Speaker 1: My name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat acerbic wife. She's an acquired taste. Friends got a brand new hairdo. And her name's Tricia. Hi, everybody, big day yesterday, Tricia got her haircut. Yeah, and it's always a tense moment whether or not it's going to be liked or not when it's done right.
Speaker 2: This is my second time visiting my new beauty operator beauty operator, and so far I like her. And one of the key indicators that she's a good one I'm going to keep her is because I actually like how my hair looks when I leave the salon, like how she styles it. I never like how the stylist styles it after I get it cut and colored. I like it today.
Speaker 1: You are definitely not in any form of ponytail mode.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: If I am in ponytail territory, then my hair's in a ponytail. I kind of do this on purpose. There's no ponytail option this summer. Well, if you like it, I like it, Oh good, thank you. You know what our daughter said, our sixteen year old daughter and her friends, They said, my bob was fie. You know what fi means.
Speaker 1: I guess fires or firefire is too hard to say, Bob is fie?
Speaker 2: So I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: A couple of.
Speaker 1: Birthdays to let you know about my future wife. Margot Robbie's thirty five. I'm only twenty two years older.
Speaker 2: Is that's your future wife?
Speaker 4: That wouldn't be weird, would it?
Speaker 2: Margot Robbie or Anne Hathaway. Mmm?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with probably Anne Hathaway.
Speaker 2: Really you've seen Margo Robbie, right.
Speaker 4: I just have a thing for Anny Hathaway.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 1: Larry David's seventy eight love Larry David on television.
Speaker 4: I could never be his friend.
Speaker 2: I feel like certain he should be in his nineties by now.
Speaker 1: Yeah he acts like it, that's for sure. But he's one of those guys like just he would drive me insane being friends with him. First thing who made you laugh today, Trish.
Speaker 2: She's got a soft heart and a filthy mouth, like a Hallmark card written by Samuel L. Jackson. I like the word filthy.
Speaker 4: Filthy is a good word.
Speaker 2: Not a dirty mouth, filthy amount.
Speaker 1: So my mother always described the girls that the family that lived next door to that when she was growing up, The Fox family triplets surely, but not triple. It's just sisters Shirley, Betty and Wanda Fox. Yeah. They said filthiest people ever seen it in your life? Just filthy, Yeah, filthy, filthy people.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a whole new level.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Three girls, Shirley, Betty and Wanda. It's kind of funny, right, Yeah, for some reason. I don't know why it is, but it is. Make sure you grabbed the podcast version of the show. It's available every day seventh or Texas at seven three seven threes ere A one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 4: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play song quiz in just a little bit. Hopefully we'll rebound from last week's last minute disaster where we got flim flammed by the game and a song that nobody knew, Yeah, no one ever heard of before.
Speaker 2: And the guy got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something was messed up there, and the story we love is coming up. Tricia's got the story we love coming up in just a moment of Rosie O'Donnell.
Speaker 2: You thought she was gone, right, she won't go away.
Speaker 4: She won't go away. You're right, that's coming up in just a sec.
Speaker 1: But I read something very very disturbing for me that Americans this Fourth of July are going to skip the grill and prepare hot dogs in their air fryers. I saw that, and there's a word for that, Communist.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's the word for it.
Speaker 1: Don't cook your Fourth of July hot dogs in your air air frar.
Speaker 2: That's about as un American as you can get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that just screams the wissification of America.
Speaker 2: Right, because you gotta be out there. You're gonna putting your time at the grill in the heat outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just get out there and do it.
Speaker 2: Come on, you guys.
Speaker 1: We had a friend once and they took over the grilling of the hot dogs on the Fourth of July once.
Speaker 4: And they were never asked to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. You just love it. You love it that that happened. It was one mistake.
Speaker 1: I don't think someone should come to a man's home and take over his grill and then foul it up.
Speaker 4: Sandy. I'm just saying, you know, do that, you don't do that. The stories.
Speaker 2: Like studio all right. Rosie O'Donnell apparently did not enjoy watching the Jeff Bezos Lauren Sanchez's wedding and might be because she wasn't invited and had to settle for getting the information through news reports like the rest of us did. But it apparently bothered her so much that she took to substack and wrote a poem. And here's what it said, turned my stomach seeing all these billionaires gathering in the gross excess of it, all the show of it, that was one part of it. Then she took it aim at Oprah. I didn't know Oprah and Rosie had beef, did you? I know? If they didn't before, they do now. And this is what she wrote, is Oprah friends with Jeff Bezos? Really? How is that possible? He treats his employees with disdain by any metric, He's not a nice man. And then she went on to attack Lauren Sanchez at Rosie, O'Donnell, stop Rose moved. You made a big spectacle of moving. Nobody stopped you. Yeah, she moves to here's the thing.
Speaker 1: She moves to Ireland so she can get away from America. Yet she keeps trying to inject herself into everything that's American. I really think there's something wrong with her, Like she needs professional help. If you follow her social media's there's something wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't follow her.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, and she just could you imagine going through life being that miserable, right, that you had to write that stupid poem about two people that you probably don't even know. Yeah, and just be I mean, just be that miserable.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm always very interested in people who do stuff like this, Like did she get a lot of responses right, Like where people like heck, yeah, Rosie, we're with you, like her followers and stuff like that. Right, But you're right, it's very injecting herself into American culture. Nothing to do with her nothing Again, what I thought was very interesting a report that I heard when she was making such a huge deal about moving because Trump became president, And I mean really, people were like, Okay.
Speaker 1: She's one of those people that but she has a much bigger platform than most of us. She's just one of those people that thinks everybody wants to hear her opinion on everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one does, nobody cares. I feel like at some point she was relevant. She was a very funny comedian. She was on the nice Yeah. But at some point, though, like I feel like that's passed and it's starting to feel like she's just trying to claw at hanging on to it. Yeah, it's uncomfortable. It's very sad. I think it's sad.
Speaker 1: So the JB and Sandy Show starts at seven.
Speaker 4: If you missed yesterday's show, here's something you missed.
Speaker 1: The world's most annoying gender reveiled party apparently happened in Austin. JB's gonna tell us about it in just a moment and a quick request, a small public service announcement. You fireworks lovers, I know you pyromaniacs are out there. You want to snap off your lady fingers and shoot off your bottle rockets and you know, do all that stuff. Can you just wait till the fourth of July? We don't clean it on the third one night, Okay, I get it. That's fine. I'll put up with it, but we don't need it all night on the third too, or the fifth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the like, I'm I'm in Austin, near down town, so it's not a big factor.
Speaker 4: What's it?
Speaker 2: What's the ruling in Cedar Park doesn't seem to matter? Yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I just wonder if they're illegal, but people are definitely firing them.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: I think it is illegal in Williamson.
Speaker 3: County, and it's been we haven't had much rain. Keep that in mind, it's very dry out there.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's definitely illegal in the Austin city limits. People do not do not care about that. I'm looking up right now to see.
Speaker 1: I think Williamson County is you're not supposed to, but I think people do it anyway and it's allowed. And the I so bad for a lot of the dogs. Yeah, some dogs that's scared to death. Did you find that, Tricia.
Speaker 2: They say that some fireworks are still allowed in parts of unincorporated Williamson County, but they're encouraging people not to shoot them off within the city limits.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll just save it for the fourth if you've got them.
Speaker 2: Okay, come on, you guys, let us sleep the other nights. Please, JB.
Speaker 4: Tell us about this gender reveal that you were at.
Speaker 3: It showed up in my social media feed because someone I know was there. Okay, I don't know who the people are, but it was in their story.
Speaker 4: And it was Oh my god, I see the look on JB's face. Right, it's painful to even say.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, my daughter's twenty three gender reveal was not a thing when your daughter was born.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years ago? Was that a thing?
Speaker 4: No thing?
Speaker 3: The Lord, No, it's a very new thing, and it's just another reason to have another dang party and collect gifts from people, I swear. But it was on a rooftop and in downtown Austin, on a pickleball court, and they threw a ball up and hit it, pink dust everywhere, and a bunch of twenty somethings cheering and whooping, and oh.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh gosh.
Speaker 3: You're annoying.
Speaker 2: I don't even know you when you're annoying. And those videos of these gender they're not going to age.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna look back on those and be like, what were we thinking?
Speaker 4: Why did you do that? Right?
Speaker 2: They went all out though a pickleball.
Speaker 4: Root on a rooftop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that one of those fancy buildings downtown today?
Speaker 4: Is that common to have.
Speaker 3: A pickle I don't know. They're popping up everywhere. Yeah, you know, I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't have a pickleball court.
Speaker 2: Or never played it. For you never played it either?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, I'm not saying I wouldn't. I just wouldn't be annoying about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, friends who love pickleball so much they built their own court in their backyard. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: That's for your neighbors. It's the most annoying sound.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, your friend.
Speaker 3: I have a friend in Terrytown and the and the very wealthy family that combined like three lots put a pickleball court right up against her fence. And so she has to listen to that on the evenings like it's a it's a it's just an annoying sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So but it was there having a girl these people.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: So cutting to the ball boy, you know, I Tricia said she would have full on had a gender reveled party. But she's gonna look like a single mom at it because I wanted to go to it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's I'm not up to I'm not up to the rules on gender reveals. Again, it wasn't a thing when my daughter was born. But do they do a because there's blue and pink? Is there a non binary ray? Dust wouldn't be get a yellow cake? Let me be clear.
Speaker 2: When I said I would have done it, that was back when the gender reveal was simply slicing a cake and the inside of the cake was blue or pink. This was before the fireworks that like burnt hundreds and hundreds of acres at a gender reveal gone wrong. This was before the pickleball. This was before the gender reveals got ridiculous. I would have been happy with the little cake slice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't have anything to do with it. Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing, just embarrassing all the way around, and everyone's just trying to top.
Speaker 3: Each other with it too, right, and they want to go viral, right, it's yeah, it's not about Okay, that might have been cute, but it's about going viral online. It's not just about you and your partner and your friends.
Speaker 4: It's it's more than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the pompost.
Speaker 3: It's probably what they said, this is going to be great content.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, you're right.
Speaker 2: It's like pomposals. Nobody just asks anymore. You have to do something big and crazy for a promoposal.
Speaker 1: Oh guys, stop it, stopping it.
Speaker 2: He's always like, oh my god, they are going to be so embarrassed down the road when this video comes back around. They are some of them are a little cringey, but they're going to.
Speaker 4: Be like, what was I thinking to do that?
Speaker 1: To ask this girl to go to prom with me by filling her car up with em and m's and Skittles? O?
Speaker 2: I would love that so much.
Speaker 4: But the funny.
Speaker 1: One was there was a funny one with a kid that played hockey, one of the kids that Landry goes to school with.
Speaker 4: What did he do?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, what did he do? He he somehow incorporated a bad word into his question? What was it? And it was like, only with me, each kid hold a letter, a letter, it would be fucking great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I just found an article on some of the new trends for parents.
Speaker 4: These are newer things.
Speaker 3: These did not exist when our children were born. Conception announcements. Couples are now sharing IVF success, embryo transfer day, or even ovulation test results as a pre pregnancy announcement. Name reveal parties are a thing. Name reveals, ultrasound three D scan viewing parties are now a thing. What registry reveal are now a thing? And there's one more, the nursery reveal how you decorated it? So it's really nothing to do with the baby at all. It is just to do with you getting all of the attention about all the things that you're doing. An ovulation reveal party.
Speaker 4: Is that like your mucus plug?
Speaker 2: Is there nothing but the way before the mucus plugs?
Speaker 4: What's the mucus plug?
Speaker 2: The mucus plugs. When you're about to give birth, that's when you know you better hurry it up. It's when your mucus plug shoots out. How about C section scar reveal? Come on?
Speaker 3: First breast reading reveal.
Speaker 2: Whether or not you pooped or did not poop on the table during birth reveal?
Speaker 3: What they what do they call that? That first poop?
Speaker 2: Marcromium reveal reveal? The crusty belly button reveal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you think about all of this, having the baby's disgusting, it really is. It's really really gross, isn't it? That was from yesterday morning. The JB and Sandy Hour starts at seven this morning, or stream the podcast whenever you want. Search JB and Sandy on iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: I'd like to get a shout out to two every single day air goggers that I hear from every day. Pam number ten and Sonya number one.
Speaker 2: I love it that they check in.
Speaker 1: They check in every single day and let us know that they're out there. So thank you very much, and said Sonya said says you can't start a day without hearing from us, which is super sweet.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, Right, ready for caring, don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, get your air gong hand, ready, get your mallet ready, Here.
Speaker 2: We go, all right, Sandy, do you care? Don't care? To find out what happened in Cedar Point, Ohio when they opened up their new roller coaster on Saturday for a new attraction. It is this it King's Island. I believe so been there, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'll care.
Speaker 2: Yep. They were opened the brand new roller coaster on Saturday and on the first ride, it immediately broke down and stranded a bunch of people up.
Speaker 4: Not a good start.
Speaker 2: Don't think it was ready to uh ready to be open.
Speaker 1: You got to be what it feel for the engineers people that put that together, they tested it with no one on it over and over and then the one time they get some people on it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: The one time everybody was fine, Wow, that's embarrassing. Sandy, Do you care? Don't care? To find out with thousands of people in Norway thought they won but did not win. And really, if this happened to me, man, I would throw down.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I care, and I think I can guess what it is, just because what you said there at the end.
Speaker 4: Apparently they thought they won the lotto.
Speaker 2: Thousands of people in Norway thought they won a huge prize in the lottery this past Friday, but it turned out it was a clerical error. Ouch, thousands of people thought they won. Oh, oh my god, forty seven thousand people to be exact, Oh, they went thousand mad people, huge amounts of many. Can you imagine, like everybody dreams of what that feeling is like to hit the lottery. Yeah, and then to find out that it was a mistake and it was a currency conversion issue or something crazy.
Speaker 4: Like that, so they get nothing.
Speaker 2: Mistakenly informed they had won and they get nothing. At some heads would roll. Yeah, that's all I can say, all right, Sandy. Last one, Kara, don't care to find out what the most popular toy was the year you were born?
Speaker 1: Year I was born in June of nineteen sixty eight, Sure, what was it?
Speaker 2: You had the pleasure of having hot wheels be the number one toy the year that you were born.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great for some people. I just not a bad childhood memories.
Speaker 2: Of hot wheels, but before the bad childhood memories, before the incident. We'll just refer to it as the incident. Did you not like hot wheels car?
Speaker 4: I kind of.
Speaker 1: I mean I'd never really been a car guy, you know, but like no, I mean I had like one I got my map by my hot wheels tracks, and then I got one car.
Speaker 4: You know. That was it. It wasn't like you kept collecting.
Speaker 2: Them or that was it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was it mine. I threw them away.
Speaker 2: And then you threw them away because you got in trouble with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I got in trouble with the hot whealels tracks.
Speaker 2: Mine was weebels flame we people's wobbles but they don't fall down. Bles wabble, but they don't fall down the egg shaped figures that are waited on the bottle. Blame blame. That was mine. I was one year off from nerfball. Man nerf Ball was nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have the nerf ball in the swimming pool and get it full of water and throw it that throw it.
Speaker 2: It was no longer the ball that did not hurt you water and not.
Speaker 4: The easiest ball to throw either.
Speaker 1: No, and then and then my neighbor, I remember my neighbor's dog used to always tear up the nerf ball at me.
Speaker 4: It was so mad. Don't leave it in the yard. Don't leave it in the yard.
Speaker 2: Gerald, weren't you a pet rock guy? No, you didn't have pet rocky.
Speaker 1: There's a big dispute in our house. Okay, listen, my mother has this rock. It's red and it's got a black black eyes and a black smiley face on it. She is convinced herself that I made painted that rock.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it came from. I really don't. And my mom thinks Sandy painted that when he was eight, or she a skept it all these years. I'm like, Mom, I didn't paint it. I don't know where it came. You're not crafty guy, I don't think you were.
Speaker 4: Then look at it. You know I didn't paint.
Speaker 2: That because it's like really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly weird. Yeah, what a strange childhood I had.
Speaker 2: I know you're very angsty about your childhood. That's for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh, you should have seen me when I was a child. I'm glad, angry, angry young man. I was the epitome of the angry gen X angry.
Speaker 2: Generation you except you were doing it back in the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 4: I was ahead of my time.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you very much for listening.
Speaker 1: Make sure you listen to the radio every morning two six until ten on Austin's eighty station what O three point one.