Speaker 1: Hey's Trisha.
Speaker 2: We're taking the day off, but hope you enjoyed this from earlier this year.
Speaker 3: Friends. We like to keep you people informed. You need to learn some stuff every once in a while, and then some of the stuff comes from the world of science. I know a lot of you are going ooh, science.
Speaker 1: You need to learn something everyone in a while.
Speaker 3: All I do, you gotta keep them inform. You can't go through your life just as big dumm. You gotta have something to talk about at work, right right, big dummy, make yourself sound smart. So we do something we call weird science scie all right. In Scary Robot Science News, Thailand debuted the first real life robo cop. Oh it's a humanoid robot with three hundred and sixty degree cameras, facial recognition, and weapon detecting technology. Jeez, they even dressed him up in a uniform. He does not have a gun. Now, what I really like about this? There's things I like and do not like about this. What I really like about it weapon detecting technology.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do like that.
Speaker 3: Like that, Yeah, I really for obvious reasons. You see, I'll go ahead and say at school shooting, Yeah, I mean if you've got a robat that can detect someone approaching the school with a weapon.
Speaker 2: I'm all for that, right, and you got a lot of extra time to let people know, yes, you do so I like that. I'm going to save the thing that's going to ruin something.
Speaker 3: For you in just a minute. Thanks you, sir. All right, this is kind of interesting. A study found some people's brains are just wired to connect with music on a different level. If it makes you cry or gives you goose bumps, you are probably one of them. Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like your brain process, is it a little different than other people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they say it's fifty four percent genetics to other forty percent on how you was raised. So if you play an instrument or grew up listening to music with your family, you're likely more You're more likely to be one of those people that'll make you cry or give you goosebumps. Also, Tricia, most alligator attacks aren't the gator's fault. Okay, Yeah, I don't know how they determine this, but a study blame ninety six percent of them on humans being dumb. Now I believe that, and it reminds me of a statistic I read once, like, who the most likely person is to be bit by a rattlesnake? Would you like to know who it is? Yep?
Speaker 1: The people get in their pictures taken into blue bonnets.
Speaker 3: No, an adult male between twenty one and twenty five. That's intoxicated. Oh yeah, that's what messes with The rattlesnake will give you warning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm right here. Yeah, back it up.
Speaker 3: Mister exactly unless you want to get bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm gonna bite.
Speaker 3: You right now. Finally, Tricia Trisia loves a dolphin.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you're gonna ruin dolphins for me.
Speaker 3: You gonna ruin dolphins right because dolphins communicate by peen up in the air. No what, they roll over and they peel in the air.
Speaker 1: That's how they communicate. First of all, I think dolphins are a little bit more reserved and mild mannered and polite and smart than to just be pinging everywhere. I'm looking this up right now.
Speaker 3: I think that you give the dolphin way too much.
Speaker 1: I don't think I do. They're super smart. They're very family oriented. They they warn swimmers about sharks or bad things around them. Heck, they greeted the space shuttle when it came back down and splashed down recently. They're smart enough to know that that was a big deal.
Speaker 3: You know, it's always annoyed me about the dolphin. I'll tell you what. Pick up any can of tuna fish and it says dolphins safe. Well, what about the tuna.
Speaker 1: It's in the can now, we're just eating the tuna. Oh my god, it's it's called aerial urinations. Oh no, this is This makes me very sad.
Speaker 2: Male dolphins use air peing to communicate their social position or physical condition to other dolphins.
Speaker 3: Gross dolphins.
Speaker 1: You I don't want the dolphin to be gross.
Speaker 3: That's caroed don't care. She's Tricia might even Sandy More coming up on Austin's Ades station one o three point one. Hey, if you missed the Jamie and Sandy hour earlier this morning between seven and eight o'clock, here's a little bit of what you.
Speaker 1: Miss I've done the chunnel from London to Paris. It was kind of cool. It's not at all at the speeds that he's talking about, but I will let you know that I was incredibly uncomfortable and aware of the fact that I was.
Speaker 3: Underwater I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: I was also mad that the walls weren't see through so I could see the fish. I was kind of expecting that.
Speaker 3: To find out what that's all about. Stream the podcast version search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio apps one three.
Speaker 1: One Austin dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Sandy and we're taking the day off, so we hope you enjoyed this. From earlier this year, Tricia says, there's a hollywo romance with two people that you would never dream would get together.
Speaker 1: Never really never would have thought this.
Speaker 3: I bet people thought that about you and me, probably so. And we just celebrated seventeen years of marriage.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: On Saturday. Took her out for a fancy.
Speaker 1: Dinner, fancy sushi dinner. That was delicious.
Speaker 3: Right, we were there for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Because we ate so fast. We're all begla and now live from the left for whole Studios. Here's Christia Delicia all right, Sandy, one of the women that I would say, my opinion, one of the most beautiful women in the world British Royalty, not really a royal, but acting wise in the acting world in Britain. Top of the list has.
Speaker 2: Dated some incredibly popular uh celebrities in the past, some of the richest men in the world, and she is now hooking up with the achy breaky heart singer Billy ray Cyrus. Do you want to guess based on the description I gave you who it might be? You just told me know who he is hooking up with?
Speaker 3: The girl? The woman? Oh yeah, who is it?
Speaker 1: Elizabeth Hurley? Elizabeth Hurley and Billy ray Cyrus. What is happening right now?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you this about Elizabeth Hurley. She looks really good on TV. She ain't all that in person. I've been with her in person.
Speaker 1: When were you with Elizabeth her?
Speaker 3: I live in Dallas. What do you mean? I was at an event that she was at. I stood closer to her than you and I are right now. Really, yes, I promise you. She was smoking cigarettes like crazy.
Speaker 1: Really well on TV she looks amazingly.
Speaker 3: Ray Cyrus looks like an absolute idiot.
Speaker 2: I know he is gross to me. You know, he recently just went through a divorce. Who's married to somebody half his age and then they got in big fights on.
Speaker 1: Social media and divorce.
Speaker 2: I don't know all this weird stuff, but The two of them went an Instagram official on Sunday, posting a picture to social media of him kissing her, with her kissing him with a bunny ear on, and it just.
Speaker 1: Says Happy Easter. That was like their first displays a couple.
Speaker 3: You're not teenagers. You don't need to do that. You're grown ass adults, I know.
Speaker 1: And she's wearing jeans and a plaid shirt and a little straw hair straw cowboy hat, and he's gross. I don't know. I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: And there's nothing that you can ever tell me to make me to believe that her relationship with her lookalike son.
Speaker 1: Is not weird. Remember we did a story about him directing her in sex scenes in a movie, her son directing her. Oh, it's all very weird. I have a huge problem with all of this.
Speaker 3: You got a big problem with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not that I care care, but I have a huge problem with it, So maybe I care a little bit.
Speaker 3: Underneath this story with a story about carmenal Electra, that's not a name I've heard in a while.
Speaker 1: No, it's really really not.
Speaker 2: But remember when she was dating when Elizabeth Harley was dating Hugh Grant, is when he cheated on her with the prostitute where's her name?
Speaker 1: Brown?
Speaker 2: That I think is the first instance of a celebrity getting bust. Remember, he got busted by the police, he got arrested, and to get out in front of it. I think this is the first time a sublet celebrity has ever done it. He went on the Tonight Show to talk about it and who who everyone?
Speaker 3: What were you thinking? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: The story was over and.
Speaker 1: The way celebrities from that point on handle crazy things like this changed forever because of Hugh Grant.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's the story we love more coming up. In my defense, Tricia, I did say that I do do this until June the first, right right.
Speaker 1: The story might make you want to continue to do it through the year, though I don't.
Speaker 3: Think I will, But I will just let a woman by the name the Crimson Price share her story with you.
Speaker 4: I am graduating college completely debt free because of Taco Bell. If you work there, you can apply to get a scholarship. It was what's your name your GPA, and then all you had to do was create a two minute video talking about what you would do with the money. In total from working at Taco Bell, if you only had to work six months, I received forty thousand dollars just from you guys donating your change every time you go to order. Every time I'm in that Taco Bell drive through, I'm like, yes, I would like to rund up my change.
Speaker 3: Well, that makes me feel kind of bad, just half bad, just half bad, half bad, because I stopped. I do that until June first time. After June first, I do not round up anymore, and I do not donate extra to whatever charity it is of that place. I do it for six months, actually five months, and then I stop because it's too much.
Speaker 1: It's everybody's asking you every single place you go.
Speaker 3: What about the place, Tricia, that you saw that was mandatory tip? Remember you saw that.
Speaker 1: Mandatory Tipper? Was the story about they got a whining tax put on their bill?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, this was something you showed me that. It was three options and it was you know, tip mandatory and you had to tap one of the three out. It wasn't the wine. I remember the whining tap. Yeah, but this was something different where like you had to tip. Was it the when our daughter went to the movie theater? No, this was care you showed me on your phone. I just think that there's too much extra extra try to get your money. Yeah, going on right now. It's been going on for a few years. But now that everyone has got a iPad that they ring you up on and they just put the tip, you know, they ask you for the tip right there. It's like Phyllis's are asking for tips that never used to ask for tips.
Speaker 1: Right, but they're asking for tips based on doing nothing but ringing you up. Like A good example is a frozen yogurt place that we go to in our neighborhood. The girls literally stand at the register while you go in, you pick your yogurt, you do your toppings, and all you're doing is walking up and giving it to them to weigh and pay.
Speaker 2: And they on the iPad it's asking you for a ten, fifteen or twenty percent tip and they literally did nothing to help you.
Speaker 1: Right. Tips noes are really supposed to be for great service. They did nothing. They did nothing. I refuse to tip.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was my question. Do you tip at the frozen yogurt?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I did when I went in last week with one with our daughter because the girl working there just struck me as particularly sweet, particularly nice. She asked me if she could help me with something that I didn't need help with, so I gave her a tip.
Speaker 1: But no, I mean, if you have provided me with good service, I will tip you, but not just for me walking around in your establishment and coming up and handyg you something and you push some buttons on the register. I'm not going to tip you for that.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of like the salad place that we went to a couple of weeks ago, not tipping you.
Speaker 1: They made our salad though, but everyone they make their food.
Speaker 3: I mean I went through the line and told them what to put in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, now I do tip there, like I tip if I go to Chipotle. They've made it for me. Yeah yeah, but not in like a convenience store, right right, How do you have the the guts to put to put a tip section at a convenience store.
Speaker 3: I have not seen that you have.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I definitely have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're getting your overpriced hot dog or your slice of pizza. Store.
Speaker 2: Everybody's asking you for everything, and you just got it. You have to have a line somewhere, you know what the hooray for taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Taco Bell is doing it. At least we know now that what they're doing with that roundup tip money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got forty grand for college. Right, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: It's very good. What's your name, Tricia?
Speaker 3: I'm Sandy Moore, coming up on Austin's eighty station what O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot com rapid fire QNA. The lasers mean we are officially on the record. I've got three questions for Tricia. Okay, Tricia, what is the worst movie you have ever seen?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay.
Speaker 2: I got up and walked out of a movie theater when I saw the movie Natural Born Killers with Woody Harrelse, Witty Harrelson and I can't think of the girls name.
Speaker 1: I thought it was awful. I got up and walked out in that.
Speaker 2: And the only other time I've ever walked out of the movie was one of the Adams Family remakes.
Speaker 1: That was terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Only movie I ever walked out of was The Lord of the Rings. Yeah, I had no idea what was going were.
Speaker 1: You there with a girl? I can't imagine you voluntarily go to that.
Speaker 3: It was a work function. It was like a team building to go to the movies together, and.
Speaker 2: I left early, a team building thing where you go and you sit and don't speak to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Trisha, what color car would you never own? Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't think I would ever have a red car?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like red. I just I just don't like a red car. Okay, I mean I feel like it's very look at me, look at me. Maybe have you ever noticed when we go to Nebraska to see my family, there's a lot of red cars. No, I've never noticed that.
Speaker 3: Because of the corn Huskers. Go baby, there's a lot of red cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I would. I would.
Speaker 2: I've had silver, white, and black. I've had one blue car. My very first car ever, maybe this is what it was. My very first car ever was kind of a red maroon car.
Speaker 1: That no, that was gold. That was the first new car I ever bought.
Speaker 2: But it was this same car as my best friend's grandfather drove, just in a different color and that felt weird.
Speaker 1: Idea.
Speaker 3: Finally, Tricia, it is very well known that my favorite bear is Smokey Bear. Yep, who is your favorite bear?
Speaker 1: Fazzy Bear from the Bear Fazzy Bear from the Muppet Show. Remember he used to say wakaw waka waka. Yeah, Curi's best friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was a comedy bear, comedian bear.
Speaker 2: He was a comedy He drove those the Nash Rambler and he always had his little his little lou Grant hat on.
Speaker 1: I love Fazzy.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Kermit, I believe his commencement addressed is coming up soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Where was it Maryland? Yes, Jim Henson went to University of Maryland and Kermit the Frog will be doing the commencement there.
Speaker 2: It's not Kermit the Frog. It's Kermit the Frog. I yeah, I mean you have to really pronounce the the correctly. How do you say Kermit the frog? Kermit the Frog.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool. That's a great commencement for those students. They're going to remember who who gave him their commencements, Yes, they will.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Someone's going to be there, like, you know, it's gonna that didn't grow up here. It's gonna be like.
Speaker 1: What's up with the one where the frog talking to You mean?
Speaker 3: I spent all this money and worked this hard to get here and I got a puppet talking to the up it's not going to get it.
Speaker 1: Surely somebody will explain the backstory to him, hopefully, so that's rapid fire Q and A