Speaker 1: I'm I'm gonna be a little salty for reasons. Reasons.
Speaker 2: I'm sure some of you, if you have listened to the show for any length of time, probably realize I'm a really really pouring my efforts into Bundesliga. Now, Oh, son of a oh, I hate our system sometimes, come on, there we go every single day. Man, all right, I have I have a confession to make. I have, for as long as I can remember, taking an active interest in football. And I thought I knew about it because I did play some football.
Speaker 1: In high school too, And I get I don't know.
Speaker 2: What a throw looks like. I guess apparently I have no idea. And if any of you watch the game last night, the Vikings getting that touchdown, the defensive touchdown in the second quarter call back over what apparently was mysteriously a throw, I don't know if that would have changed it, but it definitely would have been a momentum thing. But then I started. You go as a fan into your dark place, man, like it's something clicked yesterday. And if you're one of those who's a little conspiratorial thinks.
Speaker 1: Maybe the NFL might want.
Speaker 2: To exert control over a you know, their biggest moneymaker of the year. Those thoughts creep into your head. Who did we put ross? Do you know who we played last night? You know which team we played last night? The Vikings? You played the Rams of the ram Okay, where are.
Speaker 3: The Rams out of I believe it's a Californa you oh, but northern California or I know, southern southern San Diego.
Speaker 1: No, San Diego, San Diego.
Speaker 3: Further further south, I believe, yeah, further Mexico. No, no, nope, somewhere in the middle. There's sort of oh.
Speaker 1: South of north, north of Sandy, I got you, yeah, yeah, no, it's l a.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, I see Okay. Where were the Saints from the year the Year of Katrina?
Speaker 3: I believe that's the New Orleans Saints?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, knowledge who Dad? Where that?
Speaker 3: Where dad at? That is south of bon tomp Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, all right? Who nine to eleven? Nine to eleven? Right now? Who won the Super Bowl right after nine eleven? Do we know.
Speaker 3: That was the Patriots? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh? Wow, that's strange.
Speaker 2: Where were what city had two of their flights connected to it that we're used on nine to eleven?
Speaker 3: Do you uh?
Speaker 1: Oh? What city. Was that to Massachusetts somewhere. I'm not saying, I'm just wondering.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, football is stupid.
Speaker 1: Just ah, But is it rigged? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now we lost the Rams during the regular season whatever, but now obviously things have changed. The game was played in Phoenix, although when I say Phoenix, people get mad, they go Glendale. Glendale's just it's a suburb of Phoenix. So do you know the name of the stadium in Phoenix that they play in? State Farm Insurance Stadium. So that's there's a little bit of irony there, just with what's going on. But and La is the number two media markets. Oh thrower still out there?
Speaker 1: AnyWho? There we go. I don't know, one and done and I don't I don't know what we do with that. Man, very very depressing there.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, this seating makes no sense because I was checking it out last night and I'm like, I don't understand that you guys were seated lower than the Rams, right, weren't you like the fifth seed or something and they were the fourth?
Speaker 1: Well, we didn't win our division. It's so dumb, though we were a wildcard.
Speaker 3: It's just so dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, I don't disagree. And then there's actually been worse. There was a fifteen team, a fourteen win team that had to play a seeded like.
Speaker 1: Five hundred team.
Speaker 2: I mean that's just you know, because you win your division, those are the top seeds, and then obviously the wildcart comes in there. I don't have an objection to playing the Rams. It just I bet they do really good next week.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If my theory holds it, I don't know, maybe not, maybe this want to give him an extra week, but it's frustrated. And then we scored nine points in our last two games, although arguably that touched it. We got robbed on that touchdown. I set ross the video so you watch the videos.
Speaker 1: I look like a throw to you.
Speaker 3: No, no, it does not look like any incomplete pass if anything. I mean, it looks like a fumble. Looks like if you could maybe argue for intentional grounding, but I can't.
Speaker 1: And I was willing to entertain that. But if you look at it slow his it looks.
Speaker 2: Like the ball is moving in his hands, So I think him extending his arm is about trying to regain control of that ball.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: And I don't even blame Stafford for you know, the whole theater part of it, where's like always throwing, Like I understand the players are going to do it, but it's not up to the players.
Speaker 1: It's up to the referees.
Speaker 2: And you had the two Manning brothers and UNC head coach Bill Belichick. If you watched their version of it, the Manning cast like they don't think it's a and I would argue that the Mannings might be experts on this. Belichick doesn't either. But you know, let's let's let's go with the two guys who threw the ball their entire lives and they're like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Man? So all right? Said to get that that off the chest. It's all rigged. And if LA wins the Super Bowl this year, I wouldn't be surprised or the very least my Now.
Speaker 2: I will say this, there is there is a slight moment of relief on one issue, and that's our issue.
Speaker 1: Ross Like I now, that's not going to come to pass this year. Like we we mentioned this on the show, there was a real nightmare scenario if the Vikings bills are in a super Bowl about you hate that, but at least the one team who hadn't won would urge. Would have been the upside there.
Speaker 2: But now, all right, I am. I'm gonna be magnanimous. I'm gonna be like a somebody pulling out of the primaries. I'm backing you guys. Okay, unless you don't want me to because you think I'm cursed, And then.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. I I mean, I didn't feel good about this past week. I will keup on Sunday the game you're ill mood. I woke up and Mark, he's like, what's wrong. I'm like, we're losing today, but thank god you were the first game, Yeah, one o'clock game. And then so as soon as they won, people are like, oh, you have to be so excited. I'm like, the Ravens are gonna kill us.
Speaker 1: No, he's just stressing for next week.
Speaker 2: And you know, and that's the other thing too, if you want to, you want to kind of look at this stuff.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: That's not to say that both the Bills and Ravens didn't earn a spot in the playoffs. I want to be a montently clear here, but do you understand how excite did probably sexually. The NFL head offices that the Ravens and Alan basically, yeah, these two quarterbacks have to face each other.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be an amazing game. Marky's like, you know, why are you so? You know, She's like, you're manifesting this negativity with your two Wait hold on, man, what a big It's a big thing now. Manifesting, Well, there's two types.
Speaker 2: There's legitimate, like manifesting is a legitimate thing and it's about instilling spirits, you know, and I'm Catholic and all of that. And then there's the weird TikTok girls. You're like, you can manifest money. So your wife's talking about the normal one, I hope.
Speaker 3: Well, like law of attraction type stuff, which is fine. That's yes. This goes back to like Oprah and the Secret like decades ago and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Manifestation though, is like a big thing now, like like you said, the zoomer is on TikTok and stuff where they think it's a genie, where it's gonna sit around.
Speaker 2: There's are different Yeah, I need a new Porsche. Let's manifest a Porsche.
Speaker 3: Why are you so negative, and I'm like, I've been following this team since nineteen eighty five, right for me to be negative of The Bills were up twenty one to seven in the fourth quarter the other day against the Broncos, and I'm sitting there at home and I'm like, we're gonna lose. We're gonna lose. So and people are like, why are you saying that. I'm like, I don't know, because there's a history of them blow, you know, losing games they should win in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a history there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and they are now.
Speaker 3: You know, Derreck Henry's coming in the the MVP for the Rams or for the for the Ravens. Yeah, he's the big he's there, big MVP player.
Speaker 2: Did you see him push that Steelers player in the helmet and he and the guy went flying Like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He's amazing. He's a take. You ever see his numbers out of like high school in college? Just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: No, I've seen that video.
Speaker 2: There's a video that was going around of him in a high school game and it looks like he looks now and then the kids all look like freshmen, right, and he's just he's doing whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: He's not even he's running, but then he's just kind of like.
Speaker 3: Look, get these numbers. It's like, yo, these aren't the actual but it's like, you know, Dereck Henry ran for twenty thousand ours is freshman year. Yeah, it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, man, absolutely nuts.
Speaker 2: All Right, Well, like I'm not gonna make the whole show about this, but I will wine from time to time. You've been warned coming up on the show. A couple things going on today. Well, on the show, we have Senator Ted Budd joining us. That'll be at eighth five, and definitely got to talk about this insanity with the hotel rooms and FEMA and basically kicking people out at the hundred and seven day mark. While the President of the United States is saying one hundred and eighty days, California gets a hundred.
Speaker 1: In fact, Ross we put that cut back up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need that for Ted, Yeah, spare no expense, and in that literally says covering all temporary housing for one hundred eighty days while in North Carolina in a snowstorm, FEMA was like you're out, you done, and it you literally you had you had Governor Stein, which, by the way, I will give him credit here it appeared that he was very involved in attempting to make this happen. Arguably though it's Stein's own party doing this, and so uh and then Senator bud Uh, couple congressmen, uh, some local you know, some local politicians here in North Carolina having to use all of their rolodexes to extend for a few days until the FEMA office could be opened so people didn't get thrown out in the middle of the weekend. Sheer insanity. And I'm telling you, this is burnt down week. Okay, this is burn it down week?
Speaker 1: What do I mean by that?
Speaker 2: This is you thought some of these things they're doing here at the end, he just did more student loan forgiveness yesterday. They're throwing everything. They put the jack Smith report out yesterday, and already Blue Sky and those lunatics over there have decided that everything in there, including what is largely an opinion, the whole thing is basically an opinion.
Speaker 1: You don't know. And when you're talking about something that is within.
Speaker 2: Our judiciary, we require that it be adjudicated under the rules right and in abiding with the Constitution to assume somebody's guilt, Like, that's why I have to throw the word alleged in when somebody is alleged to do it and say things like if it's true and they're convicted.
Speaker 1: Straight to the wood chipper.
Speaker 2: Because I even I recognize that you have to do that, and me having an opinion as a guy on the radio is not a jury of my peers or a judge ruling on something within abiding by the constitutional rules. And so they put they put there, So I'm curious his opinion on that as well.
Speaker 1: So, but yeah, this is there's gonna be a crazy week.
Speaker 2: I am convinced now that this reports out that and Jack Smith resigned, I am convinced that Biden is going to issue those pardons and Jack Smith will be one of them.
Speaker 1: I am one hundred percent convinced.
Speaker 2: And I hope I'm wrong, but I think they're coming, and I don't not just for him, probably I don't know if it'll be Michael Cohen, but probably Cheney, probably the now soon to be senator probably from California, Adam Schiff or is he senator now I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is right, he's the Yes, he is, Like what are we doing here.
Speaker 2: That's I think that's coming down the pipe here in the last days, and I wonder if Biden will even though he did.
Speaker 1: It all right, uh so uh.
Speaker 2: In addition to that, we do we do have we have some fire updates out in California. Joe Biden gave his kind of farewell press or speech thing yesterday.
Speaker 1: He's got one more, I think, But.
Speaker 2: He said something so insane in it though, like don't I don't know if he injected it in there, because I can't believe a competent person who likely wrote that would include it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make any sense to me. I'll play that audio before you coming up, just just you know, we'd be all over the place. That's how we'll do it today. Anyway, It is a six twenty one hang.
Speaker 2: On, you want to talk about any of these stories we got we're getting into and this is one of the other things we're going to talk to as Ted Buda about Senator bud. Here we go with the confirmation hearings and judging by Chuck Schumer basically taking to the well of the Senate and talking about how Pete Hegseth is literally satan. Today you should be interesting because he's up. He's up first, there's Tulsia for well, anyway, he's up today, and you know there this is this is I think haig Seth and to some extent, Kash Patel, but I think heg Seth more. So, you know, they always they have to go. This is the this is the politics of it. Even though the Republicans did they did they get any of Biden's cabinets? Uh appoint hees kicked? I can't remember they did with Obama and I can't remember what the one with Obama. They were an absolute lunatic, but I don't remember the reason for it. But it's like, this is how, this is scalps.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is what this is. This is the this is scalps. That's what they're looking for.
Speaker 2: And so Schumer's on there and they've identified that heg Seth is prop because you want to you want the easiest path, you think, but you also want the biggest buck.
Speaker 1: So to speak, or the you know, the biggest kill.
Speaker 2: This is his head's on a wall for them, and the Secretary of Defense is a pretty pretty big thing here. What was Russ You were telling me something? The Iran thing, I hadn't heard that. Where did you hear that? Or where'd you read that?
Speaker 1: Do you remember? Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, what's his name, John Halpernan?
Speaker 1: He was that's right, Yeah, this is insane. Listen to this.
Speaker 3: He was doing an interview. I can't remember who it was, but it was some of you blue check interview, So I mean he was he was talking and remember Alpernan was the guy that was dropping all of the correct election information correct yes, before the vote tallies and stuff. He was saying he heard from his person that the Biden administration was planning on doing a military strike and Iran's nuclear basis, like nuclear.
Speaker 1: Facilities, starting World War three.
Speaker 3: This is what they wanted to do before they left, but apparently they were talked out of it by the incoming Trump administration.
Speaker 1: And thank god for that.
Speaker 2: Actually, look, I don't get wrong, I you know, we the way that we've attacked Iran's stuff, I clearly Israel in the US came up with that worm, remember the worm that basically took everything offline for like a year and a half.
Speaker 1: That was probably on us and good for us.
Speaker 2: And uh oh in the sticky bombs where Masad literally like they're in Iran and they're on motorcycles. And if there's a vehicle transporting one of these the nuke scientists there, they ride alongside and stick a bomb to the vehicle and kill them. They've they've done it several times. But you literally and also how does that work when you're hitting a nuclear facility? Like what is you know what I'm saying? Does that turn it into Chernobyl? I'm not a nuclear see would you check and see if I'm a nuclear scientist? R US is going to look into that real quick. So I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: How this works.
Speaker 3: You let me check on that.
Speaker 1: No, you're not.
Speaker 2: I am not okay, And I don't know is there a nuclear scientists listening? How would that work? Because I mean, do you hit it with a nuke? Do you hit it with the moab or whatever? That thing is the mother of all bombs? Do you have to get those bunker busters? Because it's kind of built into a mountain. I don't know what that looks like. And I and then after you hit it, is there radiation issues? Does it get in the wind, does it impact I don't know China and points eastward? I don't even know the main direct because they got those mountains right there, So I don't even know what the windflow is out of there.
Speaker 1: Usually I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but it sounds it sounds like a horrible idea. That don't get me wrong. If there's anyone who needs their butt handed to them, it's Iran, right, as it pertains to a lot of the current conflicts, because they generally sit back. Sometimes they involved, but they've mostly fund this stuff, right, all of these you know, the hooties down there ye taking pot shots at ships Hezbollah before they got their butt handed to them. And like there's like sixteen proxies or something that Iran uses in North Africa and the Middle East, and I think they even have a proxy in Indonesia, right, And Iran funds this in the in the same way that we're essentially running a proxy war with Russia by feeding all this money to uh to Ukraine, and I don't get me wrong, using other people who are willing to do it, so it doesn't put Americans at risk, not just not necessarily just for big stuff, but for little stuff, like I understand it. That seems kind of smart to me. We got the tech, you got the guys willing to rush the beach. Let's do this, but a full scale blow it to Smitherings likely a massive escalation. Can you imagine handing that off to a dude you're when you're in office for the last few days, and I'm glad.
Speaker 1: That they're talking to him. You know that.
Speaker 2: You know that Kamala Harris didn't has has decided not to invite jd Vance. Now Trump didn't invite Joe Biden. So I'm not going to sit here and defend any of it, but I when I saw that, I'm glad that at least somebody in the Biden administration is listening to the incoming administration on this, right on this, So that's that's kind of terrifying.
Speaker 1: Actually, all right, let's turn over. Let me get over into some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: There was a report out yesterday and New York Post is almost unreadable some days. There was a report yesterday, and of course, you know, I blocked so many accounts on Twitter. Now it's just crazy, you know why, because I want I need to have information that is, I still have to check it, but I've wasted so much time where people will write something that's clearly not true. They have nothing to back it and it gets a little juice, or they post screenshot. I understand why people post screenshots of articles, because you're getting punished posting links, and it's an algorithmic thing. I understand it. But when you post a screenshot and you don't include the source or the date on it, I just assume it's not true. Even if it is, even if I know it to be true, I get annoyed.
Speaker 1: So and I like to.
Speaker 2: Use Twitter x whatever as a little bit of a show prep tool. I think it's very effective for that. So when the ben Affleck story was floating around yesterday, it was just wild Man, all right. So ben Affleck received a visit from FBI agents. One of the things that the FBI is looking into right now is who's drone that was that the super Scooper hit. Right Remember, one of the one of the dump planes, which is very cool by the way, watching that thing work, hit a drone and it put a big old hole in one of the and part of it and they landed it safely. But obviously that's a big deal. So the FBI is trying to figure out whose drone it was, and so them going to ben afflex house yesterday along with LAPD. People just decided that Ben att it must have been Ben Affleck drone. And I'm like, what Timeline am I living in Don't get me wrong, it's a possibility. He's got he's got apposable thumbs, I mean, but no, no, no, no, there them deciding that must mean Ben Affleck drone was the one that got hit was kind of crazy. Now, this is the statement from FBI members of the FBI's Ground Intercept Task Force or conducting activity in the areas of the Palisades Fire relative to unauthorized drone activity. Agents in our local partners may be visible through the area, including at various residences for this reason.
Speaker 1: And and so here's the thing.
Speaker 2: They weren't at Affleck's house for this because they thought he was flying a drone. The reason they're going to these celebrities houses or these big these big houses, at least the ones still standing, is because they know that Ben Affleck probably has fifty thousand cameras on every inch of his property. You got that kind of money, and you live in LA where you know they they rob rich athletes and rappers houses. And we've had a couple of high pro actors have had their houses robbed, right, do you remember who Joe Burrow? Remember Joe Burrow had that smoke show chick just hanging out of his house and he's and and he said one of the reasons is whenever he's playing, somebody's in his house because they go, oh, that guy's on the field right now, I'm gonna go rob his house. So they were they're asking for CCTV footage. So if you saw that story, that's the official statement from FBI. FBI agents were at Affleck's house to see if he had CCTV footage of the private drone because the area it was right up kind of above his house. So let's try to you know, let's let's let's plug a little logic in here, shall we, uh before, Like I don't don't got beef with Ben Affleck either way, but kind of like a lot of movies he's in. But man, people were just running with this. You want crazy, there's buckets of crazy. You don't need to make stuff up.
Speaker 1: Like, listen to.
Speaker 4: This what they're dealing with here in Altadena. They noted here that there are several people that are facing charges in connection to looting incidents. That happened out here in Altadena, and he noted one in particular that they've people went into two different homes and Matt at one point, he says, they stole an Emmy award from someone. I mean, is this is just so offensive to people here who are just literally picking up the mess of their lives.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm not justifying louting. I don't know that an Emmy award.
Speaker 5: Is.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a little classism here, like I'm sure the I'm sure the Academy will send you another one. I'm also right is there's an Emmy Award winner in the Emmy Award winner and Alta Dina too. That was interesting to me if you know anything about the different neighborhoods in LA. But yeah, so somebody got their Emmy story.
Speaker 3: It sounds sad and it sounds desperate, and it's just it's gross to me that you're gonna go in the news and ask for them like, oh, I lost my Listen. I don't want to make this about me, but when I won this award right here that I'm holding the best radio personality you want that? Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you win that?
Speaker 3: This is twenty twenty three now this year was a second which is still great. Which which place did you get?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Anywayway, this was the year that I won at twenty twenty three when this was stolen for me? Do you remember me talking about it? Did I bring it up?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I did not. I did what anybody would do, Okay. I became a creature of the night, okay, And I got my vengeance and I found who stole it from me legal shadow stuff and put them in a barrel and I dumped them in the ocean. And did I talk about this?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Did I bring it up on the show?
Speaker 1: Meat?
Speaker 3: I did not because it's incredibly illegal and I don't want to face legal repercussions. But the fact is, listen, yeah right, I got my vengeance in this life and the next I did what any man would do. And I didn't make it about me because that's not what I do. So for these people to go in the news and gravel right like children, it's gross and it's the professional is person whoever reported it? Oh they stole Miami, find that person, put them in a barrel and throw them in the ocean.
Speaker 2: That's what we do, all right, So rosson Team Vigilanti gotcha, okay, Yeah, and you may have to like, yeah, there's some stuff going on there where they are catching some looters, but the like the reports.
Speaker 1: Of how widespread it is there, the majority of people are going to get away with it.
Speaker 3: It's just so gross. It's gross. Stop making it about yourself, Okay, and your award. Nobody cares creature.
Speaker 1: That happened to you.
Speaker 2: Will they will the magazine that you got your award from, Will they give you another one?
Speaker 1: No? I did.
Speaker 3: They didn't have to. I found out my own.
Speaker 1: I see, Oh you got because because I'm an adult. Oh that's is that? Is that blood on it? What is that? Okay? Right, ketchup? I'm sure it's just ketchup.
Speaker 3: You know it is Hollywood, their weaklings.
Speaker 2: Well, look all your all the security cameras in the world ain't gonna do nothing for you. When mall the powers out and the law enforcement is stretched to the point that you don't even see him. I mean, it's a looter's paradise. Obviously, these natural disasters. It's why in Florida, every time there's a hurricane coming, right, they got they got police up until the last minute, banging around wherever the hurricane's coming, because in those last few hours, just dudes in vans just driving around doing stuff, looting stores, homes, whatever, whatever they can get a hold of. And they they really are the lowest of the low. So you know what, I'm I'm good with what Ross allegedly did.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say alleged. I don't want Tom using it against you, but I think.
Speaker 3: People understand I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Now there was some charging going on. We got this.
Speaker 7: Fourth incident is an arson incident in which Jose Horado Escobar has been charged.
Speaker 5: We have that.
Speaker 1: This is, by the way, I want to point out, this is not the dude with the flamethrower who they arrested. This is a different dude.
Speaker 2: The dude with the flame thrower still not charged with anything, even though he had a flame thrower and was visibly lighting fires in front of like six witnesses who then apprehended him. This is a different dude that ready.
Speaker 7: This is an incident that occurred in Azusa, where mister Escobar has been charged with three different arson charges. He is looking at nine years in state prison. This is arson that occurred at Pioneer Park in the city of Azusa. It was investigated by the Azuza Police Department, who acted very effectively and very efficiently in apprehending mister Escobar. Mister Escobar as well has been now he's been charged, but he has set for arraiment today. So again, with respect to all these charges, as I said before, these charges are not evident and they are presumed innocent until proving guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Speaker 1: You know, and to this guy.
Speaker 2: For this guy, he's just very lucky that all he did is in the middle of what may turn out to be the most financially devastating wildfire season in California's history. He was only starting fires, and he didn't do something crazy like.
Speaker 1: Non violently walk through.
Speaker 2: An open door into the US Capitol or he might be facing like real time double digits man, But no, he's Max Senten's nine years started with three fires, one of which, now I didn't start one of the three big ones.
Speaker 3: But you need the help, man. Can you imagine if he had tried to walk away with electurn or something?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, did he no do we know? Oh? Send an oscar sticking out of his pocket? What is that?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so there you go and again the dude with the flamethrower. They'll prior release that guy this week. The only reason he was being old is for a probation violation. And you know California is just going to turn him on that.
Speaker 3: You see, Joe Dirt did a post. David Spade posted a thing. He's like giving away like five thousand dollars to anyone that could turn in like potential arsonists to the police. Good because he was talking about, Hey, they arrested this guy with a flamethrower and they let him go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he just said, ros, it's just because he had a flamethrow and was lighting stuff on fire.
Speaker 1: You don't know that he's an arsonist. Bigot. Ross is a bigot. Uh what's this? And I got new guys telling me, oh, wow, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: It was an Intel officer back in the seventies, uranium production comes to a screeching, effing halt, and he said that is an Intel briefing quote. Yeah, it probably does, but that's not what I'm asking about. I'm sure we could. I'm sure we got a bomb big enough to make them stop doing it at that location. But then what happens is there radiation fallout. Do we have like a new no go to your noble zone. That's what I'm wondering, even if you hit it with a traditional weapon instead of an atomic weapon. And I don't know the answer to that, but no, I'm I'm I'm I'm glad that we're not gonna do that this week. Okay, all right, let's take a break. We'll be right back. I'm doing something right now because I just realized I want to get the get it up on Twitter as well. I'm gonna and and for the if you don't do the Twitter, that's fine, you can. You can go to our website for this. So we have an event or I have an event ross. You're welcome to come if you want. But and this is really cool, so you know, you know, I like the bourbon tastings, and thank you to buy the way to those of you who came out to our events here several months ago, both in Greensboro and Raleigh.
Speaker 1: Good events. Had fun.
Speaker 2: And there's a really really big, high end one of these that takes place and it's like a little little weekend vacation and it's coming up on the twenty fifth and it's in Beaufort, North Carolina, at the Beaufort Hotel. And for those of you who've ever been to Beaufort or the hotel or that the restaurant they have, the thirty thirty four degrees is awesome. And so I'm going to be down hosting this event and I'd like you to come. And so I'm gonna we'll get to tweeted out a link there. You can also go to the website. I believe we're giving away a ticket too. You can check that out on the website. But I so this is going to have like the top dogs from Woodford Reserve, Ezra Brooks Wilderness Trail which makes some really good bourbons, and Maker's Mark which has a huge collection of really great bourbons. And I remember I mentioned the restaurant. It's thirty four degrees North is the name of the restaurant. The food is amazing. They might have the best and I know somebody'd argue they probably at least they have the best shrimp and grits I think I've ever tasted, because I've eaten there before. So but this whole thing, We're talking four course dinner, the whiskey cocktails, the tasting everything and there'll be a much of prizes and giveaways.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be a big deal.
Speaker 2: But also let's take a little vacation. Come on, this snow sucks. I know this weekend coming up, probably gonna do this again. This is the weekend after Saturday, January twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: And it's it's gonna be at.
Speaker 2: Six and then you know, get a room and come hang out, or maybe you know, let's let's let's get a Raleigh Greensboro contingent on down to the Beaufort Hotel and if you've never been there, If you've never been to Beaufort, it's really cool city.
Speaker 1: There are trying to remember the name of the fishing outfit. I went out of there. Anyway, A lot of fun with.
Speaker 2: Those guys was years and years ago, so that was my first visits. This is like when I first moved to North Carolina. It was one of the first cities I went out and hung out in and went fishing and did some stuff.
Speaker 1: And so I'm super happy that we're going to be able to do this.
Speaker 2: So if you're a fan of the Bourbons, of the whiskies and really good food, that's it's going to be all included. In one ticket, So you want to check that out, but book in advance. I'm going to put the link out, or you can go to the Beaufort Hotel's website or to thirty four degrees North Restaurant dot com or just Google and go there. They have it on both their pages. And like I said, we have information and a giveaway we're doing surrounding that on the website Caseyonthradio dot com. You can search it when you get on there, or if you let you know. We had a little slider thing which keeps loading previews of stuff. It's it's in there. I can't remember what it is in the rotation, but you'll find it. Just sit on there for thirty seconds. But yeah, let's do this thing. I am super pumped and I'm so glad that we're gonna be getting to do that. And they have a special room rate. So if you think, oh, they're gonna get me be down there for this event, they got a special room rate. I believe it's for under one hundred bucks. And this is a really nice hotel. So we're really let's pack it up so that we can do many, many more of these. But yeah, wantn't you take a trip two weekends from now down to the coast. You know, may little couples get away, come down just to get some great food, something to eat, and you know, see what Chef Lopez has for you down there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, very cool.
Speaker 2: I will continue to shamelessly pimp this up until up until the event or the Beaufort Hotel tells me that all the tickets are sold, so check check that out, and I'm gonna I'll tweet out the details here when I go to go to break. I wanted to fix something on it to make sure there was no confusion. All right, seven eleven, Good morning. We'll get a few other things to get into. A reminder that Senator Ted budd is going to be joining us coming up at eight oh five, and we got lots to get into. We got confirmation hearings today, We've got just you know, the general insanity of why we need a US senator, a governor, and a congressman to not have North Carolinians freeze to death on the same day that the President of the United States said this.
Speaker 8: This morning, during to the magnitude of disaster, I was talking with the governor. He requested if I could increase the federal funding that was authorized under this legislation for from seventy five percent to ninety percent. We're increasing it to one hundred percent of all the costs to be covered by the federal government for both the fire MANAGEMENTSISSUS grants and the elements of what they call the disaster declaration. So today I'm announcing that the federal government will cover one hundred percent of the cost for one and eighty days, just going to pay for things like the briand hazard material removal, temporary shelters, first responders, salaries, and all necessary measures to protect life and property.
Speaker 2: All right, So, and the key thing in there that he said was temporary shelters, and that's what we're talking about here. And I just this is this is one of those stories where I hate how we've gotten as a country because this is easy.
Speaker 1: This is easy math. Right.
Speaker 2: You can the day he said that was one hundred and I literally ran the math one hundred and seven days from Helene when he said that. So North Carolina is well within the one hundred and eighty day window, and FEMA was was, you know, was was going to toss them out. So it's easy math to understand and to openly wonder why is it different, and the amount of men told gymnastics I watched from people trying to justify this difference. Well, that's yes, because the governor didn't request it, right, No, he did right. And by the way, the governor you're referring to as a Democrat, it's mostly lunatics. Obviously, it's not really people in North Carolina. The whole lot of people have probably never been to North Carolina who you don't think they think they know everything. But it shouldn't be this hard. And what I want to hear from the Senator today and again he seemingly was kind of one of the lynchpins in at least cheating him along, is next week. This needs fixed and we need to limp out this week right. One of the first if Trump needs a list of things to do on his first day, and I hope that the Senator and the rest of our delegation in North Carolina can can get the ear of Trump or his people. One of the first things, which I think would be super non controversial that he needs to do as an executive order is order that FEMA mirror what Biden just gave to California. Would that be so controversial? Say, hey, if you're gonna do one hundred and eighty days and you're gonna pay every cent of it for California, could you give could you give North Carolina up, you know Carolinians up to that that one hundred and eighty days. And I understand that that's not going to fix everybody. You got bigger issues with FEMA. They've still not put I think it's less than one hundred. It's in like the nineties. Of the temporary.
Speaker 1: Houses, the little houses we.
Speaker 2: Were talking about sitting in Hickory, they got less than one hundred. Yeah, five thousand families that are in some some level of displacement. May not be permanent. They just got to get their home fixed. But a lot of this stuff is they're not going back to that home.
Speaker 1: It doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: This is easy to solve, and I'm so glad we have the Senator coming on to talk about this today. And now here's my question for you. Oh wait, hold on, I did get an email here by somebody I trust on the whole should we blow up Iran's nuke facility? Let me read this because it actually makes sense, and this is somebody who has a lot of experience with the nukes, all right, So because I asked, because there was a report that one of the things the Biden administration was toying with is blowing that Iran nuke facility to smithereens, which, don't get me wrong, would feel good until you realize that it might just be the kickoff to World War three, although it would look a little different. It would basically be all of the Middle East versus the US and Israel. Maybe not all the Middle East, but you know, they have I talked about all these proxies they have, they got footholds in all of these places, and if they're able to convince people to attack America already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got bad idea.
Speaker 2: But then I was like, what happens when you blow up a nuke facility with a nuke or if you just blow it up with traditional explosives, and what does that look like?
Speaker 1: Is Chernobyl all over again?
Speaker 2: And he said, short answer, it's deep underground, so low risk. You would not have a nuclear yield, just whatever conventional explosive material.
Speaker 1: This is terrifying. You have no many you have no idea.
Speaker 2: How many times there have been explosions where nukes are present and no yield. Well, there's nukes present, but there's also like the uranium and riching process.
Speaker 1: That's what I was more thinking about.
Speaker 2: If there's nukes present, I wonder when they're actually if they have one done, then it would be sitting there.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: However, there is always a risk of radioactive material like a big dirty bomb, so you know, basically it would probably mostly just screw Iranians. So and this is the part that makes sense, and that is I knew this, and I forgot to think about it when we had when we launch in nuke.
Speaker 1: Where does it explode?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 2: Where is the actual detonation. It's not that it's not on the ground. They they blow him up at a predetermined elevation altitude, so it maximizes what it's able to do. So in this case, if it's underground and you're shooting stud like a bunker buster that goes in there underground, essentially the facilities design, which is a containment design anyway, because of what they're doing in there, it also helps you from not making the part of the world uninhabitable. So, but it sounds like they're not going to do that, but I don't know, maybe he falls into the button.
Speaker 1: Or something, so he's probably not that easy. But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, uh yeah, that's uh a lot of crazy, terrifying stuff going on today. Let's let's turn to this though. And uh I found myself asking this yesterday with a little bit of nostalgia. Would you say, I don't think it's arguable? Would you say that the fo right after election Day till now has been remarkably less crazy than the first time Trump got elected. I mean, don't get me wrong, there's some big stuff. This Jack Smith report was a final kneecapping. It's it was one hundred percent. It's almost one hundred percent speculator. Well it is because he wasn't convicted of it.
Speaker 1: It's but it's speculative, right.
Speaker 2: Either're just saying Jack Smith thinks he could do this, and that's gonna be enough for the media to run with. And that's going to be most of your news cycle today. But like I'm talking the really crazy stories and things that happened, are you gonna miss a little of it? Not the insane protesters, not the violence, not that, but like a little a little part of me, it was so easy putting prep together in the open from the twenty sixteen election through pretty much his whole term, like every day it.
Speaker 1: Was something that was just so insane. You're like, there's no way that's real.
Speaker 2: And then you realize. You go to the website because you always got to check this stuff. If you just see a screenshot or you see somebody mentioning, go to the website and check it, go.
Speaker 1: See what exactly it is.
Speaker 2: And it was like every day we had two or three of those in the stack, just crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Like let me give you an example. This is from Slate.
Speaker 2: All right, this is January thirteenth, twenty twenty seven. So this is a story they wrote essentially, you know, less than a week in front or a week out from the inauguration.
Speaker 1: Slate okay, which I believe is owned by MSNBC, right or NBC do they still own Slate?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Whatever, looking for a book to help resist Trump? Try this gay immigrant Muslim furry romance. I'm gonna miss some of this stuff. So my question is are they just holding off or it is are we gonna are we gonna be right back into this dumpster fire with like this is the craziest, and then there's the accusatory. It's nothing like it was before, and it clearly is, and I think self preservation might play.
Speaker 3: I think there's like a few reasons for that. I think one, Biden sucks so much that a lot of people crossed over and voted for Trump, right, and then so that's number two. Trump won the popular vote. It's different this time. And I think I think the cultural pendulum has swung as well. Where we're going there super far left now more to the center, to the right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I and and maybe they haven't changed ideologically, but they realized it didn't do any good, right, And so there's this.
Speaker 3: Even how many of these things, how many of these publications or outlets are now out of business? With the Washington Post.
Speaker 2: Washington Post, you saw the trap the web traffic number, Yeah, story yesterday.
Speaker 1: So if you.
Speaker 2: Don't know, since the twenty twenty one to today, they went from twenty five million average weekly impressions to four million at Washington Post. Oh and Jen Rubin quit and she's starting her own thing, which I'm sure will be just as unhinged. It's like, clearly and she quit over Jeff Bezos. Now clearly you're never going to change a Jen Rubin. She has a permanent case of teds. It's just there. You'd never get rid of it. And there's a lot of them in the media like that. But the I'm talking about the mushy media middle where they probably don't like Trump, but they also were looking at it going, you know, I don't want to lose my job. You know, I kind of like getting a paycheck and I like this high profile position I have, so you know, maybe we won't go as bonkers.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It's not to say like the Peter Strokes of the world still aren't there, because they definitely.
Speaker 2: Are hundred percent and look, Trump's never gonna be able to purge them all out of the government. So you know, just that dream right there, that dream's not going to happen, but he's seemingly taking necessary steps to at least mitigate the damage that can be done in there.
Speaker 1: And there's other things. There's other indicators. Carrie Underwood was announced to singing at the thing. Do you remember last inauguration where any musical artist was basically told you be canceled if you showed up to the event. You think Carrie Underwood's concerned about that. No, I think the village people are concerned. No, so yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 2: I think it has swung, and I think all that there's a thousand little indicators and this is one of them.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to miss these types of headlines. We'll be back.
Speaker 2: If you're new around here, you don't particularly have a good grasp on all the coastal cities. Yet there is a there's Beaufort, and there's Beaufort, Okay, and ones in North Carolina that's Beaufort, and then ones in South Carolina that's Beaufort. And yes they look exactly the same. Yes they both have hotels with their name in them. But we're in the North Carolina one. And I did tweet the link out for you right there. Love it even if you don't want to go share it for me, Okay, because I want to have a packed house, but I want you to go.
Speaker 1: Let's go down and do this thing. We'll find dining. We'll stare out over the water there. You know, it might be a cigar. It could happen. I just think sometime happen.
Speaker 2: At the fact, I just got some great ones yesterday, like a little uh a couple of really good ones.
Speaker 1: I rarely smoke cigars, so like, if.
Speaker 2: I smoke one a month, especially if it's not really golf season, I'd be pretty surprised. But this is exactly the thing, right, chill out there on the waterfront and do that after a delicious dinner. So yeah, make sure you book the North Carolina one. But like I said, I've linked you to the event thing for you there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine one of our poor listeners, it's so excited, is driving down there.
Speaker 1: And Beufort's like way down there, it's way almost into Georgia, man, and you gotta cut over that big bridge like that would be Nope, I don't want any of that. I don't want one of our showing.
Speaker 2: So, uh, you know, really South you know what that is. That's called that South Carolina stolen valor. That's what I can just start that fight now to go to the correct one. Okay, but yeah, please please please come on down, you know, get a room, get some food, we'll have some fun.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Let me get back to this trying to clear up confusion there. This is this is I don't know if this is brilliant or desperate. So MSNBC has announced.
Speaker 1: A very special, uh, very special scheduling update.
Speaker 2: Rachel Maddow is coming back five nights a week because y'all can't get enough of her, So the network announced that mon on Monday that Maddow will lead the coverage of the inauguration. Now to rot Ross mentioned this earlier. She this is the woman who, after Trump's first inauguration turned to the camera with a straight face and argued that essentially he just gave a Hitler speech.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was.
Speaker 2: It was just evil, apparently more evil than Joe Biden's red light comedy thing. But yeah, so she's like, that was the most evil thing I ever heard. And honestly, I remember listening to Trump's speech and going, that was a lot more restrained than I thought he was going to be.
Speaker 1: And it was. And also it was kind of humanizing.
Speaker 2: Because I think a lot of people, except in situations where reporters were running things, probably never.
Speaker 1: Watched a Trump's speech.
Speaker 2: They just saw little snippets, you know, things like that, and they formed their opinions. So if they actually tune in to watch it, then I don't know that it probably changed opinions in the long run.
Speaker 1: It seems to him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're gonna stick Maddow on there to lead the coverage. Who is insane when it comes to Trump, another permanent case of TDS. Well, I don't understand the logic there, because you remember MSNBC and CNN and Jeff Bezos and the La Times guy, they all they're all reading the rite on the wall, and that's why they were making changes, trying to save this, you know, the sinking ships that are their businesses. And yet bringing mad Ow back and now matt Ou it will be somewhat temporary. By the way, she only hosts Mondays now in case you don't know what she's doing, So she just does Mondays. So January January, you know, twentieth, and then she will she will do five nights a week for the first hundred days, so I guess end of April.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean, but if you're trying to soften your thing bringing mad Ow back while she may.
Speaker 1: Be tested and she probably polls pretty.
Speaker 2: Well among the core MSNBC people, I don't know how you think that's a good thing. I mean, look what the look at the neutering they did with their morning show there where they went and literally, we're trying to meet with Trump. By the way, John Fetterman met with Trump yesterday and Trump was tweeting nice things about him, said, you know, he seems like.
Speaker 1: A reasonable dude. So like, you know, people are going out of their their way to do these things. And then MSNBC is like that, let's double down on the insanity that killed all of our ratings.
Speaker 3: Fetterman is so funny. Fatterman is a funny dude. Do you hear him say he was gonna meet with Trump to become the Pope of Greenland? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did see that.
Speaker 2: And then the reporter for a moment like doesn't know what to say, and he kind of like lets her know he's joking. But yeah, man, no, I did see that. Yes, the mad out thing is is is a return to the insanity. But you know, look there's you want the biggest here, let me give you the the.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that, and I love this headline.
Speaker 2: By the way, this might be the largest indicator that as a party, the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: Learned nothing from this election.
Speaker 2: And it's this right here. Here's the headline. DNC taps Harris's viral wizards for new social media push. I'm like, who are the viral wizards? And then I realize what they're talking about. They're talking about these twelve women all I think the oldest is twenty five and like two dudes who ran the Kamala hq social media account. If if you've somehow forgotten in this short period since they scrapped it, that might have been the most wrong, dishonest propagandist account to ever exist on Twitter. And I don't say that lightly, at least not from an orientity.
Speaker 3: I've never encountered another account on social media and all the time doing this job that is so obviously over the top blatant, like Joseph Geerbel's type stuff where they would take a segment of a Trump speech, like three or three seconds of it. They would take the original video, they would cut just that three seconds, they would post it, and then they would write something completely different.
Speaker 1: That he was talking about.
Speaker 2: You know, you're because I want to I want to accentuate what Ross is saying. You know, Aaron Rupar, you get the joke with you got rupart. Ruper's thing was at least he would tell you the topic, but he would leave out context, which is which is blatantly dishonest. What Ross is saying is true. They would take a speech where he's talking about hot dogs or something. Was it hot dog, there was a there was a food one they did that was just crazy. He was talking about food and they somehow spun it as he was talking about immigrants.
Speaker 3: Just blatant lies, blatant, over the top obvious lies to anyone paying attention who was seen the entire video. And it's not like this accidentally happens, because when you're in charge of a social media account like this, you got to have the original video. You've got to watch it, you see it, you got to cut out the section you want, you got to post it, make your own original post, and then you've got to write out what you want to write. And I even, like I said, just if there's ever a reason for community notes, it was this account just an evil, dirty line account.
Speaker 2: And those are the wizards, by the way, doing that, And those are who the DNC just hired to do their social media. I mean, it's so insane.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I like I to fail upwards. And the only thing that makes sense is they so effectively sold their souls because you have to sell your soul to do that, even if you think they probably thought they were in the right, because this comes down to, hey, whatever, we have to know what we have to do it. If you're willing to sell your soul, then you're gonna you're gonna fail up as long as the party continues to embrace that.
Speaker 3: They thought they had, They thought they had the moral high ground, and they became what they were trying to fight against. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I kind of hope David Hogg is the did he make Do they have a vote on that yet? Did you say they want to make him vice chair of the party or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tim Wallas, I think said he wanted that to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tim Walls came out. Yeah, he said he met with him and he likes him and all that stuff. So, which, by the way, if like that should be the death nail if Tim Walls likes you.
Speaker 3: But the other thing was like, when it comes to the success in social media, the Kamala HQ account failed in comparison to the Trump war Room account, which remember you had the two side by side comparisons of who ran those accounts.
Speaker 1: The Trump a couple of accounts, and it was like three dudes.
Speaker 3: And then you had the Kamala HQ account, which well, like you said, it was like a bunch of you know.
Speaker 1: Fifteen yeah, twelve women, fifteen three men.
Speaker 3: And but the numbers compared like side by side, the two accounts, the two different campaign accounts, like the Trump warrim account just blew them out of the water.
Speaker 1: And they were clear and each kind of comment.
Speaker 2: HQ was clearly washing the replies to right, so you can you can high replies. And by the way, you can tell also if replies are hidden because there's a little thing.
Speaker 1: That pops a little little box thing there.
Speaker 2: Uh so, because I would look at one of their things and it would be so insanely wrong, you know how you go to the comments to restore your own sanity. On some tweets you're like, oh please God, let people have you know, understand that this is not real. And like the first like the most comments, it was like, remember the cras and Steins were clearly manipulating the algorithm so they could be the first Trump post every time like they were. They'll never admit it, but they obviously were. It was clear that you cause you couldn't get six thousand likes in twelve seconds. Okay, was it was just garbage. What they would do is I'd see something insane, I'd scroll down the account and like the first ten comments are like, yeah, this is correct and what a monster? And then like finally you find somebody down there and I'm like, there's no way, not on Twitter where a high.
Speaker 1: Profile account like this.
Speaker 2: It kept getting served into my algorithm where people were not pouncing, as the media says. But no, now they got cool new jobs. So and they're going to be essentially, they're going to be the pitbull attack dogs of social media for the DNC on Trump.
Speaker 1: So expect that.
Speaker 2: Expect somehow the things you hear then from the official party stuff and the DNC and the various packs to be far more dishonest.
Speaker 1: That's why I asked, what's this going to look like? All right, let me do this.
Speaker 2: Seven forty six, here's another ken boone from the Weather Channel today who we got That was a Jeff Jeff mar That's right. Yeah, I get confused because you guys are splitting it up this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, be here tomorrow and then can take.
Speaker 2: Some Yeah, but here's another guy I can ask what to expect except in this case winter weather.
Speaker 1: So what are we doing now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we've got high pressure and control and it's going to be drying cold as you make way out this morning. We're in the thirties right now, eventually headed to forty five with sunshine. Fortunately, winds will be on the light side, and then clear tonight, the load dripping down into the low twenties. Tomorrow even colder thirty nine the high with sunshine. We'll have the other direction with some more sun Thursday and hit forty seven into the low fifties with the sunny sky Friday, and then a wet started the weekend with some showers into Saturday, and behind you're fifty two fifty three Sundays, that rain moves out and then another blast of cold air early next week with his and the load to mid thirties as we make our way into Sunday night, and it looks like early next week we'll be dealing with some cold weather as well. So overall pretty cold stretch of January weather here the next several days.
Speaker 2: All right, and it's Jeff Mars fault everybody, So it is all right, thank you, sir. We'll talk at an hour coming up. Senator Ted Buddell join us at eight oh five. We've got lots to get into with him. Janet, you are up first. Thanks for hanging on.
Speaker 6: What's up, Katy? My freaking a head is exploding. I don't even have to contain myself this morning. We're out here with a tent and seven hundred dollars and Ben Affleck. California is the biggest mood on the planet, which would be completely dead without the rest of America supporting. They're sorry, but gets everything paid for. It's everybody in North Carolina is not conservative permanently from this point forward. You're a freaking idiot.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, and and it's it's like it's being argued by people, and it's like this isn't even a part. I mean, eventually it's gonna have partisan reaction, but it's like simple math. One hundred and eighty days, one hundred and seven days, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: This is right?
Speaker 6: I say, I say North Carolina. I say North Carolina gathers itself and goes and takes our stuff from California that the government has granted because California has been given a number, California has been given everything for literally decades, they've not it, did one thing er to support themselves, and now again they're mentioned off of the rest of the country for what and our our representative the one person that starts to give a crap. I'm on board.
Speaker 1: I swear, I'm I'm scared you're gonna swear, and I don't want you to swear, so I feel, but I am. Don't let it. Don't let it.
Speaker 2: Just But when you when you're talking to somebody who's not convinced there's the problem, all you need to know is one hundred and seven and one and eighty okay, And we need to simplify this because you're right, and thanks for the call. It needs to per It needs to cross into people's brains and go no, that's not right. A segment right here, because I got so much on my plate. Let's welcome in, Senator Ted Budd. How are you doing this morning, sir?
Speaker 5: So great, Casey, good morning.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna we're gonna go a little rapid fire today, sir, because there's just so much going on and I want to safety win.
Speaker 5: Do we not do when do we not do rapid fire?
Speaker 2: Well, it's gonna be And also on cheese because the Vikings can't win a playoff game.
Speaker 1: But that's I won't take out on you. It's heartbreaking. Man.
Speaker 2: Speaking of heartbreaking, we make this subtle transition. I am, and people are. They're so angry. And then the cherry on top after a weekend of you, your staff, other elected officials, members of Congress, even.
Speaker 1: The new governor having to.
Speaker 2: The idea that a sitting senator and members of Congress and a governor have to beg FEMA not to throw people out of hotels.
Speaker 1: On the stay.
Speaker 2: On the one hundred and seventh day after the hurricane, and on the same day, the President of the United States says explicitly the California including temporary shelter, will get one hundred and eighty days fully funded.
Speaker 1: Make it make sense to me, Senator, It doesn't.
Speaker 5: It doesn't. It's just incompetency and it's on its way out the door. Look, they were going to kick people out on January eleventh, I mean, right in the middle of the snow, coming in the coldest part of the winter, and shot, I don't know, it may get colder. And then okay, they graciously gave us twenty four hours. Pat Harrigan new representative is doing a great job. We teamed up, you know, to say, hey, you got to give us longer. They gave us till January fourteenth to day, and then we pushed again and we said, hey, that's not long enough. And now we got into the Trump administration. So we got to the twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you admitted that was yeah. I follow up, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So now we're going to be making decisions under a new administration. And President Trump and I went to swann Andoa together and I've been there multiple times. We got him. We wanted to get a windows like, please during the campaign, pay attention to this, but let's just come in when it's not a distraction to the place. And he was very, very respectful. This guy's a he's a member, he's a builder in this case, he's a rebuilder, and he's going to be there for western North Carolina. People are like, oh, no, nobody's going to vote because they're you know, they've been kicked out of their homes and you got one hundred thousand homes you know, damaged to destroyd and people, I mean they crawl hoover stumps and mud slides and broken Glass to come and vote for President Trump out West. These people are tough, they're very resilient, but they just need the government for once to be on their side. And I'll tell you what, when I'm out there, Casey, their number one concern is, please don't forget us. Now. The news media is going to focus on different crises around the world and different things, but I'm not forgetting about these folks. It's insane what's happened out there and the incompetency of the current administration. We just have to stay on them.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned you mentioned my one thing, and I'm glad we're getting into the Trump administration. I need you, and I think you realize this, and the people in Western I need you and the rest of this delegation to have this should be a day one Trump thing. The very easy thing is to extend it to one hundred and eighty days to match California. That should be that should be an exist I don't know that it has to be an executive order. Should be a thing that he does on the first day or at least by the twenty fifth. Is is that a possibility? Can we make that happen?
Speaker 5: That's totally reasonable. But now, when Trump was in the All Senators all Republican Senators meeting last week, the question on the table was what can we do to be most helpful to you? And he said, by far, it's getting my administration confirmed. And that's what we're doing starting today. This is day one of the hearings. I think there's like fifteen of them this week. I don't think there's been a FEMA person tapped yet. Now they'll have a landing team that comes in starts operating with acting administrator's day one, so we'll be ready to go. But that's a very reasonable request.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and I think it's the least you can do. So let me ask you a question. That's good because you're going to transition where I'm transitioning. I saw Chuck Schumer talking about how hag Seth is literally Satan, so that should be interesting later. Are you on board with all the nominees? Is there people that you've met with that really really impressed you?
Speaker 1: Is there any concerns you have? Where are you at in.
Speaker 5: Their own right or impressive individuals? I mean there's some, I agree, more are you know different as you know a small business owner? I might have different policies, but I have asked him, like you take like Bobby Kennedy's coming through. I'm going like, look, you've got a history of not being pro life. I'm pro life. He says, I'm one hundred percent going to be with the Trump administration, which is pro life. I'm like, Okay, you just changed your tune to line up with Trump in his administration. That's great.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Then we got today. I'm on the Armed Services Committee. Pete Haig Seth will have his hearing today. Democrats are going to come out. Elizabeth Warren put out this ten page letter. I mean, I don't know if you've seen that, but it's very insightful if you want to look at it. It's a public document. People can pull it up and just got question after questions, your question that tells you how the Democrats are going to go after him today. This is a guy. Remember when you look at November fifth and what happened. The American people were tired of business as usual. That's why they re elected President Trump as a forty seventh president. Not just electoral votes, not just but they also overwhelmingly the popular vote. So I mean, he crushed it. And people are saying, I'm sick of how what we've see in the last four years bid the administration was a mistake. Let's fix this, and Trump picked people to do just that, not do business as usual. Let's root out the deep state. Let's make sure that we're focused on lethality and we're focused on given the right weapons we need and not on wokeness in the military. And that's what Pete hagg Seth will do. And that's what we're going to focus on today, at least in the questions that I get to ask him, right, But.
Speaker 2: The people there are people who are going to be sitting on the other side for today, who, among other things, accused Haig Seth of having a Nazi tattoo a Jerusalem cross, which, by the way, was on the cover sheet of Jimmy Carter's funeral program.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, hilarius, did you see Mike tweets Mike Lee's tweet and has said it's amazing that these folks are such Pete hagg Seth fans, you know at the National Cathedral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but is it gonna go Is this going to be Kavanaugh all over again? Minus the dude walking around addressed as a giant condom. I mean, is are you gonna have protesters? Are you guys anticipating protesters?
Speaker 5: I don't think they're gonna I mean there may be a few. And there's a there's a heightened security, uh situation in DC all the way from January sixth, all the way through you know, after the inauguration. So everything's kind of technically right now.
Speaker 2: I'm talking in the gallery like we saw with Kavanaugh, where they take well, it.
Speaker 5: Won't be in the gallery, it'll be in the hearing room. So are there going to be some outbursts? Sure, you know, but we're just gonna you know, steady ahead, Let's ask the real questions. Let's talk about competency in the role. Let's talk about lethality, his policies, and what he's going to do as sect up. I think he's going to do a great job. Like this man is well educated, he's a decorated veteran, he's a combat warrior, he's he's the right kind of guy. And I've known him for years prior to even coming in my office to talk about being potential sect down. But let's get this guy confirmed and let's get down of business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I thought they liked people with multiple Ivy League degrees.
Speaker 1: I guess now they changed.
Speaker 5: Their mind starting with Trump in twenty sixteen, because I mean, that guy went to Wharton.
Speaker 1: You know, you've been pretty good smart guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a buddy who went to Wharton. He's a pretty smart dude too, So pretty good school.
Speaker 5: How about that state now?
Speaker 1: He No, no, no, I'm just a woted to be fair.
Speaker 2: He went to Wharton for his cod But no. So let me transition into.
Speaker 1: This though the how do I ask this? Do you think we were.
Speaker 2: Having a discussion about the media earlier and how like remember the really really insane like resist Trump with this gay, furry Muslim immigrant book, which is an actual headline from Slate. Like that insanity, that part of the insanity, the nonviolent part of the just lunatics.
Speaker 1: I'm a little nostalgic for it.
Speaker 2: I don't feel that vibe this time time with a lot of protesters in media. Maybe they're beat down a little and maybe it's just self preservation. Do you think that translates to your colleagues on the other side or are they going to do everything that you guys normally do with I don't know, you know, to really ramp this up or do you think they're going to have to be more tempered as well?
Speaker 5: Well, time will tell, And I think it's kind of like the old if you can't beat them, to join them. And let me give you a case in point, the Lake and Riley Act, which was something I've worked on and co led this with Senator Katie Britt from Alabama, and this is about preventing tragedies for illegals who do minor crimes, making sure that they're detained so they don't go on to commit horrendous crimes like we saw with lacoln Riley's murder. Okay, we had eighty four excuse me, I think it was eighty nine total votes, So what are that twenty thirty Democrats that or forty Democrats that joined us.
Speaker 2: On that initial mine nine Democrats who voted against it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean just a smidgeen of Democrats that voted against it. And that's like your most radical leftist ones, and so I'm like, what's happening. They obviously saw that what they've done for the last four years and then the six and the four years prior to that, resisting Donald Trump did not work because now he's coming back into office, so they've got to change their tune. So I only have one example with the one bill that we've really worked on moving here with Lake and Riley and I happened to be co lead on this bill, and all of a sudden they're joining us. Now, let's see what happens in the coming days as we're working on real amendments to this. Are they going to try to put poison pills? Are they going to try to kill it? I don't know, but yeah, I sure hope we get this thing. I get this thing somehow, but I don't know what it's going to look like. And it's certainly a different tune than we saw in the last eight years.
Speaker 2: This is this is what I'm talking about, because I got you know, I get press released is that Ted budd voted against children's cancer research and the you know, the stuff that was in the omnibus bill, which I'm convinced is the only reason they put it in there is they could run give me a stupid press release that somehow Republicans are against children or want children to have cancer. I mean, it's just so low, it's just so low. And we'll wait and see. I do have a question, and I'm curious. I'm not even going to set it up.
Speaker 1: What do you make of the Jack Smith Report?
Speaker 5: I haven't gone in and read it yet, but I know, I mean, his whole has just been destroyed, and it's not going to make a difference when he puts it out there. You know you want these things contained because it's just not helpful. He goes at it with implicit bias, and then it gets released. It's for those who hate Trump, it's going to say, well, I told you so, and for us who really don't care and know he came at it with bias to begin with and was trying to manufacture a case, then we still believe that. So it's not going to make a hill of beans worth the difference.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about what's going on in California specifically. There are people within your own party who I've seen suggest and I don't think that Mike Johnson was suggesting what they're accusing him of, but that basically the California shouldn't get any money unless they agreed to do a bunch of Republican stuff with their government there. And I don't know that that works out for you guys. But I remember when the Biden administration was allocating dollars to ports right and we were having like port issues after COVID and they restricted most of the spending to green improvements. Is that the middle ground where you guys can maybe say, hey, you do need to make some changes, but it doesn't turn into it looking like the Republicans are holding money hostage, Like give me that.
Speaker 1: What your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: Because I think that that is where people are going to accuse you guys of Well, I.
Speaker 5: Just want to begin with those who have family and friends. I mean, you don't have to go too far before you know somebody that had a home or had a relative or family or friends out there. So it is heartbreaking regard, even if you're frustrated like you and like me, with the layers and layers in decades of accumulating California stupidity. Even if you're frustrated about that, you can't help but be heartbroken with the lives lost and the property damage out there. And it's truly beautiful.
Speaker 1: If you lived there. I lived there for you. I went to college. Man.
Speaker 2: My cousin still lives out there. He was a little north of the fire. But it's insane, man, it's insane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I've got extended family out there to the south of it. But it's heartbreaking. And then you look at these people that don't have insurance, like you understand living in western North Carolina not having flood insurance because you're like fifty feet above the flood waters. And then all of a sudden, you know, you have a geo event that changes the course of a river, you know, a thousand year flood that's different than price controls and horror, you know, not doing controlled prescribed burns which would have eliminated this, not allowing people one of these lands to remediate the forest so that you don't have these problems, these layers and layers of environmental policy. We got to get to the real issue here, because I don't think that you need all Americans who are just trying to live their lives and force trillions of dollars of recovery in California on them as a result of the stupidity. This could have been prevented. This is layers and layers of bad policy, bad environmentalism, bad leadership, and we got it. We're going to do something. I don't know what that is now, but they have got to make a change because we can't allow stupidity and to be financed by the rest of America.
Speaker 1: So you can, you can, you really can?
Speaker 2: You put conditions on it, because remember they passed a proposition ten years ago in California build reservoirs and then didn't build any Right, they're.
Speaker 5: Still doing an environmental study after environmental study. Look, I think I can't speak for you, Casey, but I think you want clean air, you want clean water, you want us to take care of our forest. Absolutely, we want to do that. But what they've done, they they've ultimately ended up being anti human in the accumulation of their bad policies and bad leadership. And you're seeing anti human happening right now with these at least three wildfires that are raging notch could have been prevented with good policies. So where the line is, let's get this thing, let's get this fire put out, and then let's figure it out under the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: It tells me they also don't believe the climate change stuff that they're constantly on because now he believed that you would mitigate we mitigate in live. I mean that's what we do, and they didn't mitigate at all.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Steven Moore puts out a good daily email and he put in headlines from Los Angeles and this was from the nineteen thirties and it talked about fire raging. Right, this is all pre climate change stuff in ideology. Pre I means, did you have on the road in nineteen thirty how many factories? Not that many, But it's a you know, fire rages in California. But it's a headline out there and it's from Climate Depot. But again, it's not about climate change. The climate is changing, but is it demand made? That's the issue, A tiny, tiny bit. We've made it much better than had we not engaged our resources with technology like we've done over the past one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, sat, I appreciate the time.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I was reading yesterday and it was Washington posted there's less fire wildfire activity in the world now than ever before. So just something to think about. It's just that we can see it now. So I got it, more us against it.
Speaker 1: I have five seconds. I'm sorry, senator, but let's talk soon again. Okay, got it, see it all right,