Speaker 1: To Eves Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yes it is Thursday, May the twenty nine, twenty twenty five. I won't see it today, I'll see it tomorrow. Next thing, you know, I'll be saying it's December the second and it's Christmas. Just wait, guys, that's how quickly this year is going. Can you believe it? It will be June next week. Welcome back to the show. This is Eve Sports Radio. Phone numbers five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred. That's five zero two five one seventy nine hundred. This is Sports Talk seven ninety KRD. Got Shannon behind the glass, of course, like always, he's in Louisville. I'm sitting here looking out the window of the eighth floor room eight twenty six the Weston and Greenville, South Carolina, Greenville, Spartanburg. I'm looking out the windows, so guys, I can tell you there's nothing going on here at all other than the NCCAA convention. So welcome back to the show. We've got a lot to get to. Shun and tell me.
Speaker 1: It's my younger son with me yet he's on. What's going on? Young fella? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good this morning? You know, looks like it's gonna be nice, a nice day out here in Louisville, Kentucky as well. So looking forward to a nice day off to you know, finally get to see some sunshine and relax.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was a nice, Anthony. It's overcast here and rainy. It's been raining the entire time. At least it warmed up a little bit yesterday, but it's it's a tough time around here right now. If people are looking for sunshine, you're not gonna get it here.
Speaker 1: That's all I can say. Here's the problem. Though. We've got so much in sports. But I'm telling you what, Anthony.
Speaker 2: Last night was one of those nights awfoot ball game, which we'll talk about. I fall asleep on it, probably mid third quarter. I wake up at one o'clock, turn off the lights, TV. Couldn't go back to sleep. I don't go back to sleep until three.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 2: I did not turn the television on, just up. I hate this. I've been traveling my entire life. I'm sixty six, so at least I mean real traveling since I was eighteen and a half, so guys, you know, forty eight years and I probably had five nights like this. I have no problem sleeping. I go to sleep every night, Anthony, and sleep all night unless I have to get up to use the bathroom because I'm old. But I have no problem going to sleep. Not last night. I just looked at the walls, looked at my phone, looked at the walls.
Speaker 1: I said, this is awful. There's nothing worse than I've been able to sleep in a hotel. That's all.
Speaker 2: It was awful one of those nights, Anthony. So anyway, I've got to get ready.
Speaker 1: We've got meetings all day today and then we vote tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And I'll get out of here. But I'll tell you one thing, Athink host telling Shannon, everybody wants to be a big time We're the NCC. Our second see is for Christian. So you've got National Collegiate Athletic Associate. We're a national Christian got me, that's all. And we could have done all this on one day. We could have brought up the issues in the morning, we could have voted on them last night.
Speaker 1: I could have been on my way home today.
Speaker 2: But we have to act like we're the SEC, the Big ten, the a SEC, and we meet and speak about everything. They went to baseball games last night, Anthony, for fellowship. I didn't go. Tony Brad said, what's wrong with your fellowship? I said, I've got enough of it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, and that was last night.
Speaker 2: So we've got so much. I mean, Anthony, we've got good news. Oh Taga always coming back to the Cats. So they're excited, and I'm happy we're going to talk about that. I'm glad for that. We've got to talk about the game. Oh my goodness. I mean I did. When this thing started, Anthony told everyone I don't watch regular season.
Speaker 1: But I do watch the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I like the playoffs I've seen this year, Anthony, have been blowouts. I want people to understand. There have been blowouts in playoff games. Even when I played in the eighties, Anthony, there have been some twenty five, twenty six point beat downs. There have, but not as many as this year. This year was just comical. And last night's game, which we'll get to, was a joke. I mean that was just And then when it's sixty five or thirty two at halftime and I'm sitting never going what am I watching? Trying to find a movie on all the rest of the channels. It was just that bad. So I'm a thought to you with some national news. We've got another game tonight that you're gonna give us, and then we're gonna dive into quite a bit of this sports some smart things. I still I'm gonna play. We've got to talk about Matt. I'm Matt Shannon. I don't know if I sent it to you or not. Yes, but play please, Let's just play a little bit from our OKC so that we can hear.
Speaker 1: Let's just start with that actning before I hit rich your national news. Let it play, please, sha it Finals Most Valuable Player trophy is appropriately named after another all time NBA great, Magic Johnson. The winner of the Magic Johnson Trophy for the twenty twenty five Western Conference Finals Most Valuable Player is Shaye Gilges Alexander Shaye just knowing what that trophy stands for. What does it mean to you to now own one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a really good feeling. Think stuff you jimmy about as a kid. I just want to shout out these fans.
Speaker 1: They've been here.
Speaker 4: Yet a couple of years. I got here. There's some really dark times in this arena, not fun times. And these stands fans have been by her side through thick and thin, so we appreciate them.
Speaker 1: First and foremost.
Speaker 4: And then, of course I want to thank my teammates. Without them, I'm nothing Claire's day. I don't have one hundred and twenty four points by myself. I love these guys to death. Now, with all that being said, this is a step in the right direction. But we have a lot more work to them. We know that, and that's what we're focused on.
Speaker 3: So let's buckle up and your weddings great.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Shannon. So Anthony, there you go, give me my national news. But what do you think about Shake Gilders. I like that young man, Anthony, I really do. I like his temperament. I just do what do you think?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey said he won the smoothest guys in the NBA for a reason.
Speaker 2: No, they do. That's a true statement. Coaches, general managers, players, I mean, honestly, When Patrick Beverly and everyone, if you all don't know, Patrick Beverly has played in the league for fourteen or fifteen years. He used to get under everybody's skin. He would defend you with the rockets. He played for probably five or six teams a Minnesota everywhere.
Speaker 1: I listened to him when he said the first time and he had to guard him. He went up and told him.
Speaker 2: He calls him slinky. He says, slinky, you know about yourself? He says, no, what do you mean? He says, you don't know about yourself? He says, I'm going to be pretty good. He says pretty good. You're going to be great. And this was Patrick Beverly, honestly, guys five years ago telling the kid, no, you're gonna be great. And this is one time Patrick Beverley was correct. He's a nutcase, but he is one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 1: He is good. He's really good, Anthony.
Speaker 2: I mean the kid just thinking he's got thirty four points in thirty three minutes.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Fourteen for twenty five, and there have been games when he had to shoot it twenty nine times.
Speaker 1: But I told you I had no problem with that. He takes the responsibility. But fourteen for twenty five, two for four from the three, four for four from the free throw line, seven rebounds, eight assists, two turnovers.
Speaker 2: I mean they just twenty six to nine. They should have had a running clock rule, Anthony. They should a running clock rule.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 2: So I'm a though to you give me some of the national news, tell me what you think of last night's game, and then we'll get to our first break.
Speaker 3: That game last night was you know. The crazy thing is I didn't even watch it last night. I just kept up with the stats on my phone. But when I saw that halftime score, I was, I was just I was. I was disappointed. I mean, twenty six to nine of the first quarter. Then the same quarter wasn't much better. Guys blown out thirty nine to twenty three. They're down a total of like thirty four in the first half. It was just I was like in Minnesota, they flew out to Oklahoma City for absolutely no reason at all. I don't even know why they came.
Speaker 1: They had to. They just had to get it over with tob they'd gone to cobble lethargic.
Speaker 3: You know Anthony Edwards, you know, he tried his best. He had a rough night. Julius Ramdalls started off slow, trying to get it going. But outside of those two players, I hate to say for the Minnesota Timbwolves, they gotta make some of them. They gotta make some adjustment support their supporting cast is terrible. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: Yes, Reid's the only decent player. Here's the deal, though, Anthony, and I'm going to be honest with you. They've been in the Western Conference finals everyone the last two years. So Chris Finch has done an adequate job, I mean a very good job. That means they're only four teams playing out of the thirty. But there's got to be some coaching going on, Anthony. They have no concept. They out talented people. In my opinion, and I told you this Golden State would have beat.
Speaker 1: Them this year.
Speaker 2: I did not think they could have beaten Golden State because Golden State has a concept.
Speaker 1: They just do.
Speaker 2: I don't think they would have been able to do that. But you can't take anything from them. They got to the Western Conference twice. And I'm an Anthony Edwards fan. I'm not gonna roll over on him. He's young, twenty three years old, and he's very talented. But the bottom line is he's gonna have to take the coaching and Chris Finch is gonna have to give some coaching because Anthony, their offense was so bad and so stagnant it's embarrassing. I think a change is coming. I want everybody to listen to me.
Speaker 1: Now. I love the NBA.
Speaker 2: When I played the Magic Johnson and Isaiah Thomas, you talked jazz. We have one hundred and twenty points a game, Anthony. We got up and down the floor even with the physicality. Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper dunk it on people in transition. Anthony, this is Ricky Green. Before I ever played the my first game, there was a hotel directly across the street from the Forum, directly across the street where we stayed in Marriotte at the time. I want everyone to go back and think about pac Man was huge, Anthony.
Speaker 1: The video game pac Man was huge. It was taking over the world.
Speaker 2: So we were in the lobby early, Ricky Green and I with our low quarters playing pac Man. It only took a quarter Anthony playing pac Man and Ricky standing behind me and says, are.
Speaker 1: You ready, young fella? And I was having a pretty good rookie year, guys, I made second team. Are rookie as ten points a game? I said, yeah, I'm ready. I'd played against Magic Johnson before and stros games before it. I was comfortable.
Speaker 2: He says, here's what I want you. Just to imagine Magic Johnson in the middle, Michael Cooper on the right wing, James Worthy on the left wing.
Speaker 1: And guess what happens to you? I said what he says, you get dunked on.
Speaker 2: He says, that's all that's gonna happen to you, over and over and over again. You'll see Anthony. Not three hours later, I'm backpeddaling. Magic Johnson's in the middle, James Worthy's on one side, Michael Cooper's on the other. James Worthy was my roommate in the first National Sports Festival, Anthony, so Worthy is a very good friend of mine. Of course he went to Worthy, Anthony. Everyone knows the Statue of Liberty dunk that James Worthy would do. Boom marking, not mark Eaton, Ben Poqutt takes the ball out abound throws it in. All I remember is James Worthy yelling at me, got you. Because he was a year younger than I was.
Speaker 1: Anthony.
Speaker 2: All he yelled at me was got you, I said. And he came out early. He came out before I did, Anthony. And that's all I can remember him yelling at me. See him, got you?
Speaker 1: I said, boy, Ricky Green told me I was getting that was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But here's the change. The Indiana Pacers get up and down the floor, Anthony. They run early offense. They transitioned, their big men run to the front of the rim. Okay See, you didn't watch the game, but Holgrin gets a dunk early in the first quarter. Anthony, running the wing, dunks it with two hands. I think teams are going to change this. Get a rebound, give it to the star player, walk it up. They him, dribble it a thousand times, run thirty five, picking rolls, and shoot the ball. I think a change is coming back, and I'm glad for it. I really do. I love the way the Pacers play, and I love the way okay See plays. I think okay See still beats them. Honestly, Anthony, I think okay Se wins it in five. They may give up a game, and this one's not over tonight with the Knicks and the Pacers, But okay See's the best team. There's no question about it. They're the best team. And they defend you like college health defense. They force you to shoot primber's shots. They don't let you have dribble penetration. I think a change is coming. I'm glad for it because the old NBA, Anthony the and one NBA with all the dribbling, to watch Julius Randall trying to run a pick and roll, which was the play Anthony with his right hand going right, they stole the ball. Shay Gildigs. Alexander gets a dunk. That's not to his strength. That's not knocking Julius Randall. That's putting that man at a disadvantage Antey, That's not what he does. I don't care what Chris Finn says or anybody says. That's not to Julius Randall's strength. And that's what they had him doing yesterday. It was it was child's play. It was embarrassing. So hit me with the rest of the national news before we get to break Anthony. What's going on tonight? What about the next game?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 3: I still like the Pacers tonight, you know, I you know, and I know it's tough to say. Obviously, they're playing in New York, the game is close to spread. Is a favorite of Knicks four and a half at home. Obviously, what I can see that Knicks do get a lot of crowd momentum when they play at home. That is the one advantage and going back there. But the Pacers are that team too, and I feel, like I've said all postseason, they're just an unorthodox team all the way down to Tyreechhylburn, from their play style, how they run their offense, and the scoring evilely distribution across the board because they don't have that one person that they focus in on. That's the only reason why I think Indiana will win this series when they go to and I think they will when they play Okay. See. Will they have a harder time scoring, Yes, I think so, But I think they'll have a better time scoring than the Timberwolves are. Timber Bowls are very much just Anthony Edwards and Julius Randall heavy, you know, those two of their main majority scores. That they don't score, they lose by like fifty points. We've seen it like four times in the playoffs where the Timberwolves, and not even just in the OKC series, even in the series before, even when they played Denver, they had games where they were getting blown out or they had difficult games scoring. But the games that they did have closer wins or even losses. They had better scoring with the supporting cast. Jayden Daniels scored better, Nas Reed, Dante DiVincenzo, some other players stepped in. Mike Conley has just kind of been out their coasting a little bit. He's really not.
Speaker 1: Much to retire.
Speaker 2: The factor in the playoffs Indianapolis Lawns and arth Boy Anthony went to school with your nieces.
Speaker 1: Great guy, great Gabas. Time to retire, no question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's gonna be a different matchup for Oka. See, you just can't focus it on one person because the one thing I think I will say about the Paters is that majority of their team can shoot the ball from the perimeter, which space is the floor out. Even the role players can shoot very well. The only one that doesn't shoot is super great is TJ McConnell. He's more of a mid range player, but he does play defense hard, so he brings that to Nasty to him. But Hal Burns, Aaroni Smith, Andrew nim Hard, even Myles Turner stretches the floor. I'll bringing Hartenstein outside of the paint, which does help him to Obviously, Rudy Gobert can't shoot you know to save anybody's life at this point, we all know that. So he kept the paint clagged Hartenstein and they got a lot of boards. Same thing with chet Holmingrom. I think they'll have better matchups. Obie Topping can be out there to stress the floor a little bit as well coming off the bench. I'm not gonna say they're gonna go out there and be She's dominant handon, dominant heavy from the perimeter. But I hate to say that Indiana is gonna have to make a lot of perimeter shots to have a chance to win that series. Is they have to be able to stretch forward to bring him out to where they can shoot open lamps in the second half. If they come out there and they shoot all bricks like a lot of teams been doing in that series, I just don't see their probability of winning being very high.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: I agree, and we got to get the break.
Speaker 2: It's already seven twenty two and yes, well man, John Karney, you can sleep well now we'll take it always back.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows that I can't wait. We're getting close. John.
Speaker 2: It's almost time for Eves against Carney. Everybody knows Carney's Galleries. But guys, he's a cat fan and I'm a card and he got it. He got a piece back, Anthony. He's happy he got his chest piece back. So he's happy about his basketball team. And we're gonna talk about that and University of Kentucky. I alluded to yesterday coach Stoops talking about people poaching players, and we're gonna talk a little bit about that also.
Speaker 1: After the break. It's the sports radio. Guys.
Speaker 2: It's already seven twenty two. I'm in Greenville, South Carolina. Anthony's in Louisville. We'll talk to you after the break back to Eaves. Sports Radio got Anthony Eves. It's seven twenty six. You should be on your.
Speaker 1: Way to work. If you have to be there at eight o'clock, go safely. I hope you have a beautiful day in Louisville, Anthony. Kentucky fans are feeling pretty good, Anthony. That o'teiga Olway has come back.
Speaker 2: We know the young man sixteen point two points, four point seven rebounds, one point six steals had a tremendous season last year. Scored in double figures almost every game, I think, but two or I know, no more than three great year, breakout year, surprising year, waited till the last minute, almost Anthony to declare that he was going back to Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Were you surprised he came back?
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't. I know he was testing all the waters in the NBA draft. But you know, I hate to say, it's one of those things that in il money and his reputation be so high at the UK, it's almost it's almost hard to not go back.
Speaker 1: Exactly. I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I don't think there was a guaranteed spot from the NBA. Is as good as he had a cold season last year, I couldn't sit there and guarantee and be like, I'll take a Oway was just a guaranteed for a round pick. Even though that sounds crazy to say, Well, if you look at his number of statistics, I understand that. But I hate to say the ABS scouts. The one thing they're always gonna throw in there that's gonna knock people like wuld take away a is his age age?
Speaker 1: Yeah, agent shit.
Speaker 2: I mean that, yes, and I think hopefully Anthony that's gonna change. But you're correct about that in certain positions. I mean, they didn't say that about Larry bird, Anthony. But in today's era and for some reason, people don't think that you can improve at age twenty three, twenty four, I don't really get it, but you're one hundred percent correct with it. But Anthony, this is the reason why I'm glad. If there was no name, image and likeness money or take an Oway would have forced itself into the draft or gone overseas. There's no question about it, and so a lot of players. But I gave the statistic years back. The last four years since namage and likeness money has been involved, less players are going pro.
Speaker 1: They're staying in college.
Speaker 2: Now here's what I want to explain to people academically, which I don't understand, which I said, I'm going to do a whole show on one day, but I want to give it to you.
Speaker 1: Parents.
Speaker 2: If you've ever paid for your kids to go to school, and we have, and they have to transfer, if they want to transfer, and if they want to change majors when they go to another school, if you have sixty hours you're completely done with your freshman sophomore's curriculum in college and you transfer to a different university in state, are out.
Speaker 1: They're not going to accept all the hours.
Speaker 2: You may get forty four of the sixty, you may get forty of the sixty, but they don't accept all your hours no universities due that means they're putting yourselves behind. So with all this jumping around that we have and nameage and likeness, I understand that with this transfer portal, I can only see seniors doing it because they've finished their curriculum, they've finished their four year programs, or they're truly are only going to be thirty six hours from graduating. I could see them bouncing around, but I can't see, honestly, how freshmen are doing it. Multiple times when schools aren't accepting each other's credit hours, they shouldn't be eligible to play academically because they do have a progress rule in the NCAA that they want you to progress toward a degree. So I think you're going to start to see naturally if the universities a bid by their rules and only accept certain credit hours from different universities and plug them into a real curriculum, that students will not be able to transfer as much anthony because they'll go from juniors to sophomores, which is a no no, which will make them ineligible.
Speaker 1: So I'm waiting to see that happen, I really am. Which means schools, all schools are going to have to have some integrity. I told you all the other day. I know Michigan has done it twice.
Speaker 2: And I know some IVY League teams have turned down very good players because their hours would not transfer. That's when people to understand that. So, uh, I'm with you, ant I'm glad he's back. I think it's going to help solidify Kentucky again. Everybody's got a brand new roster. Everyone does, so that's not a disadvantage Anthony. But with this SEC, Anthony, and the movement inside the SEC, I mean I picked Kentucky ten and eight last year. That's where they were. If you had to guess today basketball wise, before we get in to coach Stoops, and it's only a guess, where would you put them? As for the SEC? Top four, Anthony, Middle four, where would you put them?
Speaker 3: I put I probably from the from the roster I've seen for they have this year coming up. Just off of their prospects alone, you know, I'd probably put them. Honestly, it sounds crazy. I probably put him top three or top two right now.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, I think they have.
Speaker 3: Yeah loaded rosters and basketball. I don't be almost crazy if they had that, I do almost I almost put them in the one seed right now. I think I think they're better than Florida. Florida pretty much lost half their team or even the returning players transferred out. Walter Clayton's gone. They're just not going to be the same team anymore. Alabama. Alabama has always been that kind of if team. They're always missing something. And I just wasn't a huge fan of the team last but they were in the in the big games. They couldn't get it done. They just they couldn't get over the hump against the better teams. And then obviously you always have Auburn in there, that's the contender. But I think Kentucky's roster gets Auburn this year. I just don't see any other teams. You know, you've got Missouri's in there that always put up competition. You know you have Old miss I will try.
Speaker 1: To compete, but you know Chris gonna compete, no question about that. Yes, I mean.
Speaker 3: Like I still like mar Pope, I still like Mark, I like Kentucky. This year, I think Kentucky is like a third favorite to win the national championship right now. It's preseason standing sid, So I don't disagree. You know, I know the cast fans are excited. I'm excited. I like watching good basketball. I like the state of Kentucky when the teams are good. I like watching good UFL basketball. I like watching good Kentucky basketball. So I hope they do well this year.
Speaker 2: No, I do agree, Anthony. They're top three in my opinion. We'll have to wait and see. It's a tough conference, but I agree. Let's take our first caller, Ron, Welcome to the sports radio.
Speaker 5: Are you how are you all this morning?
Speaker 1: Good? We're good. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hey, Jerry, I wouldn't comment on what you said, which, first off, my preface about saying I agree one hundred percent with everything you said about it. But let's get real, Okay, this ain't about education. It's never been about education. These players are not bouncing around for education, and these schools are not worried about it. They're worried about the dollars. And that's what it all fools down to. There's no sense we're fooling ourselves. Average sports is gone, man, it's it's not about student athletes no more.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Ran, you know what that could be. That could be a true statement.
Speaker 2: But until they change that rule, that progress rule, Ron, and that could happen. That could happen, But until they do Ran, it should only be it should only be seniors and juniors jumping around.
Speaker 6: Well, but.
Speaker 5: Jerry, it's over.
Speaker 1: I got you the walls.
Speaker 5: They gave it to the almighty dollar. Like everybody does everything. I mean, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I chase it to Ryan. I like to chase it myself. No, but Ryan, you're right.
Speaker 2: When you start to give up your integrity, the money should come because you do the right thing. And Ran, you know, I'm a pro. I want players to get paid. I'll never back off that. But the portal needs to be dealt with.
Speaker 1: The portal needs to be dealt with, the transfer portal, the balancing around to be dealt with.
Speaker 5: We're talking about integrity and and what's legitimate. I mean, take a look at our country, for the love of Jesus, I know what do we expect? What do we expect the universities and schools today.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a it's a troubling time. Right now, Run, you're one hundred percent very shifting sands. Shifting sands, You're right, I just think but again, until they changed that progress rule, and I want everybody to understand, it was one of the best rules ever put in that universities had to force their student athletes to stay on time, and more student athletes WRI have graduated at a higher rate than non student athletes. That's a fact you all. I want you to know that. So congratulations to the universities and the student.
Speaker 2: Athletes for force education upon to making it a create a key element.
Speaker 1: And while they're there. But I'm telling you now as you well know, Run, you.
Speaker 2: Know I don't have to tell you guys, universities do not accept everybody's credit hours.
Speaker 1: They usually take, honestly, fifty to sixty percent. That means for a freshman or a sophomore abouts around, he should be ineligible.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, a lot of that's about money too.
Speaker 1: It's all about now that part I'm gonna work with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all about money.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I know exactly. I mean, Ryan, when I was in college, there wasn't even summer school money. If you had to go to summer school. First thing, the universities were mad at you because they didn't want to send you to summer school. I want people to understand, now they're in summer school before school starts.
Speaker 2: Everyone stays it's a good deal, But when I was in school, there was no summer school money for all student athletes. You had to get it done in the timeframe just like everyone else, and then just all there was to it. There wasn't the extra money. But that was again run fifty years ago, honestly forty eight years ago. So things have changed in the better now. If I let you go seven thirty six quick opinion, Anthony said, Kentucky went two or three next to year basketball before I get into football.
Speaker 1: Where do you put them? I'll take it always back.
Speaker 5: I want to see him play first.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's gonna be a totally different chemistry because it's a totally different team, but always very very very important to the I'm doing well. I mean I can't take I don't think you know I can take away more than sixteen points a game in that conference last year. And I don't think anybody's arguing that that conference wasn't really tough year.
Speaker 2: No, nobody's arguing that that's yeah, that's over though. That's what under the bridge.
Speaker 5: Here's thirty thirty six in a row. So I'm I mean, he's gonna be a factor as long as you call. And that's a nervous thing. Are they gonna stay healthy this year? You know, last year they fall the whole way almost, I mean they did.
Speaker 1: I like the roster though. I like their roster. I do what they've done.
Speaker 2: You know what, Jade and Quincy is the time I'm looking Jayden is a key If he plays early, they're really good against Quainton's excuse me, yes, Quaintance. We have to wait and see what happens with him in that rehabit of that knee.
Speaker 1: So roight, we gotta get to.
Speaker 5: Break, take care of all right, you guys, have a great.
Speaker 2: Day YouTube Anthony. We're gonna get to break at seven thirty eight. Take us away when we come back. We've got the guys. We've got a Terry Bradshaw. Y'all can love him or you can hate him. It's one of the two when it comes to Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 1: We all know.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna play a little audio. But Terry Bradshaw and his Pittsburgh Steelers four times, Bochamp, I don't care what anyone says. Twice back to back, seventy five, seventy six, discussing.
Speaker 1: The Aaron Rodgers saga.
Speaker 2: After the break, Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio seven. I got the great Anthony's on the other line. We got Shannon behind the glass. Shannon, please play, guys. Terry Bradshaw, in my opinion, sums it up best and he is a Pittsburgh Steeler, no question about it. Like I said, four time Super Bowl guys. Just listen to his opinion about Pittsburgh and their quarterback situation. Let it play, please, Shannon, Thank you, Shannon, appreciate that. Yes, I sent Shannon the wrong clip. He's alluding to what Terry says. So let me just tell you all, Anthony, what Terry said. Terry says, there's absolutely no way that they're going to bring Aaron Rodgers in here to be the future of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ter Bradshaw said that we all know that he was. He's a Hall of Famer, Terry said, without a doubt. But football has got a life expectancy that ends. You cannot turn back the clock. Sands of time, and he's not practicing, he says, so that's not even an option. He believes Terry Bradshaw that Pittsburgh's going to go into this season with Rudolph as their certain quarterback and try to live to see if they can get the manning or quarterbacks that are coming out this year. And he says that's just not an option. He says, Pittsburgh is supposed to play to win championship. So I'm with Terry, there's no way long term that you're looking at Aaron.
Speaker 1: Rodgers is not his time is pasting. It happened.
Speaker 2: Father time is father time. It's undisputed. Muhammad Ali went down. It's undisputed heavyweight. It just is Michael Jordan. Everybody it goes, it changes. So I have no idea what Pittsburgh's going to do. I know that their coach Mike Tomalin is the best, in my opinion, behind Andy Reid, Anthony, he's the best. I just don't know what they're trying to do right now with their quarterback situation. So anyway, let's get the break seven forty five.
Speaker 1: Anthony.
Speaker 2: When we come back, you're gonna talk a little bit about Charlie Woods to everyone is this EVE Sports Radio. We'll talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio. I like that and it's catchy. It's seven forty nine, ten minutes before punching that clock at eight o'clock. Get there, do a good day's work. That's all I can say. Anthony throwing it to you. Tell me about the Woods. What's going on with Charlie? Not Tiger, but Charlie.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Anthony? I guess we've lost it.
Speaker 3: You still hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't. We can't hear you know? What's going on with Charlie? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, Charlie Woods. Obviously he got his first AJGA tournament win cardon on a sixty six, So finally getting a good trophy under the books to start his young career as a guy that is only twenty eight years old. You know how excited I am because we have we get another hopefully. You know, we're not expecting the taker Woods type of dynasty run from the sun, but just seeing the Woods last name back out there competing in tournaments. It's hard wing to see because you know, I know, we went to Valhalla last year as PG Championship. That was the only time I've ever seen Tiger Woods play in person in my entire life, and probably the only time I ever will, and you know, getting to walk by him, just see how their demeanor goes about it. It's one of those things that it's hard to explain unless you're there. You can't explain the sensation seeing someone that you've watched on TV or in entire life. He's pretty much been our icon of golf, you know. Obviously being one of the only African American men and almost dominating the sport for such a long time is another segment that we can't even get into because you know, it's it's rare, you know, outside of tac Woods and maybe a handful of others. You know, African American golfers is slim on tour, and it's just a true fact. So when you see one that goes out there and does so well, and you know it's kept themselves in such a high standard and in such an icon in the sport, it's it's sad to see him go. It's it's not the same. It's almost like we you know, when Steph Curry and Lebron retires, just you know, it's I'm like I'm like, I don't even know who who my favorite player is anymore. I'm like, I don't know everybody know they.
Speaker 1: Go, well, Lebron goes. I'll be happy, but I will be sad to see Steph go. I really will.
Speaker 2: Steph is, guys, No matter what they want to say, that young man looks like you and I. If you were walking behind him, you would never say, that's Curry, the leading three point shooter, the craziest shooter ever in the NBA. It would never even cross your mind. It just would not. He has just changed the game and his stature is just Norman human Norman, normal human being. Lebron James is a freaking the guys. He was sixty nine two sixty in high school and I mean god gifted talent. Yes, and he's a tremendous player. Yes, not a fan of him, but yes, he is a tremendous player. He's a top five NBA player of all time, no question about that, leading score in the NBNBA. But as far as I can go, I will be sad if Curry leaves. But you're right to watch Tiger Woods. And that was my first time to watch him play. I saw him in practice Anthony, but that was the first time to see the first ball on the tenth tee at Valhallow, straight down the middle of He piped it three hundred and ten yards. The ball fell directly in front of you and I, guys, how could this be? We walk out of the press room last year's PGA, walked straight to the tenth fairway to say, Tiger's team off right before I flew out to go to Chicago, and the ball stops dead in front of his Anthony Tiger wall straight down the middle of the fairway to his ball. We're looking at each other, looking at Tiger. He's not fifteen yards max. Twenty yards away from us. Pictures are going off. Next thing we know, Anthony seems like he hits a great three wood or five wood. Anthony pulled it over the high stuff and it is a bogie in the hole from the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the fairway. I couldn't believe it. I got to the airport, they said, Tiger bogie ten. I'm like, when I left, he was dead in the middle of the fairway. But you're right, it was just nostalgia to watch him. And congratulations to Charlie Woods. That's a lot that's a lot of pressure Anthony that he has. Now. He loves golf, he wants to play, but you know that that's just a lot of pressure that young man's under trying to follow his father. It's all there is to it.
Speaker 2: And hopefully he can just carve his own niche and be happy with himself and what he can accomplish in the game of golf and not try to evaluate himself against his father and that legacy.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know. Jack's kids have tried to play, and Jack has a younger, he has relatives that are playing now. But you know, it's just really really hard.
Speaker 2: To say I'm gonna follow my dad and do anything of what he's done with fifteen majors.
Speaker 1: So but congratulations to Charlie Woods.
Speaker 2: Now awful news Anthony Baylor. Alex Foster, eighteen years old dies after shooting these are linemen multiple shots in Greenville, Mississippi. I'm just telling you, guys, I don't know the circumstance. I don't, but these kind of things always it seems I'm not jumping to a conclusion on the young man, but when you see these kind of things in this horrific the shootings ninety five percent of the time it's drug related issues. Not saying on this one, but I'm saying one thing. If you want to stay out of harm's way, stay away from drugs, period.
Speaker 1: Point blank. That's all.
Speaker 2: They're just I have no idea on this one, so people, yes, I'm jumping the gun. I have no idea. But guys, sh these kind of things most of the time arrived from around some kind of way of a substance or buying a substance. Most of the time we have to wait and see. On this one, I know there's a curfew. The mayor of Greenville's got a curfew, Anthony, trying to curtail the violence and the crime. Bottom line, though, most of the time Anthony and people and bullets are flying, it's about drug related business.
Speaker 1: So I just hate to hear about it.
Speaker 2: And the young man's family, they have no idea who at this time the assailant is.
Speaker 1: I hope they find him and catch him. But I'm just telling people, let me just give you a tip.
Speaker 2: Yes, violent crime happens all the time, and it could happen to me, could happen to you. But if you want to stay out of harm's way, stay away from the drug trade. That's all there is to it. That's all there is to it. So we have to wait and see what transpires. I hate it for Alex Falster. I mean eighteen years old, Anthony. I mean just think six five and ninety two pounds. Anthony didn't get a chance to even bud and live his life amazing. So that kind of takes us to this one, Anthony, mister Diggs Stefan, we all know the Viking to Bill a Texan. Now he's a patriot towards I want to say acl last year with the Texans early in the season, it's not at OTAs and they have him on a boat during Memorial Day with the substance some kind of that he took out and gave to three young ladies.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't know what the substance or what was in the envelope. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but I have an opinion, Anthony, anything we all do. I just it's sometimes could we just what do you think, Anthony? Could they be a little smarter, Could they be a little smarter? Could they stop filming everything? That would be and he wouldn't that be smart? I mean, it's just like Morant.
Speaker 1: And can't we just put the cameras up when there's issues like this? I mean, Anthony, it's like, my goodness. So we have to wait and see what happens with Diggs. Were they drug testing? Was that cocaine? We don't know. But again, Anthony, if I had to bet money, everyone knows whe I'm putting my money. I think I know it was in that little packet. I hope that I'm wrong. Anyway, we're done, Anthony, get to work and to get my truck together. People don't know I bought a tr X seven hundred and two horse power. When you're old, you have to have some fun. So tell Chuck Kine to get it together for me, and I can't wait to drive it. This is Esports Radio. I got Anthony Eves. You all have a lovely day. We love you. She had a great job, like always, talk to you tomorrow, God willing, Bye bye