Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Donnie Peters.
Speaker 1: It is Thursday, June twenty fifth, twelve forty two.
Speaker 2: Am.
Speaker 1: Did my best this evening to wait until the events finish. One or two of them aren't done, but we're not going to hit on those events anyway because they're still early, so whatever. But that said, a lot of stuff been happening at the World Series of Poker. First up the headliner. We have a winner in the Milli Maker. It is Joseph Liberta.
Speaker 2: Not to be.
Speaker 1: Confused with Justin Liberto, because I know some people out there, Producer Rich maybe maybe have confuse those two in the past. But Joseph Liberta winning the Millionaire Maker for one point two five million dollars. Josh Reichard finally got WSFP gold. He won the twenty five hundred dollars no limit. We can touch on the final fourteen players of an awesome field remaining in the twenty five k half and half. We got a winner in the one kplo. We got a winner to catch up on in the fifteen hundred dollars Juices even triple draw. We got a winner in the five hundred dollars. Salute to warriors. Taking a look around elsewhere, Mystery Millions looks like it's off to a good start. I'll touch on that. I do want to go off property as well from the WSP and touch on this ten K Summer Championship that's taking place over at the Win because we have some some numbers there, so I want to take a look at on that as well. As always, please do your part out there to help the show grow. Share us on social media, give us a five star rating, give us a review. All that good stuff. It really really really does help us grow. Don't forget to get your questions, your takes, your comments, whatever they may be in via email to podcast at PokerGO dot com. We might read them on air.
Speaker 2: It's a high likelihood we'll read them on air. In the very least.
Speaker 1: I'll try and shout you guys out as that stuff comes in. If you're looking to play some free online poker, make sure you guys check out play poker Go. Just visit playpokerg dot com slash podcast because going to that special url will get you one hundred thousand gold to kick off your banker. So that's one hundred thousand gold bonus. If you go to play poker go dot com slash podcast that's where you got to go claim that free bonus. Start playing today. No game on no future THEMESIT and goes are available. They got high stakes poker, themering game tables, they got tournaments. They got a free roll that happens every hour on the half hour on playpokerg dot com. So check that out. It's available on web, iOS and Android. And for those of you who are looking to improve your PLO game, I highly encourage you guys check out PLO Mastermind. Now through July fourteenth. You can save twenty percent on six month memberships and all courses. Just head over to plomastermind dot com slash poker Go and then select the option that is right for you, so you can either get a six month membership or you can purchase one of their courses. Whatever you do, you can get twenty percent off now through July fourteenth. Start learning from some of the best PLO players in the world so that you don't have to be guessing when you are at the table. Once again, that link is plomastermind dot com, slash poker Go in the WSP millionaire maker that wrapped up on Wednesday, Joseph Liberta. He came into the final table third in chips. He ends up coming out on top, topping a field of almost twelve thousand entries eleven seven hundred and sixty nine entries to be exact, Liberta winning a career best one point two five million dollars, his first bracelet. He's a longtime pro player out of New Jersey. He's got live cash. Is that day back to two thoy and eleven If I'm looking at his hand him up profile correctly, this is also his first seven figure score. It's by far the largest score of his career. He got kind of, I mean, not really a slow start to the final table, but didn't really get active in terms of knocking anyone out. It wasn't until Joseph Bagdad Leon I believe I'm saying that correctly busted in fifth place. But Bradley Gafford was the one that left Bagdad Leon short and then Liberta ended up finishing him off. Bagdodd leyon finished in fifth place for four hundred ten thousand dollars. He was at my Day two table. We battled in some hands. I doubled up through him at one point. He ends up going on to win more than four hundred thousand dollars, so great run from Joseph magdod leyon there After he was busted by Roberta Liberto, then busted Halford Fairchild in fourth place. It was pocket nines for Roberta, besting the ace Queen suited for Fairchild. Then he took out Roberto did he took out Gafford in third place. Gafford with another deep run in a big WSP event. He won the WAP Mini Vaine.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: He actually beat Josh Reiker, who we're going to talk about in a second, but Gafford busting in third place. They got the money in well. Gafford jammed on the river of a Jack ten to three King eight board. Gafford believe it was check Ray's flop in I think blind versus blind if I remember correctly, but he check raised flop with King ten turn as a king he bet got called river was an eight. Jammed got Liberta had Queen nine flopped open ended, turned the King high straight and then was able to pick off Gafford, who was likely going for value in that spots with the King ten, but just ran into it there. That said, seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars score for Bradley Gafford. Have played with him a bit around town. Might not be playing with him anymore if he's you know, out there winning three quarters of a million dollars. But a good player, very aggressive, can certainly find some very interesting lines in hands, and he's a he's a chore to have at the table. So another big run here for Bradley Gafford. Then it was heads up against Michael Monroy. It ended up kind of a bit of a back and forth, a little bit of a battle here, but ultimately Liberto was just able to grind down Monroy. Monroy got in his last i think five or six big blinds with with ten eight priced in. Was Liberta or at least you know, Monrog was short enough that he called eight to five. Leberta flopped five deuce turn was I think a queen to leave Monroy drawing dead.
Speaker 2: And that was that.
Speaker 1: Now Monrok did score a million dollars for second place. This is the WSP millionaire maker. They did crowned two millionaire makers. So Liberta on top one point twenty five million, Monroyga second one million, Bradley Gafford third, seven hundred and fifty k, Fairchild in fourth, five hundred and thirty K. I mentioned Baghdad leon In fifth place or four hundred and ten thousand, Alex Kim three hundred and fifteen thousand for him sixth place. Alex Kim a friend of mine. He was at the Poker COO Strategy Seminar a couple of years ago that was held with US and had coaches Andrew Marino and Andrew Liechtenberger there. Alex Kim made the Millionaire Maker final table in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I believe I.
Speaker 1: Did commentary on that. I think with Remco eighth place in that one for one hundred and seventy four one thousand dollars, and then here makes the final table of this tournament again does a little bit better and takes home three hundred and fifteen k. Jacob Gagnuan seventh place for two forty five, Gary Gervich one hundred ninety K for eighth place, Yifu he one hundred and fifty k for ninth place.
Speaker 2: Yfu.
Speaker 1: We see, we see in the studio quite a bit plays a lot of our PGT events for the no limit stuff, so a good score for him. There one hundred and fifty thousand over into another big field no limit holding tournament, the twenty five hundred dollars Buying No Limit Event. Josh Reichard doing the damn thing, his first gold bracelet five hundred and fifty five thousand dollars going his way. He topped the field of one thousand, seven hundred and thirty six entries. He passes seven million dollars in live tournament earnings. He has now this w S a pre bracelet to go along with a WPT title. He's got two basically circuit main event titles. He's got two MSPT titles. I believe he has a Heartland Poker Tour rip, Heartland Poker Tour, a Heartland Poker Tour title as well. You know, Josh is one of those players who he's a good friend of a good friend of mine Modo Wara. Josh is one of the nicest, one of the best tournament players when it comes to like these live mid stakes tournaments. He also had a final table, did Josh earlier in the ten K Mystery Boundy. I believe because Alex Foxen won the Super Turber of Bound Me. Anyway, Josh just freaking crushes if it's got a buy in between let's say one K and five K. Josh is absolutely one of the best in the world at these tournaments, you know, yeah, of course, you know things. He's had some success in some higher buying stuff as well.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: You know, I think he's won a couple of ten k's here and there. He's gone deep, and I think the main event, et cetera, like he's done well, you know, But the bread and butter, I would say for Josh Reichard is the one K to five K price point, and he just absolutely nukes people in those fields. I don't know how he does it, to be honest. I mean, it's just it's simply incredible.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I look at someone like him, I look at someone like an Andrew Moreno, and I'm just like these guys just in these specific big field tournaments around this price point, they just absolutely crushed the competition. Reikard beat Caleb Harris in second place, Harris taking home three hundred and seventy thousand dollars. We had a PGT regular Miles Moulay at the final table. He took fifth place for one hundred and forty five K. Let's take a break from discussing the winners here for a second as we check out the twenty five K nolam at HoldEm Slash Potlam and Omaha Half and Half tournament. There are fourteen players remaining. Believe they had a field of up over two hundred. Yeah, two hundred and fourteen players or two hundred and fourteen entries total in this one got a pretty good number after it got a pretty low number, or at least it started with a pretty low number.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was getting some screenshots of the tournament clock that were showing one entry, then six entries, then seven entries, and it was like, well, what the heck's going on?
Speaker 2: Is this thing?
Speaker 1: This thing actually gonna get getting the entries. But it ended up getting up there, so you know, it did. It did pretty well overall. I'm just pulling up the number from last year. Last year was two forty five and that was won by lou Garza, and he's still in the field. He's actually second in chips here with fourteen players or maining, So lou Gars are looking to go back to back in this half and half tournament. It is interesting that, you know, it started so slow for the entries, but it ultimately got up over two hundred, so not too far off the pace that was set last year, kind of in line with how the these twenty five k and then you know, bigger buying events have been going during the twenty twenty six World Series of vo where we outlined a lot of the numbers on the last episode of the podcast. So if you guys missed that one, I would encourage you to go back and check it out. Also, if you guys want, I would highly encourage you guys to go over and check out. On substack, it's called The Overlay. It's written by my friend and longtime colleague, you know, longtime fellow media member within the industry, Lance Bradley. He wrote about the numbers. Coincidentally, him and I have been kind of exchanging some text messages about some of the numbers stuff and our spreadsheets and whatnot, but we really hadn't talked about you know, like, hey, I'm going to do this on this date and he's going to do this on that date. But it just so happens that the day when we released on this podcast feed. My episode talking about the WASV numbers is the same day when he released his piece on his substack called the Overlay about the numbers. Just honestly total coincidence. It was pretty funny. Lance and I came to pretty similar conclusions overall with things, and you know, I know, we exchanged some messages back and forth that that we were doing this, but we never really talked about our findings and what the conclusions that we were coming to. So I think it just gives some credence or some weight to those findings, given that he and I both found very similar things, but you know, not really discussing it and coming at it from two different angles.
Speaker 2: So once again, go check that out.
Speaker 1: Lance does great work over on his substack.
Speaker 2: Again, it's called the Overlay.
Speaker 1: Just look for it, Google it, whatever you gotta do. But back to this this twenty five K half and a half, we got Yoha Helpi. The finished legend is leading the way with fourteen players remaining one million, one hundred and seventy two thousand dollars up top. The final fourteen players have sixty one thousand dollars locked up. You got lou Garza sitting in second place. He is the ending champion of this event, looking to go back to back. Sweet Loue Baby. Elis Parsonen is also in. He won a bracelet earlier this summer twenty five k PLO for him was that bracelet. He's now going strong in this one. Sean Winter is still in Shawn Winter still looking for his first bracelet. Maybe this is the one for mister Winter. Maybe Dylan Wiseman's in there, Dylan Lindy's in there, And then I think, you guys know this guy who's sitting in fourteenth place, the shortest acrimating Daniel Nagrane. He's still in. He's fourteen out of fourteen. He does have some work to do, but Daniel can spin it with the best of him, and he's going to look to do that.
Speaker 2: On Thursday.
Speaker 1: In the one k PLO, a tournament that attracted more than thirty seven hundred entries, Harry Rubin bests the field to win three hundred and ninety thousand dollars a first bracelet. Four hair Rubin he's a Connecticut player. He is making his eighth World Series of Poker Cash. Most of them are kind of some smaller scores, but he did have a fourth place finish and a one K freeze out back in twenty twenty two for one hundred and thirteen one thousand dollars. This event. You know, you might think, wow, one KPOLO got more than the thirty seven hundred entries, it did have three starting flights. But I think that's great. You know, I think we need some of these. I talked about it on the On the Numbers episode. GOLO has gotten so big and it's so popular now there is clearly a demand for it. So similar to how you have these big multi flight Nolam Holden tournaments, I think you can start doing much more of that for the PLO stuff on the lower to mid stakes end. I mean you could even do things like, I don't know, could you have a PLO Monster Stack, Could you have a PLO Milli Maker.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think you could.
Speaker 1: I threw out some crazy ideas on the last one. I'll throw out some crazy more here. But you know, I poos here and I think the w SIP should start looking at some.
Speaker 2: Of those those.
Speaker 1: More gimmicky ar at least headlining name brand events and do that with PLO. But Harry Rubin here topping this one kplo more than thirty seven hundred entries, getting a huge score of three hundred and ninety K for him. Michelle Chin, she won the fifteen hundred dollars Duce to seven Triple Draw top in a field of six hundred and fifty seven entries to win one hundred and sixty one thousand dollars her first bracelet. She's the first woman, or she was the first woman to ever win a w SP circuit main event. I read that in the Poker News recap that was back in twenty fifteen. She won the circuit main event that was held at Council Bluffs in Iowa. She's the second woman this summer to win an open bracelet event. The first was, of course, Kristin Foxen when she won the twenty five K high Roller earlier this summer, beat Daniel Strelitz in heads up placed. Chin took one hundred and sixty one K Straylt's one hundred and seven k for him. You get Nick Papio at this final table, Sean Troja at this final table as well. In heads up play here, Straylt's actually began with the chip lead. He was up about one point five to one over Chin. He stretched that out to it looked like about five or six to one. He had Chin on the ropes. And then she ends up getting all in. She makes an eighty six to beat Straylitz's eighty seven. That gave her a double up, but she still had work to do from there, of course, And actually Straylt's kind of opened his lead back up once again. But then all of a sudden, it's like they went on this break, they come back. She starts charging hard. You know, this is in the three hundred thousand and six hundred level. She works her way into the chip lead and then next thing you know, she's got Straylett's on the ropes. They get all in. She's got an eight seven five I think it was four to three or maybe four deuce. Treil Ta has an eight seven four to two draw. He ends up pulling two threes, making a pair of threes, and that's all she wrote for Straylas. He finishes in second place and Michelle Chin coming out on top. We also had a winner in the five hundred dollars Salute to Warriors event. Prashant Notaraj takes this one down four thousand four hundred and seventy eight entries in the field for this five hundred dollars by an event notarage, taking home two hundred and eight thousand dollars his first bracelet. His previous best score. His previous best live score was forty two thousand dollars. That's his only previous five figure score, So he crushes that he gets his first bracelet.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 1: He did have a handful of previous so op cashes, but no final table is certainly nothing like this win. His previous best WSOP score was for forty nine hundred dollars. He taught Lawrence Essek in heads up Play. You had Lexi Gavin Mather, a popular vlogger, popular player. She's been around for quite some time. She finished in seventh place for thirty three thousand dollars. This event, it's called the Salute to Warriors because part of the prize pool is donated to the United Service Organizations the USO in support of military veterans. There was nearly a one hundred and eighty thousand dollars raised for that cause to go to those veterans. So that's a really cool thing that the WSP always does every single year, and this event always draws very very well. Congratulations to for Shant not Aaje on his first placelet and the two hundred thousand dollars plus score in the tournament that everyone has been clamoring for them to stream, but they have not really streamed.
Speaker 2: Much of it.
Speaker 1: The fifty k PPC they are down to six players from the field of one hundred and eight entries. The chip leader entering the final day of play is Benny in Glauser. He has a fairly healthy lead over the field. He's got eight point six million. Next closest, well, there's there's a few players. You have Max Coleman, you have Phil Ivy, you have josh Aiy and Christopher Tong all between five million and five point five million, and then you have Paul Volby rounding out the pack with two point seven million. This tournament is always an absolutely jam packed, star studded field, and it was once again this year simply an incredible tournament. One point three four million dollars up top. You had a nice up well, I shouldn't say nice because it's not like the biggest uptick, but it is nice to see an uptick in the field size. This year one hundred and eight entries. It was one hundred and seven entries. Last year it had back to back years when it was going down. Twenty twenty two it was one hundred and twelve entries, then twenty twenty three it was ninety nine, twenty twenty four was eighty nine, and then twenty twenty five it kicked up to one oh seven, and then here it went up again to one oh eight. The final six players are guaranteed two hundred and twenty six thousand dollars. They're going to come back on Thursday. The plan is, per Jeff Platt on social media, per everything that I've heard at the WSP is that they are streaming this final table. So for everyone out there who wants to watch mixed games, who has wanted to watch mixed games all summer, now is your chance. Be sure to tune in to the coverage you had. Jason Mercier busted out in seventh place. Nick Waghenti fell in eighth place, Alex Livingston busted ninth, Jesse lonis tenth. There's not too many payouts. Overall, only seventeen spots got paid, So I'll just run through all the rest of them too, Chris Unikin eleventh, Chris Brewer twelfth, Roy Thung thirteenth, Phil Hellmuth fourteenth, Maxim Piece Ranko fifteenth, Mac Lance sixteenth, and Darja Tarapor got seventeenth. Bryce Yacki was the player who bubbled on Day three. On Wednesday, it was Day four action. Day five will be the final day. So once again you got Benny Glaser up on top with a somewhat of a comfortable lead. Here he's got a battle with Max Coleman, Josh Aria, phil Ivy, Christopher Tong, and Paul Volpi. Benny Glaser, I would say, is the favorite, you know, when you figure out how good he is at mixed games and the fact that he has the chip, leader has to be the favorite to win this title. I know he's come close before. I know he really, really really wants this title, likely more so than any title in the world, and he's in line to get it. And that would be pretty cool, you know, to see someone of his skill level ultimately go on to win the fifty k PPC. Of course, it would be cool as well to see phil Ivey win it. Josh Arie maybe a little bit of a chip on his shoulder here because he wasn't in those that final group of players who were nominated by the public to be a finalist for the Hall of Fame. So and he's all you know, he also had that second place finish to Calvin Anderson, you know, about a week or so ago or whatever that was. So maybe you know Josh is out there with something to prove, you know how competitive he is. Right, and then listen, don't count out Paul Volpi. I know he's last in chips. I know he's got some work to do, Yes, but Paul's gone deep in this event before. He's absolutely one of the best all around players in poker, so he can certainly make a name for himself. All these players very very good, and that's going to be a lot of fun to catch that final table On Thursday. The one K Super Seniors is down to the final fifteen. Timothy Garner leads the way. There's three hundred and fifty five thousand dollars up top than thirty three hundred entries in the field. Greg Ramer, yeah, we all know that named Greg Ramer is still in Kevin Song a bracelet winner. He's still in a name that I haven't seen or a player that I haven't seen in quite some time, but I guess he's here. Alexander Dovchenko is still in as well. Again, that's the final fifteen in the one K Super Seniors, and then in the ten K duce To seven Championship that kicked off on a Wednesday. Brian Tate, the founder of oates Overnight, he's leading the way. There were one hundred and forty entries on day one, but you know, registration is still open for a level or two on day two, so don't have any finalized numbers there. Andrew Yay is in second place on the leader board entering day two. We also had the first two starting flights take place for the one K Mystery Millions, the ever so popular one K Mystery Millions. It's drawing pretty well, you know. I normally we don't talk about these these early day one just because there's still so much to come. But I guess, you know, following up a bit on the numbers episode that we did as the last show, I do want to touch on the pacing here last year for the Mystery Millions. One A got thirteen twenty nine, one B got eighteen thirty three. That's thirteen twenty nine for one A eighteen thirty three for one B. This year, one A got sixteen forty three. That's a twenty three point six percent increase over last year, and one B, which was Wednesday's flight twenty two hundred and seventy eight, which is a twenty four point three percent increase. So you know, average those out, twenty four percent increase so far for the first two starting flights. That's a very very good sign. I know, we talked about how some of these tournaments you know, have been down this year overall, or you know, maybe because of the re entries and the structure changes, they're maybe not as up as large as we might have thought. But once again, you know, one of those themes that we saw when we looked at all the numbers was that these kind of gimmicky I mean, not really gimmicky, the more like the more name brand headline events. You know, the Monster Stack, the Million Maker, the Colossus, now you have this Mystery Millions. Those all continue to draw really well, and this one probably is drawing the best at least early on through the first two flights. This is the first two flights of five drawing the best out of any of those. Now, if we just take a twenty percent increase on the total field size from last year, that total field size was nineteen thousand, six hundred and fifty four entries. A twenty percent increase on that would give us twenty three thousand, five hundred and eighty five entries. And I think that's being a little bit conservative, because you know, we have seen a twenty four percent increase so far. But if we just do twenty percent, that would mean this year's Mystery Millions would become the third largest poker tournament of all time, behind only the number one largest poker tournament of all time, the twenty nineteen ws BE Big fifty, and then the twenty twenty five WASP Gladiators of Poker, And honestly, there's a chance that it could even become the second largest poker tournament, because if it's on this pace, then that second largest poker tournament, the twenty twenty five WASIP Gladiators of Poker, had twenty four thousand, six hundred and twenty nine entries. That is, if it stays on this pace, that is certainly within striking distance. So you know, I know there's a lot been made about how everything's kind of down everywhere and this and that and the other thing. But this Mystery Millions looks like it's pacing incredibly well. So just we'll keep an eye on this one as we go. Still three starting flights. This has one A through one E for this one K Mystery Millions. One event that did see so for as the Mystery Millions, right, we got it up and we got it up twenty four percent so far, an event that's down twenty four percent. We're going to go off property. We're going to head down the strip. We're going to go to the win because the twenty twenty six ten thousand and four dollars buying Win Summer Championship that drew if my math is correct, based on what they have on the website for the first three flights plus what was in poke ratlas. Today they have eleven hundred and seventy entries. That is down twenty three point nine percent from last year's fifteen hundred and thirty seven entries. Buying here is a pretty hefty ten thousand, four hundred dollars. In twenty twenty four, this tournament had fourteen hundred and forty entries, so it went up from twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five, it went up ninety seven entries, and then this year it dipped pretty hard. It's down almost twenty four percent. This one did come with a guarantee, a ten million dollar prize pool guarantee that was it was made. Yes, but I would say probably a little too close for comfort if you're the operator here, because the prize pool ends up coming in at ten thousand and nine hundred and seventy dollars, sorry, ten million, nine hundred and seventy thousand dollars. That'd be way off if there were only at ten thousand, ten million, nine hundred and seventy thousand dollars. So I'm making it by nine hundred and seventy thousand dollars. Which we know how poker operators work, right, They want to crush guarantees. They really don't want to sweat them until the bitter end. But this one was probably a sweat at the win on Wednesday, you know, given that it was less than a million above what they or what they put on for the guarantee. So the reason I want to point this out, you know I've talked about or I've mentioned how you know numbers being down. It's not just at the World Series of Poker for some of those events. Even though I still think the World Series of Poker, numbers are pulling pretty well this year. As we talked about in that last episode, it's elsewhere too. And this is a big marquee event at the Win you know, the ten K buying win Sumber Championship, and that has taken a twenty four percent hit this year. I'm going to close the pod here by talking about the tag team tournaments. Now, I wasn't supposed to play, at least I wasn't planning to play this tag team tournament this year. One K buy in the tag team Nolanan Holdham event at the World Series at Poker. If you're splitting a fifty to fifty, it's five hundred dollars per person. It's only two person teams. I'm driving in today around I don't even know what time, one or two o'clock or something. Get a call from my good friend Ronnie Barta. You guys probably heard from him on a previous episode talking about his love for limit hold Them. Well, he's telling me how the player that he usually plays with justin Peachee is out of talent for some family stuff, so he's thinking, why don't we fire, you know. So I'm like, you know what, let me get down there, let me look at my schedule, let me see what's up, and uh, you know, we'll well, we'll possibly get in there. So I get down to Paris, I get set up, I check my schedule, I hit Ronnie back and I'm like, yeah, let's go. You know I'm in And he tells me, you know, well, how about this. We're gonna play some audio clips from him. I ripped them off of his Instagram story. But he tells me that basically he can play most of day one, right, I just need to cover for him while he goes to a dinner, and then I'm gonna cover for him later night because he's still in that ten k win Summer Championship, which has day two on Thursday. So then on Thursday, if we bag and make it through, I have to basically iron man that whole thing as long as he's stilling at the wind. So so that was kind of the plan that we talked about. So here's here's Ronnie first talking about playing with me.
Speaker 4: A little new development happening here. So today I was a kind of take the day off. But you know what, today's a tag team here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: My partner Justin Peache, well, i've played the tag team event with four or five times.
Speaker 3: We actually final.
Speaker 4: Table did two years ago. He's got some family stuff going on. You can't be here right now. Unfortunately, Donnie Peters always plays with Tim Duckworth, but him and they're not playing for some reason.
Speaker 3: So I just hit up Donnie. I'm like, yo, you free. He's like, yo, let's do it.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go fire all day one. I'm gonna go to dinner with my friends. He's gonna re leave me for dinner. I'm gonna come back. I'm gonna close out. I'm not gonna play too late because I have that ten k main day two tomorrow.
Speaker 3: He's gonna play tomorrow.
Speaker 4: If we get through today and then on my dinner break, hopefully i'm still in. I'm gonna come and leave him for an hour or so, go back and play the rest of my ten k. And so he's at a marathon day tomorrow. He says, we've got some iron Man duties. If we can back tonight, let's go.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So now we got Ronnie talking about how he's playing with me. He's ready to go, you know, like we talk on the phone, We're good to go. He's giving me the rundown of how it has to work. I'm like, yeah, man, whatever you need, no big deal. He's like, are you sure you can handle the iron amount on day two because you know there's no breaks in this tournament and whatever. I'm like, yeah, I honestly, I feel like that probably benefits me. Like, you know, I'm not gonna need to go to the bathroom. I don't eat when I play. Like, let's just you know, let's just sit down and let's just crush these people. You just do the thing for the most of the day one. I'll you know, cover us on those breaks for the dinner and the late night and whatever. And then that's that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And then I mean, I know he told me on the phone that, like he's like, I just want to you know, all these people with like their boyfriends and their girlfriends, their husbands and their wives, their brothers and sisters, and like their family members and longtime friends and all of this.
Speaker 2: I just want to ruin them all. And I'm like thinking into my head, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, man, like whatever, Like he's just trying to like hype me up, He's trying to get himself hyped up.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Then I saw on his story that he actually talked about wanting to ruin all these people while he was walking over from Bollagio to the Horseshoe in Paris. And here's Ronnie talking about how much he wanted to ruin people in this specific tournament.
Speaker 3: I'm fully aware of how it's gonna sound.
Speaker 4: I mean it's gonna sound, but I want to go in there and have a good time, but also just dismantle some of these relationships brothers that are playing together, husband and wives, you know, best.
Speaker 3: Friends, long life friendships.
Speaker 4: Why do you want to go in there and just send people fucking home, have that partners yelling at them like, oh you should have folded or you should have caught.
Speaker 3: Like this tournament is so fucking fun. I'm pumped. I want to make a deep run. I'm gonna really try my best.
Speaker 4: In this one, and I want to leave Donnie with a mountain of chips when he gets in there in about three hours.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It didn't stop there, the talking about wanting to room people because so we go to buy in. We buy in, okay, and we're walking out of the Paris registration room because you have to register for this tournament in person, which, by the way, Jeff Platt put this on your list of things to fix, Like why are we doing this? There should be just some linking in the app with your partner or something like you gotta tap phones or whatever. You know, maybe like one person is the captain. That captain has a QR code on their phone. The other person can scan it, they can hit accept, they can both agree boom. We can just buy in with the accounts. We don't need to do this whole stand in the line. I thought we were done with lines. Okay, let's let's fix this. No more lines. Anyway, we get there with the line. We're walking into the Paris tournament room. Ronnie's bust out is his story, and he's he's walking and talking about how he's gonna ruin all these people he walked. We walk right up to the table and he's just like, look like putting his phone or look at all these animals. Look at I mean here, just listen to the people. As we're walking into it, or listen to him talking about the people as we walked to the room.
Speaker 5: Here we go, baby care, we fucking go black one full four les right here. Oh yeah, let's take a look, like I said, family members, wives, sisters, uncles, like the husbands. But they're all gonna fill the fucking wrath. All these animals. Yeah, look at these animals.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So what you didn't hear there is so he cuts off the story. But then we're standing right, we're in seat four, we're standing right at the chair right, we gotta check in, and there's a hand playing out, and he's just talking about all these people, like the guy in seat we're in seed four, the guy in seat five, has you start with twenty k? That guy had like one hundred and sixty K and just just one another pot back door to straight the guy the other his opponent flopped top set of kings. So like he's running looking at this older gentleman just like, oh, like, I can't wait. This guy's on my left, he's got all these chips.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: He's like openly talking about how he's gonna like beat all these poopies to look at all these people and I'm just like, I'm standing there. I'm like, they can probably hear you, man, they can probably hear you. So whatever, they check us in. We're in kind of the front of the room in Paris. I'm my desk in our media setup is like back by the stage probably I don't know, two hundred yards away, three hundred yards.
Speaker 2: Away, something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how big that room is exactly. But I walk, we check in. He takes see he's gonna play for about three hours. So he's got this dinner. I'm gonna tag him in cool. I walk back to my desk. I don't even sit into my chair, and I'm getting text messages from him telling like telling.
Speaker 2: Me this hand.
Speaker 1: And then he's got photos and he's out. He's out of the tournament. I'm like, what the fuck just happened? Like I'm looking at these text messages he's got. It ends up the first hand, he's dealt the very first hand. He gets dealt ten to nine of hearts. He raises, he gets a call from I think somebody in position, call from a woman in the big blind. It comes Queen Eid of Hearts, Queen of hearts, eight of hearts, five of spades, Big blind checks Ronnie betts, Guy calls, woman check raises, Ronnie puts it in. Guy folts, She calls, She's got top and bottom turns the Queen's Ronnie's drawn into the jack of hearts to make a straight flush, rivers the jack of spades, so wrong, jack on the river. And that's that. I mean, Like I'm like a huh, like what I mean, He's in his story which I'm about to play, like the story about him busting, where he's talking about how he's like he's never busted a tournament that fast. Well, I've also never busted a tournament without playing a single hand. But I guess now I can just check that off my bucket list too, because that's been achieved. You know, this is not only the fastest I've ever busted a tournament, for sure, but also I did not play a single hand in this tournament. I mean I didn't even get back to my desk. I didn't even tell my people that I'm working with that hey, I'm in the tag team today. Like I didn't even get any of those words out of my mouth, and this guy just busts us from the tournament.
Speaker 4: Can you guys imagine after all that that I just talked about ruinings, ruining the dreams, ruining people's wsop dree runing married couples and uncles and brothers and sisters, and you know, the families that come in here to play these fun cacteam tournaments. I said, I'm gonna go in there now, I'm gonna torture some of these people. I'm gonna get them. I got knocked out five minutes, serves me right. That was the quickest I've ever gotten knocked out in my life, because I walked in there like an egotistical maniac on a mission, like an absolute crazy person. Although I was having a little fun, none of it was serious. I'm gonna post a hand after this story. But I opened the ten nine of hearts went three ways. If the Queen ate a heart flop five of spades, you know, to getting a two four hundred level, I bet fiacing on the flop. Old man calls girl, check raises, I put it in he folds.
Speaker 3: She has top and bottom turned.
Speaker 4: Queen, I'm basically dead river Blackjack like the jacke hearts out.
Speaker 2: So yes, mister Barda my good friend, Ronnie.
Speaker 1: That's what you get for talking all that shit from the Bolaggio to the table in Paris. You talk shit the whole time. You talk shit on your story. You were talking shit to me on the phone about ruining people. You were talking shit again on your story when we were walking right after the table. You were talking shit off your story while we're standing next to the table. And then, you know what, I think you kind of got what you deserve now. Somehow I had to be collateral damage in this thing, and my five hundred dollars just got lit up in smoke. But I guess that's just the breaks, that's just the break. So I know I normally have played this event with Tim Duckworth. I know Ronnie has normally played this event with Justin Peachee. But I think next year Ronnie owes me a spot as his teammate in the tag team event because he busted us on the first hand. I don't care if Tim is back for me. I don't care if Justin is back for him. It doesn't matter. Ronnie owes me round two, and I'm gonna play the first hand. Okay, that's what's gonna happen. Next year we're playing again, and I'm playing the first hand because I can't take this. And I'm also instructing them. No Instagram stories, no talking about ruining people, Okay, like we gotta just be calm and collected and not over cocky, like this is ridiculous. So anyway, that's my tech team story played today, lost five hundred dollars, didn't play a single hand, honestly, truly great, what the hell? But that's poker.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: And that's gonna be the pod. So thank you guys as always for listening. Shout out to producer rich Ryan for getting this thing up and posted. And we got some fun content stuff in the works. I know many of you have checked out the Jeremy Becker interview that Rinko Rinkima did. I told you we got Andrew Lucky Chue Lichtenberger. We got one of those coming. We got some other video content that is coming as well, so be on the lookout for that from the various Poker ro channels. And that's it. That's the show. My name is Donny Peters. Is a pleasure as always, and I will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 4: Jami