Speaker 1: Donald Trump rashing the economy.
Speaker 2: We're session looming. What happens next?
Speaker 1: Watch what happens will happen right here.
Speaker 2: On fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's eight oh five five kr CD Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Happy Wednesday, Extra Special Wednesday, the Our Power here with my next guest, Congress from Massi, follow by Judge Ennena Poulatana. Welcome back, Congress from Massi, and thank you to the voters and the Commonwealth of Kentucky for electing you over and over again.
Speaker 1: It's always good talking with you.
Speaker 4: Well, it's great talking with you. It's a little gloomy here at the Capitol today. I'm in DC and we're getting ready to do the work of the people.
Speaker 3: Although I'm not sure it's going to be good work. Well, I have been calling it and you can feel free to disagree with me. Our spending problem as an existential threat to our existence as a country. The way we rack up money and spend money, we are digging ourselves into a hole that we can never climb out of. The debt service on the national debts already a trillion dollars annually that is going to continue to erode the ability of government to fund and spend on literally everything else. Each and every year it gets worse and worse. But we're on a trajectory to continue that downward slide. What is with I mean, Republicans have control here, and all I keep reading about is well moderate Republicans, Republicans in questionable jurisdicity. They're worried about getting re elected, so they're afraid to cut this or that. Are they're afraid to get rid of the Green New Deal program because it's in their in the backyard? Hey man, isn't it time to rip the band aid off and quit worrying about your funny, blowny job and do what's right for the future of America.
Speaker 4: Congressman Massy, it is time to rip the band aid off. Look, there's no bright line between freedom and socialism. It's kind of a fuzzy line, okay, And I think you measure it in terms of how much does your federal government? How much are your GDP does your federal government spend every year? If your government's taking away you know, thirty percent the federal government.
Speaker 2: I'm not even talking about state and local.
Speaker 4: If the federal government it's taking away thirty percent of your money and reallocating that we consider that socialism. That's about where most of the European countries have been for several decades. And we've been at about twenty percent of GDP. That's been our federal spending. But what happened during COVID is we popped up to thirty percent for a couple of years, one year under Trump and one year under Biden. I mean, these are socialist levels of federal spending. And the problem is it sort of stretched the balloon during COVID and it never went back to its original size. For three or four years, we've been at twenty three percent of GDP is our federal spending. So you said, you know, use the word slipping slowly in decline or whatever. I think we are slipping into socialism because our level of spending, the amount of money we take from people and reallocate to other people and businesses is twenty three percent at the federal level alone. When you roll in state and local, you're getting up close to forty percent at depending on what state you live in, Which gets me to another point in this big beautiful bill here. You know, normally I would say, look, if they put a bill in front of me that cuts taxes. I'm going to vote for that because and then hopefully we'll get a bill that cuts spending later on. And that's been sort of myom for the first decade in Congress. The problem is, they never give you the bill that cuts spending. We're not voting on DOGE, the Recisions Package.
Speaker 2: We were supposed to.
Speaker 4: Vote on that, and they quietly canceled all those votes. And so what I'm facing right now is this big, beautiful bill up here.
Speaker 2: It's got tax cuts.
Speaker 4: It's a grab bag of goodies for everybody, particularly the blue state Republicans that you just.
Speaker 2: Talked about that are crying about their next election.
Speaker 4: They want their deduction for their house, the taxes on their houses to go from ten thousand dollars to thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: The salt if you yeah, the state and local tax.
Speaker 4: If you heard the word salt, that's an acronym for state and local tax. Can you deduct it from your federal taxes?
Speaker 2: Well you you.
Speaker 4: Can right now up to ten thousand dollars. But you know there's some big houses in New York, or the property taxes in California where you know they're they're literally robbing them blind. In New York and California, they wanted local taxes to be so high. So the Republicans there are saying, well, we shouldn't have to pay as much federal tax as the people in Kentucky or Ohio since we got such a big local tax.
Speaker 1: Well that's their fault.
Speaker 2: It is their fault.
Speaker 4: And my question is why should somebody in Kentucky pay a bigger portion of their income for the national defense to fund the national defense than somebody in New York does. Just because the governor or the local officials in New York are taxing the crap out of you or California, you shouldn't pay different.
Speaker 2: We should all be paying for the national defense.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't get out of that obligation just because you live in a high tax blue state. But you've got Republicans up here arguing that they should get that deduction that's been put in this big, beautiful bill. So there's a grab bag of goodies in here. There's tax cuts for everybody. Normally, I'm for any tax.
Speaker 2: Cut that we can get.
Speaker 4: The problem is there's only one mechanism that's left to us now that they're not doing the recisions. The only other mechanism to cut spending with only fifty one votes in the Senate is the Big Beautiful Bill. It's called Reconciliation Bill. And they're not cutting spending. They are increasing spending. Now, is it things I would spend money on? Yeah, the military, the wall, there's some you know, a dome. They're saying, a golden dome for the United States. My question is, why don't we have that already. We've been funding it overseas. Not things. These aren't things that I'm against. The problem is you cannot increase ending and cut taxes without affecting our bond rating on the debt we already have. So not only are they going to bring in new debt. That's and this Big Beautiful Bill adds three trillion dollars of new debt to what was already going to be fifty trillion dollars of debt ten years from now, will be at fifty two to fifty three trillion ten years from now. If this bill passes, where we cut taxes and increased spending.
Speaker 2: But not only does it do that, it's going to send a signal to the bond.
Speaker 4: Markets and sovereign wealth funds from other countries that we're not serious about attacking our school issues or addressing them. And they're going to say, you know what, four percent, five percent, that's not enough. We're going to need six percent if we're going to buy your debt. So you're going to take the legacy debt we have and as you so aptly you know, estimated a trillion dollars of interest in the last year payments, that's going to go to one and a half trillion something pretty soon.
Speaker 3: Well, and at some point you know that it's going to result in the collapse of the FIA currency because we're gonna get to the point where we can't afford to pay that that service. I mean correct, that's the trajectory we are on right now. It's like they're fiddling while Rome is burning. It's like, well, screw it, it's on fire. There's nothing we can do. We may as well have a party and go on to spending spree.
Speaker 2: And here's another thing.
Speaker 4: People say, oh, I agree with Massia on everything except some of his foreign policy, and he should be voting on these sanctions and he doesn't vote for sanctions. Guess what, folks, those sanctions are Every time we tell another country that you can't trade in US dollars, we're.
Speaker 2: Actually damaging quite a.
Speaker 4: Quite a nice little scam the US government's got, which is when we print money, as long as Iran and Russia are using US dollars, they have to hold US dollars and we dilute them with inflation. Now, when we tell them you can't use US dollars to transact in a global economy, we are we're basic taking ourselves further and further away from being the standard, the worldwide standard for currencies. And then we don't get to do this trick where we print money every year to pay our debt service that they bought, okay, and and dilute their holdings because they're no longer holding US dollars. So that's the other thing that's coming up, Brian, is not not only will they say we don't want to buy your debt and then the price.
Speaker 2: Will go up because there'll be fewer bidders for our debt. They're they're going to say, we're, well, you didn't let us hold US dollars.
Speaker 4: We're going to go to bricks or one of these other you know, international standards for currency, and we don't need the dollar and then quit holding dollars. We can't dilute their holdings and we and you know, print our way out of this problem. Not that not that I'm saying that's a good thing. I'm just explaining how it works right now and why it hasn't collapsed already.
Speaker 3: Right Well, I mean this is something that every politician, elected official I think probably stands to some degree, although we do have some morons in Congress who think, you know, guamkan capsize. But but that's what bothers me so much about. You know, Okay, everybody needs to cut but me in my state, and you know, I have corn farmers. Therefore, I want the ethanol subs that to remain in place, which is burning food in our engines, which is just dumb. I mean, we don't need to burn ethanol in our cars. It's not environmentally correct. All the pollutants that go out into the world because of the farming industry, generally speaking, I think probably negate any plausible benefit. But we have petroleum that we can refine into gasoline. This isn't like we need a substitute for gasoline because we've run out of petroleum. It's just an outright subsidy of the farmers, and it's forcing on us something we probably wouldn't embrace if we had free market choices. But there they are in Republican states demanding the ethanol subsidy remain.
Speaker 4: When you dedicate hundreds of thousands of acres in your state to growing corn for ethanol, you were raising the least price of that land that somebody would use to grow some other kind of food, or diverting corn that would go into the food supply into some other thing, and you're raising the price of it.
Speaker 2: That's why farmers like ethanol. It raises the price of corn.
Speaker 4: The problem is it's not a natural market demand for that. There's a certain amount of ethanol that you can put into gas lane to improve the nock grating, but once you get past a certain amount, and oh, by the way.
Speaker 1: It reduces your gas mode, it does.
Speaker 4: It burns out your rubber diaphragms and your chainsaw carbon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't use it as those small engine like for a two cycle for example.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what if the cost of all that was known ethotol would be an even worse deal. But we shouldn't be subsidizing, And you're right, I was going to protest earlier when you said you got these blue state Republicans who want this, or that you got some red state Republicans you do want those ethanols. And they're from Iowa and Wisconsin and Minnesota. I mean, they're my colleagues, and they get very squeaky when somebody tras to take those ethanol subsidies away in this But we should, yeah, we should repeal all the all the energy subsidies go back to free market. The thing, you know, the thing that Trump is doing that it's really helping the economy is to reduce regulations and let the free market, you know, provide for our energy needs.
Speaker 3: Well, let the free market. And you know that's another reason all of the the Green New Deal programs should be repealed. Any subsidies going to a battery farm, wind farm, solar panel farm, whatever it happens to be, should be repealed, period, end of story.
Speaker 1: They're not in the market demand.
Speaker 3: If if if the market demanded them, there would be business and industry out there willing to create and build them because people want them. This is something that's been foisted on us.
Speaker 4: I've had two groups of lobbyists and they represent people in Kentucky, which is why I let them in my office. Okay, two different companies who because of Biden's and AOC's Green New Deal when they got it codified into the Inflation Reduction Act, which is irony and ironic. It didn't reduce inflation. But because they said we're going to subsidize these battery plants, people made business decisions to expand in Ohio and Kentucky and Indiana. And so I've got people from Kentucky, two different companies. I'm not going to call them out who come to my office and say, you know, we want to see those battery subsidies remain.
Speaker 2: We made business decisions.
Speaker 4: And my thought is you should make business decisions based on things that make financial sense, not because of some government subsidies. And this is the risk you run when you think Joe Biden's going to get a second term, so you double down on the on the non since.
Speaker 3: You made a Oh look, you made a few business decisions.
Speaker 1: Sucks to be you.
Speaker 3: Let's pause. We'll bring Congress and Messy back a couple other topics. It's eight eighteen fifty five kr C DE talk station, prestige interiors. You need to talk with If you want a kitchen remodeled, h Christ e'gan tier does a wonderful job. Because John Ryan is pressed egonteriers. He'll be sitting down with you at the table from initial design all the way through final installation. Your true partner in kitchen remodeling project does great work. I know that because he redid our kitchen and so many more over his thirty five plus years of doing almost exclusively kitchens. You'll enjoy working with me. He's a really nice guy, a plus with the better business. Fairwell deserve that find him online. Go to Prestige one two three dot com. That's Prestige one two three dot com to check out some of the work he's done to learn more about what he can do for you. The number to reach him five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero.
Speaker 1: Two two nine.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station at Donovan's weather.
Speaker 1: Forecast from Channel nine.
Speaker 3: Clouds scattered afternoon storms and seventy seven overnight. Just cloudy, sixty two for the low, cloudy tomorrow, partly eighty four for the high. Maybe some rain or storms overnight Thursday, with a low sixty eight and a high at eighty five on Friday with another chance at rain sixty three.
Speaker 5: Now traffic time from the UCLF Traffic Center and u SEE Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more at you see how dot.
Speaker 5: Com South Bend seventy one continues slow field zurdle off and on the Red Bank North Found seventy five heavy from Turfoay into town then slow again above seventy four to one accident into town Street. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 3: At about KRC City Talk station. By time was the Congressman Thomas Massy going over the reconciliation Processor. Congressm Massy, I guess I got to ask you the direct question, so I know the House can can cannot afford to lose many people to a no vote on this. It's going to get shot down in flames given the margins, and I guess Speaker Johnson is against it. He came out with an op ed open letter to the public about why he's not in favor because it doesn't cut enough. And I agree with him on that. Are you a no?
Speaker 2: I'm not Speaker Ron Johnson.
Speaker 3: Ron Senator Ron Senator, Senator Johnson. I apologize for that, but easy mistake to make. But Speaker Johnson's all in on the on this thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, it's Ron Johnson, the Senator, and they don't, like you said, they don't have much margin over there. I don't think Rand Paul's going to vote for it because it also increases the that.
Speaker 2: Limit by four trillion dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so where are you on it?
Speaker 2: I'm a no right now.
Speaker 3: That's kind of the way I figured, but I had to ask the question directly, so the tentative, No.
Speaker 4: There were we voted on two things already. That first vote was a framework, a budget framework. It wasn't this bill. It just set up the conditions for this bill, and there were no guarantees that it was going to reduce the deficit. So I was the only republic and know and I say that the Freedom Caucus got half pregnant because they all voted for that framework, saying it's going to get better and denying that they were pregnant when they voted for that thing. Then the Senate sent over a framework that was even worse now. They were told it would get better, but it got worse in the Senate, as things usually do, and they said, Okay, we'll vote for it this time, but we really mean it this time.
Speaker 2: This thing better reduced the deficit.
Speaker 4: So they got three quarters pregnant when they voted for the second framework, and it was myself and Victoria Sparts were the only nos on that. And now this is here. The chickens are coming home to roost. This is the final bill. And I think you've got conservatives who are really torn. I think they're fully pregnant at this point. I think they're going to have to vote for this because they're worried about the president and other things. They don't want to go to their voters and say this is irresponsible. Because here's the thing, Brian, this has new money for a wall. Do you want to go back home and have somebody run against you and say he voted against the big, beautiful bill that have money for the wall.
Speaker 3: But as Donald Trump's demonstrated, we don't need any more wall to stop the influx of humanity from coming across the border. He flipped the switch and it's stopped.
Speaker 4: And I know I'm not I'm not going to weigh in on that. I mean, but it's done a great job.
Speaker 3: But it's a mere fraction of what's in this bill in terms of correct It doesn't.
Speaker 2: In the TeV ads.
Speaker 4: That's right, but you don't get to you don't get to defend the there's going to be tv.
Speaker 2: Ads, and so I know what they're going through. I've been through it before.
Speaker 4: Look, every bill you vote against, every omnibus bill you vote against, probably has a pay raise for soldiers in it. And so they run ads back home saying you voted against the pay raise for soldiers. They don't tell you the rest of the bill is bankrupting the country and that you would have gladly given a pay raise to soldiers if it had been a separate vote on a separate bill.
Speaker 2: And so there's so much stuff.
Speaker 4: In this big, beautiful bill that I think people are good, stuff that people are afraid and if they vote against it because it's fiscally irresponsible. I mean, this is the most fiscally irresponsible thing you can do, Brian. It is to increase spending by hundreds of billions of dollars and cut taxes by trillions of dollars over the next ten years.
Speaker 2: It is not fiscally responsible.
Speaker 3: Well that's why I say, rip the band aid off and suck it up. If they run against you on these little tiny fractions of part of the bill and they're successful at it, fine, they're successful at it. But the meantime, you did the right thing on behalf of the American people and save the country from itself, which is a bunch of politicians who are worried about having a single issue add impacting the potential for them to get re elected. I mean, it's the writing on the walls there.
Speaker 2: But here's my take. Voters are adults.
Speaker 4: I think if you have an adult conversation with your voters and explain all of your votes like I try to do, and tell people what's really in these bills, that they will send you back to Congress because you've developed a level of trust. And that is what I am trying to do here. I'm on your show explaining why this is this is irresponsible a force to vote on, and I'll take a lot of heat for being no. I'll take a lot of heat from all sides, but I can't in good conscience drive this country off a fiscal ledge into the ravine.
Speaker 1: There you go, and that's why you keep getting re elected.
Speaker 3: Congress and Thomas MESSI, you speaking truth to power right there here on the fifty five Casey Morning Show. Congresson MESSI always enjoy having you on, appreciate your willingness to be open and honest with your constituents, and my listening audience and the vast majority of which really truly appreciates what you're doing. So keep up the great work, my friend. I'll look forward, as I always do, to having you back on the program real soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother Tail. To Judge, I said, Hi.
Speaker 1: I'll do it, sir, I will do it. Take care.
Speaker 3: It's eight twenty six fifty five cares to you talk station. Get your car to for in exchange. I take the Westchester location because that's where I get asked you certified master technicians working on my car and fixing my car for a lot less money, which is just exactly what I experienced just the other day at a forty thousand mile maintenance spark plug change, break, fluid change, oil change, filters, everything, And I'm really estimating that I can confidently state I probably saved more than a thousand dollars over what the dealer would have charged me for the exact same service. And I got a full war and term parts in service, and I got treated like a friend. There's such nice people there, and it's not just me because they do commercials for him, but they treat everybody really well for in exchange, great customer service. So take the Towlers or the Legs. It off of seventy five Head East two Street, Tanger right on Kinglin. You will run right into the shop. Tell them I said hi. When you give them a call to schedule the appointment. They are great at what they do. Save heap loads of money on your automobile repairs, whether it's traditional European or Asian import or a Tesla five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online foreign X four in the letter X dot com fifty five KRC when the power goes out,