Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Bertie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of divids, drives and delightful better.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is the one and only Tony Turn, the Magician, the ball with a lot of flair and yes, a mcclassic man. Thank you so much for joining us on another episode of Balls and Teas. As I usually say, this is the only place to be when it comes to golf talk, and we are here every single Wednesday, six o'clock. Whether you're abroad or you're here. You can stream on Spotify, we are on Amazon. We are actually on YouTube as well because we've got video segments. So please go to YouTube look for Bos and Teas and then you will find us, ladies and gentlemen. For those who just recently join us and those who don't know, the flow of the show is very simple. The only thing that I'm going to do is to ask you to please stand up from where you are, get yourself and ice called glass of water, because when the magician speaks, it gets extremely hot. But it's gonna get holt today because I am joined bye. I won't even say the name, but I'll tell you I am joined by a beautiful lady, very very competitive number one, number two. We're gonna have a blast, so I hope you're ready for us. So let's go for that two minute break. Get yourself that ice called glass of water, and then we will do what.
Speaker 3: We gotta do.
Speaker 1: In the world with fairways, meet the airwaves, with birdies and banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its pounchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of divids, drives and delightful.
Speaker 3: Better listen, gentlemen, it is you, the one and only Tony two. And as you know, I am the voice and teas. I am bows and tees, but I can tell you something.
Speaker 2: I am golf because I know so much about golf that I don't even know any more what I know about golf.
Speaker 3: That's very confusing.
Speaker 2: So, ladies and gentlemen, I promised you and hit at you and right now, if I was to give you an explanation of my view, I would say it heavenly. I'm currently in heaven because I am sitting at the clubhouse of Eagle Kenyan and wow, wow, wow, it's taking my breath away. But apart from the cause itself taking my breath away, like I said, I am graced by a beautiful lady here, very competitive by the name by the name I need drum rolls for this one, by the name Caesar Motzunyani, and she is the Missus South Africa twenty twenty five semi finalist.
Speaker 3: Caesar, how do you do?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm doing great and yourself and thank you for having me awesome man.
Speaker 2: You know what I just want to say before we get into the cracks of the mental Listen, let me start off by extending my gratitude for you to take the time to meet up with me and have this chat on a golf podcast where I don't think you've played golf, but I believe we'll be having a lot of chats about golf and let's see how we can get you hooked to the spot. But before then, please, Caesar, by all means, I didn't do your name justice when I introduced you. I need you to please reintroduce yourself to our audience. Tell them whose Caesar is? What's happening in Caesar space? And when is Caesar wing to start playing golf?
Speaker 4: Sure the pressure is on.
Speaker 5: I am Caesar Mosani, mississ South Africa, semifinalist twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: I'm a mother of.
Speaker 5: Three, a daughter of two struggle veterans, and I have to say that since we've just celebrated you know, Freedom Day and so forth. So yes, I pride myself in saying I am the queen of anti tooxicity.
Speaker 4: I stand on business.
Speaker 5: I believe in humanity and that with everybody looking at each other from a human space, we could actually tend this world to a better place. So that's who I am. And you mentioning that you love the space that we are in. So the first time I sat at the clubhouse actually overlooking the golf, is it the golf to race. Of course it's the first time, and I don't want to lie to you. I am loving the view, I am loving the sinner. I am actually grateful that you have me come here.
Speaker 2: Oh, lovely, lovely, lovely. Listen, ladies and gentlemen. You heard it from Caesar. She's got an eye for beautiful things. And if she loves the view that she's seeing here, I just know, guys that Tony, Tony's melting on the cloud.
Speaker 3: This view is phenomenal. But Caesar, Okay, Now let's.
Speaker 2: Get into the cracks of the meta Missus South Africa. Yes, so, a lot of people, I don't know, a lot of people don't really know much about missus South Africa. We people are so used to seeing Miss South Africa, Miss Universe and all of it. Can you just perhaps break it down for us to say, missus South Africa, what is it about and what actually got you or what got your attention to actually join and participate in it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: So, Misso South Africa is a platform for women of any different color, race and you name it right. It's one of the most inclusive platforms that I've ever actually belonged to. They pride themselves on the community, the platform that they offer and giving the each and every individual the opportunity to be themselves. I mean, the reason why it attracted me or why I decided to participate, it's because there is a story that I want to tell and so are my fellow sisters as well.
Speaker 4: Pride themselves on sister Wood.
Speaker 5: So it's purely something that I said, and I said for me to change the narrative of toxic workplaces, there has to be a platform that speaks to women's core, platform that speaks to come as you are. I'm now starting to termin that it's a come as you are. But what is beautiful is that we often underrate the misses. You know, we often underrate that title. We often underrate the expectation that comes with being a missus somebody.
Speaker 4: And I truly appreciate.
Speaker 5: This Missus South Africa platform because it kind of reminds the women myself included, of the change catalyst that I am. It reminds me not to sleep on myself. It reminds me to learn how to lean onto other people's strengths because we often think that we've got it all figured out and then you get to a position where you realize I could actually leverage off somebody else's skills and expertise. And it's something that as you go older, you start realizing things that we were not historically told or taught. Mentorship, sponsorship, you know, putting yourself their personal branding, understanding what community is and this platform more than anything, that's what it talks to. And for me, I mean, I don't know if you're to follow me or you're already follow me. You must take from this time last year what my page looked like, what I stood for, how everything looked, I mean, from small stuff like social media, how I presented myself as a brand, and you look at me now you actually realize that there's a lot of investment that goes into this whole process just to make sure that a person takes out themselves and understands their why at the end of the day, one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent, I really really like what you're saying. And guess what as you were saying follow me listen. I stopped you first on Instagram to find out who you are because I need to prepare myself for the interview. But I forgot to click follow butt and now I follow you aka missus mott.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. I've got you.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about where you find yourself in the competition at the moment.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Like using the word competition, I think is very aggressive. Where do you find yourself Miss South Africa semi finalist? You're very close to the finish line, So.
Speaker 5: The finish line, I'm halfway the finish line. The next phase is the finalist phase, then the crowning phase, which happens around the November space. So, like you said, I also don't like the term competition. We say collaboration is the new competition. When we work together, skill sets and everything comes together. We actually don't look at each other as competitors or competition. In the competition, we look at each other say what is it that I bring to the table. You know, you become an addition as opposed to a competition.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I mean, you know, I can just imagine if we were to use the word competition in these persians. Just imagine you're doing your cat walk and someone decides.
Speaker 4: And I think we've.
Speaker 5: Watched movies where people have snatched crowns from the ones that have been crowned. I mean, it gets downright, ugly, right and dirty and honestly speaking, I think the sooner we get rid of the word competition, we would also start becoming better at what we do. Because when when you when you know your craft, nobody else is going to take your craft, you bring your podcast taste to your podcast, nobody else is going to do what you do. So once you understand that, you realize that in life the word competitors was overstretched and was overused. If we just start saying somebody else is doing what I do bad, truth of the matter, I'm offering what they don't offer because I'm being me, and that's it not true.
Speaker 2: And like you said, collaboration, I mean, we need to be open to learning from each other. I think that's the first step to say, even if someone is doing exactly what you're doing, there's a lot that you can still learn from them, and there's a lot that they can learn from you as well.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent.
Speaker 5: I mean, we take it for granted that we actually do not know everything. I'm in I'm here in the in the in academia, I would always say I know everything at home. If you ask me anything about the kids, I know everything. Let me tell you You've got me to a space where I know nothing, and I am loving that because it is it talks to being a lifelong learner.
Speaker 4: When we say you're a lifelong learner.
Speaker 5: Were saying you are open to learning things that you wouldn't have learned under normal circumstances. So if I was sitting in my own corner at home, maybe I wouldn't have this experience. So it's one of the things where you put your foot, your best foot forward, and you start seeing things happening around you.
Speaker 4: So yes, thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate.
Speaker 2: I mean, for me, it's a matter of how many people I can actually get hooked to golf as well. So you are you you will be part of the stets very soon to say. Listen, I got into a golf course through a podcast and from there I started developing the love and speaking of which, let's talk about what's happened in your space currently in terms of golf. Right, I do understand that Missus South Africa semi five, Missus South Africa twenty twenty five is hosting a golf the Atlantaur.
Speaker 3: What is there about? If I may ask you.
Speaker 5: So, Missus South Africa is hosting this eventful event of events. So we're hosting this event on the thirtieth of May, so missus South Africa.
Speaker 4: It's their annual event.
Speaker 5: So this event is proving to be the event what everybody wants to be in. So as a semi finalist, I will definitely be one of the hosts because we have balls that we're sailling, so we're selling four balls, we're selling the we said yes, the waterholes and so forth, So that's practically practically what's happening currently. This event is seems to be one way we're going to be meeting the people of the people, you know, uh, the relevant people and so forth. So yes, it's quite exciting to find myself in that space. It's quite It's quite exciting to have been given this opportunity to be in the midst of people that are so passionate, people that I have immensed themselves into those particular spot and for a person that doesn't have this particular sporting background, it's one of those things I'm looking forward to it. I'm so excited, but more than that, I'm looking forward to seeing the joy it brings a golfer to be on that green grass do we call it green grass?
Speaker 4: Okay? To be on the green.
Speaker 2: All right, worry, I'll teach you the jargon as we as we progress with a podcast. But now I think the key thing is to say for people to actually buy a fooball. I mean, I believe that each participant or each semi finalists partaking in this, how do people go about buying that particular.
Speaker 3: Football or sponsoring a hole.
Speaker 4: Or whatever, They engage directly with me.
Speaker 5: So I am officially the semi finalist for this particular podcast, right.
Speaker 4: So you're not having someone else coming next week.
Speaker 3: Only only Caesar.
Speaker 2: Please, when you think of and think of Caesar, think of the golf dat's coming, and think about how you're going to buy that football. Listen, ladies and gentlemen, Caesar is here to tell you. If you want a football, please contact Hey, yes directly, don't go through.
Speaker 3: Tony, but you can come through to me. I'll direct you to Caesar.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, please, Tony. The details are on the person that I'll share with you. They just need to contact me directly and then we'll make the arrangements from there. Then I can book the slot. And then I mean, every golfer knows which position they play. I started seeing the questions, okay, so you need to tell us what they play and what they're good at and reach slot and stuff like that. So it will just be be that the event is happening on the thirtieth. It includes the dinner as well, the lunch and the dinner, I think the awards as well.
Speaker 4: On the evening at glend Dower.
Speaker 5: So it's gonna be a full day full of great festivities. Will have our sponsors there as well, and you get to meet all of the semi finalists or majority of the semi finalists at the event as well as you know the CEO Joony Jacobs, who is yeah, the CEO of MISSUS South Africa South as well as her amazing team will all be there.
Speaker 2: Now, one key question that I need to ask you, Suzi, and I believe this is a question that a lot of people are going to are either going to ask themselves or they're currently asking themselves.
Speaker 3: You're selling them a four ball. Will you be part of the four ball?
Speaker 5: So, unfortunately, don't want to mess up a good thing, right, I will be part of the midst of the supporters of people that are standing there and I've gotten to learn that I'm not going to be standing there and cheering because I need to be very silent. But I think my presence might just be bringing Lady Luck to the side.
Speaker 2: No hundred percent, I agree with you on that one. So, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it.
Speaker 3: That's Caesar. She's saying, come through contact her.
Speaker 2: I will post that poster on our socials as well, so that you guys can start buying those four boards. Trust me, that's where you're going to meet the who's and who's within the beauty space, within the golf in space, within the business space. But ladies and gentlemen, I've got a few things that I actually want to have a chat with Caesar about. Right, Caesar has not been in a golf course. It's the first time. She's loving the view, and I just want to teach her the terminology. Maybe we can just do a quick quiez around the terminology. Perhaps there's a few things that she understands and I'm just saying she doesn't understand them.
Speaker 3: So sis, are you ready for my for my quies? Yes? All right? So what do we call the apparatus?
Speaker 2: Should I say the sticks that people use to hit the ball.
Speaker 3: Uh you should see her. She's just laughing at me because she's like associate book. All right, we will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ones that go to the bad Oh, they're the clubs you see. I told you she knows a bit more about about golf.
Speaker 3: And then, uh so when you start and holding golf, right, when.
Speaker 2: You're at the beginning, there's a small space it has Marcus, it has all the information about the whole.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we call that space?
Speaker 4: Almost lied and said holding one.
Speaker 2: All right, it's called the tea box. Yes, that's where you tea off. And I just want to ask you, perhaps you've seen this on TV. What club do people used to tee off?
Speaker 4: They use the one with.
Speaker 3: Going with a big hides.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so we in golf juggle we call it the driver.
Speaker 3: Oh a wood one wood?
Speaker 2: Right, So there's one wood, there's three wood, there's four, there's five, there's seven. Those are the ones that I know, but I believe there's others out there, right. And then the idea of golf is to basically pocket the ball in a hole. That hole we call it a cup, right, so you pocket that ball in that cup. There's a particular club that's being used on that smooth green surface. It almost looks like a carpet. What do we call the club.
Speaker 3: And scoop into a cup? Then we have ice cream ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: The one that.
Speaker 3: So this one requires a lot of finis. You have to be soft.
Speaker 2: It's like you're holding a baby. Your shoulders move as if you're holding a baby. It's called a patter. So you pack the ball into that cup. Right, that's quiz number one. Right, let's leave the quist for now. We will proceed with the next quiz in the second segment of our show today. Right, So, I think the one thing that we need to start talking about. I mean, now let's talk about your background in spots, right, because I'm trying to understand why have you not participated or why have you not yet engaged with golf?
Speaker 3: Right, So I'm just.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure out what kind of sport you actually are into or you've actually participated with, and then in and then from there we will take it a notch up to say, here are the similarities between the spot and golf hundreds.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, first of all, enjoying the scenery, right, that tells you that I'm an outdoors person. I'm a high kist if they call it a high kist. I love hiking. I love being in nature.
Speaker 4: I believe that's where you get centered.
Speaker 5: So the reason, I don't know if you want me to tell you why golf was not kind of an option. So golf for me, and I think for most people that are non golfers, it's a Richmond spot.
Speaker 4: It's not for the mangman that you're going to find on the GOV.
Speaker 5: Yes, so I think it's one of the reasons why hiking was then an option because then I get to walk.
Speaker 4: I still get to I'm very I'm very big on walking.
Speaker 5: I'm very big on that part of exercise, and I swim.
Speaker 4: I've now started also wanting to be a cyclist, so I cycle.
Speaker 5: Got a bike with the kids because it makes it easier to enjoy the spots they enjoy. So, Yes, the reason why I haven't looked at golf before, it's purely because it looked like it had its own people. And at the same time, you know, not so many women participated or kind of look like they enjoyed the sports. It's only of late that I'm seeing females are going for it. But historically I'd be lying if I say it was a spot that was being put out there for females to kind of participate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, I mean those are valid reasons, and I have to say it looks intimidating from the outside of course myself.
Speaker 3: For what I mean, I've been in this I've been doing this spot.
Speaker 2: For over twenty two years now, so it is quite intimidating from the outside. Golfers have that, that's right. They don't have to say anything.
Speaker 3: They just walk.
Speaker 2: You will realize, Okay, something's happening there. This is a peason.
Speaker 3: You know. You can see this is a person when they walk. Right.
Speaker 2: But if I'm to highlight similarities about golf and what you do, right, so golf is more of a cardio spot because you walk quite a lot, right, and you walk caring a bag of about eleven kidograms on your back. You get used to it over time to a point where you don't even feel the weight anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, that's number one. Number two, it's an outdoor spot.
Speaker 2: It's in natural settings that you can see, there's water, there's plants, everything is out there. It's a there is a real environment. Very quiet, so you can have your own thought process along that longline kilometer walk right. The nict thing here is that it's more control. You won't find snakes, but there's courses that have snakes.
Speaker 3: There's courses with snakes.
Speaker 2: There's courses with game as well, so you can play while watching.
Speaker 3: Zebras and screen box. See now she's already.
Speaker 2: In love with the spot. Now to the key key thing about golf. It is a family spot. It's very inclusive. You can play with your entire family. You can create your own football with your entire family. To make sure that you guys share the same experience. I mean, you're spending five hours with your family in as satting that isn't as formal as being at home or being at work and all of that. So it helps you connect with your family and to actually take.
Speaker 3: It much up. As people, we believe we know each other.
Speaker 2: But I always say you will only know somebody once you've played golf with them, because it will frustrate you. You'll be upset, you'll be excited. In a space of less than ten minutes, you all your emotions will start coming up, and then afterwards you'll realize, okay, there's certain things I didn't know about myself as well.
Speaker 3: So you explore yourself while playing golf.
Speaker 2: Now, for someone like you, Caesar, who is very competitive, for someone like you who is very focused in life, and someone who's a visionary. The nice thing about sport, the sport of golf, is that you meet people, you build relationships.
Speaker 3: It takes you forward people.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that mentorship was one of those things that were never really put out there growing up in the golf course I've seen is that if someone if you were to have a chat with someone and they know where to direct you or how to shape you, they will volunteer to say listen, I can help you with it. You get mentors here, You get people who can help you refine your business concepts, people who will drive you forward. And I think that's what everyone wants in life. Yes, right, So that's my two cents about God. From my side, I don't know how you feel about that. Are we starting now?
Speaker 4: Yes? No?
Speaker 5: No, No, you know you've mentioned things that are very close to my heart, you know. I think then it shares the same sentiment in terms of what I would want from a sport. Right, Sometimes you don't want fast paced stuff sometimes you want to enjoy the daylight, you want to be present in something.
Speaker 4: And I like the fact that.
Speaker 5: I mean, sometimes we meet people, we want to get to know them, but because the buzz and everything that's happening around us puts us in a different situation.
Speaker 4: Or time frames and so forth.
Speaker 5: But I love the fact that the five hours sounds long and it feels like it's a long where you're gonna like hate and whatever. The truth of the meta, that's where you kind of invest in yourself and you invest in the person that you are stuck with.
Speaker 4: For that five hours.
Speaker 5: You mentioned that you get angry and you get happy with the same person, like any other relationship.
Speaker 4: I think most of us we find escapes and then we choose to you know, be away. But I'm liking it already. I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that, and that was the whole gist of the method.
Speaker 2: You know today, I want season to see a golf course like no other. Somebody always told me that in order for you to understand something, experience it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the experience. The naice thing about golf is that you can just come to the golf course and not play.
Speaker 5: True, I mean, just being on the clubhouse is enough. I think my only encounter was at the clubhouse. Harton, you could feel, man, you spoke about the people that are walking there, they feel like there.
Speaker 4: Are they're they and they've arrived. There are some way you know. They's it's life without saying too much.
Speaker 5: And most a lot of people can learn from that, to say just your presence without having you say you are here, you know.
Speaker 4: And I've seen it with a lot of golfers.
Speaker 5: I think they just demand that attention without saying, hey, look at me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let's go for our break. We're just gonna take a two to five minute break, and then when we come back, I will be drilling you with another quiz. Perhaps you can droom me with a quiz from any one of the spots that you like.
Speaker 3: Maybe ask me what a butterfly is the free start?
Speaker 2: Yeah, perhaps, and then yeah, we'll take it, and then let's engage more on this auspicious spot. I like, I like, you know, I like using fancy with when I talk about golf, and I don't even know the meaning of them. All right, So, ladies and gentlemen, we're going for it to b to break. Make sure that you refilled that as cooled glass of water. And then when we come back, I am telling you I'm gonna put Caesar on the spot so much that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she might be angry with me afterwards. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Five hours.
Speaker 6: Invisible in Consulting your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top not accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including but not limited to, engineering, medical practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, vets, management attorneys, and financial services experience the power of our best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients in a high level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial future your success out priority. Please visit us at www. Dot Invisibleinc. Dot co, dot seta to reach us www dot Invisiblelink, dot co, DOTZA.
Speaker 2: All Right, ladies and gentlemen, Yes, it is still the one and only Tony two in the Magician and guess what, guys, I wish somebody was to feel him this. You see, I'm speaking slowly now to feeling this because what I'm looking at right now, ladies and gentlemen, I mean I just checked out there's a heel yet written little false and I can see it all the way from the halfway house.
Speaker 3: Of Eagle Kenyan golf Course.
Speaker 2: Water beauty, the water, the landscape is on another level. Let's not talk about the residential area, right But ladies and gentlemen, I am still joined here by the one and only Listen.
Speaker 3: I know there's other ones, but this is the one and only one that.
Speaker 2: I know now, Missus South Africa twenty five semi finalists. Caesar, all right, Caesar, Wow, we had a nice man in the first segment. But now, as I said, hey, I want to put you on on the podium and I want to grill you now.
Speaker 3: So you should see a face.
Speaker 2: You should see a face like she just get But but we're not going to do anything funny. The only thing that I'm going to do I would like us to jump into another quiet because I think that living here today he to have a clear understanding of what you getting yourself into where it comes to golf.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: It's a very addictive spot to a point where sometimes I take out my club in my house and then I start swinging randomly in the kitchen sitting room and I break things, but unintentionally.
Speaker 3: It's not like there's chaos in the house.
Speaker 2: No. Right, So, ladies and gentlemen, we are going to our second quiz fort today with Caesar, and it will be golf related. And I believe that she might have a few questions for me as well when it comes to some of the things that she loves. Maybe she will treat me and give me a quiz and then I can't answer certain questions. But I know, if there's anything that I know is that when you are in a pageant, it's very I always hear people talking about foundation, talking about mascara, talking about.
Speaker 3: Eyebrows, talking about pencils.
Speaker 2: I think there's different shades of pencils, talking about contour. Right, So yeah, I'm just giving you a hint that I include.
Speaker 3: She will not trick me.
Speaker 2: So, ladies and gentlemen, we are starting our second quiz now, Cissar, this is my first question.
Speaker 3: To you. If someone is.
Speaker 2: To hit a ball and it comes your direction, what is the correct way to alect that particular player whom the ball is approaching.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's try a right.
Speaker 2: So you scream four four right yep, So you screamed that out loud, and everybody who can hear you, ducky they will due.
Speaker 4: They were like bird. Everybody's looking in the sky.
Speaker 3: Everybody will look up, but no one will if you bad.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're going into very very dangerous territory.
Speaker 3: So a golf course is regarded well.
Speaker 2: Most golf courses South Africa regarded as past seventy two golf courses, meaning that in order to be even with a.
Speaker 3: Golf course, you need to have seventy two shots right. Just like a golf course, every single hole has its own power.
Speaker 2: So you'll find there's a power four, power five, path three, meaning that you only hit the ball three times, five times or four times in order for you to break even at the course.
Speaker 3: Right now, my question.
Speaker 2: Is if you are to hit one shot less, then let's say you're you know, p for and then you hit three shots to put your ball in the cup.
Speaker 3: What do you call it?
Speaker 5: Don't you get disqualified for that. I mean, you don't beat the minimum criteria.
Speaker 2: You actually exceeded because you're beating the Yeah, so we called it a betty.
Speaker 3: Right, you've been talking about a bird.
Speaker 4: That was your moment to shy.
Speaker 2: Yes, So when when you hit one shot less, it's a bad right. Now, counter to that, you can hit more than the required amount of shots per hop. Right, So if you hit one shot extra, what do you think we called it one?
Speaker 3: Take a while, guess. Okay, let me give you a clue, Give me a clue.
Speaker 2: So what I don't know how much you watch movies? But John Wick they refer to him with a particular name as well. They say you, he's the man you call to kill who. All right, ladies and gentlemen, we can see that season doesn't really watch action movies. So John Wick is the man you call to come and kill the bogy man. Yes, so when you hit one shot above parer, it's called the bogie.
Speaker 5: Oh, So, Johnny, you can tell that I don't watch excellent movies.
Speaker 3: Right, I can tell. I can tell I saw you were like, who's John week Magic?
Speaker 5: No, I don't at all, And I don't really gravitate towards nice movies.
Speaker 4: I just like nice ending. Okay, so that's the major thing.
Speaker 5: You can hit each other liberally action long, it's going to be so painful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you're very emotional.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get I get intrigued and I get into it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, sometimes I watch movies where I don't have to think.
Speaker 4: And also I'm an overthinker.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's why I select the stuff that I read, select the.
Speaker 4: Stuff that I watch.
Speaker 3: Everything that you can justify.
Speaker 4: Why I don't watch them.
Speaker 3: But the actions, it makes sense. It makes sense. I think you should start watching the boy. Let's start there.
Speaker 4: So as a disqualification, is a bogy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called the bogie.
Speaker 2: You can have double bogie whereby you like two shots more, that's triple bogie. You don't want to find yourself in a boggy situation.
Speaker 4: But how often does that happen? Do people actually do? Do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, since it's my turn as well, do you think there will be people that would be doing bogies on the day or is it perfect.
Speaker 2: Pros So let let's say this, Casar, I've played god for twenty two years. It's very difficult to get a baby it's very difficult to get a.
Speaker 4: Power and I know it's very difficult to get a hole in one.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's a miracle. And it's also very difficult to get a burgie. Sometimes you end up with a double bogie. That's how a hectic golf is, so even pro even professional golfers.
Speaker 3: I was actually chatting with a pro.
Speaker 2: The other day and he said, you know what, if there's anything about being in my position right now, is that I have to be.
Speaker 3: At my best all the time.
Speaker 2: And remember, professional au toonaments take four days, so you'll be playing for four days consecutively. So he says, if the first day didn't go well, I won't sleep that night because it bothers me so much. And you're not sleeping, then you're killing or you're burning or you're frying, you your mind, and the following day you won't be.
Speaker 3: Able to play.
Speaker 2: So you need to find a way to manage your emotions when you play golf. You need to find a way to to ulsa yourself when you play.
Speaker 5: Golf, to put yourself towards yourself, pull yourself right. Yes, geez, man, I wouldn't I wouldn't have thought of it in that sense, because I mean when when they're on that on that screen, everybody just looks confident even when things are not looking good. But I guess it requires very high self awareness. You need to know exactly your temper. Also, I can imagine the winning person telling you to your face, say them celebrating.
Speaker 3: They you know it now. They don't do that.
Speaker 2: Golfers have that etiquet to say, you know what we all want at the end of the day because it's about finishing the game.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, no, it makes sense if you're saying it like that, it makes sense. I can imagine when you introduced me, you said, I'm highly competitive, and now I'm starting to cringe already in my body, like so in day one if I ready am feeling like I'm about to lose this way when I come for the.
Speaker 3: No, you're you're basically in competition with yourself.
Speaker 2: When it comes to golf, it's it's more about, like you said, you need to be very much self away, so you challenge yourself to put yourself in unconventional situations and take yourself.
Speaker 3: Out all intact.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna ask you the last question when it comes to my quiz right, I'm trying to think, so Sesar, right now, I'm actually thinking, Well, watching a hole and you can see it's a long traide of grass, right, what do you think they call that grass? The green one, not that rough one, not that rough surface. Yeah, the beautiful one mountain. Oh well, all right, okay, that's that's that's a that's a nice guest because it actually has a slope on it, a huge slip.
Speaker 3: It's called a fairway. Yeah, that's why you learned.
Speaker 2: You see runway, Yeah, that's where you actually take that walk and be like, you know what, I hit that ball, I will find it.
Speaker 3: I'll find it in front.
Speaker 2: So wherever you follow it, you follow the ball. That's the rule of golf up until it gets in that hole. If it doesn't sink, you won't be done with that hole. You'll be cheating. And so you're committed to the whole until Yes.
Speaker 3: Golf is a very serious pot but very fun.
Speaker 2: So you have to be committed from the get go to say this, Yeah, I'm going to do this and I'm going to make sure that I finish it.
Speaker 3: The thing about golfers is that.
Speaker 2: We we are very truthful to the mission Yeah, we're very disciplined.
Speaker 3: We don't cheat ourselves.
Speaker 2: I can play a lot and I will record the correct score because if I don't, I will expose myself in future and play when I play with other people.
Speaker 5: Sure, No, it really requires a certain level of discipline requires.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know. You have to be humbled the spot that humbles.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I couldn't agree with you more. Right now, it's your time to shine, Caesar. You can groom you with your queizner.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's nothing to hap.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's for my benefits to understand exactly what's happening on the the costs, Okay, I wouldn't want to cheat myself of knowing. I mean, I want to celebrate celebratory moments when when the people that buy my football are the Yes, I want to know exactly what's happening. So now I'm noticing that there's patures of water as well, like this, Yeah, there's water. What happens if the ball goes in there?
Speaker 2: So there's water. You'll you'll you'll actually notice there's water. And then there's like sand pits. We call them bankers, the scent the scent pits are called bankers. So these are basically hazards to actually incorporate a bit more challenge into the situation. I mean, you want to you want someone to hit the ball over the water, right. It brings a bit of a challenge because immediately after the water you find that the green is there.
Speaker 3: Now you need to be able.
Speaker 2: To understand your distance to say if I hit this club, it's gonna get me there or not. But back to your question, if a ball follows in the water, you get penalized one shot, yes, okay, because you need to drop a ball again.
Speaker 5: Right, So there's no way of so what we see in some of the movies.
Speaker 4: Where they where they swim, they go in, they go for it.
Speaker 3: Listen, you can. You can do it at your own risk. Remember, nobody knows what's inside that water.
Speaker 2: It could be full of bacteria, they could be crocodiles, there could be snakes, whatever.
Speaker 3: But you can go in if you want to.
Speaker 2: Considering that one golf ball, it's about one hundred bucks to one hundred and eighty bucks. So before you get into the golf course, you need to make sure that you know how to heat or you understand your distances so that when you're faced with these challenges or these obstacles, you know how to maneuver them. Sometimes you can just push it closer to the water and then from there you jump the water.
Speaker 5: Okay, So these obstacle causes are the ones that kind of clear you up.
Speaker 4: So you have to be ready.
Speaker 3: You need to be ready.
Speaker 5: And it's not just a spontaneous sport where you're like, you know what today, I think I'm a blow of some steam and and I'm going there.
Speaker 3: No, you can, you can play, but remember here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If mentally you're not in a good position, these things are going to cause you a lot of trouble and you won't enjoy your day. So mentally you need to be strong. You need to be available, you need to be present. I think that's the that's the key with being present.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, if you're saying that, you've got me sold as well, because I believe in prisons, ladies and gentlemen, nothing just happens.
Speaker 3: We've got a new girlfriend.
Speaker 5: You don't jump things hoping that the next thing will come right. When you mess yourself and where you are and understand your surroundings, it will definitely give you that you know, the thing that you're looking for.
Speaker 2: Protocol M A right, and you have a question that you would like me to clarify, I mean that God is close by.
Speaker 5: Yes, since we're talking about penalties and stuff. What happens if somebody tries to hit the ball and they actually go for the grass.
Speaker 2: So out when your ball, so there's a fairway, and then there's the rough. The rough is this ugly looking bushy grass. There's I mean, when they hit the ball and they dig.
Speaker 4: Take it out. That okay, the penalty you're ruining.
Speaker 2: It's not a penalty, right, So that removal of the grass is called a divit right. So basically it also has an effect on the distance and the speed that the ball will travel. Right, So you can hit the ball clean, it will go the distance.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you hit the divid you're taking compact send and pushing it with the ball, So it can either reduce your your distance or it can even affect the impact and then your ball goes to a different direction. If you aren't used to playing with divids, there's people who do it regularly.
Speaker 3: It's part of that game.
Speaker 5: Nice want to do that because he speaking for the first time that we're talking about it. I didn't even know what is the impact. And my biggest thing was that, Yo, I'm sure you are. You are making other people up say it because you know some people really nature to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they believe that, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, reserve it. It's like when we go and watch the polo. Yes, that's the closest that I've seen, and then we go with our shoes, and the shoes have to be a certain chunk so that we don't then we go there, we go and.
Speaker 4: Stump it back. Yes, So I just wanted to see if that's more or less.
Speaker 2: So the same concept applies with God, where if you are to remove any patch of grass incidentally or intentionally, go put some sand on it so that.
Speaker 3: It can allow for the rus to grow again.
Speaker 2: When you're on the actual green way, you pat so when you're bowlings on the green, because the green is softer than the fairway, it usually makes a divid as well, so it digs into the into the into the green.
Speaker 3: When you get there, you need to fix it.
Speaker 2: Fix that mark, level it out so that the next person finds it in a good condition.
Speaker 5: You've got me sold because I've seen them kneeling down fixing the grass, and I just never understood why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because of the bullets of it. For as much as it hurts when it hits you, it has the grass as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, any other question?
Speaker 5: Now, I think there was another, the only pressing one that I wanted so fast to good, feeling a bit comfortable.
Speaker 4: And warm to the sports. Okay, I'm looking forward to this day.
Speaker 3: All right. So I don't like sharing tips, but I'll share a tip.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now here's the thing about golf. There's too many coaches in the golf course. Okay, not like professional coaches, but you know, when you play with people, we like helping each other. So if I see you doing something wrong, I'd rather say, you know what, I noticed this, Perhaps you didn't notice it. Maybe try this, but let's not do it while we're playing. Let's do it after we're done, so that I don't disturb you.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And then there's pg qualified professional coaches, which I believe for me, it's a good start into the game because in order for you to understand how to swim and to start playing the game, firstly, there's assessments that needs to be done.
Speaker 3: Physical assessments.
Speaker 2: I mean we've got our own physical limitations as people to say how far can our bodies go stretching wise and all those things. So there's by a kind of assists as well who will help you with the process to say, okay, for you, this is what would be suitable.
Speaker 3: And it also goes to claps as well.
Speaker 2: When you buy clubs, you need to go for a proper fitting because the weight, the length, everything, so golf is very detailed, very very detailed.
Speaker 5: So you know, just buy them anyway. You don't inherit them.
Speaker 3: You can, but they need to be suitable to you.
Speaker 2: Certain clubs are very long, Cetain clubs are heavy, certain clubs, I mean, it will depend on your level as well of playing right.
Speaker 3: So there's different shafts to the club.
Speaker 2: There's graphite shafts, there's flexi shafts, there's metal shafts.
Speaker 3: So the reason we go for.
Speaker 2: Fitting is to make sure that these shafts they accommodate our swings.
Speaker 3: When you swing, you swing.
Speaker 2: At a particular speed, it won't be the same as mine, it won't be the same as tigers. For instance, he's got a very quick swing. It has a lot of power behind it.
Speaker 3: So those that needs to be taken into consideration.
Speaker 2: But as a beginner, I'll say, listen before you get contaminated by Tony tone telling you, ah, do this, do that, a professional lesson, right, I think, will do you good. There's facilities around houting in Pretoria, like your World of Golf Gold Village in Galuley, Goldvilation, Centurion.
Speaker 3: They've got master classes.
Speaker 2: Right, so even if you're not a golfer and you just want to get a taste of it, you go there, you attend a master class. They will even give you clubs to use for the day and show you this is how you address about this is how to heat it. Get a taste of it before you go and spend a lot of money on buying clubs because they can be very expensive. Once you get the hang of it and you feel like you know what, I'm ready, go to the pro shop, go to any other merchant that sells clubs. Start with second D clubs that's suitable for you. Instead of splashing fifteen K, splash two k for clubs. It's not a bad investment because they will last you for years as well. Yeah right, I'm like spending fifteen K. You come back you're like, I don't like this anymore.
Speaker 4: Very expensive hobby.
Speaker 5: They imagine coming back home and saying, now I've changed my mind.
Speaker 2: I know if somebody is to do that in my household, you know what I would do.
Speaker 3: You don't want to know. I would say, no, it's fine, go use them paper in somewhere else. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: No, Wow, you know what you've shared.
Speaker 5: It's something that honestly, I would hear people say I'm going for golf. I've never heard someone say I went for an assessment. And it's some of the things that we take for granted. If your body is not cut out for a certain spot, then don't do it because you're gonna add more, you know. And that is why we often see people that are into the sport loving it and showing up because.
Speaker 4: They are fully fit for it.
Speaker 5: And yeah, this has also sparked something inside of me.
Speaker 2: But you know what, the nast thing about golf is, regardless of your age, regardless of your body type, body size, how strong you are, anyone.
Speaker 3: Can play the spot.
Speaker 2: I think the most important thing is just a matter of saying what works for you as an individu.
Speaker 3: We all have different things.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no one particular way of doing things when it comes to golf. I've played with people and I look at them, I'm like, what did.
Speaker 3: I just see? But they know what they do. It works.
Speaker 2: So I think that the key thing is obviously to reduce any chances of being injured, go for those assessments. Then they will tell you. Listen, your body can only take in so much.
Speaker 3: Do not exist more than that?
Speaker 4: Where do you go? Offers train?
Speaker 2: So if you were to look right here on the course, you saw Marcus fifty one hundred fifty two.
Speaker 3: We call it the driving range. Right.
Speaker 2: Driving range is where you practice your your clubs and your driver and your woods.
Speaker 3: Right, So those markers is distance.
Speaker 2: Markers to say you're hitting about two hundred meters one hundred and fifty meters so.
Speaker 3: And and all.
Speaker 4: So that's the training page.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll take you there so that you see it, and then you can also see somebody actually getting lessons. You will see what kind of stuff that all the drills that they go into.
Speaker 4: M Okay, now it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Now it makes sense because I mean, where else are you going to learn how to do it? It's not like you're going to do it in your residential areas, right, you.
Speaker 4: Can do people do that. You know.
Speaker 2: There's there's small apparaces that are being sold at your retail stores where you can buy a net right and net. You erect the net in your backyard and then you just hit both against that net.
Speaker 3: So it helps you get into the group.
Speaker 4: Of things, the swing and stuff, because you're.
Speaker 2: Trying to retain muscle memory as much as when you get in the actual course all this world.
Speaker 5: Okay, so even those small I think there's restaurants now that are big in their in their establishment. They do have those golf spaces. I think there's one in Fendale. It's like a golf golf site. It's not the green like that, but I guess they do that because it's quite a big space and you have those small balls with the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to spend time with your family.
Speaker 4: Tell me about it, Tell me about it.
Speaker 3: There's drinks, there's fun.
Speaker 2: Some golf facilities also have kiddy section, of course.
Speaker 5: I mean that's what Tartan offers. They tell you that we've got after school. You can bring your kids, they can sit.
Speaker 3: There, you see.
Speaker 4: So it's one of those things. No, man, you've you've gotten me sold and gotten.
Speaker 2: Me sold, meaning that train them while they're young.
Speaker 5: The culturally say, you know, it's the same things.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, just beautiful. So I think the environment itself, it's it's very accommodating, very inclusive. Uh, you can you can do the things that you love while you're with your loved ones and having fun with them.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. I am, I'm intrigued. I think we've got a golfer. I'm understanding now the dynamics of golf that I didn't. But I'm very happy that we've had this discussion. And it's always nice to understand, especially as someone that's going to be they yes, this is that, this is that, And I'm now looking forward to, you know, visiting those those places where they offer the master classes, just to get a feel of it because you see the level of discipline, the level of responsibility of how some of the golfers are.
Speaker 4: You know, they've got the setting about them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's almost like listen, I understand myself, I understand what needs to be done.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so today you've removed the stereotype. I hope hell are proud of yourself.
Speaker 3: No, no, I am excited.
Speaker 2: You know whenever someone says, you know what, I want to check this thing out, I get excited because I think it's for us as people to actually keep the community growing, and it's for us to make sure that we take our our lanings from the golf courses and we take it back home and say, listen, I saw this today.
Speaker 3: Why don't we all try for usiness right?
Speaker 2: True, now, since we have reached the end of our segment, But like I said, I want to take you to the driving range just for a few minutes, see what's happening there. Yes, but before we go there, I need you to do something. It's a big, big favor, a big ask from me to say, please, can you reiterate to the audience how they get hold of you.
Speaker 3: In order to buy these four balls? That's number one. Number two.
Speaker 2: You are involved in a lot of things, Yes, And if there's anything that's common in everything that we find ourselves doing, it's fear.
Speaker 3: And I think it's fear of the unknown. So I'm going to ask you to please share a few tips or two.
Speaker 2: Cents worth two with our audience to say how does one overcome a particular fear. It doesn't have to be necessarily related to golf, but I think in general to say, how do you, as a person with tend to do something but you have that fear of the unknown. How do you overcome that fear and make sure that you come out victorious out of whatever situation.
Speaker 4: First of all, I think fear.
Speaker 5: We get paralyzed by fear because of the outcome we're waiting for right And I often say, because I'm not a person that is so fixated on perfection, fixated on I want things to happen this way, I then can only say.
Speaker 4: Remove the outcome.
Speaker 5: Start with the little move, remove the outcome, stop trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: You know, from a Christian level we always say, well let God do it.
Speaker 5: But also from a logic level, if your expectations are too high, you will also be disappointed. So fear stems from not wanting to be disappointed. Fear stems from not being sure. So the first thing that I would say is that move the outcome. Don't get fixated on the outcome, because if I was personally, if I was fixated on the outcome, believe you me, I'd have a thousand reasons why I will not be a semi finalist. I will have a thousand reasons why I will not even progress to be a finalist as well as wear the crown one day, because I've removed the outcome to say, let me enjoy the journey. If you sit, let's take it to golf. If you sit so fixated on all I want is just to get it in the whole, you're going to miss the experience of during You're going to miss the experience of the people that you meet, the experience of, you know, the first try, the second try, the experience of putting it and having.
Speaker 4: It on your belt.
Speaker 5: So fear paralyzes because we are outcomes driven. You don't approach certain people because you fear they'll say no. Yes, not that they've said no before, not that you know anything about them, but you just have this thing what if.
Speaker 4: They say no? But the real thing is what if they say yes? You know what if I reach out and it actually works out the way.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to you.
Speaker 4: So it's actually quite tricky.
Speaker 5: So remove the outcomes from the beginning to say if they had said, if they say no, I would have done it anyway.
Speaker 4: They say, Now it goes in the streets. Shoot your shot, because if you shoot your shot. The worst that could happen is that.
Speaker 3: You miss exactly. But if you didn't.
Speaker 5: Shoot your shot, you'll still be wondering what would happen if I did so? Yeah, and then how do people get hold of me?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 5: I'm on Instagram. I'm still trying to go into TikTok. I've registered. I've got a few small following on TikTok.
Speaker 3: That beautiful.
Speaker 5: So I'm on Instagram, I'm on TikTok, I'm on Facebook. Yes, and it's Caesar mo ses that ar Moso Yani on all these three platforms. To get a fourborne you have to contact me. Can send me a DM, you can send me you know the things they do on TikTok. You can just allect me to say I'm interested. You can speak to the team to just tell them to reach out to me to say you're interested in buying a.
Speaker 4: Football or what a hole? And I mean, we'll make this work.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: And once again, thank you Caesar for making it out here. Thank you to your family for poorting us the time. Time is very expensive, and I think the best thing we can do is be grateful for the time that you've spent with us today, and I have to say from both and tis we're rooting for you.
Speaker 3: Go all the way.
Speaker 2: You don't think about the outcome, enjoy yourself, go with a flow like you said, future shot.
Speaker 3: You're already at the semi finalist.
Speaker 2: And I believe that we will see you at the end of the tunnel like the slight. You know, they say that's light at the end of the tunnel. That's where we will meet. So ladies and gentlemen, there we are, the one and only Tony Tone, the magician, the ball with a lot of plays.
Speaker 3: And yes I am a classic man.
Speaker 2: I am signing out from Eagle Kenyon Golf Estate right here in houting what a beauty. One day I'm going to play this golf course, and this golf course is going to child me.
Speaker 3: I can see it. I'm out, Okay,