Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, pee.
Speaker 2: Rd Ryan, Yes, sir, let's go. Wait you wake your hands off snake day ol.
Speaker 1: Humday baby. Listen. The headline is, we got two pair of tickets to Tonight's Rockets Golden Steak Game.
Speaker 2: Game two.
Speaker 1: Alex tells me they're gonna win. It's not a must win, they're gonna win. I got a pair of tickets for you at seven twenty torture ten. I got a parrot tickets at a twenty torture ten. Now, before we get there, we got to do homeroom right, wakey, wakey. Cody's going for win number two, fresh out of bed, Head to Head Challenge three eleven tickets plus you'll meet the band on the fun Fact flashback today. What alternative income John mulaney tickets. That was the announcement yesterday that we were supposed to do, and then he pushed it back a little bit. That's okay. John mulaney has played Smart Financial Center at Sugarland. Funny Funny Dude tickets not on sale until Friday, will hook you up at nine ten and then that one hundred dollars CC's pizza gift card is coming under the show. So yeah, that's gonna keep us really really busy today. We got rain all throughout the day, so we'll be talking about that. And I got Alex right over here with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Oh, good.
Speaker 1: Morning everyone, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk says his time there is time committed to the Department of Government efficiency is going to drop significantly next month. After yesterday's Tesla earnings report, Testa's first quarter earnings revealed a significant downturn, with net income comitting seventy one percent in revenue declining nine percent, missing Wall.
Speaker 1: Street expectations by a large amount.
Speaker 3: Automotive sales dropped twenty percent, in vehicle deliveries felt thirteen percent year over year. The company cited factors such as trade tariffs, shifting political sentiment, and CEO Elon musk controversial involvement in the Trump administration. After the earnings were released, muscannounced that he plans to reduce his government role starting next month to refocus on Tesla. An Arizona jury found Doomsday Mom Lorie Valley da Bell guilty yesterday of conspiring to murder her fourth husband, Charles Valo in twenty nineteen. Representing herself during the Troutdaybell claimed that her brother shot Valo in self defense during a confrontation at her home, but prosecutors argued that the killing was premeditated, motivated by a one million dollar life insurance policy and her desire to marry Chad Dabell, who she ended up marrying four months later. Dabell was already serving life sentences in Idaho for the murders of her two youngest children and Chad's first wife. She faces another trial in June, allegedly for conspiring to kill her niece's ex husband.
Speaker 2: Seems like a bad lady, an awful lady.
Speaker 1: Happy World Book Day, everybody. It became an official.
Speaker 3: Holiday in nineteen ninety five, and they chose April twenty third because William Shakespeare died four hundred and nine years ago today in sixteen sixteen. What was the last book that you read, Rod, I'm the.
Speaker 1: Last book I read. Her book that i'm reading read. I guess if you're reading you last read it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm reading the Elvira book that you Yeah, it's interesting. She's really had a crazy interesting life. I was Skinny Dip by Karl Hyison. Wow, look at the big brain on you. Yeah, not including children's books, those don't count. I know that I did read Dragons Like Spicy Tacos yesterday.
Speaker 3: So if you can't remember the book that you last read, you're not alone. A poll found that a third of Americans haven't read a book in it at least a year. Sixty three percent of people said they'd like to read more, and sixty six percent if people have a collection of books at home, that they probably just use his trophies. The top excuses people had for not reading as much as they'd like to. We're not having enough time because of other life activities, preferring other forms of entertainment, not having enough time because of work, kids, and having trouble focusing while reading.
Speaker 1: Get out there, read a book gang.
Speaker 3: John Cena may play a tough guy on screen, but he says that he got bullied by fans into getting a hair transplant. Last November, Sina said quote, you can't, you chan't and make me feel small and you embarrass me. Y'all don't know what that's like. That is straight up bullying. That's just not cool, So thank you for bullying me into getting surgical hair replacement.
Speaker 1: That's how far y'all pushed me. Is this on the Pat McAfee show. I do not know, right, but he's he's like a bad guy right now, so this is.
Speaker 3: An acting Yeah, yeah, I was. I was gonna say that he did just turn heel not too long ago, right. I think he cheated in WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it, but that's what I've kind of heard, right, that's not his hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he uh, he has a super noticeable bald spot in the back of his head that he can't really hide when he's in the ring.
Speaker 1: Wear that hat. Dude, I don't know he did do that.
Speaker 3: He'll turn recently, so he could be overplaying the bullying part a little bit.
Speaker 1: Congratulations are you fish heads out there?
Speaker 3: Because Fish won the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame fan vote with thirty three or three hundred thirty thousand votes. Bad Company came in second with two hundred and eighty one thousand votes, followed by Bill the Idol, Cindi Lauper, and Joe Cocker. So Soundgarden didn't even crack the top five in the fan vot Wow, I'm pretty surprised with that. The fan vote does not have a ton of influence though on who makes it into the Hall. It only counts for a single ballot among the roughly twelve hundred liter.
Speaker 1: Cast, which is bogus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's come on, And there's only been one year that the winner of the fan vote didn't make it into the Hall. That was in twenty twenty when the Dave Matthews band won the vote, but they did end up getting in last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's ridiculous when the fans vote you should go in. I agree. Who's going to see the rool Hall of Fame? They fans? They really love those high brow people behind the doors that end the voting, the oscars people and baseball writers, all the people that love the band craft work. All right, you understand what they did of music has Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the NBA playoffs last night, the Pacers got by the Bucks, the thunder blew out the Grizzlies, and the Lakers beat the Timberwolves.
Speaker 1: We don't care about that though, Kill me my music. Yeah, Actually, we've got a game tonight. Four listeners are rod Ryans who are gonna get the opportunity to stand up and shout out twiyoas there to night Game two between Rockets and Warriors. Rockets coming to this is three and a half point favorites. It's a must win for the Rockets. Hip offs at eight thirty.
Speaker 3: You can listen to it over on our sister station, News Radio seven forty k T eight two Torture Tens to win Rockets tickets today seven and what a day. Keep playing that music, dude, The music just gets better and better. Astro's got another win last night. They beat the Blue Jays five to one. They've now won four of their last five. They're back above five hundred on the season, and they're gonna wrap up series at the Blue Jays tonight. Ryan Gustill will be in the mount for this. Stows going up against Toronto's Vote in Francis. First pitches at six forty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football news, the NFL Draft starts tomorrow night. Start looking at those mock drafts, everybody. It'll be in Green Bay and the Texans hold the twenty fifth overall pick in the first round.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Here we go four Hours of Pain starts right now. Line them up, Chili. Anybody want the first phone call today? Come get it seven one three two, win two five, nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio, it's this one.
Speaker 2: Here we go ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show. He's six inside out and we are often running the four hours of Pain that we call the Rod Ryan Show. Wild Card Wednesday edition. Cody is gonna go for win number two. Cody, what Yeah, He's gonna go for win number two, fresh out of bed, head to head man. He's the guy that won yesterday. Now, maybe the best ticket we have all those Rocket tickets, I mean, come on the Rockets games and I what used to be the best ticket on the show with these three eleven tickets that we're given away each and every day and nothing I'm not taking anything against away from three eleven.
Speaker 2: They're awesome.
Speaker 1: May ninth. These come with tickets to the show and you'll meet the band at the seven to three Music Hall. Plus we'll get you qualified for a grand prize. Will We'll upgrade one of our five winners this week to box seats. But the best ticket probably today on the show are those rockets tickets Golden State Warriors tonight game two? We came into two pair of tickets to give to you get this torture ten. Guess who gave me that suggestion? Oh, pretty wizard. Really, I think you might like that game around. It's like, might be the only thing he likes that we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't like much.
Speaker 1: He's like, uh, I mean, how a you're gonna give those rockets tickets away? I said, I don't know, Yeah, you know, I just I just found out that we're giving them ailily?
Speaker 2: Is it is?
Speaker 1: You're worthy of a torture? Ten? I go, don't you want us to do?
Speaker 2: Say no more?
Speaker 1: He's like, no, you do your you do your show. Two rounds of torture ten seven at eight twenty so we can get all kinds of different drops in there. John Molaney announced yesterday funny Man's coming to town Smart Financial Center at sugar Land. He is one of the funniest dudes out there. Smart funny, right, I think so, like super smart funny, yeah, and super famous funny. I mean he's hosted SNL now about five times.
Speaker 2: He was part of SNL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a writer for ESNL for a long time. He's got his own special arm. There's something on tonight that he's on. He's got his own show. He was on the Bear for a little bit for a couple of episodes. So we're gonna give away his tickets early in the nine o'clock hour, and then that pizza gift card from CC's.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep us busy today.
Speaker 4: Man, it's that time for the first phone.
Speaker 1: Call of the day. Good morning, brod Ryan's show. I'm looking for Dennis.
Speaker 5: Good morning round.
Speaker 1: Hello is this Dennis?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Hide, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you gonna get it started? For this first phone call today?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: First, I was the caller that asked about the the Guitar documentary, and I wonder if you watched that.
Speaker 1: I didn't get a chance to watch it. I remember you recommending that. Though my life's a mess, I mean it's.
Speaker 2: A good mess.
Speaker 6: But I.
Speaker 5: Live in North Georgia and I'm going to see the Justin Furstenfeld Open Book Tour tomorrow. Dude, if you've seen.
Speaker 1: That yet, I haven't because he's not doing it here. I know that sounds weird, but because he's playing Buzzfest. I don't think he's doing it here, but we've had a couple of people that have chimed in from around the country that have gone to see this. It's kind of Justin up on stage and just doing him and you can follow all this stuff. I mean, we follow everything that Justin does. How did you get turned into a Blo October fair? Are you originally from here, Dennis?
Speaker 5: I lived there for about fifteen years, but I've been gone about fifteen years now.
Speaker 1: Did you become a Blue October fan after you moved away or were you introduced to them while you lived here?
Speaker 5: For sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how most people got hooked. And then boy they don't. They don't leave that band once you once you like them.
Speaker 5: Man, I've seen them three times in concert two and here in Georgia.
Speaker 1: So when you bought this ticket, just there's some people that don't know what you're going to see tonight. Is it is he's reading from his book it's spoken word. Is he bringing an acoustic guitar on stage? What are you expecting tonight?
Speaker 5: I'm expecting he's bringing his acoustic guitar. He's gonna tell stories and explain about some of his songs. He's gonna do songs that he can't do with Blue October that are more intimate, he said. Expect a laugh and cry.
Speaker 1: So he's the best man. He is absolutely the best dude. Hey, if you don't mind, Uh, I don't know what the what the picture policy is, but if you snap a few pictures, man, send us a little review tomorrow. I'd love to. I'd love to read up on that. If you can hit us up tomorrow on email Rod at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: Yes, I absolutely will do that.
Speaker 1: You, Dennis, appreciate you and keeping up with us too.
Speaker 2: On the iheartm.
Speaker 1: Shout out to all of our long distance listeners that are listening on iHeart today man, thank you, and shout out to everybody that's watching us on Facebook and YouTube already at Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Got to take a short break while we come back at direct check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out which trending and then we'll get set up for a fresh out event.
Speaker 4: Houston, Houston's alternative and helm of the Rod Ryan Morning Show nine five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. Six twenty three. Cloudy, scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Yeah, I mean, it's just it's kind of all over the place. His today of around eighty one. All right, Alex, what do you see this trending? Pope Francis continues trend Everyone Catholics from all over the world are gathering to pay their respects as the Pope lies in state.
Speaker 2: At Saint Peter's Basilica.
Speaker 3: I think so we'll do at the Adam Basilica. New Jersey wildfires is another true and I saw they have had evacuations ordered because a wildfire spread over eighty five.
Speaker 1: Hundred acres in the New Jersey area. A lot of people are saying that maybe, uh, you know, a certain organization was trying to hide in some bodies. Oh, I don't know that anybody. Enough, the snow is still there. I'm not saying I'm saying. I'm saying people might be saying.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody.
Speaker 3: And then the best thing trending right now is Joe Exotic. Congratulations to Joe Exotic. He got married again, this time to a fellow inmate in jail. He's currently saving serving a twenty one year sentence, but now he's got love there.
Speaker 1: So congratulations to Joe Exotic.
Speaker 2: That's his trending at ninety for by the bus.
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody, this is Tody. You're freshed out of bed one day head to head camping. They please face the victory, right is right? Join me on Wednesday as I make it win number two pitches.
Speaker 1: Seven, one, three, two, two five.
Speaker 2: You think you can beat Cody, Come on.
Speaker 1: The Rudd Ryan Show, Good morning, so No.
Speaker 2: Twenty four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's shows some forty one land Mines. Great album. That a good song man, that's still a good song. But you know there's bangers on that album. Album's also like twenty four songs. Song too. I think you had like parts of it. There's they did a painted black cover that was really good. Yes, there's seven amazing songs on the album.
Speaker 2: Yes, amazing songs on the album. That's that being one of them. Guys.
Speaker 1: Let's go kind of a wet, dreary, nasty, skanky looking Wednesday. Sorry, can't do much about that, cloudy, scattered thunderstorms hies today of around eighty one.
Speaker 7: Let's play a game and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: All right, Cody, good morning, good morning. Are you wasting my time?
Speaker 1: Are you coming in here as a killer to kick ass for four more games? Yeah, I'm trying to think, trying to take it, you say, sir, Yes, sir, I'm the killer you're looking for, all right.
Speaker 2: You don't have to say that, you should.
Speaker 1: You're taking on. Hello Turret, Hello, Jerry, Good morning y'all. Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Welcome back.
Speaker 6: Jerry.
Speaker 2: You've been in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three times, three three times in the Hall of Fame. Cody, I told you you got to be a killer. You have to. You have to be a killer around here, all right, Jerry, welcome back. When was the last time you played with us? You've been on this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was in February. Well, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Hello Jerry and Cody. Fresh out of bed, Head to head. I have some rock and roll concert tickets up for grabs, The Struts and Dirty Honey. Love this show, Love this lineup. September twenty fifth over at the House of Blues. I'm gonna drag hal to this show. That's how it's so good. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? Two correct answers. Get see those tickets.
Speaker 2: Jerry, I know you're ready. Cody? Are you ready? Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 1: That's what I like to hear. All right, Jerry and Cody, Alex please listen carefully, all right? Question number one? What game often played in gym class involves throwing balls? Kay?
Speaker 2: Jerry? Dodgeball? Oh you got just enough on that question, didn't you.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Uh, that's correct. What game often played in gym class involves throwing balls to hit opponents while avoiding being hit yourself?
Speaker 2: Dodgeball? Jerry's on the board. Hello Jerry, Hello.
Speaker 1: Cody, you were just behind him. I can't even bust your dodgeballs. You were just just behind him. Gotta be a little quicker here we next question? What writing tool made of wood and graphite?
Speaker 2: Cody pencil.
Speaker 1: He's commonly used by students to write and draw on paper.
Speaker 2: And so, okay, Cody's showing me a.
Speaker 1: Little something there. What is this school?
Speaker 2: School?
Speaker 9: Day?
Speaker 1: School?
Speaker 2: Questions?
Speaker 1: You shut your mouth. Jill and her husband Brian are doing a fantastic job.
Speaker 9: Good questions.
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go for the win. Who's gonna win? Alex, I don't know. I don't know either. I don't know at all, Cody, Jerry. Final question according to the popular saying, how many lives does a cade have?
Speaker 2: Jerry?
Speaker 10: Mary?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good game?
Speaker 1: Darry, Yeah, agree game. Curry, that three time Hall of Famer timed it out.
Speaker 2: He timed it out.
Speaker 1: Cody, good game. That was a big, great game.
Speaker 2: I monkey you guys the game.
Speaker 1: I just thought you were going to lay down and let this guy have his way with you. But you didn't do Should you put up a little bit of a fight?
Speaker 2: All right, Cody, have an awesome day.
Speaker 1: Thanks for playing yeas thirty days. I hope so, I do, I hope so. Hey, Jerry, you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think sez it all right?
Speaker 1: And dude, strut's dirty. Honey, what a way to start right with those thickets. That's an awesome winnings for day one.
Speaker 2: Hang on The Rod Ryan Show on nine.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, six thirty five.
Speaker 2: Nasty weather outside, cloudy, scattered.
Speaker 1: Thunderstorms on a fifty percent chance. It's just varies. It's all over the place.
Speaker 2: It's wild today.
Speaker 1: High's up around eighty one.
Speaker 7: Come on, fresh out of bed head to head Challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Hello Jerry, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It's hello Jerry time again your three time Hall of famers. Now you're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion and join me on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: I make it win number two.
Speaker 1: Bitch, it's hello Jerry time. What time is it Hello Jerry time? Thank you? Yeah, yeah, I thought it was six thirty six. No, it's hello Jerry time.
Speaker 8: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart.
Speaker 2: You're funny here, buddies, it's the.
Speaker 8: Funk that to the day.
Speaker 1: Brought in some fun facts for you guys today. One of them is, uh, well, let's start out. Let's go local nineteen sixty four. It was sixty one years ago. Hall, I like to do the map for you. I don't like to put you on the spot.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Ken Johnson Old Kenny Johnson of the Houston Cult forty five. I caught him kJ.
Speaker 2: Did they call him kJ? Sure?
Speaker 1: Hell? Did they call him kJ?
Speaker 2: Call them JJ? Okay?
Speaker 1: So, Ken Johnson of the Houston Colt forty fives became the first picture to throw a no hitter and lose the game. The Colt forty five's lost one to nothing to the Cincinnati Reds an error in the ninth inning the Pirates had that happened like two years ago. Oh yeah, this was the first time it happened. That's the wrong side of history right there.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go. We got some other things for you, right, got it?
Speaker 1: Uh, there are at least twice as many kangaroos in Australia as people.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 2: Whoa they could revolt if they wanted.
Speaker 1: Fifty million kangos twenty five million people. That seems bad.
Speaker 2: Now, probably you guys may have known this.
Speaker 1: This is new to me. Golfers who win the Masters they get to keep that green jacket for one year, then they have to return. The jacket gets put in the closet and they can wear it whenever they visit from that point on. That's is that pretty common knowledge.
Speaker 2: I knew it, and I guess for a lot of sports people.
Speaker 1: And you can wear it like the Master's dinner they do before each round each like the first round, when you're there on campus, you can go to the closet and get your jacket. I would just stop by randomly and be like, I'm just gonna go take it to her real quick. You can't take it home in jacket. One year with it, you knew that help that's yeah, interviews and stuff with it.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 8: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart in front of your body's it's the fun.
Speaker 8: To the day.
Speaker 2: Like you show up the Masters and you forget it.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, I love that ile I forgot I didn't pack it, and then you just never give it back. You win multiple so you at least got one on the closet, like Scottie Scheffler if he had. Yeah, I'm good, I said that one. Good call. Okay, guys, huge ticket. It's three eleven May ninth. That alone is a great ticket. How about meeting the guys in the band, meet and greet action, and then we'll get you qualified for those tickets box seats for the show. Out of the five winners, one of you is going to be upgraded.
Speaker 2: To the box.
Speaker 1: It's now time. No, not yet, it's fun five flashback. So yesterday the guy that was credited, he's a British doctor. He's credited with coming up with the term anorexia. Okay, cool. You know what he might make fun facts?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I might not use it, but there are theories that me that he may be known as someone else seven to one. That's what got him on fun facts yesterday. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. Who do we think this guy is? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. All right now, Alex, it's.
Speaker 3: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: I loves rock out. He couldn't you couldn't wait. I want to know how it's going?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Hell, how'd it go? Yesterday?
Speaker 11: It went really well. The Dow was up one thousand and sixteen dollars. Yeah, kick off this morning at thirty nine thousand and one eighty six. NASTAC up four hundred and twenty nine to sixteen thousand, three hundred Benchmarten your treasures trading at a four point three one percent. Oil stands at sixty four dollars twenty eight cents of barrel to. The most active is the Big Studs, three M Travelers and MX the big Duds. There was nothing down on the Dow yesterday on the economic calendar.
Speaker 2: This morning, we'll get.
Speaker 11: Numbers on new home sales for March. Right now, futures looking pretty good. Hang on to this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 11: This is Highland Manager director with the Raymond James Porting for the Rod Ryan Show from Ramond jams on sand Fliep and the Gusta and don't get toys or rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 4: Amian's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those are I'm James Associates Income Ever NYC as, IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sourso is believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmition. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational purposes. On leak Stones and duds are based on movement as reported by Yama.
Speaker 1: Nonews ninety four or five The Buds. Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Good morning. Who's on the phone here?
Speaker 2: Hello, Arna, Hi China?
Speaker 1: Good morning? How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you super awesome? Welcome to homeroom We talked about this British doctor in the eighteen hundreds, Sir William Gull. He's kind of credited with coming up with the term anorexia. But the interesting part about this spella is there are theories that may he may be known by another name.
Speaker 2: Who might this guy be.
Speaker 1: A Jack the Ripper? Oh yeah, he might be the Ripper? Congratulately, yeah, he might be the Ripper.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you those three eleven tickets. You're gonna meet the guys in the band. Thank you. Yeah, so three eleven meet and Greek tickets seven to one to three music Hall. And now you're in the drawing for Friday.
Speaker 2: Shell is gonna bring.
Speaker 1: In five of you. You're one of them, and we're gonna draw a name on Friday before we get out of here. And somebody's upgraded to box seats.
Speaker 5: All right, perfect, And today's my birthday is so great day to win.
Speaker 1: E in his birthday tells Monday, thank you, thank you, You're awesome, hang on for me, good.
Speaker 8: Luck, Hey, Alexa.
Speaker 6: Play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: The Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: It's one of Alex P. Middleton's favorites. Take you miss in Stellar, alex P is getting ready to load up all your torture ten drops, you know the things that you laugh at when people lose their opportunity to win great tickets on this show. We're doing the torture ten twice today on the show seven twenty and eight twenty, And you get to load up a bunch of different things for the hours, like twenty different things. I mean, we got to have a couple of the old steam buys people kind of look forward to, I think those, So it's like twelve different new ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there'll be two opportunities to win tickets to go see the Rockets tonight Golden State Warriors. It's gained two. Alex is calling this a must win. You can't go down two back to Golden State. I don't disagree. I don't disagree. So if you want to go to uh Toyota Center tonight to see an amazing basketball game, what is a must win? According to my sports guy, torture ten twice seven ten and eight ten. Scattered thunderstorms throughout the day, cloudy skies, skanky outside, highs of on eighty one. Alex Has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk says his commitment to the Department of Government Efficiency is going to drop significantly next month. After yesterday's Tesla earning report, Tesla's first quarter of earnings revealed a significant downturn, with net income plumting seventy one percent in revenue declining nine percent, missing Wall Street expectations by a large amount. Automotive sales dropped twenty percent, in vehicle deliveries fell thirteen percent year over year. The company cited factors such as trade tariffs, shifting political sentiment, and CEO Elon Musk's controversial involvement in the Trump administration. After the earnings were released, Musk announced his plans to reduce his government role starting next month to refocus on Tesla. After hinting that a ban might becoming, the FDA announced yesterday that it's urging food companies to voluntarily stop using synthetic food dies and switch to natural alternatives. This move supports Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior's Make America Healthy Again plan. Instead of enforcing the BAND, the FDA is setting a national time for the industry to make this change on its own. FDA Commissioner Marty McCary mentioned that many companies are willing to remove artificial dyes, so they prefer collaboration over strict regulations. However, the food industry argues that these dyes are safe and important for food consistency and appeal. They also warned that quick changes could disrupt production and affect grocery prices.
Speaker 1: I kind of want some of that stuff to go away. I think the one thing that was really eye opening to me, and I get everybody likes to politicize all these things. You just can't blankely hate everything that one administration is doing.
Speaker 2: You just can't. I don't think you can.
Speaker 1: But people do. Right when they looked at the food ingredients and they looked at things that were overseas and there was like maybe four ingredients five ingredients in a product, then you look at ours and there's eighteen things in there. It's kind of like poisoning us. Again. I'm not a guy that reads labels, but I do want to be smarter about the things that I eat. Yeah, I think they're doing some I think they're moving in the right direction and the food dye thing, but they have to have the red and they're hot Cheetos or they want another hot Cheetos. We can't just say they're hot Cheetos on the bag, like you're not gonna know if it's not red. Yeah, I don't know. I think I don't understand that lot. I just I just don't hate all of these ideas that they're coming out with. I think some of these are are good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they were like, hey, let's reduce emissions on cars by this year, Like we don't do it right now, but by ten years from now, let's get there if they can keep working to it, And I think that's positive. Just what it seemed like stores might be shying away from locking everything up because people were buying less.
Speaker 1: Walmart is locking up groceries. They haven't locked up the eggs though.
Speaker 2: I saw this video this morning. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: I'd seen a couple of these, but there's videos online of people in Walmart freaking out because there's anti theft locks on meat. They're not in a locked case, they're just tiny wire cages that apparently need to be unlocked at the register.
Speaker 1: The chicken wire that's like, so think about you just go pick up a couple of steaks that's in that little styrofoam tray. It's got chicken wire and a lock on the top of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty pretty wild.
Speaker 3: In one the video, someone says that's how you know it's bad when they're putting miniature gates so you don't steal their meats. You may have seen this before in some locations that have been doing this for years, but since it's not happening everywhere, it sounds like it might just be a thing.
Speaker 1: In high crime areas. Walmart has not commented on these latest reports. Well guess what, you know what, all that stuff like the toothpaste and the mouth wash and all that stuff used to be just in high crime areas. Now you almost can't buy anything at CBS. And I'm just not gonna get it. If I have to go and like wait for a guy to come get it, I'll go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: It does make me want to shop online more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 2: I want to sharry. I'm just gonna use Amazon. The brain of my door.
Speaker 1: It's important to have the CBS's and the Walgreens there to get our prescriptions and all that stuff. And I know you can get that on Amazon too, But I think those brick and mortars are important. I want to support them. But I don't want to ask for help to get a razor to get deodorant, right, I don't want some old spice. Yeah, I don't need. I don't need to wait five minutes sitting there in the counter and then they stand there and wait. When you're picking out the one that you want, They're like, well, anything else while I can lock it up. But yeah, you need like a personal shopper with cigarettes. What are you doing? I don't know the video?
Speaker 2: The video.
Speaker 1: There's a link up for this. There's a link on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Go check those out.
Speaker 3: The Golden Bachelor has been given a second season.
Speaker 1: I know you're stoked about this. Roud Oh yeah, it's a shout out to the old dudes. Yeah, the New Bachelor.
Speaker 3: For the New Bachelor's former NFL player turned lawyer Mel Owens. He's a Detroit native that attended the University of Michigan and was drafted to the La Rams in nineteen eighty one. Unlike the first Golden Bachelor, Jerry Turner, who was a widower, Owens is divorced. He has two sons, and this news all comes after The Bachelorette was put on hold for a season.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody under sixty years old called mel? No? That's how you know he's old. That's how you know he's he's an old bachelor. Mel. Is it for Melvin? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess it would be short for Melvin. That's mallarkey hit me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, good luck mel Yeah, go get a mel He's got a link up, Play buddy, he's got a link up today on links and Guests. Hailstorm has unveiled their first new song at twenty twenty five. It's called Darkness Always Wins.
Speaker 3: We're listening to a little bit of it right now, and it singles a darker, more introspective direction for the band. It's expected to be the lead single from their upcoming album. Those specific details about the release remain under wraps. The band is also gearing up for a busy touring schedule this year, including European dates supporting Iron Maiden participating in the Azzie and Black Sabbath farewell show and a US tour with Volbeat.
Speaker 1: Do you want to listen to a little bit of this?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 1: You know how much I love Lizzie. Yeah, it's just got a slow build. It rocks eventually. There's something called a radio song and a single, and I don't know that this is it. Well, I know Tool gets to do that. I love her, but Tool doesn't get a lot of radio airplay either.
Speaker 2: It's because they have a nine minute song.
Speaker 1: This song, it's really good. She's such an amazing vocalist. I just don't know that it's the radio single that they needed to release. But I don't know what the rest of the album sounds like. It's a real slow build. It's a beautiful song. Now they're darker.
Speaker 2: You don't understand if this is their email pace. She's unbelievable. There she goes where. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let me know what you think. Everybody, go to the music blog page, take a listen to it. This is gonna be the show at the shows. Everybody's gonna have the phone lights up at this part. That's gonna be with the videos you see from the concerts. Yeah, it's great jadline. It's on links and guests. Let me know if I you know, go listen to it. I'll shoot your email over at a radio wizard. Maybe we can bully him into playing it on the air, just like that Puddle of Mud song we were trying to champion yesterday. You know, we like, I don't know, I think he's still lukewarm on that. Okay, So some NBA scores.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last night in the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers got by the Bucks, the thunderblot the Grizzlies, and the Lakers beat the Timberwolves.
Speaker 1: Tonight, give me my Name music, please, you got it.
Speaker 2: I can't talk.
Speaker 1: About him, I say, get my news.
Speaker 3: It's Game two between the Rockets and the Warriors at the Toyota Center. Golden State leads the series one game. The nine Rockets come into this game as three and a half point favorite. Tip Off was at eight point thirty and you can listen to the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty k tier ah.
Speaker 1: But the next two hours, a total of four of you will be able to go to tonight's game. In the Torture ten, we have two pair of tickets. We'll give away a pair in the Torture ten to the tenth caller at seven to twenty and we'll play again at eight twenty. So it's you gotta be down to party and get in there, stand up and shout tonight. Be a Rockets fan. Yeah, you're a Golden State fan. I won't give you the ticket. Hashtag lift off.
Speaker 2: Lift off, kick a mass, or kick some ass.
Speaker 1: And baseball Astros got another win last night. They beat the Blue Jays five to one.
Speaker 3: They've won four of their last five and are back above five hundred on the season. They're gonna wrap up their series with the blue Jays tonight. Ryan Guesto will be on the mount for the Strows against Toronto's Boden Francis. First pictures at six forty, and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football, the NFL Draft starts tomorrow night in Green Bay.
Speaker 1: The Texans all the twenty fifth overall pick in the first round, so I start looking at all those mock drafts. Gang, That's what's going on in sports torture. Can can't wait, can't wait? Seven twenty Rockets tickets won't go anywhere.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Morning Shows, The Buzzy Red.
Speaker 1: Hot Chilli Peppers on ninety four or five The buzz Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you for just joining us. Wakey, wakey, cover up your snaky rained today scattered thunderstorms kind of throughout the day, just kind of.
Speaker 2: Nasty, cloudy, low eighties.
Speaker 1: Nothing's gonna bring me down. Nothing, nothing's gonna bring me down. Okay, Rockets tickets.
Speaker 2: This hour and next hour, Alex.
Speaker 1: For court side seats for you tonight for court side seat, for court side seats. Does Chili have a Rockets tattoo? It's confirmed. We we both know that he's got the incredible Hulk. He's got his last name, it's got some portraits working over there. He's got a little basketball would be the logo. He's got a little swirly whirlly on his titties. Does he a text on one calf? I'm trying to think what the other calf is? Astros or rocket?
Speaker 2: Does you?
Speaker 1: Does your twin brother have a rocket tattoo? No court side seats?
Speaker 2: Yes he does, Yes he does.
Speaker 1: What's your final answer? Did he just say, Chili, do you have a rocket tattoo? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, the old school basketball?
Speaker 8: What was Yeah?
Speaker 2: The old school logo? I remember that.
Speaker 1: What would be cool is if I had court side seats.
Speaker 2: To give you what.
Speaker 1: Now you have to buy me courts. It's game six.
Speaker 2: Remember he's notorious for this.
Speaker 12: He told me I could have the jeep if I did something, and I think and now that now he's doing this to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Julie, how long have you had that Rockets tattoo?
Speaker 6: By? Eight?
Speaker 2: Eight or nine years?
Speaker 1: Maybe longer? Come on, I know number round back long it was? It was?
Speaker 12: Uh, because I bet that I lost because the Rockets were in the playoffs played against Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: You got that thing when Y'ao Ming was bouncing the ball.
Speaker 2: But the reason I got it was because they said they were down three to one.
Speaker 12: And then it was the last game at Oklahoma or something like that, one of the games at Oklahoma that were playing, and I said, if the Rockets win today, I'll get a Rockets logo tattooed on means.
Speaker 1: The Clippers game, the Clippers series.
Speaker 2: No, it was against Oklahoma Thunders.
Speaker 1: But give me like, was it Tracy McGrady era, Uh No, before or after after?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I believe it was Shane Battier. I believe it, but yeah, right there when he was playing that year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked Shane. I like Shane Battier. Yeah, Shane.
Speaker 2: And maybe I don't know if Harting was with us at the time or not.
Speaker 1: I never came back from three to one. Yeah, that's against the Clippers with Harden because that was when I first started on the show, because I was still doing double duty that time, right.
Speaker 2: So maybe it was ten years ago.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was like ten years ago. I remember that for sure, because I had to get it on radio on the air.
Speaker 2: Chilli, you don't even have to.
Speaker 1: Work during these torture ten games. I do all the work over here for these games. You don't got to answer the phone. You got enoughing. I take the calls.
Speaker 12: I still watch it, and I still like make sure that everything runs okay because if he doesn't, you know, we want the listeners to get the best ever.
Speaker 1: They're gonna get the best experience ever. Like nine people are gonna be absolutely destroyed coming up on the show, and one of you is going to win a pair of tickets to the Rockets Golden State Warriors tonight. You're telling me the Rockets are favored Alex by three points. Okay, they were favored for game one too, though it doesn't mean anything. It's I like to say, it's only game two, Alex. You go to the other side of this this Formica countertop, and he's like, it's a must win. It is, okay, don't go down out two. You can't go down, oh two, can't go down out too?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, nothing yet.
Speaker 1: I know I see everyone's calling right now. We're gonna get to all these calls coming up after the break. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Did you think I was giving away the tickets? Now? I didn't know when to call.
Speaker 9: I'm listening on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: There's a big delay.
Speaker 1: There is a little bit of a delay, and that's okay, but I always like to say, listen, don't worry about it's a level playing field when you play the game.
Speaker 2: So it's not gonna be until after the break.
Speaker 1: And I've been saying seven twenty seven twenty, so it'll be after seven to twenty this morning.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad that.
Speaker 1: You're up, you're listening, you're on the app. I love everything about it.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I hope to get you back on during the Torture Town.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hope so too.
Speaker 1: All right, bro, thank you, shit you Armando. I gotta take a break, so we're not gonna get started with this for about another ten minutes or so, so just relax.
Speaker 2: I see, David, I see all the people.
Speaker 1: Calling on the phones, rockets tickets though this hour and next hour for tonight's game.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rocks, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody. Alex is getting things set up over there for Torture ten. We've got rockets tickets for you, not only this hour, but next hour, so sit tight for that. They say a fifty percent chance to scattered thunderstorms. It's kind of in and out. It's scattered, it's not it's not organized. Okay, it's just scattery. So thunderstorms possible throughout the day. Highs up around eighty one. I see everything with the Pope is still trending. He's laying in state. I mean, they're still going. They're cutting away on all the channels live to him right now. So I know that the Pope is trending. What else are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, wildd Wednesday is obviously trending, okay, Roel Peterson was submitted to us by listener Royal And you're gonna like what you see when you go to the world famous Rid Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com and check her out.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what our number one link is? Is it wildcot Wednesday? No, it's milf Monday. But then I think she took her stuff down. It got picked up via our website. It was trending all over the place. And then I don't know what happened. I don't know this gal, but I don't I can't find her pictures now. I did comment on one of her posts. She said this or GTA or GTA six and I said GTA six. Did she respond? No?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, yeah, I think she's gonna take grand theft auto every I think she took her stuff down. What else?
Speaker 1: Cashmere? Cashmere is trending.
Speaker 3: There was a terrorist attack in Cashmere that killed twenty six people and injured seventeen, and that is all over the news right now.
Speaker 1: Be people are talking about that, and then food die. We talked about this earlier. The FDA is trying to phase out or get companies to phase out food dies over the next coming years. And that's what's training on nine e FID it does all right, are we ready to do the torture? Ten? After after after the song?
Speaker 2: Yes, you got Papa Roach.
Speaker 1: Oh we got something in there for Administrative Professionals Day.
Speaker 8: We do.
Speaker 1: Used to be Secretary's Day, right, it's not that anymore. Okay, Well, I'm gonna take the calls live. I've got all the calls zeroed out. What that means is they're all on hold. You can't get through. Every single one of you that's trying to call right now is getting a busy signal.
Speaker 2: What are they calling for?
Speaker 1: Rockets tickets tonight Golden State Warriors. I am not going to release the phones, meaning you will not be able to get through until I come back on Live in about three and a half minutes. But we'll get to those rockets sick. It's it's torture.
Speaker 2: Ten.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do anything but call keep the number handy seven one three, two two five nine four five.
Speaker 8: The celebrating You can't they enough for your contribution.
Speaker 2: We rely on you.
Speaker 8: Keep you starting nice and a thousand other things. Here's your special day. Just don't get com ask for.
Speaker 1: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Papa Roach, even if it kills me. All right, I'm ready to go. We have rockets stickets to give to you. We have a two pair. We're gonna give away one pair here and then we'll get started after eight o'clock. We'll get started at around eight twenty talking about that second pair of Rockets tickets. Now you gotta be down to party tonight. Rockets Golden State Warriors Game two, Alex already with the must win situation. My goodness, seems a little dramatic.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: But you're saying that you can't go down, oh into not the Golden State. Okay, well, this music is dramatic. What is Chili gonna do during this? Like we don't he's got an episode of Martin. Oh, Chili is just like just chilling. He doesn't have to do anything. I take all the calls, I do all the things. Chili. Just relax, bro, big stretch, just kind of chill out, dude, Thank you, I got.
Speaker 2: You here, and we'll go on vacation.
Speaker 1: Then, could you just could you free up? Could you allow people to call?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: I'll just that just one more thing, okay, so here we goes boom. Just like that, he has unleashed the phone lines and now and now all the calls are.
Speaker 2: Allowed to come in. So here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for caller number ten. Caller ten will win tickets to go see the Rockets tonight. Let's go to the phones. Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Who's this?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Hi Paul? How are you good?
Speaker 13: Over?
Speaker 2: So well?
Speaker 1: And boom goes a dynamite dude, you're the first caller, First caller, Paul, slow down? Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hi Jake, Hi, how are you today. Here's the other thing about the people that call in. They're not being screened by Chili at all. So I don't know what this is anybody. Yeah, this is wild, just taking live calls on the radio.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, sweep the lick. You have a problem with that? Okay, sorry, we got to sweep your leg.
Speaker 1: Your caller number two, dude, you're out of here.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, okay, boy. Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Hi, who's this Hi? All right, run home and cry to mama.
Speaker 1: Call her number three? Sorry, Good morning rod Ryan Show. All right, now, we got somebody with some energy here.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 8: Buddy?
Speaker 2: Let's go?
Speaker 1: Can we get this guy some rocket stickets? Please? Oh?
Speaker 2: Mess with the bull, young man, you'll get the horns A sorry, sorry, bro?
Speaker 1: Your collor for.
Speaker 2: Good morning Rob Ryan Show? No, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm doing good?
Speaker 2: A super great, super great.
Speaker 1: What you want to hear is a bell like you want to hear a bell or a ringing, some sort of a celebratory thing. If you are the tenth caller one, two, three four, rub on it skin? No, no, you don't want lotion? No, sorry, bro, get the lotion. Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hello, turned out your radio?
Speaker 6: Hey man, it's greatest man, I'm this is every day.
Speaker 2: I hope I will call it number two.
Speaker 1: And man, man, I'm hoping your caller number or ten.
Speaker 2: I hope I'll call it number two.
Speaker 1: I like the energy, my friend. I appreciate you picking up the phone and calling us today. Can we get this guy some tickets?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 1: Can we? No? Sorry? Bro?
Speaker 6: Damn?
Speaker 2: What was his name? I didn't get it either.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hi, who's this this Christian? I'm looking for caller number ten?
Speaker 13: No, come on, that's early No God, please, no, no, sorry dude, god seven eight that morn seven gets killed.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, dude, how are you.
Speaker 1: Trying to get caller ten? Here? Okay, Caesar, are you still there down here?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm just asking how you're feeling. You're okay, you're good, You've you got to you got a good vibe going right now.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to answer my questions. He just wants tickets.
Speaker 1: Caesar, Hi, why aren't you answering me? Good? All right, let's rip off the band aid here, just rip it off.
Speaker 2: You get nothing out. Good day, sir, Sorry Caesar.
Speaker 1: Call him number eight. Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Okay, Hello, Hello, Hi, what's your name? Hello? Yeah, dude, you're on? What's your name?
Speaker 5: It sounds like someone talking.
Speaker 1: Sounds like someone's talking. I don't know.
Speaker 12: I can hear you now?
Speaker 2: Oh you can't. Hi, let me get your name, dude.
Speaker 5: It's Johnny for Cyprus.
Speaker 1: Johnny, your uh, your caller? Your caller number nine?
Speaker 5: I know the call.
Speaker 2: Come on, I got.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 2: Hey? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 2: Up? Who's this?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Coller ten?
Speaker 1: No? You kidding me?
Speaker 2: You got him? You made it.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, you made it through the nine Torture ten. You're my winner.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you tickets to go see the Rockets.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 2: That is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I thought for sure you were gonna kill me. Hello, dude, not you.
Speaker 1: I would never do that to you. Just the nine people that got through before you tell everybody your name again? Where are you from? Right? Dude? You got a pair of tickets to go see the Rockets tonight. Golden State Warriors by Man Alex says, it's a must win situation.
Speaker 2: You're in that fantastic.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic. Everybody will do this all again at A twenty. We got one final pair to get.
Speaker 2: To the Ryans Show on ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: It's the Buzz.
Speaker 13: Shit pump, Yes.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, buzz Good morning, brod Ryan's Show. All right, every start of my computer, those phones started. Yeah, those phones started freaking me out there. At the very end of the Torture ten Studio Chile, I got a hard restart happening.
Speaker 2: On my end.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can jiggle the court on your end over there, but I already sent stuff to just bitching about the phones and stuff. We're doing Torture ten again. That's one pair of Rockets tickets down game two tonight, Rockets Golden State Warriors at the Toyota Center. I think there might be a handful of tickets remaining for the show, for the for the game tonight, I mean probably second hand made. Yeah, of course there's always going to be some of those floating around out there. If you're down to party with the Rockets tonight on this must win. According to Alex must win.
Speaker 3: You can't go down to a perennial winner like Golden State, even though they're older now, like they've got all the experience.
Speaker 1: We don't have the experience. Gotta beat him tonight. I can't say I disagree with you on that. We'll have another opportunity. We'll get rolling in with the Torture ten closer to around eight twenty. Also, while while Chili's jiggling his cord, he wanted me to remind you to get signed up on links and guests that is working. He wanted me to tell you. If you wanted to come in and play read my lips tomorrow, you have to sign up on links and guests. Do what he asks of you. There's a simple little application. That forum is right there on today's world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page. If you want to be the one that comes down to play, hit us up on links and guests.
Speaker 10: All right, Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The rod Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. It's Jimmy World. It's a wild card Wednesday. That is our number one link today. And then a lot of people are still trying to find that milk from Monday. I don't know if she took her stuff down or whatever, but our post went viral and then private.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happens.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. We haven't had that happen to us. It's something I just saw when I was strolling on mine. Follow You followed her, and then now you get to see her stuff. So she realized that she got a million new people following her, and she went private.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, well that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Then all right, well we got scattered thunderstorms throughout the day today fifty percent chance and that is really kind of like it's just kind of skanky all day, but it's it's gonna be awesome. Next hour, another round of torture ten for Rockets tickets Golden State Warriors tonight. Alex has more on that coming up in sports, but we will have another pair of tickets for you. Will get rolling with at at around eight twenty. Right now, I got Alex with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Welcome morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk says that his time commitment to the Department of Government Efficiency is going to drop significantly next month. After yesterday's Tesla earning report, Tesla's first quarter earnings revealed a significant downturn, with net income plumbing seventy one percent and revenue declining nine percent, missing Wall Street expectations by a large amount. Automotive sales dropped twenty percent and vehicle deliveries felt thirteen percent year over a year. The company cited factors such as trade tariffs, shifting political sentiment, and CEO Elon Musk's controversial involvement in the Trump administration. After the earnings were released, muscnounds that he plans to reduce his government roles starting next month to refocus on Tesla and Arizona. Jury found the Doomsday Mom, Lorie Valley de Bell, guilty yesterday of conspiring to murder her fourth husband, Charles Valo in twenty nineteen. Representing herself during the trial, Davell claimed that her brother shot Value in self defense during a confrontation at her home. Prosecutors argued that the killing was premeditated, motivated by a one million dollar life insurance policy and her desire to marry Chad day Bell, who she ended up marrying four months later.
Speaker 1: Dave Bell is already serving.
Speaker 3: Life sentences in Idaho for the murders of her two youngest children and Chad's first wife. She faces another trial in June for allegedly conspiring to kill her niece's ex husband.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I mean they've got to be saving the hottest seat in hell for her. Yeah, Like, is she right up there? Like one of the worst people of all time? How many people you got body counts? But you kiss killing?
Speaker 2: Oh that's brutal.
Speaker 1: On a lier note, Happy World Book Day, there you go. Yeah, it became up.
Speaker 3: An official holiday in nineteen ninety five, and they chose April twenty third because it's William Shakespeare's death day. He died fore nine years ago today in sixteen sixteen. What was the last book that you read?
Speaker 2: Though, if you.
Speaker 1: Can't remember, you're not alone.
Speaker 3: A poll found that a third of Americans haven't read a book and at least a year and see t three percent of people say that they'd like to read more. Sixty six percent of people have a collection of books at home. That is a fun flex to just be like, yeah, I bought these books, and like you've never read any of them, but you're like, but yeah, that's a cool looking like spine right.
Speaker 1: You put me on the spot last hour and I couldn't come up with it. Man, I'm ashamed to say. It was at the end of last year. It was Steve Gorman's book. Uh he was the drummer for the Black Crows.
Speaker 2: Okay, I read that.
Speaker 1: So I did read like three or four books last year. I'm trying to get four books in a year one quarter. It's not mad, and I'm doing a horrible job of it. I don't have my first book done yet this quarter, but I am working on Elvira's biography.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, the top excuses that people had for not reading as much is they'd like, we're not having enough time because of other life activities, preferring other forms of entertainment, not having enough time because of work, kids, and having trouble focusing while reading. I mean, if a game's on, I'm not going to be reading a book while watching a game, and it just doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: True, but sometimes you just got to do that. Yeah, you got to turn the game off. I mean not some cable companies that go then you have plenty of time to read. Don't turn tonight's game off. But I mean there's other games that you don't necessarily have to watch that you could maybe do a little reading instead.
Speaker 3: John Sena may play a tough guy on screen, but he says that he got bullied by fans into getting a hair transplant. Last November, Sina said, quote, you chan't and make me feel small and you embarrass me.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't know what that's like. That is straight up bullying. It's just not cool.
Speaker 3: So thank you for bullying me into getting surgical hair replacement. That's how far you'all push me. Thank you so much for being so aware of my needs and emotions because you guys ripped me to shreds for a genetic problem that I can't control.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Sena has a super noticeable bald spot in the back of his head that he can't really hide when he's in the ring. He did do a heel turn recently, so he may be overplaying the bullying card a little bit. Though not everybody can get to surgical hair treatment. John, maybe check your privilege. H I thought that one. I'll say, you flip around on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oil and gas. Greg said he saw him on the.
Speaker 2: McAfee show, so I think he was in character when he's talking. Yeah, this right, I mean this.
Speaker 1: Is nobody's seen him as a heel until recently, so I don't know that. Why is he being mean? Why was he being bad? But John, But on Pat's show, he can be in character and they can talk wrestling. He wouldn't go on Good Morning America and talk about that.
Speaker 6: Or would he?
Speaker 1: No? What about evil John Cena? He wouldn't know he's evil johns Cena.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think that Good Morning America would allow you to stay in character. Pat McFee wiel Honey if they.
Speaker 3: Did Okay Fish won the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Fan vote with three hundred and thirty thousand votes. Bad Company came in second with two hundred and eighty one thousand, followed by Billy Idols, Cindi Lauper, and Joe Cocker. So Soundgarden didn't even crack the top five of the fan votes. The The fan vote does not have a ton of influence though on who makes it into the Hall. Only counts for a single ballot among the roughly twelve hundred that are cast. There's only been one year, though, that the winner of the fan vote didn't make it into the Hall, and that was in twenty twenty when Dave Matthew's band won the vote, but they did end up get into the Hall.
Speaker 1: Eventually last year.
Speaker 3: This year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees are going to be announced Sunday night on American Idol.
Speaker 2: All right, they let.
Speaker 1: Fishing, right, I guess, I don't know. Yeah, they're like a They're like Grateful Dead part two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, so yeah?
Speaker 1: People love them? People love them so yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Last night in the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers got by the Bucks, the Thunderblood, the Grizzlies, and the Lakers beat the Timberwolves tonight, though, there's only one game.
Speaker 1: That we care about, and it's Game two between the Rockets and the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Rockets are dead one to zero in the series.
Speaker 3: They're three and a half point favorites coming into tonight's game. Tip Off is at eight thirty. They already sent two people of the game. We're gonna send two more people to the game and the next hour another round of the torch are ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty k tr HS.
Speaker 1: But why wouldn't you just want to call in and win the tickets?
Speaker 2: Right? Not right now?
Speaker 1: Right, we'll get rolling at around eight twenty.
Speaker 3: Start getting those dialing fingers ready. Okay, everybody in baseball. Astro's got another wind. Last night they beat the Blue Jays five to one. They've now won four of their last five and their back above five hundred on the season. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Blue Jays tonight. Ryan Gusto will be on the mount for the Strolls, going up against Toronto's boat in Francis First pitch is at six forty. You can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football, the NFL drafts starts tomorrow night in Green Bay. Texans have the twenty first and the twenty fifth pick in the first round.
Speaker 1: And so if you wanna you wanna start looking at all those mock drafts and guessing who they're gonna take, that's the time to do it is right now. That's what's going on in sports. Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 4: Rost Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: A buzz half Wye part of the show came on ninety four five to bus Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show eight o six On this wild card Wednesday, nasty weather outside, yeah, uh, scattered thunderstorms throughout the day today we're gonna talking about I think the rest of the week here, maybe drying out by the weekend. We hope, we hope, I hope You're off to a great start to your day. You were talking about John Cena and his bald spot. You know, like him or love him. He's the face of the WWE. He's having a birthday today. John Cena is how old forty one forty eight. Really well, yeah, I was getting there. I was definitely getting there because you were talking about this is the day that William Shakespeare died.
Speaker 2: That's why it's reading day day.
Speaker 1: But the one thing I wanted to mention about John Cena is, you know he's got a legitimate acting career. Now, like a legitimate acting career. You know, it's hard for a big, bulky guy. You know, you get kind of he's doing some other roles. He's not just doing like what The Rock's doing. He's in some other roles, and I think he's doing a good job. I think he's gonna be around for a while. On the big screen, I do probably say, yeah, he's doing exactly what The Rock did. Yeah, but he's Yeah, he's taking that same exact career path where you get there to the wrestling and then you can still dabble in the resting.
Speaker 2: Right now, you got another thing you can do.
Speaker 1: The thing you gotta know about John Cena is, I know that he's every bit as hated as he has loved. But he is the number one wish grant of all time for the Make a Wish Foundation. Nobody's done more than him. Nobody's granted more wishes. Little kids want to meet him, and he makes time for that. Nobody has done more for make a wish than John Cena, So you got to give it up for him. But you're right, I'm looking at the birthdays here.
Speaker 2: I don't normal.
Speaker 1: Let's say George Lopez. How old is George Lopez fifty sixty, sixty, sixty sixty four. Wolfe's mom, Andy van Halen's ex wife, Valerie Burtnelli is sixty five today. Oh, Gigi hadded, she's headlining the Looking at Girls blog page. She's thirty today. The inventor of radio research radio wizard having a birthday today. Our boss is having a birthday. He invented radio research. He did no one else had done it before. He and Graft. They also invented the graph, the radio graph, the radio research, the radio song hook. He invented it all. So congratulations to him and a radio wizard.
Speaker 2: Hope you're having a great birthday today. I don't know how old he is.
Speaker 1: In the back end of the fifties. There's another day over thirty five. No, not at all, Lauren sends in an email, Rod, I heard what you said earlier. About the new Hailstorm song. So I went to go listen to it.
Speaker 2: I have to agree with you.
Speaker 1: I listened to about two and a half minutes of it, and I couldn't get into it. I love Lizzie. It's a beautiful song, but I can't see it being on the buzz. But also, I'm not the professional like you and Radio Wizard. Have a great day, Lauren. Lauren, if you have a pair of ears, then you're working with what I got. Yeah, you got. I mean you got the same qualifications, You got the same equipment. Over there, there's a brand new Lizzie Hale song, and I love everything that she sings. She has one of the best voices male female rock, pop, R and B. I don't care what genre Lizzie Hale can sing at all. Okay, it's kind of like a carry Underwood situation where it's just like she could sing the phone book and I would listen to it. The song is great. Is it a radio single?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: I don't know it didn't. It's just the brief listening we add. It takes a while to get into it. I'll tell you what, if you want to listen to same thing, there's another song it's maybe the most beautiful thing on YouTube. Her and Amy Lee did a duet on a song, and if they're in the studio and they're singing together, you want to hear those two songbirds singing with each other. Oh my god, it's ridiculous. So, I mean, I love everything. I love Lizzie. I've had great interviews with her. We've we've had the interviews before and we've shown you guys how cool she is. I just don't know that this is a radio song. It's on the music blog page today. Go listen to it and let us know. It's thank everybody. Now. The other one that kind of grew on both Alex and I was that Puddle of Months song that we played yesterday.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: Wizard's not too keen on that. It's like, I don't know about this was to be nice in my respect his opinion, so h you know, he's got the same ears as you and I.
Speaker 2: He he just puts, he just he just plots.
Speaker 1: All these songs on a graph.
Speaker 2: He listens visually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like graphically, John mansh beautiful mind.
Speaker 2: He's drawing it on a wall somewhere, on a window in a dorm room.
Speaker 1: A port, yeah, a bar grow We're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We have another pair of tickets to the Rockets tonight, Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: Must win, must win Rocket game. Rockets.
Speaker 1: Rocket's favored to win against the Golden State Warriors tonight in the Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: They are by three and a half points.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have another pair of tickets to Game two tonight. We're gonna take the calls. We're gonna do the whole Torture ten thing all over again. This is this game is easy. It's easy for Chile, it's easy for you. All you gotta do is call. I'm gonna tell everybody when they're calling, do us a big favor when you are calling. Turned down your radio and do all that stuff. But don't call just yet. Okay, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna turn you loose until after the break. All right, Rock and Alternative to the Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, coming up, coming up, the Torture ten. I'll be taking phone calls live on the air. Not just yet. Good morning, who's this?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Marmando.
Speaker 1: You're a little early, dude. I haven't even started the game yet. But you're excited, right, Yeah, yeah, I did say at eight twenty. I said at eight twenty we'll get rolling on it. You don't know, you know, I don't do anything on time around here. You give me a hard time.
Speaker 2: You're giving me a hard time.
Speaker 6: Come on, dude, I called the last time early and you're like, oh, no, we're doing the time later on.
Speaker 1: Then I should just give him to you. No. Good morning Rod, Ryan's show, Good morning, Hi, who's this.
Speaker 2: So coming up?
Speaker 1: We're gonna do the rockets tickets for the Torture ten, but I haven't started it yet. What am we gonna get rolling soon on it?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna call that. Okay, I want you to call back. I want you to call back. Thank you, good luck to you. As far as we'll get into this shortly. As far as what's trending, these new Jersey fires I keep seeing coming up over and over again, I got an email from Lisa. Good morning Rod, longtime listener. I started listening when I lived in Houston. Now I live in Jersey. The fires that Alex has been talking about are twenty miles north of me, and she sent me some picks from yesterday she's hoping the fire gets under control before we need to bug out, and you just see the smoke from a distance. So these New Jersey fires, it's a big, big story today. And we got somebody that's listening on the iHeart app that's twenty miles from them. So what else, Well, yeah, the New Jersey fires are trending. And then I also said Robert Irwin was trending. I was like, oh, what did he do? He's gonna be on Dancing with the Stars. Then in the next season, I thought it was what do I know Robert Irwin Steve Irwin's kid? Oh yeah, the kid looks just like it got I might is he also a crocodile hunter? He does think the same.
Speaker 3: He works at their their animals sanctuary es okay, the little zoo that they have, like with some of the same crocodiles that Steve worked with.
Speaker 1: What did we used to get married and has a kid? Now? I think, who did I used to post on the looking at girls? It wasn't Bindy Irwin?
Speaker 2: It was there.
Speaker 1: Did they have a cousin that was really hot?
Speaker 2: That was thirsty?
Speaker 1: Maybe some of the internet I know we've bust have been to a couple of times, but I think it was Steve Irwin's niece. That was the headline that he used to post her all the time. I gotta go check in onla some I reckon there's some Sheila's. But yeah, So Robert erwins tinning and then also wildcard Wednesday continues to trend. April Peterson check her route sinning from listener Royal. Thank you Royal for providing us with this treat on a Wednesday. That's just training on nine for five the buzz. Now let's kill some people. Okay, Well, well, Metaphora, line up your drops, line up everything that you want to play. We're going to take the ten calls. Three and a half minutes. Three and a half minutes, Chili.
Speaker 2: If I could just I.
Speaker 1: Mean, listen, I'm going easy on you today. If I could just get you to busy out all the lines and then that's it. I'll take it from here. Okay, So just just like that, everybody's got a busy sigma all right, three and a half minutes. Torture ten coming up for Rockets tickets tonight game two Golden State Warriors. So rod Ryan Show found ninety four five the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday. I've made you wait long e Nah, here's that music? All right?
Speaker 2: Set it up for me.
Speaker 1: Rockets, Golden State Warriors. You said it's a must win tonight. It's only game two, maybe not. I must win if it can't lose.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that. I like that.
Speaker 1: I can't lose. Game two, Warriors got the win. Game one. We gotta stop tonight. Eight thirty tip off means you win now and you are going.
Speaker 2: To this evening's game. Okay, Chile, I said, you're off the hope for this game.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is just unbusy the line so that people can get through, and then I can start taking these calls. And we're just gonna work our way to get up to caller number ten. All right, Here we go over to the phone. It's very exciting. Everyone's calling for these tickets right now. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Who's on the phone, dan Ara? How are you today? I'm good?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 2: I'm so great?
Speaker 1: Listen, I've got these Rockets tickets. Would you be able to even go tonight if you win? I mean it's tonight it's tonight. Yeah, you might be busy though, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's see what call her?
Speaker 1: Is she?
Speaker 6: Oh? Rock?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: You call her? Run first caller out of the gates. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hello, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Hey? What's up? Wow? Must really suck being you're right now. Oh that's a little harsh.
Speaker 1: Your call her too, Good morning rod Ryan Showing. Oh man, dude, I'll tell you what. I love the energy and everything this morning. Uh by go David Brad Layer Ladder call her number three. Good morning, Hello, Hi, Hi, what's your name? Oh god, Eric? Eric, listen. I appreciate you calling in this morning.
Speaker 2: One two three whom for her?
Speaker 1: Call her floor? You call her smoking with you gos?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, who's this? Yeah, welcome to the show. Dude, trying to win some Rockets tickets.
Speaker 2: Huh, I'm giving it a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah you might as well.
Speaker 2: Dude. I mean you gotta call you gotta be in it to win it.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for caller number ten.
Speaker 2: It was not what I.
Speaker 1: Was looking for.
Speaker 8: Ten.
Speaker 1: You're five. Sorry, bro, half way the Sorry dude. Good morning Rob Ryan's Show, Rin v Win Hi, Vince giving away some Rockets tickets didn't.
Speaker 2: It's win. It was wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, No six six, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Right, Hello, Hello, who is he?
Speaker 1: That's corn bread?
Speaker 2: Hey, corn bread?
Speaker 1: How are you today?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 9: I'm fantastic if I remember ten, three, four.
Speaker 1: Five, six, all right. I'm just I just want to make sure that I get the un right because we're looking for ten. This is not the kind of thing you want to You want to mess up here, so you get good day, the good day there caller seven, Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, well, hello, there.
Speaker 2: It is Jacob.
Speaker 5: Don't you do it?
Speaker 2: Don't don't you do it? No word you called it? I got the lord you called it. I was brutal.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Michelle? Hi? Michelle, trying to get to call her number ten. Here for these Rockets tickets. The game is tonight. It's against the Golden State Warriors. It's game two. Alex says, it's a it's a game that you don't want to lose, can't lose. It's a game that you want to be in the Toyota Center for. And it's pretty tough. It's pretty tough ticket, right, now giving them a way to call her number ten.
Speaker 2: You are caller number nine. My gosh, thank you, thank you. You deserve better than that.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Hey, Johnny, Johnny Wait a minute, is it Johnny? Is it Chris? Who am I talking to?
Speaker 2: Johnny quiz?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: JQ?
Speaker 1: Yumy yummy, give me some follow number ten the god dude, let's go, JOHNNYQ. I'm gonna give you some tickets to go see the Rockets game two tonight. Golden State Warriors, you survived during the torture to ye go man, y'all, don't let out what I call y'all. Give me an idea how much you call us?
Speaker 2: Right now? With about seventy toms, I don't know when to call you. Finally gave me a count down the tom way to go.
Speaker 1: Listen. This is for everybody out there. My man called seventy times. How bad do you want these tickets? This guy wants some bad. He's the guy that should be in the building today. I'm so happy for you, bro, have a great time tonight.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I love you, ILL appreciate everything all due. Thank you so much, man, I so much fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for I love it.
Speaker 2: Go Rockets, Let's do it.
Speaker 10: Ryan Show, the Buzz, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz that's Green Day and basket Case. Good morning, brought Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday, number one link today. Great job on the Torture ten everybody. Uh, I appreciate you guys playing along. That is fun to listen to, really exciting. Will we have more Rockets tickets moving forward? Are the Rockets coming back here to play? Well? They will if they win today, then they'll be Then they punched their ticket for another home game?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, thank you?
Speaker 1: Those through straight. Oh yeah, they won't do. They have to win one here in one in Golden State.
Speaker 2: That there. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if we'll have more Rockets tickets. We're hoping that we will.
Speaker 2: But that was really, really fun.
Speaker 1: So have a great time everyone else, Rockets tonight. Give me a game time thirty Why so late guys, time the Vegas game? Okay, all right, all right, all right, all right, excuse me. I'm in a great mood. I'm in a great mood just because I got I got an awesome email from one of our guys that works here and I got the green light. I have mentioned on the air one of our great outstanding partners here on The Rod Ryan Show is Shell Federal Credit Union. I love them so much. The way that they came about working with us. It was all like through like the back end on a charity and everything, and they became one of the biggest sponsors of The Rod Ryan Show and ninety four to five the Buzz and I heart Houston and I love them so much. And you know when I talk about Shell Federal Credit Union during the summer, you know, I hit them up for cash and I ask them for six grand. Have told I have been told that we have the green light that we are a go for the Suburb Summer Sizzler again, fourth or fifth year.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll have to look it up, but I love playing the Suburb of Summer Sizzler. We won't play until July or August. I think we're going to play in August, and it usually goes until the beginning of September, so that's something to look forward to. I might as well just tell you now because I'm beating up my guys over here. I'm beating up the Twins radio Wizard already sent me some ideas. I got to get some T shirt ideas. If you guys have some T shirt ideas, we're going to open up the rod Ryan Show Care store. The school year is not even done yet, and we're going to start fundraising very very soon to try to raise money for backpacks. You know, we do that all summer long. And I want to reopen the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. But you know, the store is as successful. I mean, I know, we do some other fun things, and we do some special days, and we have some angel investors that come in and do some fun things, But the store is only successful as how cool the designs are and how cool the merchandise is that we sell. Hey, if you have an idea that you think that would be great for a rod Ryan's Show T shirt, you know it doesn't necessarily have to you know, our name will be on it somewhere. But if you have a great idea for a shirt, you know, find it, screencap it, draw it, just mock it up. Whatever you have to do, get it to me.
Speaker 2: Get it to me. Listen, some of the best ideas have come in from you guys.
Speaker 1: We've used you guys before on the Boobs rock stuff and some of our biggest selling T shirts of all time have been stuff that listeners have designed.
Speaker 2: This is what just came in.
Speaker 1: I'd kind of thrown an email out there to our friends over at the Texas Hammer, Jim and Bill Adler. I came to them with a game. I came to them with a game last year. I think it last year was the first time we did it, and I said, I had this idea and I'd like mister Adler to kind of like voice the work parts. And the game is called Risk It for the Biscuit. Well, what's that?
Speaker 2: It's a funny name. What's involved?
Speaker 1: Just like that? Do you guys remember last year playing Risk It for the Biscuit? I needed cash though, and it was we were giving away cash, and uh, and I just got word that the Texas Hammers are in for Risk It for the Biscuit? Are you ready to Risk It for the Biscuit? This is where you get that music on and mister Adl will come out and say one hundred dollars and you hear the Yeah, it's like a it's like a wick and you don't know when it's gonna explode two one hundred dollars. One of my favorite radio things ever.
Speaker 2: It's so great to listen to.
Speaker 1: It's so compelling to listen to because everyone thinks, oh, I'm gonna hold out for the big bucks. I mean, you got a chance to win some big money here, but you don't know when that wick or the it's the wick, right, it's gonna explode. No, it's not the wick. It's the fuse. That's right. It's a wick on a candle. It's a fuse on the dynamite. So when it's going, you're the person on the phone and you're trying to hang in there for the most amount of money.
Speaker 2: Risk It for the Biscuit.
Speaker 1: Mister Adler is so cool, guys, he is the coolest guy ever. I just got word that they're in this year.
Speaker 2: I love, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Get the cash. I just gotta figure out. I gotta sit down with Wiz and we'll look at it. We're gonna play it for an entire week. We're gonna play Risk It for the Biscuit and we're gonna give away cash on this show. Thank you to our friends over at the Texas Hammer. Do you have what it takes to risk it for the Biscuit with rod Ryan on ninety four five The Buzz. I cannot wait. It's one of my favorite games to play, and it's just it's a week long of giving away cash on the air.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be sick.
Speaker 1: I just got the I just got the thumbs up that it's happening. I'm so happy. Oh, I'm so happy. It's so great.
Speaker 2: All right. So that's just a couple of things that are coming up on The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Things to look forward to rock in Alternative Us to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Breaking Benjamin and Awaken, rod Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday. Alternative Income is coming up Chance one one thousand dollars. John mulaney tickets are going on sale until Friday at ten, but he just announced a November eighth show. Smart Financial Center at Sugar Lane is one of the best comics going today. We got tickets for you coming up too. We got cloudy, we got scattered and thunderstorms throughout the day today. About a fifty percent chance it's on, it's off, it's not on, it's it's coming.
Speaker 2: It's a mess just skanky outside today. That's your weather game.
Speaker 1: Your weather word is skanky today. Hive around eighty one alex one final time Houston's headline A well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk says that his time commitment to the Department of Government Efficiency is going to drop significantly next month. After yesterday's Tesla earning report, Tesla's first quarter earnings revealed a significant downturn, with net income plumenting seventy one percent in revenue declining nine percent, missing Wall Street expectations by a large amount. Automotive sales dropped twenty percent, in vehicle deliveries fell thirteen percent year over year. The company cited factors such as trade tariffs, shifting political sentiment, and CEO Elon Musk's controversial involvement in the Trump administration. After the earnings were released, Musk announced that he plans to reduce his government roles starting next month to refocus on Tesla. After hinting that a ban might becoming, the FDA announced yesterday that it's urging food companies to voluntarily stop using synthetic food dies and switch to natural alternatives.
Speaker 1: This move supports Hell's secretary Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy Juniors Make America Healthy Again plan, and instead of enforcing the band, the FDA is setting a national timeline for the industry to make this change on its own. FDA Commissioner Marty Mark Macquerie mentioned that many companies are willing to remove artificial so they prefer collaboration over strict regulations. However, the Food Administration or the food industry argues that these dyes are safe and important for product consistency and appeal. They also warned that quick changes could disrupt product production and affect grocery prices. Just when it seemed like stores might be shying away from locking everything up because people were buying less stuff, Walmart is locking up groceries. They haven't locked up the eggs just yet, but they locked up a bunch of other things. And there are videos online of people in Walmart freaking out because there are anti theft locks on the meat. They're not in a locked case, they're in a tiny wire cage that apparently needs to be unlocked at the register. And in one video someone says, that's how you know it's bad when they put miniature gates on so you don't steal their meats.
Speaker 1: That's all. Like an old lady can see her hand grass like all lawd help us, all lawg come and help us, Like I guess if we're in a part. I mean the locking up of the things. I understand why the stores have to do it. There is a massive problem that needs to be out with. But I'm not going to shop if I got to ask for assistance to get everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also you.
Speaker 1: Were making a lot of people use self checkout. And if you make people use self checkout, they steal the self chack it's my it's I hate it.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 3: You don't get a discount, so sometimes you just give yourself a discount. Imre the old me did.
Speaker 1: I will say self checkout ninety percent of the time that I use it, I need assistance. That's the problem. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: Like you can't just be like I'm gonna go buy a case of beer, because then you got to show the ID and then I gotta wait. And sometimes that guy's helping someone else that doesn't know how to use a credit card, and someone else's trying to use a coupon it they can't use that machine. And some like if I go and I'm just buying like a thing of bread. Okay, scan them out.
Speaker 2: I'm in. Let's go.
Speaker 1: But if it's if it's anything that could stop it up, I'm not doing that. Yeah. Anyway, you can go see the videos on this stuff. They are locking up the meats now in Walmart's. The meats are being locked up.
Speaker 3: The Golden Bachelor has been given a second seat. He's in The New Bachelor. His former NFL player turned lawyer, Mel Owens.
Speaker 2: You know this guy, No, I don't know him either.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was drafted in nineteen eighty one. He's a little before my time. Let's go check my football card. Yeah, oh yeah, you might.
Speaker 2: You might.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be Valua and he's a Detroit native that attended the University of Michigan.
Speaker 1: Was drafted by the Rams in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 3: Unlike the first Golden Bachelor, Gary Turner, who was a widower, Owens is divorced and he has two sons. This news all comes after The Bachelorette was put on hold for a season.
Speaker 1: All right, hail Storm has unveiled their first new song of twenty twenty five, and it's called Darkness Always Wins. We're listening to it right now.
Speaker 3: It signals a darker, more introspective direction for the band. It's expected to be the lead single from their upcoming album, though specific details about the release remained under wraps. The band is also gearing up for a busy touring schedule this year, including European dates supporting Iron Maiden, participating in the Assie and Black Sabbath farewell Show, and a US tour with Boat Just.
Speaker 1: I went deeper in the song so you can kind of hear it when it rocks a little bit. Of course, I brought it up.
Speaker 2: Where there's a guitar solo, pretty sick.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to hear Lizzie sing.
Speaker 8: It is holding up.
Speaker 2: Jason off the Monstus.
Speaker 8: Drowning and.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous her voice. Just don't know if it's a radio song. Go listen to it. Let me know what you build. It is a slow build. It's on the music blog page, so go and you check that out please. Last night in the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers.
Speaker 3: Got by the Bucks, the thunder Blood the Grizzlies, and the Lakers beat the Timberwolves.
Speaker 1: Tonight the only game that matters.
Speaker 2: All right, This is the song we want to hear. Oh, that's marky Mark. Yeah, it is Mark Wahlberg singing.
Speaker 3: Only game that matters is Game two between the Rockets and Warriors.
Speaker 1: Maybe not a must win, but it's a can't lose game.
Speaker 2: I like that for the Rocket they're down one.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're three and a half point favorites coming into tonight's game tip offs at eight thirty. You can listen to the game on our sister station, news Radio seven forty KTRH.
Speaker 1: Let's go Rockets. It's been so long since we played this. If the Rockets stumping in the playoffs in forever four years? Yeah, yeah, like the didn't rebuild. So this song, this song came from the movie rock Star starring Mark Wahlberg. No, it's not him singing, but I gotta give Mark Wahlberg credit. It's one of the best lip syncing jobs ever in a movie. A movie's really gaming. Yeah, the movie's good, and he's really convincing that he because we know he can't sing like this, No he can't, but he pulls it up pretty well in the movie. Now there's another song here that I like. Yeah, all right, Astro's.
Speaker 2: Got another win.
Speaker 1: Last night they beat the Blue Jays five to one.
Speaker 3: They've now won four of their last five in their back above five hundred on the season. They'll wrap up their series with the Blue Jays tonight. Ryan Gusto is gonna be on the map for the Stros going up against Toronto's vote in Francis. First pitch is at six forty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football, the NFL Draft starts tomorrow in Green Bay. Texans have the twenty fifth overall pick in the first round. I would imagine they'll take an offensive lineman with that. You can go check out all your mock drafts today to prep up four Draft Day.
Speaker 1: It's going down tomorrow. That's what's happening in his Sports.
Speaker 10: Houston Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: That's us, come on ninety four five, the buzz linkin Park, paper Cut Happy Administrative Professionals Day.
Speaker 2: Great at song for them.
Speaker 1: We play that song one more time. We could throw that in for the UH. I guess this used to be Secretary's Day. I've been around long enough that it used to be called Secretary's Day, and then now administrate a professional's day out. They go, yeah, why not, Let's just get it on real quick, just so we could give them their day.
Speaker 2: Here all the office.
Speaker 8: Are celebrating. You can't thank you en for your contribution. We rely on you keep my organs and a thousand other things. Here's your present day. Just don't come and ask for.
Speaker 2: Don't ask for a race today. That's the message that I heard there.
Speaker 1: All right, enjoy your day.
Speaker 2: Why did you bring up Steve Irwin?
Speaker 1: I know Steve Irwin, we got to drop in there for the torture ten. But I brought up Robert Irwin because he he was trending today because and I was like, I don't know why is an Irwin twinding? But he was trending because Dancing with the Stars. He's a competitor on this upcoming season.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ashley with an I set with some pictures.
Speaker 1: The kid is jacked. She said, he's very underwear. I have a outnumbered by kangaroos there.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta be fighting ruse all the time.
Speaker 1: So then I said on the air, I don't think I said anything wrong. I just said, didn't We used to post pictures of like a hot cousin or like the it was Steve Irwin's hot niece. That's how we used to kind of sell it. And she was getting a ton of hits on the website and stuff. So I'm just going about my day and I look at my phone and it's Tessa. Oh really, and she's like, it was their dumb ass hot niece, and she got more cliques than me on my first day, or more clicks than my blog page. Like, okay, I've got no talent. I'm just related to a lovely family. Cool, thank you. That came out of nowhere. Okay. I didn't text it with Tessa. In a little bit, I'm like, did I say something on the air? What? Right? Sometimes something will be said on the air, by the time it gets to that person, it's been twisted and turned six hundred times, and I'm like, what what possibly was said? That she's doing this? It sounds like she's ripping into me. She's not, she said her. She said that on that day it was like her one of her first days on the air, that this, uh, Steve Irwin's hot niece got more clicks than Testa still blogging. We don't even know her name, got more blog hits than her. So apparently Tessa was listening this morning and that's not a good memory for her, so she doesn't she's not a fan of the Irwin niece.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, and I respect that she holds a grudge like that. As that person, it also holds grudges. I like when other people hold gudges. I saw Tessa on Sunday at game one of Rockets.
Speaker 2: Rockets.
Speaker 1: Ways, oh, that's awesome. Apparently we were jinxes. Well, apparently she was listening to the show this morning and heard a moment that she said she does listen, just gets the listen from bed. Now, okay, all right, well, great, all right, well, good morning to Tessa. Just laying there in bed right now.
Speaker 2: I have you miss you?
Speaker 1: Just laying there, Cucumbers on her eyes. Oh yeah, right yeah, Travis, Oh yeah, he's peeling her great starting made her coffee. Probably in there cooking, cooking breakfast right now, fresh squeezing some oranges. But he had to go find the oranges first. You only want some fresh picks, yeah yeah, yeah, and rolling the dough for fresh croissants, not the Pillsbury ones that you like.
Speaker 2: You know, you just pop the tube.
Speaker 1: It's got the crock pop getting ready for dinner tonight. All right, all right, Missy Tessa. John mulaney announced yesterday he was a writer for Saturday Night Live for a long time. Yes, and then he just became this. He's a really smart, very clever writer.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's popped up.
Speaker 1: On all these things. He's he's around, he's all. He's got a great stand up career. Now. I don't know where this information is here. It is John Mulaney his Mister Whatever tour November eighth. I think he's hosted SNL now five times since being a writer, four or five. Yeah, and uh he makes it very in New York when he does yeah, yeah, yeah, and no, he had you Can Travel Well. He had an appearance on The Bear a couple of times. Yeah, seven fishes. He's like one of the cousins. Yeah, he was on like one of the big, big episodes of The Bear. So John Mulaney's one of the funniest guys out there. His tour will be here November eighth, Smart Financial Center, Red Sugarland tickets will go on sale this Friday at ten Live Nation dot com. I have a pair of tickets before they go on sale to call her number ten right now seven one three two one two five nine four five. So chill is just hanging out, so he's ready to give away these tickets Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 10: Sternatives, and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 1: Let me go over to the phonees here, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Good morning, Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Well, these phones today it's I don't even think it's you, dude.
Speaker 2: I think it's us.
Speaker 1: I think we just think.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? I can't. I can't with these phones today, I can hear you totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it's not on your in body, it's not. I'm just okay, dude, your caller number ten. Congratulations, I'm going to give you the John Mulaney tickets. All right. It's like doing a radio show with both arms tied behind your back, not one two, and you're getting punched in the balls at the same time. I think this is your name, Robert, bigger than Google. iHeartRadio. We're big, We're huge. It's it's it's they tell us NonStop how huge this company is, and they can't get phones to work.
Speaker 2: Alright, Chillie, that's our winner right there.
Speaker 1: He sounded awesome.
Speaker 2: Good thing we got rid of the traditional phone lines.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, have mercy.
Speaker 2: On Deo Smeal.
Speaker 1: Online, Kid's Alix online.
Speaker 2: What you got over there?
Speaker 3: All right, well just let's off you calm down. Maybe all right, this is like one of those I spy books. But people just found a bunch of camouflage stuff in nature. Like somebody dropped a gray their kid dropped a gray lego piece on a bunch of rocks, and they are also gray.
Speaker 1: So your job is the spot where the gray lego pieces somebody spill.
Speaker 3: Or somebody dropped a needle on a black rug and you're trying to find a black needle. There's a hidden rubber duck with a bunch of bananas, all of them are yellow, and you gotta go find those. Just a bunch of camouflage stuff all right in nature. Go find it at the World Pinch rod Ryan showpage at the bus dot com. I'm gonna do that instead of answering phone call today.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show, Come ninety four, five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Believe it or not, we haven't given away everything that we have to give away yet. Today one hundred dollars CCS Pizza gift card. I have that for you coming up on Know the Show, so make sure you stick around for that. Chili's been bouncing around all the different prizes, and of course we had those Rockets tickets land, so we gave those away for the big game two tonight go Rockets going up against the Golden State Warriors. It's a game that we just do.
Speaker 2: Not want to lose. Can't lose, can't lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, all right, all right, But the three eleven tickets, we gave those away in homeroom. We have two more Thursday and Friday giveaways three eleven. Meet the band seven point three Music Hall on May ninth, and then one of you gets qualified for the grand prize to go up into some box seats. So still two more opportunities. Chili will move those around though, okay, in the different hours of the show.
Speaker 2: All Right, I get it. It's only April.
Speaker 1: Not everyone has their travel plans figured out yet for summer vacation, if and when they plan on traveling for summer. But people have chimed in already. I'll tell you what I did. Make the decision to not do. I was going to go through and look at every single thing I spent. I've had a few parents ask me, like, Ron, what's it looking like these days for Disney and all that? And I was going to help them out. And I just got back to them and I said, I'm choosing not to go through and see what I spent. I don't want to know. I don't want to know how much it was. It was a million dollars, I mean Disney Universal Studios.
Speaker 2: Like I was going to go in.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big budgeter guy like that either, but I was going to go in and look to see, Okay, everything I spent, what did death thing cost me? I decided I don't want to know. I don't want to know. I can tell you we're not doing that again this summer, though, Okay, most people don't every summer. Oh god, Only forty six percent of Americans say right as of now they plan on to travel for this summer vacation. Why because they're choosing to eat eggs instead, Right. I just think we're all poor.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it is.
Speaker 1: So a quarter of people out there right now say they're not taking a trip because they're just not interested in traveling right now. There's a chunk of people, about sixteen percent say they're not able to get time off of work. There's just people that don't want to travel. What I don't understand is people that say travel is a hassle. It is a hassle, dude. It's the worst part of any vacation is the travel part, which sucks, but which makes you kind of not even want to go. Don't you think the juice is worth the squeeze? No, then you haven't been to the right places. I've been to Jamaica. It's all I need to go the juice in Mexico like twice. The juice is worth the squeeze.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Agree, I live in the greatest country in the world.
Speaker 2: Why would not leave.
Speaker 1: I didn't say you to leave the country. May it seems like it. I didn't say it.
Speaker 2: I want to go.
Speaker 1: I live in a great state in the world. While I want to leave, I didn't say you got to leave the state.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna flying there.
Speaker 1: Get out there a little bit on drive Galveston's School, they're there. Yeah, people say sixteen percent of people right off the top, Nope, travel is a hassle. Yeah, a kids, I don't subscribe to that. It is a hassle, but it's worth it. The biggest house, it's worth it to me.
Speaker 2: To me, it's.
Speaker 1: Absolutely worth it. And there's a good chunk of people the same amount. Fifteen percent say they're not taking a trip because they're worried about air travel safety. There is a lot of stuff in the news lately. I guess, yeah, the planes, and I'm like, I don't even think like that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I just hope I could get it on a lawsuit at least and then like be rich because of it. Because that's the problem about why I don't travel, is like I'd be stressed out about traveling all the time.
Speaker 1: They'd come back and I broke because they just traveled. Yeah, there's your number. Forty six percent of Americans as of right now, I'm planning to travel somewhere for vacation. That's a low, low number. Less than half the people are traveling for summer vacation.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the club.
Speaker 1: Gang. We never went anywhere when we were kids. Now that I'm an adult, like I want to go places. Yeah, just we never went anywhere. Did you guys go on a lot of trips when you were young.
Speaker 3: We would go I lived in Atlanta growing up, and then we would go visit my grandparents in Maryland and come down here and visit grandparents in Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was a lot of seeing my parents' parents, which was cool. We did go on a vacations and stuff occasionally, but a lot of it was going to visit family.
Speaker 1: Old Patrick. Ryan loaded up the family truckster and took us to Toronto twice. We went on two vacations. That's why I loved Canadas my whole life. As a family, we went on two vacations. We drove an hour and twenty minutes away to Toronto and stayed in a hotel for a weekend. That was our vac That was it. At one point when we were kids, we found in the living room, like in one of those little drawers, like one you know, these little end tables everywhere, we found some sort of a brochure for Florida. And I can tell they were trying to hide it. We took it out, my sister and I we took it out and we set it on the table, just waiting for them to say, oh, we're busted, and I thought maybe like they were planning a trip and we thought they were going to tell.
Speaker 2: Us about it. That flyer went away. It was never talked about it.
Speaker 1: They looked at it too expensive. We're not happying at some point. At some point my parents at least discussed about taking.
Speaker 2: Us to Florida, but just the flyer disappeared. It was never brought up.
Speaker 1: Never. I want to go on vacations now that I'm older than I can. We just never went anywhere.
Speaker 2: One day, I'll be able to one of these days. Well, you got a kid on the way. It's tough. Yeah, she can fly down.
Speaker 1: Before the kid wasn't really able to go on vacation. Yeah, hey helped me out. You're gonna get some time off this summer, buddy, to be at home watch the kid. That's what I'll be doing. You do a lot of camping. I don't really know. I go like you're a low key camper that doesn't like to talk about it.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I am.
Speaker 1: Going camping at the Sugarland Skeeters or sugar Land Space Cowboys Stadium for it's a Scouts thing with my niece. Dude, I feel like you go camping several times a year. Yeah, I have a group of friends. We go once a year. It's like a birthday camp out for one of my buddies. Okay, high school. It's real camping. Wiping your ass with leaves, not wiping my ass with It's almost it's like one step above wiping your.
Speaker 3: Ass with a marina because I don't have an athlete at that point. And then we had like a I did a birthday weekend just because.
Speaker 1: It was on a Saturday. Camping, but that was at it was at like my like a like a family like land camping. Nobody camp There were no tents, seems campush there was. There was two houses. I think you're a camper. You don't mean we can go fishing.
Speaker 2: We shot some guns.
Speaker 1: Why are you a shame being a camper. I'm just not a camper.
Speaker 3: Like if you're like al, set up this tent, I'd like I know how to set up the Coleman one that I have, and that is it because I can scan the QR code and follow time.
Speaker 1: T have a you have a sleeping bag.
Speaker 2: I have two sleeping bags, so I had it.
Speaker 1: I took my wife camping a flashlight that's a regular thing, lash light, yes or no? You also have a flash the flashlight. Everybody has a flash light, yes or no?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have a flash.
Speaker 1: You're a camper, not a camping flash light, having tomahawk, you're camper? Say camp.
Speaker 3: Oh I will have camp three times this year. But that doesn't make me a camper. It's not like a hobby of mine. It's just things I do. My friends like camping. I go, I like my friends.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to camper shame you on this show. You're camper shaming me right now. You I feel so commised. I won't, dude, I want to hear stories about you wiping your ass with a banana leaf. The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four, five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show nine thirty eight scattered thunderstorms as throughout the day. Yeah, I had enough talking about that wild cart. Wednesday wasn't number one link. I think you're right. The milf Monday went private. She saw all the new uh milkshakes in the yard or new people in the yard for her milkshake. I don't know how to word that, but she got a lot of new followers and she must have decided somehow I can monetize this.
Speaker 2: She went private. I don't understand it either, but it's like no, no, no, no no no. I want you to make.
Speaker 1: I want you to make because that forces you to follow her if you like what you see. Look, yeah, I can't see her stuff anymore, so it forces you to follow her, so that increases her follows. She just saw that. She had a huge influx of people coming in, like what's going on in Houston? Why am I? Her numbers have been huge because it got picked up the Milk Monday. It got picked up by other websites, and I want you to get the milk for free. I guess, so yeah, yeah, yeah, that's happened. Before calling her cow, I respect her. The number two link today is Milk Monday and you can't see anything.
Speaker 2: I clicked at it and I'm like, where did all these pictures go? She went private?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. I'm not gonna tell an influencer. They know what they're doing, like this person. Now, listen. I know everyone's crazy about protein these days, which is better than everyone being crazy about chocolate cake. But food social media, it's just there's non stop tips and tricks. What I have on the food blog page today is people are snacking on wedges of parmesan cheese.
Speaker 9: And like.
Speaker 1: Parmesan rogappol piece of parmesaniannio parmesan, like you know parmesan cheese, like like a wedge of it. Right. Yeah, it's it's a high protein cheese. And there's there's women sitting in their cars unwrapping a full wedge of parmesan and it's like, I'm over these protein bars. I'm switching the full blocks of parmesan cheese. I'm here for it, and she just bites into the block. It's like it's like cheese porn. I love it. You're buy the little like triangle of cheese on a great some because you're gonna use it to cook with something. And then because I have a little bit left, I'm like I'm not gonna like do you have the olive garden wheel? I don't. I just use the grater, just the handgrader. Dude, get the wheel. It's a game changer. It's like ten bucks on Amazon. Yeah, yes, where you drop it in and then there's like a little press and it presses against the wheel of grating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Then you don't get the cool little leftover that you just use it a pop in your mouth and that cool you do.
Speaker 1: There's always like a little piece that doesn't quite great and you put it in their boom. Sometimes it's that like whatever's on that we right now. Parmersan is a solid protein choice, not great for binge snacking, higher fats, higher sodium. Said, it's a doctor. And then the other thing that I saw life.
Speaker 2: I won't.
Speaker 1: I'm telling I'm letting you know that people are eating wedges of parmesan cheese, O car Kings and queens. All right, that's that's on the food blog page today. I got a one hundred I got a one hundred dollars pizza gift card for you coming up on the show, Alex, you should start working on some sort of a question.
Speaker 2: All right, we can do.
Speaker 1: That'll be on the flip of this break.
Speaker 10: Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five, the bus Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: You know what time it is an the showtime? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, you know you better be ready. I know one pizza gift cards CCS tops in Bacon Pizza is back for a limited time with its cheese sauce based top with crispy tots and tasty bacon. Find it there on the buffet at your local c CS, or order online at CCS dot com. One hundred dollars to spend at CC's what's your question? Who do we talk about today? Who's I guess cousin?
Speaker 3: We don't like that we found out is going to be on the next season of Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: The answer to your question is going to be the person that's on Dancing with the Star person on Dancing Stars. We don't like his cousin.
Speaker 2: We don't like his cousin.
Speaker 1: I love his cousin. Testa doesn't like HERDA doesn't like his cousin. I miss her cousin. I can't find her. She's off with social media. His father is famous. Okay seven one three, two one two five nine four five, Never miss a minute. Ninety four five. The buzz is with you in your pocket.
Speaker 7: Tell your smart device to blame ninety four five The buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: La La la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: All right, good morning, rod Ryan Show. Let's see if these phones are working.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, who's your Who's this Christina?
Speaker 1: Christina?
Speaker 2: You sound great?
Speaker 1: You sounds wonderful today on the show.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna walk you.
Speaker 1: Through this because I thought the way that this question was a little confusing. Go ahead, out, okay, ask your question because it's it's for a great prize, and Christina sounds great.
Speaker 3: Let's take care of her. Who did we talk about today? That is going to be on the next season of Dancing with the Stars. We also mentioned that a former cast member the Rod Ryan Show hates his cousin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Tessa hates his cousin, Robert Irwin. We call it Robert Erwin nailed it?
Speaker 1: Is that Steve Irwin's son. Yes, yeah, I don't know. For some reason, Ashley with and I thought she needed to send me a picture of that kid in his panties. Okay, I saw that today. I also have on LinkedIn guests today and talk about this, Christina. I don't know if you looked at our website, but I have Walton Goggin in a banana bender. Did you see his latest photograph? I did not see that. I know you're I know Alex is a big fan of Walton Goggins. He just came off of a white lotus. Yeah, he was great and white lotus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you want to see him at a banana hammock, I got that on links and guests his best. How about checking out a one hundred dollars's pizza gift card?
Speaker 2: You want that?
Speaker 1: That is awesome.
Speaker 2: I got three sons.
Speaker 1: They stay hungry.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, you met him at Massa Jim's last year.
Speaker 6: There were the ones with the long hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, well listen, you got a lot of people to feed.
Speaker 1: Your guys are gonna feast like Kings and Queen's over there. All right, Yeah, all right, Christina, thank you for being on the show today. Have a great day, all right, stay dry, thank you. Nasty outside all right, scattered thunderstorms throughout the day.
Speaker 2: All right, take care of Christina.
Speaker 1: Uh, Cody has already done. Yeah, Cody was a one pump chump this morning. I'm talking about the fresh out of head head too head challenge. I tried to motivate him struts, dirty honey, tickets and hello Jerry came in and just won the tickets. He's a three time Hall of Fame. Yeah, he's a crow. All right, he knows what he's doing. Hello, Jerry will be on with us in homeroom tomorrow. You should call in and play, you guys, I mean, provided our phone's work. Fresh out of bed head too head challenge more three eleven tickets and opportunities to meet the guys in the band. We will do that tomorrow. Uh, there's chili right there, chilly.
Speaker 2: Chilly, chilly.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you uh did we have anybody apply to Oh? Yeah, yeah, people still want to do this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well this person round here. I decided to shake it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, god, what does that mean? Who's kids coming in here to play?
Speaker 2: I mean no.
Speaker 1: Mother, John's niece.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, always submised every single week. Inconsistency is week one, okay? And I said, you know what let means to shake stuff up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: A gravy ganger, Mikey P is coming to play.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: Their tribal chief, Alex P. Middleton.
Speaker 1: He's gonna play. Alex is playing tomorrow. Yeah, against the gravy ganger. You think he's just gonna lay down and die.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing they asked.
Speaker 1: Nike P's a killer Okay, read my lips. It's gonna be great tomorrow. We'll play that game at around eight twenty Mikey P and Alex P. I love that. Okay, I love that also, can I can?
Speaker 3: I mentioned if you don't have your weekend plans or if you do have your we can plans charge him. Saturday at Cactus Cove, the Twins, me and Chili are going to be hanging out for their sixth annual Crawfish Cookoff. You can come hang out, You buy the wristbands, you get to try ten of the teams out there. We're gonna be hanging out all day, have some drinks. It's gonna be tented off. If we got any bad weather to be fine, but we're gonna have ourselves a little party on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh you'd like to hang out with all of you? Okay, that's awesome. Dylan Is said he's going to be their Saturday at Cactus Cove. Cactus Cuse Houston dot com for more information. He said, fifteen of Houston's top teams, and I'm in search of teammates, So Dylan needs three more teammates for US oh for his team. He sent me an email he said listen. Your team gets the wristbands, you get the Triver Wins food team, drinks, food specials. I just need bodies, Sir Rod, do you believe in radio miracles? That Chile and Alex? Can you help fill my crawfish cooking team? So if somebody wants to join his team, you can email me.
Speaker 2: I'll do that. But join you guys there on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be a lot of fun guys. All right, Gunner knows how to throw a party. Gunner always does the best parties. Also, a new episode of past Gravy Out today. Oh, that's out.
Speaker 2: That's tonight.
Speaker 1: You're gonna record it today. Gravy Day.
Speaker 2: Very good. All right, it is Gravy Day today.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, have an awesome Wednesday. We'll come back. We'll do it even better Tomorrow. We're on a twenty hour break. Look at all the great things that are gonna be happening. Meeting three eleven, Alex P, Mikey P a game for the Airas I'm reading my lips. Tomorrow at eight twenty, I got Jeremy up next.
Speaker 2: He's got pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: He's got the NonStop nooner, the Dude Parties, He's got alternative income coming. You're way in about ten minutes from now, a chance to win a thousand dollars. I wouldn't go anywhere. I wouldn't go anywhere. Have an awesome day, everybody, AMF sid Well? Isn't that fun?
Speaker 7: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.