Speaker 1: God Well channeling his dinner clerk.
Speaker 2: Get down the guys makes the cat backhand sign justin off.
Speaker 3: That gold globe said. You want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 1: Want to take your shot.
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Ben, You're looking real hot.
Speaker 5: Come and get it.
Speaker 3: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 1: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 5: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Best?
Speaker 3: Overall? Best?
Speaker 4: Stan Klass Ladre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 1: Ring.
Speaker 6: You gotta do what I do if you want my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch. Tim kas Hi.
Speaker 5: Everybody, Welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. You're world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers twenty nine and eighteen on this season, hanging on to first place a top the NL West after taking two or three from the Athletics to start the homestead. The Dodgers, fresh off getting swept by the Anaheim Angels and now the homestand continues, was the first of three against the Arizona Diamondbacks. As the Dodgers will go with Jack Dryer for the opener, Land and Neck. We'll get a bullk of the Indians. First pitch on this Monday night from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten on Ven's Gully Bobblehead Night out at Dodgers Stadium coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna get the very latest from our Dodger insider David Vase. He'll go one on one with Dodger reliever Matt Sower, Righetti High School's own who's got himself a win and himself save already on the season for the Dodgers. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Kirsten Watson from sports Net LA stops by and at just a few minutes we hend out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Jose Motol. Yesterday at the Ravine, Tony Gonsolin had a couple of catman lives at it, and it started in the first when he gave up a solo home run to the very first batter, Zach netto a home run to Love center field, and just like that, the Angels were up one to nothing. And then the blood started flowing for the catman, who went to his second life in the game as the blister or cut cuticle, whatever it is on the thumb healed up, not before a bunch of blood on the side of his pants. But three batters later, Taylor Ward went deep. Just like that first half inning of the game, the Angels were on top of the Dodgers three to nothing. Travis Darnaut added an RBI single in the third, and the Dodgers were down four to nothing. You say Kukuchi was rolling for the first four plus sittings until the bottom of the fifth was showy Otani delivered with an RBI single that got the Dodgers on the board up four to one. In the seventh, Will Smith would tie it.
Speaker 7: Will Smith can tie the game with one swing. This ball is hitting the air to left fielding deep.
Speaker 1: This ball is good.
Speaker 3: Just like that, we are tied.
Speaker 8: Hey laser the left from Will Smith. A three run shot evens a scoreboard at four a piece.
Speaker 5: Will Smith deliverers with the three run home run and that is the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for last than Dodgers come all the way back and tie things up in the seventh inning. Angels Dodgers tied at four. That though quickly change in the top half of the eighth inning, Travis Darnault, oh.
Speaker 7: No bona frustrated after that call, soon on the three to one and Darnault hits it a mile in the air to left field. This ball breaks the tie halfway up the pavilion in the section to the right of the Dodger bullpen, and the tie didn't last very long. Travis Darnault's first of the year makes it five four Angels, Bankwood's.
Speaker 5: Own Travis dar and a couple of rveis yesterday. That one hurts a solo home run to the left and that gave the Angels at five to four lee the Dodgers couldn't recover. The Angels will attack on another at the top of the ninth and they go on and beat the Dodgers six to four. What really stings is the Dodgers got swept in all three games of this Freeway series, first time the Angels have swept the Dodgers since two ten yikes fifteen years ago. Now the Dodgers got to get back at it tonight to Oscar Hernandez's back. Dodgers are back, new looking lineup and a new team in town with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Jack Dryer gets the start first pitch to seven to ten on this Vin Scully Bobblehead night, and with more we head out to the Galpamotors broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson in Jose Modeguys.
Speaker 7: Thanks Tim, Well, the sun came up on this Monday. Despite the tough weekend for the Dodgers getting swept at home by the Angels, it has not been the greatest start to this homestand and part of another downward stretch.
Speaker 1: Jose.
Speaker 7: It's been a streaky season for the Dodgers and right now they're in a little bit of a swoon.
Speaker 1: How do they get out of it? Oh, they get out of the way.
Speaker 9: They have done it all throughout the season by finding what the next game is gonna bring. And I think the Dodgers have done a very good job just putting that last page over keep peeling those layers of the paint and see what's new. But I think what I look forward to this series is that first inning to be a shutdown inning and more chances where the offense.
Speaker 1: Do not have to play from behind right from the get go.
Speaker 7: It's an excellent point because in all three games against the Angels, the Halos put up runs in the first inning. They also scored runs in the ninth inning of all three of those games, and the pitching staff as a whole has been giving up more and more runs. It seems like the bullpen workload is finally catching up with this team and this staff.
Speaker 1: So you think about workload, right, you think about.
Speaker 9: Fatigue, location, there's a playerful of the things that affects that, including repetitions by the other teams, assist a little bit more of you, right, So they see you a little bit more, They see where your patterns are, they know where you like to stay in certain areas and in certain situations of the game, and then you become a little more predictable. So the less they see those guys in the bullpen way better for many reasons, including all those ones that I just pointed out.
Speaker 7: So now it's what's unfortunate is is the timing of this because the Dodger pitchers, yet again, they're not lining up and scheduling their injuries properly. Say they need to space these out a little bit more. But this is entering really the toughest stretch of the year. I would say these next four weeks, there won't be another four week chunk as difficult as this one will be for the Dodge.
Speaker 1: It's a challenge, and you got to go out there and face it up.
Speaker 9: You still were gonna have with a perfect healthy team, no matter what, you were gonna have to play good baseball. You're still gonna have that target on your back. And the moment is nobody feels sorry for you for the injuries. And last season the Dodgers had more people spending days in the aisle than anybody else and it was not an issue whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Now and it's concerning.
Speaker 9: Let's be realistic, because you just don't know how guys are going to react to all these challenges. Who's gonna be exposed a little bit more. The pitching obviously becomes number one issue right now, but hopefully we'll see is how about the starting pitchers make a turnaround here when they really needs it.
Speaker 7: It'll be Jack Dryer opening tonight in front of Landon Knack, who's expected to take down the bulk of the innings against Brandon Fott, the diamondback right hand or who really he gave up some loud contact against the Dodgers at Chase Field last week, but ultimately he didn't break. He bended, he bent, but he did not break. But to that point that we're talking about, tim, as we get it back to you, the Dodgers really just one game above five hundred this year when playing teams with the winning record. In the next twenty nine games as we sit here right now are against winning teams. So the Dodgers are hoping that one they can get healthy. Certainly they are from an offensive standpoint. Time we having back to Oscar Hernandez returns tonight. Now the pitching hopefully that follows here soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's hope there. Nelly appreciates we got you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on It's shake He's pizza parlor. What you waiting for? What are your shake?
Speaker 3: Pizza checking?
Speaker 5: Emojo's right now at shinkys dot com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on day. You're gonna hear from Dodger reliever Matt Sour. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We will check in with the Dodger insider David Vets. We break down this pitching match up. Your magical moment is coming up in less than thirty minutes. But up next to your Otani and rewy Am when we heard from Kirsten Watson from Sports Net LA. As we lead you up to first pitch on Vin Scully Bobblehead Night out at the Ravine Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 6: Now, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's a Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Is the home stank intinues on this Vin Scully Bobblehead Night for the first forty thousand in attendance. Jack Dryer is your opener. Brandon Fought, who the Dodgers saw just a couple of weeks ago. We'll go for the snakes first pitch at seventeen.
Speaker 3: This is the Yotani.
Speaker 7: Re why here's another two to two pitch. Otani, he flares it over the head of the third basement Moncatta and in between Moncata and Taylor.
Speaker 3: Award in left.
Speaker 7: That's a two out base hit, show hey is award With two down, four to nothing, Halos payoff pitch coming, Otani pulls it the right field for a base hit. Kick Key Hernandez runs.
Speaker 8: Through a stop sign to play at the play not in time, show, Hey, Oldtani, here's the Dodgers on the board with an RBI base hit.
Speaker 3: It's now four to one. Shoe hey.
Speaker 5: Otani had three of the Dodgers five hits yesterday, including that RBI single in the fifth inning. Otani three for five the RBI a strikeout, now hitting three thirteen on this season, slugging at six sixty five. Unfortunately, the Dodgers fell to the Angels yesterday sixty four.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kerson now joins from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eat seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the k Donate your Car. Today, the Dodgers back at it New Day News series, and the lineup looks really good with a lot of guys back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, with both Tommy Edmund as well as ta Oskar Hernandez, you're finally just getting back to.
Speaker 5: A full strength lineup.
Speaker 10: Before Tioscar went onto the IL, I mean, he was the team r WEI leader and so for him now to be back into a position that's been a big thing. It's just making sure we're getting guys home to put more runs on the board. So of course, with both of these guys coming off of lower body injuries, so for Tommy the ankle, for Tioskar has groin, that does mean that they can't just immediately go back to being everyday players right now. Of course Dave Roberts wants to do that, but he did say today that you know, his gut reaction is to, you know, make sure that they're playing for the long game, not the short game right now. So they likely won't play in all three of just this series with the Diamondbacks. But on the flip side, that's kind of exciting because that means that there's gonna be different opportunities for someone like Kisan Kim to kind of find ways to get out there, and even for someone like Andty pot Has, even though he's more of an everyday player, just to course down today, not to line up out there tonight.
Speaker 5: The Dodger's gonna see Brandon Fought, who they saw just a few weeks ago over in Arizona. Last time they saw him. Six and a third shutout innis.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but you know what, if you really like kind of go into that game and break down a few things. They had the roof open in Arizona. The ball plays a little bit differently when that's the case, and there were, honestly quite if there were won a lot of hard hit balls, but they turned into being out, but those would have been home runs and other ballparks, including of.
Speaker 6: Course Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 10: So the fact that they were able to get some hard contact, it'll be really interesting to see just how that plays now here at Dodger Stadium. Obviously he I mean he had taken away from him. Yes, there were hard hit balls, but they were obviously out and he pitched very well, as you mentioned, getting into the seventh. But hopefully today they can kind of take what they learn from that outing, continue to get some contact and find ways to just put that string them together and turn them into runs, because that's gonna have to be the key. And hopefully they can do that early set the tone in this one, and hopefully they're not playing from behind, because that has unfortunately been a theme as of late for this group.
Speaker 5: Another thing for this Dodger's team, Dodger pitching not getting ahead in account.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly, and so that has got to be the focus. Dave Roberts was diving into today, and it's something that this has been such a key attribute of the Dodgers when it comes to their pitching. You know, they're efficient, they get ahead on the count and that's what makes them so effective. But right now they're kind of getting away from that. We're seeing long at bats, we're seeing the pitch count get up, we're seeing more walks than usual, and so they need to find ways and Dave was emphasizing it's just if you can get that first pitch strike and kind of control the count and then be ahead in the count and not get behind in the count, that's got to be the key. So hopefully, whether it's Jack Dryer who's going to serve as the opener today. Hopefully he can do just that. Then Landon Neck is expected still to take down the bulk of this game. That's gonna have to be a key for him, because if you look at his last two outings, I mean, look, Miami, he was excellent. Last one against the A's not as much, and so if he can do that today, hopefully he can have a quality outing, especially against a team that we know is going to be aggressive. So he's got to have to find ways to get that first pitch strike.
Speaker 5: That Dodgers need him to do that tonight, no doubt, Kirston, we appreciate it. Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, will die deep into this pitching matchup. David Batstate goes one on one with Matt sour. We'll get you an injury or fourth though, will we come back in well? Here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts leaking you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on Vince Gully Bobblehead Night out at Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Marango Casino Dodgers on Deck continue is on this Monday night as we lead you up to Dodgers in Diamondbacks Moronco Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for a good times. Jack Dryer and Brandon fought the bitching matchup in the series opener. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 5: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Good news is hey Oscar Hernandez off the injured list. He is back and in the lineup for the Dodgers. Kirby Yates on the I L at the right hamstring strain, Evan Phillips on the IL to sort right forearm, Tyler Glass now Blake Snell, both with shoulder inflammation. Blake trying it on the sixty day IL. Michael Kopex also on the sixty day IL and Michael Kopek is going to be at Oklahoma City tomorrow on a rehab assignment with Triple A Oklahoma City and expected to make two three more appearances before they'll make a decision on whether or not to activate him off the I l in fact, let's heat back out to Dodgers Stadium. In here for more from the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 11: One questions for Dave David you just described du Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 3: In the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 11: You know, I just think that you know, Foughts throwing the baseball well against this good young pitcher, and I just think that offensively, I think we're doing a lot of good things. And so I like the lineup of running out there. I like giving Andy a day off kind of pushed him a lot. But I like we're at so I think that you know, he's gonna make pitch, he's gonna compete, he's gonna spin it, he's got you know, mid nineties fastball. But I just think we've got We're gonna go out there and have a good approach. And you know, for me opening up with Dryer, I think it just gives land In a little bit more chance to take down more hitters, and you know, and then we'll see kind of where we land. You know, after he's out of the game, do you see a.
Speaker 2: Bad time getting slip up or a kid seem like a Borno has kind of work way out to pull a multiple well.
Speaker 11: I think Andy is an everyday player, and I think that I've shown that he's earned it with a sporadic off day. I think that with Kim getting Tommy uh some days once in a while, I think getting Tail a day here or there once he to get his feet back on, legs back under him. I think we'll give Michael a day here in the next two so then I think that'll be a way to kind of keep you know, Kim involved, So you know, I say, you know, I would probably say three and a half times a week getting him in there to start, and also he's gonna come into games too.
Speaker 5: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about how he's going to moon over the chess pieces around the chess board with the lineups every day on this Dodgers team. Interesting to hear how they're going to approach what's coming up on the schedule. We continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll find out more from the Dodger insider David Mats for leading you up to first pitch on Vin Scully Bobblehead Night, Dodgers First pitch set for seven to ten. I'm Tim Kates' is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Homestand continues with the Dodgers and Diamondbacks at the start of a three game series. Jack Dryer and Brandon font the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 6: Ten, Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Base all right, DV.
Speaker 5: A lot of talk about the rotation the pitching staff. This Dodgers bullpen feels like it's getting thinner and thinner. What are their options?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's The options are for the offense to pick up the pitching staff like they have been recently, and also the starters to go deeper into games to ease the burden on that bullpen that now is minus Blake Trinin, minus Michael Kopek, minus Evan Phillips, and minus Kirby Yates as high leverage relievers, not to mention Bruce dar graderol who is.
Speaker 4: Not expected back until the second half.
Speaker 12: So it kind of reminds me tim of last year around the All Star break where the Dodgers came out of it and had to play guys like Havin Bigio and Taylor Tremmel. That's the state of the Dodger bullpen right now outside of Tanner Scott and Alex Vesia. So the Dodger starters have to go deeper into games, so the Dodgers don't have to lean on guys that.
Speaker 4: Aren't high leverage relievers.
Speaker 12: And if you're looking for another solution in the minor leagues, I've suggested Nick Frosso in the last few days. But Frosso is not pitching as well as he was in spring training, and the Dodgers are trying to correct that.
Speaker 5: David is driven by four. There's one thing we like. It's choice is fine yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called F one fifty. Freddie Freeman one of the tough guys, playing through all the injuries that he did last year in October and then started this season. David and yeah, you look up and the guys is hitting three seventy one.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and that's only behind Aaron Judge. And Freddie Freeman has really been quietly one of, if not the two best hitters in Major League Baseball this season. And he told us, as you remember, Tim during the last road trip, it takes him an hour and a half to get ready to play a seven to ten game, or any game at all. And he is just second in every single offensive category, behind only Aaron Judge. And he continues to go out there and perform, especially with Mookie Betts still.
Speaker 1: Not hitting on all cylinders.
Speaker 12: Freddie has been so vital to the Dodgers offensive success, Dave.
Speaker 5: What happened earlier today, a great scene out of Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 12: Tim, you don't say have a catch, right, you say play catch?
Speaker 5: Play catch right?
Speaker 12: Yeah, of course, And that's what was happening today. Some number one, a significant playing catch, Blake trining for the first time in over a month, picking up a baseball and playing catch from about sixty feet. So that was a step in the right direction, a small one, but nonetheless a positive step in the right direction. And how about this, Clayton Krushaw filling the urge to go out there and push Blake Snell in his catch play. And we all know Krushaw does everything with a purpose, and I feel like he was trying to push Snell in that department today to try to get him going, because the Dodgers needs Snell to get going.
Speaker 5: I mean, you go and you have a drink, You don't go to have him catch, You go to play catch, You play catch? Right right, that's right, okay, exactly, we're on the same page. All right, that's great.
Speaker 1: All right, DV.
Speaker 5: We'll check back you with you in just a little bit. Coming up here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on dag DEVI goes one on one with Matt sour right down this pitching matchup. We'll hear from hose Mona. But I'm next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Diamondbacks. It's Ben Scully Bobblehead night out at Dodger Stadium tonight. Hopefully DV can pick me up one of those first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on Vin Scully Bobblehead Night out at Dodger Stadium. Jack Dryer Brandon fought the pitching matchup. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: I dog.
Speaker 4: Without a hot dog? Who wants a hot co?
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment.
Speaker 6: Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Times.
Speaker 5: Well, the Dodgers taking on the Diamondbacks. We go back to twenty seventeen, the n LDS Dodgers taking on the Diamondbacks in that NLDS a chance to go to the NLCS in a matchup against the Chicago Cubs. Dodgers won the first two games. In Game three, could they make it a sweep?
Speaker 13: Now here's Jansen three and two to Goldspit. Here's the pitch plug on and miss strike three. And the Dodgers, who won one hundred and four games this year more than anybody else, sweep the Arizona Diamondbacks, winning tonight three to one. Next stop back home Saturday night for the National League Championship Series. And now they are mobbing Kenley Janssen. Everybody coming out of the dugout, Everybody coming out of the bullpen. The Dodgers are going home and they are entertaining the NLCS against either the Cubs or the Nationals.
Speaker 5: It would via the Chicago Cubs and the Dodgers would beat the Cubbies to advance to the World Series, where they were cheated out of a World Series by the Houston Astros, who cheated during that postseason. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Hoffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffy hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back in with Jose Mota, were lead you out to first pitch on this Monday night, beautiful night here in Southern California. Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Tim Kass World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home.
Speaker 3: For the Blue All Season Low.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks started a three game set. Dodgers fresh off getting swept by the Anaheim Angels. Jack Dryer, you opener Brandon fought with the Dodgers. Dodgers a few weeks ago in Arizona. He'll get the start for the Snakes, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. We had back out to the ravine, though, Jose Mota, David Basse, guys, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Jose.
Speaker 12: Dgers are turning the page after being swept by the Angels here at Dodgers Stadium for the first time since twenty ten. Not an easy task against the team that gives the Dodgers all they can handle.
Speaker 9: Listen, it seems like for the Dodgers and Dbacks, the lesser names. And I'm not disrespecting anybody, seems to get the headlines.
Speaker 1: Perdomo, but I know in company.
Speaker 9: Now you got Suarez, he got care But you gotta be careful with those guys too. And you know, the good thing about baseball is you have today take care of yesterday. You can't do anything about it. Dodg You're still playing good baseball here at home. But I want to see some zeros.
Speaker 1: I want to see at.
Speaker 9: Least two zeros in each one of these games, in the first two winnings, so the offense has a chance to not have to look up and go here we go again.
Speaker 1: How big is that?
Speaker 4: Jose?
Speaker 12: Just even in the first inning, Jack Dryer is going to open today. For him to hold the Diamondbacks scoreless in that first inning, it's important because obviously Tory Levolo is going to counteract him. He did by moving some pieces around to the bottom of the odor, not thinking the Jack Dryer is going to.
Speaker 1: Get to it. But Jack Dryer can be very economical too.
Speaker 9: I think you go out there and ten pitches, twelve pitches and maybe get Dave Roberts the option to go a couple of innings. Here's a couple of things I like about him. This guy at twenty six. Obviously he knows how to pitch and hold a command, but he's got the ability to go out there.
Speaker 1: And he used the break up early.
Speaker 9: Incounts in the outer half to have guys then look for that and it's like a slur right, let's steals a strike away from right handers. But then he's got the sweep out the you know, the slider sweeper, wipeout pitch down.
Speaker 1: The name by the right. He that really makes it more neutralized.
Speaker 9: But he throws strikes, he fields his own, and he's got a very good pace. I love the fact that he does not allow guys to get very comfortable.
Speaker 1: You know, w'ere.
Speaker 4: I think back to the beginning of spring training.
Speaker 12: You saw Cospiraus and Dryer becoming guys that may make this team. But did you ever envision them being as big of a contributor as Jack, Dryer and bank Conspirace have become.
Speaker 9: I'll be lying to you if I cited it, if I said yes, I mean, it's almost like when guys like that make the team, is like where do I hide him? And where do I put him where it's like no leverage or maybe against certain parts of the lineup, or maybe with the score open, yes or no. But these guys have proven that by necessity and by need and desperation, the Dodgers have had to use him in those spots.
Speaker 1: And what better to find out early in their.
Speaker 9: Careers, Dave and earlier in the year that these guys are going to go out there and not be scared by the moment?
Speaker 4: Hose are you a.
Speaker 12: Little surprised to see Hayesan Kim and Tommy Edmund in the same lineup? But Edmund playing second and Kim playing center.
Speaker 9: At this stage, No, because of the ankle situation with Tommy Edmund, the collision yesterday we don't know what he did to his ankle too, And obviously no, you have to Oscar coming back, who's got the leg issue. We don't know if he's you know, at ninety or one hundred percent, whatever it is. You want to make sure that somebody that can cover gap to gap a little bit better with the speed at least is there next to Oscar. And then for Tommy, it's a little less to think about in terms of having to run more.
Speaker 1: In the outfield because of the ankle situation.
Speaker 12: We talked so much about this the first three weeks of the season, how the Dodgers were not getting production out of their seventy nine hitters. When you look at the lineup tonight, you've got Confordo, Edmund and Kim. That seems to be a pretty good bottom third of the lineup to turn it over.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's just hope that we you know, about Comforido, that the narrative does not continue to be boy, he looks good to send the ball. Well, I want to see some results. I want to see some dunkers. I want to see just you know, a couple of bleeders here and there that. But because everything else looks good, the exit, velocity, the approach, and also Dave in certain situations, I want comforda to want that spot, to not look at the dugout to say if they're going to hit for him, he needs to rust of the occasion and thinking that he's a cleanup hitter.
Speaker 1: In his mine, I'm a cleanup hitter hitting the bottom.
Speaker 9: I want the big situation, but he needs to come through a little bit better and be better prepared against the guys that's going to be facing those situations.
Speaker 12: If he doesn't, Dave Roberts will be going to the bench for him. Thanks Hose. We'll check back in with you and Steven Nelson. For now, I'll send it back to the studio and Tim Kates.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks a lot, DV. That's the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan, Dodger fans. I'm about to starting your future at a California community college financial late It's available if you want it to help you with tuition, books, sometimes even the rent if you need it. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill it quickly, so in roll today at I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Nelly and Jose will be back with the keys to the game. But up next, we go high and tight with Matt Sour Yeah, stand out from Ricketty High School, Santa Maria, got himself a save and a win already pitching for the Dodgers here in twenty twenty five. That's next. Dodgers and Diamondbacks first pitch at seven to ten. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Jack Dryer as your opener see landon ac can follow Brandon Fought. We'll go for the Snakes. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen. She handcrafted sush. She enjoyed the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. Zan she handcrafted sushi. It's made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. They've got the tuna rolls, the spicy tuna roles, the salmon rolls, the tempura shrimp rolls. My personal favorite, the mango crunchy Dragon roll. They also got the poke Bulls. Find zench Sushi. You're the deli counter at Ralph's Zen She handkrafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 5: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This this high end tight.
Speaker 12: We're in the Dodger clubhouse right now in the high Rent District. Whenever you're next to Blake Trinin's locker you know it's high Rent District.
Speaker 4: And we're joined right now.
Speaker 12: By the man Whiskey Sour Sweden Sour, Matt Sour.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the.
Speaker 2: Time, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: So what is it like being the locker mates with Blake Trenton?
Speaker 12: You know, he has a lot of rules he wants, he wants a lot of structure.
Speaker 4: So what's it like.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, but Blake's man, obviously having to send it right next to a vett is always good. And get to pick his mind and see how he goes about his day every day.
Speaker 4: Don't be concerned. He's playing that little finger soccer game over there.
Speaker 12: He can't hear what you're gonna say so full disclosure here about Blake Trnon as a locker mate, because as you could see, the gloves perfectly placed, the hats perfectly placed, while yours same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean i'd say we got a pretty clean corner over here. I'm not gonna bad mouth his side. Neither of us cross the center line, so we're doing good.
Speaker 4: Is there a delineation here?
Speaker 12: I mean, we all want to know the dynamics of being this close to another teammate.
Speaker 4: What is the line here?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think his line goes a little onto.
Speaker 1: My side, but he's.
Speaker 12: So you feel like he can encroach on your side of the locker. But because of him being the decorated reliever and veteran that he is, you know you have to respect the wall.
Speaker 4: So you're kind of hugging the wall.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 12: Matt Sour is our guest. What a right it's been for you since the beginning of spring training. Have you been able to take inventory of where you started and how much the Dodgers have relied upon you early on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously signed here because I thought the pitching development was, you know, the top of the top and you know, I think it's shown in the brief stint that I've been up here so far, and I think just within the last you know, three months of being with this Horde, my pitching has gone to away new heights and I really enjoy being here.
Speaker 4: You developed a cut fastball. Where did you start to develop that cut fastball?
Speaker 2: It was actually Ryan Dennick down during spring training came up with the idea because I already, I mean my Forest team, I already cut a little bit, So he said, why don't we just lean into you know, actually cutting it, throwing a cutter with it. And the first day I threw it in a bullpen, I was like, yeah, I love this pitch and just took off from there. It was a real easy pitch for me to learn and just been riding it.
Speaker 12: A lot of right handers use that pitch to be effective against lefties. Is that the thought behind yours?
Speaker 3: Hundred percent?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Throughout my whole career, I've always been, you know, good splits against righty's. I always had a little more issues getting lefties out. So I think this cutter has opened up where you know, I can get both sides of the played out with.
Speaker 4: These Matt Sour is our guest.
Speaker 12: Can you tell us and explain the life of a picture like Matt Sour where you're not Clayton Kershaw, You're not Blake Snell.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers use your versatility. How do you adapt so?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you know, I once I got called up, I kind of understood that I'd be more of like a Swiss army guy here, you know, might make some spot starts, do some long relief appearances. But you know, whatever opportunities they give to me, I love pitching into him. I just want the ball, and whatever opportunity that is, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 12: So you've this year been able to record your first major league win and your first major league save.
Speaker 4: Did you ever believe that would happen? Yeah, I mean I hope so I always win, yes, but not the same.
Speaker 2: The save was a little surprising. It was honestly, immediately after the game. I didn't even realize it. You know, I came in and it was at the sixth inning. Came in the sixth and get through and finish the game out, and then they all congratulate after the game, and I was like a little confused, like, wait, did I really get the save there. But yeah, so it was awesome.
Speaker 12: I remember being on the field with you and James Outman. Were you concerned that he was gonna throw the ball into the stands?
Speaker 2: No, I never was concerned, and I saw him catch the ball and spin straight in and he put a right in my glove as soon as he got to the dugout, So it was all good.
Speaker 12: Hey, you can never put anything by Outman. The other day, I had to remind him it was his birthday.
Speaker 2: That sounds about right, that's funny.
Speaker 12: Matt Sour is our guest just in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Pretty tough lineup over there, Matt. What did you learn from that four game series in the desert?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I got to, you know, watch. It's kind of cool the situation where I'm in because I'll watch the starters and see how they can get through a lineup more than one time, and then also getting to pick the reliever's brains, where if I do go in for you know, one or two innings, I gotta be able to come in and throw my best stuff immediately and get outs immediately. So I get to watch a little more of both sides of the pitching aspect of it, understanding that for when I come into games, I need to be efficient, So watch the starters a little bit what they're doing in the lineup where they're trying to throw guys, and then you know, relievers, you might need a big strikeout in this situation. So you know, talking to Borrow Bart always gets us ready as soon as we get into the game. You know, he always got us right. So yeah, it's been great.
Speaker 4: That's interesting.
Speaker 12: I wonder if being a reliever coming out of the bullpens certain games has helped you throw more strikes as a starter because of what you said, it's so important to throw strikes and be aggressive early.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean as a reliever always you're coming into the game, you gotta get outs immediately, so you start with strike one, and so far this year, I mean, I feel like I've been pretty good at pounding the zone and once once you get strike one, then you're in a picture advantage count and then you can go from there.
Speaker 12: Hey, you never know, we might see Matt Soer tonight, never know, never know. Thanks a lot for the time we got. Wow this clean. Tryna never came to his locker.
Speaker 3: He did it.
Speaker 2: We're all good. We're safe over here.
Speaker 1: Thanks Matt, Thank you.
Speaker 12: There he goes Matt Sour Lake Trinon's very clean and tidy locker mate. He receives a pair of sunglasses from Canaan, Canaan's world's best pull rized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot com for your pair. Tim, we'll send it back to you all right.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot, Matt Sour, Thanks a lot. Say Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Vizza Parlor, the official pizza partner, the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's Grip Night at Shakys dot Com, leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks on Ben Scully Bobblehead Night, First Pitch sevent ten.
Speaker 3: I'm next.
Speaker 5: We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 6: Thatwe This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's Ben Scully Bobblehead Night out of Dodgers Stadium for the first forty thousand in attendance. Dodgers and Diamonbacks starting a three game set. First pitch at seven to ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 5: Matchups for presented by your Southern California and Toyota Dealers. Work hard, in play hard in a New Tacomo with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the Bulls. He youre Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Brandon fought on the mound for the Snake six and three, three seventy three ERA, twenty six year old right hander, fifth round picking twenty twenty out of Bellarman University, third season the Big League's making his tenth start this year last time out, four innings, four runs, six hits in a loss of the Giants. Six start against the Dodgers, third at Dodger Stadium. We'll toss the season I six and a third scoreless innings. Just a few weeks ago over in Arizona against the Blue in his last three starts against the Dodgers. How about this. He is three and zero with a two fifty ERA and twenty three strikeouts and is not giving up a home run in those three starts against the Dodgers. Pretty impressive. The last time three times out Jack Dryer. He is the opener for the Dodgers. We will see Landon Nac come in, but Jack Dryer will be the opener two in one with a two to twenty five ERA. Twenty six year old left hander, undrafted free agent signed by the Dodgers in twenty twenty one. He pitched at the University of Iowa, making his third start, nineteenth appearance, last time out two relief innings on Friday against the Angels. He did see the Diamondbacks twice in that foury game series over in Phoenix a couple weeks ago, three shutout innings in the first game, then two thirds of an inning with two strikeouts in that second appearance against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Again it'll be Landon Knack who comes in and gets a bulk of the innings after Jack Dryer, the left handed reliever, will get the start. Landon Nax set to make his six appearance tonight after losing Tuesday Nights to the Athletics, where he went four and two third innings, gave up five runs on seven hits, and struck out eight. This is his second season in the big league, so it'll be Jack Dryer followed by Land and Knack as the Dodgers look to get back on track. Tonight's after losing three straight to the Angels, Dodgers now look to take it out of the Snakes. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game are next some Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 1: On tack.
Speaker 3: On your Home for the Blue All Season Log.
Speaker 5: It's Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. Jack Dryer's your opener, followed by Land and Knack. Brandon Fox will go for the Snakes. The Dodgers in the stretch their next twenty nine games against teams over five hundred the Diamonbacks, the Mets, the Guardians, the Yankees, the Cardinals, the Padres of the Giants. So a tough month coming up ahead for the Dodgers, fresh off losing three straight to the Anaheim Angels, looking to get back on track tonight. When the boys are in blue play at home, it's important that they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a planned to follow fire safety tips. For example, user install ignition resistant materials around your home. You fire resistant materials when building a deck, replace events with ember and flame resistant events. Use noncombustible fencing materials for the portion that connects to your house. Very important you listen and for more tips like these and to find out others, visit fire dot CA, dot God. Let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch, Steven Nelson and Jose Mota, Guys, time.
Speaker 7: For the Dodgers to wash away the stink of this past weekend sweep at the hands of the visiting Angels. To see the Diamondbacks little home and home on the schedule here they split four games at Chase Field, Jose Mota some really interesting ballgames, so some wild ones, some fun finishes as well, And so now the Dodger's going to try and get back on track. But prior to these last three losses of the Angels, they've been darned near unbeatable. Here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 9: They have done a good job. The Angels come in and pretty much, let's call it just an aberration what happened against the Angels. They were pretty much on every cylinder, just striking quite hard. Now the Dbacks coming in, and I talked to a couple of guys of the dbucks coming into the series no matter when it is, but it's the Dodgers and they know how to elevate their game. The other thing, too, is let's start up all the things that happened over in Arizona. The slugging from the Dbacks was the one thing that dominated. Obviously, they had a very good couple of starting pitchers do their jobs. As you mentioned, falls and burns. But I think it's gonna come down to just focusing on one part of the line, especially to me, the bottom third. You have to stop those guys, especially gout like Perdomo, because he can cause a lot of damage, get on base steal basis, and also from the number nine spot drive in some runs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, keep in mind the number nine hitter this series or although Perdomo that's where he's starting tonight. Anyway, he's been one of the best players in the National League. So he's not your stereotypical number nine hitter really like, oh, that's an automatic out. Perdomo is definitely having a great year. Give me a couple of keys tonight for the Dodgers with Jack Dryer opening against Brandon Fott.
Speaker 9: Number one thing is get a couple of zeros early in the game. Offense jump ahead when the Dodgers scored first. No secret to anybody, Even losing teams have winning records when they score first. But I think it's going to come down to just not depending only on the home run. And you got a challenge, Gabriel Moreno, that's a little key for me. Go Arthur and run on him, but make sure you're also, you know, quiet him down with the bat.
Speaker 7: Hopefully Jack Dryer and Landon Knack can combine to provide some stability for this pitching staff, which enters this series having given up six plus runs in three straight games and four of six games on this home stand. Three games against the d Backs. The Dodgers and Arizona will kick things off, shorty, Tim, Let's get it back to you, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Thanks a lot, Nelly. When the game is over, David Vassis got you cover but first things first, first pitches, Next, Dodgers Snakes enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network