Speaker 1: Up at also shown.
Speaker 2: Yeah throw.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Throw he yawn he yawn.
Speaker 1: He thre there there there there.
Speaker 3: There all right, welcome. Well, we haven't talked theology in a while, have we. We've talked a lot about goofy things. I've been a lot of goofy videos, but we haven't gotten into one of these kind of deeper theological streams in a while. And these are not the easiest, they're not the most popular. We know, the hardcore Jason Elsi's fans enjoy them, and I want to thank you guys for tagging along for being here. Actually, I wasn't really planning on doing a theological stream, and then the more I thought about it, the more I thought, no, let's do that, because that's ultimately that's what matters. But so I was listing different things that everybody's kind of talking about, all the stuff that people are worried about. I'm goind of surprised more evangelicals aren't freaking out thinking it's the end of the world. But then again, I guess they think that QAnon is gonna save everybody or whatever. So I want to talk about prophecies anti christ. I want to talk about that kind of stuff. What the Patristic view is how there's actually solutions in the Orthodox canon of scripture that you're missing in the other canon's descripture. Now that's not to say that everybody in the other traditions gets everything wrong. They don't. But I think that you got two big things that you get in Orthodoxy that are big aids to this that you don't find in like Protestant groups, and that's the Church Fathers and the liturgy. The Church Fathers and the liturgy become key aids to help us interpret the because of the Bible itself is part of a liturgical tradition. It's part of a tradition of daily readings in the ancient Church, and the fact that they were part of those daily readings is partly how we know what the Canona Scripture is, as we've shown in many of the lectures and talks. So we have to be aware of this and understand that the liturgy is a accumulation of centuries of wisdom of the Church. Now, the reason we put such a strong belief and emphasis in the visible Church is because Christ promised to a historic visible group of people that the Holy Spirit would be with that group to lead it and guide it into truth and protect it from error. It would not be overcome by error. Doesn't mean there won't be squabbles, there won't be periods where there's a lot of people who believe error. But in Toto, the Church will never at any point be completely consumed by era. There will always be solid orthodox or right believing bishops in the world, and faithful by extension, even in periods of mass apostasy. So we're gonna get into some of these kind of tough issues tonight and some of the tough doctrines that bug a lot of people, and hopefully I can cover this in a profitable way. There's a specific article I want to bring out that a lot of people don't know about. Actually, actually there's two, so maybe I should bring both of these up. We'll get to that later. But so the first one that we want to talk about is if you've listened to the totality of the Genesis li which we completed all those we got all through the entirety of Genesis, and then you heard the important prophecy in Genesis forty nine, which is the prediction of when the Messiah would come, and when this prediction is given Jacob prophesies something very specific that is a key indicator that would let the people of Israel know that their Messiah had come. That key indicator is Genesis forty nine ten or eleven. It says, who will rouse him? The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his loins until Shiloh comes, and unto him will be the expectation of the nations. He will bind his cult to a vine, and his donkey's cult to its branch. He will wash his garments in wine his blood, and his clothes with the blood of grapes. His eyes are gladden from the vine from the wine, and his teeth are whiter than milk. This is, of course, of course, one of the classic Messianic prophecies, and so we know, I mean, even in the Jewish tradition, this is a Messianic prophety. I mean, they don't believe that it was Christ obviously, but it's pretty well known as a Messianic prophecy. What's the first thing that we're told is that the scepter, that is royal lineage, is not going to depart from the house and tribe of Judah. The law will be ex explicated and enforced by a logover in some way until Shiloh, until Messiah comes, and when he comes, he will be the expectation of the gentiles. Again, one of the great key indicators that we've covered many, many times all throughout the Old Testament is that when the Messiah comes, the gentiles will repent and turn to the God of Israel over and over and over in the Psalms, and the major prophets and the minor prophets, over and over and over and over, and even back in Genesis. Early in Genesis the prediction not just here, but realize that Jacob. All Jacob's doing is summarizing what is in the Abrahamic Covenant, the promise that when the Messiah comes, he would be the expectation. He would bless all the tribes and families and nations of the earth. And keep in mind in this time and this put your mindset in their mindset. I mean, this just seems crazy, right, It seems how in the world could God fulfill that? How could see somebody who's the seat of Abraham bless all the nations and turn these nations to the true God. How that's crazy? That's never going to happen. These people they worship, you know, demons and sticks and rocks and but and even Israel falls into worshiping holes in numbers bail Pure, the Lord of open holes. And that is exactly what you think. That's exactly what it is. Yes, the ancient Kroleian rites of but the butt liturgy. Now a few verses later, this is as Joseph is prophesying about each of the tribes of Israel what their future will be. Now, these prophecies oftentimes have a double fulfillment, so in one sense, the historical fulfillment is clearly about the tribe of Judah. Here that Judah will have a lineage, Judah will be the royal lineage. He's predicting the tribe of Judah would be the tribe that would be the royal lineage. That happened, Right, we know that in the time of the kings, right, David descends from this lineage. David is of the tribe of Judah. And we know that in the time of the kings you have the division of the kingdom. Right, Jereboma and Raybauam, the sons of Solomon have a schism within Israel, and you have the evil Northern kings who are all bad, and then you have the Southern tribe, which is the legitimate place of worship, the legitimate kings in the tribe of Judah, where the tabernacle on the temple are lawfully placed. They have a few, right, There's Josiah, there's David, but they have a lot of bad ones too. But Israel is really bad. I mean, Israel becomes the term for the northern tribes and the southern tribe Judah. Right, So what's amazing about this prophecy, first of all, is that there will be a royal lineage all the way until Messiah comes, implying that the will depart after that. So you will know when the Messiah comes when there's no more dividic kings. There are no more dividic kings. There haven't been divided kings in two thousand years. Okay. We're not here to talk about debate. We're not debating genetics in here. That's not what this topic is about. We're here to talk about old the biblical theology. Okay, So we're not going to get into these debates about this stuff anyway. This has nothing to do with Ashkenazi stuff. We're not debating that. So there's an interesting prophecy though after this, which, by the way, let me add that this shows you that God is not inherently opposed to monarchy, because this is a prediction of a monarchy. This is a prediction of a royal scepter in the royal lineage through David. And so this dumb argument that people have by the time that we get to judges, who judges is the treatise against the moner because they had they had judges. The book says that because there's no king in Israel, everybody did what was right in their own eyes. It's an anti judges treatise. The whole Book of Judges is a treatise for monarchy. So it's just really kind of idiotic when people think that, oh, the bibbles against Mourner, No, it's not. Jesus is the king of kings, so it's not against monarchy. There are warnings, right, What does Samuel warn everybody? He says, if you ask for the king, he says, it's gonna be bad for you. Why is it going to be bad. He's gonna take your daughters, He's gonna take your h O. E s's make them make them h O. Yes, why because of the institution itself? No, because he says, you guys want a king after the nations. What did the Pagans around Israel do? They worshiped their kings. They viewed their kings, their warrior lord or lord kings. They viewed them as semi divine or divine. All right. The ancient inscriptions of the coins of Caesar they call Caesar the son of God. The pagan kings always foisted themselves upon their masses as divine or semi divine. Pharaoh is the apex between heaven and Earth. That's why it's a pyramid, right, So if you're if you're familiar with this, this is pretty common. So in ancient Egyptian metaphysics, this is the this world, this is the earth. It's a pyramid. At the top here is Pharaoh, and he is the meeting point, the bridge between heaven and Earth. And that's why he's at the top of the pyramid, because he is the tarnate. You can say raw. He's raw on earth in human incarnation, not in a biblical sense. He's not incarnate like the Son of God or something like that in the Egyptian metaphysic, it's more like pantheism. Everything is God, but not you. You're just like lower down on that pyramid. Really, it's they that's good, not you. Right, hold on, I'm gonna race this race board, all right. So h and by the way, I've got you. In my Ancient Metaphysics talks, we cover that all that Egyptian metaphysics and whatnot. You can you'll find those old talks. They're they're pretty old, they are time tested. You can find those. So we have this prediction of when the Messiah would be more and there will be signs that a company it. The signs would be that there would no longer be a royal house, a royal lineage. The Gentiles will begin to convert and guess what this happened? When did this happen? When did the scepter depart from Judah? Well, in seventy a d. There was a very important event that happened, and it was the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. So now we want to look at one of the key texts that shows us this, and we want to stress this because this is very important for vindicating the Bible when we have done theology. When we are idiots and get this wrong, we undermine our own view and our own coherency, our own worldview, our own proof texts. And I'm going to show you that this is the Patristic view. I mean, maybe a lot of you don't know this, but this is a common mistake people make. They're going to stick everything in the future, and they're going to undermine and miss one of the key proofs of our position. If you look at Luke twenty one, Jesus says he looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, and he saw a certain poor widow putting in two mites. And he said, truly, I said to you, this poor widow has put in more than all for these, out of their abundance, have put in offerings for God. But she, out of her poverty, in all the livelihood that she had. Then some of them spoke of the temple and how it was adorned with beautiful stones and donations. And he said, the things that you see this temple, the days will come in which not one stone will be left upon another that will not be torn down. And they asked the teacher when will this be what will be the sign that these things are about to take place? Take heed you the people standing in front of him. This is a key. This is a big mistake. Especially people who don't know how to interpret texts, who not studied or taken any courses on hermeneuticts. They'll say, oh, this is talking about the end of the world. Now, it does have an application to the end of time. It has an application to all throughout time, right, But we don't divorce it from the immediate historic context.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: This is called the grammatical historical, the literal level of interpretation. So at this basic level, which is what's going to build the rest of the Hermititic layers on, we understand the immediate context and the immediate audience. Who is Jesus talking to here? It's not directly talking to me, right, I might have like evangelical superpower feeling.
Speaker 4: Say it's talking to me, dude, Jesus talking to me.
Speaker 3: That's prelest. Yes, he's talking to you in a general sense, But the Bible isn't written to you. Okay, that's like schizophrenia level stuff.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: That's why a lot of the people in the world think that religious people are wackos. The book's not talking to you, dude, not in that way. So how do we understand how this applies to us? And again, I'm gonna show you that everything I'm telling you is one in line with the teaching of the Church fathers. This is not I know this because I made all these dumb mistakes. I'm not saying I'm schizophrenic, but I was raised Evangelical. I was raised Protestant.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, justum in the world. Let me get my prophecy charts out. I'm gonna chart out this out of the end of the world, and we're gonna blow the show far. The trumpet judgments are coming. John Hagen.
Speaker 3: Readmind new book. My name's John Hagee, and I have eaten twenty four blood moons, twenty four blood move twenty four moon by blood Moons ususual is not the most raw I had to throw at John Hagen in there for you guys. I'll know you guys. Everybody loves the John Hagen. What does it say? It says take heed that you being out in deceived. Many will come in my name, they will say, I am he. The time is not yet drawn near it. Do not go after them. But when you hear of wars and commotions, don't be terrified, for these things must come to pass first. The end will not come immediately. The end of what in the world, not in the immediate context. The end of the world is not what Jesus talking about. Jesus is talking about the temple. That's what they're talking about. You see this, I'm gonna tell you. When this temple is about to be ripped down. He says, nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes in many places, famines, pestilenceys, fearful signs, and great signs from heaven. But before all these things that will lay hands will persecute you, and they will deliver you to synagogues. Are we all being delivered up to synagogues for the people who think that we're suddenly in times right now? No, but the disciples were delivered up, weren't they In the Book of Acts exactly? Guess what everything that Jesus listed, there's examples of that. In Books of Acts. There's earthquakes, there are famines and pestilences mentioned. Have you read Josephus. I have. Josephus was an eyewitness to the destruction of temple of the temple, and he mentions all these things. In fact, I wrote a graduate paper, now, an undergraduate paper, and I'll put it here. Here is one of my undergraduate papers on this very topic. Go read that, where I cite extensively from Josephus, the eyewitness to this stuff. Anyway, back to the text, it says, they will deliver you up to the synagogues and prisons, but you will be brought before kings and rulers. For my namesake, there's not a whole lot of kings in the world today. Are we all going to be brought before the king of Monaco and being persecuted? So how many kings are there? Really?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: But it will turn out to you for an occasion for testimony. Well, guess what. That happens multiple times in the Book of Acts, doesn't it. Paul before Felix, Paul before Agrippa. Yeah. Therefore, do not set it in your hearts to meditate beforehand what you will answer, for I will give you a mouth and a wisdom that all your adversaries will not be able to resist. Act seven, when Saint Stephen Jesus speaks directly through prophesies through Saint Stephen. I'm sorry, but John Hagy is not prophesying. Jesus is not speaking through John Hagen. You will be betrayed by your parents and brothers and relatives, and they will put you to death, and you will be hated by all for by namesake, but not a hair of your heads will be lost by your patients, possess your souls. When you immediate context, when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, know that its destruction is near. How could it be any more clear than this? This is talking about what happened forty years later. Jerusalem was surrounded by armonies and it was destroyed. Then, let you, in the immediate context here, who are in Judea fleet to the mountains. Let those who are in the midst of her depart, for those who are in the country enter her. For these the days of vengeance, in which all things written in the prophets are to be fulfilled. For woe to those who are pregnant and nursing in those days, for there will be great distress in the land and wrouth upon this people. This is not talking about a global catastrophe. It's talking about the destruction of Jerusalem in seventy eighty. Now we know that at this time, and many of these people fled to Petra in places like this right to because they were warned. Am I supposed to flee to Judea? Am I supposed to leave Tennessee and flee to Judea? Is this talking about all the Christians in the world, but to flee to Judea. That's ridiculous. That's idiotic. Stop being idiotic. What else does he say? You better hope your journey is not on the Sabbath. We don't keep the Sabbath in the way that it was kept at this time. This is during the period when the Sabbath is still being kept. In the Book of Acts, it's the transition period. Seventy a d completes the transition period from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant. It's not just Jesus' death, roren, resurrection and ascension the Book of Acts, remember Pentecost. Isn't Pentecost part of the Escaton being brought into reality? Of course, it is. Joel predicts in the last days, the spirit will be poured out upon all my people handmaids as well. What is that talking about. Is that talking about the the blood Moons of Isruel? It mentions the blood Moon, doesn't it? But how does Acts interpret the Book of Joel? Does it say that it's the end of the world and John Hagen's goofy church. No, it says that at Pentecost. In Acts too, Joel is being fulfilled. Do you see that what Joel is talking about is the exact same thing Jesus is talking about. Now, this is an interesting text here he says, these people, somehow in this nation that had rejected him, they will fall by the edge of the sword. They will be led away captive into all the nations. That's not talking about the end of the world. That happened forty years later the diaspora. Don't you know basic history? No, Evangelic don't know basic history. By the way, a lot of Protestants and Orthodox get this wrong as well. And we're going to see the Church fathers rebuking many protest Orthots and Catholics on this topic. In fact, I'm gonna even show you in Catholic teaching, Catholic liturgy talks about preterism. But you didn't know that, did you? And I found that in a trad work. I couldn't believe it an old trad Missile actually mentions preterism. It's amazing anyway, rare fine, rare gems. Nobody else has ever noticed this or talked about this. Jerusalem will be trampled by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. Now, even the evangelicals in their own wrong goofy interpretation of this can't make sense of that text because they've put that at the end of the world. So Jerusalem is going to be trampled by gentiles.
Speaker 1: For what.
Speaker 3: Three and a half years? But he just said that the Jews are gonna be led captive into all the other nations. That's not talk about the end of the world. That's what happened forty years later after he said this. Now I'm gonna there's many many more texts we're gonna look at. But you understand the import of this. If you move all this to the future, all unfulfilled, the force of all of this argumentation, the force of the reality that was brought at the First Advent is gone. The Church is no longer the actuality of Heaven on Earth. It's some aschotological thing at the end of time. That's not here. Now we're still waiting on all this stuff. Right. Oh, it's a dispensation of a different Plan B. No, there's no Plan B. Christ is the fulfillment of all the covenants in him. Every promise of God is yeay. Paul says, it's not some postpone thing. That's crazy talk. Nobody believed that dumb heresy until one hundred years ago. Looking for my other Bible, because I've got some interesting notes in there. Now as we read on cosmic signs, Josephus describes all these cosmic signs. What do you mean there were no cosmic signs in the first century, mister evangelical, Yes there were. Josephis describes them. He was an eyewitness. The powers of heaven will be shaken. We lose the powers of heaven shooking first suit you do you know what it means when the prophets use the term the powers of heaven will be shaken. In Isaiah Knight, I think it's nineteen Off the top of my head, there's a text where it says God will come into Egypt and destroy Egypt. Isaiah's prophesies. God will return, He will come the powers of heaven will be shaken. He said, it would be like the luminaries will fall. That means the rulers. Luminaries represent rulers, doesn't always mean literally the sun and the moon fall down and everything's destroyed. Now, at the end of the world, there will be a renovation of the entire creation. Yes, but that's not what this is talking about. Did God return in Isaiah nineteen to Egypt when he uses the exact same phraseology and language of Luke twenty one? No, of course not. Did the whole Was all of heaven destroyed in Isaiah nineteen. No, And that's talking about a prophecy in Isaiah's day against Egypt. So people get confused and they get muddled, and they don't know what they're talking about because they don't actually know their Bible from cover to cover.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So one of the advantages of being immersed in Protestanism forever and ever ever is that you do get to know your Bible if you take it seriously right, and then you you weed out a lot of these mistakes, and then you go and you read the Church fallows and you realize they had they had it right the whole time, Like you could have just you know, gone to them anyway. But I'm going to show you that that, interestingly, most of the Eastern Fathers, the important Eastern Fathers, they actually were preterists. They got this right. Why this wasn't as common in the Latin West, I'm not sure that could be attributed to many reasons, who knows, but we know that the Eastern Church, the Eastern Fathers were consistent, they got it right. I'm even going to show you modern monastic works right that talk about preterism. Anyway, Now, we're not full preterists. That's heresy. Full pradism is utterly, totally unorthodox. I can't believe that all the resurrection, everything is already fulfilled. That's crazy. Anyway. Well, let's see, so this comes up all the time in our discord. Is part of the reason I'm doing this is to have something to refer to so we don't have to keep giving this talk over and over and over, because I've given this explanation about twenty times in discord. So then he goes on to talk about the fig tree. The fig tree always represents Israel. Israel is withering, right, It's a worthless fig tree. It hasn't produced the fruit that is supposed to. I got dusty books out its almost start sneezing it again. And another one of the key texts that we want to know for this. So Luke is good because in Luke twenty one it's actually a little clearer than Matthew twenty four. They're both the all of that discourse, obviously, right. But if you go back to Matthew twenty three, right before Matthew twenty four, which is Matthew's version of what's in Luke twenty one, Jesus says he's talking about the fate of Israel. It's the same context. He says, Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who stones the prophets and those sent to you. How I would have gathered you together as children, as a hen gathers er chicken ers win. But you were not willing. Your house is left to you desolate. This is a prediction of seventy eighty. That's what is talking. It's talking about seventy year else has left you desolate? What do you think it means? Desolation? What's the abomination of desolation?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Well, that whole chapter of twenty three is a rebuke to that generation, the generation of his day that rejected him. That whole chapter is a rebuke of that generation. And that generation is what's going to undergo seventy a d. Which is the culmination of all of the covenant curses. All those predictions of covenant curses are going to be exacted upon that generation. From the murder of Able to the murder of Zacharia between the Altar, all of that will come in culmination as the measure of their iniquity fills up upon that generation of Jesus day because they rejected the Son of God. So when we understand that, we begin to understand. Now, wait a minute. The fall of Jerusalem originally to the Babylonians right from five to eighty six, that fall is emblematic of the future falls. And I'm going to show you that this was true even in the Old Testament. This is not some made up Christian hermenudy. This was true even back then. So we're all familiar with. If you get to the end of the Books of the Kings, right, that's when Israel falls and they're taken captive. Both first the northern tribe falls I think to the Syrians, and then the Southern tribe falls Babylonians, right, and they're led into captivity, and then they have the seventy years of Babylonian captivity. So the prophets will speak of this period of captivity, and of course Daniel is one of the most important for this time of captivity. And that's why when we see Daniel two, we noticed that he gives a prediction of successive world empires. The first imagery that describes the success of world empires is the giant Idyl of Nebukineser's dream. Everybody's familiar with, hopefully the story of Daniel and Nebukinese's dream, and it predicts the success of world empires the Babylonian, Middle Persian, Greeks, and Romans. Later on we have in Daniel another dream, another vision, and Daniel sees beasts all right. Now, this is later on in eleven. But before we get to Daniel eleven, there's in Daniel nine there's a prediction, famous prediction of the seventy weeks. I'm not going to get into this the minutia because we would be here all night and it's it's a lot of debated stuff. Let's stick to what's obvious.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: And what's obvious is that if you have the Orthodox Bible and the Canon of Scripture according to the Orthodox Church, and if you notice the notes on Daniel nine, what's the first text that's mentioned there? The Epistle of Barnabas, one of the early Patristic writings, not in the Canon Scripture, but it's very early. Chapter sixteen observes that this chapter Daniel nine, twenty four to twenty seven is fulfilled when the temple and the sanctuary were destroyed in seventy eighty. The Orthodox Study Bible has it right here. Yes, preterism. Barnabas also points out that the true temple is the body of Christ. That's why Jesus says, destroy the temple and I'll raise it again in three days. Spiritual temple is His body. By extension the church as well. Thus, the seventy weeks here is meant seventy weeks of years four hundred and ninety years seventy times seven. The prophecy applies to Jeremiah's seventy years. This is why Daniel in the book says, I figured this out by reading jeremiah patterns. So, unless you wanted to reject Daniel from scripture. Daniel in the Old Testament is admitting the pattern and recurring pattern principle of hermautics in the Old Testament itself. This is because people who oppose our position, they say, oh, that's not you're violating, that's not improper hermoneutic. You can't just you can't take a prediction in the Old Testament and make patterned applications of Oh, really, well, Daniel does. Saint Hippolotists says, this is about the coming of the Messiah. Saint Hypologists gives this a preterist interpretation. The Epistle of barne of Us gives us a predorist interpretation. This is not talking about the end of the world. And guess what if Daniel nine is predist according to these father then Matthew twenty four and Luke twenty one are also preterists because they're talking about the same event. Why do I know that? What does it say? The prophecy says after sixty two weeks, All right, Messiah the Prince is who's predicted here. I think everybody knows clearly that's the Messiah, right, Although some of the goofy evangelicals think Messiah the prince is the Antichrist, which is utterly ridiculous. But after sixty weeks an annoyed one would be put to death. All right, that's the death of Christ. Come on here, let's stop being stupid. Okay, there will be a judgment for him. There will be no upright judge for him. He will destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince who is coming. Titus, the Roman warrior, is who destroyed Rusalem. Jesus says, do you remember the parable of the vine dressers? He says, what will happen to the vine dressers when the king comes back? He will bring his armies and he will destroy those wicked people. Matthew twenty two. Jesus says, this is what's going to happen in seventy eighty. Do you understand that this is why seventy eighty is so important. It's the end. It's the culmination of the end of the Mosaic economy and by extension, the entire Old Testament economy. They shall appoint the city for desolations. This is the abomination of desolation. Then he will confirm a covenant with many for one week, and in the middle of the week, the sacrifice and the drink offering will be taken away, and there will be in the temple the abomination of desolation. And at the end of time, and at the end of the time, excuse me, an end to the desolation shall be appointed. Let's go back a little bit, because it actually starts in I read twenty six skip up to twenty four seventy weeks or a determine for your people for the Holy City to make an end to sins. This is the measure of the sins of these people, Jesus says. All of the culmination of the sins will come upon this generation. From righteous Able to Zachariah, this generation, and thus all things written in the prophets will be fulfilled, Jesus says to the generation standing in front of him. Once you know this and then you read through the gospels, this is so obvious. Of course, that's what he say. He's not talking about John Hagey and the end of the world crappy. So I'm about the generation standing in front of him. I'm not saying there's no application to the end of the world. We'll get to that. No, And therefore know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the word to be answered, and to build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince. There will be seventy two weeks. Excuse me, there shall be seven weeks and sixty two weeks. Then he will return. The streets in the wall will be rebuilt, and the time will be left desolate. And after sixty two weeks the annoyed to one will be put to death. So it's finishing iniquity. It's also to atone for iniquity and to bring in everlasting righteousness, to end and seal up the visions and the prophecies, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. This is all what Jesus did. Jesus brings eternal righteousness. Jesus atones for sin. Jesus ends the old Covenant economy. Just read the Book of Hebrews. The Book of Hebrews is about this. It proves this. The whole book is saying that Christ has brought the reality. We don't need temples, we don't need animal sacrifices, we don't need those old mosaic administration implements anymore because they're fulfilled in Christ and in the Church. The Church is a continuation of Israel. Once you have this mindset, this becomes a very powerful prediction and prophecy. And you'll note in the text in the note twenty four through twenty seven that there is a helpful because we have duterocanonical second Esdras, right, we have Esdras Nehemiah right, second Esdras that if we want to date it roughly in what's mentioned in second Esdras seven, seven and eight, then we under Artiser sees then we have a good case for the actual specific dating. Now that's debated. That's fine. I'm not that interested in the exact pinpoint because even if you don't have that view, this is still believed to be written before Rome. So unless you have some view that I'm not aware of, that Daniel wrote after the Roman Empire, which I've never heard anybody propose that this is talking about successive world empires. This is talking about and I don't this isn't even debated like the four successive empires from He's dating it from the time of Daniel. I mean the Babylonian captivity. It's a babylon you know, Persians, right, Darius Cyrus that stuff right, Remember that in Isaiah and Daniel, the Greeks, when we have Alexander and Antiochus, Seppefanese and then Rome. And I don't think anybody down now think of the stupidity of taking these empires and then taking the last empire under which the Messiah will be worn according to Daniel, and saying that that's the Eu, like these goofy Avenge, think how stupid that is. It's not the EU that destroys the whole prophecy of Jesus being born under the fourth Empire after the Greeks, that's Rome. Jesus is born under the Roman Empire. The Gospels make it a point to say that, to show that it's fulfilling what Daniel predicted. Now things get difficult, yes they are, Harry, they're difficult when we come to the sections in Daniel ten and eleven about the Angelic Visitor, in particular chapter eleven, which appears to be about the Maccabies, right because it talks about Antiochus, it talks about the Greeks, so it's predicting, and it mentions in Daniel eleven the abomination of desolation. How do we solve this? Well, guess what if you have the view that I just told you of mirrored events, you know exactly how to solve this because if you read Maccabees, then you know that there's a desolation that occurs under the Maccabees, and not just under the Maccabees. It happens in third Maccabees, undertole of Me. So there's not just one abomination of desolation the temple gets desecrated. There's an abomination, abomination that makes for desolations more than once. Now how do I know that? Ultimately? Because Jesus cites Daniel. Jesus cites Daniel's abomination of desolation. And what's Jesus talking about. We all know he's talking about seventy eight. We know that's what he's talking about. When the Romans come in, they desecrate the temple, just like the Babylonians had back in five eighty six BC, just like Antiochus does. The Greek, one of Alexander's underlings, he sacrifices a pig on the altar. Antiochus does. That's what makes the Maccabees so furious. He desecrates the temple. He's a type of Antichrist. He's a satanically inspired individual who is mocking God by that action. Have you not read Maccabee's That's what the whole book's about. It occurs again ptold of me P told me is a Egyptian ruler. And in third Maccabees there's another type of this event. By the way, Jeremiah predicts these same events, right, Jeremiah speaks of the abomination of desolation in Jeremiah four. This is the proof for my view. It's something my view. I just got this from what the prophets themselves did in terms of hermeneutics. I didn't invent this, and it's the way that the church fathers apply this text.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So if you read Jeremiah four, we did a whole lecture on Jeremiah. Go listen to that. You will see the same four animals of Daniel. When Daniel says I read Jeremiah to get my hermaeneutic in this pattern, he's not doing anything different than what Jeremiah did. Jeremiah has the same animals, the same beasts. Now that we understand this, it's that easy, right. And by the way, when you read into let's see Jeremiah, this continues the curses upon the people. All you have to do is understand that it's a recurring pattern. It's that easy. And the key. The key to this is the maccabies. It's Jeremiah eight, by the way. So what I'm saying here is that this term abomination that makes for decl of abomination of desolation is when the altar is defiled, when a pagan ruler comes in and defiles the altar. It happens in five eighty six base BC with the Babbylony captivity. This is predicted in Jeremiah thirty six and thirty seven. Right, this is what Daniel's talking about when he says I was reading Jeremiah to figure all this out. It says that I prayed, and Gabriel came and explained all this to me. So Daniel prophesying under the captivity. You see, he's after Jeremiah. He says, I went back, I read the scrolls of Jeremiah. God enlightened me. Gabriel came, explained me the Gabriel hermeneutic, which is the right hermaudic, and then I saw what was going on. I saw the coming world empire, the same ones that Jeremiah predicted, the same beasts. Do you understand that it's the same animals. Now, how dumb is it, how dumb and undermining of our whole thing to take the fourth Beast, rip it out of the fulfillment of the Roman Empire and the birth of the Messiah and apply this to some stupid EU stuff. But the EU has a poster with the tar bubbon. Yeah, I know that, But so what we don't do hermoneudicts by posters and reading that back into the Bible. That's retarded, totally stupid. You just destroyed the one of the strongest proofs for the religion by doing that, you idiot. And by the way, what was that just reading the catechetical lectures of Seid people get there? You you so mean to people? You could the catechetical lectures of Saint Cyril. Have you read those? No, you haven't, But if you do, look at the way he talks about people who are here a lot like he's he's the most intense I've seen, Like Saint Cyril. He just like he's like, you're demonic, you're the mouths of heretics. You're there, the mouths of heretics, of the gates of Hell. He says, they're fools, they're idiots. They're every name in the book. He has no problem in his catechises. Did you hear that he's teaching catechumens. He calls the heretics a bunch of idiots, fools, demons. Me calling them retarto is being nice compared to the way Saint Cyril speaks of them in the category of elections. So anyway, so this I think is the solution to this Maccabee's uh, and there is, it's in it's right away right first mccabee's first few chapters is the abomination there, this is what sparks the Maccabees to revolt. And then yeah, so the abomination of desolation. Now this is after Daniel. You see. So I'm going to prove this if we open up second Let's mentioned in Second Macabees two, but let's go to first Macabees and we'll see that this Antichrist move is an attempt to stamp out the missile. Why are they doing this? Why do these pagan emperors even care? Well, we know that it's actually inspired by Satan, who back in Genesis three was told that the seed of the woman is going to crush the head of the serpent. So he knows that from this lineage, somebody's coming that's going to be a problem for him. Now, he doesn't know everything, he's not omniscient, so he doesn't have the full picture, but he knows that he needs to get rid of this group, this people group. This is why the Jews are constantly persecuted in the Old Testament. And so in a first Maccabe's Chapter one, we have the Abomination of Desolation, verse fifty four. They set up the abomination of desolation and the altar of the whole burnt offering and brought the altars in the surrounding cities of Jerusalem, of Judah. They burned incense at the door, found the Book of the Law, burn them. They burned up the book. They found the Book of the Covenant, blah blah blah, and it says they wanted to kill everybody they acted against Israel. Okay, so why they want to kill everybody because the Messiah is going to be born of this people. Right now, Antiochus Epiphanes is not that intelligence. He doesn't know what's going on. Right Antiochis pillages the temple. He's just a possessed idiot, right, But behind him is that Satanic spirit, same spirit behind the babyloon in captivity. So then we have the story of the Maccabees, right, and then the abomination comes up again in six where they Antiochus the fourth is about to die. The abomination is still there, the idol on top of the temple or the alter excuse me, and so Judas Macabeas turns it tears it down. Is the Judas somebody tears it down. They pulled down the abomination. They do in pracatory prayers. By the way, we have the mention of Rome beginning to rise, and this fulfills Daniels in chapter eight. This fulfills Daniel's prediction of the Fourth beasts the bottom of the of nevcan eesers image right the feet of the image in chapter nine of First Maccabees. That right. They keep trying to destroy the temple. They keep trying to destroy it. The bomination is okay. So in chapter twelve of Maccabees.
Speaker 2: We have.
Speaker 3: I have a note here on our semi note. I don't know you can read chapter twelve, but once again you'll see that this is a mirroring. The abomination is mirrored. In seventy eighty Accorney Luke twenty one. But that's not all. Now, keep in mind, if you're evangelical, you don't have maccabees, you don't have this key insight of seeing that Daniel nine is mirrored. Now, maybe you could derive it just from reading Jeremiah and Daniel. That's plausible. But I think this is a key insight because let's see if we move to second mccabee's I think I think it comes up again. Abomination comes up again in second mccabee's five. Yes, once again. The attempt is to stamp out this race of people, and to do so they want to destroy the worship of this race of people. You see, That's why this is so key. Yes, And then in chapter six, second mac Be six, you have the persecution Athens versus Jerusalem here and they try to destroy the temple polluted again. They put up an image of Zeus, Zeus the Hospitable, and they want the Jews to stop following the law of God. Now again, why do they want to destroy this race of people? Now, all the pagan LARPers, the Jews or bud No, it's because they're bringing the Messiah, that's who. And Satan doesn't know. He might have known the Davidic prophecies, but he doesn't know how this is going to all go down, right, He just knows if he can stamp out this race, this people, which is what Pharoh tried to do and who else all these rulers try to do in Maccabees and what Herod tries to do. Right, Remember when Herod does Herod does the exact same thing that's favor now again to prove the repeating pattern view, there's a yet another character in Third Maccabees, another abomination of desolation. In Third Maccabees, the character of Ptolemy told me yet another type of Antichrist. Uh third Maccabee's chapter two here this is this one's fascinating because Ptolemy seems to be an even clearer type of Antichrist than Antiochus was, because what does it say in the note here at the end of two he tries to mark everybody with his dionys In Pagan Mystery religion mark right, look at two twenty eight and twenty nine. And the notes in the Orthodox study Bell were really good because they point out Ptolemy registered to those those registered are those who willingly comply. They are branded with the mark of allegiance that will be permanent. Some people in ancient times would brand themselves as a symbol of their god. Here it is the ivy leaf. Saint John predicts a similar mark when Antichrist comes Revelation thirteen, sixteen seventeen and the note on twenty eight said battle lines are drawn here for an unseen spiritual warfare. The Jews must worship, must not worship their god by the dictator of Ptolemy, and everyone in Alexandria must sacrifice to the god Dionysius. The census is of the slaves and the servant classes, seemingly unique to Alexander, the juer effectively becoming the property of the states. So we have like a statism. This is the beast, right that the beast is the state proclaiming itself God. And in the apocalypse, of course it has a religion that goes along with it, the false prophet. But the beast is the state. It's a state power who has along with it a false prophet, the whore, the hoe, which is the false religion. But I just want to point out that third Maccabees and told of me with his mark. Imagine that and a whole other type and pattern, recurring pattern of an antichrist figure who tries to mark everybody so that they can have commerce and all that and live in the world. Right, and if you don't have maccabees, and by the way, Orthodox have third Maccabees. You see, so yet another proof that we have another testament to our view that the other people don't have. All right, let me pour a little more coffee, because it's late and we're having a late night theology stream with whow four hundred and fifty people. I didn't know this many people would be interested in first, second, third Macabees in old Testament predictions. Now, if you would smash like, give me that like, and I much appreciate that, and let me pour a little coffee. Listen to a little bit of sweet amid the ruins dire wave. Give me about thirty seconds. Don't run off, don't run off, be're right back, all right, welcome, thank you, glad to see you all here. We got a room of almost two hundred nerds. I'm sure the nerds will pile in then we can get up to about three hundred to night.
Speaker 6: We'll see it's your boy Jay in the house. You boy can't see me.
Speaker 3: All right, I got some more firewater. By that, I mean coffee, I don't mean spirits. I don't drink. It's weird how I've never have a desire to drink at all. Ever. I used to love alcohol my twenties. I drink all the time, and thankfully. I mean yeah, I mean I wasn't like a super drunk, but I did drink too much and then just went away. It's crazy, no desire ones, I don't ever.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 3: It's just I don't know. It's a weird thing. Wish I could be I'd be delivered by from my other vices so easily, like get rid of the other The other ones are a little harder, right, It's like the other ones are quitting, quitting alcohol, quitting smoking cigarettes. Those are easy compared to the other vices, you know what I mean, Like pride and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: All right, let's see what was I going to do next? We talked about the beasts third Macabees. Okay, so let's look at uh some of the texts.
Speaker 3: Now. I believe that the apocalypse follows the structure roughly of the all of that discourse. So I do think they're talking about the same event. The best case, in my view, you have another video. I'm not going to go onto the Antichrist character itself, but if you want to watch my video on Antichrist, just try Jade Antichrist into YouTube and you'll get mine. It's not about ten thousand music. I spent about forty minutes kind of outlining my view of Antichrist. Nero is the immediate context. Now, I don't believe that it's only Nero right. Everything's not fulfilled in the first century. That's crazy. That's a heresy. There are people who are full predists. I do believe that is a heresy that's completely out of a chord with the entire history of Orthodox Christianity, the bodily Resurrection, all of that. So no, we don't believe full preterism. So what's the solution. Well, let's start with the monastic text. That is a good one to read. Now, unfortunately this is out of print. I've mentioned it many times at Ortho Christian There is a summary article. There's an article that's he printed out. It's about ten pages and it's a summary of this booklet which is like fifty pages roughly, but there's a great text in here that kind of lays out my view. So I was actually surprised when I read because I thought, oh, they're not going to mention preterism. It's going to be it's going to be all these speculations. And it's not. It's that this is not bad. It's actually mainly just what the Church fathers say, so it's not too much speculation. Pretty good overall. I would say that this this book is pretty accurate probably how things are going to go down. I'm not saying we're in in times, so we're not going there. I'm just trying to give you guys caution here. This is what we're trying to do. We want accurate view, we don't want to go into sensationalism and speculations. So the Holy Fathers of the Church explain how all these words about Matthew twenty four Luke twenty one are a prototype. Excuse me, let me go back. The Holy Fathers of the Church explain that these words the glad tidings of the Kingdom, will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a witness to all the nations, and then the incomes This points to the destruction of Jerusalem in seventy eighty as a prototype of the future. Greater tribulations will come when the fury of this prophecy is fulfilled at the end of time. The fall of Jerusalem is symbolic of the end of the world. Terrible though it was, it was only a shadow of what is to come upon mankind at the end. Yes, so we want to notice that that is our pattern of hermeneutics. Here they go on to note, in addition, many believers begin will follow after many four run to Antichrist. Okay, so they will mention it mentions that there are many Antichrists. And so then it goes into many of the church fathers right talking about what to expect one world religion type thing, eventually mass apostasy in the church, as Paul predicts a one at some point, not saying that right now this is the mass aposta. It could be we may we may be getting there. But here's the key thing. The other thing I wanted to mention from this text, which is that, uh, one of the elders, I think I've marked it on one of the saints. I thinks. Anyway, they make the point that we don't have to worry about that. Okay, we're not goofy evangelicals who sit around trying to make big prophecy charts all day to figure out when the end of the world, the rapture is all that nonsense. The closer that we get to the end, the Saints say, the clearer it will be, so we don't have to worry about that. We don't have to worry about news headlines and trying to is John when he talks about the scorpions, is that a helicopter with a nuke attached to it? Just now, we don't have to worry about that, And I don't think John's talking about helicopters with nukes. By the way, the Saints are clear that as the time gets closer that we will know it's it's gonna be obvious. Okay, it's not gonna be like nobody's gonna know except five people in a monastery somewhere. I mean it will be obvious when we see these things coming to pass, right, so that we can be I mean it'll be obvious to us in the church. I'm saying it's not gonna be obvious to everybody because a lot of people are gonna fall for all this deception and nonsense, right, But to those in the church it will be obvious because they will know these pretty clear signs. And this this book goes into mentioning you know all of what the church fathers speak of as the key signs. You know, things like there will be a one world religion that will be enforced. It will be the same as the ancient pagan mystery religions. There will be a world government, there will be an Antichrist figure. There will be a false religion that is promoted, and then the anti Christ casts that off and says, you have to worship me now, hahaha, tricked you that false religion wasn't the real deal. It worshiped me, or you know, you can't do anything a mass apostasy. The Church in whole apostatizes. And as you've heard me say many times, the church fathers teach us you don't like this, It's not my fault. It's what the church teaches, it's what Paul teaches. And it is true. This will occur whether you believe it or not. And that means that you can't say that there are no more Jews. That's dumb. Now, I'm not saying that that means that evangelical stuff's right. It's not. John Hagen's not right. But it's also not right. What all these idiot LARPers and trads think that there are no more Jews? That's dumb. That's not true. That's not the patristic view. How can the church fathers say that the Jews will be converted there's no more Jews, dune, that's dumb. How can there be Jews being mentioned for centuries in the church the Church's canons. If Jews don't exist after the first that's ridiculous. What are you talking about? Total ignorance of church history. I know what the Talmud says. I know all that stuff, right, So don't bring me that because it doesn't matter because the Church, the New Testament teaches that eventually there will be a conversion. Now I've changed my view on the Enoch and Elijah thing. I used to think the Enoch and Elijah thing was purely in the first century, and it was I don't know, some prophesying between thirty to seventy eighty and Israel, you know who knows in the spirit of Enoch and Elijah but I actually think that probably Enoch and Elijah will have to return. I mean, that's the only way that people would actually believe, right, I mean, it would take something that wild for you know, people in Israel to convert. That's my suspicion. But there's a whole chapter on Enoch and Elijah here. Most of our saints think that that would probably occur. Now, it does mention the attempt to cease the liturgy. I would not jump on. I mean, because all the world's liturgies haven't ceased, because I wouldn't jump on Kurunka on all this stuff. Oh, it's the end of the world because of Karunka. Not yet. I mean, there's a lot of other things that we haven't seen yet that are going to be clear as the end of the world. Okay, so let's we're not jumping to end of the world yet. I mean, Karunka is fake and hey, uh so, I mean is that really like an End Times plague? Come on, no, it's not. That's crazy. Look, the End Times plagues don't sound fake and gay, they sound real. Right, So anyway, we're not going to do a whole lecture on apostas. But I do recommend this treatise. I think it's really good from Holy Transfiguration Monastery because it's just it's just a collection of whether Church Father said. That's all it is. It's not even it's not really any speculations.
Speaker 1: Going on in there.
Speaker 3: But it's good because it mentions the importance of preterism. Okay, so first let's look at Basil. Okay, So Athenacious Athanatius has multiple texts where he speaks of the partial predist view. And because I have read significant almost all of this volume, or a large portion of this voey, I can tell you. Okay, So on the Incarnation one twelve is applied to Christ in the First Advent Daniel nine, as you've heard me explicating, it is read of the First Advent, and on the Incarnation thirty nine and forty. There is still a second Advent to come, however, so he's not a full predteris. On the Incarnation one fifty six, Letter sixty, section seven speaks of preterism in seventy eighty. I can't even read my notes. Something old testament fulfilled festal Letter four four and five, Letter one seven and eight speaks of seventy eighty. Now those are just the ones I've noticed. There's more. There's more. So there are some prederist texts and Athanasius if you want to write those downs Catechetical Lectures of Saint Cyril of Jerusalem that I mentioned, which I read all these ten years ago. I took copious notes on the catechetical lectures. Where's the where's the prederist tips? I've got a a note for thee here it is. He interestingly does what I do with Isaiah. So if you read Catechetical Lectures sixteen, eighteen, and nineteen, that is applied to the First Advent seventy eight Isaiah one eight. By the way, you can just look these up really quickly. They're all online New Advent. You can look up the catechetical lectures.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So that's at least one from Saint Cyril. Okay, so one of the best, of course, chrystalstom on Matthew Matthew twenty four Homily fifty seventy five on Matthew twenty four seventy a d. He says, is the immediate context the Wars of Jerusalem. And he says, but that is a type of the end of the world again. Saint John Chrystals homily is seventy five on Matthew twenty four. The whole homily is all about preterism. Do you know how many people I've had telling me, George, uh epistol? Is it that I already mentioned the pistol? Yeah? I mentioned the pistol of Barnabas, didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Eusebius the famous Church history Eusebius Chapter seven, Book three, Chapter seven, the Predictions of Christ. Well, guess what abomination of desolation? Joe Cephas chapter eight signs seventy eighty destruction of the temple. Now there is one that I remember something. John Damascus mentions it somewhere anyway, But if you go back and listen to my lectures in Johnamascus on the exposition orthdox Faith, I mentioned it in those lectures. Now that's just ones that I've noticed. There's more, But man, the Eastern fathers aren't a lot more. Now, Hippolytiss is a Latin father right now, but typically the Eastern Fathers are clearer on this. Now, just as an interesting side note, because the Trads are almost never prediced. I don't know why, but the Trads are like they don't get this. But in the old Saint Andrew missile from my trid days. Yeah, see see here's proof trad See how warned this is. It's actually worn out. The gold leaf leafing is all worn out because I actually did take my tradism seriously and I actually did go to the Latin mass for me many years. It's not fake, it's all it's all true. I made up. There is a lengthy note on criticism. Where is it? I remember it from my trid base. Got it marked somewhere. I think it's one of the readings for like Easter or something. Here it is, I found it. So in the traditional Latin missile the twenty fourth and last Sunday after Pentecost. Your missile notes.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 3: Dude, this text is so small. I can't even read it. Look at this text.
Speaker 5: It's when do you read that? Look at that anyway? Here you can see I'm not making it up. If you want to screenshot that and read it later.
Speaker 3: Getting in that HD ten eighty p. Says the Assyrians have destroyed Samaria and the Chaldeans have laid waste to Jerusalem, but all this desolation will be repaired by the Messiah. When he comes. Micah goes on to foretell that Christ will be born in Bethlehem and his kingdom, that of the heavenly Jerusalem, will have no end. The prophets naem habakk zephy Andiah, at Hagai, Zachariah, and Malachi, whose books are read in the Divine Office the same week, their testimony to that of Micah. In Our Lord's first words in Today's Gospel, he quotes Daniel's prophecy of the total and final ruin of the Temple at Jerusalem and of the Jewish nation at the hands of the Roman army, this abomination of desolation being incurred by the people of Israel for rejecting Christ. As a matter of fact, this prediction was fulfill some years after the Lord's death, exactly in seventy eighty. This destruction of the temple is a type of the end of the world, and then it goes on to it. Basically, to repeat this, I had to stand up because I can barely read this tiny, tiny print. So there you go. Even the Latin missile teaches preterism. Go che on that tread. All right. So now we brought this up many times, but I always have to bring it up. People say, ooh a little. Most likes to read on this. So if you want an introduction book to this topic, I would say this is a good one. Great tribulation by David Chiltern. Children came close to Orthodoxy in his latter days. I don't think he ever officially converted. And there is a new one out I haven't read. I think Lightheart has a commentary on the Apocalypse that's good. I haven't read it, so I'm not going to recommend it. But this is a classic. So if you can get your hands on David Chilton's Day's a Vengeance, they're both good. And also the Hermaeutic at work here that is based on the Church Fathers. If there was one good book on hermautics, I would recommend it from an Orthodox perspective. But I mean you could read Maximus or something like that, because he'll tell you the you know, the four layers of the scripture. That's pretty common by the late Middle Ages. All the East and West have the four senses of scripture. But if you are coming from a Protestant mindset, maybe you want a more biblical introduction to the topic of hermaeutics. James Jordan basically borrowed the Church Father's hermanudic and put it into a book. Of course, you can skip his Protestant stuff and just go right into Orthodoxy. But Through New Eyes is a good book. It is a good spirit of the Patristic hermeneutic. He's kind of a quasi Anglican, I guess now nowadays anyway, So those are good intro level stuff. There's there's more, obviously could be said, but and there's many more Church Father's texts on preterism too. I'm just giving you a sample. How long have we gone, hour and a half. It's pretty good. So a few last points on Antichrist. I mean, so my view, yes, I think that what we saw occur in these patterns of people. Okay, Pharaoh type of Antichrist, Judas type of Antichrist, Pole of me third Maccabees type of Antichrist. Antiochus, Epiphanies type of Antichrist. Nebuchinese are type of Antichrist, because Neger sets with this giant idol and says you have to worship it or you die. Nero. If you read Gentry's book before Jerusalem fell, his THHD thesis. Think proves Nero is the Antichrist of the first century. That's what the Book of the Apocalypse is immediate context is. That's why John says at the beginning of the Apocalypse that what I'm writing to the seven churches of Asian mine are they are going to experience quickly. So, yeah, there's a full there's a final fulfillment. Apocalypse nineteen all right, the Great White Throne, Judgment, the return of Christ, the millennial Rain, the millennial reign is something that began first Advent. It's not a thousand years of eating giant grapes and moving palsign. It's a spiritual kingdom that was established. That is the Church. The Church is a millennial rain. Those who are baptized participate in the first Resurrection, and then the new heavens and the New Earth. In the Orthodox view, is the renovation of this world. This universe, right, this universe is renovated, it's transfigured. When Christ became incarnate. The purpose of that was to restore what Adam had lost. This in the Patristic teaching is what's called the recapitulation. Now this unfortunately, this doctrine is lost in the West after the time of Augustine. Nobody knows has any idea what recapitulation is. It is fundamental, however, to Orthodox theology from here Anas all the way up through to John Damascus, there is a recapitulation where Christ restores what Adam lost, and that being the nature. Nature is restored. It doesn't mean everybody saved, though, because the way that you in hypostatize nature and utilize your will is going to determine whether it's ever ill being or ever well being in the escaton. That's basic Saint Maximums teaching right there. But the nature itself is going to be restored, and that's why all men are resurrected. That's why even the wicked are resurrected because of Christ restoring their nature. But having your nature restored does not mean that you get an automatically pleasurable experience of the escoton. Right, nature can be restored, but the experience of nature depends on the tropos, the mode in which nature exists, which is in the mode of persons. So individual hypostaces will have a different experience depending upon how they utilize their natural will for virtue or for vice. According to Saint Maxims and by extension, according to Jonan Maskins, who follows Saint Maximus to the tea, now will there be a great tribulation and all that? Yeah, I think so. I think. I think a lot of these things. And now to what degree every element of the Apocalypse is mirrored at the end of time. I don't know. Anybody who tells you they know everything about that is lying to you, and it's I'm kind of John Hage Konyent. I don't know. Maybe if God grants me the grace in thirty years, if I'm still alive, maybe then I'll know more about that. But I don't pretend to know. And anybody who claims to know all the mysteries of scripture, especially in regard to the Apocalypse, which is, you know, one of the most difficult books, along with the other apocalypsees Zachariah Ezekiel. They're very difficult books. So we have to tread lightly and we have to understand that from the Orthodox perspective, there's a lot of factors that will go into how we interpret and understand these texts, which first of all, can't be done purely by studying and reading books. So the news has to be cleansed through repentance, through good works, aesthetic practice, prayer, liturgy. Then we grow in our understanding of these things by God's grace and so and then it's not just us reading right, it's our experience. It's in the liturgy where God teaches us. In the liturgy, we read the lives of the saints, we get taught there. We look at the icons, we read the icons and they teach us as well. We read the Bible, it teaches us. So there's this symbiotic relationship between all of these things. We read, the church fathers, they teach us. All of these things go into right. So then every time we come back to read the Bible, we have an even greater, even broader, better perspective by being immersed in the totality of this experience of the church's life. So all those things go into it. Right. You can't like separate, Well, I just want my Bible. I'm just Google read my Bible in the corner and I'm gonna figure all this stuff out. No, that's idiotic. It's not that. It's not a book that's meant for you to go sit in the corner and figure it all out. By yourself. It's not an algorithm that you decode. It has to be a lived thing, right, And I don't care who you are or how much you've read, Like The Apocalypse is a difficult book. And I don't even think that anybody's gonna understand all these mysteries until well, ultimately, not until the Escuton obviously, but as we get closer to the time of these final final things, then yeah, God will grant more understanding to you know, the saints, to the Alders, these kinds of people in the church, you know, people who are following him. He will grant the understanding of those things. But as Paul says, let us strive to eat meat and not to only feed on milk. Right, what does Hebrews say? You should be taking strong doctrine and meat, not just staying fixated on the milk the baby stuff. So we are supposed to get into I mean, they're here for a reason, all right, and get sick of the people who are luck well, we won't read that stuff in our church. Well, that's because you're idiot, the Bible says. Scripture says, blessed are those who read the Apocalypse. Why would you not want a blessing. I mean, that's that's idiotic, stupid anyway. So that's a good introduction to what we want to caution against and the direction that we want to go to understand these very difficult things. And hopefully this can be a good introduction for the future questions of eschatology, Bible, prophecy, this kind of stuff that there's so much sensationalism, so much idiocy, so many con men, so much stupid crap. And look, I was raised in the evangelical gift you stuff, so I'm trying to save you from having to go through a bunch of nonsense. Okay, I was a dispensationalist. I thought when I was nineteen, I'm on a prophecy study Bible. I thought John Hagey was right. So I had to go through all this stupid stuff. And I'm just trying to tell you that you don't have to. Okay, I went through all this crap for you. Man, If you want to be hard headed and go through all that stupid stuff, well good luck with have fun, because it's going to be a nightmare. But this is much better. This is the mature, traditional historic approach anyway. So hopefully this has this is we want a sober approach that what I'm trying to do, right, We want to be sober on the one hand, but not fall into the liberal nonsense on the other hand, of like denying the inspiration and all this kind of stuff. Right, just think about Jesus's day. Who are the two dialectical opposite goophises that Jesus is always having to interact with the scribes and the Pharisees. And who are the scribes, the Sadducees the liberals? Remember how it says that that the Sadducees deny resurrection, that deny miracles and the existence of angels. And Jesus says that they're idiots and they are hard hearted and they have no faith, that they don't believe the scriptures. Me constantly says that to them, they're the liberals. And who are the Pharisees, the rigorous super super I'm holier than now and making up all these laws that aren't even in the actual revelation. Right, And guess what, we still have these same two extremes in our day. We have the liberals. Do whatever you want. There's no miracles religion as a symbol. It's just moral tales or whatever, and blah blah blah, and then you've got rigorous on the other the extremist Pharisees. And by the way, who got the worst condemnation, the rigorous. Now, I'm not telling you to be a liberal. I'm just saying that how we strike that balance is very important because Jesus' harshest condemnations are for the Pharisees, even above the sagescees. So I'm not telling you to be a liberal at all. Right, I believe Jesus is very clear about the inspiration of the text, the inherancy of the text. Jesus has a strong view of in and inspiration, and he pronounces a blessing for those who read the Old Testament. He says, you're like a treasure hunter who brings treasure out of old into the New if you understand and study the Old Testament. He says that not one jot or tittle of the Old Testament is wrong or will fail. So we should get our doctrine of inspiration from Christ and from the Church fathers. And by the way, the Church fathers teach inernancy. There might be debate between textual traditions like origin and Jerome to Patristic era textual critics. They might have disputed different copies, but Jerome has some of the strongest statements on inerrancy. If you look at what he says on the Psalms. Jerome goes so far as to say that even the introductions to the Psalms, even the sections of the songs have letters like Psalm one Drum says, even those are inspired. He says, the Holy Spirit put those there. So this idea that, oh, the Church fathers they didn't teach you inerancy. I can be liberal if I become worthoo it. No you can't, No, you can't. Total nonsense. I could give you fifty quotes from the Church Fathers on the inerancy, inspiration, and authority of Scripture. Total misunderstanding. And by the way, smart Protestants can run circles around Catholics and dumb Orthodox who think that the Church Fathers don't teach inspiration and inernancy. Anyway, let's read some of the super chats, so I hope this is helpful, just to give a Patristic balanced traditional interpretation. It is the time of the resurrection, I mean technically right now, it's like the next day, but today was erection Sunday. I hope everybody had a good pasca, even though it's a corunka pasca, which is all very bizarre. But yeah, we want to understand that let the Bible inform our view of the world. Don't take headlines and read them into the Bible. That's what I'm trying to caution against. You see, does that mean we can't look at the where is my note? I mean, if you think about some of the examples, the rise of occultism, okay, brain links, abration, right, nano dots, r f I D, transhumanism, ecumenism, Internet of Things, five GA, a global economy, universal basic income, end of the family. Are these signs of the time? Yes? They are now. A lot of these evils in different forms have been around, so I wouldn't immediately say that, Well, we're definitely in the final, final end times. There's a lot of prophecies that still have to be fulfilled. So we know the end of the world's not coming tomorrow, but regardless, it could be could be the end of the world. I don't know. I don't claim to know anyway, So we had to be wise on how we approach these things. I would say that if things keep getting crazier and crazier, yeah, maybe it is. Maybe we are at the end of but we'll know we don't have to worry about that. So Jordan Graves five dollars. CHRISTI is a new fan here. Thank you for all are for articularly orthan and filosity in danger moment. Thank you much, appreciate it. Glad you're here. Welcome. Remember the archives, there is a vast, vast nine hundred videos. Now some of them are goofy, but the majority of the videos are theology, philosophy, church fathers, debates with atheists, etcetera, etcetera. If you're interested in these topics, click down to the theology section or to the traditional philosophy and metaphysics playlists on the main page. You'll find a lot there. We also have the global elite book series Irish Sailor ninety one five dollars. Plot twist Q reveals himself as a political leader. Boomers over, We're elected to prisoner. Yeah, that's funny. I mean, that's this is a that's not gonna happen, but that's funny. Joeling K twenty five dollars. Thank you, Joline much appreciate it. Big supporter a long time Jason also supporter shout out Jason Ray five dollars, Thank you Jay, Thank you Jason much appreciate it. Irish sailor again he says, have to sleep for work. Thank you for all that you do. Meetia, Orthodox theology and the piece of family feet together Christ He's risen indeed. Cody Pempton one Canadian, Thank you, Cody, Cody Pemberton, two Canadian Thank you, Cody, Thank you, Cody. He says, are demons archetypes of chaos like reverse logi. No, because logi or uncreated energies that are the patterns and archetypes of all things that are created. So angels are like all creation. They possess a created nature. The logi are not identical to created natures or essences. The logie are uncreated, but creative beings have created natures and created essences. So angels are beings that are. They have a angelic nature, and they also have an individual hypostasis, each one of them. Basil's very clear about this in his thirty eighth letter, where he describes nature in person as distinct and the hyposthetic properties, and he also explains angels as having an angelic nature and each individual hypostasis so of their own angels. So demons are angels that are created beings that have fallen, and so they're not merely archetypes, but they're actually personal demonic beings. Their nature is still good, but they have confirmed themselves in evil. We don't explain exactly understand exactly how it all works in the angelic realm, but that's what has been revealed to us about the good angels and the fallen angels. Mark David Chapman, Wow, thank you? Is that Jared Leto has Mark David Chapman or the actual Mark David Chapman who faked his death perhaps and is sending me a hundred bucks? Well, much appreciated, whoever it is. I'm joking it's not. I don't think this is Jared Leedo, but if it is, thank you, Jared. I hope you enjoy your Laurel Canyon pad. Much appreciated for that hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Kevin Fitzgibbon for four ninety nine, He says, here's my trump bucks. Yes, actually a couple of people did send me trump bucks. They didn't send me their whole trump buck check, but they did send me some trump Bucks, so I appreciate people who sent trump Bucks. I was actually joking, but thank you guys for sending the trump Bucks. Much appreciate it. And Kevin has sent his and by the way, shout out to Tiffany fitz Henry. You guys are probably familiar with her. She's a pretty well known YouTuber and tweeter. She has a very large Twitter following, and she gave me a huge shout out and recommend that everybody follow on my Twitter today. I think she sent me almost a thousand followers on Twitter today, so I don't think I've ever gained a thousand Twitter followers in one day, so that was pretty awesome. So thank you to her. Everybody be sure and follow Tiffany fitz Henry if you go to my Twitter. I promoted her today as well, so be sure and follow her back and hopefully we can have some good chats in the future with her about esoteric Hollywood. She is also a right exposer of Esselturk Hollywood topics as well Dusty Dustin and Neely five Dollars. Christ has Risen, He has Risen. Indeed, Zachariah harp twenty five bucks. Thank you, he says, God speed and many things. Awesome, dude, thank you much appreciate. Hopefully we have a balanced approach to eschatology and hermeneutics from an orthodox biblical perspective. I hope everybody enjoyed the stream. Again, thank you to Mark David Chapman, my assassination, bro there for such a fat super chat. That was really generous of you. Much appreciated. And I think that's everything. That's all I can think of, covered all the books I wanted to. Yeah, God bless everybody, have a good night. And by the way, the resurrection, right, I mean, that was the whole point of this. Somebody was getting mad at me the beginning of the stream. Why are you talking about this? So you bitched about nothing?
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: It was a great string. We had a sober discussion of a topic that everybody's getting overly sensational about. Anyway, God bless her matter. Have a good night.