Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Case.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: You're a Los Angeles Dodgers, first place atop the NLS seventy four and fifty two in the division. As the Dodgers continue their three game set with the Seattle Mariners Game two tonight, Walker Buehler on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 4: Coming up.
Speaker 2: Over the next hour here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: We'll dive deeper into this pit chain matchup.
Speaker 2: David Vats joins us throughout the hour, of course, and he'll go one on one with Justin Turner, who had a great pregame ceremony last night before the series opener. David's gonna go one on one with JT. We'll get you your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll go down to the field with Kirsten Watson. In just a few minutes, we're gonna head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and check in with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner, who's on the call to start the game tonight. Well, last night at the Ravine, Stone pitched the gym as the Dodgers lineup was finally at full strength. Gavin Stone the Dodgers leader and wins. He went out and was really good again last night. Seven shutout innings. He allowed just two hits along the way while striking out a career high ten. The Dodgers offense, finally with everybody healthy, topped the bottom. This lineup looking like what we thought it was gonna look like when the season started. Guys got hurt, Guys are coming off the end of the list. Max Munty's back, Tommy Edmund activated made his Dodger debut. The Dodgers' bats finally came alive in the seventh inning with one out, Gavin Loucks too too.
Speaker 5: Gavin swings hits a drying, wet center field. It's deep, heading back to the wall.
Speaker 6: It is done.
Speaker 1: It's a home run turk.
Speaker 5: Gavin looks ama Dodgers leading one.
Speaker 7: Nothing much looks with home running up Umber nine on the season.
Speaker 2: Gavin lux goes deep. Dodgers up one to nothing. Luxey now batting three sixty six with ten doubles, six home runs and twenty rbi in the second half of the season alone. The Dodgers weren't done. The very next batter, Will Smith gets hit by a pitch that brought up Max Munsey.
Speaker 5: Chasing the starter Brian Woo out of the game after six and a thirty only allowed the one run on two hits, walk to and struck out five responsible for Smith at first and Monsey Hammer's line. This one's deep, this one's gone.
Speaker 4: Maxwell is back and.
Speaker 3: He's slimer a sober hammer.
Speaker 5: That is three nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Home run number ten for Monthsey.
Speaker 2: Two run home run for Max Monsey, his first since May seventh.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up three to nothing. That's the top tier player of the game.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Gavin. He was fantastic last night. So was a Max Moncie. But how about Gavin Stone on the mound the seven shutout innings, Joe Kelly pitched the scoreless eighth. Evan Phillips came in a scoreless ninth Inny to close it out. Dodgers go on and shut out the Mariners three to nothing. Gavin Stone is eleventh win of the season the Dodgers' pitching staff. They allowed only two hits in the game, which is the fewest number of hits the Dodgers have allowed in a game this season. With the win, the Dodgers now seventy four and fifty two, first place in the division, ahead of the Padres and the Diamondbacks. Tonight, game two of this three game series. It's a big one for Walker Buehler, who's back on the mound, first pitch coming up at seven to ten, and with more let's head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast. But as we say hello and welcome in Rick Monday, Charlie Steiner, guys.
Speaker 4: All right, Tim, It's game two of the three game series.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers had the Mariners last night behind Gavin Stone, a three nothing win. The Dodgers now at seventy four and fifty two, have the second best wreck in the National League, and they have a three game lead on San Diego four on Arizona. The Mariners at sixty four and sixty two second place in the American League West, five behind the Houston Astros.
Speaker 4: Last night, Gavin Stone was really the story.
Speaker 8: He was really the story. By the way, nice to have you back. We need to do this more often. And my friend, if we go back to last night's ball game, a couple of things just really kind of struck me. First of all, if you look at Gavin Stone won a breath of fresh air, he has been I mean, he came in, he went seven innings, no runs on the two hits. He had twelve consecutive first strikes thrown to begin the ballgame. That is a pretty good league up On top of it, Dodgers had some timely hitting a couple of home runs coming to seventh inning. But the other big deal to the Dodgers made some very good defensive plays, and I think throughout the season the Dodgers defense has maybe been overlooked a little bit too much because they rose the occasion last night.
Speaker 7: And that shutout last night, the eleventh recorded by Dodger Pitch.
Speaker 8: It was also a weird too, Charlie, from a standpoint, is it not too often do you have this happened with two teams in one game. Ah, it was a three to nothing shutout, but both teams were zero for one with throwners in scoring position, so hitting and timely hitting was obviously right at the top of the chalkboard.
Speaker 7: And down the stretch we come. There are thirty six games left in the regular season, Dodgers twenty at home, sixteen on the road.
Speaker 4: This is the second game of the three game series with.
Speaker 7: The Mariners, and we'll detail the pitching matchups coming up a little bit later on.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be Walker Buehler tonight.
Speaker 7: He as much to prove against Brightce Miller lineups in first pitch coming up later, Tim, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, Charlie. Great to tear your voice as we cunt you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor, or are your Shakey's Pizza shake it and Mojo's right now, it's Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with the David say he'll go one on what Justin Turner will dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: It's a big one for Walker Buehler. But up next to your Otani.
Speaker 2: Rewind and we'll head down to the field and visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports Net LA. We're leading you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 2: Tasker Hernandez Bobblehead Night out of the Ravine for the first forty thousand attendance, Walker Bueller, Bryce Miller. The pitching matchup tonight in Game two of this three game set Dodgers Mariners.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 5: Rewind to two on the way. Johnny hits it to the left side. That's gonna roll in the left field of base shif an opposite field single for Old Tani show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani one for three last night on base twice with a walk. Now hitting two to ninety on this season, still a six eleven slugging percentage, sitting on thirty nine home runs and thirty seven stolen bases. So TONI rewind brought to you by eto ainsy oh jud Japan's number one green Tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon and etoin dot com at it t O e N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from the field the Dodgers stadium. A Walker Buehler gets to start tonight, Kirston, And we've seen some really good starts in the Dodgers as of racing, and Walker Buehler would be nice if he can come out and go long for the Dodgers tonight.
Speaker 9: And give him some length exactly, especially you know, he's coming off of a shortened doubting and the pitch count got up. He had a handful of walks and that's what really kind of got to meet is pitching behind me count. So the hope is for today you said, for him to go deeper into the game, that would be the first thing, but also just to have you know, a quality start for himself. Dave Roberts was saying today that he's just felt that you know, there have been parts which like kicking me in hasn't really been there, and it's about getting that first pitch strike. If he can just do that, get ahead in the accounts, because like that will put him up in and a good position to be successful. So hopefully, I mean, and that's that's the start of it. That he did say there's a few little delivery things he wants to see from him, but he does. You know, with Walker, he's healthy, and so the hope is that it can just be a start that can put him in the right direction to get him back on track. As to what we have been seeing from Walker pre injury and even have parts this year as well.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice to see Walker go out there and do his thing tonight, get back on track here for the final six weeks of the season. As far as the injury updates, Garrison yesterday, the Dodger, you get Tommy Edmunds backs, get Max Mounsey back.
Speaker 3: What's the latest with Yoshi Amamoto.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So for Yoshiovo, he actually he throw like a shortened bullpen today and he is going to throw a sin meme tomorrow that they have for that. Daviad is going to go two innings tomorrow, then he will next week throw three innings in the same game and then he's actually gonna go out on his rehab assignment. So he's progressing. So what you know, realistically, if each week you're building up, once he probably gets that five innings mark, he could be in a good spot to return as long as he continues to be healthy and he feels like he's in a really good spot. He's been very optimistic and very confident that, you know, he feels good, that soreness in his shoulder has dissipated. So as long as everything keeps moving in the right direction, we'll be seeing him back. What an a handful of weeks. Now, it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: To think what about Chris Taylor because the Dodgers could be getting him back sooner rather than later. If they do, it's another roster spot they gotta.
Speaker 9: Find, Yeah, and you know that's another tough decision that's going to have to be had. So for Chris, he's actually out on his rehab assignment now, he's with Rancho. So Dave Roberts is saying there was some conversation that he could potend to return this weekend. They've said today that you know, they'll see it. That could be the case. But what he really wants to see from Chris is ultimately his role is going to be a bat off the bench, and he wants to make sure that his swing isn't a really good spot. Chris has shared with the media that he's been working on a lot of stuff regard to the swing and it feels who it's comfortable with it now. So once he can through those results and he can know that he is a really viable option, a bat that can be consistent with the limited opportunity that he's likely going to have coming off the bench, they're going into, you know, the postseason student so that's what's got to be the focus. So once he can show that he's good with that, and yeah, he'll be returning, could be sooner than later, but that is that does mean there is going to be a very tough conversation's going to have to be had us to who is going to be taken out for him to have that roster shot.
Speaker 3: No, that's going to be a tough decision. Christen. We appreciate what check out with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans enhances you're listening and experience by downloading the iHeart radio app and listening in HD It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelino's Lacare dot Org. Coming up, we'll get you your Dodgers pitching matchup David vatsagoes one on one Justin Turner. But up next at Injury Report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Leading up to Dodgers and Mariners on this Tuesday night. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Brogo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday night. Oscar Hernandez Bobble n Night out of the Ravine to lead you up to Dodgers and Mariners Brongo Casino Resort and Spot. It's a grand Slam for good times, Walker Bueler, Bryce Miller. The pitching matchup will dive deeper to the numbers. Coming up first pitch of sevent.
Speaker 1: Ten, it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Freddie Freeman's playing through the pain of the hairline fracture in his right middle finger. Austin Barnes fractured toe. He's on the IL. Tyler Glass now on the IL with right elbow. Ten to nine is Bruce Ark Gratterol on the iel the right hamstring strain. Chris Taylor, as Kirsen alluded to, on the iel, progressing. He's on a minor league rehab assignment. Going to be in ranchall Koukamonga with the Quakes this week. Blake trying to write hip discomfort. He's progressing. Yoshinoba Yamamoto, you heard the update as well. All right, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium as we check out the Dodgers, giver.
Speaker 10: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 11: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts Well, what is telling me he's progressing. I think the conversations that we've had, you know, talking to Mark Pryor so that's one part of it. I think that what I'm looking for tonight is strike one. You know, a snow secret that when a pitcher gets ahead in the count, he has a lot more success. You know that last start in Milwaukee, I think he was somewhere in the thirties or high third percent of first pitch strike So you know, if we can get it somewhere around sixty percent, he's gonna have a lot more success and it's going to be an easier path for him. So I think that, you know, sitting here right now, I'd like to look back and say, hey, he filled up the strike zone and got strike one tonight with the offense.
Speaker 9: When we saw last I know you talked about just not only a the a complete win for this team, but just how you've seen everyone come back together and being healthy.
Speaker 1: Just how valuable has that been.
Speaker 11: It's been great. I think that now we can start, you know, if it stays kind of how it's been and guys can sort of get comfortable in their individual roles and it's starting to kind of play out as we envisioned it. I thought last night we ran out a very competitive lineup and sort of waited out Wu who threw a heck of a ball game. We've got a tough task to night and Miller who's really good as well. And I like the guys running out there, giving Migi a day off, but to still have Tommy at short and to run Caerma out there and center. I think we can prevent runs and so yeah, I think the length is there, the left right, and you know we just got to get you know, certain guys to go out there and pitch.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, there's Dave Roberts. Yeah, talking about the lineup. It is balanced topped to bottom. Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts say, Titan in his own right down there in the dugout, He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business. To lend Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot Com. From one Titan to another. David Vassay. When we come back, he leads up to first Pitch. Dodgers and Mariners on te Oscar Hernandez bab La. That night, First Pitch is seven ten have Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the blue all season law.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mariners on this Tuesday night. Tasker Hernandez bomb ahead night for the first forty thousand attendance, Walker Wheeler on the mount the impiring crew for Tonight's game, brought to by Fred Layer Insurance, celebrating fifty years providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 1: Times, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Dead.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, d V.
Speaker 2: It's been a long season, but finally kind of feels like the Dodgers lineup is where we thought it would be.
Speaker 3: This deep one through nine, it's pretty good.
Speaker 6: And even better than what we thought at the beginning of the season because Gavin Lux all of a sudden, has become a real problem for opposing pitchers since the All Star Break, since he went to go visit his uncle Aggy Schmidt in Wisconsin. He got back on track and better than ever. We haven't seen Gavin Lux, even when he was healthy two or three years ago, really command the batter's the way he is right now, hitting three sixty six six home runs since the All Star Break, and it seems like he has slowed.
Speaker 4: Down the game quite a bit.
Speaker 6: And then you add in Max Munsey's return, plus the acquisition of Tommy Edmond, who is starting at shortstop tonight one through nine. There's no other team out there that can say they have this type of lineup, and it reminds me of, you know, the twenty one Dodgers, the twenty seventeen Dodgers, where there is no place to exhale in this starting lineup.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, it's choices, find yours with the four f one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this march, it can only be called the f one fifty. Walker Revueler gets to start David one in four five point fifty eight ero last time out, couldn't get out of the fourth ning. Four runs, four hits, four walks. Feels like there's a lot of questions now still surrounding Walker Vieler and what they're gonna do with it moving forward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and just tonight, the biggest question is can he get strike one?
Speaker 4: He hasn't been able to do that.
Speaker 6: He was only throwing thirty percent of first pitch strikes in his last couple of starts. Dave Roberts said he's hoping that after the game he could talk about the fact that Walker Buehler was able to get sixty percent strike once against the Mariners tonight. And let's face it, the Mariners are one of the worst hitting teams in baseball, lois batting average in baseball, the most strikeouts as an offense in baseball. You saw what Gavin Stone did to them last night. If Walker Bueller can't get back on track against this team, which team can.
Speaker 4: He get back on track on?
Speaker 6: And the question is what are the alternatives for the Dodgers If it isn't Walker Buehler, Is it Landon Nack, Is it Justin Robleski, Bobby Miller struggling? Where do the Dodgers turn if Walker Buehler can't turn his season around.
Speaker 2: David Who's Dodger closer? Or is it closer by committee?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts' game very annoyed with a certain sports writer that continues to ask for the fourth straight day if Michael Kopek is the closer or after last night, is Evan Phillips the closer. Dave Roberts has maintained that it's closer by committee. He is going to use whoever's available and whoever is the best as far as those groupings of hitters. And right now Evan Phillips has got his season back on track because he's playing off his ninety six to ninety eight fastball instead of just using his sweeper. So if Michael Kopek is not available, Evan Phillips or Daniel Hudson's going to close games. If Michael Kopek is available, there's a good chance you're going to see Kopek face the best hitters if they're coming up in the ninth inning. So nothing has changed, no matter how many days in a row. Dave Roberts is going to be asked.
Speaker 3: About it, foul thing DV.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmund last night was in the outfield. Tonight, he's in the lineup and at shortstop. Is this something we're gonna see moving forward? Or they're gonna try to lock him into one position?
Speaker 6: Now, this is what you're going to see moving forward. Tommy Edmond is going to play the majority of his games in center field, and on the nights the Dodgers give Miguel Rojas off, you're going to see Tommy Edmund slide to shortstop. And I really love to see Kevin Kiermeier playing center field the rest of the season when Tommy Edmund is that shortstop that seems to be the logical lineup, so we'll see how it looks moving forward.
Speaker 3: He's the best in the business.
Speaker 2: Our Dodger insider David I say, thanks, TV. We'll check back you with you in just a little bit. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from Justin Turner that's coming up in fifteen minutes. We'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup. But pop next your Dodger magical moment. We're leading up to Dodgers and Mariners on this Tuesday night. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kaatese's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Guys, we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: And the Dodgers and Mariners on this Tuesday night. Dodgers won the series opener. Last night was a shutout of Fig Tree. Kevin Stone was great. Walker Buehler looking to get back on track here in twenty twenty four. He gets to start tonight, Dodger fans, so get you ready for first pitch on this ta Oscar Hernandez Bobblehead Night first pitch set for seventeen.
Speaker 12: Had about name hot dog who went too It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment Ditch Magical Magic Phone presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to twenty fifteen April thirteenth, twenty fifteen, Dodgers taking on the Seattle Mariners. Dodgers and Mariners went to extra Indians when Alex Guerrero walked it off.
Speaker 8: Two and two.
Speaker 7: Guerrero live's running in the right tener field. There's gonna be a faceed hit and the Dodgers are gonna win it. Guerrero's yesterday his first pick league home run and today his first walkoff pick as a Dodger. Score run in the bottom of the tenth and beat the Mariners six to bod and halfway between first and second base, he is being pounded by his teammates.
Speaker 4: Alex Guerrero with the game winning hit.
Speaker 2: Alex Guerrero in the tenth Indian and they'll walk off. RBIs singles. The Dodgers beat the Mariners six to five. April thirteenth, twenty fifteen. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to you I Hoffey Hotdogs, a So Cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase cram militious Hawfey hot Dogs. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll check back you out Rick Monday or lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Mariners.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on Todgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Mariners, Walker Viealer, Bryce Miller of the Pitching matchub Dodgers fans.
Speaker 2: Start your future out of California Community college financial aids available. It can help you with the tuition, books, sometimes even the rent. Time to take that next big step come on. Classes can film quickly, so enroll today. I could go to college dot com and.
Speaker 1: Now joined by David Bassey. Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick Monday knows a lot of things, and even.
Speaker 8: Though and there's a lot of stuff that I have no clue about that that's not true.
Speaker 6: You know a lot about a lot, including Norman Rockwell paintings.
Speaker 4: But today I see, wasn't that educational?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 8: I heard last night?
Speaker 1: Is it okay?
Speaker 8: Fine? As some people understood, is it? You know that famous Rockwell painting of baseball with the three umpires behind home plate looking up in the sky and it's raining and then off in the back? Who the manager was of the Pittsburgh Pirates that inspired this painting of Northern Rockwell? And it actually took place at Abbott's Field in Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: All right, we're gonna talk about art some more today, but the art of bunting.
Speaker 8: Bunting, Okay.
Speaker 6: We were watching Kevin Kiirmeyer earlier today practice bunting, and you picked up on a few things.
Speaker 8: Picked up on a couple of things, and I think, overall, you have to do it. And Dave Roberts came out and I was a little a little surprised at there and watching his technique. Evidently no one along the line has really kind of worked with him bunting. First of all, you're receiving the ball with the bat. And I say that because that's the image that we have to acquire to begin with. So we're not bunting the ball to where you're swinging and hitting it right, you're receiving it. You're receiving the ball with the bat. Now, there was a great line that was told to me and the way back when it is better to lay down good bunt and run it out then to lay down a bad bunt and you have got no chance to run it out. And this was related to me by Pete Reeser, who made a very good career with the Dodgers and bunting the ball on top of it.
Speaker 4: So that was the theory.
Speaker 8: So we're going to receive the ball with the bat to begin to it. Now, we were talking about left handed hitters because that's what Kirmyer is and not faulting anything that he was doing. He's working on it, and I think that could really be a big boost, especially lefty against the left. So we have this thought, we're going to receive the ball with the bat, and especially if I, as a left handed bat, are going to bunt the ball to the third day side, I want to receive the ball with the bat and I want to use the last six inches of the bat. Here's why. If you bunt the ball out there and you're receiving it. It absorbs the energy of the ball. The bat does because it's on the end of the bath. And I learned that from Pete Reeser and understanding how to do that. If you're bunting the ball to first base, you want to do really bunt the ball. Their Bermuda triangle and the Bermuted triangle if you're trying to drag bunt as a left handed batner is to have the first basement, the second basement, and the pitcher all think that they have not only a chance to make the play, but they have to make the play in order to get you out. So that's the Bermuda triangle where you're trying to bunt the ball. If you're pulling the ball for a base hit, but down the third baseline receiving the ball, receive it with the last six inches of the bat. That absorbs the bat. The energy in the ball comes off dead.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: In Dodger history, there's two really good bunters, More Wells and Brett Butler. Rick Monday was not known as a bunt taipe hitter.
Speaker 4: How do you know so much about it?
Speaker 8: I did, but Pete Reeser, I actually went after I had five years in the major leagues. I actually went to instructional league to learn how to bunt, and I stayed in an instructional league, I think for either three and a half or four weeks, and Pete Reeser worked with me, and I had to bunt the ball at least once every game that I played in in order to get the rhythm, in order to get thee and the concept. And again it's the concept is you're receiving the ball with the bats.
Speaker 6: Why has the art of bunting fell to the waistside in Major league baseball?
Speaker 8: Uh, chicks dig long ball, Yeah, And that's how the baseball came out with that without advertising, right, So that's that's kind of the story. I also believe that if we're looking at them, there's nothing concrete that I've seen presented to me. But if we hear conversations back and forth, I think majority of organizations now believe that bunting, in particular bunting a runner over to the next base is giving away an out. Well, there are some guys that they're going to give away an out if they're swinging the batto.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And if you can run a lick and you can maybe overcome an over four or an over five, and especially if you're going to be near the bottom of the order. We saw this last road trip opportunities the bunt a runner over at the bottom of the lineup, knowing who's coming up next. You got to Tony, Betsy just returned behind Bets, You've got Freeman. That's a pretty good trio to say, hey, look, if I get the runner over in the scoring position, there's a real good chance that one of the next three guys coming up is going to knock them in.
Speaker 6: And in the postseason, that's how you manufacture runs because you're facing really good pitchers.
Speaker 8: And I thought last night was just one tremendous ball game on pitching, and not just by Gavin Stone for the Dodgers, which he went seven innings, no runs, and only two vents. I also thought that Brian wu pisched a very good game himself for the Santelamernis. Don't take the Mariners lightly. I mentioned this last night. It's worth mitching again. They have the lowest team ERA in Najor League Baseball. They also have the lowest batting average of any team in baseball. It's like two different teams wrapped up in the one offense. Forget about pitching. Hey, they're right at the top.
Speaker 4: Of the ladder.
Speaker 6: Sounds like a recipe for another Dodger wins.
Speaker 8: Remember and next time you're bunting in your kids t ball, receive the ball at the back.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks Rick, Thanks for taking us to school again. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, DV appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Always great to get baseball insight from Rick Monday. Todgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot Commerce. Stopping in LA Area Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup Rick Monday, Charlie Steinle will get you those keys.
Speaker 1: To the game.
Speaker 3: But up next we go hot in Tight with Justin Turner, man of the Night last night. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Justin came two in this three game set with Justin the Mariners in town. First pitch coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Undue game on your home for LA, Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mariners on this Tuesday night taskar her Nandez Bobblehead night Walker feel on the mound, Ryce Miller going for the Mariners. We'll dive deeper into those numbers coming up. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, there's one place to go, Children's Hospital Los Angeles because they're the best and the ranked number one at California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor at c h l A dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 6: The one and only Justin Turner joining us here in the Mariners. Dugout Man, what a beautiful night last night at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 10: JT. Yeah, it was. It was something. It was pretty special, and uh, you know, I want to thank the whole Dodgers organization for putting so much thought and time into that and making it a night that myself in court and one day, boll we'll always remember. So.
Speaker 6: I know you had some idea that Dodgers were going to honor your first turned back here. But did it exceed your expectations?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I knew, I knew someone was going on. They told me that they were gonna do a presentation after the anthem and then didn't know what. Obviously go out there and the tribute video was was amazing. Had me, you know, in all my feels and running back all the memories, all the great memories we've had here. The check presentation to the Foundation, I think was certainly spectacular. I think everyone here knows how much the foundation means, the court and I how much work, especially Courtney puts into the foundation. So that was definitely a nice, nice touch. But the thing that got me the most, and you know, thinking back and I actually wrote text to a bunch of the guys this morning, but you know, I've been a part of that on the other side. You know, when guys make their return to down your stadium, and usually it's one or two guys come out and give a gift or a jersey or a picture or something. When I around and saw ten guys coming out of dugout, uh, you know that that kind of got me a little bit. And uh, I don't know if that was planned. I don't know if that's how it was supposed to go, but you know, I wrote all those guys this morning and that that meant the world to me, and uh that was at that point I started getting a little little mode. I was doing great until I saw all those guys walking out. I'm like, oh man, this is this is cool.
Speaker 6: Honestly, a lot of players put on the Dodger uniform, but they never even have one signature moment. What makes Justin Turner's nine years special is your signature moments were great, you accomplished it, you did it, but it was in the process of winning. Not many guys get that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like I said, it was. It was a special nine years and a lot of a lot of big moments, you know, not just for me. A lot of guys had big swings, big plays, big pitches. That was so cool to be a part of it. And I think obviously one of the biggest ones out of all of them was I guess my last act as a Dodger, and I was winning the Clemente Award in twenty two. So at the time I had no idea that that was going to be the last accolade I achieved. As a Dodger. But looking back on it, if I'm going to go out and not put the uniform on again, accepting that award on behalf of court and I and the foundation is something that is probably the greatest accomplishment I had in a doubt uniform.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the reason why fifty one thousand plus at Dodger Stadium and the whole city loves you, is because not only did you perform on the field, but you cared about people off the field, especially during the pandemic, spending your own money to be able to feed people and keep people employed. I think everybody realizes that and doesn't forget and it resonates with.
Speaker 10: All of us. Yeah, man, I think you know, just in twenty fourteen, getting the opportunity to come back home being from southern California, putting on the Dodger uniform with something special, and then coming here every night leading the league in attendance, having the people of this great city of la come out every single night supporting us. And you know, I'm one of the few guys that live here, lived here year round, and and got the opportunity to see the fans, whether it's in a mall at a movie theater down by the beach, whatever it is, and to see the love. I can't say it enough. To see how much love this city has for the Dodgers is special. So being able to give back, being able to start our foundation, being able to impact people's lives who are in need or who are going through the unthinkable with something that you know, Court and I don't take lightly, and something we're going to continue to do, and something that we're very very proud of.
Speaker 6: Well, even though he's only a couple of months old, baby bo, when he gets older, he's going to realize how much this city loves Justin Turner because not of what he did on the field, but who he is as a person.
Speaker 10: So thank you for the time.
Speaker 6: And I don't believe it's going to be a one day contract situation. I'm holding out hope Justin Turner's final act is wearing a Dodger uniform in his final season whenever that is. So I'm not thinking about some ceremonial thing. I'm thinking about really playing You're the next David Freezer Chase Utley one day?
Speaker 10: All right, the door's always open, man, We'll see what happens. It's a crazy game, a lot of moving pieces, crazy business, but that would certainly be the cherry on top of hopefully a really long career, no doubt. Great to have you back here.
Speaker 6: It was special seeing you in Boston, but extra special being here with you and seeing the way the fans received you last night.
Speaker 10: So thanks a lot for the time. Yeah, I was so great to be home. Fans, Love you guys. That was awesome. My Felter energy, FELTERR love and yeah, I miss you guys.
Speaker 6: Turned down for what there he is Red turn too. Justin Turner will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV not one of the good guys, one of the great guys in Justin Turner and Rifley so honored last night before the game and his first at bat. It was a really cool moment there at Dodgers Stadium. And it continues tonight, game two of this three game series. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com or leading you up to first pitch Dodgers Mariners up next times deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 2: Game two of this three games set, first pitch coming up at seven tens.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Orresented by your Southern California Toyota dealers, turn your trail dominating off roading dreams in a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Bryce Miller on the mount. What are the really good pitchers in the Seattle Mariners organization? Has come up twenty five year old right hander nine and seven with a three twenty nine er ra. He's been really good at home as opposed to on the road. Former fourth round pick Gout of Texas A and M in twenty twenty one. Making his twenty fifth start this season, He's got a four seam fastball, a sinker, and a splitter. Over his last six starts, He's three to zero with a one seventy two ERA and thirty one strikeouts. He has given up two earned runs or fewer in sixteen of his twenty four starts this year, and one earn run or fewer and ten of those starts. Again I mentioned he's been pretty good. Last time out, seven shutout innings, too HiT's nine strikeouts in a no decision, no run support against the Detroit Tigers, making his second career start against the Dodgers. In that lone start, five and a third shutout innings, four hits for strikeouts. Walker Buehler on the mound for the Dodgers, he has one in four with a five fifty eight ERA. Thirty year old right hander eighth season down in the Big league's been battling injuries. Missed most of twenty twenty two and all of twenty twenty three recovering from his second Tommy John surgery. Making his tenth start this season. Didn't start until May. Last time out, three in a third innings, four runs, four hits, four walks in a no decision against the Brewers. He's gonna face mill the Mariners for the third time in his career, the last time since twenty twenty one is when he faced him. He's got a one to zero record against him in two starts with a three forty six RA and sixteen strikeouts.
Speaker 3: You heard David Basse talk about it earlier.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts really rooting for Walker Vuehler to go deep into this game and give him an outing so they can keep sending them back out there. As again the Dodgers in the midst of a pennant race in the NL West the final six weeks of the season. Walker Vueler, Bryce Miller, Dodgers Mariners on ta Oscar Hernandez Bobblehead Night. First Bitch is fifteen minutes away. Keys to the Game with Charlie and Rick Our Next, Yes, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Steyner in the booth. I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mariners Walker reviewer Bryce Milliarly pitching matchup. Dodgers seventy four and fifty two, most wins in Major League Baseball percentage points behind Phillies for the best.
Speaker 3: Overall record in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: They lead the Brewers by one game for the NL number two seed, and they lead the Padres by three games in the NL West. Dodgers fans and hansher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD powered by la Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos lakare dot Org. All right, let's head back out to the booth rick Monday, Charlie Steiner, Guys.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, It's game two of the three game series the Dodgers and the Mariners. Dodgers coming off their eleventh shutout victory of the year last night against a fine pitching team in the Mariners. Bryce Miller's going for them. Walker Bueller one in four and a five point fifty eight ra still looking to find.
Speaker 8: His way, still looking to find his way, and just listening to the manager Dave Roberts earlier today says Roberts is going to be looking for strikes, strikes early in the count. That was not the case in his last outing where he threw over eighty pitches in three and the third innings. The other part two is Roberts was saying, and this is a quote. Bueller had plenty of time during the rehab sections to be able to get himself right. So it's the fact of getting ahead of pitchers in trying to do it early in counts.
Speaker 4: What do you know about Bryce Miller?
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, as you mentioned earlier, the Mariners, they may be struggling. They're now five games out of first place, not because of the pitching in particular starting pitching. Miller is one of those guys. The last six starts he's three and ozero. But how about this a one to seventy two er, And in those six starts he's allowed just one home run to be hit out of the ballpark.
Speaker 7: And offensively, the Dodgers have a whole new look. Tommy Edmund's going to start at shortstop tonight. Monsey with the home run last night. Kier Meyer is going to be in center field. And you've got Otani and Bets something I want to talk to you about as the game goes on. Otani one, bets two, Bets one, Otani two in the lineup.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it depends on which way it's going to go. We'll talk about during the game a little bit more. And watching Mookie Betz very closely today in batting practice, he worked on going the opposite field a great deal. Now that's part of his routine to get loose. But is he going to apply it a little bit more tonight? Knowing that Bryce Miller has a very good split finger, fastball hitters want to stay back behind the ball.
Speaker 7: Talking about the right fielder Mookie Betts and Tommy Edmund's going to make his first start at shortstop for the Dodgers, batting eighth tonight. Lineup's the first pitch coming up?
Speaker 2: All right, first pitch is next. David Vatsay's got all the post game when this one is over.
Speaker 3: Enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Tim Case has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network