Speaker 1: One of the things about being over fifty, it really starts to solidify where you spend your time and your energy. You really start to think about who you wanna spend your time with and how you wanna do it. You decide what you're gonna do with your time. When it comes to your jobs and work, you decide by these job's worth it anymore, Ain't not worth it anymore? Family, friends, yourself. You really start looking at everything. You look at your time differently. You're looking at people and how they treat you. Also phase a major factor in that I'm going through something right now. I'm going through a growth spurt and it's wonderful my business and it's going it's it's I'm it's one. It's wonderful. It's a g I'm blessed beyond belief. I'm going to a Brospert. In most areas of my business, I have very I have different divisions, different areas. For example, I have a music division, I have a book division, I have the audio drama division.
Speaker 2: I have I mean, let me try to map all these out.
Speaker 1: I have the podcasts just in general division, and I think I have separate divisions because I have like the Star Wars, Marvel stuff, the soap stuff, the hearty stuff, the self help stuff.
Speaker 2: I have different things.
Speaker 1: I my organizing life countries. I have radious stuff. So I'm learning. I'm just really choosing, especially what I'm going to put my energy into. I'm getting older. There are things aren't just as funny anymore than do So I'm sorry to scarybody who's a fan of this, of this, of this division of mine, because I really do appreciate the fan. The fans are fine. The fans are fine, and you guys show up. It's my soap division, and it's my current sub division, not the past. People choot out, choot out, show up for the for the old soaps I do after shows for, but it's for Bold and BEAUTIFU you.
Speaker 2: Unrest is in General Hospital.
Speaker 1: James feels like I don't want to become I don't want to become this complainer. And I feel like in recent last year or so, I've become a complainer a little bit. I mean I've been I call out stuff, but i feel like I'm just like now I'm just like talking about the same thing over and over and I hate doing that. So I'm going to stop doing that because it's like I'm just making decisions now so that it won't be the same thing over again. And I have a really big decision to make, you guys. So here's what I'm talking to with you guys. So here's deal. My soap division in terms of downloads and views does very well, So that's not it's a nice chunk of my business.
Speaker 2: It's not all of it.
Speaker 1: I've diversified so other chunks are good to you, but it is a chuck. It's the oldest chunk of my business, just about because I we been doing one show for nine years. Gh they get great numbers. Gh is the biggest out of three of gh Y and R and both and Beautiful Jas gets the most. And I can't seem to get guests. I've made contact with the PR person and they barely It's it's just the person seems a nice person, seems nice, always friendly to me, but.
Speaker 2: She's only got me one guest.
Speaker 1: He's been there, and I got another guest through Tony Moore. I'm not getting guests and for years I have not had that luxury. It's either the ones that come short of ones I call in favors who are not tied to their PR. That's the world. I can get people with their times a PR soh same with bold and beautiful, young and restless bold.
Speaker 2: I know that the PR person there's been.
Speaker 1: Having some health issues over the last year, so which I can relate to that. So the communication is sporadic. They got me up person a few months ago who was great, but it's been months and I just talked to him the other day and I'm like, wait, can't make this happen. I need guests also, they I was promised a walk on roll or a back and roll on the show twice on camera by one of the producers. That has never happened, and I said there day, I'm like, just wait for my roll. All I get is a heart and I'm like, I have not. I'm like, that'd be a dream. I will sit in.
Speaker 2: The back ben on a door on a doorway, I don't even care what it is.
Speaker 1: But also on why nor I love the prey of person there. He's a great guy always. But I'm seeing what's getting me is other outlets. I gave you all first and for as long as they want them for. I've seen I've watched some of the videos of the cause I don't. I don't view anybody's competition. We're all different, we all our things. But I'm around a long time and I feel like I don't get the same consideration as some of the others. And there's some guests that I want. I'm being offered them, two of them, and.
Speaker 2: So far each one separately. I think so like that.
Speaker 1: I regard a little town separately, but I've seen someone else that's got them first, and that person has come after me. I just feel like I'm just so so treated down the line, like I'm not serious or something I don't know. And I do good interviews and and none of my other shows that are outside of Sobs, I don't.
Speaker 2: Have that problem.
Speaker 1: I have people just waiting in line and be on my shows. We have great times and it's good interviews. And I said, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of complaining about this, So that's why I'm stopping. I'm saying it now to you guys. But that's what has been going on for me. The memories are dead now for me. I mean, that's clearly, that's just let's not happy anymore. I'm gonna apply next year and it sours me as an MV judge, I mean voter. I am really soured by it all and disillusioned. And I have been voting. Last couple of vote rounds. I was like, yeah, I'm like, I'm on the mood. So that's what I was counting on every year. And it's kind of like taking away from me and I don't know, I just don't. I'm I'm out loss on what it is. What else can I do to get these people to give me guests that I used to on a regular basis. I feel like it's just it's just for you guys out there. I watched the week we recapped the week that was in Born, Charles. You should also have someone who is part of that week. Let's talk st and find out how they felt about that scene or seeing do and so and so, or that they had the writing, or that should be happening every week or every other week or every every.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks. They should be happening regularly.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I've worked so hard with I'm learning people are.
Speaker 2: Something the younger sense telling me hard works mean anything anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very doesn't. It means something to me. Marie doesn't anymore. Maybe it's vere that that that's over and I'm just like, as I get older, have let time for this. That's patience and how No, it's just it's like the same old song and it's the minors, and I.
Speaker 2: Literally do not know what else I need to do.
Speaker 1: To get like, Okay, James, this is this is that should be also maysically happening next week. You should be eaters. You should talk to these two people and we're got to say, do an embargo whatever. Same with neighbors. I'm like, yeah, people leaving the show and even asking can I get somebody, and you guys just like, oh, we're just something. Later in September, I told I'm like, I have gotten any interviews.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I got some access.
Speaker 1: They seem really nice, but I'm like, again, I'm trying to promote your show in America.
Speaker 2: I don't. I've asked over and over. I don't. I'm trying not to. I'm trying to be polite and not over. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but there's one guy who's in England. It's gets everybody. I don't know how he's doing it. He's getting He's getting everyone. Yeah, he's good this show. It shows I forgot his name. I would I would actually would promote him.
Speaker 2: He's good. I'm like, I don't even understand. I don't even understand.
Speaker 1: I feel like in the soap world, I'm still a second class citizen.
Speaker 2: People know me, but they seem to like me. He smiles to my face.
Speaker 1: And then I still don't get treated the same as other people. I feel like it, and there isn't much. I don't think it's any much I can do. I think this point, nine ten years in the business, I'll here. There's nothing else I can do. I've showed you get good numbers. I showed him a great interviewer. I showed you be trusted. I literally do not know.
Speaker 2: What else.
Speaker 1: So I'm keeping so I don't know. I just I don't know. It just it's it's too much. But I'm but I'm thinking as a results all cause I'm making other decisions. And I said, I I want to scare you guys, but I might make some decisions. It might be not exactly everything done, but it might be I might be cutting down or cutting off. I'm just like, I why am I busting my hump.
Speaker 2: Every week.
Speaker 1: And not getting equal busting my you know back. It just it really really sucks when you know you've work very hard and you put in the work and you try to smile and play the game and you do everything they ask you to do and it still doesn't work out. No one's checking. I mean the soaps, I don't know. It's it's I I'm I I'm gon talk about now.
Speaker 2: I'm done talking about it. I did on the show. It's the last I'm gonna talk about it.
Speaker 1: The next time I'm gonna bring up the subject is if I make a huge decision, and I'm announcing the decision because I'm putting this to band now, I'm I'm going to talk to my divine creator and do some and just and do some number looking and calm down and just think about this and we'll see. Because being fifty plus, there are things I could have my Sundays back. I can watch the stumps leisurely if I want you again, I mean, I'm putting it's a lot of work to watch fifteen shows a week and then remember them all, organize it. You're your packaged show. I could do it. I love doing it, but it's a lot of work. So I'm really considering other options. It might be a reduced thing, it might be just do it once a month. I mean, I don't I don't know, So just stay tuned. Follow this of course with you play us, follow my show what because that's about things over there too, and then also follow JH and Bold and.
Speaker 2: Ye Harm many spots that I run. So's your media. Thank you for listening. I appreciate each and every one of you, and I'll talk to you next time.