Speaker 1: Why is it that we as humans tend to get so focused on something to the point that we have a hard time seeing what's going on beyond our own point of view. It happens in everyday life, and it happens in criminal investigations. In two thousand and six, a thirteen year old girl lost her life and authorities tried to find answers. However, they became so focused on one suspect that they completely overlooked the truth. This is the story of a little girl named Tayir Rada.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim, a true crime podcast.
Speaker 1: The following podcast and material intended for a mature audience listener discretion.
Speaker 2: There is a solid chance that there might be a little bit of coughing in the background of this episode.
Speaker 1: Nicole's still getting over her illness. I think we mentioned it last.
Speaker 2: Episode two weeks but I'm in the cough coughing era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel good, but this sound like pooh.
Speaker 2: My voice is actually pretty well mostly the same. But yeah, I'm gonna have to hold in a cough, probably occasionally because I ran out of cough candy.
Speaker 1: That's okay, What would make up for it, though, is you don't need a cough candy when you have a drink. At least that's my theory.
Speaker 2: That's your theory. I think a lot of people are sick right now.
Speaker 1: I think so. It's just the time of year. Really.
Speaker 2: Also, we're recording today on Monday, so if anyone out there is feeling like, you know, a little down, it's pretty normal this time of year.
Speaker 1: I just learned what blue Monday was actually because you told me about it. That kind of sucks just thinking about it makes me feel a little blue.
Speaker 2: I can't remember all the things, but basically one of them or a few of them. It's like you're kind of debt from Christmas time, right, Yeah, you haven't met maybe your New Year's resolutions that you've set.
Speaker 1: It's cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like kind of a gloomy time of year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah. Just yesterday though, we tried to make ourselves a little bit happier. We had some fried chicken for dinner. We fried some chicken in our tiny home for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: Hate our feelings, is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Some soul food, some comfort food. It was delicious.
Speaker 2: It was actually amazing comfort food.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We also want to give a little bit of a shout out to anyone who's a new listener and coming over from YouTube, because we had some people comment recently at they're heading over from YouTube. There. We've been active, we've been posting some stuff, we've been getting some views. We hit yeah, eight thousand subscribers today, so that's cool.
Speaker 2: Really cool. Yeah, I'm enjoying that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're going to keep posting. We're going to keep doing that thing and having fun. We also post over on Patreon too, we sure do. And we had some new patrons sign up this week. So we had James and Morgan sign up, Lisa Nunez and Miranda Crittenden. Nice. Yeah, so thank you so much for signing up on Patreon. They get all that behind the scenes content. They got to post about our fried chicken in fact, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me taking a giant bite of fried chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good, it was delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you guys today, this is going to be a long episode. So something wrong with that though, Oh no, nothing wrong with it at all. Us a little bit longer in all honesty, this should be a two parter one percent should be a two parter, but I literally think last episodes that I'm going to try and not do two parters. We won't be doing a two parter for a little while. So you're basically getting two episodes at once today because I'm refusing to make this a two parter. It's just going to be a long episode. That's kind of cool though, It's like bonus, it kind of is so so buckley you seat belts. You might need to listen to this on your way to work and on your way home from work. Whatever the case, You're probably going to need some extra time today. It's one of that being said.
Speaker 2: With that being said, yeah, the intro was a little bit of a doozy.
Speaker 1: It was so you ready for this one? I am okay. So this one is actually a very large case and it took place on the other side of the world, not over here in North America. It takes place in the picturesque town of Catsrin, which is nestled less than an hour's drive from the bustling city of Haifa in Israel. The Rada family led a quiet and close knit kind of life, so Schmuel and Lana Rata were the parents to three children, the youngest being Taiir. She was a vibrant soul who brought light to like pretty much the whole family's life. I mean, of course, like everyone in the family, but she was she was quite a bright, bright young girl. Now, the age gap between Tayer and her older brothers Roy and o'had was just enough for them to assume the roles of protecting guardians over their blood little sister. Okay, so they they held a soft spot little sister, and they kind of looked over her as much as I think any any older brother would. You know, if you see your your younger sister getting picked on, I'm pretty sure the older brother would be like there to to protect her and get her back sort of situation. Yeah, you lose your mind, I think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: From the time she was a baby, Tyer had a magnetic quality that drew people towards her. Her name actually meaning she will light up. Really that's the actual meaning of her name.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it literally seemed to manifest in her personality. So a suitable name.
Speaker 2: I yes, So they picked a really good name for her.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely. Yeah. Now to Toyar was the embodiment of Charsma and often becoming a focal point of attention wherever she went. With a love for music and drama, she effortlessly transformed into a captivating dancer. So she loved her art, She loved theater, she loved music. It was just ingrained in her and among her friends, she held the title of Queen Bee, a natural leader. Yeah, Queen Bee. She was a natural leader who's every move inspired others to follow suit. Yet her beauty, intelligence, and talents occasionally stirred jealousy among some of her peers, leading to conflicts within her circle. Fortunately, the bonds forged in their relationships and upbringings always managed to mend any of the occasional riffs. Okay, So she was, as all accounts from I could find in my research, magnificent, bright, smart, happy young girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah she sounds like a really special little girl.
Speaker 1: M M Now Nofie gol in high school in Golan Heights became the backdrop of tay Year's teenage years. Like many kids in the area, she would walk to school and walk back home on foot. A call to her mom upon arriving home became a daily ritual. She'd get home from school, you know, drop her bag any entranceway or the house or whatever and ring up mom being like, yo, I'm home sort of thing, just kind of like a reasassuring signal that all's all's good.
Speaker 2: Right wonderor mom's at work kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. So on the sixth of December in two thousand and six, an ordinary school day took an abrupt turn ty year. Like any other teenager, seeking a break from routine, decided to skip the last period of the day. Uh. Fun fact, I only ever actually skipped one class in high school. Nope, that's wrong. Two two two.
Speaker 2: One of them I remember, was to get like a CD or something.
Speaker 1: My one of my favorite bands, System of Down came up with a new CD and I went to go get it. And the other one was just arbitrary skipping. Wow. I know I was not a goodie two shoes, but I was just really afraid of authority catching me. But regardless, she was opting to spend the day with her friends. Now, little did anyone suspect that this seemingly typical day would plunge into complete darkness. Around one twenty Tayre was thirsty and made her way to the main building for a sip of water. Several students witnessed her make her way to the mid floor, where the tenth grade classes were situated. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the last time anyone saw Tayer alive.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Yeah, what happens.
Speaker 1: Tayer's mother, Lana, became quite concerned when the customary afternoon call from her daughter never came through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She initially brushed off any worries and just kind of assumed to herself that her daughter had simply gone to a friend's house, or was hanging out with friends, or was something right distracted or something. Yeah, the call would come soon enough. However, as a clock ticked away and Taier remained absent, anxiety quickly took. Without hesitation, Lana dialed Tayer's cell phone, desperation growing with each and every unanswered ring. She knew something wasn't right. There was no answer. Tyer never picked up. In a panic, she sounded the alarm to find her daughter. Schmule. Tayer's father rushed home as friends and neighbors, armed with concern and flashlights, combed the streets where she walked and where she was last seen. At the school. They were searching the school at about seven pm. Dark hallways echoed with each footsteps as they're running up and down the halls trying to find You're looking in classrooms, calling out her name, and it eventually led them to the girl's bathroom on the tenth grade floor. Still in the darkness, there was a single locked stall door. Beneath that door, a pair of feet or scene and remained still even as they called out Tier's name. Now they access the adjacent stall, peaked over the wall to look inside and found a gruesome scene. Tier's lifeless body was slumped over blood stained walls and floor. Her throat was slashed and multiple stab wounds marred her all over. Whoa she was found dead inside the school? Oh my gosh?
Speaker 2: And was she in grade ten?
Speaker 1: Then she was thirteen? Whatever that math equates to for grades, I'm not certain. I don't think that would be grade ten.
Speaker 2: No, okay, that just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to dive into what does and doesn't make sense in this case. Oh okay, but it's a wild ride, so prepare yourself. So the discovery prompted an immediate call to police and rightfully sold I mean there was a deceased child in the school, yes, And they quickly came to the scene, a crowd, a mass at the school gates and schmule. Tayer's father was desperate for confirmation that it was his daughter. He tried to burst in the school to try and see, but he was met with absolute refusal. The scene was far too gruesome and nightmarish. One of Tiger's brother was so overwhelmed with grief he even was faced with the threat of sedation by authorities. The community found itself in absolute disbelief. How could a young girl meet such a grizzly fate within the confines of this school, And like she's.
Speaker 2: So vibrant and everything too right, like.
Speaker 1: Exactly any sense doesn't. So fear took hold and parents hesitated to send the children back to an environment that was tainted with tragedy. And I mean understandably the school suspending classes for several days, shut the doors like shit's going.
Speaker 2: Down, right, absolutely well, yeah, an investigation would have to go down too well.
Speaker 1: And even still, like the well being of the other students, it's like, oh, yes, someone that I went I go to class with was murdered yesterday and I'm still expected to sit here and study science, Like yeah, hello, No, I don't think that something that would go well, So yeah, understandably, the school was shut down for a little while. Now, in the aftermath of the murder, the police extended their search beyond the immediate school vicinity, spanning the border landscape of Golden Heights and Galli, which is the surrounding area. Now, this puzzled the community, who are expecting a more focused investigation around the school premises itself. I mean, after all, that's where she was last seen, that's where her remains were found, So why are they searching the grounds past the school? Didn't make a lot of sense. Well, I mean unless I don't know, unless unless they had reason. Yeah, you're right, yeah, but it was kind of like raising some eyebrows, like, well, what the hell you should be like searching in here? But whatever, And as the days unfolded, police did turn their attention to the students, attempting to reconstruct Teyor's final moments. So two witnesses reported seeing Tayir ascend the stairs alone heading to that floor, right that tenth grade floor, and there was no one else trailing behind her. So between one thirty and two ten pm, A significant number of girls moved in and out of that very bathroom between ten to twelve to be precise. Strangely, only five were subjected to police questioning, okay, which raised some more eyebrows, like, why aren't you questioning all the girls? Right?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, and I'm it's also surprising that. Well, no, I'll let you carry on, because like you think that the gruesome scene would extend out of the stall slightly, but maybe it didn't. It didn't really like you wouldn't have you wouldn't know, you could go in the stall right next and you would have no fucking idea.
Speaker 1: I'm not one hundred percent certain because I can't say I know how the stall was shaped. Okay. I do know that it said that you could see feet underneath the stall, but I don't know how big that gap is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: So I know that there's different shaped stalls different countries that you go to. If it's here in North America, I could probably speak to what the stall looks like, but going over to Israel, it might be completely different than what I'm aware could be.
Speaker 2: Right, But I mean, you're also not paying attention to something out of the blue or or you wouldn't be thinking something next to you would be that disturbing, right, Yeah, so fair, I guess the.
Speaker 1: Things I do know is that they did say you can see feet underneath the stall and there was blood on the floor. Okay, I do know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you could see the blood.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe you have to get down on your hands and knees and really peek through a crack and who's doing that? Yeah, And you're probably not going to see blood on the floor if you're that, if you're having to like peak with one eye through your crack like right, like I'm not.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're giving the person privacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyways, among the accounts that was given was that of no far Ben David, who was a friend of Ta years, who claimed to have spotted an unfamiliar girl with curly hair in the restroom. Now. She insisted not on not recognizing the girl before or after the event, speculating that she was, like, you know, a new student at the school, maybe new addition whatever. However, she did identify that the girl was wearing the school uniform, so she clearly belonged in some way, shape or form. Another student recalled witnessing two pairs of feet in the stall where Taiyer was later discovered. Oh boy, one being Taiyer's distinctive Puma shoes and another pair of youth sized All Star shoes. So there was, according to this individual, two people in the stall, yes, one of which most likely was Tier via the distinctive shoes. Now, oblivious to the significance of the time, the witness simply left, right, I mean, there's two people in there. Whatever, It's not like they're immediately thinking, oh, someone's getting murdered right now. Oh yeah, but they left, apparently attributing to the unusual bad smell in the bathroom. Now, whether that's someone just stank it up in there, or whether it was from the smell of potential blood, because hey, that is not a pleasant smell. Anyone who has blood like that before knows what that smells like. It's not pretty. It's usually a very like tinny iron smell. So yeah, well, plus.
Speaker 2: I feel like having two people in the stall next to you is like a bit awkward that I would probably be rushing to get out of there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe if it's not like weird noises or anything. That you're hearing, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, what are they doing in there? I don't want a part of this. Yeah, unless maybe, hey, maybe it's a puff puff pass situation. It's like, hey, pass it over here. But that's hit, that's different. You don't know what kids are doing in high school. So regardless, Tiger's friend Lee approached the lock stall and received a response saying someone was in there, confirming the occupancy as well.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Now, However, when questioned by police, police the focus shifted to discerning whether the voice belonged to a man or a woman, which I mean could could be very important information, rightly now, Lee consistently maintained that it was a female voice that it talked, but felt a very lingering dissatisfaction in that answer from authorities, Like they were like, are you sure, I'm sure it was a man.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were just assuming that it was gonna be a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like they weren't really happy with the idea that it was a female voice. Okay. Now, for the Rata family, a glimmer of hope emerged in the form of a private investigator named Jim Sadovski. Now, Haim learned about the murder of Tayer through the radio and was personally angered as his own daughter was the same age as Tayer and could pretty much put himself in the same shoes, like, what if that was my daughter? Right, So he reached out to the grieving Rata family and offered his services to aid, unveiling the mystery.
Speaker 2: Sort of Oh okay, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: So Shmiel and Lana shared everything the knew with him. Among the details was an incident that struck a chord with Lana. So during a visit from Tiger's friends to offer condolences, two girls exhibit peculiar behavior. They were whispering in hush tones, as if they had kind of like a secret, or they weren't sharing everything that they knew. Oh okay, I don't love that. So upon talking to and scrutinizing the statements given by the two girls with police him, iim uncovered inconsistencies. So Lana's intuition had not led her astray. The friends had seen Tyer's backpack in class, but failed to register her absence as unusual, also in contradiction with the portrayal of Tayer as her usual self. On that fateful Wednesday, the theater class teacher remembered a very withdrawn and melancholic Taier, which was abnormal. As we talked about beginning her art love for arts and theater, this was her favorite class. Okay, so the teacher actually questioned her that day if she was okay, but Tayer made rather unsettling remark, saying, quote, because I'm afraid of death. Oh. So teacher's like, what's wrong, Okay, something wrong, and she's like, because I'm afraid of death.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. That's an alarming response.
Speaker 1: Hey, especially right before getting fucking murdered. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So well, I mean, it's not like the teacher would think that. She probably would think that she's a family member that's ill or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, or maybe who knows. Maybe it's like, oh, they watched a horror movie last night, and it's like, yeah, there could be many reasons. It's not like I'm sitting here saying that she's imminently thinking she's going to die. But still, that's that's ominous.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are afraid of death.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. Death is scary.
Speaker 2: It is scary.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't like death can go away?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another layer of the puzzle actually emerged as Tayer's schoolmates devulged some more information. Tayer supposedly had a stalker named Avi, who is an eighteen year old from Tiberius.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He apparently incessantly called and sent her numerous text messages. He even went as far as threatening her a month before her murder. Allegedly, Avi declared that if Tayer refused to be with or be his girlfriend, he would kill her. Oh now, when he announced to visit the area, Tyer said that she wasn't going to see him, and it made things worse. Huh. However, police investigation yielded no evidence of any contact between Tayer and it purported Avi. No calls, no texts, nothing, There's no evidence that this guy even exists.
Speaker 2: Okay, so basically there wasn't.
Speaker 1: A stalker then, but potentially so that they could find Yeah, so this like really put this this story under scrutiny, which actually also brings up speculation. Were they fabricating this story to divert attention from themselves to hide the truth or is this an actual rumor? Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: As private investigator Jim delved into the evidence surrounding Tier's murder, a chilling fear began to take shape. The sheer brutality inflicted upon the batigm four foot nine tai year led him to believe that the assailants were likely individuals of similar age and stature, most likely two individuals, rather than an adult using excessive force on such a young girl. So that's what he believed, is it must be individuals of the same age.
Speaker 2: That's his theory, like that she had two attackers.
Speaker 1: You mean yes, okay, He's saying, like, okay, this excessive force is probably not needed. All these slashes and everything, and like the cuts. It's like, why would a grown adult do this in such a small vicinity. It's not like you're not gonna be able to hold her down with one hand. Where's she going She's in a locked bathroom stall with you. Yeah, Whereas if it's two, there might be more of a two of her stature and age might be more afraid of her escaping or fighting back, so there would be the random slashes, the random stabs or cuts or whatever of a friend's exactly, whereas an adult, someone who towers over her would have much more control and be much more precise. So that was kind of the theory that he was leading to. Now, amidst the pool of suspects, eyes turned to an arch rival of Tiers, who was apparently equally beautiful and talented, which is why there was kind of this animosity between the two of them, and it reached a point where Tayer had actually confronted her mother about feeling afraid at the start of the school year regarding this individual. The rival's behavior post murder added another layer of suspicion. She apparently left town for a few days, but conveniently omitted this information when questioned by police, specifically when they asked if she had knew if anyone had left town, and she's like, no, even though she did leave town herself. Okay, yeah. Now, despite the initial focus on Taier's schoolmates, the investigation took another turn. The schools psychologist claimed to have seen the gardener in the teacher's lounge on the afternoon of the murder, and the gardener was appearing a little disturbed and bewildered, but he presented an airtight alibi. So while the psychologist's testimony carried some weight to the authorities, the police were unwilling to dismiss it. Entirely, and they explored an alternate possibility. There was another man who bore a striking resemblance to this gardener, and it surfaced as a potential suspect. The police considered the likelihood that the psychologists might have inadvertently confused the two men, thinking that this was the man that they saw, but really was this man since this one has the first one has an alibi? Right, So, on December eleventh, less than a week after Tire's tragic murder, Roman Zadorov, a construction worker employed at the school, found himself under the microscope of law. He was a Ukrainian migrant who had moved to Israel two years prior. Roman had living with odd jobs in construction. His life took a turn when he met Olga, his high school sweetheart in Ukraine. Following Olga's family in Israel, the couple settled down in Katseran and their son was born just a month before Taiyere's death.
Speaker 2: Okay, that doesn't seem like that would be someone who would do something like this, but hey, hey, weirder things have happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, you're throwing that down right now. You don't think it's him, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know a lot, but it's just like, I don't know. He he's probably happy, like they just had it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say they just had a baby, but maybe life is actually a bit rough at that stage and you never.
Speaker 1: Know what's going on behind closed doors too, right, No, you don't. So Anyways, at the time, Roman worked as a handyman for a contractor involved in the refurbishment of the school. So that's why he was there. Okay. Now, being an immigrant, he couldn't yet legally work, but he didn't need an income, so he did receive cash payments for his services and tried to stay out of trouble. Does that add any more layer to you believing if he did it or not.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I'm still thinking no.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. So, as his wife discovered the limitations of his visa, she urged him to pursue an Israeli citizenship, a process which he was in the middle of when his world would unravel in the arrest. There was an unfortunate drawback in the current situation that want to make a point of here as well. Roman was proficient in Russian and was struggling with his Hebrew, and faced a language barrier in his interaction with authorities, which made conversations and understanding a little bit difficult. And I'm sure on both ends as well, totally yep. So suspicion on Roman only intensified when police sought to seize the clothes he wore the day of Tiger's murder, only to be told that Roman had thrown them out, thrown them out, he got rid of them, he threw them out.
Speaker 2: I mean, gosh, I guess it depends what he was doing that day. What if he was painting, and like, god, well, I keep thinking these things and then I'm like, Okay, you probably wouldn't throw them out because you're just gonna get them dirty like the next day. But who knows if they're ripped or you know, they needed to be thrown out.
Speaker 1: It could also be a red flag. Could also be covered in blood very much.
Speaker 2: So. Yeah. Well.
Speaker 1: During the extended interrogation, Roman denied any involvement into the entire year's killing, expressing confusion over his arrest and while he was even there. Simultaneously, investigators combed through his home, discovering pornography on his computer. Initially believed to feature underage individuals, but closer examination revealed that all the women were of appropriate age, just young ish, so they were appropriate age. There was nothing illegal going on there. Roman also, though, had an extensive knife collection and was prominently displayed in his house, which is another point of interest for police given the nature of tires.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I feel like a lot of men enjoy knives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got I've got a knife on my hip right now. It's just my daily carry that I like generally just open letters with and stuff. If I need a knife, I got one, yeap. So the overlap between romans knives and the weapons used in the murder, coupled with the possible witness statements from the school's psychologists who confused him with maybe the gardener, all of this together prolonged in so I resulted in a prolonged custody. Now the plot thickened as police, who were desperate for a breakthrough, resorted to some shady tactics that blurred the lines of a truth. This one I absolutely hate. It's bullshit in my opinion opinion, but whatever, we'll go over this. So they leaked unconfirmed information to the media purposefully. They falsely claimed that Romans DNA matched samples that were found at the crime scene, a detail that was not yet validated by pending results from testing that was going on over in America. So there were three hair samples that were found on Tier's body, Okay, and they're claiming that before the results even back, your DNA has been found at the crime scene, and they leaked it to the public.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so bad because if it isn't him, Like, how do you go back to having a normal life after something like that?
Speaker 1: Right, So, in this calculated, apparently calculated move, I don't know who calculated it. They got their math wrong, I can tell you that. But anyways, in this move, interrogator seized this opportunity on the fabricated revelation, if you will, and employed this as a tool to course a confession from Roman. Oh yeah, they persistently. He was denying any involvement, and Roman found himself in a relentless battle of wills against the interrogators. The psychological pressure escalated as they insisted on the alleged DNA match. They're like, we have your DNA. I'm sorry, like you were there, We have your DNA at the crime scene. The science has given us irrefutable proof.
Speaker 2: And still like even when they're chatting with him, they still have no idea.
Speaker 1: Correct, Oh my god, yeah, okay, they found hairs. They haven't even gotten results back yet. They've just sent the samples off and they're like, we have proof.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Roman maintained his innocence. He's like, I'm being framed. I must be. That's the only way you could have my DNA and the crime scene. Then, and the interrogators dismissed this whole idea, basically reminding him that this is Israel, not the KGB controlled territory that he's used to or thinking of, and such tactics are apparently beneath them, which clearly maybe not so much, yeah, because there is clearly manipulation of evidence going on right here.
Speaker 2: I mean you can kind of understand sometimes they do some stuff like that when it's just in the interrogation process, which I'm not saying is right, but then to actually like put it to the public where like, yeah, his wife or whatever is going to see this in his family and stuff like.
Speaker 1: Gosh, you're right. It's one thing to say it in a contained room to the individual to see if they'll react. Yeah, that's one thing. Yeah, but you're right to leak this to the public on purpose before you even have any sort of confirmation.
Speaker 2: What is the point of that even, really.
Speaker 1: I don't know now. Roman then recalled in this interrogation. He did say, well, I do kind of recall maybe stepping in some blood in the boy's toilet like bathroom at the school, but he was like oblivious of any sort of implication. He's like, Oh, it's like just something on the ground, like once in a while, there's dots of blood or any urine or feces. Who knows the bathroom, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of have a nose blade or something exactly.
Speaker 1: So he's like, I might have stepped in some blood in the boy's bathroom, basically is what he's after. Since you wouldn't confess, though, he was sent to a holding cell where he was basically just you know, they're sent to think on it. They're like, you're going to confess, like because we have you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. You almost wonder if at that point of technically they can hold him that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Roman. However, when he was sent to the cell was unwittingly sharing his space with an informant contracted by the police.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, they're pretty confident they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, this informant was tasked with, of course, extracting a confession, and he was also enticed with financial reward, one that we were talking about just recently on another episode. But anyways, Roman spent a total of eight days with this informant locked in the cell, and the informant was faced with Roman's unwavering insistence that he was innocent. So the informant decided to alter his approach. He played on Roman's fears, suggesting that a life sentence awaited him if blood out evidence was found. However, a confession might lead to a lesser sentence of just six to seven years for manslaughter. Oh jeez. So he's basically saying, if you don't, if you're maintaining your innocence and they've got DNA to tie you there, yeah you're screwed. That's a life sentence. But but if you just you know, just admit it, just say it was you, just confess.
Speaker 2: It's much shorter.
Speaker 1: It's much shorter, and much shorter of a sentence as well, or not just sentence, but a conviction becau it's no longer murdered manslaughter. So under the informants relentless pressure, Roman succumbed and the two actually crafted a confession together.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, seriously, yes.
Speaker 1: So Roman portrayed himself as an angry immigrant grappling with a sense of alienation from Israel. According to the coarse narrative, on the day of Tier's murder, he succumbed to a fit of rage, with Taier becoming an unattended victim of his outburst. He claimed to have blacked out, creating a narrative that hinted at a violet temper and a history of actions He couldn't remember, a history that included a violent incident involving his brother in the past, and Roman even went on the record saying to authorities, quote, maybe I did kill her. It is possible. Huh, Okay, all under this coercion.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like the killer would have known her, is the sense that I'm getting. But okay, carry on.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're still maintaining that you think Roman's innocent.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: That question alone can put doubt in your mind, can't it?
Speaker 2: Kind of but it's like.
Speaker 1: Don't, don't. I'm just trying to see where your head's at. Don't let me influence it.
Speaker 2: He's maintained his innocence for so long and then this person's just like getting to him. I'm saying that he's still innocent.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah. Well. Roman began to question his own innocence as he internalized the relentless claims made by the interrogators. They're just being like, you did it, ye did it, you did it. We have DNA, we have DNA, even though they don't they have no evidence.
Speaker 2: Honestly, at that point, I feel like almost anyone would.
Speaker 1: Probably, I mean, the persistent barrage of accusations combined with the false assrotations of the DNA, it would lead anyone's doubt, and it certainly led him to doubt his own recollections. But it all just baffled Roman. He could actually remember that day. He remembered finishing work late in the afternoon, well after Taiyere was last seen, even and he remembers no blood on him. His decision to actually discard his clothes, his pants specifically, was driven from the fact that they were too short and they were uncomfortable. Oh okay, he's like, I hate these pants. I'm I'm just throwing them out and getting rid of them.
Speaker 2: And it was just a real shitty day to do that.
Speaker 1: Exactly. There was no presence of blood on him as far as he remembers.
Speaker 2: Huh. And you think at some point or someone would notice or something, because like you would have blood on you, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately the police just had their I mean, they had their teeth sunk into them at this point. They were eager to basically try and strengthen their case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because to them it just made sense kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So what they did next they convinced him to reenact the events on December sixth, So they already had him confessing, right, So they they walked him through the school. They are like, reenact this, reenact when you killed Tyer. So they actually filmed this excursion through Golan Heights High School and showcased his narrative of the murder, providing what seemed like, of course, a slam dunk for the prosecution, right, like, we got a confession, We've got him on video walking through the school showing us how he murdered her. Oh my gosh yay. So at a press conference, the police proudly announced Roman's confession and the reenactment branding him as the killer. Through and through. The motive that they proposed was a trivial altercation. Tayer allegedly insulted Roman atter he refused to share a cigarette, prompting him to follow her into the bathroom and commit murder.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, Okay, that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Not at all? Taier's family is on your side. They were not convinced. They yearned for concrete forensic evidence, the like where's the proof, where's the evidence? Yeah, apparently there's this DNA evidence that you leak to the public and said out there, like what is let's see this. Their gut feeling rejected that Roman was any sort of true perpetrator, that he had any part in this. Friends and family also emphasized that Taiyir ever smoked, making the suggested motive like pretty much impossible. Yeah. I mean, of course, individuals can have habits and whatever behind people's backs. I get that, But it was friends and family, so I'm assuming school friends and family. Yeah, someone would probably know. Yeah. Now, the idea that Tayr would also insult someone, especially an older individual, contradicted her nature as well and who she was. She was a very soft, loving, caring individual that was not of her nature. So that kinda is basically throwing that theory out the window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like insulted him for really no reason. Yeah, so it doesn't make.
Speaker 1: Sense exactly, Can I have a smoke? No, and just goes off the rails Like that doesn't sound like someone that we talked about at the beginning here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, grant you, she was acting different that day.
Speaker 1: True. Actually, that's a very good point. That's very good. Now, the family stood against this whole narrative, and they demanded a thorough examination of evidence that would reveal that they were sure would reveal the truth. Now, Lana Rata, her mother, had suspicions of her daughter's killer, existing within Tier's close knit circle of friends. Over time, she unraveled unsettling details that some students at the school were allegedly part of a Satanic cult, raising fears that Taier might have fallen dictum to a ritualistic killing. And I mean we hear that all the time, Satanic, Satanic. I think that's a fallback answer if I'm being.
Speaker 2: Honest, possibly, but just the thought of that's fricking terrifying.
Speaker 1: I agree, But I also do think that if anyone is going to and this is just my opinion, Okay, this is just my feeling, I feel like anyone who is probably going to be doing a Satanic ritualistic killing, it's most likely someone of adolescent age. Any case we've covered in the past where it has been Satanic, it is of that adolescent age because you are more malleable, you know what I mean, You're more likely to believe in something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to fit in, or finally kind of feeling like you're finding your circle and you're going to do whatever you need to.
Speaker 1: Exactly, or looking up to a certain idol for whatever reason, like the insane clown post that we've talked about in a couple different cases, individuals look up to their music, and those artists their music talks about killings, so they go through and like, oh, I'm just like these guys, I'm going to do a killing. Two it's usually some very younger, impressionable, malleable individual. So I think if a satanic cult situation could be the case, a situation like this where it is a younger individual could be where the puzzle would fit. Yeah. So Roman's wife sought the legal expertise of the Dynamic duo defense Gail and David Spiegel. After a thorough examination in the case, the attorneys became convinced that he was an innocent man and that he was coerced into confessing to a murder that he did not commit. The trial commenced on July second, two thousand and seven, with the prosecution altering its theory about the motives of the murder. I mean, they said, hey, it was the smoke. She insulted him, right, and then they heard the backlash, They're like, let's change that theory.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's not how shit works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what they did now. They claimed that Roman's violent reactions stemmed from childhood sexual abuse in Ukraine. It was triggered by the constant pestering from school kids. So no longer it was pestering from Taiir in one instant, it was just constant from all the kids. Also, he could sexual trauma as a kid, So the prosecution face a significant setback. Apart from that, sorry, when the light of the DNA results from the crime scene did not actually match Romans. Okay, yeah, so it came to lights that they're caught in like a giant lie. Yeah, not only a lie. They were like, oh, okay, we said that we didn't have the results yet. Oh also the DNA doesn't match them when the results did come in.
Speaker 2: And we're also changing the reasoning that.
Speaker 1: We think correct this the motive. Yeah, that is messed up. It is. The defense attorneys dissected the prosecution's claims they picked him apart, basically emphasizing the small and closed space. Actually, this one's interesting to me. The small space of the crime scene being the bathroom stall. Right. Picture being in a bathroom stall. This is where a violent murder would take place. They didn't have any of Roman's fingerprints, they didn't have any of his blood, his DNA, his hair's nothing. Picture being in a gymnasium. Your hands are not going to touch the walls, especially if you're struggling against with someone. Yeah you've got someone half your size, but still. But now, picture being in an enclosed space. Your hands are probably going to touch the walls very easy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you would think there'd be something. And then I also this is just a thought I had. But you think that you would kind of be able to tell the size potentially, because like going through friends, you can kind of tell size, maybe the height or whatever, the how tall the person is, where.
Speaker 1: The fingerprints are, Yeah, the size of the fingerprints.
Speaker 2: So I feel right, I feel like they would be able to know for a little bit more clear if it was him or not.
Speaker 1: You know, there was no trace of him in that stall whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So despite an exhaustive search of Romans home, including dis mantling the washing machine in search of praises of blood, there was still no connection to him, or tire or the crime scene what soever. Nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't feel like they even had the right to have.
Speaker 1: Held him for some so the defense also presented a solid alibi for Roman, pointing to the timeline that placed him at the school gate speaking on his cell phone at two twenty three pm, with two security guards as a witness seeing him there. Now pathologist estimate that the time of the death. Between the time of death for Tier was between one thirty PM and two PM, during which Roman was away, returning to the school yard at one thirty and later seen at the school cafeteria at two pm without any signs of dirt or blood. Hmm, okay, so people did see him with no blood. The prosecution dismissed the alibi and simply pointed to the confession as key as the key to the case.
Speaker 2: Of course they did, yep.
Speaker 1: The defense, of course, persisted highlighting the flaws in what they deemed Roman's coerced confession. So they're like, hey, is confession is the key, and then the defense is like, yeah, coerced confession. The reenactment of the crime was a pivotal moment in the case, where they walked him through the school recounting the events, and like, as I mentioned, also videotaped it. So they're walking him through the halls. They've got like a squad of authorities, They've got a camera on him this whole time, and he's leading them through, right.
Speaker 2: And I'm imagining this is just not matching the scene whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Well, it revealed a troubling array of inaccuracies. You're right, yeah, yeah. It also suggested manipulative tactics by investigators. So Roman was guided by leading questions on the videotape. It's recorded, so he provided details that ultimately contradicted known facts about the murder, and when he did seem to actually give proper facts, it was because the investigators led him in that direction. So say, for example, I'm just gonna choosing a random fact about anything. So I'll just say, right now, I'm drinking a beer. Okay, I am drinking a genuine draft beer. Okay, say it's actually I pa. I'm like, oh, it's genuine draft beer. Now you're like, are you sure it's genuine draft is? Don't you like stuff that's a little bit more better? Well, yeah, I drink some more pale ales. But don't you like that one that starts with an I? Oh yeah, India paleols. Sorry, do you like drinking India paleos? Yeah? I like drinking a lot of India paleofs. Okay, So there we go. Like that's the sort of tactics they're doing and leading him into these answers.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, and they are literally thinking that this is going to be used as evidence that he did this correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so wait, it gets even worse.
Speaker 2: This is wild, but okay.
Speaker 1: Police asserted that he possessed, of course, information only the murderer would know, and this includes the precise location of where he stood during the act. However, a careful review of the interrogation tapes continuing on expose the stark reality these tactics continued. Every piece of privileged information on that tape was fed to him by investigators. He knew none of it without the investigators leading them to those answers. Not a piece was he able to provide without that, what.
Speaker 2: The actual shit? This doesn't make any sense because you think they would just want to figure out who actually did it, you'd think, And then I don't know. They it's like they almost just they want to just like pit it on someone act or solved and like move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know how I said that, The police said he talked about how he stood over her body and everything, right, Yeah, Well, when he was asked about and this is on the tape, when he was asked about the position he left Tier's body in Roman initially inaccurately depicted her lying on the floor, whereas her body was actually slumped over the closed toilet, completely different position.
Speaker 2: And that would be something that you would not get wrong if you did.
Speaker 1: It correct, which, of course, again guided by officers, he eventually corrected this mistake and said the correct, correct answer, Wow. Yeah. He was also unable to accurately pinpoint where Tier was cut. He guessed the torso below the waist, failing to mention a very significant cut that was on her wrist that they were really hoping to hear from. He also claimed to have used a smooth blade, a smooth utility knife specifically, but the autopsy conclusively identified a serrated knife as the murder weapon. Oh my gosh, yep, now the biggest one of all on this video. I saved this one for last because it's like the cherry on top of this, It's like, what the fuck on video? Roman led investigators to the wrong bathroom initially. Okay.
Speaker 2: I was literally wondering that. I was like, he probably doesn't even know no what stall, what bathroom?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Well, hold on, get this. He led them to the wrong bathroom initially, and only after guidance was he able to identify the actual correct bathroom, and once inside the right bathroom, he was easily able to identify the correct stall because there was crime scene tape all around it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Okay, okay, So.
Speaker 1: They then in the bathroom put him in the stall to demonstrate how he got out of the locked stall, because the door was left closed locked. Remember, so he got in there locked, and he hopped over the door of the stall, Okay, which evidence suggests it was not over the door, it was over the wall of the stall. Huh.
Speaker 2: And then and for sure you think, well, I mean, unless they were wearing gloves or whatever. I guess, but you'd think there would be some sort of fingerprints or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but none of his fingerprints, Like if he climbed over the stall, his fingerprints would be in there.
Speaker 2: They're not unless he was wearing gloves.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking, yeah, yeah, but there's no evidence of him in there whatsoever. Also, climbing over the stall, there's a good chance of things like shoeprints, Yeah, especially in blood in a clothes spot like that.
Speaker 2: I'm also just like shook that no one, no one heard this going down.
Speaker 1: But okay, Well, I did mention the idea of a shoeprint, and the prosecution did contend that a bloody footprint on Tier's jeans matched Roman's shoes. However, the absence of blood on his actual shoes raised a lot of doubts.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if they found that said pair of shoes and there was no blood on there.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, no blood. Okay, member, they even checked his washing machine, yeah blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So given the gruesome scene, it seems let's say, implausible that he could have been in the bathroom stall without blood transfer on his shoes, fingerprints, whatever. The case, DNA and the reenactment, far from solidifying the case against him, raised more questions about the accuracy and reliability of the confession, pointing to a potential coercion and misinformation.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they really have nothing.
Speaker 1: They don't. But despite the lack of conclusive evidence linking roman Zadarrov to the crime, he was eventually convicted of tier Rada's murder. Oh my gosh. Really hey, yeah, with a court deeming his statements riddled with lies and manipulation. Additionally, he faced charges of conviction for obstruction of the police investigation. Oh man, yeah, so there he's guilty. Prized.
Speaker 2: Was there like a jury or what, because like you think.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, it's court. There would have been a jury.
Speaker 2: You would think that they wouldn't. I don't know unless there's I don't know this this I'm a little bit just thrown for a loop here you baffled. I am very baffled, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I can understand why this one. When researching this, my jaw was constantly on the floor and I'm like picking it up with my hands, like I swear. I'm just like, oh my god, what the actual f is happening.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a chance that he could have done it, but I'm just in the back of my head, I'm just like, gosh, if he didn't, like, please tell me that they did find who did eventually or something, because if they don't know, I feel like I'm gonna just rage.
Speaker 1: Well, well we'll carry on, That's what I'll say, okay. Tiger's mother was initially she initially found solace, let's say, in the guilty verdict, lying on his confession the allege footprint for evidence to kind of a firm that belief right. However, her perspective changed in the subsequent months. In that same year as Roman's conviction, Lana filed a petition urging authorities to reopen the investigation into her daughter's death, but the plea was denied. In twenty ten, four years after his arrest, Roman would receive a life sentence for his crime. The three judge panel, led by Judge Yitzak Cohen, maintained that there remained no doubt about romans Zetaroff's responsibility for Tier's death. Huh yeah, okay, so you think he's guilty. Do you still think he's sorry innocent? Do you still think he's innocent?
Speaker 2: They found him guilty, Okay, sorry, in twenty ten, did they reopen it or it was just like went to.
Speaker 1: Some that was sentencing. So in twenty ten, yeah, in twenty ten, four years after the the arrest, it was it was sentencing and he received a life sentence.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's hard, Like you don't you don't want to doubt the justice system, you know. Yeah, but then it doesn't really seem like there's any hardcore evidence that would.
Speaker 1: There's not a single piece of evidence nothing. The only thing they have is the confession.
Speaker 2: Well and the shoe print though like print, yes, yeah, was that literally the same kind of size and like he had these shoes, Like that's a little that's something that's a little bit off to me.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll touch on the shoe print a little later, okay, okay, okay, So following the sentencing, Uh, Lana publicly expressed the whole distrust in the court, the prosecution, the police. She shifted her beliefs, basically saying that Tayer might have fallen victim to this satanic ritual that she's believing. Yeah, determined to un cover the truth, she voiced her commitment to finding her daughter's real murderer.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do like this, Like she she hasn't got feeling and she.
Speaker 1: Does not give up. No's She's like Roman's not the guys. She knows something else is going on. Wow, that's where she's she's at. And even I'm sure watching this court case unfold, because I guarantee you she's sitting there in the courtroom. There's no evidence on this guy. I'm last year talking about the potential's footprint and the potential confession. There's no DNA, there's no fingerprints, there's no eyewitness, there's nothing. So it's really hard to actually pin something when you don't have those things.
Speaker 2: Because the one eyewitness that they did have witness someone else, right, and this guy.
Speaker 1: Just correct, they look similar, correct? Like what? So Roman's legal team continue to fight for justice. In March of twenty thirteen, the court agreed to hear an expert testimony in his defense. Pathologist doctor Maya form it Resnick took to the stand and provided insight into the murder weapon and the trauma injuries in tiers two tiers head Sorry, doctor Foreren. Resnick contradicted Roman's confession. This is kind of something we already touched on, but this is another professional speaking upon it now, asserting that the marks on Tier's face were unequivocally made by a serrated knife, not a smooth utility knife that Roman had claimed. Now, the defense also brought a second expert with witness, and this is where we're going to talk about that footprint. That witness was Bill Bosniak, a footprint expert who flew in to study the alleged bloody footprint on Tier's genes at the forensics lab. Now, Bosniak's analysts, sorry, analysis yielded a surprising conclusion. What do you think he thought of this footprint, this bloody footprint on Tier's genes that matched Roman's shoes.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking it's probably not gonna be the same size or something.
Speaker 1: Even Well, what was initially considered a footprint turned out to be an imprint of her cell phone inside the gene pocket of her pants. What the shit? Yes, it wasn't even a footprint, correct. Okay, that's what Bill Bosniak, the X the footprint expert they flew in, testified. He's like, this isn't even a fucking footprint. This is an imprint of the cell phone inside her genes.
Speaker 2: Okay, that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: So potentially, potentially she leaned up against something with blood or someone with blood on them leaned up against her and imprinted on that cell phone.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, Well, I wasn't not expecting that. I was thinking it was a footprint because they said it was a footprint. I was just thinking it probably belonged to someone else.
Speaker 1: No, this professional, this expert says it's not a footprint. Regardless of this, and contrary to the evidence pointing away from Romans and this whole footprint, the court dismissed the experts testimony and remained unconvinced. The judge relied on his own eyes, basically said that he could tell from here that that mark of the genes is clearly a footprint.
Speaker 2: Well why is there, Like, what's the point of having experts and stuff?
Speaker 1: Exactly? The judge is looking across the courtroom at a photo. Nah, dude, that's a footprint, very wrong. Yeah, you went in the lab and analyzed it.
Speaker 2: Nah, there has I'm almost thinking there's like some sort of politicalness to this now that people don't want to go against you know, what has already been sentenced and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Public support for Roman, of course, was phenomenal, and it gained momentum with the establishment of a Facebook group in twenty eleven dedicated to seeking Justice for taier Rada. The group served as a platform for social protest against the conviction of the wrong men and aimed to uncover the identity of the actual killer. So even the public is like, this is not, like, what's going on, This isn't the deuth.
Speaker 2: Well, this man he's missing all of his like his child growing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his kid was born a month before this. Oh my gosh, that makes me sick. Yeah. The case was also brought to TV in a four part documentary series titled Shadow of Truth, which was released in twenty sixteen. The series unveiled a startlingk confession of an anonymous man identified only as a.
Speaker 2: H seriously a confession from someone else who did it.
Speaker 1: A confession According to Ah, his high school ex girlfriend, identified as Ak, had confessed to him that she was the one who killed Taiyir. Both Ah and Ak had graduated from the same school as Taiir by the time of the murder, So they're already graduated from this school, okay, but they attended it okay. On the day of the killing, Ak allegedly showed a h her blood stained clothes, a wig, and a murder weapon. A murder weapon that was a serrated hunting knife. Now, the story took a bizarre turn as details about Ak emerged. She repurportedly harbored an obsession with blood and believed she was possessed by a she wolf that urged her to kill and disembowel people. Ak's pasted included witnessing gruesome violence as a child when her grandfather allegedly took her to battlefields, and allegedly her grandfather also hid her inside the carcass of a wolf or she speculated, potentially not even a wolf, but possibly a disemboweled, deceased human. Oh my, yeah, okay. Now, as she grew older, Ak found solace in visualizing herself floating in a sea of blood.
Speaker 2: Mm I'm just sitting here just like pissed that, like someone did this and just got has been like living their life. Well, this man is locked away. I'm like, I'm quite angry, right.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm quite angry right now.
Speaker 2: I am I am.
Speaker 1: You Are you gonna like you're tearing up?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not tearing up. I just feel like pissed that It's just so annoying to me that people can get away with shit like this. But anyway, I'm going to continue listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, to listen, well, continue to listen. We got this now. Ak described the chilling details of the murder to a h She claimed to have worn a Golan Heights High School shirt to blend in one that she would have pretending the uniform. They were wearing a uniform and she graduated from there, so she would have had said uniform.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So she was waiting for hours in the girl's restroom with the intention of killing the first girl who entered alone.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. It was this like wrong place at the wrong time.
Speaker 1: So when she spotted Taiyer alone, AKA allegedly forced her into a toilet stall at knife point and committed the murder. And strategically with toilet paper contained the blood. The confession closely matched details provided by Lee, who the police earlier in the investigation the two young individuals. The two friends saw two people in the stall. Remember when they said they heard a female voice respond that someone in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah wow.
Speaker 1: After the crime, Ak purportedly waited next to Tier's body until the surroundings were quiet, climbed over the stall wall, changed out of her bloody clothes, and calmly walked out. She then returned home, took a shower, cleaned up, and called a h gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, And why is Ah not have confessed this much earlier?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, like that is just that just makes me just pissed because they would have known what the fuck was going on. Yeh, that someone was literally in jail, yep, and just like withheld this fucking information.
Speaker 1: All I've got to say is, Yep, you're right. Everything you said is right. Geez.
Speaker 2: And also, like what a disturbing person to just do that and then just like walk out.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh you good? Yeah, okay. Well, Roman's defense team, of course, urged Ak's ex boyfriend Ah to undergo a lie detector test on three separate occasions each I do want to start by saying this. We do know that lie detector tests are not crete evidence. However, each test reportedly showed no signs of deception. Do they know who this person is?
Speaker 2: Like? Were they like talking to them?
Speaker 1: You should watch the documentary series I think I want to. Yeah, you should. Now, in light of this, the police arrested ak now, a blonde. She was blonde with fine features, who adamantly denied any involvement in Taier's brutal murder. Aka claimed her ex boyfriend Ah did not handle their breakup very well and accused him of attempting to frame her. She turned the narrative around, asserting that Ah was the one fascinated about blood and engaging in violent acts, further accusing him of domestic violence and sexual abuse. So now where do we stand?
Speaker 2: No kidding? Well, also because I'm just thinking there's probably been more victims that's just popped in my head, which I hate.
Speaker 1: That thought there could be.
Speaker 2: Because if they were just like one of them was just doing this for fun, like yeah, probably not going to be one and done.
Speaker 1: Now. Get this though, While under house arrest, Aka attempted to assault her new boyfriend. While intoxicated, she showed up at his dorm demanded sex, and when he refused, she held a shard of glass to his throat. Wow. Yeah, this there was prompt intervention, thankfully by others in the dorm, because I mean, it's a small area of noise travels. People found out very quickly and they were able to prevent any sort of harm from happening to the new boyfriend, which I'm sure was very quickly an ex boyfriend. But when police arrived, Ak resisted arrest, but later get this, admitted to the allegations against her. She admitted to the allegations of her being the one to murder Tai yeer Oh.
Speaker 2: She admitted to that. I was just thinking it was like with this boyfriend thing, she admitted.
Speaker 1: She admitted, whoa yep.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: Although she was found unfit to stand trial for the assaulting of her boyfriend, she was sent to a psychiatric hospital without formal charges in that regard. Okay. Meanwhile, Ah, the ex boyfriend, faced arrest for obstruction of justice and sexual assault charges against Ak because she claimed this abuse and everything.
Speaker 2: And he was also withhelding information.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, so during his custody now get this one. The police pressured him to retract his testimony about Tai Year's murder, offering to drop the charges against him if he complied.
Speaker 2: What the fuck.
Speaker 1: Because they want roman They why they've got him behind bars.
Speaker 2: I can't understand why they like dislike this person so.
Speaker 1: Much, as you mentioned already. I don't think has anything about dislike against him. I think it's just a matter of not wanting to backtrack, not wanting to go back or accepting they did wrong or anything like that. They're just like, we got this guy, he's already been convicted, retract this statement, like make this go away.
Speaker 2: Gosh, that's just terrible at your job though.
Speaker 1: They're trying to sweep it under the rug. It is very terrible at their job, like the worst. Yeah, your law enforcement, your authorities, your investigators. Your job is to find the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not justice for this little girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're supposed to follow the evidence, and you have evidence at hand. You now have two confessions, two and you wanted.
Speaker 2: To sweep it under the rug and carry on because.
Speaker 1: One confessed and that's when you're going to just go with without investigating the other or what you just want to get dropped anyways. Ah adamantly refused to drop the claims, and after eleven days in custody, he was released without yes without redacting his statement. Now, in a passionate response when they were telling him to drop his statements, ah said this quote, I'm going to kill myself and write in my blood that Ak killed taier Rada. If it takes an explosion to let the public know that Ak murdered taier Rada, I'm willing to be that explosion. Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he at this point, he just like needs it to get out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Now. Unfortunately, Shmuel Rada, Tier's father passed away in January of twenty sixteen after battling cancer. The whole profound grief and anger stemming from her death transformed him into, unfortunately, a broken man, and he succumbed to illness the day after unveiling a synagogue named after Tier's memory in cats Are in m That's really sad. Remarkably, at the close of twenty eighteen, new forensic evidence surfaced on the case. One of those foreign hairs discovered on Tiger's body, specifically like it was located on her stomach, was found to match the DNA of A H. Oh really the ex boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: The ex boyfriend, Yes, the one who came forward with the confession regarding his ex girlfriend being murder shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, see I'm getting these a's mixed up here. So was the boyfriend the boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Shit? So this poses a question. Could A H be the actual perpetrator or had he been accurate with his claims from the start? I mean, given that Ah at the time lived with Ak his ex girlfriend, the presence of his hair being on her clothes when she con made the crime, it's possible. It's a plausible explanation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty one, there was a retrial for Roman Zadaroff in the murder case of taijer Rada, and this resulted in a complete acquittal of all charges, overturning previous convictions that had led to over a decade of imprisonment.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, it's so good that he's out, but gosh, that that is devastating that he spent that long.
Speaker 1: In jail, No kidding, He missed the first at least ten years of maty mean, more than of his son's life. Wow. The live broadcast of the verdict drew intense reactions, with a two to one decision by the panel of three judges at the Nazareth District Court.
Speaker 2: One of them still wanted him in jail.
Speaker 1: Correct holy shit. Judges Asher Kula and Danny Safroti acquitted Roman, while the third judge tomorrow Nasim Shahai, found him guilty.
Speaker 2: Goodness gracious.
Speaker 1: Now in the context of Ah, whose real name is Adir Habani, well, I'm gonna continue saying Ah and Ak because we're already committed on those and Ak, whose name is Ola Cravenshiko. The Nazareth District Court ruled that the hairs found on Tiger's body would be re examined. A hair with DNA possibly matching Ah, of course, raised questions, but the examination did not provide conclusive evidence. Also, the confession of Ak was ruled out. Why I'm assuming because she went to psychiatric care. They're saying she wasn't a right mind.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, okay, And what about those two other hairs? There was three hairs.
Speaker 1: I'mdetermined don't know who they matched to. Despite this, the case remains unsolved to this day, leaving the identity of taier Rada's killer unknown, and the possibility that Tier took this secret to the grave is a very real possibility.
Speaker 2: You're shit and me, Hey, I for sure thought that they would end up having this pinned.
Speaker 1: Nope, that is the story of tayer Rada. We flew through that information.
Speaker 2: That's a shit story, you think. So, yeah, I'm not satisfied with that end. And it's also just devastating that this like vibrant little girl just lost her life for yeah, Like I mean not that anyone loses their life for a reason, but there's like absolutely just no reason for this.
Speaker 1: Now, I do want to talk about the idea on that hair. That hair that was not conclusive. Apparently there was and I didn't research on the exact details, but there is apparently some sort of a match to a h or was it ak the boyfriend the ex boyfriend? There was a match, but it wasn't a strong enough match to be presented as evidence in court. Apparently it was some it was. It was a strong enough match to apparently be worth defending yourself, but not to prosecute an individual.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well yeah, because I guess like people share similar DNA characteristics or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure. Like I said, I didn't go into a deep dive on the hair DNA. What I know is there was somewhat of a match, but it wasn't conclusive.
Speaker 2: It's like percentage or whatever. There's like a fifty probability that this is a match, or like you hear that sort of thing sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's the case. I'm not sure. But what we do know is that the hair was not conclusive enough to be evidence to say this is a match. What pisces me off is that Roman had a footprint and a coerced confession. So we'll say he had a piece of evidence tying him to it, an alleged piece of evidence. We had an alleged piece of evidence tying him to the scene, and he had an alleged confession, both alleged, both not real, and he served like fifteen years. Basically, I'm not doing the math, but it's around there. Now. We have, on the other hand, another alleged confession because it was ruled out, it's still alleged, an alleged confession and also alleged DNA. Yeah, so the same amount of evidence. One was convicted and served over a decade. Yeah, the other was just ruled out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just do it doesn't matter. Gosh, and my question a whatever the chick. Did she have curly hair? I wonder.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one, but I do know if she had blonde hair and fair features. That's what I recall.
Speaker 2: I thought someone said they saw like this curly hair person or something.
Speaker 1: But remember allegedly she had a wig. Oh yeah, that's what the boyfriend was saying, that she had a wig, right, Huh. That could have been what an individual saw. It was a wig.
Speaker 2: Wow, I just like wanted to kill someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that might they have a fascination of what's it feel like. There's so many cases out there where it's like I just want to know what it feels like. I have a fascination with death or blood viscer Wow.
Speaker 2: But my thought is just like, I mean, that would only just like fuel the fire. You'd think it would, right, Like, I don't really know if you would do that and then just like never kill again if it was something that you were super you know, keen on.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. We see that time and time again in different cases that it only escalates further. Yeah, right about it. In the case of many murderers, psychopaths, whoever that start off with this fascination they go. They start with animals, they torture and kill animals, and then guess what, it escalates. They want to do it again and again and again, and then bigger and more people. And then it turns in to see if I can get away with it, how long I can get away with it? What can I do? And then it's tactics on fucking with authorities, and it's this power trip too. It never stops. It's a thirst, a fascination that just hunger that needs more. Yep.
Speaker 2: And so them just like not really, I mean maybe they think they did the best they could, but like, in my opinion, I don't really think they did. This is like a disservice to humanity because other shit has probably they have. Whoever did this is I I would be like willing to bank a lot that they've done harm to others.
Speaker 1: Probably for sure. Yep. I don't doubt you on that whatsoever. I think you're one hundred perc.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is just so disgusting to think about.
Speaker 1: Ith. Yeah, wow, so that was quite a case. Yeah, I have no idea how long this episode was. I think we're over an hour.
Speaker 2: I mean, good job on that one. I would have ran for the hills from that one because like of the name pronunciation.
Speaker 1: So actually, they weren't too bad. I don't think I got them all exactly right, but they weren't too bad.
Speaker 2: Actually, well, yeah, you sound you did good, real good.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate that. Well, thank you guys for being here. Hopefully enjoyed this episode. If you want to check out any of our links, they're all linked down below. We have Instagram, we have Facebook, we have YouTube, which we're really active on. We've got Patreon. You know, you can go there see'son behind the scenes, exclusive content, and even an exclusive episode at the end of the month. If not, you're here, we appreciate that too. You're absolutely awesome in Wicked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so until next week.
Speaker 1: Until next week, stay Wicked.