Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started hour number three here on a Monday afternoon. As we, uh, we haven't wrapped up the week yet, the weekend, I should say, I mean we have, it's over. It's Monday. Everybody went back to work today. But when you got Monday Night Football, it kind of feels like, you know, we're still able to claim this. You know, the football weekend is here. You get Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, five straight days of football and I'll you know, well, let me see Thursday, five Saturdays on name. Yeah, it's it's great. So anyways, I am currently about to hit let me see what. Let me just make sure I give you the correct terminology here, because I've got my picks for underdog Fantasy for what I'm doing tonight in Monday Night Football, and I've got them ready and I'm I'm about to hit play, and by play that means I'm in. I'm ready to go. So here's what I'm doing for those that want to get involved, and I encourage you if you really like getting involved in player specific outcomes, right like higher or lower of a guy's passing yards touchdowns. I mean, you can really get creative. In fact, one of my four picks here for this matchup tonight is something I've never I've never wagered on before, but I'm going with Jalen Hurts higher than two hundred and twenty eight and a half passing yards, higher than seventy three and a half receiving yards for Devontae Smith. I'm going to go over thirty nine and a half receiving yards for Kyle Pitts, and I'm going lower than thirty four and a half yards for the longest completion for Kirk Cousins. So that's what I'm doing. If you tailed what we put together on Friday Underdog Fantasy with the Ravens and the Raiders, then you cashed in, so you know, congratulations. I know I was happy to see those winnings hit the account yesterday at Underdog Fantasy. So here we go. If all four of these things happen, which I think they will, I wouldn't have picked them, then that's an eighty two dollars victory. And what I love about the option here when it comes to putting your picks together and making your play on underdog fantasy, they give you a chance to flex it, meaning instead of doing you know, obviously I like a little more juice there, So I'm going to do the standard play, which means if all four hit, I get eighty two and if nothing. If one of the four doesn't hit, then I get nothing. But if you flex it for a ten dollars wager here, forty nine dollars and twenty cents is your payout if you flexed it and all four come in. But if just three come in, you still walk away with a little bit of profits. You're going to add twelve dollars and thirty cents. So again I'm going with the standard play. You can flex it, and it gives yourself a little bit of a little bit of a of a cushion there in case just only three of the four things end up happening. But boom, I'm in, and you guys, you know, do what you want. I mean, even if you think I'm terrible, you could, you could fade and you could go against whatever I'm what I'm gonna pick, But I wouldn't advise it because I've got some momentum here on the Underdog Fantasy app. So sign up right now using my code Nick seven ninety again Underdog Fantasy. Go to their website down on the app, sign up using the code Nick seven ninety, and they're gonna give you a hookup. That's that's what I mean to me. That's what it is. They're going to give you a free pick to use on your first Cash Champions entry. Plus they're gonna give you up to one hundred dollars in bonus cash when you deposit money yourself, So a free pick, and you can get you can get a thousand dollars in bonus cash just by making a deposit to the account there. And all you have to do is go to Underdog Fantasy and sign up using Nick seven ninety as the code, and you are good to go. Must be at least eighteen enough president of a state where Underdog Fantasy operates. Terms apply concern with your play, call win in her Gambler or visit NCP Gambling dot org. All right, so I'm excited as hell for Saturday. I mean, this is not a game. I think anybody circled on the calendar or the schedule here for Louisville football because Georgia Tech is not that much of them. I mean, they're not a marque opponent. They're better than I think most people probably thought they'd be considering they beat Florida State, but now, I mean, weeks later, that doesn't look like that impressive of a win. But it doesn't matter. They have a pulse, and I'm not sure Jacksonville State and Austin p did with respect because you know, those are not teams that are going to test you. So Louisville will have their first test on Saturday. And when I say that, I'm excited, and I'm emphasizing the word test, let me clarify what I mean. I'm excited because, hey, we've never had to wait this long to see Louisville play somebody we've heard of, and that excites me because I've been feeding for it. I've been jealous watching other teams at least get a chance to go out there and see where they stand, see how they stack up against peers in their conference, or teams they know that are really good of them had been able to do that, And to be fair, Georgia Tech's not really good. Lilves expected to win they're double digit favorites in this game, I think for good reason. But it's such a vast difference in what we've seen as far as competition in those first two opponents. So that has me excited, and that's why I keep mentioning test. But it's not as if they passed the test by covering the spread that means they're going to be great. I mean, that would be encouraging, but if they won technically, it would really just be them doing what they're supposed to do. So I think Louisville fans are justified and looking at this team and saying, no, we are legitimately a top twenty team, and we have an opportunity. We play to our potential and maybe a break goes our way here and there, maybe we find ourselves in the playoff. That's not delusion, that's not just, you know, a dream. I mean, it would be a dreamcome true fulfal was able to make the College Football Playoff. But what I'm getting at is, I think you've earned at least the belief that people have in you. AP voters still think you're a top twenty team. You're still being mentioned as a team that could potentially find yourself in the playoff. Now, most of that now has to do with conference standings and whatnot, because we all know when your league you're in. That wasn't the case previously. So what I'm getting at is like, I think Louisville's worthy of being ranked where they are. I think they're deserving to be favored, and it makes sense that they're favored by double digits against this Georgia Tech team. So I'm trying to find I guess the right way to state that. I'm again, I think you're justified and feeling great about your team given what you've seen, knowing who your coach is, knowing your personnel. But we can also acknowledge like none of it means anything until they actually play somebody where you feel like you're gonna get tested in any way, and Georgia Tech may not be the biggest test, but there's certainly a big step up from what Louisville had with Austin p and Jacksonville State. So coming off of BUYE, I would imagine they'll be ready to play Georgia Tech's coming off of a beatdown victory over VMI after they had to bounce back from their loss a couple of weeks ago to Syracuse three thirty kickoff. I'm excited for it, and I'm also excited for our coverage for you Saturday. Join us for the Louisville Football pregame Show, which will start at two thirty, one hour before kickoff. It's the louisll Football Pre Game Show presented by Pellow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky and Jefferson Animal Hospital. Again, we'll go live at two thirty for that, wrap it up as soon as the game kicks off at three thirty, and then right after the game, as soon as the clock hit zero, we go live right here on Sports Talk seven ninety for the Louisville Football postgame Show, presented by Alex R. White, Lawyer's Suit, Distracted driver dot Com. Not exactly sure what reaction we're gonna get. I mean, it really depends on the outcome, of course, that's how it works. But I would imagine it'll be a victory postgame show and maybe people will be carrying some vibes with them from ellen n Stadium right over there to the Highlands Festival Music Grounds. Now I get it right, John.
Speaker 3: Highland Festival Grounds.
Speaker 2: Highland Festival Grounds that's where the Bourbon and Beyond Music festival is, as well as Louder than Life, which will be here next week. It's just, you know, I don't know. When I see people showing the they got tickets for sale or you know, listing tickets for sale and they mentioned the venue, I'm like, what, what's that? And then I realized, oh, yeah, it's just the field that they now and it's a I think it's a good location for it, to be honest with you, like I've I've been to a music festival there once. In fact, I guess I went twice, considering our brief stop at Louder than Life last year, And I mean, it's it's you got plenty of space, you know.
Speaker 3: The only thing I've ever heard people really complain about is that there's no trees. There's really no shad unless you're inside of tent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be that'd be a bummer, especially if it's hot as you know what outside. But yeah, I mean, if that's the biggest complaint, I'd say, you know, that's a yeah, that's fine, yeah, because you know, I'm sure finding a place that has that much space where you can accommodate that many people and have many stages going on at the same time and not drowned each other out, Like you need a humongous area, and I'd say most areas available to you know, have a music festival of this size would not have a lot of trees. But anyways, I uh, I mean, I'll be there at least, you know, for the for a good chunk of the game, and then I'm I always have to leave early just because I've got postgame duties. But you know, I just there's so much talk about a potential traffic nightmare. I kind of feel like it's either gonna be one of two things, and nowhere in the middle and I could be way off here. I think it's either going to be exactly that, a huge nightmare, or it'll be fine. You'll have like a lot of staggering to where the majority of the people that are that are gonna be getting there for the festival are probably going to be going while you're at the game, and the majority of the folks that are going to the game are going to be arriving prior to the big crowd of those just there for the festival. That that's I guess the best case scenario. But you never know, right, you never You never know. And somebody's asked us on the text line. Two different people have asked the same question, and it's a legitimate question. I just you know, I have no way of knowing, Like, do you think Louisville will have less fans than they typically would there because of this festival because people will choose to go to that rather than go to the Louisville game. Yeah, I mean, I mean, you're competing with not only a huge event in our city, compet with one of the biggest music festivals in the world. It seems like, I mean, I don't I wouldn't be I'm not as well now I'm not knowledged. I don't have enough knowledge on the music festival scene to know if that's a real statement. But if you look at the lineup and you look at the amount of people that are going to be traveling from across the planet to be here, I mean, there's a lot of people in Louisville that probably go to every football game, but they see this lineup and they have access to tickets here in their hometown. They're thinking, Hey, I'm going on with the festival. Now it may work out to where the acts that you want to see don't actually perform at the time of the game. So look, I have no clue when it comes to the crowd, but I do think that that the and I don't even know the number. I intentionally didn't look for it. I don't know what the attendance was as far as the announced crowd at Austin p or Jacksonville State. But I know the Louisville fan base at least well enough to say this with confidence. When there's games against teams that, like, you know, we know, and you know you're coming off a ten win season, it's your first ACC game, it's against Georgia Tech that was just in the top twenty five a week ago. Like, I'm not telling you it's gonna be a sellout and you won't be able to find a seat and you won't be able to get in, but they'll I think they'll be a much better crowd and much better atmosphere there than what you saw the last two games. And that's not to say that the atmosphere and the crowd wasn't good, but the other two games, I don't know. But yeah, I mean, there's no doubt this festival is a big deal, and people who love Louisville football and love sports have probably made a decision, Hey, I'm gonna beat every game. But there's twelve of those games every year, six of them I can go to at home. This music festival, if it's you know, if they just love Zach Bryan or love I don't know who's another big name on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Day on Saturday, I believe, I mean, I wish I had to pull up in front of me earlier, but I do know my Morning Jackets on Sunday they're a local. There's Sunday, there's Sunday. I believe Beck might be on Saturday. I've got the whole. So one thing I don't like about the bourbon and beyond posters, that's just a massive like all of the names of one thing. They're not separated by day like the Louder than Life festival typically.
Speaker 2: Is like there's people that I've heard of on Saturday that I'm like, oh yeah, I like them pretty well. I wouldn't mind seeing them, Like I have no clue if they moved the needle to where like, uh, oh you better, you better make sure you get there at this time because this, this band's gonna go.
Speaker 3: So the top four acts on Saturday. Obviously, we know Zach Brian them, Whiskey Myers plays before them, Cody Jinks and Young the Giant.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Whiskey Myers. I feel like it's kind of a big deal, but nowhere to the level of Zach Bryan obviously, but yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Nico Moon's also on Saturday. I know he's a young country star, isn't he.
Speaker 2: Gosh, man, there are so many. I mean when I say so many, I don't mean that they're all like A listers, but man, it's a great lineup. I'm just looking at I'm going day by day here, and each day there's like Charles Wesley Godwin is there on Friday. I don't know how big he is, like mainstream, but like I really like him, and I know he has a big following. Dave Matthew's band on Friday is going to I mean that alone is a huge deal. I mean they have their own cult following. They do not I mean there, have you ever been to Dave Matthews show.
Speaker 3: I haven't, but I'd love to go to one if I happen to Snags and Passes for Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know people who don't like identify as like super fans.
Speaker 3: I have like a funny like nickname for their fan base, like Davies or something.
Speaker 2: They remind I feel like they're kind of like Parroheads, but I know they don't call them that. That's the people who would go to the Jimmy Buffett concerts. I don't know if the Dave Matthews super fans that go to many shows have a name for themselves like the parroedheads do. But I know people who don't like identify as super fans that have gone to a couple of shows that say like, you gotta go, like it's such a good time. So clearly they do. They do a pretty good job. Sunday. Tyler Childers me, my morning jacket. Sunday looks to be and maybe this is just the norm when it comes to music festivals, I'd say, outside of him, know what do I know? It's all it's all a matter of preference and who you really. You know, everybody's got their own taste and artists they do like and don't like. But Sunday seems to be the lightest day as far as big names other than Tyler Childers of course. And then Thursday's Sting. That's huge, right, I mean and Sting twenty wall.
Speaker 3: Flowers, Neil Young or whatever the guy's name is. Always get Neil Young and Vince Young or Vince Neil and the stuff, and they're two totally different people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody had backed out, and was it Sting that did replace him?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, no offense to the person who had to back out, whose name I'm also forgetting that you know, had some health issues. But like, I think we kind of upgraded, didn't we See we got the police, right, I mean, Sting's is a pretty big name. So again, good vibes here in Louisville as the Cards are set for their first conference matchup, a chance to you know, kind of see where they stand a test. I assume that they'll pass, but just knowing that it is going to be a much bigger test than the first two opponents, it's exciting to me. And we also have one of the biggest music festivals, you know, seemingly out there that's going to be in town, which is exciting. All right. If you're a Kentucky fan, are you excited about the rest of your season? I asked that sincerely because if I was you, which I can't put myself in your shoes because you know I'm not a Kentucky fan. But I think if I was a Kentucky fan that watched the last two weeks of my team, with the embarrassing, pathetic loss to South Carolina and and then you come out and give yourself a chance to beat the number one team in the country, Georgia, I'd be confused with how to feel and knowing what I should and having any idea of what to expect. You know, I I give them credit. Again, they didn't do anything for him. I'm sure me giving them credit doesn't make Saturday feel any better if you're a Kentucky fan. But I do want you to know I'm being sincere when I say it, because the atmosphere in Lexington on Friday or Saturday night looked insane and they played well. I mean, they came out they look to be as physical, as tough, as aggress I mean they were. Again, we all know that Georgia is the best team in the country. We all know that they're riding and insane streak of just beating the hell out of it or beating everybody, and then the only team that's beat him in the last couple of years is Alabama. Like Kirby Smart and Georgia, they are on top right now, and I feel like if they run through this season and win the whole thing, we'll actually look back at the playoff snub of last year and not talk about Florida State. We'll talk about how the hell did we live Georgie out. All they did was lose to Nick Saban and his last days the championship game, right Like, so we all know George is great, But I'm just saying if you could just, you know, use the whatever that thing is that Will Smith has and Men in Black where you can just like block out your memory. If you just watch those two teams play, knowing nothing about their expectation level this year, knowing the history of the programs, and you just watched what you saw between the lines, you would say that those are very comparable teams. And that's a credit to Mark Stoops for having his guys ready whenever the noise was as loud as it's ever been. As far as him maybe not being the guy that should be the coach their long term, nobody was saying he needs to be fired. At least I didn't hear that, and if anybody did, it was probably just getting caught up in the emotion that came with an embarrassing loss to South Carolina. But I'm telling you, last week, I feel like it was as down as I've heard their fan base about football and their coach. And yet he had them ready to play and they, you know, I don't know if I can say they should have won, but they clearly, you know, we're right there with a chance to, you know, to potentially pull off the biggest upset of the season thus far, and they didn't do that. And who knows, right, if he goes forward on fourth and eight, maybe they throw a pick six, Right, We'll never know. But fourth and eight, midfield, down one to Georgia, three minutes left on the clock. Your kicker's already got some momentum established. He probably just needs a first down to be in position to give, you know, to give him a go ahead field goal. And yet Stoops punted it away. And then when he did get the ball back, there was nine seconds left on the clock and he was on his own twenty five. It was not even having the Stones to take that chance essentially was choosing not to lose. But you'd have a hard time selling that you're trying to win with that with that mindset, and I know there's some that say, well, I mean, do you really think Kentucky would have been able to get it on fourth and eight? Do you really think that you know their defense that they shouldn't have trusted their defense to get a stop? Like all that's true, you have to consider all like best case scenario, worst case scenario for both for both sides here, what was the best case scenario for you by punning it away? That you would get the ball back, but you'd be further away, like if you got a three and out, they're punning it and you may not even get back to midfield where you were in the first place. And you've got them on the ropes. I mean, maybe try to maybe try to get them to jump off sides. Maybe heck, you could get bailed out by a pass interference call, just like the Bengals bailed the Chiefs out yesterday. So it's not like a crazy decision. But I would love to know anonymously, Like if you asked every coach if they're in that situation, and they are Kentucky and they know they're playing Georgia, because that matters to here. You know, you got nothing to lose, You're not supposed to win, You're not expected to win. You know that. More often than not, if they get the ball back, they're likely going to do what needs to be done to win the game, which is what they did. I'm just curious if other coaches, if coaches in college football, view the decision from Stoops the way that seemingly everybody else does. It Just to me seemed like a guy that was being as conservative as ever. And to go back to what I said earlier when we discussed his decision to punt it away and not go for it on fourth and eight, Stoops is known as a really conservative guy. People know that he gets completely aroused by winning games three to six. But if he did decide to go forward on fourth and eight in that scenario three minutes left down one did Georgia at midfield in the fourth quarter, it wouldn't have been like, oh my god, Mark Stoops, how about this? He let his hair down. This guy, he's a he got a divorce. Now he's out there living life like a wild son of a you know what going forward on. I don't know why I bring up a divorce, but like you know, he's a single man. It's a pretty well known thing in Lexington, you know, so I probably shouldn't have mentioned that, but like you know, I'm just trying to It would not have been viewed as like, Wow, this guy's really he's really, he's really changed his app roach. I think it would have been looked at as well, Yeah, you're down one. Did Georgia at midfield in the fourth quarter with three minutes left? Of course you're gonna go for it on fourth and eight, but he decided not to do that. All right, One thing before we move on from Kentucky and I, do you want to talk some more about the NFL on the other side here? Have you seen the play that was the pick six that got called back? I don't think I have. Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna send it to you because if I was a Louisville fan, I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt after a really tough loss. Meaning would I would I be would I be so sour grapes about a call to where I wouldn't just use my brain and realize that like that, there's no scenario that should have been a pick six because they had a receiver for Georgia who seemingly caught the ball and then went to the ground, and then the ball bounced up in the air and one of Kentucky's one of Kentucky's guys took it the other one and it was a pick six. On the field, it was called a touchdown. They reviewed it, and I mean, there's no scenario like this is one of two things because again you've got people saying I'm not saying they got the call wrong, but I know that if that was any other team they would have let that call stand. Why and how? I mean again, that's why I'm trying to like put myself in your shoes and say, Okay, maybe I would have sour grapes because losing in like losing a game like this in that fashion, knowing how big that play would have been at that stood, maybe I would have the mindset of, oh, they just they're out to get us. Because it's one of two things here. Either it's an incomplete pass because the ball hit the ground, which is what they ruled in, which is likely the correct call. I don't. I mean I thought that's what they would call, and that's what they did. Or the ground calls the fumble, which can't be a fumble. Therefore he's just down because the ball hit the ground like a like there's no scenario that would have counted in any way unless the reps didn't have the ability to go back and look at it, which they did, and it was again one to two. They had two options to essentially binge over and screw you. If you're Kentucky. The way you see it again, you're not getting screwed. It's the correct call. It's one of two things. Either it's the correct call, which is what they did after the fact, ruling that the ball hit the ground there for it's an incomplete pass. Or he caught it and the ball hit the ground, therefore it can't be The ground can't cause a fumble. So did you just see it for the first time?
Speaker 3: No, actually I had seen that before, but it is I see what you're talking about. I don't think if I was. And again, it's really tough to put yourself in the other team's position because obviously we don't have the emotional attachment to you.
Speaker 2: Because that's what it all is, is the gut punch of the emotional loss.
Speaker 3: But I do think, I mean, there's no way that this is actually a pick sick.
Speaker 2: And I'll give Matt credit on KSR. You know, he said, as much as I want to agree with all the fans like that was the right call, it just sucks to know that, Like, you know, maybe they like because I was watching two games this week and I can't think of which one it was in the NFL, but in college, heck, it might have been. It might have been that Georgia game when whenever they called roughing the passer on Georgia, which they shouldn't have. But like there are now times and I'm not complaining, but there have been a couple of questionable calls that you would just expect them to go review, and sure enough, they never do. And once the ball snapped the next play, you can't go back and look at it.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: Right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side, talk a little more about the NFL. We haven't completely wrapped up Week two yet, but we already got one quarterback who's been benched. The Bengals once again start zero to two, Niggay. There's something going on with Jamar Chase Man. I mean, I know he wants to be paid, but like he really cost his team in a major way yesterday. And something nobody's talking about, at least not that I'm hearing that I think is a really good story. And that's these dudes playing quarterback in the NFL that seemingly everybody wrote them off as if they were done, they were busts, and now they're thriving, and you know, I mean, I feel like that should get more attention. That's a good story, is it not? Stick around? It's coffee and company where feel But Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. I get why people claim Will Smith is one of the corniest like rappers to achieve some big time mainstream success. But like, I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't loving Will Smith when he was doing his damn thing in the nineties. Well, Will Smith had a had a great run in there in the nineties, Wild Wild West, you know, Men in Black. Yeah, super talented guy, and he's been in stuff recently. And I only know this because I was talking to somebody not that long ago. Is like other than him slapping Chris Rocket that Award show. Like, I don't really feel like he's been in anything, but he has. I just haven't. You know, in the days of streaming, and you know, you're not necessarily promoting something to box office as much. You know, the promotion that you see for movies that are exclusively on a Netflix or an Apple TV or a Hulu, because there's some really good movies that now just you know, maybe they do end up in theaters or you know, maybe they maybe they just go straight to the to the streaming. And when I say straight to streaming, I mean it's not an insult. It's just this is a production that that Netflix is, this is an exclusive, so they promote it within their own platform and then occasionally you'll see, like I guess, an ad or a commercial for it. But like when movies used to be really really hyped, it would be endless commercials meaning previews and stuff and like all and I'm sure they still do that to an extent. It's just you know, things have changed now.
Speaker 3: It's usually YouTube ads. I feel like we see the most, like movie trailers.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, and like I guess a way to view it. In a positive way. Is like I'll occasionally end up finding a movie on Apple TV or Netflix that has like a ton of really famous people in it, and I'm like, man, this is great. I didn't even know this movie existed, but man, this was awesome. Like I would have gone and seen this in theaters like this is how good it was. So something about you know, randomly finding something among the millions of things that you can seemingly find a watch on all the different streaming platforms out there. When you find one like unexpectedly, that's great. It's it's awesome. So anyway, shout out to Will Smith, and shout out to John the company man who's been able to come through for us throughout the show. Here we've been asking. I've asked him give me songs throughout the show that have something about a test being tested in some form or fashion, because you know, Lowell is going to be tested for the first time on Saturday, and I can't wait to see what happens, not because like I need them to prove something to me. I still think they're good. I think they could play not a great game and still win because I think they're better than Georgia Tech but you know it's a big difference. Then it's a big difference in a big step up from Jacksonville State and Austin p And unfortunately that actually says more about those two teams than it does Georgia Tech. And for being honest, right, it's coffee and company. We are feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. So the big news thus far in the NFL in the early season, I mean, I think the fact that he's a number one overall pick and he's now been benched after two games, I'd say the Panthers benching Bryce Young is the biggest story thus far in the NFL season. But it kind of feels like, as I say it, I'm not really sure I believe what's coming out of my mouth because we're talking about the Panthers and like they're not relevant enough to where I feel like anything they would do can be viewed as a big time, you know, surprise, like a big piece of news, although it is. I mean, you're talking about a guy who was the number one pick in the draft last year and has now just what let's see here, he's eighteen games into his career, eighteen starts. He's now been he's been benched, and good luck you know, to uh, good luck to his coach who I'm not even sure who the coach of the Panthers is. Nobody believes you, bro, Like you said yesterday after the game that you were quite sure and confident and he really wasn't even a debate. You said, no, he's our quarterback, he's our guy, and you know, and now the next day you're saying you're going with Andy Dalton. I mean, what I'm getting at is he was clearly influenced to make that change, and it's unfortunate for Bryce Young and if he wants to, you know, he wants to consider this motivation and embrace it, right, say, Okay, Yeah, I got to sit back and learn and watch and really put myself in a better position to where when I do get another opportunity, If I get another opportunity, I'm more prepared because I've not been getting the job done. Know what that said. I don't watch enough of the Panthers to know if this is more of a hymn issue or more of just the organization. I'd send to think it's more of an organization thing, because you know, we're talking about the Panthers here, but I feel like for a good stretch there, if you were a first round pick at quarterback and you failed with your first team, and usually the determination of pass and fail isn't available this early on. This guy started eighteen games and he's in his second season and he's already been benched by the Panthers, So you know, maybe he ends up getting an opportunity if Andy Dalton sucks, they just decide to go back to him. I don't know, but I think seeing what's happening with Baker Mayfield, who has really resurrected his career and looks like not one of the best quarterbacks in the league, but I mean he ended up winning a playoff game with the Buccaneers, took advantage of that opportunity, and they look like a team that this year could be pretty damn good. And if they are, it won't be because they've got the best quarterback in the league. But this is a guy who is just a gamer. And I always got a lot of heat when I talked about this because I Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield were competing for that Heisman Trophy in twenty seventeen and no matter what, if Baker Mayfield didn't exist, Lamar wasn't going to win it back to back. They're never They just I don't think it's possible, honestly, for somebody to win the Heisman Trophy twice. I just don't. But anyways, Baker kind of an easy guy to dislike. You know, he did some stuff at Oklahoma that wasn't crazy, but obviously you know, got arrested, ran from the cops. Plays with a lot of confidence swagger. Therefore, I think a lot of people think he's a jerk, and maybe he is a jerk, but I'm telling you, man, this guy's story I've always admired it because I've never seen somebody have this many sort of layers to their story and their career where they bet on themselves and it worked out. They had the internal belief that I think a lot of people wouldn't have, and he does and it's shown. I mean, this is a guy out of high school, goes to Texas Tech where Cliff Kingsbury's the coach, and he walks on. It's a walk on at Texas Tech, and he ended up being their starting quarterback. He's, to my knowledge. He is still the only true freshman walk on quarterback to start for a power for power five program, and he did pretty good there at Texas Tech. Right, it looked like, hey, they really lucked out. This kid walked on. Let's put him on scholarship. He's going to be our guy. Well because he wasn't you know, I guess that flashy. He's not that big, good player, but doesn't you know it didn't have a doesn't have the strongest arm, not the best athlete. You know, I think Cliff Kingsbury wanted a guy that he felt like was more of a Kyler Murray who he coached at at Oklahoma, or maybe even a who else did he have? I feel like there's another quarterback that Kingsbury coached, Oh, Patrick Mahomes was there with him at Texas Tech. So you know, because of all that, I think, you know, he just decided, well, no, we'll keep Baker, but you know, he's not the starter. He's gonna have to act like we're gonna have a new competition, which really isn't a crazy thing for a coach to say, but Baker, you know, felt some type of way about that because he felt like, hey, I've shown I should be our starting quarterback. So what does he do? He leaves Texas Tech, he goes and walks on at Oklahoma, where they don't have an open job. They have Trevor Knight, who was coming off a season where he led Oklahoma to a Sugar Bowl victory against Alabama and Nick Saban Baker. Mayfield walks on there and says, no, I'll win the job, tells Bob stops, Now, I know, I get it. You got a guy you know, have a scholarship. I'll walk on. And he wins the job and puts together a phenomenal crew at Oklahoma, goes to the playoff what twice? When's a Heisman Trophy in twenty seventeen. Then he becomes the first overall pick with the Browns, and they bailed on him too early. I think they listened to a diva wide receiver, Odell Buckham Junior, who wanted to make it out that Baker was the problem. And diva wide receivers have been getting their way for a long time. But I'm curious if what will eventually see a scenario to where you know good For example, you think Josh Allen misses Stefon Diggs. Hell, no, he didn't have to worry about a receiver pouting about his targets. He can just go out there and play and utilized the weapons he has and they're gonna be fine. So anyways, Cleveland gives up on him, and this is where I mean again, I don't know if they're gonna make a movie about Baker's life his career, but I feel like it's at this point. If he ended his career tomorrow and retired, it's a story that I think would make for a good movie because after the Browns, you know, let him go, he ends up with the with the Rams, and to get snabs, he did, like Scout Mock defensive back for the Rams at one point where he's just out there kind of like taking up space in practice because he clearly is not on the depth chart and a guy that they're gonna, you know that they want to play quarterback unless they have to. So he got a chance when Stafford got hurt, but like the Rams didn't didn't see value in him, and by the way the Rams took him after Baker, Mayfield ended up being traded to the Panthers and they gave up on him. So this is a guy who is a number one overall pick ends up going to two other teams that both decided, yeah, we don't need him, we don't want him, He's not worthy of being our quarterback. That's the Panthers in the Rams, and now the Buccaneers give him a chance. He goes down there, wins the job and takes him to the playoffs, wins a playoff game last year, and now he's in position to, you know, probably go back to the playoffs if they can take care of business. So, you know, I just I can't say like I'm a big Baker fan, but I'm a fan of his story, and I love a guy who will bet on himself. And you can just tell when he plays, when he leads that huddle, that guy's got a lot of belief in his abilities. And sometimes I think that can be expressed with arrogance. And maybe that was how it came off to a lot of people during his earlier years, because I get it, he seemed like a pretty easy guy to dislike. But I still think his story is really really respectable. But he's not the only guy. I mean, look at Sam Darnold doing the damn thing with the Vikings. I mean they're not great, but like he doesn't look like he's a problem for them. I mean Geno Smith last year, what a story for him getting a chance with the Seahawks, and you know, clearly he's a guy that you can win with. Now, these guys aren't in that top tier quarterbacks, right, They're not up there with the Mahomes and the Allen and the Lamar. But you can win with these guys. And there's a lot of guys that get started. There's guys every Sunday that are going to start at quarterback that you know deep down you might win here and there, but like you're not winning because of them. So I don't know. I just think it's cool. And then, by the way, how about this Anthers have benched their first overall pick after two games into his second season, and they had Sam Darnold in Baker Mayfield on the same team just two years ago. Think about that, Well, let those guys walk, and now they're going with Andy Dalton because the guy they invested in they don't think is good enough to play right now. And since those guys left their previous spots, like since Baker left Carolina and Donald left Carolina forty six touchdowns and fourteen interceptions for those two guys. Not to mention, Cleveland gave all that money to DeShawn when they moved on from Baker and look at that mess. All right, let's get to our last break. We'll come back on the other side. Wrap this thing up. It's Coffee and Company. We are feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. We were wrapping up a Monday edition of Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us. Don't forget if you've missed anything on the show, you can always go back and listen to the podcast. Would encourage you guys to do that, you know, unless you've listened all the way through, and then you don't have to. I mean, maybe you want to listen to it live, then listen to the show on podcasts. That would make you a big time fan of the show, which you know. If that's the case, then you know, then thank you. I'm a big time fan of the Jefferson Animal Hospital and you should be too, if you're not already, because they have been serving the Louisville community for a long time. In fact, forty four years they've been open on outer Loop taking care of pets, saving lives. They do it every day and nobody prepares for an emergency. That's why it's an emergency. But if you ever do have an emergency with your pet, just know you can rely on them. They're open twenty four hours a day. They got a doctor on site, including holidays, Christmas, any day, any night, any shift. Jefferson Animal Hospitals dedicated doctors and staff have you and your pets covered in the case of an emergency. So you know, if you don't have an emergency, you should still keep them in mind, right, you need to get your pets checked out and have them get looked at, just to keep them, you know, keep them healthy. So you can schedule an appointment anytime, any day, any night, just walk right in, or you can give them a call five O two nine hundred pets or visit Jefferson Vets dot com. Again, they help save lives every day. Jefferson Animal Hospital and Regional Emergency Center right there on outer Loop. All right, So again tonight Monday night football. It's kind of bittersweet, right, because then we got to wait, you know, two old days without football. I mean, it's actually kind of nice to say that out loud because you realize, like, we're it's here, baby, We got a football seasons here in life for me is just better when football's going on. So tonight, Titans and not Titans, I'm sorry, the Eagles and the Falcons. Hopefully it's a good game, and hopefully you guys will be back tomorrow to join us right here at three o'clock on Sports Talk seven night. You have a good one.