Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Mazy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: Probably back for the final hour of my broadcast year. In the second hour of our twelfth annual Nightside Charity Combine. Delighted to welcome someone who I consider be a hero of mine, young man named Matt Brown. Matt suffered a horrific physical injury playing ice hockey about a little over fifteen years ago. He's only in his early thirties. He runs a foundation to help others who are in his same or similar set of circumstances. Talk about a hero, Matt Brown. Welcome back to Night Side. How are you, buddy, Dan.
Speaker 4: It's great to hear from you. How are things going in your end?
Speaker 3: I'm doing fine. Other than I'm dealing with something real simple like bronchitis, You're dealing with a much more complicated situation. Tell my audience your story. What happened to you in one of your what third varsity ice hockey games?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So next next year, January January twenty third will be my uh well, it will mark fifteen years since my spinal cord injury. During the second period of a hockey game. I was racing for the puck, was going at it within the player on the opposing team. We collided. I ended up losing my footing and went headfirst into the boards. And that's that's kind of where this story began. My high school hockey career ended. But you know this, this new story began, and there's been good days and bad days, but you know, the good day is definitely outweighed the bad things to a great family and great friends.
Speaker 3: Just unbelievable. You now have turned that circumstance for which obviously is it happens occasionally. They're they're You're not the only one. But you've turned it into a positive. Uh. And what does the Matt Brown Foundation do? Who are you trying to help?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You know, I think we were so lucky with the way that Nora would and my friend and the family and the hockey community rallied around my side. You know that as as I looked back, kind of as the years went by, I knew that it was time for me to get back to others. I'd seen individuals in situations just like mine with you know, not that support system. So I wanted to have, you know, our support system, someone the group that I call my village become the village of someone else, and so in June of twenty twenty, smack dab in the middle of a pandemic, we decided to launch the Matt Brown Foundation. And as you can imagine, it was slow at first. We waited fifteen months for our first event with a golf tournament, but as the years have gone by, we've been able to have the golf tournament of Falmouth road Race teams. Most recently we just got into the UH charity program of the Boston Marathon. And so we help individuals suffering from paralysis with help from anything from helping them get antis, have accessful advands, bathroom and home renovations, standing frames and pieces of home equipment for their home, and we just want to make you know their life and whoever they're with, You know, their life a little bit easier than the one before, a little bit their days a little bit easier than the one before.
Speaker 3: Man, how can my listeners tonight help the Matt Ground Foundation give us the website? UH? I think it's pretty simple and directly right ahead.
Speaker 4: Stared right around the beginning of the new year, you know, our our website is still up where we're gonna be launching ah. You know, the new site right around the beginning of the new year, and we're going to have a quarterly newsletter come out there. You'll be able to.
Speaker 3: Know you you you. I didn't hear it's is it simply Matt Brownfoundation dot org.
Speaker 4: Matt Brownfoundation dot org. And we're on Instagram and Facebook. If you touch up with our marathon team, help out with our golf tournament sponsors there and then our Famol throwers in August.
Speaker 3: Perfect, Matt, thank you so much. I'm just a little pressed on time, but you're doing great work, my friend. You are one of my heroes and I appreciate your time tonight, my friend. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, just happy holidays, all right, right back at you.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas. Okay, Rob, where do you want me to go here? Which? Who's Okay, let's talk now to Beverly Dillon, who's the president of the Massachusetts Lions I Research Fund. Beverly, how are you? I think everybody knows what the Lions clubs do, but give us a brief description of that.
Speaker 6: The Lions are a charitable organization. There's clubs all over the world, so it's a worldwide organization that it's a It raises money. One of the biggest thing we do and people don't really ever think about this. Lions Club International Foundation raises money for disaster release and lately that has been necessary all over the world. Their boots on the ground, the first one is there if anyone needs help after a disaster.
Speaker 3: Now, how can folks I guess they can join the Lions Club. But if they want to just support the Lions Club, what's the best website? I mean, I know there are Lions Chapters everywhere. How can we simplify for we have a big audience out there listening tonight. How can we simplify for them?
Speaker 6: Beverly Lions Club's international dot com and it tells you all about the Lions Clubs. If you have any interest in supporting it, they you can contact them through the website if you would like to join the club, they will as if you give them your information, they will contact the club in your area.
Speaker 3: And then that that website again, no matter where you are in the world, it's Lions Club dot org dot org. It's a great organization. Obviously, it deals with folks who are uh you know, who are who are in need and just a wonderful organization. I'm so happy that we're able to get you on tonight. Thank you for being there. And I'm hoping that a lot of people will be thinking about the Lions Clubs. There's they're everywhere, so no matter where you're listening tonight, and you'd like to get associated with your local Lions club Lions Club. Uh again, it's Lions Club International dot org. War Clubs Okay, plural Internet. Thank you, perfect, Thanks so much, Beb. I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: All right, we get back. We have some more very important groups to basically introduce you to here on Nightside. My name's Dan Ray. This is our twelfth annual Nightside charity Combine. Coming back right after this quick break.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World nights Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to welcoming Jennifer Harnish or Harnish, I'm not exactly sure the pronunciation. I apologize. Jennifer, director of Social Services of the Massachusets Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired, tell us about the organization.
Speaker 7: Jennifer, Yeah, thank you, Dan, You've got it right. The Massachusetts Association for the Blind and visually impaired. We provide services and resources for individuals who are new or who have had long term vision loss. We have a really active volunteer program. Volunteers go into the individual's home, read mail, take an individual grocery shopping for example. We provide access technology training, how to use your phone, your computer, take notes. We also have a really strong adjustment counseling program. Our adjustment counselors are all blind or low vision themselves. And we also have over thirty peer support groups across Massachusetts to provide that really important group support so people know they're not alone in their journey and they can share with each other what's working for them and ask per support and peer relationships when they're looking for that. We also have occupational therapists yep.
Speaker 3: Are you a private organization or is it some state funding here as well?
Speaker 7: We're a nonprofit. However, we do receive us some amount of state funding to provide our support groups as well as our occupational therapy work is covered in part by sometimes health insurance.
Speaker 3: Excellent. Excellent, So give me the website and also can people volunteer? Obviously, financial support is always welcome I know, but are there opportunities to volunteer and give us the website?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: So the website would be the acronym so it's MS and Mary ab than blind vi dot org and then slash TWAV which stands for Team with a Vision. We have a Boston Marathon charity athlete's team and they are running to raise funds for the Mass Association for the Blind. And you can also find out more information about our volunteer program and the their services that we provide.
Speaker 3: And obviously you'd love to get some financial support from people.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, we appreciate people's generosity.
Speaker 3: Many of us who have never had to deal with serious eye problems need to probably think about maybe making a little contribution to say thank you, Jennifer. I really enjoyed our conversation. Thank you for what you do.
Speaker 7: I can thank you for having us sontam.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine the people you help and how important your help must be to them.
Speaker 7: You know, we all want to be independent and live a fulfilling life.
Speaker 5: That's airport you bet you?
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks very. I want to welcome our next guest. It's his twenty third birthday today. His name is Debon mayjaq Taban, Happy birthday. How are you?
Speaker 8: And thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, Tibban. You were born in Kenya, I think you told me twenty three years ago today. But you are South Sudanese and you represent a group called the South Sudanese in Richmond for Families. Tell us about the group, obviously, the group I assume is to support South Sudanese people in our in our community. You told me there's a pretty good population about eight thousand people who are South Sudanese here in Greater Boston. Is that true?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, that's true. So the South Sudanese and Richman for Families is a nonprofit organization that services eighty families within the Greater Boston area. And the programs that we have we pay up to four thousand, five hundred dollars for preschool. We send kids to summer camping in New Hampshire. They go, they go up for two weeks. We also help pay for drivers education and we also help with tuition reimbursement.
Speaker 3: Now, you came to this country at a very young age, as I.
Speaker 5: Understand it, correct, Yes, sir, How.
Speaker 3: Tough has it been? Two Basically acclimate yourself coming out of a worn torn country South Sudan and and and find yourself, you know, half a world away.
Speaker 8: I've definitely been tough. I've had my challenges, but you know, I've been very fortunate. When I first arrived in the US, my family and I manded in Bingham to New York before moving to Fargo, North Dakota, and then finally coming here in Massachusetts. And it's definitely been a struggle learning the language, getting adjusted to the American culture, but I want to trade it for anything in the world. And with great organizations like s s c F helping some Sudanese get acclimated to life in the US, it's it's just been a very smooth process. And I've been very blessed and grateful.
Speaker 3: And and you've gone to school and you're you're on the way to a successful life here, and we're very happy to have you. We consider your presence and your family's presence a gift to all of us, so welcome. You don't need my welcome, but I want you to know that I'm sure that my audience if they want to help you and fellow South Sudanese members. There's a website and it's it's s s e F for South Sudanese Enrichment for Families simply s s e F Boston dot org. Is that the correct.
Speaker 8: Website, Yes, sir, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Deban, and again, happy birthday. It's not often I have no idea how I spent my twenty third birthday, but I hope you'll always remember being on night side advocating for the South Sudanese community. Thanks so much. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you so much for the opportunity at the holiday.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome. What what do you celebrate? You celebrate Christmas or what's your holiday?
Speaker 8: I do celebrate Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I'm going to wish you merry Christmas because I celebrate Christmas as well, and I like to I like to wish people merry Christmas if they happen to celebrate that holiday on the birthday, honeka oronzo, whatever they celebrate, as far as I'm concerned, Thanks about it, and again, happy birthday.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Take care of yourself, you.
Speaker 3: Too, You too welcome. All right, Next up, we have group which is in the title. I think you can figure it out. Food not bombs with me is Jay Haycock. Hey, Jay, welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 5: How are you hey, I'm doing great, Dan, thanks for having me on tonight.
Speaker 3: Well tell us about food, not bombs. I think I get the drift, but let us know what you do here, as I just did your local chapter of a national organization.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right, we're actually a worldwide organization. Food and Bottles started. Yeah, we were starting California about I want to say, thirty five years ago. We have over a thousand chapters in different cities around the world, and I represent the chapter here in Wallfam. We just celebrated our fifth year anniversary. And what we do is we get donated food from various sources, local supermarkets, restaurants, bakeries, cafes, and just you know, local people in the community who donate food, typically vegan and you know, some baked goods as well, and we usually stick to vegan for you know, dietary restrictions. Certain people may have religious restrictions for what they're eating, but pretty much everybody can eat fruit and veggies. So that's what we kind of on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And so how we do.
Speaker 5: Is we Oh, go ahead, I'm sorry, Dan.
Speaker 3: No, say how can folks not take advantage? But how can they take advantage of the opportunity to uh to benefit from what you do?
Speaker 5: Well? We set up in Waldam Common Park once a week on Sunday afternoons. What we do is we cook the food. We have a local faith based organization that provides some space for us to cook and then we take it down. We set up in the park and whoever wants to come can have a meal. We also have you know, things like toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, feminine pads. We've had sentinel test kits had. We had a gentleman come up and tell us the other week that, you know, having one of these kids actually saved his life. So, you know, we just try to provide whatever we're able to that the people in our community need.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's great. There there's always a need in every community. Wallfam is a great city, but obviously there are folks. Absolutely, So if some of my listeners want to either participate as beneficiaries or they'd like to contribute to support what is the website? I bet it's going to be pretty easy to remember.
Speaker 5: It is going to be easy. The best way to get ahold of us right now would be Food Not Bombswallfam at gmail dot com. That's going to be our general email address. We also have a presence on Instagram and on Facebook under Food Not Bombs Wallfam, and we do have a donation link there. You can also have contact if we're always looking for volunteers. Anyone's welcome. We don't turn people away when they're coming for food, and you know, anyone's welcome to participate. We're trying to build a community here. That's what we're what we're doing, and that's great. Things to be working out pretty well so far.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you for listening to night Side, Thanks for reaching out and participating in our twelfth annual Nightside charity combine and I hope you get a lot of good support from my listeners. Thanks thanks again. Holiday. What is your holiday coming up? You a Christmas guy? Honkah or Kwonzo? What's your holiday?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'll be doing Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 5: All right, have a great.
Speaker 3: Night, okay too, by go take quick break here at the bottom of the hour, we get the news coming up and on the other side, we have five more great charities to introduce you to here on the twelfth annual Nightside Charity Combine. We'll be back on Nightside. Rob Brooks is doing a great job keeping everybody in order tonight. Thanks Rob. We'll keep going right after this.
Speaker 2: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on wz Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you want to listen to any of the interviews we're done during the last two hours, you can always go to Nightside, undemand dot com. Uh and if you're one of the charities who we interviewed, you're able to isolate that and that down and put it on your own website and circulate it. So now let us continue. I'm going to welcome Doug Gregan as with a group called New Brothers Incorporated, which is a fellowship. Tell us about it, Doug, exactly what type of fellowship? Who do you serve, what do you do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Dan, I this is incredible stuff. I'm here tonight, so thank you so much for the opportunity. And these other organizations are fantastic.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're twenty years in prison and aftercare ministries. Right, So, just as a Christian organization, we're looking to see and seeing the power of God Touch, addiction, healing from brokenness, you know, the brokenness of the stuff these guys are dealing with, relationships and family, and then just the purpose of God and the purpose in life. So this is our goal, is to see the power of God move in all of these areas. We've been doing this for twenty years. You've got three basic elements of ministry, right. The first is to the incarcerated. I serve as a local chaplain in the Middlesex County. We've got Whole Mail, which is a national mailing ministry. We're sending encouragement, inspiration and instruction to people around the country. And then we just started a mentoring ministry called Titus two pen Pals. Locally, We've got Aftercare, which is the real tough thing, as you know, supporting people coming out of incarceration. Right. So the key to that for us is connection to a local body and then fellowship, staying in relationship with these guys and their families, the relationships that are important to them. And our third piece, which is actually a big deal, and this is where volunteering comes into play, is engaging the church, the local church in prison and after care ministry. Right, making opportunity for them to touch the incarcerated and post incarcerated. So it's an incredible opportunity.
Speaker 3: How'd you get into this, Doug? Did we you just call to service?
Speaker 10: Well, I'll tell you real quick. I was riffed from Verizon in Middleton, right, Verizon Yellow Pages. I was riffed in two thousand and three. I went into a jail. I'm a musician to play jazz Christian music. And the night that I went into the local Lawrence County facility, God called me in the prison ministry. So yeah, it was definitely a major detour from where I thought I was going.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you, I said to a couple of folks early tonight, the doing God's work. You are absolutely doing God's work. How can folks who either want to support you financially or who might I get involved with New Brothers in corporate and give us the best way to get in touch with you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, the simple, the simple way is through that web access. It's New Brothers dot Org. New Brothers with an s dot org. You know anything you need there more obviously, more information about the ministry and then involvement engagement. So yeah, that would be fantastic.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm so proud that you took the time tonight to spend some time with us, and that you obviously hurt us on night side. Big supporters of what you do. People who do go into prison, particularly those who go in pay their price, their debt to society, they should be given an opportunity, and they just kn't put them out on the street and say here's fifty bucks, good luck with the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They need people like you and your organization to guide them. They didn't have mentors, and that's probably why they got into prison in the first place. I'm a huge believer in that, and I just want to say thank you for what you do, Doug. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much. So many people impacted by incarceration.
Speaker 5: It's a great opportunity.
Speaker 10: Hey, God bless you. Merry Christmas, and thanks again for the opportunity.
Speaker 5: It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: You bet you look forward to talking with you again when I want to talk about a very simple idea that mushroomed into a very big idea. Andrew and Ava and friends Charity Lemonade stand. Andrew and Ava are at this point probably well asleep, but the Dad. John Russell from Pelham, New Hampshire joins us. John, Welcome to night side.
Speaker 10: How are you, hey, Dan, how are you? Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Oh, my pleasure. Your children, Andrew and Ava are now how old?
Speaker 11: Andrew turned ten in November and Ava will be six in January.
Speaker 3: And they've been doing this lemonade stand now for how long?
Speaker 11: So the kids have been operating their lemonade stand for about four years now. They just finished their fourth lemonade season this path August. And how it came about When my son Andrew was five, he was inspired by a girl in the next town over from us named Julia Degnan and she ran a lemonade stand to raise money to buy toys for six children in the hospital. So our first year was to support jus mission. And that year we raised and donated just shy of three thousand dollars and Julia added that to what she had raised and donated approximately six thousand dollars to Lawrence General Hospital in toys. And since then our own lemonade stand. We didn't have a name at the time, you know, we were just putting up a cute lemonade stand. At the end of the driveway and accepting online donations, and since then we've grown to over forty kids involved who have raised and donated over twenty thousand dollars to local charities.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, just unbelievable. So, if folks want to associate or affiliate with you, folks, is there a geographic limitation or can they associate and affiliate with Andrew and Avis and Friends charity Lemonade Stand from wherever?
Speaker 11: They can associate with us from wherever. At this time, we only have a f Facebook page. It's Facebook dot com slash Andrew and Eva and Friends Lemonade Stand and it's Lemonade Aid. We do try to keep our donations locally because the children get to see.
Speaker 10: Their impact, sure right they Every year we.
Speaker 11: Donate to the Pelm Food Pantry and sixty eight hours of Hunger. The kids do all of the grocery shopping, They do all of the budgeting, all of the loading and unloading of carriages, stocking of shelves when they get to the food pantry, and then the cleanup. And you know, the important thing behind this is is it's a lemonade stand.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 11: The kids are building great relationships and friendships. But more importantly, there's a lesson behind everything that they do, and so it's super important for us. You know, we my wife and I started this. We thought it would be a great way to teach our kids lessons. And here we are four years later, you know, twenty thousand dollars later donated, and we've learned that they're the ones teaching us the lessons.
Speaker 10: It's so it's it's been. It's been a fun ride and really important.
Speaker 3: Well it sure sounds great, and again, give us that website one more time where people can either contribute or participate. And you guys are based in Pelam, New Hampshire, So Massachusetts, New Hampshire border pretty pretty all pretty uh, in the in that same area. Uh, it's a Facebook page, So give it that that website one more time.
Speaker 11: It's Facebook dot com, slash Andrew and Ava and Friends. Lemon Aid stand Lemonade is spelled l E M O n A I D or if they wanted to donate via Venmo, it's at sign a a F lemon dash aid.
Speaker 3: Sounds great. Uh. You should be very proud of your children and you are teaching them well and they're probably going to become economics majors and graduate from Harvard or Dark with business school and go on to great careers. John, thank you very much, appreciate your time. Congratulate your children and I hope that you get a chance to play this for them tomorrow because they'll be very proud of what their dad just did for them.
Speaker 10: Thank you, sir Dan, Thank you so much. Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy new Year.
Speaker 3: Right back at you, Merry Christmas in happy twenty twenty five. Thanks. Now I want to introduce Julie McDonald. Julie is with Juniper Outreach which is a food pantry for Worcester schools. Julie McDonald, Welcome to Night's Side.
Speaker 9: Hi Anne, how are you the other night?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know that. Thank you so much. We're going from a lemonade stand now to a food pantry for Worcester schools. We got a food theme going on here. Tell us how long the food pantry's been around, who does it serve and what help do you need.
Speaker 9: If any Well, we have several of them. So we started this in twenty twenty and we started with one food pantry with the idea that we wanted to make sure that the food that was in the schools was getting into the hands of kids who were going home with nothing at night. So our population is ninety five percent low income, and so a lot of these children are going home at night and they don't have access to any meals or any snacks or anything. And you know, the food that's available to the families is only as good as the families that are around to serve it to them. So a lot of these kids are going home and they're homeless, and they might not have a place where they're sleeping, they might not have a place where they can access the food, they might not have an adult to help them. So we started with one food pantry at a school in the inner city of Worcester, and we now have eight of them. And again the idea is to make sure that the food gets into the hands of the children and not anybody else. So they can go into the school food pantry at the end of the day and you know, grab themselves something for the nights, the weekends, the vacations. You know, they're now off for two weeks of school and some of these children will not have access to food for two weeks. Imagine that, you know, we're all thinking like, oh, what are we having for Christmas dinner? What's going to happen the next day? What are we going to do with all these leftovers? And some of these kids won't have anything. So we now have eight school food pantries. In four we have actually, excuse me, seven, soon to be eight. We have four elementary schools and three high schools where we are serving students and they can go into the school, pack a bag and I'll go into the pantry, pack a bag and bring it home for the nights and the weekends.
Speaker 3: That sounds great. So the best way for people, particularly those in central Massachusetts who would like to help you, but you'll take help from anywhere. Do you need volunteers and supper financially? Okay, if you want to vol.
Speaker 9: You know, get your companies, get your companies involved. It's a great chance to get your organization involved. Come in, stop a pantry, you know, meet the children that are actually coming in and grabbing this food. We have a website. Juniperhealth dot org is our website. You can email us at Juniper Help at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: You make sure that yeah, me, make sure that's Juniper Health, not Juniper.
Speaker 9: Help, right, Juniper Help, Juniper h E l p S.
Speaker 5: Juniper Help dot org.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm glad help and health sometimes sound a little similar, but it's help like it does. Get a good helping of food. Juniper Help dot org.
Speaker 12: That's a good way to say it exactly.
Speaker 5: And I know I I'm a marketer.
Speaker 3: I'm a marketer there.
Speaker 12: Dan, I think I could use you on the backside here, So Juniper Help dot org and uh, Juniper Health at gmail dot com.
Speaker 9: I'd love to have we always new volunteers. We've been an amazing group of volunteers. But again, get your companies involved, you know you employees involved. It's a great way for community outreach. But thank you for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: I really you're very welcome. You're very welcome, Julie, thank you, thank you so much for all you.
Speaker 9: Merry Christmas to you and feel better.
Speaker 3: I will feel better and hopefully be all set by Christmas. And I hope you Merry Christmas to you and to all the folks you help. Thanks Julie. We'll be back for a final segment. We have two groups programs for people Boston Entrepreneurs Network coming up. We'll get them all in. We're right on schedule. Everything's working almost perfectly, almost too perfectly, but that's okay. We still have a few minutes left in my broadcast here coming back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Night Thanks Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to welcome Jim Jordan. Jim's based in Framing Him and he runs a program called Programs for People. Jim tell us what.
Speaker 1: It's all about, Okay, Dan, I'm not the executive director. I'm one of the volunteer board members, but very proud of the agents. We're very proud of the agency. We help those who are mentally challenged a little bit, received counseling at ten support groups, find employment, move up a couple of steps, you know, in society, and maybe get on a better track. And very proud of the results.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I've been there twenty nine years as a volunteer and they've done our just amazing work in the Framing Him and the surrounding towns and we it's put people make their lives more positive than what were they were before.
Speaker 3: In fact that sometimes Yeah, Jimmy, I know that you're a fixture, a fixer in the Framingham community. You've in real estate. Tell us how people who might be in Framing Him or elsewhere who might need some help, how do they contact you? And more importantly, how does some of my listeners who might like to support your organization, how can they get in touch and perhaps make a contribution?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that. Dan Our website is programs for people dot org and there's donate well, right again, it's programs for People dot org and there's a donate now which on the right top of the page, and it's relatively easy. We're also based at ninety eight Lincoln Street in Framing Him, right across the street from the MetroWest Medical Center, and we have a lot of contact and networking with the hospital and other local agencies. And you know, when we turn on the television news these days, I see bad things, But when I go to the agency, I really see positive results and people are receiving support and moving up a couple of steps in society.
Speaker 3: Like I said, Jim, thank you very much for what you do and what you've done for so many years, And thank all the other volunteers with programs for people dot Org.
Speaker 7: Thanks Jim, Thank you Dan very much.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome. All right. Our last charity of the evening the Boston Entrepreneurs Network Maureen Mansfield. Maureen, looking forward to chatting with you here. Tell us about the Boston Entrepreneurs Network. Who gets involved in and what do you do? Welcome?
Speaker 13: Hey, Dan, it's Maureen, last but not least.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's okay. They've all been good and you're going to be one of the best. Go right ahead.
Speaker 13: The Boston Entrepreneurs Network was founded in nineteen ninety one. It was founded by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. It focuses on education and network for anybody that's looking to start, scale, and exit their startup. We have educational meetings once a month from September through June. We also offer an opportunity for startup founders to give a ninety second pitch in front of a live audience and receive feedback, which is very valuable when you're trying to pitch for investments and you may meet somebody in an elevator that could be party for startup.
Speaker 3: Or elevator elevator pitch. You got it right?
Speaker 13: I love that and it's a great we are underneath in international organization.
Speaker 6: It's the I Tripoli.
Speaker 13: Have you heard of that?
Speaker 3: No, I have not.
Speaker 13: Okay, it's the Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers. So we do have some affiliations out of Washington, DC, some connections with the MIT Lincoln Labs, and I have been part of that. And also we get invited sometimes to private events where there might be world leaders there and presidents of major companies in Boston like hospitals companies, and even some from other countries like Japan. So I co found an Exodus startup and I was a panelist about bootstrapping to a funding event in November twenty eleven. And since then, an Angel investor asked me to be part of the group since I was multi talented, so I showed up, I did whatever they needed and now I'm a vice chair. And we have opportunities for people to participate in our community, to volunteer, and also to actually be part of a real nonprofit. So if you do a startup or have a startup that's has a nonprofit component, we actually have meetings and voting and minutes to be approved.
Speaker 6: So it's it's really good, great experience and.
Speaker 3: The most important information, the most important information. If you're an entrepreneur or a budding entrepreneur out there, how can folks most easily get in touch with you?
Speaker 13: Sure, we have a website. It's www dot Boston e net b O S T O N E N E T dot org. Or you could email Boston et at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: That's easy, boy, That that's easy. Waureen. It's delightful to finish with you. I know you probably were very patient to wait until the end, but you were last, but you were certainly not least. I really do appreciate you, appreciate everyone tonight. Thanks so much for joining us, and thanks for listening to Night's side and reaching out to us. We I hope a lot of good charities tonight, yours being certainly one of them. Thank you so much for your time, and.
Speaker 13: Thank you for doing this. I heard the show last year and I thought, GEE would be great to have an opportunity. So I appreciate your staff and you for reaching out, and I think your show is awesome, and I think all these nonprofits are really adding value to our community. So thank you so much, Dan, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Very much, And if you celebrate Christmas, let me be the first to wish you Merry Christmas.
Speaker 13: Merry Christmas, Dan, Okay.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a great night. Okay. Well, that wraps it, folks. That was the twelfth annual Nightside Charity Combine. Now, if you want to listen to any of Nightside, we have a website. Rob will post tonight's hour at Nightside on Demand dot com. You can listen to at any hour. It's posted in reverse order, so when you go to Nightside on Demand dot com, you'll see the twelve o'clock hour that we just the eleven o'clock hour we just finished, and you scroll down read the ten to ninety eight and then last night's show, et cetera. If you're want of the groups who participated tonight, you can pull down your interview. All you need is somebody who has a little bit more technical expertise than me. Pull down that interview and you can post it on your website and send it out to your supporters and your stakeholders and let them know that you were on the twelfth Annual night Side Charity Combine. All right, I want to thank Rob. Rob. I hope you and yours have a great merry Christmas. I'll see you on January first. I'll thank Marita, but most importantly, I want to thank all of you who take the time to listen to Nightside on a regular basis and who take the time to call the show. Well. I will be back on January first. We'll have our regular hosts, Morgan White I believe, and Gary Tangway will be in. During the next week and a half or so, I'm going to get myself all squared away here, get rid of this bronchitis or whatever the hell I'm dealing with now, spend some time with my family, and come back. I'm refreshed and relaxed and ready to go for another year. We are in our eighteenth year of Nightside, all thanks to all of you. So I just can't tell you much. I appreciate all of you who listen and contact this show. I will also tell you that I'm getting better. I had a little bronchitis, and if you want to see me and I'll prove you I'm getting better, just go to Nightside on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray and we will do our last postgame in just about a minute or two. So in the meantime, have a great Christmas, have a great Honuaka, have a great quans or a great Festivus. Whenever you actually celebrate. O'll end as always, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why my pal Charlie Rays, who passed sixteen years ago, fourteen years ago in yeah, fourteen years ago in February. That's why your pets are a past. They loved you, loved you, and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again, see you again in twenty twenty five on New Year's Night. Thanks everyone, God bless Merry Christmas