Speaker 1: Kf I am six forty is later with Mo Kelly. We are live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. Another day, another plane collision. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying. And I say this as someone who honestly does not like to fly. I do it because I have to. I do it because I want to see the world. If there was some other way that I could travel to Europe as opposed to getting on a plane, I would probably do it if it was comparable in the amount of time it would take to travel. Absolutely, I don't like flying, and I say that being very realistic about the percentages. You think of the thousands and thousands of flights which take off and land every single day, every single day, without incident. But there is something different right now.
Speaker 2: Now. Of course, we are much more aware.
Speaker 1: We are much more sensitive to anything which may go wrong on a flight, take off, landing, near miss, what have you. Because of what I would say, started all this with the DC mid air collision over the Potomac, and you combine that with the Trump administration firings of key FAA figures and NTSB and TSA. When you put it all together, yes, it's a topic of discussion every single day for varying reasons. But there is something different in the sense that we've had a number of incidents within a three to four weeks, I would say, more so than any time in recent history. Now I say this as someone and I remind people my older sister worked at LAX for I don't know how many years, and I would hear about all the things that the general public did not hear about. So I know that there are things which go on all the time on these planes, issues which never see the light of day. And yes, if anything happens now, of course the media is going to highlight it and people are going to run to the media to tell them about it.
Speaker 2: I get all that.
Speaker 1: But in the conversations with the people that I know who work at various airports around the country, they will tell you that this is different. And part of the reason it is different, air quotes is because there is a staffing issue.
Speaker 2: There's a staffing concern.
Speaker 1: Put it that way, as far as total number of FAA officials which are available, total number of air traffic controllers who are available, total number of NTSB and TS say, people who are available and not overworked, not understaffed. But here is the latest.
Speaker 3: I'll sit you back to that breaking news we've been covering this morning as we get you new information on a deadly plane crash in southern Arizona. Authorities are telling us here at ABC fifteen two people have died after two planes collided just before eight thirty this morning.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It happened at the Marana Regional Airport, about twenty miles north of Tucson. A total of four people are involved. The FAA says two people were on board both planes. They're not specifying just yet who was killed in the crash or if the other two people involved or hurt. The FAA and the NTSP are sending crews to that scene as they work to figure out exactly why it happened. Script's news group is there on scene, sharing updates here on air and at ABC fifteen dot com.
Speaker 1: Am I going to change my travel arrangements? Probably not? Probably not. I know I have to go to Pleasanton in July. I got to go to Miami in June. I gotta go a few other places. I have to go to Miami again next October. I gotta go to DC at some point in between. Am I going to change my travel and maybe take the train, which is going to take another four or five days.
Speaker 2: Probably not. Am I going to stop flying all together? Definitely?
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 2: Am I more concern now than ever before.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you can tell me about the stats all day long. You can tell me, hey, you know, it's still safer than driving a car. Are there more fatalities as far as car accidents? I get all that, and maybe maybe my concern is somewhat irrational.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say it's a phobia.
Speaker 1: I would say I'm more afraid of bees than flying, not joking, being very serious, but there is something different. Sometimes it's just the frequency. Sometimes it's the nature of what is happening. We've had all sorts of of air issues, from private from commercial, you know, the small sess and the things that we've not been able to wrap our heads around as of yet. We haven't found out everything that we need to know with the DC mid air collision. We haven't found out everything we need to know with that private jet that went nose down into that Philadelphia neighborhood. So were all these incidents, in my mind, are piling up, no pun intended, not trying to be funny, piling up and we don't have the answers to at least mentally and emotionally put ourselves in ease around them. Maybe it's rationalization where we can say, well, if this happened because of that, or that happened because of this. And I know that I'm probably one of millions of what I'll call ourselves nervous flyers. Don't like it, don't like it. I'm not saying I'm gripping the seat. I am saying it's something that's always on my mind. Every time I step on a plane. I save my prayer before we take off, and I save my prayer and thank you after we land every single time.
Speaker 2: Does it help? Hopefully? You know, hopefully.
Speaker 1: And I can't tell you that we won't have another incident in the next week or so, but the trajectory that we're on suggests that we will. I don't know how we get past this moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I remember.
Speaker 1: Let me say, first, good evening to Mark Runner. We missed you last night. I see you have a really really nice haircut.
Speaker 5: I don't ever go from being woozy at the dentist to just walking into the barber and saying, hey, can I can I have a touchup.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't have an appointment.
Speaker 5: But by the way, you're talking about plane flights, there have been I believe thirteen crashes so far in twenty twenty five. It's February. I wouldn't get on a plane right now if you supplied me with xanax in a pez dispenser. Okay, I don't I know what the workaround is, you know, I don't know what the solution is.
Speaker 1: Is it not having an incident for five months? Is that going to make me feel better? I don't know what is our employment situation going to be at that point. Are there going to be more firing so in dismissals. Are we going to have even fewer people working at these key agencies to make sure that everything is safe and secure. I don't know. It's not about having fewer incidents. It's about knowing knowing that we as a country are doing everything that we could be and should be doing to avert the next disaster. So if we go the next six months with nothing bad happening, that doesn't make me feel better. If I know that people are still overworked and understaffed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not hard to connect the dots here. We didn't have a lot of plane crashes prior to this year. Now we got a bunch of them right in a row. We don't need to call it in Colombo. Just one more thing, sir well.
Speaker 1: But to be serious, I was still caution against the trying to make a causal relationship.
Speaker 6: But correlation that still matters, that's still important. Yeah, it's still too frequent for my comfort. I really would not get on a plane right now. You're different than me because you're not lazy. You're driven to what's the word I'm looking for, Oh, yes, do things. Yeah, I am driven to live in that regard. Yes, But when I say there's a correlation, in other words, I know that fewer people managing this situation.
Speaker 1: Is not a help or a solution to the problem. Not fewer people. And it doesn't mean that the hirings have caused these incidents. I know though the absence of all these key individuals in their key positions, they do nothing to help rectify it.
Speaker 2: It's later with mo Kelly Kiff.
Speaker 1: I am six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app And when we come back, we got to tell you about the latest scam in southern California, and it has to do with towing your car.
Speaker 7: That's next you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Then if you've ever had your car toad, it sucks. Let's say, if you've parked in the Hollywood area, because you can park nowhere in Hollywood legally, especially in the neighborhoods, you will watch the tow trucks drive up and down the streets. They're just looking for you. And I've been told once there, it sucks. They tow you to this yard and it doesn't matter if you're there thirty minutes later. You have to pay like a day's worth of towing fees or storage impound fees.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, but it racks up very quickly.
Speaker 1: Or if you get into a car accident and you have to have your car toad, you weren't planning to have that accident, and your car may be towed somewhere you don't know where the towing lot, or could be twenty miles from your mechanic, or you don't know exactly how much that's going to cost you. Well, there are some criminals or would be criminals out there who are taking advantage of that, and according to the California Department of Insurance, it is rampant where these towing companies are committee what they're calling vehicle hostage scams involving tow truck companies targeting motorists involved in traffic accidents.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: This is directly from the California Department of Insurance.
Speaker 4: The California Department of Insurance is warning drivers about scams involving tow trucks and body shops targeting accident victims. The scam involves a tow truck showing up immediately after a collision and offers to help by towing your vehicle to a body shop. They tell you which body shop they are taking your vehicle to before you have time to check with your insurance company, and they ask you to sign documents or tell you someone will call you. Then the body shop holds your vehicle hostage, forcing you to pay a large amount of money, typically not covered by your insurance, in order to get back your vehicle. Make sure you don't victim of fraud. If you're in an accident on the highway, verify with HP or your insurance company who is towing your vehicle and where, and never sign any documents without understanding what the agreement is. For more information on how to protect yourself from this and other scams, visit Insurance dot CA dot gov or call us at eight hundred nine two seven four three five seven.
Speaker 2: That's basically it.
Speaker 1: You get in an accident, tow truck shows up, you sign some paperwork, and they'll tow your car to a quote unquote legitimate facility, but it may be like a two day minimum that you have to pay for or all these hidden fees that you have to pay to get your car out of tow. And I'm not even sure that that guarantees that it will be taken to the body shop or the next place that it needs to go. And then all of a sudden, you're out of hundreds of hundreds of dollars because let's say it sits at the towing location for three or four days. That's what I'm saying. You don't want your car to sit anywhere for any length of time other than the body shop. And one time I remember when I got into an accident. Of course I was much younger, I didn't know any better. They towed my car to the this body shop that my insurance company would not cover. They didn't have that relationship with that body shop. So then I had to pay to have my car towed again to another location. And that stuff adds up very very quickly. And yes, if you have ever had your car toad, you know what a pain in the ass it is going to be and most likely how expensive it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been told Stephan Oh, I got a story.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, okay, all the kids are sitting around the campfire, Go ahead, go. So when I used to live in Torrents, I lived right next to, like almost next door to a Rite Aid and then the building manager himself sad.
Speaker 2: Way, I know we talk.
Speaker 1: We're talking about okay, okay, uh so he even he he said, he goes, I'm kind of like, I'm not saying I'm gonna just say, I'm just saying, he goes, you can park your extra cars there, but I'm not technically telling you you're allowed to do that. So every single resident did that. So for the better part of a year, I parked because I had the Uber car, I parked there. And one day I'm going to work it's about five in the morning. I go there, it's gone. I assumed it was stolen, and which is possible. Yeah, and then I found out that, oh they're breaking They're cracking down on people parking in the in the in that parking lot. And I was one of the examples that got that got towed. Was it explicit saying no parking or you will be toad No, it was just like it was one of those typical generic signs that says for towing, call an h towing number one, eight hundred whatever, and that's all it had. And then I guess they just decided, oh, going to start towing people. And I was one of the people that got was the examples. And then they started putting it up in our apartment building that said you cannot park there anymore because you will get towed. I got towed. I had to pay. Oh man, I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know what it was. I would say, what, how many days was it was it there?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well I parked there every day. No, no, no.
Speaker 1: After I was told how long it was it was there for one day, I say at least three hundred dollars pretty close, three eighty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's almost four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so my ex at the time drove me to the place, which, like you said, I'm in Torrance. I think it was in like not it was almost West Hollywood, but not there, but we had to go all the way out there to get it and drive it back. I was so mad, and even the guy I felt I felt kind of bad because even the guy, when I went to pay him, he goes, Yo, this isn't on me. The company made us toe it. I didn't want to toe anybody. And I was like, yeah, I get it, man, it's not on you. But at least he wasn't like rude about it. But I was just so depressed and so angry. And I had to pay all that money and I didn't make any money that day because I didn't go do uber.
Speaker 2: I was so mad. I just went home. That was a double loss. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it sucks, Ronner. I know you got towed at some point. Well before I moved here, I lived in Seattle, and one of the landmarks in Seattle is a thing called the tow truck, and it's a pink truck up on a pedestal with a giant shape like a giant foot with a huge big toe on it. And I gotta I really empathize with foush because there's nothing more horrifying than coming out to where you think your car is and the car's just gone. You don't know if it's been towed, it could have been stolen, or anything could have happened to it.
Speaker 2: And so you got to start with.
Speaker 5: Like calling whoever might be at home, calling the cops, and then finally you follow the trail of evidence to realize that, oh, I have to make the walk or cab of shame to pick up my towed car. And it's always preposterously sanely like like third world bribe, expensive, like yes, you can't believe that this is a thing that's allowed to take place in the United States in the twenty first century.
Speaker 2: But you got to do it. There's nothing you can do to WELLA, I know you've been towed. I have. I have.
Speaker 9: And actually it was after an accident on the freeway. I was rear ended and thrown into another car and we were off to the side, and before I knew what was happening, a tow truck pulled up out of nowhere. A guy ran up when we said, hey, I'm here to tow your car. He was talking fast, gave me his car, gave him some paperwork designed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, we're taking it over to the lot. Now your claims Addrester will.
Speaker 9: Call blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I'm shook, you know, still spinning because of the accident. Couldn't find out that this guy took our car halfway across the city at a place that when we got to. When I finally got to the car, it had been ran. They're like, oh, it came like this, there's nothing in it. One of those situations, and had to pay to get it out, and then also had to pay, like you said, to get it to the actual tow yard that was going to take care of because by my insurance company was like, we don't know who that is. That individual does not represent us. We don't know why you are California Higher Patrol anyone allowed this individual to come up and take your car like well, I thought he was sent out by the city or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And that's what they prey upon, you know, the first time. You just don't know the first time. Now they won't ever get you again never, but they're looking for the person to get the first time. And look, these are lessons learned. I hopefully this is free wisdom. These horror stories that we've told and shared with you will hopefully protect you and prepare you so you don't necessarily have to go through these same nightmares.
Speaker 2: Free wisdom, unless you want to pay for it. That's up to you.
Speaker 1: It's Later with mo Kelly CAF We are live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and when we come back, I have to tell you about a Bonker's City council meeting in the city of Huntington Beach discussing a MAGA sign to be added to the library. Mind you, let me set it up like this, mind you, Huntington Beach is the city that voted upon where you could not have any flags other than the American and state flag to be displayed on any city or government property. Well, we have audio from the city council meeting and it's a doozy. We'll have it next.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We all have slogans, we have banners, flags, we have signs that we put on our lawns.
Speaker 2: We have signs that will put on our car.
Speaker 1: We talked about bumper stickers yesterday, and obviously whenever we have a sign, it says something about us and where we place. It says something about the place that it is set. If you were driving by someone's house and they have a BLM flag flying over their house, it says something about who is there.
Speaker 2: Now, whether that's positive or negative, that's up to you.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, once you put that sign, once you put that banner up, you're sending a message and people will receive it however they receive it. The City of Huntington Beach, they've had a very spirited debate, That's how I'll phrase it. The Huntington Beach Central Library is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary, and the city council, like many city councils, is quote unquote nonpartisan, meaning when you vote on the city council, there's not a D or an R next to his or her name. You're just voting on the person, regardless of whether you know that they happen to be a registered Democrat or Republican. You're not specifically and explicitly voting for that libraries, city government offices. They they are not explicitly political. I think we can all agree on that. The issue here is the Huntington Beach Central Library, because of us unanimous city council vote, is going to install a plaque at the Century Library on Talbert Avenue in celebration of this fiftieth anniversary. And it says MAGA, magical, alluring, galvanizing, adventurous. Let's not insult anyone's intelligence. Okay, it may say magical, alluring, galvanizing, adventurous, but that's not the message that is trying to convey. If we went to a different city and they want to install a BLM plaque, and that's an easy comparison. Instead of putting Black Lives Matter, they put I don't know, believing, loving, and magical on it. You're not fooling anyone, right, same things here. And if you've never been to your own city council meeting, you know for your city, I encourage you to go. There's a lot of good information there that you should know about and you won't be surprised by certain things. You are given a platform to be heard by the city council. You get your voice heard and you get to enter in these debates. Now, this particular city council meeting in Huntington Beach happened last night, and there was a large contingent of people who came out specifically to protest this plaque. Not everyone there at the city council meeting was there in opposition of the plaque. But I'm saying most of the people who were organized to come out they wanted to give voice as an opposition. I just want to play two of the voices, one four and one against. You get an idea of what happened and what was happening in the chamber in which you could hear going on behind the speaker. This was someone who came up to the microphone and he's wearing a Make America Great Again hat.
Speaker 2: So if anything to.
Speaker 1: Him, the plaque is consistent with what he's wearing, He's not making any bones about it. That's what he reads when he sees that plaque, even though it may say magical, alluring, galvanizing, adventurous.
Speaker 10: My name is Russell Neil, and I live in Huntington Beach. Look, I'm fine with this library plaque, but I am also amused at the expressions of dismay over its political content from people for whom everything is political. As to the petitions, while pretending to be about threats of book banning and library privatization, neither of which exists, we all know the actual motive behind these two disingenuous petitions is a strange obsession with using our library to push adult sexual material on minors.
Speaker 2: Please let him speak. We all know. I commend this.
Speaker 10: Council for its defense of our children and urge you not to.
Speaker 2: But to fight them to the nail.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Next speaker, place, next speaker place.
Speaker 1: What has garnered the most attention is a particular speaker in opposition of the plaque. His name is Chris Kleuey, former NFL punter, played with the Seattle Seahawks and a Minnesota Vikings that I can remember off the top of my head. And he went there with the express intent of being heard and also participating in civil disobedience where he had what he had to say. Then he approached the city council members who are sitting like an Assindi circle. Have you ever seen like a traditional tribunal? How they were sitting seated next to each other, And there's this big open area. I'm painting the picture for you so you'll know it when you hear it. And he sits down in the middle of the floor and basically begs the police officers. And if you go to any city council meeting, there's always tremendous police there. They were even more because this was a hot button issue, and you would see four or five I think Huntington Beach police officers arrest him and they carry him out because he's like passively resisting. He's not trying to help at all. He's laying down and he's taken out and arrested. But this is what Chris Kluey had to say prior to being arrested.
Speaker 8: Hi, my name's Chris Kluey, a fifteen year HB resident. I'm here to speak out against both the plaque and the current city council as a community. Make clear at the Libry Commission meeting last Tuesday, everyone is in favor of a plaque to celebrate the library, but the vast, vast majority are against, including a maga acrosstick. Okay, Unfortunately, it's clear that this council does not listen. So instead I'm going to take my time to say what MAGA has stood for these past three weeks. Magastans for trying to erase trans people from existence. Magastans for resegregation and racism. Stands for censorship and book bands. Magastans for firing air traffic controllers while planes are crashing. Magastans for firing the people overseeing our nuclear arsenal. Magastans for firing military veterans and those serving them at the VA, including canceling and research on veterans suicide. Magastans for cutting funds to education, including for disabled children. MEGA is profoundly corrupt, unmistakably anti democracy, and most importantly, MEGA is explicitly a Nazi movement. You may have replaced a swastika with a red hat, but that is what it is. I will now engage in the time honored American tradition of peaceful civil disobedience.
Speaker 1: Heck, get out.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: Police have sworn the stage. Hey, we're gonna take a five minute recess.
Speaker 1: And so that was the Huntington Beach City Council meeting last night, probably a little bit more eventful than usual. I don't know if anything will be changed. As far as I know that plaque is still going up and it's going to still say magical, alluring, galvanizing, adventurous.
Speaker 5: I think he lost at least half the crowd by using the fancy word acrostic.
Speaker 2: Look that went over to hit a lot of people's heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it, but it's like, just use the five dollar word, not the twenty five thousand dollar word.
Speaker 5: No, that'll really separate the wheat from the chaff if you got somebody scratching themselves and looking around blankly, like what did you just say?
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know the demographics of Huntington Beach as far as all of their politics.
Speaker 2: I know that during.
Speaker 1: COVID we remember the protests in the streets regarding the vaccine. It's largely conservative, but at this particular meeting, the most vocal people who came out were in opposition to it. But I don't know if it changes anything, But I guess the takeaway is, you know, go to your city council meetings because there's a lot going on. This is a perfect example that you may not agree with or you may want more support for, And that's a perfect example of how your voice can be heard. We always talk about effective protesting. It starts on a very basic local level, not in the streets, but in the chambers where the people are, and you can not only get heard, but you're on the record, on the record, and then quite possibly you might get city council to change. I don't know if that's going to be the case in this instance, but you might have microphones.
Speaker 9: I have been to a city council meeting and have fought for change. I've fought alongside my colleagues to keep the car camping from taking place on our school campus because we were seeing the results in the fallout of that when it was unchecked and unpoliced, the drug abuse, the violence and things like that, and we saw the Chatsworth City Council shut it down. So I've seen firsthand the effectiveness. I've seen what that process is firsthand, how it works, how they govern, how they go about doing it. I am absolutely thrilled to have been able to listen to this playback from this meeting because I thought that the foreign against more the against, which is absolutely thrilling. I love it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've gone to city council meetings. I've gone to.
Speaker 1: County supervisor gatherings as well. Because if you live in an unincorporated portion of La City Council. You don't have a representative city council member, so you have to go to the county supervisor meetings.
Speaker 2: And yes they are effective.
Speaker 1: Yes, I went for actually something similar to you with the RVs which are parking in the neighborhood and just for weeks on end and dumping.
Speaker 2: Their septic tanks and everything in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: That was something like, no, we can't have that, and because of public pressure, they changed the zoning and they enforced the news zoning. So I highly recommend, regardless of your views, make sure that you are active in your local government. We always want to talk about what the president is doing. You need to talk about what's happening right where you are, right around your corner. It's later with Mo Kelly KFI AM six forty Live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app when we come back Kamala Harris, the former VP. She signed with an agent in fact at CAA. You think what is going on here? I'll tell you why and how. It's not all that different, but it is different. What do you mean, Moo, I'll tell you the moment.
Speaker 7: You're listening to. Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM and.
Speaker 1: One of the big entertainment stories is also one of the larger political stories. And there's there's a reason for that. Former Vice President Kamala Harris has signed with CAA, arguably the biggest talent agency in Hollywood. And people would say, what I mean is she is she trying to monetize her her political career. Yeah, every former president in every former vice president, That's exactly what they do. Here's the way it used to be, and I'll show you how this is slightly different, but it's the same it used to be. You'd have someone leave office, and it is true for governors and senators, but on a much smaller level, but definitely with presidents and vice presidents. He or she would leave office and then they would go on the speaking circuit, or they would write a book a memoir of their time in the office of president or vice president, and they go on the speaking circuit and they would command I think like George W. Bush was commanding anywhere between thirty and thirty five thousand dollars per speech, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 2: It's not uncommon.
Speaker 1: And they would go to your kid's college graduation or they would speak at the opening of this building or whatever.
Speaker 2: But they would have three or four speaking gigs a.
Speaker 1: Month and they could easily pull in half million to a million dollars.
Speaker 2: So it's lucrative.
Speaker 1: It's a way that most former politicians right off into the sunset and they retain a degree of celebrity.
Speaker 2: That's the way it used to be.
Speaker 1: But back then you would have a speaker's bureau that you'd sign up with, and that speaker's bureau would pitch you out to various universities and events to have the former president come speak.
Speaker 2: You would write a book, your memoir.
Speaker 1: Then you would have a publicist or a publishing house go out and promote this book, and they would send you out on different events. Now, since there's really no line of separation between politics and entertainment, where you have and I talked about this yesterday, you have these folks who are basically entertainers who then become politicians. Well, they're looked at in an entertainment context. We know the Obamas, they left the White House and they had their Netflix deal. This is the way it's being done now because we know that where there is a book or memoir, they're also television rights attached, which will immediately be turned into some sort of documentary or TV show. And this already happened in the music industry. They call them three sixty deals. Now you're finding politicians, they have their own kind of three sixty deal where they will leave office and then you have an agency like CAA Creative Artists Agency. Whether they say, okay, Kamala Harris, you don't need to have a speaker's bureau, we'll take care of that.
Speaker 2: You know, if you go to write a book, we'll publish it.
Speaker 1: And make sure that we publicize it for you and make sure we'll set up all the interviews and stuff that you do.
Speaker 2: CAA would do all that.
Speaker 1: In other words, the substitute Kamala Harris for Tom Hanks is the exact same thing. They would handle all of the media appearances. They would handle all of the products or whatever they're selling, if it's a book, or it's a movie or a documentary or a script that they've pitched, all of that because there is money to be made because politicians are now celebrities, So having the customary book publisher or the speaker's bureau. CIA said no, no, no, no, we can do all of that, and we can do it better than Random House. Sorry, but you know, but everyone knows Random House. No, no, no, we can do it better than so and so Speaker's Bureau because why we're CAAA.
Speaker 2: We have all the relationships. Oh you have a.
Speaker 1: Book now, Kamala Harris, you know what, why don't we take it over to Warner Brothers Studios and get that place so they'll probably play it on Max. We'll actually develop the show talking about your life. We'll turn it into a biopic and CAAA will just handle that. Why because they have all the relationships. It's mutually beneficial and you will find this for every single major politician going forward.
Speaker 2: This shouldn't surprise you. But this is why.
Speaker 1: It's happening, because now entertainment and politics have coalesced in such a way there's really no line of separation. It's part of the reason why entertainers feel that they can be politicians. Going back to my discussion of Steven A. Smith and how politicians know that it's very easy to then move into entertainment. I mean, let's not forget you had President Trump sho showing up at the Super Bowl. You had President Trump showing up at the Daytona five hundred. And if anybody understands this, well, it's Donald Trump coming from an inner tament background and then using that as a springboard for politics. And when he leaves office, assuming he does, if he ever does, he will do the exact same thing, exact same thing in the way that he's already monetized it. He has his cryptomean coin right now. He'll just do it in some other way, but he'll do it after he leaves office. And it's the conventional way of former presidents and vice presidents spending their time and generating income after the leave office.
Speaker 2: It's just now very different.
Speaker 1: They're more opportunities which are afforded to him or her or them where they're not relegated to just writing a book and just speaking at universities. When I was at Georgetown, I think we had then President Reagan spoke at one of the graduations or one of the speaker series on campus. I know we had George H. W. Bush, Senator Bill Bradley spoke at my graduation. That's what they do. They go on to speaking circuit and they end up at different colleges and universities. But now there's so much more available to them. Where you might see them in a commercial, you might see them show up in a cameo role in a TV show.
Speaker 2: That's what you should expect.
Speaker 5: Doesn't It kind of make you wish that they had all this stuff when we were kids, Like I would have loved to see Nixon on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: If if the media was then like it is now, Richard Nixon one would have never resigned Number one.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true too.
Speaker 1: He never would have resigned, And even if he did resign, he would not have lived a life of a reclusivity. He probably would have been out there and been a celebrity in just a different way. Oh, he would have had his own podcast right away, right He wouldn't have needed David Frost. He would have had a podcast, and he would have been able to monetize that, and he would have been able to have all sorts of sponsors.
Speaker 2: Look Hillary Clay and.
Speaker 1: She has her podcast which was doing very well, and prior to her, I don't think there wasn't anyone her on her level, on a political level who tried to enter the political of the podcast space. Gavin Newsom has his own podcast that's how all of this is moving in that one particular direction of blending entertainment and politics. It's later with Mokelly k if I AM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: App's prepared to be stimulated.
Speaker 10: K f I M KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County
Speaker 2: Lots everywhere on the young Heart Radio app.