Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the Games Mike the Bulldog beyond you.
Speaker 2: On jr R.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Bulldog, we got you there. I am here, Yes, I am all right. So I'm I'm assuming you're gonna just rip the band aid off. With the Magic's fourth loss in a row last night.
Speaker 2: Mmmmm, yeah, I think the Magic need a new theme song and it's the old Beatles song Help, I need somebody help, not just anybody. Yeah, the Magic underhanded again last night, finished the game with eight available players, and yeah, they are in a bad way.
Speaker 4: Last night.
Speaker 2: They were up twenty one in that game in the first quarter, hit thirteen of their first seventeen shots, five of their first six three pointers. Again, up by twenty one, and then they just ran out of gas. They got clobbered one oh nine to ninety three by the hapless Toronto Raptors. The Magic were outscored in the third quarter by forty by forty. Okay, it's only the second time this season the Magic if gave up forty or more points in a quarter. Yeah, not good by the again eight available players. Obviously they're missing the fronz a he's he's not back yet. Jalen Suggs isn't back yet. Gogabatazzi is still in concussion protocol. Gary Harris still has a hamstring strange. Jet Howard sprained ankle. Moe Wagner of course out for the year. Cole Anthony didn't play last night. He had some sort of illness. Jonathan Isaac was only able to go five minutes because of his own illness. So yeah, Palo Bancaro did have what do you have last night? Twenty six points, twelve rebounds, but that wasn't nearly enough. The Magic were below thirty percent from three point shooting. Again, they're the worst three point shooting team in the league. As you mentioned, they've lost four in a row now, six of their last seven to ten of their last fourteen. They fall on the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference behind the Pistons now and look who's only a half game behind them, the hated Heat in the ninth spot. So yeah, but.
Speaker 5: I told Pat I just found those magic signs, So since I just put them out that we're gonna see a turnaround. Hopefully we'll get some some players healthy with my signs.
Speaker 2: Well, the Franz and Jalen Suggs should be back soon and man, yeah, so it's not good for the Magic right now, but there's still you know, there's still above five hundred. They're still above the playoff line. Hopefully, when Franz and Jalen Suggs get back, they will be able to score some more points.
Speaker 3: Are we gonna have to adjust our predictions for a total number of wins?
Speaker 4: You can't do that. Well.
Speaker 2: I will say this. I believe the Magic's record right now is the exact same record they had it this year last time and last year last year. Here's some optimism for you. So they have the exact same record that they had last year at this time, and last year at this time they were completely healthy and had that record. So when they get healthy in the next couple of weeks, you would think they'd be able to go on a run. Hey, hey, you want to just if you want to, just your what was your what were the what were the games that we d.
Speaker 3: I don't think he has them, Handy. He'll have to get back to you. Hey, can I ask you a question? Do they have any numbers that have come down yet on eyeballs that watched the National Championship Game Monday night.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 4: I'll look for that though.
Speaker 3: Because I you know, I don't know if bulldog. You've been looking at a lot of discussion on where that game ended up being played on the calendar or the night, and how far into the calendar it is, deep into the NFL playoffs, and also, you know, the falling on a holiday on Inauguration had it had a lot of things going against it. So I'm just curious to see ultimately how many people. Oh, yeah, that's right, the National Championship Game was up you mentioned yesterday. Why didn't they play it on Friday night? I did some research into that, and I even talked to Mark Daniels, who's mister you know, TV ratings guy. He says, Friday night is just an awful night for TV ratings and viewing. So that's why they don't play big events on Friday night ever, because Friday night, I guess most people you know go out on Friday.
Speaker 4: You know, it's Friday night time to party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's and many more people at home on Monday night watching TV than on Friday night home watching TV. The Jaguars look like they're getting close to hiring their coach. They're bringing three guys in for a second interview. Among those are Tampa Bay offensive coordinator Liam Cohen, Vegas defensive cord at Patrick Graham, and New York Jets former coach Robert Sala. So some Jaguars fans on social media not happy with those three choices.
Speaker 4: They want to splashy hire.
Speaker 2: They wanted Ben Johnson, who of course agreed to become the Chicago Bears head coach. He was the highly sought after offensive coordinator of the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 4: Do you think that?
Speaker 3: Do you see the Jags organization shelling out thirteen million a year for Ben Johnson? Which is way isn't that the rumored number he's getting in Chicago?
Speaker 2: Supposedly, Hey, Shag Cohn is one of the richest owners.
Speaker 4: I know, but still is I don't know if he's gonna set that precedent.
Speaker 2: Well, here's all I have to say for fans who want the splashy hire. Okay, bet, yes, Ben Johnson was a splashy hire, but so was Urban Meyer.
Speaker 4: Yeah That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: So that was and they and they shelled out a lot of money for urban Meyer to get him out of the get him back into coaching, So splashy hires aren't always the best way.
Speaker 3: Hey, Josh McDaniels back to the Patriots organization as offensive coordinator, coming home again. Huh for the third Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: For the third time. He lea he always leaves the Patriots offensive coordinator, gets a head coaching job, fails at that, and then winds up back with the Patriots. Of course, Mark Mike Vrabel is the head coach of the Patriots, and he played for the Rable played for the Patriots when Josh McDaniels was the offensive court or Josh McDaniel was the offensive coordinator back.
Speaker 4: In their hey day.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, back to college or back to basketball real quick. You see, I played the number three team in the country last night. Iowa State. Didn't go that well for them. They ended up losing that game. But you see, if played Houston tough the other day, there's still right around five hundred and the Big twelve, they could still be a tournament team.
Speaker 4: They're getting there. They're getting there for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, I finally, I've been scrolling through my phone the whole time through my pictures to find our magic picks, which are not able to be changed. By the way, we have Pat at fifty six, Dog at fifty five wins, and me at fifty two.
Speaker 3: I need to remember.
Speaker 4: Lie they're currently sitting at twenty three wins.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyway, we're more than halfway through the season and lightning fall last night three to two to Montreal in Montreal.
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Bianchy, host of open Mic on at jacent TUSS weekday mornings on a ninety six to ninety game. Always feel free to bounce over there if you want to get in with the dog. Thank you for taking the time out of your show dog to join us for the sports page here on jr R each morning.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, check out the Lynchen Taco Off the Air podcast, new episodes posted every Thursday on the iHeartRadio app, downloaded for free at doubjarr dot com.
Speaker 2: Zour