Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection, and let need to start out with.
Speaker 2: We're talking auction here. I can't do that. I don't even know why I bother trying. How are we doing, ladies?
Speaker 3: We are excited me get to this. This is the highlight of our summer. You know, this is what we really look forward to in July.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, that's the Christmas shopping in July, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: If you're not familiar with it, the radio station every the last Saturday of July every year for the last twenty six years, has been doing an auction. And what we do is we go up to the Dewey Fairgrounds, the fairgrounds in Dewey, and we set up at open the doors at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: At nine o'clock we start the auction.
Speaker 3: We have brand new merchandise and gifts fortificates from local advertisers and you.
Speaker 5: Are going to get a bargain.
Speaker 3: What we do is we guarantee that you can't pay eighty percent of the retail price, because when you go there at eight o'clock and you start looking around, you're going to see lots of items on display. You can look through the items, touch field, look at it, whatever and stuff too. But miss Tina here has made a tag for each one of it and each item, and it says where we purchased it from, because we purchase these items, where we purchased it from. It says what the retail price is, and then what the eighty percent price is. So our auctioneer knows he can't go over that eighty percent price.
Speaker 5: That's his limit.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, Tina was telling me we have to reel in mister Nichol every now.
Speaker 4: Once in a while.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, a very excited and he does a great job. He really does.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Funny, he makes it fun. He makes it.
Speaker 3: We have a whole lot of fun with it. But when you come at eight o'clock, you want to look at all the items. But also on the wall, we have a huge wall with gift certificates on it. And we've got passes to places all over the region. You know, whether it's Branson or Oklahoma City, or Kansas City or Eureka Springs or wherever it might be. We've got passes to fun places to go. A lot of people even plan their vacations the first or second week of August so that they can get their tickets and stuff at our auction because they know they're going to get a great price on them. But not only are there attractions on our gift certificate board. We have restaurants, we have plumbing, we have heating and air, we have pet grooming. We have a car repair, you know, like for oil changes, you know, things like that. I mean all kinds of different golf. We've got several different golf and things and stuff too, So a lot of gift certificates. So when you come, you want to come in and get a free number. You'll get everybody has a number. That's how you'll bid is by your number, a free number. We give you a little notepad too, one of our little k kwnkyfmkri GKPGM notepads and a pencil, so that you can go around and look at things and kind of make notes of what you might be interested in, Yes, so that you don't forget something or miss something that you really really really wanted. So you can go scan that board and say, okay, yeah. The neat thing too about it is Ms. Tina and her daughter Kenna, who is our intern. They've also been making posters for each of these attractions too, so like if it's a Brandson show, you can look at the poster that's right beside on the gift certificate board there, and you can see, Okay, they don't perform on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, you know, or whatever, or they're an eight seven thirty show these days, and they're a morning show these days, you know, whatever and things. So as you know, when you're going to go to Branson, you can look at that poster. You can look at their schedule and see, yes, that will fit into my schedule or and it won't fit into my schedule, you know, as to win your calendar.
Speaker 5: Because once you've got them, you've got them, and.
Speaker 3: Some people say, oh my plans changed and I've got these tickets, Well give them to somebody else in your family, sell them to somebody else as neighbor or whatever something too. If you can't, you know, if you can't, go ahead and use them. But yeah, you don't sell them on the open market. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: We can't do that.
Speaker 3: But no, no, but if you can't use them, be sure somebody else can. And stuff too, because they aren't for resale, they're for you to be able to use.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, this is great.
Speaker 1: This is pretty much an auction for everyday living and entertainment as well. But you know, when you think about it, and I've been.
Speaker 2: To a few of these in the last years.
Speaker 1: Some of the darnest things, a lot of things that are kind of decorative. Other things you can set on. Some things you can even ride, yes.
Speaker 4: And we have some things you can set on.
Speaker 6: We have a very nice brown leather Ashley accent chair from Neil's. We just picked that up yesterday. It is on the website, so go check that out. We also have a fun recliner that massages.
Speaker 3: Heats massage recliners from Michael clarke se Center, I Bid Ready to Go and which talks about max Bid. What some people do is they go ahead and again they get their eight o'clock so they can peruse everything, and which you can look online too, because Tina has all this stuff online up too.
Speaker 5: If you go to our.
Speaker 3: Webs and as that's a book can sit, yes, so you can know that ahead of time. But most people just come at eight o'clock and look through things. But you can go ahead and know what that eighty percent price is. So when the auctioneer starts to talk about that recliner that you really really really want, you just say max bid or you say you know what the bid is itself, and he knows, and that's it.
Speaker 5: You've got it.
Speaker 3: And I will say, though, be prepared because sometimes there might be somebody else that wants the max bid too. So the first one that's hand goes up, the first one that he sees, is the one that he's going to grab as the winner too.
Speaker 4: So auctioneer's choice.
Speaker 6: No fuss and no fighting, no hair pulling, no ie gouging, no fighting, no none of that.
Speaker 4: I know. I mean somebody's going to say it.
Speaker 3: But it is a good time too, And I mean it takes a while because we have a lot of stuff. I really every year I get more excited because I mean, it's a tough job. But Tina and I've been shopping for a whole month. You know, it's rough shopping exactly.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you. We went to because we shop all over.
Speaker 6: We went to Punka City, we went to Pasca, we went to coffee, and we went to Know. We've been on stall, Barnstall and Dewey and yeah, I think so. Yeah, thanks kind of encompasses most of our area, but I mean that's quite an area. But we went up to coffee on the other day to the Shabby Chic and man, it was a fun store.
Speaker 3: Oh shabby kid in there for a while. We can shop, you know, pretty quick. No, no, no, they have so many cool things.
Speaker 5: We'll have a budget of how much we can spend.
Speaker 3: And so it's like, darn, I wanted this too, but it doesn't fit into our budget. So but yeah, but Chabby Chic, if people aren't familiar with it, it's kind of a vintage mall, kind of like Susie Cues is a vintage mall here in Bartlesville. And so you know, they're great because they have all these little booths that people have specialty.
Speaker 5: Things at and so many fun things.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good time. And speaking of Shabby to Chic, we are Susie Hughes.
Speaker 6: We have those yellow chairs and they're so beautiful. They'd be great for somebody's porch or sitting room or little sunroom type deal.
Speaker 4: They're so pretty there like a pale yoa. Go to the website and check it out because they are adorable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 1: Most of everything we have will be on the website.
Speaker 2: One. Yes, it gets updated yea all the time.
Speaker 4: Yep, it'll be updated here in just a little bit.
Speaker 5: You go to our Facebook page.
Speaker 3: There are pictures of many things there too that they over as we've been shopping that Kenna has been adding to the Facebook page and stuff with a lot of that as well, so you can see some of that popular again this year. You know, we've got the asap Guess kickback cards. You know, I mean, everybody's going to use gas, so you might as well save at least eighty percent on your gas, you know, to be able to do that.
Speaker 5: Everybody likes to eat.
Speaker 3: We've got lots of restaurants, I mean lots of restaurants, and we've also got like American Heritage Beef beef bundles and things too, So you've got your roast so you're hamburger, or all kinds of steaks and things like that too in bundles, and you can buy the bundles for American Heritage Beef.
Speaker 4: Didn't we get a doggy bundle too for that?
Speaker 5: Yep? I think we did too.
Speaker 4: My dog loves those treats.
Speaker 5: That filled out. Our budget was to get the little Doggy bundle and my.
Speaker 2: Dog well creative us.
Speaker 6: So my dog, my dog, and Don's dog. Don works with us every now and again. Her dog Man. You can't even ruffle the package without him just going crazy. They love those things.
Speaker 3: Let's see, I was gonna look here and see if some of us. We've got Jimmy's Egg. We've got Dinks. We've got Sunrise Knownuts in Dewey, We've got Mexico Viejo. We've got a Blado's. We've got I'm looking at the restaurant's.
Speaker 4: May Res Mexican grill is on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got crossing a second, we've got Wheezy to Myra's Mexican grill. We've got Wheezies thinking uh a lotta.
Speaker 4: Burger, that one.
Speaker 3: Old Town Spirits which is across the street here. That's kind of food cutting your little beverage that you might need.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 6: We also have that portable Blackstone grill from Tructor Supply. Oh yeah, that's gonna be a hot ticket. You be get that max bid ready for that?
Speaker 5: And the ever popular Pelican cooler.
Speaker 6: Hell, I'm gonna say the same thing, the Pelican cooler. Yep, you can never have too many.
Speaker 3: Never too many coolers, exactly, a great, you can never have too many. Yeah, and uh we we do have like feed certificates from Mid America Feed but also from like Barnstall Egg Supply.
Speaker 5: We've got actually a lot.
Speaker 3: Of dog food and different kinds of chemicals and stuff like remedy and things like that, you know, from there.
Speaker 6: So we got yeah, yeah, yeah, and we got the cutest necklace in the cutest little areat toe bag.
Speaker 4: That was my sorry.
Speaker 3: You know, if you just have a lot of junk and you're cleaning out, we've got a dumpster.
Speaker 5: You know, Cowboy Bins is busy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, you need him to drop it off and pick it up, clean out the house, or got a garage you need to pick up. But we also have an electric uhl aware from Romans Outdoor Power. So that's gonna be really cool.
Speaker 5: That'll be popular, one of those zero it's.
Speaker 6: Well, it's an electric push mower. Yeah, and if you go to our website you can know all about it.
Speaker 3: So the big, big, big, biggest high ticket items unique. This is a post hold digger, but it's not really a digger. It's a vibrator. So what it is is it goes on the front of a skidster. I mean we're talking this is one thousands of dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: It goes on the front of a skidster and you and it pushes the pole down in the ground with vibration and stuff. And so you can do it whether it's a metal pole, a plastic pole or a wooden pole or whatever kind of you're making your.
Speaker 5: Phoeba seas and stuff. If he posts, yeah, it's a pole digger like that.
Speaker 3: You know, it goes on a boom boom boom kind of down or whatever and stuff too.
Speaker 2: So there we're past the sun. This will help you develop character and no, no.
Speaker 5: No, no, this is the easier way to do it.
Speaker 6: One of those days of that like mechanism where you got the posthole show.
Speaker 4: Up pooh gollie gee.
Speaker 6: You know, I think I got some scars on my hands for those things. But now this thing is so there's some videos on PhD, you know, there's there's some videos on our Facebook about this particular machine. And if you go to American Eagle Products out of Paheska, there's some information on their website as well.
Speaker 4: But man, this thing is so cool. There's no time wasted.
Speaker 6: They and on one of the videos they took a tea post and rent it directly through the like gravel road. Like yeah, were on gravel road and there was no extra hole there. It was just straight down because it just vibrated its weight.
Speaker 4: It's so cool. It's so cool.
Speaker 2: I have to.
Speaker 3: Look at the website Lucker video and check it. Hey tell us about visit Bartlesfield.
Speaker 6: We visit a cosy coffeevill Yeah. Well, you know, uh the Interstate Faar and Rodeo is coming up pretty soon.
Speaker 4: So we do have tickets for that.
Speaker 5: Fun passes we have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fun passes. It'll get you in all the grand stand events we have. In October, we have a thing called Hops around uh Town and it's a brewfest and you can come and sample all different kinds of things and.
Speaker 4: Learn what you like and what you don't like.
Speaker 3: And there's a Haunted Mansions.
Speaker 6: It's a Haunted tour and you can go around downtown and they tell all the history and stuff.
Speaker 4: And you know, Coffeeville is full of history.
Speaker 6: I mean just like Barsville, but Coffeeville has a little bit more folklore as far as you know, the outlaw in the West goes.
Speaker 4: So we have a good time with that.
Speaker 6: And then we have some things for the kiddos too, and some t shirts and coffee coffee coffee too. Coffee is there, we've got that too, Yeah, and some icy candy and some passive or some tickets. If you go to the Condon Bank there you get a free icy and you know that's where the icy is originated.
Speaker 4: It was a Coffeeville. I don't know if you know that, Tom, but it happened.
Speaker 3: And you know, the more you know, a gift certificate that you're would be a nice Christmas present or for the lady in your life too, that she would really like itrobably the restorations medspot or the labor's aesthetics.
Speaker 5: Those Amy Morris massage.
Speaker 3: We got several different really nice gift certificates too.
Speaker 6: Like, yes, massages are the best. If you've never had one, you should really treat yourself to get one.
Speaker 5: Amy Morris is excellent.
Speaker 4: She gets a great, wonderful Yeah, she.
Speaker 5: Really does a good job to look and sharp. Wondering dry cleaning, yeah, you know, drop your cleaning off. Yep, that's a lot that's those are great gift certificates.
Speaker 6: We also have a lot of things for the kids, so you know, bring the kids, give them their own notepad and their own pencil and tell them go make your Christmas lists man.
Speaker 3: And from bouncy balls to plush toys to.
Speaker 4: Pretty sure.
Speaker 3: We have a super soaker and books, quite a few good little books for kids and stuff for me too to be able to do that. We Billies health food, we went there. We have a lot of bundles of vitamins and things and stuff too that for your health, and that that was a good thing.
Speaker 6: Especially like I think we got one for like a seasonal so if you've got allergies or you know, if you win the fall and you start getting stuffy, and be prepared, be ready.
Speaker 4: So we've got you covered.
Speaker 5: Martha's task, isn't it today?
Speaker 3: Their last day of Christmas in July or whatever at Martha's Task. But we got to shop before that and got a few neat things from there as well, so that's always a good thing.
Speaker 6: We've got the upright freezer, the chess freezer that's a five cubic feet chess freezer. And we've also got from Bob loftice. This is one of the first things that we got and it was so cool. It's an end table, but it's also a speaker and it has radio in it. It's got Bluetooth, it has a USB port, the charger devices on the top. It has one of those wireless chargers.
Speaker 4: And it has ox cord.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: This thing is just the coolest. Is it's very modern. It is so cool.
Speaker 3: And if you're more not so modern and you really want just like a wooden end table or whatever, we got that one. It kneels and it also has a plug and a USB port on the top of it or whatever things too. So yeah, furniture has gotten more high tech. It's not just your basic furniture anymore. We got the massagery clinard to the high tech end tables. Yeah, it's just yeah, a lot of fun stuff, but again so much join us because our whole our staff will be out there, you know, get to meet our staff, talk to our staff, and and have a lot of fun with you too. We always look forward to that. And I was going to say, if you kind of get hungry while you're there, Crossing second is going to be there with concessions again, so yeah, so you know, don't have to don't have to grab your coffee on the way there. They'll have coffee and they'll have sinnmon rolls and other goodies and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: And then this is bringing the grill this year, so me.
Speaker 3: Some closer to lunch, you'll get to have some some things for lunch then as well too. So yeah, so you know, stay with us and have fun, make it a fun morning and get some great Christmas shopping done.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: When where and when does it start?
Speaker 6: Saturday morning? Doors open at eight am, the bidding start at nine. We are at the Washington County Fairgrounds. It's just west of the High School in Dewey at the stop light.
Speaker 4: Can't miss us. It's on the curve right before you it turns into one twenty three.
Speaker 1: So, and what's the what's the promise that we're giving everybody?
Speaker 6: They have to save money, like just regardless they save money. There's free numbers, you get great door prizes. And you tell me what you're saying, Tom, you never.
Speaker 2: Pay more than eighty.
Speaker 4: Percent of detail eighty percent.
Speaker 5: It's an auction.
Speaker 3: You set the price. It might be twenty thirty forty percent. Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 1: Alrighty well, I want to thank you both for coming in here and almost I got exhausted just hear it about your shopping at.
Speaker 6: We have so much fun though to job that we qualified. I think that's part of the reason why we love this so much. Did you get Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did it for We did it for you.
Speaker 2: Take care. We've got more coming up right here on K one, the one you dress