Speaker 1: Even though we obviously, uh we were not on the air, just absolutely fixated like most of you on what is transpiring here in North Carolina. I if we get to everything today, I'm gonna be absolutely amazed. But you know that's it's just one of those kind of days. I do have to make sure something real quick. I can account for me. I can't, Russ, I can't account for what you were doing. And I just want to make sure I don't have to turn you in. You didn't learn to fly a helicopter, acquire a helicopter and then use it to fly into the remotest parts of the North Carolina Mountains and rescue people who've been standing upright in their own homes in chest deep water for twelve hours.
Speaker 2: You didn't. You didn't do that.
Speaker 3: Let me let me check unfortunately. No, no, okay, can't pilot helicopter. No okay, you would, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just want to I want to make sure you didn't do that.
Speaker 1: You didn't, you know, put a pack string together of horses or mules or anything like that, load it down with supplies like you're an old forty nine or prospector, and also delve into the remotest parts of North Carolina to bring food and insulin and other stuff to those stranded and missing loved ones.
Speaker 2: You didn't do that, did you. No?
Speaker 3: No, No, I did not.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know how to put a pack string together? So to make sure they don't use that again. You didn't start a fundraiser with the intention of doing whatever you can to bring financial aid to people who, frankly just aren't going to feel relieved or happy, to quote the President, with seven hundred and fifty dollars in compensation.
Speaker 2: You didn't do that, did you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: But we did donate, but to a raputable affiliated thing. You didn't start your owns.
Speaker 3: Definitely, not to the government.
Speaker 2: No, okay, all right, all right, so you didn't do that? All right, Well I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't have to turn you into the Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So that's good. I mean, the people you were describing here, they sound super dangerous. Oh yeah, can you imagine some dude with airwolf who doesn't listen to the government.
Speaker 2: Is that that dude? Come on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Ah, that's good.
Speaker 1: I just want I wanted to make sure you were going to smirch the show. You didn't have a thirty year old business up in the mountains somewhere that.
Speaker 2: Isn't so anymore.
Speaker 1: And so you show up to where your thirty year old business is and you see just random people walking all around, and you look in this field that used to be your business that you've operated for thirty years, paying taxes in your community, and you realize that, let's say it's an auto repair business, and now your tools and your lifts and everything else that was inside, which, by the way, I understand if you talk to a mechanic a shop's worth of tools, if you have three bays, multiple shops worth the tools, that's expensive. And then you go try to retrieve your tools so meth heads don't get them to sell and buy meth. You didn't attempt to do that, did you in the mountains?
Speaker 2: See what it now? Ross is having a check.
Speaker 3: I'm just checking my calendar here because some of it sounds familiar, and it turned ye I did not, I did not.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, I just want to I just want to make sure, so dude, you, you and I are the same way, although probably you to a greater extent where if you do have some time off, it doesn't matter whether it's fun, vacation or family time or emergency or whatever. You just you just turning off the flow. I tried to, I try to emulate your commitment to that. I noticed you were unable to do that.
Speaker 3: And I was. And I would say this though, yeah, because I had several friends reach out and they're like, are you a witch? Yeah, and I'm like, well, what do you mean? Am I a witch? This happened to go regularly because because we schedule our vacation in advance, like in advance, we look at it.
Speaker 1: Super in advance. Yeah, I know it doesn't sound like there's a whole but it is the whole thing.
Speaker 3: It has to be, just because the way things are around here because we were season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be very clear.
Speaker 1: We have we have vacation time and we wanted to get that out of the way. So we're here for the last home stretched month uninterrupted.
Speaker 3: But this thing has started to happen, where so we take this time off, we schedule it in advance, we we we go on the vacation that we've scheduled in advance, and then the world falls apart like something horrifical happened every.
Speaker 2: Single time, like we're holding it together.
Speaker 3: The last time we took vacation off, it was the assassination attempt in Pennsylvania. Right before it was I don't remember what it was, but it was something else big before that and before that, I'm like, we should just stop where if we are, we need to give people like advance notice just.
Speaker 2: Whoever is in charge. It's not a bribe.
Speaker 1: It's you know, ament non governmental organization or something with flow through dollars.
Speaker 2: They call it whatever you want.
Speaker 1: As I have to as I'm sitting there and I'm reading this, and let me explain. When whenever there's a hurricane or flooding or some sort of a big disastrous event there from a political component, there's going to be things that come up that strangely will come up depending on who's in office by one side and then the other side of the ah, it doesn't matter. And I hate to see the inconsistency there because I think it distracts that. Being said, there are there are things that are seemingly wholly unique going on here. But I'm not talking about lithium minds, Okay, stop it. What I am talking about is in you know, in in North Carolina, when it happens in your back. And you know, so many people, the amount of people that I talked to, and yes, some of them are government, former government military, Uh, contractors who find themselves uh you know a part of this, contractors who normally do who now don't, and and many others.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of head scratching going on.
Speaker 1: And so you know, people are out there and they're they're asking questions and I'm not talking about all you know, they're they're gonna seize all of western North Carolina and it's black rock and all that that stuff's out there. But the majority of people are sitting there and they're they're literally talking to people they know, or attempting to talk to people and know, or wondering about family members and finally getting in communication with them. And they're hearing these stories and they're they're going, what, what's what's the problem. Why on God's green Earth would you tell a helicopter? Now I under stand the argument that they're going to make, and the argument is, uh, if if you know, if you're a drug, people are using drones to fly insolent places. And then Pete Bootage is like, you, no, you can't do that. Yeah, you can't have too many helicopters out there. It could hamper rescue efforts. I don't know if you know this about helicopter pilots, well, pilots in general, they understand airspace. Which is the reason that when you put this this hold like you did for several hours while Biden came through that, you know they recognize it and they and then they don't go in there as much as they want to. But even when that's not on and you're telling them not to do this because airspace concerns and safety concerns, I would say to you, we deal with this every day quite well. You're bit in New York City and seeing the amount of things going on in that airspace. Western North Carolina could never compete with that. Don't care how many d and drones, by the way, have a ceiling.
Speaker 2: Look this stuff up.
Speaker 1: So if guy's flying and I understand that this is a unique situation with helicopters and drones and any of the rest of that, and there are safety issues, but there are further safety issues about delaying the ability of something. Did you see the picture I think it came from I saw it posted by I think one of the weather people in Charlotte. It's a family of twelve people. I don't know if they're all family, but it's twelve people who are inside of this house and the water is to their their nipples and they're just standing there, waiting, filming, doing whatever they can to try to and eventually they were rescued. You think that person gets a fly and flip about your airspace stuff. And so when I see leaders, I was just reading a tweet this morning from Senator Garrett from Greensboro. You know what, I honestly, you weren't even on my radar, Sir, shut up scolding people or conspiracy theories, and and then you get into and and and and the the the body of the tweet. In fact, let me just read this garbage, because this is what I need. Multi millionaires sitting there and telling people, Oh, you need to you need to not do this. Hey, I got a question, uh, And I saw that several were pressing us to clearly mark Walker, and he's absolutely right. Senator Garrett, you have an eight hundred bed facility in your district that FEMA has dumped in a measurable amount of money. I don't know if it's all FEMA, but the government, the federal government has dumped a crap ton of money into because it's still in the preparing stages. People think that they're housing migrant kids there already, they're not. I'm talking about the old Jewish Day School in Greensboro, which is an eight hundred bed facility which has not just campus for you know, students or or purport you know students, which was an inten or migrants River's house there, but also a substantial living.
Speaker 2: Facilities for staff.
Speaker 1: And you are just a you know, just a couple hours from one of the most impacted or the beginning of the most impacted areas in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? This should be a no brainer. You've already spent the money.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and it doesn't even have to be up to snuff for what it would be for you know, for kids. You think people who just watch their house destroyed, watch their family or friends die, who haven't showered in a week.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video of this.
Speaker 1: There's a company or a charity that their whole gig is they have these big pull.
Speaker 2: Behind trailers which are showers.
Speaker 1: So you know, I've seen these before out on mining sites. Them out for miners who are doing like you know, very rule drilling in Wyoming, as you know, just basically a locker room facility. But imagine, you know, if people haven't showered in a week and that's rolling up there, you think they wouldn't appreciate a little stability right now as they figure things out. I was absolutely disgusted. And then you're accused of politicizing it. What is people supposed to do when they're trying to base how they feel about what is a government program for all practical purposes? And I know that it's not going to be perfect, and you're working with some extreme geographical limitations. And yes, if you look at a list of a map on like go to Google Maps and put the traffic on there or the Apple Maps or whatever you want to do, and then just zoom in and out over North Carolina, that little red thing that's a road that's gone.
Speaker 2: It looks like it looks like Christmas lights. So I don't need to hear from you.
Speaker 1: I don't need to hear I don't need to hear people pondering for six days on whether the National Guard should be up there.
Speaker 2: I it's it's six days.
Speaker 1: Have Ross you ever driven, Well, you've never been to Asheville, right, I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: No, every time we go back to visit Marketing's family in Tennessee, we have to stop in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna say, but you drive past it. You just drove fast.
Speaker 3: We drove through it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did it take you six hours to get there from Raleigh? That's fantail and are different, but they're basically north south. Six hours, I don't think so. No, Okay six days? Did it take you six days?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, you're pretty sure. What do we doing?
Speaker 1: I there's so much I want to talk about this morning, and we got we got a whole bunch of sound.
Speaker 2: I was hoping. I was hoping that we would have.
Speaker 1: We were going to chat with Congressman Corey Mills, who's a Florida congressman who has been up there busting his because I was watching his I just I want his impression, and I think that he'll give it to us.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you. It's not complimentary.
Speaker 1: And I get it that he's a Republican up there, but I'm watching videos where he's showing the stuff that he's talking about, and most of it's positive, by the way, but he has he has concerns. I'm chatting with former Congressman Mark Walker, who's who I saw was really on this. Hey, can we go ahead and get maybe use this female facility that we've paid all this money for when we actually need it right now? And it wouldn't involve ejecting people. Remember when they were housing migrants, they were like kicking veterans out of hotels.
Speaker 2: They just did it. Get at Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: That's not even here, so you know, And I texted him and I'm like, hey, like, did anybody say anything?
Speaker 2: And the run around that he's getting.
Speaker 1: At the state level as somebody who's got to roll it down as a former congressman is what are we doing? These seem easy? And so when you're not doing the easy And again I'm not talking about work, I'm not talking about soldiers. I saw some videos of some National Guards persons. I'm not gonna give any other descriptory. I don't want them to get in trouble. And they're sitting there, they're a uniform, They're.
Speaker 2: Like, what are we doing? Let's go.
Speaker 1: Did they live in North Carolina? And they want they want people not to be suffering up there, and they don't care if it's some you know, blue hair girl who charges ten dollars for writing poems as a busker in downtown Asheville, as or the most dug in government, untrusting backwoods North Carolina. You know a Republican dude, I don't care nobody. I didn't see anybody who was showing up against the advice of authorities to these rural areas with food and insulin and anybody go, who'd you vote for? So I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch that attitude kind of permeate and play out, and and and and watch common sense things not be enacted. Common sense. Yes, again, you can make an argument any way, shape or form, like we have a bunch more vehicles up there, we've got to coordinate it.
Speaker 2: We're we're worried about stability of the round.
Speaker 1: These are all things that are that are logical conclusions because you don't want however, it's it's it's like when you're talking to a doctor, right, and you may have a treatment that at the end of the day, if you're just stand alone healthy and took that treatment, you'd be literally like poisoning your body, or hurting yourself or or doing something that's very dangerous.
Speaker 2: But as as doctors will.
Speaker 1: Tell you, you you weigh that danger against the danger that you're facing. Then and only the do you come up with the prescription. This is something Kevin Campbell used to preach. Doctor Campbell, we have month is the cure as bad as what you're facing, and if it's not, then that's your route of treatment. Anyway, we'll be back lots of sound to get to hang on. I'm so upset with everything that I'm seeing, and again, not to the extent some people are.
Speaker 2: We we don't have to, we don't have to deep dive.
Speaker 1: Into so we'll watch it play out, we'll call it as we see it and learn you where we can. But ultimately, I'm so I can't use the words on the air that you are. You are damn right one of the questions that entered my brain and probably some of yours, and I am I am willing and happy to talk about this after I watch the upending of our constitution, norms and in many cases, laws that the public could agreed upon, that people were trying to do away with in the back room to make sure that during COVID, nobody was left behind for their ability to cast their vote in sometimes extraordinary and as josh Stein found out, illegal manners, that it is wholly appropriate that Western North Carolina is able to evaluate what is going on in their life right now and decide and have.
Speaker 2: Their voice heard for.
Speaker 1: Who they want to be in leadership positions, because this is your litmus test leaders right here. In a lot of places, but specifically Western North Carolina, this is your litmus test. So if you're a congress person, if you're running for governor or president.
Speaker 2: You're a local rep. You're a dog catcher.
Speaker 1: Your citizens need to be able to evaluate you. And I don't I don't at this point, a month away from the election, understand what that infrastructure is going to look like.
Speaker 2: Think about where you vote, Ross.
Speaker 1: You don't tell you have to tell me the location, But what kind of building or facility is where you vote? You're you're precinct for voting. It's like a library. It's a library, okay, Mine is a church. Uh and then they have a senior center right next to it too, which I think they've done it in there before.
Speaker 2: But it's a church.
Speaker 1: You know, churches and libraries a lot of them are gone right. In fact, who was that a hole who ran for Congress? Who got the lunatic we had on the air, who was bemoaning driving in western North Carolina?
Speaker 3: And this is the libraries Pete. Pete gets in arguments with the skeleton pe calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was driving and I just saw I shouldn't see libraries. I saw churches a bunch of buffoons. Yeah, that guy Betty feels good about his tweet.
Speaker 1: He also insulted mountain folk when he was on with us, and I called.
Speaker 2: I'm like, isn't that your district? Anyway? He didn't win, so uh, but yeah, have you ever you ever lived in a just like you If you.
Speaker 1: Live in a in a city like I can walk to my polling, my precinct. It's that close. And some of you are that's the same. You live out of the middle of nowhere, you live in a rural area. Chances are you got to travel. It might be it's probably a volunteer fire station. It could be ten miles from your house. Do you know how hard it is to go ten miles right now in parts of North Carolina? But you know what, I'm sitting here and I'm just I'm giving you my opinion.
Speaker 2: Why don't we talk to somebody who's.
Speaker 1: Been there on the ground, like just was just there and saw what there is to see and has a decades of experience to understand the possibilities that are available and the power to pull the trigger on these things, and and see what his take is. I'm talking, of course about the UH president, President Silver Alert, who decided to come down. And again, I'm not even gonna criticize. Here's my here's where my criticism doesn't lie. I think it's dumb that we play this game when there's a natural disaster, and you've heard me say it, where we decide that uh, the President of the United States if if they don't show up in five seconds themselves. I'm not talking about relief themselves. They hate black people, to quote Kanye, or they hate mountain people or.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I think it's dumb. I don't think it's productive. I think it's one of the dumbest flip flop games have got you out there, because I don't want the president of the United States going to a disaster area where they are actively providing aid in a chaotic situation.
Speaker 2: It's pointless, it's useless.
Speaker 1: It shuts down airspace, it shuts down the ability of people to move around in that area. It's absolutely pointing. That's not where my criticism lies. This is where my criticism lies. This is Biden outside of the White House, little press gaggle, little question thrown in his way about the storm. And if I say the storm, do you think that there is a place in the South that in the United States? For that matter, if I say the storm, do you think there's anybody who's moderately plugged in that doesn't immediately realize I'm talking about the hurricane right Because these are the thoughts that I have. There's nobody in the US right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Understand if there's multiple storms, and yes, multiple states were hit, but everyone knows what you're talking about. And it's not just even geographic. It's flipping nationwide. It's that devastating. It was an eight hundred mile across storm.
Speaker 2: Think about that. Now. If you say the fire, that might be regional.
Speaker 1: You guys probably don't know this, but right above the mountains, right above where I grew up, there's a big fire called the Elk Fire, and it is absolutely devastating, and I think they're going to have to evacuate the town of Dayton, Wyoming, where I have friends and everybody lived up the road up red Grade there. I think a lot of their houses are gone. So that's region. But the storm is the storm.
Speaker 2: So if you're the.
Speaker 1: President of the United States, where this is immediately recognizable, how does this happen?
Speaker 5: What do the states the storm zone need, like the president, what are the states of the storm zone?
Speaker 3: What do they need?
Speaker 7: What you saw today on.
Speaker 6: The storm zone?
Speaker 8: Yet there, I'm knowing what storm is talking about.
Speaker 9: That's everything that they need.
Speaker 6: They're very happy.
Speaker 1: So I am I wrong because that's not how that's every conversation that I had, everything that I saw. You're telling me that everything is manipulated media on Twitter, all of these videos, videos that we're gonna play the audio.
Speaker 2: Is that all I should just jettison? That is this? Don't believe my eyes? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What do you mean they're happy? What a what a stupid thing to say? Collectively? And I don't care what it is. You could have a program giving away free Obama phones and everyone's not gonna be happy.
Speaker 2: Check it. There were stabbings this is.
Speaker 1: This is people who just lost everything that are highly emotional.
Speaker 2: They're all happy. How do you think they're going to react to that? Now?
Speaker 1: This is where thoughts enter my brain that some of you would describe as conspiratorial. But I'm gonna explain to you why it's not me sitting here and saying that I'm concerned with the ability of individuals. It's not because it just happens to be a deeply read part.
Speaker 2: Don't be fooled.
Speaker 1: Ashvill and Boone do their thing, but the moment you get outside of the city limits, that's red. And it's so read that even their collective counties are read by the time they get done counting votes. Do you understand what I'm saying, Bunkham and Wataga, It's it's It's not you're saying it's playing politics, because it involves politics, But I think it's a It's a referendum on the job you're doing right now, and if you think the job that you're doing in these ways. He doesn't have to he was asked what do they need? He wasn't even asked how do they feel?
Speaker 2: Some of them.
Speaker 1: Feel happy and and and probably guilty because their home wasn't taken, and they're they're watching their neighbors devastated. Some of them feel reinvigorated, uh, in the sense of tragedy, because that's their general nature. But a whole hell of a lot of them feel abandoned. They feel like you don't care. They feel like their leadership is missing an action, and they feel offended that they would sit there and attempt to salvage their own belongings only to be screamed at by a person in uniform following orders.
Speaker 2: That's how they feel. They don't feel happy, and and and and and.
Speaker 1: Saying that, frankly, I understand why there may be people behind the scenes who go, you know, we don't really have to be quick about this because we got election here in a month. Because let me tell you, do you want people in western North Carolina go into the polls as a referendum on your leadership right now?
Speaker 2: I would argue that you don't.
Speaker 1: So if you don't, and you want to call me a conspiracy theorist, while I have watched for years.
Speaker 2: Where you accuse.
Speaker 1: A grand conspiracy of back door cigar smell, cigar smoke filled rooms of evil goop, going, how do we disinframe, enfranchise black people. And then they laugh evil in the night that you put that out there as this act as some secret cabal or project twenty twenty five and this conspiracy stuff to uh to go after your opponents. And you think people are capable of all of these things en mass your political opponents, then why are why would people not think you're capable? Hell, you're the one who thought it up. And it's as simple as.
Speaker 2: This slow roll what you're doing. A month is a long time.
Speaker 1: But not when you're talking talking about that level of devastation. So excuse me that people look at you who accuse your political opponents of grandiose conspiracies are dragging feed or making changes, all in a targeted effort to return to the heyday of your party. I'm talking you know, Clan Jim Crow, that you think that there is these these these cabals doing that. Excuse me when people look at what you're doing and wonder if you're projecting.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we will talk about it, and holy hell, what what what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing?
Speaker 1: And then you send Pete Buddha Jeedge sit there and tell some guy who's flying insulin to a guy who can't get out of his property. Who's going to go into a diabetic coma?
Speaker 2: You tell him this.
Speaker 10: Our goal is to make sure that funding is no obstacle to very quickly getting people the relief that they need and deserve. There's also some safety issues that come up, for example, uh, temporary flight restrictions to make sure that the airspace is queer for any flights or drone activity that that might be involved in helping to allow those emergency responders to do their.
Speaker 2: Shut up again.
Speaker 1: I inherently understand why drones and helicopters don't mix drones in playing any of that, but I also I also have a certain trust level with altitude restrictions, competency, and and the people that.
Speaker 2: Are out there.
Speaker 1: To to go ahead and handle this to be more on. Do you know how loud A helicopters not the black ones that follow you around at night? Those ones are on silent mode. There's nothing you can do about it. But really, you know, loud a freaking helicopter is russ You ever been in a helicopter?
Speaker 3: I could tell you. I heard a bunch of them this this past week.
Speaker 2: Oh were you up in the mountains? I thought you said, you weren't up in the mountains.
Speaker 3: No, No, Like I said, we'd schedule a vacation way out. So and I'm not.
Speaker 2: Foot of the mountains, right, typically mountains.
Speaker 3: No, typically we would we would post photos of our vacation, right. But but we're sitting there with this seems like an awful thing that we're not going to do it. But where you are sitting there, we're at North topsail uh, and you can hear these helicopters fly out from before you can see them. You can hear them.
Speaker 2: They're there. Yeah, I get points not far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's where they do their their training or whatever it is, because there's so many there's a lot of bases out there. They fly back and forth.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's so much training ground. Yeah, driving up in there, and it extends all the way to like like way north of there too. They got so much crazy room where they do the bomb testing. So, yeah, you hear a lot of military stuff there.
Speaker 2: So that's weird.
Speaker 1: So they had a bunch of helicopters flying over huh, tons of them. Yeah, where were they were they flying west?
Speaker 3: It's back and forth across North topsil Oh, I get I.
Speaker 2: Can tell you that you're new to the state.
Speaker 1: North topsail is it's it's the beach, which is not western North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Any I can tell you like being on vacation and looking at all this stuff that's happening, right, you feel horrible because you're on vacation, but also like having a hard time sleeping at night, and then your your brain does drift into politics, and it felt horrible about it because there's people suffering and there's people dying, and you see all these videos and they're just got awful. Right, But just start thinking, and Marky said, what's wrong? And I'm saying, well, the margin of victory is so thin, right, and you've got these red counties that have just been completely wiped off the map. Yeah, these people are probably gonna be more vote motivated to vote, especially when you give them, you know, the insulting seven hundred and fifty dollars or whatever. It is unhappy that you can't even have and how are you even going to access that money? How are you supposed to access that money if you don't have internet? Right, even if these people are motivated to vote, how are they going to vote? Are they going to be able to vote? That could definitely, I mean, you hate for your brain to go there, but still, but also you don't.
Speaker 2: Want to deserve me. You don't deserve a voice.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what, the comedy to win and be running the running the country. That could definitely flip the steep blue.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you know what, the person currently running the country to still be running the country. This is why it's so much crazier. She's in office, Ray, I don't want to give her a promotion. Mm hmm. She's in office.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you know generally who within the cabinet oversees FEMA. I understand, I understand that there's pass through, but it's kind of like NASA and what they do when you get into the AID part of it.
Speaker 2: It's the vice president.
Speaker 1: Now, it's it's somewhat ceremonial, but what are we doing. Who more deserves a voice one month from now on how their government's doing than folks whose very existence will be predicated probably but not not all. A lot of tough people out they're going, you know, stru Allio, but a lot of people whose existence may hint on what the government does.
Speaker 2: So that's not playing politics. I'm sorry, that's not.
Speaker 1: Playing politics, and and you know, if the net result just happens to be uh, you know, more red people than blue people, well that's just the reality of it. I thought it didn't matter. I'm not sitting here saying, oh, well, you know, don't whatever you do, don't give aid to Ashville to just use it to buy drugs and hit cops or there's none of that.
Speaker 2: I don't care you.
Speaker 1: I enjoy Ashville as crazy as it is, even though homeless people attack me with cigarettes and some of the some of the drum circles.
Speaker 2: It don't smell so nice. But I don't I don't wish them. Ill will and you know what's going to be crazy. What will be wild to me is.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to see if you do, if you do get a full vote in Asheville and they're able to facilitate this, and I understand there's murmurs that the legislature here in North Carolina's.
Speaker 2: Going to try to do something.
Speaker 1: I I wonder if Asheville's demographics look the same. I don't mean people leaving necessarily, there's going to be some of that, but once you're able to get a full total, I wonder if people go, what the hell man?
Speaker 2: Six days later.
Speaker 1: Anyway, six point fifty two, hang on, we'll be back. We got we got a bunch, we're going to get to just a little nuggets, little thing. Probably if you've been paying attention on social media, you've seen a lot of this.
Speaker 2: But hey, I'm here for those of you who you know.
Speaker 1: We're busy, maybe I don't know, trying to figure out how to help rescue family members the story, because again, this is this is impactful obviously for so many people. But even if your home in the Triangle or now I'm by Fayetteville or wherever you live in Green's bro didn't you know, didn't get the impact here. Chances are if you've lived in this state for five minutes, you know somebody up there.
Speaker 2: You I was thinking.
Speaker 1: About all the people that I know up in the mountains spread across I have.
Speaker 2: I have people I know very well in Ashville.
Speaker 1: I have very very very good friends up in the Sparta area back in ash County, And that's where my mind goes.
Speaker 2: And and so many of you are.
Speaker 1: Still wondering, what is even a week later, what is the full impact, what is it going to be, How is it going to play out. And so you spent your you spent your week and uh and and you know, talking to family members, what what are we going to do? Maybe your parents still live up there or they retired up there, and your grandfather or whatever, what do you?
Speaker 2: What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: People are having to make these hard choices and the while this is happening. And that's what I want to hear from from you. U.
Speaker 2: You have may Orcis out there.
Speaker 1: Listen to the report. We're gonna get your calls right after this audio cuck listen to the reporter attempt to clarify what sounds like he misspoke. You know, the classic politician, not just politicians, but this is very normally here where they're talking about dollar amounts and they mean to say trillion, but they say billion, or they mean to say billion but they say trillion. You know, like when Nancy Pelosi was saying, like three hundred and fifty million people are den she mean three hundred fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how he got.
Speaker 1: There, but I was going back to the COVID stuff, right, So it is not unusual for reporters who want to clarify. So when may orcus says this. I understand why the reporter wants to clarify because it sounds insane. See if you can figure out what I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: As a secretary, do you have a sense of how much money it's going to cost A to do this relief effort and B to do the rebuild effort wants to get there, and how much of that will be covered by companies and how much will be covered by the government.
Speaker 12: So this is a multi billion dollar undertaking in terms of the search and rescue and the response. I should note that we already have approved approximately one point seven million dollars in individual assistance that individuals million that individuals will be able to access. I believe what as early as tomorrow. It is a direct deposit into their accounts. But the rebuilding is something that is not for today, but that is going.
Speaker 1: To shut up one point seven million. You realize there's more people that live in what we would consider western North Carolina, right, I think it's it's pretty close. That's a dollar per person there. And I understand you talk about seven hundred and fifty and it's it's early, and you know you're saying more to that's it don't say that number out loud.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: It's like a conversation Ross And I don't know if you mentioned this, but let me throw this out there. You know, what's going to be impactful in people's minds that seven hundred and fifty dollars one point seven million total and immediate aid. And you're telling folks to go to an ATM in a place with no power.
Speaker 2: Dude, It's it's absolutely infuriating.
Speaker 3: It's one of the things while we were out that really when I saw that number, the seven hundred and fifty dollars, it pissed me off. It really made me angry because you know, as a functional working adult, you pay, and you pay and you pay, and even when you die, they make you pay. And then somebody you're paying and then your life falls apart, you lose absolutely everything, and they and then you have Kamala Harris there on video talking about let them eat their seven you know, seven hundred and fifty dollars, your hurt eat let them eat their hurricane cake or whatever it's. It's it's and even people are like a devil's advocate. Well that was for groceries. Okay, fine, where are they supposed to buy the groceries. Where where are they supposed to put the groceries? Are they going to be able to access the funds to buy the groceries? It's so insane.
Speaker 1: Ault we're going to be perfect, right, No, it isn't, and I don't expect any government to be perfect, but these are logical questions.
Speaker 3: Especially and I'm not the first person to think this, and this is this is why I think it's so impactful, especially after we've said so much money over and over again. Every two months we hear, oh, we're sending another twenty three billion dollars to Ukraine or whatever it is. Really there's people that are like suffering this catastrophic event and you are offering them seven hundred fifty dollars. That's what you think these people are worth? It is so and I think this is why, and I mentioned this on on x and on Facebook. I think this that number seven hundred and fifty is going to have more of an electoral impact than any god awful debate performance that anyone could have. And that's the other inferiating part. Right, you have you have this horrible thing that happened, and remember when when when George Bush flooded the Katrina response. It's all you saw on the media for months on Loop twenty four to seven. This is Kamala Harge.
Speaker 2: The FEMA director. Yeah, who's Michael brad the original Michael Brown.
Speaker 3: This is this is Kamala Harrison's Katrina, right, that is what this is. And instead the journalists are focused on Oh. During the debate, Vance talked over a moderator and a man's played shot up.
Speaker 2: He broke the fourth wall.
Speaker 3: This is a thing that people can really relate to, this seven hundred fifty dollars, and I don't think they realize it, but I think it's going to have a huge electoral impact because people across the political spectrum when they see that, and they are people that we like. I said, you pay, and you pay, and you pay, and then you get the seven hundred and fifty that is infuriating.
Speaker 1: I'm not bragging at all. I spent seven hundred and fifty dollars on Tuesday and it was a combination of groceries and apply a countertop applient, So I'm not gonna get it. We get off into a whole discussion countertop appliance and a few things at Walmart and it was seven hundred. Now, granted one of the items was like four hundred dollars, but I spend seven hundred and fifty dollars in one day in a Walmart this week, and it goes like that, seven hundred and fifty dollars. If you're lucky to be able to find a way to spend it. People, you're right, people aren't gonna forget it. All Right, let's go to the.
Speaker 2: Calls, Dave, what's up? Hello, day, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 13: Yeah? You know, I got a few things I'd like to say. First of all, I'm going to just rid of your stations right always from Clemens almost to the beat, like some of the governors and some of the concern and the senators are listening.
Speaker 2: How dare I sat on North tops and listen to this station? But anyway, go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 13: Yeah, hey Molly Mont. We'll get a house out in advance so I can hear you. Anyway, we need to get to find that what we're gonna do about this vocal because there's thousands of people in my the the voting, I think they neither payout needs to be at least two thousand per person, not the seven hundred dollars, sister.
Speaker 1: They're during Katrina, they criticized this where you're supposed to get and and they were handing cash out and at the end they transitioned to cash and so I thought it was a lesson learned there because it made sense. So you're right, sir, these are easy questions that people need to think about.
Speaker 2: And people.
Speaker 13: What burns me up there is I know you get some signatures and congressmen and probably in the governor listening to the station. I wish some of them would call in acted not retired, but acted congressman signatures and stuff there listening.
Speaker 1: Any state or federal let me say this, or any state or federal lawmaker wants to call this show right now, I will. You will be next up. I will put listeners, no offense. I will put listeners to the side for a moment so you can call and to me why this isn't an unmitigated disaster. I'm with you, Dave, and I will offer the forum right now to them. The phone numbers eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Are you happy? Because Biden says you're happy? And if you're not, what are you doing about it? All right, sorry, sir, I want to throw that out.
Speaker 13: I'm right, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, you got the point I want to hear from them down. You know, because we have an airbnb up and Cherokee. We can't even get to it.
Speaker 2: Oh we didn't run it to the FEMA people. It took over the casino.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: They have the whole casino up there, which is good because and and yeah go maybe we'll recoup some of our tax dollars that we paid out.
Speaker 2: And I don't want this to be Dave. Did you have one other thing you want to say? You good, sir.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I got one other thing I wanted to say it. I just can't Molly. You just said, how the heck are you going to access the seven hundred dollars? And how are we going to vote? That's why say two things. I want to know that. Yeah, I'm just getting frustrated about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, I'm I'm I the the Thanks for the call, Dave. You ever get those you ever get those dark thoughts where you think you want to whack somebody with a hammer, not anyone specific.
Speaker 2: You're just so like ah, and I don't mean an you understand what I'm saying, but like you, you get that this the anger courses through you the on multiple occasions.
Speaker 1: I'm because and and and it's not it's the smugness of it all. Oh, you're not an approved vendor again. You could make an argument, in an effort to keep scammers and people from manipulating and attempting to take advantage of of a disaster like this, that you have you have to have some filters. But what businesses of yours? If a truck driver hauling a load of crates of non perishable food wants to go drop it somewhere where they've said they'd take it, and you're telling them they can't, Who the hell are you? Who the hell are you to tell a helicopter pilot who went and rescued half of a couple that he can't go back and rescue the other half.
Speaker 2: Who the hell are you?
Speaker 1: That's what That's what did it to me? Adam, Thanks for hanging on.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 7: So I'm making my first trip into a place called Little Switzerland on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll stop there all the time.
Speaker 1: They got a chocolate store there and uh oh yeah it's good people watch there man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I'm originally from West Virginia, born and raised in Appalachia, And as soon as I've seen this, I immediately knew that nobody was coming for these people. So Sunday I learned down a pile of water went into Little Switzerland. I saw no government on the ground at all. It was just local people. The place is completely devastated.
Speaker 1: Million well, hold on, hold out for Little Switzerland where they have like the hotel, restaurant, the chocolate chop. That that place got hit too, because that's high up. That's right off the Blue Ridge there.
Speaker 7: Man correct sir, I was cutting by way through the Blue Ridge Parkway with my James Sawt. I was only able to make it to a place called Big Land Lodge. Actually couldn't even get all the way to Little Switzerland because that part of the Blue Bridge Parkway had a slip on it and you could get through it.
Speaker 1: Sure, I assume parts of the Blue Ridge obviously you're gone, But I'm just like Little Switzerland. I don't know what the actual elevation is, and maybe I miss thinking it, but Little Switzerland's up there. That drive from Little Switzerland to Asheville is almost straight downhill.
Speaker 7: It's between twenty five hundred and twenty seven hundred feet, the road just disappeared. I drove through multiple places where I was in the ditch because it was the guardrails are hanging off the road.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw some people make crazy decisions on ATVs and in vehicles. In some video, I saw a mom with her kids staring at a ravine ahead of a ten mile walk with the roads washed out, telling her kids they're going to climb over a house. Imagine you were with your young children and everything's gone. You have backpacks, and now you have to navigate your family in a treacherous climb over a ravine in a house to get to safety. I can't fathom it. So do you tell me? Do you think in a month people are going to be going to the polls?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. So that was like after I had in that, I realized these people are not going to vote. They order through the lowest voter turnout from western Washington in probably modern history, and I just believe it's politically motivated. It's too easy to have.
Speaker 1: I want to be clear clear, you're not the guy calling and saying they did it with the heart machine. Because I saw people couching it. What you're talking about is the urgency to remedy.
Speaker 7: This, right, The urgency to remedy this is non existent. I try not to be a conspiracy curist. I do that about a thousand but I'm not going to get into all of that praisiness right that we see out there right now. It's just very obvious that the people of bat Palaccia are always secondhand citizens and the government. I mean, they're worth seven hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Is I gotta I gotta, I gotta spam text from one of these organizations that does voter turnout stuff, you know, just spam like, hey, how would you like to be a voting ambassador for Kamala Harris? Will pay you a four hundred dollars stipend, right, which is basically vote buying in my opinion. But they just offered me half of what somebody whose house floated away was offered.
Speaker 7: So yeah, prett quick, there's no work for them to even spend that money. High, there's no I saw one gas station they must have had their own generator, and the lines were like half a mile long for it. I'm sure that ran out of gas. That would would have been on Monday morning. I'm actually had it in the Marshall, North Carolina right now with another lawyer, though I'm trying to make it into there today.
Speaker 1: Well good luck to you, sir, and uh if they give you any grief. We want to hear about it, right because I mean, it's not happening, but I feel that it is all right. I appreciate that. And that's the other that's the other thing about people. Let me tell you this, this is it's not just mountain people. I whack, you know, whax a nostalgic community because I grew up in the mountains.
Speaker 2: But I rule people again, even though they don't live there anymore, they'll get up and take care of business. That's it.
Speaker 1: There's a reason that mom said there with their kids and what we're gonna walk ten miles? You know why, because my mom would have said that a natural desire. I'm not playing with.
Speaker 3: You, right, naturally, realise these are self sufficient people.
Speaker 1: Yes, you realize. We get stuck at on a ranch for two weeks. We had to buy We co own a greater. Do you know that we co own a great You know why because government a coming to make that road passable.
Speaker 2: You do what you gotta do. And you're telling people that are do what they got to do and are prepared to the extent that they can be. There's seven hundred and fifty bucks. I'll just go to the store.
Speaker 1: Well, I love it out here. I don't know why didn't you live near a store, sir? All right, we'll be over at the Cherokee Casino playing blackjack. Scrollio seven twenty two CaCO Day Radio program. More of your calls coming up, and we'll give you some of those videos that I being told don't exist by the president.
Speaker 2: Because everyone's happy.
Speaker 1: That sound like people that are not happy. Hang on, by the way, all you hoarders. You saw the now to be fair. That's infuriating all on its own. The dock workers strike, especially when you look at the numbers and and what it was not their.
Speaker 2: Week to do this.
Speaker 1: It frankly probably what people had zero bandwidth for this, right. We just talking about the seven hundred and fifty dollars in the devastation and you're sitting there going, yeah, we're gonna go and yeah, they offered us a big raise, but it's not enough.
Speaker 3: Ray You're like, oh, maybe I can like say with you guys, what are you guys making right now? They're like, oh, we're making, like I don't know, an average of one hundred and thirty six thousand a year. And they in place, you're.
Speaker 2: One thousand available in overtime just for asking.
Speaker 3: Right, and they were gonna give you the fifty percent increase and you're like, nah, we want seventy whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think the current offer that they're gonna take a two week pause from the strike, it's sixty two or sixty three percent.
Speaker 2: I don't have it right now. I hope they automate the crap out of it.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the problem that was you went on and you saw people reacting to this, and then when they saw the numbers, so like bringing the robots, what the hell are you doing? And keep in mind when you shut down the ports and it's fresh in people's mind what happened is during during COVID, right, and and that was that was a you know, that wasn't a complete shut down, but it almost was you're gonna shut him down. Yeah, And then you couple that with no sympathy that you see the dude, who's.
Speaker 3: The I was gonna say. And then then you have like the gangster guy running it, who's saying he's gonna cripple everybody. Well, he's inside his nine hundred thousand dollars house. Was Bentley in his yacht outside?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? Yachts?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, sorry plural right, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Elon Musk mention that he has this guy has some more yachts than he does. Well, you know, I have the same number of yachts that he does. Elon see him on a yacht. He must rent them. He's probably a renter. But which is fine. If you wants to own a yacht. He can't, right, who cares? Yeah, but I'm saying, don't. Don't go on and be like, oh whoe is us? We can barely survive off our one hundred and thirty six thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Although, to be fair, if you make one hundred thirty yeah, he doesn't make a hundred and thirty six thousand, Just to be clear, you making hire, no sales, and you got yachts and a Bentley and an estate.
Speaker 3: No, they're saying he made like like around a million a year. Whatever it was yeah, so like people aren't having sympathy. And then you couple that with uh, you know rond de Santis did. Ronda Santis said, you know, Port of Miami's kind of a big deal, kind of a big deal.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure where it ranks, but it's up there, Baltimore, Miami. I'm trying to think, what.
Speaker 1: Are our biggest East Coast sports? Baltimore, Miami? Uh I is it? It's not New York. I mean, New York is a busy port, but just in the shipping of goods. But Wilmy, you know, we got we do a lot of business. Where where was our governor? Where was Roy Cooper along with Rond de Santis sitting there? And and obviously he could almost make it. He could say he wants to do it, but he needs to send the National Guard to the mountains, so he would even have an excuse not to do it for political expedients.
Speaker 3: This is amazing. I'm saying. What we need to do is like just hear me out. We need to clone him forty nine times, okay, and every state gets their own run.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a bonus because inevitably one of these moonbats will shoot at.
Speaker 3: Him allre you right, So all right, find fifty fifty five. Okay, that's fair, get behind the science. It's a morbid calculation.
Speaker 2: But am I wrong? I remember for a long time Donald Trump, Supreme Evil DeSantis a close number.
Speaker 1: Two in the minds of these lunatics. Yeah, he said, we're not shutting down the port of Miami. And because you're not just short, you're not just shutting down. From a work standpoint, the port many how many of you are driving a big rig right now? Who if the port shuts down, you're at home where you're fighting off everybody else for loads that don't involve the you know, any shipping that's got to go through a port.
Speaker 3: And this the optics on this were so awful, right, and then they were like, oh, well, we were suspending the strike until what is it, January fifteenth, right after the inauguration?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 1: I thought they suspended it for the initial vote for two weeks.
Speaker 3: No, I was reading January fifteenth.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, I want to make sure that I have it completely accurate. Yeah, I think that there were two dates in there. And I just we kind of got off on this because I was thinking about it all right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: I got it in front of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, January fifteenth, to a lot of times, negotia. You're absolutely right. So what was the I think the October date was to submit it to.
Speaker 2: The deal, to the initial deal, to the negotiat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think maybe that's what I think the optics behind this. People realized how much they were making. They got super pissed off, right, and it's during this huge catastrophic hurricane that people are trying to recover from, the holidays are coming up. I think may Or Pete gets on the phone, he's like, Yo, can y'all install this until like after the inauguration? And then if Trump does win, right then it's gonna he's it's gonna to be his responsibility and be like, oh, look at the dock workers aren't striking. Everything's falling apart because of Trump. You sound like a conspiracy theorist here, do you know.
Speaker 1: They also announced that they're going to release those remember those Biden records from the university that everyone's like, hey, can we see those and they're like, no, you can't, they're in a secret vault or whatever. So and then they went over the archives the Archives has announced they're going to go ahead and release those Did you see that over the weekend?
Speaker 3: No, I missed it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're going to be releasing them on the sixth of November. Oh oh, what does that date stand out? So Wednesday? Let's see why? Now why does that say it's Wednesday, January or excuse me, November sixth?
Speaker 2: They really why does that stand out?
Speaker 6: Ross?
Speaker 2: Can you think of anything?
Speaker 3: No, but I'm just having this, this thought, this popped in my head. That were actually led by a holes and a lot of them deserve prison.
Speaker 2: I mean, some would say that's the case. Some would say, you're not far off. Man. You think this woman's got any time for dock workers strikes? You're out of here.
Speaker 1: You sweating on the pant By the way, the person who commented on this video, I can't believe she's swearing in front of her kids.
Speaker 2: Eat a bag of hit the wrong button, damn it?
Speaker 1: Those Okay, you don't know what's in the bag, but I'll let you fill in the blankes.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The woman trying to cross a super canyon full of rushing water on a deteriorated road about to climb over a house with her kids swore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are times that you swear in front of your children, and I imagine that's probably one of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I mean I'm not a parent, so I'll yield to you, but I feel like that sounds appropriate.
Speaker 2: This is basically what's stopping us from getting.
Speaker 6: Out of here.
Speaker 1: Climb over the house. Decisions you're held are those kids? What do you think the youngest is five six? You're wrangling kids that aren't in high school yet on like on Lewis and Clark Adventure.
Speaker 2: So I'm on team. We're led by a holes.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the far Bryan, you're up next, Go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, how you doing, jay Zy?
Speaker 2: I'm doing, sir.
Speaker 9: So Friday morning, when I left out from Statesville, I got out from work early. My girlfriend was at Mornington and I drove from Statesville to Mordington around nine thirty ten o'clock. And I stayed in the left lane all the way on forty there's cars getting hit by trees and everything. I had to get off on exit one oh four because they shut down the highway right there and go around, and I could not reach her. I could not get in touch with her. To ask or what she needs for supplies. I saw it. My food line grabbed like hamburger, hot dog, get just little things.
Speaker 2: And cook up and other stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I was I was really shaking to go through.
Speaker 2: Is she okay here?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's okay. She owns a greenhouse there in Morganton and uh she lost a lot of products. Uh she she grew a lot of mums and stuff and it devastated that. Uh there's a bridge that's near her house off of sixty four that got totally wiped out, so now people have to go around, uh basically a mountain to get to her. I did cook a pot roast over the fire in a Dutch of it, which was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at that you don't like, because you know, people make do man, people figure stuff out.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're among them.
Speaker 13: So yeah, they.
Speaker 9: Haven't started their generator in like three or four years. And I broke it out, got it all fixed up, and then the cord on it, the contacts were all coroded. To sit there with a fingernail file to file contact to get it running.
Speaker 2: I've literally been there.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, all right, Well, hey, I'm I'm sure she's glad you're out there, and I'm happy she's okay. Thank you for the call there, Ryan, it is crazy. Let me fit one more call in this segment. We'll get to the rest here in the next Lorraine, and go right ahead, Hello, Loraine, Good morning, Lorraine. All right, put her on hold, and I think.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put her on hold? Why is that not putting her on hold?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: It goes all right, let's is it Race Stagic today. Let's get mister mister Stagic Are you there? Yes, sir, yep, we're here. Bro. We haven't talk sense, we haven't. It's been a while. Well, I mean, I can't even. I remember.
Speaker 1: I remember our conversation distinctly, and you used a word on Friday, and you said, I don't use that word lightly, and it was you.
Speaker 2: Know, it was gast catastrophic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said you made a point when you don't people get when they see a constant twenty four to seven news and everything's the end of the world, even on the weather, sometimes people disregard things.
Speaker 2: And that stood out to me.
Speaker 3: And now I remember raised tone on front and I told my wife, I said, I don't I said, when Ray came on the air on Friday. I've never heard him that serious before my life, and it was like, this is going to be a big deal.
Speaker 1: It's like I tell people are scared of fly and if you see a flight attendant looking like she thinks she's going to die, that's when you get concerned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you know, And here's what happens is that you read within some of the discussions, and sometimes you read it whether it's the Weather Service of the hurricanes or anybody. Really there's always these words you have to before the precede, a word like catastrophic. You know, it's like potentially you know, could be life threatening or it was you know, is when you stay away from that and just say this is going to be a category where you're almost certain that it's going to be a catastrophic event for some I don't know, I was a there's a pretty high confidence and right you know it just I I can't even.
Speaker 1: It's catastrophic, not just because of the size of what you know, you're looking at the picture of that storm versus Katrina, which I saw a post everywhere, I mean an eight hundred miles storm. I mean, it's just like that's crazy but also even when you hear that and you live at the top of a mountain, right and there's twenty six hundred feet below you or whatever it.
Speaker 2: Is, and you're house washed away.
Speaker 1: Yeah that And I saw these I saw these people and these controls that come out.
Speaker 2: They're just like, well, maybe you shouldn't live in a flood zone, you would think, right about. They're just not at the beach.
Speaker 1: They're not at you know, they're not out on the outer banks with the house on stilts.
Speaker 2: They're they're in a mountain hollow.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's yeah, you know, part of the legacy of Helene will be will anybody remember that the precursor and the six plus inches rain they got before Helene got there?
Speaker 2: Now you take that element.
Speaker 5: Out, you know, what do you have? And it will never be able to answer that question.
Speaker 2: But that really didn't help saturation right.
Speaker 5: Right, because we had this trough, I had this front in some areas before Helene came in at over six inches of rain the day before or cumulically over I think it was two or three days, and so the ground saturated, the rivers were already running high, and I I couldn't I couldn't imagine because you know, we had that little shift in the track east and you know, originally, let's go back a day or two from you know, from when the event happened, that track was supposed to be further west. It was supposed to be eastern Georgian. Yeah, and into Tennessee. So you know, with that shift, and Sadley, I don't know, sadly or not, I've got some guilt about all this, but I wasn't Clemson, and the center came right over the top of us. So the tree came down and barely missed the house that we were staying in.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: And the power was out from the entire time we got there. We actually had power out before the storm even came.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 5: And I was talking to Mark over in Ashville and I said, let's try to get on in the morning because it's coming right over, so it's heading right to you. And I could never. It was about six a m. And I could never. Once it's started with.
Speaker 1: Mark uh after the weekend, and he was just giving me this skinny because you know, we understand it from how do you how do you make the sausage during the situation when you're in the studio. They stayed on the air broadcasting man.
Speaker 2: For Yeah they did.
Speaker 1: I understand, Yeah, and he's good on them, but it's it's it's crazy, all right. So here's what I gotta ask you real quick. Sure, And I know there's the last thing people want to talk about. What is what is the other stort?
Speaker 5: Kirk like, Okay, let's go through that quickly. Let's go through this please, Kirk's a major Atlantic, no threat going away well away from US Leslie central eastern Atlantic, moving away from well away from the US mainland, not even into the islands. The next storm would be Milton. So we're past the l storm.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: If we do get a name storm, it would be Milton Milton. Yeah, I don't name them like Milton Bradley.
Speaker 2: But we get a pizza place in Raleigh.
Speaker 5: That's pizza, So that's where we would be. And there's an area of thunderstorms. It's going to take slow a lot of time in the Southern Caribbean in the Gulf.
Speaker 2: That may get into the Gulf next week.
Speaker 5: It's going to bring heavy rain to Florida areas that were hit by Helene over multiple days. But things just aren't happening quickly. The good news is it looks like if something does form, it is going to be south and it's going to be Florida next week. Certainly not good news for them, but for here in the Western Carolinas, especially in East Georgia, where there's still got power out and it may not rain here again. Some spotty stuff today, but it may not rain here again for the next two weeks. So we're going into dry, mild weather, a little bit cooler next week. Ac So the news is good on the weather front for the next several days. I don't like going out too far, but as I told Mark, I'm willing to extend myself, you know, ten days, maybe longer after I.
Speaker 2: Waited to get a best guess from you. For sure. Hey, I gotta go, but double chat an hour. Appreciate it.
Speaker 8: I just have a.
Speaker 14: Comment, and that is as of two days ago, I know that there were zero civilian corporate contracts through FEMA, and before major events like this, they already have those contracts written up so that FEMA can execute their mission. Bear have been thus far that I know of no contracts.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, if you have something, I mean, I don't I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling you I don't believe you. I just I don't even I wouldn't even know how to check that. I mean, but if that's the case, again, we got we got a thousand soldiers sitting at Fort Bragg. I'm not gonna call it liberty standing around. Some of them are making thanks for the call. There I saw this again. I saw members, uh you know, active duty military members as well as active duty National Guard members who were sitting there making videos sharing their frustration.
Speaker 2: I saw one woman, damn near in tears.
Speaker 1: She was I think she was a sergeant because she's that's where she's from. Putting the list together for what we're gonna chat about was quick work. I'm talking of course about our radio buddy to the South. That would be Pete Colendter Middays WBT and formally in this some of most you know this formerly spent years broadcasting in.
Speaker 2: Asheville for iHeart talk station out there.
Speaker 1: So with that in mind, Pete that I know a lot of people in the mountains, you know far more probably you've you've spoke with them. Everybody's happy, right, everybody has to ge up there. The lunacy man, where do we start? And I'll say it like this, and I'm curious to hear your take on this. I was just you know, the Cardinal and Pine, which is the funded newspaper, and they opened a bunch of these different states. You guys should know this, right, So when you're reading that, you're reading propaganda, which is fine, you're open about it. I was one of their authors in Durham wrote an op ed piece for MSNBC. I was just reading it. Billy Ball is his name, and it basically says Trump and Everybody's lying. And I'm telling you the heartless I could be critical about bias, the heartless audacity to spend more than ten minutes under the NC poll hashtag or the Hurricane Helene hashtag.
Speaker 2: Watch all of those videos.
Speaker 1: And understandably people are talking about personal experience, and sometimes they say stuff on there that isn't correct. You know, things you heard from another person because you're in a stressful situation to discount the totality of that. Biden did it because he's senile, maybe or he misspoke. Maybe this guy made an active decision and others have to paint a rosiest of pictures and I don't expect perfection, but these stories are maddening. So give me the Pete calendar longtime Asheville now Charlotte resident take on this whole.
Speaker 15: Thing, Well, yeah, it does strike me as a pretty amazing turnaround of how awesome the federal government has become over the last what nineteen years since Hurricane Katrina, when George W. Bush was in charge, and it was awful, it was terrible. They couldn't respond, they hated their own citizens, and all of those stories and narratives that were promulgated against George W. Bush, which of course, you know, led to not just.
Speaker 1: Bush the whole Remember they purged FEMA and cleue was it. Michael Brown was the director. Not that much on the other one, right, they purge the agency, so like you're.
Speaker 15: Right, yeah, yeah, and uh, and it costs Republicans in that two thousand and six midterm election, made him alaim made Bush a lame duck uh for the uh for the rest of his tenure. And and now all of a sudden, I guess BEMA has just done everything perfectly so far, which is pretty amazing. But no, this is there are there are political operatives that are worried about the impact that this is going to have on their aspirations, and I have just been ignoring those people because my focus over the last uh, you know, five.
Speaker 1: Days, concerns over voting or you know there just want to be clear here, yeah.
Speaker 15: Right, So there's there's that aspect to it as well. And there are and look or conspiracy theories promulgated on the right saying that I believe the Marjorie Taylor Green says that we can control hurricanes and they sent this through Trump Country basically, yeah, and and so again my focus has been on what is needed right now, and what is needed right now over you know, on on Monday and Tuesday is going to look a little bit different than what is needed today. That's going to look a little different than what's needed next week and next month. So right now, the thing is water, food, shelter, clothing, toiletries, and rescuing people like that's those are the those are the first orders. And anything outside of that I really don't have the bandwidth for because it's not helping. Sitting around and speculating online about the reason why this happened and who the day is and all of that is a waste of energy to me. Now, others may find some solace in that, Okay, have at it, but there is there is there are bigger issues that can save lives. Then of course you've got you know, the uh, the the people that are like trying to score political points in the wake of the the devastation, whether they're attacking you know, Asheville and all the liberals or the mountains and all the Trumpers. And again like I don't I don't care. I'm not checking von cards to pull people. Yeah, you're pull you're pulling people off of mountains. Now that being said, Uh, what I have been angry to hear of is and because I was a reporter, you were a reporter, and so you know, as you just said, people are going to report stuff in these types of situations. They're going to spread stories that they think are true that they want me to investigate and and that sort of thing. And what I've been telling people is just because I'm not uh amplifying a story on the airwaves doesn't mean I haven't seen it. It means I haven't been able to confirm it. And when you were able to then confirm that these things are occurring, when you start hearing similar stories or confirmation, then then I then bring the story because I'm not going to be spreading rumors. And so when we got the confirmation about you know, helicopter pilots being threatened with the rest and turned away, that makes me angry because again the focus is on first order of business, which is get the dying people off of the mountains, well half.
Speaker 2: Of them in the case of that one story, right when.
Speaker 7: They did get well.
Speaker 15: And the latest on that is that they did get the husband. This is at a lake lore where a fire chief told a private pilot who had rescued a woman left his son back at the house with the husband, brought her down the mountain, dropped her off, and then he was threatened with the rest if he was to go back up. And he said, oh, I'm not leaving my co pilot. I'm not leaving my son up there, right, And they said if you go back, and you were going to arrest you. So he went back and got his kid and he had to leave the husband there. He has that husband, then he's that guy, and he's what appears to be I don't know, like you know, sixty five or so. That guy started hiking down the mountain. The road washed out, mudslides all over the place, and he did get down. He made contact with the rescue group that had come down from Michigan that had originally tried to help that pilot, but they were then blocked from doing so by that local fire assistant fire chief, and the town of Lake war is standing by him, saying the town manager gave an interview to the Ashville TV station WLS saying, you know, well, no, he was, he was following protocol and the pilot hadn't you know, identified as his expertise to work in the area and all this stuff, and this is the stuff that I have no tolerance for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let me tell you, let me just say this.
Speaker 1: On the voting thing, I think that there is an appropriate there are appropriate people to be working on that because I feel like the people, you know what, the people in western North Carolina need to have a voice, because this is a litmus test. It is happening a month out and I get it. And to some extent, people are going to project because they saw the mad scramble during COVID to manipulate the system right in the height of it.
Speaker 2: So and they've seen over the years.
Speaker 1: People accuse Republicans every time they change something with voting of doing secret racist backroom deals. So when people are sitting there and they got time to think, because everything's gone, when they got time to think, I don't begrudge them of wondering where the urgency is. Yes, even on that matter, because we're a month out from an election and they just got seven hundred and fifty dollars told that they're happy and they're able to do math and see spending with migrant stuff, which not all that comes out of the main budget, a lot of it's appropriated, but it doesn't matter. Shows the government can do that, and and they see that, and so I I feel that it is important. And I the rumblings are that North Carolina legislators are working on something might be mobile stuff. That's appropriate. As long as they're working on what else they need? Tell me why a thousand soldiers are sitting at BRAG right now?
Speaker 2: Liberty explain that to me.
Speaker 1: DeSantis used his for for and he and he probably stopped the dock workers strike too by threatening to essentially put him to work in Miami Port, right, and he did that proactively.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And apparently now they're they're uh, they're going to go back on onto the job, which yeah, I said yesterday when I saw that DeSantis uh said he was going to, you know, go down there and open the ports up, and uh, I mean just just shame on, Shame on that union, Shame on them, go to hell.
Speaker 1: You said, you're so angry today, and I'm matching your energy. I even though I was, I was off, I was having those moments. I'm sure this never happens to you. You're much more common collected. I was having those moments where anger permeates through your body and you you kind of like clench your grit, your reading stuff. And I'm so damn jaded on.
Speaker 2: What we do.
Speaker 1: And it was the helicopter and then the drones stuff. People, you got drones with insulin.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: I understand helicopters and drones don't mix. But if we can facilitate New York Airspace, bring in some FAA, you know FAA people, some ATC people and handle this. I don't know if you know this, Pete. Are you a pilot or do you know any pilots?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 1: They're trained, and most pilots are very situationally aware, and there's a whole thing on. You know, if you ever sat in a in a plane with the headset on and listen to the a you see going back and forth, it's a Finally, it's not always finely tune, but for the most part it is. And when you're laying somebody of going into a diabetic shock versus telling somebody who is you know they can't fly a drone or their own helicopter for that matter, screw you, That's all I could say.
Speaker 2: So I'm with you, man.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 15: No, it's the selfishness of people that think their issue and it kind of goes to that Cardinal and Pine story too, which is that it comes from a place of selfishness. It's the belief that the thing you think you have to say, or the issue that you care about most, you know, I need to be able to abort more babies, like if that is the most important thing to you. While people are starving, dehydrating and dying from lack of medical care on the side of a mountain or even worse more horrifically, people don't understand what happens like when you get swept down a mountain in a mud slide. The debris huts to you and damages your body in ways that are unfathomable. And that's what people are trying to are trying to save that. That's what these rescuers are trying to go in and get. And if you, if you think your little pet political issue is more important than that, then you too, can go to hell. I don't care to hear anything about you. You need to make better decisions and better yet, you need to just get out of the business, because this is actually what the business is supposed to be about. And I say that as a radio guy, I understand. And look, there are a lot of local reporters that are doing really.
Speaker 1: Really good or you did too, and they are fundamentally different things. And I explain this every chance that I get right. Yeah, there is editorial and then there is what is supposed to be news, and you and I, having made that transition and worked in both, I don't recognize that line with a lot of news agencies anymore. And so when people see that and they're wondering, you're right, as two guys that have decades of experience in the industry, you've watched it disintegrate, and so I'm watching a guy who I don't know how long he's lived in North Carolina ignore all of that. I don't understand how your heart hardens to be able to do.
Speaker 2: That to score political points. So let me ask you. Let me ask you this, Pete.
Speaker 15: Well, I mean, well I was saying, I can answer that. I don't think it's necessarily it's a hardening of the heart. I think it is a recognition that government has failed here as it and looked as I expected.
Speaker 2: We're saying they did good and ignoring everything that he's seen. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 15: Well right, it is that it is that they they have faith in government doing these things and it hasn't.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 15: The first response is always you, me, the neighbors, the community, then the locals. Right, the Feds can't do this, and I think they are worried about the impact on their h quest for control and power, and that is the highest order. That's the thing that animates and motivates them, and so the response being bad jeopardizes that quest, and I think that's what drives it. It's not now, I don't know, like to your point about the heart and heart. I don't know how you turn away from what you're seeing and make this the focus. That is a foreign concept to me because I don't care. Like I again, I'm not checking voter cards when pulling people out of creeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to be clear, ash we you and I have talked about Asheville, right, and I point out some of the more interesting characters that live in that little triangular park downtown and throw cigarettes at me.
Speaker 2: I want them to be okay. I want the blue hair girl who wanted me to pay ten dollars to write, I want her to be okay, to write a poem for me.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: And in the same way that I want that old boy running is still up there, who doesn't trust government at all and could be the next Ruby Ridge of trial, I want him to be okay.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's it's so incredibly simple, and they're not okay. And I saw videos in Ashville of a woman is walking around in the walmart over there, and it looks worse than a San Fran looting man.
Speaker 2: And it's to be expected.
Speaker 1: And government can't control everything, and and understandably people are not always going to know what to do, but you can't say that everything that everything's okay, you can't not see the National Guarden there and more specifically, well, anyway, I'm just going to go down a political road. I got about a minute left. So anything that you're seeing that you don't feel as being oh, I was going to point out, and you can't. You have to go ahead and use that Greensboro Jewish Day School facility which was literally getting ready to open and you're not even utilizing that. How are people not supposed to think that there's a level of incompetence for at the very least perhaps something more sinister like I get it forty five seconds pete. So where you at anything that we need to know you're not seeing and reported?
Speaker 15: Well, I would just say, uh, please keep these people of western North Carolina in your prayers. Uh, if you can help, please do so. Uh that what's gonna what what they're going to need is going to change right over the next week, two months to six months, and so don't forget about them. That's the biggest thing, uh, is not to forget about them. If you're looking for a charity, the one I always direct people to is a disaster relief organization based in Swannanoa. They were amazingly enough their warehouse with fair Heart with Hands, Heartswithhands dot org Hearts with Hands. Maridan's person has been doing great work as well.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: Pete sounds angry man. I don't know if I've ever heard Pete angry man. I know he gets but late and and I understand it like I get it, because there is the frustration where you're You're dealing with legitimate stuff and questions and life and death issues, and you you got people that are coming at you, uh on all political fronts, over over some of the some of these other issues, and then and then they scream at you. I had people sending me nasty grams last week, were even on the air, and nasty Grahams like I didn't hear.
Speaker 2: You talking about this? No, you didn't. You wantn't you know why?
Speaker 1: And and and so I you know, I discount some of that, and I want to have real conversations. But I got to tell you, I lose my crap uh when I'm sitting there and like I knew they were going to do it, but the audacity of doing it still blew me away.
Speaker 2: W R A L. And then we'll get right into calls.
Speaker 1: W R A L ran a couple stories and I just had to like lock the phone, put it down and just be done with it. Okay, And I I'm get angry just talking about this the first one. And uh and as you can imagine, Uh, the one that I expected was, uh, it's uh, it's it's climate change. You got to learn to live with it.
Speaker 2: And and uh, oh, you know, this is what happens when you all want to drive an suv and go on vacation. And even though we live in big houses ourselves and we're hypocrites, we're gonna we're gonna scold you for this. And and I just knew that was coming. What what are you saying?
Speaker 1: Are you telling people who live in the mountains that they need to understand that you were right and this is all the cause of that because they made decisions to do things like buy afour we'll drive vehicle and you don't like it, even though you probably get carted around in one.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you're a politician and you do get a vehicle, it's usually one of those big old SUVs. Screw you the hell? What are you what are you talking about telling?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you should have about that SUV. Well, problem solved, it just floated away, leave me alone. That's within days, Ross has an SUV. I guess they're blaming you too, buddy, and and and that's gonna effend me. And then they wrote a pee I'm not even gonna I'm not even gonna read the content of it. But the piece was basically blaming the Republicans in the legislature because they didn't want to let a group in DC dictate every was it biennial something like that, like every two or three years, basically building codes and which had gotten very aggressive on slope building, and they were saying, well, you know what they didn't do is they didn't adopt that any any home that's in a floodable area should be elevated at.
Speaker 2: Least one foot above.
Speaker 1: You tell me what an extra foot of elevation on your home, on the foundation of your home does in twenty six feet of water above the top line crest of a river. You think twenty six feet of water cares about your one foot? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, there there was a.
Speaker 1: Lot of moments when I it's probably a good thing.
Speaker 3: I wasn't immediately on that did you see the political cartoon? Which one the one with the I just reposted on the show account in casey on the radio and I saw from one of one of our one of our listeners, Mandy posted this. So it's a it's a map of north Yes, yeah, and it shows you know, there's there's the hurricane and it says, uh, you know, making mole hills out of mountains. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I you know, I saw people upset about it. I think their point. I thought the point of it was and was that this hurricane was so devastating it didn't matter that you were that high up. And I know that people interpreted differently, but yeah, I did see it. But still it's just you know what after the the Mark Robinson is a Klan member who, by the way, Mark Robinson's up there. Mark Robinson was up there and people I didn't see a bunch of them. I saw a couple of videos, but maybe he was just up there, I don't know, helping.
Speaker 3: No, he's been putting in the work since day one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, again, you know how you feel about politicians going over there. But if they're just busting their hump whatever, good, fine, wonderful spectacular. All right, let's get some calls here. Uh, Dave, you're up first. Robert will come to you in a moment. Go ahead, David, Hey, hey, Hello, Yeah you're on the air.
Speaker 13: Okay, yeah, I can't figure this out. Okay, I'm a Democrat. I'm getting read to vote Republican. Because Trump came locktail on the HELICOPTERIL on the way to somewhere else. Stop this also stuff next day to president shows up. If you bring it out of need for him to even.
Speaker 2: Be here, well, I want to be consistent, sir.
Speaker 1: Anyone who's under Secret Service protection doesn't need to come to the actual disaster area because it's logistically a problem. So I don't like Trump coming as much as I wouldn't want Biden coming. But there is a double standard for how they're interpreting this, because I just had to hear that Trump's trying to make this political and and and you don't and people this reporter was ignoring the other stuff.
Speaker 2: So I hear you, sir.
Speaker 1: So so Trump came here or came to North Carolina. I think Kamala is going to be here today or tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: Is that the only thing driving you.
Speaker 13: Why he should waiting till late to get here. And well, I can see why the governors. I think he's out of office in less than four.
Speaker 1: Months, you know, well, I you know, but maybe maybe you want to get this one right because obviously we had some and thanks for the call day, we had some issues with we you know, we should have hurricane relief funds from another hurricane that are undistributed.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But and again I just I don't want Kamala here, But I also don't want Trump up there anyone where there's a logistical thing and you're shutting down airspace. Now it's not to the extent it is with Kamala. I don't be on the fringes of it. Fine, come to the tryad. If you want do some stuff, go up to you know, good for a go to Marion or whatever. But I don't want anything hampering the ability of folks to receive help. Robert, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Hey, casey, listen, I'm from Fayvl and I'm retired out from Fort Bride and what I don't understand, and maybe somebody can call in and explain this to me, and the common sense is beyond me. But instead of sending the.
Speaker 4: Eighty second up there all right to just hand out.
Speaker 7: War on that.
Speaker 8: They should have sent out the twentieth Engineer Brigade, a thousand of them with their.
Speaker 4: Seas, could have started clearing.
Speaker 8: Roads and they can actually go up and down the mountains one because I was in the twenty seventh Engineers, all right, and that's what we.
Speaker 4: Do, all right. So why in the commandery chief he makes this decision except to him who is sent out. He relays it down to the post commander, and then they send the troops off. They haven't even left yet. They should have been going Andrew hit. When Andrew hit.
Speaker 8: In Florida, we were out within twenty four hours. I know because I was part of that, all right. So I just don't get what's going on. It's ridiculous, and people to be really teed off.
Speaker 1: At the very least, we need an explanation. I saw some finger pointing where at first they're like, well, Roy's got to ask for it, and then it was may Orcus and the Department of Defense I think, and the President have to sign off. I don't know, but they all can get together in a room because they're all friends and explain to your point, why they're still sitting there because people think that they're already out there because they see pictures and thanks for the call, robber. They see pictures of what looked like nasvillcard and they are but not ours, right, and then not any.
Speaker 2: Of the active duty stuff we're going to use.
Speaker 1: Right, It's what you have said seen up to this point is not what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: These are two different things.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad that there are states that have their national Guard going, and I'm glad that there's national Guard that are even doing things up in North Carolina as it seems to be the hardest hit. But understand that a piece of that puzzle is still missing. And to our callers point to Robert's point, yeah, that's what these guys are trained to do. I have and would you see when you see an engineering battalion going through there. He's right, they got the toys.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: I have an next high school friend who is now a retired military and he was commenting on one of my Facebook posts on this talking about how every base has a brigade just for like disaster relief, and so typically it would take them about two days to get out there. He could see like maybe even four days, but six days. He just doesn't understand why that's positive, Like why that would happen. Well, he also says.
Speaker 1: The thing was anywhere, what eighteen hours anywhere in the world or something. Yeah, the unofficial thing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but he said, but the national Guard should have been out there like the next day or that day like that. There's no reason that I got it.
Speaker 1: You got around people up, you got you got to do that. But you're right, you can start doing that. And you got to load up too. You got to prepare, you know, get everything ready. But your friend's right. Every military person, for a military person I've talked to, can't.
Speaker 2: Fathom six days.
Speaker 1: I you know, I'm not a military, so I you know, I can't speak to it from a first person, but I haven't met anyone in the military says it should take six.
Speaker 2: Days if everyone's on the ball.
Speaker 1: And again, people want to help, all right, real quick, Boston, Paul, what's up?
Speaker 13: You know they're spending all this leftover COVID money on pet projects like bike bike lanes and all this stuff. Why aren't that money being sent there? And why did I see helicopter after helicopter flying back and forth from Raleigh to the coast of Darren, Florence. But they can't send any helicopters out to the western part of this day.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, that's it's true.
Speaker 2: That's that's true.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of hell, there was a lot of air traffic with.
Speaker 13: They had a jump carrier off the coast with helicopters flying in and out of Wilmington to tell people. But they can't do anything in the western part of the state. This big governors, the disgrace. This, this administration, this president's administration is a disgrace. This this country is looking like a third world country right now, being around a bunch of idiots.
Speaker 2: Well, why why don't you get your hat and your bat from back in the day and go up and regulate.
Speaker 13: The man I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let us know how that goes. All right, let's get raised stage. Ike, you're sure to not go out, well, not regulate the weather. That sounds conspiratorial, but hopefully uh provide good news and we need some of that right now. So what you got, sir, Hello, mister stage all right, ross uh okay, all right, Well, so let me just reiterate what Ross was saying. So, yeah, that makes sense. We got a fill in today. Let me just reiterate what Ray was saying, and that is there is a lot on the horizon that could be right now as far as name storms go, it looks like the next two in the slot not going to come near us. And the third they'll figure it out and let us know, But for now expects some dry weather, which is sorely needed. All right, eight forty six will take a break, be right back.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Casey. Let's start off with the September job support. It's out, it's good. Non farm payrolls increasing by two hundred and fifty four thousand, Casey, That far acceeded what economists had anticipated, which was one hundred and fifty thousand. The unemployment rate, which was expected to remain a four point two percent or even slightly, took up to four point three. Instead, it went down to four point one percent. Average Arley earnings rose four tenths of a percent. Estimates were three tenths of a percent. Well what does it mean, Well, looking at the futures, it means a lot.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 16: The dows of two hundred eleven points an increase of half of a percent. The SMP is up close to seven tens to one percent. The NASDAK flying high right now, that is up exactly one percent.
Speaker 2: There's other good news.
Speaker 16: US doc workers suspended a three day st with ports set to reopen today. The International Longshoreman's Association and the US Maritime Association agreed to extend the previous contract until January fifteenth, as the two sides will restart negotiations on a long term deal that will include a massive pay increase of around sixty two percent over six years. The three day strike cost the US economy and estimated three to five billion dollars a day, the two major sticking points for a wage increase and protection from automation. Spirit Airlines has moved one step closer to filing for bankruptcy protection after efforts to restructure its debt fell through. The budget airline is looking for new financing from its creditors, as well as in exchange that would extend its current debt now. Spirit has been seeking a financial lifeline ever since a proposed sale to jeff Blue was nixed by a federal judge on antitrust grounds.
Speaker 3: According to the.
Speaker 16: Bloomberg Billionaires index. Mark Zuckerberg is now the second richest person in the world, only behind Elon Musk. As shares of meta platforms continue to rise, The Facebook founder bet heavily on the metaverse, which paid off as shares in Meta have risen twenty three percent in supporting better than expected second quarter results. Well Alphabet's autonomous driving unit, Weimo, is expanding its robotaxi fleet by installing its sensors and software and Hyundai evs, which will be built in Georgia. The Ionic fives will be built in significant volumes as Weimo continues to lead the pack in developing robotaxis. Currently Waymo's charging fares and small numbers in both San Francisco and Phoenix that will be of course expanding. While all indications show that inflation has slowed, prices at the supermarket have not seemed to have gotten the message. Last month, global food prices saw the largest jump in two and a half years. Sugar prices led across the board, rising commodities including cooking oil and wheat. Casey, the United Nations numbers show an increase in price of three percent for sugar.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not surprised and we got a bunch of stories here where you can't find anything to pay over priced stuff for, so pretty crazy, Dan, I appreciate it, my man. Will are you with us tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: No, Jeff is back on Monday, Oh or monday.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry by a whole week screwed up. All right, we'll chat with him then and we appreciate it today.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, have a good one there.
Speaker 1: Dan Schwartzman from Bloomberg joining us. I told you I get those pulsating things.
Speaker 2: I do you guys?
Speaker 1: Are you guys familiar with the story. Maybe you saw I know that our attention is elsewhere right now. But did you see the story of the girls. She's not a little girl anymore, but she was right. She was eleven, and she was she was good. It was under she was being held by Isis Hamas, basically a Gozen Hamas member who was basically go between with Isis. So I just read this CBS headlight. Well, she was there for ten years. The IDF freed her a few days ago. So she you know, she's twenty twenty one year old or twenty two year old woman now, just been living hell over in Gaza all these years. This is CBS's headline. See if you understand why I just lost my crap.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: A ya Zd woman kidnapped from her home by Isis terrorists in Iraq when she was just eleven years old, has been reunited with her family after years stranded in the Hamas ruled Gaza Strip. According to officials, she wasn't stranded, okay, right, stranded, you're using the word stranded. She was sold by Isis to a Gazzen Hamas member because he had buddies as human chattel. She was a sex slave at the age of eleven and then kept for ten years so she could be repeatedly raped. She wasn't stranded. She's not Gilligan. Okay, she's not you lost your phone and you can't call uber or whatever. She's not even the people a little early in the mountains of North Carolina right now