Speaker 1: It's Game five Dodgers and Padres. And we're joined right now by one of those Dodger relievers that forced a Game five, and that is Evan Phillips. Thanks a lot for the time, Evan, appreciate.
Speaker 2: It absolutely anytime.
Speaker 1: Dave, What a great moment for as a group, for you guys to come out there and really impose your will. What does that say about who you guys are in that bullpen?
Speaker 3: You know, I think Game four is a testament to the kind of work we've been putting in all year and what we've been bracing for. And you know, I'm really proud of how each guy came in and you know, different situations and what they were used to doing, you know, in the regular season. But you know, we've we've had bullpen games before and we take a lot of pride in being, you know, the guys that are relied on to go out there and get the job done.
Speaker 2: So we fed off of one another.
Speaker 3: You know, Brazier and Anthony and Bandas had a great tone, uh built a good lead offensively, so being able to hold that lead throughout the game was you know, really just a momentum builder for each guy that came out of the bullpen.
Speaker 1: Evan, When you look at this entire season, you all have been very nimble, not really confined to one inning, but to groupings of hitters. How much did that benefit you in a situation like Game four?
Speaker 3: That's a that's such a great point. I think that's exactly why we were able to go out there and do what we what we did. I think you saw, you know, guys in different innings than you normally see it, but you also saw them pitching in similar you know.
Speaker 2: Spots of the orderist to which they would.
Speaker 3: And I think doing that throughout the year, you know, you know when situations called for it early in the season, or you know it's it's all bracing four when it matters most of the posts.
Speaker 2: And I think you saw that in Game four. Evan.
Speaker 1: Phillips is our guest just in front of first pitch here as Game five is getting ready to go, and obviously Yamamoto is starting today, Evan, But in a situation like this, all hands on deck, is it the same kind of feeling mentality at being ready at any point in time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I think you know they'll communicate, you know what's expected of us tonight.
Speaker 2: You know pregame. You know, we expect Yama to go out there.
Speaker 3: And give us his best, and we'll be ready to go for at whatever point we need to be.
Speaker 1: When Dave Roberts talked about what he may or may not do today, he said he would check in with all the relievers and see how you were feeling during yesterday's workout. What would you say is the consensus on how all you guys are feeling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think that's just a formality. That's Doc being nice to us and taking care of us and looking out for us. But we're all gonna be ready to go without a doubt.
Speaker 2: When you look at this starts your team.
Speaker 1: You guys have had to overcome a lot of injuries and different types of things throughout the season. What does it say about each other that you were able to band together and force the game five?
Speaker 3: You know, I just got chills thinking about it because I can go, you know, gut a guy in the bullpen, and really, you know, for basically our whole team, each guy has endured their own, you know, challenges throughout the year, whether it's physically on the field or an injury.
Speaker 2: Ebbs and flows throughout the season.
Speaker 3: So for each guy on our team really, like I said, so, to be able to chip away and contribute to the team, contribute to these wins in the postseason has been really special. And I hope we can do it one more time here in Game five and keep on going.
Speaker 1: I know you can appreciate Freddie Freeman and everything he's had to go through this year. What does it say about him and what's the message to the team that he's been able to endure.
Speaker 2: You know, that's something that Freddy's done his entire career.
Speaker 3: He's he's you know, he does whatever he can to play at a high level each and every day, and you know, I know it's eating at him to not be one hundred percent right now, but he's still doing everything he can to be available for us.
Speaker 2: You know, we'll see what kind of capacity we get.
Speaker 3: Him in here tonight, but uh, you know, hopefully it's a benefit to the team. And I think that's that's the line for Freddie's he knows if he can go out.
Speaker 2: There and contribute, he'll be out there.
Speaker 3: If he thinks he's going to go out there and be detrimental to us getting a win, you know, that's when we'll see him pull it back, So hopefully we get his best tonight and get him back in the lineup. But you know, I think you've seen guys step up in spots, especially like we saw in Game four with that without Freddy, So hopefully we get more of the same tonight.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go, Gavin told me after Game four there was a group chat going on amongst the teammates to really encourage each other not to give up. How late was that group chat going last night? And how on fire is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that that group chat's pretty steady, especially you know, situations like this where everyone's pulling their heart their heartest for each other. I think you're seeing a lot of guys, you know, been together in a different way here in the postseason because everything is on the line now, you know. And I think that's that's the special part about, you know, the camaraderie that we've built throughout the year and guys pulling for each other and you know, pushing each other to get the best out of them. So group chat has definitely been lively, But we've also spent a lot of extra time together. You know, we took bus rides to and from San Diego together just you know, building that extra chemistry together to really be able to support each other when it matters most.
Speaker 1: Now Game five, Evan, thanks a lot for the time. You've been such a big part of this Dodger team and I'd look for it to be no different tonight. Thanks a lot, absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 2: Dave,