Speaker 1: Get in London, East Acton exactly on March first, nineteen forty four, and for years that a generation of British rockers. Roger Daltrey of the Who, Happy Birthday, Scott Squeeze Fox.
Speaker 2: She wears on the chest from when Daddy comes home and then it.
Speaker 1: Gets no rest, gotsa laying all night. Then the music's all.
Speaker 3: Right, my mama, Scott a.
Speaker 1: Squeeze watched that exactly night. Well the kicks only in the Dunkhans sleep.
Speaker 2: There's no escape from the newsic can the whole dancey gots wlaying.
Speaker 4: All night.
Speaker 5: And the music's all right.
Speaker 2: My mama, Scott a squeeze watch that nest exact She goes in staying all night the music song right, mom Scott, Squeeze Fox and that sneak side.
Speaker 6: She goes sees, oh yeah and squeeze wheezer liking mees cke dude, I'm so.
Speaker 2: In love you, Mama Scotten Squeeze Fox that and Never Speak Sad.
Speaker 1: Night, part of a band that sold over one hundred million records worldwide. Man Roger Daltrey was born in a hospital in London, England, in the middle of a World War II bombing raid in nineteen forty four. He is eighty one on this March the first. We're hoping that March comes in like a lamb, and it sounds kind of lavish forecast wise, because well, we look forward to the lion at the end. I don't know why. We'll figure out the animals as we move along this morning before we look ahead and look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. Eighteen seventy two, President Ulysses As Grant signed the Yellowstone National Park Protection Act, the first national park Yellowstone. Nineteen thirty two, Charles Lindbergh Junior, the twenty month old son of Charles and Ann Lindberg, kidnapped from the family home in New Jersey. Remains of the child two months later found, and still a lot of controversy about what happened actually to the Lindbergh baby. For Puerto Rican nationalists opened fire from a spectator's gallery of the US House of Representatives, wounding five members of Congress. The year was nineteen fifty four, not that long ago. On March first, nineteen sixty one, President Kennedy signed the executive Order establishing the Peace Corps. Nineteen sixty six, the Soviet space probe Venerer A three made contact with the surface of Venus, the first spacecraft to do so to reach another planet. A bomb went off inside a men's room March first, nineteen seventy one, at the US Capitol. The Weather Underground claimed responsibility for the blast, which damaged the building, but did not injure anyone, and on this date in nineteen seventy four to seven, including former Nixon Whitehouse aids Hr Halderman and John D. Erlickman, John Mitchell, the Attorney General Robert Marty and indicted by a grand jury on charges of conspiring to obscrube justice in connection with the Watergate break in. It was all unraveling in March in nineteen seventy four. Besides Roger Daltrey, actor Dirk Benedict turns eighty. Senator Deb Fisher of Nebraska is seventy four, Ron Howard OPI. Cunningham is seventy one, Actor Tim Daly sixty nine. Hockey Hall of Famer Ron Francis has a birthday. Filmmaker Zack Snyder is fifty nine. Javier Barden is fifty six, Basketball Hall of Famer Chris Weber nineteen fifty two. Well, no, he is fifty two. Remember when he was nineteen and he called time out when Michigan didn't have any in the Fab Five's attempt to be the youngest bunch ever to win a national championship. Mark Paul Gosslier is fifty one. Let's see any Keisha and Justin Bieber is thirty one. The little kids growing up. Maybe if it's your birthday, I hope it is absolutely the best birthday you could possibly imagine, and you get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do, and that is truly my wish for you. Hello Chris to two point zero, up, bright and early this morning. You might you might want to tuck back in. I don't think there's anything ahead in the next few minutes that's going to make a difference in your life, Honey, A few more hours of sleep. Maybe it's coming up on five forty one Weather and Sports with Liam Tomlinson in just a moment on seven hundred WL mostly cloudy, cold start, and I'm not going to get a whole lot warmer A high up to about thirty seven or so to top out this afternoon. There was a chance of a little spitting rain or even some flurries through the day. No great accumulation is expected from that cloudy over night cold down to twenty tomorrow morning. And looking ahead in the week to come, we're looking at more forties and fifties as the roller coaster ride continues. Seven hundred l Sports willam Tomlinson pray tell what is going on in the wide world of sports this weekend. I think there's some team from Lexington that is hosting the number one team in the nation today in college basketball.
Speaker 7: It's a big sports day here around the station. Every station will be patchful of sports all day. But the seventeenth rank Kentucky Wildcats hosts the number one team in the country, Auburn Tigers. Tip is set for one. You can catch all that action on ESPN fifteen to thirty.
Speaker 1: Do you think Barkley will play for Auburn?
Speaker 7: I don't know how much of the game Charles Barkley could play in today's age. It's too busy enjoying life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I forgot the round mound of rebound. What else you.
Speaker 7: Guys's the first day of March so obviously March Madness is to begin, and very important games here in the Tri State area. Xavier host Creighton this afternoon, and right now they are in Joe Lonardi's first four out you see, as in the next four out of the tournament. Xavior host Creighton. That game begins at four to thirty. Pregame coverage begins at four on fifty five KRC. You see is on the road in Houston to face the fourth ranked Cougars.
Speaker 1: You see, tournament hopes.
Speaker 7: Are low, as I mentioned in the next four out according to ESPN Joe Lonardi, however, one today can certainly boost their resume and put them in the first four out. Pregame coverage begins at four. Tip is set for four to thirty right on WBN the NKU Norris host Young Sound State and their regular season finale. That ballgame tips off at one. Pregame coverage begins at twelve thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. The Reds fell to Sacramento thirteen to one yesterday. They're back in action today at three zh five against San Diego on seven hundred wlw or CE Cincinnati c oh No, I'm sorry, please, I've seen Cincinnati's on the road this evening to play the Philadelphia Union. Pregame cover to been that seven kick is set for seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the fourth ranked Cougars, and then you're referring course to Houston. What would you consider a first ranked Cougar? Maybe Chris Jenner back in the day. Yeah, I don't know. Have you encountered any Cougar's you're of that age?
Speaker 7: Uh, Marty Graul last year in Covington, which is tonight, right, who was she?
Speaker 1: You remember?
Speaker 7: Just some band followers of this band performing at Strasshaus.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought maybe the ones that were directly pursuing you as the young bait.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they were after I you know, they were band followers of this weird like all rock band that were all older.
Speaker 1: It was the interesting night for sure. M there you go, all right, we'll enjoy yourself. Five forty five, seven hundred WL do to make us the right choice office in Washington, DC at the White House. The President of Ukraine, you may know him as Vladimir Zelenski. You may know him that way because that's apparently his name, was in town to sign the mineral agreement. With the United States that would provide a pathway forward to end the killing and the bloodshed in his country of Ukraine. This is the same guy, of course, who was on a phone call within President Trump that got President Trump impeached simply because he was asking the real deal on what was going on with Joe Biden and his son in Bearisma and Ukraine and all of that. Anyway, that guy, so they'd already worked out all of the diplomatic angles they thought, so anyway, crossing all the t's and dotting all the eyes. Until Zelenski gets in front of the camp with the president and the Vice president and other people from the cabinet of our country. They're ready to sign this deal because there was a certain process that they were going to follow. They're going to sign the mineral deal which would tie the United States inexorably to protect its own interest in Ukraine and thereby provide a peaceful buffer. Now I'm missing all of this because we don't watch news at the bar. You never should. It's not a place for news or anything controversial. The people are usually controversial enough. Who are there? So I find out all this out later about the little hissy fit and I was watching the body language of Zelenski while he was talking with President Trump, and it was all closed. His arms were folded, his hands were clenched or on his lap, just hands tightly together. President Trump's body language, he's open, he's like his hands are open. He's welcoming. And Zelensky couldn't even say thank you for the opportunity to end the bloodshed and the killing after we poured three hundred and fifty billion plus over there of our own money in a war that's not ours to help these people out because Vladimir Putin, yes, did invade their country, but again not our war. He didn't invade our country. And I will bet you a dollar two a bag of donuts that if if we were invaded by Russia or China, I don't think Vladimir Zelensky or any of the rest of these war hawks are going to come to our aid. So he had his chance. President Trump says, after the little tirade that Zelenski threw after and then got thrown out of the White House, he's welcome back anytime. He's ready to talk peace, peace through strength, negotiation, the art of the deal. Obviously, Vladimir doesn't understand it America first, God bless them all. We'll apparently mameitories finally on the line. Well, we'll talk to her. We'll talk to Dick from Dayton. They're both hanging in minutes. It's five point fifty one on a Saturday morning. How you doing?
Speaker 8: Pound pound?
Speaker 9: Woo?
Speaker 6: Oh the fun.
Speaker 1: A man somewhere A choir is missing you, dear?
Speaker 10: You know me and ALEI.
Speaker 11: You do it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know I'm a year I mean six years old today. Remember I died March first.
Speaker 5: Nineteen, nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 10: What twenty nineteen?
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry, twenty nineteen you died? No, I didn't remember that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, samey southeas. So I'm six years old.
Speaker 12: Yesterday was our twenty eighth anniversary. And Elvis will be here the nineteen. Once you called Crag and U three, we'll have a surprise party.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 10: See, hey, el that's how you're doing.
Speaker 5: Friend.
Speaker 1: Maybe we maybe we can get Elvis out to my anniversary party at the bar on the fifteenth.
Speaker 10: Well, you'll be here, I mean, he'll be here the nineteenth. Well I can call him, you can call.
Speaker 1: Him maybe together, Okay, Well it's a suggestion. And if we have or if we had Elvis perform at that, that's gonna make it even bigger. I mean it's gonna be it's gonna be huge with you there and the other other people, uh, you know, and you're a star, but you get Elvis, that's I mean, that's something else right there, and that that elevates it to a whole another level.
Speaker 10: And then Craig adopted him somewhere along the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Creig Craig is a good guy. Yeah, bring him in. The more the merrier, Listen, I got a roll, mamometry. We're kind of late this morning, but I appreciate the son. I love you, You love your show. By Times and Biggens and Grin and Dick from Dayton is right here here, right now on the line. Good morning, Dick, Good morning Jeff.
Speaker 14: How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine. Our friend Dave from Dayton has some dick picks. He'd like for you to prognosticate it anyway. Just give me your opinion of this, he says, need dick picks on what Area hoops teams make the NCAA Tournament, the Big Dance? Xavier? Will Xavier make the Big Dance? Dick it's kind of iffy. Yes, yes, you see, well you see make the big dance. Yes, yeah, they're like the last eight out right. Now, what about your Dayton Flyers that's doing pretty.
Speaker 5: Good this year? I do they they make the turna Chanel.
Speaker 15: Seven used to carry him down.
Speaker 1: Here, that old Channel seven.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, they don't care him anymore. But uh yeah, they they've always done well. I remember in college they were probably one of the better.
Speaker 1: To all right, all right, so yes or no? Does Dayton make the tournament?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: What about Miami? They're in Oxford? What about the RedHawks? RedHawks aren't gonna make it? And what about n KU Northern Kentucky University they make it? You think, Yeah, they gotta won the tournament. I think to make it. But that's okay. So Dave from Dayton, hope you logged all that down. Dick from Dayton. It's always good to speak to you, my friend. And in just two weeks I'll be seeing you, right, Yeah, sure, I can't wait me either. Is Jeff from New Bremen gonna bring you down?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I haven't heard from Dave, but I hope to get there.
Speaker 9: I've been wondering about it.
Speaker 15: I always have a good time down there.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna bring Are you gonna bring your banjo? Yuke or your band? Alam? Okay, the banjo into the first Official Hour the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, March first, twenty twenty five, March coming in like a lamb. There was some old Saturday Night Live bit and they did the whole lamb lion thing, only it was John Belushi and he went from if March comes in like a wildebeast, it'll go out like a wounded tiger. All these other analogies that just didn't make any sense anyway, flashbacks, I get them all the time. Six minutes after the hour, let's check in with our friend Dave from Harrison. Good morning Dave, Good.
Speaker 16: Morning there, Willy Junior, or how are we doing this morning on Happy March.
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine again. As I stated on Thursday, I'm not Willie Jeff. When I do the Cunningham Show, I'm not Gary Jeff Cunningham. I'm just me, just like I'm just me right now. Hey, Dave, Yes, what are the sucks say to the pants?
Speaker 11: What up?
Speaker 1: What up? Britches? That was from Dave from Dayton. What do you got for us this morning?
Speaker 11: Where did bees come from?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Beehive, Stingapore and be Levia?
Speaker 1: Okay, the Stingapore no, no, no, no, no no. The Stingapore was pretty good. The be Levia not not so much. What was the next one?
Speaker 11: Why couldn't the polar bear get along with the penguin?
Speaker 13: Why they were polar opposites?
Speaker 1: Marginally humorous? Marginally marginally humorous? Last one, Dave, last shot?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 14: Why is it easy to play tricks on lollipops?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 11: Why is it easy to play tricks on lollipops?
Speaker 1: Why is it easy to play tricks on lollipops? Tell me please?
Speaker 4: Because they're suckers.
Speaker 17: Jokes told by Da from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming for a second bill?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 16: Just fine?
Speaker 11: Sir?
Speaker 18: Thank you for taking my call. I'm looking at this as we speak, and I mean, this guy man, with all due respect, I think you should set down.
Speaker 11: He didn't have.
Speaker 18: Elections, and he's shown as true colors.
Speaker 1: You're talking about, you talking about Zelensky.
Speaker 13: Yes, I mean he's shown his true color.
Speaker 18: Our study is politics and I love love the stuff, and he showed us true colors.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 19: He was so rudely talking to Trump, interruptty and and all this money and this guy man, he came there to make a deal on these materials that we can use.
Speaker 1: And well, when you're in a desperate situation and hundreds of thousands of your citizens that you supposedly represent have been murdered in this war, both soldiers and citizens, and the Russians obviously taking great casualties as well. All Donald Trump wants is for there to be peace in this region. It's one of the things he campaigned on, ran on, and he knows the art of the deal better than anything else. Zelensky just expected another blank check from the United States government because that's what he's been getting in the past.
Speaker 4: Can I say one more thing?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Absolutely, well, but he he was so rude, and I know everybody can be under pressure.
Speaker 13: With all due respect, he's shown that you nowed it.
Speaker 18: He just thought he'd give here another Blaine chuck and then a.
Speaker 15: Trump is smart.
Speaker 18: God, thank god he's on our side.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with that. We want to pay that. Wouldn't want to be on the other side of Donald Trump. All right, Bill, thank you so much. Appreciate the comments and your thoughts. Old Radio Rick, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning. You're coming in five by five by proxy. I'll explain that in a minute. Okay, nineteen forty one Filco Model forty one DASH two five eight F. It's a four model. It's a gorgeous two band with the AM and a low end shortwave band and six tubes and jumping to the catalog.
Speaker 13: The two fifty eight F.
Speaker 4: I keep saying that wrong six tube ac DC superheterodyne, including the new XXD tube. That's exciting because apparently they didn't want to call it the fourteen AF seven. I don't know what that's what.
Speaker 1: The XXD tube. Now, let me ask you before you go any further. Does my nineteen forty one film COO floor model have the XXD tube?
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 4: Go although although it may actually be a fourteen AF seven, same freaking thing. Both numbers are on the box.
Speaker 1: I like XXD. It just sounds cooler.
Speaker 4: It does go ahead almost xxx but not quite new Filco built in super aerial system Concert Grand Electro Dynamics speak your pen Toad audio system. Well, obviously it's got that right. Everybody knows what that is?
Speaker 1: What what what did you say? What audio system?
Speaker 4: Pen Toad audio system toad?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a type of tube.
Speaker 4: Is it really? The entire catalog listing is inside baseball?
Speaker 1: Does the pin toad have an exploding gas tank?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh that's oh, so many jokes came up, like an episode of Hunter I was watching where a camaro crashes into the back of a pinto when the camaro explodes. Oh, irony, you have been defined.
Speaker 1: The funniest thing you just said was an episode of Hunter you were watching. Now I know what you do in your spare time, and it's frightening.
Speaker 5: Well it.
Speaker 11: Is.
Speaker 4: You got to have something going on in audio all the time.
Speaker 1: To take your mind.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, exactly what you get the ringing out?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Where were we were at? The pin Toad audio system?
Speaker 4: Pentode is a type of tube that's all that is covers standard broadcast, state and city police not anymore, night aircraft not anymore, and amateur stations still true. Now, at the beginning, I mentioned that this is by proxy, which means somebody else currently has possession of the radio because they own it. Are you familiar with the term work wife?
Speaker 1: Well, is that have anything to do with the Mormon religion that? I'm sorry, that's sister wife. I am so sorry.
Speaker 4: No, it's this weird thing where at the job you've got this person that's like your wife, and you know what, I'm not going to go any further with that. It's just the definition that's creepy enough. But I feel the old radio Rick by the way, now old Rady Rick LLC. I had a work wife. Her name actually is Christa, and I believe she is currently receiving the station five by five on this very model in her home in Southgate, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Uh, have you been talking to my wife?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: I have it.
Speaker 4: I hope it shouldn't freak out about this.
Speaker 1: When you said nineteen forty one Filco floor model, I didn't realize you were describing my beautiful radio that Christa gave me, that you helped restore and repair, and she says, sounds like liquid gold.
Speaker 4: I had nothing on the bench to report for you. I thought this would be fun.
Speaker 1: No, this is good. Was there anything else in the catalog that you found extremely inside baseball or even weirder than the pentode?
Speaker 4: Well, there was a listing for the hordable radios listed as the radio cells for eighty nine cents, And if you read after three paragraphs find out no, that's for the shoulder strap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be hard to put a shoulder strap on my forty one Philco. That would be.
Speaker 4: Put it on there.
Speaker 1: But if you if you're gonna, if you're gonna move it with a dolly, you probably want to put a strap around.
Speaker 5: It, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it your shoulder or the radio shoulder?
Speaker 1: No, hopefully not on the shoulder of the road. Uh So, anything else going on in your neck of the woods, sir?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm on the mend, I'm glad to say, and things are going well that part. And uh, I think uh Toledo Steve is also on the mend, and he's finally back home after three months.
Speaker 1: That's that's incredibly great news.
Speaker 4: It is, indeed, and still praying for him, but I think things are going really well. So that's about it.
Speaker 1: All right, Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. Now Old Radio Rick is an LLLC. Well, I mean, did you do that just because you were afraid somebody was going to sue you?
Speaker 4: Would it be bad if I said yes?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: No, we all need to take certain precautions. All right, Ricky, have a great rest of the day, and thank you very much for detailing my radio, my nineteen forty one film. What's the model number? Full model number again?
Speaker 4: Forty one two five eight s s in Frank, there you go with the floor.
Speaker 1: But yeah, with the pent Tode audio system and the xx D two. Take care, brother. It's twenty minutes after the hour seven hundred wlw welweven WL at six twenty two. Liam Tomlinson is in with some sports reports, details of things to come. That's a big weekend, March madness, basketball and more. Liam.
Speaker 7: Do you think March madness begins with conference tournaments or the Big Dance?
Speaker 1: I think March madness begins today on March first. I agree, it's March. It's madness. It's madness everywhere, and the only explanation is the turning of the calendar. And you know that something big is getting closer and closer and closer. This is when it all matters. In fact, entire team's destinies for the season are determined quite often in March. There have been a few four runners. They've been like Auburn's number one. We know Auburn's going to be a big player in the NCAA tournament, and the teams in the top twenty five at this particular time of the year pretty much guaranteed to be a part of the Big Dance. But there are so many teams on the outside looking in, and the games that they play from this point forward determine either their postseason life or an early end. Like you know, their they're groundhogs that saw their shadows. So yes for U see for Xavier this weekend. Starting this weekend is huge and every game that's left to play until they're either ruled in or out is going to matter exponentially.
Speaker 7: So yes, Xavier host Creighton this afternoon. Pregame coverage begins at four tip except four thirty, you can catch all that action on fifty five k RS. Cincinnati is on the road in Houston facing the fourth rank Cougars, and that is a big resume booster.
Speaker 1: If you see can pull off the upset on the road, if if if if, if you know, and if if they had gotten their act together, Oh, I don't know, maybe last month or in January, it wouldn't be quite as consequential. But if it's huge, yep, well.
Speaker 7: We're here now and they if if some busts were canny nuts, we'd all of a merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: But thank you, Liam God, that is so I'm so glad you brought that profound and you brought that to the four.
Speaker 7: Pregame coverage begins A four tip is set for four to thirty. You can catch all that action on w e B and NKU. Norris host Youngstown State and their regular season finale ball game tips off at one. Pregame coverage begins at twelve thirty. That game is on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. The seventeenth rand Kentucky Wildcats hosts the number one team in the country, Auburn Tigers. Tip is set for one on ESPN fifteen to thirty f C Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: They've looked good this year.
Speaker 7: The Dan Case signing seems to already be paying off three games, three goals. They play their second MLS game against the Philadelphia Union on the road today. Pregame coverage begins at seven. Kick is set for seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. The Reds fell to Sacramento thirteen to one yesterday, but they're back in action today at three to five against the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 1: Right here, right home with the Reds hold on. The Reds played the Sacramento Kings the Sacramento Athletics. Oh, are are they in Sacramento now? For this year? They're playing in a Triple A ballpark, So they wanted to get that much closer to Gavin Newsom. I.
Speaker 7: Yes, they couldn't get away from California and get to Vegas yet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they got beat pretty handily by Sacramento. And now are they gonna when the Athletics find their final resting place, are they going to change the name of this team again? It's been in LA, it's been Oakland, it's Sacramento. What are they going to Vegas? What's happening?
Speaker 7: Well, they are going to Vegas, but the deals complicated. Obviously, We're dealing with our own contract with our sports teams.
Speaker 1: No is their official team name. The Sacramento Athletics. I've heard people say Sacramento since that's I've never heard that until you said it this morning. Well I heard it the morning for the first time too. I'll see you decide you'd just pair it that. Okay, they're not just they're not the Sacramento Athletics. They playing Sacramento. Well, I mean, they're not the Anaheim Angels. They're not the Los Angeles Athletics, the Oakland Athletics, the Vegas Athletics. They're just the athletics. Well, do you think they can be the athletics once they go to Vegas? I think there are probably very there. There are a whole lot of athletic people in Las Vegas, mostly in Cerctus. Solet anyway, they're playing again. The Reds are playing again. Is that what you're gonna tall?
Speaker 7: I add three oh five San Diego pot is right here on the home of the Reds seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: That's very good. Thank you, Liam. Sacramento. They're no Sacramento baseball team. There's no crying in Sacramento. I'm toasting you, Sidham.
Speaker 21: We maybe through You'll never care. Me's were the whiskey down.
Speaker 1: Jas and this morning. Those friends are at a low place named Brookie Saloon on Main Street in Ripley, Ohio. How now, Brown County. Good morning, gang, good in the morning. Ah, you sound good and full. You got to what maybe three or four people there, right, Doug? Five holy macaroni, six thirty five in the morning. You got five people already pounding them down at Brookies.
Speaker 22: That's great, holy one of us.
Speaker 1: Well, gee, let me guess who that one would be. Is it? Is it Sherry the green the green Hornet? No, no, no, no, it's not Sherry. It's not Doug. I know he's got more sense in that. Let's see. Is it the beaver? The beaver doesn't drink.
Speaker 23: He's dry right now.
Speaker 1: Is buzz there? Is that the problem? No, no, buzz isn't there. I wonder, I wonder who could be consuming alcohol at this ungodly hour of the morning. Try one more, Lexi.
Speaker 5: You gotta think, no, honor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't bring Noah that that cute little kid down there, did you? For God's sakes? You don't want to do that. That's not good parenting. Ah, Matt Miller, that was a tough one. Yeah, sure it was so Anyway, what's going on there? Guys? What tell tell me what's happening on the main streets of Ripley on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 22: Well, the cook's out of jail, so Darren has food again.
Speaker 1: Excellent.
Speaker 22: Nope, no man tonight, but the Queta Hearts will be up around one hundred and fifty thousand dollars on Wednesday evening at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Well, that's getting more and more attractive to make the drive down fifty two to come see you, guys. I don't if I'm not working. Maybe this maybe this is the week. Yep, it gets more better. Uh, well, I hope it's you too, unless it's me, that's right. So tell me about the weather Rock. It survived the minor flooding and and everything you save the rockets. Are the rockets back in their place of honor underneath the weather Rock there at the end of Main Street.
Speaker 23: Now they're still in my car.
Speaker 4: I never got down there this week.
Speaker 23: I have the work extra this week, so I've been okay, I haven't been out and about as much.
Speaker 13: But they're still in the car.
Speaker 23: But they're going back.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sherry, you need to understand, and I thought you fully grasped this but the weather Rock and the ensuing rockets are the major tourist attraction now in Ripley, and it's in fact, it passed the ranking House just last year. And you think that that's there's no way that's going to surpass that historical monument and milestone to freedom and and everything else that is a ranking house. But no, the weather Rock and the rockets have become synonymous with In fact, I think Trevago has special hotel rates nearby oh by.
Speaker 23: Well, they've been hanging out that.
Speaker 4: Work with me.
Speaker 24: Okay, well please, Yeah, we had a lot of wind here yesterday.
Speaker 23: I was afraid the weather Rock would be flat today, but it's still standing.
Speaker 9: Ya.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that you should. You should continue to protect them, but please place them back because you don't. The weather's gonna get nice and you're gonna have people. You'll have people that are coming. Yes, yes, exactly, all right, guys, have a fantastic weekend. Thanks for checking in as always, Bye bye. At six thirty nine, it's seven hundter WLW Steve from nno Ohio with a pithy phone call. The news of the week and the news cycle hasn't had this kind of a workout, and I don't know, maybe nine to eleven. The Trump train is moving right through and if you don't get on board, you may be left behind at the station as Vladimir Zelenski was yesterday, or at the White House. So anyway to chart that. And I have no idea what he's going to talk about, but I'm sure it's going to be pithy and it's going to be worthwhile for you to tune in now to Steam from at in Ohio.
Speaker 20: Good morning, sir, Good morning Gary, Jeff. That was a protest song long ago called little Boxes. It was about all those residential developments that are full of houses that all looked the same. No creativity, no real diversity. I got another reminder this week of the deadhead zombie Marxist left's love affair with boxing people. In when MSNBC screeching Hen Rachel, listen to my fingernails scratched the blackboard, Madow carried on about the departure of Joy Reid from that tin cannon string operation Vanilla. Rachel calls her bosses racists for axing Red and other non white hosts.
Speaker 11: Unquote.
Speaker 20: So, Rachel, if you are a person of color host with audience numbers that need a magnifying glass to see you are entitled to your job. Hell, when I got into broadcasting, before you cats were born, it was ratings and revenue. Nothing about race or sex in the media playbook. Now I guess, just like working for the federal government, performance means nothing.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 20: Wow, this is getting contagious. And Rachel, isn't it about time you gave up your white, privileged job and let an aspiring ABW anything but white person had your job. Wouldn't that be what Spike Lee would call the right thing to do? And then there's Daniel John Bongino, who's Italian and fairly white, but he is married to an Hispanic so can we give him half a box? Damn, this is getting more complicated than the recipe for lasagna. I mean, is it meat then cheese meat again, or some other way around. Dan just got nominated to be Deputy director of the FBI. In a second, I'll tell you what his qualifications are. But first, here's the mainstream media mini sizing a hated conservative broadcaster. The one word Bongino put down description is podcaster. That fits about as well as dubbing Jesus Christ Carpenter Bongino is a veteran of the NYPD more than a dozen years, with a secret service that included the presidential details and being an instructor at the Secret Service Training Academy. All of this following two master's degrees, one in psychology and another in business administration. I'll bet it's sure as hell beats anybody's resume at MSNBC. How about you, Rachel. Also alarming these days is the fundamental misunderstanding of who causes wars. Trump is criticized for blaming Ukraine for starting the most recent Ukraine Second Soviet firestorm. This feud has been going on for centuries, and of course Europe as a whole does nothing about it, and this time is no different. That's how we the US wound up pulling Europe's chestnuts out of the fire in the Great War, as England calls it, and then again we went back twenty five years later for World War Two. But Trump may be on to something. The number one goal of any sovereign entity has to be national defense. Hours totally broke down under Joe Biden when he opened the.
Speaker 4: Borders north and South.
Speaker 20: Ukraine had already lost territory to Russia in twenty fourteen when the Ruskies took over Crimea, something they had a habit of doing for ages, Europe did nothing. Ukraine has no concept of national defense under its current corrupt leadership, so inexplicably we step in to bolster a nation eyeing under its own weight. I was watching an American Indian the other day call the rest of we Americans illegal immigrants.
Speaker 4: That's pretty clever.
Speaker 20: But what he should have called us, and he would have been correct, is invaders. If the Native Americans two hundred years ago had listened to tacumpsa Shawnee from Ohio and started the Pan Indian Movement, he suggested, they would have been able to defend themselves. But no, they were happy with tribal feuds and civil wars amongst themselves. That made a national defense impossible. And thus today five hundred and fifty so called Indian nations within the sovereign United States go hand in hand to Washington, DC every damn year asking for more money for housing, food, education, medical care, and police protection. They can only blame themselves for their lot. The invaders are always out there, as for all the dei weeping and knee a gnashing of teeth. The affirmative action crowd actually got off easy, didn't they. Nobody who stole a job from a more qualified applicant has ever been fired for that crime or prosecuted. Isn't that interesting? Thank you, Gary, Jeff. I'm waiting for March Madness. February went out pretty damn wild in Washington, d C. Didn't it take care of your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Thank you Steve for met in Ohio. Another great phone call, my friend Ray from Loveland. How are you this morning?
Speaker 14: Good morning, my brother Gary, Jeff Walker, Good morning the Hey listen. I'm just curious, is is the prop going to be on this morning? Is Jim going to be on uh with you this morning?
Speaker 1: I don't believe he's going to be available this morning.
Speaker 14: Well, I'm hoping to get some verification on that classic that you started the morning out with, that song by The Who and Roger Daltrey singing lead, and this really for Liam, you know, so he understands that that that that really was written by Pete Townshend about his mother playing the accordion accordion. So I'm just curious we.
Speaker 11: Could verify that.
Speaker 14: But anyway, that's a side note.
Speaker 1: I oh, Lillams, Liam's pretty quick on the uptake. I think he got uh. I think he got the drisk of that song right off the bat ray.
Speaker 14: Anyway, go ahead, please yesterday's events. I can't help but think you know, if effectively, you know, if Lyndon Baines Johnson, given the same scenario with Vietnam, had acted similarly to our president yesterday, would we have fifty eight thousand plus names written on a memorial in Washington, d C. Of our fallen and the Vietnam conflict that went on well over a decade, well over a decade, and it effectively yesterday President Trumps looking in the camera, I mean, he's telling people that have your children that are in armed forces or if you're serving, that we're talking about your kids that could wind up in a conflict one day. And the word used yesterday by JD. Vance conscript. That's a draft YEP, which there was a draft which you and I had to sign up for secret service from not secret service, for selective service. Remember we turned eighteen and this was several years after Vietnam. That's what that word means. How would this be reported on the media today if this had been Barack Obama or Joe Biden in that same conversation that they be hailed as they'd probably get a Nobel Peace Prize. Again, I don't know. It just gets me stirred up, and I hate to do that on Saturday morning because your show is fantastic. I look so forward to it, and I just just thank God for you.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: There's there's room for everybody, even you. Ray Always and my friend Pat from Cole Rain who for years called me a name? Are you still using the name, Pat, sugar lips? Sugar lips? Okay, what's on your mind? What's on your mind?
Speaker 23: Watching that fiasco at the White House yesterday, and I got to thinking Zelenski. Basically, I think he was hoping for more money and weapons, of course, But the thing is he also has stated I heard that months ago, the money that they have gotten, the billions, he has no clue where it is. So I mean, somebody's pocketing this money, just like they do in this country, the way they have things going. Somebody's getting a kickback on this. And also I think Celenski also said that there was going to be no voting. I don't know if he stopped it, but there's something definitely wrong. But JD and Donald I think they did a great job yesterday. But they're trying to get these people together and talk to find peace for this. So all I can say is for people to pray for the country especially, and pray for your leaders. But sugar lets, honey, you have a super day and I will talk with you later.
Speaker 1: It's already better just because you chimed in this morning. Pat, I appreciate phone call as all was. I kind of liken it to our involvement in Vietnam. We were there, and we were there boots on the ground, as Ray mentioned, fifty eight thousand some American dead because of our incursion in Southeast Asia. And we were there ostensibly to protect the rest of the world from communism, communist China and the Viet Cong. Did we protect South Vietnam or anywhere else from communism with all of that blood and treasure That was, sadly to many people's minds in vain No. And now the argument with Ukraine is we've got to stop Putin now he's going to take over the rest of the world. Probably not. And it was a terrible thing. He did invade sovereign country and as Steve pointed out this has been going on for years, hundreds of years between Russia and Ukraine, and it's not our war, but we're trying to solve it and fix it. As the policeman of the world, we cannot continue to be the policeman of the world. We have to protect our country and throwing more billions of dollars at Ukraine to a losing cause is not protecting our country at all. We'll see what happens. Steve Shulty. On the other side of news with environmental stuff, We've got Roco Costelano on the way, the Tom Davis Diaries, and we will have a rock and roll archaeology this morning around seven thirty five. Science Mike and Moore coming up on the Saturday morning edition on seven hundred.
Speaker 25: It's still gusting to fifteen to twenty miles per hour temperatures today only top out in the mid to upper thirties. Also a chance for some light snowfall tomorrow, also only topping out in the mid to upper thirties.
Speaker 1: Firmas of your weather station.
Speaker 25: I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Right now, we're at thirty five degrees here in Cincinnati. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 27: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW in to.
Speaker 1: Another hour of the Saturday Morning dation for this Saturday, March the first, twenty twenty five revived. Ron Wilson was brewing coffee in the other room and I gambled and got some. And it's not decalf. Get the defibrillator ready. How about we talked to our friend Steve Schuld, the environmental engineer with a report on the climate.
Speaker 28: See tree seventh green reds too. I've seen them blue, and I think to myself.
Speaker 5: What I want of.
Speaker 1: Good morning, mister Chelte, Good morning Gary Jeff Walker? All right, so, uh where are you if? Where are you if anywhere? And what will you be reporting on this morning?
Speaker 4: Sir wow, I.
Speaker 15: Am reporting from the parking lott of Saint Anne Church in gross spec So, uh man, We're gonna start off first with one of your favorite topics, gry Jeff is evs Electric vehicles.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love them.
Speaker 15: So this comes from Raising Foundation Surface Transportation News number two, s twenty six February ten, twenty twenty five, by Robert Pohle, headline. US electric vehicle sales increased in twenty twenty four by at a slower pace, and I would say had much slower pace. Overall light vehicle sales total about sixteen million in twenty twenty four, two point six percent increase over twenty twenty three. Total plug in electric vehicle sales were about one point six million, which was six point five percent increase over twenty twenty three. By comparison, the increase from twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three was fourteen point three percent, from twenty twenty one to twenty twenty two twenty five percent, and the increase from twenty twenty to twenty twenty one was fifty percent. So obviously the market looks like it's getting near saturation.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and you know you point out those numbers. From twenty twenty to twenty twenty one, the increase was fifty percent. What happened in twenty twenty twenty twenty one, the Biden administration, the mandate, the mandate and the tax, the tax advantages and the cash people were given to buy those electric vehicles really kicked into high gear around that time and was just accelerating at that point. Now, and I would suggest to you that quite possibly, in twenty twenty five, the sales of those plug in electric vehicles will be actually declining for the first time since we started out to sea.
Speaker 15: The headlines are definitely showing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: The next one is from the Heartland Institute. The Climate Realism showed number one forty six of yesterday. Actually all right and more more Climate grift news were otherwise known as climate graft. Climate crusader. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, Democrat Rhode Island, has been caught backing legislation that funneled millions of tax dollars to his wife's nonprofit organization. Little more bore details. The senator's dear wife, Sandra, is president of Ocean Walks LC, another of one of your favorite NGOs. According to tax filing, she is paid as a quote senior policy advisor two hundred and eighty thousand dollars a year by her former employer, Ocean Conservancies. Ocean Conservancy another NGO who received In twenty twenty three, Ocean Conservancy received about fifty million dollars, and in twenty twenty four, we know that there's two wards to them, five point two million from NOAH National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and one point seven million from the both for de pre cleanup from the oceans. So Gary, Jeff, what it just shows you is how they try to hide the money. They give money to one organization, then that that organization pays another organization, that that pays another or.
Speaker 1: Two things here, Steve, as we wrap up, UH number one, it's called money laundering, and I believe it's illegal, and uh and or it should be. And the other thing is how can it be a non governmental organization if it's getting money from the government. Thank you have a good weekend. It seven twelve at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: So I'm eating this delicious sick who can't pie?
Speaker 1: The oh it was a cheap suck. Sure, use your privilege to buy a ball the cheap just trying to tell a.
Speaker 12: Joe nothing funny about starving the poor.
Speaker 27: Sometimes it's safe to say anything, but not with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 1: They want to hear what you have to say. We think it's important for everyone to be heard.
Speaker 29: Eddie and Rocky Monday afternoon at.
Speaker 1: Three what seven hundred WLW Hey, everybody.
Speaker 7: When we started out in Nashville, we never imagine what we were going to be able to achieve. We got here because we worked together and had each other's backs.
Speaker 30: In America, we have the privilege of being a diverse society made up of people from all kinds of backgrounds, and that's a big part of what makes this country such a great place to live.
Speaker 31: When we put aside our differences and work together, there is no challenge too great to overcome.
Speaker 1: This message is brought to you by the US Air Force. Bye and service your sprinter at Mercedes Men's of Fort Mitchell. Your forecast as follows mostly cloudy, colder day to day thirty nine for US physical shall we fitness trainer biohacker Rocko Costellano joining us on a Saturday morning. Rock We've heard all this talk about about measles and how measles is making a comeback and cases of spite whatever hundreds of percentages over year to year, and we're all there, don't know what's going on, and it's the unvacs that are causing this and all the fear mongering. What's really the story with measles in America right now?
Speaker 5: Rock well, Gary, Jeff measles in America. You know, well, I you know, I'm kind of sick and tired of the media consistently uh, you know, a fear mongering. This is the exact same playbook that they did with COVID that they're going to do.
Speaker 11: You know that they tried to do.
Speaker 1: With with bird flu.
Speaker 5: With the bird flu they killed They killed nearly one hundred million chickens because of the bird fluw and now of trying to do that with measles. And and the funny thing with measles is that, like with every other virus, you know, like with zeca virus and all those other viruses, uh, measles uh will accounibalize itself. And the weird thing about this one is they won't explain where it came from. But they will say that that it came from a Mennonite A community, which actually it didn't come from. It's an absolute lie, but they want to They want to talk about the Mennonite A community because they are typically unvaccinated, and and they will never ever tell you where it actually came from, Like, oh, I don't know, you know, undocumented.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna what have we had happened in our country. Over the last four years, we've had a flood of more than ten million, some say twenty million unvetted immigrants from around the country, illegal illegal immigrants.
Speaker 5: And they have vaccinated in their other countries, right exactly. And the most important piece of this whole thing is that the only time that we get measles outbreaks is from people that go outside the country, and most likely Mennonites were not We're not taking their horse and buggy and going over to you know, Pakistan or you know, or to the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Right, Mennonites, Mennonites, Mennonites will not need a real id because they don't fly.
Speaker 5: Right, and they're not going all the way, you know, and they're not crossing the Mexican board on their horse and buggies, and you know what, like this is where that propaganda media insanity still is is alive.
Speaker 1: And well you're right, the fear mongering is non stop, and they just swisch diesels.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and THESS will keep will keep confined unless there's a big you know, like there's a a well, well, you know, a heavily trafficked area that you know, when people are going from that area to somewhere else like California or whatever. You know, you got to be flying a lot and and everyone's going crazy. Even my former my former sister in law was telling my nephew that, you know, I had to write this article on my block to kind of keep my own family.
Speaker 1: From going nuts. Listen, Roco, thanks for the real information Rococostelano dot com if you want to read Roco's fine work. He's done a lot of research on subjects that often are let's say, blown out of proportion. Speaking of blowing things out of proportion, how about the Tom Davis Diaries or the These stories are totally contorted, wild wacky stuff from around the country and around the world. Here is our correspondent.
Speaker 32: Now, Good morning Gary Jeff. This week emergency puppy surgery. But first and good old Bloomington. A Hoosier named Jarvis, Canada was arrested for using his eleven year old son as a designated driver. Unfortunately for Jarvis, his son wasn't all that gifted behind the wheel crashed the car into a ditch. When the cops got there, the poor guy told him that he had been driving since his dad picked him up from school earlier.
Speaker 1: In the day.
Speaker 32: In North Carolina, police are looking for a woman who stashed her boyfriend in a storage unit. Robin Deaton is on the run after locking her boyfriend up for four days. Finally somebody heard him screaming and let him out. Cops says she's got multiple warrants. A genius from Columbia caught at an airport with ten thousand dollars worth of cocaine stashed under his wig. After being spotted with a suspiciously lumpy head. Cops literally cut his hair till cocaine started to fall out, and finally. A puppy from California recently underwent successful emergency surgery after consuming twenty four socks and forty three other pieces of clothing what seven month old Luna.
Speaker 1: Ate a shoe, insert, a scrunchy.
Speaker 32: Two hair ties, and a lot more before getting visibly sick. Her owner took her to the vet, who was able to clear a stomach. The vet later posted a picture of all these items organized on a large table. Luna expected to make a full recovery next week. A Florida man arrested for waiving a chucky doll at people outside of a grocery store.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 21: Is there a special time you like to listen to Scott's Loans?
Speaker 1: Sloney is so smart and funny and genuine. I love to listen to him. Oh I do too.
Speaker 15: Sometimes I put on something sexy to listen you nutty girl, And when my husband comes home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it reminds me of how he's not slowney. Neither is mine. It sucks. Hey, I heard that. You know you're no sloney either.
Speaker 21: Scott's Loan Monday Morning at nine on seven hundred WLW, and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 29: My name is Kyle Tequila, host of the shocking new true crime podcast Crook County.
Speaker 1: I got recruited into the mob when I was seventeen years older. People are dying.
Speaker 20: Is he doing the Submary Night?
Speaker 29: Kenny was a Chicago firefighter who lived a secret double life as a mafia hitman.
Speaker 1: By a wife and I had two children. Nobody knew anything. He was a crazy man.
Speaker 29: He was my father, and I had no idea about any of the until now. Listen to Crook County in America's number one podcast network, iHeart. Open your free iHeart app and search Crook County to start listening.
Speaker 1: Love is exhilarating and exciting. Love is keeping things spicy. Love is hog Talk to this gentleman for years now. You've seen him hurt him everywhere, talking about the latest advancements and the latest things to be worried about in the Internet of Things society in which we live. Tech Talk with Dave Hatter on a Saturday morning, and Dave, how are you.
Speaker 13: I'm good, Garret Jeffson. I'm always happy to be here. I enjoying some good out there.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully we're doing some good. I just got the text yesterday that well that I have a toll that I didn't pay from another country, and that I mean that they obviously the message came from out of country, but apparently I owe a toll. Should I click on the link and find out what that's all about and make sure that I pay that toll so they don't come and arrest me or worse.
Speaker 13: Dave, Yeah, yeh, that's a spectacular idea. You should click the link, send them all the money, send them all the information they asked for it, because you know, otherwise you might have like blue helmet un troops swooping from the sky and that's what I'm worried about, me and mar or somewhere like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my wife got the same and apparently we haven't been through anywhere that had a toll that we might have missed or not paid. What do you think is going on here, Dave patter Well, you know, Gary.
Speaker 13: Jeff, I always know those are a scam because I try to avoid toll roads like the plague. Oh, I'm not going to drive anywhere where I have to pay a toll unless it has to be like a life in differentults. So I already know it's a scam. And secondarily to your point, and this is something people need to be paying attention to. You know, it's very very easy to send a text message to spoof the number that it was sent from. So that's two things. But you know, first off, how would you owe a toll to a foreign country, So you should always look at the number, and if it came from a foreign country, you know it's a scam straight up, right, there's no point even going any further. And if you're on an Apple phone, Apple by default, as a security measure, will disable the links in any text, so that unless that number is recognized to you or you add it to your contexts. So if you get a text on an Apple phone, the link should be disabled by default unless it recognizes that number. So that's a security feature for you. And why I'm bringing that up is a don't add any numbers that you don't know to your contacts. Don't reply because that can add it. And also if you apply to these things. While it can be fun to send back some sort of snarky comment, every once in a while, if I get a text, it's usually a pig butchering type scam like hey, I was supposed to meet you for once today from some number I don't know or anything like that. You know, Tom then will try to strike up a rapport and then get a conversation going and then leads you into some kind of scam above and beyond the toll thing. K out reply like well, I'm currently working with the FBI scammer team. Can I help you? And usually that does it. But even by replying, all you've done is guaranteed to the scammer. If you're a live person, that's an active number, because there's a reminder, Gary Jeff, I could write a program that will just random to generate phone numbers. Yes, they may have your specific phone number, maybe from a data breach or something. Or they may just be generating random texts to see you know. Fishing, right, it's fishing via text. It's called submishing in the business. They may just be looking for anyone that'll bite on these things. So, yeah, foreign numbers, it's a scam. If it's not in your contacts, probably a scam. No government agency is going to text you. I mean, I encourage people's taxis. Lots of tax scams are on tax season. Go to IRS dot gov and read the rules around how they go and will contact you. They tell you straight up they will not reach out.
Speaker 11: To you via email.
Speaker 13: They're not going to reach out to you via text and tell you that you owe taxes and send gift cards and make a wire transfer.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 13: So this toll thing, I actually think it's good because I doubt it's very few people are falling for it, But it does illustrate to people how easy it is to do these kind of scamsa text and you know, the real advice always is ninety nine percent likely of a scam, and if you're when you get a text about anything that might be concerning to you. You know, I'm always more concerned about the more legitimate text, like your package didn't get delivered. Right, people do have a lot of things shipped. UPS is not going to send you a text, but you know at least that it's more likely to be it's plausible, plausible, thank you, perfect word plausible. Probably not probable, but plausible. You know, if you're concerned, stop, go look. If you ordered something and it didn't get delivered, go back to wherever you order it from, look it up there, get a tracking number from him. Go to UPS on your own. You know again. Text is increasingly becoming the mechanism for these bad guys because it's easy to use, its cheap, and it's easy to spoof any phone number. Plus it's really hard on a phone with a naked eye to look at a text and then word it's legitimate. So yeah, they're increasingly using these tactics, and that toole thing is a big one at the moment.
Speaker 1: So the sun Pass alert your vehicle as an unpaid toll bill. I've found the text to avoid excessive late fees on your bill. Please settle it promptly. Thank you for your cooperation. Total amount sixty sixty nine. Please reply, Please reply, Why then exit the SMS and open it again to activate the link or copy the link to your Safari browser and open it. No, thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 13: Dave Patter, thanks that Gay, Gary Jeff. Real quick, they're telling you exit it and open it again because if you reply yes, it adds it to your contact and enables the link a second time around. That's how sneaky and.
Speaker 1: Bboussecuts are, those sneaky little devils. All right, all right, Dave, have a good weekend. Thank you, my brother. We'll talk soon. I'm sure. Rock and Roll Archaeology is special edition coming up. Insulate your Home with USA installation called three eight one, three six two six or three eight one foam on the web USA insallation dot net. In this week's Marketers Report, Corey Marchisoto, CMO of LF beauty partner if I Hurt Women's Sports, talks about partnerships a few moments, but the usual stuff is what's happening, and we're just having a discussion about how the news, which just concluded, is never good. People always ask, well, why isn't there good news on the radio? On TV. Well, good usually happens, so that in effect does not make it news. News is the stuff that's out of the ordinary that happens, and that's hugely not good. And the only good news is in the Gospel, in the Testament, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So anyway, blah blah, blah, blah blah. Here he goes again. Uh, five minutes after the hour. Time for a visit with our friend science Mike and a Science Minute on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 17: Yes, as a night scientist, surprising all blinding me, yea quite surprising.
Speaker 1: It was Michael, good morning, How are you, my friend.
Speaker 9: I'm talking to you from Goodyear, Arizona.
Speaker 1: You're in Goodyear, Yes, I am, hot diggity dog. What's going on you? You're doing red spring training? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I went to Masa yesterday.
Speaker 9: I saw the Red Kit slack watch the Hunter green just fall off the table.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know it's it's it's it's spring training.
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 1: It doesn't as long as Hunter's not hurt. I mean, he can have a bad outing as long as he's not hurt, since he is the ace staff.
Speaker 9: The good news is they had a ten run free taco roll yesterday.
Speaker 11: So you got free tacos when you have a.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: If one if one team scores ten runs, you get free tacos.
Speaker 11: This is awesome yesterday.
Speaker 1: That's right. Well, how many did how many tacos did you get? I'll load it up now.
Speaker 11: That's just a couple of chicken.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good, a couple of Josh, we have a topic today.
Speaker 9: The actually is a empirical dat has come through Gary Jeff that women actually do talk a lot more than men.
Speaker 1: No, empirical evidence shows that women do talk more than men.
Speaker 9: Yes, between the ages of twenty five and sixty four. I don't know it's a Chicago song there, but I looked at Uh. They studied a wide group of people. There's two hundred participants fourteen years a date, across four countries, and they collected over it's almost six hundred thirty thousand audio clips. They actually had people wear recording devices and they recorded randomly through the day, and they found that women do really they average almost thirty three hundred words per day more than men.
Speaker 11: It's like twenty minutes.
Speaker 9: More talking a day than the male counterpart. Some of that they don't really think it's really gender related per se. But like early years, for women that were talking were to their children more than obviously men are talking at that time period in their life. That could be one causal relationship. They did have specific things here, and one of us related to like WW. One of the least chatty participants was a man who averaged sixty two words a day, and the most chatty he did almost one hundred twenty five thousand words per day, which is like one hundred and thirty words every minute.
Speaker 11: And they gave his name. You might have heard of the guy named Scott Sloan. You ever heard of him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it rings a bell.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he was the one that talked incessantly.
Speaker 1: So imagine that. Listen, this is something that I have talked about with my wife. We'll be sitting at home sometimes and I'll have just gotten home from maybe it's Saturday morning, in fact, this morning, when I get home whenever that is, I have a little bit of time before I have to go off to my other job, and we just purposely sit in silence.
Speaker 9: Just I mean, well, but you've done talking for four hours, right man?
Speaker 1: And that's the thing she asked me, why are you being so quiet at one time or another. And it'll be right after I've gotten home. I said, I used up all of my day's allotment for words today, Honey. I mean, I only have so many words at my disposal every day, and I talk for a living, so I don't have a whole lot left for you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, last thing I want to do is go on a computer I get home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my wife's not a big talker either. It's not that you know, she's she's blowing it out on one end or the other. It's just I sometimes I'm just out of words, and I know that this is as a man, that's all I got. So I think there's there's a lot of scientis playing the pod race today and you're going to how long are you out in Arizona?
Speaker 11: Mikell coming back Tuesday?
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, A good weather so far was gorgeous. Good enjoy it? Well, you got it, brother, have a good time, and thanks for checking. In ten minutes past the hour, our special guests will be entered into the fray here in just a moment on a Saturday morning edition on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 33: Hey, Mike mcconnall here reminding you if you overslept, or if your head was encased in plaster, or you're being chased by dinosaurs on some remote island. The reason doesn't really matter. Just know if you miss my show, you can catch what you miss the Mike McConnell Show on the Mike McConnell podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 24: Over the years, you've brought them into your home. You were prescribed opioids after the C section, when Dad injured his back, when your basketball star tore his acl Opioids helped with the pain, and you held onto them just in case.
Speaker 1: But did you know holding onto.
Speaker 24: Unused opioids puts your family at risk. Opioids are powerful pain reducing prescription medicines, but most people who are prescribed opioids don't finish their prescriptions, so millions of unused opioids are sitting at homes across the country, and tragically, more than one hundred Americans die every day from overdoses involving opioids. What can you do to protect your family remove the risk of unused opioids from your home, pills patches or syrups and drawers, purses and cabinets anywhere they might be hiding. To find out how to just spose of them properly, visit www dot FDA dot gov slash drug disposal.
Speaker 1: The forecast as follow us cold this weekend compared to what we have seen thirty seven about for a high and that's it with clouds.
Speaker 3: Song Cavin kind shall.
Speaker 1: Of course Reunion of Souls, Let's go to love the song that signals Sits time for our friend brother Rick Green to chime in on a Saturday morning with our word of God trying to do something positive on this program. It's about time we do that, brother Rick, Good morning, How are you? Good morning?
Speaker 11: Garry?
Speaker 3: I walk up prayers for you and your listeners and wait till you hear the soundtrack that Eddie put together from the movie.
Speaker 1: Say maybe we're just listening to their Rick's movie is debuting this next Thursday night, March sixth at.
Speaker 3: Spring Down, Nazarene Churts, Cincinnati, Ohio. Now can anybody come or what's going on in to the public?
Speaker 1: All right? And what time?
Speaker 3: It's six pm and seven thirty it's gonna be two showing, two showing.
Speaker 1: It's only an hour long. I think that we can probably make the seven thirty We've got to work Thursday, but I think I can get up to Springtail in forty five minutes from northern Kentucky. Okay, so I took a vac Sunday. Yeah, well, yeah, I mean one way or the other. This movie has been in the works for how long, Rick, fifteen years? Well maybe even longer than that. Yeah, considering it's about your story. Oh yeah, all we know God, we're bringing the path.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people found out the wayside, and that just told me we weren't supposed to work together.
Speaker 1: Why why a movie? I believe God love is so great.
Speaker 3: I don't feel right living my life and not sharing it with the world. I think everybody needs to know. Okay, maybe this little dude from Cincinnati. I'm gonna try my best to make some noise with it.
Speaker 1: You brought some visitors in. We're gonna do another butt God podcast after I get off the air here with people's testimonies to Christ and explain who we've got coming up. We got Todeckie Costello this morning.
Speaker 3: We met I don't even know how many years back, but like I said earlier, we met and we just clicked. Some things are so positive they just work sometimes. I don't you know. I can't get the right words for it. But her heart and my heart, and.
Speaker 1: I guess the rest is history. Good morning, Becky, how are you? Good morning? Thank you for having me? Oh no, thanks for being into your husband. John's here too. Just she needed a chaperone. Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't forget it. Now, So what do you do for a living vic if anything? Actually retired? Oh? Good for you. So I go wherever God calls me. All right, and this morning he's called you here. That's right. Well, the Lord does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he. John, good to see you. So Rick, would you grace us with the word of God this morning? Okay?
Speaker 3: We had Second Corinthians, chapter twelve, verse nine. But he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you. My power has made perfect and weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
Speaker 1: Amen. That sounds like a testament to testimony. I will I will put on full display my weakness to show the greatness of God. Amen. I've got a coffee cup at home right now. I don't know if Christ is drinking coffee yet. But it's from Grace Fellowship Church where we've attended some and that's all. It's it's that verse. It says Grace is sufficient for you. You know.
Speaker 3: I told God this morning on our private time. I said, God, thank you for allowing my joints to work, because I know they don't work because it's supposed to. I know God commands everything. My joints on work. I can't get out of bed. It's just in in my mind this morning. Thank you Father God. Have you had problem with your joints? No, it's just I don't know. It's just laid heavy on my spirit. This thing don't move because I wanted to. God has to command it. It's not me, it's all God. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie Rick really Yeah? Six and seven thirty Springdal Lutheran Church, Oh, Springdown, Nazarene, Springdale, Nazarene Church.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what's the address on that?
Speaker 11: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I'll figure it out, man. People can go to Safarian Looks, Springdale Nazarene Church. All right, Becky, good to see you, Rick, always great to see you always good. Sit back and watch me work. I guess until we get to the podcast. All right, Saturday Morning Midday is coming up with Dan Carroll. Here's a promo for Mike Allen, who's not here today.
Speaker 21: This morning at nine, Mike Allen takes a stand and then eventually a seat once his legs get tired. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Ohio Businesses, here are the signs you background your financi they accounting software still doing manual work in spreadsheets and then.
Speaker 25: The teens for some as winds are still relatively breezy this afternoon. We only top out in the mid to upper thirties. A chance for some light snowfall, but more than likely just some flurries flying around from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harton on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 27: Seven hundred WLW Sports slaym.
Speaker 1: Here's the big news of the morning, and I bet you don't have. President Trump is planning to pardon Pete Rose for any and all, and that should that should clear things up with the baseball writers in the Baseball Hall of Fame, after all, it was a lifetime ban. Sadly, Pete's not here anymore to enjoy his possible induction into that hollowed howl of baseball lore. But President Trump will pardon Pete Peter Edward Rose the lifetime ban. Obviously that's expired, since Pete has gone to glory or wherever. And uh so, now maybe Pete can get in the Hall of Fame. What do you think of that? Liam?
Speaker 7: Is that going to change the voters' minds of allowing them into the Hall of Fame? And then they broke the rules by gambling on the game and broke the integrity of the sport technically, Uh huh, Yeah, it's slippery slow, that's all you can.
Speaker 1: Well, if it's a lifetime ban and he's no longer alive, wouldn't you think he's not banned anymore?
Speaker 11: You have?
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts on shoeless Joe Jackson On shoeless Joe, Oh, he should have been in years ago? Bars, shoeless Joe, Pete Rose put them all in. Come on, you think Major League Baseball cares about the integrity of a game when after a strike they purposely allow players to get juiced up on performance enhancing drugs, and then when it's found out that they were on peds, major League Baseball throws those players under the bus, the same ones. They give a nod and a wink too, to encourage fans to come back to the game from the excitement of more offense and home runs. I think that's valid. I think that's a very fair point.
Speaker 7: It's all up to the voters in the Hall of Fame, So it's going to be interesting to see how they take this pardon from President Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it will be interesting. Basketball. What you got today, buddy.
Speaker 7: Big day of college hoops March has officially started. The madness has begun. For some of the smaller leagues. It's their last game of the season, like the MKU Norse host Youngstown State ballgame tips off at one. Pregame coverage begins at twelve thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Cincinnati is on the road in Houston to face the fourth ranked Cougars. You see is in the next four out according to Joe Lonardi's bracketology. Pregame coverage for that game begins at four. Tip is set for four to thirty. That game can be listened to on WEBN. Xavier host Creton this afternoon. Xavier currently is in the first four out. According to Joe Lonardi pregame coverage for that begins. A four tip is set for four to thirty on fifty five KRC. The seventeenth ranked Kentucky Wildcats hosts the number one team in the country, Auburn Tigers and Rupperena. This evening tip is set for one on ESPN fifteen thirty. Some notable basketball games top twenty five hoo but today Clemson on the road to face Virginia, the sixteenth rank to Maryland on the road in against Penn State, Texas Town at Kansas Seaton Hall at the Garden to face Saint John's Number six Alabama is in Knoxville to face the fifth ranked Tennessee Volunteers, and the twenty two ranked Arizona Wildcats are on the road to Names to face the ninth ranked Iowa State Cyclones. Sccincinnati is on the road this evening to play the Philadelphia Union.
Speaker 1: Pregame coverage begins A seven kick good start to the FC Cincinnati season so far.
Speaker 7: Kevin Dankey, a premieer signing from Belgium, three games, three goals. That kick is set for seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. The Reds lost to the Athletics thirteen to one yesterday. The Red Legs are back in action today at three h five against San Diego on the Home of the Reds.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW and Science Mike will be there once again. Today the eighty first birthday of Roger Daltrey, the frontman lead vocalist of the band The Who. So Happy birthday, Roger Daltrey. And again, if it's your birthday over it is the best birthday possible. You get to spend it with people you love, doing the things you love to do. My wish for you at age twenty four. I just wanted to mention because I had talked about Brooksey, the cat dog, our beloved feline, who passed now two weeks ago yesterday on Valentine's Day. He was two months shy of his eighth birthday. There was no reason to expect that Brooksy wouldn't be with us for many years to come, but God decided to take him. And when I talked about it on the air again, I mentioned all of the outpouring of love that I had received from people who just heard me talk about it and understood our pain, mind my wife's pain of losing a beloved family member that happened to be a cat dog, and one of those people was Westside Jim Keefer. Yesterday, Westside Jim and his wife Pam came to the place where I work during the week I was opening up and they had gone out of their way to order a slate heart that says in loving memory with a cat and silhouette of Hobbes, who was our previous house cat, and Brooksy, who were buried beside each other in the sideyard where we live. And so we've now we've got that up on the mantel. It moved us both to tears. In fact, thinking about it now almost moved to tears. And again you could say it's just a cat, but if you become attached to your pet friend, it's more than just a cat or a dog. And people who have these pets understand this. But just that gesture of going online and ordering this engraved heart and a stand that goes with it, that will be something we treasure and look at for years to come, and I think we're going to probably pursue getting I'm looking for the next cat dog. They're hard to find. Brooksy walked on a leash in a harness that I trained him on from the time he was about three and a half months old. He objected it first, but then he took to it because it was the only way he could go and enjoy the great outdoors with us on the front porch and defend the territory of our front yard, which he did exceedingly well. All of the big dogs in the neighborhood knew not to touch one blade of grass on his side of the sidewalk. Brooksy rest in peace. But thanks to west Side Jim and Pam for that lovely memento of our beloved cat dog. And it's in a place of honor, and you are in a place of honor in our hearts. Eight twenty seven seven l. Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's.
Speaker 26: Sportscis Then in by the All noon twenty twenty five ES on Armada on this.
Speaker 34: First day of Women's History Month, we're shouting out some of the greatest female oudly to war number one like legendary soccer player Brianna Scurry, the World Cup champion and two time Olympic World medalist. She was ducted into the National Soccer Hall of Fame in twenty seventeen. Her career total one hundred and seventy three international appearances, is second most amongst female keepers. For more women's sports stories, be sure to subscribe to Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 21: The twenty twenty five all new Niece on Armada can tackle almost any just in case moment you encounter, so go drive it today.
Speaker 25: And the teams for some as wins are still relatively breezy this afternoon. We only top out in the mid to upper thirties. A chance for some light snowfall, but more than likely just some flurries flying around for severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Steady thirty six right now in Cincinnati. I'm Sandy Collins, our next updated nine on news radio seven hundred WLWI.
Speaker 27: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Kids Time. What gives some wally stupid dog tricks? Guy walks into a bar with a small dog under his arm and sits down at the counter, placing the dog on the stool next to him. The bartender says, sorry, pal, can't bring the dog in here. So this is a special dog though he plays a piano. The bartender says, the dog plays the piano, tell you what points to the piano in the corner. He said, if that dog can play, you can both stay and I'll buy you a drink on the house. So the man puts a dog on the piano stool and the dog starts playing Ragtime Mozart runs again. Then he plays some rock and roll. The bartender and patrons are amazed the dog is playing the piano. Suddenly, a bigger dog runs in the door of the bar, grabs the small dog by the scruff of the neck and drags him out, and the bartender says, what was that all about? Yes, Oh, that was his mother. She wanted him to be a doctor.
Speaker 35: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station. Make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app Listen for all your music radio and podcast free never sounded so good.
Speaker 21: News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 1: Here's a spring cleaning hack to make your life easier. Schedule and appointment. Today was Zero's carpet and Erdak cleaning to get rid of all the dirt and grime this winter brought to your in the studio. This role incredible by nature of digital imagination. We are actually on a Saturday morning together, but it's Tuesday afternoon because Moe is an Arizona right now as we speak. And you know what, how is Arizona more you? How are you enjoying it so far?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 16: It's great. I'll tell you what. This has been the best couple of days of my life. It's been sunny, We've seen some unbelief spring training baseball and wow, amazing.
Speaker 1: I can't get enough of it. What you can tell me? What else do you do besides watch baseball in Arizona? Because it seems to me I've been told by other people who've been out to spring training since the Reds moved out to Goodyear that there's not a whole lot else to do? What else? What else would you do on a day like today if you weren't at a baseball game and be careful your wife? Maybe?
Speaker 16: So I started going to spring training on a yearly basis in twenty twelve with the same mostly the same group of guys, and I was skeptical that I was going to enjoy Arizona because I had been to Florida, and Florida you have beaches, and I love beaches. Arizona no beaches. But what I like about Arizona is the spring training locales are not spread as far apart as they are.
Speaker 1: And you and I had this question a couple of weeks back, and you said that you really like Arizona for spring training because you get to see multiple games in one day.
Speaker 16: You can see multiple gonna do that on Monday, the Reds play at night, so we're gonna go see a game somewhere else and then two and one.
Speaker 1: So I like that.
Speaker 16: You can golf. Now I don't golf on this trip. What golf's a little pricey and shipping your club.
Speaker 1: Usually only golf when you're talking to me on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 16: But there are folks among us who will go out and golf. There are folks among us who are going to go out and hike. That's a big thing in Arizona. That's not necessarily my jam. I just I enjoy the local cuisine and I enjoy the ball games, and that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Local cuisine. Give me a favorite Arizona spring training dish, something that's authentic to the area, something that you enjoy that you can't get in Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: You know, I think the further you get to Mexico, the better the text Max is. Well, that makes sense as a general rule, So I like the text mex in Arizona. The name escapes me, and if you ask me next week, I'll give it to you. But there's an Italian place in Glendale, Arizona that is really really good. And there's also you know, you don't think of sports bars as places where you're gonna get great food, but there's a place in Scottsdale that we love called the R and R Sports Bar, and it's San Francisco Giants branded because it's close to the Giants ballpark and we stay in Scottsdale, and that bar might have some of the best bar food I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody on this Reds roster that's reported to spring training MO that will be a surprise to fans and you think could make the big league club from the get? Is there anybody who will come in out of it from nowhere, out of the gates? Well, I was talking with somebody else last night and he said, you know, spring training baseball. You know, I kind of watch it, kind of don't, He said, You know, because there's always number eighty two, who you know is not going to have a place on a ride. I said, But every once in a while there is that eighty two that surprised everyone has an incredible spring training m h blows it out and impresses the coaches enough and the manager enough to say, you know what, We're gonna give this kid a shot. Is there anybody on the horizon like that for the Reds or somebody to watch?
Speaker 16: I don't know that there's anybody who's gonna come from nowhere to make the team. I do think there are some guys who can maybe come from nowhere and make a case to be on the team later in the season. You're gonna hear the two chases, Chase Burns, Chase Petty. Chase Burns is an impressive kid. We had him in studio in January. He was drafted last year at a wake Forest number two overall, and the Reds did something interesting. They shelved him, didn't pitch him, didn't have him pitching competitive environments. He pitched for Wake Forest deep into the college season. Excuse me that the baseball draft is now later than it used to be. So they drafted him and said, you're not gonna pitch in games this year. You're gonna go down to Arizona. You're gonna hone your craft, You're gonna sort of learn the ropes of being a pro. But there is a genuine, I think a genuine hope and maybe even expectation that he pitches in Cincinnati this year. I don't think he's going to be in the opening day rotation. I do think there's a very good chance that you see him in Cincinnati this year and see him pitching games that really matter. I think he's interesting. You're gonna hear the name Cam Collier. Camp Collier is a guy who has been in the organization for a while but still is just a kid. I don't think he's twenty one years old yet. He's a guy that they can work in in either a corner infield spot. He's a guy with a lot of power. Played in the Futures Game last year. I think was Futures Game MVP. If I'm not mistaken. He's a guy that's going to be in Cincinnati and could be in Cincinnati reasonably soon. I think the most interesting guy in camp is a guy who has a real uphill battle, and understandably so. And that's noelve Marte, who a year ago got suspended for the first eighty games.
Speaker 1: Right then when he joined the team, he was awful.
Speaker 16: You go back to the end of the twenty twenty three season, though he got called up and the Reds were playing meaningful games, I remember, dude looked like he had a clue at the plate, looked like you knew had a hit. I'm kind of curious, can he use this spring to put himself at least back in the franchise as good graces and crack the roster and make us start to talk about him again in the same way as we were talking about him in twenty twenty three Because he fell flat on his face last year. I don't know that that's going to happen during spring training, but I'm kind of curious as to whether or not he could just work himself back into the mix, because by his own doing, he feels like kind of the odd man out.
Speaker 1: I know, he's been been playing shortstop the last couple of years. He's been a wonder can in so many ways, and you know, what the hell did you just do in other ways. Is there any chance that they will experiment with the La de la Cruz in center field, in the outfield instead of on the infield.
Speaker 16: I certainly believe there are people in the organization who would like to see that. It doesn't feel like Terry Francone is one of them, Okay, So I think the prevailing sentiment is we have invested a lot in this guy being a shortstop. We still feel like he can be a very good shortstop, and god knows, you see the glimpses, right, but I would kind of like to see what he would look like going from gap to gap in the outfield, because of his speed, his throwing arm.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be And let's.
Speaker 16: Face it, it's not like the Reds are set in center field, and it's not like they haven't moved players before. There's a part of me that goes, okay, what they're trying to do with him offensively? They think he can be an elite offensive player, and so do you throw a wrench in that by having him suddenly change positions. He's not played center field, at least at the professional level, so it's not like you're taking a guy who used to be a center fielder and moved a shortstop and you're gonna move him back, you'd kind of have to teach him the finer points of the position. And I think the Reds, you themselves this year, is having a chance to compete, and so, you know, do you really want to take a guy and teach him on the fly? I think that's something you do a little bit more when you're experimenting. I don't think the Reds view this season is one where they want to experiment that much. But there were two times last year where he made a play at short stop where he went down the left field line from his position and caught the ball, and both times you went, no, nobody can do that, and so what does that look like if he's doing that in the outfield right? And look, they one long time ago, a decade ago, took Billy Hamilton, who was a shortstop who made a ton of errors, which Elie de la Cruz did last year, moved into center field and Billy Hamilton became a Gold Glove caliber centerfielder.
Speaker 1: So there is precedent.
Speaker 16: But that was one of the things I was wondering about when Terry Francona got the job and he kind of made it note almost instantly.
Speaker 1: Ellie's going to be the shortstop.
Speaker 16: But he led the league of errors last year, and he can do the spectacular, but if you can't do the routine, then it doesn't matter. And I think it's going to be interesting to see if something similar repeats itself this year. A year from now, are we talking about maybe moving him to third base? He's played some third base or even centerfield. Well, he's certainly long enough and has the arm. He looks like a centerfielder.
Speaker 1: He does. He really did.
Speaker 16: If you didn't know, but you knew that was a ballplayer and he walked into the room, you would go centerfield, centerfielder, you know. I mean he's tall. Shortstops historically are and they also have a lot of shortstops. They have a kid in the system, Edwin Arroyo, who they are really high on, and people who cover the sport are really high and he is a shortstop, so no relation to Bronson, but they are a shortstop rich organization, and so you just you wonder if still, at some point down the road, if Ellie ends up moving. But I think his play this year is going to have a lot more to do with what they do there than anything else.
Speaker 1: Not to dance on the former manager's grave because he's not dead. But Jonathan India made some comments about the end of last season and David Bell and the young players taking advantage of maybe his easy going manner, and this is a stark not only with the track record of Francona, who's obviously just it's awesome, Hall of Famer, Hall of Famer, right one World Series and stuff, But what's the what's the major personality difference between a David Bell and a Terry Francona.
Speaker 16: It feels to me, and Terry Francona has talked about this, that it's going to be a willingness to hold players a little bit more accountable. I thought David Bell for the most part, and I know there are going to be folks who hear this who.
Speaker 1: Disagree.
Speaker 16: I think for the most part he did a pretty decent job because I thought the team. I don't think the team ever really underachieved that they were awful in twenty two, but they were going to be awful no matter who the manager was. I think most years they either were slightly better than we would have thought a two years ago or for the most part, they were what we thought they were, and so I thought David Bell did okay. And I think I have to credit him for keeping the team afloat two years ago when they didn't have very good starting pitching at all, and he's having to go to the bullpen in the third or fourth inning and work with a lot of younger players on the fly. I think David Bell deserved and for the most part, got a lot of credit for his work there. And I think also you have to acknowledge if you're going to compare, you know, David Bell to Terry Francona, you can compare any manager to Terry Francona.
Speaker 1: Terry's the better, more accomplished guy. It just is.
Speaker 16: But I think if you watched the Reds last season, I'm just talking about from a person out I think if you watch the Reds last season, you got to a point where you often wondered, God, are these guys taking advantage him a little bit? Are they when they make mistakes? Is David correcting them? Is he holding them accountable? You know, we talk about Ellie de la Cruz, and there were a couple of times last year I remember listening to Lance after a game where Ellie I think, got picked off the first base and made a boneheaded play in the field, and Lance was making the case like, this is probably an instance where you sit him, This is probably an instance you don't have to make a show of it.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be you know.
Speaker 16: But and he was in the line at the next day, and I remember kind of thinking, like, boy, that's an opportunity to kind of show that you're going to hold these guys accountable. I think that was lacking last year, And listening to Terry Francon of this offseason, he has expressed a willingness to do that when when it comes time to, you know, hold one of these guys accountable for something they do on or off the field, He's going to do it. And I think he's got the gravitas to be able to do it. And maybe David Bell either didn't have the personality to do it, or perhaps felt like he didn't have the backing of the organization. Whatever it was, it felt last year a little bit like I hate to say the inmates are running the asylum, but it kind of felt like things were unraveling a little bit in a way that would suggest that maybe it's a time for new leadership.
Speaker 1: All the Reds have done well in the historic past with the manager named Captain Hooks. So the reference, the old Dennis Green reference. They were who he thought they were. Yeah, yeah, and we let him off the hook. Yeah. But you know it's the reason I'm optimistic is I think a team with talent. You know, when when a team doesn't have players, I don't care who the manager is, players, they might not have enough of them, they might not have enough proven players. But if I'm combining talent with a list leadership, I think that's a winning formula. So I am bullish on the season. We have a wonderful time in Arizona. I'll do my best. Thank you, sir. It's Moe Egger there on the Saturday morning edition. Mike Allen. Well, Dan, I guess you were Mike Allen today Saturday mid Day.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 30: They they cut promos from Mike Allen, but I never get one cut for.
Speaker 1: Myself, you know what, And I'm not I gotta but I do have promos that promote Gary Jeff wat I know you well, you're kind of a big shot. On Saturday Morning and my nightcap promos. I know, you know, I just bump around here. No one knows what I'm on. Now this is important. You really should have a Dan Carroll promo. You deserve it. You fill in for everybody, and you ought to have your own promo. They ought to dedicate some of the great vast resources that iHeart media has. Who do I talk to about that?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean who's your immediate supervisor?
Speaker 11: Dan?
Speaker 1: No, probably Rhino, Scott Reinhardt. There you got a program director. Maybe Tony Bender could lend a hand. Perhaps Dave Armbruster does his scheduling. Maybe I'll be a little bit later on today. He's a good year zona, right, And when you get back from spring training, can you please have them cut a Dan Carroll promo. I feel a little left out. Willie has one, Sloan has one, Mike McConnell has one. Lance McAllister has one. Eddie and Rocky of course, multitudes the big shit. Even Gary Jeff has a promo. I know, but I'm you know, I'm just I'm just here. I'm just glad to be here. I'm just a bu from Cato who smoallhouse rock I'm glad to be here. Revisited. So what I'm glad to be here early in the morning with you. Well, it's great to see you. I never get a chance. I talk to you on the phone every once in a while. No, So well, one thing I'm going to do is a little week in review. And I mean, what a week it was. I mean, it's on.
Speaker 30: I mean, have Gary, Jeff, have you ever seen the news cycle move as fast as it has moved in the last two months. There's no lack of its something to talk about. It is unbelievable. So a little week in review and then, uh, I've got a guy on who wrote a book and his job when he was in the in the military was to interview terrorists. And so this guy the books called If It Takes a Thousand Years, and it's Inside the Mind of a Terrorist. And this is a guy who has spent more time with terrorists than anyone I've ever heard of before. And so we're going to talk to him about what he has learned from these individuals and spent that much time.
Speaker 1: It was very interesting.
Speaker 30: And then of course Greg Hord we learned last night passed away seventy three years old. George Vogel and Ron Milnoor Rufus is going to join me in the eleven o'clock out. We'll talk about Greg and we will talk about the life and times of the.
Speaker 1: Great Greg Hord. Fantastic. So that's that's how it's going to roll out today. That Greg once or twice and listen, you know saw I'm on TV and stuff and like to Well.
Speaker 30: You had him on the air the night that Pete Rose tie, Yes, I did, and I think that was the last time his voice was heard on this radio stage.
Speaker 1: Well, sad for us, sad for us, but he's gone to glory. He has gone to glory. There's no doubt about it. All right, fantastic. Dan Carroll in for Mike Allen coming up next after the show, show at Huddles and don't forget in two weeks it's the twenty eighth anniversary of the Saturday Morning Edition party Saturday March fifteenth. That's it. I mean, let me know, thirty years You've got it, all right.
Speaker 31: Adopt Us Kids Presents what to expect when you're expecting a teenager learning the lingo.
Speaker 36: Today, I'm going to help parents translate teen slang. Now when a teen says something is on fleek. It's exactly like saying that's rad. It simply means that something is awesome or cool. Another one is toats. It's exactly like saying totally, just shorter, as in I totes love going to the mall with Becca.
Speaker 1: Another word you might hear is jelly.
Speaker 36: Jelly is a shorter, better way to say jealous, as in Chloe, I am like so jelly of your unicorn phone case.
Speaker 31: You don't have to speak teen to be a perfect parent. Thousands of teens in foster care will think you're rad just the same. To learn more, visit adopt us Kids dot org, a public service announcement brought to you by the US Department of Health and Human Services, adopt Us Kids, and the ad Council.
Speaker 1: This is Ben Bullen from stuff they don't want you to know. Future Health connects you with licensed doctors who specialize in GLP one treatments, along with support from a trusted network of over six thousand providers and pharmacies nationwide. Just go to try FH dot com.
Speaker 29: That's try FH dot com and find out if weight loss meds are ripe for you in just three minutes.
Speaker 6: Try FH dot com.
Speaker 1: Future Health is not a healthcare services provider. Meds are prescribed at provider's discretion. Results may vary. Sponsored by Future Health.
Speaker 21: If you celebrate Lin, you need to visit