Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Depictions Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights the show. Gosh Welcomer, Policy, Human Joys.
Speaker 2: All my Americans who've been saying immigrants are stealing our jobs, well, guess what. Now's your big moment. The jobs are open, folks, wide open. We need people in the fields to pick fruit, harvest vegetables, and keep our food supply moving.
Speaker 3: This is no joke.
Speaker 2: Farmers across the country are looking for hard working people to step up, long hours, the hot sun beating down on you, and good old fashioned hard work. You said you wanted these jobs right, well here they are. No one's in your way now. So if you've been sitting at home saying, oh, those immigrants are taking all the opportunities, guess what the opportunity is knocking at your door. All you've got to do is answer, Lace up your boots, roll up your sleeves, and show us what you've got. Applications are open and the fields are waiting. This is your time to shine. Or maybe, just maybe you weren't really serious about wanting those jobs.
Speaker 3: What's it going to be?
Speaker 2: Talk or action? The farms are calling. Don't keep them waiting. We are open twenty four to seven for applications and don't worry, we need a lot of people, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome back to policy and rights here in Depictions Media Radio. You know that pieces just heard as we were coming into the show about farmers looking for workers and where are those workers? Where are they right now? All those people who said, oh, well, the immigrants were keeping us from our jobs, where are you now when the farmers are looking for hard working people that you said you were? So again that piece is shared with me on Facebook and they, the people they shared it with me, thought that it was an important message to get out there.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So back to Canada and well they did it. Mark Carney kicked it off. He kicked the can towards a new election. The there is a federal election where the polls will open for the voting April twenty eighth, which would be the official date, and the three leaders have launched their campaigns. And we're still waiting actually for us to hear from Elizabeth May with the Green Party, because it's always exciting to hear what the Greens actually have to say, because what makes them important is how they managed to take the votes away from all of the front runners, how they managed to bring out the people to vote for them because they want something different. You can vote for the NDP and yes, you're gonna get unions. Well, what is a union other than another corporation that is making money away from the workers, a tax your workers saying that, oh, we're putting money aside for health care for you, we're putting money aside for your retirement. We're going to protect you, and we're going to protect your rights. But when it comes down to it, if your rights aren't straight down the board what they think they should be, they're not really going to protect you. So let's examine the NDP on that level run by the unions. Okay, then we got Pierre Pobier and his conservatives. Well we all know that, hey, the billionaires have a hold of them. And by the way, if you watch and listen to everything he says, he's mimicking the newly elected president in the United States. Gee, So let's question how his motives and what is he really after and who does he really work for? Who's really pulling those puppet strings? Could it be Donald D.
Speaker 4: Trump?
Speaker 1: And we know who's pulling his strings? And as Vladimir putin. So let's that brings us back to Mark Karney, which Mark Kearney is not exactly going to reproduce what Justin Trudeau did. He is going he is going to leave a lot of programs in place, He is going to leave a lot of ministers in place. But he already has asked, let's let's remove the GST from selling a home so that it makes it more affordable for a new home buyer, for young people to actually own a home, achieve that dream.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I know, mister Povier said the same thing, but Mark Carney actually put it into action. The Conservatives also wanted to see the carbon tax acts. Well, mister Carney didn't exactly act the tax, but what he did do is he changed it so that the polluters themselves would actually actually have to pay the tax without passing it on to the consumer. So there's gonna be a lot of a lot of things wrapped around taxes, wrapped around health benefits through throughout this whole election. Well, let's let's focus on some of the other issues at hand. We need to actually focus on what it What does this tax change mean for human rights? What does it mean for the people who live in Canada to live better? What does it mean towards equality if we go after and we listen to the Conservative Party according to human rights, they also want to end diversity hiring. Diversity hiring doesn't mean necessarily mean that I'm going to hire somebody because I need somebody in that category in my business. What it means is that I'm going to look past some of the other physical attributes that you may have and look at your talents and see if your talents actually fit the job. I'm not going to hire you because oh you're a part of a certain race, you're part of a certain relation religion, that you're completely able body. I'm going to hire you because, look, it's a cerebral job. I don't care that you're in a wheelchair. That's fine. We will accommodate you so that you can do the job and do the best job possible. That's what we need to be looking at. That's what we need to face with diversity hiring. That's what diversity hiring truly means.
Speaker 4: And back to.
Speaker 1: Our other message with the farmers, Well, there is a party out there that wants to completely change the foreign worker policy that would acts bringing farm workers in to help with the farms I know here in BC with the berry farmers. That would mean that a bunch of people who come to actually help pick berries during the appropriate season, that they come from outside of the country to do the work that other people wouldn't do, which means that the berries sit on the bush, they sit in the fields, and they rot. Seriously, we have to understand who is willing to do the work and allow them to do that work seriously is examined. Who is able to do the work to get the job done, and to get the job done brilliantly, not in a mediocre fashion. We need to toss society, mediocricy and achieve excellence. That's what this election is gonna be about. And that is what you the voter when you go on April twenty eighth to cast your vote, that is what you are going to be casting your vote for excellence. So let's move forward, and we're going to listen to the three leaders as they discuss their party's planned and we're also going to hear the announcement that acts the GST on housing.
Speaker 5: It is great pleasure for me to be here and I want to thank Emma and adsil from o Hit Homes and for inviting us here, hosting us here, but for what you're doing and being part of what is an incredible story in terms of housing.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, I looked out as I came in. We're in the shadow of Commonwealth Stadium. But when I think of it as in the shadow of Clark Stadium, those of you who are from Everton remember those days, and the transformation of the stadium yards here is part of a bigger transformation in this city, which really is the most successful story in housing across the country, a story that needs to continue and needs to be emulated. You know, I'm going to start on a slight different point though, if I may, which is something else that Canada's new government announced this morning, which is a provision of one hundred and eighty seven million dollars to support the reconstruction of roads, of campgrounds, of trails and of housing housing in Jasper town site, but the rest across the National Park. It's a special place. Jasper is a special place I think for all of us, all of us Canadians, very much so for those from the region, those here in Edmonton. I knew it well growing up and have some unforgettable memories from you know sublime going around the lakes and camping, are hiking to the terrifying when a bear tore apart the tent next to us. Well, we were cycling. So it was heartbreaking when the fires ravaged the park and through the town site. And this funding announced today will help residents get back home faster, rebuild the town stronger than ever, and also build out the park infrastructure. As the mayor said, I'm back in Edmonton. I owe everything to the city. It's where I grew up. It's the place that shaped my understanding of our great nation. It's where I was taught in the classroom, around the kitchen table, at the rink, the value of hard work, the strength of community, the importance of ambition and humility. And that's a uniquely Canadian combination, I think, and combining ambition and humility. But we can get it right. These are good values. These are Alberta values, and back when I was growing up, that's what you needed to succeed. Jenet Sam see two to It's de viv Comfort. Lavoie Lodge moved san that was in community.
Speaker 4: Edmonton in.
Speaker 5: Solangement on the page more in the deficiy the fond Infermi is so largement on the bets and Economy said, stable housing, access to housing is the foundation for success. Without housing, it's hard to focus on your future without housing, it's hard to start a family. And without housing, we can't build the strongest economy in the g s of it. And the reality today is that when Canadians, particularly young Canadians across the country are doing everything right, studying hard, getting a good education or training, securing a well paying job, saving up, they often barely have enough to pay the rent. Now that's not true here, that's not true here with these units. That's not true here in Edmonton. But it's a bigger challenge across the country and the challenge of being able to afford a home. And the reason is that Edmonton is not Canada. Edmonton, Canada is not building enough new homes and so as a result, housing is just too expensive. And it's a problem that we in the government are now addressing head on. And I said right from the beginning when I launched my leadership bid just two months ago in Laurier Heights not far from here, it's time to build. We need to get housing supply up. In fact, we need to double housing supply on an annual basis. We need to get that supply up so we can bring costs down. We need to build more at a faster pace. So my government will stimulate innovation and productivity and sustainability by promoting new technologies such as modular and prefabricated homes that speed up completion times, lower costs for builders and buyers.
Speaker 4: We're working to remove barriers.
Speaker 5: By cutting red tape, levees, development costs and chargers that the marriage just mentioned, reducing taxes, accelerating permitting approvals, and working directly with mayors. And this is really a story of success in those cities that are engaged, such as Edmonton. Working directly with the cities through the Housing Accelerator Fund. It's made an impact here, it's making an impact across the country from Quebec City to Saskatoon. I know from personal experience and the other thing we need to do, and I'd like to thank colleagues for being here who are building these homes. We need to grow the construction sector workforce, accelerate training and apprenticeship programs, improve the mobility of skilled labor. There's more than enough work right now in Edmonton, but we want to build up the work across the country and we want the skilled workers to be able if they so decide to immediately go to another part of Canada and work there without any red tape or hassle. And that's going to be a focus when I meet provincial premiers tomorrow, because it is a time to build. We are going to have a multi decade building of this country and it is going to be a great time, a great time to have a career in the trades.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: In the coming weeks, we're going to announce a lot more on a further increasing housing supply, but I want to just concentrate on the other side of the equation for a moment, which is, how can we help Canadians, particularly young younger Canadians buy their first homes right now? So what I'm announcing today is that my new government will eliminate the GST for first time home buyers on all new and substantially renovated homes under a million dollars. This is a big deal because first time home buyers are the major purchasers of new and substantially renovated homes. This can provide up to fifty thousand dollars in savings for families entering the housing market. It means that all first time home buyers will need to save less for a deposit and they'll be able to move in sooner, and it will allow more first time home buyers to realize their dream of home ownership, whether you're a nurse here in Edmonton, a teacher in Red Deer, or an equipment operator on the oil patch. Nu du vent colstriel de dodgement blue vite vessel va all vestia dol line become the lodge more more there pre fabric accelerate the construction red the pri not govern ament that elimene is up stack ondrison the pepper as the tax free, the development in the government of the form plus the TV known as construction pascats plus said o cre plus the bone zampo no Kenadian a Kenyan ombers when that bood billite metna who's elemenal lape s prom astur sle mason the when themillion the d so it's justica second the economy a on plus the fermi asht pluvid. For generations, Canadians have built this country on the idea that if you work hard, you should be able to have a good home in a safe community. Together, Let's build a Canada you can afford. Let's build the strongest economy in the G seven. Let's build Canada strong. See, it is great pleasure for me to be here, and I want to thank Emma and Adel from O Hit Homes and for inviting us here, hosting us here, but for what you're doing and being part of what is an incredible story in terms of housing. You know, I looked out as I came in. We're in the shadow of Commonwealth Stadium. But when I think of it as in the shadow of Clark Stadium, those of you who are from Emveronton remember those days, and the transformation of the stadium yards here is part of a bigger transformation in this city, which really is the most sucessful story in housing across the country, a story that needs to continue and needs.
Speaker 3: To be emulated.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm going to start on a slight different point though, if I may, which is something else that Canada's new government announced this morning, which is a provision of one hundred and eighty seven million dollars to support the reconstruction of roads, of campgrounds, of trails, and of housing. Housing in Jasper town site, but the rest across the National Park. It's a special place. Jasper is a special place I think for all of us, all of us Canadians, very much so for those from the region, those here in Edmonton. I knew it well growing up and have some unforgettable memories from you know, sublime going around the lakes and camping, are hiking to the terrifying when a bear tore apart the tent next to us where we were cycling. So it was heartbreaking when when the fires ravaged the park and through the town site. And this funding announced today will help residents get back home faster, rebuild the town stronger than ever, and also build out the park infrastructure. As the mayor said, I'm back in Edmonton. I owe everything to the city. It's where I grew up. It's the place that shaped my understanding of our great nation. It's where I was taught in the classroom, around the kitchen table, at the rink, the value of hard work, the strength of community, the importance of ambition and humility. And that's a uniquely Canadian combination, I think, and combining ambition and humility.
Speaker 3: But we can get it right.
Speaker 5: These are good values. These are Alberta values. And back when I was growing up, that's what you needed to succeed. Cogjen seti sente to to it's de viv comfort. Lavoie Lodge moved sans that was in community in.
Speaker 4: Edmonton. In Lodge.
Speaker 5: Solangement on the solange mo in the defici de fond infermi is so langement on the bets and Economy said stable housing. Access to housing is the foundation for success. Without housing, it's hard to focus on your future. Without housing, it's hard to start a family, and without housing, we can't build the strongest economy in the G seven. And the reality today is is that when Canadians, particularly young Canadians across the country are doing everything right, studying hard, getting a good education or training, securing a well paying job, saving up, they often barely have enough to pay the rent. Now, that's not true here, that's not true here with these units. That's not true here in Edmonton. But it's a bigger challenge across the country and the challenge of being able to afford a home. And the reason is that Edmonton is not Canada Edmonton, Canada is not building enough new homes and so as a result, housing is just too expensive. And it's a problem that we in the government are now dressing head on. And I said right from the beginning when I launched my leadership bid just two months ago in Laurier Heights not far from here. It's time to build. We need to get housing supply up. In fact, we need to double housing supply on an annual basis. We need to get that supply up so we can bring costs down. We need to build more at a faster pace. So my government will stimulate innovation and productivity and sustainability by promoting new technologies such as modular and prefabricated homes that speed up completion times, lower costs for builders and buyers. We're working to remove barriers by cutting red tape, levies, development costs and chargers that the marriage just mentioned, producing taxes, accelerating permitting approvals, and working directly with mayors. And this is really a story of success in those cities that are engaged, such as Edmonton. Working directly with the cities through the Housing Accelerator Fund, It's made an impact here. It's making an impact across the country from Quebec City to Saskatoon. I know from personal experience and the other thing we need to do, and I'd like to thank colleagues for being here who are building these homes. We need to grow the construction sector workforce, accelerate training and apprenticeship programs, improve the mobility of skilled labor. There's more than enough work right now in Edmonton, but we want to build up the work across the country and we want the skilled workers to be able if they so decide to immediately go to another part of Canada and work there without any red tape or hassle. And that's going to be a focus when I meet provincial premiers tomorrow, because it is a time to build. We are going to have a multi decade building of this country and it is going to be a great time, a great time to have a career in the trades. Now, in the coming weeks, we're going to announce a lot more on a further increasing housing supply, but I want to just concentrate on the other side of the equation for a moment, which is how can we help Canadians, particularly younger Canadians, buy their first homes right now. So what I'm announcing today is that my new government will eliminate the GST for first time home buyers on all new and substantially renovated homes under a million dollars. This is a big deal because first time home buyers are the major purchasers of new and substantially renovated homes. This can provide up to fifty thousand dollars in savings for families entering the housing market. It means that all first time home buyers will need to save less for a deposit, and they'll be able to move in sooner. And it will allow more first time home buyers to realize their dream of home ownership, whether you're a nurse here in Edmonton, a teacher in Red Deer, or an equipment operator on the oil patch. Nu du vent colstril de lodgement blue vite besse government va all vestia don lenovascion comne lodgement monsiello fabric for accelerate the construction redri pri not govern amount. That elimen is up stackrison the pepper as the tax free the development in that government of the form plus the ta known as construction pascue bats plus, said O cre plus the bone zampo Kenadi kenimbers, when that bood billite metna whose emeral lpe s prom Astur Mason the when themillion So it's just second the economy ad on plus the fermi ash de pluvide for generations. Canadians have built this country on the idea that if you work hard, you should be able to have a good home in a safe community. Together, Let's build a Canada you can afford. Let's build the strongest economy in the G seven. Let's build Canada strong.
Speaker 3: Talkic no lipstick on my lips. Okay, we'll get you all talking Messi.
Speaker 6: To the mont sa che Krueger so to Pauren Contre the trava extra all denial.
Speaker 3: De jon extra aldinion.
Speaker 6: The travare uh that's you know, that's his note don Cica minaissant cat cougar fabric and the what they can't know the boyage keipelmet and marchands that travel pe a O Martin Marshi Ali Croui is using surround the rectmunt of party Canady. He get twice sound so check the paper, super fam The sweet Romer Jeff Hayworth how Worthy Trabai she Krueger. If you find town he he returctor general do some sect in bell experience.
Speaker 3: Killer man Shane, No, no, don't.
Speaker 7: Trabi overt and p re compounds le Travai who nepot the key then important, Oh the traf I can't I warrant Belle Maison Dons and Chelsey security tire so promise Canada France drab Montpere. My aunting is a concision on petrol Jean on a fe and trip and and welage the.
Speaker 6: Campaign I'm gonna beta Nick preda pet tecton hey Montpere uh response but Jehan view division the jet Ski Sola La lou Louis and and jet ski idea the pape, the jet ski on that to Loui and Pedalo Jean don laclo a.
Speaker 3: Jet Ski.
Speaker 6: Ra more coach the fact and jet skidlot.
Speaker 3: J D mompire j trest jet Ski.
Speaker 6: He had the okay on the fern dealt Calgary count Spran not what's not Mini van Pepo Savner Cel Louis and and and plus profer the camping sele It's Lui, jet Ski SAMs It's a very band shows Don.
Speaker 3: When the problem say with Canada met now Jean kra He.
Speaker 6: Contribute never swap la prix la prida Warren Mazon and bell v a prey the zoun the deesun the liberal perdu two could the kud a double late ax so do monte a pie plus the deepand this American donk le Schoi Canusa found don is Alexion see the liberal Merritt and Katri m Manda a continerate dog Monte lecoup el tax who Escalator the metrola Canada da bar avecan nouveau govern Conservatar Quiva couple example Lidero the carne Trudeau and double lacud lodge mount double lad nationally aug Montelu Levi Avecley tax elien flacion on a corne la pier Quissant's economic perle said and m milial m billion whose American lake the Canada the family can n y n the pounced plus so Lexa and paul l a tax kill the pans or lepis three levet ma a Lelejma Sabathier plus Paulama Koba with the prison profile for the Moyuvian ll Liberal yeah disa on prom the kuplexample are qua is on augmontelexample A mett now Kato s the can sing the la class moyen the pruce dample kill ya disam don't silly liberal fact the novelle promise electoral the exact amount Lemm shows que pounds on pepalequar so so the mem deputy liberal, they mem minis liberal, the mem stratege liberal. Lemm promise liberal leme liberal see on Lord Don and Kathria Manda Seposaki focus he focused on change. Monkiva Metrole contributed Canada, Bara mon por fire sinus Eisa, Mark Carney Liberopo and Katria Manda Iva Fa sint plemont A mutin nacional Vaxandre Prince Camna Ki Explia dem New York Quia cash U les ac sif down. The Ferradi fiscal is about for monsieur Madame to lemont Seta.
Speaker 8: Le Canas married Mircus mrcus Subira notre cat the liberal are tuski is he married de las Bois.
Speaker 6: In change he married the Ramneil Jaques de pe chaser je jeannounce usual three kilmal a nouveau Google conservatora metro le Country, contribu ap Canadian babar On Coupon Lexample, the Kinges Paissant paul a Travaer Wyen Shaques Canadian pexample, the economy A de la Chan, Paul Trava, Moyenne Sabbat Prasker Miller Arno, Paul Kroupe, the travaer Yen Sabbat Prascer Milder Law push Hey Saba announce Mamma by Sabba A C.
Speaker 3: Taylor, Travai ram bluster production.
Speaker 6: We see Supertos, petitsa Trabries, don't le caul notarayar perf day plus de jean It's about run four notes economy profar fast or munnas the Donald Trump set reduc, the duc the conservati soi lemessma leer g El constuction Ma sign clew O c so, the Nouvelle Maison Paul Redrio, le coup a c plus the construction, contremint O, Libero ke a fable.
Speaker 3: The Canada, the Canada plu. They pound down it as you need.
Speaker 6: The conservator on liber not Economy pocular, Canada pleaset downs and the face fast Donald Trump avec the leadership fed a all the contact, the Trudeau, Corney Libero, found on Diesel on a Plu, fab Al Contry, Santos and sole Go Google, then the Metro Canada da Bar and Restore the Promise to Canada Shaker and who Shack, Saffre and Bell Maison that was in counts secretly tire La si Sa, the Promise to Canada San Mission, the Metro Canada da Bars. Well, thank you very much everyone. It's great to be here today. I think we're setting off alarm belts here. We're very pleased to be here today with Anna and the kids. At Kruger Packaging. I was able to do some measurements and watch the precision of your work. Talk to some of the incredible workers a few moments ago. This is a company that's been around for one hundred and twenty years and they have three hundred employees. Jeff and the team here at Kruger have been building an incredible business that packages up the goods that arrive on our doorsteps. But these people have done everything right, and yet during the Lost Liberal decade, they've been punished for their hard work. Housing costs have doubled, food prices have risen thirty thirty seven percent, faster in Canada than they did in the United States during the last five years. Income sorry, all taxes now cost families more than they spend on food, clothing, and shelter combined.
Speaker 3: Work no longer pays. People are punished.
Speaker 6: You know, it was funny. I saw this meme the other day and it was a little kid sitting on a park bench next to his dad and he said, Dad, what is an income tax for him? And his dad said, well, it's kind of like your report card at school, except the opposite. The better you do, the more you get punished. And that is what income tax is. It is the fine you pay for the crime of working hard. These people behind me, they work hard every day and yet at the end of the month they look at their pay stub and it's tax.
Speaker 3: After tax after tax after tax.
Speaker 6: And the more they work, the more they pay. And we're punishing our workers. No wonder our economy has grown slower than any other G seven country. No wonder a half trillion dollars of investment has left to the United States during the lost liberal decade of Trudeau Carnie liberals. The reality is now they're seeking a fourth mandate. Can you imagine putting them in charge of fourth time after they doubled housing costs, double debt, doubled the food lineups. That would be the worst possible thing we could do for our taxpayers. We remember that ten years ago, Justin Trudeau promised lower taxes for the middle class and what happened. Eighty two percent of middle class Canadians ended up with a higher income tax bill on top of their carbon tax bill. Trusting the same liberal MPs, the same liberal ministers, the same liberal strategists to make the same promise, liberal promises that they've been breaking for ten years. We'll only guarantee that the fourth Liberal mandate will be even worse than the previous three.
Speaker 3: So the choice in this election is very simple.
Speaker 6: Do you want a fourth Liberal mandate where they will raise your taxes and drive up your costs, or do you think it's time to put Canadian tax payers first for a change with a new conservative government.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm here today.
Speaker 6: Today, I'm announcing that Canada First, Conservatives will cut income taxes by fifteen percent for the average worker or two thousand dollars for the average couple. This is a tax cut for seniors who are drawing their pension or retirement income. They will pay on average, fifteen percent less. This is a tax cut for the workers behind me, who will pay fifteen percent less on their income tax.
Speaker 3: This is a tax cut for the waitress, for the welder, for the barber.
Speaker 6: This is a tax cut for everybody who has ever gone up early in the morning and work hard to build our country. This is a tax cut that will put Canada first. We will do it by reduce u seeing the lowest bracket from fifteen to twelve point seventy five, which is a two point twenty five percent percentage point reduction, and that works so to a fifteen percentage percentage reduction in the overall tax bill of everyone earning up to fifty seven thousand dollars. That said, because we are cutting the lowest bracket, every single Canadian who pays income tax will pay less. Modest income people will pay less in relative terms and as a share of their overall income. We will ensure that this money goes right into people's pockets so that they can make the decisions. They will then spend that money at local small businesses, who will then be able to hire more people, creating even more powerful paychecks on which the taxes will be further still lowered, and it is part of an overall plan what I call the bring It Home tax cuts and across the board tax cut on energy, work, investment, and home building. It includes axing the carbon tax, and that includes repealing the carbon tax law, axing the carbon tax for real, for everyone, for everything, for a good, for a change. It includes taking the GST off new homes, axing the sales tax on new homes to lower the cost of buying one and to stimulate more housing construction. It will include lower taxes on investment to bring home the half trillion dollars that the Liberals have driven away through higher taxes and by blocking our resource projects. We will bring I call it bring it home because we're going to be bringing home our money from abroad, and our workers are going to bring home more of the money that they earned so that it can go to their family and their needs. I was speaking to Dobrica earlier on and she was saying, and she's working very hard, but finding the costs or getting out of control. Her her husband has been sick and they've been struggling, and so that it's hard to pay for the bills, and even when she does work harder, she notices that she loses the benefit from her paycheck. We're in this for people like Dibrika and her family, the people who've done everything right. They deserve the Canadian promise that hard work gets you a great life in a beautiful house on a safe street, protected by brave troops under a proud flag Canada.
Speaker 3: First, Let's bring it home.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you all same questions.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you, appreciate you, Thank you so much, my friends for being here, thank you for taking the time. Before we begin, I want to acknowledge that we are gathered on the traditional and unseated territory of the algonquin On the Shinnami people. This land has been home to Indigenous people since time immemorial, and we recognize they're enduring presence, culture, and stewardship of these lands. We commit ourselves to reconciliation and justice, not just in words, but in action. And I want to take a moment to recognize some of the incredible people in this room are dedicated volunteer, our team. Thank you so much, our candidates who are ready to fight for you. Yes, and most importantly and most importantly, you, the people who make this country great.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: My parents chose Canada because they believed in the promise of a country where if you work hard, you can build a good life, where we can look out for one another and no one gets left behind. That's who we are, that's what makes us Canadian. The things that we are most proud of as Canadians didn't just happen. They were not gifts from the powerful. New Democrats fought for them because you believe that if you get sick, you get care. So we fought for and one universal health care because no one no one should go bankrupt trying to pay an hospital bill. We believe that if you've worked hard all your life, you should be able to retire with dignity, so we fought for and won pensions. We believe that you have the right to join a union so you can demand fairiness and stand up to the boss. So we fought for those rights and we won. We believe that whoever you are, whether you were born here or you came here, whatever the color of your skin, whoever you love, or what pronouns you use, however you worship, or what you believe you belong, you are valued, and you have every right to everything this country has to offer. These these are ndp values, These are Canadian values. That's the Canada I love, and that's the Canada worth fighting for. And when your Democrats are that's exactly what we do. Even before Donald Trump started his greedy trade war, times are tough, and we fought to make things better for you and your family. Paid sick days and laws to protect you at work. That was US dental care. Dental care so you don't have to choose between living and pain and buying groceries.
Speaker 3: That was US.
Speaker 4: Pharmercare so you can afford the medicine your doctor prescribes. That was us because we believe that the promise of Canada belongs to all of us. Let me tell you a story of Brianna. Brianna is a mom that I met in Edmonton. I met her in a park with her beautiful family. She's got five kids, single mom, and so she is struggling. So this is all she could do is to keep the roof over her head, to support her kids and put food on the table. And so as a mom, she had to make some sacrifices. She had to make some tough choices, and one of the things that she had to do, given how expensive things are, is she could not afford to take her kids to the dentist, and she felt a lot of mom guilt. It's a feeling that a lot of parents understand, that feeling that you're not doing everything you can to take care of your kids. And so she felt that guilt until we fought for and delivered a dental care for kids. That dental care meant the difference for her family. The first time that they saw a dentist was because of that plan we fought for. And she told me that her eldest actually turned out to have a rare condition that they caught early, and now he's going to have an awesome life. Her other kids were able to get dental care for the first time in their lives, and they're happier and healthier. And I can attest to that because I saw them in that park, smiling and playing. I can remember that look of joy on their faces and that feeling that Brianna had knowing that she had been able to take care of her kids. Brianna is who we fight for, and we will keep fighting for her and every Canadian. But today that promise of a great future is slipping further and further away. I hear it everywhere I go. A mother sitting at her kitchen table, bills spread out in front of her, wondering if she can pay the rent or still afford groceries. A young couple scrolling through listings, realizing that owning a home is slipping further out of reach. A senior without a family doctor, waiting for the healthcare they need. And now, because of Donald Trump's illegal war, illegal trade war, things are getting even more expensive. Thousands of Canadians are losing their jobs. The people who built this country are paying the greatest price, and that's not fair. They deserve a government that has their backs. You deserve a government that has your back, and we will fight like how to make sure that happens. You deserve. You deserve a prime minister you can trust to make decisions in your best interest, not to advance his personal wealth. And we know that someone who's gonna be fighting your best interest. That's not Mark Carney. He has spent his whole career serving the interests of billionaires, of shareholders and CEOs. He makes decisions that benefit people like him. He's not our guy, because anyone who profits off the crisis should not be in charge of fixing it. Right now, the country, right now, the people who built this country, the folks without multimillion dollar portfolios, without blind trusts or hedge funds, the people who earn their living by showing up to work, who dream of owning a home, raising a family, and retiring with a modest pension. They're being abandoned. Mark Karney spent his career making sure the system worked for the most wealthy, not for you. While families struggled to pay rent. He was helping banks and investors profit off the housing crisis when people needed relief. He meets your corporations, driving up prices, kept breaking in profits he cashed in while Canadians were struggling. Now he wants you to believe he'll fix the very things that made him and his friend's richard. He won't fight for everyday people because that's not who he is and that won't change now. And Pierre Poliev his only solution is tax breaks for the wealthy, and that will cost you. He pretends he's on your side, but in the back rooms he's cutting deals with the very billionaires. Jacking up your rent and groceries. He posed in front of workers who had just lost their jobs, and he said nothing about fixing EI to help him pay the bills. Pierre Poie talks about freedom, but he's only offering freedom for the ultra rich, freedom for corporations to jack up your rent, freedoms for billionaires to avoid paying taxes, freedom for big corporations to buy up our healthcare, where he has promised to make deep cuts, making wait times even longer, pushing more people into private, for profit clinics. He wants to gut environmental protections, handing more control to big polluters who profit, who put profits ahead of clean air and water. He would strip away supports that help Canadians make ends meet, forcing families to fend for themselves while billionaires get even richer. When times get tougher, he won't step in, He'll step aside. That's not leadership, that's not a plan that will build at Canada we can be proud of. Let me be perfectly clear, we will never be Trump's fifty first state, not in name, not in values, not ever. Elbows up everybody, and I won't let anyone in this election tell Canadians that the only way to beat Donald Trump is to become more like his version of the United States, where billionaires rule and everyday people pay. Now, I get it. Right now, it can feel like a storm is closing in on us. People are looking for shelter, for protection, for someone to keep them and their family safe. People who are afraid that Pierre pauliev government might make them think they have no choice but Carney. But this is like being told you have to pick between a house, a house with a leaky roof or a crack foundation, one patch together with empty conservative slogans, the other rotting from the inside after years of liberals protecting the most wealthy. Now those houses are not the same, but neither will hold up when the storm hits, because neither was built for you. People will tell you in this election that it's about who can negotiate with Donald Trump. I'm here to tell you the real question is who will make sure you and the things that you care about are not on the table when Donald Trump comes demanding concessions. Who will say no to trading away Canadian jobs or the things we grow and build and ship. Who will stop them from bargaining with environmental protections just to protect corporate profits. Who will fight back When Mark Karney says we have to cut healthcare or pensions to keep investors happy. Who'll stand up when Pierre Palev says you have to accept an American style healthcare system where you pay more. Also, you can give tax breaks to billionaires. Only New Democrats can be trusted to look out for you. Donald Trump is showing us in real time what happens when billionaires and the people who work for them are in charge. Everything gets more expensive, rights get stripped away, and regular people are left to clean up the mess while the wealthy walk away richer. We don't need that here in Canada. We don't need that at all. We all know that we're in for a rough road ahead. Things are already tough, and at the end of the day, only New Democrats will fight to make sure you don't pay the price when things get harder. I'm running in this election to fight for you, not the billionaires. New Democrats have a strong and proud record of getting things done when prices skyrocketed. We fought for relief when people were laid off. We fought for jobs and better support when corporate greed ran wild. We went after the billionaires like Galen Weston, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, because when families are struggling, when your job and livelihood is on the line, when prices are soaring, new democrats choose you. Every time. The wealthy and powerful will never hand us change. They have too much to lose. Each victory for Canadians, for families, and for working and middle class people, from pensions to public health care, was one because people like you fought for it. Billionaires don't stay rich by playing fair. They don't wake up one morning and decide to stop gouging you at the grocery store. They don't just decide to lower your rent or to raise your wages. That only happens when we demand it, when we fight for it, and when we win. Do not let the rich and powerful tell you that you deserve less. Do not let them convince you that in a time of crisis, you must sacrifice while they profit, Because when the storm hits, they won't feel it. They'll have golden parachutes, private clinics, and tax shelters. But for working and middle class families, the only way life gets better is by standing together and electing leaders who will fight for you, not for the billionaires. That's what this election is about. That's what it's at stake. We see what's happening in the US, REED is tearing it apart, and those same forces are banging at our door. We can and we must fight back. We're not here to patch up a broken system for the next storm. We are here to rebuild it stronger, safer, and fairer for everyone. I believe that's worth fighting for. You are worth fighting for, and I'm in it for you. Thank you so much. Let's see let's say thank you, thank you. Il Pierre Les Bois shows MDIO it Crennels impacted, Donald Trump, flush on complete montprill control dis it as you need on a Verpa ca vc Les Jean Fount two, Sequill four ran pre Le, Frigo Bondon set lend price from de Prophi record, Jimsy Lonci and politics paste de vois le Jeon and a che band dej sant riches on car a young car. Just see de von vous Don, the Jack Pasque and Nila vide jon Jack the vuletpar cocoise just like parlement voules conform the government Vuli progascist de partuo pi Pocato trabajon pap a c because you complete Geno Vera at trap Prime Minister for Elon Musk Gale in Western joenal Verpa at Trapt, Prime Minister for Brookfield, Le Bank Juva at Premier Minister tra Travel years. Don't say town Defici, say sack collegi best one le senig Moon di can sin a purple Si says soco made to Navi. Say secuse on d pull a system the sante a Tommy Douglas, elmpday lone faith say s sukis on de ples one down there, oh laugh, say say scuse on deep lass Young's media at a.
Speaker 3: La fe.
Speaker 4: Se sucise on d scuse on la Anti Brazil on la fe le dej e media and air on u the government set up vote to the government Cenepa Marcaria, la pass carrier through leon Let the president, the Brookfield, the company fe Reno, Victim, la Monte su le Billon Environmentalis, a company with the Pristar show. It continued on me said to question the priority in Marcarani and montre Ce prior the Premier Premesque la fe who plays and pope. The media are a local. The couple is poor a d service pola class mayen senepa suprnour killed the verpa transparent so is active in the verbak u sachet pour qui travai people yea couper ali service pola class mayendney plus o miliadar couprenante moment the system secrude, coupure and lodgement a local conclus de lodgement, coupere don last protection coupele sand a local touch the jean vompe le prix elipe mo a senepali block giver proteus see denis an a is on a complete more in util general compompa blanche assess the deer killed ferrasuki bomp q bac mel fe to la contre levote cop one down there a levote p block the finance mad contraceptive, a medical medical mon poly diabette gratu domessur he ad the medium, the q bequa a maintainer l d pres and governorment conservatire quiva coupe down tusuki a cher be quas come on, sir, say keep it quiz le jeon choir affair post election don't say town deficile volvo the deputy n la protegri who the deputy neil Democrat pro jean a better vote factori I work like man, asked Donald Trump with the canque prior mister Madame de lemon Bay done around card plus de puvoir osild and government nailed Democrats a bat bnsociety, Jean Travai ensemblella defeu Voulo associety to le mont pas loge se granpier Frigo Jean profe and system de sante raci qui las one prosenploi the longue francaise like culture quis notre oh a two seeking news share cont attack the Donald Trump a the siqui worldfare to Canada and pay comes a guini see dens and a pede us montree o hon a d caro vandre He can't leave merchandise he own a parphini le progue change more naive pass el fe force a bat polar complete the ish el is elite shows is on pert to Victoire the travare and pascals on that you pull uptiner ensemble I don't accepted more ensembler battis on the pay they not have mercy. Thank you so much. Let's see let's see see says say, I say thank you, thank you, thanks so much.
Speaker 9: Let's say per over person now A will now take the media questions, will go with one question, one follow up vis it.
Speaker 10: They'll me your name and your media Hi, I'm Christy kirkup with the Globe and Mail, mister saying, with all due respect, you are the most experienced federal leader, but you're going into this campaign considered the underdog. How is that possible?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm very familiar and comfortable being an underdog. I think a lot of Canadians can relate to that. But what I'm looking at right now is I'm seeniingor country where there's a lot of workers who are worried about losing their jobs. I hear people worried about the cost of living getting more expensive. And I know that folks like Pierre Pouliev and Mark Karney would want nothing better than for the new Democrats to disappear. For us not to point out the fact that Mark Karney's first steps was to bring in a tax cut for millionaires at a time when he's promising also his plan is to cut services for people, and that Pierre Paulie have showed up to a factory where workers have just lost their job and he proposed this is a tax cut for big business and nothing for those workers who lost their job. I'm sure they would want nothing other than for us to disappear and not point out those things. But news to them, we're not going anywhere. We're here and we're going to fight for people every single day.
Speaker 10: And just as a follow up, if I may just drill down on you again, it's your third campaign, so why are you deserving of a job promotion going into an election campaign with such weekend support.
Speaker 4: Well, we've shown Canadians who were feeling really struck, like a lot of struggle and worries, that we can deliver for them. When people were saying that we can't afford to take care of our teeth, we delivered dental care for folks that were telling us that they couldn't afford their medication. We delivered pharmacare We've delivered for Canadians, and I want folks to know in this time when there are serious threats to our country, we know that the other guys aren't in it for you. They showed you their priorities. Marcarney spent his career making rich people richer, and he's done it profiting off of the crisis, like the housing crisis. Pierre Pauliev, like consertives always do, wants tax cuts for his billionaire buddies and cut services.
Speaker 3: For you and your family.
Speaker 4: If you want someone that's going to fight for you, that's always going to put you in your family first, not the billionaires, not the cus, but you. That's us, that's new Democrats, and that's what we're going to show you every single day of this campaign.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Next Media.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at depictions dot media for more information.