Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters, his name is a rempco rink, and we have a new w s P Main event champion.
Speaker 2: Sir Jude ju Jew.
Speaker 1: Is it? Uh? I gotta ask you you're there at least on this show, because there's two of us, you're the expert on this. Is that the best us A chant you've heard at the main event final table?
Speaker 2: I know you hate the us A USA.
Speaker 3: I think I think as far as chance go, if you're part of an American rail and you come up with anything other than us A, you've gotta you gotta like gold medal.
Speaker 2: In my book.
Speaker 1: Well, the juke Ju Juke Molan was very very good. Luky Poky was also very good. They were chanting, uh, Spokane Red Cross because of the wildfires that are going on in Spokane, Washington, where he's from at one point too, so a nod to the people there. Hope everyone is safe.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, the vibes today incredible, were absolutely incredible. I will say that, you know, recency bias and all taken into consideration, this was one of the most electric final tables that I can remember, especially with the way it all played out. And we'll get into the hands later on. But after a slow start on day one of the final tables, Days two and three were simply must watch TV. And I think that poker really delivered for itself.
Speaker 1: After day one. And it obviously, you know, we know and the listeners know that things can change in one hand, and you know it can be an entire different dynamic of viewing experience, etc. But I'd be lying if I said, you know, I don't know about this final table coming out of day one. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, you know, but I was just trying to think bigger picture, how's this going to play to the mass? And I was a little bit worried, right but Day two did the most abrupt one eighty in the most perfect sense that it could ever have done. Honestly, I maybe I need to get more in the back room or something and be like, did you tell them to script this? What the hell is going on? Because Day two was electric and then day three here we talked about it on the last episode. These guys do not play small pots. They don't want to do that. And the first couple hands seemed tame for their standards. Then all of a sudden, we look over, there's forty million in the pot. There's a hand with sixty million in the pot, And it was like, here we go between Lori Sascolotti and Lucas Jumalan. Jumalan coming out on top winning ten million dollars, Sascolotti taking home six million dollars. I gotta say, I know Jumalan won the tournament. Sascolotti needs to hold his head high. He put on a freaking show. He showed out. He's got six million dollars in the bank. Now, I hope we see a lot more of this guy too.
Speaker 3: I think that we have some specific hands to get into. But I just want to mention, you know, obviously coming off of the Miss Rocky year and him given the shuffle up and deal, the Miss Rocky final table was such a steam roll and ending in seventy nine hands that in hindsight, he like want it too fast and too quickly for us to really fully digest how incredible his run was.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember what happened, no.
Speaker 3: Because it was like every single day was like, oh, they played for fifteen minutes, they played for thirty minutes, and they played for an hour and it was over and Miss Rocky won every hand. So the star power that we had last year with Leo Marguetz, Adam Hendrix, Kenny Hollard and Michael Miss Rocky was you know, like leaps and bounds ahead of this current lineup. But this current lineup on days two and three delivered in a way that it created attention electricity that really made it unforgettable. And that is not something I thought that I would say coming into the Final Table. And I think that Jumalan in particular really showed up and delivered in the way that we were hoping for, not only through his play but also through his personality, through sort of the soft nature of the way that he spoke the segments that were on the broadcast. Shout out to AMA Production, Shout out at ESPN for doing what they did. And I think this thing was the whole package, and I think that it's a Final Table that I won't forget very quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a lot of fun. The final day, the day three of three for the Final Table itself, was a bit hectic being here, so I am excited to go watch the full broadcast because we were running out to the floor quite a bit. They played sixteen or seventeen hands on this final day. There's a lot of big ones to get into. And just to set the stage for this, first hand that I want to hit on was Jumalan comes out of the gate. They start play today. It's three hundred and twenty eight million for Jumalan, it's two hundred and twenty five million for Sascolotti, so about one point five to one right thereabouts, but very deep seventy five big lines effective for Sascolotti's stack, and right out of the gate, Jumalan starts his building and it wasn't really anything big for the first couple hands. It was just, you know, a couple million here, a couple million there, and he's stretching it out, stretching it out, stretching it out. But then hand number one sixty two, Sascolotti runs a big bluff with the Queen nine. Jumalan picks him off with what was ultimately two pair ace ten to seven King Ace. Jumalan had ten to five called a big bet on the end, Sascolotti, I mean, this is kind of this guy's mo like he's gonna swing for the fences. But you know, we saw it when he eliminated Greg Muller for example, he can swing for the fences when he has a value hand.
Speaker 2: He's he's a.
Speaker 1: Very polar type of player. That's his style, and he went for it here. Jumalan was strong to the test and ended up picking it off.
Speaker 3: And also let's point out here two Jumalan called almost instantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was a quick call.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 1: I think it was a bad River card when the River pairs like this. Also, you know, it might be one of those things where it's it's the prep work right right, you probably Jumalan specifically. I don't know about Sascolatti, and I'm sure he did his own review maybe heck, maybe he didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But Jumalan, like there was stuff on social media. You saw multiple photos. He's working with pads every single night, Like even today before the final table. There was a photo that I saw and it was today because Jumalan was wearing the same thing that he was wearing today when he showed up, Like they're in a hotel room somewhere, chips around the table, grinding out hands. I talked to one of his railbirds afterwards. He said that they went through they were going through all the footage every single night, a group of them, and then sending them all the notes, so handnotes, possible physical tel notes, bet sizing notes, all that sort of stuff. So Jumalan is just ingesting, ingesting, ingesting, So maybe there's something there that he was like, you know what, this guy's going to go for it. And I would say that personally if I was coming into this match and I was Jumalan, I would say, this guy's probably gonna go for it early, and I have to be prepared to click call. That's just again, that's Sascolotti's style, right, and he went for it. Here he gets picked off. It's four hundred and eighteen million, then for Jumalan, it's one hundred and thirty five million for Sascolatti, and we're starting to think, okay, like this might be over quicker than we expected. But then we get a big all in a few hands later when it's Sascolotti has the best of it with the ACE ten versus the ACE nine for Jumalan. Sascolotti like, I don't know if you saw the did you see the broadcast of this hand, Yes, I did. When he kind of turned to his rail, and I think he said something in finish almost like but it.
Speaker 3: Was kind of like two words and I, you know, I'm just going to go assume here, but I think he said something along the lines of like I think this is it, like yeah, you know, like I'm gonna call a call, like something along those lines. And I think on the broadcast they even refer to it as like, you know, he's letting the real know that this is gonna this is gonna happen, and uh yeah, I think his exact words were I think it's time to double up. And then he went for it and this showdown. You know, we were standing there, you know, a few feet away from the table. We were telling each other like this is perfect for TV. The way this this this ran out, and you know, shout out to Mories Candani, who's who basically, you know, called the turn card, because that's what you do. You know, when you're making a TV show and you're on the rail, you call for the perfect card, and in this case, the nine and diamonds on the Turn was the perfect card, giving Jumalan the lead put putting him one card away from the wind, but also then opening the door to a flush for Sus Suscalati and that came in on the river and the the celebration of the Finn was reminiscent of when he cracked aces last night. Yes, and it sort of showed me that sort of spirit that I think was sort of really carrying him, and I I had the feeling at that point like, oh man, here comes Ascalotta. Now he is so fired up, he's gonna do something good. And you had in this hand. When that nine hit the turn, Jumalan didn't celebrate, but he was up against his rail. I think big Red Hayden hedlind With had his arms around him. The rail exploded, absolutely freaking exploded. Of course they're happy for their guy.
Speaker 1: He's still in the moment, he still knows he's got a fade of ten, he's got a fade a queen, he's got a fade diamond. And then I think that their celebration probably gave a little bit extra for Sasclotti to celebrate, because he celebrated kind of two different ways. One he did the little kind of gunpoint thing, fist pump thing to his rail, but then he turned around and did it to them.
Speaker 2: It was like eye content.
Speaker 1: It was like I'm he looked right at them like like I'm still here, you know, like I'm still here. Don't forget about me, And they were almost dead. Even after this, it was Jumalan still had the lead two hundred and eighty seven million, but now Sasclotti up to two hundred and sixty six, and I'm just like, oh shit, well you we got a ball game.
Speaker 3: Well, the beauty of this moment was as we're as you and I obviously have our badge privileges, so we're we're as close to the action as you can get without being at the table, which is obviously something that I still I still very much understand that it's a privilege to be in that position. But one of the things that you and I immediately said after this hand happened was it won't be long before they play on our big pot. Of course, because both of both of these guys have a let foot, and that was evident by the very next hands, literally the very next hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hand number one sixty six of the final table was that double up that I just went through hand number one sixty seven. We get another banger and this is this is this hand was awesome. It wasn't a big like all in and calm, pre flopped clash type of moment. There was multiple streets of betting. I mean, you had to wake up the photographers.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: It's one of those hands where it's it's playing out and you and I are still out there, of course because of what happened. And flanking the stage there's two giant monitors and you can see what's going on, and we can see them putting in big bets and we're like, oh, this is a big bet. And at one point I was like, I said to you something about the turn bet size and you're like, oh, it's an over bet, and I was like, oh, it is an over bet. And then that's when I was like, I gotta go get them, because this is one of those spots where it's quiet and it doesn't have the big loud roars and the sweating and all of that, but you can maybe you're not looking at the TV screen because you're buried in some work or whatever. The hand is. Jumalan raises, Min raises the button with Queen five. Queen of Spades need to point out, I's got Queen five off. Sasclotti calls with jack three of diamonds. It comes Ace King four two spades, Ace King of spades. Check from Sasclotti. Bet of four million and a call. Turn is the Jack of spades. We get a check from Sasclotti. We get a bet of forty million, which is two x pot on the turn from Jumalan. Not the first time he over bet today, not the first time he overbet at the final table, but over bet here two xpot. Sascalotti takes a bit, calls River is the six of spades, so it runs out four spades check. Jumalan takes a bit of time, and you and I are kind of talking to each other on the side, and I was like, I don't know if he's gonna bet, but he wants to bet, wants to go for it here.
Speaker 3: And the thing too that I completely misread in hindsight seeing the cards was the fact that when Jumalan bet one hundred and eighty million, which once again was an over bet, my first thought was, Sascalotti is very strong here, but he has no spades. That was my read on the situation, just because of the way that he was tanking and the way that he was sort of trying to almost talk himself into making the call because he knew that Jumalan would have lots of bluffs there too. And then when I saw it on the broadcast, my jaw dropped because his hand was so much weaker than I anticipated. But Donnie, you you saw the tweet from Scott's Sever, the almost Hall of Famer Scott's Sever where he basically should be should hall of famer, there will be Hall of Famer Scott Sever who put it in a in a very clever Scott sever type way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he said, I will just say about he said that final hand, but I think he meant that final hand that just played out. If the river isn't another spade, there's probably a different main event champion, and people call it the best call in main event history. Funny how poker can work like that. So let's all just remember that in this moment, there was one hundred million in the pot on the river. Jummelan doesn't say all in. He says one hundred and eighty million, okay, which if Sosclotti calls, he's left himself with a little bit over thirty million left, so not out, but he he tanks and tanks and tanks, and at one point he said what you said on Twitter, the most finished thing that you could say in the moment, which was to hero or not to hear it exactly exactly. I mean, he Soscallotti has been as cool as a cucumber the entire run. This was the moment where he was kind of like he was all over in his chair looking at Israel, kind of trying to say stuff to Jumalan, like it looked like he wanted to call, but it also was like you could tell he probably didn't have a spade, even if it was like, let's say the deuce of spade, just because he wanted to hero. And this goes back to the point I was making last last episode where he wants to do it in style. Oh yeah, like he he's like if I he's probably thinking, if I make this call on, I'm right, And this guy's just gets got five six hearts, like I'm a freaking genius, Like I'm the greatest player in the universe.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But the thing too that we can easily overlook is the fact that if if anyone in the history of of main event has up matches, has it in him to bluff that river in that way, it's probably Jumalan, like he has shown time and time again.
Speaker 1: Then it was power jam over bet he's got pads in his corner. I mean, I mean, I feel like he's waiting to pull out the power jam. At some pointlon So Sasclotti eventually calls Jumlan immediately he like he like looked at is rail before he was like turning his cards over at the same time when he looked at his rail and like said something which he did often throughout the finals, that where he's like, we got it, we got it, like and he tables the nuts and his rail goes crazy. That was an incredible moment, right because Sasclotti is now left with what was less than ten big blinds. He's got eight and a half big linds. Yeah, so and in that moment, it's like, man, like the kid's really gonna do it. You might have thought for a second coming off the hand number one sixty six when he drills the nine, but then the flush comes in for Sasclotti, they're just about even, like I I can just imagine how you're feeling. One you get it in behind, you're probably feeling like, whatever, Okay, I kind of screwed Maybe not that you screwed it up, but it's like, really, it's gonna come down because I'm gonna double them up, just good hand versus better hand. But then you hit that nine and you're like, oh my god, they're saving me. But then you get you get resucked out on it, and you're like, shit, god, damn it. So like but listen, he did keep his composure. He sat right back down. He was ready to play in the next hand. And yeah, it was just it wasn't many hands played today, but it was electric.
Speaker 3: You said they played sixteen hands. To me, it felt like they played like forty five hands true, like the over hands and stuff. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every hand was also intense. A lot was happening.
Speaker 3: And then, of course, uh, the very next hand after he lost a big pot, wins one with as King. And then we get to the final hand of the of the tournament, the final hand of the Worldstairs Pocal Main Events, where Juamlong goes all in on the button. Suscott makes the call from the big blind. We got a seven for the all in player versus King. Six, we got suits dominated by Suscalati. We got ace of spades, seven of diamonds, and then on the flop right away the six hits and the same way we saw in the previous all in no reaction from Djumalan, but his rail again going absolutely mental, and then the six on a turn to seal it and no river card needed, no, no river cart necessary, no ever, No one will ever remember what that river card was, because I it was. It was pandemonium. The four diamonds completed the board. We posted a video on the Poke Code Twitter page, also on our Instagram channel. Donnie, you were filming Susclotti. I was filming Jumalan to have sort of a side by side of the emotions of the moment, and it was just great to see how uh Susclotti's first thought was to go over to Jumalan congratulate him. They they had, they had a warm embrace and uh, you know Jimalan, of course, you know, full of emotion, tears streaming down his face, hugging Israel went over to Jumalan's rail as well, sorry to Susclati's rail as well, and shook hands with every single person on the rail. On on on his opponent's side, which is just a beautiful thing to see. And then later we saw uh Suscloti do the same thing, went over to Jumalan's dad to congratulate him, and yeah, this this just seems like one of those moments where these guys are forever linked in life through the shared experience of going heads up in the world for his book of main event to play for ten million dollars and Jumlan ultimately the one who comes out on top. Funny little side note, I think it almost broke his back as he was celebrated, going to choke him out or something. He was standing with his back towards the rail and when he won, they basically like pulled him towards the rail and by like his neck, his neck goes back and then you could see that he was visibly suffering. And then as they let go, he turned around and he had a giant like red mark on his back from the rail imprinted in his back, so a little tattoo to remember this moment. But just just the emotions, just everything about this moment, this this tournament, this event, like this stage, the lights, everything just you know, spectacular and yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: It was a crazy ending to a really really really fun doubissip main event, a fun final table. I know it did start slow, but I would much rather have it start slow than finish slow. And it finished going one hundred and eighty five miles an hour on day two of the final table and day three just absolutely out of control. I think Jumalan himself is going to be quite awesome for the game. I think the kid has his head on straight, which you know, I mean we were all young, right, I mean we're all old and withered now, but we were all twenty two once too, right. He seems like he's he's dialed into to do it the right way.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean I think he's going to like disappear from Poke Ride. I don't think he's going to do that at all. You know, I would expect him to be out there battling in something I'll say within two weeks for sure. Like, I just think he's that type of kid the studio is calling, baby, the studio is calling I mean masters. Well before that, I mean, isn't it kind of a tradition that you go to high stakes poker. We have that coming up in August.
Speaker 2: Please, you know, like bred Hanks get on the phone.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, we gotta, we gotta make it happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, both you and I have talked with Lucas.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can we can hit him up, Like, hey, buddy, you know this is the spot so it's only it's a hunter came in. You know you can you just one ten million?
Speaker 3: I mean come on, that's one hundred thousand might need from tax right off anyway, so like you have a chance to become friends with with with Andrew Robel probably you know that's worth it alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sit at the table, so spin it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I also don't think he's gonna he would ever show up to Hightakes Poker and just like laid his money on fire.
Speaker 3: Either, I mean, with with the confidence he has right now, he's coming in there to like take all the money.
Speaker 1: I would, for lack of a better term, press my luck. Because you're on this high the spotlight is one hundred percent on you, yep, like just take everything that comes your way. So yes, maybe that that involves taking a shot on a show like High Stakes Poker or playing some of the upcoming Poker Masters events. That are pretty big, super high rollable Triton stops whatever. But you know, strike while the iron is hot. You can always reduce your variants by selling action. I'm sure everyone left, right and center will be wanting to buy some action of the w CITB Main Event Champ. And I'm sure there's probably some offers out there too to you know, maybe get free hotel rooms, travel, rake reductions, whatever it is. Because you are the ws BE Main Event Champ, so you know, definitely go take advantage of those things if you can. And I honestly think that Lucas will. I think he We've talked about this already, but I think he wants the spotlight, so I'm happy to see that. And afterwards, it took a while, but I finally did get to talk to him, So we'll play that interview for you now. As expected, it's always hard right afterwards. I guess I just kind of want to tee this up because it does sound like he's at a loss of words or lack of words, which is understandable because when you're in such a big moment like this, on one side of things, it probably hasn't fully sunk in. I get it. On the other side of things, when you are rushing in a poker tournament and then all of a sudden that poker tournament is over. Oh yeah, you get an adrenaline dump like you have probably never experienced ever in your life. And it's like, honestly, it's like a come down from being on fucking Molly, is what it's like. Okay, And if you ever experienced that, you know exactly what I'm talking about. And you can't really formulate words and sentences and talk correctly. It's just that that's just how it is, because it just all dumps from your body because your body finally recognizes that it's over. Job's finished. So anyway, Lucas Jumalan here he is the w SP main event champ. All right, Lucas, it's the moments after. I mean, just just talk to me about what this means to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it just it means so much.
Speaker 5: And I really don't have don't have many words for you, because like I don't think it's like really set in yet, and it might not for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: But I'm just so thankful and so blessed.
Speaker 1: And I heard you were a guy who's big on visualized visualization. Is this what you visualize happening?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, like I told somebody on day one, I had five thousand chips at a five hundred big blind, so like ten bigs. I was like, I just like had this calmness and like like feeling that it's gonna be okay. Like and there was a couple of points in the tournament where like you know, under ten bigs, right at ten bigs, uh, you know, I just never gave up and just was there was like this feeling of peace and calmness, and and I think it's I think the visualization certainly is part of that.
Speaker 1: How are you able to stay so peaceful, so calm even though you're on your way to winning the main event of winning ten million dollars?
Speaker 5: You know, I see so many people like freak out and u and kind of blow up in these spots, But like I think I've always been I've just always been like this sounds a little bit cocky, but I'm not trying to come.
Speaker 1: Off like that.
Speaker 5: But it's always been like a little bit different. And I haven't felt the pressure, you know, Like I didn't feel the pressure like even heads up, like I slept pretty good, like like all the days, like you know, like I just I don't know. I can't really explain.
Speaker 1: It to you. Not even an ounce of pressure when he doubled up and then.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I mean you saw me sit right back down. I was ready to go back to work, like like there it was. It was nothing. It was nothing but a thing.
Speaker 4: And you know, like we're just ready to go back to work.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like that's how you've approached your whole career or is that something that was more unlocked during this run?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean it was something I learned over, like over the years and over the over the hardships and like over the struggles through tournament poker. You know, like you're just never you're never out of a tournament, and you gotta realize that you gotta value those chips, like like if you have life, you have life.
Speaker 4: And you can win the tournament.
Speaker 1: So talk to me about the support system, your family, your friends just here with you the whole way.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? I haven't had an answer for anybody on this question. I just like it.
Speaker 5: I'm just so blessed and so thankful to have everybody around and you know, I can't can't wait to take them out to a nice dinner and and have some fun.
Speaker 1: Being on this side of things. It seemed it felt refreshing to hear you constantly talk about how you want everything that comes with winning the main event. You know, you're ready to go on and not really end your story here, but start your story here. Like what does that will mean?
Speaker 4: The carrying the torch aspect.
Speaker 1: Of it all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think this is so important.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, like I really am ready to be like ambassador of the game, and you know, like give give some of the young kids hope that they can that they can come do this.
Speaker 4: I mean, like it's it's possible.
Speaker 5: With enough work and you gotta you gotta get a little bit battle tested, but you know it's possible.
Speaker 4: Like you really can't do anything this game.
Speaker 5: This game brings you so much, Like I'm so thankful for this game, so I would love to give back.
Speaker 1: When are we going to see you next?
Speaker 5: I haven't decided that yet, but it might not be as long as you guys might be thinking.
Speaker 1: So we'll see you, heard Lucas there he said, I'm going to be seeing you guys soon. Oh, like he's the kids ready. Honestly, if there was a dov SP tournaments, while he'd probably be in the damn thing.
Speaker 3: I think that him winning this isn't as much of a factor in.
Speaker 2: The way that I think this guy's alive.
Speaker 3: Like, I think that if he hadn't won the main and finished like third, fourth or fourth or fifth, he would have still been a lifer. Just his his energy, his attitude, his willingness, and his eagerness to be an ambassador of the game just shows to me that we're dealing with the with the special guy, and I think the poker can only be grateful when those characters roll around. And I just also want to emphasize the fact that when you win the main event, you don't have to be an ambassador. You don't have to, you know, preach, preach the good, good word of poker. But if you do, you know, more power to you because it is something that definitely benefits the game of poker. And Jumlan, you know, his has has the right personality and the right mentality. And yeah, speaking speaking of hearing and seeing him soon, he pressed me to be on the Faias podcast, so I told him we'll make it happen, we'll have you on. But now, of course we have got to have him on as soon as possible, and I can't wait to hear. I can't wait to hear the story from the moment that the broadcast ended until he hit his pillow tonight, and I think that's gonna be a pretty epic one.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited coming out of it to see where the kid goes. You know, I think we've seen some champions in past years where we've kind of known what's to come, Like I think with Dan Weinman, for example. You know, he was kind of already one foot out of poker anyway, so him winning allowed him to be a little bit way more out of poker, and now he only pops out here play the main couple other events, and that's that. Michael Mroky, you know, he's going to kind of always be around poker, you know. So I feel like we kind of know his story and the next chapters in it. Not to take anything away from those guys, I'm just you know, I'm just saying that I kind of knew where those stories would be headed. Where I don't know where Lucas Jumalan's story is going. I think it's going to be a story that has continued to fulfill poker and he's gonna be in the game, he's gonna be around, he's gonna be pla. I'm just excited to see that all play out right, And he's so young, he's got such a long career ahead of him, and now he's got freaking ten million dollars in the bank. And then overall, I think, really awesome finish to a really awesome events. I agree, I think it was. It was perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, credit to everyone involves, you know, from from like this, the stage builder's production crew, you know pokon News Live reporting for always keeping us dialed, the stories we read on you know, poker dot org. The amazing photography, once again, shouted Luther. Shoutout Antonio Charada, Enrique. I think that between everyone that shows up every single day for this event, I know that you know, we're collecting paychecks, but we're also here because we're passionate about the game. And you don't you don't you know, you don't work in this industry if you don't care about it, because it takes a special kind of person to to buy into the magic of what this is and what it represents for us. And at the end of the day, you know, we're we're talking about a silly card game, but there's so much more to it and it generates so much more in emotion with people that I feel forever fortunate that this is, you know, part of my life. And yeah, this was a good one.
Speaker 1: I know we have to be done with this for a while. But whenever these things end, and whenever the WSP Main Event comes to an end, and it's it's a bit more heightened given how epic the finish to this tournament was. I'm always just ready to start the next one because I want to see what the next year brings and if the momentum coming off of this right now can continue into next year. You know, we're going to have to wait eleven months or whatever it is for that to happen again. But I do hope that, you know, we can catch some of the lightning in a bottle that I think we caught with this WSP Main Event and we can just continue on through you know, the w he is back on ESPN, and ultimately we'll see where that heads. I guess it'll be a little bit worrisome if it doesn't get the legs that I'm hoping that it will, just because this was like, you could not have put out a better product, a better from an entertainment standpoint, that was seen. But end of the day, I think poker's healthy. I don't think poker's going anywhere. I think Lucas Jumlan is going to do a great job carrying the torch, you know, being that poker ambassador. Again, I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think the kid wants to smoke in that regard, So we'll see what he brings to the table. Whether or not he runs good or bad. I don't think it really matters, because when you win ten million dollars, you have enough money to just keep showing up every single day. And that's what I expect out of him, is to keep showing up and we'll see where it goes from here. But as I said, open invite on High Stakes Poker, buddy, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do we have coming up? When can we get back into studio?
Speaker 1: Pretty soon? At least I hope so pretty soon during August we'll be filming and live streaming the next season of High Stakes Poker. Then September rolls around. We're gonna be getting into the PGT coming back with pgg PLO series. We got Super High Roller will PLO we have Super High Roller Bowl. I mean, heck, maybe we'll see Lucas in those two tournaments. I don't know, you know, maybe maybe we'll see Lori Sasclotti in the PLoud Supermasters.
Speaker 3: Like Elis is working the phones right now, like he's like, you know, come to.
Speaker 2: My boat and we'll all go to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Let's go. So that's what's coming up for us. As always, it's been a pleasure. It's been I know you talked about how yesa, this is our job, but at the end of the day, I agree with you. You know, we are first and foremost just poker fans, you know, and and that's why we're doing this. So thanks for rocking with us all summer long. Thanks for rocking with us for these past few days. Don't forget to check out this guy remco ringking his new podcast or return to the podcast streets Face.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we get Lucas back on. He has expressed, Aso said that he wants to be on the show, So let's make it happen, and there's plenty of other good guests on the way. I got nothing else.
Speaker 3: I just want to say that people should, like, you know, do do the whole thing like and subscribe and make sure that they giving us, like your people here, give us reasons to continue the pod. You know, I've I've been I've been away from the pod scene for a while, but I definitely can say that the last few days being on the mic has been super fun. And yeah, I think there's there's definitely something there that I've I've joked for a very long time. You know, every everyone now has a podcast. But if if people at home feel like we we offer something more than just being one of the many options out there, then you know, we'd love to continue on a more regular basis. Face these is going to be there every week. That's the goal. And you know, I'll say it right here, just the corner corner myself and corner Lucas Jumalan. We'll have Jumalan on the show on Monday.
Speaker 1: Let's go, baby, Let's go. Congratulations to a Lucas Jumalan winner the twenty twenty six w Sepine Main Event taken home ten million dollars first place from a field of nine thousand, two hundred and eight entries, Lori Sascolatti second, and then Greg Mueller, Michael Gagliano, Hanfang, Rami Hamoud who Rami Hamud, by the way, showed up on the rail at the end to congratulate the players on their success, So shout out to him. Jamie Chavell, Mario bos and Iva Goros Iva Goru out of Cypress rounding out the final table. Great final table.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: If you guys missed it, go watch that damn thing. Until next time. He is Remkarankima. I am a Donni Peters and we will talk to you guys soon.
Speaker 4: Jennie ex