Speaker 1: Welcome to Financial Issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments. Now, listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 2: This is Financial Issues where we help you defund darkness and fund the light by investing with biblical integrity. Folks, it is Friday, that means it's Focused Friday, and we also have overtime today. Give us a call the number six ten three sixty three eleven ten. I'm Sethi Dinsky. Sam Case is in the control room and we've got your host with us, Mark Manila, Mark, good morning brother, Ready for the show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Absolutely Focus Friday and overtime.
Speaker 4: How could it not be a wonderful day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't get much better than that. It's gonna be awesome, looking forward to it, Folks.
Speaker 1: Join us now.
Speaker 2: If phone lines are wide open, we'll be here for the next ninety minutes or so. Six' ten three six three eleven. Ten that's a lot of. Blens that's a lot of, Minutes plenty of time to get your phone calls. In got a lot to talk about, today, Guys Crossways Kids, club we'll get to that a little, Bit Big tech, EARNINGS, gdp your, questions busy show. Today but before all of, it, guys let's mark why don't remind our listeners of our verse for this, Week Matthew six's twenty four.
Speaker 1: Mark what is?
Speaker 3: It, Well matthew, six twenty four is a verse that helps us to realize the truth that we can only serve one, master bottom line on. It and we can't Serve mammon And god. Both we can't serve anything In god both because we'll hate one and serve the. Other or you, know it's very, clear AND i think that that's why we need to stay focused on this if we are able to keep our. MIND i, mean the number one thing that we need to realize is there's only One. God everything else is either a tool or a distraction to honor That, god and we need to utilize it in that, way either put it out of our lives totally or use it as a tool to Honor god one of the. Other but never make it Our, god never make it our. Hope never make it where we turn to in time to crisis or even in good.
Speaker 1: Times well said, Brother no one can serve two.
Speaker 2: Masters whill hate one love the other else be loyal to want to despise the. Other you cannot Serve, god and, Ma'am and that's a great, Reminder, mark we need to Serve god.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, well, guys let's talk about the big tech.
Speaker 2: Earnings so this, was of course magnificent seven. Week we had four of the four of the.
Speaker 1: Seven.
Speaker 2: Mark by the, way we use that term magnificent. Seven are they really still the? MAGNIFICENCE i know it's all that special. Anymore it seems, like, YEAH i Like mega. Better there you Go mega.
Speaker 3: Because of the size. Magnificent they've never been. Magnificent they've always been a little bit. Stinky, yeah, yeah and. SCARY i MEAN i Remember meta, back you, KNOW i Mean, google how everybody Loved google when it started blossoming and getting, great and you, know their things was harm no one and all this kind of. Stuff and then they found then everybody found out they were manipulating all the everything on The internet and just doing it all for. Money and it's, like, oh, Stinky.
Speaker 1: Yeah remember the motto was don't be.
Speaker 5: Evil and then we found out that they were working With china to create this whole sensor. System so everyone was, Like, oh the motto actually should be be.
Speaker 4: Evil, yeah.
Speaker 1: Much more, accurate much more.
Speaker 2: Accurate, well, guys we did See apple And amazon both reporting.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, sam you wanna give us the details? There that's.
Speaker 5: Right we got those earnings reports in and it was a little bifurcated this, time just like yesterday with some of the other big tech. Stocks So apple coming in shares a falling seven percent in the pre market as, earnings, revenue and iPhone sales all be, expectations but the company issued weaker forward guidance for the current, quarter citing supply constraints to the ongoing global memory supply. Crunch on the flip, Side amazon shares were up twelve percent in pre. Markets amazon's cloud computing business jumped thirty seven percent in the second, quarter marking the biggest expansion since twenty twenty. One, meanwhile the company forecast capital expenditures to hit two hundred and twenty billion dollars this, year up from a prior forecast of two hundred billion, dollars so an increase of twenty billion dollars all.
Speaker 4: Set that's a lot of, money.
Speaker 3: It really.
Speaker 4: Is but you know, what.
Speaker 3: You, know these in general across the board were pretty, good strong business results even you, know we say one was good and one was. Bad really they were all good. Reports for the, reaction yeah, Yeah and the projections are where they got hung up because what happens was they were projecting less, revenues are less earnings because of the spending and that kind of. THING i think the market's reaction was mixed because expectation and valuations were extremely. High when you get extremely high, valuations the markets start expecting more out of, you and that doesn't mean just, today it means for the next couple of. Years with these, valuations and when the leadership comes out and says it's not going to be so great going. Forward we're spending a lot of money and it's not producing as. Much so half of the reports were that way and the other half, words it's looking really. Good we're starting to see revenues from all the money we're porn INTO. Ai, so you, KNOW i think really what the markets are, saying what investors are, saying is show me.
Speaker 4: Where the revenue.
Speaker 3: Is. Now we've ran up your, stock we've bought, it we've wrote, it and now we want to see that your decision making is as strong as you said it was going to. Be so show me the. Money, well the money isn't there. Yet it's still a little bit early for. That we're just seeing the beginning of the. Revenue but still it is a good. INDICATOR i think across the board we should see some pullbacks just for the valuation, situation but we also should expect to see a lot of revenues and hold hold these companies if we were going to hold, them but we won't because they're not. Clean but the peripheral, companies all those satellites in THE ai, business we need we can hold them to the fire as well and make sure that the management really is investing FOR roi and not just for ego and to be part of a.
Speaker 4: Party we have to do. That we have to hold them accountable.
Speaker 3: Also AND i think the markets are doing that all the. MEMORY i, think, yeah that's all peripheral, everything, memory, chips, electronics anything to do with THE ai, built including.
Speaker 4: Roofing you, know, materials.
Speaker 3: Everything so we need to hold them accountable because they all ran On hey look at we're part of THIS ai. Infrastructure, okay showed me the. Money now it's time to start. Producing it's time for revenues to start coming.
Speaker 2: In speaking of, Production, mark we did get On thursday gross domestic, production THE gdp, NUMBER sam give us.
Speaker 1: That what were we looking at?
Speaker 3: There we sure did.
Speaker 5: So The bureau Of Economic analysis released an advance estimate of second QUARTER. Gdp so does that even really mean anything if it's just an advanced? Estimate but still we'll talk about, it showing THE us economy grew at an annual rate of one point five percent From april Through, june so the second.
Speaker 1: Quarter in the.
Speaker 5: First quarter of twenty twenty, six for, comparison the economy grew about two point one. Percent, combined the economy grew about one point eight percent during the first half of twenty twenty. Six, NOW cnbc reports that in twenty twenty, five the economy overall grew about a two point one percent for the. Year, now, mark from my naive, PERSPECTIVE i thought that they were, saying, okay so we're basically on track to meet that number this year as. Well but you're saying they're trying to play some shenanigans with this. Number tell me about. That are you putting words in my? Mouth that's the last TIME i talked to you about this before the. Show, Actually, sam you're absolutely.
Speaker 3: RIGHT i really there's a couple of things that kind of bother, me irritate.
Speaker 4: ME i don't know what's the right. Word just make me want.
Speaker 1: To beat me by one. Second.
Speaker 3: YEAH i do not consider advanced estimates especially, trustworthy you, Know so why are we even playing with?
Speaker 4: That we don't.
Speaker 3: Know we, know even when we get the solid, number when the quarter's in and they and they give us a, number they revise at thirty and sixty days. Later so even once we have the real data coming, in it's revised estimate is going to.
Speaker 1: Be it's done In.
Speaker 3: DECEMBER i get the true number in the, end well for the, Year, yeah but, no you don't get that Until february Or march when they revise it. Twice you. Know, yeah it's going to go on. Forever SO i don't put a lot of weight into, this first of. All and, secondly it's exactly like you, said they're comparing, things but somehow they managed to manipulate it enough to sound, like, oh we're not growing as fast as we were last year now by putting those numbers. Together but they're comparing a half year against the full. Year even even if you wanted to do, that it doesn't make. SENSE i did a comparison of last year's first quarter with this year's first.
Speaker 4: Quarter guess, what we're.
Speaker 3: Up we're up point two percent over last year's first, quarter our first half of the. Year so when you compare apples with, apples or six months with six, months we're doing better than we. Were so effectively the trend is, up not, down and effectively things are doing.
Speaker 4: Better. Now did we have.
Speaker 3: A worse quarter than the prior, Quarter, yeah that, happens just like you know, what you have a worse day than the prior day in the. Market nobody comes out and, says, hey the markets did not rise as fast as they did. Yesterday therefore we're going into a great depression in the. Markets but they'll do that with economic data to to try and seed this content and make people anxious and make them feel, like, oh something's.
Speaker 4: Wrong but they do it in such a.
Speaker 3: Way that it's not, obvious and it only in the back of your mind you, say, oh the numbers are smaller. Now the other day he, SAID i don't care about single data.
Speaker 4: POINTS i just don't.
Speaker 3: Care six ten three six three eleven ten six three six three. SIX i don't know you guys know the, number.
Speaker 2: Folks it is great to be here with you this, morning the number six ten three six three eleven ten six ten three six three eleven Ten Focus.
Speaker 1: Friday happy to have you.
Speaker 2: All you, Know, mark speaking of being, HAPPY i am delighted to tell our listeners you know what, now it's just so.
Speaker 1: Delightful. Mark you got to be the one to break the.
Speaker 4: News oh, no, no. No this has been a group.
Speaker 3: Thing and the group includes all our, partners all our, listeners all our all our. Watchers it's the financial issues family came together and did what Suff.
Speaker 1: Yeah we. Did we did an amazing, thing.
Speaker 2: Folks so our goal For Crossroads Kids club the last two weeks was to raise twenty five thousand. Dollars as of yesterday, afternoon we have raised forty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: And, change where's the?
Speaker 3: Applause it's, amazing it's amazing, stuff so.
Speaker 1: Cool we're still expecting, mail.
Speaker 2: Folks so what this means is, that you, know our goal was sponsoring one hundred and twenty five. Kids with this match that This crossroads donor, has we're actually going to be reaching one hundred and seventy six kids as of yesterday afternoon's probably going to be. More we got a chance to sponsor two hundred. Kids, Mark this is just. AMAZING i, mean Praise god and well done to The financial issues. Audience as, Expected, mark we had a huge financial issues audience behavior in the eleven. Hour, yeah blow it out of the.
Speaker 1: Water, awesome just, amazing just, amazingly so so.
Speaker 3: COOL i am very proud of our. Listeners i'm also my heart is warmed that the importance of the gospel is in all the hearts of those people who are part of Our Financial issues, family and they all. Participate all those who, participated thank you so. Much the gospel is getting. Out there are new children this year that are going to learn about the love Of, christ learn about, grace learn about, eternity and learn about how to live here as a steward because of your your, charity uh with by stewarting those Things god has entrusted. You thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much, absolutely And, mark of, course keep in Mind crossroads trying to launch thirty new clubs nationwide for this coming school.
Speaker 1: Year this is going to help a.
Speaker 2: Lot it was gonna help a whole lot Absol Praise, god, folks we'll probably in, fact maybe you guys could do this next. Week maybe maybe get a final number On, monday because we'll probably have more of those final numbers in if you haven't got a chance to, donate. Folks by the, way the the campaign is still on through the end of the through the end of, Today so if you want to make a, donation reach our schools dot com be a great thing to.
Speaker 6: Do.
Speaker 2: Well mark the markets, yesterday speaking of, happiness the markets were also, happy but for a much less important.
Speaker 1: Reason they were soaring.
Speaker 2: Yesterday The Dow jones and THE s AND p both up well over a, percent same with The russell two. Thousand the tech Heavy nasdaq. Finished AM i reading this?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Sam two and three quarter percentage? Points, yeah you're reading it. Right that's, incredible reading it, right.
Speaker 2: Incredible so and Sand, disc my golly Sand, disc one of the one of those tech. HOLDINGS i saw it was up near twenty five percent. Yesterday so, yeah that, happens doesn't. It it's the roller coaster we set, it. Folks at the beginning of the, summer no one listened to, Us, mark but yet here we are the roller. Coaster we've seen it up down on.
Speaker 3: Well hopefully all our partners listen to us, well just like we talked about diversifying all for the first half of this, year we kept saying valuations are. High we need to keep diversification clear and, concise not let any one stock or anyone sector get so big that when it does pull, back it hurts your portfolio. Lot hopefully all our partners listen to us with that. Too you know who knows where it. Goes BUT i do know that we have an administration in there who are pulling the right, levers doing the right, things and a lot of them are being done behind the scenes that we can't. See but they're setting foundations for doing some things like draining more of the. Swamp the MORE i dig into, it the More i'm seeing where they're uncovering fraud and waste and they're actually pulled on it back and or stopping the money from going out like they did with The Social security payments to the, dead like they Did california for the For medicare, reimbursements and other states that will not give them the information they need to make sure the money's going in the right. PLACES i think this administration is doing all its can and a little bit. More that's why there's all these. Lawsuits everything they try to, do it doesn't matter if it's, right wrong or. Indifference they're being sued for. It and this is just. Evil it's it's a, ACTUALLY i believe it's A islamic socialistic.
Speaker 5: Takeover lunchinesss there you, go you.
Speaker 2: GO i never thought that unholy union whatever, Happened Green Red. Alliance those two worldviews seem so. Separate but one thing they're united. Under i've said they are united under their hatred Of. Christianity that's one thing that they can agree.
Speaker 3: On you, know when you when you look at, well let's not get that day we've been on. Pop we have something to. Celebrate the gospel is going out again and that's a good.
Speaker 2: Thing it's, awesome, man it's. Awesome six ten three six three eleven. Ten, folks why don't you join the conversation? There we would love to have you.
Speaker 1: Here. Mark here's a good question From. Kelly.
Speaker 2: So kelly's a partner and she was, SAYING i recently renewed my. PARTNERSHIP i haven't been able to find THE tsp allocation. Models models that were once, there do you guys have plans on adding those?
Speaker 1: Again at some?
Speaker 2: Point, mark MAYBE i can give a little bit of context to. This so back in the old days OF, fism we used to have a third category of asset allocation. Models it was A, tsp a thrift savings plan because you, know we had many people who were government employees and the. Military but obviously we did get rid of. Those that was several years. Ago So, Mark i'll let you speak to, this you, know as the one in you know, charge what what do you think do we have plans on adding these again or will that not?
Speaker 3: Happen, well it's it's an excellent question because it brings up some some. Points two POINTS i want to really discuss is, one it did we before my? Time they stopped doing that for a, reason and that's because there wasn't anything.
Speaker 4: There to invest in that was, clean biblically.
Speaker 3: Responsible so that's really important and a lot of people don't understand, that but it is really. Important how can we give guidance on how to invest if there's nothing to invest. In that would be the first part of, it so we have to be very careful about. That but the second part of it is really. Important there is a there is a government. Bond you, know the g fund is? There, okay you could just go into, that and why would we even suggest. That, well here's the bottom. Line they. Are you get one percent if you're in a thrift. Plan the government provides one percent.
Speaker 4: Even if you don't.
Speaker 3: Contribute then they match the first three percent that you put, in so that's one hundred percent. Match so, effectively on that three percent that you put, in you're making one hundred percent return the first. Year that's a good deal even if it's so it'll be even hopefully more than that if it's in the government, fund because you'll earn a drip or a drop of interest from the government on. It but then, again the next two percent you put, in you're you're getting a fifty percent. Match so if you look at their contribution and their, matching if you put in five, percent you're getting a five percent total from the government as. Well so why wouldn't you do that and get one hundred percent return on the money you're putting, in even if it has to sit in a government bond fund for years and then as soon as you can roll it over to something that you can make some real money At so one way to get the, match or one way to start planning for, retirement is to go ahead and do it up to the. Match but no more because there's nowhere to go with it that you can. Use every other fund is, filthy they're they're. Indexes, now there are some there are some thrift plans that allow a window to mutual, funds but that's limited, too and the funds that you can use are. Limited so it's very hard to even come up with a. Portfolio so here's the here's the simple answer to. This we Don't we don't give portfolios FOR tsp because there's nothing to invest. In but THE g, fund your portfolio is THE g, Fund i'd, Say AND i would only go in up to the. Match otherwise you're gonna you you'll be putting money into a slow money.
Speaker 4: Fund because it's all government.
Speaker 3: Bonds it's, all you, know a combination of notes and treasury bonds that won't pay you a whole, lot around three percent on. Average SO i would use the rest of the money in a different, way such as just opening up an individual investment account and non qualified and usting in.
Speaker 1: There So, mark would you, say the reason we don't have one. Anymore is kind of.
Speaker 2: Twofold one is FOR bri reasons and the other is just that it seems like maybe there's better growth potential doing it in a self directed. Way like you just mentioned my correct in, that well.
Speaker 3: It's A bri. Issue, Yeah i'm not saying the index funds are terrible in. There WHAT i am saying is they're, dirty so we can't invest in. Them it's one of those. Things when you look at my little sheet THAT i put together for a quick, analysis it's very. Clear the first gate you got to pass is is THIS bri compliant is in alignment With god's, concepts, tenants, ideas guidelines for being a steward utilizing his, resources which is everything that he's entrusted to you for his purposes to his.
Speaker 4: Glory if it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't then it's off the, table bottom, Line there's no going forward with. It there's no need to look at. It and it doesn't matter if it's, outperforming if their INDEX oup, reforms THE s AND p five hundred inducks are, not it just doesn't matter because we're not going to Invest god's money in a way that Offends. God that's what being an Investment steward is all. About so that's that's where it's really. At the only reason that we can invest in it is because it seems like we're willing to, Say, okay well we can use the government bonds because, effectively you, know lending money to the government isn't directly putting money into, abortion even though they're the biggest abortion funder in the.
Speaker 2: World But, mark CAN i introduce our listeners to our dear friend the Bond, connection which is a chapter in your, Book The Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Awakening talks a lot about, that doesn't.
Speaker 4: It it.
Speaker 3: Does it absolutely, does because the same thing's true about lending money as. Ownership in, ownership you're participating in the. Sin when you lend, money you're financing. It what there's not a lot of difference. There god doesn't want us to be financing the. Enemy that would be. FOOLISH i, mean if you were financing a war that was trying to destroy your, home kind of like those liberals who are backing and Financing islam and communism that is destroying the country that allows them to have the free speech and pursue their sexual immorality or whatever they're.
Speaker 5: Doing it's, foolishness or the fact that we still do extensive trade With china despite the fact they unleashed a global pandemic.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, oh, well can we Just, goh it's.
Speaker 4: Fine so that's that's why we do not.
Speaker 3: Utilize that's why we don't put a portfolio together because it'd be one big circle and it's a g fund on it and it wouldn't change and it won't. Change this is Where i'd really like to go with. It with The trump, accounts we put a petition. Together now we need to lump IN tsp accounts and other accounts like the new individual retirement, accounts the adult retirement accounts That trump's putting together where it's where the government's going to put some matching into. It none of these have the ability for the faithful to invest in. Them we need to get this to The White. House, everybody, right The White house help the faithful to be able to participate In trump's great ideas by allowing us to have a biblically responsible. Option very, easy very. Simple, hey if you haven't called in, yet please. Do the number here is six' ten three six three eleven to two Ken ken we see you're on. The line we're going to get to you along with. Anybody else and remember this is, Also overtime so go wake, the neighbors let. Them know.
Speaker 1: Wonderful to, have.
Speaker 2: You folks hopefully you've already woken, the Neighbors as mark said in the, last segment and told them to join us for the rest of the show and then for overtime. As well six' ten three six three eleven tens and number to call in and the place to go for Overtime is financial issu's dot. Org slash watch hopefully all of you, are already there, but If not financially she's dot. Org slash watch at the end, of, the hour guys the markets are continuing their upward. Trajectory from yesterday The tech heavy nasdak is loving life up over, a Full percent dal jones and THE s and p up.
Speaker 1: Nicely. As Well mark unfortunately oil.
Speaker 2: Seems to be. Up as well but can't, win them all right unless you're. Invested, in oil.
Speaker 1: Hey that's true, how good, point good point Very thank you. Mark for, THAT.
Speaker 3: You KNOW i wish i wish all the people listening on radio OR listen watching tv could be on our site and be part of the chat because there is some funny stuff going on, in chat today.
Speaker 4: Some great comments brian has got.
Speaker 3: Me in stitches it's hard to pay attention to me being on the show right now because some of. The, funny stuff yeah you're missing out if you're not on Our Side the Financial.
Speaker 4: Issues dot org you participate.
Speaker 3: With, everybody anyway yeah let's back.
Speaker 4: To, the show yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's, Do it mark why, Don't? We Go ken mark kim's calling from The. STATE of arkansas i believe.
Speaker 3: Let's, Do, That hey Ken Welcome. To financial issues glad you. Joined, us today Hey, Brothers IN chritis.
Speaker 6: Hey i, Called, you know god things. Are just everywhere you sent, Me this Book Awakening, on WALL street and. I just happened i Think. IT was wednesday i was around page seventy three reading about bonds, and pretty, cool Pretty timely because i've spent the last sixty days or so settling off a lot of a lot of really highly valued Tech stocks that. I've loved FOREVER and as i was going around, and you know talk to my brother about what really qualifies is, as fixed income, because you know it's you could have preferreds and bonds and, other things, that you know depend upon what they're Doing, Can, BE.
Speaker 2: Hey ken i think we, Lost, you there brother want to try, one more time tell us tell us what you were saying about. The bonds again we might have to Go back. To, Ken Here, guys hey ken why don't you hang on. JUST a moment i think our phone connection is uh just a little bit, Dicey right now so we're gonna put.
Speaker 1: You on hold we're gonna try to get. You, back on, brother All? RIGHT what mark i was? Really interested IN what can i?
Speaker 4: To?
Speaker 3: Say there, yeah me too because one of the things that popped into my mind is IS our? New, P six Yeah that's what. I'm Talking, about.
Speaker 1: Tell o tell our listeners what IS the? New p SIX the new P SIX IS B I P.
Speaker 3: I b b because everybody's got questioned by why are we why are we calling it a Fixed income When fidelity or schwab has it listed as a preferred and blah blah. Blah blah, blah you know it's funny because it is a very. Hybrid, uh security uh, but in reality it is a. Fixed income product it. Is not ownership. It IS debt so i decided as since a definition, says it's debt which means it's. Not a stock therefore it can't be a preferred because a preferred is. A preferred stock it's a type of ownership which is a hybrid of. The common stock.
Speaker 4: But this is a.
Speaker 3: Hybrid of debt so the, reason it's uh the reason IT'S our new p six is because when there was all sorts OF questions, about p six it just NonStop came and now there's all sorts of questions about biby are bepy or beepe if you want to be, Real about it but it's more fun to, say bet BY and so. I don't, Know you KNOW here's where i think people should really focus is to.
Speaker 4: Think about this it really.
Speaker 3: Does have some of the risks or some of the strength, of a bond and it is over ownership when it comes to the capital stack of something like.
Speaker 4: A bankruptcy or, something.
Speaker 3: Like that but it, is not ownership so it doesn't have the same. Risk as ownership but because this trade is, like a stock it has some.
Speaker 4: Of the risks so.
Speaker 3: It's a mess the bottom line is that's the way the stock, market industry is or are these things called hybrids which. PEOPLE put together i think they do it purposely, to CONFUSE everybody but. I don't know but this one at least pays real well. And it's perpetual even though it's subordinated below the other bonds that might, be issued. There it does it has a mix of the different. Types of risk it doesn't carry the, same ownership risk it has more OF the the, uh lending risks and so you have to you have to. Just. JUGGLE lists now i know on the platforms they're calling it a preferred and they do that because the platforms can't cover every different type of hybrid and have special, coverage on that they have to, put it somewhere and because it has some of, the preferred characteristics they. Put it there, but by, definition it's debt and debt. Is not ownership, debt is income and that's that's why we're putting it. As fixed income now you can put it. Anywhere you want you can put it in, as fixed income you can put it, in as preferred any way you want. TO do it I just hope i'm not ruining the fund WE'RE HAVING WITH B, e p i and by by explaining it over are hopefully clearly right right now TO you because i don't.
Speaker 4: MIND the questions i think it's.
Speaker 3: A good thing i think it's great learning moments to realize Not Everything on wall street.
Speaker 4: Is very, clear in fact most things aren't. Clear at all that's why.
Speaker 3: You need analysts that's why you need to spend a lot of time finding out where all the real data numbers are. And applying them and how do you tell potential is real? Or not real or what does it all? Look at like and what kind of data points can you use to substantially. Nothing's really clear that's why you have to spend a lot of, time and analysis and that's why we do it for you so you don't.
Speaker 4: Have, to anyway well so MUCH. For b epi, that's good market which wasn't the.
Speaker 3: Question, TO begin.
Speaker 2: YES i mean i love when we have situations, like this because, like you said it gives. Partners the chance we're going to list it, a certain way but if, you're a partner maybe maybe by listing it a different way you might be able to help your allocation. A little bit i see that As. A, win mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's no it's not that big of a deal because, being a hybrid it's not it won't really fit in as a preferred but it doesn't really fit in as, A bond either so put it. Where, you, want yeah whatever whatever, makes you smile whatever helps you. Sleep, at night yeah let's let's go ahead and check back, on and kids see if we got a, Better, line here ken are you?
Speaker 4: Still with us, I'm, Still.
Speaker 1: No, sorry ken yeah we're. Still.
Speaker 2: Hearing you ken i'll, tell, you what brother why don't you. Try calling back we're, gonna we'll we'll we'll disconnect and then.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: Can reconnect brother we want to make sure we can. Hear, Your question well i'm sure it's. A good one so why don't you just give us? A ring back or why Don't you let dar talk to him?
Speaker 3: For?
Speaker 4: A minute, Perfect, perfectly okay.
Speaker 2: Mark here's The follow up, In our Chat jack from georgia IS ASKING B. E p i it's just as too many. Unknowns for me will IT issue a k? ONE or not i don't want? Any k ones and then will it chunk of the dividend be taken as foreign? Taxes as well any clarity You can, Offer jack there mark is foreign?
Speaker 3: Tax? Is? HUH interesting no k one is my? Understanding? On it again this, is a hybrid and REMEMBER that the irs can change how they see this type. Of product anytime but at this, Point in time i'm not seeing any k one on it or even foreign taxes, At THIS point so i think we're gonna have to leave it there right now and see. Where it goes, But you know jackie bring up something very, very intelligent HERE and that's i generally don't get INTO things that. I don't understand i didn't have a real hard time understanding this, Because you know i'm used to the vagarities of different hybrid things from thirty five forty years of, being you Know Working.
Speaker 4: With wall street it's just a, Mess in general so you get used to these.
Speaker 3: Kind of things but if you, DON'T understand it i think that should be one if there's a RULE of thumb i could wrap, my mind around it would be if you, don't understand it you probably should stay. Away from it if you're uncomfortable, not understanding it especially stay.
Speaker 4: Away from it.
Speaker 3: So you KNOW it's b epi is on. Our buy list we're looking at it. As an income you don't buy, it for growth you buy it. For the income, at this point we're talking about around seven percent give or take a half a percent, anyet given day so or more with the tax benefits for, hire income people which is a, whole Nother story and i'm not going to, go into that but.
Speaker 4: That's, the thing is.
Speaker 3: If you, don't understand it if you can't sleep at night knowing you're making seven percent and not worrying about what's happening with the, price of it or if they're really ever gonna call it or never, gonna call it realize that we're not investing for, growth in it but we're investing, for the revenue. The income revenue then, if you're uncomfortable stay.
Speaker 4: Away from it.
Speaker 2: Great, rule of thumb, MARK you know. I love, that i mean that's just as common sense. Investing to, me you know if you're uncomfortable with someone you, Don't, understand something listen there's no harm in staying away. From an investment there are other investments.
Speaker 3: Out there exactly that's why we don't put together a single portfolio like a lot of newsletters do or advisory services do and puts everybody In the same we. Don't do that what we do, is we say here's your asset allocation that we believe would be good for this type of person, person or personality investment personality and or. Goal and objectives and here are different securities you could. Fulfill that with.
Speaker 4: How you do that is.
Speaker 3: Up to you you might lean a little more conservative or a little more aggressive with the things you, peak you pick but we give you the opportunity to customize it to the uniqueness of Your life that god, created in you so you could walk those Great works that he.
Speaker 4: Laid before the foundation. So the earth that's.
Speaker 3: A wonderful thing and we hope that, you'll do that and of course we'll give you guidance when. You want it as you have to do. Is call in that's what we're. All about again the number here six' ten three. Six three eleven ten we love Hearing. FROM me and ken i do hope you call back because you had. A very interesting question i would really love us to be able.
Speaker 4: To get to that we'll see. In just a moment.
Speaker 7: The opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent the opinions of the station or any. Of, the program sponsors additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may not be Known by the program what a.
Speaker 1: Blessing to be.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: With, you today folks hey our show today brought you in part By Our. Friends at samaritan ministries Check them out SamArt ministries dot org for. Truly biblical health, sharing, speaking, OF health actually guys i think a word is telling me that we're Going To be getting twila brays On.
Speaker 1: The program on monday, looking forward to that making.
Speaker 2: A little bit of sense of the what, would you Call It just, the anthony fauci.
Speaker 1: Nonsense the goofiness cziness.
Speaker 4: That's a happy thought.
Speaker 3: To have her on you know what a sad thought is we only have like nine minutes. Left to the show but another happy thought is that.
Speaker 4: We have over.
Speaker 5: Time it's great stuff it's gonna slap you upside the head what you're talking, about.
Speaker 2: Forty minutes exactly folks just just make sure That You get to financial issues. Dot org slash watch you can also find it on the app or our. Social streams as well best place though we get the Light Chat as well Financial.
Speaker 1: Issues. Daughter slash watch guys i'm gonna miss.
Speaker 2: You guys next week, i'm GOING on vacation so i just wanted TO make sure that i got that. IN there as well i know you guys will keep, the Show running well but i'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna miss you.
Speaker 2: Guys NEXT is unacceptable only, I can, Go On that's right only Sam's allowed to. And mark, Heaven forbid never, Right I'm, JOKING obviously so.
Speaker 3: Gene i just take the camera with me and OUR broadcast from where I, would think with mark he enjoys the show so much that every.
Speaker 4: Day is.
Speaker 3: A vacation, it, is it is, Absolutely that's exactly right bean on the show.
Speaker 4: Is such, a blessing that's.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 3: It, REALLY is actually yeah i know we're.
Speaker 2: We're speaking tongue in chee, about the vacation thing but that, Is, A genuine blessing mark it's always it's. IT'S an interesting thing i always feel A bittersweet feeling when i go on VACATION leave it because i. JUST love this place i love getting to, Work with You guys so obviously i'm. Looking forward, to it but anyway, Back To the Questions mark gane from Louisiana's. Asking question for mark with SLOWER growth, in the, us economy sticky inflation what would be the best investment type slash?
Speaker 1: Mix for, Our, portfolios.
Speaker 4: I'm confused seth what slower growth? And? WHAT sticky, inflation.
Speaker 1: Apoth i mean YOU must be.
Speaker 3: WATCHING msnbc or something i don't. Know what's going on look. At the real numbers. This economy is. Strong it's THE resilient we're seeing, ddp growth every quarter not negative like we saw so many times. In the prior administration, as far as inflation we're still around what average it has been for. The last ten, YEARS and and yeah i know That the prior administration's federal chair really wanted to say, that it's sticky inflation but the reality. Is it's coming down we're not only, seeing inflation coming down but. We're seeing some deflation i'm gonna say. This one more time look at these numbers that has. Been going on here let me let, me share THIS first looking at gdp growth for every month since, the, beginning of well listen how many? How many quarters here real? Growth year over year there's only one month that has been Negative for the art i'm sorry, Now it's two there it's only been two months.
Speaker 4: That it's been negative how is.
Speaker 3: That a negative economy we have a strong, economy or resilient economy and as such we invest not because of what. The economy is doing but because the economy and the market. Aren't, the same thing yes they the economy, can affect the market and the market, can affect.
Speaker 4: The economy but they're.
Speaker 3: Not the same thing i've seen market skyrocket, during Terrible economic times and i've seen an economy grow strong and the stock market.
Speaker 4: Not do so well so they're. Not the same thing we.
Speaker 3: Got to separate those, realize that are influences but they're.
Speaker 4: Not, the same thing well.
Speaker 3: So where would you? Be, in your portfolio well where we were last year and in so many years except for those times where we see absolute evidence of a downturn in the market that looks like we may be entering a bear mark, or a serious bullback and then as we're doing is preparing to get. Back in The market so what i'm saying is we go we, stay with financial steal. We stay with understanding once we do the bri we go into looking at the. Strength of the business do they have? The financial issues, steal is there balance? Heating income statement strong do they have assets over that are well above their debt? And and, their liabilities you know are they do they have? That financial issue stell then do they have. The, potential as well uh that's the valuation are we looking at It's, valued at this, uh that's you know way too high for what. It's earning right now but if we look at the orders that are already in the shoot and the projections, where the other orders does? This valuation make sense, and if it does that's. Something to invest in so we don't abandon the foundations how we invest Because of, the ect to me blinks or moves one direction or another in a month or a year are our quarter. Because those aren't trends what the media is trying to do is to, still unsatisfaction in everybody to make everybody question this administration because they are shining the, light on the swamp the revealing that ugliness that is in, this world right now trying. To destroy our nation but our economy is, solid at this point, even with the war even with one hundreds of thousands of left wing lawyers filing useless cases to slow down the progress that. This administration is making it's just. Amazing to think about can you imagine where this economy would be if, we could stop that if we had people who loved this nation enough not to not to file worthless suits just to clog up the systems and to stop them. Stop FROM progress happening so i guess my, ANSWER to you is i don't see it the. WAY you see it i see numbers that, are encouraging to me and we should continue to, invest like a steward, not like a gambler not.
Speaker 4: Like a day trader.
Speaker 3: But we invest, for the long term, looking for financial, issues steal and potential and we invest until we're proven wrong where the steel breaks down or. The potential breaks.
Speaker 1: Down mark here's A good Question.
Speaker 2: From justin, in texas he's saying if a, bear market does come would it be better to?
Speaker 1: Be in, income stocks interesting.
Speaker 3: Question absolutely interesting question in, two thousand and eight, what we, saw was you, know, you talk about well it'd be better to be in income stocks because they don't have the same volatility that ownership, does instead, of stocks you know it'd be better to be in prefergs.
Speaker 4: And, stuff like that yeah.
Speaker 3: It's kind of true they don't. Move as. Much much preferreds don't but the last two major pullbacks or crashes or bear markets that happened the initial the initial pullback on those are crashes that happen in those everything went down. Something's not, as much but yeah like, like preferreds, or bonds you're, Right or, fixed income so yeah you could be you could be in. A. MORE defensive posture uh i am. Not predicting a crash i'm not. Predicting A major pullback as i'm saying is that, with valuation so high we, have, to be awake aware conscious of what's going.
Speaker 6: On in the.
Speaker 3: Market, for two reasons one so, we don't get caught uh with being over over invested in certain stocks that are overvalued and and bloated and taken up the.
Speaker 4: Majority of our portfolio.
Speaker 3: That's why, we diversify and second so that we have the cash ready to buy into these great stocks that do have financial deal but are pulled back with the tide going out. Of A major pullback BUT i would not i would not moved in fear to a defensive position if you're if, you're not feeling like really we should. Be in that position remember a lot of people said this was going to be a terrible year, for the stock market don't know if, you guys remember that and we saw a mile two mild, pullbacks because of that and well actually because people were taking profits and hopefully. Doing what, WE said so no i don't think. IT'S a big deal, i think that yeah if you, could tie the market you knew when the markets were going to pull down. Ten twenty five percent being in bonds are being in prefers. Would make more sense being in the money market would. Make EVEN more sense but i don't believe you. CAN time that market i believe what happens is you get out fairly quickly after it's already started and. You've LOST a lot and i don't know anybody who consistently is able to te in.
Speaker 4: The market THAT precisely uh do i.
Speaker 3: Believe in paying attention. To, All the indicators absolutely and if you can't sleep a night because of, where the markets are then maybe you should be leaning more to. A more Defensive portfolio maybe that's god telling you something for your life. And for your situation you need to be in. A more defensive portfolio but don't do, it out of fear do, it out of logic do, it out. Of wisdom godly wisdom, and with that Said Let's.
Speaker 2: Go to laverne mark why. Don't we do this we're coming to the end of, the main show here So. Not to squeeze laverne why don't, We, Hold you over laverne we'll get your. First, thing in overtime brother.
Speaker 4: That's a great.
Speaker 1: Aunt logic. Of overtime that's right we're. Not ending going away we're not we.
Speaker 4: Are not going away.
Speaker 3: Remember this is overtime and remember what. Overtime is all about it's. About answering your questions and we have a couple more spaces in the Phone queue along with laverne that you could call and get in so that we can just answer. Your question of life we prioritize, them first the calls, second to the emails and.
Speaker 4: Then third, the chat now chat don't.
Speaker 3: Get upset with me we just have to do it that way because the people who emailed have been listening all week to see if we. Get to their. Email so that's fair hopefully you all agree. WITH me on that i know there's.
Speaker 5: Going to be. A, WITTY responsibly agreegrudgingly yeah i know there's going to be a funny chat on that in.
Speaker 4: Just a second here but that's.
Speaker 3: The way it, IS and you know i really want everybody. TO take a moment i know where we got to go away, for a, moment here but uh one of the themes of the show seems to be. Don't buy the news. Look up the numbers the data points say something different than the way the. News is framing them they're framing them, to, keep you uncomfortable uneasy so that you look for an. Alternative to the truth and it's always been that way and it's always going. To be, that way, be awake, be conscious be real and Continue to love the lord by. Investing with biblical integrity we're going to go away for about, thirty seconds to minute and. We'll be right back god bless you all for Being.
Speaker 4: With us this friday look forward to. Seeing you in overtime
Speaker 3: If we ever forget that We're, one nation under god then we will be