Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day, Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say five o'clock hour, which it is, but you know, like we're late here, but that's okay, we were I mean, it's my fault totally, but I was gonna I almost said, well, you know, the bats made us start late, so that threw us off, but that would really be a lot because we did start late because the Louis of Vats. But you know, once we got to four o'clock, like I should have had better management of the of the time. And you know, as you as you know, even if you listen rarely, you probably know that I'm not great at at you know, keeping this thing on track, which again, as I say, if I was going to improve it, that I probably already would have. But anyways, five o'clock hour here on a Thursday afternoon. For those who haven't heard yet, I did recover from a really sad situation earlier today where I spent the first you know, forty percent roughly of my day thinking it was Friday, and some of asked on the text line, how do you do that? Well, I just I woke up and for some reason, I just my mind was set to Friday, like it was Friday, and nothing happened or was said, and I didn't I didn't have any indication that that it wasn't Friday. So got ready, took the kids to school daycare, came home, did some stuff at the house, hit the road, and then it was like eleven thirty something and I was like, actually, somebody did ask how did I What made me realize it was listening to jas I ate forty BHAs White. I don't think it was one of them, but it might have been one of the news anchors or one of the national updates where they said Thursday, and I'm like, son of a bitch, it is Thursday, and it was look it was. It was deflating. It was I mean, can you imagine being in my shoes? And I don't bring it up for sympathy and I do. I hate that I have to do this, but like, can we have like a disclaimer for each segment, like a what it was? A real? What are the real quick disclaimers that you hear? Like for like I used to have to read them when I would do ads for FanDuel, like you know, I'm older, but no, like we need something like that that does let people know that I'm at times sarcastic and I'm not like I'm I'm it's sometimes my sarcasm is a poor attempt to be funny, and I just that that does make me worry that people don't realize that, like I'm not like when I said when I'm when I referenced earlier that I did start the day thinking it was Friday and it was Thursday. I mean, if you believe that I was being serious when I said that God gives his toughest battles to his toughest soldiers, like I got to tell you if you are upset that I said that and you thought it was real with respect, I just don't think this show is for you. I mean. And again, now, like the remote chance that that was funny is ruined because you know, I got to reset it and let this person know that I wasn't being serious, and I probably should have left it alone, but I have, you know, and I guess an insecurity that someone would actually think that I meant that, like I was telling you that, yes, I've really had such a rough life and today was so bad because you know, it was again a poor attempt on my part of trying to be you know, funny. I'm not funny. I'll stick to you know, whatever this is, that's not funny. It's coffee and company, and we are feel about Thornton's. I stopped in today once again to load up on the deal they have going on at Thornton's Vermont Energy Drinks because eventually they're going to realize, all right, we made a mistake here.
Speaker 3: You got to turn into them onto.
Speaker 2: Oh you're telling me, like they know they when I walk in, they know I'm what I'm coming for this day right now, Like with this deal going on, they know when I show up without the kids. I sometimes do when the kids are with me, but like the last few days when I've gone and by the way, I'm not drinking four of them a day, but like it's a phenomenal deal. Let me give you example to load up on them. The average retail price for one Monster Energy drink is like three seventy something. Think about it. And that's like, as I say that, you're probably not surprised by that, right, because that's I mean, that's no they've always been expensive, and everything's getting more expensive this day and age, so obviously the price of those are going to go up. Like I don't know if those I don't know if they've ever been under two dollars, And yet here we are where the average price is closer to four. And that's just what it is. So think about this. They're giving you four of them for seven dollars, and one of them in most places is going to be roughly four dollars. Like, take advantage, folks. I mean, I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but like you could literally clean up on their Monster Energy drinks and sell them, No Joe, like you could make money doing that. Probably shouldn't tell you to do that, but you know, just just throwing it out there. So shout out to our friends over at Thornton's. We are and always will be fueled by Thornton's here Coffee and Company, myself, Nick Coffee, the tribal chief, Austin Montgomery alongside, and we'll get right into I guess where we started the show today, just referencing A and got I need to refresh some social media stuff here to I see if I might have missed something but there are some Louisvel fans out there trying to connect some dots that I don't think is like a crazy thing to do. It's just I try to be. I try to be, you know, pretty clear when we talk about these kind of things that there's no indication that there's any truth to it, but like it wouldn't be a shocker considering timing and circumstance. So Chad Baker Mazara is a twenty six year old or he'll be twenty six next year in Kyle college basketball player. He was at Auburn. I mean, you probably know who he is, if not was a factor in their success. A good player, no doubt, and you know he somehow has been able to maintain eligibility this long. So my guess is that that he started, and I guess I'll just get to it and then I'll get what I was gonna say in a moment ago. But he's entered the portal. He just signed something a couple of weeks ago after their season ended in the Final four with Auburn to come back for another year and also to to you know, agree on an nil deal as far as money, and I believe it was Jeff Goodman, who reported that there was some type of verbiage in his contract that like he would have to pay something back or something. So the portal kind of seems a little bit like, you know, a surprise, because you know, he's already playing in a really good role for a really good team that's likely going to be really good again next year, and you're wondering, why would he agree to that and then transfer. One would say, well, anybody transferring shouldn't surprise you anymore, and you're right, But here's the connection from the Louisville side that is certainly worth mentioning. He was a former teammate of Case and Pryor's at the junior college level a few years ago, and those two guys are good friends. So right after he agreed to come back to Auburn and he agreed on a new Nile deal, he then went on a vacation with Case and Pryor, and I'm assumed it was more than just those two guys, but they were together last week of the Dominican the Dominican Republic. Well, then he comes back from the DR and hits the portal, and now you know Case and prior I think there's always been the belief that he's coming back. Nata Mint seems to be no longer a Louisville I guess potential landing spot, like I don't know, you never know with recruiting Aleen. Yeah, so Nata Mint, I mean, it sounds like Duke or Tennessee is now Like to me, it sounds like this guy's just gonna go to the highest bedder. Like that's what it seems like. But anyways, nata Mint plays kind of the same position, kind of a lanky, skilled four but can shoot it a little bit, can handle it. So maybe he goes to the Demican Republic with his former teammate, and maybe Casen's recruiting him because he realizes, hey, we could, We'd love to have you. We got some inn i ole money, and Nata Mint is no longer in the mix. I mean, I will have to do a lot of like you know, clarifying if he ends up here, meaning Baker Massar, because I find it to be one of the most unlikable college basketb players I've ever watched. And it's not just because he's old, but like he I mean, he flops, he winds, he gets a lot of technicals. I wouldn't know if he's dirty or not. I don't They didn't follow Auburn close enough. But like a lot of times, when you can get technicals, it's for either crying to the ref or doing something that like like you know you can't do and you just can't help yourself. Like he's been teed up, maybe as many times as Jahn Morant has for hitting a three and then pulling doing the you know, pulling up your shirt to indicate that you have a gun on your waistband. And you know, like he's just that kind of guy, not to say he's not to say that he's like an awful human being, but like, you know, he's a very easy guy to dislike in a major way. But maybe when he's on your team you view it differently. Maybe you love him. Although I will say I remember getting into the weeds on Twitter at tom or two. Even Auburn fans would be like, this dumbass has got to stop doing this stuff. He's going to put us in a tough spot. I don't know if he ever cost him a game for that kind of stuff, but like he would get very poor technical, no good tech, no good no, technical is a good thing, but like his timing would be awful, and like he became a talking point about Bruce Pearl's team. Is this guy going to be able to control his emotions or is he going to you know, mess around and really ruin this team's chances of having a really special season. He didn't do that. They made a Final four. In fact, I believe he led them in scoring in the Final four. So as much as I just mentioned, you know, things I don't like about him, he is good. And if he could join Louisll's team and make him better, and Pat Kelsey thinks he's worth pursuing and that he would be able to fit the culture in the locker room that he wants, then hell yeah, would make a little bit better. Why not do it? But again, just to clarify, I don't think there's any any mention, there's no like reporting of it. It's just timing and circumstance that has people trying to connect some dots here. But he averaged twelve points, three boards, just under three assists a game last year, had eighteen against Florida in the Final four. So he to me, he's a he's a grown man. Version of Nata Mint. I would say Chad Baker Mazara is probably as good as he's going to get, but that's okay. He's pretty good already. Native Minh obviously has a lot of potential, and if it plays out the way people will expect he's going to be an NBA player for a long long time. But he's only going to play in college, likely one year. And you won't get like I just the more I think about it, and maybe it's like, you know, just me coping with it or something, because if they got Natum Inn, I wouldn't do anything other than say, wow, you got another really good young piece, but I would. I'd be a liar if I said Louisville is going to be a substantially better team because of this eighteen year old kid that's built like a seventh grader. Now I'm insulting him, So now I just seem like a bitter X right, Like maybe I know and I don't mean to sound that way, but let's just be honest. Like if you've got a guy who you know is already as good as he's gonna be, but you know, like he's valuable right now, he's grown man, or the guy who might be as good as Baker Mazara in a couple of years, and clearly he might be an NBA legend, but that's not happening. Next year, the only year he's gonna play college basketball. So we'll see if there's any I mean, it could like again, it's just a potential scenario that could play out, but I would imagine he'll have suitors right away. And what I don't know. I feel like if he would have put in, if he'd have put his name in the portal as a guy who did not want to be contact, they do would be out there, and then there'd be even more of people saying, well, clearly he was with prior last week he's he's you know, this is where he's going. And I'm trying to figure out how it played out where he would have where he would have this much eligibility. So yeah, so this will be how this will be his fifth year of college basketball. Oh, now I get it makes total sense. The reason he's eligible is the for you know what, for I guess his fifth year is because of the JUCO rule. Just like Cason, now, Casey would be eligible regardless because he took a red shirt last year because of the injury. But Chad Baker Mazara started his career at I think it was the Caine now I gotta look it up. Yeah, he's twenty five, will be twenty six next season. Crazy to think about, but he's actually from the Demican Republic and he started his college career in twenty twenty twenty one, which is the year they did give everybody an extra year. He played in fifteen games, made thirteen starts, average ten points at Decaine and then he hit the transfer portal. After that, he transferred to San Diego State and averaged six points two boards in thirty one games, was the sixth man of the year in that league. And then after that season he once again hit the transfer portal, but he did not. He didn't end up jumping up. He actually went JUCO. So after one year at Decaanne, one year at San Diego State, he transferred to Northwest Florida State and played it looks like one season there and that's when he was a teammate with Case and Pryor, and then he's been at Auburn. It looks like this this past year was his second season there. So he's technically only played. He's played four seasons of NCAA Division One basketball and then one year of JUCO, which of course is giving him an extra year. And this is what's crazy about him, because the twenty twenty twenty one season was a freebie. He actually like he could be using I mean, I doubt it happens, but he could claim that this year, like upcoming would be his year that he's using. That's a freebie because the COVID year didn't count, and then he could also get the JUCO year back to where this guy could actually play two more years potentially if he fought for it. And you know, clearly he started college later than most, right, I mean, because we're talking about like if he was eighteen in twenty twenty, he would be maybe he'd be going on twenty three, Well, he'll be twenty six. So he just started late, meaning he was just older than most in it looked maybe like here's the thing, like age is never a factor. So if he looks like he Yeah, he was born and raised in the Daminican Republic, and then he came to play in high school in the States at Spire Academy in Ohio. Also he played in New Jersey briefly for Colonial High School. So anyways, he still played college basketball for many more years than you be able to play. But I think the reason he's the big outlier of like damn, not only has this dude been around forever he's old, it's because he clearly just started later, like there are dudes who sometimes. In fact, there's a wild story about a guy who uh And I meant to bring this up the other day because this is this to be I actually think is kind of a good story. Now, a lot of people are like, dude, you're too old, get a job, freshen up, freshen up that LinkedIn profile man like it it ain't it like that? Like I get that because sometimes it is crazy. But Jamal Gibson is I think a really interesting and interesting story. So this guy he didn't start his college basketball career. He didn't enter college until he was twenty six years old. So he is from New Orleans. He didn't finish high school and he ended up getting a ged and he was a tattoo artist in New Orleans, like a known tattoo artist, and then he was playing like open gym basketball in New Orleans and a school that is Southern University at New Orleans, which is an NAI school. They ended up. They ended up like their coach, I guess saw him in an open run and was like who is this guy? And he was like, yeah, you know, I'm sure. He told me I'm twenty five years old or whatever it was at the time, and they convinced him get a ged and enroll our in college. You know, if you get a test score, you can qualify to be an NAI player and you can play for US. And he decided to do it, and he became like the NAI national Player of the Year in All American He averaged twenty two points per game over two seasons in the NAI. So now he's at the portal and he has actually signed with New Orleans University and he will be next year with two years left of eligibility. He will be in fact, he could have four because again NAIs not n Cuba like they may not be if he wanted to. This guy could play U till Heast thirty. No joke, because he'll be twenty eight years old next season in his first year Division one. So again, like I understand everybody claiming, like come on, dude, like college basketball's for you know, college age people, but that's never been a rule ever. So with that, I actually think that's a good story, Like he's changed his life. And you know, there's never, at any point in college athletics been any rule about what you can and can't do eligibility wise because of your age. It's about like when you start playing. I mean, I think that's always been evident. But like this guy, to me, it's actually a good story, more so than like guys who are just out here taking up scholarships in an ay all money because they won't start their life after basketball. This is a guy who, you know, I'm sure is doing something now in life that he never envisioned. And maybe he plays pro somewhere. I don't know, But as I mentioned, he was a tattoo artist. Google him Jamal Gibson with a B in Gibson. I mean, he's got to be the most tatted player ever. And this story became more of a I mean, it is an interesting story just because you don't see it very often. But master P was hired as the uh like the the the GM of New Orleans Basketball New Orleans University.
Speaker 3: First thing I see when I type in Jamal against the basket.
Speaker 2: Look at let me look look how tadded he is. I mean he's I mean again, he's probably done a lot of his own work, and he is. He's tatted.
Speaker 3: That's pretty yeah, very much. Body marked up like a subway in Harlem, like a shout out was Khalifa.
Speaker 2: I don't think that they'll ever be a point where guys in that situation aren't like made fun of. And I understand it again, like it is.
Speaker 3: It is he's got face tattoos.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. One of my favorite lines from Jim from from you know, the countless episodes of Jim Rome I used to listen to before I ever got a chance to do radio. There was a guy that it was like an NBA draft prospect who had who had a face hat, and Rome said, the very obvious thing was like face tat first of all, they weren't nearly as common then as they are now, but face tats were real, And I guess it kind of depends on now what it is. And tattoos, I think are becoming more more and more socially acceptable than they've ever been. And I don't mean like people think you're an awful human, but like you could be like tatted up sleeves and like it's now just much more normal than it was years ago. But I remember Rome said, dude with a tad on his face, that's a sign he does not give an f like, that's the direct indication. Yeah, that guy, he didn't care a lot about a whole lot because he's got his face covered in ink. Some people can pull it off to where it looks okay. I don't think i'd be able to, but you know, teach their own. It actually reminds me. I went and visited. I remember I went and visited Campbellsville University whenever I was going into my senior year, went for a football game, went and watched their basketball scrimmage, and I mean their loss left without the offer, so I mean, I'm not kid. I wouldn't go enough play Campbell'sville. But anyways, we went on a visit with my dad and I did, and they had I think it was like their inner squad scrimmage getting started for basketball, kind of like a midnight madness kind of thing for an AI school. And it wasn't as big as you know, typical midnight madness, but anyways, we were there and it was very obvious that one of the guys for Campbellsville was like an adult you know. Here I'm thinking he's probably forty. He was actually like twenty six, twenty seven. But he was somebody that played high school basketball. But then he went to the service and was in I think the Navy or the Army for a long time, and then he started life after his military career, enrolled at Campbellsville, and like, sure enough, he's got four years of euligtibility. So I remember, like, and again, I probably thought he was old at the time, but he wasn't. He was just but he was just so visibly older than a lot of the eighteen nineteen twenty year old kids that were playing for Campbellsville. So it's always been a thing. It's just, you know, still relatively rare. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Finished strong, Coffee and Company fuel about Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, Coffee and Company rolling along here, finishing strong, at least trying to. And it's a good start to finish strong with a little Michael McDonald. Well done, Austin, just good vibes. I could, I could. I mean I could listen to this type of this type of stuff all day, every day, so good stuff.
Speaker 3: That's crazy is that was the beat that was sampled on Nate Dogg and Warren G's Regulators. It's wild.
Speaker 2: I didn't Is that like a hidden fact or is it really known? And I just didn't know it because as soon as you said that, now I now know that, but I would have never known that. Yeah, nowadays you know that song is old, but nowadays like it's it's sampling is huge and it's it's awesome. But maybe at that time it wasn't even like a known like maybe maybe this is one of the first samples. I mean this, when'd this song come out before you were born?
Speaker 3: I'm sure very much had to had to be in like mid eighties. It's called Regulate, right, Yes, that that song by Nate Dogg warn G is called Regulate and it came out and I'm gonna have to say mid eighties.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I thought it was way older. It's actually not nineties ninety four, oh yeahow, And this is back in the day. Uh And and by the way, this is I missed this era. And I don't even know if you really got this era because of your age. I think it might have just missed you. There used to be songs created by some of the biggest and best artists in music that were not a part of their album. It was a part of a soundtrack for a movie that had a ton of promotion and a touch like nowadays, you know, used to you couldn't just go a you couldn't go to the library on the internet in nineteen ninety four to find music for your for your for your you know, movie, your motion picture. You had to like recruit artists and sign them to help you put together a soundtrack. And I mean that was that was a really one of my favorite things about music when I was a kid is that, like there's a lot of songs that became big hits and that I remember, but like it all started because I heard it in the in the in the preview for a movie, or I heard it, you know, in the movie that I watched. And this was a this was from one of my favorite movies. That song Late Above the Rim, a really good basketball movie.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever watched them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, it's it's not one of the best basketball movies, but there's a lot of you know, for me, it's it's nostalgic. Uh, And any any movie about basketball. When I was a kid in the nineties, I was gonna watch. And as I've gotten older, I realized those movies. Some of them didn't age well, like Eddie with Whoopy Goldberg. Uh, you know that didn't. Although I will say it, this one that never got the love that it that it deserved, and I think has aged great. It's called, uh, The Sixth Man with Kadem Harrison, believe it or not. Randomly randomly, Travis Ford is in it because he just got done playing basketball and they were looking and that's that, and that matters. Getting guys who actually played basketball in movies used to be a real value. Like in fact, everybody in that movie outside of Kadem Harrison as far as basketball players were, yeah, outside of Kadem Harrison and Marlon Wayans, everybody else in the movie, like they didn't have any acting experience. They were they were basketball players that that you know, I guess tried out and were good enough to act. And it was perfect, but also Kennem Harrison and Marlon Wayns were also two dudes that, despite being known not for being basketball players, they were actors. They were also good at basketball. So like it worked. That's no joke if you ever find that on a streaming service. I think it aged really well and I think you would like it. Okay, it's good stuff, six man, good stuff.
Speaker 3: I love the Waynes Brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I Waynes they were more Yeah, and they were they were big man. The Wayans have been big forever. But man, the Waynes Brothers the show.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know what movie at the time, I don't really remember being like it was popular. I knew of it, like it was one of those movies at the time, like we didn't have streaming services or anything like that. You saw it in theaters. But it's become almost like a like a cult following type. Film is White Chicks with the Waynes Brothers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't love it growing I didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I thought it was fine. It wasn't any but there's things that I didn't think were funny then, but now, like I mean, Terry Crews is hilarious in that movie.
Speaker 3: He makes movie you.
Speaker 2: Probably couldn't make that movie now, I don't know, maybe you could, but and I'm not saying you know, I'm but there's certain things like if you really tried, you can put something out there, no matter what it is and find somebody that's defended by it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that one will have a salad.
Speaker 2: Yeah I mean easy white chocolate. But I love now that it's become a thing on TikTok, where like if if somebody like a corny white dude or just like you know, honestly, any white dude that goes on TikTok and like shows off that, like you would never guess it. But man, that guy can move. He's a great dancer. Like, there's a lot of black women that'll comment in the first they all everybody wants to be the first to comment and say easy white chocolate. I don't want you to melt like can you imagine? Can you like again? Like I maybe it's just me, but if you know, I'm clearly a married man and I'm not looking for any companionship from a woman. But like if a black woman was to gash you up and say that, like you would feel like a million bucks.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I've never I've never felt cooler than when like an older black gentleman is is you know, is gassing me up. Not that it happens all the time, but I remember doing a vibe check and there was this guy who an older gentleman who had like a like an older hat. I can't think of a kind of mean no, but gosh, I can't. I don't even know what the hat is called, but like, yes, yes, yes, can go yeah, And I like complimented his hat and he took it off and handed it to me, and I was like, you're gonna let me put it on, and he was like, look at him, y'all look at him, and then I and then I said, am I rocketed? Don't know why I said it. I probably sounded like I was very uncomfortable and not knowing how to, like, you know, keep up with his coolness because I didn't have it. But he just said, you rocketed better than me, man. I mean, I was like, all right, life's over now, like nothing nothing gets better than that. So anyways, I and we're we've only got fifteen minutes left. But I know I say this to you from time to time, but it never is set on air. You and I together on the radio. We end up in places I never think we would end up, but I'm never I never regret that we end up there, right, And I hope that people listening aren't, you know, like these guys should be talking more about sports.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But it is fun and that's what that's the best part of being able to do this. There's a lot of things that are that are that are that are awesome, but ending up like you know, having things come up spontaneously on the air, that are you know.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love doing this and uh yeah, it's a lot of fun. So anyways, real quick, we don't have a lot of time left, but I do want to mention this because I teased it earlier. It's not a huge deal and I'm not bothered by it by any means, but it did stand out as a little bit hypocritical, I think for for Mark Stoops. So for those who are unaware, last year Kentucky was awful in football and they really had no This was the first year Mark Stoops had a team when it comes to personnel, and yes, they did play a very very very difficult scale but they should not have been nearly as bad as they were. I mean they lost, I mean who they beat. They had Ole miss which was their one year like the one win that made no sense. But other than that, you know, they lost to Vandy, They lost to South Carolina and got killed, and that loss didn't end up looking that bad because South Carolina ended up being pretty good. So look stupid this was to me. This was, in my opinion, the first year Mark Stoops had a team that was built to be solid, and they were awful. They were one and seven, finished dead last in the SEC OUTSID I'm sorry, I know they finished alone in fifteenth place out of sixteen teams at one and seven, four and eight. So you know, in the games that you felt like, well, hey, if they're gonna if they're going to get to a bowl, they got to win these split games. And they lost by fourteen at home to a bad Auburn team. They lost. They lost by twenty eight to Florida, who at the time wanted to fire their coach. Again. They lost to Vandy, and yes, I know Vandy's not a doormat anymore, but like Bandy, still lost to Middle Tennessee State. This year, so a bad year and in the end they're not going to get rid of him because you know, he's got a huge buyout and to be fair, he's this was this was an outlier for him. I don't think Stoops is a great coach, but having a team that was talented like this one was like, they shouldn't have been that bad. So if you remember the big Dog Vince Marrow and even Stoops like they were pretty outspoken about we got to change the culture and blaming like, well, we got to get rid of guys who aren't doing the right things. And clearly there was some truth to that. But I remember we had Cel Brown one time and he made a good point if those guys were doing the same exact things they were doing, meaning not the right stuff off the field, bad attitude, not you know, just not being good teammates, not really buying in. But yet the team was winning. Stoops would never say that because when you know so it is it is easy to throw those guys under the bus when you know they're transferring because how bad things are. Well, one of those guys is a receiver name of hard Hardly Gilmour, which, believe it or not, that's I mean, that's his name. So he transferred to Nebraska, and he was a good young piece for them that they did not want to lose. But he transferred Nebraska, and he's already been kicked off the team in Nebraska, and now he's coming back to Kentucky. And this is one of the guys that like absolutely was a part of like their I mean, he got arrested and it didn't get covered in Lexington, of course, because he was already on his way out and he got into a fight and I think he physically assaulted somebody at a storage facility like where he had his stuff that he was having to put away because he was leaving, and got arrested, got charged, and you know, he was an example of like all right, yeah, that guy was good, but trust me, we're gonna be better off without him because he was a bad locker room guy. Well, as soon as he gets in trouble again and gets kicked off the team in Nebraska, you welcome him back with open arms. So like, to me, it's not a big deal, But it just seems like you probably did have some guys that were locker room issues, not great character, not doing the right things, but you only brought it up this time because you stunk. You've always had guys that get in trouble, like Kentucky's not the worst, but let's be real, Mark Stops has had players and coaches arrested for nonsense more than the majority of college football programs. So just that's the thing that stood out to me, is like you can easily blame it that. Yeah, these guys were good. We don't want to lose them because of their talent, but man, we're gonna better because they're not buying in Okay, which one?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: All right? With it being five forty eight? We don't there's no need to take another break, right because we've gone too long? Would you? Would you agree?
Speaker 3: Or yeah, i'd agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I know you're probably having to crunch some numbers, but you just tell me that you should. You just tell me when we got it, when we got to scoot on out of here, because I sure will because I know we're probably close to it, and I should have taken a break five minutes ago, but you know I'm not good at that.
Speaker 3: You give me two minutes. Two minutes is all I need, and I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You that's what I told my wife always.
Speaker 3: That's a record for me.
Speaker 2: Two minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two minutes. I don't like to brag, but with ageymbols coming on with me.
Speaker 2: With age, Austin, you do, you do develop a little bit of longevity, you know what I'm saying. So, again, not to brag, but yeah, two minutes light work. Are you thirty two now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Am I?
Speaker 2: I don't know how thirty.
Speaker 3: I think I'm thirty one.
Speaker 2: So I actually believe you that you don't know how old you are, because when you get to the thirties is where it kind of like every you know, there's really no birthday you celebrate once you're in the thirties, and you kind of not even realizing it. Tell yourself, I'm not really thirty six.
Speaker 3: Am I? Oh you are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be thirty seven in July.
Speaker 3: Turn in thirty two in June. That's right, So.
Speaker 2: You aren't thirty two, you'll be thirty two.
Speaker 3: I will be thirty, gotcha.
Speaker 1: Gosh.
Speaker 2: That's one of the that's one of the things that makes me feel old. Like Billy Rutledge, a guy who you know, fresh out of college joined us here at I Heeart. When I just got hired in twenty sixteen. He's gonna be thirty soon, Like what he can't be thirty because if he's thirty, then like I'm I'm old, although I'm not, you know, like I think forty will be in all seriousness, like forty will probably be one that like really hits me. I didn't feel that about thirty because there's something about, you know, the young adult in the early thirties that like don't get in the twenties, there's benefits to it, but in the twenties you're kind of still viewed by people in like the professional world as a kid, you know what I mean, Like that that shouldn't be the case, but it's just the way it is. Now. I'm a seasoned vet here at thirty six years old, and my parents never never tell me this, but like with me feeling old because you know, I'm at this age, like that's got to make my parents feel old. But I don't want them to feel old. In fact, you know, my parents thankfully are okay, thank thank you. My parents are in great health. And my mom she's looked the same since I was like a five year old. I feel like, so, you know, age is what you make it right. You know, if you don't want to be thirty seven, don't live like your thirty seven. If you don't want to be eighty, don't live like you're eighty. My stepfather, he is in his in his mid sixties. He's going to Africa this weekend. He's sixteen days.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 2: I'm scared who goes to Africa? I mean, like you could go on a safari and you know, seeing the world is a big thing, but like he had to take he had to take a bunch of like he had to get a bunch of shots, He had to take a bunch of pills to like, you know, make his body better prepared to be there. So like when I say who goes to Africa, what I mean is like that's not exactly like a vacation travel destination. He's going there to be for a wedding, which that's the reason for the trip, but like it's the kind of trip where I'm like, you better, you know, be careful, Like who knows what could happen?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean I worry about people when they you know, leave the house for an hour. Sometimes he's going across the globe, but hopefully he's safe and he will be all right. We're out of time. Thank you everybody for hanging out. We'll be back at it tomorrow and it really will be Friday, so it'll be fun.