Speaker 1: Yea ripped up?
Speaker 2: What news?
Speaker 1: You need advice so you don't have come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Whether you're listening delayed by a podcast as thousands of you do, or you're streaming, or you're on our radio stations, especially our flagship k h OW, welcome to the show, and welcome to our friends in the springs on krt O and then those around the country. We appreciate you being here, and what we asked is that you give us a call if you have a problem question complain at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: I will say this, I absolutely positively do not see the overwhelming reaction I thought I would by the results of the elections. However, the markets responded positively. That's important to know, and what I mean by that is, yeah, we have some cry babies and people predicting.
Speaker 5: Doom and gloom, but not what I thought there would be.
Speaker 4: I thought there might have even been rioting in the streets. Believe it or not, I really thought that, but no, that's not happening. You see in if you're streaming in my wife should I got some guests in the studio. I'll be introducing excel roofing in a minute, which is important this time of year especially they do repairs by the way, and I want to talk about your problems, questions and complaints. I got a letter today. This is interesting. I'm Mohika Moore, a member of the Ukraine Army based in Ukraine.
Speaker 5: I'm contacting you.
Speaker 4: Based on a referral and on your Internet presence. I am writing because I want to partnership relationship with you and I can honestly trust you to handle this for me. You see, just a few days ago, I discovered some funds in a package containing American dollars.
Speaker 5: In one of the bases in the Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Possibly they are trying to hide the money because of the impending doom we suspect will happen under President Trump. We suspect he will withhold funding anyway. The package has been deposited in a financial warehouse in the Ukraine.
Speaker 5: I want you to receive these funds for me.
Speaker 4: I want you to invest in your country now on your advice. I will trust you to invest it since I know you have Wave eight Wealth management.
Speaker 5: Now listen.
Speaker 4: First of all, they reacted to the election. They got my name and they know about my financial advisement. They say, please, I want this to be between me and you and your company, as I'm still in the army to prove my sincerity. We should be honest with ourselves and be trustworthy.
Speaker 5: It works both ways.
Speaker 4: In life because I don't want to lose my funds, but I trust you to invest them wisely. I assure you it's one hundred percent legal and risk free. Of course, she found money in an envelope. I think Mohek is a woman. I say she okay, this should be confidential between both of us. I look forward to your prompt reply to enable us to move forward. So I wrote, I can help. What do I need to do? Will I make money too? She wrote back to me. Just got another response. This is amazing. Thank you for your email. I would like to propose a meeting in London with you.
Speaker 5: Now this is weird. Me go to London.
Speaker 4: I live in the Ukraine. I can take time out and meet you in London. This will make you understand the intensity of this project. Now, normally they want you to wire or give you information for banking for transfer. The weird part about this one? Does anyone? Isn't this weird? They want me to be in London. I'm going to continue this, but I'm going to take Sherry first. All right, Sherry? What's going on? Welcome?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, I just want to say I am happy about the election very much.
Speaker 5: Well, ok, thank you for weighing in on that. What's going on with you? Sherry?
Speaker 3: I am in a real mind. People know my name.
Speaker 6: I'm professional, but in the last two years I've slowly fallen from grace and right.
Speaker 5: Now professional professional? In what category? Sherry? Legal and the legal? Are you an attorney or a pairalegal?
Speaker 7: Or what?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Process server and a PI?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Sherry, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: I have been evicted from my son's how.
Speaker 8: Two years ago after six years That's where I had my business from there, I pulled the plug.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, wait, why were you evicted? Did you have a falling out with your son? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah I did?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: Now I haven't been able to keep my business growing and live?
Speaker 5: So you don't have any more clients.
Speaker 6: I did, but then my car was starting to show problems, and then at the end it just fell apart.
Speaker 4: In it was Sherry, were you living in your car or did you have an apartment? No?
Speaker 8: I was living in my car because I couldn't get an apartment.
Speaker 5: Oh, Sherry, how old you? Sherry?
Speaker 6: A young seventy three?
Speaker 4: A young seventy I'm glad you said that. By the way, listen seriously, Now, Sherry had seventy three living in your car and your car broke down.
Speaker 5: My god, Let me ask you something.
Speaker 4: Through your entire life, did you do any planning for your older age? And I don't mean to chastise you, but I want people listening to know these stories I get on the air, they're not fictitious, they're real people. Sherry, how did you get in this position where you have zero savings?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: What I was doing was bringing in some of the money, but it was erratic and it was no way I could plan from.
Speaker 5: Were you ever married or had a partner of any kind?
Speaker 6: No partner after I left my husband in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you left your husband forty some odd years ago and you're on your own and you are living with your son. Why did he evict you?
Speaker 6: Well, because he I don't know what happened is that it's changed. And I pointed out to him that he was really disrespectful, and damn that was it. He winded me out.
Speaker 4: Sherry, you're in a bad way right now. Are you getting Social Security?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 6: But it's not nearly enough because how much.
Speaker 5: Do you get a month?
Speaker 3: Nine hundred?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: And right now? So you are on Social Security? And your car? Is your car running?
Speaker 3: No? They took it from me three months ago?
Speaker 5: Who's they?
Speaker 6: I was repossessed because I ran out of money.
Speaker 5: So now where are you living?
Speaker 3: Well? In the elements?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Seriously, Sherry? Are you on the street right now?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am, come on.
Speaker 5: A seventy three year old woman on the streets.
Speaker 6: Yes, because I just can't get no.
Speaker 5: I mean last night, literally, where did you sleep?
Speaker 6: I rented a U haul and took all my money, so I'm sitting in it now, which I should have relinquished it yesterday.
Speaker 5: How much money did you have?
Speaker 6: I had because I didn't pay my storages. I had probably three hundred dollars. Now I had to stay extended to stay for one night, and then I got this new hall and now I'm broke, totally broke.
Speaker 4: My god, Sherry, I mean, you waited till the last minute to call us.
Speaker 5: You are totally broke, busted, not a dime.
Speaker 4: You can't eat, you have nowhere to stay, You're in a U haul that you have to return, and you will be literally walking on the snowy streets of Denver right now.
Speaker 6: To keep in mind that I have been fearshing for jobs, and I think it's my age or that I'm.
Speaker 4: Not you know, well, it's hard to give someone a job who doesn't you're right, well, seventy three that is pretty old. I mean, but I mean you could still work. But also I think they're more afraid that they can't rely on you. Maybe I don't know, I don't know anything about you. What kind of work can you do? What kind of work can you do?
Speaker 6: G I am a proofreader and editor. I'm a certified English teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a proofreader, editor and English Right now, my proofreader and editor cost me nineteen bucks a month.
Speaker 5: It's called it's.
Speaker 4: Called chat GPT okay, And if I put a female voice to it, I can even call her Mary, but I have a male voice. Now, I'm not joking, Sherry, you're being a set of the job market. You need to do something. You're in desperate. Are there any shelters you can get to.
Speaker 6: I'm in Littleton, everything else is in Denver. No. Now, I want you to know that I have been researching, and then I tried to do house sitting. Suiting me and Rob tell you if scammers are out in force, and so the last one really blew me apart. And that was two days ago.
Speaker 5: And you mean a job offer, yeah, to house it.
Speaker 6: And then the way we communicated it sounded.
Speaker 4: Like she's no, it's a joke. A lot of these are ripoffs for people. Listen, Sherry, Honest to god, Cherry, I don't know what to do. You're seventy three and you have zero. You have nothing, right now?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, house management is what I'm good at. So I mean, if I had somebody who would hire me as a house manager.
Speaker 5: That would be what does that mean? Hold on?
Speaker 4: Hold on, I We'll figure this out or something. I mean, you need some shelter or something?
Speaker 5: This, yeah, hold on, hold on, three oh three, seven to one three talk seven one, three, eight, two five five.
Speaker 4: This is kind of sad, people, This is really sad. I mean, this is happening. I mean, but you have to look at this. Okay, I understand, and I'm going to just say it like it is. Sherry is in this position because she put herself in that position.
Speaker 5: I am tired of people blaming people for blaming people, for blaming people.
Speaker 4: There are very few people who are truly truly victim of circumstances. Many people are victims of procrastination. Some people are victims of sloth. Some people are victims of scams. Yes, or they want to get rich quick, it's greed, but they're they're they're victims brought upon by their own behavior, not someone coming in and stealing your money and kicking you out. If you're one of these people who are not planning for your older age, I want to tell you something. I'm serious. Old age is not a rumor. It's going to shock you. I know that when you're on TikTok and when you're younger, old age is a myth.
Speaker 5: It's a rumor.
Speaker 4: It's not going to happen. You're not going to run out of money. You're going to live life. You're going to have a problem. And we have a number of people in this position. So yeah, Sherry is to blame. So now what do we do? Do we throw people out that did not plan? What do we do?
Speaker 5: Let's come up with some ideas.
Speaker 4: I also want to take other calls, but Sherry, hang in there for really, I got some ideas. I'm Tom Martine Waterpros dot net water Systems for the whole house. You'll never get a better deal than this year end special for softening and drinking water both for three thousand, one hundred and ninety five thousand. You have to understand something, people, These systems, even with water Pros, are more than five together and plumbers can't touch the functionality.
Speaker 5: For under twelve grand.
Speaker 4: You get them for thirty one ninety five year Endspecialwaterpros dot net three three eight, six y two five, five, five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk Hey Tom, Yes, sir.
Speaker 9: Every time I go shopping at Safely the King supers is we're hiring now sign. Has Sherry ever looked into that?
Speaker 5: That's a good question. I'm going to go back to Sherry in a minute. Mark uh Shamansky's back on from Genesis. He has a comment.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Mark, Hey, Tom, I heard the situation when Sherry before I hopped on the show, and uh, you know, I'd be happy to put her in extended stay for a couple of weeks. There's she says she's in Lakewood, and you know there's there's one right there on six and six and share No six and no not Wadsworth, but just west of there. I'd be happy to put her in that extend day for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 11: Man, is they're lodging over her?
Speaker 4: Oh you're a great person, Mark, that's great. Man, and you know what we can do here, here's what we can do. Erry, you're willing to work right now, right and bring a Marx on you know. Mark Schumansky from Genesis Total Exteriors has graciously offered to put you up for a couple of weeks and then maybe you can secure some work.
Speaker 6: Well that does make me cry. I thank you, But you understand I don't have a car and I don't have a place to to get ready, Well, my stuff is in storage that.
Speaker 5: No I know.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I know something I know. Look at we got to take it baby steps right now. Okay, I understand that because I don't know. You know, first of all, share you're in no position to have a car technically because you can't afford a car at this point. I can't you can't ensure it, you can't license it, you can't put gas in it, you can't do anything that's right.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was a slow downhill fall from Grace in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But but it's a trend.
Speaker 4: And when people notice a trend, they have to figure out what the hell's going on and why is this trend happening? And how do I stop it? Slow downhill? If the only difference between slow downhill and major downhill is time. But it still happens. You know, when you see things, when you see handwriting on the wall, you got to react to it.
Speaker 5: So right now you're in a really bad way, Sherry.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you something out of curiosity, and I'm very serious. Now, what did you expect we could say on this show that might.
Speaker 3: Help you, that maybe somebody was listening.
Speaker 5: Somebody listening, and what would they do?
Speaker 3: As I said, I.
Speaker 6: Am with a lot of expertise in certain areas, but not what they want to hol me for I could do a house management.
Speaker 4: So what can you explain exactly what that means in your mind?
Speaker 5: House management?
Speaker 4: I've never meant a house manager in my life, So tell me what that looks like.
Speaker 6: Well, they take upon the role executing goodies in the house. We're talking about probably a major, big house.
Speaker 5: And so are you talking about house cleaning?
Speaker 12: Are you talking Butler's tradition?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 5: Just wait, but I mean what exactly share you.
Speaker 6: Take care that repair people make?
Speaker 3: Um?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But what do you do?
Speaker 4: What do you do other than coordinate which a man and woman who owned the home can do. Are you talking about coordinating cleaners? And repairmen and and and being a house manager in that way, because there aren't many houses big enough to do that, and there aren't many people that have that. Now there are people that have four or five houses that have that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: But I'm asking you, is that what you're hoping to get?
Speaker 4: A cush job where you can live in luxury and basically direct services.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's wrong, that's not how I am. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 5: In a negative way. It's a cush job.
Speaker 4: If I could live in a luxurious mansion and call repair people and coordinate repairs and coordinate house cleaning and coordinate everything and take up and pay utilities, and I would be one of the house best house managers in the world.
Speaker 5: But is that what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Let's take a step back because I'm trying to explain so much in a little bit of time. Jo, I've had a cleaning service for twenty.
Speaker 8: Years set in Connecticut and ten out here.
Speaker 3: I mean, I did well.
Speaker 5: But Sherry, would you personally do the cleaning?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Chnry. You wanted to mention you, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Henry red I wanted to jump in on that. And there's a big industry around airbnbs. I know that we struggle with that. It's really hard to find people to manage your investment properties or rental properties.
Speaker 12: Is that something you've ever looked at before?
Speaker 5: She doesn't know anything about rental property.
Speaker 13: But you need someone just to take care of the general maintenance and take care of the cleaning staff and anything that breaks. And I mean that's it's hard to find people to do that.
Speaker 6: Well, then that's where I would sit in beautifully.
Speaker 4: But you need a place to live in order to do it. You can't just work for them. You have to live there, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Correct for it?
Speaker 6: So now on my background is marketing and interior design, so it's not like i'm alien it.
Speaker 5: It's the sort of thing I understand.
Speaker 4: But you're hoping to find someone listening right now that will take in a homeless woman and believe that she can manage their properties, and they have to give her a place to live and.
Speaker 5: An allowance of some kind. And then what.
Speaker 4: Happens about transportation? Did you want to be able to drive one of the household cars? I think you've been watching too many movies. No, I'm serious, and I don't mean to make fun of you share. I mean, I hope you do find it right now. I hope there's someone listening right now that will take a chance on you. But you know, I've done pretty well in my life, and I own more than one house, and I have to tell you I've never had a house manager, nor would I find.
Speaker 5: The value in one.
Speaker 4: That's my own personal opinion, but I'm not an Elon Musk.
Speaker 5: Maybe he would.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know where you find someone who needs a house manager. Now, as Henry said, what about property management in general?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean I can.
Speaker 4: Get you, well, I can't if you don't have transportation. You're absolutely right, Sherry, I don't know who would hire you at this point. Now, there is one possibility you could do. You could do uber or lyft to and from work. I'd bus, okay, bus for a while until you can save up some money. But I want to take all of your contact information, Sherry. I do not fault you for wanting help and wanting to work your seven Now think about this. In seven years, you're going to be eighty. What can you do in seven years to shore.
Speaker 14: Up your retirement?
Speaker 3: Grated?
Speaker 6: I'm free, degraded, I'm not trying to.
Speaker 4: Make you feel degraded. I'm trying you know what. I don't give a damn about your feelings.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Open your eyes to reality. My job isn't to make you feel good. Okay, I'd love to make you feel good. Okay, okay, So what snowflake, you feel bad? Don't feel bad. You put yourself in that position. No one put a thumb on your head, so let's just suck it up.
Speaker 5: Look in the mirror.
Speaker 4: You put yourself in this position.
Speaker 5: And I'm proud that you want to get out of it. I like you.
Speaker 4: I'm not putting you down because I don't like you. I'm not trying to elevate myself by making you feel bad.
Speaker 5: That's not my position. But I'm sick and.
Speaker 4: Tired of people not wanting to hear the truth because it hurts they're feeling things.
Speaker 1: Screw you.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking to you, share I'm talking about people.
Speaker 4: Look in the mirror, take responsibility and start lifting yourself up.
Speaker 5: How about that.
Speaker 4: I will help you to the extent you help yourself, but you can't deteriorate your entire life on a downward trend.
Speaker 5: And then say Oh my god, what am I going to do? And worse yet, blame other people?
Speaker 4: Now, Sherry, leave your contact information. Let's try to find you something productive. As I said, I appreciate that now you want to do something about your situation. And anyone else listening right now, if you're just starting on that downward trend, call me. Don't call when you're already down and you fell off the cliff.
Speaker 5: Prevent it. But what is honest to God?
Speaker 4: What is this prevailing attitude in America? Whether you're a fat slob or a drug addict or some crazy person that I have to pretend you're not and I have to make you feel good.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't bring up any faults or any deficiencies or or any place where you need improvement. My god, that may hurt your feelings. If you're looking for feelings, don't look here. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You can text me I'm my private Google number seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 5: You can also uh text.
Speaker 4: Me on the iHeart short code. Put my name in there somewhere and it'll come to me. Five seven seven three nine. Hey, here's the deal. So I got one text saying truth. Another one says sounds like Tom.
Speaker 5: Another one says you need to tell more people this.
Speaker 4: Another one said, but Tom, what about when you said people should have free school, free college. Now, let me explain something. There is a fine line between the controlling outcome an opportunity. I've said this before. Don't take this word the wrong way. I'm a socialist for opportunity. I believe opportunities should be out there for everyone, all kinds of opportunities. I do not believe people who do not seize the opportunity. People who do not produce should simply be given handouts unless there's something wrong with them or they're so old they need help.
Speaker 5: That's different.
Speaker 4: So I truly believe not to each according to their need, and from each according to what they have. I don't believe in that bs. However, I believe in an equal playing field and people should have opportunity right now in some areas. I don't know if it's totally equal. I don't know if it is, but that's a whole different topic. The point is this everyone, everyone should have opportunity, and I don't know if too many people denied opportunity. Now there are people who are, let's say, indoctrinated into thinking they don't have opportunity. And you can thank the Democratic Party for that, because they indoctrinate you if you're a black and minority to or a woman, to automatically think you don't have opportunity. Now, to some extent, a little of that's true, and it was way true earlier in life. Things are getting better. Ask Lebron James. You know, here's the point. I think we got to stop caring about hurting feelings. My God in heaven, who ever said everyone's got to feel good? You know, sometimes it's good not to feel good. Sometimes it's good to be depressed. Sometimes there's reason to be depressed, so you look inward and find the reason and then start making changes. Let's go to Cynthia, who has an issue with an HOA.
Speaker 5: Cynthia, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, I just got out of the hospital.
Speaker 15: I'm a senior citizen, I lived on a I live on Social Security myself. I'm not nearest that off as this other lady.
Speaker 5: But Cynthia, there are a lot of people who are hurting right now. So let me ask you something. Why were you in the hospital?
Speaker 3: Oh, I had hip replacement surgery.
Speaker 4: Uh huh okay, and uh did Medicare take care of that?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, Well I have some copays, but for the most Medicaid paper.
Speaker 5: How old? How old are you?
Speaker 4: I'm sixty nine, okay, So what's going on in your life?
Speaker 15: Well, my hoacs? Of course, I live in an I bought this condo with my husband twenty seven years ago, and our hoics have gone up usually five dollars a month for the last twenty years.
Speaker 5: Is the condo paid. Is the condo paid for? No.
Speaker 3: I when my husband passed away eight years ago, I refinanced, so.
Speaker 5: It's and you pulled cash out.
Speaker 3: Uh no, they just.
Speaker 5: To lower my Oh okay.
Speaker 15: You team it so I could afford it by myself.
Speaker 3: Because I was we had MS cleaning business, and no he passed, I had to take over all the bills by myself. So anyway, yeah, so this is okay. I mean the HOA went up this year, just a couple of months ago, sixty five dollars, which shocked me.
Speaker 15: So I called them and they said, well, it's insurance reasons, and I said, right.
Speaker 4: So many people, so many people are finding this. I just want to mention something on that note, because it's very important. People who are considering real estate often consider condos and town homes because the aggregate living or or the condo living, the condominium living actually was supposed to lower cost for people, and it does most of the time, even even with the assessments and even with hoafees. Here's the problem, though, Cynthia, and I'm speaking to others too, and I will take I promise we will talk about your situation the HOA unless they're lying and cheating, which most of them are not. The HOA is not other people, it's you.
Speaker 5: It's you and your neighbors.
Speaker 4: And when when prices go up with HOA, it's not so they can buy Lamborghinis. It's usually because expenses are going up, or deductibles have gone up, or insurance premiums have gone up. And while no one likes it, I've seen hoa's where they turn down premium excuse me, hafee increases, they turn it down, and they've turned them down for eight years, and all of a sudden a storm comes and they don't have enough money in the coffers, and now each and every owner has to come up with thirty grand.
Speaker 5: There is no cheating. There is no cheating.
Speaker 4: The expenses have to be paid, whether we like it or not, whether it's slowly over HOA or whether.
Speaker 5: It's a lump sum in an assessment. Now I'm going to come back to you, and I want to hear about this. But unless the HOA, and I mean literally stealing or mismanaging by hiring buddies, unless that's happening, it's a fact of life that HOA fees are going to keep going up, and in fact, We've only seen the beginning, and part of that is due to insurance. So hold on.
Speaker 4: I promise you will discuss your situation right after this. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Denverregen dot com for hair enhancement and pain and whatever you can think of for stem cells.
Speaker 5: They do and they do a great job.
Speaker 4: Denver Region dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, here, Cynthia. Let's talk to you now. So you're sixty nine, you're in a condo, you got out of the hospital from hip replacement.
Speaker 5: The HOA fees keep going up. What's so? What's going on? What can we do?
Speaker 15: For you, sir, That's not why i'm calling. I'm calling about an electrician. My brothers said you might be able to pok camp with an electician that helps seniors. Because now they're saying that we have to pay two thousand dollars to get our electric panel replacement because.
Speaker 5: The old But let's make sure that's true. Who told you that?
Speaker 15: EHOA sent out emails to everybody saying that they found out that our electric panels are not up to date and it's a fire hazard and their insurance won't cover it, so we got to.
Speaker 3: Pay for it out of pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, insurance doesn't cover out of date stuff. Insurance only covers casualty losses. So it's they're right about that. Now are these are these electrical panels one for each unit, so it's your own right, yes?
Speaker 5: Okay? And what do they say? Do they say they need to be.
Speaker 4: Upgraded as far as the power demand or simply redone as far as the brand.
Speaker 3: Upgraded?
Speaker 15: And I think both. What you just said is because it's hard for me to.
Speaker 16: Understand all the Do you have the letter they sent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have it on my email.
Speaker 4: Basically, it's if you can send us that letter. We'll help you make the right choice. We have plenty of good people we can send to you or at least put you in touch with. You know, it's never cheap to do a complete panel, but I'd like to try to find someone who can give you a break.
Speaker 5: Tell me something. Do you have that letter right in front of you.
Speaker 15: I have it on my email.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. Hold on.
Speaker 4: I want you to send it to me and hang on. We'll try to find the best person for the job.
Speaker 15: Okay, thank you, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Steve, what is your comment? Go ahead, Steve.
Speaker 11: Tell them you were talking to the lady that you were trying to help out and struck a nerve with me about thirteen years ago. I think you helped Kerle and I out.
Speaker 5: That's right, and I'll tell you what you were.
Speaker 17: You were the savior.
Speaker 5: But why did I help you out, Steve?
Speaker 4: Because you two were hard working fools and wanted to do anything it would take. That's what you did and you went to work. Hang on, Steve, we'll come right back to you. Okay, I got to take a break. We're I'm Tom Martino more coming up. Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rit tough man, you need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come.
Speaker 1: Run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Now, Tom Martinez, Hi, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: Let's talk about solving your problems, answering your questions, taking your complaints, as I've been doing for nearly fifty years, forty five in Denver, well, actually more than fifty years outside of Denver, but let's say nearly fifty in Denver forty five years actually are forty six now, and we have Henry Brest with us from Excel Roofing. Quickly, Henry, does this weather change anything obviously you're not going to be installing roofs. Any any tips for people? What can you work on right now? What should people be calling about?
Speaker 13: You know, the main thing that people should be aware of is just their insulation and also leakage. So a lot of homes in Denver, it's actually about nine out of ten homes are under insulated, and it's really important to bring that insulation up to code. In the ceiling absolutely, and I mean there's walls. You guys don't do insulation right. We absolutely do insulation in the ceiling.
Speaker 19: Oh I didn't know that, Okay, So for the attic, not the rest of the walls, right with the ceiling.
Speaker 13: And what that does is it causes a lot less stress on your AC unit you're heating.
Speaker 12: It's much more efficient, right.
Speaker 13: And so there's a lot of there's a lot of companies out there that want to just do.
Speaker 5: The roof right.
Speaker 12: We're not like that. We'll do all the repairs.
Speaker 13: We'll take care of your full system insulation, you know, shingles, repairs, anything like that. Leaks, not just replaced, not just replacements.
Speaker 5: And then what you did for me was the ventilation of.
Speaker 13: The attic absolutely, and that ties right back into the insulation, making sure that that hot air stays in the house in this in the winter, and that cold air.
Speaker 12: You know, it's it's more.
Speaker 4: You want convective currents going through the attic.
Speaker 19: You want that exchange of air in the attic, and with your whole house fan, we need to make sure that all of that air has somewhere to go, right, And so that's what we did on your attic, is adding those fans to pull out that.
Speaker 5: Air, right. Yeah, And there're two different things.
Speaker 4: Attic ventilation is separate from whole house fans, So just keep that in mind. So I left off with Betty, I'll go you know I did, and I'm gonna go back to Betty. And then what happened to Uh, let's see, we did have Cynthia.
Speaker 5: And what are we gonna do with Cynthia?
Speaker 4: We were gonna get that letter and then I'm going to try to help her find an electrician.
Speaker 5: Is that right, Kachina? Is she sending that to us?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 5: That is correct? All right?
Speaker 4: So Steve is calling, and I believe Steve. This was during Colorado's first recession. It wasn't in the two thousand and nine ten time was it, Yeah, it was, Oh, it was the okay, it was the great Recession.
Speaker 5: I remember.
Speaker 4: So you called and said, look, I'm losing my home, I'm losing my business and things are just rough. Now it's not because you hadn't been working, but this recession was just massively bad and business dried up.
Speaker 5: And continue your story.
Speaker 21: Well, you're right.
Speaker 11: We started losing the house. We worked for Home New Home construction, so when it shut down, we thought we would make it through it, but we didn't. We had to sell the house. We lost everything. And so then it was November eleventh, in two thousand and eleven. I called the radio station to ask you for help.
Speaker 5: And eleven eleven eleven.
Speaker 11: You got two thousand, two thousand.
Speaker 17: Yeah it was two.
Speaker 5: I was eleven eleven eleven, bro snake eyes.
Speaker 11: So think about it. But anyway, mom's story short, Cheryl and I are doing fine and we are on your referral list, and honestly, I thank you most every day. We bought a house and we're happy.
Speaker 5: I know y'are.
Speaker 4: And you're hard working and you never looked back. You never blamed anyone. You just started working your tail off. We started shuttling work to you and through the years have kept in touch as friends.
Speaker 11: That's it, and I want to thank you.
Speaker 5: Well, Steve.
Speaker 4: Thanks for looking back, Thanks for uh, for for all the success you've had, and for the quality work you've done for me over the years.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: On everything I've ever owned, when I need it done and refurbished, I asked you to do it. And my doors are still looking great, the garage doors with all this weather, and that's important. And he's with star quality painting. That was his story.
Speaker 5: Eleven eleven eleven was when we started helping. We did some.
Speaker 4: Things that that we just wanted to help him and and and it worked.
Speaker 17: Well.
Speaker 4: We're Betty, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on, Betty? What's happening?
Speaker 8: Well, Tom, I'm like the last caller. I'm thankful for you every day.
Speaker 3: You've made me a better.
Speaker 8: Business woman and I needed it, so you've kind of filled in the books.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: No, I appreciate you saying that. Now you didn't have to say that. So what's happening?
Speaker 3: Well? On Friday, I had an eighty year old brother tell me he was planning a move. I knew he was getting an apartment, you know, he's getting a mobile home. But I didn't know. I didn't know this was going to happen. But he ended up going online and like I said, he's eighty and he when he came over, he told me the next day he said, yeah, the movers are from Florida.
Speaker 5: Oh no, oh no.
Speaker 3: I got like physically ill, you know, for days.
Speaker 5: And where was he moving? Where was he moving from? Where to where?
Speaker 8: From like the Dea area to Oklahoma? And I, like you were talking about feelings earlier.
Speaker 3: I decided, now I'm going to tell him. You know, I'm going to say, this is what I've heard on your show. You know that all the scammers are there in Florida. And so I told him, you know, I went through.
Speaker 5: And did they take money upfront from him?
Speaker 3: You know, he put he put three thousand down and I I can't tell you the name of the company at this moment. He wants to. He thought the bank would protect him, and I was thinking, you know, there's different kinds of frauds, so I hope the bank does protect him.
Speaker 5: You know, so well, did he send the money out already?
Speaker 3: You know, I would say they deducted it from his account. I tried to tell him to put a how.
Speaker 4: Much did they take? How much did they take from him?
Speaker 3: Okay, three thousand.
Speaker 5: So well, here he's got he's got to close the account.
Speaker 4: You know, if Betty, if he doesn't close the account, they can go back to the account. Even if he changes. Here's the sick part of this. Even if he changes the account in the same bank, the bank will still honor it.
Speaker 5: He has to literally leave the bank.
Speaker 8: Okay, let me write down what you just said.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So he has to go what.
Speaker 5: Bank is he with?
Speaker 3: Account?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What bank is he with?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't even know his bank.
Speaker 4: Okay, He's got to leave the entire banking system and go to another bank, for example, if it's United, if it's Chase, if it's he's our first bank. He's got to go to a completely different company with a completely brand new account or.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: I promise you they will tap his account. They will. They will absolutely tap.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Three grand right now would be the most he loses. And here's what's going to happen if he continues. I know what's going to happen.
Speaker 21: Okay, They're going to come.
Speaker 4: To pick up the stuff and get more money because they're going to say it was more than they thought.
Speaker 3: Okay, but may I tell you something.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: My other brother was there, the one brother, the eighty year old.
Speaker 8: He's already in Oklahoma with another brother helping him.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay. And my youngest brother was there. And because of your show, I warned those guys, you know, I said, you know all the red flags. He was my younger brother. You helped him so much, you empowered him to say go away, so he could. They wanted more money.
Speaker 5: I knew it. Say I knew it.
Speaker 4: And when they got the more money then and by the way, that person isn't the one that got the three grand. So they all want to take a bite at the apple. So that guy that showed up to pick up the stuff wanted more money, then he would have gotten about two or three grand. And then then hold on, then they would have taken the stuff to someone else, and that someone else wanted more money to deliver it, so they would have hit him three times.
Speaker 3: Right, So this is okay. So he has to leave the banking system, and what.
Speaker 4: That particular bank, he has to open a new account. That's the first thing that's just to insulate him from future loss.
Speaker 5: Then he has to get a real mover.
Speaker 8: Okay, And I'm hoping and praying this other brother that's more.
Speaker 3: Well to do.
Speaker 8: He put it on his own credit card. He hired another mover and I said where are they from?
Speaker 3: And he said Nevada. No, they're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Come to No, no, no, why do they keep doing this?
Speaker 5: Just hire someone local? Where are they?
Speaker 17: Where?
Speaker 5: Where does he live? Right now?
Speaker 3: The brother helping lives in Texas?
Speaker 4: So no, no, I'm talking about the person moving. Are they in Colorado?
Speaker 3: Okay? My one brother is he's there. He's supposed to be out of his mobile home right now.
Speaker 5: But where was that? Okay? Who did anyone pick up this stuff from the mobile home?
Speaker 3: Not yet? Because he sent that He sent the Florida company away. He said, go away. I'm not giving you any more money.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So now why would he call someone from Nevada? Why not just call someone from Denver that I know and trust. Why would he call someone from Nevada or from Florida or any of those?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: You know? Why? Tom? Because I tried to stop him, I got killed.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I'm asking, can you stop him now.
Speaker 3: Hello, Okay, may I ask you, Tom, do you have a company that you would recommend?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I do, Okay, I have, I have a I have you know what, here's the problem.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do, I do.
Speaker 4: And and just just hang on and I'll come back to you. Please, people, there are not many honest movers and there aren't There are ways to find them, but you don't go online. And if you do, you got to know how to evaluate him. You're not gonna get him out of Nevada. You're not gonna get him out of Florida. You're not gonna get him out of California.
Speaker 5: You're just not.
Speaker 4: Okay, hang on, I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Martino troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com. It's getting a little cold pretty soon. You're not gonna be able to get that deep clean for forty five bucks eight eight eight Heating dot Com. And if you need a new system, get the high efficiency they offer. And we're talking about saving thirty to forty percent a month.
Speaker 5: Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Okay, now.
Speaker 4: I want to take uh this Betty so Betty Johnson moving in storage.
Speaker 3: Okay, Johnson j O h N ss N, Yeah.
Speaker 4: For for Interstate Moving, Johnson Moving in Storage, dur Insantennial.
Speaker 3: Forage, no kidding, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Okay, now listen, I'm going to tell you something. Here's something not going to like. You're they're not gonna like the price they get. Maybe I don't know. I'm not saying they're exorbitant. They're honest, but it's an honest price, and they're not gonna because the Internet movers always lowball you, always lowball you, and then always sock you three times. Okay, So he lost three grand already he's never going to get it back. And if he went forward, he would have lost more and his stuff would have been so jacked up. I'm so happy that we're stopping this in its tracks.
Speaker 3: Okay, Tom, tell me something about computers. All right, I'll tell you what the plot is. Evening here.
Speaker 8: The other brother that's more well to do, he put nine hundred down for this Nevada mover.
Speaker 3: The deal is that they told him four thousand total. So the other hand, how did they.
Speaker 4: Tell him without seeing it? How did they tell him without seeing it?
Speaker 3: You know? Tom, I told him to wait. I told him I'm calling.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what.
Speaker 4: He probably lost the nine hundred bucks. How did he do it? Did he give his bank information out?
Speaker 3: I would say, put it on a credit card?
Speaker 5: I well, then he ought to dispute.
Speaker 3: It routing numbers?
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, honest.
Speaker 4: To god, I mean these guys are they educated people?
Speaker 8: My more well to do brother is the others just don't. The other two are there, you know, they're the people that make it.
Speaker 4: Well, then the well to do brother just got an education for nine hundred bucks, I doubt. Listen, try to dispute it. If he put it on a credit card. Again, if he put it on his bank account, he can look forward to his bank account being cleaned out in the future.
Speaker 5: So it's really up to him. Okay, Betty, I hate saying this stuff. I'm telling you and.
Speaker 3: No, no, Tom, I need to hear it because I'm I have to tell them. So. So with the Florida contract thought I wasn't online with him. Does he have to cancel that? Does he have to send a statement? Does he have to?
Speaker 4: Well, I would, but it doesn't matter. They're so that got First of all, the guy is in a underwear in a basement somewhere on his computer, and he's not even a mover and or or he's and I know when people hate when I say this, he's an Israeli national because ninety nine percent of them are. And they start moving companies in Florida. I don't know why, but they do. And that's just a fact of life. And then they rip people off. Okay, So that's what's going on. So what they have to do is they have to he should cancel it. But the more it'll cancel automatically when he doesn't pay.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, just so because they're but.
Speaker 5: He has to change his banking all right.
Speaker 3: Same for the brother, the other brother that just put it. If you put it on his credit.
Speaker 5: Card, no not.
Speaker 4: If you put it on a credit card, you have to cancel the credit card though, and you can't just change the number. People ask me what do you mean by that. Let me explain this to you. If you cancel a bank account and open another bank account in the same bank, and something comes in on the old bank account, the bank doesn't look to see if it's legitimate. They simply transfer it to the new bank account. And why would they do that, Because when you open up accounts at that bank, you sign what's called a cross collateralization agreement. It should really be called a cross pollination agreement. So what that means is this, anything on that old account can be transferred to your new account to settle it any ach that comes in. Now, I want to tell you something about banks. My god, people don't know this. When it comes to banks. They never check.
Speaker 5: The authenticity of an ac H. That's just a fact of life.
Speaker 4: Anyone with your anyone with your account number and your routing number can rob your bank. They don't need a gun, they don't need a knife. And if a banker tells you that's not possible, they are lying to you. Now you may say, well it wasn't legit. I'll get my money back. No, you won't. Okay, sometimes a bank might do it sometimes, but most of the time, if an ach comes in, they honor it. They do not check with you, they do not tell you, They just send the money. Now that's the sad banking secret. No one wants you to know.
Speaker 5: That's it. Now, let's talk about credit cards.
Speaker 4: You think, oh, I'll just cancel the credit card and get another one, like with Capital One or anyone. When you do that, it's the same account, just a different card, same thing. If a charge comes into that card and that card is closed, they put it on the new card. So you might think, wait a minute, whenever I lose a card, they tell me to do that.
Speaker 5: And it's for nothing. It's for nothing.
Speaker 4: Because all that person has to do when they send the charge in is say it's a recurring transaction and it's honored by the new card.
Speaker 5: So what do you do.
Speaker 4: You have to change credit card issuers and start.
Speaker 5: A whole new account again.
Speaker 4: If they don't tell you that at the credit card company, they're lying to you. You see, this show is about truth. There you go, that's the said. So your brothers, your brothers keep just digging their hole because they think they know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: I gotta move on. Thank you, Betty.
Speaker 4: Three h three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five. Did she ever send us that hoa letter about the increase or excuse me about the changing electrical panels? I want to help her, Not yet, Okay, Sandy has a question on a landlord. Sandy, I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on, Sandy?
Speaker 22: Hey, good morning, Tom.
Speaker 3: Listen to you for a long long time.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Sam.
Speaker 3: We have I taken a lot of your advice.
Speaker 22: We have a rental house and it is vacant at the moment, and they just moved out. I'm just wondering if the new laws are so restrictive. And we're not in Denver County, We're in Jefferson. But there's so many new.
Speaker 4: Laws, that's right, new eviction laws, which means, by the way, let me just explain this to you.
Speaker 5: In general, you're a landlord when.
Speaker 4: You rent out a place, even if it's month to month or a yearly lease, you are bound to keep them. Unless you have a just cause to get rid of them. You're bound you have to keep them. So what are just causes? There are fewer than you think. Okay, I don't want to give you legal advice as a landlord right now, but you can call O'Brien Legal Services LS law.
Speaker 5: He'd be happy to help you.
Speaker 4: As a landlord to make up the lease the proper way and to make sure you don't get stuck. There are just causes, but they must be just causes according to the law. So in essence, all leases are perpetual leases. Yeah, you see that, and you can thank Jared Newsom for that.
Speaker 5: Jared Newsom polus.
Speaker 4: We should really, what we really should do is just call ourselves California West. It would just be easier, and then just adopt all their laws because that's what he wants. I swear to God, he doesn't have a thought that's original.
Speaker 5: Let's see what should I do next. Let's see. I'll go and ask Gavin. But that's what's going on.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if you looked at the map of the country, Colorado's still that little blue island in California with him, I mean, they love it, and it'll be to their detriment the state. You know what, God Almighty, what a great state at once was what a great city the new mayor's And by the way, they didn't they just increase the taxes for for aid.
Speaker 5: They did, they did. Our taxes will go up even more.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to rag on you, Sandy, but call ols Law O'Brien Legal Services. Let me give you that number. I'm serious about it. He's a good guy. And by the way, he's not political at all, by the way I was saying all this stuff. He's just an attorney. He's a great guy. He knows real estate. Seven to zero three seven zero, seventy three eighty eight. That's O'Brien Legal Services. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven, seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three L three seven one three talk seven one three eight.
Speaker 5: Two five five. By the way, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: And by the if you ever get a chance, go to YouTube on the YouTube channel and join us, and I think you'll love it on and off the air, and sometimes it's livelier than others. But we always have our morons talking to each other on there. That's what I affectionately call them, our YouTube morons, and that means that's a compliment. By day, Lou wants to talk about an autobody shop, or.
Speaker 5: He has a question, Go ahead, Lou, what's happening? Lou?
Speaker 16: Hey, Tom, I got a simple question.
Speaker 17: I live in the in the front range. But my son is temporarily living in Denver with his brother and he was in a motor vehicle accident and everything is fine, but his car is on the side of the road in the street right now.
Speaker 5: Now, is this your son and your son in law?
Speaker 17: You say no, my son and he answered the vehicle together, so okay, sure, okay.
Speaker 5: So Soun's car. Where is it right now?
Speaker 17: It's on in front of his brother's house in Denver on the street.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not going to stay there long, you know.
Speaker 4: You understand that is either going to be robbed or stripped or it's going to be taken away by the city.
Speaker 5: What city is it?
Speaker 17: What it would be Denver?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: And is he in the snow area where they plow?
Speaker 17: I guess he would be, yes.
Speaker 5: I mean do they plow that street. A lot of streets they don't plow.
Speaker 17: I believe they. I believe they plow that street. And so really, how bad.
Speaker 5: Is the car? Is it drivable at all?
Speaker 17: No, it's probably it might end up being totaled. Actually, it's a twenty twelve Ford Mustang, and we had an adjuster out to look at it from the insurance company. We haven't quite heard back from them yet, because I thought before we got it towed away to a repair shop, we should maybe just have an adjuster check it, because if they're going to total it, you know, why even bring it to a repair.
Speaker 4: Shop because that's where they want to see it, and they'll pay for that. Most assurance policies will pay for towing it to a body shop.
Speaker 17: Well, and I'm not too worried about that. We can get a towed to the body to the body shop. But I was checking, you know, your referral list, and I don't see any body shops. I don't know if you guys have anything.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the problem. We've really been deficient on some categories because it's hard to find good people.
Speaker 4: It's not to say we can't make a recommendation, but as far as officially on the referral list.
Speaker 5: We may not have anybody. But I want to know this, what where are you? What area? Well?
Speaker 17: He is on East twenty fifth Street and Downing in Denver, okay five points five points.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if he needs a good there's a good body shop.
Speaker 5: And Aurora.
Speaker 4: I thought it was Aurora or Autobody, but they've been They used to be with us.
Speaker 5: They're good people. Let me make sure they're there, you know.
Speaker 4: Again, I apologize that we won't just put someone on the referral list to fill.
Speaker 5: A vacancy.
Speaker 4: No, it's Colorado Autobody. Yeah, Colorado Auto Body. They're not bad people. We used to have them, you know. And I'll tell you what though, there are some people over the years. I can tell you where we don't get complaints.
Speaker 5: That's one of them.
Speaker 4: Another one is I don't Perry and Terry, I don't know they're still around.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 4: See so many companies come and go. I've been here for so long. Perry and Terry used to be a wonderful auta body shop. And again they're still there. They have five star ratings.
Speaker 17: And Perry and Terry, Terry and.
Speaker 5: Terry, uh huh.
Speaker 4: And then we're not talking cheap now, we're talking good autobody shops.
Speaker 17: Right yeah, Now, I mean if we can get it fixed, we're going to get it fixed the right way.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, if you're going to value the car, they can do that too, or not value, but value to give you an accurate price so you can get it total if you need to. And again you're going to have to deal with your insurance company on the total value of the car. But if you ever have and most insurance companies they're going to try to low ball you on the value. Okay, they're just going to try to do that. Whose fault was this accident?
Speaker 17: It was probably his, yes, okay.
Speaker 4: So on the value of the car, if you need, ever need help establishing the value. And you think your insurance is being unfair to you, you need to call You need to go on a refer list refer list dot com, and you need to go to petty details p E T T Y Petty Details, Okay, and they can give you a pretty good price petty details. Yeah, so start there. And again, let's see, I was going to tell you about some other I believe Caliber, Caliber is it Caliber Collision, that they're not bad and I'm only going by I'm only going by complaint history. We haven't gotten complaints about Caliber either. All right, So Caliber, Perry and Terry, Colorado Autobody.
Speaker 5: There's there's some really good body shops.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, okay, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Go, I wouldn't go to like fast food ones.
Speaker 14: But yes, you know what you mean, and you can tell it.
Speaker 17: Sounds like rather than waiting to hear from this adjuster that we should just get the car towed away, then well, of.
Speaker 4: Course you should, or you're gonna lose it. I mean either one. I mean, and adjusters don't like coming to houses to do that, especially in bad weather.
Speaker 5: But you know it's up to you.
Speaker 17: They did, they did, They came three days ago.
Speaker 5: Oh so they already they are, Oh they already then valued it.
Speaker 17: Well they didn't they they came on Monday.
Speaker 4: But they will value it, is what I mean. They've already examined it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well technically, but we haven't heard anything back. And I'm waiting for days here, you know.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you will on the street, you will, you'll hear from them. I mean, if they came out, they're going to do something. Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Speaking of cars, one Clear Choice Garage Doors will take a look at your garage doors and do an inspection.
Speaker 5: I think it's like eighty bucks if you're moving into a house.
Speaker 4: But they also do complete openers, any part of the opener, any part of the door, complete doors, and they're factory authorized for most doors. That's one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. And I'm telling you no one does a better job. Seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Rich, We've had steady calls.
Speaker 4: Keep calling and you can always call three oh three Martino at any time and we'll line you up for a show.
Speaker 5: Rich, what's going on?
Speaker 22: Sure?
Speaker 7: I was actually just calling about a problem I'm having with Excel and or and claim that I had put in.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what's going on with Excel?
Speaker 14: We had and I'm not sure exactly what happened, but some type of a short in our backyard. So it didn't happen at my box, but.
Speaker 17: At their supply coming in.
Speaker 5: Now, how do you know how do you know you had a short?
Speaker 14: Well, I don't know if it's a short. All I know is the technician that came out. So it started off fire our box in the backyard, and then it electrified my box.
Speaker 5: I tried to go and oh my goodness, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: So you just happen to look out one day and see a fire in your junction box our neighbor.
Speaker 14: Actually it was during the holiday, the last holiday came.
Speaker 5: And the neighbor noticed it while we're in the house. Correct, And where what box are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about the transformer that goes to your house or something else that affects more than just your house?
Speaker 16: So I know that to shut it off day after shot off several houses.
Speaker 4: So the fire the box was in a junction box. It wasn't just your house, correct.
Speaker 23: I think it just affected my home only though, until they shut off the supply.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what happened.
Speaker 14: Then, well, electrified my box. I did try to go out and shut shut it off.
Speaker 5: Now what do you mean shut off?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 5: Shut off? Your break?
Speaker 8: Mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Okay, okay, what.
Speaker 14: Happened shocked me? Oh, shocked me?
Speaker 4: So you know, of course, So it shocked you when you tried to touch the the off switch.
Speaker 5: No, just even open my box, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh, just to even open it. The whole thing was electrified.
Speaker 17: Correct, yes, wow?
Speaker 14: And then and in the house.
Speaker 20: My my wife was baking, the oven blew out. A lot of different things did happen? I mean a multitude a list of things that actually went out.
Speaker 5: And now are they denying it's their problem?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 14: Through the claim process, yes they are saying that they recognize that it happened, but due to some state statute that they're not liable.
Speaker 4: Did they quote the statute?
Speaker 5: They did?
Speaker 14: And I don't have any of that stuff in front of me.
Speaker 17: I do apologize.
Speaker 14: My wife's been working really hard.
Speaker 5: How much did all of this come to?
Speaker 16: Roughly around six or seven thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. Now you do have homeowner's insurance that will cover it.
Speaker 24: We do, and that's I think that's one of the main reasons I wanted to call you, is just to get advice.
Speaker 14: But I'd hate to make a claim knowing that it counts against me.
Speaker 4: All right, why don't you hold on and we'll get our insurance expert.
Speaker 5: Hang on, Okay, go with a.
Speaker 4: Sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content, leave.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ye rip tough.
Speaker 3: You need so you don't have run anxiousness fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez, Hi, how.
Speaker 5: Are you doing?
Speaker 4: Let's talk about solving problem's, answering your questions, taking your complaints as I've been doing for nearly fifty years, forty five in Denver, well, actually more than fifty years outside of Denver, but let's say nearly fifty.
Speaker 5: In Denver forty five years.
Speaker 4: Actually are forty six now, and we have Henry Breast with us from Excel Roofing quickly, Henry, does this weather change anything? Obviously you're not going to be installing roofs. Any tips for people? What can you work on right now? What should people be calling about?
Speaker 13: You know, the main thing that people should be aware of is just their insulation and also leakage. So a lot of homes in Denver, it's actually about nine out of ten homes are under insulated, and it's really important to bring that insulation up to code.
Speaker 12: In the ceiling absolutely, I mean there's walls.
Speaker 5: You guys don't do insulation, right.
Speaker 13: We absolutely do insulation in the ceiling. Oh I didn't know that. Okay, So for the addic, not the rest of the walls, right with the ceiling. And what that does is it causes a lot less stress on your AC unit you're heating. It's much more efficient, right. And so there's a lot there's a lot of companies out there that want to.
Speaker 5: Just do the roof, right.
Speaker 12: We're not like that.
Speaker 5: We'll do all the repairs.
Speaker 13: We'll take care of your full system insulation, you know, shingles, repairs, anything like that.
Speaker 12: Leaks, not just replaced, not just replacements.
Speaker 5: And then what you did for me was the ventilation.
Speaker 13: Of the attic absolutely, and that ties right back into the insulation, making sure that that hot air stays in the house in this in the winter, and that cold air.
Speaker 12: You know, it's it's.
Speaker 4: More you want convective currents going through the attic.
Speaker 5: You want that exchange of air in the attic.
Speaker 13: And with your whole house fan, we need to make sure that all of that air has somewhere to go, right, And so that's what we did on your attic, is adding those fans to pull out that.
Speaker 4: Air, right. Yeah, And there're two different things. Attic ventilation is separate from whole house fans. So just keep that in mind. So I left off with Betty, I'll go just you know I did, and I'm gonna go back to Betty. And then then what happened to uh, let's see, we did have Cynthia, and what are we gonna do with Cynthia? We were gonna get that letter and then I'm gonna try to help perfined an electrician?
Speaker 5: Is that right? Kachina? Is she's sending that to us? Yes, that is corrects all right?
Speaker 4: So Steve is calling, and I believe Steve, this was during Colorado's first recession. It wasn't in the two thousand and nine ten time, was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was, Oh, it was the okay, it was the great recession. I remember. So you called and said, look, I'm losing my home, I'm losing my business and things are just rough now it's not because you hadn't been working, but this recession was just massively bad and business dried up. And continue your story.
Speaker 11: Well, you're right, we started losing the house. We worked for Home New Home construction, so when it shut down, we thought we would make it through it.
Speaker 17: But we didn't.
Speaker 11: We had to sell the house. We lost everything, and so then it was November limit in two thoy and eleven. I called the radio station to ask you for help.
Speaker 5: And eleven eleven eleven.
Speaker 11: You've got two thousand, two thousand, Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was eleven eleven eleven, bro snake.
Speaker 17: Eyes, So think about it.
Speaker 11: But anyway, mom's story short. Cheryl and I are doing fine and we are on your referral list, and honestly, I thank you almost every day. We bought a house and we're happy.
Speaker 4: I know y'are and you're hard working and you never looked back. You never blamed anyone. You just started working your tail off. We started shuttling work to you and through the years have kept in touch as friends.
Speaker 11: That's it, and I want to thank you.
Speaker 5: Well, Steve.
Speaker 4: Thanks for looking back, thanks for all the success you've had and for the quality work you've done. For me over the years. I really appreciate it. On everything I've ever owned. When I need it done and refurbished, I asked you to do it. And my doors are still looking great, the garage doors with all this weather, and that's important. And he's with star quality painting. That was his story. Eleven eleven eleven was when we started helping. We did some things that we just wanted to help him and.
Speaker 5: It worked well. Worth it.
Speaker 4: Betty, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on, Betty? What's happening?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: Tom, I'm like the last caller. I'm thankful for you every day. You've made me a better business woman and I needed it, so you've kind of filled in the books.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: No, I appreciate you saying that. Now you didn't have to say that. So what's happening? Well?
Speaker 3: On Friday, I had an eighty year old brother tell me he was planning a move. I knew he was getting an apartment, you know, he's getting a mobile home, but I didn't know. I didn't know this was going to happen. But he ended up going online and like I said, he's eighty and he when he came over he told me. The next day he said, yeah, the movers are from Florida.
Speaker 5: Oh no, oh no.
Speaker 3: I got like physically ill, you know, for days.
Speaker 5: And where was he moving? Where was he moving from? Where to where?
Speaker 3: From from like the Dea area to Oklahoma? And I, like you were.
Speaker 8: Talking about feelings earlier. I decided, now I'm going to tell him. You know, I'm going to say, this is what I've heard on your show. You know that all the scammers are there in Florida.
Speaker 3: And so I told him, you know, I went.
Speaker 5: Through and did they take money up front from him?
Speaker 3: You know, he put he put three thousand.
Speaker 8: Down and I I can't tell you the name of the company at this moment.
Speaker 3: He wants to. He thought the bank would protect him, and I was thinking, you know, there's different kinds of frauds, so I hope the bank does protect him, you know.
Speaker 5: So well, did he send the money out already?
Speaker 3: You know, I would say they deducted it from his account. I tried to tell him to put how.
Speaker 5: Much did they take? How much did they take from him?
Speaker 3: Okay, three thousand?
Speaker 4: So well, here's got to he's got to close the account. You know, if he did Betty if he doesn't close the account, they can go back to the account. Even if he changes. Here's the sick part of this. Even if he changes the account in the same bank, the bank will still honor it. They he has to literally leave the bank.
Speaker 8: Okay, let me write down what you just said. Okay, Okay, So he has to go what bank.
Speaker 3: Is he with making account?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What bank is he with?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't even know his bank.
Speaker 4: Okay, He's got to leave the entire banking system and go to another bank, for example, if it's United, if it's Chase, if it's he's our first bank. He's got to go to a completely different company with a completely brand new account.
Speaker 3: Or I get it.
Speaker 5: I promise you. Okay, they will tap his account. They will. They will absolutely tap. Now.
Speaker 4: Three grand right now would be the most he loses. And here's what's going to happen if he continues. I know what's going to happen. Okay, They're going to come to pick up the stuff and get more money because they're going to say it was more than they thought.
Speaker 3: Okay, but may I tell you something.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: My other brother was there, the one brother, the eighty year old. He's already in Oklahoma with another brother helping him.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, and my youngest brother was there. And because of your show, I warned those guys, you know, I said, you know all the red flags. He was my younger brother. You helped him so much, powered him to say go away. So they wanted more money.
Speaker 5: I knew it. Say I knew it.
Speaker 4: And when they got the more money then and by the way, that person isn't the one that got the three grand, so they all want to take a bite at the apple.
Speaker 5: So that guy that showed up to.
Speaker 4: Pick up the stuff wanted more money, then he would have gotten about two or three grand. And then then hold on, then they would have taken the stuff to someone else, and that someone else wanted more money to deliver it, so they would have hit him three times.
Speaker 3: Right, So this is okay. So he has to leave the banking system.
Speaker 4: And with that particular bank, they has to open a new account. That's the first thing. That's just to insulate him from future loss. Then he has to get a real mover.
Speaker 8: Okay, And I'm hoping and praying this other brother that's more well to do. He put it on his own credit card.
Speaker 3: He hired another mover, and I said where are they from? And he said Nevada. No, they're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Come to No, no, no, why do they keep doing this?
Speaker 5: Just hire someone local? Where are they? Where? Where does he live? Right now?
Speaker 3: The brother helping lives in Texas?
Speaker 4: So no, no, I'm talking about the person moving. Are they in Colorado?
Speaker 3: Okay? My one brother is he's there. He's supposed to be out of his mobile home right now?
Speaker 5: But where was that? Okay?
Speaker 4: Who did anyone pick up his stuff from the mobile home?
Speaker 3: Not yet? Because he sent that he sent the Florida company away. He said, go away. I'm not giving you any more money.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So now why would he call someone from Nevada? Why not just call someone from Denver that I know and trust? Why would he call someone from Nevada or from Florida or any of those?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: You know? Why? Tom? Because I tried to stop him, I got.
Speaker 5: Killing Okay, So I'm as can you stop him? Now? Hello?
Speaker 3: Okay? May I ask you, Tom? Do you have a company that you would recommend?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I do, Okay, I have I have a I have you know what here's the problem.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do, I do.
Speaker 4: And and just just hang on and I'll come back to you. Please people, there are not many honest movers, and there aren't There are ways to find them, but you don't go online.
Speaker 5: And if you do, you.
Speaker 4: Got to know how to evaluate them. You're not going to get him out of Nevada. You're not going to get him out of Florida. You're not going to get him out of California.
Speaker 5: You're just not.
Speaker 4: Okay, hang on, I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot com. It's getting a little cold pretty soon. You're not going to be able to get that deep clean for forty five bucks eight eight eight Heating dot Com and if you need a new system, get the high efficiency they offer, and we're talking about saving thirty to forty percent a month.
Speaker 5: Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Okay, now I want to take uh.
Speaker 4: Uh this, Betty so Betty Johnson Moving in storage.
Speaker 3: Okay, Johnson j O h N ss N.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for for Interstate Moving, Johnson Moving in Storage.
Speaker 3: D're instantennial forage, no kidding, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Okay, now listen, I'm gonna tell you something. Here's something not gonna like. They're not gonna like the price they get. Maybe I don't know. I'm not saying they're exorbitant. They're honest, but it's an honest price, and they're not gonna because the internet movers always lowball you, always lowball you, and then always sock you three times. Okay, So he lost three grand already, he's never gonna get it back, and if he went forward, he would have lost more and his stuff would have been so jacked up. I'm so happy that we're stopping this in its tracks.
Speaker 3: Okay, Tom, tell me something about out computers. All right, I'll tell you what the plot is.
Speaker 8: Evening here, the other brother that's more well to do, he put nine hundred down for this Nevada mover.
Speaker 3: The deal is that they told him four thousand total. So the other hand, how did they.
Speaker 4: Tell him without seeing it? How did they tell him without seeing it?
Speaker 3: You know, Tom, I told him to wait. I told him I'm calling.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, he probably lost the nine hundred bucks. How did he do it? Did he give us bank information out?
Speaker 3: I would say, put it on a credit card?
Speaker 5: I well, then he ought to dispute.
Speaker 3: It routing number?
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, honest to God, I mean these guys are they educated people?
Speaker 3: My more well to do brother is the others just don't the other two are they're you know, they're the people that make it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Then the well to do brother just got an education for nine hundred bucks, I doubt. Listen, try to dispute it. If he put it on a credit card again, if he put it on his bank account, he can look forward to his bank account being cleaned out in the future.
Speaker 5: So it's really up to him. Okay, Betty, I hate saying this stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, and no, no, Tom, I need to hear it because I'm I have to tell them. So with the Florida to contract thought I wasn't online with him. Does he have to cancel that? Does he have to send a statement? Does he have to?
Speaker 5: Well I would, but it doesn't matter there.
Speaker 4: So that got First of all, the guy is in his underwear in a basement somewhere on his computer and he's not even a mover or he's and I know when people hate when I say this, he's an Israeli national because ninety nine percent of them are. And they start moving companies in Florida. I don't know why, but they do. And that's just a fact of life. And then they rip people off. Okay, so that's what's going on. So what they have to do is they have to he should cancel it, but the more it'll cancel automatically when he doesn't pay.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, just so because they're but.
Speaker 5: He has to change his banking all right.
Speaker 3: Same for the brother, the other brother that just put it. If you put it on his credit.
Speaker 5: Card, no not.
Speaker 4: If you put it on a credit card, you have to cancel the credit card though, and you can't just change the number. People ask me, what do you mean by that. Let me explain this to you. If you cancel a bank account and open another bank account in the same bank and something comes in on the old bank account, the bank doesn't look to see if it's legitimate. They simply transfer it to the new bank account.
Speaker 5: And why would they.
Speaker 4: Do that, Because when you open up accounts at that bank, you sign what's called a cross collateralization agreement. It should really be called a cross pollination agreement. So what that means is this, Anything on that old account can be transferred to your new account. Tottle it any ach that comes in. Now, I want to tell you something about banks. My god, people don't know this. When it comes to banks, they never check the authenticity of an ac h.
Speaker 5: That's just a fact of life.
Speaker 4: Anyone with your anyone with your account number and your routing number can rob your bank. They don't need a gun, they don't need a knife. And if a banker tells you that's not possible, they are lying to you. Now you may say, well it wasn't legit. I'll get my money back. No you won't, Okay. Sometimes a bank might do it. Sometimes but most of the time, if an ach comes in, they honor it. They do not check with you, they do not tell tell you, They just send the money. Now that's the sad banking secret. No one wants you to know.
Speaker 5: That's it. Now, let's talk about credit cards.
Speaker 4: You think, oh, I'll just cancel the credit card and get another one, like with Capital One or anyone. When you do that, it's the same account, just a different card, same thing. If a charge comes into that card and that card is closed, they put it on the new card. So you might think, wait a minute, whenever I lose a card, they tell me to do that.
Speaker 5: And it's for nothing. It's for nothing because.
Speaker 4: All that person has to do when they send the charge in is say it's a recurring transaction and it's honored.
Speaker 5: By the new card. So what do you do.
Speaker 4: You have to change credit card issuers and start.
Speaker 5: A whole new account again.
Speaker 4: If they don't tell you that at the credit card company, they're lying to you. You see, this show is about truth. There you go, that's the said. So your brothers, your brothers keep just digging their hole because they think they know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: I got to move on. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Betty three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Did she ever send us that hoa letter about the increase or excuse me about the changing electrical panels? I want to help her, Not yet, Okay, Sandy has a question on the landlord.
Speaker 5: Sandy. I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on? Sandy?
Speaker 22: Hey, good morning, Tom.
Speaker 15: Listen to you for a long long time.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Sam.
Speaker 3: We have I taken a lot of your advice.
Speaker 22: We have a rental house and it is vacant at the moment, and they just moved out. I'm just wondering if the new laws are so restrictive. And we're not in Denver County, we're in Jefferson. But there's so many new.
Speaker 4: Laws, that's right, new eviction laws, which means, by the way, let me just explain.
Speaker 5: This to you. In general, you're a landlord.
Speaker 4: When you rent out a place, even if it's month to month or a yearly lease, you are bound to keep them unless you have a just cause to get rid of them. Okay, you're bound you have to keep them. So what are just causes? There are fewer than you think. Okay, I don't want to give you legal advice as a landlord right now. But you can call O'Brien Legal Services LS law. He'd be happy to help you as a landlord to make up the lease the proper way and to make sure you don't get stuck. There are just causes, but they must be just causes according to the law. So in essence, all leases are perpetual leases. Yeah, you see that, and you can thank Jared Newsom for that.
Speaker 5: Jared Newsom polus.
Speaker 4: We should really, what we really should do is just call ourselves California West. It would just be easier and then just adopt all their laws because that's what he wants.
Speaker 5: I swear to God, he doesn't have a thought that's original. Let's see what should I do next. Let's see. I'll go and ask Gavin. But that's what's going on.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if you looked at the map of the country, Colorado's still that little blue island in California with him. I mean, they love it and it'll be to their detriment this state.
Speaker 5: You know what, God Almighty, what a great state at once was what a great city the new mayor's and by the way, they didn't they just increase the taxes for for aid.
Speaker 4: They did, they did ye, our taxes will go up even more now. I didn't mean to rag on you, Sandy, but call ols Law O'Brien Legal Services. Let me give you that number. I'm serious about it. He's a good guy. And by the way, he's not political at all, by the way I was saying all this stuff. He's just an attorney. He's a great guy. He knows real estate. Seven to zero three seven zero, seventy three eighty eight. That's O'Brien Legal Services. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven, one, three.
Speaker 5: Eight two five five. By the way, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: And by the if you ever get a chance, go to YouTube on the YouTube channel and join us, and I think you'll love it on and off the air, and sometimes it's livelier than others. But we always have our morons talking to each other on there. That's what I affectionately call them, our YouTube morons.
Speaker 5: And uh that mean that's a compliment.
Speaker 4: By the thay Lou wants to talk about an autobody shop or he is a question?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Lou, what's happened in Lou?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 17: Tom, I got a simple question. I live in the in the front range, but my son is temporarily living in Denver with his brother and he was in a motor vehicle accident and everything is fine. But his car is on the side of the road in the street right now.
Speaker 5: Now is this your son? Your son in law? You say, no.
Speaker 17: My son and he's the vehicle together.
Speaker 4: So okay, sure, okay, So son's car where is it right now?
Speaker 17: It's on in front of his brother's house in Denver on the street.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's not going to stay there long, you know, you understand that it is either going to be robbed or stripped, or it's going to be taken away by the city.
Speaker 5: What city is it?
Speaker 17: What it would be Denver, Okay?
Speaker 5: And is he in the snow area where they plow.
Speaker 17: I guess he would be, yes.
Speaker 4: I mean do they plow that street. A lot of streets they don't plow.
Speaker 17: I believe that I leave they plow that street.
Speaker 5: And well, really, how bad is the car? Is it drivable at all?
Speaker 17: No, it's probably it might end up being totaled. Actually, it's a twenty twelve Ford Mustang. And we had an adjuster out to look at it from the insurance company. We haven't quite heard back from them yet, because I thought before we got it towed away to a repair shop, we should maybe just have an adjuster check it, because if they're going to total it, you know, why even bring it to a repair.
Speaker 4: Shop, because that's where they want to see it, and they'll pay for that. Most assurance policies will pay for towing it to a body shop.
Speaker 3: Marl.
Speaker 17: And I'm not too worried about that. We can get it towed to the body to the body shop, but I was checking. You know, you're referral list and I don't see any body shops. I don't know if you guys have anything.
Speaker 5: Well there. Well, here's the problem.
Speaker 4: We've really been deficient on some categories because it's hard to.
Speaker 5: Find good people.
Speaker 4: It's not just we can't make a recommendation, but as far as officially on the referral list, we may not have anybody. But I want to know this, what where are you?
Speaker 5: What area?
Speaker 23: Well?
Speaker 17: He is on East twenty fifth Street and Downing in Denver, Okay five point five points.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if he needs a good there there's a good body shop in Aurora. I thought it was Aurora or Autobody, but they've been They used to be with us.
Speaker 5: They're good people. Let me make sure they're there, you know.
Speaker 4: Again, I apologize that we won't just put someone on the referral list to fill.
Speaker 5: A vacancy.
Speaker 4: No, it's Colorado Autobody. Yeah, Colorado Auto Body. They're not bad people. We used to have them, you know. And I'll tell you what though, there are some people over the years, I can tell you where we don't get complaints. That's one of them. Another one is I don't Perry and Terry. I don't know they're still around again. See so many companies come and go. I've been here for so long. Perry and Terry used to be a wonderful auto body shop. And again they're still there. They have five star ratings and and Terry Terry and Terry, uh huh. And then we're not talking cheap now, we're talking good auto body shops.
Speaker 17: Right yeah. Now, I mean if we can get it fixed, we're going to get it fixed the right way.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're going to value the car, they can do that too, or not value, but value to give you an accurate price so you can get it totaled if you need to. And again you're gonna have to deal with your insurance company on the total value of the car.
Speaker 5: But if you ever have.
Speaker 4: And most insurance companies they're going to try to low ball you on the value. Okay, they're just going to try to do that. Whose fault was this accident?
Speaker 17: It was probably his, yes, okay, So.
Speaker 5: On the value of the car.
Speaker 4: If you need ever need help establishing the value and you think your insurance is being unfair to you, you need to call. You need to go on a refer list refer list dot com, and you need to go to Petty Details p E T T Y petty details.
Speaker 5: Okay, and they can.
Speaker 4: Give you a pretty good price petty details. Yeah, so start there. And again, let's see, I was going to tell you about some other I believe caliber. Caliber is a caliber collision that they're not bad. And I'm only going by I'm only going by complaint history.
Speaker 5: We haven't gotten complaints about Caliber either A right, so Caliber Perry and Terry Colorado Autobody.
Speaker 4: There's there's some really good body shops.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, okay, I wouldn't go.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't go to like fast food ones.
Speaker 17: But yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 12: And you can tell it.
Speaker 17: Sounds like rather than waiting to hear from this adjuster that we should just get the car towed away, then well, of course.
Speaker 5: You should or you're gonna lose it. I mean either one.
Speaker 4: I mean, and adjusters don't like coming to houses to do that, especially in bad weather.
Speaker 5: But you know it's up to you.
Speaker 17: They did, they did. They came three days ago.
Speaker 5: Oh so they already they oh they already then valued it.
Speaker 17: Well they didn't they they came on Monday.
Speaker 4: But they will value it, is what I mean. They've already examined it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well technically, but we haven't heard anything back, and I'm waiting for days here.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you will on the street, you will, you'll hear from them. I mean, if they came out, they're going to do something. Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Speaking of cars, one Clear Choice Garage Doors will take a look at your garage doors and do an inspection. I think it's like eighty bucks if you're moving into a house. But they also do complete openers, any part of the opener, any part of the door, complete doors, and they're factory authorized for most doors. That's one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. And I'm telling you no one does a better job. Seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Rich, We've had steady calls. Keep calling and you can always call three zho three Martino at any time and we'll line you up for a show.
Speaker 5: Rich, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 7: I was actually just calling about a problem I'm having with Excel Energy and claim.
Speaker 11: This I had put in.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what's going on with Excel?
Speaker 14: We had and I'm not sure exactly what happened, but some type of a short in our backyard. So it didn't happen at my box, but at their supply coming in.
Speaker 5: Now, how do you know? How do you know you had a short?
Speaker 17: Well, I don't know if it's a short.
Speaker 14: All I know is the technician that came out. So it started off fire our box in the backyard, and then it electrified my box. I tried to go and.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, wait a minute. So you just happen to look out one day and see a fire in your junction box our neighbor.
Speaker 14: Actually it was during the holiday the last holiday came.
Speaker 5: And the neighbor noticed it while we're in the house. Correct, And where what box are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about the transformer that goes to your house or something else that affects more than just your house?
Speaker 16: So I know that to shut it off they have to show off several houses.
Speaker 4: So the fire the box was in a junction box. It wasn't just your house.
Speaker 17: Correct.
Speaker 23: I think it just affected my home only though, until they shut off the supply.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what happened.
Speaker 16: Then, well, electrified my box.
Speaker 14: I did try to go out and shut shut it off.
Speaker 5: Now what do you mean shut off?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 4: Shut off your break rain? Yeah, okay, my main Okay, what.
Speaker 14: Happened shocked me. It shocked me, so you know, of course, So.
Speaker 4: It shocked you when you tried to touch the off switch.
Speaker 14: No, just to even open my box, That's.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, oh, just to even open it. The whole thing was electrified.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes. And then and in the house, my.
Speaker 20: Wife was baking, the oven blew out. A lot of different things did happen. I mean, it's a multitude a list of things that actually went out.
Speaker 5: And now are they denying it's their problem.
Speaker 14: Yes, through the claim process. Yes, they are saying that they recognize that it happened, but due to some state statute that they're not liable.
Speaker 4: Did they quote the statute?
Speaker 14: They did, and I don't have any of that stuff in front me.
Speaker 17: I do apologize.
Speaker 14: My wife's been working really hard.
Speaker 5: How much did all of this come to?
Speaker 16: Roughly around six or seven thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. Now you do have homeowners insurance that will cover it.
Speaker 24: We do, and that's I think that's one of the main reasons I wanted to call you, is just to get advice.
Speaker 16: Uh, but I'd hate to make a claim knowing that.
Speaker 14: It counts against me.
Speaker 4: All right, why don't you hold on and we'll get our insurance expert. Hang on, Okay, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven, seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero exteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped off new You need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 18: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 18: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martina here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three.
Speaker 4: He's seven one three eight two five five. We're here to help you solve problems, to answer questions, to shake complaints, to make your life a little easier. And Dan McKenzie is an estate planning attorney that I hope you avail yourself of.
Speaker 5: He's a great guy.
Speaker 4: He's a little he's a small enough firm to give you personal attention, big enough to get everything done you need. He's very creative with his estate planning, and he can do offshore trust as well regular trusts, irrevocable trust.
Speaker 5: Really you want to talked to him?
Speaker 4: Eight three three co Plans eight three three co O P L A N S.
Speaker 5: That's uh Dan McKenzie. Uh.
Speaker 4: You can also reach him at Coeplans dot COO mackenzie law. Okay, Uh. Back to the phones and let's talk to Hugh. Hey, Hugh, what's happening with you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know you've never heard that before?
Speaker 18: Have you?
Speaker 25: Shre not once?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So what's going on?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 25: I got a question for you. So we live in a house at has It's called a groundwater well. It's only like a forty foot deep well. We have super hard water. And so I've tried everything, you know, I finally decided I'm gonna need to break down and put in our system. But I'm on a septic well and I'm really worried about on it at Brian down the septic and up to the leach field. And I know you had the water pro guy on. I was just curious what your guys' opinions were on that.
Speaker 5: Let me get him on and ask him. Let me ask him. I don't think you have a big problem with it. I will tell you this.
Speaker 4: You will not find a better system anywhere for the price, and do not.
Speaker 5: Why are we getting that? Now? I'm getting an echo? Is that his headset? That could be Hugh? Put you on hold for a second.
Speaker 4: Now, see it went away, Yes, Hughes, somehow your phone was echoing back.
Speaker 5: But here's what it is.
Speaker 4: Let me just explain this to you, Hugh, the water softener, do not fall for Halo. Okay, because they're gonna tell all Halo is a bunch of magnets and they're going to tell you that it aligns the water, will soften the water, will help the water. Please don't do that. It's very expensive. There will be no brine. You're right, there will be no rinsing because they don't do anything now scientifically, they just don't change the chemistry of the water. Now what they tell you is they change the molectugular alignment. Please, we have done time and time again have gone out for damage that hard water did after Halo. That's my opinion based on what I've seen. So let's get Paul the waterman on to answer this question, because I believe it's a good question.
Speaker 5: Now I have a.
Speaker 4: Question for Henry. Henry is with Excel roofing, and I have a text. They want to know about composite roofing. They say, I hear you can get composite roofing that looks like tile, that looks like slate, that even looks like asphalt. I mean, what is it all the same material? When they say composite what do they mean? And that is a good question, actually, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, So composite is going to be referencing those kind of synthetic plastic kindrich They're.
Speaker 5: Not all the same. You have different composites.
Speaker 13: Right, yeah, absolutely, and some of them they'll be like, I mean F Wave would fit that category. That's a really hail resistant roof. They try to say it's hail and.
Speaker 5: What does it look like when it's on f wave.
Speaker 12: It looks a lot like a shingle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a normal asphalt roof.
Speaker 13: Like I said, there's different types of composite right now, I get it. You can do like a plastic DaVinci that's gonna look like a slate roof. You can do different types of Dvinci that look like a you know, rounded tile roof, and so there's there's a lot of different options. It's really good when you want to upgrade from asphalt to something like a tile roof, but you don't have a structural engineer, so you can't bear that weight, right.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, I think it's silly to do real stuff now when you have composites, well, you know.
Speaker 13: It's arguable between tile and like a composite tile or something like that. When you're talking slate, natural slate is very expensive, right, and so going towards a composite or a synthetic slate is a way better option.
Speaker 5: Plus, slate's more breakable.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's brittle.
Speaker 13: It could sustain some hail damage compared to like a divinch slate.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what are you saying if you want a slate, look, you go with a composite.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, we really like composits.
Speaker 4: And what is the most right now on the market, the most hail resistant roof, The most hail resistant roof is going to be euro Shield.
Speaker 13: You know there it's a rubber based roof, right, and so it's going to be very very hail resistant. It's somewhat new to the market. We've installed a couple of them. They have some issues here and there. You know, f Wave came up before and that sometimes buckles, right if it's not installed according to their specs, or it can have defects that you.
Speaker 12: Like euro Shield, Yeah, your Euroshield is great.
Speaker 13: Like I said, though, these these products they come to market and then a little while down the road sometimes we find issues with them.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go to Paul the Waterman, Paul, Paul doubting. He's with waterpros dot Net. I always sing their praises. Now he was on a well, he's got extremely hard water and he wants to put on a water softening for the whole house. But Paul, he's concerned about the brine rints that they do of the filter media. And and of course that's what they use it for. People mistakingly think they put salt in the drinking water.
Speaker 5: They do not.
Speaker 4: The salt is used to rinse out the media that the filters.
Speaker 5: So would that do damage?
Speaker 4: He's on a septic as well, so he's on septic and well, so what effect do your softeners have for his septic?
Speaker 26: So Wafts, it's an ion exchange, it's a chemical exchange process. So you're never putting raw sodium chloride in a septic system.
Speaker 4: No, no, but when you but hold on, but when you rinse the media, where does that water go?
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's what I'm trying to explain to you.
Speaker 26: Okay, Pard, This is calcium carbonate and then sodium chloride is the detergent. So the exchange process means that calcium and the chloride go down the drain. That's not a salt. The byproduct which comes out of the tap water is sodium carbonate, which is baking soda. That's not an aggressive salt. However, Tom, if he's on well water, he's really gonna want to think about doing a dual tank softener because.
Speaker 2: Remember this single tank water.
Speaker 26: Softeners have no choice but to use the same dirty water and backwashing.
Speaker 2: So in the city water you can set them up really efficient. But if you've got really extreme water, hard water and well water.
Speaker 26: He's going to want a dual tank system because then a dual tank system alternates tank so he always has clean water, but it takes clean water from one tank to.
Speaker 2: Backflush the other tank, so he uses less water and less salt that.
Speaker 26: Way, and then he's as sure to always have one hundred percent soft water. Remember the folks up in Golden that had that heating system that they tried the halo and it didn't work.
Speaker 5: We had a set no, in fact hold on. It ruined their.
Speaker 26: Boiler, that's right, that ruined it exactly. So a dual tank system, a dual tank softener is the secret when you have extreme hard water, because what will happen is that if you've got a single tank system and the water is extremely hard. Eventually that single tank softener gets overrun and you'll get.
Speaker 2: Hard water bleed.
Speaker 4: Through no matter what you do, because you're using hard water to rinse the media.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's it, That's absolutely correct. See city water.
Speaker 26: You can get away with it because the water hardness is not bad, right, it's you know, up to twenty grains, we can still operate efficiently. But if you're above twenty grains, you're getting close to thirty to fifty grains per gallon. No way a single tank system is.
Speaker 2: Going to work.
Speaker 5: And do you know how many grains you have are you of hardness? Q?
Speaker 3: Is on?
Speaker 25: That's that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: How many grains of hardness is your water? Do you know?
Speaker 25: I think it's around ninety?
Speaker 2: Yes, A dual tanks off HU, A single tank won't work. You're gonna we're gonna over there's not enough soldiers in the fight. Now, keep in mind you you don't want to do a super size system like a sixty thousand grain because you're not gonna have enough water flow from a well water.
Speaker 26: System to flush that unit properly.
Speaker 3: Okay, full rate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know you want a dual tank. You know a dual tank thirty two thousand grain per unit that'll work.
Speaker 12: Well that you need.
Speaker 2: You need a dual tank, so.
Speaker 26: You can, you know, alternate accordingly, and then what will happen is you're gonna want to how old is the wealth?
Speaker 25: Oh, gosh, twenty years, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so you'll be all right if it's brand new. Brand new wells can take up to a year to settle. But if you're just dealing with ninety grain, if you're dealing with ninety grain the hardness, that you're definitely gonna want a dual tank system to even give a shot.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: I want to clarify something though, and you can put you back on hold because he has that feedback issue. I want to clarify something. The stuff come out of the wash when you rinse the filters and you use that combination of sodium chloride and whatever does it.
Speaker 5: What goes down the.
Speaker 26: Drain I'm gonna go drain is sodium bicarbonate.
Speaker 4: It's baking soda, okay, because the two of those because the two of those elements make baking soda.
Speaker 2: Right, So it's an ion exchange.
Speaker 26: So remember if you write calcium carbonate on one side, and then you write sodium chloride on the other right, The calcium chloride go down the drain, the sodium carbonate comes.
Speaker 2: Out of the faucet. That's the ion exchange.
Speaker 26: But you's got a bigger problem. Tom his TVs. His water's not safe to drink if you're at.
Speaker 5: Ninety No, No, I get it. I get it. So, Paul, I'm sorry for being so ignorant.
Speaker 4: So going down the drain is a salty water, is that right?
Speaker 2: Going going Okay? Sodium carbonate is baking soda.
Speaker 26: Okay, so that's not salt going down. Going down the drain.
Speaker 2: Is calcium chloride.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not a salt Okay, sorry, thank you, thank you, Paul, I appreciate that. So you're not really overloading your septic system with anything that will harm it.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 26: That's what That's exactly correct. It's really technical that people forget of the ion exchange process. This is where you know you're separating the molecule. Calcium is attached, right, and so you know the calcium chloride, right, Remember, calcium and the chloride go down the drain.
Speaker 5: That's not a.
Speaker 26: Salt system that's going to kill the bacteria. Or erode the concrete. If it's a concrete sept it won't happen.
Speaker 5: Okay, But with the water this hard.
Speaker 26: It's unsafe to drink because it's total dissolved solid levels close to fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: That's three times the state liment. I get it, the states.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, so so you would recommend though if he does a softener that for drinking water, he would want to use something else, right.
Speaker 2: He needs reverse osmosis, you bet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that combination would be a little more expensive than your special if you're dealing with dual tank right.
Speaker 26: Correct, correct, But here's the other thing too.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Remember the byproduct.
Speaker 26: Is sodium carbonate, which is baking soda at fifteen hundred TVs.
Speaker 2: Even with the water softener.
Speaker 26: He's going to get white powder by his faucets and fixtures because it's the baking.
Speaker 2: Soda is going to basically, you know, come out of solution when when you're dealing with one.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: So tell me this, what would if he combine drinking water with that system? What would that combination on a very hard well cost.
Speaker 2: About forty four hundred bucks?
Speaker 5: Well, that's not terrible, no.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, forty four hundred bucks is what he's looking at.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hugh, this this to me. That's may really.
Speaker 4: I mean the regular ones are thirty one ninety five with his special right now so that you ought to give him a call from It's three oh three eight six two five five five four three oh three eight six two five five five four and that's Waterpros dot net. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I I'm Tom Martine. You're troubleshure. Hey listen, I've been telling you this, so I'm just going to repeat it. It's not a big deal, but it is something that you need to know about. In the registered investment industry, where you go to an RIA a registered investment advisor, you're probably.
Speaker 5: About ninety eight to ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Percent of the time involved in something called TAMP turnkey asset management programs. This is where advisors sign on to be advisors with a giant firm. And what they do is they take your money when you invest it and I'm not saying they're bad guys, and they shake your hand, and they do a questionnaire and they take your money and put it with Schwab and then this giant investment advisor does all of the investing in all of the babysitting, and these guys that you think are your advisors sit there and collect a commission that's honest to god the industry, and they all you just ask them, are you part of the TAMP program? The turnkey asset management program where you are letting a bigger advisor manage all my money. Now, if you don't mind that, that's okay. But don't make the illusion of thinking that this middleman is your advisor. You're most likely going to pay more fees because of it, and you're not going to get personalized attention.
Speaker 5: That's just a fact of life. Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, again, I don't want to put anybody down. What I am going to tell you is my company I started on purpose because of this six years ago for me, and I started it just for me.
Speaker 5: I hired advisors just for me and started.
Speaker 4: Gaining wealth because of it, and I decided I need to let other people know about it. So we of course retain legal counsel and did everything it took to become registered with the State Securities Commission, and that's what we did. So right now, all I'm saying is this, if you want someone to work side by side with you with every dollar they have invested along with you, then you're going to find very few of those people. And I'm one of them. That's just the way it is. Wave eight Wealthmanagement dot Com. The number eight, now that's a mouthful, So you can just go invest with Martino dot com.
Speaker 5: It goes to the same place.
Speaker 4: We have had tremendous results with people that are very happy with this level of service and babysitting and compliance and reporting all of it. That's why pledged to you personalized and I work with many professionals, but we don't outsource anything. In fact, we're working with Vesta Turnty Vestia. If you want to be part of that real estate thing. But you don't want to put in the minimum investment, we are going to do that.
Speaker 5: If you want to do annuities, we can do that, and.
Speaker 4: We're doing it with our partners, so we can handle it for you. And I want you to know, one hundred percent, I've been here forty five years, one hundred percent of my money, my investment money, is with this company. There are people who do it for themselves. You're never going to satisfy them. There are people like literally babiesit their investments each and every day.
Speaker 5: If you can do that and you have the knowledge and know how you can do that.
Speaker 4: There are people that invest in their own businesses and they keep their money tied up there.
Speaker 5: Of course you can't do that.
Speaker 4: Then you have those who depend on other professionals. We want to be that professional. It's that simple. I've earned your trust over forty five years, and I can tell you I am I am putting my money where my mouth is and the number is three all three seven seven to one help three all three seven seven one four three five seven.
Speaker 5: I feel strongly about this because I learned the hard way again.
Speaker 4: You know, even with success, I wanted to know why I'm in something, why I'm not in something? Can I do better? So you should get a free look no matter what. And I promise you if you're doing well, you're doing well, I have more.
Speaker 5: Power to you.
Speaker 4: It's like the uh the investment checkup, like Compass does the insurance checkup. And speaking of checkups, so that's ero three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven or invest with Martino dot com.
Speaker 5: Only a fool wouldn't want to at least look at what they have right, at least just look at it now now.
Speaker 4: Also when it comes to roofing and inspections, somebody wants to know what if they don't know if they need a roof Henry with Excel Roofing dot com, what if they don't know, do you take Do you do free inspections on a roof if they suspect damage or repairs are needed.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we absolutely do free honest inspections.
Speaker 5: There's a lot that's important.
Speaker 12: It is so as that work, so our inspections.
Speaker 13: We don't want to push a consumer to make any decision that you know that is not in the of course interest of course not because if they file a claim and they don't have damage, it goes on their record. So we want to go out and make sure that we really give a truthful evaluation of whether or not they have hail damage or any kind of damage, and from then they can go file an insurance claim or make any necessary repairs.
Speaker 4: You said something important that Compass Insurance always says are insurance experts for casualty.
Speaker 5: And home and car and all that.
Speaker 4: If you call your insurance company, just call them and say, we had a hailstorm in our neighborhood. We don't want to file a claim, We just want to know if we have damage.
Speaker 5: And then you never do anything else.
Speaker 4: Ever, Let's say you don't call back to schedule the adjuster, you.
Speaker 5: Don't put in a claim. That phone call, I swear to God counts against you, doesn't it?
Speaker 12: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: And you know when people call Excel Roofing, sometimes we'll go out there and we won't find damage, and sometimes people will be a little upset that they can't get a new roof. But we're not going to push people towards raising their rates.
Speaker 4: Right because if they called an insurance adjuster, okay, so I say, and even if you didn't make an appointment with an insurance adjuster.
Speaker 5: The call counts against you.
Speaker 4: So now let's say the adjuster comes out and finds no damage, it.
Speaker 5: Counts against you absolutely.
Speaker 4: Now let's say they find damage under your deductible and you pay for one hundred percent of it, it counts against you. So in all three cases it's considered a claim. I swear it is the most unbelievable actuarial information.
Speaker 5: They use against you.
Speaker 4: It is crazy, but that's what they do. Yep, that's what they do anyway. So always call people who can come out and look at it first, but don't ever accept a contract or an estimate that doesn't outline one hundred percent of each detail, the materials, the labor, the incidentals go ahead.
Speaker 13: So the largest thing that really sets us apart if you get the call from customers is we.
Speaker 5: Didn't have enough damage or we didn't have a large enough project.
Speaker 13: For other companies, we want to come out and service each homeowner with their individual needs. Just because you have a minor detail that needs to be fixed, we will be attentive.
Speaker 5: Okay, even if it's small.
Speaker 12: Even if it's small.
Speaker 5: Now here's the other thing. So only get a.
Speaker 4: Roofer who first and foremost will look at the roof and inspect it without you signing anything. That's number one, okay, So then number two, the resulting report should be handed to you, no meeting with the adjuster, handed to you, and one hundred percent of all details should be disclosed. That is how much, what are the materials, what are the incidentals, and what is the label? Okay, So now you got nothing signed and a detailed specified contract.
Speaker 5: Number three, not one penny should you pay at that time? Not one penny? Not one penny?
Speaker 4: That is so important if they want it walk away. That's those are the three primary things I want now. After that, when they come and start the work or they deliver material, you may decide with the roof for this is up to you if you want to pay as you go, but I still recommend now, I recommend what Excel does. One hundred percent is paid at the end when you're done. So those are the ways to absolutely positively protect yourself in a roofing contract. One hundred percent positively protect yourself in a roofing contract. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 4: Contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one.
Speaker 5: Three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Still time for calls if you want to get right through and talk to us. Any follow ups from Deputy Doc or Deputy Bo any other follow up sers?
Speaker 21: All right now, dev Deputy Bow has left the building.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Deputy Doc, you're not working on anything.
Speaker 5: All right now?
Speaker 21: Some stuff.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to get a hold of an Ada attorney because remember we had that lady who's having problems with access to her apartment. And the research I did was that if it was built before in nineteen ninety one, some statutes may not apply. So I'm trying to get I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Get oh you mean for she what was she want to get her place? Redone? For a wheelchair?
Speaker 21: Right right? And so.
Speaker 9: What I looked up was that prior tonight, if the building was built prior to nineteen ninety one, certain things don't have to be done. But I'm trying to find the attorney that I can talk to and see if there are exceptions or if there's anything we can do to force them to do it. But I'll let you know the outcome of that.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you. And at Dimitri, do you have, Deputy d do you have anything going on?
Speaker 27: Yeah, you know, a very disappointing case with cobblestone car walls.
Speaker 4: Which is not only not only disappointing, but I think they suck.
Speaker 27: Oh you took the words right out of my mouth.
Speaker 5: Talk about that, bro.
Speaker 27: Well you know you may recall that a few days ago a gentleman out of Lakewood named Gael calta Is because his car was damaged in May.
Speaker 4: I believe now it was damaged by this cobblestone car wash at Wadsworth and Jewel Go.
Speaker 27: Ahead, yeah, nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 4: He said it went on a conveyor and it was put into neutral and the belt pulled him too close to a brush.
Speaker 27: Well, you know, we don't know if it was the belt or the brush got too close, but we do know based on what he said, there was an impact against this car and it damaged one of his side view mirrors. Cust him about five hundred bucks to replace the mirror, and then to add insult to injury, they even though he told them to immediately cancel his membership, they kept charging him for three more months.
Speaker 5: Of but they told him to cancel, they kicked.
Speaker 27: He told them to cancel, and to add this insult to injury, they kept charging him for three more months until he finally had his bank stop payments on these charges. And despite my best efforts to reach them, uh, you know, I called a couple of times. I texted twice. I emailed is this a chain the Stone? Yeah, they're based out of Arizona and they have multiple locations here in the metro area. But here's the only response that they sent me. Dear Dmitri, at Cobblestone car Wash, we're dedicated to the maintaining the highest standards of customer satisfaction, quality and safety. We take all customer concerns seriously as well as we do our better to call. Oh it's total crap. I'm sorry about my language response. Yeah, and and we prioritize addressing any issues that may arise at our locations. However, they couldn't. They did not address these issues with me or with the consumer himself.
Speaker 5: They take it seriously.
Speaker 27: Oh yeah, they like you can see how they responded to him. So this is going to court. Gail is going to file.
Speaker 5: Did he find a registered agent?
Speaker 27: Yeah, he and I searched they were We did finally find when it wasn't easy, so cobbles. We did find a record of a company called Cobblestone Denver UPco LLC, and I assume OpCo means operating company. They have another one called prop co, which I assume means property company. But anyway, I did trace the address on that filing at the Secretary of State's office to Cobblestone's headquarters in Arizona. And this company, uh, Cobblestone Denver OpCo has a local registered agent. So assuming that's the same company, which it sure looks like it from where I am, Gail is going to file a smell School claims action and he's going to keep us apro of the activity this generates. I think it's going to be fascinating. Oh yeah, but I did. There's a little more research on the company. There's an enormous number of the same kind of complaints against them and.
Speaker 5: Its They take them very serious, very seriously. They don't do anything about them. They just take them serious.
Speaker 27: The surprising part was a two Denver news TV stations also did stories really what looks to me like carbon copy complaints. So I personally would not go to Cobblestone to get my car.
Speaker 21: And I know about two years ago, Tom.
Speaker 5: But Dobblestone, Wait when you were you mean with us, with you guys.
Speaker 27: How did that turn out? Did they get back to you?
Speaker 21: I got the same kind of stone wall, and the guy.
Speaker 5: Just I didn't know that. I didn't realize.
Speaker 9: That it was cobblestone and it wasn't enough damage. The guy didn't want to go through it, so just too care of it himself. But it was the same stone wall that you got, Dmitri.
Speaker 27: Yeah, you know, if if they were the last car wash on Earth, I would be driving the dirtiest car you've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Now that's you know what it really sucks.
Speaker 4: This is where, by the way, this is where reviews come in very handy.
Speaker 5: Uh go online and review them now. By the way.
Speaker 4: Also, if you ever do uh ever, do stop by tell them you know, I'm not going to use this place.
Speaker 5: Uh. This is the one I heard about on the Martino Show and I'm not I'm not going to use them.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three o three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino, here, how about this text? I think it's tongue in cheek. I'm driving a truck in the Ukraine. He's listening to me and wants to leave the war.
Speaker 4: Can you Apple pay me five hundred bucks so I can move to Aurora, Colorado. I'm fighting the war, so I need to duck out real soon. Where is Mark? He's a real humanitarian? Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 5: By the way, they're saying that because I supposedly got an email from a Ukrainian soldier who found a bundle of US cash and wants me to take it. So that's going on there, and she wants to meet me in London. Now that part's scary, the fact that London. What do you think would happen if I showed up there? Would I be mugged? Think about that? That could be dangerous. Huh. All right.
Speaker 4: I want to just rem find you that our guest today was Excel Roofing Jay Bretts. I know not Jaj is the the did dad. Henry's the sun.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 4: It's basically a family operation and Henry has been here and just remind you you can reach him at three O three seven sixty one sixty four hundred Excelroofing dot com.
Speaker 5: Now listen, they have a complete repair crew and that's very important because they don't just do roofing installations. Like a lot of these companies, but they'll.
Speaker 4: Repair and help you with every aspect of the roof system, including the attic, the attic ventilation and installation. So, Henry, when we're talking about roofs, what about gutters? Do you are do you still do gutter cleaning?
Speaker 12: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Okay? How do you guys do that? Is that? Is that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 13: So for one story it's two ninety nine and uh two story it goes up to a three.
Speaker 5: Ninety nine, So that's it. That's great.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's just a flat rate and we use you know, we'll get up there. We have a special vacuum that we've actum all the down spouts out with and also just the regular.
Speaker 5: Gutters, so and the hoses too or what absolutely see.
Speaker 4: Gutter cleaning is dangerous people if you don't get gutter protection of some kind.
Speaker 5: And the jury's out on that. Some people say they cause problems, but Excel Roofing will also do that. Three oho three seven six one sixty four hundred and don't forget folks, Wave eight Wealth Management. I want you to take me up on it for a free review. Three oh three seven seven to one help and save all your problems for me