Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the show. I'm Martin Willis your host. Tonight's guest is Ryes Dalton Morgan. I'd like to thank him personally. He was a great person interview. I have the opportunity to sit down with him at Contact in the Desert and to turn into this amazing conversation. Really, it's about his grandfather and a military UFO encounter that he experienced and kept private for many years. I think you're really going to like this interview a lot. Be sure to check this week's blog by Charles Leer, titled a nineteen seventy nine UFO Case in an Irish newspaper. Charles always uncovers interesting historical cases deserve another look. So I'm very grateful to Charles for all these years of great blogs you can find. I think there's well over one hundred or even maybe even two hundred of them over at a website PODCASTUFO dot com. And as always, thank you for watching and supporting the show. I'll be hanging out live in the chat room tonight, but I'll be leaving really early tomorrow morning for Washington, DC to attend the disclosure form. I will be filming there at the event on Thursday, but I cannot live stream it, so just keep your eyes open for some clips that come out on YouTube, some interviews, possibly a full full show later that night Thursday, and maybe even a special.
Speaker 2: Podcast release I do not know, but if so, that.
Speaker 1: Would be on Thursday evening at eight o'clock. So next Tuesday we'll be joined by Joe Piscato of the UAP Reporting Center. And that is really another great conversation that I had out at Contact in the Desert, and he and I agree on so many UFO issues I and.
Speaker 2: He's a really a great person.
Speaker 1: So check that out next Tuesday at APM Eastern here, and I'd like to thank everyone that supports the show. Anyone can support the show on our Patreon page for just two dollars.
Speaker 2: Or more a month.
Speaker 1: That's over at PODCASTUFO dot com. You can see the links there so you can have an ad free version of the audio podcast and can be listened to by virtually any app or a media player. Thanks again for joining and I hope you really enjoy the conversation tonight.
Speaker 2: Reestlton Morgan, I am so happy to have you here. Irene. Our mutual friend said, you've got to have this guy on my show, and you appeared here Contact in the desert, so we got to meet and it's been such a pleasure talking to you. Likewise, this room just opened up and I grabbed a hold of you. So let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how we do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, that's great. What do you think of Is this your first time? No, no, it's not your first home to America, but your first home to California? Is that right?
Speaker 3: No, not first time in California, but first time at Contact here.
Speaker 2: We yeah, we did a little.
Speaker 3: Trip around the California sort of parks and some of the states outside as well as southwest there. So we sported a little Was that a few years ago like last year actually?
Speaker 2: Or yeah? Last year? So okay, I think did you go to Secorol?
Speaker 3: No, not yet.
Speaker 2: That's this trip.
Speaker 3: We're going to try and get up there to you said to me in Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Oh nice, but yeah, last time we did sort of Zion, Red Rock, Grand Canyon, Yeah, yeah, the big parks, so we were trying to see as much.
Speaker 2: As we could. Yeah. Yeah, So we had a great conversation and we know someone mutually Bell Charker correct. Yes, I consider Bell Charker the leading No, maybe I'm partial, but the leading Australian UFO researcher, I would agree, yes, and a very nice gentleman.
Speaker 3: He is a gentleman, definitely, yep.
Speaker 2: So he's sort of mentoring you, that's right. Yeah, So what's a funny story.
Speaker 3: He originally had done a lot of research into kind of the Australian military defense cases sort of across the years, and one of those accounts that had sort of been passed on that he ended up getting his hands onto was my grandfather's account of a flying saucer during the launch of a nuclear black Night rocket in nineteen fifty eight or nineteen fifty nine at the woman of Test Range, which is sort of Australia's Area fifty one. It was where Britain were doing their ICBM and atomic testing and it's a massive facility. But long story short, I kind of connected through Bill trying to find more information about this case and my grandfather because it had never been known to the family.
Speaker 2: So how did you find out about it? So I actually found it online.
Speaker 3: There was a published there was a published testimony of the siding, and I bound Bill Chalker's home phone number online and gave him a call, wrung him up and said, Hi, Bill, my name is Reestot Morgan. He probably don't know who I am, but I'm interested in sort of some information he might have about my grandfather. And he thought Dalton Morgan a name sounds very familiar. And we ended up from there just doing a lot of work. And he's sort of been, I think, guiding me along, trying to help me in any way he can get more information about my grandfather but also take on board the enigma that is the phenomenon in the exploration of this and trying to get to the truth. So he's always very good with providing critical analysis and helping me on what content or material I should read in to get myself continually up to speed. So yeah, very grateful to have Bill there to I guess guide me along this journey.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you think about I think about how things have changed my life, and I love where my life was gone because I was sitting at a hot tub and something flew over me. But now you happen to catch this thing online that you would have never known about. Yeah, and here you are now and that's kind of how these things work, and it's pretty amazing. And so your grandfather never spoke about this, No, it's quite strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he kind of went to his grave not really talking to the family or anyone that we know about these experiences that he'd had. And yeah, given that they were, I think such credible documented accounts given his title. So you know, my grandfather originally he was a famous spider pilot as from the ref sort of one of the golden boys or the few that was sort of tipped to go all the way to the Air Chief of Staff. And in nineteen fifty two he sort of resigned from an Air Force base in West Germany, it was a NATO operation there and was tasked by the Ministry of Supply to come to Australia to act as the operations head for the woman A Test Range, so essentially to run all their ICBM and classified advanced technology tests as part of a joint project with Australia. And during his time a few years into that, when he was range head, they were going to launch a black Night rocket. He was in the control tower and there was a collection team one hundred miles down the northwest of the Woman a test range and for context, the Woman a test range essentially is just a desert in the middle of Australia, South Australia and the middle of Australia a little below the middle, but in the middle of South Australia where there's nothing.
Speaker 4: From what I understand the light of it, it's a lot of sparse territory, but it's the Woman A test range at that time was double the size of England.
Speaker 3: Just that brill the largest test range in the world. Ah say, And he got a call from someone called Lieutenant Percy Hawkins who was there to collect the material. After the ICBM had gone up, the warhead had separated the dummy warhead and they would re enter the atmosphere and they would collect the data and bring it back. And Lieutenant Percy Hawkins said, called up the telecom in the control tower and my grandfather was and a couple of others and said, hey, there's a bright light moving at high speed towards where you guys at the rangehead. And he estimated faster than mak too. So my grandfather went out with Alan Mole.
Speaker 2: That's like fifteen hundred miles an hour YEP. Something like that. Yep.
Speaker 3: So they weren't sure, but they thought it was moving very quick and big and bright the light. So him and Alan Mole and six others went out onto the control area and they picked up this light. Sure enough, moving quite quickly. It came down in at five thousand feet, which is quite low in terms of the woman or a test area, because it's all it's all sky three quarter sky, flat desert, beautiful landscape, and the light was illuminating a circular disc. And my grandfather documented that you could see a cupola light cabin on top of the disc. And this circled over top of the missile on the site for a few minutes or so, and then it shot off to the northeast and accelerated into space, essentially right in front of them.
Speaker 2: Did they have it on radar or anything?
Speaker 3: He said that the radar did not detect it and pick it up, but they watched it.
Speaker 2: That's so unusually, isn't now? Did I do remember we had this conversation yesterday or the day before that you mentioned there results of windows in this thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Was there a description of what the windows were like?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I think car probably it would be well, you would equate to a portholes them guessing. So, yeah, the craft disappeared. He wrote five reports allegedly about this.
Speaker 2: Now, was anyone on the outside of the tower that witnessed us out in the open? Do you happen to know? Is that in the report?
Speaker 3: So when you say well we so, we actually haven't been able to get access to the official report. Basically it's still allegedly in the ether or classified. What we were able to find was my grandfather's handwritten transcript or the testimony of the account.
Speaker 2: That must have been exciting.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. So he'd actually put that in with the author who was to do his biography, and that's that's how we ended up finding the actual account through the author, so we had his written words and testimony of it and from there, basically Bill Chalker helped me speak with another researcher in the UK called doctor David Clark.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so, no, David, he's been on the show yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, David's a great bloke. So he actually interviewed my grandfather two years before he passed.
Speaker 2: Away, Is that right? Yeah, and no one in the family knew about it, no one, boy, He was a secret of man.
Speaker 3: He was always very understated, unassuming, but clearly you know, was sort of from that era I think too, and they didn't talk about a lot of work that they did, and it was all sort of behind closed doors. But yeah, David Clark had spoken with my grandfather, and my grandfather had told him that in the late nineteen forties that he'd served on a secret joint United States Air Force committee as an RAF officer to investigate UFOs.
Speaker 2: And great, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so at that time it would have beenably nineteen forty eight, we estimate based off his records.
Speaker 2: That's early.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also that's an early encounter involving noks. Yes, because you know, I used to have Robert Heasting's on my show a lot. Are you familiar with Robert Heasting? I am?
Speaker 3: Indeed, does he know about this situation? I don't know if he does. Yeah, Well, Bill's documented and written about it actually in a few of his books. He has it in the ors files. He also UFOs and government it's in there as well the case. But yeah, there's still a lot of information I think to be found about my grandfather's involvement because.
Speaker 2: The more I was digging.
Speaker 3: The more we were looking, the more it seemed like he was somewhat always in these interesting places at interesting times that happened to be a kind of there were either UFO encounters going on or there were cases documented at that time, and very famously, Harry Turner, who saw wrote some explosive UFO documents which have sort of gone quite public since they've been put out there. Very interesting. My grandfather and Harry Turner had worked together at the Woman A Test Range, and there's a whole history there as well between those two where Harry Turner was actually investigating the UFOs in his time at the Woman A Test Range. You've got my grandfather, who'd been involved in investigations in what we estimate to be Europe or Germany, taking over the Test Range and then having a UFO experienced himself, but then also the chief commander of the Woman A Test Range who was Australian. His name is Richard Durant. He ran the facility with my grandfather at the time, and he was in the Washington, DC radar room during the nineteen fifty two flyover. He was there as the year tache for the Australia and the United States. So you had three very prominent figures at the Test Stranger at the same time, all involved with the UFO phenomenon at some level.
Speaker 2: Very interestingly, Now, when David Clark interviewed him, was that a written interview or is that an ideal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was audio over the phone, and you have it to him. I'm sure I've got the notes, yes, from David Clark, right, We've gone through them. Yeah. So, as I said, my grandfather didn't list the name of the committee or why he was on it to David Clark. I still think he kept it quite close to the chest from what we can determine. But all I suspect is that whatever they determined in that report or that committee is still probably locked away somewhere I have. I don't think we will have seen the real report. And the reason that it's fascinating is Britain's first documented investigation into UFOs. The formal report that we have is nineteen fifty to nineteen fifty one, and that was Sir Henry Tizzard who initiated that. He was the Chief Scientific Officer of Winston Churchill and they gathered a few different parties from the Admiralty, the Air Ministry sorry excuse me, to launch an investigation into the phenomena for Britain, and they determined that only a very small percentage were basically unacknowledged or unknown, but there wasn't enough Dartatta to make any decision as to whether that was actually anonymous, and that report didn't come out until two thousand. It was discovered. Really, and my grandfather's account of being on this committee predates Britain's first documented investigation by a few years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have to stop. You're here, We're going to do I'll do it a little bit at it and I can't make a note of that, but so you're you're a laniard has falling down the microphone. So I'm wondering if if you can't really you can try to pinch it on your shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's better. God sorry, yeah, yeah, So I just got to I got to go through this and make sure I note. I'm going to put my card out of something to remind myself to note that this is in thirteen minutes and fifty five seconds. Okay, I have to do weird things when I don't have a pen and paper to get my Oh yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no, no, no, that's like that's just one of those things. It's kind of funny. So okay, So what do you think that your grandfather would think about your research if he were alive today.
Speaker 3: That's a great question. That's a really interesting question, because I wondered if he'd be almost you know, would he be annoyed that I'd be trying to dig into things He should probably remain, you know, where they are with the history that he had. But very strangely, you know, I've gotten this sense. You know, my grandfather and I were close growing up. He lived in an Adelai Idea. He would throw a rugby ball with me, and we spent a lot of time together. And my grandmother might have a huge family, right, so my dad has sort of four brothers and three sisters and other siblings as well. And my grandmother would always cry when she saw me because she thought I was sort of the reincarnation of time my grandfather. Very funnily, so, I'd always been obsessed and interested in UFO since after high school, and I never had any explanation why. And I was deeply invested in his topic from twenty seventeen. Once the New York Times article came out, and was learning reading everything I could, And when I discovered that Bill Chalker testimony of my grandfather, I nearly fell off my chair, I bet, And because I almost wondered if there was something that was maybe deep with inside me that maybe I'd inherited, or it was something that my grandfather never for whatever reason didn't express, maybe sort of came out in me, sort of skipped the generation because my dad was a major skeptic and not really interested in No, he's come on board. He's come on board.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: After he learned about all the details his father, his history, Yeah, plus all the other cases I've sort of thrown in front of him, he started to come around. But yeah, it felt as if my connection to being so interested in the UFO phenomenon in some way was related to my grandfather somehow.
Speaker 2: Seems that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I would say, without knowing how the world works or what the universe really is, and this phenomenon, with how strange it can be, that there's a part of me that somewhat believes that, you know, my grandfather has some part to play in my journey along this as well. I don't know, and maybe not, But as I said, I think there have been some very interesting coincidences that have sort of almost felt like I've been pulled into this a period of time.
Speaker 2: Now, what about I don't know if you have any siblings or is there other parts of the family that really find this fascinating.
Speaker 3: So I'm not to the same extent. No, I've got a sister and an older brother, but no one's really curious as much as I am.
Speaker 2: My mom I have the same situation.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, it can happen. My mom's very interesting because my mom sort of you know, she's a scientist's very intelligent.
Speaker 2: She yes, Now you told me something about your mother. I know she was born in Bison. That's same as myself. Yep, yep, But so yeah, tell us about your mother. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my mom is in a senior role at Australia's only a nuclear reactor. She runs the communications for Australia's only nuclear reactor. And she's never mentioned anything about UFOs, never really blinked deny about my interests to sort of let me be with it. And after I released all my research about my grandfather Tom, she sat my father and I down and came out and explained that she'd actually had multiple experiences with what we might call the UFO phenomenon throughout her life, some in the United States, some in Australia, and she was almost, I don't want to say traumatized, but very hesitant to kind of explore it and talk about it. And it shocked my father more than anyone, because she'd never spoken about this ever. It was the first time she had shared anything like this with anyone, you know.
Speaker 2: Did it come up at it like a sorry, did it come up like at a family gathering or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, just quietly when I was down visiting my parents down the coast, she just sort of sat us down and said, look, I've got something to share with you and make of it what you will. And yeah, she'd had close encounters.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about it and did you give your details?
Speaker 3: Of course? Yeah, absolutely. This one she was quite young. She said she was playing in the backwoods and she came across an entity of sorts in America in Boston, yeah, north andover, I believe, Oh yes, a shadow like entity of sorts. And her description was that it stretched wide and tall and went transparent and then she blacked out. She woke up there and went out, obviously out of the woods, pretty freaked out. From her description, she was coming out of a parking lot in Boston in her twenties.
Speaker 2: Hang on, just one second. Were you going to that one? Did she talk about any tape of missing time? Do you know she noticed any tape? No?
Speaker 3: No, I think she was she was too young, I think to acknowledge basically that that kind of yeah, that effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she's in her twenties and coming out of a parking lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this one, she's in her twenties. The next one coming out of a parking lot, and she said, basically a k or so above the parking lot and just in front of her there was a craft with rainbow colored lights, moving very strangely. Her description in the air the way was that she said it didn't look like it was flying, and that was how she knew something odd was going.
Speaker 2: This is the second time I've heard since I've been out here someone described rainbow color plates. The other one was in eighteen seventy eight.
Speaker 3: That incident very interesting.
Speaker 2: And it'd probably be hard to tell what year this was with your mother or did she tell.
Speaker 3: You no, I would have to track it down and go back to it. I haven't got the exact year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, so continue, I'm sorry for now. That's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. It's all great data points, isn't it. It's overlap, yes. And then it was performing maneuvers in the sky, so he'sig zagging all in front of her and she was there watching it sort of in awe. What type of sheep classic saucer?
Speaker 2: Yes, and any noise?
Speaker 3: No noise?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always loved that part. Yeah, it's great. So's there's more details that I think at some point I think maybe once she leaves her position in her role, she would come out and speak about But I think that's a it's a great account. And then the next account she told me about was actually in Australia, was in a place called Yolara, which is just outside of u Larou, and she would have been in her thirties there, and she was living in a sort of portable home and she was going to bed and heard a low pitch vibration wobble sound coming up to the portable home and then a bright light filled her whole bedroom window like almost like a car it was sort of shining a light in a sense, but much brighter, and she'd got up to investigate, and the light had gone around to the other side of the portable home and she could still hear the sound and was petrified. Point she became quite scared. She said, she was quite freaked out. And when the light filled the room againning and came back around, she said she was paralyzed. She had paralysis.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: She said she felt a presence approaching her but couldn't move and was the most scared she's ever been. And then she said she blacked out and she just woke up tucked into her bed the next morning, no memory of anything in between from when she had that presence coming up behind her the feeling blacked out. But she described that she had the feeling that she got being under heavy anesthetic and couldn't get out of bed and go to work. She had to call in sick. Wow, and she was really freaked out by that experience.
Speaker 2: Now, I know she would probably do anything now, but have you ever considered telling her about regression hypnotherapy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I've actually so. I tried to put a few books in front of her just to test the waters use her into the eye idea about exploring it. You know, I got her to have a look at John Mack's abduction, so maybe something more which is more transformative rather than looking at kind of the darker aspects of abduction or phenomenon. And she read a page and just put it down as says, I don't want to do it. Yeah, so yeah, she hasn't been I think rillings so much to explore it and regression, I'm not sure. Yeah, if she would be open to.
Speaker 2: It, yeah, but I know a few people that I'm close to, one that will not do it, does not want to know. Yeah, and I can understand that way of thinking mostself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. I respect her opinion. It's funny because, yeah, obviously that's all I spend my time reading and researching about that aspect. I'm very interested in that component too. So to see her and see how it affected her, I think it paints it in a different light. How real you know, these kind of experiences can be. And also you know how traumatic maybe as well, when you know things are out of your control in that sense.
Speaker 2: I couldn't bear that, Yeah, I mean, if I really think about it. So, yeah, this is all really interesting. I love that this is a family story. Yeah, thank you so much for sharing all this. Now let's go into other things that you're interested in. Australia's got some great cases. I know I mentioned this every single time I have someone from Australia on my show. But you're like the second largest audience between the second and third. It bounces back and forth between the UK and Australia. It's America first and then Australia with twenty six million people or whatever it is. Somehow it is my second largest. So Hi, everyone down down Under the.
Speaker 3: Big supporters of real work. So that would be why. So absolutely, oh oh thank you.
Speaker 2: And so let's talk about some other cases that fascinate you. And there's some great ones, and you know I've had Bill talking about some that are fascinating. But let me just put it this way. Are there some obscure cases that we don't really hear about a lot that has piqued your interests or is it just like a lot of the mean ones that like West Isle and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an interesting question because obviously I think the main Australian cases get a lot of attention. You know, West all in particular because it's a mass sighting, but I think, you know, with someone like Bill who's done a lot of work personally investigating a lot more remote or just individual cases across the board, you start to see, and as I've started to do this myself with speaking to people, that there's an incredible amount of high strangeness and obscurity in a lot of the individual cases of people that are experiences. And there's a great case which is sort of I guess an early abductee you would call. And Bill's probably done documented this, and it's in his book Care of the Ailing, but it's one of my favorites. And her name's Vicky Klein, and she lives sort of just outside the capital of Australia, and this is in the sort of early seventies. But her actual case was documented and researched by someone called Harry Turner, who was saying was investigating UFO cases at Woomera, and all the sort of indicators around her experiences seemed to fall into the classic kind of abduction narrative, but also with other stranger aspects as well. And for example, one night her neighbor comes back out and there's two entities out in Vicki's property there in the backyard, and this is the neighbor that's seeing this, And one of them is sort of like a humanoid, but the other one has like the face of a dog, but it's a human like entity, and they're both sort of their standing, yeah, like a dog man sort of they're smiling at her in the darkness, and they sort of just start to drift off and disappear, and you go into i think her personal experiences and so many of the things that happen with presences and poltergeist activity and the psychic aspects, and I think you really start to look at those cases where the individual is sort of having these extraordinary experiences. Many UFO experiences in that sense, have these sort of paranormal psychic encounters, and that's really what interests me, and I've been putting a lot of my time and effort into exploring those aspects of what happens to individuals once the sort of reality starts to break around you. So there's many, I think stories to be told for personal cases, but it doesn't necessarily all just fall into the classic UFO technology phenomenon that we look at a.
Speaker 2: Lot now I've never asked this of anyone from Australia. And when you just mentioned the dark man type creature cryptid, are there people that report cryptids and has anyone? I don't even know what would be called there. We call it bigfoot subsquare, Yeah, yawi yahwi, that's right. I have heard that before. So there is reports of the yahwi And is it similar to the bigfoot and form.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very similar. So the indigenous call them the hairy men, that's their word for them. But yeah, yaoi signings are absolutely a thing and cryptids in Australia and Australian indigenous culture has a long history of cryptids documented in their dreaming or their sort of historical accounts of experiences.
Speaker 2: But there are.
Speaker 3: Many similarities, I think between the yaoi encounters that we have in Australia and what you might call the highest strangeness around bigfoot sasquatch yei here in North America. And again it sort of falls into that kind of high strangeness aspect where people might have an overwhelming sense of fear come across them. They might have a dream, a pre cognitive dream about a yaoui being outside their tent and they wake up and then he's actually out there the next morning, or this strange sort of overlap with orbs being seen prior to an encounter with the Yaoui as well. Yeah, So one of the strangest cases I heard was someone had gone to basically track down a yaoi and had maybe set up cams to try and get footage, and was going out there to the cams and they heard they felt an overwhelming sense of fear overcome them when they were there, going out to change the cams there, and they didn't understand why, but they got in their car and turned around and drove back home and didn't want to do it. And the next morning they were dreaming that something was banging on the outside of their house wall and it was a sort of roaring sound. And when they woke up, something was banging on the outside of their household and the wall was shaking and there was a giant roar, and they went outside and checked it out and there was nothing there. But the neighbors had also heard this as well, and even though nothing was seen or confirmed, it's an interesting case in the sense that it sort of ties into that whole kind of consciousness dreams aspects, which falls into the phenomenon we see so often, but yet it seems to maybe be associated with a sort of crypt did encounter.
Speaker 2: She's that's really amazing. So we talked about West soul I know you went there, right, I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went there recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was that experience because that was the sixtieth anniversary.
Speaker 3: Sixtieth anniversary. Yeah, it was fabulous seeing all the witnesses speak firsthand, and you know, being there, And was Irene there as well? Yes, I believe so, Yeah, I believe so.
Speaker 2: I think she told me she's going to mutual friend. Iren Previn's been on this show a number of times and I met her years ago in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: But she's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is great. And what was that like talking to those people at West Saule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fascinating. The thing that really interested me was one of the witnesses who had passed away who wasn't there. It was called Victor Zakrusni, and he had actually witnessed one of the UFO's, two of them land just next door to the school prior to the whole Grange landing as well, so just over the fence that allegedly were two classic silver discs right there on the ground, and he'd hop the fence and there were other kids on the fence there, allegedly, and he'd gone up to it and was dis close, you know, putting his hand out.
Speaker 2: I knew that before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he held his hand out and he could feel the heat.
Speaker 2: Was that talked about before? And I just didn't hear it.
Speaker 3: It has been documented, Yeah, it has been. It's probably it's not as covered because it was a bit of an outlier compared to some of the A lot of the main witnesses excuse me, shared a sort of similar account about what they'd seen, where it took off, where it landed, and this was an outlier. But some of the work Shane Ryan had done recently, Yeah, fantastic researcher, which he presented at the Worst Fall Sixties Anniversary, confirmed that there were multiple witnesses that were actually had seen this event as well that victors of Cusny had described and experienced with them being on the ground prior to actually going to the grange and landing. Also, so the thing that stood out to me, which James Rigney pointed out to me, he gave me a map and showed me the different landing sites where they all believe that the craft had come down at different points and landed, that none of them could agree on the location of where it had happened. That every single person had a different understanding about where they thought the Fine Saurce had landed at different times.
Speaker 2: That's not surprising if you really think about how memory you rebuild tebrary time you rethink of something, it can be off a little bit and then off a little more, and the next time you think about it enough a little more true. True.
Speaker 3: Well, the funny thing was is that some of the sightings, though were very far apart. The one next to the school was completely different to the grange, which is, you know, like a five hundred meters example, across the road down into where the pine trees are, and some of the witnesses that had claimed to have seen the actual craft moving through the trees as if moving through the actual logs really that straight through it like a hologram almost to actually landing in that range area as well. But there was there's there's hundreds of witnesses that saw this event in the sky and the maneuvers that were seen, so it was popping out of existence appearing again zigzagging. A plane had come down, a little cessna and there's a Moravian airport which is close by, and this UFO was playing with it. It was chasing at this plane. It was, yeah, playing like a game of cat and mouse, and and more little cessna like planes appeared. But the strangest thing about that is there is no record or any indication that there were planes from the airport in the sky at that time. No one can seem to find out who those planes were, who they belonged to, where they came from. So again it sort of plays into this whole idea of the UFO potentially being almost performative in nature and plane to putting on a show for the spectators. Because when you're at Westall and you're on the ground there at the school on the oval where it happened, you look up and it's all sky. It's all right there. Like I was standing there looking at it, and I thought, this is a great viewing spot for a UFO encounter. And even the pine trees where they are where the UFO actually landed, it looks like a beacon, so it sort of stands out. It's like a landmark and I think about how the UFO went down there and went to the pine trees and went and landed in there, and they were all watching it from the oval. They knew exactly where that UFO was going based off the trees where to go. It's all flat except for the pines.
Speaker 2: Now, I neglected sometimes I forget about this that there are people, you know, there's a lot of people listening to this podcast, so listened to it for a long time and know about this case. But there are new people getting into it all the time, and they neglected to have you give the nutshell for this, you know, for the newcomer. So if you don't mind and bearwethers people that know about this case, if you can just do a real brief over there, big version of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. So April sixty April sixth, nineteen sixty six, there's a cold couple classes of kids out on the oval, the school oval. It's early in the morning and one to two three maybe classic sources flying sources looked like two silver mechallic discs put together, came down over the oval and were so low at one point for some of the kids that they were in line with the tree tops or the goalposts. They appeared there. Pandemonium broke out. Some of the kids went running into the school and were screaming that there's flying sources out on the yard. Before you knew it, you had hundreds of kids out on the oval. They're watching this event. And as we said, there's different UFOs. There's discrepancies in how many UFOs were present, but one to three is the indicator. And a science teacher called Andrew Greenwood came out of his class to watch what was happening as well, and he had actually witnessed this event as well where these sources were there. They were popping out of existence, zigzagging around doing incredible things, and everyone was in there watching and then planes came down chase some of these UFOs right in front of the school. I watched this event play out. Then two of them, one to two allegedly landed in an area called the Grange, which was sort of a forest pine area five hundred meters back down there on the ground, and the kids took off, some of them to chase and go and actually find the UFO and arrived to see some claim at taking off. The three of them synked up in form and then took off together any trace case. So from the accounts we have from a lot of the kids, the military intervened within twenty minutes, allegedly some forty. They were there on the site quick they shut it down. They were burning grass, removing material in the areas where the sources were claimed to have landed. But nothing happened to you, but nothing, nothing happened. And I think Westall is a great example of the idea that people say there isn't to cover up. Yeah, no one knows exactly what occurred with the flying sources, but I think everyone generally sort of understands that the military or whoever was in charge of that operation moved to shut that down quickly. And Andrew Greenwood, who was the teacher, had none didn't you take a picture, Andrew Greenwood?
Speaker 2: Someone took a photo, So sorry, that's all right.
Speaker 3: So that was James Kibble and that was four days prior. The photo, the ball one photo that was taken four days prior. He saw that object moving in the sky.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm sorry to confuse No, No, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the ball one photo. But it's in the same area, and there's been a lot of associations that, you know, maybe it is related to the Westall case. We can't confirm that. Obviously, that's a great photo, too, fantastic. Yeah, yeah, and I think once you know the history and the context around who James Kibble is, who he was with, and that photo occurring, I think there's probably a lot of people who are serious researchers who have looked at that photo believe that's a credible photo, and then it's legitimate. And I think people say it looks so hokey, you know, it almost looks that kind of looks too good, like yeah, like an upside down bowl with a little great nub on top.
Speaker 2: I think, And it's going people not at all. Well, just we only have a couple of minutes, so I just want to ask you. I remember there was a girl that kind of was gone the next day and never came back to school, but she has been located. Do I have that rate?
Speaker 3: That's right? Yeah, And I don't think it's as mysterious as always brought out to be from what I understand, but yeah, it's I think it's sort of probably played into the we were called conspiracy, not conspiracy, but yeah, the mythology around the whole experience or account, which I think naturally happens when there was such a heavy military presence and clearly an effort to shut down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a story.
Speaker 3: You know. They went to Andrew Greenwood's home and they told him if you talk about this, you know, we'll ruin your career. We'll tell everyone you're an alcoholic and you'll never work again.
Speaker 2: That's just horrible.
Speaker 3: And he was just an innocent yes, you know, man who was there, who had witnessed something extraordinary as a teacher. And we you know, as research is there in Australia, we wonder how there can be no documented accounts or evidence of this case given what happened. There was such an extraordinary event, so there has to be a report somewhere someplace maybe that confirms what occurred, or maybe what the military were really there for.
Speaker 2: To spent a real pleasure and it's so much fun to hang out with you, and we've had some great conversations over the last two days. So anyway, thank you so much for.
Speaker 3: We have Indeed, no, thank you, mim. It's been great mate, I've really enjoyed it, so thank you for taking the.
Speaker 2: Time you've bet. Yeah, it's great and we'll be in touch. Hope to have you back again one day. How can we be virtual and to go down under it?
Speaker 3: That's right, we'll see it then, all right, take care,