Speaker 1: Who are the dynasty targets both rookies and veterans that you need to acquire on your team as well as shed off your team. What are the best ADP values right now in FFPC drafts? And who is the key to unlocking success in the million dollar grand prize in the FFPC Management and the million dollar grand prize in the FFPC Big Gorilla. We are here to answer those questions and much more. Tonight, I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around. We have a great show for you tonight. Adam Tutis is here, the five time FFPC League Champion, will co host with me tonight.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fun ride. We have a great show.
Speaker 1: Your FFPC High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour officially starts now.
Speaker 2: It's dam the Pressure broadcast live and hord to round the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot com with your hosts, Eric Bolfman and Farrel Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in.
Speaker 2: The world at now.
Speaker 3: Because no one else was available. Here are Eric bolfman at Farrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you Rob, Hello, greetings and salutations to all of you b alcoholics and Farelli X. Tuning in tonight for the latest edition of the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by the Fantasy Football Players Championship my f f PC dot com. H so good to have you aboard tonight. We have a fantastic show line up for you now. Unfortunately, to disappoint some people already posting on YouTube, we.
Speaker 2: Do not have Farrell Elliott tonight. I screwed up.
Speaker 1: I think we made mention of this last Wednesday on the show when John Terry was on. Farrell is off today. Farrell is off next week as well, so we will have guest co hosts for the next two weeks and Farrell will rejoin us in June, which will be a lot of fun. I can't wait to do that so tonight on the show, which is brought to you by the Fantasy Football Players Championship. Hey, a lot of stuff going on with the FFPC right now, and I want to tell you at the top. The FFPC main event early bird deadline will expire nine days essentially. Now it's eight days because we're already you know, ten oh three in the PM Eastern time zone on Friday, May twenty third. It goes off at midnight Pacific time on May thirty first, which is next Saturday. That is the deadline to get in for the two hundred dollars off your first team.
Speaker 2: And if you do get in by then, you will also have.
Speaker 1: The luxury of being entered in the FFPC process at Joe's drawing, where you will have the opportunity to draft against five other FFPC Joe's and six industry pros, and the winner of each of those twelve leagues or at twelve teen leagues, excuse me, we're gonna have seven of those leagues. The winner of each of those seven leagues will win a free entry in the twenty twenty six f FPC main event. So this is listen. You need to be doing this right now. My FFPC dot com is where to register. Sign up today and take your shot at a million dollar grand prize. Slow drafts already off and running. Live drafts for the will start shortly. I also want to remind you too with the Big Gorilla, and this is included this in the FFPC mailer today in case you saw this or in case you didn't, the FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament not only giving away a million dollar grand prize, not only will you get fifty dollars off every third team that you purchase. Not only are drafts off and running now both low excuse me, both slow and live. You can get into the Early Rampage Tournament. We only have one hundred leagues filled in the Early Rampage Tournament. That means there's one hundred more leagues to go. So when you enter the Big Gorilla right now, not only will we be eligible for that million dollar grand prize, you'll be eligible for that ten thousand dollars grand prize in the Early Rampicks Tournament and the seven Bananas promo as well. Keep in mind, every time you hit a seven pick in a row, you were going to be getting something. We saw Darren Armani, last night's guest on the Insider Access show and the Better Sports Network, Darren Armani won a one hundred and twenty five dollars Best Ball Tournament entry because he got the seven pick twice in a row. Also last night, I think it was claudius I. Claudius I can't remember the user name, but he was the second player to get the seven pick three times in a row so far this drafting season. It's still May and we've already awarded two separate free main event entries to twenty twenty six because these players ended up getting the seven pick three times in a row. You do it four times in a row, boom ten thousand dollars high society entry fee on us. If you do it five times in a row, which granted is not likely but has happened before, you're gonna get a jungle Safari courtesy of the Fantasy Football Players Championship my FFPC dot com. So that's a big gorilla FFPC Bestball and Superplex Bastball Tournament's going on at my FFPC dot com. New this year for the best Ball tournament a one hundred thousand dollars grand excuse me runner up prize, so you could take second, not even win the whole thing, and you will get a six figure prize. Dynasty startups going on at my FFPC dot com. Entry fees range from one hundred dollars all the way up to five thousand dollars eighteen hundred plus leagues. Over the last fifteen years, none have ever folded my FTPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with a friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time, and go live. Okay, I've wasted enough time, ladies and gentlemen, filling in for the incomparable Ferrell Elliott.
Speaker 2: Tonight, we have a guy who is not only well.
Speaker 1: Versed in FFPC Dynasty leagues, but FFPC redraft leagues as well. He's won five of them over the course of his short career in the Fantasy Football Players Championship. Please welcome into the show my co host for the evening, mister Adam tune Tis Adam. So good to have you a board tonight. Good evening, How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm great, It's great to be here.
Speaker 1: Eric, thank you, absolutely good to have you a board tonight.
Speaker 2: So much fun.
Speaker 1: And I know I know that you have been playing a lot of Dynasty stuff, especially the last couple of years. What is it about dynasty Fantasy football that just basically has you captured and captivated that you love it so much?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm an addict in short, you know, I think it's I just like the idea of having a team over the long haul, getting to change it, getting to mix it up. It just it adds a level an element of ownership that you don't get in Redraft, and I like it.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of fun. And I think and you you've done Redraft stuff over the years too. And I've always said this on this show, and I've said it on all my shows, like I think playing Dynasty makes you a better Redraft player that they playing Redraft makes you a better Dynasty player too. I mean, it just it sharpens everything and it really lets you into to that you dialed in to know, Okay, this is what I should be doing here for this year, this is what I should be doing for future years.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's how I've always felt about it.
Speaker 1: I played Redraft and Dynasty, and it's like it's it's sort of like, you know, my my starch and my entrede like I have to have both.
Speaker 2: I can't have one or the other.
Speaker 4: ATAM, I totally agree. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the interview tonight, because I want to let everybody know who you are and why you're on tonight before we get into the fantasy football portion. Tell the viewers, Tell the listeners, what you're doing for a living when you're not winning all these FFPC leagues.
Speaker 4: I'm an attorney. I don't want to tell anybody.
Speaker 2: Your secret's safe with me.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: What kind of law do you practice or is that step like am I overstepping?
Speaker 4: Is that I'm a litigator, a civil litigator. Mostly defense work. Yeah, mostly defense work. But people hire me when they've been sued. They hire me when they're in their darkest hour, and I help them navigate those challenges.
Speaker 1: Much like picking up an orphan dynasty team, right, that would be it could be in its darkest hour and then you basically rescue it from the recesses of ambiguity, of of of of of you know, like the worst possible spot that these orphan teams could be in, you are rescuing them. So it makes it makes a lot of sense. How many years have you been doing this now, Adam?
Speaker 4: An attorney?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I will be twenty years in the fall.
Speaker 2: Good for you? Good for and what part of that? Where are you located?
Speaker 4: I live in West Michigan, the Great.
Speaker 2: Michigan, Oh my god, the Pride of Michigan. Tonight, Big Lions fan.
Speaker 4: Huge Lions fan, lifelong Lions fan.
Speaker 1: What do you make of just, well, well, we'll break it in right now. I don't know if we have any Lions stuff. Well we do with some Lion stuff on the rundown, but we'll get to the specifics on that.
Speaker 2: What do you make of the Lions schedule this year?
Speaker 1: Knowing that I have a I have a terrestrial radio show, a local radio show here in northeast Wisconsin, and one of my listeners to that is a diehard Lions fan and he's been telling me, and I can't really disagree with him, the Lions probably have the toughest schedule, not only in the NFC North but in the entire NFL. They had that first place schedule and obviously going up against the Bears, Vikings, and Packers twice a year, that's no easy task. What do you make of the Lines not only having the toughest schedule in the NFL but breaking in not one but two new coordinators this year under Dan Campbell? Is this like kind of like, hey, listen, they're good enough to navigate this or do you have a little bit of pause when you think about how good Detroit could be this year?
Speaker 2: Because this matters for fantasy too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't say that I have any pause. I mean, I'm actually really excited about the new coordinators. You know, they've been grooming Shepherd for a long time. I've read a lot of interviews that Campbell's given, and they were really intentional about selecting him and keeping him involved last season. And John Morton's been around. I mean, he was here. You know, there's that vignette from Hard Knocks a couple of years back where they were talking about what do we do with Craig Reynolds and Morton said, you don't cut him. He's everything we stand for, right. I mean, so these are familiar faces, and I assume it's going to be a little bit different, but I'm bullish.
Speaker 1: Do you Well, Okay, let's let's let's let's get into the actual fantasy aspect here. So Number one, I want to I want to kick things off with Derrick Henry King. Henry will Will open things up tonight, a guy that we talked about I think we talked about with him with Farrell last week because he signed that two year extension. Uh, in anytime you have a thirty plus year old running back sign anything extension. My Spidey sense perks up because I'm like, really, we're doing this okay. And then the other thing we have to look at here too, Adam is Derick Henry. If we look at the FFPC Big Gorilla ADP right now, which is courtesy Fantasymojo dot Com Darren Armani, who is my guest on the FFPC Insider Access on the Better Sports Network last night. Anytime we cite ADP on this show, it's courtesy of him. We can answer this question from a dynasty standpoint. We can also answer this question from a redraft standpoint. Dereck Henry is running back six dude two oh three right now in the FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament over the last seven days. I know you have some shares in dynasty of him. Can you tell me what type of season you think he's going to have this year and also what you're doing with those shares that you have him in FFPC dynasty leagues.
Speaker 4: I'm holding every share I've got of Derrick Henry and I will ride him until the wheels fall off. I think he's going to be just as good this year as he was last year. His role in the offense isn't going to change. I understand he's a year older, but he's a guy who hasn't shown any signs of dropping off. I mean, he had a run that was twenty one miles an hour last season, So I mean he is who he's always been and he's a great player. And the way I look at him, Eric is he is one of the proven three hundred point players in my lineup. To me, three hundred point players are the gold standard, whether they be receivers, running backs, tight ends. And so I'm holding and I'm just as bullish on him this year as I was last year in the year before.
Speaker 1: Talk about those three hundred point players, like when you are managing your dynasty rosters in the FFPC, it is every move you make, your your sort of your goal the end goal.
Speaker 2: I think about. Here's the way I'll explain this, Sam Presty, this is.
Speaker 1: I know this is NBA and a lot of people are tuning out right now when I start talking basketball, but say, I think it was Sam Presty for the Oklahoma City Thunder several years ago when he was the GM there.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's the GM there anymore, but he.
Speaker 1: Made all these trades. It might have been Darryl Mory actually in Houston. That's that's what I want to talk about. He made all these incremental trades where he got basically five percent better with every single trade. So it took a long while to get there, right, But if you do enough of these in FFPC dynasty, you can actually achieve What's what's the I think it's the red paper clip that was a big thing in the United Kingdom where this dude had a red paper clip and he ended up making like a series of like eight or nine trades and he turned it into like a house in London or something like that because he got incrementally a little bit better every single time. And I I think that's the question I'm kind of posing you to here.
Speaker 2: Is this the way you're handling your dynasty rosters. Are you just trying to like.
Speaker 1: Not win every deal, but just get a little bit better every single time so you know that whatever deal you're making is maybe not going to put you over the edge. But if you make a series of these and continually getting better, then all of a sudden you fall into these three hundred point scores.
Speaker 4: Like you said, yeah for sure, I mean There's two things I think about whenever I'm thinking about a dynasty trade. One is am I consolidating value? What's the value proposition of the deal. But I think, first and foremost, I look at my starting lineup the front line, and I think, am I any better? Does this trade make me better? You know? I mean depth is important. You always want to have depth on your roster. But as many three hundred point players as I can get I'm looking for. And when I enter a rookie draft and I look at folks, I mean, my number one consideration is I don't follow a lot of college football. I don't really have time. I never miss an NFL game, but I've got three kids, I've got a busy law practice, so I don't really tune into college football. But when I do my scouting after the season, I number one try to decide who are these players? What's their bundle of skills? And then I wait for landing spot and I say, is that spot going to unlock those skills? But I always sort them mentally into buckets. Are they a three hundred point player at their highest peak? Are they a two hundred and fifty point player? Are they a two hundred point player, you know, and I want as many three hundred point players as I can, and landing spot's a big part of.
Speaker 1: That, do you I mean, listen, you can never have enough three hundred point scores obviously in Dynasty. Do you feel like there's a sweet spot, like once I hit okay, once I have four, and now I'm happy and like, and now this team can compete. Now that I have two, I feel like I'm in competition. Do you ever think about it in those terms?
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: In those terms are Dynasty, where like, once you achieve a certain level as far as how many of them you have, you feel like, Okay, now I'm in competition mode rather than reload mode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. I mean, to me, the magic numbers probably three. If I've got three people who are conceivably three hundred point players on my team, I feel comfortable. I want, you know, in a perfect world, your starting wide receivers and running backs or three hundred point players or two hundred and fifty plus. I mean, there's like the gray area. But yeah, I think that's right. I think you're muted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry, right, thank you so much. Let's talk about the Steelers. This is not the last time we'll talk about the Steelers tonight. Yeah, George Pickens is now a Dallas cowboy, my friend.
Speaker 2: When when you look at.
Speaker 1: The the the opening for the second wide receiver, and I want to say second pass catcher because I think that's Pat Fyromo, but the second wide receiver in Pittsburgh right now. We can talk dynasteirre redraft here and answer these questions however you see fit. But Roman Wilson, Calvin Austin, those are the best possible options here for you in Pittsburgh right now for fantasy. I know there was talk about potentially the Steelers talking to the Saints about acquiring Chris Olave. I don't think those conversations went very far. But knowing that how it stands right now, and also knowing that they could bring in somebody, they still could trade for somebody.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: They could sign a guy like Keenan Allen that that's a possibility as well. But knowing for anybody who's drafting right now today, May twenty third, Roman Wilson, Calvin Austin, do you have a strong feeling here, of which is the correct Pittsburgh Steeler wide receiver to draft opposite DK Metcalf.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a tough question because Austin's a veteran and I remember listening to a Steelers beat writer a couple of weeks ago while they still had pickens, and he said, Austin is unquestionably the number three pass catcher. The coaching staff trusts him, and he's a veteran. And Wilson missed just about every single minute of last season due to injury. That being said, I love Roman Wilson. I think he's an explosive player. I think he ran like a four to three nine. I think he plays faster than that. He's a slot receiver, but he can win vertically. He's a guy who I mean, And I'm not a Michigan guy. I'm a State grad. But I've watched some Roman Wilson in his college years and I think he's tough. And I would bet on Wilson if I had to. I've got shares.
Speaker 1: You've got shares exactly now. Since you're a State guy, I'll bring this up. I don't think it's on the rundown. What are your thoughts on Jaden Reid knowing that he kind of was the Packers the facto number one wide receiver after they drafted Sabian Williams and Matthew Golden this year, Jayden Reid had to sit down with the Packers GM Brian Gudukunz and Ghuda Kunz assured him that what they did in the draft does not affect his standing as the number one wide receiver on the team, which I think is interesting because the number one wide receiver on the Packers is a lot different than the number one wide receiver and a lot of other teams. What are your feelings about Jaden Reid in Dynasty and re draft right now? Knowing what the Packers did what they did in the NFL Draft.
Speaker 4: I like Jayden Reid a lot. I think he'll have a good year. I'm hoping he has a good year. You know, they ran a lot of pressman coverage the second half of last season against the Packers, and he's I don't want to call him a gadget guy, but he's at his best when you scheme him. Touches find ways to scheme him open, and so I think adding Golden's actually going to help him. I think Golden adds this vertical threat. I think Golden way of thinking about it to me, Eric is he should end up being what they wanted Christian Watson to be in their offense Watson. I love Watson too, but he just he can't stay healthy. So you know, Golden adds that vertical element. And I think hopefully they can scheme Jane Reid open a bunch and design stuff for him.
Speaker 1: And that's sort of what they did when he was crushing it, right, That's what they were doing, and then for whatever reason, they just went away from it the second half of twenty twenty four, which I still don't understand. And obviously with the Williams and Golden thing, maybe, from what you're telling me here tonight, Adam, maybe the Williams and Golden thing presents a buying opportunity for Jaden Reid in Dynasty, and maybe it lowers his ADP to a level that it shouldn't be right now, and we should be getting more Jayden Reid on our team rather than the opposite, which I think a lot of people are doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for better or worse, Eric, That's been my outlook. I mean, I'm kind of a Spartan Homer, But I'm using this as an opportunity to snap up Jade Reid wherever I can.
Speaker 1: I know it's not exciting to talk about the Saints offense because the Saints offense is very offensive from what we have thought.
Speaker 2: I saw something on X today.
Speaker 1: About or No was. A buddy of mine sent me a text that he got a post from X and it was the Saints got kicked out of the draft room at the NFL Draft and then the Yahoo app auto drafted Tyler Shook for them essentially, which I.
Speaker 2: Thought was humorous.
Speaker 1: And we don't I mean, he could be the starter, it could be Spencer Ratler, it could be Kirk Cousins for all we know. Quite frankly, it's wild what's going on in New Orleans right now, and I don't want to And we'll talk about the Saints receivers. I think we'll talk about Saints receivers tonight, but I want to focus in on the running backs. Kendra Miller was a player that I think a lot of us were excited about when he got selected by the Saints in the draft, and yet Dennis Allen and the coaching staff really seemed to keep him in the doghouse there, they didn't like him. Now, who is reasy? Darren Reze, I think, was the guy who got elevated to the interim head coach after Dennis Allen got fired, and Reese said, Hey, there's nobody in my doghouse, and so then I'm okay, Well, let's see what happens with Kendra Miller. And it was just kind of like eh, and then they went out and they got Devin Neil in the draft this year.
Speaker 2: Devin Neil, a player.
Speaker 1: Who his statistical accomplishments at Kansas unquestioned, like, if you like stats, if you like what he did on the field, you gotta love Devin Neil. My concern with Neil is I don't know if he's athletic enough to be a difference maker to be the explosive type of running back that we want for fantasy and that the Saints are looking for there. But I can't ignore the fact that Alvin Kamara will turn I think fifty seven years old this year. Hey, I can't ignore the fact that Kendra Miller has done little to nothing to suggest that.
Speaker 2: He is going to be the backup in New Orleans right enter.
Speaker 1: Devin Neil, and I think it's intriguing here if you are drafting, either in dynasty rookie drafts or maybe have the opportunity to pick one of these guys up, or maybe you're looking for a zero RB guy late in your drafts, the injury away type guy is a Devon Neil for you, Adam or is it Kendra Miller?
Speaker 2: Where do you fall in on this conversation.
Speaker 4: It's Devin Neil without question. I love Devon Neil. I picked him up in just about every rookie draft where I could, and I grabbed him at the end of the second round if I thought that's what I needed to do to get him. I'm very bullish on him. He's a great player.
Speaker 1: Devin Neil is okay and okay, So I guess I should ask this. Is this more of a like, you love Neil or you just are not impressed with Kendra Miller. I guess it's probably a mixture, like you're not but but Neil you really love?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I think Neil's going to be a great professional running back. I'm convinced he will be. It's not as much a criticism of Miller. I just don't think Miller's good enough to keep Neil off the field, you know, all the and I totally understand eric the excitement everybody had when Miller was drafted, because you look at Kamara and you say, look, he's getting along in the tooth, right, he had some injury issues. Now, his demise was grossly overstated. I'm thinking of that old Mark Twain quote, you know, like rumors of my death have been grossly overstated. Kamar is great. But for all the excitement we had about Miller, I have just as much excitement about Neil. And I feel like Neil's got the tape to back it up, whereas I didn't feel that way about Miller. We were projecting when it came to Kendrick Miller. He had a nice year, but Devin Neil had four great years and he was their entire offense. There's a clip on YouTube the Saints put up. It's like fifteen minutes of like silent highlights of Devon Neil. And he's one of these guys with exquisite vision. In my view, right, my humble opinion, his feet and his eyes are perfectly connected. So the plays block for four or five yards, he gets the four or five, and then it looks like somebody's got a beat on him, and he just squeezes away and right out of their grasp. Then he turns that into another cut. He squeezes away right out of their grasp, and one more and then he's caught from behind because he doesn't have long speed. But you look up and that's a fifteen or a twenty yard game. I mean, he reminds me a lot of Kyn Williams. I think they win the same way. And so if Devin Neil sees the field, it's going to be really hard to keep him one. That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And listen, by the way, I'm totally buying in what you're selling here. I think this begs the question, though, long speed as far as running backs go, because you're an Accomplisheddynasty player, is that kind of overrated?
Speaker 2: Do you not necessarily care about that a whole lot?
Speaker 4: I like doubles just as much as I like home runs and guys who are going to pop off for ten, fifteen, twenty yards or doubles hitters. You put a couple of those runs together on every drive and you look up, you fall in the end zone. You got twenty points that week. Yea, you do that a couple of weeks in a row, and you're close to being a three hundred point player. I think it's easy to get caught up in forty times and athleticism. But if there's one position in sports where athleticism matters least, I think it's professional running back.
Speaker 1: I think the thing I've always said, and ah man, this is gonna burn me because I'm not going to remember the full thing, but I remember, like.
Speaker 2: I can't remember it, but there.
Speaker 1: Was a Dynasty analyst, Dynasty fantasy football analystis said this a few years ago, and it stuck with me, but clearly not all the way because I can't remember the whole thing. But he said, there is one particular aspect that was most important to each position in Dynasty Fantasy Football, and the most important aspect for success for running backs was not talent.
Speaker 2: It was not athletic ability, it was not any of those.
Speaker 1: It was opportunity. All you need is an opportunity. You don't have to be the fastest guy in the world. You don't have to make everybody miss, you don't have to be this athletic wunderkin that just sets the world world on fire, you get the opportunity. Ask Kyron Williams, you know, to the point that you just brought up, is he the most?
Speaker 2: Is he gonna?
Speaker 1: Is he a jaw dropping guy that you're like, Oh my god, we got to get.
Speaker 2: This guy, And no he's not.
Speaker 1: And that's okay because he wins with being just a good running back who got an opportunity, and maybe that's all Devin Neil needs as well. There's certainly a non zero chance that if he's given the opportunity this year, if Kamara breaks down, and even if it's only for like a three or four game window or a two or three game window, it'll be very interesting to see what Devin Neil can do. Granted, the offensive line is not great, the whole team is not great, the offense is not great. But we've seen what he could do when the chips are against him in Kansas, and maybe he'll do that in the pros as well. Let's move on here to Mike Evans. Oh my god, Mike Evans. So I want to say, like a week before the draft, Peter Schrager now of ESPN formerly a bit NFL, put out a mock draft and he had the Buccaneers taken like Matthew Golden or it it wasn't Agbuka, but it was another receiver, And I'm like, why would the Buccaneers take a receiver in the first round. They have Evans, they have Godwin. It looks like they found something at Jalen McMillan. I couldn't understand it. And then the Buccaneers went out and grabbed and Mecca Buka in the first round of the draft. By all accounts, this dude is super high as far as character goes, super high floor. This guy can can win in the slot. That's that's probably where his best fantasy output will come in the pros is playing in the slot. He can win on the outside as well. He does it all and now he is the first round pick for the Buccaneers. Chris Godwin is a guy that I love the last couple of years, especially last year, and he's coming off this nasty ankle injury, and yet the Buccaneers gave him a new contract. We know Jalen McMillan is there as well and and really came on at the end of the season. So this is a leading question counts. As you are well versed in this Mike Evans. What's your level of concern? Knowing everything that the picture I just painted about Godwin, about McMillan and at Buka. What do you think about Evans this season? Barely got over a thousand yards last year. I know he missed like three games or whatever. Are we overrating him? Are is he being overdrafted in the Big Gorilla?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: I can tell you, Adam that Mike Evans is going as wide receiver twenty two at the four h six. Certainly I could see him paying that off. But I think there's a non zero chance that he does not pay that off this year as well. I'll stop talking. Give me your thoughts on Mike Evans this year.
Speaker 4: I like Mike Evans, you know, I compare him a lot to Henry. I mean, until I see signs that he's not going to be who he's been, I treat him like he is who he is trying to think of. I mean, I don't view I don't view the Egbuka thing as a criticism on Evans. I mean I think that that was really more they don't want to rush Godwin back. I think I read somewhere their general manager said, you know, we took a best player available approach. We really like it. Buka Godwin's going to be a huge part of our offense still, but this way we don't have to rush him back. I think Mike Evans continues to be the number one target there. He's a guy that just demands the ball. He's tall, he's he's perpetually open, he makes highlight reel catches, he mosses guys ever, you know, whenever. I just he's one of these guys who was fun to watch. I don't see him going anywhere. That being said, I don't know that he's going to play after this season. So I like him more in Redraft than I do Dynasty. But with all these old guys on my roster, these proven players, I'm just going to ride them until the wheels fall off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that kind of leads me into this next point, and I think you kind of already answered it. I am of the same Dynasty thinking as you. I feel like if you try to sell on these guys late in their career, I think you often get burned by it because you're not going to get a lot for him, You're probably not going to get full value. And I always This is my hines Ward theorem, Right, hines Ward, I just kept on my roster and I just like, yeah, I'll throw them in wide receiver, three, wide receiver, four, bye weeks whatever. And yet this dude turned out great season after great season when everybody else left them for dead. And for me, I'm much more likely to just be like, I've been a bag holder on Travis Kelcey in a couple of my leagues in dynasty leagues last few seasons. Mike Evans I do own in a couple of my dynasty leagues as well, and I just feel like trying to sell these guys towards the end of their career, you're actually it's detrimental to your team because I think that the probability for these guys who you know, it's not like Evans had like a four hundred yard season last year, right, he still had a really good season. And so when they're not, I mean, maybe they're showing signs and you know, maybe they fall off the cliff. I just feel like, more often than not, if you trade these players towards the end of their careers, you end up regretting it. And that's not something I want to do, and it seems like that's the way you're playing it. Obviously, I don't want to lump all players into that bucket, but it seems like more often than not, you're playing it the same way.
Speaker 4: I mean, my concern with a guy like Evans or Henry is just that they're more likely to get injured as they get older. I mean, their level of play has been pretty consistent, but as you get old. I know, I'm forty seven, and I know what it's like to roll out of bed and have a kink in your neck just because your head was turned one way at night, right, So I get that. I'm just I look at them and I say, you know, next season, I might need to do something with that roster spot, but as long as they're there, I'm happy to have them.
Speaker 1: I am too, And and I'll like I always think about like with players like that, that's a problem for twenty twenty six meters, that's a problem for twenty twenty seven. Like, I'm just gonna live out and see what I can do with these guys on my team.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get back to your lions.
Speaker 1: Here. There has been a ground swell of love, and we'll get to I think I got.
Speaker 2: Roma Dunze in here. Maybe I don't have Roman Dunzy.
Speaker 1: I thought I did. Yeah, I got I got Roma Dunesey in here somewhere. Maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 1: Did I not put Rome Dunsay in the rundown? I wanted to talk. Well, we'll find a way to bring up Rome Oduonsay with you tonight. But let's talk about Jameison Williams here. Jamison Williams is a player that we have heard talked about in trade rumors. We have heard him talked about by Dan Campbell as this or not Campbell John Morton talking about this could be his best season ever? Right, Morton saying, I've never been around somebody this fast except for Jamier Gibbs, so he's been around, you know, two really fast players. Now that he's been the OC here for the Lions, Jamison Williams, what are his chances on having his best season ever this year? And I'll bring this up right now, which I did not realize until a couple of weeks ago at him, that James and Williams actually had over a thousand yards receiving last year, which I didn't blow my mind but I was really surprised to see that just over one thousand. I'll get thirteen hundred and anything like that was just over one thousand. But wide receiver twenty nine at the six oh four in Big Gorilla drafts. Right now, it's behind Hunt and Flowers, it's ahead of Pickens and Judy. What are the chances that Jamison Williams number one, has his best season ever and number two, and maybe more importantly, pays off that mid sixth round ADP.
Speaker 4: I think there's a really good chance he pays off that ADP. I mean, I think he's going to be better than he was last year. You know, he's effectively coming into his third season, which is an inflection point for a lot of receivers. It's technically his fourth, but he missed all of his first because of injury, and so I consider that basically a lost season. He's showed a lot of growth last year. In training camp, Campbell was saying things like, he's finally one of the guys. Right, His sound like weren't as critical. He's meshing with the system. He's one of the guys. He's a guy that blocks his ass off, He's a guy that plays to win, not for stats. Those are guys who do well on the Lions. I mean, he feels like a Lion to me. I don't think I don't expect him to be traded. There's a chance I guess that they don't. If he has another thousand yard season, maybe they don't have the money to resign him. And that was what the Isaac Taslaw draft, what the pick was about. But I mean, certainly this season, I love Jamo.
Speaker 1: What do you make of that Tuslath thing? Because they gave up essentially two extra third round picks. Yeah, they get this guy on their team. And Taslav is a guy that you know, you could see the raw ability, right, but it is raw. I mean it's not like he had all this great production last year at Arkansas. The pieces are there for him to be a quality NFL receiver, maybe a quality fantasy receiver as well, do you I mean it sounds like that is not playing a big role in how you feel about Jamison Williams though. The fact that they gave up all this capital to get up and get this guy that to me, Williams replacement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might be. I don't think he will be this year. I love Isaac look and in full disclosure, I'm a little biased. So he is from my neck of the woods, my current hometown, and I have a daughter, high school aged daughter that is a stud two sport athlete and she works out at the same sports performance facility Isaac did when he was in high school, and he comes back and trains when he's home from college. And you know, I didn't make the connection at first. It's a Dutch sounding last name, and I remember seeing it on the record board when I'd go to the gym to pick up my daughter, and I think it was Lance zir lyons Combine tracker. You know, I was scrolling down one day and I saw Isaac Taslott. I thought, God, that is not a common name, and I scrolled over clicked on it. He's from Hudsonville, Michigan, which is basically where I live. And so the next time I was in the gym, I found the head coach and I said, what can you tell me about Isaac? And this is a I mean, this facility is chalk full of exceptional high school and college level athletes looking to bring the best out of themselves without missing a beat, he said. He is one of the highest motor, highest character kids we've ever trained. I would bet on him, and that was before the Lions drafted him, So I was obviously juiced when we did. I mean, I understand we paid a lot, but you know, he's like a four four three. He's a foty inch vertical. You know. He started as a quarterback in high school in a wing t offense. He's very smart. He went to Hillsdale, where his dad had a bunch of football records. It's a small Division two school in Michigan. He went to Hillsdale, broke all his dad's records, entered the portal, went to Arkansas. He didn't get a lot of playing time, but he's also new to the position, so he feels like a lion to me. You know, I've seen interviews where Holmes said he went to the Senior Bowl, didn't know anything about him, saw him blocking his ass off and what he said, pestering the hell out of defensive backs, and he said, who is this kid? Get me his film? And he checked him out and said he was my favorite receiver in the draft. So I like Isaac. It's not soured me on jam Wood all, especially this year. But would I be surprised if Jamison Williams puts up a thousand yard season and we don't resign him and Isaac slatsun to his role. No, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes perfect sense. You're constantly reloading. And I think that we have seen in the NFL a lot of smart gms will do this, where they will bet on the work ethic, they will bet on the talent, they.
Speaker 2: Will bet on the stuff that you can't coach up right.
Speaker 1: I think the Packers have done this for years at the edge rusher position right where they take these raw guys. Sometimes they turn out right, like Rashan Gary had all these intangibles that you simply it's God given talent, work ethic and athletic ability.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it works out.
Speaker 1: And then you look at Lucas van Ness with the Packers, who was like a top fifteen pick in the NFL draft, had all the talent in the world, all the athletic ability. They call him Hercules because of how he looks, but hasn't translated into NFL production.
Speaker 2: And could this happen with Teslav? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, he's raw, you know, He's got all these things that you just can't coach. So why not take a chance at him when everybody's trying to win at the margins in the NFL and quite frankly, we're trying to win at the margins and dynasty fantasy football as well. Might be worth a chance to take Tesla on your team. Dean Sanders apparently wanted him, according to Bill Hollywood, another Big Lions fan hanging out in the YouTube chat tonight.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to another rookie in Houston. I have had the opportunity to draft this guy a couple of times. I think I've done it once, but I think it was Redraft. I think it was a redraft fastball team. I don't think I've taken him in Dynasty, even though I had the opportunity, and I keep passing him up. And here's why, Jalen nol in Houston. There's a narrative out there that says, because Higgins and Collins are so complimentary that Noel, who is a different type of receiver stylistically, will get on the field more right because he compliments what Collins and Higgins do. I look at it from the standpoint Adam like, this guy is like the third target on this team right now, and maybe long term he's the fourth. I mean, we'll see what happens with Tank Dell. Maybe Tank Dell is just done. I don't know, but I really have a hard time. It's part of the reason. Who's the guy the Chiefs took the receiver this year in the draft Williams No No, No.
Speaker 2: Day three. He was.
Speaker 1: He was a guy that like I've had the opportunity to draft, and I'm like, I can't take this guy because the YouTube channel helped me out, because he's behind Worthy, he's behind Rashie Rice. I just I don't understand. Yeah, you're Jalen Royals. Thank you, Adam Hahn. We have that right now. John Terry also trying at Jalen Royals like I've been, I haven't been taking this guy. And I'm kind of applying the same thing to Noel here because I understand that he should be on the field more.
Speaker 2: But man, Collins and Higgins are really good.
Speaker 1: Higgins was the first second round Pith to get a four fully guaranteed contract by the NFL.
Speaker 2: So to me, it's just like, why should I be in on Knowle. Are you in on Nole?
Speaker 1: Can you sell me on Jalen Knowle as a Dynasty prospect?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm in on Nole. I feel the same way about him I do about Devin Neil. He was the guy who I targeted wherever I could grab him. I think he was the third best receiver out of his class to my untrained eye. He I think he's better than his teammates Higgins. I understand he's been comped to Oh gosh, I'm blanking on the name. It's late Christian Kirk. He's been comp to Kirk. They're very similar. And the other guy was comp t Nico Collins, and so it's kind of odd they reloaded with doppelgangers of their guys exactly. You know, Nole's fast, he's physical, he plays bigger than his size. You know, he's a guy. He's a guy that put up twenty five reps on the bench press at the combine. That's like offensive lineman numbers right, So he's sub for four twenty five reps. I thought he was a better player than Higgins. So it's one of these where I'm just betting on my gut, you know, like in my line of work. Following your gut is one of the most important things you can do. You can overthink things. As an attorney, you're trained to overthink things. But we have these intuitions and you have to learn to trust your intuition. My intuition is that Jalen Nole's going to be a great pro. It might take him a little while to see the field take. Dell might not come back, Higgins may disappoint. They may just decide that Noel can be more move outside as well as inside, and they just want him out there more often. But he's got I don't ever want to compare anybody to Saint Brown. There's only one Saint Brown, but he reminded me of Saint Brown when I watched his film.
Speaker 1: Jalen Nol did okay, absolutely absolutely So now I have to bring this up because I'm glad you brought up the intuition aspect of it. Maybe there's some crossover here from practicing law and playing Dynasty Fantasy Football.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's not.
Speaker 1: But sometimes I think when I have convictions about how I think a certain thing is going to turn out, my tendency and I fought against this for years. I'm getting better at it over the last ten or so. My tendency is just to live in my own echo chamber, and I will search out statistics, opinions, thoughts, reasons that just support what I think is the correct answer right, rather than open my mind to all the other possibilities right. As a lawyer, I'm sure that you battle with this too, where you think you know what the right play is, what the right answer is, what you know the right circumstance is, but you have to trust your gut to a certain point. Do you feel like that transfers over to a fantasy football where you actually you're trusting your gut.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, when you.
Speaker 1: Research it, it's not always easy to open your mind up to opposing viewpoints on that. I think that's what I don't want to say separates the men from the boys in Dynasty.
Speaker 2: But I think, God, that is such a tough thing to deal with.
Speaker 4: It's a tough line to straddle. I mean, you don't want to get caught up in take lock right, which is another way of thinking about it. But at the same time, if you've better, if you're a football fan and you've been playing Dynasty long enough, you will develop organically and intuition, and you shouldn't tune that out just because Matt Harmon or somebody who knows a lot about ball says otherwise. So the approach I take again, I don't watch a lot of college football. I will come to the scouting process late after the season's over. I'll pull a highlight video, I'll read a bunch, I'll listen to a bunch of people, Matt Harmon being one of them, the folks on bootleg Football, just the guys who know a lot about ball. I'll listen to what they say about prospects. I'll see what matches my untrained eye, and then I'll kind of let my intuition take it from there. And then I mean, obviously, landing spot plays a huge role. I think the Houston landing spot is a sneaky good one for Nole. I really do.
Speaker 1: I you know, And I should be sharing this because this throws my credibility right out the window. There have been so many times where I'm on the clock in like a Best Ball League or even KFFFC main event or whatever, where like I'm deciding on a player like oh should I draft them?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Should I not?
Speaker 1: And it's just whatever podcast I last listen to or whatever article I last read what they said about, Like, well, Jared Smolla said this about them, so I'm gonna take them.
Speaker 2: I like, it's so stupid and it's dumb, and I can't get out of my own head.
Speaker 1: And again I've gotten away from that a little bit, but still it's in my mind.
Speaker 4: Okay, I totally agree. I mean I think of it this way Eric, to some degree, rookie drafts, any draft, it's get your guy season. If you feel strongly about a guy. So I took him with the seventh pick and set of the tenth. I didn't capture value. Who cares. I got the guy I wanted. If I think this guy is going to be a two hundred and fifty point player or a three hundred point player, why the hell wouldn't I take him if he's available.
Speaker 1: I was listening to the Fantasy Points podcast with John Hanson and Brian Drake today actually, and they were talking about George went Stories, who played Norman Cheers just passed away Rip and Hanson was in a league with it was like a celebrity league. This is way back in the day, and he was co owners with George went on this team, and they were talking about, like, listen, we have to get the Bears defense here in this league because not only are they going to be good, but you are like the Bears super fan from Saturday Night Live, like you we have to have George Wentz say our you know, ninth overall pick George Wentz on hands and take dub Bears like it would have been great. I think it was Palaire Lostra, who uh a longtime serious x fantasy sports radio hosts, ended up taking the Bears in the seventh round that year, and the Bears scored like, I mean, their defense is unbelievable. This is I don't know how many years ago it was, but they scored like double digit touchdowns, and so Hanson said, like, this is one of the biggest regrets of my fantasy career is not taking the Bears defense to make sure I got him. So, if there is a player in dynasty redrafting, you don't want to get crazy with this, but if there's a player that you just gotta have, take them around, take them two rounds early just to make sure you have them on your team, which is kind of like what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Here, sure, especially in Dynasty.
Speaker 1: Dude, Like like, I'll look at Dynasty ADP from my rookie drafts, but man, it's it's really hard for me to put a whole lot of stock into that because I overdraft guys in that all the time. We're all just going on research. We're going going on got we're going on what other people say because we've never seen these guys in an NFL field, So to me, like overdrafting them. It's like, well, who says that that's an overdraft?
Speaker 2: We don't know. Like redraft, it's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: But Dynasty, man, it is totally get your guys season there for sure. Travis Hunter is the new wide receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars after they trade it up from five to get him, which is wild. When you think about all the different weaknesses that the Jaguars probably had coming into the draft, you would not have thought wide receiver was one of them. But Brian Thomas being the second best, maybe the best wide receiver in the twenty twenty four rookie class and then Jacksonville went ahead. Sigmun Bloom always talks about this in football, guys, make your strength even stronger, which is what the Jaguars did. Now they have Travis Hunter opposite Brian Thomas, which is great for the Jaguars. But is it great for Brian Thomas. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. What are your thoughts on how Hunter is going to affect Brian Thomas's stat line this season.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like it'll negatively affect BTJ. I love BTJ. I've got a bunch of shares. He was another guy I grabbed wherever I could, even if I had to spend what was considered an early pick to get him in last year's rookie drafts. But no, I just think adding they lost Evan Ingram, they don't have Christian Kirk. It's not like having two pass catchers necessarily means the guy who's the number one is going to suffer statistically. I think, if anything, it'll help. I mean, it could maybe lead to them getting opportunities where they can be more creative with Thomas. So no, I don't think it's a bad thing. I don't think it will negatively impact Thomas. And I think Thomas's presence should help Hunter too.
Speaker 1: What do you make of I took Dami Brown as a late. It was like a twenty fifth, twenty six round pick in a Best Ball that I was doing. He's been getting some favorable reviews. I mean, it's ota is whatever, who cares? But what do you make of Damie Brown there? Considering that if Hunter were to miss some time and if you playing you know, defensive snaps as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know his body is going to react to that. But if Brown were.
Speaker 1: To step in on that offense in place of Thomas, in place of Hunter as the number two option, I think that's kind of sneaky. It's it's sneaky exciting. What do you think about Dianmi Brown as a late round best ball pick? And I know, like listen, draft whoever you want that late it doesn't really matter. But what do you make of Diami Brown as as the number three receiver in Jacksonville this year?
Speaker 4: I don't hate it. I mean, I honestly, Eric I hadn't thought much about Brown, but I mean, why not? I mean it's it's look, it's just as probable a dart throw is taking anybody else in the late rounds, anybody who's got a conceivable path to target share, anybody who's a veteran player that showed they can have success on that level is worth taking a flyer on, especially if you think there's a chance they end up as the number two target. I don't know that Brown ends up as a number two target, but won't he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, here's the thing. I don't think he does.
Speaker 1: But I do think if there were any like again, it's it's just an injury away type thing where maybe he's the number two target for three weeks in November or two weeks in October, and and maybe that's all the difference to to.
Speaker 2: Spur you up.
Speaker 1: You know, your your your leaderboard, your scoreboard, or whatever you need to do. I think that's that's what I'm looking at, Like it gets to be a certain point in drafts, more more so with running backs than wide receivers. I'm just looking for windows, right, windows of opportunity, knowing, like these guys, who's the guy in Minnesota that they just traded from San Francisco Mas Jordan Mason? Thank you? Yeah, that's a perfect guy. Like it's not like Aaron Jones has to tear an a c L for him to have value. Aaron Jones could like strain a Hammy and then I get three weeks of starting running back out of Jordan Mason. Yeah, I love that, you know. And that's the thing with Dianmi Brown too. It's just it's just windows at that point, not necessarily. I don't need to hit a home run. You said yourself, you like doubles.
Speaker 4: As much as good and Mason. Eric Mason another guy I love. I mean, he's shown that when you give him a heavy workload, he can handle it. And he's a different kind of running back than Jones. So I'm bullish on Mason.
Speaker 1: The other thing about Mason is, yeah, I know they didn't give up a lot of draft capital to get him from San Francisco, but then they sign him to that contract. And Aaron Jones has always dealt with a lot of soft tissue stuff in his time in Green Bay. He didn't deal with anything like that in Minnesota. Last year he.
Speaker 2: Had his.
Speaker 1: MO I think he had the most touches of any season as a pro in Minnesota last year. I am willing to bet that that was an outlier and that he is not going to be able to be able to take that volume and stay healthy, which is another reason I like Jordan Mason this year. Jordan Mason, by the way, in the FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament over the last seven days, running back thirty seven at the nine to ten turn.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely in on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have to get to these YouTube chat questions here. I'm trying to find a here out. Yeah, Cooley Gang said this early when we were talking about the Jags. Well, now he's not a Jag anymore. He's a Bronco. But do you think Evan Ingram is a sneaky good pick? Because I think him and Nix will be awesome. Evan Ingram is going as tight end eight at him right now at the seven oh two. He is essentially a full round behind Hockinson and Kelsey. He's going right at the same spot as John Osmith, and he's going about a half round ahead of Ndjoku and Mark Andrews. What do you think about Evan Ingram Ingram excuse me, being a sneaky good pick at the seven oh two.
Speaker 4: I love Evan Ingram And when they signed him, the talk was that he was going to be Sean Payton's joker, which is terrific. Right, everybody wants Peyton's joker. Look Evan Ingram is a guy who's explosive when you get him into space. He's a great pass catching tight end if you can get I mean, he's relatively inexpensive as well in drafts. So he's a guy who I feel good about, especially in Redraft in the short term. I've got Evan Ingram shares on my Dynasty teams, and I look at him the way I look at Henry. All Right, that's a twenty twenty six ish you a twenty twenty seven issue, But for twenty twenty five, I'm riding with him.
Speaker 1: So the other thing too, we got on the Jaguars here on the show. Pearson pumped this into the YouTube chat. Since we're on the Jags topic, the Beshell Tuton fumble on the first touch in camp has gained some traction now Beshelle Tuton and the FFPC Big Grill again. Over the last seven days, Mishelle Tuton is running back thirty three at the eight to eleven. I have seen some pundence rankings out there, and not a whole lot of them put him as a top thirty five running back for Redraft.
Speaker 2: I can tell myself a story.
Speaker 1: The story is getting more and more realistic as I go on that the Jaguars simply just the new coaching machine, does not like Travis Etn, that Tank Bigsby is sort of just a guy. And then they went invested not only in Michelle Tuton in this draft, but they also invested in Laquin Allen, who could be the future one two punch in Jacksonville, Liam Cohen or on that Liam Cohen, I think it was James Gladstone. James Gladstone the GM of Jacksonville. When he was being interviewed for the GM job, they said, well, who's a player that you would like to get on this team? And he said, well, I'd love to get a player like Michelle Touton, and then lo and behold what happens They end up drafting Mischelle Touton. I like this guy. I like him quite a bit, and I've heard a lot of people and I think I'm with these people. Keep fumbling Michelle, because I need your ADP to go down. I would like a lot of shares of Teuton. You're a Dynasty guy as well. How do you feel about Tuton and his future in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: I'm very bullish on this play.
Speaker 4: I think they drafted him for a reason. He's got juice for days. I will tell you he's a guy who in my rookie drafts I avoided not because I don't like him, but just because I wasn't willing to pay the market rate for him. He's a guy who, to me, the most important characteristic is vision. Right, we talked about athleticism versus being a good runner of the football. I think he is an average runner of the football, but he's super duper explosive. He's not a guy who creates except for the fact he's very fast, and I contradict him with the guy like Chan eight. Chan was also very fast, but he was an incredible runner of the football. I mean, he's got incredible vision. He's a guy who you know he was small, but I forget one of his last games of his last season. I think he had like thirty five carries against LSU ran for two hundred yards. He was pounding it in between the tackles across the goal line. This is a guy who plays running back who happens to be really really fast. I don't know that I feel the same way about Tutin, even though their speeds the same. I don't dislike Tuton. I just wasn't going to pay what he was going for in drafts.
Speaker 1: So right now, if you're doing a redraft league and you see Touton going at the eight to nine turn in Cam Skataboo, Jalen Warren, Naji Harris, Tyrone, Tracy Territory, does that seem like a goodbye to you?
Speaker 4: In redraft? I would probably take all those guys over Toton. I would definitely take Najee Harris over Toton in redraft. In dynasty, I mean, I feel a little bit better about him, But Scataboo's a guy. He's really interesting to me. I think he's a great player. I think he's very underrated. He reminds me a lot of David Montgomery. I think the Giants took him so that he could be the early down guy. I love Tyrone Tracy, don't get me wrong. I'm not critical Tracy, but he is not built to carry the load Scataboo is, and so you know, I could see Scataboo getting close to two hundred touches this year and having a significant portion of the goal line equity. I'm interested in guys like that, particularly in the eighth and ninth round of a draft. Like, if you're going zero RB, I look for goal line equity, and yeah, typically I'll take the cheapest of a backfield duo if I'm doing zero RB, because often there's a huge market dispirit, like one guy's going in round four, one guy going in round ten, and you're like, eh, I like the guy in round ten at that price. But Skataboo's a guy who I mean, goal one equity is big. It's why I love Montgomery. I had a bunch of Gibbs shares this year and I offloaded them wherever I could because people saw jamired He's a great player. He's my son's favorite player. We have an autograph of Jamiir Gibbs at the house. He's great. But the point is, people remember the last couple games of the season when Montgomery wasn't there. They share a backfield. Gibbs is not going to be the bell cow. He's not built to be the bell cow. The Lions offense is successful because they have both of those guys. They're each super insurance policies on the other. But instead of taking Gibbs in the first round, I'll take Montgomery in the sixth or the seventh.
Speaker 1: Theo Greminger from Fantasy Points. He was talking about this more so in like February March. I don't know if he's I mean, I listened to a lot of his stuff and I haven't heard him, and maybe he still feels this way. I don't know, but he said that he thinks in the FFPC Big Gorilla and the main Event, we were going to see some Jamiir gives one oh one picks. Simply for the point that you're bringing up, everybody remembers how last season ended, and they don't necessarily remember that. Part of the reason Gibbs was putting up those video game numbers was because David Montgomery wasn't out there and he's not saying, hey, you need a tech take Gibbs at the one on one. He just thought, like, we're gonna see some Gibbs at the one O one. I don't know if we've seen it in the Big Gorilla over the last seven days. I'm gonna look that up right now.
Speaker 2: Jamiir Gibs. The highest he's gone has been the one o two.
Speaker 1: So he's got up to the one oh two average ADP of the one oh five. So there you go on that, just real quick, on the Scataboo Tracy thing. I'm gonna bring this up right now.
Speaker 2: S n Y H.
Speaker 1: Connor Hughes, who covers the Giants, said that, and again, this.
Speaker 2: Was, you know, a week and a half ago.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be surprising if Scataboo wound up as the Giants' third down back. But yet, Adam, you see it a little bit differently. You think Skataboo could be the early down banger first and second down, and then Tracy is the guy who comes out on third down.
Speaker 4: I do, and he might know a heck of a lot more than me if he's covering the Giants. That's just my gut feeling. I mean, I think we're seeing a lot of teams trying to replicate the Sonic and Knuckles Montgomery and Gibbs. Right, We've got a guy with a lot of juice. We've got a guy who can shake and pound in between the tackles, and I see Scataboo and Tracy as being some version of that combo. And to me, Scataboo's going to be the early down guy.
Speaker 1: Just so I'm not putting words in your mouth, Scataboo is running back thirty one at the eight oh six tyrone Tracy running back thirty five at the nine h two. In a perfect world, your opinion in redraft, you're skipping Scataboo and you're taking Tracy.
Speaker 4: Probably, okay, all right, probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Adam Hans sayings as Scataboo as a future third down back, we'll see. I don't know, like I could go either way on this right now. But that's the thing, like, you know, and that's why these guys are going so close together and so late where they're both eighth and ninth round picks, Like we just don't know how the Giants are going to deploy. And oh, by the way, the Giants offense could stink this year. That's another thing we have to consider too. It's like, how much run are these guys going to get? If if it's just the Milik Neighbors show again in twenty twenty five, we are up against it. I want to get to a couple of emails and one final question here before we let you go tonight, Adam Clyde in Buffalo, Do I have this right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I do not. No, let's skip the emails. My apologies, just email is not it's not accurate.
Speaker 2: We got to skip it. Okay, sorry Clyde and Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Let's ask one final question of you answer this dynasty purposes, redraft purposes, however you want to handle it. If there's one player that you want to try to get on as many teams as possible this season, who is it realistically? Obviously, I'm sure you'd love to say Jon Robinson or Saquon Barkley. That just can't happen because you won't get the one on one or one oh two in every single draft. Or Jamar Chase is another one. So one player realistically that you want to get on all your teams this season, and then another player maybe you're trying to deal him off your dynasty leagues. Maybe it's a player that you just don't want to have anything to do with on your twenty twenty five squads.
Speaker 2: At him.
Speaker 4: I love Caleb Johnson. I'm getting him wherever I can. You know, he's a guy who was built for an outside zone scheme where he's going to get a lot of volume and he has a perfect landing spot. His forty yard dash wasn't great. His ten yard split wasn't great, but he's another guy who I'm told hit twenty one miles an hour during the forty yard dash. So he reminds me a lot of like a Derrick Henry. He needs some time to build up speed, but once he gets rolling, he gets rolling. He's going to inherit the Lion's Sheriff, not all of in my view, Najee Harris's touches. We know who Jalen Warren is. He's a great player, he's good to have on your roster, but he's not their bell cow. I think Johnson will be their bell cow. And he's a guy who I've got pegged is somewhere in between a two hundred and fifty and three in a point player. Maybe not this season, but fully realized, I think he will be.
Speaker 1: I think the other thing to understand about the Caleb Johnson thing is like, yeah, he was only a third round pick or whatever, but that's still Day two draft capital and Jalen Warren. I think we saw a report from one of the Steelers beat writers saying that they expect Warren to play out this contract in Pittsburgh this season and then he's off the Steelers next year. So Obviously they have much more invested in the Caleb Johnson. Why wouldn't you want to see what you have in this guy? And like, I think he gets a bad rap that he's not a pass catcher. Caleb Johnson could catch passes too.
Speaker 4: Sure, Sure, I think he's a good football player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is what you want, right David Hubbard former twenty sixteen FFPC main event is an easy game.
Speaker 2: Just draft good players. That's all you need to do, and then you'll win.
Speaker 1: A guy who's not a good player, a player that you want to stay away from this season?
Speaker 2: Who would that be at him?
Speaker 4: That's tough, And I'm not a hater. I mean there, I'm mostly agnostic when it comes to players. To me, it's about what I have to pay for them, right, I Mean, they're like any other They're like a car. I'll drive anything. The question is how much do I need to pay for it?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm not willing to pay Ferrari money for a Ford, But a car is a car and I need a ride to work. So there's nobody who I'm all the way out on. But I don't think a guy who's just going too expensive.
Speaker 2: Well, I always frame it like this too.
Speaker 1: Like when I get to like, I don't know, like round six, round seven or whatever, or even like the mid rounds like ten to eleven, there are certain players that just stick out to me like they are easy to eliminate for me as possibilities in those rounds.
Speaker 2: And so I think that's how we could frame the question too.
Speaker 1: It's it's like, you know, maybe you don't like, you don't hate these guys, you don't dislike these guys, but they never really come into the conversation of like, yeah, maybe let's take this guy here.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe any Chiefs pass catcher besides Travis Kelcey. You know, I mean I'm not I'm not feeling like that's necessarily going to be the right play.
Speaker 1: See now now you bring this up, I think this is a good conversation to end on tonight. In regards to the Chiefs, Rashie Rice has finally moved up. Like it seemed like every single fantasy pundit out there has been saying screaming value for Rashie Rice. Well, now he's finally starting move up boards. He has moved up to wide receiver nineteen at the four h two. Xavier Worthy is going right behind him at the four h six. For you, it's an easy decision, like you're not paying early fourth round draft capital for either one of those receivers when quite frankly, we don't know if like, are they going to cannibalize each other? Is one going to be the standout somehow? And then you've got to deal with Travis Kelce there as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I view their wide receiver room a lot like I do the Packers. I mean, there's just a lot of unknowns, and I'm not going to pay fourth round value for an unknown. I'd probably take a tight end or a quarterback in that range, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we look at it right now, I'll figure out my mojo here and tell you who else is going there.
Speaker 2: But there are players.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you look in that Rice Worthy territory, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Omari and Hampton is there. DJ Moore, Mike Evans, Jayden Daniels. Let's talk about Hampton here for a second. I know I keep saying like we're gonna end it, We're gonna not sorry this stuff.
Speaker 2: That always comes up.
Speaker 1: You liked Naji Harris quite a bit over Who's the running back we were talking about earlier, Bechelle Tooton, Yeah, yeah, you liked him quite a bit there. Do you also like the value of Naji Harris compared to Amari and Hampton's value.
Speaker 4: I mean, I expect, I expect Harris to start the season as their belcow. I think once Hampton sees the field, he'll be tough to keep off the field, and I expect by the end of the season he will be a fifteen to twenty point player every game. I mean, that's Hampton for sure, for sure. But you know, so I view Harris the way I viewed Cuba Hubbard last year, and I didn't know that. God, I'm blinking on the kid's name from Texas who they drafted that hurt himself again.
Speaker 2: Oh Jonathan Brooks.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean the thought was Brooks is gonna come back, but you could get Hubbard really late. And I thought, all right, so I've got six weeks of a starting running back, right, You're talking about windows like I saw window there. I think the same thing for Harris. I'm willing to pay, you know, ninth tenth round value for a window of six, seven, maybe eight weeks of starting running back, especially if you're going zero RB. When I do zero RB, that's what I do. I mean, I window shop, literally, I look for those opportunities, and so I target guys who should start the season as the starting back.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny about that with the Chargers is Hampton is already running back fifteen at the four h three in the FFPC Big Gorilla Competition. Harris is running back thirty fourth to nine oh one. I don't really, I don't think history would say that those guys are going to get closer. History would say the younger guy will move up more, the veteran will fall more. Well, the veteran is already going what did I just say, like five rounds after the rookie. Like, as we get closer and closer to live drafts at Paris in Las Vegas for the FFPC live events, we're going to see Hampton go up a little bit, not a lot, but a little bit, we could see Harris fall even more. And Harris could be a double digit round pick. Can you imagine that? I just it's it's crazy. He might be a screaming value as well. When when during drafting season we'll have it all covered on the high stakes fantasy football or.
Speaker 2: My god, Adam, the hour just flew by.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've been talking this whole time, but I've learned a lot from you, a five time FFPC League champion, a guy that I know we'll have a lot more championships in store, not only in twenty twenty five but beyond. Congratulations all your success. Thank you so much for pinch hitting for Farrell tonight. You were awesome and I know that the YouTube chat was lit up so they definitely loved having you on as well. Be good, go Lions and and hopefully we'll talk down the road for sure. Great holiday, Thank you, Happy Memorial Day to you as well. That is Adam Tootists, ladies and gentlemen, five time FFPC League champion joining me in the high stakes Fantasy Football hover tonight. I want to thank I want to thank the FFPC, Rob Bryce, and of course each and every one of you for hanging out, watching, streaming, listening, downloading. We will be back next Friday at ten pm Eastern Time with another great guest. In case you missed Thursday night's Insider Access show on the Better Sports Network, we had Darren Armani from Fantasy Mojo on last night. He and I chopped out it for two hours. That was a blast as well. Learned a lot about Fantasy Mojo. In fact, the middle segment we had on the show was literally called what I learned at fantasymojo dot Com. So if you want to know what you can learn at fantasymojo dot com, watch that show. It's on the FFPC and Better Supports Network Socials. We will be back this coming Thursday at seven pm Eastern Time, seven to nine. Rode Wire and Series XM Fantasy Sports Radio's Jim Coventry will guest co host with me on Thursday, So that's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: The Big Gorilla Yes, the FFPC Bestball Tournament Yes, the FFPC Super Flex Bestball Tournament Yes. And of course Dynasty Startups Yes. What you also need to be saying yes to the FFPC Main Event, our flagship of that a million dollar grand prize, six million dollar prize pool. The early bird deadline will be eight days from now midnight Pacific time. That is your deadline to save two hundred dollars off your first team and be entered into the prestigious FFPC pros versus Joe's Drawing, where you could be one of the forty two Joes chosen to battle forty two industry pros and compete for seven count of seven FFPC main event entries that will be free, one awarded to each league champion for twenty twenty six. Slow drafts already off and running. We're gonna have live drafts I think starting next week as well, so check that out at my FFPC dot com.
Speaker 2: For Adam Tuntis, I have been Eric Balkman.
Speaker 1: This has been the high Stakes Fantasy Footballer on the Fantasy Football Players Championship YouTube channel. Your Weekend, Your Holiday Weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of Stakes Fatasley Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Balky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Programming note, I have to remind everybody Farrell will not be on the show next week either. He will rejoin me the first Friday in June as a co host. That is June sixth, he'll be back, so I'll have not only a guest this week, I'll have another guest co host next week as well, which is.
Speaker 2: Always a lot of fun, so check that out.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, be safe and enjoy your friends and family this holiday weekend. I'll talk with you again Thursday night on Insider Access and then of course the HSFF our next Friday.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching, everybody, appreciate each and everyone