Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it start at the five o'clock hour here on a beautiful Thursday afternoon. Coffee and company that is us. We are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety one more hour left and we're gonna get it. Started off with the one and the only, mister Kent Spencer from w h A S eleven. How we do it on this beautiful afternoon Kent.
Speaker 3: Man, I've loved it. I've been loving this fall break for my kids being nice a little bit, having a little bit of fun and then and then trying to get after it the office.
Speaker 2: Did you get a full week fall break when you were a kid, because I didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh, these things didn't exist.
Speaker 2: We got like two days off. I think like we would get a Thursday and a Friday, and I don't think they would call it fall break. They would call it something like, you know, teacher, the teachers had to work, but we didn't have to go to school. Now they get I mean they get a fall break, a big winter break, and a spring break. These kids don't know how good they have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, they completely take take advantage of it. I love the fact that like if you have when you have like kids in high school sports, which which I have a daughter now, and you get a fall break and all these families who kind of aren't used to how athletics you know, works, and they're like, oh my god, they're making them practice during during fall break, and I'm like, yeah, they're in season, that's how this works. They're like, well, we booked.
Speaker 2: A vacation, and yeah, I guess if you only play like fall sports, then you know, you don't have to worry about that when it comes to the spring break. But yeah, even basketball, Like I mean, you get winter break and basketball is still going on. So yeah, I guess the parents that are new to it, they're learning. Yeah, despite a school break, there's still I mean, heck, they're in the there're most of these fall sports are in the are in the middle of a of a season, probably at a at a crucial time. So uh yeah, I'm envious of I'd love a fall break, just not not taking it doesn't take away from my vacation, Like I still got all my vacation days. But we would just get to get two weeks off at Christmas, a week off in the fall, week off in spring. The schedule that kids have when they're in school, they don't realize how good they have it when they have to start working forty hours a week. You know, it's a different world. But you were in South Bend, right, I was.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I believe you said last week it was gonna be your first time there. Am I wrong about that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, it was. It was my first time in ten years ago. I was there in twenty fourteen, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I was there for that one, and then I was there for this past Saturday.
Speaker 2: So before we get to the game itself, which was just a real head scratcher as far as all the mistakes, but it sounds like they made some big improvements from the last time most Louisville fans went ten years ago. It's still, you know, viewed as an all time destination, I think, just because of the history. But I remember hearing in twenty fourteen that like it was kind of a dump, and this time around it's much better.
Speaker 3: Can I And let me just be honest with you. I think about like twenty fourteen, Like I remember the night before because we went actually down there on a Friday to do stuff for the for the shows that night, and there was snow on the ground. It was like icye It was cold that weekend, like it was the weather. The difference in weather it was was astonishing. And as far as all the logistics and stuff like that, like from our end, I think that ended up being being fine. But I think I probably didn't come away as impressed the last time as I as I was this time with the whole just kind of game day vibe and game day experience. The way that I would probably sum it up is like there's so much history and so much nostalgia that's all over the place there, but it also feels like super modern. And as I was kind of walking, you know, like going to the stadium where we were parked, and you're kind of walking through the tailgate area, like everything seemed almost like a mac and clean, even like the tailgate areas and things like that. So I was I was super impressed. I love the fact that the stadium is just kind of right there and people just they walk around in certain events are going like you know, whether it's touchdown Jesus or the grotto or other other places, like everybody has kind of torn stuff and hanging out on campus. I think that's that's that's cool, and it really kind of makes you feel that that college football vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm I'm a weirdo. I've been twice, but both times it was for basketball games and not for football. But obviously you can still take in the campus and the Joy Center is really really nice. I don't know if you've got a chance to ever if if you've ever gone in there, but yeah, the campus is cool. It's certainly got a lot of history in nostalgia, and I know a lot of Louisville fans made the trip. I'm not sure how it compares to other you know, fan bases that make it a destination to go there, but a lot of those fans that went, their drive back was was probably as frustrating as they've had felt after a lot of losses. Losing it Notre Dame by a touchdown is just you know, happens to most teams. In fact, regardless of how much you lose by most teams they go up to South Bend and play, they don't leave with the victory. What's more surprising to you the amount of unforced just you know, head scratching mistakes that Louisville made, or the fact that they made all those mistakes and yet still had a chance to win. I mean it's a weird game, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I kind of look at mistakes because you know, they had been so perfect when it came to turnovers kind of coming into the game, and and and when you're in sports long enough, you're like, man, this this stuff kind of evens out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're due. And some of the breaks that went their way against Georgia Tech, I mean they went the other way against against Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so like I kind of I kind of compare all these things to like a golf scorer. You know, like so many times you look at your golf score and you're like, man, I could have done this better. I could have done this better, could have done this better. It probably even out right, like you know, some of those turnovers that that Louisville had, you know, Notre Dame had some silly fumbles too, you know, Like I always I always kind of look at all these things kind of kind of even and out. But but that being said, they dug themselves such a hole, and it was I think at one point it was it was twenty one to seven, and I think Notre Dame had the ball, like you're in big time trouble right there, and they were able to kind of flip the script and get back into it. So I would imagine, you know, Jeff Brohm and and the cards, and even like Tyler Schuck was like, look, we look at this game as a game that we beat ourselves that and it's hard to argue kind of against that. And and not just with the turnovers. I would argue with like, you know, maybe some of the play calls that happened in certain situations like there was just there was just a lot of different things. But yet they still gave themselves a chance to at least tie the game, you know, and the and the closing minute you know of that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think, you know, just the rapid reaction as soon as the game ends, we go live here for the postgame show, and I think even this week it's kind of lingered. But it was the first time Louisville fans during the Jeff bram Era were frustrated with a loss where you felt like some decisions he made were a big factor, and you know, Jeff had a bad day. I don't I don't think anybody would disagree. I think he would agree. And it's just not something that you've said before as a Louisville fan, not to say he's been perfect. Clearly he's had I mean, they lost games last year and coaching is always a factor in that, but it was just just I felt like they would be ready to play, would be clean and not and not make those mistakes. But you're right, you know, at some point, you're It's just part of the game. It happens. It's not just football, it's sports. But it was worth something to see them make plays and fight back and have a chance to win. But man, those mistakes just never seem to end. The interception in the second half, which was easily avoidable, and then you know the debacle at the end where you get the delay. A game just a sloppy game overall. That's the word Jeff used quite a bit in his postgame press conference and even earlier this week and in his weekly press conference. So I guess my next question is is it safe to say or fair to say that Louisville from a personnelse standpoint four games in, you know, you don't seem to have any huge concerns. I think the pass protection wasn't great for Tyler Shuck. But if you're looking for a reason as a level of fan to be optimistic, I don't think you can look at your players and your talent level and feel like, well, you know, we just don't have the pieces or the guys that can compete at the top of the acc It's just about finding a way to put together a clean game.
Speaker 3: And it's and it's and it's trying to find the most consistent game as you can as you can find, because there's no I wouldn't put like, look at one position group and say, man, there is a glaring weakness there. They've got to mat these guys because they're not any good. Now. They're not perfect. Nobody is. Everybody makes mistakes. I mean, you know, pass protection can be pretty good at times, but guess what it can break down. That's just football, and and all of that stuff is the same, you know, whether it's offensive line or whether that's assignments. You know early on in the game, and by the way, some of those assignments creeped up later in the game, like sometimes you're gonna have a bust, but can you make up for the bust? So no, I don't think from a personnel standpoint like I have, I have great concerns. It's just like, how do you play situationally and time, score, momentum, all of that stuff, Like, you know, because cause you're gonna you're gonna play against teams that are built in a very similar fashion, how do you can you make those plays in the moments? You know? Last year and Jeff you know, Brown says this all the time, like, look, they got into a lot of tight games in the fourth quarter. They were able to make the winning plays in the fourth quarter. Can this group be able to do the exact same thing this year going forward? Because there's still gonna be in a lot of tight games in the fourth quarter moving forward this season. I firmly believe that.
Speaker 2: I'm with you and you know last year, I think, you know, this is just something I as somebody who you know loves sports and I played growing up. I feel like if you find yourselves in close games late, but you consistently can find ways to dig deep and make the place to win and get out. Some would say, man, you're due for a loss, or it's luck, But also I think that's a skill and a trait that a team can develop to stick with it. And they did it last year from start to finish. They had their backs against the wall against Georgia Tech in a major way. And really, as you mentioned, there were many games last year where they made the winning plays to get it done. But this year, you know, so far they've been in I guess maybe two of those games. The Georgia Tech game was also kind of weird, how it just you know, you thought it was going to be maybe a field goal that wonted, and yet Louisville won and covered. But yeah, with SMU on the schedule coming up Saturday, I mean, is that really the point of emphasis? Just kind of tightening some things up and not hurting yourself so much because you know, you look at the box score from last week, I mean, they were pretty damn good other than those turnovers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, you know against Georgia Tech too, you know you're you've got plays that Louisville was able to make. I always said, like big momentum changing plays against Georgia Tech Louisville dominated those moments, and there are moments that you really don't account for, right Like, can you really account for Haines King making that play and then you getting a you get in a scoop and score touchdown or like an interception or pick six or whatever it was, right Like, you can't really account for those things. Do you really account for the block field goal that lands right in your dude's arms and he could just you know, he can make a house? Yeah, Like like you those are things that like you don't draw up now. You have to be aggressive and you have to be ready to attack those moments. But those are those are some of those plays that like, hey, it just went in your favor on that day. But like against an SMU, like you know, one of the things are like the busts early on in games. I know that that really has bothered Brohm so far this season. Can you tighten that up? Can you make it? Can you make it hard? Especially in your house against an SMU team that has to be quite honest with you, looked really really impressive so far this season. Because remember when we were looking we were talking about Louisville versus Georgia Tech they they won a hard fought game against Florida State, and we were like, I don't know how much that win looks. SMU smashed Florida State.
Speaker 2: Yea, they embarrassed.
Speaker 3: So this is like we're talking about something you know, completely different, and you know, the Notre Dame game. I'm sure this is the one thing that and I remember, like Charlie Strong used to say this all the time, don't let a game beat you twice. You know, like you know, you can have a game that you felt like you should have had and maybe it slips away. Don't let it beat you twice. One of the things that I would say in the in the postgame news conference after Notre Dame is is whether it was Jared Dawson or whether it was Colin Lacey, Like they fully grasped the fact that, yes, this is one loss, but we still have everything in front of us that we want to accomplish this year. We can still win the ACC Football Playoff. It's all still it's all still right there. It's a bump in the road, but I still felt that they were very confident. They need to be that way.
Speaker 2: On Saturday, Kent Spencer of WHS eleven is our guest joining us here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Let's switch gears here to Kentucky, who's coming off of easily one of the biggest wins that Mark Stoops has had in his time at Kentucky. And obviously, you know, we'll see how the rest of the season plays out with both these teams. And I'm not here to say that, you know, ole Miss isn't going to be great, because I mean, I think they've got a chance to be really, really good this year. But what I took away from that game kent was that I feel like as much as Mark Stoops gets criticized for conservative play and just some of the decisions he makes, and you know, coaches get criticism whenever you lose, that's part of it. But I felt like that was really a masterclass by Mark Stoops because they were able to play that game at a pace that really almost felt like ole Miss never really got the game started. They got a touchdown drive at the beginning of the game, and then I think they did the same thing in the second half, and really from then on they were never really full comfortable. I mean, they got one loss that's just a real head scratcher. That's South Carolina played Georgia close and then they and they picked up a monster win. I mean, I actually think Kentucky's got a chance to be pretty damn good. I don't know if the record will show it, because they still have Tennessee and Texas and Louisville and whatnot. But I think it's wild to see Kentucky now compared to where we were talking about him after that South Carolina loss. As you said, it wouldn't have been a shock to anybody if the bottom completely fell out, bottoming that.
Speaker 3: Well, and there's a you know, it's a funny thing like when you look at their schedule up to this point, their record is what you thought it would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just it's just swapped, right. They should have beat South Carolina. Everybody thought they were gonna lose, do all miss, Yeah, and then you had and then you had a very competitive game against Georgia that nobody would have expected.
Speaker 3: I don't think, and nobody thought and nobody thought they were going to be competitive against Georgia, you know, and I I sure didn't, And I didn't think they had a chance to go down there and beat Old Miss. I mean, you know, one of the things that I think when you look at them, and it's it's pretty clear to see right now, like their defense is really good.
Speaker 2: It's nasty. It looks like an NFL defense with the upfront, the size they've got.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, it's it's it's really really good. And you know, so far to this point, and we'll see if this, if this is something that that continues. Is like, man, when they when they get you, you're they bring you to the ground. And I know that sounds like simple enough, but how many mistackles do you see in college football? And like they're they're pretty sure tacklers and when they get there, they've got some bad intentions, which is what you what you have to do. And so I think their defense is really really good. After that South Carolina game, whether it was via injuries or maybe making some change ups, I think that they has they have shared some things up on that offensive line. They've gotten better there. They still have a ways to go, but it's gotten better. And I'm gonna be guilty as charged. Like we were up in the press box at South Bend and they had the game on up there, so we were we were watching it then and even against maybe like against Georgia he made some of these throws and then last week against Ohio, Like, I think the more he plays and the more confidence he gets because he's been a backup his whole life, Like Brock Vandergriff's got talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a tough kid. So I think they found somebody there, right, Like, I think they found somebody that they feel really good about, you know, going for the rest of the season. I don't know what it needs. I feel like the next three weeks after this by week, and I can be wrong on a place or two, I think they got They got Vanderbilt at home. I think they go to Florida and maybe have Auburn at home. That's a big three game stretch for them because it really gets, you know, things, the Screws really start to tighten down the stretch of their season. And so that's a that's a big three weeks for that program moving forward. Obviously, Max Harrison, it doesn't look like he's going to be back anytime soon. That's going to be a big loss at the secondary. But you know what, they played pretty well without even Old Miss. But you know, and one of the things in the old miss game and it's almost like we'll even go back to Louisville Notre Dame if you don't mind for a second. Like Mark Stoops kind of had to change the stripes a little bit in that game, right, Like he had to, like they slowed it down and they dumbed it down, but right like he had to make some gutty calls and he had to make some gutty decisions and do some gutty things in order for them to be able to pull off that win. Like he had to change his stripes just a little bit. Now on the flip side, you know, like I thought, Jeff Brohman and Louisville Notre Dame, Like there was moments where I was like I wouldn't make that call, but you know what, he would, and his fan base loves him for it because you know, like Jeff is going to be super aggressive and that's just the way it is. And you may at times you may disagree with it, but guess what, if it works, you're gonna love it, you know what I mean. Like that's just the way that that he is on how he goes about his his game plan. But with Stoops, he's always so so conservative and he had to try to change it around a little bit to get his team over the hump.
Speaker 2: And it paid off. I would imagine if your stoops, you know, you were able to see Okay, yeah, if we do take a risk, I've got some weapons that, you know, make that decision a little bit easier. Barion Brown's a tough guy to cover, and I wouldn't be shocked if that play works more often than it doesn't, dependent upon you know, the situation. I just think their defense is so good that their offense really doesn't have to do a whole lot. But I think their offense actually has the pieces to be you know, successful. I mean, Dank he's really good as well at running back their missing chip train. I mean, I guess they don't really know what they're missing. He's never played yet, but the I forget the name of the guy who stepped in and actually done pretty well. I think he's one of the lead, one of the top rushers in the SEC. So yeah, if I was a Kentucky fan, I mean I would be looking at at the rest of this schedule and saying, hey, you know, stopping ole miss and containing them offensively, you know, that's that doesn't mean you're going to be able to do it against Tennessee and Texas, but it's got to make you feel better about it. So yeah, I would. I would not have expected we'd be here talking about Kentucky like this following that South Carolina loss. But to your point, their record is, I think, exactly what everybody said it would be, which you know, that's that's a silver lining I think if you're if you're a Kentucky fan, all right, real quick, I got to ask you this, Ken. We've done this I think the last couple of weeks, and it's been a roller coaster of a season when it comes to the NFL right now, because any result can't really surprise you, and I guess you can always say that in the NFL. But to see just like a team that you thought might be the worst team in the league beating a team that was unbeaten. That's happened multiple times so far. So right now, who would you say are the four best teams in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Four best teams in the NFL? I would say the Chiefs. I don't I don't know how you cannot say the Chiefs. Agree? Give me the Detroit Lions. Like, give me, give me the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need they got a big win and need it in a major way to erase those first couple of losses.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, so I think they've hit a couple. They've hit a couple, They hit a couple of speed bumps to start their season. But I think they've they've course corrected quite nicely. By the way, there's a big one on Sunday in the Jungle. But I'll put them up and then I'll go back to the NFC, maybe the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, they're unbeaten and they've they've looked good so far. It's hard to I mean hard to trust them because they've had starts where they look pretty solid and then it falls apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, I mean, like, but but the thing about it is, like the only team I would say that I fully trust is the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: And that's been and that's got to be based off of like just what they've done over the years, because they found ways to win games when it hasn't been pretty this year, and they've they've looked It's not saying they've looked terrible, but you know, I think nearly every one of their games outside of one, which it's not as if they played a ton of them. But like they could have easily lost to the to the to the to the, they should have lost to the Bengals. They easily could have lost to the Ravens. Heck, the Titan or the Titans, but the Falcons had.
Speaker 3: A chance for bringing that back up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm sorry, but hey, the Bengals got their first win. That's got to make you feel better, right, would have been really really bad if Andy Dalton beat them like that would have been that would have been very sad. But it didn't happen, right, Yeah, but hey, they got their first win, and you know, you got to start somewhere. But Ken, I appreciate the time as always, good stuff. Always enjoy the conversation, Have yourself a good weekend and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: Brother, Hey baby, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, that's Ken Spencer whas eleven Really good stuff. One of my favorite segments of the week, no doubt. I'll tell you my favorite when it comes to taking care of your pets. You guys already know who it is, but I'm gonna tell you anyway. It's Jefferson Animal Hospital. They are there for you throughout the entire year, day or night, holiday, Christmas, whatever. They are there for you when it comes to an emergency for your pet or just because you need to get something checked out. It didn't have to be an emergency. But that's why you should trust them, because hey, an emergency, they're there. But also you can you can make an appointment any day, any night, walk in talk to them. You know some people, I mean, a pet is part of your family, so you know, you want to be able to trust the folks who are going to be treating your pet, taking care of your pet when it comes to just their overall health or in case of an emergency. And the folks at Jefferson Animal Hospital know that. So again, don't have to state to give them a call. Their numbers five oh two five o two nine hundred pets and you can check them on online at Jefferson Vetts dot com or you can just stop in and see them, have a conversation. Right Maybe you want that face to face to feel assured that you're putting your pets in the right hands. I can tell you that you are, but maybe you want to find out for yourself. I'm very confident that you would agree. So again, it's Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer loop, open twenty four hours a day, three hundred and sixty five days a year. They've always got a doctor on staff in case of an emergency, and they're there for you. Fibbo two nine hundred pets is the number, or you can visit Jefferson Vetts dot com quick break. We'll come back on the other side and finish strong here. We got about thirty minutes left on a Thursday afternoon on Sports Talk seven to ninety. Make sure you tune in on game day Saturday. We will get it started at eleven AM with the Louisville Football Pregame Show presented by Pellow Windows and Doors of Central Kentucky in Jefferson Animal Hospital. We'll go till noon. Kickoff of course, is at noon on ESPN, and then we'll go live as soon as it ends, probably around three p thirty ish. I would say it's a guess, but we'll react to it on the Louisville Football postgame Show presented by Alex R. White Lawyers, Sue Distracted Driver dot Com. All right, so this is one of those things that I feel sorry for this person However, this is a human that, like, given his career, his success, like, he's probably not somebody that many would ever feel sorry for. But as Shannon Sharp, who was a really really good NFL player, really good tight end, had himself, you know, a hell of a career, and I don't really know what he did early in his retirement, but he's become one of the bigger, the bigger personalities. I mean, I guess he's an analyst. He clearly knows the game, but like he's he's a And by the way, I'm a big fan of Shannon Sharp. I think he's really really entertaining. I think he has a good balance to where he I actually enjoy listening to him talk football and talk about his career. But also he's just he's kind of funny to me. But I do feel sorry for him after hearing a story that he shared on his podcast with Mark Cuban. So he made a ton of money in his NFL career, and he's making a lot of money now for ESPN. So I would imagine if he's smart, he'll never run out of money. He'll probably always be very very well off, but he could be maybe I don't know. One of the richest people of all time. That's not my tax bracket, so I don't really know how, you know, what you would need to be worth as far as your net worth to be one of the richest people of all time. But Shannon Sharp had just signed with the Ravens and he had money. This was way back in the day, and his agent was kind of helping him when it comes to finances.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm sorry it wasn't his agent, it was his financial guy. So he had a financial advisor as a young NFL player, which I'm sure most of them do. And he said he really wanted to buy three hundred thousand dollars worth of Google stock, and his financial guy advised against it, saying it'd be a bad investment because it's overpriced. That would now be worth three trillion dollars. According to Mark Cuban, here is the clip from the podcast.
Speaker 4: I remember when Google came out and they thought that the shares were going to open up about eighty five dollars this year, and I remember sitting to my financial guys and I'm like, oh, you know what. I had just signed with the Ravens, so I had some money and I was like, man, I'd like to buy you know, three hundred thousand dollars worth. Well, it opens up at went fifteen and he says it's overpriced, and so you know it's going to come back.
Speaker 5: But they don't have the profit. Yeah, hey, I've done that for you. I know you're not the first one to say it's like in video. It's like in video right now, right, Like I told my son, my son wanted to invest in, and he bought some and I'm like, you know, I'd rather see it come down first, and my son's like, got you who's the expert now right?
Speaker 4: And how many times has Google split?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean you know it's worth over three trillion dollars three trillion dollars trillions trillions, I mean not billions, that's a thousand billions, a trillion dollars.
Speaker 4: So that my investment, I'd have been a billionaire.
Speaker 2: With you right, get fucked up. We got it, We get it, we got it. I double hit the dumb button. So I think everybody heard the what we needed to hear there. Sorry I didn't have the podcast. Yeah yeah, they'll they'll, they'll get a treat. And I wouldn't if somebody was gonna slip up and say a word you can't say on the radio. I probably would have gone with you and Sharp, but it was Mark Cuban. But I mean, I feel like even if you are somebody that is that is as wealthy as Shannon Sharp, but I don't know, you know, I don't know if he's I mean, he's clearly making great money now with ESPN, but you got to keep in mind he hadn't played the game in a long time, and the contracts back then, you know, what he was making then should have still been a lot to where he should be doing fine. But like it's a different world now and he hadn't played the game in a long time. So I don't care. If I was well off with a net worth of I don't know, eighty million, it would kill me. And I'm somebody who overthinks everything I get in my own head a lot. I don't know if i'd ever get over that. And you know, you can blame your financial guy, but I mean, it's your money. You can do whatever you want. But if you're a fresh out of college and you're just now in a situation with that kind of money, I would trust the financial guy before I would make that kind of decision. I would hope that's not still his financial guy. I gotta hang get. I can't relate. I've never I've never invested money, and I don't think I probably ever will as far as like, you know, a big chunk of money to hopefully see a good return. I mean, maybe one day I have money like that, but I don't now, and I don't see a scenario where I'm you know, in that position. Not to act like I'm you know, I'm poor, but you know, to be able to you know, if you've got money to invest, you're taking a risk that's just money you have, honestly to lose. Now, maybe you're a bad investor and you take risks that you shouldn't take. But like, if you could invest one hundred thousand dollars in something three hundred thousand dollars like Shannon Sharp, like you know going in you may not get that back, and you're willing to live with it. But that would eat me alive, wouldn't it you?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But what do you do with a trillion dollars? Well, technically so the value is a trillion for Google, but you know the way they describe it share, yeah, the way, But again, there aren't that many billionaires out there, right, I mean, he'd be like the football Elon Musker like that. I'm fascinated by people who might have made that kind of investment and turned it an insane profit, making them potentially billionaires, because I just I'm of the belief, you know, it's just I would you know, I know that's not the case, but just when I think of people who are insanely rich, like with a B, not an M, but a B, I think of its being somebody that that is famous that if you said their name, I would know. But I'm fascinated about people who live a very modest life low key. Clearly they're not they're not living on the streets, but like they don't need the insanely humongous mansion. They've just got a moderate mansion, you know what I mean. Like, I don't know, fascinated by people who have all that money and yet they don't they don't really want people to know. I don't think i'd want people to know if I was rich. Yeah, I think I'm the same way, But I also know that, like I don't know how I would act if I was rich, because I've never you know, really being that kind of like that's wealthy, and that's like really just you're a very unrelatable person to the vast majority of the world. And you're very fortunate, you know. And and I'm sure many people who have put themselves in that situation they worked their ass off, or maybe they got lucky. I don't know, maybe they were, maybe they're married into it. Like the lady who divorced Bezos. I mean, like I don't know what her career was before she married him, but her biggest move financially was divorcing him and getting a big chunk of his money. Did you know Kentucky, by the way, is the is I think it was. It ranked forty ninth out of fifty as far as states with prenups, Like, nobody in Kentucky does the prenup. Well, I don't think my wife and I did the prenup. Oh you would. You don't know if you did a prenup, that means you probably didn't, right, Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I'm aware of what it is. Yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean, I think it'd be a very I know why people don't do it. It'd be a very awkward conversation, especially for those who get married young. Feels like we both did get divorced, Yeah exactly, exactly, or like, you know, hey, I want to make sure, yeah we're we're getting married, We're gonna share life together, but you I want to make it clear that what's mine's mind like that? That to me, that would be a very uncomfortable conversation. All right, let's get to a break. We'll come back here on the other side. Wrap this thing up. It is coffee and Company. Feel by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. So next week on Wednesday and Thursday, I will be in Charlotte for the ACC basketball tip off. We are going to have coach Kelsey on the show on Thursday. That's the day for I think all players and coaches. There's like nothing public about the event that's out there. There's just emails that have come in from you know, the media contact, but like there's been no like I don't know if they're doing it differently this year, but I do have a spot set up on Radio Row, so we'll be there Wednesday Thursday. Wednesday is when the commissioner is going to talk, but I'm not really sure how they're I don't really know the plans, to be honest with you, but I know we're set up and coach Kel's is expected to be on with us in the four o'clock hour and then and I also so don't know which players are going with Louisville, but whoever it is, whichever two players are there, we should have them on as well. So another sign that basketball season is around the corner. I know football is the focus right now for obvious reason. But Friday tomorrow just a day away Louisville Live. I mean, that's the first official Louisville basketball event for Pat Kelsey here as the coach. It's not a real game. It's just a chance to see the players and they'll be introduced and usually that's just, you know whatever, it's just a party. Let them get out there and dance and try to entertain the crowd or whatever it is they want to do. But as I talked about yesterday, there's gonna be real value for those in attendance to you know, listen as Lance McGarvey announces each and every player, so you can, you know, take notes and put a name to a face and whatnot. Because this is unfamiliar circumstances here where you have an entire new team. I do think a lot of fans are familiar with the roster for the most part, or at least decently, just because it was very exciting to watch. Should all come together. But I mean talk about a brand. I mean we've talked about brand. A brand new team has been mentioned many times, but it's usually in the previous world. It would be because you've got guys who played two minutes a game that are now going to be starters. Now you got guys that you'll be seeing for the first time. And I think this person on the text line earlier this week mentioned it more so to just kind of you know, for effect, which I get it, but maybe they're maybe it's true. Like I have to remind myself at times that like I followed this way more than most because it's, you know, one, I'm I'm a huge fan, but also like it's kind of part of what I do right, not to say we need to break down the roster every day, but not a great look for me if I'm not familiar with the personnel on the basketball teams around here, but like if the starting five walked in without uniforms on somewhere like to dinner, you know, there'd be a lot of people that wouldn't know who they are. Hopefully that changes once the season starts, because I think these guys are a good group of dudes who certainly have talent. But you know, you could you could you could say, you know, just in you know, the rare times I've been around any of these guys since they got here, even though louisvell is coming off of a few really tough years, and the dudes who played college basketball for a long time, even they have not been in the college game when Louis has been relevant, but they come from places like South Florida and Long Beach State BYU to where you know, this is like Louis is different. You know, our fan base is just different. And I mean that in a good way, all right. Jefferson Animal Hospital, once again, not only do you need to keep them in mind for obvious reasons if an emergency happens with your pet or you just want to find a new you know, a new a new place to take your pet to get checked up on. I mean that obviously there's a lot of value there, but also their blood bake event is coming up here in sixteen days October the nineteenth. They're going to have the Pints for Paws and People event at Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer Loop. You can bring your pets, bring your family, enjoy food. They're gonna have live demonstrations on pet blood donations and the upper unity for you to donate blood yourself with the American Red Cross. So Pints for Pauls from people October nineteenth, tended to. All pets are welcome, All people are welcome. You can get more info at Pet Bloodbank dot com or give him a call babo to nine hundred pets. All Right, you got any action tonight, John, you're making any wagers my friend?
Speaker 1: Tonight, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I do have a parlay for the weekend, but we can save that for I may just I may just tail you because you got the momentum. In fact, you may not want that because that could be bad luck for you. But we do have a couple of games tonight, Sam Houston State and UTEP and Texas State and Troy. I do like I do like Texas State. They burned me earlier this year, but Troy's really down. So on the NFL side. Pretty decent game for a Thursday. The Buccaneers have been really impressive so far this year, and obviously the Falcons, you know, they don't have a great record, but you know, I think they're clearly better with Kirk Cousins than they were with whoever was quarterback last year, Desmond Ritter, poor guy who Louisville native was pulling for him. But get what did he last in the league two years? He's already out. It's tough, all right, Have a good night, everybody. We'll talk to you tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety