Speaker 1: Oh Venture Adventure in free mystery romance starring Humphrey Voguard and Lauren Bacall together in the sultry setting of tactical Havannah and the mysterious islands of the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Oh Venture.
Speaker 1: Once again the magic names of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall bring you Low. Adventure had a tale of mystery Adventure and in freed all right, Sailor Havana, Cuba, where we started from. Well we get off out.
Speaker 2: How long can you keep it up? Slake? Come on, come on off the boat, I said, how long can you keep it up? You've been so ever since we left Chi West. So we didn't meet him, So he didn't pick up his targo. Sailor.
Speaker 1: A guy named Scan sends us a wire. He says, meet him in Key West, move his cargo.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go. You wanted to go, all right, send mister Scan and whatever he wanted us to bring to Havana weren't there. So we had a boat ride the Key Western back You and me. That's nothing. Huh, Come on, sailor, let's get off the boat. I don't need any help. What are you angry? About the money we didn't make.
Speaker 1: No, it was time away from Havana, but I didn't have to be away from her.
Speaker 2: You talk about Havanah like it was a warming do I? How do you talk about me? Behind my back? Walk ahead of me and I'll think of something. There's your Havannah? A cock fight? Come on, let's take a look sailor, how's your blood much today?
Speaker 3: No, let's get out of here.
Speaker 1: And bitter at sailor two birds with steel spurs slashing each other the pieces.
Speaker 2: Let's pause and cheer.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's watch for a while. People get to enjoy this sort of thing. I find out why.
Speaker 2: I don't want to find out why. I'll see you back at Channing's place. All right, Okay, let's go. You got a bang out of watching this? Well, that gives me a chance to get bitter, makes me an honest man.
Speaker 3: Huh the cock fight disposed?
Speaker 2: You? Huh? See your tastes are too delicate? Or perhaps what's the place? A new way to catch the Yankee dollar? Or perhaps the young kid merchandise. If lady asks you what this is to me, go, who are you? Permit me to tell you the story of my life? I am a poet. I guess that's worth the dollar. Give me a dollar's sake, We patrons of the art, permit me to refuse the money. Formit me to return to the matter of the Yankee merchandise you have brought from key waste. This is a man with a problem. Say you are the people from the boat the Bowl's venture. We are the people from the boat the bold venture nor rhymes nice gone say then it is a simple matter. Seece you are the people from the boat. It is simple. We will make arrangements for the removal of the merchandise. Look, shall I the Mario my name? Permit me? That is my name? Amariyal?
Speaker 1: Sure I forgot My memory is a little shaky, mine too, Hurst too. So we're having a tough time remembering what this is all about.
Speaker 2: Slower reading, huh.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to be clever me, am ego, or perhaps your pleasure in tweaking my patience? The merchandise? Permit me, But the merchandise, it is a matter of life and death. When shall we remove it from your.
Speaker 2: The poet only knows one time is right? Yeah? Waiting goodbye? A fun farewell now, But it is a.
Speaker 3: Matter you cannot be merchandise. If it can mean life, it can mean death.
Speaker 2: You can a refuse about the merchandise die.
Speaker 3: If you want to be happy and leader. King's life never makes a pretty woman your life. Therefore, from a logical on a few, marry a woman uglier than you. A pretty woman make a husband looks fall and then he is very often falls the alcohol. Therefore, from a logical on a few merrier woman uglier than you, Oh, lady sailor, mister slave, why do you come back so soon to King Moses? Because you love me?
Speaker 2: Why else? King Moses? I tell why else?
Speaker 3: Because on tripty key West something sour must have turned mo soa am I inevitably correct?
Speaker 2: You are inevitably correct, King Morses.
Speaker 3: You come back to make King Moses sloppy with happiness. Mister slake, therefore, aught of me about bringing something to eat?
Speaker 2: King? Oh?
Speaker 3: An ecstasy, a joy, a frenzy, a kick.
Speaker 2: Just bring us something to eat right now, mister slave, You really do love him, don't you? Slave? Uh huh, I give its my own. How long does it take for someone to be around? Ah?
Speaker 1: That depends Ready with the food, King, Ready yours, mister slave, yours, Lady, Sailor, you talk, I smile inside myself.
Speaker 3: I get my guitar.
Speaker 2: I got song for you, said king.
Speaker 3: A lady I approach, who waits for slave? A lady so handsome no one can a A lady who in the hotel did read your star? A lady who brings jr. Maybe desper.
Speaker 4: You don't even, but I think perhaps you were looking for me for BB nur Sena.
Speaker 1: I don't know you, but I I think perhaps I was looking for you for a BBO light. I want to explain something to you about the hotel business, Sailor. I am what is known as a mine host that comes in two parts mine and host.
Speaker 2: Sit down, baby, Bill.
Speaker 4: You have not answered my question.
Speaker 2: Soron he'll look for me.
Speaker 1: I look for a lot of things, why particularly for you, because.
Speaker 4: You are the man who brought his board in supports on a little while ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, a lady wants a boat bride. Why don't you try the nearest tunnel of love, miss BB. This is included in the price room of people the merchandise. No biby, I'll throw that in for free.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you said merchandise, BB is Now what you said.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe the gentleman POWs your question? Will you answer the gentleman's question?
Speaker 4: Do you know very well what it is we want?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure? But uh let's hear it from her own red lips.
Speaker 4: Huh Now I understand it's a matter of more money.
Speaker 2: Huh. Well, we expected it and we'll decise you for it, but we will pay it.
Speaker 4: I have room six as I will wait for you there. I'll give you ten minutes to a range for more money. When I pay your price, there will be no more delay.
Speaker 2: Is is? It's final? It is final? Now, let's see uh six A she said, And that's what she said, slave, that's just what she said.
Speaker 1: You know, say, well, I think I can handle it alone. Why don't you wait for me downstairs?
Speaker 2: Huh? Because I'm afraid of the dog I cry, And that's what I thought. Now, you know, Slate, that noise, it's already happened to us once today.
Speaker 1: A little lady is a bookie for gamecock fighting.
Speaker 2: And let's go slate. Look look the faith her body. Yeah, slash, he riddens slashed to death by a gamecock late? Oh late? Now, how do you like Havana sailor mister sleep?
Speaker 3: Mister sleep.
Speaker 2: Mister slade is wearing out his office floor. King Moses tell me, I'll tell him.
Speaker 3: The police have made up fively well to the front door, Lady Sailor, they're five.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Thanks. I'll tell mister slave.
Speaker 3: You want anything I can do for the after the police occasion, Lady Sailor, you, mister slave.
Speaker 2: No, I'll call if we want anything.
Speaker 3: Might get down knee and hammels outside. You opened the women and whistle for King Moses.
Speaker 2: If you want slate, slate, what are you trying to build? Alright? I don't blame you, slater. I know it's it's hard to believe.
Speaker 1: What's hard to believe? Beautiful woman killed by a fighting bird, A bird would.
Speaker 2: Steel spurs on it. Slave at my hotel.
Speaker 1: Girl locked in a in a room in my hotel with a bird bred just slashed for blood. I don't like cops in my place. Cops are for the tourist trade, not not all.
Speaker 3: That bothers you.
Speaker 2: The fact that the police were here wasn't it to you? What bothers me? I didn't ask you questions, I didn't ask for you. All right, slay all right? Kind of a jerk?
Speaker 1: Am I anyhow Man tells me to take care of it, so I take care of his daughter.
Speaker 2: You what am I out of my mind? I don't need you hanging around.
Speaker 1: Here, Sailor. I don't need anything about you. I got along great before.
Speaker 2: Before my father died. What do you want me to do? Slate? Leave well, sit down, Slate. You're sweating. Hm, it's a trick. I know it's hot, so I sweat. You want me to sign you, I'll sign you. Might you like me to sign you? Slate like this? Nuh? Look at you.
Speaker 1: The way you're dressed, jeans, the way your hair is. Man has to walk towards you.
Speaker 2: I know you're a woman. I should do something about your hair, sailor. What's the matter with it? Other woman's hair like that? They don't there like what like this? You can touch it, Slate, touch it that I had touch it. Answer the door, you'll answer it. Yeah, there a neatness. Ay, it's a poet tell times to come in. He can wave the sign.
Speaker 1: An explanation for the events of this afternoon out in order. See if we don't make a chest this time? Now, I, oh, what are you trying to tell us? That tragedy the King of the Girl of b B was a tragedy. Now I don't what do you know about baby Digney was the sister of my wife. She and it's what time is?
Speaker 2: Hey? Look if you don't, it's almost two thirty now yeah, yeses now puttmit me. He's very wrong that BB's dead. They're wrong that he's part of an even great rong. So help me. What's kind of wrong? Like so the merchandise you have broke those of us on an island, you know he didn't. He gotta be in those of us who wait for the guns. Guns. So that's it. That's the merchandise guns. H see, well has he's a better way to purchase human dignity? Bucom it? We need those guns, and you think we have the guns for your evolution? Of course? Like, so you can meet the boat to permit me. I will answer it a complatriot. I am expecting he's to meet me here.
Speaker 3: All right, Mary might help him? He shot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, shot dead. Like so.
Speaker 1: Now back to the Bold Venture our stars Humphrey Bogarde and Lauren McCall and the second act of our story.
Speaker 3: A lady she come to Samon's place, a directed figure and clothes of lace.
Speaker 2: Then the lady she died in.
Speaker 3: Samon's pace again cock Witsburg.
Speaker 2: He slash her pa a poet.
Speaker 3: He came to miss the slave, make big apologies for bear. He explains his bones to mister Sleeve, but bullied in heart bring him fort to sly, mister Slade. He turned to lady Sailah.
Speaker 2: He says, you know, King.
Speaker 3: Do I call the police again, mister Slade?
Speaker 1: No, Two people die in my place. That makes it personal. I like that poet.
Speaker 2: You're not always a real tough man, are you, Slay? I said, I like that poet and that girl Bebie and that girl Bebi? What about it? Did you like her too? And she had a problem. She came to me for help. She died. My father said, you'd be a man like that.
Speaker 1: Why don't you get out of here? Saylorh Why don't you go back to the States. Look at the mess. I'm in it, you're in it.
Speaker 2: Why don't you leave? Saylor? You don't know? Do you? Missus? Slee? Yeah? What do you want? King? See all the dead gentleman's papers from his pocket? Oh, let's have a look. Mario Tallana sixty four, Aven out of love cut we're going calling huh, say h a man like Mario die.
Speaker 1: If somebody's got to tell somebody because somebody might wanna.
Speaker 2: Know, I would, I'd wanna know. Let's go to Avenue to love a sailor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is it you want, Senior Senorita?
Speaker 2: Oh we uh, we come to it.
Speaker 5: About Bieby, my sister Biby. If you have come to tell me of her death, it has already been revealed to me.
Speaker 2: Just a minute, Senor, I am called Celestine. Will it not be easier for you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Easier is your baby sister than the poet Mario Mario. He's my husband, yes, a poet and a husband.
Speaker 3: I'm fortunate, am I not? You are friends of Mario's?
Speaker 2: Yes, friends, Sailor. I can't do it. You tell her? Thanks lords h Senior Selvestale of your husband?
Speaker 5: What he is it?
Speaker 2: Of my husband? What is it? He's dead? Okay? Okay, Saila?
Speaker 1: How long can you take to tell a woman her husband's dead?
Speaker 2: He said it was going to the water sun to write me a verse to first?
Speaker 3: Who are you? Are you of the police?
Speaker 2: Well married Mario's friends? You wanna find his murderer? It will not bring him back. Mario was telling you something before he died, about a revolution about guns.
Speaker 5: Mario was to me a man who loved me, who wrote little verses.
Speaker 3: For me of the saw the Mario that you speak. I know nothing.
Speaker 5: Who what Senorretti en Eparada maybe Senorretti? And he spoke often with Mario late into the.
Speaker 2: Night while I slept. I would bring them food and then leave them to talk among men. All we signed, senor Atiennes here's.
Speaker 5: A villa seventeen aveny the quest us.
Speaker 3: I think there is nothing more.
Speaker 2: For us to say to each other. Adio's friends of Marios.
Speaker 3: Come right in, Senor Senorita.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I am my chien.
Speaker 3: No, Senor, I am your brother. Where's that chien in the other proum with the rest of the guests. There is a concert this way in here.
Speaker 2: I will leave you Abil. There is some concept that girl when she danced and said, it's one letter. Yeah, we are alex am I being rude? Yes, yes you are.
Speaker 3: Can't you say that?
Speaker 2: Girls trying to express herself? I am your host. My name is that Jenny? This way? Please? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure? Tell Ustine a call. She told me to expect you.
Speaker 3: Did he tell you about her husband?
Speaker 2: About Mario? Yes? Yes, did you to kill him? Now's your record at jan not flawless in hip hop? About this room, pebbe, Hey what is this? Who is this guy? These are the ones Peppy, the man and woman we have been waiting for. Now, Senor, you will tell us why have you come to a Kenny?
Speaker 1: Because I don't like my hotel to be loused up with dead bodies. First, the girl was killed in a poet But you know why?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I would know. Why Who are you at gen? Why should you know so much? He does not embarrass me to say that I am a patriar. You see, BB and Mario were revolutionary. They were killed by our enemies. They were killed to prevent them from taking guns across the Caribbean to our islands, the guns they thought were on your boat. We shall proceed without BB and Mario. The man is talking like he's got the guns anyhow, Slate, see we have them. They came on another boat, not yours. Well, here's the now, good health, let's go to say right eh? Why sane? I knew it? Speak over your shoulder, slight.
Speaker 1: Just question what's the caliber? The gun happy has in his hand at thirty two or thirty eight.
Speaker 2: What's like a thirty two is a thirty eight? You will help uster, hope, you're the what we have the guns. You have a boat. It's necessary to have both to get the guns to my island. Besides, I prefer not to have your roam in the streets at Guana until we have disposed. But the weapon who wants to roam the streets me daddy. The Senor moves quickly. There is a great knee to hurry.
Speaker 1: You admire the view, Senorah, this clip that screams down into the sea.
Speaker 2: Or perhaps Senyor is afraid of such heights, but the view is magnificent. The guns are nice too. You have exquisite, this Senyor, in guns, in boats and in me e precise listener, See you are wrong. You can be slay. The man said that you ad what do we play now? Oh?
Speaker 1: No place, And I assure you hard work. Peppy is below and your boat waiting for the guns. You will see that he gets in. Then you will take us to our destination on your exquisite boat. You mean I locked them all the way and this class down to the boat not.
Speaker 2: Quite so hard, and you're you see, we are prepared the cargo net Winch. You place the guns in the net, then load, then to Peppy quit simple like pie. It'll be like pie. Wanted slave, I'll help Noura. No, no, you will simply spend there, because you will inspire the senor to magnifue an effort. You may begin, sen what happens when through here? You will be killed? Ask you so that question. But it's so easy for you. You have but to die me. I have to commit a murder. My heart pleads for you. Thank you. I did not send your for one, Lord, Lord the wench One. We're glad you're happy CELASKI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're glad. Thanks for saving our lives. It was messy, but thanks.
Speaker 3: My heart is seeded with kindness for your bull.
Speaker 1: We'll drink to your heart filled with kindness in Havana. Heady boy, to take that gun away and we'll go.
Speaker 2: You are so kind to come and tell me of my husband's death.
Speaker 3: I want to do something.
Speaker 2: Gracious for you in Shannon's place. Do something gracious for us in Shannon's place.
Speaker 5: I will not permit one to kill you.
Speaker 4: You will die as suicide.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have it any other way. Tell us about killing people, cel Estie, So you're.
Speaker 2: Born that way? Or didn't come on you all of a sudden tried.
Speaker 3: To make a revolution.
Speaker 2: You were foolish enough to stumbled into it. It is a pity you stumbled into the wrong side. You're and one. Here are the right ones. You are all.
Speaker 5: Alike through its revolutionary is adventurous all over the intellect of trained fleet BB Mario.
Speaker 2: At the end e Peppy, Oh yes, Steppe is dead. Also one took care of it. Phoebe was your sister. There were fools. They are happier dead now to the edge of the cliff walk. Yeah happy, I'll say, well, you're real happy what you came to with, honey, you.
Speaker 1: Got what you came for.
Speaker 2: Huh. Excite romance the Tropic Moon people killed? You can't crazy? What are you talking about? What you wanted?
Speaker 1: Isn't its sarily, That's why you came to me, because it was empty for a girl like you back there from wherever you came from, real empty. Why why you don't slap me, sailor I'll break in two.
Speaker 4: No one, no, do not put your hands on in keep them a low.
Speaker 3: Don't keep the gun in his bat They were kill each other.
Speaker 2: Watch it, you watch it. He's got a gun in your back, have a gun in my back? Say for one the gun? Got it, sailor?
Speaker 3: Pick it up?
Speaker 2: Now, you Celastinea, don't struggle.
Speaker 1: To lastine, relax, enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm a tender guy. I'm taking you back to Havannah.
Speaker 4: Take your hands off me.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I'm holding you a real tight till Havannah police take you away from the hold of that type. She's not going to be in any condition for the police. What about one, got a gun in your hand, I'm sailor. Oh sure, sorry, I forgot some of them. Get with it, Sailor.
Speaker 1: Keep that gun pointed to wind and we get back to Havanna. Then what then, Shannon's place? Better back there?
Speaker 2: I want you with me. How do you like it? Slave? Like? Why dancing with me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: It's all right. I'm wearing a dress. Now, Yeah, I noticed my hair? You like it this way? Do you like my hair this way? Slay, Let's get out of here. I like it here, come on, let's go go ahead. I'll find somebody who likes it. There, I said, come on, Why well, there's a breeze outside. What's a breeze got to do it? I want to see what it does to your hair.
Speaker 1: And so our two stars, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall have brought to a close our latest bold venture story. Special music was composed and conducted by David Rose. May we invite you to listen again next week at this time or another exciting adventure starring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall together in Old Venture