Speaker 1: How high will the tight ends get pushed up tonight? Where will these twelve drafters like Jordan Addison and what will the ration be after night one of the purses follow along with the live draft board tonight, watch our pick by pick analysis as we call the action from the twenty twenty five f FPC Pros versus Joe's Guns N' Roses Division two to see who's gonna win a twenty twenty six f FPC main event squad. We've got a great show for you, Farrell Elliott and Dave Tripoli. I are here.
Speaker 2: I'm Eric Balkman.
Speaker 1: Stick around your twenty twenty five Pros versus Joe's Draft number two rolls on.
Speaker 2: Now, listen broadcast live and horner round the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your hosts, Eric Balkman and Farrel Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home or analysis from the best players in the world at now.
Speaker 1: Because no one else was available.
Speaker 3: Here are Eric Bolfman and Farrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rob Greenings and salutations to all of you balcoholics and for RELIAX. Welcome to the latest episode of the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by the Fantasy Football Players Championship. I'm your host, Eric Bolfman. My co hosts are the definitive Commissioner of Farrell Elliott and the fourteen time FFPC League Champion Dave Tterpoli. Tonight we celebrate the second of six episodes for you that are special this summer. It's the twenty twenty five f FPC Prossses Joe's Guns N' Roses Division number two Draft. Tonight we'll be covering it for its entire duration. Shout out to the chat room right now. Host to questions that you might have in there. Connect with us on X at hsffauer at Eric Balkman at Dave turp Check out the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship that Pharaoh runs at KFFSC dot com, Facebook dot com, slash hs FF hours where to go to reach us there. We'll try to get to all the chat room questions, X post and emails throughout the broadcast and night. Thanks to the hard work of our producer, our mutual friend Robin, our audio engineer, my best friend Bryce. As a reminder, one week from yesterday is deadline day for the twenty twenty five FFPC Main Event Early Draft slot announcement. If you want your team draft slot by August third, make sure your team is paid in full by July twenty seventh. Remember you can always add on extra teams and you'll get six hundred dollars off each additional team you add on. Shout out to everybody hanging out tonight here. I got so many people, so many good people lined up for guests. But before we can get to our guests, we have to bring on our co host. You know him, you love him. He is the definitive commissioner of Fantasy Football. Welcome in, Farrell, Elliott, Farrell, how we doing.
Speaker 2: I am so glad to be known and loved Balky. That's really great and I love it when we get to announce that terb will be joining us to and how many times champion that he's ever been. And you know, sadly those accolades do not follow my name, So tip to the cat.
Speaker 1: Tip of the cap to one Dave Tripoli. Without further ado, the fourteenth time champ as introduced by Parrell Elliott. Dave missed you last time tonight, Man, I missed you.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: It vibes only. I do not believe that that shirt is accurate in the words of wisdom that we will hear streaming from your mouth tonight. But I've got to tell you, we'll see. If there is anyone who should be positive, is Dave Tripoli and the lovely family should I enjoy following on Facebook much? You know?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: The great surprise last year, Balky at the live event uh in Las Vegas, is that we met Pop's turp and that was him before.
Speaker 4: But I think it's the first time you got a chance to be.
Speaker 2: Oh it was. It was the first time for me. And you know, Pops and I had a moment over by the bar and I said, you know, Pop's all the mischievous actions and the Terp has been responsible for it has largely been brought on by the bad influences that he's been known to affiliate and hang out with. And maybe Pop said, yeah, that's what the whole family says. And I said, well, okay, I want to be considered as part of the family. So I was chiming in right there, and then I realized that this week we might be that bad influence Balky, You and I might be the one.
Speaker 4: Anything's possible in pros versus Joe's it is.
Speaker 2: It was very spirited last night.
Speaker 4: I watched it a little bit, and you guys had a good show. You had a lot of great guests. The draft didn't go to haywire. I'm ready to go tonight.
Speaker 2: Man didn't go quick. Balkey couldn't keep up Man.
Speaker 5: It was wild.
Speaker 4: Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: It was wild.
Speaker 1: It went, It went fast and furious. I am. I am in contact right now with with one uh Bryce Masters, Commissioner to the Stars, who was commissioning this draft tonight. We are missing Team one, which is Zachary Wrenz and Gerard Wrens that that and them. We're we're trying to get him and we're gonna give him a couple of minutes. If not, he's gonna be an auto.
Speaker 2: Always, which will be a good Who would you give Team one?
Speaker 4: Who would I give him to myself? It'll be more fun.
Speaker 2: Just give him who what player would you put on a rosters? They don't show up, Let's.
Speaker 4: Put some more Chase there said he's gonna take him.
Speaker 2: Any Chase anyway, just think of somebody else.
Speaker 1: M hm, you know, all right, stud So here so you guys pontificate, you guys pontificate over that we're gonna be getting going in less than two minutes.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I want to remind everybody that this is a twenty round best ball league. You're it's not a tournament. This is you're going against eleven other owners. The winner will get a twenty twenty six f FPC main eventry valued at well over two thousand dollars to try to win a million bucks next year. And second place we'll get a pair of socks courtesy of Farrell Elliott, which.
Speaker 2: Was on the game A beautiful, so beautiful.
Speaker 1: So here is tonight's lineup. We're gonna get going here in a little bit. Zachary and grud Wrenz. The Joes are drafting at one. Blair Andrews from Rodoviz is gonna be drafting second tonight. Joe Van Goh, longtime FFPC player Ben on plenty of my shows before, He's gonna be a tough, tough out tonight he is drafting third, the tight end whisperer of Farrell Andrew Cooper from Fantasy Alarm is hitting clean up tonight. Greg link Well, I believe we'll have on here shortly. He's drafting fifth. Connor Allen from four to four is in the sixth hole. Kyle Hoff and Ryan Heller, the FFPC joke tandem, is drafting out of the seventh spot. Brian Drake and Matt Donnelly. Interesting photos of those guys tonight in preparation.
Speaker 4: Real good ones out there on X.
Speaker 1: Check it out at Drake Fantasy Matt Donnelly FF from Fantasy Points. They finished I believe, top fifteen last year and they are drafting under the eighth SOT Bob Buono is ninth ninth tonight. The King Scott Engel from Rotoballer is drafting tenth. Rob Tomasino, who farall you and I believe are going to be talking with this Friday on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. He is drafting eleventh tonight. We'll hear from him tonight, and of course the swol cast guy himself, Davis Maddock, will be drafting twelfth tonight. We are going to get underway here shortly. I want to bring up here our first guest of the night right away, because I know he's got a fly. You follow him on X at Coupe Fiasco. This guy what a year he had last year, Parroll. Not only did he crush it during pros Versus Joe's last year with his expert analysis, but this dude cleared up as the f s w A Writer of the Year. He's the lead NFL analyst or fantasy Alarm host on Serious Sex Fantasy Sports Radio at Koupe Fiasco on AX, Please welcome in, mister Andrew Cooper Coop. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Dude?
Speaker 7: So I didn't realize these uh these the prizes here. I was gonna shoot for first, but I want those socks now.
Speaker 8: Now I'm gonna have to change read the needle, goog.
Speaker 2: Will you be coming to the live event ed Parris? When is it? Well, that's really wrong.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna be able to make it.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 9: My daughter to my daughter two at the end of the two at the end of the month. So that's that's a tough swing for congratulations. I think we're gonna I think maybe we can we can swing it as a family trip when she's at the age where we're big.
Speaker 8: Flights like that are possible.
Speaker 2: I love that's been talking about his arrival, you know about having the child. That's what keeps him out of Kentucky. Uh, you know every year that child apparently is reborn. You know, she's like every year, but.
Speaker 4: Wife wants ten kids every year having No it's crazy good to Vegas, but I can't go to Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Coop is on the clock right now. Guys chase Bowers, Barkley where the first three picks? Coop no chance at Bowers here. McBride's still out there. Although it would be a leap you go with b John Robinson, I guess not a surprise. Did you think that he was going to be a possibility for you at four tonight?
Speaker 7: So here's the thing with Bowers. I typically don't go for the high end tight ends. I've talked about this with Turp. We both have similar strategies. That's what I like. That's why I like when I'm drafting. I like him to be there talking and not part of the actual draft with me. So I like you right where you are at Turp, right there where you're not love it. Obviously, he could be the number one player in any sort of tight end premium format, I just because of I'm contractually obligated to kind of work on and track the tight end position all year long. It's a place where I feel I can generate value late, and we know that in regular formats, at least, not even counting the tight end premium, we've had guys come from outside the top seventeen to ADP to finish top five in thirteen straight years. I'm talking Evan Ingram a couple times, Darren Waller, Robert Tunyan, you go all the way back to like Julius Thomas, all these guys Like it's a position that you can create leverage at. So I don't want to give away all my tricks here. But for me, I feel like if I load up on the other positions and then and then pick the right kind of sleeper guys late, load up maybe with it with some extra tight ends because it's a twenty round draft, I can create some leverage that way and kind of backdoor my way to eliteness at that position. So usually I don't take guys there, I will. I mean, obviously, if Trey McBride somehow miraculously comes back, I would have to take him. But yeah, that's kind of been my way.
Speaker 1: It's a Trey McBride would be the huge yin to the Yin Yang, and the Yang would obviously be a smaller one. Coop, I gotta tell you we said this last year too. With all your success, Fantasy Alarm has sort of been like the pipeline for a tight end. Whispers it used to be Howard Bender and then he willingly passed that moniker off to you as well. I know people tune in for your pro Versus Joe's draft annually just to find out what mid round tight ends you're selecting in this because you know you have to win first or second to win anything in this And clearly everybody's me paying attention to see what happens after you have your running backs, receivers and quarterbacks in the road, to see what you're gonna doing in the mid rounds with tight end. Are you going to try to throw anybody off tonight? Or are the tight ends you're drafting you truly believe it?
Speaker 8: Well, the thing is, I stay plugged into the value. I will take value where it is.
Speaker 7: So with my Yuni Yang tight end rankings, there's always a section I call the standalone tier.
Speaker 8: These are the guys, you know, the top few guys where in a.
Speaker 7: Typical league, not a like a typical redraft, you draft one and you're done. If you take Bowers, you're only worried about Bie Weeks. So I will keep my eye on those guys. There's definitely guys that play well into this tight end premium format where people keep in mind the premium is only for the receptions, not the yards, not the touchdowns. I think that's a big that's one of the biggest advantages you can get over casual gamers. And again in pros versus Joe's I've done enough of these to know it should just be pros versus pros. The people that follow the watch these shows, that hang out in the chat, these are very very good fantasy gamers. There's no there's no bad gamers in this. But that's the one place people get tricked up with the tight end premium is is they just think all tight ends equally get raised. But the guys that make their their bones on touchdowns or on yards not exactly getting the benefit. I'll give you one example from last year, a guy like Tucker Craft, right like Tucker Craft had two sixty yard plays that accounted for like eighteen percent of his yards. He had a bunch of touchdowns, which was great, but he only got seventy targets on the season. That's four point one targets per game. That player last year at least didn't benefit as much from the tight end premium as these guys like you know in Djoku who had ninety seven targets in eleven games, or bally McBride and Bowers that are given one hundred.
Speaker 8: And forty hundred and fifty. So make sure you check the rules and you see where you're getting the bus.
Speaker 1: Uh coop when you I know you like to take value where it comes in these drafts. Once you knew you had the four pick, do you have an idea sort of like in your mind about a few players at the one you know your as your first round pick, a few players that you think you're going to be picking up the second And then conversely, if you didn't, did you at least have sort of like a format in your mind of like proper roster construction on like, Okay, I sort of want to end with this. I want to end with this or do you just really play everything by year once you get on the clock.
Speaker 7: So I you know, when I do these ones, there's actually I do have a roster construction in mind where I want to end up, Like, I know I'm going to get there one way or another. When you go out to twenty rounds, which I prefer, I like, I like best, I almost always end up with three qbs and three tight ends at the very least, just because you have that leverage, you have the extra rounds to make it there. So I do kind of think that way when I'm going in. I did load up my cue with four players I liked. It was the Jamar Chase and three running backs. In this keep in mind again it's two running backs, two wide receivers, two flexes, so you can be a lot more flexible and it doesn't fear pressure you into drafting wide receivers like some of the other platforms.
Speaker 8: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, you can.
Speaker 8: Truly go with a more best available approach.
Speaker 7: For me, the player right now is my best available player in pretty much all formats.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna go ahead and take Drake London.
Speaker 1: Yet, Drake London is Coop's second round pick, and so you go Falcon, Falcon and Obviously, anybody watching this, the first question is going to be are you worried about having too many eggs in the Atlanta basket? And you clearly answer with the resounding no, I'm not worried.
Speaker 2: Not worried about it.
Speaker 7: And again, with these highly consolidated teams, I'm just looking for the best players and the best situations. I mean, we've seen plenty of times where you know, great running backs and great wide receivers on the same teams crush. I mean, guys, last year, if you went out and took Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase t Higgins, Chase Brown, you.
Speaker 8: Had no problems at all.
Speaker 7: If you went back and you took you know, any of the times that you know, even like Tom Brady and Legarrett Blunt and Julian Edelman and those guys, if you took I mean, I've had kids.
Speaker 8: One year, take Drew Brees and Michael.
Speaker 7: Thomas and and and Alvin Kamar and he mopped us, he mopped the floor. You don't think you lost a single game. So if you if you get the right guys in the right situations, you'll be all right. I'm not necessarily going crazy, but I just think these are the two best players on the team, uh, and then they're going to be just fine.
Speaker 8: So for me, I have no problem there. With some of these other teams.
Speaker 7: Though, like if you got a team that's not highly consolidated, like the the Packers for instance, that's where I get scared to have multiple players, especially you know, when you're picking one guy from the run game, one guy from the past game. But for these two players, I just think they're stars, and I'm just hoping that the stars align.
Speaker 1: You just mentioned the Bengals. T Higgins is your pick here at the three h four. I know you gotta fly. I want to give you one opportunity here for anybody who is interested in consuming more Andrew Cooper content. Where can they read it? Where can they listen to you?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: I mean I'll be jumping back on here with Terp and Aiden to do another recap of a draft at some point this summer, hopefully, so I'll be popping on these airwaves. You can catch me on Series XM all week this week with Howard bender Out. I'm always on Thursday and Friday six to eight, but i'll be all week six to eight.
Speaker 8: Channel eighty seven. Our Draft guide at Fantasy Alarm is out now. That includes the Ultimate tight End, Guy Yini Yang tight End.
Speaker 7: I know you've checked out those articles ten thousand words a couple of them, but I'll tell you what. I put enough gifts and silly stuff in there that you know it'll keep you. There's charts, there's pictures, there's there's clips, there's there's enough to keep you entertained. And I'll tell you, no matter what with you read it, you whether you take my advice or not, there's enough information in it that you'll come out smarter on the other side.
Speaker 8: So that's available at Fantasy Alarm.
Speaker 1: Dock On Connect with the twenty twenty four FSWA Writer of the Year Andrew Cooper at Kupe Fiasco on a coop.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: We'll continue to read, we will continue to listen. Thank you so much, and good luck for the rest of the way. Man.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me. I'll be tuning in. Gonna be a good draft, good show, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Good stuff from him, Andrew Cooper Hopping aboard here, I want to get to our next guest here in a little bit before we do Turt. What do you make of Justin Jefferson at the one o seven tonight falls to the one oh seven. I know that was the scuttle button. The chat people were talking about what a gift that was. But Kyle Hoff and Ryan Heller they fell into something there.
Speaker 4: Man extremely extremely grateful. I mean they used to be really really happy that Jefferson fell that far. He doesn't fall that far.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 4: It's a rare occasion where you see guys like Ceedee Lamb, you know, Bowers getting as high as he did, and obviously Jamiir Gibbs, Thegether three are pretty much you know, Barkley's been falling a little bit, but Jefferson is seven is a gift, and then getting Brian Thomas in the next round is an awesome start.
Speaker 1: Uh Farrell the auto drafter at the one spot not a bad squad. This is oftentimes what I hear when I'm commission Big Gorilla drafts or main events or FFPC drafts. People are upset that there's an auto drafter and then they you know, halfway through, like man, that auto drafter put together quite a team. And I always bring this up too, and I can't remember who it was because it happened a few years ago. But there was a gentleman I was commissioning it on one of our midstakes drafts for the big six figure grand prize at the time. Now it's a million dollars. He had a son who was being unruly at bedtime, had a lot of problems trying to get to go to sleep. His whole team was auto drafted, and that dude. Now he finished in like the top seventy overall, but going into the final week of the championship round, he was in like fifteenth overall on an auto drafted team. So these auto drafted teams Pharaoh, They oftentimes come together and team won. Chase Jacobs, Kien Williams not a bad start man.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, maybe they'll wake up. Are they drafting from a queue or these truly auto drafts?
Speaker 1: As far as I know, these are truly auto drafts. I don't believe there was a Q sevey looked like auto draft. All things considered, These guys didn't get the email. Inter It's really interesting what you talked about. We felt the same way about the seven and eight spot last night. We felt the players were dropping there. There there's maybe so many great first round candidates that you can say, any of those guys in the seventh and eight spot are great picks.
Speaker 4: So you know, I agree those seventh and eighth have a great start so far, no no issues whatsoever.
Speaker 1: That's different guys, different guys. Yeah, maybe it's just the it's the right spot for it. You never know. We want to get to our next guest, Ladies and gentlemen. He is the f FPC Joe drafting out of the eleven spot tonight. You will be able to watch him live this Friday when he joins Sperrel and I to recap his draft and take a look forward to the f FPC main event as well. Please welcome onto the program, mister Rob Thomasino. Rob, welcome in man, So good to have you aboard. How do you like your draft so far?
Speaker 5: Not bad? I just really trying to draft a value. I will say that this is the first.
Speaker 10: You're not gonna believe this, but this is my first best ball draft that I've ever done.
Speaker 4: Wow, really ever.
Speaker 5: Ever.
Speaker 10: I'm a traditional Joe, I'm an f FPC main event guy, and I've never.
Speaker 5: Done the best ball draft until right now.
Speaker 1: Rob.
Speaker 2: You would have thank you would have founded up from one just by accident you know you were doing You ended there just I didn't mean to be here when I'm here, so you know, no accident. Congratulations on a great career, man, You're doing great.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm really happy to be here and very appreciative.
Speaker 1: Rob. Let's let's talk about the draft here. Nikola was your first choice in the first round. Now, you could have grabbed McCaffrey there, you could have gone Saint Brown or maybe even Nico Collins. Was the upside too good to resist with Nikoua at the one eleven tonight.
Speaker 10: Definitely, I'm a big Nikola fan. I draft with my eyes a lot. I watch a ton of football. I don't miss hardly any TV games. I got the packages, and to me, he's a player, and he's very consistent, and without Cup he should get a ton of targets, and I'm excited about him.
Speaker 2: What do you make?
Speaker 1: You know, there's a lot of people talking about the Dolphins offense maybe in decline or maybe spiraling not in the right way, and yet I don't hear that about Devon ah Chan. Even people who don't necessarily like the Dolphins offense seem to still like eight Chan this year. This is a guy that I've heard I think was the Established the Run podcast I listened to a couple of weeks ago. Those guys are talking about a pathway for eight chan he maybe be the one on one, or not the one on one, but the top running back this year as well. And you get him at the two oh two. Again, when you're talking about winning first place or socks for nothing, it's all about upside, and you clearly saw some upside here with at the two oh.
Speaker 10: Definitely definitely another guy that if you watch quick around the corner, great cuts, great moves, and uh, he's gonna get a lot of a lot of volume this year, and I don't think the Dolphins are going to be that good of a team, and I could see him.
Speaker 11: Getting a lot of fourth quarter of dump.
Speaker 10: Passes, a lot of what we call garbage time points, besides being one of the best players in the league.
Speaker 5: So I think he has tremendous upside.
Speaker 1: Rob the James Cook pick we should talk about too. This is a guy who scored sixteen rushing touchdowns last season and obviously had some issues of this contract doesn't sound like it's a big deal, and he's been reporting and everything. He's running back sixteen on average. You get him tonight at running back fourteen. So not a big greach on this, but your thoughts on why James Cook is still going to churn out a top fifteen running back season this year.
Speaker 5: This year, So that was a tough pick for me right there.
Speaker 10: I was in between. I kind of wanted to take a receiver, but I didn't love any of the ones that was sitting there, and Cook was really good last year. I don't see any reason that Ray Davis is going to take over any touches for him again. Should have a lot of volume. I think his touchdown number last year was a little bit inflated. But the Bills are going to be good. They'll have a lot of scoring opportunities. Alan will get his touchdowns, but I think Cook will be in double digits.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, I have I think I mentioned this last night to Ferrell during our broadcast. It's not like I have a ton of Marvin Harrison, but I have enough so far this season.
Speaker 2: I'm a believer in this guy bouncing back.
Speaker 1: I'm a believer that this guy is going to be the beneficiary of an offensive coordinator that realizes what they did wrong and how they misused him last year. Is going to take advantage of a softer schedule and another year of chemistry with Kyler Murray. I like Marvin Harrison as the bounce back. You get him at the three four turn the four h two tonight. Was that a difficult choice? I know you said the cook one was. Was Harrison difficult as well?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 10: It was the three four turn late on the eleven twelve slot to me is always hard every year.
Speaker 5: Again, Marvin Harrison, I'm a big Ohio State guy. My daughter goes to Ohio State.
Speaker 10: But like you said, last year was a mystery that he just didn't perform up to his expectations. And my hope is that this year he'll bounce back and he'll be one of the fantasy stars. I mean, he has the potential and he has the ability, So let's hope that that's how it plays out.
Speaker 1: Rob When you you said you had never done a Best Ball draft before, what kind of prep did you did you put into this? Knowing that this was a set it and forget a team that you wouldn't be able to toy around with it throughout the season once it's drafted. Tonight, you just got to leave it right.
Speaker 10: So I did do a lot of studying over the last week. I use I am not allowed to talk about which sites I use and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Is that go ahead, fire away, you do you.
Speaker 5: So, I'm a big football guys. I've been using that for a long time.
Speaker 10: So I did a lot of research on football guys and uh, you know, they they kind of help you with the draft with their one of their tools which is really good, and uh that's my go to so that I don't have to sit here and you know, draw lines on sheets.
Speaker 5: So uh it helps me.
Speaker 10: Uh and you know, it's been good to I've been pretty consistent.
Speaker 5: In my FFPC main event contest.
Speaker 10: My my my challenge is getting over the hump and drafting a championship team because I feel like I'm pretty good at that. During the regular season, I get some teams into the championship bracket, but I never have a championship team.
Speaker 5: So that's where I need to get over the hump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's not an easy thing to do. I mean, there's there's plenty of people that you know, you are not alone, in fact, you're in the majority. Like it's it's you know, if it was easy, everybody would do it, right. Isn't that the old adage, if it was easy, that everybody would do it? Uh, you were a main event champion, You're a previous main event champion, and I believe are you you're drafting from hopeless or are you're going to join us in Las Vegas?
Speaker 5: I'm from home.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, perfect, so we will We won't see you in Las Vegas, Rob, but what we will see is your smiling mug on Friday night as you joined the high stakes Fantasy Footballer. Myself and Pharaoh we're going to break down this draft extensively, so I'm very excited to talk to you about that. Good luck the rest of the way and we'll talk with the interview days, my friend.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Rob Thomasino, ladies and gentlemen joining us on the program tonight.
Speaker 2: Good dude.
Speaker 1: Excited to talk to him on Friday.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Like I said, Rob is already an FFPC main event champion. He has never a couple of times over too, by the way, he's never won the whole thing. But hopefully this will be the year we could say, Hey, we talked to the million dollar winner on pros Versus shows this year. Back in July, we are motoring through here, Farrell getting into the end of the fifth round. Here, one of the players that you and I have not talked a whole lot about went to Team two tonight. Blair Andrews takes Zay Flowers at the five ZHO two. What do you make of Flowers this year? After the Bateman extension, knowing that Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry are there again, and then with John Harbaugh saying he wants Isaiah likely to be All Pro this year, nobody's talking about Jay Flowers. Should they be talking about Jay Flowers?
Speaker 2: They should be. And I love the football player, but I have not loved him as a fantasy player. I think this is the year, and somewhat last year, that the the draft position will catch up with the production. I think he's at the perfect spot. I don't think you're getting a bargain here where you're drafting, but you're gonna get enough and uh so, so I'm I'm pleased with that. I can't say that I would would have preferred anyone else there. I think those players are largely interchangeable. I love, love the player don't necessarily love the system for him, and that's what would and other guys don't either, or he wouldn't be in the fifth round here.
Speaker 1: Sur I wanted to ask you this earlier, but I'm gonna I'm gonna ask you now because we have the main pieces off the board in the Eagles. You saw aj Brown go at the two oweight. You saw DeVonta Smith go at the four eleven. Right before that, Jalen Hurts at the four oh five, the three biggest cogs in the Philly passing game Philadelphia. I brought this up yesterday. They ran at an historic pace last year in Routsu Super Bowl. I can't imagine that they're going to continue to be able to run the ball at that pace in twenty twenty five. Does that make you more likely to click the button on Brown, Smith and Hurts this year, knowing that these guys might be undervalued by drafters based on them underwhelming at least from a fantasy standpoint last year because of the success of Barkley.
Speaker 4: I think so. I mean, Eagle schedule is much much more difficult this year. The division is you know, Cowboys, are you got better? The Commanders got better. The Giants still stink, but it's still two wins in the season for them. But the Eagles schedule, if you look at it, there is not many Eagles easy games where they get their game scripts will be very positive. Last year they had a lot of things going in their favor where they were up. Barkley got a lot of carries, passing game got you know, you know, time me down, time me down a little bit, so to me, I think hurts. Aj Brown, I think is a great click in the second round, Like I have Drake London a little higher than him. But you know, either of those two I'd be throttle with. In the middle of the second round. DeVonta Smith. Where he's going. Is this another guy that makes a ton of sense and then hurts. You know, people are gonna say, well, he doesn't throw the ball, but he still has the rushing upside. He still has a touch bush. So you know where he's being drafted in these you know, pocket five quarterbacks that are being drafted. I love him all things considered, So I'm trying not to be a homer here, but you know, I like the passing game just slightly more than I like drafting. Barkley this year.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you are a Homer because it allows me to ask both of you guys this question get an honest answer. Who won the super Bowl last year?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do believe they won the super Bowl last year, and they did it in convincing fashion. I love the defense in Philadelphia. They hardly get to play because this running game keeps them on the sidelines. I don't under you say they won't be able to run the ball trip.
Speaker 4: Because they didn't say they won't be able to I just wait, they won't be able to.
Speaker 2: Run the ball. Finish the sentence to the effect of positivity that they that they experienced last year, and I don't think they're going to go away from that, and I think they will be successful. So I guess I'm just countering. I can understand why these other players should have better years. I mean, Brown's year last year would not warrant where he's being drafted here, and I can understand that he would have a better year. But you know, you, guys, I just don't think they're going to throw away that winning script. I think they perfected it.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're going to either. I just think the teams are gonna start game planning a little bit more like the Chiefs tried to do in the Super Bowl to take Barkley out of the game and make Hurt speat them. And it worked in the super Bowl and it will continue to work. But let's just call what it is. I mean, they Barkley was ridiculous last year and most people hated him going to the season. So you know, another year, another year going into another year, another year older. So it's I'm not saying I'm fading Barkley in any way, but I can see games doing more of a Kansas City game plan like they tried in a Super Bowl. Make Hurts beat them, and then if you know, if that works out, you saw what happened in the super Bowl, and all those passing game guys will be values where they're being drafted. Last year, I.
Speaker 2: Think all these Eagles without Barkley and Hurts as being your stack. I think the website you're going to be consulting is turps in Trouble dot com. And I don't want to say I don't I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: I think you're both kind of like I think I'm thinking how both of you are are are leading me here. I mean, Perrell, I'm with you. I think that the Eagles, they they understand how they win. They win games with Barkley, they win games on the ground, they win games by keeping the other offense off the field. But I also think Turp is right too. I just I don't think they're going to be able to do that two consecutive seasons close to the level that they did last year. I'm not a smart man, said for Eric Balkman, and I'll tell you I think that sometimes it just comes down to some regression to the mean. I can't explain it. I'm sure if I poured over documents and data and analytics, I probably find out reasons for it. This is why we have pros, because they can tell me how to think about it. But I just look at it from the sense of I think wanting to do what they did last year is the plan. But I don't know if they'll be able to execute the plan as well as they did in twenty twenty four. That's my take on it. And we'll see what happens. Obviously in what five weeks, maybe less than six weeks. I think it's right around five weeks.
Speaker 4: Right in Las Vegas. Can't wait. Yeah, I'm so ready for that Eagles.
Speaker 1: Cowboys Thursday night at Paris, which is going to be a lot of fun in Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: I want to get to our next guest here tonight. He is another multi league champion in the FFPC. He is drafting from the five spot tonight between Andrew Cooper and Connor Allen from four for four. Let's bring him on right now, Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome on to the HSFF our airwaves, mister Greg Link, Greg, welcome aboard, Thanks for joining us tonight. You are six rounds into this, about to be on the clock. How do you feel about this squad so far?
Speaker 11: Good evening, gentlemen. I'm feeling a little short changed.
Speaker 12: I had a bunch of guys that got sniped from me, you know, especially in the second round, coming back literally in a row. I wanted Thomas, I wanted Kittle, and I just couldn't get a thing. So I'm feeling okay. I feel like it's a safe team outside of Trevon Henderson. So you know, like I said, I'm going to try to try to go for some upside. I'm sure Turp would agree with that. I think my team needs a little bit of a little bit of juice.
Speaker 4: I love your team. I think your team got plenty of juice.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it. Yeah, but I got some got some ones I want to hit on later. So trying to decide right now. It's kind of a tough spot right now. You know, you almost feel like you need to go tight in right but kind of looking into the list and nothing's really sexy right now with Mark Andrews and you know some of them. So I think I'm probably gonna have to go back to running back here and go with Tony Pollard.
Speaker 1: Tony Pollard is the pick for Greg Link here at the seven h five, and this is your third running back that you drafted. Now, I will I'll push back on like I don't Jamior Gibbs. I mean, granted, maybe he's a safe pick, but he's an explosive pick. You mentioned Henderson is not being safe, and I think that's another explosive player. We already talked about AJ Brown and why he could be in for a big season. There's a big bounce back on Tyreek Kill right now. Greg that among the FFPC drafters that that maybe Hill was undervalued about a month or so ago, and now he's being properly valued. You have Chris Olave too, which people underestimate how good that guy can be, given how good he already has been throughout his career. He stays on the field. That could be a big pick. So I don't know, man like, Yes, there are some certain safe picks on this team, but I also think you have some explosive difference makers. That could be the difference between you getting a pair of socks from the KFFFC and a free FFPC main event this year too.
Speaker 11: I don't want to finish second, So yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: The best consolation prize ever is getting a pair of soxs apparel. You and you would mentioned the tight end and you went away from it just nobody you liked enough there that you could pull the trigger and just rather to build your running back up.
Speaker 11: No, yeah, no one that I feel great about. I've got some ones I want.
Speaker 12: I think I can wait a little bit now that you know, ask me around from now when two or three of those guys are gone and I'll be wishing I had taken one. But as of right now, yeah, I've kind of got them. Tiered a little bit and got two or three coming up that I think I can pick from that I think will get good production. But it's always so tough for me. I saw last night's draft. Fifth pick went to Ors just we first pick for the guy in my spot took Trey McBride, and I just I just couldn't see myself doing it, you know, obviously for Bowers, but he didn't make it that far.
Speaker 11: So kind of thought.
Speaker 12: About a couple of builds going into this and kind of got blown up within the first three or four picks.
Speaker 11: So it's gotta have to pivot and reroute.
Speaker 1: So Bowers you were hoping for, it didn't happen. McBride was too early. You mentioned getting sniped on some other picks, and I'm sorry if you mentioned who are the ones that you were hoping to get that didn't fall your way?
Speaker 12: Sure on the second round coming back, you can see Collins, Thomas, Kittle went one, two, three right before me, and I would have I had all those lined up. I actually wanted Kittle. Ideally didn't think that Thomas would fall or Nico would fall to me, so would have had a nice little quandary there if they all were there, But I mean, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 11: I've got a lot of good people in this draft.
Speaker 12: They know what they're doing, and like I said, the Joe's are not as good as the pros because they listen to them. They follow them every time, every day, every season. So you know, again, I think we're all kind of even right now.
Speaker 1: Getting getting back to the Pollard pick, Greg, what do you think the split is going to be like in Tennessee this year with a new quarterback in cam Ward? What do you think the split is going to be in that backfield between Pollard and Spears.
Speaker 12: I think we know that anytime you have a rookie quarterback, you want a tight end or a running back as they're like security blanket, right, And so for me, I do think I think it's going to be probably set Thy Spears is very valuable. I mean, he'd be a great late round guy to get He gets catches out of backfield, He's fast, you know, So honestly, I think Paulo seventy thirty, but I definitely think he has some upside because I think cam Wwoard's going to take his lumps and you know he's going to be handing the ball.
Speaker 4: Off a lot.
Speaker 1: Greg, how did you, because I know you you are not a heavy volume early drafting season drafter, how did you sort of prep for this pros versus Joe's draft tonight?
Speaker 12: Watching a lot of watching a lot of best ball videos also, you know, watching kind of the the rider and follower to the ADP, you know. So so for me, I mean, best Ball is not the main thing I do, but I do do it, and so honestly, it was just it's tough for me to draft.
Speaker 11: This early and know that my guys are going to make it that they're going to be healthy.
Speaker 12: I come out to Vegas every year for the first week and the football start, so I may, yeah, I do main events on the Thursday and also do do the bracket tournament as well, and so I like drafting literally a day before the season.
Speaker 11: So it's a little difficult for me because you know, Tyrek Hill, who.
Speaker 12: Knows you know, honestly, he could be arrested by the time the season starts.
Speaker 1: Chris A.
Speaker 12: Lobby's one sneeze away from not playing for the season. So I've got some issues, you know, that I'm concerned about. But hopefully my guys will make.
Speaker 1: It Greg one final question here and maybe two. We'll see if we get back to you here. Through seven rounds of this twenty round draft, you have three running backs, you have four receivers. Does this change the way that you handle the quarterback in tight end position the rest of the way?
Speaker 12: Absolutely? Absolutely, Yeah. I mean it's gonna come down to value. Obviously, he's gonna come down to the guys that I can see running back and receivers in the next couple of rounds. I got a bunch of guys that are earmarked, but I'm gonna have to go at some point in time for quarterback. But honestly, not too many have gone off the board, you know, in a while, so I feel like, you know, maybe I can wait a little bit on that. I want to get my strategy away, but you know, I might be able to wait on quarterback. But yeah, I'm gonna have to start loading up on tight end next two or three picks, you know, maybe kind of go back to back or two out of the next three picks being tight end, just to kind of get you know, some value there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Bart Starr, old Packers quarterback, used to say that he didn't start playing well in games until he got hit and knocked down a few times by the defensive linement. That's when he really picked it up. And I think, Greg, you have the advantage because you just said you're drafting live in Las Vegas in the Super Bracket tournament on the start of the day at the start of the NFL season. Now you've already been sniped several times. You've already been hit. So like when you're drafting live in Vegas, when there are no sleepers, when everybody's sniping everybody, I'm not going to bother you a bit because you're already in mid season four man correct.
Speaker 12: I will say the one thing that I will say that you benefit from drafting live is that people get nervous people, you know, over thinking people want their dudes and they go get him and they might reach. There are a lot of times value false especially in the early rounds. It's not just about middle and late. Yeah, you can obviously win there, but if you can, if you can get like I had Derek Henry fall to me in the second round last year in the main event when I was there in Vegas, and I mean I ended up being huge for me to win my league, and so, you know, I think it's it's really about fantasy IQ, right, It's about knowing who you draft against, the same dudes are in that super bracket tournament every Vegas.
Speaker 11: I know exactly who they are, I know exactly what they want.
Speaker 12: And so depending on where I am in the draft, that does dictate like do I need to reach for someone, Because if I've got someone on.
Speaker 11: Me my right, that's pretty smart. I might have to go a little early when I don't want to.
Speaker 12: If I have somebody that I'm like, yeah, he doesn't have any clue what he's doing, I might wait, you know, And so sometimes it works out, sometimes it does.
Speaker 11: But I think fantasy IQ is very important in drafts.
Speaker 1: Connor Allen is drafting next to you, Greg. He has taken four straight receivers. He is on neck. You're in the hole right now, tell us kind of and like, you know, feel free to keep you know to yourself what you want to keep to yourself here. But what's kind of going through your mind here is you're in the hole, two picks away from making your eighth round pick.
Speaker 12: So it comes down to what do I really want to reach for another running back or receiver right now, and all right, let's see what coo.
Speaker 11: All right, let's see what Connor does. That's gonna be. Yeah, some of the good.
Speaker 12: Kind of running backs like Scatterbow and stuff like that would be ones I'd like to reach for here. But you know, obviously that's not gonna happen. So you know, gonna have to pivot to one of the two positions I don't have yet.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 1: There you go, and that makes sense in Connor Allen, by the way, I said, he drafted four straight receivers. He took Lamb in the first round, so through seven rounds he's got five receivers. He does have the tight end. He's only got one running back. We'll see what he does here. But again, as I think Rob was tightening or Greg maybe I can't remember when it was, Coop was talking about this to start off, the starting lineup in this one quarterback, two running backs, two receivers, a tight end, and two flowers. Okay, you can go a lot of different ways. Now Connor Allen ends up going with another receiver here, loading up and uh pissing yellow. As Peter Roversett would say, he's got six wide receivers. Here you are now on the clock, Greg, four seconds to go. Let's go through your mind here, What's what are you thinking here?
Speaker 11: I'm gonna go tight end here.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna try to look for a tight end that's got, you know, not necessarily upside per se, but it's gonna be a solid play.
Speaker 11: Like I look at some of the ones out here now and.
Speaker 12: I'm seeing kin Kaid and you know, Johnny Smith, and I'm a Steeler fan and I'm not I'm not sold on that just yet.
Speaker 11: I don't care how good he looks in camp.
Speaker 12: So I think I'm gonna have to go for someone who I think has got, you know, got good upside, He's in a good offense.
Speaker 11: They spread the ball around. I think I'm gonna go with Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 1: Ferguson, there you go. Ferguson's gonna be interesting this year too, because I know there's a lot of people that are sold on George Pickens being the number two target getter in in Dallas. And like Lee Corso would say, not so fast, my friend, I think we got to remember there as well, especially in a tight end premium format, that could prove to be a very apprecient pick here by you, Greg, Greg Link. Ladies and gentlemen, Greg Will we'll send you off to let you enjoy the rest of the draft. Good Luck the rest of the way, good luck at drafting season, and we'll see you out at Paris in Las Vegas this September.
Speaker 11: Man, that sounds great, appreciate it. Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: That is ladies and gentlemen hanging out with us tonight on the High Stakes Fantasy Football over Farrel Elliott, Dave Chipoli joining me Eric Balkman for live coverage of Night two of the Pros Versus Joes. I was just gonna say regarding the tight end here, Farrell Ferguson was Greg's first pick. Sometime first tight end selection was Ferguson. You already had mcbriden, Kelsey, Drake, and Donnelly in the in the eighth spot from Fantasy points. They loaded up and got two tight ends within the first five rounds. Farrell, When you're drafting out at Paris and you're drafting FFPC drafts and you see somebody draft two tight ends before you have one, how much does that affect how you want to attack the tight end position.
Speaker 2: It likely is not going to happen because I attacked the tight end position very aggressively. I probably overplay a little bit for the position to get the first first one, and then if it falls to me, if they're later off the board, I'll quickly take the second one. And it's it's proved. It's proven to be in our FFPC format for me, such a nice crutch to lean on U to have the dual flex and to play both those players. So, because there's just so many wide receivers that that I love, and as you know, my favorite wide receiver hasn't even been drafted yet, so we're in no matter what. There's so there's so many wide receivers that it just I figure I can find those guys and uh so, but you can't find these tdeas.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I love Ferguson. He did not find the end zone last year. It came on these shows with Terp. One of the things Turp and I could agree on is that Ferguson would be a massive red zone target for Dallas. Last year. You never found the end zone, but he still fifty nine balls and he was he was not physically prepared to play a lot of football. So I think I think our mister link scored really big here.
Speaker 1: Clearly Joe van Goh watching the broadcast to night as he selects Michael Pittman as Joe at the nine. Good good job on him to get him there. We also had this comment from the fantasy soprano himself, Stephen de Grgalos, Dave, Team two and Team six is gonna beat each other up at running back in the second half, Turk, What do you make of that? That's Blair Andrews at the two spot. That's Connor Allen from the six spot. Both guys have hopped aboard with me on FFPC Insider Access. Really smart guys, obviously, they know what they're talking about. Their their choice in co hosting a show as maybe a little misguided that they would hang out with me for two hours, But I'd say their fantasy football chops are excellent. What do you make of Blair Andrews drafting six receivers in the first eight rounds and Connor Allen doing the exact same thing?
Speaker 4: Turn my favorite team so far? I mean, I think six is probably my favorite draft so far. I know, like the one running back thing. Obviously, Chase Brown, who who I love and will draft as much as I can. Those receivers I'm all a big fan of you know, you're talking about getting Lamb, getting more, getting Wild, getting Ridley Jennings, all favorites of mine, Jayden Reid. It makes a ton of sense. If you're trying to buy a packer, it's probably gonna be read Rock Perdy gives you the upside, gives you the stack with you know, with Jennings, I love what Team six did. Team two same, same, pretty much lockstep Jonathan Taylor. You know, if if Daniel Jones the quarterback is much better, getting Bowers is the elite tight end. Those receivers, you know, whether you like them or not, you know, they're all guys that have potential to break out. And then getting Jayleen Warren to start your running back two committee, it makes a ton of sense. There are two teams I think had great drafts so far. I approve both.
Speaker 2: I think Team two has the better receivers.
Speaker 4: I don't agree. I'm steedee Lamb.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: It's close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well okay, I'm sorry, Turp. Yeah, take c D. Lamb out of it. Go down here to the middle group of receivers that were selected.
Speaker 4: Would agree, Yeah, I don't know. I still probably take I'll still probably take Team six, but it's not by a lot.
Speaker 6: It's close.
Speaker 1: Look at the types of receivers that that Connor Allen is drafted here at six, like you have DJ Moore. He is in kind of a nebulous spot right like because of the addition of Luther Burden and Colston Lovelin and new coaching staff, and we know that the Bears had to talk to him about his attitude last year. I mean, I don't know what's gonna happen there. Jalen Wattle. I can tell myself the story of how that dude's a top fifteen receiver this year. I can also see him not finishing in the top forty. Ridley Brand new quarterback, how's his chemistry gonna work with Cam wod Juwan Jennings, same thing. I mean, all these guys have warts on this team.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I guess I could say the same thing about about Blair Andrews squad like JSN. Yeah, he's a third round pick and he's probably gonna pay off on that. But at the same time time, they fired the o C last year because he passed too much and they want to run the ball more, how does that affect Smith and Jigba Flowers. We already talked about Smith, We already talked about Jerry Judy. I mean, there's this ground swell for Cedric Tillman right now. Obviously Deontay Johnson there too, kind of gumming up the works. Romo Junez eight. I mean, I was just listening to Sean Siegal talk about this the other day, that this guy is in a could be in a high bust territory based on all the other pass catchers in Chicago this year.
Speaker 2: And then Downs.
Speaker 1: I think I think all three of us like Downs, but Farrell's obviously team Pittman. But okay, so so am I the only guy that likes Josh Downs.
Speaker 4: I think Downs is I don't mind Josh Downs, but I probably will pass on him more than most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think of the eighth round draft pick, the seventy catch guy with five touchdowns, and that's what I think he'll usually be through his career. And that's a great football player, but I don't think that's going to get it done for you to win this tournament. Pittman has a potential in the history of being one hundred cash receiver.
Speaker 1: So and so let me let me bring this up in pharall. I apologize Turp. We have not talked about this yet, but I know Farrell and I think Farrell and I did so. Michael Pittman year two in the NFL, eighty eight for one thousand, eighty two, year three, ninety nine for nine twenty five, year four, one hundred and nine for eleven hundred and fifty two, year five, sixty nine for eight aweight. But bear in mind he was playing last season with a broken back back, you know, and he and sixty nine.
Speaker 2: For eight awaight with a broken back.
Speaker 1: Pharal. If I have a broken back, I ain't moving for six months. Michael Pittman played a football season with a broke.
Speaker 2: In this format especially, you might want to take tough players, guys to play hurt. You know. It's it's availability, the greatest ability, and I got it.
Speaker 4: My easy answer with Pittman is there's no guarantee that Josh down is going to be on the field for the full time. They have a bunch of other guys are going to rotate in one thing that's almost guaranteed. Andrew Cooper said it perfectly is Michael Pittman is going to be out there one hundred percent of the time, so he's gonna have all the opportunities possible to be out there. Josh Downs, he's playing full time. Hey, the upside's there, but I don't see that day being here anytime soon. And we still have the Daniel Jones Anthony Richardson question out there. So to me, if I'm drafting a coult receiver, all things considered, where they're being drafted, it's Pittman for me.
Speaker 2: Ever, downs it could be a steal, you know, a ninth round pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying I'm not downgrading Downs, but to me, there's a lot more things that have to go right for downs, and there are catch.
Speaker 2: Guy and Boky. Based on the way you broke down the receivers here, well, this draft should have drafted some damn running backs, a tight end, and a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'm having some fun here because obviously we are in an area in the draft where everybody's got warts and and nobody. I mean, if these guys were perfect, they'd be second and third round picks, not eighth and ninth round picks. Turp let me ask you about Tillman. I just brought him up here there. There's some people really telling with you know, telling me i'd be a podcast or I'm reading about it on the internet. That not to sleep on Cedric Tillman with the Browns this year. This is after Jerry Judy just went ham on the rest of the league. After the trade to Cleveland last year, you have a really ambiguous situation at quarterback. What do you make of Cedric Tillman in the tenth round who went to the King Scott Engel from Rotoballer here.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of Edward Tillman. You know, he was a guy like coming out of college. You know, I really thought that, you know, once he got his footing in the NFL, he'd be, you know, starting to turn into a player. And you saw that little late last year. I mean he really became what you know, some people like myself thought he was going to be. The only question is is the Cleveland Browns who was playing quarterback? They're going to run the ball still, you know, their offense is not exciting. Joe Flocko was never going to start six, you know, seventeen games, and that's who everybody wants to start. So you got these rookies, you're like, you know, whether it's Gabriel, whether it's Kenny Picket, whether it's Shador Sanders, which is probably not gonna happen. You know, how do we have anything we could bank on with Tillman being that high upside guy that we look for. Is the possibility there? Yeah, Jerry Dewey's there and a joke, who's there? They're not going anywhere? So to me, you know, I like Tim him, but he used to be a little cheaper. He's starting to get up there where he starts. His name is starting to pop up in these puff pieces that we always see, and he's starting to get a little bit more expensive. I'll still have him. I saw have a ton early. But it's hard to get really excited about the Browns offense, even if Joe Flacco is the quarterback, and you know, dude, can they can? They can? Najoku, Judy and Tilman get there? I don't think.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you guys some one word answer on this question. Excuse me I'm getting for talking about the Cleveland Browns quarterback situation, which I'm sure they are too. I'm not going to ask you which quarterback it is? But how many games does the quarterback that starts the most games for the Browns this year start? In other words, whatever quarterback starts for most games, how many will it be this year?
Speaker 2: Is it four? Is it seven? Is it ten?
Speaker 1: Is a higher than ten? What do you guys say?
Speaker 4: My number would be ten, My number will be ten. I think Flacco gets there. I mean, I think he starts unless the only person I could see lee now Flacco is Dylan Gabriel. I don't see there being any guy. You know, Kenny Pickett is not winning that job. And if he does, world I.
Speaker 2: Mean Leyland bye week, Welke.
Speaker 1: Cleveland's bye week is nine nine.
Speaker 2: But let's I think Turp's got the right numbers. Then, you know, guys, just statistics football. We love we love Josh Down's skill set. I don't love his size, but I love his skill set. This has nothing to do with Pittman. But we go back to the Zay Flowers question that we had earlier, and you look up the stats last year and you say nothing was working right in the passing game there in Indianapolis. We'd all loves eight flowers as I do. Ian Down's put up largely the same stats, more yardage to flowers, but largely the same stats. So you know, I can't too much complain about Josh Dawns being picked four after or four rounds later.
Speaker 1: So guys, I want to bring this up. Drew de Luca chimes in coop with Engram in the seventh is so on brand and I'm here for it. Still giddy about getting him at the seven, twelve and the scott Fish Bowl. Drew de Luca also pointed out, and this is where I'm leading into my next question. Here, so many great picks here across the board, but I'll show some love to Team seven. Rubio, our good buddy, says, I like Herma Joe's team at seven as well. Now Team seven is Kyle Hoff and Ryan Heller. We haven't talked a whole lot about their squad tonight, but guys, what do you make of it?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: He gets Lamar or I should say they get Lamar Jackson at the three. They've kind of cobbled together this backfield starting in round five with Connor r J. Harvey and then Cam Ski and the receivers Justin Jefferson, Brian Thomas obviously those guys are elite, and then you get Xavier Worthy, you get Jakobe Myers, you get Khalil Shakir. There's some stability in the back of the last two wide receiver picks there, and then you got it. You wait until round ten to take Goddard, which we'll see what he does or what they do the rest of the way here. But team seven getting some love on YouTube right now.
Speaker 4: Turt not for me at all. It's not a structure that I love. I mean, you know, I love how he started with Jefferson, Thomas and Lamar. You know I love Worthy. You know that's a good pick. I don't mind the running backs and Connor and Harvey. But then after that, like your tight end position is extremely weak. You're way behind the ball, I mean, non homer or whatever you want to call it. Dallas Goddar, to me, is not a good pick. There's other guys that present more upside, Like what has to happen for Dallas Goddard to get there, Brown Smith to get hurt and the Eagles start throwing the ball more. That's a lot, a lot of things that have to happen for God to pay off, you know, being your your top tight end select.
Speaker 2: That was a theme last night, turp And, Uh that was that was a theme last night. And no one would jog on the boat with me on that. And I think it's just he's he's the he's the poor man's equivalent to George Kittle. I think George Kittle the greatest football player in the league, one of the top George League. He's not the greatest fantasy football player in the league. And then, you know, got it for different reasons. I love that team with what they they went out and did with Lamar Jackson. They're just a tight end short. That's that's you know.
Speaker 4: They're short in the running back room has a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'll talk about the running backs at a second here, but I want to throw this at you. Joe King just popped in YouTube with this. Let's take away the Jacoby Myers pick here and let's replace it with Mark Andrews. Now all of a sudden, Yeah, and you get that stack with Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews too.
Speaker 4: Makes a ton of sense. It would make the team totally different.
Speaker 1: All right, So so the running backs, turp and And, while I agree with you, in theory on this and first place is getting a free main event team, and with all due respect to the socks that Pharaoh will be providing for the second place team, I'm going for first. R. J. Harvey is the type of running back that, Yeah, Dobbins might affect him, but I could also see how he finishes in the top ten at running back this year. Cam Scattabu is another guy. I don't know what to make of this player, Like, I know what he did in college. I know athleticism isn't exactly one of his strong points, but sometimes athleticism doesn't matter. Some guys just have it, and he might just have it. I'm not saying he does, but I don't know what's gonna happen when he gets to the next level. I don't really have a good comparison for Skataboo, So what happens If he's a top twenty running back or maybe even a top fifteen running back this year, then all of a sudden that running back room looks a lot better.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that that's going to happen at all, but I can at least tell myself a story where this running back build makes a little bit of sense. Steph Miller chiming in on the same thing. She likes the layers of the running backs here, inter but you may not like it, but you can at least admit here that there is a path for this team.
Speaker 4: There's definitely a path. I mean, obviously you need, you know, a little bit more things right than the other teams that I like, but there's definitely a path to get there. I mean, I personally think that Drake maypick's a little excessive. We're talking about the tight end position. You have Lamar. You're banking on Lamar, and Lamar has to be the guy. He's easier god, but Drake may like, if he hits your lineup, you're probably at a deficit because.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's where you're right, Turp. I would have gone another tight end there. But let's say something that nobody's talking about. Khalil Shakier. There's one hundred catch wide receiver right there. Kh Khalil Shakir had the best improvement last year statistically, and he's going to put another time.
Speaker 4: I don't mind him where he's being drafted. He doesn't excite me. He's a hard click for me.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine terp what you don't like about this player. I just can't imagine, you know. Again, he's putting up the same numbers. He's back there, he's there with those Zay Flowers numbers and he you know you can't.
Speaker 4: I don't and won't have any z Flowers. So a Flowers is not a guy.
Speaker 2: That Okay, well let's stay on. Then that was just an example.
Speaker 4: I know you were talking about him earlier, so I wanted to correct yourself there. I don't drift you want.
Speaker 2: Guy, That's that's my thing, Pararell.
Speaker 1: It's a ninth round pick, you know, like like if.
Speaker 2: You just damn near, he's not going to hurt you there that we're all for hurt. He's he could deliver. He's going to outscore most of these wide receivers on this team.
Speaker 1: Except Buffalo was not a heavy passing team last year. They didn't have to be, and obviously James Cook ran pure most of the year. Ray Davis actually looked really good as well. Passing was never a huge part of the equation with Buffalo, similar to the same way of what I said with Philadelphia, where I don't think they can be as efficient this year. I don't think Buffalo can be as efficient as they were last year. Run the ball, which usually means good things for Shakir Pararell's good buddy Matt Collins no longer on the team and bow to replace that. They did, however, go out and add Joshua Palmer, and this is year two.
Speaker 4: I'll forget. Don't forget as well. You're forgetting somebody.
Speaker 1: Elijah Moore, Kincaid.
Speaker 4: Elijah Moore, no matter what, come on, man, Bobs, we don't ever give up on him.
Speaker 2: Bob Loan is.
Speaker 1: A big Elijah Moore fan. We talked with him about this last night too. I talked with him about it Thursday on the FFPC Insider accesshow which you can watch, by the way, on the Better Sports Network seven to nine each and every Thursday night year round. So he was talking abou Elijah Moore and you still have Kincaid there, so I could see it might just be a net net now, Farrell, one hundred receptions is tough for me to see.
Speaker 2: Eighty sure, ninety, I don't know.
Speaker 1: One hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to come to that. Oh I don't either, But well, you just said he's a hunter catch guy. He's a hundred catch guy.
Speaker 1: We're having some fun here tonight. I love it here as team seven back on the clock, guys.
Speaker 2: And I read that at turpsin Trouble dot Com. Everybody should go there.
Speaker 1: We got to get that RL tap dangerous.
Speaker 4: Stuff, dangerous stuff around the corner.
Speaker 1: Bill Hollywood chimed in, let's talk about the two joes at nine and eleven. We talked about Rob Thomasino's team earlier. I want to talk about Bob Bonapone's team here at the ninth spot. Bill Hollywood says, he that's one of the teams that he really likes. You're looking at filling out the quarterback room here round ten on. He's got Prescott McCarthy. I really like that. The running backs are Henry Walker, Robinson, Mason, Charbonnay Girndo. The one thing that I see with the majority of those running backs not a lot of catches, like a lot of in between the tackles, a lot of touches. Not a lot of catches in that running back room, which could be fine. The receivers are neighbors Wilson Pickens and that's it. So this is a this in Hockinson's obviously the tight end, so this is a team where he's gonna have to rely on some spike week wide receivers Farrel within the last eight rounds of the draft to supplement these target monsters and neighbors and Wilson and He's I would probably look at some some I mean, as weird as as it sounds, some were running backs. Just get a couple more upside running backs, and I think you probably need you definitely need to add one more tight end. The question is Farrel, do you need to add a third tight end on that squad?
Speaker 2: I think so. I think I would, especially if you're so light a wide receiver, you could And you know the tight end whispers favorite one from last year still out there, so if you listen to the show, you know who that is. And they're all somewhat interchangeable, So pick the one you like and try to get the stack that you're working with if you can. Yeah, Buky. Eventually those hundred cash receivers in the ninth round are going to run out, and I think that's we're.
Speaker 1: There, Turp. What do you make of those those running backs? Like again, I like Henry this year. I definitely like Walker. This year, Robinson, I've drafted in several Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship leagues. I've been talking of Jordan Mason, although I think I think I'm flipping back to Aaron Jones right now is the better guy because Mason is just shooting up the draft boards way way too high, and then I you know, he's locking up the Seattle backfield here with with Walker and Sharboney, this is an interesting collection of running backs for Bob Bonapone. Bob Bonapone at the nine spot.
Speaker 4: I really like his team. I love his receivers. I love Davers, Wilson and Pickens. It's just a little bit of an overkill at the running back position. I just feel like he drifted probably one maybe two too many. The Garrendo pick just seems a little bit excessive to me. You know, you could say whether you like Robinson, Mason or Sharpena one of those guys. To me, it's this a little too much. You got you got to mix the receiver in there, because realistically, if any of those receivers go down or you know, Hockinson just bus, this team could be you know, at trouble at the two positions, so restructor.
Speaker 2: I kind of see what he's doing here. He's got a Henry's gonna score for him every week, right, Henry's except maybe week one last year. So Henry's going to score for him every week. So he's picking out his number two. Out of that, he gets a number two running back to cout out perform most of the number two running backs, and then he's got a potential flegs out of these guys. So I, you know, this is a cool strategy. I like, and I would have done another tight end down here at the bottom, but yeah, why.
Speaker 1: Not Davis Maddock Jim Horasei, Jim, I'm apologize if I'm butchering her last name. Jim Horasey was watching us on YouTube tonight. So that Davis maddocks team has huge upside here. Let's look at Davis's team from the twelve spot, and there are some interesting picks here. You got Allen and Goff at quarterback. He gets Josh Allen with the first pick in the fourth round. The backfield is led by McCaffrey Hampton. He does get Dylan Sampson here in round eleven, which we'll talk about in a second regard Quinn Shawn Judkins. And then the receivers are a Monross, Saint Brown, Rashie Rice, Jamison Williams, Matthew Golden, a Mecha Gukap tight ends are Andrews in Loveland. Here's what I love about this team specifically, just just looking at it right now. McCaffrey injury risk, a Monross Saint Brown off season knee surgery, Omarion Hampton, Naji Harris, Rashie Rice, suspension, Jamison Williams potential trade guy after the season. We don't know how he's going to be used. Matthew Golden could disappear in a sea of Packers receivers and Mechaguka rookie along with Evans and Godwin Colston Loveland shoulder surgery. Dylan Samson, second running back drafted by the Browns.
Speaker 2: Jared Goff.
Speaker 1: The team was out of control last year and he only finished his quarterback nine.
Speaker 2: You know what I see.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of misfit toys, and I see a guy who is gunning for first place. This guy hates your socks, Barrell, because he has all this year with to draft this dominant team to not only win this league, but if everything goes right, he could be the number one overall pros versus Joe's champion as well. So Madick drafts without fear, and terp shouldn't we always draft without fear?
Speaker 4: One thousand percent. He's exactly doing exactly what you said. He's going for first and if it doesn't work, guy, he's probably gonna come in twelve. And at the end of the day, who cares because he's drafted. I mean, if he gets CMC from the past, I mean, he wins this league. You know, Saint Brown, if if that knee surgery is not anything you gotta worry about, He's getting the best quarterback in some eyes in fantasy football. If a mari and Hampton and naj Harris, you know, off season turmoil stuff. He takes that job early and then the receivers. I mean, if he could just survive until where she Rice gets his two or four game suspension, I love what he did in this structure. I would not do this structure in like a main event or a gorilla draft or something like that, because to me it's a little bit too risky. But in this format, absolutely it's probably the most you know, all in type of drafted that I've seen in the first two drafts, of just going for it because if it doesn't work out, who cares?
Speaker 2: It's not her. I wish she would come on and tell us that, tell us if that was intentional. I'm sure it was.
Speaker 4: He an extremely smart guy. He's been getting a lot of crap on Twitter I've seen in the last week or so, but he's you know, he's an intelligent guy. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: You know, if you don't have haters, you're not doing it right an percent.
Speaker 4: If you don't have haters like all these people to come on and troll them. Hey, he does good work. Those guys over there, they're very good at what they do. And you know, he drafted a good team tonight. Whether it comes in first doesn't really matter because he went for it and it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, oh well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just looking at this too. With with Golf and Monross, Saint Prown that's a nice little stack to have too in your back pocket. And James Williams and James and Williams great points t if I missed that as well. So that's something that that I think Davis whether I mean, I'm sure there we go and he's having a great draft. There's a pick we had Scott Engel had three tight ends through twelve rounds. We had Davis Maddick draft three tight ends through thirteen rounds. Farrell, if your draft, think in a twenty round best ball a league, is there a specific spot where you like to have three your third tight end on the roster by or does it? Does it kind of depend upon team construction.
Speaker 2: I don't know in this format, I would draft four tight ends just four?
Speaker 1: Kurp, What about you?
Speaker 4: It depends where you're drafting, Like if you're draft in the middle of the road guys, I think it's three maybe four, But it really just depends on like if you can get Hunter Henry it's your third tight end.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 4: Or if you really want to wait and take an upside guy like an Ronde Gatston or Ferguson or something like that. Theo Johnson guys like that to have some upside to him. But you know, especially in this format, like it makes total sense if you get a zero who cares like it is what it is. But if you hit one of these guys, I mean, like like Andrew said he was on the show earlier. You're upside and you're really taking it. You're taking the advantage away from a lot of the guys in the draft if you're taking one of these guys later, like you know, like I said, Ferguson, you know Gadsden, Theo Johnson, just a name a few know of guys who are getting drafted here late that could really, you know, give you leverage against everybody else.
Speaker 2: And the Whisper kind of put a put a pin in that Tucker crap balloon to a degree. You know, he's been so on. I just see's so good with it. He called last year. I'd like when we when we're getting back, I'd like to know, you know, who's this year's hunter, Henry.
Speaker 1: We have to keep watching to see what Coop does in the final seven rounds here, because he's got Ingrams one tight end, but nobody else since then. By the way, I'm gonna get to Coop's team in a second. I just want to point out Davis Maddock's haters apparently not fans of the high stakes fantasy football are, because he's getting nothing but love here. You got Joe King. Davis is our guy, Alex P. Keaton Davis is a good guy. Tom Smith Team twelve which is Davis Maddock reckless drafting, gotta love it. And then of course Steph Miller Davis Team blanks. She means it in a good way.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's let we go.
Speaker 2: If we go off the grid of the twelve teams and go over to uh, our guest in the in the chat room. I got to point out to you, bulky and into you turb He was on fire last night and he's even better tonight. Adam han Is. Adam Han's over here, back in a thousand. Just smart keeps coming out. You know, the Adam Han.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows, very smart guy.
Speaker 1: You know what also is great about Adam is his YouTube profile picture. You got to take a guy like that pretty seriously. I got it up on the screen right now like.
Speaker 5: Some guy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: And okay there all.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah you got me. I'm sorry, you're a little darker, but you're back now, hold on, hold on, there we go. Okay, So, yeah, Adam han Is. This is not like some sort of dancing Jeff or anything like that. This is a serious man who takes his fantasy football seriously. By the way, Jim HERESI also pointing this out too that Davis Maddeck an upcoming father as well, So congratulat. Yeah, absolutely good stuff from Davis. So here's what I wanted to bring it back to Kop's team. Guys, Parrol, I'm gonna throw this one to you first. I absolutely love waiting until round nine. And maybe this is because I'm a big Cardinals fan this year, at least for fantasy goes, But waiting until round nine to get the seventh quarterback off the board Kyler Murray, and then you follow that up with last year's QB four in Baker Mayfield. Now, I understand there's probably some regression coming from Mayfield. I understand that what he did from an efficiency standpoint last year is probably not going to be able to be duplicated or come close to be duplicated. But I still think he's good. And when you're taking him in the tenth round, I don't think it really matters. He doesn't have to be quarterback four at that point, he doesn't have to do what he did last year. And when you get Murray and Mayfield back to back in rounds nine and ten, as your one and two quarterbacks. I think that's fantastic drafting from Coop here tonight, Perrel.
Speaker 2: I understand Mayfield. I like it very very much. That's that's who I'm considered a number one quarterback. I'm still a mystery on Murray and even just laid in the draft. I like some of the other guys better, but Mayfield, Uh, who have who? In our f f PC main event, I've never been a drafter of you know, he's coming to his own and I was very pleased to see how he played last year.
Speaker 1: It's hurted three straight new offensive coordinators for for Tampa went from Canalis to Cohen and now to what's his name, Grizzard. I want to I want to say Gizzard King Wizard, Kris Wizard and the Gizzard Wizard. Yeah, he is going to be there. Any any concern about a third different offensive coordinator.
Speaker 6: For three concerned?
Speaker 4: I mean, but Baker Mayfield seems they have figured it out now in the NFL obviously I paid. You know, his career in Tampa has been a resurgence, great story overall because people hated him when he drafted it got drafted number one, totally flopped in the Browns really didn't figure it all out. But now he's a top ten quarterback in the league, no matter what anybody tries to tell you. And they have a ton of a ton of guys there a ton of weapons. Whether it's Guywan, whether it's Evans, whether it's a Mecca, whether it's Jayleen McMillan, whether it's Katt and Bucky Irving, Rashad White. That team is poised to make a run the defense holds up. I don't know, it's hard to see. Will there be an aggression? Do I think he's gonna come in the top five this year now? But I still think he finishes comfortably in the top He's a QB one at the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Mike Evans is the best friend he's ever met in the Cup.
Speaker 4: He always finds a way to get him the ball.
Speaker 2: He's fantastic. Yeah, it's and you know Loug Koop's team the last player that he drafted Shaheed. You know we talk about spike players in Best Ball competition. Shaheed certainly fits that description.
Speaker 1: Guys, Terp, I have to ask you this because will Shipley has been picking up a lot of steam ever since. Like I would say, like Dynasty rookie draft season, I saw this guy available on a lot of waiver wires and people were scooping him up in the third and fourth rounds of rookie drafts. What do you make of Shipley in Philadelphia this year? And presented without context, I'm just gonna say Barkley was out of control with his usage last year and how much he had the shoulder. What do you how are you handling? You a guy who's who's definitely in touch with the Eagles more than anybody I know, How do you handle Will Shipley in drafts?
Speaker 4: Taking Will Shipley makes one hundred percent sense. You're looking for that high upside type of potential. You know, Barkley's usage last year was ridiculous, and let's just say that's notwithstandable. You know, it's not back to back years of that kind of us. This is not something we see that often. You know, there's definitely gonna some wear and Terry. He's getting up there in age. He just won a super Bowl, so you know the Super Bowl hangover quote unquote, Yeah, I know, Saquon Barkley's a different breed. He's a beast, and I get all that stuff. But I don't see the Eagles, especially early in the season, just absolutely killing him like they did last year. Shipley and the corpse of AJ Dillon is going to be around. I think Shipley has enough juice to take that job. There is a little bit of worry that they might add a veteran if he doesn't take it early enough, because you know Barkley, you know, the carries that he got last year, he's not getting this year. So I love Shipley this year. He's a guy that where he's being drafted, you know, right around these other guys, you know for Shot Smith, the Roshawn Johnson's they all have potential upside. These are the guys you should be taking these in these spots right here because hopefully nothing happens to stake Bon Barkley. But if for whatever reason it does, you're talking about the best offense in football getting a guy like Will Shipley, it could be a league winner type of situation. AJ Dillon ain't that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know if AJ Dillon makes the team either too. That's the other time.
Speaker 4: That's what worries me, because if AJ Dillon doesn't make the team, there might be that veteran guy that the Eagles bring in as like the backup to Saquon Barkley if they don't think Shipley can handle the job. That's the worry with Chipley is he's just an afterthought because they bring in a veteran for nothing. Who gets cut. I can't think of anybody off the top of my head, but there's plenty of guys out there that makes sense that they could just put in there and Chipley gets pushed out. But I think he takes a job. I think he has enough juice to where it's worth where he's being drafted to take shots.
Speaker 1: This just in spotted at a local cheese steak joint in downtown Philly was Leonard Fournette tonight. So you never know.
Speaker 4: Anything, Big Lenny, Big Lenny.
Speaker 1: I want to get to our next guest before we do. Uh, let me let me throw this at you. Farrell team one who auto drafted the first three picks, which we didn't care about because we thought they were strong picks there. But then they they got in and they have drafted a team where they didn't take a tight end until round eleven, but now they have three of them on their squad. You got Darren Waller, who is taking the place of JANEU Smith in my you have Elijah Royal who is now the beneficiary of a Seattle tight end room that no longer has no offen, and now zach Ertz, who's competing with a somewhat underwhelming ben Sonnatt so far. And I know sinats young and this could be a big leap forward for him. But with the McLaurin contract situation going on right now, if Fat Deebo shows up in Washington this year, maybe Ertz is gonna be worth more than what a lot of people are projecting here. Pharaoh, what do you make of Team one not taking a tight end until round eleven? But now having Waller, a Royal and Ertz in that.
Speaker 2: Room, it wouldn't be my strategy that I like what they came up with. And you know I talked about having four tight ends. If I'm ever in this situation, let me see your fourth guy, Fellas. But you know, zach Ertz did more last year than what we expected him to do, and that's gonna have to happen here again. Rookie tight ends is not anywhere I want to I want to put my eggs in that basket and God blessed Aarren Waller. That's that's definitely a shake up the dice and make a long shot bet.
Speaker 1: The person we want to bring on right now just made a pick of Sam Darnold in the fifteenth round. He's going to be up again here fairly quickly. You read all of his work on Rodoballer dot com. This is a guy who's been around the industry forever. He has forgotten more about fantasy football than I'll ever know. The first time the FSWA did a Hall of Fame induction, he was part of that class. This is a guy that you hear him on Serious X on Fantasy Sports Radio. You read his work on the Athletic as well. You follow him on the X at Scott E.
Speaker 2: The King.
Speaker 1: Mister Scott Engel from Rotoballer joining us tonight, Scott, Good evening and welcome. How you doing.
Speaker 13: Good to see you, my friend, Thanks for having me and good to be on with you.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Well, we are excited to have you on fifteen rounds in What do you make of your team from the ten spot?
Speaker 13: My friend, I'm just you know, I got the two running backs I like for most upside. Uh, but I wanted to give one one of the top four quarterbacks. I was gonna get him, and I connected Daniels with McLaurin. I'm noticing in a lot of drafts that you know, you have real value on rookies. So I like some of the value that I've gotten on rookies, and I still have some of my queue.
Speaker 1: So you're on the clock shortly. You're on deck right now, Rob Thomasino's gonna be picking right now. You already have two quarterbacks in your squad. You have the three tight ends that we talked about earlier. You have six receivers, four running backs. You are now on the clock. Scott, take us through the thought process of your sixteen oh three pick.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 13: Uh sixteen oh three maybe just best player left on the board. And uh, right, but right now, I do have DeAndre Swift, who I believe is gonna be ticketed for a big year or so I'm gonna take the rookie running back that's that's gonna back him up just in case, because I think he could be a goal line guy and maybe go ahead of Roshawn Johnson there.
Speaker 1: So Johnson ends up going in the fourteenth round, Scott, I'm kind of curious if Johnson would have been there. If you had your choice between Johnson and Manongay, would you have still a picked manong guy?
Speaker 13: Yeah, because again, you guys know this is high stakes. You gotta know what upside. Moshawn Johnson doesn't have any fantasy upside Monga guy does. So every time, you know, I get into a best ball, you know, like this, you know you really got to swing for the fences. So I know some people didn't like my Cendric Tilvin pick in the tenth round in the chat room, and I appreciate them comment, you know, good or bad, but you know, to me, he had the most upside if any player I wanted at that point. And you know, you just got to tune out what people say, although you respect it.
Speaker 1: Scott Engel, who who had a former top twenty overall finish and pros versus Joe's in twenty twenty three, looking for bigger and better things here this season, and you know you talk about upside, Well, there's some upside with this Washington connection that you had drafted in the third round.
Speaker 2: Here you end up getting McLaurin at the three ten.
Speaker 1: You pair him with Jayden Daniels at the four h three. Scott, was that part of the thought process, like I'm gonna get McLaurin here and I'm gonna grab Daniels on the turn to get this this stack going right away? Was that what you were thinking.
Speaker 13: I wasn't actively thinking of this because it's any good drafter and everybody here, especially in the chat room, good drafters. You know you have to go with the flow. I wanted mclauren. There are some people down on McLaurin. It doesn't make sense to me. He's coming off his best season playing as with the best quarterback of his career. And I said, look, I know I never get sniped, okay, because I'm always ready with like three or four guys. So look my guy, because I got four or five of them sitting there. And so I said, if Daniels is there when I come around, I'm going to take him because the top two quarterbacks are already gone. And if I can walk myself into a connection there, I will. If it doesn't happen, I'll pivot to another direction.
Speaker 2: I like your tight end selections here that obviously you like big athletic tight ends all these guys have a great deal in common, and I'm impressed with that group. I wonder if you were tempted we just finished talking about Ertz. I wonder if you were ever tempted to add Ertz since you were building this Washington stack. So I was just curious about that.
Speaker 13: Not really because at this point, you know, I appreciate your comment, you know, knowing the good reputation you do have. Well, Zach Art, there's not upside to me. You know, it's this guy like he's admirably he is an NFL player, still going towards the end of his career. But you know, I went Tucker Craft, who could break out? Brighton Strange could be a sleeper and there's still one tight end I haven't like you that nobody took yet. Maybe he's a lace sleeper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, Scott, I want to bring this up because we haven't talked about this at all, and I was thinking about this today and maybe I'm just overrating it. What do you make of this Ricky Piersoll injury strain the handstring in May. Now he's on the the acted NFI list or whatever, which he can be taken off at any time. I know it's still July twentieth, But this is an injury that happened like two months ago. You drafted him in the seventh round tonight, So it doesn't sound like you're concerned with this hamstring at all from peersaw.
Speaker 13: No, because you know it's it's still July. He's got a lot of time to recover. Even this early, you're gonna see people getting bumped down because of injuries and potential suspensions, and that's where you get value.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 13: I think it's between Piersoll and Jennings to really prove themselves. Y Auk is out and one of them is gonna get pushed forward more based on how they do early in the season, and it's either gonna be Pier Sola Jennings. It will get played out on the field.
Speaker 1: Talking with Scott Engel, you can read his work at Rotoball, or you hear him on Sirius X and Fantasy Sports Radio and check out his work on the Athletic as well. As he is drafting tonight, ladies and gentlemen from the ten spot next to Rob Thomasino and Bob Bana Pone the FFPC, Joe's drafting their Scott is drafting right between him. You're coming up on your seventeenth round pick. Brenton Strange and Travis Hunter interesting Jacksonville players there. How does Strange fit in with Thomas and Hunter this year?
Speaker 2: Scott?
Speaker 13: I think you know the other guys are spectacular downfield players. This is somebody Trevor Lawrence has to do it this year because if he doesn't do it this year, is.
Speaker 2: Never gonna do it.
Speaker 13: So, you know, Strange is the guy that I think may them comfortable say, Okay, we don't need to have an ingram. He showed us enough and you got to have you know, every good quarterback's got to have a reliable chain over, and I think that's the kind of guy that's Strange is.
Speaker 1: Mh which makes which makes perfect sense at least to me. Here, guys, we are coming up on our Scott, we're coming up on your pick. Here, it looks like you are in the hole right now. A well balanced team. How important is balance in a competition like this where granted you're going for first place, so you can be heavy and strong in one area and that can't carry you. But I don't know, sometimes I like to be balanced. So when the value falls to me, I can grab it. Do you ever think about that?
Speaker 13: I certainly think about balance because because and here comes to tight end that I was talking about that, I have Hulster. Uh, let me just take him right there, Okay, THEO Johnson and yeah, and uh that's my fourth tight end. What you said about you lik and have four t I exactly agree with you. I agree with you. Yeah, I like to have balance because you never know who's gonna get injured. Uh, and you got to take the best players available for upside periods. So I agree with you. You know, when I when I'm drafting, I carefully evaluate balance throughout and talking about how I never get sniped. I know it's arrogant, but it's just the truth. I had Roman Wilson and THEO Johnson and Mike Queue, and when Wilson got taken right ahead of me, I didn't say, oh, you took my guy right ahead and took THEO Johnson because I couldn't decide between the two of them. And sometimes the person ahead of you help helps you make the decision.
Speaker 2: And somewhere all the fantasy sopranos are smiling, Yes.
Speaker 1: Exactly as as THEO Johnson that Steve already made it clear. I Steve already posted in the chat with Theo Johnson and I said, Steve, I know you're not in this draft, but somehow I thought you would still find a way to draft Leo Johnson here tonight. Didn't happen because Scott got him. The King Scott angele Scott. If anybody wants to read more of what you're doing or listen to you, where what's the schedule like for you right now? For football season?
Speaker 13: Betting stuff? You can find on Advanced Local, which is New Jersey dot com, Cleveland dot com, Al dot com, Oregon Live, Uh, get around, et cetera. Uh just want to take my next pick here fire This upside rookie from the Titans could end up to be a staughter' That's what I'm saying about rookies. You know you could just pick them off late. So Advance Local also post Roodobowler dot com, where I've been for seven years and I love it. Uh the Athletic. I've been the official fantasy rider for Seahawks dot Com, the official side of the Sea Hawks, since twenty twelve, so you can always come to me with Seahawk questions. If anybody has any and also serious XM Fantasy Sports Radio Wednesday mornings six to seven am and Sundays four to six pm.
Speaker 2: Do you like the Seahawks rookie tight end?
Speaker 13: I like him a lot. There's some talk about maybe splitting him out as an X receiver, A lot of people asking, oh, with JSN and Cup, you know who's gonna play on the outside. You know, you look at the Rams past offenses. They run a lot to the inside. You know, you could see Royo on the outside with Marquez Valdez scantling. You know, I think they're gonna do some interesting stuff Offensively. He's in great prospects. He's just gotta stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Do you play the auction format at all?
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 14: I didn't last year, but I definitely enjoy it. I can see you being hell in the auction format. I guess that was yeah. You shake things up very quickly.
Speaker 13: Then, well, I do a lot of baseball actions, so football comes naturally to me.
Speaker 2: Scott.
Speaker 1: Final question Sean Green and the YouTube chat. AJ Barner at tight end obviously probably the second guy to Arroyo right now. Anything with him for fantasy this year that we need to be knowing.
Speaker 13: About super deep Sleeper maybe to watch you know, a Royo. Unfortunately, durability is an issue, but I think they release fan because they really like what A Royal showed them last season. So, you know, deep Sleeper, you want to you want to take him in a very deep draft like this one. You know, I'm totally fine with it.
Speaker 1: We are always totally fine with any advice, fantasy betting whatever from Scott the King Angle the King of Queens of New York joining us tonight here que there you go. Absolutely yeah, Scott E the King on X. We will continue to listen to you on Serious X. Check out everything you're doing for Advanced Local Rotoballer and of course the Seahawks website as well. Be good, my friend. Enjoy it the rest of the way and we'll talk with you again real soon.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 13: I'll be in FFPC Dynasty Player probably for the next seventy years.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Scott. We appreciate that. That is Scott Engel the King from Rodo Baller. Tonight, guys, I want to get into one final guest here tonight and did we save the best for last? I'm not gonna rank him, but I'm just gonna tell you that this guy has won one hundred and sixty two FFPC leagues over the course of his career. That is one, that is six, that is two. I've done a few shows at them over the years. A really talented guy, a really smart guy, and he's going to class up the joint for the last couple of rounds. Here, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome in drafting from the three spot tonight, the one, the only, the Pride of Canada. Joe Van Go, Joe, welcome in tonight. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Guys, missus, this is exciting to have you on always and we get you when you're on the clock here to take us. Tell us what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 6: I'm between well a couple wide receivers here, so I'm just gonna rip it on one of these three guys, double check if there's a stock available. There is not, so mhmm. We're on the clock, We're on live. Let's take Brown.
Speaker 1: I love that I've been drafting Dianmi Brown a lot in basket balls this year. I think he's an underrated player for sure. We'll talk about him in a second, Joe, let's let's wide scope your team so far. You end up going with Barkley at the three. Obviously a hotly contested offense that we talked about tonight. We're the Philadelphia Eagles. You show no fear, which is I think the way to draft. In drafting Barkley at the three, you know the workload concerns, but you also realize that this could be a potential league winner even at the one oh three. Tonight, how difficult of a decision was it to say I'm gonna take Barkley over Beijon Robinson here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was actually a tough decision, but in the end, I had to stick to what I think is most likely, and I just think the Eagles are gonna likely win, you know, between like twelve and fifteen games, and they're going to be a dominant force. Again. Offensive line is strong, Saikwon Barkley doesn't look like he's lost any steps, so I'm of course banking on him being healthy. But I think you could point at most running backs in this range and if if they get hurt, you're going to be in trouble regardless. So I'm going to go with Saikwon Barkley there.
Speaker 1: Joe Sag your first running back obviously Barkley. Your second one was Breece Hall, and we've seen a bit of bounce back in ADP with Brice Hall lately. Can you talk a little bit about what you see happening in New York this year? Is it Okham's rains or sort of like how you described like most obvious answer is Hall leading them in touches, leading them in carries, and Isaiah Davis and Braylan Allen are sort of afterthoughts what kind of a year is Breece halland for in twenty twenty five with a new head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterback.
Speaker 6: I would like to think Davis as an after I do like Braylan Allen as a young running back in Dynasty especially, But I do think Bryce Hall has the explosiveness to potentially lead the league in rushing if he gets enough carries. Potentially he has that corollary with the quarterback who creates the rushing threat that opens up the rushing lanes. I think in the third round here you're baking in the risk of the Jets offense not being all that good. And I also think Hall's pass catching profile. While maybe fields may or may not throw it to him as much as I'd like, I do think his history of catching balls is really strong and he could be a great checkdown option for fields as well.
Speaker 1: Joe, you drafted Laporte in the fifth round. I believe you were the second team to double up at the position. You end up taking Dalton Kincaid as the tight end twelve here tonight. This was at the eight ten. Why did you feel the need number one to double up on tight ends within the first eight rounds and then number two to make Dalton Kinkaid your second guy.
Speaker 6: Well, I probably didn't like my other options at running back and wide receiver when I made the choice. I do like Dalton Kincaid given that I don't see a whole lot other you know, other real threats in Buffalo. I think Kincaid has a room to improve. I think he was hurt last year and he does have the profile to potentially take a big step forward. He was being drafted and I think the second third round last year like really high and I think his upside is bigger than where I got him here, so I was happy to pick him, especially in a best ball league. I don't have to decide what weeks to play him, and I do think the Bills are going to run the ball a lot and that'll be problematic for Kincaid. But I think that's priced in here.
Speaker 2: There's nowhere to go but up, and you're right, it's priced in.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get any worse than last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, right man, dead right. The proverbial dead camp bounced. Joe Vango will come.
Speaker 1: Here, Joe, the first nine rounds, you were SAMs quarterback. At the point you drafted Fields in the tenth round. Here at the ten ten, did you you made up your mind like, Okay, I'm drafting Fields here. I'm going to get at least two more guys.
Speaker 6: I do lean late round quarterback once we get to the tenth. I have a bit of a bias towards Fields. I've been a big fan of his in Dynasty. I had too much of him, unfortunately as value dropped. But he's had a bounce back, obviously signing with the Jets and having at least hopefully a one year window to reprove himself. He's proven to be a great fantasy asset, not a great real life quarterback asset. But I'm hoping he can figure that out. But in this case, I think he's going to get hopefully seventeen starts, and we've seen what he does when he starts. He runs the ball a lot, he can scramble for big touchdowns, and he creates big plays out of nothing. You almost hope he settles down a little bit from that townpoint in Dynasty, But for this particular league, I'm just hoping he gives me twelve great startuple weeks.
Speaker 1: Here, Joe, the pick of Brandon Ayuk in the eleventh round, what's your expectations? What are you going to get out of that pick? When does that start paying off?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it week five? Is it week eight? Is it later? Obviously I think you're a little bit more bullish than on Ayuk that I am, but maybe rightfully. So what's your expectation for what type of season he's going to have coming off this injury?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was a conversation earlier, of course about Jennings against pearsall. I feel like in the eleventh round I could easily out, you know, outshoot both of those guys once he comes back. I've heard conflicting things over the last couple of months through the summer, heard a couple of really positive reports, heard plenty of negative ones. Not sure what to believe exactly, but I do believe in Ayuk's talent. Again, from a dynasty standpoint, I think he's a really talented player, and I don't think that you know, Jennings, while he was fantastic last year, he doesn't have the pedigree. And with Piersall there's the injury history or the recent injury history, I mean more more more concerning. And then also so the question about whether he's actually good or not. So I think I've proven that he's a good player, and he was one of the most improved players from when he came out. He got benched right away and then he ended up earning the coaches trust, and I think he's actually a really good player. So if he's healthy, I think he's a pretty good bet to actually score more points than the other two guys.
Speaker 1: So the other thing I want to ask you about regarding the Cleveland running back situation. Tonight we talked about Dylan Samson. He went in the eleventh round. Tonight, you get your own board in the fifteenth what's your best guess on how this again. If there's anything more confusing about the Browns and their quarterback situation, it's now their running back situation because of Judkins. How is this going to work out? What are you foreseeing this season and how you're handling the Browns running backs at the moment.
Speaker 6: It's definitely confusing. I kept watching Judkins fall and even as soon as a week ago, I would have probably picked him a round or two sooner. Now things to just seem to be so unclear about where he's going to land.
Speaker 2: Sampson.
Speaker 6: I like his profile, good speed, good profile, content, We can catch the ball a little bit. I think he's got some talent and he could potentially break out. But Jerome Ford is kind of like old reliable. He's been on the team. He can catch the ball. He's a guy that the coaches trust, and given the uncertainty with the rookies, I could see him starting the year and even playing eight to twelve games as sort of the you know, fifty five percent guy, and that would be huge in the fifteenth rounds. So even if he's getting thirty to forty percent of the touches, you know, over the course of the season, scores me some touchdowns, and at that point in the draft, I think he's a pretty good value.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the draft, it has come to an end with Joe Van Goo utilizing his final pick on Colt's wide receiver Alec Pierce. A good best ball choice here tonight, especially if if we get anything out of the quarterback position in Indianapolis that could pay off in spades. Joe, this this is so great that you joined us tonight. Congratulations on another successful draft. Are we going to see you out in Paris in Vegas this this fall in September?
Speaker 6: It looks that way. Yeah, unless something pops up with work, I should be there. Yeah, yes, exactly, trust me, I'm avoiding those as much as.
Speaker 2: It could be the best draft draft in the room too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it could be, could be my marriage anniversary. Otherwise I want to be in Vegas, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not much is going to get in the way of that.
Speaker 1: Joe, Thanks a lot, man, Best of luck to you the rest of the drafting season, and we'll see in September.
Speaker 2: Dude, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Guys appreciate it absolutely. That's Joe van Go. Ladies, gentlemen, the one hundred and sixty two time FFPC champion, and I'm not making that number up. I went out and counted myself.
Speaker 2: I made sure of it, guys, Canadian numbers, that's true, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: We have come to the end of night two of Pros versus Joe's and this is a bloodbath tonight. I mean, Adam Hahn was talking about this like we got to give updates on this specific league throughout the season. It was a fun one. It was cutthroat, was awesome. It was everything we wanted it to be. And if there's any draft that could top it, it might be tomorrow's. And I know I'll have you guys at my side here for tomorrow night's draft as well. Until then, kfffc dot com is where to check out Farrell's Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championships at Dave Turp on the X for the fourteen time FFPC League winner there as well. Guys, excellent analysis, great job tonight. Let's do this again at ten o'clock Eastern time tomorrow.
Speaker 2: See you guys. You got it.
Speaker 1: That is Dave Tripoli, that is Farrel Elliott hanging out with us tonight on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, A live show of Pros Versus Joe's Night number two, and that will complete our program tonight. Remember, the HSFFL normally airs Friday nights, ten ninth Central live on YouTube X and Facebook. We have on demand streaming available probably about two different podcast networks as well, So if there's a podcast network out there, chances are we're on it and you can watch or listen to us there. FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament. Oh I just remembered, I have to commission the midnight draft tonight, So if you want to jump into that, please feel free. That one will start in about seventy five minutes. And if you enter that, you're not only entered into the million dollar grand prize for that tournament three und fifty bucks to enter, fifty dollars discount on every third team. You're eligible for the midweek Mayhem, which means you will get an entry into the drawing that we're gonna do Friday morning for three free f FPC Big Gorilla teams. So draft early draft often it starts tonight, it goes through Thursday. You'll be eligible for that drawing if you draft in the FFPC Big Gorilla. Of course, the Seven Bananas promo live as well. If you want to win a free Jungle SAPARi for four, you don't even have to be a good drafter, just enter it, and if you keep getting that seven pick multiple times in a row, we're going to hook you up with free teams and potentially a Jungle SAPARi f FPC main event as well. The early draft slot deadline is July twenty seventh. That's a week from yesterday. Get your team squared away by then, and you'll have your draft slot by August third. That's a potentially a full month plus to prep for where you're going to be drafting out in Paris or live from the comfort of your own home. FFPC Bestball and super Flex Bestball tournaments live at my ffpc dot com. Dynasty startups as well. Steven Irgalos posted when we had Joe ben go on that Joe's pretty much in all his dynasty leagues on the FFPC and says he's a really tough customer when it comes to winning leagues. You can compete against those guys for as little as one hundred bucks. You can compete against them for five thousand dollars, dependent upon what entry fee you want. To pay two thousand plus leagues and fifteen years none have ever folded. Check it out at my FFPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share it with your friends, share it with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. I want to thank so many people tonight, Andrew Cooper, Rob Thomasino, Greg Link, Scott Engel, Joe Ben Goo for popping on while they were drafting tonight. Obviously, want to thank Darren Armani for throwing this together at Fantasy Mojo on ex fantasymojo dot com. He is the godfather of the PVJ and if you play in the f FPC, you want a subscription to his well website with all the tools he has there. I want to thank Farrell Elliott, Dave Tripoli, the f FPC, our producer and mutual friend, Rob audio engineer, my best friend Bryce, and of course most of all all our listeners, all our viewers. Tonight coming up tomorrow, we will go one hour later. This is a ten o'clock Eastern start. The Joes will feature Drew and Josh Macelli, John Zeleski, Rob Vieira another really talented drafter. Go Bills is drafting Nick Costantino and Sean Stutzman, Ben and Randall Hook and of course Dan a motto. That is a really really strong class of Joe's drafting tomorrow. The pros are going to have their work cutout for him, but a lot of these guys are pretty talented in their own right. Mike Schop and Adam Krautwerz from the Deep End Fantasy Football podcast. John Dagel is going to be drafting tomorrow night as well. Stacey Perez from Fantasy and Frames I've drafted against her. It's no picnic. She's not gonna make it fun for anybody tomorrow because she's gonna put together a really good team. Dwayne McFarlane, speaking of guys who got their starts with the FFPC, really talented drafter, he's now with Fantasy Life. He'll be drafting tomorrow. Sean Siegel and Ben Grat from the Stealing Bananas podcast Roto Viz and of course Yards per Catch Stealing Signals They'll be drafting. And then the final pro one of the more decorated ones in pros versus Joe's history, my former Scott Fishbowl partner Matt Schauf from Draft Sharks. This thought tonight was a bloodbath. Tomorrow night it's going to be cutthroat as all get out, so check that out. Tomorrow night. We go live on this channel at ten pm Eastern. Thank you so much for watching. Everybody, really appreciate each and every one of you, and we will talk with you again tomorrow at ten pm Eastern time. Your weekend, excuse me, your week continues now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: I want to make everybody wear too. There are four count of four spots left in that midnight Big Gorilla. So if you want a draft for a million bucks tonight and be entered in that midwek may have giveaway. Now is the time to jump in. Just four spots available. Draft starts sixty nine minutes from now. I'll see in the in the chat Draft Chat tonight for the Big Gorilla if you do join that otherwise, I'll see all on YouTube tomorrow at ten pm Eastern time for PBJ number three.