Speaker 1: When does the draft actually start? It used to start at night. When does it start? Now?
Speaker 2: Six o'clock?
Speaker 1: Okay, our time, six pe our time.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't normally talk about sports on the show, but let's be real people. We live in Denver, Colorado, and on Thursday and Friday of this week, everyone is going to be a buzz with what the Broncos are going to do. So, in an effort to help you sound like you know what you're talking about, and more importantly, help me sound like I know what I'm talking about, we're going to talk to Anthony, who has been deep involved, steeped, if you will, in the comings and goings of the Denver draft situation. Yesterday, Yeah, thanks to kind of a crazy turn, rumors started getting out and being publicized that the Broncos were going to trade up to get a running back. Yes, what do you think the chances of that actually happening are going to be?
Speaker 2: I think, unfortunately it's pretty low. And that is coming from someone who really wishes that they had the capital and the wherewithal do it. I just at this point, especially with the news continuing, I mean, this is just the the week of smoke screens the week of all the misdirections.
Speaker 1: Let me ask a question about this, because you know, I love the psychology of a good smoke screen. Yes, what would be the benefit for the Broncos or anyone else kind of shoving that that rumor out into the world. Are they waiting to see who's gonna call? Are they waiting to see if anybody's interested in trading down?
Speaker 2: Could get people to call. It could also, just like Sean Payton did last year in getting the Vikings to go get JJ McCarthy, it could get teams to give up capital to go for players that they actually don't want. That way they're boring falls their way, and the guy they actually want that they wouldn't clearly ever really talk about, falls right in their lap or within like distance to go up and trade for.
Speaker 1: Let me just ask you, though, because this ownership group seems very straightforward, very buttoned up, very squared away.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: That sounds like an Al Davis move. What you're saying right there? Are they really like? Is Sean Payton a schooldugery guy? Is he a Shenanigan's man? That's not how I have always viewed him.
Speaker 2: He is, and he plays chess in doing so, Okay, he's very calculated. He knows exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's who he wants in this draft. I'm guessing already.
Speaker 2: And this goes back to last year and essentially he was freaking out that someone like the La Rams were going to take bo Nicks, for example. So he is going to do whatever it takes to make sure he gets his guy. And again, these misdirections are a part of it. And yeah, you heard yesterday three independent sources that are saying the Broncos are potentially one of the teams that are looking to trade up, but it may not be for running back. Ian Rappaport RNFL Net're getting tired, said Koe Sports yesterday. He thinks that they were to trade up, which is possible, he thinks it would be for a wide receiver, not for a running back. And we've all heard the Broncos say that they like their wide receiver room. So I mean Matthew Golden of Texas as the guys that could go after Ted McMillan is a guy that could go after At Arizona, there's a couple of good wide receivers, but I don't like the wide receiver class, and I don't ascessarily think that should be the move. I think you should be for running back. And and the problem is the rumors today that the Browns at two overall again the Broncos for those that know the Broncos are at twenty overall, the Browns at two overall, and the Giants at three overall. There's rumors that they are fielding calls to move off of those picks, potentially teams that are calling them and looking trade. Problem is that could be for a couple players and they're not quarterbacks. That could be for one Travis Hunter, who the Browns are play gonna take it two, or the unfortunate one that I think it also could very well be because he is just astronomically risen up boards. I got. That is my absolute number one dream scenario, and that is Ashton Jancy, the running back out of Boise State. There is now talks that first everyone's saying, okay, he's gonna go six to the Raiders. Sure, Then we're hearing yesterday maybe five to the Jaguars. Now people are saying maybe the moving up to two or three could be a team going that high to get him. So if if that high five or six wasn't possible for the Broncos to get jant eight. I mean, it's just now it's just further out of range.
Speaker 1: So do you think there's any truth to this or do you think it was just a smoke screen?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think there's I think there's I think there's some a little bit of truth to it. I don't say a lot, but I would like to think that there's a little bit to it because I think the Broncos are her position roster wise where they kind of need instead of really the depth. And this is why I hate the trade back situation in the scenario. I think they need that those that game breaking talent. I mean that's what all That's what everyone was literally telling me out of the Super Bowl. Anyone I would talk to would say, literally, just get bo Nick some weapons. If you want to get them a weapon, get guys that are the game changers, the difference makers, the Ashton Janet's of the world. There's are there's some wide receivers that'll make a difference, but they need those top level guys to take the roster up to the next level. So I don't like the idea of trading back. I love the idea of trading up. I think Ashton Janety is going to be on the range, but there's two other running backs of Marion Hampton and Traveon Henderson, who would be the number one, three down back on this team immediately.
Speaker 1: And I gotta tell you, after being a Miami Dolphins fan during the Marino years and watching him never get a Super Bowl because they never had a running game, I am inclined to say, we've got to get the running game just incredibly, incredibly good and let some of our wide receivers who are very young come along a little bit more. And I'm with you, I'd rather see your running back. We'll find out though, on Thursday, and obviously the draft will go on all weekend through all the rounds, and we'll have all the coverage here on KOA. I know the guys on the afternoon show are ready on Thursday to just jump in, and it's exciting for running