Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped news didn't need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino. Here, we got a full house.
Speaker 5: We got Kevin Calkin our expert today for cars, Today's Car Friday. And then I have Deputy d here, and then we have who anyone in the house, Katchina do.
Speaker 2: We have our deputies studio Tom and Doc.
Speaker 5: You can feel free to come over to the home studio anytime you want as well. I've expanded it a bit, but welcome Doc, and today is our day. We're going to try to solve your problems with cars. But of course we'll talk about any thing. Right now, Let's just go to Barry and then here's one thing I do want to mention though, that scumbag contractor has never contacted us.
Speaker 2: And he wanted to go on.
Speaker 5: He was all justin Garcia, was all put out that we were talking about and he is with a Patriot remodeling services LS.
Speaker 6: Tom, do you have an update about that?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 6: For the first thirty minutes of the Dan Kaplis Show, which you could hear here on kow.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, yes, brother Justin called in.
Speaker 6: Well why, well, very interesting. Yeah, yeah, he didn't want to come on.
Speaker 2: But why did he call in?
Speaker 6: Because you were making him sound.
Speaker 3: Like that you were mean, Tom.
Speaker 2: In other words, I laid out the facts.
Speaker 5: He put down, He put down sixty, she put down sixty two thousand dollars for them, and he.
Speaker 6: Kept it yep, yep. And he admitted that. And he said everything is going to be admitted in court.
Speaker 2: For court, create in court.
Speaker 6: So why do I have to come on your program? I don't have to. I'm innocent, okay.
Speaker 5: Well, there's no innocent or guilty. It's a civil matter, righted. But it is also the Contractor's Trust Act that I believe can have some criminal criminal ramifications.
Speaker 2: Well, that could be true. Did you ask him to come on the show till today? I did?
Speaker 6: He hung up on me?
Speaker 2: How many did he call in? More than once? No?
Speaker 6: Just once? But I did have to put him on hold because we did have Darren callers, you know, because of course does calls.
Speaker 2: But he stayed on.
Speaker 6: For thirty minutes. Wow, and he finally just ended up hanging up on me.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, listen the guys a scumbag. Okay, I want I want to also talk about some other stuff.
Speaker 2: For example, we have.
Speaker 5: Issues with Federal Express that I cannot believe the nerve I hit with that post I made and with the talk on radio Federal Express ground folks just want you to know, not a good company. Okay, They're taken over by subcontractors. And I'm not the only one with these problems getting deliveries. So Barry, let's talk about your car batteries. Well, oh, I'm Tom Martinez. What's going on, Barry? Is Barry with us?
Speaker 2: Day? Barried?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, what's going on? Sir Barry? What's happening?
Speaker 7: See?
Speaker 5: You need to tell us your problem and we're gonna help you. What's going on? Okay, let's move on. Sorry, Barry, you had your chance. Bro I can't wait. Okay, now, if you can revive him, maybe send paramedics or something, then I will go back to him right now.
Speaker 2: Carmen, what's going on with you? Carmen? Okay, now I'm getting a complex.
Speaker 3: Kelly's still on the phone screen in that call. Let's go track back to Barry.
Speaker 9: I think he may be there.
Speaker 2: Hey, Barry, what's happening.
Speaker 10: I'm here.
Speaker 11: Can you hear me now?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, yes I can, sir. What's going on, Barry?
Speaker 11: Yeah, a year ago I bought a replacement from Triple A.
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Was it roadside?
Speaker 11: They came of the house because the battery is dead. I couldn't take it.
Speaker 2: Anywhere, okay.
Speaker 11: And and then they put it in and it was fine.
Speaker 2: It was And this was last year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was a five battery.
Speaker 2: How much five year?
Speaker 11: Two hundred?
Speaker 2: I mean how much? How much was it the cost? Two? Okay?
Speaker 11: And this year I guess it was about a month ago. It was what hang on a second time, That's not what we're asking. I went out to start the car and it wouldn't start, couldn't couldn't get any juice to.
Speaker 2: The was it was it the battery again?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was the battery.
Speaker 5: Well, it could be that it was never the battery, and that you still have the same problem and it takes a while for that battery you see.
Speaker 2: Sometimes correct me if I'm wrong. Kevin. Kevin does a lot of electrical work too, so you called the right place.
Speaker 5: But sometimes what happens is they they don't fully charge because of something wrong with your system, but they partially charge and it takes a long time for it to manifest.
Speaker 2: Maybe not, Kevin, is that right?
Speaker 9: No, it's entirely possible. Yeah, if it was anything else ever checked, or you just replace the battery and everything seems.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did Triple A come to your house and simply replace the battery or did they do anything else?
Speaker 11: No, they replaced the battery it.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, you should have a good warranty on that battery. It's a good battery.
Speaker 5: Is the battery bad? Did you find out if the battery is bad?
Speaker 11: My problem is they're not honoring the warranty.
Speaker 5: Well, we have to first discern is the battery bad? Okay, it is a bad battery, that's for sure.
Speaker 11: They can't. Yes, okay, they came out and they checked it and send another person out and they checked it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they said it And what are they saying?
Speaker 11: They said it was because I didn't drive the car every day or once a week.
Speaker 2: How much did you drive it?
Speaker 11: It was just a periodic going out and starting it started flying.
Speaker 5: Like roughly how much did you start the car over the past year that this happened since the new battery just roughly.
Speaker 12: Seven seven eight times times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, Kevin, that's bad. What kind of car no battery would keep a charge?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Every car has.
Speaker 5: Well, so they're kind of right, but I'm not sure. Hold on the battery. That shouldn't ruin the battery though, and.
Speaker 9: They shouldn't ruin your warranty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that shouldn't.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not going to keep the battery charge necessarily, but it shouldn't ruin the battery.
Speaker 2: I'm not believing. Then go ahead.
Speaker 11: We tried charging it. I tried charging it and it would go up to three volts and that was it. So it won't take a charge charge.
Speaker 9: Has anybody tried to jump it? Did Triple A try to jump start the car?
Speaker 11: I don't remember.
Speaker 5: And did you see the terms of the warranty that said you had to drive a certain amount of miles?
Speaker 11: They said it was on the back of the receipts, and I didn't keep the receipts. I never expected a battery.
Speaker 7: To go back.
Speaker 2: That's bull crap. You know what what you that's total bull crap. Okay, that's why if you can get it to me, we can get here.
Speaker 9: Because NAPA and Triple A partner in the batteries.
Speaker 2: Here's what you do, Barry.
Speaker 5: If you go to Sheridan and that's one year old battery, he'll get it replaced or he'll figure out what the real problem is. Sheridan Auto Tech. Seriously, Okay, where are you? Where are you located?
Speaker 2: Where you live?
Speaker 11: I'm there, I'm in Aurora at Parker and Yale across the Yam.
Speaker 2: You're you're You're far away.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to tell you this, okay, And I tell this to everyone when it comes to repairs and maintenance. When it's especially something like this electrical or if it's a major thing, it's well worth the drive he's on. He's on Colfax, west of Wadsworth. Please go there and see him. Three oh three, four, five, five, seventy two forty two is that right?
Speaker 11: Seventy two forty two right, So give me the address again please, It's.
Speaker 9: Seventy eight to sixty four West Cold.
Speaker 11: Sixty four West cools.
Speaker 2: Now why would they tell him that?
Speaker 9: Though I've never in my life heard that, and especially not in writing that. That's nonsense. I'd be I shouldn't say nonsense. I'd be shocked if it was written down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm interested to see what Kevin finds. He's going to check this out at no charge.
Speaker 5: But then if if it's something else, you'll have to charge. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now garage fell on her car. Wow, we have to talk about that coming back. And then an issue with citywide banks. We love talking about your problems. We love better when we can solve those problems, and we'll do all of that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Don't forget eight eight eight heating dot Com. Now's the time to call them to check your furnace before winner. They're great, honest, good people. Yes, I love them, use them, and you know we have good companies more than one eight eight eight Heating dot Com is one of them. Three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, Hall Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five. My goodness, Carmen reading this description, Kachina Calori put up here. That's my affectionate name for Kelly Cacerra, and whatever the heck you know that's Kachina. Anyway, Carmen, what happened? Oh my god, Oh my god, Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Okay, So I'm leaving the garage and now.
Speaker 2: You're talking about your your garage at home, right, No, this is a garage at my job. Oh, and they have the.
Speaker 13: Underground garage inside of a hotel. I work on the second floor of the building, and so the you know, the garage.
Speaker 5: So, but the parking garage is under a hotel, and then your office is above the hotel or how does that work?
Speaker 13: My office is on the second floor floor. Okay, I'm in the underground parking got it. And so I'm leaving the office and I'm driving up to I'm driving up the ramp and all of a sudden just something just fell on my car and I had I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Now where where was it?
Speaker 5: Was it while you were in the garage or just exiting the girls?
Speaker 13: I was exiting the garage, I.
Speaker 2: Was Did it? Did it fall from inside or outside? Is what I'm getting at. Did it like, did it hit you on the outside where your was your car? Outside? Or inside?
Speaker 14: Uh? Inside?
Speaker 15: Inside?
Speaker 2: Okay? What what fell.
Speaker 13: Side the garage?
Speaker 2: What fell?
Speaker 13: Apparently it was the garage door. I had no idea what fell on like?
Speaker 2: Now, did it fall or close on it? There's a difference. Did it fall or close?
Speaker 13: I don't even know. Honestly, I don't even know if it's.
Speaker 5: How does it normally? Tell me how it normally works when you're leaving? How does it normally work? Does it sense you and then roll up?
Speaker 13: Honestly, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know.
Speaker 12: There was a garage door.
Speaker 2: Oh wait? So normally wait, normally, that's what I'm asking.
Speaker 5: When you enter that garage, there's no door, no when and when you leave, and usually when you leave there's no door.
Speaker 2: Correct, Okay, But this time I didn't.
Speaker 5: Even know this time, right, it must have been a roll up and was it a roll up door, one of those metal doors.
Speaker 13: Yes, it is. It's a roll up door.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 13: Roll up door.
Speaker 2: And that's why you.
Speaker 13: They told me that they had just fixed it. And so I'm driving and all of a sudden it came down.
Speaker 5: Now when it came down, do you know if it came down under control or if it dropped. Do you have any idea it dropped?
Speaker 2: I mean, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a slow kind of hit. It wasn't a slow kind of hit like it was like bam.
Speaker 13: Yes, it was bam. And it just crushed my windshield. My I'd see my windshield. It's shattering and it's coming towards me and retracting again. And the top of my car was wait wait wait.
Speaker 2: So then after it hit it went back up. No no, oh, I said, what did you mean by retracted again?
Speaker 13: What does that mean my windshield? I'm talking about my windshield? It hit my windshields oh, and it caved in, wield pushed cating in and then going back out.
Speaker 2: I mean, why did it go back out? Was the door still lay Was the door still laying on the windshield?
Speaker 14: Yes, yes it was.
Speaker 13: No, the door was on the roof because I was driving.
Speaker 2: Oh got it?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yes, I was moving and then it hits the wind shield.
Speaker 5: Obviously obviously the building owner or whoever they owe you, right, I mean, now your insurance.
Speaker 2: Do you have comprehensive?
Speaker 13: Oh that's that's another story. I've always had comprehensive and just these last six months because I only drive my car like twice a week. I go to work twice a week, and yeah, I drive it in my garage at home and I dropped it and all of a sudden, this thing happens to me, and I have no coverage other than okay.
Speaker 5: But the building should take care of it. How much damage do you have? I'm going to guess about four grand?
Speaker 2: No, maybe more.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, if it's the roof and the windshield, you could have like eight thousand.
Speaker 13: It's now it's up to thirteen thousand.
Speaker 2: Thou what year? What kind of car do you have?
Speaker 13: I have a twenty seventeen Subaru cross Track with ice sights. I mean, it's loaded, it's got a lot of will belgae.
Speaker 5: Well, did their insurance Carmen Let's speed through this. Did the insurance their insurance contact you? Did you talk to them.
Speaker 13: I did, okay, so I talked to you insurance company. They accepted the claim. So they told the autobody shop to fix it and if there's any additional cost charges, we'll go ahead and pay them. Well, the autobody they haven't done anything to it, they have not started working on it, and they've had it since the first of August.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's that. Listen. Listen, listen.
Speaker 5: Carmen, Carmen, Carmen, you're not going to believe this, but my daughter was parked at a building and a roofing company dropped a giant bundle on her, or dropped something on her car. It smashed the windshield, it smashed the front part of a roof and overt a.
Speaker 2: Rail they call it the rail, the support.
Speaker 5: Rail, and it caved in her No, it gouged her dash. So now listen, So immediately this company was very responsible. A supervisor came out and he waited with the car and had the windshield immediately replaced so she could at least drive.
Speaker 2: And they cleaned out the glass. Then he said take it to a body shop, get an estimate. We'll pay for it. And of course they've.
Speaker 5: Been in constant touch with me, and so I did this, but I want to explain something. This is the way I do it with body shops. I've done it with my car, and I'm doing it with hers. I call them up, this is McDonald Hyundai, and I said, listen, could you order the parts? Because she took it over there for an estimate. Order the parts. I'll pay for him. Then when they come in, let's make an appointment, because otherwise your car sits there waiting for parts. So my daughter's car is going in Monday and will be done in a few days, as opposed waiting another extra week or two for parts.
Speaker 2: I think it was two weeks.
Speaker 5: So what I'm getting at is that you left it with a body shop. Then what they do is take it apart, look at it, and they have to get approval. Then they have to order parts.
Speaker 2: Then they have to wait a lot of that's not the body shop's fault.
Speaker 5: Then they have to wait for an adjuster. It's not a body shop. But what body shop is it? Out of curiosity Auto.
Speaker 13: Nation Collision, Well, tom My concern. My concern is is after let's see, yesterday the insurance company spoke to the autobody adjuster and said, well, this is the cost is going above what we want to pay, so we are taking it to the loss you know, another section division of the insurance company, because they may total my car and I don't want that because it's paid for and I'm not going to get into a vehicle like what I have now.
Speaker 2: With Well, you don't have a choice value of it. You don't have a choice I want.
Speaker 13: Well, isn't there anything that I can do to prevent them from totling my car?
Speaker 5: There's not unless they do it unjustly. Let me explain something to you.
Speaker 2: If it will.
Speaker 5: Take let's say nineteen thousand to fix your car, and your car is worth fifteen, they have a right to pay you what your car is worth.
Speaker 2: But listen to me, Carmen.
Speaker 5: You're assuming they're not going to pay what it's worth and you're not going to be able to get another car. Technically, the way this works, they're supposed to truly make you whole.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can replace that car. How many miles on it? What year? Tell me twenty seventeen, super, how many miles?
Speaker 13: Fifty three thousand?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it's not that car is not a bad car.
Speaker 13: It's a bit of car. SUPERU dealership is in wanting to buy it from me. They keep treating me, but I love it. It's a bit of a really good No.
Speaker 2: I understand. And what model did she say it was? keV? What model is it? Hey? Look it up, keV? What model.
Speaker 9: It was?
Speaker 10: A cross Tech tom cross.
Speaker 13: Track cross track, Superkay cross track with the eye by sight, you know whatever?
Speaker 2: Okay? Fifty three k fifty three thousand miles? Okay, what did you pay for it? Did you buy it?
Speaker 9: News?
Speaker 2: I don't even remember, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 13: Yes, we bought a brand new I think about twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Listen, you're assuming you're not going to be treated fairly, which is a good assumption. But they need to assess it, and they have a right to do it. But I want to ask something very obvious. Are they paying for a rental?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 5: Then here's what I want you to do, Carmen, Carmen, you're not out of car. Don't rush him. Here's what I want you to do. We can rush him when it comes time. It's not at a bad body shop. And this company, what's the name of the insurance company?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Not a bad insurance company. Not great, not bad. Here's what I would do. I would call Petty Details on our referral list and you talk to you talk to justin Petty Details. Go to Okay, get that number for Kachina if you could Petty Details now here. Let me tell you what he does. He does this all over the country for people. He evaluates their cars to make sure they get a fair price. He's going to give you, free of charge his first blush price on that car based on what it is. If it's too far off from there, then we're going to have to go to war with this insurance company. And we can tell you how to do that, but at least wait to see what they offer you. I know you love your car. Now there is another option. If they offer you an amount of money to total it and you want to buy it back, you can literally buy it back and still have some cash to go toward fixing it, but you will have to pay for the salvage to get it back.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: For example, Let's say it's going to take twenty five or twenty to fix it, and they say, no way, we're going to total it. Okay, So let's say they total it and it's twenty and you want to get it back. They may charge you three to four grand to get it back, so you only get seventeen or sixteen. But if you can get it fixed for sixteen or seventeen, then you take the liability going forward. But keep this in mind, it's not always a good idea to do that. People who are in love with their cars, I almost always recommend they get another car. That's just my opinion, because you're never going to sell the car, You're going to be buried in it, and you will never be able to get another total loss again in an accident. So I'm just saying that the only way I would buy back salvage is if it was hail damage, because that doesn't really hurt the structure, frame or integrity of the car.
Speaker 2: But just let's take it one step at a time. Really, right now, right now, I want you to get as Kelly, make sure she gets that number for petty details.
Speaker 5: Then let's see what they offer first. Let's not just assume they're going to screw you. Okay, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three ZHO three seven to one three Talk seven one three eight two five five. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best rufer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino here, welcome.
Speaker 5: Get your calls in with any car problems or of course, any consumer problem, question or complaint three o three seven to one three talk, or you can call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight.
Speaker 2: Four six six Steve.
Speaker 5: What is going on with city wide banks?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah? They How this all started was last Friday.
Speaker 11: I got an.
Speaker 14: Email from a pay Pal saying an invoice was made up for a bitcoin.
Speaker 13: And if there was a mistake, a purchased to call this numbers. So I called the number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, hold on? Where would this notice came by email?
Speaker 14: And and and it looked really legitimate, and I thought, ca, have you got one?
Speaker 9: I got the exact same one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and I did.
Speaker 9: I just spammed it up.
Speaker 2: There was a phone number on it.
Speaker 9: I didn't even look there.
Speaker 2: Was there a link or just a phone number or just or both.
Speaker 13: It looked legitimate.
Speaker 14: They said, if this is a mistake, you didn't make.
Speaker 5: This, well, it doesn't matter if it looks legitimate. Most scams do so, so I mean what you would do is what I would do is look up a city bank and not use that number. But do you have a city bank account?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, So what happened then?
Speaker 14: What happened was just so I called the number and since I don't.
Speaker 13: Do online banking, you know, they hung up on me.
Speaker 2: Okay, what time?
Speaker 3: Well during do you know.
Speaker 2: Why they hang up? Because they can't rip you off.
Speaker 13: They had people need to be aware of this. Any disk app, man, they had me.
Speaker 14: Downloaded any desk, GIP and fl for it.
Speaker 13: I mean they were so condided.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Steve, wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Why why every day people get call for this? So what kind of disc wait, what kind of app? Did you download.
Speaker 14: It's called any desk.
Speaker 2: Oh, any desk? Okay, they got onto your computer and what did they do?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 14: Uh, then they said, well, we need your online.
Speaker 13: Banking's account and I said, well I don't have one. Yeah, and they kept owning on one badge of me and I said, well, I don't do online banking.
Speaker 14: Eventually, you know, they hung up.
Speaker 13: You know, I'm like, huh, that's kind of weird.
Speaker 14: So I called my bank and I said, you know, what's some strange happened? And they said, they said, well, what number did you call? And they said I gave them the number. They said that's not paypalse number. They said that was a scam. So they said, well, did you give me any banking information? I said no, but they had access to my phone and they go, okay, and but there's no banking information on my phone. For see why I don't do online banking. So it's not possible for them to Now.
Speaker 2: What did you do with any hold on?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Man, what did you do when you downloaded any desk?
Speaker 5: Did they get did they get access to your computer?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But there's nothing in there, but cause it does not know, they're going to find something because there's probably a key logger on that computer or something. Right now, you're in danger, Steve, And I'm going to tell you right.
Speaker 13: Now you will I installed it.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter, it doesn't it doesn't matter right now, whatever whatever information you have on your computer, I don't care if you do online banking.
Speaker 2: I don't care what it is.
Speaker 5: If it's PayPal, if it's social media, if it's anything. You need to immediately change each and every password, every single one for anything whatsoever. Okay, and the end, you need to get someone because they probably installed a key lagger or some kind of spy app that is still on your computer even though you took any desk off. If you don't do it, you will be ripped off, Steve, and you will be calling me back saying you were right, Tom.
Speaker 2: They don't go through all this trouble for nothing.
Speaker 5: If they have a contingency plan for people that don't have online they will install something on your computer that will get that that will report back to them.
Speaker 14: Well, let me tell you what happened with City banks then, so so they City Bank said.
Speaker 13: Well, let's put putt a hold on your account.
Speaker 14: For three days.
Speaker 7: That was last Friday.
Speaker 2: I said, well, Okay, why three days? How about forever? Okay? Go ahead?
Speaker 13: So so I said, okay, I said, I agree to that. Well, but there's no banking information on the.
Speaker 5: Phone that it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. They can sign up. They know your name now, they probably have your social or something.
Speaker 2: They have your address. What they can do is sign up for accounts in your name.
Speaker 5: And then what they do is have them text a code for which now they can get for two party or for second verification.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, Steve, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm done talking because you don't believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why you called. Because you are not taking the steps to protect yourself. I'll see you. Take it easy and good. Good talking to you.
Speaker 5: Let me know how much they get or how much they have it they reek in your lives, because you're gonna have to get your phone washed, You're gonna have to get your computer washed, and you're gonna have to do it with an expert, because you have no idea what you're in for.
Speaker 2: They don't go through that for nothing.
Speaker 5: It could surface in a month, it could surface in a year. He keeps saying, well, I don't have anything on my phone all right, that's good. You keep it that way at probid energy dot com. If you want solar, probid energy dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I'm Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Got a little breather here you can get right in. You can also call three oh three Martino. You can call that twenty four to seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. All right, I have some texts here, one guy says, or galagans. My insurance company told me I wasn't allowed to buy my car when it was totaled. Well, technically, when it's totaled, they don't have to sell it back to you. It's their car, so I guess they could say that. I don't know why they would, because they're just going to sell it to a salvage yard. And if they sell it to a salvage yard, they may as well sell it to you.
Speaker 2: But I don't know why. But that's true. They can do that, Tom.
Speaker 5: If you move into a rental for two years after renting it for eight years and there is a two.
Speaker 2: Hundred thousand dollars gain, you can only exclude part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're not listening to what I said the other day. What you do is you have to live in the house two of the last five years. If you satisfy that, you get one hundred percent of that exclusion. I'm sorry, doesn't matter how long you rented it as far as I know, however, I want to double check that. So again, are we going to have any of our tax people available today?
Speaker 2: Kachina?
Speaker 5: I know Friday we were going to get who one of our estate planning attorneys?
Speaker 2: Do you we should have.
Speaker 6: Don McKenzie available today?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Now do we have any Can we call Atlas CPAs and Advisors?
Speaker 2: I would like to ask them about this. Uh, this rental, this rental thing. All right, let me work on that because I gave some advice yesterday on making tax free income. But on the do you recall what we were what we were.
Speaker 5: Going to ask the estate planning attorney attorneys? Wait, wait, wait, the quit claim deed. The quit claim deed, that's what it was. And we can also ask our accountant that too. So let me just make some show notes here, and so quit claim. We were going to ask about changing the quit claim because somebody tried to.
Speaker 2: Sub you know, you know how people.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've heard me before, but I said it millions of times. Don't quit claim your house to your kids thinking that's the way you want to leave it to them.
Speaker 2: It's the wrong way to do it. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.
Speaker 5: Do a beneficiaries deed, or do it in a just in a will or in a trust. Beneficiaries deed just transfers automatically on death.
Speaker 2: There are other ways to do it, But don't quit claim it to them.
Speaker 5: Don't have them on your deed with you, with survivor benefits, none of that, none of that.
Speaker 2: Do not do that.
Speaker 5: And we're gonna talk and see why. But one guy already did it. Now he wants to know if he can undo it. So we're gonna talk about that, and then we're gonna talk about tax free income with the tax free exemption, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rip you need so you don't have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shoot, that's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, and make your life.
Speaker 2: A little easier. And today is car Day.
Speaker 5: We have Kevin Calkin with us from Sheridan Auto Tech. We have Deputy Doc in the studio and then we have Deputy D here and we're trying to solve some problems. Now, Doc, were you working on any follow ups?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 10: Just still work on that dental thing.
Speaker 2: Tom, I'm trying to find Explain Explain that, I mean, this is crazy stuff. Explain that.
Speaker 16: Well, this gentleman went to Elite Dental and was not very happy with the service they performed. So he is looking to find somebody to bring a case in the meantime.
Speaker 5: Well, wait a minute, wasn't this the guy that took money and did nothing?
Speaker 2: Or is that somebody.
Speaker 10: Else that's something else?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: When was this one?
Speaker 10: About two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: What was his name? I don't know. It was Mohan, okay, Mohan.
Speaker 10: So Mohan had some.
Speaker 16: Work, some inferior dental work done and I had one one.
Speaker 5: Dentists a dental implant, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: So and he says it fell out and they did nothing right.
Speaker 16: So at first they wouldn't give him medical records. So we finally told them that according to state law, just because he owes the money, they do not have to. They can't withhold his medical records. So I got a hold of his medical records. I had one dentist look at it, and he was kind of iffy whether or not there was a case. So I have the name of another lawyer who specializes in.
Speaker 5: Dental I guess, I guess if some thing fell out. He we don't know what fell off, if it was the restoration.
Speaker 2: The implant came out. But but but.
Speaker 5: The records, Yeah, I mean it could be he chewed on something.
Speaker 2: Hard and broke it.
Speaker 16: I mean, he's he's claiming that the ankle went through his jaw, into his uh, into his cheek.
Speaker 10: So what that's what he's claiming.
Speaker 2: And the guy you had look at the records, what did he say?
Speaker 16: He said that the records were not very good and from what the records were, he couldn't really make a determination.
Speaker 2: So I have somebody.
Speaker 16: Who's going to give me the name of an attorney who specializes in dental malpractice, and I'm going to see if I can get Moan at half an hour interview with him to evaluate the case.
Speaker 2: So this is weird, though it is weird.
Speaker 5: He said the implant. Did anyone actually look at him? Did another dentist look at him? Yet he should go to another dent.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he said.
Speaker 5: The implant the metal part went through his cheek, I don't get it.
Speaker 10: I don't even tell them.
Speaker 16: It's there's some holes in his story, and there's some complications about how he behaved with the staff at the at the clinic.
Speaker 10: So it's not just as simple he said. She said either.
Speaker 16: There's a whole bunch of confounding factors that I'm trying.
Speaker 10: To get in order.
Speaker 16: Sorry, I will give you an update as soon as I get him an interview with this dental attorney.
Speaker 2: So, Kevin, is it?
Speaker 5: Why is it that I'm hearing mostly about body shops for big delays on cars?
Speaker 2: What is it about? What is it about bodies?
Speaker 9: The parts are brutal, That's that's the biggest thing, you know, And they don't want to start on a car till all the parts are there, which is understandable. But it's like you said, you don't want to bring the car to all the parts are there, So there's got to be a middle row. You know, you can't sit a car for two months. I mean most rental you know on insurance is what thirty days, so you're out of rental and okay, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're just why don't they suggest what I do? Why don't they suggest that people order the parts first?
Speaker 2: Why don't they do that?
Speaker 9: It makes too much sense, I think. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I mean that that would be the way to do it.
Speaker 5: I mean, try to you know, try to get your your parts in first before you bother doing everything else.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I mean to me, it's just logical.
Speaker 9: It makes sense. It's but I don't know why they're and they're chronically backed up. The ones that we work with are the same thing. I mean, they'll get a car in there three four weeks, you know, before they can start on them, before they can finish them sometimes.
Speaker 5: Okay, so uh three oh three Martino three all three six, two seven, eight, four sixty six. Okay, I have this particular let me see where it is. I had this one issue come up today I wanted to talk about because it's something that I said should I mean, I think it's it's amazing. Okay, So, and this is not the political part. Please, I don't care about who you want to vote for or anything. This has nothing to do with that. But it has to do with the civil case against Trump in New York.
Speaker 2: It's it's under appeal now.
Speaker 5: Trump said the half a billion dollars in fines are unjust and that the bond was too big. They reduced the bond in the appeals court. But the appeals court.
Speaker 2: Is now looking at the whole case.
Speaker 5: Now, this case was brought by the state attorney General, I believe in Or it could have been Manhattan, whatever it was.
Speaker 2: It was brought against Trump for lying on his financials.
Speaker 5: Remember that they said that he overvalued assets in order to get a loan.
Speaker 2: Now, remember he did not default on the loan. The loan was.
Speaker 5: Paid back with every cent of interest. The banks themselves did.
Speaker 2: Not want anything done about it.
Speaker 5: They did not claim they were victims, They did not press charges.
Speaker 2: They were not.
Speaker 5: They just didn't want anything done this. Basically, the prosecutor on her own decided, we're going after you for this. And here's what it was. The Attorney General Tiss James. Now what happened was the person representing the Attorney General in front of the appeals court started the argument and as soon as she started arguing for the attorney general, as soon as she started she was cut off by the judges on the appeals court and.
Speaker 2: Said, have you ever before used.
Speaker 5: This statute to upset a private business transaction that was between equally sophisticated partners. What he was saying, is the bank get you know, takes his financial statement, Trump submits his financial statement.
Speaker 2: Who are you to say that he lied? They didn't care.
Speaker 5: By the way, for those of you in business, you know when you submit a financial statement, they don't require an audited financial statement, and you know you have to say it's true, right, you know, sign something saying to the best of mind own and but you are the one that values your stuff. They ask you how many cars you have, what they're worth, furniture, appliances, you know of whatever, you know, work tools.
Speaker 2: This is on a personal loan.
Speaker 5: They might ask you in business what the real estate is worth, what certain.
Speaker 2: Things are worth.
Speaker 5: We're not talking about loans against the business. We're talking about business loans where they want to see your net worth, So your financial statement to show your net worth. We're not talking about lying on the property you get the loan for that's appraised. We're talking about when you give a picture of yourself.
Speaker 2: They want to know what you own and what you owe.
Speaker 5: So you give a value to your car, you give a value to your collectibles, you give values to stuff you own, and they're saying he overvalued.
Speaker 2: Now, the banks did not loan on that stuff. That was just a financial statement.
Speaker 5: It seems like the appeals court, although they haven't rendered a decision yet, we're very skeptical on this case and why it was brought and how it is deserves a half a billion dollar in damages when even the so called victims themselves did not ask for anything to be done. That is really an incredible case. Think about this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Constantina, what's going on?
Speaker 17: Oaker?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm having.
Speaker 12: Multiple issues here.
Speaker 18: The first main one is up in hopped offer screens of property issue.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's going on up there?
Speaker 18: So what's going on up there? Is one of my neighbors. We haven't.
Speaker 2: You have an easement? Will you have an easement that goes across your neighbor's property?
Speaker 13: It goes across our property, so they have access.
Speaker 5: To get to the Okay, So there's an easement on your property that gives them access.
Speaker 2: Okay, correct, And.
Speaker 18: It's kind of hard to explain. It's it's on the mountain side, on the backside. So as you're going, and what does it?
Speaker 5: Is it their main access to their property?
Speaker 18: Yes, okay, yes, this is the only way they can access there, but for now, for now, But they did purchase the lots next to them, which I get it.
Speaker 5: But right now there is an easement on your property to give the neighbors access to their property.
Speaker 12: Yes, okay, yes.
Speaker 18: And so in the meantime, when we spoke with my neighbors, specifically told her, hey, we're going to do a survey. I need to figure out these property lines so we can figure out what to do with this property, whether sell it.
Speaker 2: To sell what to sell your property?
Speaker 18: Yes, to sell our property in the cabin or demolish our cabin and uh do a new structure, rebuild the cabin.
Speaker 5: Right, you're trying to figure out what to do, So you want, I want to do a survey, right, hold on, and I'm gonna come right back to you.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Any and all calls three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five or three oh three Martino three O.
Speaker 2: Three six two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. So Constantina says that there's an easement honor property to give the neighbor access to their property. And you were talking about selling your property and you want to get a survey, so continue your story.
Speaker 13: So we ended up.
Speaker 18: My neighbor knew that we were doing a survey, and it just so happened that there's a picnic that goes on every year up in Hot Offer, and she called me and asked if we were going to be good for the weekend. I told her we.
Speaker 2: Are not well.
Speaker 5: Without all I don't need to know the conversation back and forth, just get to the meat of this about the survey. Though, I understand you want to tell me everything, but I'll ask questions. What about the survey and whether you're going to the cookout or not? I don't really care. So what about the survey?
Speaker 18: So when we did the survey, it shows obviously that this is our lot and the easement, it's the eavenent is on our lot. But it gives them access to their.
Speaker 2: Property of course.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what.
Speaker 18: She excavated the easement which is our lot that has caused erosion.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you mean they excavated it? What does that mean? They? What do they do?
Speaker 13: The driveway is only.
Speaker 18: Say, it's about twelve feet wide, okay, to go straight up the mountain and you know, to the top. What she ended up doing is excavate. Had a company or a friend or somebody?
Speaker 2: Did they widen the ease? Man? Is that what you're saying? They widened the path?
Speaker 11: Correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's what I need to know. They widened the path and what did that do? So?
Speaker 5: So are they taking more than the easement calls for?
Speaker 19: Correct?
Speaker 18: Yes, Okay, they should not excuse me, they should without our permission, they should not change anything to our so called driveway to the.
Speaker 5: Easy I understand, well, hold on the easement that they have. They widened, they didn't like how wide it was.
Speaker 18: They made it wider, correct, but they needed our permission.
Speaker 5: Well, of course they did, of course they did. They they're outside of the easemen.
Speaker 10: Huh.
Speaker 5: Okay, So now what exactly how much did they widen it? Well, how wide was the easement?
Speaker 18: Gibert takes a twelve feet now it's about because it kind of slopes, I would say, just between fifteen and eighteen feet, all right.
Speaker 5: So no matter what, they're not supposed to do that. Okay, so you're in it right.
Speaker 7: So now what.
Speaker 18: Well, now that it's caused erosion, that's starting to crumble, it's kind of making like a little landslide, which means the front of the cabin is just.
Speaker 5: They're just them widening that. By the way, is this gravel dirt or is.
Speaker 2: It paved gravel? And when they widened it, did they put gravel on the widened area?
Speaker 18: They ended up putting.
Speaker 20: Like a road based type.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, so is it are you sure?
Speaker 5: That's the only time it started eroding is when they did that absolutely?
Speaker 2: Now does your usually.
Speaker 5: Counties require some kind of an excavation permitt?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 2: Did they?
Speaker 5: Were they supposed to pull a permint?
Speaker 2: That's yes or no, it doesn't. If you don't know, that's an I don't know.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, now what do you Unfortunately, this happens. Okay, it happens a lot where people abuse and easement. But it's up to you.
Speaker 2: To take action against them.
Speaker 5: If you don't like the way it is and it's caused you damage, you got to file a lawsuit against them.
Speaker 2: I mean, you really do. You're in the right.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you had an attorney write them a letter like our real estate attorney, that could help you. But you know, it's unfortunately your expense to threaten them and to go after them. But I don't see how they can win, and maybe they would back off. What do you want them to do now that they've already widened it? What exactly do you want? Let's put it that way.
Speaker 18: Well, originally when I wanted to do the survey, it was because what do you.
Speaker 5: Want right now? Is what I'm asking? Do you want them to put it back the way?
Speaker 18: It was no, because they can't.
Speaker 2: So what do you want?
Speaker 18: Well, from my understanding, they need to. I feel like they need to be held responsible and liable for getting a structural engineer out there.
Speaker 2: What structure? What structure?
Speaker 18: Well, that's where I'm a little confused.
Speaker 2: Is Constantina, please help me here?
Speaker 5: Now I understand I'm really trying to help you. It's causing erosion. You never mentioned a structure. Is it hurting your house?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 11: I said that earlier.
Speaker 18: It's going to cause the front of the cabin, the porch to come down.
Speaker 2: That you're right, You're right, I forgot that. Now here's what I want to know. How you say it's going to do you know that for sure? Or someone told you that.
Speaker 18: One of the surveyors mentioned that as well after I said that too.
Speaker 5: Okay, now now that survey can't tell you that. But if you are having erosion and you feel it going to cause damage to your cabin, how far away is this path to your.
Speaker 18: Cabin to the front corner the feet?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, wait, they come that close to your cabin when they drive on their property. Yes, they come within five feet of your front porch.
Speaker 18: As you're going up to the driveway. Yeah, our cabin is to the right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how many feet to the right.
Speaker 18: Well before it was about right feet, now it's about five.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, you definitely need to do you need to take some action. Okay, but you say they're responsible, but there's okay.
Speaker 2: You can't go to court without a target. You need one. I don't even know what you're looking for at this point.
Speaker 5: They haven't done damage yet you're saying they're going to do damage. Okay, you need a structural engineer. You're right to assess it. You need to pay for that. You need to say this is what they cause by widening the driveway, and therefore they need to I don't know what, shore up your cabin, put up a retaining wall or whatever an engineer says it would take to fix. They're going to be responsible, but first you have to come up with the evidence. And you can't just go to court because you're pissed off. So you need a structural engineer. And I don't know of any there, but you need to find a structural engineer to do a drainage study and to figure out what harm it's going to do.
Speaker 2: You maybe the survey or knows.
Speaker 5: Someone and then you're going to have to pay for that report, and you're going to have to get them to testify. You go to court, and you're going to need a solution, not just the problem, but a solution that they have to tell you in order to fix this. Constantina, you're going to have to erect this wall, or you're you're going to have to do this, or you're gonna have to do that, or you make them put it back the way it was and they have to sod or whatever was on that area that did not cause erosion. But if they're causing erosion and it's costing you some structural problems, then you got a problem.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. So that's what you do.
Speaker 5: First, First you get a structural engineer to assess the problem, and then you need an estimate on repairs. Then you get a real estate attorney to write them a letter and make a demand, and unfortunately, you have to go to court if they don't respond. This is a real pain in the ass for you. But I don't know what else you can do. How much is that cabin and property worth that you have, What is it really worth?
Speaker 18: Honestly, I don't know, because that's where I that's what's the process I was in is Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: I get Do you know of any other properties around there selling at all?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: So listen, what what do you need from us? You're in the right but you have to go on the right way. You have to get a structural engineer.
Speaker 2: Is that? Were you calling us for a referral for a structural engineer.
Speaker 18: For real estate attorney for structural engineer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have a real estate attorney olslaw dot com, O'Brien legal Services, and I'll give you his number, O'Brien Legal Services seven to zero three seven zero seven three eight eight, and that's olslaw dot com, Brad O'Brien. He's a real estate attorney for all things real estate. Now, as far as structural engineers, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Where's that located? The cabin.
Speaker 18: Near like Grand Link Gramby.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know anyone up there.
Speaker 5: I know them down here, but it would cost you too much to have them go up there.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're gonna have to go and ask for some referrals or someone's list and they can make a referral, but you definitely need that. Maybe Brad O'Brien can help you find someone, but you need a structural engineer to assess damage and to estimate repairs.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming right up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven three eight two five five. You know, I just can't believe that originally there was an easement even ten feet away from a house, and let alone five feet.
Speaker 2: That's the cabin. She didn't she didn't mention that, did she?
Speaker 9: When she wonder if them was there before the cabin, they shouldn't have built it.
Speaker 5: Really, if the easement was there before the cabin. I don't know, but they you're not allowed to widen an easement. Deputy Doc said, there's a possibility maybe the easement was wider all the time and they just graveled it. But actually that could be. But you would think this woman would know, except she was really devoid of details. We got an issue with a transmission on a twenty thirteen Ford f one fifty.
Speaker 2: By the way one fifties.
Speaker 5: They let we talked about longevity vehicles, the Ford one fifties last long time.
Speaker 9: I think, so, I mean it's it depends on the endine the driver, of course, but yeah, all on all their solid trucks.
Speaker 2: What engine do they have in their stuff?
Speaker 9: Well, they got turbos, twin turbos, all kind what's that?
Speaker 2: Does Kevin have to be turned up? All right? There?
Speaker 5: Turned Kevin up because you don't okay, So anyway, go ahead, Rick, what's your issue?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 17: Good morning, Tom, hey man, thank you for all all everything that you do.
Speaker 13: You're really thank you for our community.
Speaker 2: I love doing it, man. Yeah.
Speaker 15: My question is this, I've got a twenty thirteen one City f one and it's my body used from Triple A and I don't think it's ever been had a transmission.
Speaker 5: From Triple A. They sell cars. I know you don't mean Triple A Auto, do you?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know they sold cars.
Speaker 9: I think he's the dealers called Triple A or something.
Speaker 19: Anyway, No, it's not.
Speaker 17: It's not a dealers Triple A.
Speaker 2: Okay. And you bought it use when.
Speaker 15: Uh twenty twenty and there was one hundred thousand on it, And I've been with put fourteen thousand off.
Speaker 5: You bought it used. There's other three four one fifty with one hundred thousand on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, got it?
Speaker 15: I only put I only put fourteen thousand on it. I only use it to go fishing in the mountains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 15: Well my question, my question is the transmission service has never been done. The differentials were done Triple A. I took it to a mechanic and done a lot of work on.
Speaker 14: It, and but I can't find any.
Speaker 15: Documentation that the transmission flu was ever replaced. So I want to know is that a flush or is that a vehicle that can be drop a pan?
Speaker 2: You drop a pan, and yeah, you dropped them? Why you prefer that? And when Jeff Thick says that's.
Speaker 9: The same thing because when these you know, the the oil change places if you will, they hook a flesh machine to it and they're flushing all the dirt back through the transmission. You know, it's just that filter needs to be changed, and then just drop the pan, clean it all out, and you're golden. You don't have to worry about flushing it.
Speaker 15: That's the way I wanted to go.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 15: Okay, So this because I'm asking because I.
Speaker 17: Have a tu Tom Mailibu.
Speaker 15: And I took her to the Chevy dealers and they said, you can we can only flush it. This is a transmission. You cannot drop the pan.
Speaker 11: Blah blah blahh.
Speaker 9: There's some summer sealed you can only drain and fill, yes, but the F one fifty is not. You can get a filter for it.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 15: So then the second question, you've got three places here on your referral list, Tom, Then for.
Speaker 2: What for the transmissions?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Budget budget A one national nationwide transmission repair, and then shared an auto check which one of those three?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well we have jeffic Kimmer transmission, and then we have A one transmission and auto repair, and then we have Kevin. So Kevin is not specializing in transmission, but they can do transmission service all day long.
Speaker 2: Any one of those will do a great job. So where are you located? Where are you located?
Speaker 15: I'm Southwestvember. So is Kevin with shared In Auto Tech?
Speaker 5: Yep, that's me and he's in Uh he's on Colfax west of Wadsworth. And uh, then you have down on Santa Fe. You have a one transmission and audible pair. And then I think kimmers far away from you Jordan and or Appa home.
Speaker 15: Okay, well I'll zip up to shared In And now was there another one?
Speaker 2: He mentioned that I didn't want to slight anyone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mark and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So anyway, just uh yeah, let me let me know what happens. But I think that that's what you want to do. Uh, you definitely want to drop the pan so you can look at everything.
Speaker 2: And and that flushes are overrated, right.
Speaker 9: It is, and it's it's not effective, like I said a lot, So you don't need change of filter if you're flushing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Hey, ed you have a comment on body shops. I talked about body shops.
Speaker 2: Being in terrible delays. Go ahead day.
Speaker 8: I've been in this a long time. The most of the time the body shops all they see from an estimate is what Ajustice sees when he writes the estimate. Let's they most recordable shops will order parts and not bring the car until the orders. But once they tear it down and buying some hidden damage.
Speaker 2: You're right, those.
Speaker 8: Parts are the delay.
Speaker 2: Ah, the new stuff.
Speaker 17: A lot of there's a lot of shocks out there that did on it.
Speaker 8: But now most most of the time it's good shops is on the supplement.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 5: But are you sure they will order parts with that just when you I don't get it, they'll order parts with you just simply uh making an appointment.
Speaker 8: Well, if you say you want them to fix it, they'll order the parts and they'll call you one to come in. Then when the shot starts tearing it down, they find hidden damn it in it and they write a supplement.
Speaker 9: Okay, But I.
Speaker 2: Don't know that that's true that most of them order parts up front. I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 5: I know, for example, that's why I paid that A lot of them require payment to do that. They won't order parts on spec if for you just making an appointment, They're not going to do that.
Speaker 8: I'm sure there's people work to saying.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, there might be, but I mean normally what happens is they look at it, or an adjuster looks at it, you make an appointment, and then I've never heard of him ever automatically ordering parts and even if you sign for an appointment.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I might be wrong, but I just anyway, three h three seven to one three talks. I mean, listen, I whatever it is when you say most legit shops will do that, I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. It's never happened to me, Kevin, do you know that? Do you know me?
Speaker 9: I think it's tough because they get so backed up and it's hard to stack up all those times. No, I know.
Speaker 5: In fact, one has told me the reason they don't order parts is because then if the people don't come through with appointments, just storing the parts, as you said, but the other one is being stuck with the parts. Sometimes I just don't agree with that, but I listen, I'll stand corrected. If a body shop, if you're in the body business, when someone makes an appointment after you've looked at the car and.
Speaker 2: The insurance approves it and all that. Do you order parts ahead of time?
Speaker 5: Let me know for sure, let me know three all three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two.
Speaker 2: Five five Paul, what is your issue with US Bank?
Speaker 14: Paul?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Well for the first place, you know, I really appreciate you taking your time to take it.
Speaker 2: Thank you man.
Speaker 19: Yeah, thinks Tom, this is the issue here. I opened an account with Uish Frank and Jan twenty four, and then a few days later I find out that they have closed my account.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes, why did they close it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 13: Uh A little later, you know later uh a few days later.
Speaker 19: After they closed the account, I went to the to the branch where I opened the account. Uh the guy and the branch told me, uh uh I can say, uh, well, no, I need to go back. I went to the bank and I asked why they closed my bank.
Speaker 13: They they told me that they don't know why they closed my account, and.
Speaker 19: That I was under investigation you know, sun start the sun sort that.
Speaker 13: Stuff like that, you know, And anyway.
Speaker 19: The story goes. Uh.
Speaker 13: I find out later that they closed.
Speaker 19: My account because.
Speaker 21: When I opened when I opened it, all uh, they take a coffee, you know, the drive license. So I was told that the guy they opened my account, he never sann the copy of the drive license.
Speaker 19: Okay yeah uh.
Speaker 2: And then and then you know this guy, how'd you I'm interested in hearing?
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 2: Find out now three o three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: With news.
Speaker 2: So you don't have to.
Speaker 22: Come run in just as as we can.
Speaker 1: Shoot's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, welcome. We are here on Car Friday and solving problems, not just with cars. But we'll talk cars if you need to three oh three seven to one three talk First. I want to go back to this US Bank problem and you can call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six twenty four seven and we'll be happy to help you. Get you on the next call. So even if you leave a message, we will call you back. You don't fare to worry about it, just leave your number. Hey, paul Us Bank Now, so you open an account in June.
Speaker 2: A few days later they closed it.
Speaker 5: Somebody at the branch office said you were under investigation. You later found out you later found out that your license had not been submitted.
Speaker 19: A copy, you know, a copy of my driving medicine. You know, when you when you open your account, they require you IDs, right, So I gave, I.
Speaker 2: Gave my uh it was not on file. Let's just put it that way, go ahead, So and I know you get so.
Speaker 5: So then it's a simple matter of bringing your license in and letting them see it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 13: The thing is, they gave me a temporary car.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 19: The temporary car.
Speaker 15: Worked for a few days.
Speaker 7: Okay, a temporary card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, debbie, you know, okay, got it, got it, got it?
Speaker 19: Yeah, And the temporary card were only for a few days. So I went to another branch, you know.
Speaker 13: And I asked them for you know, I told them, you know that I need another car.
Speaker 2: And I went to these now, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, wait a minute. Your temporary debit card was not working. Is that cause they closed your account?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 19: And that point they told me that they they were investigating something.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, but you're but you're but you still had money in the bank, right, that's correct, exactly, yes, but the debit card, but you could not use the debit card to get your money exactly exactly.
Speaker 19: So I went to another I went to another branch.
Speaker 2: How much money did you have in the account?
Speaker 19: About a thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 19: And then and then I went to another branch, you know, to make the postage, you see, and I wasn't the process to make depossage. You know that this is a woman was working in the process.
Speaker 13: I explained her, you know that I went to the postage something.
Speaker 19: But I want some money back, you know, so, uh, she gave me some other money that I told her, you know that I will to have and cash.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 19: She gave me the money and she is still working, you know, and and the rest and the rest of the money for the posts. You know, at some point she just stopped the process. And she told me that they that she can't continue in with the deposits.
Speaker 13: And I asked why.
Speaker 19: She said that she dono knew why, but it was something in the city.
Speaker 5: It's because your account was was being investigated.
Speaker 19: That's why, exactly exactly, that's because exactly.
Speaker 5: Okay, but but keep going then, I mean, you told me already your account was being investigated, so I can see why they wouldn't they wouldn't allow any activity.
Speaker 2: I could see that. But I want to know.
Speaker 5: Why you simply did not go back and give them a copy of your license.
Speaker 19: Wait, wait to Tom, Wait, I'm going over there.
Speaker 12: Just wait for me.
Speaker 19: Yeah, better with me, I mean. Yeah. And when this woman I stopt the.
Speaker 13: Process on my deposits, she was asking me for.
Speaker 7: The money that she gave me back.
Speaker 19: She was two hundred dollars, you know. I told her that I want to cancel the whole process, that I don't want to deposit my check and you know, I need my check back and my driver.
Speaker 7: License, you know.
Speaker 19: And she refused. She refused to stop the process. She refused to get me back my driver license, you know. And I told her, you know, you know, have the power of authority to retain my driver license, you know, just asking you to return the check and stop everything, you know, and get my driver license.
Speaker 10: And she refused.
Speaker 19: She said that she.
Speaker 13: Will not return my drive license.
Speaker 19: So I told her, you know, I would call the police. And indeed I called the police, you know, when I was waiting for the police. Obviously the police never show up anyway, But when I was waiting for the police, she came to me because I was but the main door on the phone and she say.
Speaker 13: Here, mister, you know, mister Paul heard your check.
Speaker 23: I mean, here's you here the sleep from you and your divelass. So she uh was able to make to the pashi.
Speaker 19: I don't know how, and she returned my dive licens. So I left the place, okay, and they gave me another temporary car in the place.
Speaker 7: You see.
Speaker 13: The temporary car worked only for about one.
Speaker 11: Day, you see.
Speaker 2: And then and then where are we going with the story?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 2: You said to bear with you, but you're not getting anywhere. Okay.
Speaker 5: I understand that your account was suspended. You're under investigation, and your temporary car does not work.
Speaker 2: What do you need? Where is it in the investigation? Right now?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 19: This is this is what happened. I went back to the to the.
Speaker 2: Just tell me what happened. You don't have to tell me the steps you took. You went back.
Speaker 5: What is happening right now? Is your account still closed?
Speaker 7: They canceled.
Speaker 13: They close my account.
Speaker 19: And I've been asking for then for the last three months, for my money. I have spoke three times to the bank. Three times they all count.
Speaker 2: Okay, how much money do you have in there now, I.
Speaker 19: Got over over one thousand dollars, like a twelve hundred or something like that.
Speaker 5: Wait, because you made that second deposit.
Speaker 19: Right exactly exactly, Yes, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So wait a minute, you're telling me that this bank closed your account and will not give you your money back.
Speaker 19: Exactly and I'll be waiting for the last three months for my money.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what this is bullcrap. This is absolute bull trap. This is happening too much to people. You know how many times I've gotten at.
Speaker 2: Least six calls about people.
Speaker 5: Being under investigation and having their money frozen and they can't get it back. And I'm going to tell you, we're going to call over there and find out why the hell they're doing this. This is US bank is doing this all over the country.
Speaker 2: They're freezing people's bank accounts and then refusing to give them their money. Did they do they think somehow they can keep your money?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I sense to be that that's what they want.
Speaker 2: Tom come on all you want and and first of all, I don't understand this, I swear to God.
Speaker 5: Now now they've been closing people's account all over the country and keeping money.
Speaker 7: Look exactly.
Speaker 10: Calling.
Speaker 5: I want to give Okay, listen, I want to give this ad. There's a reason I want to give it to him, because he's right here. I wanted to call right this minute. I'm going to text him this because I want to call right this minute, and and we just got to take care of this thing. Hold on, this is so wrong.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, Doc, I really do. I I just I want him to call right this minute. Over to the bank.
Speaker 16: Just one one question, Paul, did you open account in another bank in the meantime?
Speaker 3: Kelly's working with them right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know, ask why is US Bank? Why is US Bank doing this? Why are they doing this? I don't understand this d banking thing. I don't understand it. Kelly, give this over to Deputy d Man.
Speaker 2: This I don't people.
Speaker 5: Have you heard about this, because it's happening all over the place. They're de banking people, They're closing accounts and they're keeping money.
Speaker 2: They're keeping money. Why is this happening? Does anyone even know? I just don't know. So I'm holding I'm making a note of this. This has to stop. This crap has to stop. Okay, let me just make it note of this.
Speaker 5: All right, people, I'm telling you, if this happened to you, you're not alone. I've heard this from several people. They're stealing money at US Bank and keeping it for every day they keep money.
Speaker 2: Do you know how much they're making? This is ridiculous. Why are they doing this?
Speaker 5: You can't just keep something under investigation indefinitely, you idiots?
Speaker 2: Really has anyone else heard about this?
Speaker 15: This is going on?
Speaker 2: This is crazy? Okay three three seven one three eight two five five. If we have to Deputy D make a three way call with him on the line since it's his money. This is ridiculous. Okay, prop it and excuse me.
Speaker 5: Denverregen dot com for stem cell therapy, hair regeneration PRP. They have it all, include voting, really testosterone, and they have weight loss supplements at the semiglutide and her zeppetide at pennies on the dollar. But if you're looking to get out of pain stem cell therapy they do so much. Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here at three ZHO three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: We're on with the US Bank right now. But here's the thing. It's happening all over They're keeping money. I don't get it. This is wrong.
Speaker 5: I mean close my account of I'm under investigation. By the way, did you know the vast majority of people having their accounts closed are conservative people? Just want to put that out there. I'm not kidding you. By the way, I'm gonna uh. Kevin will be back in a second here he's uh, and we will take his call. But right now, Mike, he has a question on reverse loans.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 7: Or right Tom, Yes, sir, I can argue.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Mike?
Speaker 7: Thanks? Oh not a lot.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 7: I'm sixty nine years old, my wife is a few years younger. We moved into a house and Firestone a new house three and a half years ago. We pretty much live on our Social Security income and it's a struggle to you know, pay bills, as you would well know. And I thought about reverse mortgages recently, and I just wondered what your take on them was, and also if I do decide to go forward with doing that, some pos possible recommendations.
Speaker 2: On Come, how old is your wife?
Speaker 7: She's sixty five?
Speaker 5: Okay, because you both have to be you both have to be sixty two or older.
Speaker 2: So I want to ask another question, how much equity do you have?
Speaker 7: Okay, So the house as it stands now, I believe it is worth about six twenty five six thirty and I owe to seventy five.
Speaker 5: So house is worth Give me a real realistic like like things that have actually sold like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's it is right around six and a quarter. Okay, let's say six pretty confident?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, got it all right now? And you owe two seventy five.
Speaker 5: Correct, you'll have to pay off the two seventy five with the reverse because you're not allowed to have a second for a reverse, right.
Speaker 7: Well, I also have a home equity loan, and I have a forty thousand dollars ballons on that too.
Speaker 2: So you owe a total of give me your total that you owe. I can't do math.
Speaker 7: Low total I owe against the home would be would be three fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now here's the problem. Okay, if you owe, you don't have a lot of equity, not for a reverse loan. But you and I here's how a reverse loan works.
Speaker 5: It's going to take your equity and by the way, you have to pay it off, so you only have two eighty five left when you pay it off, right, and in your sixties to early seventies, the most you're gonna get is fifty percent of that. Fifty percent of that is one hundred and forty thousand dollars. Roughly, you're gonna come out with roughly one hundred and forty thousand bucks. Now, it's not, in your situation a good deal because there's not a lot of money there and and uh so your house will be paid off, but you'll you'll be you'll only have one hundred and forty two left or one hundred and forty and to supplement your income.
Speaker 2: How much do you need a month.
Speaker 13: Well, so.
Speaker 7: Between our combined social security and come what we bring in and what we pay out, including how utilities on average, I would say our monthly deficit is probably one or two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Wait, you have a monthly deficit every single month.
Speaker 7: Against our income?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because, well, how are you living?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 2: How do you? Wait?
Speaker 7: Wait, how do you live with the savings? We have savings?
Speaker 5: But how much okay, how much in your saving I got some ideas. How much in your savings?
Speaker 7: Probably thirty five forty.
Speaker 2: Not thousands? Uh huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're on a road to nowhere right now, you know, And I'm just saying this out of honest to God love and concern. You know, before you retire, did you consider how much it was going to cost.
Speaker 2: You to live?
Speaker 7: I have to be honest and say I didn't put a lot of thought to it. At the time I retired, I was having a hard time in my life with health issues and everything, and I just I left the job after doing what I do for thirty five years without hardly any notice on.
Speaker 5: So, when you say you have a deficit, when you say you have a deficit right now, do you get any kind of entertainment or anything?
Speaker 2: Or is that all?
Speaker 5: Is that deficit only considering your necessities? It doesn't consider your food?
Speaker 7: It's yeah, pretty much. I mean, so my house payment's nineteen hundred.
Speaker 2: My you told me we don't have to go through that.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm just asking, like, do you when you said you had about a tour three hundred dollars deficit? Do you have a tour three hundred dollars deficit when it comes to necessities only or food?
Speaker 2: Is food in that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I would include food in that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, now, so then you have no room for any extras. There are some weird strategies you could take.
Speaker 5: Because because of reverse loan does not have to be paid back, you'd have to get it on the youngest one. Otherwise you don't want your wife leaving uh or having to move when you're out. But here's what I'm saying, So if she got a reverse loan, she's not going to get a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it probably isn't worth it. But there are some other things that Like one thing, have you ever thought, and I'm serious now without getting being a smart ass, have you thought of you and your wife getting a part time job, you or your wife and just having some fun.
Speaker 7: She's she has some handicaps that kind of prohibit her from a lot of outside jobs that would require her to be standing up all the time. What about you you have done I've done some things that you know. I did some pizza delivery. I did some other odd jobs for a while. But but you know, the pizza delivery thing, it can be good. But the wear and tear on my personal car and everything, it's it's just.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, almost listen that thirty or forty is sacred in the bank, don't I would not be spending that on monthly expenses.
Speaker 2: But you know, there's not a lot. I mean one thing. I'm trying to think what.
Speaker 5: I don't really know, honest to goodness, I don't know what you can do to generate income.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes it's impossible. You can't just you know.
Speaker 5: I mean no, seriously. I mean, you have a situation right now where you have too much house. You and your wife have to downsize.
Speaker 7: Well it's a nineteen hundred square foot house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean go ahead, yeah, I mean I mean how much is your right now? Think about this?
Speaker 5: If you could sell your place and get a much smaller nut to crack or pay off another house. I mean, I'm trying to come up with a solution here. I'm not saying it's going to be ideal. You might be in love with your home, but it may not be a good idea, or you might want to consider a more inexpensive state we're talking about. It's we're talking about a sixty two and a sixty nine year old. By the way, by my estimate, I don't consider that that old. I mean, I haven't stopped working because I love things. I love life, I love buying things. I love having no limit on what I can buy. I don't want to live on Social Security. And I get a crapload of Social Security because of how much I worked, and I still get it.
Speaker 2: But but I'm just I'm not bragging. I'm not bragged.
Speaker 5: In fact, I'm saying that a lot of people say, Tom, retire, retire, retire, Well.
Speaker 2: I could, but then what I don't ever want to be faced with limits. That's my choice.
Speaker 5: But when you when you make the choice to retire without a lot of.
Speaker 2: Money, then you then there must be limits. I mean, there's no magic in life.
Speaker 5: It's not because the richer evil and people make lesser are are better. It's not because anyone is against you or anyone against me.
Speaker 2: It's it's equal in equal out.
Speaker 5: I say you, if you are looking to live without a deficit a reverse mortgage, you don't have enough equity, 're not old enough. What you probably would need to do is downsize the house or down quality, or go to a state that's more affordable.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, if that thirty or forty.
Speaker 5: In the bank, you would never want to take out that cushion for an annuity, and that wouldn't get you much anyway.
Speaker 2: It'd get your pennies every month.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't get you enough, and you don't have enough to take an equity loan out to get an annuity would be silly. But if you sold your house and bought something that was that, you could damn near.
Speaker 2: What's that? Yeah, I will take a break.
Speaker 5: If you could sell your house, take the equity and buy a house with a big down, that would be less payment per month.
Speaker 2: That would help as well.
Speaker 10: What about buying bonds and using the interest?
Speaker 5: Okay, where's he getting the money to buy bonds? Where's getting the intro?
Speaker 10: He takes twenty thousand out with that and get that that's not gonna give it.
Speaker 5: Twenty thousand dollars worth of bonds won't get him squat in income.
Speaker 10: Well, he said he only needs one or two hundred, and.
Speaker 2: That's without any extras. For God's sakes, I mean, the.
Speaker 5: Math doesn't work that way. Bonds don't pay. What do you think bonds pay? What do you really think they pay on a thousand dollars bond?
Speaker 2: What do you really think they.
Speaker 10: Said that you had some government bonds that paid pretty well.
Speaker 5: Okay, on the outside rates are going down now. They were paying six percent six percent. So if you do the math on that, you know one thousand dollars right, increment six percent, So you know.
Speaker 2: That is in a year. That's sixty dollars in a year. So how many would he have to buy?
Speaker 10: Okay, it was just a thought.
Speaker 5: No, no, I get it, I get it. But an annuity is another thought. But he doesn't have the money. He retired without proper money. A lot of people do it. He's not the only one. I'm talking to the vast majority of people. He retired without enough money. So you either increase income or reduce the nut and Mike honest to goodness. I'd be happy to offer you other solutions if I had him, but I don't have any.
Speaker 2: I got more coming right up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three to zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino here at three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So I've been reading about a lot of organizations being debanked as well. And these organizations they have been.
Speaker 5: Basically, their bank accounts have been closed, the money has been frozen.
Speaker 2: We had a doctor who was famous for preaching against the AMA and the vaccination and what he calls the medical cabal and.
Speaker 5: The narrative the I call it the Biden narrative of the government narrative We've had peep organizations dedicated to helping women keep their babies instead of aborting them and trying to educate them so they were anti abortioned their bank accounts have been shut down. It seems coincidentally that most of the organizations that have had bank accounts shutdown have been conservative or against the narrative. And then we also have a lot of individuals whose accounts have been closed down for.
Speaker 2: No rhyme or reason.
Speaker 5: David, what is going on with the fluid in your transmission?
Speaker 2: David, welcome, What's happening?
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm just getting a little background on it. I bought a brand new twenty nineteen pul at Goncore, okay, and I have fifty thousand miles.
Speaker 2: On it in twenty nineteen, you said at twenty nineteen, right.
Speaker 12: Yes, I bought it brand new.
Speaker 11: In two nineteen, got it and.
Speaker 12: It hit fifty thousand miles, and my water pump went out. So I'm a shade tree mechanic, and I was able to fix the water pump. And then about a week and a half later, I noticed my transmission had a small intermittent.
Speaker 10: Leak in it.
Speaker 5: And now when was that water pump replaced? When was that fifty thousand miles hit?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 15: Just two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right? And now you noticed another problem transmission.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the transmission has a small leak. But I can't find the leak.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, I don't know.
Speaker 15: I just see it in my garage. Sometimes it's just like a drop, and sometimes it's the size.
Speaker 14: Of a quarter.
Speaker 2: Okay. And how do you know it's transmission.
Speaker 15: Because it's red.
Speaker 2: Okay. And so now you want to know what could possibly be causing that where fifty thousand miles. Nothing should be causing that. I'm gonna ask Kevin. He's coming over right now, so let me recap water Kevin, I never went out either. Kevin is water pump went out at fifty thousand miles on a twenty nineteen buick Encore. He bought it new.
Speaker 5: Now the transmission has a small leak. He can't find what would cause a small.
Speaker 2: Leak on a fifty thousand mile car twenty nineteen buick Encore.
Speaker 9: Could be any simple gasket or seal a hose. I mean, there's there's quite a few things, you know. The cooling hoses, goes, a radiator are common on those anything. What year was it.
Speaker 5: He said it's red fluid. He's assuming it's a nineteen. He's assuming it's transmission fluid.
Speaker 9: Well, it could be any freeze as well. Some of the anti freezes are red and pink and different things. So definitely get a check.
Speaker 2: What well, have you had a check David? He's a dow it yourself or he doesn't go a lot to me? Who does your oil changes? Might be okay, if you have.
Speaker 9: Any doubt, we'll take a look at it.
Speaker 2: Hey, where were you located?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sort Why don't you go down to Kevin at a charit and he'll take a free look at it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll just look tell you what we think.
Speaker 12: Oh, here's the main question that I had. There's no dipstick. No, how I know when the few fluid is dangerously low on.
Speaker 2: The transmission you're talking? What do you do in a case like that? Kevin?
Speaker 9: That's there's a lot of them where you have to fill them till they overflow a certain level and then you know they're full. There's no way to know that you're exactly two quarts low.
Speaker 2: Where's the film from the top, from the bottom, from the bottom. Yeah, what do you mean from the bottom.
Speaker 9: There's a like a sight hole that you pull out on the bottom and then you fill it from the top till it overflows. Come on, Yeah, but there's no dipstick, so I know, I need to get two quarts and put it in. You just start adding it until it runs out of the the What.
Speaker 5: If you fill it from the top in the engine compartment, there's a filler right on top of you.
Speaker 2: What if you do it, their tiller overflows that.
Speaker 9: Well, it's not going to overflow till you get the plug out of the bottom. See it's a sight plug on the bottom of the transmission because you don't want it to fill past the axle level or oh through the seal. Okay, so yeah, you got to get the level right. But yeah, it's it's it's difficult for the home but.
Speaker 5: They can check that for you. You ought to just go by there, man, I mean and and so he said. When you do, you can fill it from the top, but you never know. You have to get underneath and look at the site gauge.
Speaker 9: Well, you pull the plug on the fill hole and as the fluid runs out, then it's full.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 14: Level.
Speaker 2: So there is no sight gauge It's just a plug, just a plug.
Speaker 9: You pull and you again.
Speaker 2: David, that's going to be a pain in your butt.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 2: Do you know what he's talking about? Right?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I read about that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 15: I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I recommend at least get a free check. I'm serious, man, That's what I would do anyway. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five Are more and more cars doing that with the no access.
Speaker 9: Well BMW's there's no dipstick for the oil for the oil.
Speaker 2: I don't have a dipstick.
Speaker 9: No, you need a scanner to know if you're oil is full.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, how do I know when I need oil?
Speaker 9: You don't.
Speaker 2: What do you mean I don't, Well, you.
Speaker 9: Don't unless you have a warning indicator, level indicator, come on to tell you you're low. There's no way that you can check it.
Speaker 2: This is frightening.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they don't want you to.
Speaker 2: Know, Samantha. What's going on with Larry Miller?
Speaker 18: Well, I so, hi, so, me and my husband we recently purchased the vehicle in the middle of August.
Speaker 19: What you bought?
Speaker 20: And we we bought a Dodge Ram, a twenty twenty Dodge Ram, and we signed contracts, left it down payment.
Speaker 2: Was this a newer used you know? Is this used?
Speaker 14: It's a used vehicle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it? Yeah?
Speaker 20: So then what happened? You know, we're set, we're you know, hooray, we got a new car, just kind of getting our life, you know, ready for you know, those new payments and just life with this new vehicle. On nine to nine, on September ninth, we were contacted, and this is well over two weeks later, contacted saying that they're having issues with the financing, and we were like okay, you know, like totally fine, Like what do we need to do at that time? They told us that we needed to leave five thousand down, so we said okay. They said once they got the you know, the credit finance.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, but you took the truck, you took delivery of the truck, and you assumed you assumed everything was.
Speaker 13: Done correct, absolutely, Well, what right do.
Speaker 2: They have to say? Wait? What right do they have to rescind that? I mean, see dealers do that all the time, but I am convinced not all of them do it legally. What they do is they they it's called callback, They.
Speaker 5: Call you back and say, oh, we had a problem, and then they get either more cash from you or another signer, or they make you sign a higher interest rate. They trick you, they get you the car so you don't go buy it from anywhere else. Then they do the old caller the callback, but the dealer call back. But here's the problem with the callback. The problem with the callback.
Speaker 2: Is that usually it's written in such a way that they really can't do a callback. They try to get away with it, but they can't do it. So tell me what happened with yours?
Speaker 20: Yeah, and that's essentially what happened, you know, So.
Speaker 5: They called it Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your bridge at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Yeah, ript.
Speaker 1: News, so you don't have come running, just as fas as you can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martina here along with deputy doc at the studio, Deputy d here and Kevin Coke and shared an auto tech. We're talking about problems, questions and complaints. Let's uh go right to the phones. Samantha said she bought a twenty twenty Dodge Ram from Larry Miller. Two weeks later, dealer calls back they're having issues with financing.
Speaker 2: Larry Miller wants another five grand down.
Speaker 5: This is called the old dealer call back. It's a common trick dealers do what's called tripping cars. Tripping cars or rolling cars is when you put a car in the hands of someone without having all the i's dotted and the t's crossed.
Speaker 2: Many times. They do it for two reasons. One to get you to not buy somewhere else, and to have you go home with it and do the puppy.
Speaker 5: Dog sale where you get attached to it, you show your friends and neighbors, and then they call back with a problem and you'll do anything to keep it. The other reason they do it is they charge bailment bailmant on some cars.
Speaker 2: They can make more money doing bailman over and over and over. Bailman is used to the car for.
Speaker 5: The short time you had it, and it's a dirty old trick from the old days when dealers were really sleazy and you felt like you had to take a shower after you had met them. Larry Miller still is one of those kinds of dealers. They have all kinds of tricks and they're not very in my opinion, they're not very good, so I'm not surprised you got the old call back. They know right up front what they need for financing. They do this to get the car in your hands, to make you feel obligated. I'm going to tell you a few things I've done in the past. We've actually had dealers try this on people, Samantha, and we actually have made a dealer take the deal anyway, and the dealer said, how'd you do that?
Speaker 2: Or it makes you not the dealer? People say, how do you do that?
Speaker 15: See?
Speaker 5: The dealer says, well, it's contingent on approval. And I said, well, here's a finance agreement, and oddly enough, it says the lenders you says the consumer is her, has a monthly payment, truth and lending statement, interest rate, total of payments, has everything, has everything on it. And it also doesn't say anything about this paper has to be sold to somebody to be valid, you see.
Speaker 2: So I contend it is approved and they say, well, what are your meaning disapprove?
Speaker 5: Well, you signed it and you handed the keys in the car to her. I think she can assume she was approved. And in those cases they magically found financing. Here's what I'm saying, it's a trick, and dealers.
Speaker 2: Are so stupid. I swear to god they in all of these years I've been warning them, in all of these years.
Speaker 5: Not one dealer has corrected that, because all they would have to do to make this legal and to make it binding, is to say.
Speaker 2: Dealer has agreed to arrange financing.
Speaker 5: If financing cannot be completed as specified, then the consumer either has to return the car, provide their own financing, or pay it whatever. But dealers don't say that because they know people are smart enough to look through that. So what they do is they give the illusion everything's approved. But you notice on the finance agreement it doesn't say that the dealer financer with a bank. It usually puts them down as the lender, and then they sign it because they're idiots, they're morons, and then they think you're more of an idiot and more of a moron. So they figured out, if we do this, no one's ever going to hold us to it. We're going to be able to press them for more money or whatever we need. So in your situation, Samantha, this is exactly what happened. You got the old call back after buying this truck. Did you come up with the extra money.
Speaker 2: They asked for? So?
Speaker 20: No, So they essentially what happened is on nine to nine, they tolast that they needed another five thousand. We said, okay. They told us they'll give us a call when we can go back and find the new paperwork for a new lender, because the original paperwork was signed with partner Colorado Credit Union.
Speaker 2: As the lender.
Speaker 5: So wait, that Credit Union was actually put down on your paperwork as the lender.
Speaker 2: Yes, and did they sign it?
Speaker 20: Yes, I'm scaring.
Speaker 2: Did anyone sign it on the other.
Speaker 20: Partner did not, but the but the representative at L. H.
Speaker 14: Miller did.
Speaker 5: Yes, Okay, they actually signed it on behalf of the credit Union.
Speaker 2: Yes. If they did that, then they acted. If they acted as.
Speaker 5: An agent for the finance company, they can't back out. But anyway, did they trick you into signing a new agreement?
Speaker 3: They did not.
Speaker 20: So a few days later, on the twelve, they called back. They called my husband essentially.
Speaker 13: Saying, hey, that wasn't going to work the five thousand.
Speaker 20: We need ten thousand, he tells me, and of course.
Speaker 13: This is more of his vehicle.
Speaker 20: So he's like We'll do whatever we need to do. I'm on the other hand, like, wait a second, hold on, this doesn't make sense. We have contracts, we have.
Speaker 13: A title, we have good we have it.
Speaker 2: Good for you, Good for you, Samantha.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So I ended up calling the DMV to figure out where is our registration. They submitted they have to have submitted the title the title changeover, which I found on at that point they had not. And to this day, forty five days passed the date that we've purchased a vehicle, they have still yet to actual file for the title in the register.
Speaker 5: They're going to say to go over and they're going to say it's because you haven't paid for it and you can't get the loan.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Right?
Speaker 20: And that's kind of where we're where. They're withholding now, they're withholding that. Now, they're threatening us to repoll the vehicle. They continue to run our credit this entire time. So since August seventeenth, they've been.
Speaker 14: Running our game.
Speaker 2: Now, did you fill out the down on, did you count hold on?
Speaker 5: Did you fill out the finance documents accurately? In other words, you didn't lie about income or anything?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 18: No, not at all, not at all?
Speaker 2: Who are you dealing with it? Larry Miller?
Speaker 20: I was dealing with Corey and Jeff. So Corey is the sales guy and Jeff Sensor is the financing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need his name again. The finance guy, that Sensor, Jeff Censor, Jesse, sorry, Jesse Center, Jess Jess.
Speaker 5: As in Jesse James. Yes, yes, how I propose. Okay, Now here's what I'd like to do.
Speaker 2: I'd like to call Jesse Sensor, who's going to take a doc? Are you there?
Speaker 10: I'm still here, Tom.
Speaker 2: You understand the nuance of this deal. I do.
Speaker 5: And the nuance is they financed it, they agreed, they signed it as an agent for the credit union.
Speaker 2: They can't simply back out because they didn't do their homework.
Speaker 8: They know.
Speaker 2: Don't let him know you.
Speaker 5: They know as well as anyone when they pulled the credit report and and they let that car go. They knew what they were doing. And now they're holding it up. And before we go all ape crap on them, I want to know if they're going to honor the contract as written. If not, we need to get an attorney who can take this and help.
Speaker 10: Us out because the deal is boored right.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of the ways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's not as easy as it sounds. It's one thing to do, but I want to call this Jesse sensor and basically I want to tell them that we fought this in the past and already won that. When the dealer fills out financing papers and signs as an agent of the finance company and hands the key and hands the keys and everything over, they've sold this car, and Samantha, I don't know how they're going to get out of this one.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see your deal paperwork, though. Do you have it totally?
Speaker 13: I mean, I, oh, yeah, I have it right in front of me right now, ain't it to be honest?
Speaker 20: I also, I did speak to attorney already. They're the reason why I called you is because they suggested I call you number one, but also number two. I've also made a report with the Department of Revenue in Auto industry about this, so there's also a taste going with that as well.
Speaker 2: Did did the attorney? Didn't the attorney agree with what I said? I mean, what did the attorney advise you at all? Or not?
Speaker 20: She did give me advice, She honestly told me to reach out to you, reach out the Department of Revenue, see what we can get done, and then obviously if they push back, then.
Speaker 5: Many of my callers come from attorneys. Many of my callers come from attorneys who say, call Tom and then that's a good thing by the way we work together.
Speaker 10: Hey, did you make any payments on the monthly payments for the.
Speaker 7: Car on the loan?
Speaker 20: So?
Speaker 3: Not yet?
Speaker 20: So our first payment is due October first, I ask.
Speaker 2: And when it's due, you pay it to the credit union. We ought to call the credit union to us a credit union.
Speaker 20: It's principle. On the paperwork, it's I'm sorry, it's it's hold one second and grab it, grab it on the tablework they financed through partner Colorado Credit Union, credit Union Partner.
Speaker 2: Okay, we all to want to call them too, Doc. I want to get our attorney on.
Speaker 20: We did call.
Speaker 2: And what did they say?
Speaker 20: I did call Eli J. Miller. I did call LH. Miller to see about where I'm supposed to be making this payment because you know, obviously, like I, we're going to follow through this this contract we're making me.
Speaker 2: Samantha, You're not, Samantha, I'm not kidding you. I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not stroking you here. You're you're very smart. You didn't cave like your husband wanted to. You know, you have to make payments and and I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: What do you do for a What do you do for a living?
Speaker 20: Yes, yes, I actually a veterinary nurse, but I have a I am a veterinary nurse that I do have a degree in business.
Speaker 14: So I know that this is a business contract.
Speaker 2: This is contract, and they signed it.
Speaker 20: And signed it.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's such morons. I can't wait to hold it now. Now.
Speaker 5: Kachina, who was that attorney we had in with the car deal that helped us with the last card deal. She's really good.
Speaker 2: In fact, she referred him to us. Yeah, I want to get Rena okay, good, good, you talked. You talked to Reina. Good.
Speaker 5: Then I want to get her opinion on it. Anyway, if we can get Raina on the air, I want to. I want to get her opinion on this and the old dealer callbacks in general. Samantha, I'm going to let Deputy Doc make some calls on this and we're gonna shake this thing loose.
Speaker 9: Okay for them too, I'd make the payment in person. I wouldn't mail it.
Speaker 5: No, I'd go there and make a payment and i'd film it if they refuse it. Samantha, listen, Uh, you're doing it. I think you're right, and I think I mean from everything you're telling me us. Do me a favor, though, Kelly, have her email me the or email to you and then to me to the the contracts, specifically the finance contract.
Speaker 2: You got a truth and lending statement and everything. Right? Oh? Yeah, absolutely see, and they're done. They're trying to get out of it. Go ahead, go ahead to maitre.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Samantha.
Speaker 22: Did you say that they continue to pull your credit reports ongoing basis and that your credit score went down one hundred points?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why are they continually? Why are they doing? Why are they pulling your credit?
Speaker 20: I have no idea, And when I ask them, they honestly, every time I from this point, every time I've called them, they just hung up on me. At this point, I don't know why they continue to pour.
Speaker 10: Samantha.
Speaker 2: We got to take a break hold on. We'll come right back to you.
Speaker 5: Hang on three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five one clear choice, garage doors the best garage door company.
Speaker 2: They have all of their prices on their website.
Speaker 5: Now the name of the company is one Clear Choice Garage Doors, but the website is one Clear Choice doors dot com. All of their prices for everything they do. They have great openers, the new sidewinders, they have time to close features, battery backups, Wi Fi features. They have the best and they also have garage doors. And it's called one clear Choice. Doores dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk Samantha.
Speaker 2: You know why are they pulling your credit so much? That's the that's the thing we left off with.
Speaker 5: When you have an ongoing business relationship with a company, they're allowed to pull updates.
Speaker 2: But it seems like, why are they doing it so often?
Speaker 20: Right that I have no idea I know from since August seventeenth, I have fifty two hard inquiries that are all sourcing from Eli Smiller.
Speaker 5: At this point, I think they're doing it as a punitive thing.
Speaker 2: That's what it sounds like to me. Wow.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I mean that's how it feels. I mean, to be honest, like me and my husband were even in the middle of moving right now, and it's getting so bad as far as our credit goes that, like we're having difficulty getting our electricity turned on because of how often they've been running our credit. My husband's credit went.
Speaker 5: From Okay, I hope doc, I hope you're hearing this. This We can also add to this slander of credit. Did they give you a reason why they wanted an extra five or ten grand down?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 20: No, it was they just said as a down payment. There there wasn't like any But when.
Speaker 2: You first went in there, they never when you first went in there, they never mentioned it, did they?
Speaker 20: No, No, we paid two thousand down, Like that's what we left when we put the first purchase the vehicle.
Speaker 2: And they never said we may need to get more money.
Speaker 5: No, never, God, oh man I today has been a day of just frustration for me on how people are still getting ripped off each and every.
Speaker 2: Day, each and every day. This phenomenon with the dealer callback is crazy.
Speaker 5: It is absolutely crazy the way they try to get away with this. Well, okay, Samantha, I appreciate you calling. Hang on and make sure Doc has everything he needs, and then we're going to get that attorney Raina back on and we're going to ask her her opinion on enforcing these contracts because they are just ridiculous. Thank you, three all three seven to one three talk. Feel free to call people three all three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Okay, now there was another one.
Speaker 5: Larry Miller did the same thing to me, says someone who wrote to me by text. In fact, I got a few of those that Larry Miller did the same thing. So it seems to be mhmm. One of the things they do they released the car and then call you back and try to get more money out of you.
Speaker 2: We're going to put a stop to that. Welcome to the real world, Larry H. Miller.
Speaker 5: Also, we never got an update on that Phil Long thing in.
Speaker 2: Last year? Last week? Was it was it last ye?
Speaker 9: Last week?
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, Yeah, it was last week.
Speaker 5: It was that man that bought that Mercedes, A dying patient who bought the Mercedes, and Raina the attorney referred him to us and she came on the show with him. What a terrible abuse from Phil Long, and they said they were going to take care of it.
Speaker 2: We have not heard. I'd like to also get an update on that case now. Of course, if there was.
Speaker 5: A settlement, it could be that they signed a non disclosure, not me, but they did.
Speaker 2: And so here's what here's what we know.
Speaker 5: We know that the guy wanted to buy a Mercedes to go out to California to see the sunset for the last time, one on his bucket list, and he has terminal cancer and he was.
Speaker 2: He was I call a victim.
Speaker 5: He bought a Mercedes from these guys and traded in his car, made a terrible deal, but then wanted to take the Mercedes back.
Speaker 2: He decided not to go to California. He was too sick and he realized he had bit off more than he could chew. And when he went back, they sold him his old car back and took the Mercedes back.
Speaker 5: And he ended up with like a thirty thousand dollars loan on his own car, plus a maintenance agreement and the whole the bottom line is.
Speaker 2: The whole thing turned out at it. Let's see what happened. It turned out that it was like cash too. Yeah. Plus yeah, he was out cash.
Speaker 5: He was out like thirty grand from dealing with them for like a week. It was the worst, one of the worst deals I have ever seen. And Raina the attorney took care of that one. And I was trying to find the original call here because I want to find out what happened to it. That's the problem, that's the one that's bothering me right now, is I don't have Let's see, I'm looking for it. I don't have the original call rate in front of me. But I want to make sure they said they were going to take care of it. Sometimes companies say that to get us off their back.
Speaker 2: Here it is here, it is, I got the notes here. A dying client wan to buy. He went to Colorado Springs Mercedes Benz Phill Long and he put five. Look at bottom line is.
Speaker 5: This man was out a ton of money from dealing with Phil Long, and it was the most ugly deal you ever want to see. Now, this one with Miller is not so ugly. It's just par for the course.
Speaker 2: Larry H.
Speaker 5: Miller, these are people that, in my opinion, you don't want to deal with. You don't want to deal with Phil Long, you don't want to deal with Larry Miller. These are just this is just my opinion based on the experience we've had on the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, coming back, we're going to talk about this bank deal.
Speaker 5: Okay, banks are closing people's account putting them under so called investigation for fraud as an excuse to.
Speaker 2: Keep their money. We'll talk about that and more coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five All right, now, Tom, I believe a car dealership continue to pull her credit so her score would drop dramatically, so they can say her credit is much weaker.
Speaker 2: And that's why they need to get the car back. Do you think? And Dimitri, you said they are probably doing that too, being scumbags.
Speaker 5: They're just doing it on purpose. All right, So let's go back to that other problem you were working on.
Speaker 9: US Bank.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this guy calls in and we've had a few calls like this. This is not the only one where he is being debanked. They closed his account on supposedly fraud They say, oh yeah, there's fraudulent activity. Now, mind you, they never tell you what the fraudulent activity is. Ever, They never tell you. They simply freeze your account, close your account, and keep your money. Well, that crap's not going to work, I mean, okay, So what happened?
Speaker 22: Well, I spoke with Isaac over at the US Bank branch in Long Mind, and he said that, well, he cannot address this issue with me because I'm not the account holder. He promised to immediately call Paul the consumer and explain to him where his twelve hundred dollars are. I followed up with Paul just a few minutes ago. He hasn't heard from Isaac yet. So I called the branch again and I spoke with a lady named Chelsea, who said that Isaac is on the phone, and she took down my name and phone number, and she told me that she'll ask him to call me. So I'll keep working on this over the way sarement.
Speaker 2: So he didn't call this consumer yet.
Speaker 22: He did call the consumer. The consumer wasn't able to answer the phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, So he did call Okay, all right, So he wasn't lying about that they got to get his money back.
Speaker 2: Has anyone listening right now been debanked? You? Have your accounts been closed? Yet? Again, it's mostly political, but I've been hearing randomly from people here and there that for some reason their accounts have been closed, and then they keep the money.
Speaker 5: They make you fight to the nail for the money. They say it's under investigation. You know, it's really funny. What are they going to do with the money even if they found out it was fraud? Why do they get to keep it?
Speaker 9: Exactly?
Speaker 5: I mean, really, who died and put them in charge of fraudulent funds?
Speaker 16: Do you think it's some small print hidden in the Patriot Act that nobody knows about.
Speaker 2: That they close conservative organization's bank accounts.
Speaker 10: Well, that they can close back down.
Speaker 2: That don't hold up the narrative of Biden and whatever Democratic Party? Yeah, no, I don't. Look.
Speaker 5: I know that there are some homeland security things when it has to do with cash transactions and.
Speaker 2: All of that. I've never heard anything at all about closing accounts and keeping money just because Kevin, we got a car thing here.
Speaker 5: Is it possible to alter your car to put a dipstick in where there is none on the transmission or the engine oil. I think it wouldn't be impossible. It'd be a pain, it'd probably void any warrant you ever had in a world.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I mean if money is no obji, yeah, of course, But I.
Speaker 5: Mean it wouldn't be hard, not really, even like in the fill tube itself, well.
Speaker 9: The fil tube is actually a plug on top it's not even a tube anymore. I mean it's it's a plastic plug you have to remove.
Speaker 5: To and then there's a hole a hole. Yeah, but where's that hole going. Oh, there's no way to check the level because it doesn't go down into the.
Speaker 9: Pain, doesn't go to the pan. It goes to the top of the tree.
Speaker 2: Because that that dipstick is like a tunnel exactly. The well. You can't retro one of those.
Speaker 9: Damn things may be very difficult. I mean, is it possible, yeah, practical No, gosh, dang it. Sealed unit. That's what they want. They don't want you playing with it. Run it out of fluid, burn it up and go get a new car.
Speaker 5: You know, people, do you understand what he's saying that essentially, they don't want you changing transmission fluid once you buy a car.
Speaker 9: You can't even take a condition of the fluid without draining it.
Speaker 2: And they they have the nerve to call it lifetime fluid.
Speaker 9: Yep, lifetime anti freeze, lifetime fluid.
Speaker 2: Wait, not lifetime anti Yeah.
Speaker 9: They've some of the fills. They're considered lifetime, which is nonsense. Wait wait wait wait wait, Yeah, there's thousand mile.
Speaker 2: But what about the expansion tank, Like do you still have that that coolant?
Speaker 9: You have basically the same coolant. But they're saying you don't have to worry about changing your fluid for a hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 2: But there is access access, Yes, I'm talking about where is where is there no access transmissions?
Speaker 9: And you know, and you're saying success but not easy access.
Speaker 5: Well like the oil on my beam or you said I can't check it, no, but I can fill it. Obviously that they've not made any engines yet that are supposedly lifetime oil. That would be ridiculous, but they have attempted or did make lifetime transmission and they really mean that that you never have to filters.
Speaker 9: You can't change the filters. The only thing you do is possibly change a little fluid.
Speaker 2: But do people do that when when they have a lifetime transmission fluid? Well, car, give me an idea of some cars doing that?
Speaker 9: Well, every every manufacturer makes one. I mean they're they're rampant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now okay, what would you do? Would you still change it? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well you can drop pans or you can get access to it. See I can access the fluid, but you can't in your garage without going through a major headache.
Speaker 2: But there is no interval. There's literally no interval in the owner's manual for changing transmission.
Speaker 9: Flood It's right, it's not recommended.
Speaker 5: God, I just find that so extraordinarily stupid. What is the purpose, what is the purpose behind that?
Speaker 9: It's just plain obsolescence. I mean, there's nothing else short of that. There's no reason why you would do that, because I can't check the oil in your beamer either without a scanner plugged in and it'll give me an oil level.
Speaker 5: By the way, I just texted got texted by someone who said he's been debanked.
Speaker 2: But I want more details. Try to call in if you can. I really do want more details.
Speaker 5: By the way, Frank Duran, the realestateman dot com right now is doing this market valuation, which is more important now than ever since rates went down, demands up a little, supplies down a little.
Speaker 2: You want to know what your house will sell for.
Speaker 5: He'll look at the neighborhood, the comps, He'll look at the supply and demand and the interest rates and all.
Speaker 2: Of the factors. And this is all free.
Speaker 5: There is absolutely no obligation to find out what your house will sell for what you can net after commissions and what you can buy. That's Frank Durant, the real Estateman dot com three three nine two z Earl sixteen twenty two. I'm Martino here three three seven three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey Randy, what kind of issue are you having with chime bank?
Speaker 24: Same thing I was, yeah, same thing. It was two years ago. You I called into you and you had me file through somebody.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Doc. What was that agency you put us in touch with? They do a good job, the Financial Protection bureauer site.
Speaker 2: You're right. I forgot about that. You're right, Randy. So anyway, whatever happened with yours? They debanked you? Did they give you a reason?
Speaker 24: They told me that they wanted the receipts I paid cash for these parts.
Speaker 2: Oh that yeah, that's right, that's right. You They they listened to this. The guy just had cash transactions and they didn't like it, and they wanted to see corresponding receipts. For god's sakes, I mean, they're like being police. Wow, whatever happened with it? Did you get your money?
Speaker 7: Nope?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, they kept your money?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 24: How much a little over three grands.
Speaker 2: Now, wait a.
Speaker 5: Minute, they shut down your account for which for what reason? Because you had cash transactions?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 24: I had cash transactions that totaled like fifteen hundred bucks. But the park store didn't have the cash refund me, so I had to go to a card So I put it on the card and they shut me down and quit corresponding with me.
Speaker 2: So the wait, wait, wait, but but what difference does it make if it was your money?
Speaker 24: That's what they would never They would never tell me why so.
Speaker 2: You took you took cash out of your bank to buy something, yep. And then they issued you a credit on your credit card yep, because they couldn't issue a cash refund.
Speaker 9: Ye. And see if didn't help you with that.
Speaker 2: This is crazy. You know what, Randy, Uh leave your name with Kachina. I want to get you back on Monday.
Speaker 5: This is ridiculous, really it is, Okay, I want to get you back on I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three talk call three oh three Martino anytime you want. Okay, and don't forget sheardan auto tech dot com