Speaker 1: You're listenings KF I AM six forty the Bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio. F Josh can mention your name and your connection to everything? Sure, Josh Jos heard the drummer for the Foo Fighters, Yes, sir, and he's a.
Speaker 2: Really good friend show yep.
Speaker 1: And I was talking to him about, uh, you know, who's your favorite band?
Speaker 2: And I didn't mention mine.
Speaker 1: So but but my guys are all dead, so it all works out, all right.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of Elvis? Yes, he would move his pelvis. They called him Elvis the Pelvis. Yes, just to let you know, folks.
Speaker 1: And top of every hour, I think we're going to do this all day, right to every hour, we're gonna mention how much we have raised, uh for Katerina's Club. We're here broadcasting in at the Anaheim White House Restaurant and this is well Bruno, chef Bruno started this charity back I think what two thousand and eight, two thousand and five, and it started with a couple of kids feeding these motel kids. His mom pointed out that well that really started because his mother influenced him.
Speaker 2: That's why it's called Katerina's Club because that's his mom's name.
Speaker 1: And now it's twenty five thousand meals a week that Chef Bruno feeds those kids. It's just astronomical, and we ask you to please join us because KFI is half their budget. I mean, that's how much money we raise. So a couple of ways please come on out. You can donate here at the Anheim White House and you can do it online. Anybody who donates a thousand dollars or more gets a free plug. I'll be more than happy to hoar your business or your whatever individual issue you have. And so before we get to Silvano, who is the general manager here, a couple of different ways that you can donate.
Speaker 2: Come on out here and donate.
Speaker 1: Go to Wendy's, donate five dollars for more coupon book worth far more than five dollars for Wendy's Smart and final donate at the counter all till December eight and you'll see my donation that I mean, I filled up a shopping cart of pasta and sauce, which after I went through the check stand, I immediately had them return to the shelves. So you can go to at Bill Handleshow, Instagram and you'll see all of that.
Speaker 3: It was weird to watch you shop because he'd go one box for the children, one box for me, Yeah, one sauce for the children, one sauce for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Once an hour, we tell you how much we have raised already as of eight am, one hundred thousand dollars. That is worth a plotting. And five thousand, three hundred pounds of pasta and sauce last year fifty tons of pasta and sauce. And was it one point three million that we raised, yes, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: We're going to beat that one million, one point three million, which.
Speaker 2: Is impressive, all right.
Speaker 1: Silvano, who is the VP and chair of Katerina's Club and runs the restaurant. Bruno spends more time on Catterino's Club than he actually does at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the kind of guy he is.
Speaker 1: And when we first started, Bruno happened to be a restaurant tour that had this charity. Now he is head of a charity that happens to be a restaurant tour, so Silvano.
Speaker 2: Really runs this place.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Silvano, and we are friends. My daughter had a wedding here. So let me ask you, and I've we talked about this before. Is it easier to run this restaurant when Bruno is not here?
Speaker 2: Is he in the room?
Speaker 4: I answer, it's it's different when he's here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's just say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when the when the mouse is away, the cats will play a type of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm just going to talk about the Yeah, it's one of my favorite restaurants. So a couple of things you guys do, is you have this program, a hospitality program. You want to talk a little bit about that, and just how different this restaurant is than others.
Speaker 4: It's we always I tell people when they drive in the driveway, as soon as they come into our property, it's taken them to a different place. So leave all your worries behind, leave the work, the problems, the stress outside the walls. As soon as you come over here, you're not just here to have dinner. Here for an experience, so we take you to a different place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is a destination restaurant.
Speaker 1: You are in a very different place, especially if you're taking copious quantities of drugs just before you walk in, which I have done several times.
Speaker 2: Who comes up with the dishes.
Speaker 5: Bruno actually does quite a bit of it. Of course.
Speaker 4: It's we've been here for quite some time since eighty seven, so we've had chefs come through here, and we've had He's had a lot of different chef friends that's given a recipe here and there, and you know, looking at Neil's instagram to we come up with some ideas as well, well.
Speaker 1: What's the number one dish, what's the most what's favorite dish the people order here?
Speaker 4: That's one of Brunel's creations. The salmon chocolate is what we call it. It's salmon with a white chocolate massed potatoes.
Speaker 5: I believe it or not. They are amazing.
Speaker 2: They are in my favorite.
Speaker 1: They do a lobster They do a lobster ravioli that is absolutely insane. Except the time when you ran out of the pastas and you had some kind of different recipe and they were inedible.
Speaker 5: You weren't supposed to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what when did when did that happen? It happened once and so ten years ago. Yeah, it was just what he remember. He remembers nothing. He leaves this. My god, he doesn't know who but he remembers is the beat it was.
Speaker 4: It was a special dish for him alone. That's you know, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: So the number, well, I don't want to do that either.
Speaker 1: So you have a tent outside and it's just absolutely gorgeous outside. Now you brought the tent back because the city. You had a problem with the city on the tent, as other restaurants have.
Speaker 4: Ye know, during COVID, we were able to dine outside obviously, so we had this big, this large tent that we were using for outdoor dining and it came to an end basically the temperate tent was expired. So but as soon as December kind of rolled around, we needed some space again. So we managed to be able to bring it back for the holidays and so we have this, like you said, a beautiful dining experience in dual dining space we have right now through the holidays where we have a little Christmas trees.
Speaker 5: It's it's a beautiful space. I love it, No, it is.
Speaker 1: It's it's a real destination restaurant. I know, I'm you know, plugging the Anaheim White House, and I pressure should I know I should because of the charity, because we get involved in all of that, but it genuinely is that good. And I've never met anybody who I have referred here who hasn't come back and said, you're absolutely right. So Silvano, thank you guys, and you can thank.
Speaker 2: Us absolutely so it works both ways.
Speaker 4: Well, I appreciate everything that KFI does and the listeners. Okay, if I am suported, you guys are fantastic. Really, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, Silvano.
Speaker 3: He does such a great job and he's a humble guy. And you you guys are talking about the ambiance and the food, all those things are great, but the way this place is run from somebody who goes out a lot is absolutely the highest of marks.
Speaker 2: You really, your team, your.
Speaker 3: Attitude here is and I don't think we we say that enough about how they run things here.
Speaker 1: Look, my daughter's wedding was here a few weeks ago, and Silvano of course managed all of that and even with the it rained that night and they pulled it off and it still worked.
Speaker 2: Of course, everybody's hair was kind of a mess at the years of especially mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyway, strongly recommend the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Silvano. Thanks all right, coming up the.
Speaker 1: Casual moviegoers think of the past. That's actually a problem for Hollywood. We'll talk about that because there's some things going on in the movie industry right now that I didn't expect and a lot of people didn't. And then we have a oh the bottom of the or the last segment we have you do not want to not you don't want to miss this one. It's about sex workers in Belgium and their and their collective bargaining agreement, their union. And I have a story about going to a hooker.
Speaker 2: Of course you do. I do, I absolutely do. I don't think I've ever shared this.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be back.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We are at the Anaheim White House for pastafon. We do this every year, doing this for fourteen years, and we are raising money your donations to help feed the kids. Chef Bruno created Catarina's Club, a charity that feeds kids in need, starting with five kids back in two thousand and five, and now it's twenty five thousand meals a week.
Speaker 2: So amazing. Yeah, it is amazing. So come on up by. We have bagels.
Speaker 1: A matter of fact, Wendy's just dropped off a whole bag of breakfast sandwiches which we are handing out, So come on buy and you won't get a breakfast sandwich because everybody already ate them, but have some bagels, have some pastries, coffee, and we'd love to have you here. You can donate here anybody, or you can donate online, which is always helpful. Kfiam six forty dot com. Slash Pastathon.
Speaker 2: Also a great opportunity.
Speaker 3: We are teaming up with four Orange County Wild Fork Foods locations for a give back event. It's one day only today until eight pm. Head into Wildfork Foods locations in Coasta Mesa, Laguna, Negal, Mission, Viejo, Huntington Beach and you do your shopping.
Speaker 2: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: You do your shopping and at checkout say KFI Pastathon and fifteen percent of your total we'll go to the KFI Pastathon for Katerina's Club. Wildfort Foods has great meat seafood, seven hundred meat and seafood options. They've got products from all over the world, exotic meats, they've got you know, all kinds of sides, everything, like that. Go to Wildforkfoods dot com to see more amazing prices. But again mention KFI Pastathon when you check out to have fifteen percent off your total today only until eight pm will be donated to the KFI Pastathon from our friends at Wildfork.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is just great stuff.
Speaker 1: I know we've been talking about Pastathon the whole morning and not through our normal topics. Although at eight fifty way are we going to talk about the story of sex workers in Belgium now have maternity leave and sick pay, the world's first employment rights of hookers that exist, so we have to do that.
Speaker 2: And a personal story I might add that I've never shared before.
Speaker 3: Also better than you talking about prostitution in adging and saying oh, and I have a personal story.
Speaker 1: We do and I've never shared it before. Also, I just went to the restroom and there's a sign that says all gender restrooms. So Amy, let me ask you clearly, it's all gender, which means males or females can't go.
Speaker 2: You have to be all genders. I'm screwed because yeah, yeah, and you're not all gender, just one.
Speaker 3: All of us have all the genders in us is what it's saying, Bill, We're a rainbow of genders, each of us.
Speaker 2: I mean, thank God for Rick DeSantis at this point.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh my gosh, Okay, yeah, that okay, that was just fun.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a whole list of things that and tirelessly puts together for you if you want.
Speaker 1: We haven't done it, and we haven't done enough of these stories either. Okay, all right, so this one, so this one will do just for a moment, and that is moviegoers, even though there is an explosion because of the three films Mona, Mona, Yeah that too.
Speaker 2: It's actually two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually the number two, and it did two hundred and something million dollars million opening weekend.
Speaker 2: And then you have Gladiator two, and then you have.
Speaker 1: Wicked that's out there that you saw and you thought was just tremendous.
Speaker 2: I saw it twice. You paid for it twice. I did. It was great, that's what I heard. Fantastic. That's right, I look beautiful. I did.
Speaker 6: There's this one scene in the movie. Yes, both times, it just kills me. Cynthia Arriva does such a fabulous job as Alphabet. Yeah, it just tugs that you could know yeah, I won't.
Speaker 2: I love I love it. I love the stage musical.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that was long though.
Speaker 2: It's as long as the whole stage show without the intermission.
Speaker 6: Right, And that's just the first part. The second part comes out next year.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 1: So it's sequel after sequel after sequel. For example, how many sequels are their mission predictable?
Speaker 2: I think they're on eight.
Speaker 1: Another one coming out at some point. When do you say, thank you, that's enough.
Speaker 3: I just think it's been one movie for Tom Cruise, and they just they pause, and then they edit it and they put it out, and then they put them in another wardrobe and they do the.
Speaker 1: It's like television shows where it's seven or eight seasons of twenty episodes per season.
Speaker 2: When you think about it, it's a.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and eighty minute, no excuse me, two and eighty hour movie.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a long movie.
Speaker 3: In the last installment of Mission Impossible, Tom Cruise should dine in first.
Speaker 2: Eight minutes and then the credit for all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would throw everybody off, and there'll be like an hour and a half of credits, so that people don't, you know, think that, oh, it's.
Speaker 2: Only an eight minute movie.
Speaker 3: No, it's a two and a half hour movie. Just most of it is credits.
Speaker 1: All right, let's come back and we'll talk about well, yeah, the casual moviegoer.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna segue right into that and then.
Speaker 1: The SEC worker's story in Belgium, and we're going to give you what okay. Ah, so we're not gonna wait until the top of yeah, start.
Speaker 2: Even live on the air. What's your problem? No, No, I'm trying to figure out when we're going to thirty eight.
Speaker 3: That's not true because we know because we have a delay forty seconds.
Speaker 2: We have no forty for a second, we have a delay.
Speaker 1: Second, we have a delay and by the way, delay there's a little inside baseball. Okay, and this is where management is going to love to talk about this.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: If you say something that is inappropriate, for example, some schatological term or an FCC violation term, you're going to be the delay is going to hit and it won't be heard if you if you're calling in calling show and you call back and they pick up the phone, say.
Speaker 2: It again because the delay doesn't work. Okay, really it's done.
Speaker 3: The new system allow you to surgically remove it. And so if someone does it again, you can do another. I'm not going to explain the whole thing, unlike you. It used to be my job. I know, it used to be so much fun. I would have friends.
Speaker 1: Do it, and the the FCC got involved, and it was just.
Speaker 2: Saying, all right, inside baseball, we'll be back, and we will only be back. Yeah we will. Should we be back? No, we shouldn't.
Speaker 1: All right, casual moviegoers talking a little bit about movie and there's a thing going on, and we're here at the Anaheim White House raising money for catarinas and postaen sauce. Last year on the Posta and sauce side, fifty tons of pasta and sauce.
Speaker 2: And one point three million dollars because of you. I mean, if then that's you globally, not just you know. The four people that are here listening to the show in the audience.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I'm having a conversation with Josh Freeze of the Food Fighters, and and of course I asked them for free tickets to his next concert fares.
Speaker 2: It'll even make the Food Fighters sound lame with I know, I know this is Neil.
Speaker 1: Neil always makes fun of me and so h, No, Josh is a good guy.
Speaker 2: Josh is a good guy. If he gives me the tickets, Uh, then we'll find out, all right.
Speaker 3: Have you ever met anybody that has access to anything that you haven't asked for something free?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I just don't know. I have a philosophy and radio and I've shared this with you. If you cannot get it free or wholesale, you don't need it.
Speaker 2: It's just that simple think that through, except you got to pay. You know that's not true. I go to.
Speaker 1: Costco and I pay the price that you know they charge.
Speaker 2: But it's all.
Speaker 3: But you give everybody a bad name because I don't you know, I like to go out and support places, yeah, restaurants, and you like, I don't need any freebies.
Speaker 2: I don't need a discount. I don't need a free You're not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take.
Speaker 2: Away your radio card.
Speaker 1: That's you're done, okay, fair enough, let's uh uh, let's do it.
Speaker 2: And Amy, you can join in on this. Not that you have any idea what we're talking about. You don't know what's done.
Speaker 1: Casual movie going has really destroyed the movie industry. And I'll explain what casual movie going is. Where you would just say, hey, let's go to the movies, you know, just you know, for no reason, or you're going into a you know, you're going into mal and there's a movie theater and you go, hey, let's go see a movie.
Speaker 2: No one does that anymore.
Speaker 1: And there are a bunch of reasons. First of all, it's not even the price of the movies. It's the fact that you can see the movie next week on cable that.
Speaker 2: Hurts in your underwear and your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and you know, I drink a lot of stuff so you can pose it n P. It's very difficult to do that in a movie theater unless you you.
Speaker 2: Know, tried pause, I have to peel. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know here, a diet coke at home costs you what just a few cents or maybe eighty cents or seventy five cents can if you buy them in any kind of bulk, it's like nine dollars for a six ounce coke. It's crazy, so real quickly, Amy, do you do casual movie going at all?
Speaker 2: Not so much. I used to go to two movies a week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have friends who do, but I I'm more appointment appointment movies, and I only go if it's really big, like Wicked.
Speaker 1: Because exactly the problem with the movie industry.
Speaker 2: How about you and Neil?
Speaker 3: No, you know with a Max just turned eight, we're home. Yeah, that's the whole point. There's just no I can't remember the last time my wife and I got to see a movie.
Speaker 2: Well, and the same thing with me. I used to go to so many movies.
Speaker 1: And then when I found out I couldn't get into movie theaters for free because I used to know people, I stopped going to movies.
Speaker 2: It's wrong with you plenty.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like where you are from, how absolutely how much love do you have to withhold from a child to make you.
Speaker 2: So what ends up happening is movie theaters.
Speaker 1: Also, what they're bringing people in is those destination movie theaters where you have those reclining seats and you order the very the.
Speaker 2: AMCs are all that.
Speaker 6: They're all recliners now, and then you don't even have to go to the epic, which is the step up where they serve a full menu. Right, but even the regular movie theaters now have recliners.
Speaker 3: It's great, but you know what's bringing people into the theaters is the popcorn buckets, the themed popcorn buckets.
Speaker 2: People are going, Oh that's the other thing. Twenty nine dollars for a popcorn bucket.
Speaker 6: They took a lesson from Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Just insane.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean movie theaters are just not the same. I mean things, It used to be all the same.
Speaker 2: You know, the sticky floors. No, that's a different theater. Oh okay, different.
Speaker 6: Oh you guys, I wasn't even gonna go there.
Speaker 2: I did immediately, of course you did.
Speaker 1: All right, we're doing so we're.
Speaker 2: Done on that one.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna end it with a story that's now in the new sex workers. Hookers in Belgium now have maternity leave and sick pay. They have unions, much like they do in the Netherlands.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't a prostitute have to go on sick leave no matter what, if she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they're not pregnant. It's it's so I want.
Speaker 3: To unless there's a particular fetish that's kind of a if you gotta go on leave.
Speaker 1: And I have a personal story that I have never shared before, and I'm going to share it with you, and it should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: I guess you're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Anaheim White House for those of you that would like to join us. We're live for Pastaphani at the Anaheim White House and come on, buy bagels and coffee and donuts, pastries and it's it's actually a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: And if you donate, good because we need it.
Speaker 1: As of eight o'clock, we had over one hundred thousand dollars already donated and that number.
Speaker 2: Is only going to get big.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get bigger, and we're ahead of last year. We're pacing ahead of last year. Now, as I said, anybody who donates one thousand dollars or more, any business, any individual, is going to get a mentioned. So I want to thank Susan and Nageli and she is. She doesn't want me to say anything, she doesn't want to meet you, she has doesn't care who you are. It's just she's donated to the cause.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: That's very cool, and it's seriously cool because that is that's a that's make up.
Speaker 2: Let's make up a company for her and plug it.
Speaker 1: Susan's house, and that we segue right into our topic, and that is it just came out sex workers. Hookers in Belgium now have maternity leave and say pay.
Speaker 2: And this is a first for employment rights.
Speaker 1: Now keep in mind there already is a union of hookers in the Netherlands.
Speaker 2: That was the first time.
Speaker 1: Now it's Belgium and Belgium and they've increase the rights.
Speaker 2: Now there is, by the way, there's a move and very people know.
Speaker 1: Very few people know about this, and this is there's a move out of Mexico with hookers that they also are negotiating for rights, except the government wants to.
Speaker 2: Tax them at a higher rate because they're hookers.
Speaker 1: And I read this people unfairly tax association.
Speaker 2: I saw that in a slow motion. Okay, so let me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get to I don't want to create visuals here. But let's say a prostitute goes on maternity leave.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's covered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, Now she comes back right back for business. I guess little ones at home, is she gonna be real popular?
Speaker 2: I don't tell. Okay, you know what I have to ask Bruno.
Speaker 1: Bruno speaks absolute fluent French and Italian. How do you say genital warts in Italian? No comment, it is no comment, that's how you say it. No, but this is legit, this is real, and I'm going to share a story with you as I promised about actually going to one of these houses. I was in my twenties and I was one of my jobs I had was as a tour leader and I was taking tourhouses. No, I was taking a tour through South America, a young, virile guy in his twenties, I'd never been, never been since. And the taxi driver, the tour guide, local tour guy, said would you like to go to a party tonight? And I said sure, and he takes me to this house, pretty high end, this is buenas Ayas and there I am and do we actually started talking? And I said no. I said no because I didn't believe that the truth that she was telling me the truth when she would say, you're the best I've ever had, you are the best looking guy I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Now give you my two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: So that was the only time you ever had a chance of hearing those words. Well, I wouldn't pay for it. No, that's that is actually a true story.
Speaker 1: And you said Wayne had an incident also, Yeah, Wayne where he couldn't he couldn't do it either.
Speaker 3: We went to a brothel for on the air for for kf I many many years ago.
Speaker 2: We're doing this sponsort. It wasn't brought to you by Herpa.
Speaker 3: Way and it was in Nevada.
Speaker 2: And he contemplated, when contemplated having.
Speaker 3: Sex with a prostatute and then he found out that they have microphones in the rooms so that they can check in for the safety of the ladies of the evening and.
Speaker 2: A safety factor. And that makes a lot of sense. Although people they get very religious in those houses.
Speaker 1: You hear you know that you hear Oh God at a very high level a couple of times.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we are done.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're back tomorrow in studio, starting with Amy. Of course, we'll wake up call and all day we're going to be broadcasting here at the Anaheim White House, all of our hosts right through ten o'clock tonight.
Speaker 2: And we asked you to come by.
Speaker 1: We have bagels, and we have pastries until they run out, and coffee, and we got a lot of them here and you can come by and donate here or on the website KFI a M six to forty dot com slash Pasta fon. You can also go to a Wendy's five bucks or more you get a coupon book for a lot more than five dollars.
Speaker 2: At Wendy's.
Speaker 1: You can go to Smart and Final donate there and you will see my donation which was pretty big. It was a full shopping cart full of pasta and sauce which as soon as I went through immediately had them put back on the shelves because.
Speaker 3: It's just a photo op. Yep, yeah, pretty much. He went the Gavin Newsome photo Off and.
Speaker 1: We have so much up on the on Instagram this morning at Bill Handles Show and it's all of this.
Speaker 2: Neil the last wild for It Well Wildford.
Speaker 3: You can go to Wild for Today four locations in Orange County to check out, and all you have to do is when you shop there, just mentioned the KFI pastathon as you're in checkout and fifteen percent of your entire purchase amount will go to Catarina's Club up until eight pm tonight. We also want to give a shout out and thanks to our friends there at Hilton Anaheim. They took care of our entire KFI pastathon crew last night, housing them up at their four star hotel featuring newly renovated rooms with view of the Disneyland fireworks.
Speaker 2: And you can meet a couple of Belgian young ladies.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no, but they might have breakfast.
Speaker 2: Hilton Anaheim Hotel dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody for being here. We really appreciate it. Thank you for your donations. And we're gonna make this. We're gonna make this happen. So we'll start again. We're back in studio tomorrow. We'll catch you then wake up call at five Neil and I come aboard and.
Speaker 3: The entire lineup until ten o'clock tonight when Mo Kelly signs off. So come by, give us love when you get off work. Whatever you can do would be great.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it, guys. You have a good one.
Speaker 1: Stay put, stay tuned KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.