Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing emot has coming living one's property of all times.
Speaker 2: Yes, my bow on.
Speaker 1: Bows down to your master. Then you did it. Then you did it.
Speaker 3: Where you did.
Speaker 4: Allowed to play? Allowed to play, allowed to play, Come to play.
Speaker 2: The first worse.
Speaker 3: The sun is rising, John, wake up, Wake up now, till Moory.
Speaker 5: We're all here to show you how Jenner wits.
Speaker 6: Horses, raw Fish, k and Moti Home.
Speaker 5: Of the listens is a famuphy.
Speaker 4: Don't turn that down us wait and see.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to John?
Speaker 6: It's time to start to show. Plastick a clib my bless go whist big man Mary show, Welcome through.
Speaker 2: The work in me.
Speaker 6: It's on such a bore kick that makes up that stuff.
Speaker 1: In and make it hardcore.
Speaker 3: Here whispy and then mess pick up your phone there line you're on the air.
Speaker 1: Good morning, It's the Big Mad Morning Show BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. Listen online the website that rocksskmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS. Listen with your cell phone get the iHeartRadio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com and we're on the Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash bmms six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Garvin, good morning.
Speaker 2: Get be.
Speaker 1: It's to see triviumar on the line. That's gonna be a giveaway that happens at seven point thirty. Trivia is playing at the Tulsa Theater on December fifteenth. Get your tickets Tulsatheater dot com. We've got Taser Time Trivia. We're gonna shock each other maybe if we can't answer questions we wrote, don't think that that's a gimmick. Uh, And then we've got Taser Time Trivia. Like I said, we've got free from Friday and Alini's is gonna join us. A friend Mike, see what he's up to? Wow, you got WILLI Nilly anything you want to talk about, bring up something new, go back to something and it is frigging a Friday. We want you to answer this question via text. What was your worst summer BM A mass and whatever that is? To eight two nine four five? What was your worst summer bm A mass and whatever that is or was to eight, two, nine, four or five. We pick your text and talk to you on the air. You're gonna get a twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of Course live if you'd like, or him whatever else you want to buy. Freaking a Friday coming up here in a little bit. So answer that question, what was your worst summer? I love playing Monster Magnet. I put that in deliberately. It's one of my favorite rock songs of all time, only because I know this information about David Windorf is the leading singer and that, by the way, he's seventy now. Oh, David Windorf had a pretty successful rock band and then the label was like, hey, you guys got to do better.
Speaker 2: This is not.
Speaker 1: You need something to be more people can relate to, right, And Windorf was like, you mean like sex and rock and roll and drugs, and the labels like, yeah, man, this is in like ninety six, ninety five, And he convinces the record label to pay for a trip to Las Vegas to write an album Brilliant, and he books a hotel room ten miles outside of Las Vegas, takes his guitar and his drum machine and a four track and Records twenty one songs in twenty one days, and one of them was space Lord Damn, and it's their most successful He did what the label requested and it was their most successful song and album. Ain't that something? Yes? I wonder how much cocaine he took with him.
Speaker 7: That part is unclear.
Speaker 1: I'm not he looks like a guy that does it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Wind, I've never really dug into the Monster Magnet the band. That's the only song that I know from them, and it's it's just alright in my book. But it's all the boxes checked of a rock song, Okay, right, driving beats.
Speaker 1: Can you feel like you can put your leg out there when you play the guitar and like stomp your heel? Okay, you know the look. I mean, it's all that stuff. He even made the video frocking rock music Okay, because it was so not what they were about. Okay, Yeah, he does look like he's done a little bit of blowing his time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The story allegedly goes that he would go out in Vegas at night and roam around Vegas, and then he'd go back to the hotel room and write songs. Was his other band. That's Psycho Center. I think that might have been before Monster Magnet, Okay if I remember correct, because I was going to ask you if you knew what his other band was.
Speaker 8: I'd like to hear some of that stuff. No, it was Monster Magnet before. Okay, Yeah, okay, that's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of my favorite I just I love That's why I love that. I love great rock stories like that, not just like we discovered them in a bar. Uh did you want to tell your story? You were trying to tell us this morning that I stopped you. Oh, sure, you don't have to.
Speaker 5: No, I absolutely I can.
Speaker 9: I was driving in this morning down eighty first Street and it was right where the QT is across from the Mavericks station, so before one sixty nine it is, yeah, yes, And it's pretty dark there, it's not very bright, especially at five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: And there was a.
Speaker 9: Lazed truck next to me, the Laze potato chip truck in a long tannel lane right, and he breaks really quickly, and I'm like, okay, and then I'm traveling yeah, I hope so, and then I break instantly because there is a couple walking in the middle of the road jaywalking in the middle of the road in all black, no barefoot.
Speaker 5: And it's a guy.
Speaker 9: He's got his hands wrapped around a woman's waist and it looks like they're like cuddling, walking in the middle of the road. And they suddenly stop and then back up and and they wait for me, And I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, what are they doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 9: Looking like they're just walking from one gas station to the next, and it's insane.
Speaker 5: What are you doing walking? You must have got hit twice?
Speaker 7: So what's where do we get to the part where you're going to call the police and what for?
Speaker 1: I thought about it, like, oh, that's what you were going to call the police for the people in the road crossing? The people crossing the whitest woman thing I've ever heard, Like, but what are you doing?
Speaker 9: And it almost looked like he was forcing her across the street. I couldn't tell, like or they wasted because it's dark outside.
Speaker 8: He had his hands around her waist. Yeah, yeah, he's not forcing her across the street. He's trying to hold on to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe drunk and he was trying to control her. Why is it always gotta be the guy?
Speaker 5: Why are they barefoot.
Speaker 1: Because they're homeless, it's hot, or they're on drugs, or they just sucks. There could be a gazillion reasons other than yeah, you guys need to take this out. There's a couple down here in eighty first.
Speaker 9: Maybe someone else wouldn't have had the best eyesight and hit them.
Speaker 1: That's their problem.
Speaker 7: How its planned out?
Speaker 1: Man, I thought you were gonna be like I saw some guys with uh, black rags around their eyes with the eye holes cut out right and a big black bag with a dollar sign on it. I thought, that's what we're gonna get. Two people trying to be in love across in the streets because they were judged outside the crosswalk.
Speaker 5: No, there were nowhere near a crosswalk, nowhere near it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me get my.
Speaker 5: GIMPI grown going people walking.
Speaker 1: Where they're not saying where's their coat? They could catch a cold? No, no, no, yeah. That might be the most Karen suburban white mom thing I think I've ever heard you say. And that means a lot because I've heard you say a lot of suburban white mom stuff.
Speaker 9: Well, listen caught me by surprise, and it startled me. It was like, you know, and a deer crosses. You don't expect it the highway.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, would you call the police on that deer too?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Why not? Because he's got shoes on books moves man, your unicorn lindsay so for those that are dull. Before the show started, Linz, he was like, cops. I was called the cops this morning. Gim me and I were like, whoa, whoa, hella la that sounds juicy. That was not juicy.
Speaker 7: Sorry, the concern, the concern from.
Speaker 1: The chips was the biggest, right, and wait, the chips guys on the phone.
Speaker 2: That was me.
Speaker 5: Man, he was probably just as pissed. He's like, I did call? I did call.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he didn't. He's just trying to be the best chip delivery guy he can be and get to his education he's got to do afterwards, or his other job.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 9: Well, now I feel bad if I if I, if I read a story that a young woman was traffic to this.
Speaker 1: At five am, you think that's how trafficking works, barefoot walking from a from one convenience store to the other.
Speaker 7: You think you think, well, that makes sense because they were criminals.
Speaker 1: If they were trafficking, they wouldn't be in the crosswalk, Am I rightman? Traffickers don't use crosswalks. It was in traffic though, so you may have something that's hilarious.
Speaker 7: Man, I was banking on the whole segment being that sill.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 1: I almost hoping for something a lot better.
Speaker 8: Maybe you found somebody breaking into a car, yeah, you know. Or you stopped at the quake trip and you know somebody came in and robbed the joints running with a gun. Yeah, yeah, had a severed head in their hand.
Speaker 5: I mean that did happen before.
Speaker 1: Somebody had a severed head in the fun and.
Speaker 5: They jumped on the hood of my vehicle on seventy first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how come we've never heard this before?
Speaker 5: I thought I told the story before, and that was I was writing.
Speaker 1: It may have gotten lost to the whole you playing cards with the neighbors.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 5: It was in the middle of the afternoon.
Speaker 9: I was driving my mother in law to the mall and a guy had just robbed Dick's sporting goods and he was crossing traffic and he jumped on the hood of my car and he was staring at us, and he jumped off and ran towards the apartments across the street, and a police officer came running and we.
Speaker 5: Looked and he were like, he went that way, and he keeps he keeps going, And that was that.
Speaker 9: I think they caught him inside those apartments later that day. But yeah, he had a gun on him and he had stolen another gun from from Dix that day.
Speaker 7: Did you call the police on that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, actually no, because the police, I called the radio station. They were talking about it on the radio station that we happened to be listening.
Speaker 5: He was like, yeah, the guy just jumped on my my car.
Speaker 9: You said a few years ago, you tier, no, no, no, this Oh well, my mother it was like twenty seventeen or twenty sixteen when it happened.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you mean a decade ago. Oh, yes, a decade ago.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you know what's crazy this that was actually.
Speaker 9: Close to the time when we found out that my mother in law had Alzheimer's, because by the time we got to the mall, she had already forgotten that it had happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, I'm not sure if that's Alzheimer's works, but no, but that was, like, I.
Speaker 9: That was one of the times that was like one of the first moments I had suspected her of going through the dementia of getting it, and I said, well, yeah, that is I.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to google real quick the Dick's Sports robbery huh in Tulsa and this says it happened. What time of year was it? I mean it was spring, summer, fall.
Speaker 5: I think I think it was spring or summer, and it was warm out. I didn't have a coat on.
Speaker 1: This Has it happened this one October thirtieth, twenty twenty three, okay earlier than that.
Speaker 7: Then then Dick's Sports gets robbed a lot.
Speaker 8: You would think they would why I have a handle on that? Yeah, yeah, I mean I mean guns.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing.
Speaker 8: Here's what I never understood about that. Right, Their guns are all locked up exactly. So unless you're like you go to the the guy at the count and you're like, hey, I want to see that smith and Wesson right there, and he hands it to you and then you just bolt, then how you gonna get hang how you gonna steal it?
Speaker 1: You'd have to strong arm the person on the other side of the counter, right, and those parts are usually in the back of the store so far the gun location.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so you'd have to go run all the way through the store and then But maybe it's one of those situations like it's like you know, like the like home depot whatever. Right, you're like, wait, who hands off? We can't stop this guy because we don't want to be a liability.
Speaker 1: So you just let him run with the gun. Sure, but you're still running all that distance for visual, you know what I'm saying. And it's not like he's getting a loaded gun. No, that's true, unless hold on, he's got to stop an aisle twelve.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it doesn't happen. Just to me, it's a wild thing to do to try and steal a gun, I think just robbing businesses in general right now. Now they may carry a till, yeah, but they don't carry a deep till not like they used to. Very rarely do people most of time, if I pay cash for something, they're like, hold on, I can't break a twenty right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Most people pay with a credit card or their phone, and.
Speaker 1: If they do, they have a safe there that's on a timer and you can't open it up right then? Yeah, eh, wild man mm hmm. You know what else is wild? What's your worst summer? We want to know what was your worst summer? Twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of cours Light or whatever you want. All you gotta do is answer this text. Answer the question with this text. Answer this question with a text what was your worst summer? Bmms and whatever that was to eight, two, nine, four or five. We'll be back. If you're listening to the Big Men, time for news quakies and on Fridays we do just the headlines. It's time for news quakies, world news, local news and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn, Gimbi.
Speaker 8: And Lindsay with what's going on news quakies from the Big Med Morning showing ninety seven.
Speaker 9: Five Florida woman accused of hoarding eighty cats she picked up during her mail route.
Speaker 1: Eighty that's a live yeah, it is, yeah, Like, how much food do you need to feed eighty cats? A lot? They're cats? What does that mean? Do they not eat? Well?
Speaker 8: They eat, but I mean they just come and go as they please. They're not like dogs where you got to constantly feed him. Just throw a big bowl down and they're good for like two couple of days.
Speaker 9: Our bougee ass cat right now won't eat cat food, so I have to make him cat food with tuna and canned chicken breast.
Speaker 5: Oh I know.
Speaker 9: And there's not enough calories. So we're literally like feeding him probably four times a day right now.
Speaker 1: It's time, right, it's time.
Speaker 5: So you can feel his rib cage.
Speaker 1: Now, that's definitely time though, are you still playing? That doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's still lovey dovey, it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: Still suffering.
Speaker 5: He's not suffering.
Speaker 1: How do you know that age?
Speaker 5: Because he still eats it could not enough and you have to make his food.
Speaker 1: He don't eat regular food.
Speaker 5: Right, he doesn't want he doesn't want regular cat food.
Speaker 1: And this is the same fat as cat.
Speaker 8: Like a couple of years ago we were making fun of because he's overweight, right, and now he's all skinny. Now he's thinking about that LENDSI When it comes to humans, most humans, when they you know, have a giant drop and weight like that, they're usually on their deathbeds or ozmpic.
Speaker 1: This says you would need about forty cups of dry food a day for.
Speaker 5: Eighty cats, dym, that's expensive.
Speaker 1: I just threw you down a big forty pound bag and say have at it. Do they sell cat food in forty pound bags?
Speaker 5: I'm sure I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't I think.
Speaker 5: I think maybee a twenty pound bag.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe to forty on each bag. Spokane doctor loses license after hiring a hit man to get his ex wife addicted to heroin and make him sleep with her, make her sleep with him. Wow. Woman claims First Amendment protected her after repeating repeating racial slur at child. Freedom of speech. Man, I can say whatever I want. A little bit, you ask kid.
Speaker 9: Argentina court recognizes two goldfish as sentient beings with rights.
Speaker 5: Where was that in Argentina?
Speaker 7: They can't win a World Cup?
Speaker 1: What do they know?
Speaker 7: Chef facing jail time after serving up ants?
Speaker 1: I know this story.
Speaker 7: It was like some fancy schmancy.
Speaker 1: Like chef. He had a fancy restaurant. Yeah, and he was trying to be creative.
Speaker 5: I mean supposedly they taste like lemon ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you eat a lot of ants. You know what to taste like. You know what to taste like ants?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: That was me, right, Okay, Malaysian minister claims work stress can turn people gay. Stressed at work, then we're all.
Speaker 9: Gee, doorbell camera catches half naked woman stealing neighbor's milk.
Speaker 7: Is milk still getting delivered that way?
Speaker 1: This is across the pond? Is milk still get getting delivered this way? Apparently in the UK it is?
Speaker 12: Huh.
Speaker 8: I read the story and yeah, it has some gal and like her Bronz panties going up to several neighbors houses and stealing milk off their porch and then.
Speaker 1: Running off with it. We used to get growing up. We had milk delivered to our front porch. We had a little Anderson ericson. We had a little metal tin with a lid on it, and the milk guy would come by and put milk or cotch, cheese or eggs or whatever in there. And I can't, for the life of me comprehend how it didn't spoil. Right. Well, it's because it was real milk before he passed her out.
Speaker 7: No, it's pasteuriyes h.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can get your groceries delivered now, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know they're coming right. This was before any of that. It was just like Hey, they come on a Tuesday, but you don't know what time. Milks.
Speaker 8: Here, someone's making personal massages based on Pokemon. By personal massagers, I mean vibrators.
Speaker 1: You mean the delldo's the doll.
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 1: Many hikers are pooping in Colorado's back country? Could wag bags be the answer? Like for the dogs? Like, I don't know what wag bags are.
Speaker 5: They're pop bags. It's a it's a it's a cute name for a poop bag.
Speaker 8: Then yes, you need to put wag bags out there. Hikers are crapping all over the woods.
Speaker 7: No, no, because you know what people that pooping like this and just leave it everywhere?
Speaker 1: You know what they do? They don't follow the rules.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: Daughter's wedding made mom so happy she had to go to the hospital.
Speaker 7: Like heart attack, right, what sounds about right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Diarrhea contamination closes Kansas splash pad during heat wave.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, gross, at least it's a splash pad. Yes it is, Yes, it is, gimpy. I'll see your splash pad and raise you. Mexico warns of diarrhea risk when visiting US. Oh my, oh wait, wait, so we've flipped rolls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have the tables turned right?
Speaker 1: Who you calling gay? Don't drink the water, don't eat the lettuce.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 9: Man and woman arrested with nine pounds of ecstasy after speeding stop.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of addics. Personal use. Yeah, they're on the way to a rage.
Speaker 9: How long would it take you to go through nine pounds if it's just for personal use between the two of them.
Speaker 1: Depends on how much you want to take it one time?
Speaker 2: Much?
Speaker 5: Can't I mean, can you od on ecstasy?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah? Messes with your brain pretty bad.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: Parents balloon three year old daughter to seventy seven pounds in muckbang videos. You know a muck bang video?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, three years of three year old just keep.
Speaker 1: On eating, eating, look at then making muck bang videos.
Speaker 5: So the twins are twelve and they are five.
Speaker 9: I think last doctor's appointment there were five five one hund and ten pounds. Seventy seven pounds at three years old. Disgusting.
Speaker 1: UH fan slaps fellow supporter for sitting during national anthem. Such an amazing video. No it's not.
Speaker 7: It's like the least the most anti American video ever.
Speaker 1: You stand the hell up during the end. You Nope, you're violating that person's constitutional rights. Show your respect for the country, legion.
Speaker 5: I see both sides. I had no right to slap.
Speaker 1: No, it's none of your business. Get up, punk, it's none of your business. You cannot like it. They can be a punk, they suck, But to assault another person, daurn the hell up? Buy that old man of beer. Jail time is what he's getting. Uh there's a rise in gooner assaults at Dollar Tree stores.
Speaker 5: Was that a headline?
Speaker 1: Yeah? If you don't know what gooning is, google it? Uh too, men know what gooning is, lindsay no, And you're trying to skip over co We go ahead.
Speaker 9: No, you skipped over me, oh burn, That's why he was good headline. Yeah, you goon Two men going right now? Two men to hospital after DNA tests exposes thirty eight year birth switch.
Speaker 1: Don't open the box to find out the cat's dead. Right, go ahead, Corbyn, we'll get back on track. Russian senator calls for recruiting women and disabled people into drone defense units. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 13: I am.
Speaker 8: I've always been an advocate of Hey, send all the gifts towards convicts out to war.
Speaker 7: Yeah, except they want them to be the sacrifice for the drones.
Speaker 1: That's not the way the headline reads the headline. I've not read the story. Yeah, drone defense units because Russia is having a problem with Ukraine and drones, and the drones are just running into people, and they want a drone defense unit to be made up of women and disabled people. Sounds to me like they want them operating the drones. That's the way I understand it. Maybe you're right.
Speaker 7: I haven't read the story, so I don't know. It is now your turn, lindsay.
Speaker 9: The reason why silent farts are so much smellier than allowed farts of fermentation.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's the thing scientists are focusing on. Yeah, right.
Speaker 8: German prisoner wins legal right to send his fiance letters covered with his semen.
Speaker 2: Gross, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: How's she going to read it? If it's all stuck together?
Speaker 7: How's she gonna open it?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Employee Surveillance, Microsoft Defense Team's new location traffic feature rolling out.
Speaker 7: M last one.
Speaker 1: Lindsay, Ah, that was mine.
Speaker 5: I had to go twice, okay.
Speaker 7: Seven every week can be got one?
Speaker 1: No, I had all my seven?
Speaker 7: Oh well you a little extra seven? Corbyn every week.
Speaker 1: Man convicted of having sex with dog argues, he's not a sex offender. That's the most defensive sex you can have, right, I don't listen, gross weird not defending it. Philosophically speaking, Is he a sex offender or is he an animal? Like he's violated an animal and should if you violated an animal, should you be on a sex offender list? That puts you on the same boat as someone who touched kids. Now, granted they are both horrible, I mean, but a.
Speaker 5: Sex defender is also considered a rapist.
Speaker 1: So no, no, no, no, If you get caught peen behind a dumpster, you go on the sex offender list, that doesn't make you a raper. No, no, there's it's it's a tiered system. Sure, but nobody knows that.
Speaker 9: I think that if you are having if you're into best reality, you should be considered a sex offenct Why.
Speaker 7: You're not a threat to people.
Speaker 1: But but you might know all of it. You might change. You might one day and be like I am tired of the poodle. You might one day gued to cocaine. That's it, man. The gateway bestiality is the gateway to pedophilia. We got to take a break. We're given away twenty five dollars gift cards to get a case of course, light or whatever you want for frigging a Friday.
Speaker 7: What was your worst summer?
Speaker 1: BM mess and whatever that is to eight two nine four five BM mass and whatever you might to say to eight. That's actually how you get in on beer, because it's frigging a Friday. What was your worst summer bmmss and whatever that is to A two nine four five on a line with this right now?
Speaker 7: Is Larry?
Speaker 13: Hey, Larry, how are you good?
Speaker 1: Larry?
Speaker 7: What was your worst summer?
Speaker 13: Twenty twenty four? My husband was diagnosed with als in May of twenty twenty four, so that kind of made the summer.
Speaker 1: Really sun Yeah. Is he still alive?
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, he's still able to walk somewhat short distances. But you know, it just it was it was not a good summer.
Speaker 7: Sure, What was the indicators that made you go we got to have this checked out.
Speaker 13: Well, he started having trouble with his hands and so they thought it was cervical, so they did a cervical operation I think it was in October of twenty three, and then he didn't heal. He didn't get better, so they send him back to the neurologist, and then the neurologist did some more testing and then they did testing on his legs and that's when they came back in May with the diagnosis of ALS, which in a way he was lucky because sometimes it takes people five or more years to get a diagnosis.
Speaker 1: What's been the biggest change for your life with him having als?
Speaker 13: Trying to find all the thing make sure he has all the things that he needs, Lists for vans, lists for the home because we live in a split level, bathroom modifications, just trying to do that work, help him in the evenings, things like that.
Speaker 1: Just try to normalize his life or yeah, make it as familiar as possible. Yeah, exactly, wild Well, we're gonna hook you up, gimpy. Go ahead and tell her exactly what she's gonna get.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Thanksty you are terrible summer. You just got a twenty five dollars gift card to get a case occurs light or whatever you want back to you, Corbyn, hang on line Larry so gimp you can get your info and have a fantastic weekend YouTube. Thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Good morning Corbyn.
Speaker 9: If you woke up this morning feeling the lucky, then be listening at eight o'clock this morning for your chance to one one thousand dollars with a gas a cash. Listen for a keyword at eight and then enter it online at kmod dot com. Your first chance is at eight, and then it happens twelve more time throughout the day. Your last chance is at eight o'clock this evening.
Speaker 7: Good morning Gimpie, Good morning Corbyn.
Speaker 8: Fat Man Gabriel Iglesias is going to be at the Cove inside River Spiraccene on September nineteenth. You want to go for free, well, just hit up the contest tab right there on the free iHeartRadio weapons sign up to get you some tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, There is a massive AWS outage, so if basically that's cloud stuff for things like the iHeart Radio app and stuff like that. So some people are having issues, that's what's happening. Not that you can hear us if you're having issues, but maybe you go to use another side or something today and it doesn't work. That might be why the word hard down is the term that's being thrown around. If you know what that means in the tech world is bad. Okay, all right, we're giving away beer friggin a Friday. Actually, we're giving away a twenty five dollars gift card so you can get some beer, case, cors Light, or whatever else you want. You just got to answer this question what was your worst summer? Bmms and whatever that was to eight two nine four five bmms and whatever that was to eight two nine four or five, lindsay what was your worst summer?
Speaker 9: I it was kind of a tough one. I had to think back because there was a summer when my dad home a black lab and I hated that dog. It was awful, dragged me through the mud every time I would take it for a walk, wouldn't listen, it would run away.
Speaker 5: But I thought, yeah, that dog did suck. But I think.
Speaker 9: My parents got divorced during the summer I was twenty three years old. I'd moved home and I was living with them because I had taken a job close to home and.
Speaker 5: I was dealing with their bs and they it.
Speaker 9: Was like, you know, I was an only child, so it was they were, you know, pretty much be on my side, no beyond my side, and listening to them argue and it doesn't matter how old you are. Divorce sucks when your parents go through it. You can be at ten, or you can be twenty or thirty. It doesn't matter. Seeing your parents go through that, it sucks. And I be out with my friends and I would get a phone call from my mom and she would go, will you come home and hang out with me? Because your dad and I are fighting and I don't want.
Speaker 5: To be by myself, or so I would, And Yeah, that summer sucked.
Speaker 9: I had to deal with a lot of that of their bs and watching my dad move out of the house and it was heartbreaking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the worst summer.
Speaker 1: When I was twenty three, What was your worst summer? Twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of corse Line or whatever you want could be yours. Answer that question BMMS and whatever that is to eight, two, nine, four or five gim b what was your worst summer?
Speaker 8: I remember like it was yesterday, summer of nineteen ninety six. I had just moved to Tonkawa, Oklahoma. That was the summer my dad made me crawl under the house and change the sewage line and I got covered in dookie. Right, So here you are brand new town, don't know really anybody trying to meet people.
Speaker 1: And I smell that crap. Okay, so let's literally literally So that's the beginning of the summer. And of course, you know, I don't know many people. I meet a few people here and there and make some friends, and that's all right. And then and then, and then I'm out mowing the yard, right, and my parents are watching me slave away mow in the front yard. And they look over and they see this the neighbor like two houses down, and he's mowing his yard with the weed eater, right, and they're like, hey, go over there and mow that guy's yard for him.
Speaker 8: I'm a nice guy, okay. I do as my parents say. You know, It's just how how I was raised. They tell you to do something, you do it. You don't talk back, you don't bitch about it, you just go do it.
Speaker 2: So I do.
Speaker 1: And h In the midst of mowing this guy's yard, I ran over a.
Speaker 8: Hornet's nest, a yellow jacket nest, something that was buried into the ground.
Speaker 1: And I got stung about twenty times.
Speaker 8: Oh by these bees, hornets, whatever the hell they were that I ran over. I pissed them off good and uh so I'm mowing the lawn and all of a sudden, I'm getting attacked, stung all over the place, son of a bitch, and I just stopped, so I'm not going to continue mowing the lawn.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here getting stung. Right. That sucks. And uh.
Speaker 8: Here's where the weird part comes into play. You liked yes, no, the the and I know, I know, I know he meant well, but it was so.
Speaker 1: Awkward and weird.
Speaker 8: The old guy who's lawn I was mowing goes into his house, breaks off an alo leaf from his alo plant, and then starts slathering me up.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I happened to have an alo plant.
Speaker 8: It's in my bedroom over I am out in the front yard with this strange man rubbing his.
Speaker 1: Goop all over me. And then to top it all off, oh god. I had to go and deliver newspapers after that, because I was a paper boy on top of that kaller. So here I am Saturday night, slathered up in sticky old mango, trying to ride my bike around town and deliver newspapers. It was rough, rough summer for me. Summer of ninety six. Wow, yeah, top that one. Mine will not be that colorful. Lindsay got a dog she didn't want, right, GIMPI was assaulted. Sorry, al Vera, alvera, yeah, slather.
Speaker 7: We want to know from you what's your worst summer?
Speaker 1: Bmmss and whatever that is to eight two, nine four five twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of cors Light or whatever you want.
Speaker 7: I think the worst summer.
Speaker 1: For me, Like, I'll be honest, I was having a hard time trying to figure out what was the worst summer because for me, upon reflection, none of them were what you two described, and just now a bunch of them flooded in and hit me. So I'm gonna try and pick one. Probably the worst summer ever was when I was living.
Speaker 2: Near the.
Speaker 1: JLDS headquarters in Independence, Missouri. If you know what that is, they have an event a thing called Stairway to Heaven, or we called it. The non believers called it the upside downscrew because it looks like an upside downscrew and it is a staircase that they believe that the guy will take the stairs when he returns. Would you take the elevator? So I lived in there there because I knew it was safe, and I lived in a eight hundred square foot my not even be in that five hundred square foot outhouse kind type of thing, right, like an outbuilding behind somebody's house in an alley, so it was in their backyard butted up to the alley, so if someone was drunk going down the alley, they would plow through. Oh god, my domicile. And I didn't have money for couches. I had folding chairs. I didn't have money for a bed. It sat on the floor, right, just a mattress. I didn't have a lot of food, and I was just trying to make it, trying to get established. And my aunt owned this and gave it to me for free for like six months, and then at six months I was either gonna have to move or start paying awesome, right, didn't have a lot of options, didn't have good credit.
Speaker 7: This is what I got, and I remember feeling like I.
Speaker 1: Was a failure. Now I'm right out of college, like this is not a fair assumption of life or a fair reflection of what my life is like, because I'm just getting out and just getting started. Got his place for free, So life was good.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, I'm like, all right, I knew because I worked part time at the radio station. There was a guy there and I've told this story in the air and he was like, I'll give you a job. You can work with me. I was like, that sounds good. He was like, we make good money. The hours are kind of weird, but we make good money. And he repolled cars and the hours were at night and we would go and look for cars, hook him up, bring him back. Right, you get paid when you bring a car back. He provided everything, and he was like, I'll come by. We'll talk, figure out when you can start. All that sounds good. Now he comes by to my little eight hundred square foot outhouse in the darkness of an alley and we talk.
Speaker 7: He tells me the money.
Speaker 1: That sounds good. He's like, hey, we do this one last thing and I have everybody stand information before we start the night, go over what like roll call type of thing. Yeah, And I was like, sounds good. Whatever, and he says, okay, well we're going to practice that now. And I thought that was weird. I was like, well, that's weird. Why don't we gotta practice it? It's standing. I graduated college. Bro, I can stand and he goes, He's like, no, you gotta get down into your underwear and stand at formation. Now, keep in mind, my mindset was I'm a failure. I live in this tiny little outhouse in the darkness of an alley, behind a place where those believe JC is gonna walk down as stairs from heaven. And I remember going, I don't think this job's for me. A day later, he might have gotten me to get down into my underwear and done that because I don't know where my mental state was, because I was pretty low. Yeah, but that might be the worst. You never stripped down your own, I can say with confidence. I have only stripped down for a man maybe twice or three times? Are going yes, So when you're like three times, it feels like a lot. I would argue it's not for a doctor. No, you probably should have your stuff checked more often from a doctor. How many times have you stripped naked for a woman?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: Probably a dozen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all doctor scenarios, probably. Yeah.
Speaker 7: How many times have you stripped naked for another man?
Speaker 1: Gimpy? It's just a small handful of times. I really think about it, and they're they're.
Speaker 2: Their doctor.
Speaker 1: Related. I can't think all of them, right, I can't think of any time the ones that I remember, anyway, I can't think of any times. This is where for the little clarification, take your clothes off and you oblige.
Speaker 7: Yeah of the same sex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all doctor related. Yeah, I kind of prefer you have a degree at medical degree. Yes, right, just don't tell me you're a doctor. Come on.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, I'm gonna ask for some You need at least a fake one on.
Speaker 1: The wall something. Don't do it out of a motel six. Yeah, you're gonna have to have some sort of bed with paper on it. I think I'm just gonna do it for a regular right. There at to be some hand sand in the room, occasional check in from a lady at least bare minimum. Yeah. Not the worst summer, but definitely the one that popped in my brain when we were talking about some of the worst summers, and I'm mentally feeling like I'm never gonna make it.
Speaker 8: That's weird, man, Yeah, weird. No employer should ever ask you to strip down.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think you're accurate there.
Speaker 1: What's the exception of the military. Nope, Okay, porn uh, you said no employer. Fair enough, fair enough, never been in the porn industry. I only know one person that is, you know or was anyone.
Speaker 7: A nude model.
Speaker 1: Let's see if we can name industries careers that you have to Your employer asked you to get naked, So we've got porn star, nude model. Uh huh, that's it. Nope. How about a model, like a runway model. They get naked and then they put their clothes on. Very rarely do they wear underwear because it impedes the fashion. I'm just telling you what I've seen. But even then, I mean, okay, your your boss isn't telling you to do that. You just do it because you got to put the clothes on. Well they tell you you got to do that. Yeah, yeah, but they're not standing there. Maybe they are. I don't know. I designed the dresses. Probably standing There never been a model.
Speaker 5: There's a good naked for spray tands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a stranger, not your employer though. How about underwear model? Okay, okay, that makes sense. I mean he still falls alongto the line of models or whatever. Are you looking up careers that you your boss tells you to get naked for I am I am you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it a long list?
Speaker 8: It's got a few on here. Okay, it's a lot longer than thoughts, she said. We've already said nude art models, exotic dancers. Okay, okay, so maybe if you are, you know, working at Lady Good diave, it's the hottest place in town or maybe the thunder down under Yeah of porn stars, mainstream film or theater actors yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, an actor, okay, get naked?
Speaker 8: A naturalist, A naturist naturalist, a nude resort staff member, working as a bar it's expected.
Speaker 1: I feel like, man, maybe that's different. I don't know. Go ahead, this is what it.
Speaker 8: Says, working as a bartender, grounds keeper. Why do you get to get naked to be a bartender keeper?
Speaker 1: And is that a is that slang for something? Go molaw naked? This does sound like a good time. I get stung by bees again?
Speaker 8: Or administrator at dedicated clothing optional nudist resorts, nude service providers. Uh, nuclear power plant workers yep, never thought about that.
Speaker 1: For if you get exposed to radiation, they got to spray you down. YEA bio containment lab definition.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Another instance where if you get contaminated, they got to spray you down, get naked.
Speaker 7: Criminal yeah, controlled substance manufacturing.
Speaker 1: Ye. So meth makers think of like breaking bad when you know Walter White had to break you know, get down in his undies. Yeah, Denzel Washington movie where they're doing Blue Magic and he goes in and all the employees are naked so they don't steal. Yeah. And lastly here says prison inmate slash correctional workers. I don't know if the correctional officers. We've spoken to a lot of them over the years. None of them have ever said I had to get naked to get the job.
Speaker 7: Prisoners maybe, but that's not a job.
Speaker 12: No, No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you ever at a time when you're not liking your job, maybe show some gratitude that you're not being told to get naked, right because there aren't careers out there where that happens.
Speaker 8: Hey, if you go on indeed, there's a whole list of jobs nudity required. Really, Like, what is there read one independent contractor photo retoucher.
Speaker 1: Is that slang for something that's just one that came up. I feel like retoucher would be against the law.
Speaker 8: Right improv comedy actor for short form commercials.
Speaker 1: Why do you got to get naked?
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 1: Is that is the joke?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: Is my penis the joke in that part time nursing assistant. You don't, no, but nudity is required. You may see the people nude. Okay, pool manager and lifeguard. I don't know why you would see somebody naked, aquatics head coach, Okay, what else we got here? Bootique. I'm gonna go ahead and say this. I'm gonna gohead and say this feels need to be said. A coach does not need to see a player naked. That is not a necessary part about being a coach. No, there is no reason a coach should see a player naked, specifically at the high school, at middle school, elementary level, right right. I can't believe we got to say that. And I know some of you are like, well, in the locker room, don't defend it, right, it's weird to defend it here? Do you should go? Yeah?
Speaker 7: That makes sense?
Speaker 2: You remember the scoliosis checks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do they still do that? I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't have kids in school anymore. When when mine were in there, they never said anything about it. But it was always so weird to have to strip down to your underwear and bend over in front of this guy so we can rub your back.
Speaker 5: This is stripped down to your underwear. I don't remember.
Speaker 7: I didn't either.
Speaker 1: You just lifted your shirt up and you bent over and they ran their finger up your spine. Yeah. Many states still mandate or recommend postural screenings, and a large number of school systems have phased them out due to budget constraints, limited nursing staff, and shifting health priorities. Okay, I'm good, I'm good. They don't do life checks anymore either. No, right, bring you out in the hallway, and then the person that never came back. You knew, you knew, you knew. The only one that the only check that I'm aware of my kids do. And it maybe even volunteer. You can say no, it might be a hearing, hearing maybe vision, Okay.
Speaker 9: Hearing and vision. Yeah, and it's voluntary. You we have to sign a permission slip for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I always go no, she wears, you should know, she wears. I don't these glasses. She didn't need a.
Speaker 7: Vision check, do it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, we got to take a break. We want to know what was your worst summer BMMS and whatever that is? To eight two nine five twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of course, lid or whatever you want could be yours BMMS and what was your worst summer ever? To the phone number eight two nine four five. What was your worst summer? Twenty five dollars gift card could get you a twenty five dollars gift card, could get you a case of course liner, whatever else you want, but you got to answer that question. What was your worst summer BMMS and whatever that was? To eight two nine four five. It's time to play a game. Tickets to see Trivia for Grabs. Trivin is gonna be at Tulsa Theater on December fifteenth. Get your tickets Tulsatheater dot com. It is time for the numbers game and you call up to CIB what category you want numbers, percentages or averages. Lindsay's gonna step out of the room, won't hear the questions. Gimpeop will give you five questions. Answer the best you can. Lindsay will return, get the same five questions and if she does better, you don't get anything. I don't think you have to worry, though. Listeners more than double have won this year over her, so you have a chance to win those tickets. CE Trivium eight through three, four, six, Oh kmo d Let's go to the phone. See who we got. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name, Matthew, Matthew? How are you today, buddy good good man, Matthew? What category do you want?
Speaker 7: Numbers? Percentages or averages?
Speaker 1: Percentages?
Speaker 7: Percentages?
Speaker 1: It is? It's five questions from GIMPI just answer them the closest that you can.
Speaker 7: Okay, and then Lindsey will return. You get the same five questions.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? So here we golet you Reptiles are the most common exotic pet by what percentage? Nine percent? He says, Hey matt what percentage of US household's own an exotic pets?
Speaker 2: Four percent?
Speaker 1: Okurry, Hey matt what percentage of wild animals die during capture and transportation?
Speaker 12: Fifteen percent?
Speaker 1: Fifteen percent? He says, Hey matt Man, what percentage of exotic pet owners do zero research before getting their wild animal?
Speaker 12: Ooh uh, I would probably say like twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent, he says. Last one here matt Man.
Speaker 8: What percentage of reptiles carries salmonila in their faces?
Speaker 12: Oh lord, I have no idea on that one.
Speaker 13: Uh seventeen percent.
Speaker 1: Seventeen percent? Okay, behind, Lidy is gonna return. She's gonna get the same five questions if she gets more right than you do, our closest to the answer than you do, and she's gonna block you from getting tickets to see Trivium on December fifteenth at the Tulsa A Theater. Percentages is the category. Here's question one, Lindsay.
Speaker 8: Lindsey, reptiles are the most common exotic pet by what percentage?
Speaker 5: I'll say thirteen percent?
Speaker 1: Okay, lendsy.
Speaker 8: What percentage of US households own an exotic pet?
Speaker 5: Twenty percent?
Speaker 1: Okay, Lendsey.
Speaker 8: What percentage of wild animals died during capture and transportation?
Speaker 5: Forty seven percent?
Speaker 1: Forty percent? All right, Lendsy.
Speaker 8: What percentage of exotic pet owners do zero research before getting their wild animal?
Speaker 5: Seventy percent?
Speaker 8: Seventy all right, lendsay. Last one here, what percentage of reptiles carry salmonila.
Speaker 1: In their poop?
Speaker 5: Eighty five percent?
Speaker 1: Eighty five percent.
Speaker 7: How do you think she did there?
Speaker 1: Matthew, Uh, this is a wild one. I feel like this could go either way.
Speaker 13: Honestly, the terrible category for me.
Speaker 1: Same Well, next time, we'll let you pick, all right, gimpy, Let's go with question one. Question number one, reptiles are the most common exotic pet by what percentage? Matthew said nine percent and Lendsy said thirteen percent, and the answer is fifty one percent. Lindsey got found when she was closer at least, and that puts her up one to nothing. Now, Matthew, she needs three more? Are two more total for a three of total? Hi?
Speaker 7: Super you to win?
Speaker 2: So are for her?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's questions too.
Speaker 8: Number two, what percentage of us household's own an exotic pet? Matthew said four percent, Lendsay said twenty percent of them do, and the answer is nine percent.
Speaker 1: Excellent job, Matthew.
Speaker 7: You're on the board.
Speaker 1: It's tied one to one. We're gonna see who'snna win those tickets see Trivium on December fifteenth.
Speaker 7: That to tell us the theater. Here's question three.
Speaker 8: When the question was asked what percentage of wild animals die during capture and transportation? Matthew said fifteen percent of them do, Lindsey said forty seven percent. Damn near half of them. The answer is thirty percent.
Speaker 7: Matthew got that one right as well.
Speaker 1: He only needs one more to get those tickets to see Trivium on December fifteenth at the Tulsa Theater. Gets your tickets Tulsa Theater dot Com.
Speaker 2: Question four, Question number four.
Speaker 8: What percentage of exotic pet owners do zero research before getting their wild animal? Matthew said twenty percent. Lindsey said seventy percent. The answer is twenty five percent.
Speaker 1: Matthew, Congratulations, you're getting those tickets to.
Speaker 7: See Trivium December fifteenth.
Speaker 1: At the Tulsa Theater.
Speaker 13: Awesome, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Excellent job hanging the line, Buddy Quah. Last question, last one here?
Speaker 8: What percentage of retiles carry salvanilla and their pieces? Matthew said a mere seventeen percent of them do? Lindsey, almost none, My host Lindsay said eighty five.
Speaker 1: Percent almost all. The answer is ninety percent. No, yeah, damn here all of them. Yes, I would have said ninety nine. I would have guessed it would have been like the full number. Yeah, yeah, it doesn't matter. Though. Matthew got those tickets to see Trivium December fifteenth at the tuls Theater.
Speaker 7: Didn't win this week, don't worry.
Speaker 1: Tulsa Theater dot com. I can tease next week, can I right now? Since we know I don't see any reason why not.
Speaker 7: It's pretty big huge Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next week, all week we're getting rock We're giving away Rocklahoma tickets. So set a reminder save us as a preset on the free iHeartRadio app so you can win next week. Right now, though, we got a chance for you to win a twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of course light or whatever you want. Just answer this question for freakin' ay Friday. What was your worst summer? BMMS and whatever that is to eight two, nine, four five and give away some of those gift cards when we come back Shore of the Big Man Morning Show, Chad is on, Hey Chad, how are you fantastic? Are you good?
Speaker 11: Chad?
Speaker 7: What was your worst summer?
Speaker 11: Worst summer? Eighth grade year? We were at the creek. It was fourth of July having fireworks wars with my cousin and my three uncle or my two uncles and my dad. It was my cousin and I versus them. We were on the top of a hill. We had our fireworks firing at them. They were firing up at us. They decided to charge the hill. My cousin turns around and runs, leaving all of his fireworks on the ground. I had a bag full of fireworks, but it was full. His bag had a hole in it, so it was either leave the fireworks and give them additional AMMO, or try to take it with me. I had my swim suit on, so I stuffed all his fireworks in my pocket. So I've got my bag, I've got his in my pocket. I'm running downhill now because they're charging the hill. As I'm making the turn at the very bottom of the hill, start firing back at them. I saw I saw something out of the corner of my eye, and I thought, oh, well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What that was.
Speaker 11: A couple of minutes later, I filled the first firework in my pocket off what I had seen. My luck is my father had fired a pop bottle rocket from the top of the hill, and that bottle rocket just happened to go in the tiny slid hole in my swimsuit into one of my pockets full of fireworks, which had black cats, jumping jacks, you name it there. It was the jumping jacks that did it. So they start going off. I freak out. I got to take my shorts off. Realized I didn't want them coming off when I was diving off the rocks earlier, so I had double knotted my shorts, so I can't get them off. So I start smacking my pocket with my hands trying to get them to stop. That's not working. Remembered what you're told as a child about fire stop dropping rolls, So that doesn't work with fireworks going off in your bucket. I jumped back up. By this time my dad had noticed what was going on. He runs down to the bottom of the hill. The fireworks were almost all expired, and he rips that his knife cuts off my shorts, exposing knees and all of my everything to everybody at the creek. So now my leg's blowing up. Standing there naked. It is the creek, it is fire. So I run to the creek and I'm just sitting there naked, thinking about what has happened. They pack up. Can't we go to the hospital. They tell me you have third degree burns. You burned off all your skin all the way from your waist down to your knee. So the rest of that summer was spent indoors in front of the air conditioner, that's watching TV or whatever. And then I was supposed to clean it ever so often hurt like help. I didn't do a very good job. I think once a week or so I had to go back leg and that was horrible, absolutely horrible. So ruin the rest of my summer.
Speaker 1: Oh can you still see the markings?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 11: Actually I show my wife every once while. I'm like you said, you almost never know. I think I'd get to be a few but not written now. Hair has thrown back everything you know though. I'm forty seven now, so you wouldn't know if you didn't know.
Speaker 1: That's an amazing story, good enough to win some beer. Get me tell him exactly what he's.
Speaker 7: Gonna get.
Speaker 1: Pardins lest summers when he burnt his little pepe on a spotlight in college. Here's a twenty nine dollars gift card to get you some cars, light or whatever you may want back to you guys, hang online, buddy, so gimp you can get your info. Have a fantastic weekend you too, Thank ye. Let's see we give you as in it four by four.
Speaker 8: Well, well, it is is heah that Republicans push to scrap automatic voter registration after software glitch. New Jersey Republicans are pushing to end automatic voter registration at the state's Motor Vehicle Commission after officials revealed thousands of non US citizens.
Speaker 1: Were mistake acn leay registered and about four hundred cast cast ballots.
Speaker 8: GOP lawmakers have introduced legislation that would eliminate automatic registration, require voter ID, and mandate regular independent audience of voter rolls. The proposal follows the gubna's announcement that a software glitch caused the registration areas between twoenty and twenty three and twenty and twenty four. Trump announces AI Data Center Power Pledge. President Trump is announcing a commitment from major utilities and companies that consumers will not bare the extra electricity cost of the AI Data center expansions across the US. Speaking from the EPA headquarters yesterday, Trump detailed the updated and detailed the updated rate payer protection pledge meant to reduce the burden of potentially skyrocketing electric bills for consumers while still keeping an edge in the AI race. Trump Trump said that the plan included letting the tech companies build their own power plants.
Speaker 1: White House says major utilities including.
Speaker 8: Next, Next, Next Era, and Duke Energy have signed signed on, along with Google, Microsoft, Meta, Oracle, Open Ai, and Amazon.
Speaker 1: So two energy companies. I think no one's ever violated a pledge, right. I took that deer pledge back in school. Yeah, look at me now anyway.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 8: Rubio says Trump's policy for Iran war is quote head for an eye. Secretary of State Marco Rubio. That doesn't make any sense, but the news was length this morning.
Speaker 1: UH.
Speaker 8: Secretary of State Marco Rubio says Iran will pay a very heavy price for its military actions against the US. Rubio issued the warning yesterday at a summit of Asia nations in the Philippines. The warning was in response to a statement made by Iran's foreign minister that Tehran's policy for war with the US is an eye for an eye. Rubio then warned that President Trump's policy is ahead for an eye.
Speaker 1: Huh, it's making up word.
Speaker 8: And lastly, here Tulsa, Tulsa hotel tax hike for tourists had totally had to voters.
Speaker 7: It's tumultuous right.
Speaker 8: The law given the city Council's approval July twenty second, Tulson's get to vote on whether tourists should face a higher tax when.
Speaker 1: Visiting an updated hotel.
Speaker 8: Excise tax would be nine point nine percent instead of the current five percent if passed. This is the first time first. This is the first time raised the tax since the nineteen eighties. The biggest chunk of revenue from the tax would go to the interior fixation is at Rvest Convention Center and the Bok Center beginning in January.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, like Corbyn said, we are giving away tickets to Rockklahoma next week.
Speaker 5: But you could head on over to.
Speaker 9: The free iHeartRadio app or kmod dot com and register to win tickets to Rockklahoma a little early if you would like.
Speaker 8: Good luck, Good morning, Kimpy, Morning Corman. So you just got your first keyword to get you a thousand dollars cash for gas. If you're like me and missed that keyword, it's okay. You've got other chances throughout the day. Just keep on listening.
Speaker 1: You take that keyword, plug it on and over at the website that rocks were right there on the contest to have on the free iHeartRadio and get yourself one thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: All right, time for Taser Time trivia.
Speaker 1: This is where we shock each other if you don't know the answer to questions that we've all put in a pot for the grabs. And so KIMPI went last the previous time we played. So he will be drawing a name to see who goes first. All right, this one is m Lindsey. Lindsay will be going first, and so I'll do the shocking and Gimpy will ask the questions. These are questions she, Gimpy and myself have put into the ball, so she may get her own question, or she'll get one about family guy beverage. I changed it up this time.
Speaker 7: I'm sure you did the inner workings of Call of Duty.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right.
Speaker 7: Question is because you're worth it is a slogan from which brand.
Speaker 1: Is worth it?
Speaker 5: Because you're worth it, I believe is Laurel.
Speaker 1: Final answer, because you're worth it as a slogan from which brand you say Loreal it is real it's more French, right, yeah, oh yeah, all right, good job I couldn't have gotten that one.
Speaker 8: Here's a thick one, very girthy. Let's see here, lensy, what device in the engine keeps the coolant moving? What device and the engine keeps the coolant moving?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 9: The radiator is the first thing that came to my mind, So I'm gonna say radiator.
Speaker 1: Final answer, What device in the engine keeps the coolant moving?
Speaker 8: You said radiator? The answer is water pump? Oh see, radiator is just what houses the cooling?
Speaker 5: Okay, wherever? I don't give a crap, get it overwhere that thing's been on the jaja?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Question three?
Speaker 1: Last one? Here, another girthy one. All right, all right, lendsy ye? Did Scooby do first air on telephace?
Speaker 7: Goodnesses? Every time we do them, we're getting closer to the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, What.
Speaker 1: Year did Scooby Dooby do first air on television?
Speaker 5: I have no idea, so I am going to just guess. Because it's a gimpy question. I'm going to go with a giggity nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 8: Finally, answer, what year did Scooby Doo first air on television? You set a very giggity nineteen sixty nine. It is a very giggity nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 5: Witty, that's a total guess.
Speaker 1: We know you told usations. All right, Lindsay's now going to draw a name to see who's going to be going next in daser time tribut While she's doing that, what was your worst summer? Bem am masking whatever that is to eight two, nine four five A twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of course light or whatever you want.
Speaker 5: Could be yours A giggitdy gimpy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll ask the questionqestionis Lindsay will be doing the shocking. Let's go with question one. What is a male deer commonly called what is a male deer commonly called a male deer a dough a deer? A female deer is a dough, but they're commonly called Buck's final answer, what is a.
Speaker 7: Male deer commonly called?
Speaker 1: You said buck? The correct answer is buck or stag? What is the maximum number of players a team has on the field at one time in men's lacrosse? What the what is the maximum number of players a team has on the field at one time in men's lacrosse? Is there a different number for women's you think it would be the same all the way around. Do women even play lacrosse? See? These are all questions that I have that I don't know the answer to anything. Lacrosse twelve final answer shocked me. What is the maximum number of players a team has on the field at one time in men's lacrosse?
Speaker 7: You said twelve? The correct answer is ten.
Speaker 2: Oh, bitch, I was close.
Speaker 1: Oh anything about lacrosse? Last one? Last one? What is the bowling term for scoring three strikes in a row?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: What is the bowling term for scoring three strikes in a row?
Speaker 1: Let's see here, could be called a hat trick, right, I know in darts it's called a hat trick. I think in hockey it's also called a hat trick.
Speaker 8: You would think in bowling it would be called a hat trick, but it's actually called a turkey.
Speaker 1: Finalancer, what is the bowling term for scoring three strikes in a row? You said gobble, gobble, and the answer is Google Google. Yah, I'm hoping I would have got that one. Yeah. Well, that means when we come back, it'll be my turn to go. We want to know what's your worst summer? Bmmss at whatever that is to eight two twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of course Liner or whatever else you want could be yours BMMS and whatever that is to eight two nine four five. Good text coming in because we're giving away beer a twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of course Liner or whatever you want for freakin a Friday. What was your worst summer BMMS and whatever that is or was to eight two nine four five, will give away some beer coming up here in a minute. Lindsey and Gimpia have both gone for taste or time trivia. Lindsay got shocked once and Gimpy got shocked once, if I'm remembering that correctly, and so it is now my turn see if we can keep that trended going. And Lindsay is going to be reading the questions and Gimpy is going to do the shocking. Here's question one.
Speaker 9: Corbyn, which critter is such a drama queen that it plays dead when things get tough.
Speaker 1: Let's see Potamus no lion, Nope, ah. I may get caught on a technicality here because I don't know if it's a possum or possum.
Speaker 7: I'll go possum.
Speaker 9: Final answer, which critter is such a drama queen that it plays dead when things get tough, you say a possum. The correct answer is a possome.
Speaker 5: Good job.
Speaker 7: There's got to be another one.
Speaker 1: Ah, there's gotta be I don't think there's gotta be another animal out there that plays dead.
Speaker 5: And I don't know if uh dogs you can train them to.
Speaker 1: Some some you can. Uh.
Speaker 2: There are.
Speaker 1: Other animals that drop into a katonic state, possums, ducks and birds, rabbits, a chich lid, and some insects and red back spiders.
Speaker 7: So there you go, not just possum a possums.
Speaker 5: Question to you.
Speaker 9: On which reality TV show did Spencer Pratt first become widely known?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I'm gonna take a giant stab at this. I've got like a weird crush on Kristin Cavalieri and I think she was on this show with Spencer and Heidi. And I don't even know if I'm gonna name that show right because people thought the show was real like a reality show, but it was a scripted show.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The Hills final answer sure.
Speaker 9: On which reality TV Showedd Spencer Pratt first become widely known.
Speaker 5: You said the Heels. Final answer, you act like you weren't a fan. The correct answer is The Hills.
Speaker 7: I mean I wasn't. I've never seen an episode ever. I just explained it.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 1: Was Christian Cavalary on that show? Yeah, okay, and Heidi and Spencer, Well you only know Heidi because of Spencer, like they are a couple. They became like a thing, right, Yeah, I only know Christan Cavalari because she married the football.
Speaker 7: Player and then they broke up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it. I'm I have no idea what the concept of the show is about other than I think it.
Speaker 5: I think it was I don't think it was scripted. I don't know. I didn't watch it either.
Speaker 1: But uh, question three, So that means if I follow the trend, that means I'm getting shocked on this one. Oh, because that means because you guys did two and got one shock, so I've gotten two. Right. Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 9: What noisy early riser did Ancient Romans ban from public places so they could sleep.
Speaker 1: In hmm, construction workers, m M, garbage men. This could be a trick question. You get caught. I may get caught in this because they may have put down chicken. It may say rooster, but I think roosters are the ones that cockadoodle do. I'm gonna go rooster.
Speaker 9: Final answer, what noisy early riser did ancient Romans ban from public places so they could sleep in?
Speaker 5: You said rooster? And the correct answer is the chick.
Speaker 1: Roosters, because you know, sometimes people say chicken, yeah, which I think covers it.
Speaker 7: I know technically it's not right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did. Huh. Apparently you get used to it. You stink, you know what I mean? Like there was no showers. Yeah, right, so listen, emperor needs this rest man.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: We'll cover them in honey or whatever, give them mirror plugs. Right. We learned that the servants got covered in honey to the emperor seep the flies away. Yeah, and that emperor said get that cock out of here. And did they have chicken? I know it sounds dumb to say it out loud. Did they have chickens in grease? And that was more of like a goat lamb scenario? Right, I'm sure they did.
Speaker 8: They borrowed one, got one from somewhere southeast Asia or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know where are chickens originated from. That's Asian if I remember correctly, Okay, so that would make sense.
Speaker 8: Then on the trade route they're like, hey, we got this, or the Asians were like, get here, I have a gift for you, because they were pissed off at the roosters too.
Speaker 1: Just give them to the Greek. Domestic chickens gallus gallus domesticus.
Speaker 2: For you.
Speaker 1: Nerds emerged from Southeast Asia, all right. Archaeological and genomic evidence indicates the initial domestication occurred around thirty five hundred years ago. And they haven't tasted good ever until you covered them in salts? So did they because it was a Roman question? Right? Yeah? So were they? When were they prevalent in Italy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Or Rome? I guess would be the correct term. Seventy three BC? Uh, third century BC?
Speaker 2: And the first.
Speaker 1: They were symbolic animals, okay, they had dolls. Really before chickens became a common meal, they had They held political and religious power. Roman generals kept chickens in cages and took them on military campaigns. They had to ban them because they're so loud. That feels dumb, I guess before battle the polarius polarius p U L l A r I U s parentheses. The chicken handler band name right right, the chicken handlers or poor name would throw grain to them. If the chickens ate greedily, it was an omen for victory. If they refused, it meant the God's disapproved. Uh huh. In a famous incident during the First Punic War, a guy's name I rung gonna try to say, grew angry when the sacred chicken refused to eat. He threw them into the sea, shouting if they won't eat, let them drink what a deck And they got their asses handed to them in a naval defeat. Sounds like their theory was correct. And then in late Roman Republican early Empire, the Roman shifted the relationship with chickens, pioneering some of the world's first large scale poultry farming techniques, including fatten them up using wheat bread soaked in wine or milk. Just a bunch of drunk ass chickens clucking around. Yeah. Whenever the Roman military conquered, they introduced chicken consumption. In Roman controlled Britain, chicken remains changed drastically from ritual burials to everyday food waste during the era. We're gonna do with all these chickens. You guys ain't going to bang him chickens? Are you do? I look like the kind of guy that would bang a chicken. So that Yeah, so the chicken and going to war was the groundhouse day back in the day. Yeah, they're like, this is gonna be winter. No, yep, I guess robing a dime. Man, the chickens, aren't they sir? We can't go the chicken did not eat, I'd be packed. How much? How much does he have to eat to be considered eating? Well, I mean you could eat just one little, you know, piece of gorn and consider eating. But they said greedily, so they have to be like all over to you bring up a valid plate. They knew to put the word greedily. How much is greedily? Then? I guess with one chickens pushing the other chicken out of the way. Then the last time you ate a meal greedily, I can't. I can't. Maybe we should start maybe at a buffet. Yeah, I guess that makes it because it's all you can eat. You gotta get your Money's worse yeah, but you're not sitting there, just mounted down as fast as you can just so you can get to the next place. Oh yeah, no, right, yeah, of course. Yeah, savor that crap. Yeah, you don't. Nobody savors a buffet. Oh, come on, you got the savor. It's the savory meat loaf. You just sit back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get a slice of pizza after there. Here's a buffet question for you. If you eat either one of you eat at a buffet and it's one of those type of foods that's in the warming tray that congeals or gets a film on it, do you stir it up and then get or do you just get and get the congeal in film?
Speaker 5: Oh no, you stir it up.
Speaker 1: To try and hide the congeal in the film because it goes back in there. Or if you've got a meat loaf where it's sliced and like hanging out, do you get one further back because it's moisted.
Speaker 8: Ye out, yes, and for the film and skin, you just go for a piece that's not that doesn't have that feel like a Hamburger steak in the gravy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Pretty much. Basically every time we go and I have to like, I'm like, what are we doing? They're making you work for your food. Man. It's like, it's not my job to stir this slot. But here I am. Why is it? When I got a spoonful, the top's a different color than the inside, right, always with mac and cheese.
Speaker 7: Oh that looks like good mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: Spoon into it. It's white. You're like, whoa, that doesn't say that is not the same color as on top. Uh it's toasted, sir, No, sure it is. No toasted isn't a completely different shade of orange? Right? Right?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: You mean old right right? You mean air dried? All right? We're giving away beer for friging Ay Friday. What was your worst summer? A twenty five dollars gift card to get a case of course, line or whatever you want could be yours, bmms and whatever that is to eight two nine four five.
Speaker 9: Good morning Corbyn em feverirthday to porn star.
Speaker 1: Uh oh are ready?
Speaker 9: Huh no there it is okay, Happy twenty ninth birthday to pornstar. Tan okay, sex chat gaines are real life ending. She's got love porn inked across her knuckles on both hands.
Speaker 1: She was talking about a too can right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, because they got one of those Good morning Gimpie, Good morning Corbyn. So you just got another keyword to you score yourself thousand dollars cash for gas.
Speaker 1: That keyword was rich. Taking on over to the website that rockscamitdy dot com, or if you're listening on the freegang or radio app, you'll hear this in about I don't know forty five seconds and then you can plug it in on the contestab Right there, that is Rich, good luck join.
Speaker 7: Us in the studio. Right now is our friend Mike from Andelini's Hey.
Speaker 2: Buddy, Hello, how are we doing good?
Speaker 7: What was your worst summer?
Speaker 10: Well, the summer of two thousand and two I spent in lovely Quantico, Virginia, at an exquisite resort known as Officer Candidate School, and I would say, while delightful, I don't want to go back.
Speaker 2: And then having to find out I had type one juvenile.
Speaker 10: Diabetes about eight days after getting out made that quite the interesting summer.
Speaker 1: Lindsay got a dog. I lived in an alley, so the same difference. Yeah, he had an old man slather his gel on him. The whole summer long, all summer summer. I left that part out, you know, and people leave out some of them really important details. So I liked it so much it kept going back. Mike is here for Willy Nilly, And if you're thinking about getting pizza this summer, it never disappoints to get pizza to be a part of your pool party or whatever.
Speaker 10: Right, we are available all day, every day. We pride ourselves eleven am till like ten pretty much every day, whether it's a Wasso janks we got you and on door dash or directly ordering from us at andropizza dot com or picking it up. And if you have not you go to our website put in some basic information. We'll give you a free order of garlic knots. Or if you see any of our videos on Instagram or just comment garlic, you're gonna get a free order of garlic knotch.
Speaker 2: Just to say, what up to you?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here because I wanted to ask you a really important question.
Speaker 7: You guys have gelato at your location.
Speaker 1: It's real Italian gelato, using original recipes and authentic equipment to make it correctly. And I've heard that the peach crop this year is not what everybody thought it was going to be. Are you gonna be able to do peach gelato?
Speaker 2: I don't know where we're at with it.
Speaker 10: I know it's less and we have not been doing as many customs are just getting really good at what we do. Well, here's the anomaly right now, there's so much online ordering and there's so many variabilities that it's hard to keep up with different flavors. We try and keep the basic flavors steady all day every day, so having variability of flavor is more of an in house and then if we make something that's a one off, you really got to come in store to see that. So with that said, that's my hope and goal, but I can't say for sure and we're going to pull it off this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You guys have so many great flavors of gelato, and when you have one like the peach gelato or the chocolate cake gelato, they always they always hit chocolate.
Speaker 10: Cake pretty much every day all day. And lemon a Malfi de gaia, that the lemon gelato, that's a big winner.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and.
Speaker 10: With the love of gelato, I want people to sleep on the Oreo cheesecake brownie. If you've not had that, it's all that that word is Oreo as a cheesecake but kind of like a brownie with whipped cream that we make in house. And uh, that is a good capper to any dessert as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, just dessert's always hit and you're right, people sleep on the desserts that you guys have. You've always delivered on those. Make sure you visit Angelini's and patios that you guys have shaded patios.
Speaker 10: We have shaded, covered, fanned, enclosed, gorgeous, delightful patios at all locations. But a wasso because well alasso, but the and I love a wasso, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: I start, but it doesn't really lend itself.
Speaker 10: Now with that said, the Cherry Street patios gorgeous, the Jenks Patio Pergola, we've invested a lot and to make really, really approachable, delightful handle the sun patios at all of our other locations.
Speaker 1: Will and rely anything you want to talk about, bring up something new, go back to something.
Speaker 7: It's your chance to own the show.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that Mike is an advocate for is local restaurants and local businesses, and you try to help them out the most that you can when they reach out to you.
Speaker 10: Right, I think anyone who's putting themselves out there as an entrepreneur is I respect it innately, but the problem is like, hey, I want to go out there. I don't want to have a daddy. But then there's no workflows, no like hey, how am I going to do this? So whatever any local business comes to us like hey how do I do this? Or what you guys have been in this for a while, whether it's just base level marketing or operating things with staff, and then there's a lot of like license and there's so much that goes into a restaurant beyond the food that it's we can help someone else out so that their dream is that much more likely to be a success.
Speaker 2: We want to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's when people ask me or they tell me about their business they're starting. I always point them to you as someone that can that can help them out because you've trudged through the dirt to get to where you guys are today.
Speaker 10: We definitely have and it's been a long trudge, you know. When we opened in Owasso, like I was twenty two. I'm forty four now, so it's like half my life. But on top of that, there was around forty restaurants that opened within three years of us opening and then thirty seven closed. And we're talking like big legitimate businesses. Your Ruby Tuesdays, Monaeys, like all these were up and then closed because everyone thought, oh, Awasso was just filled with new people, and it was. But if you're not all things awesome every day of the week to a blue collar audience and a white collar audience like Sperry construction worker and Lululemon mom, you will not survive Awasso.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's how I know Mike is from the Oasso location.
Speaker 1: My wife when I met her family, we met at Andelini and that's when Mike was working out of that location. Yes, so, but it's always never going to disappoint. And you guys do catering too. I've seen a lot of pictures online of people doing pizza, and your social media reels of people having pizza at their weddings.
Speaker 2: Weddings with pizza.
Speaker 10: Like, if it's your day, right, your day, what do you like to eat? Airline chicken or pizza? The more likely answer is pizza. Now if you want chicken and fish, huzza. We could do that too with Prasmo. But more likely or not, you got a big day, and if it's a budget issue at all, it's a great option. It's just an awesome option. No one's ever like, ohow that pizza. That wedding sucked. They only had pizza. Like to be like that one is awesome.
Speaker 2: They have pizza.
Speaker 10: So if you are potentially getting married, or there's a funeral or kid sania, whatever you have, we are happy to be there.
Speaker 1: And don't think that you can't have the football team feed either Ando Pizza dot com catering, they'll be able to help you out.
Speaker 2: Five or five hundred, even five thousand, we could pull it off.
Speaker 1: Or gaining a Guinness World record and a world record, Yeah, you guys can do that too. Willing only anything you want to talk about, bring up something new, go back to something, Mike, do they ever do gelato over espresso? With the pistachio we have, we don't.
Speaker 10: Have our espresso like we won't have espresso at the source. That's an alpha gado. It's delightful. We don't have it right now, but if you wanted to it's a lovely thing. Like alpha gado is something we try to happen and not everyone latched onto it. And it is a very curated dessert, but it's awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 7: It's like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: For those who know, it's milk gelato and a shot of espresso over the top and it just turns into this creamy coffee deliciousness. When you were doing them at the airport location, I would always get one. So here it is six am or whatever and I'm standing there with an alfi gatto trying to drink it and it's like, what is that thing? It's still because it's not traditional, but you can do it over any flavor, can you?
Speaker 2: You absolutely can.
Speaker 1: It does not need to be milk. This as a text Mike is catering for my wedding. What pizza does he recommend as a favorite for events?
Speaker 10: Very solid question and thank you. The DeMarco is the best crowd pleaser because here's the thing. Out of DeMarco one, it travels very well, like a big combination pizza. While I love it, all the vegetables are going to weigh it down. So DeMarco is very easy to travel On top of that, you can be construction worker Gary or a Lululemon mom and you're feeding like one hundred different people. Everyone's gonna like that pizza, whether even if they're like vegetarian, they can eat it. So's we look at those when we're doing events like how can we feed the most amount of people in the highest likelihood of happiness effectively?
Speaker 2: And that pizza kills on that.
Speaker 10: Along with that, the Brooklyn Skimorza, which is like a pivot of the DeMarco, is super fun.
Speaker 2: We have that here today with smoke, mozzarella and ricotta.
Speaker 10: And then if you do have people that like meat, the vesuvia with chicken or the SPQR, those both travel impeccably.
Speaker 1: Well, we're getting a lot of pizza questions. Mike, are you gonna be at Oklahoma this year?
Speaker 10: Well, the food truck absolutely will be, and I gotta come visit. I usually do for an afternoon. I'm not there till eleven at night, seeing as how I am an elder statesman at this point, but yes, I will be at Wrocklahoma.
Speaker 1: What pizza toppings get way too much hate.
Speaker 10: The pineapple is like if someone's a pineapple of pizza, Like, that's such an antiquated basic thing because it just what fruit on pizza doesn't deserve a place. Well, you could say pineapple, but if it's dull pineapple, which is a really high end, there's like no better pineapple than Dolcan pineapple.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 10: You know, it's also a fruit tomato, and you don't mind that on your pizza. So it's just a lame argument. But if you don't want it, don't order it. But I don't see a good reason to hate on someone else for having it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that goes to the next question. You only get three toppings for a pizza forever?
Speaker 5: What are the lindsay, I'm taking bacon for sure.
Speaker 1: No, cheese does not count as a top.
Speaker 10: I would say, let's say it's a cheese based So you have cheese, you have your pizza, sauce, you have your dough.
Speaker 2: Now move on. What else could you add?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because my kids love bacon on their pizza and they kind of have me hooked on it.
Speaker 5: I like it, hmm.
Speaker 2: And I.
Speaker 5: Really enjoy.
Speaker 9: Basil, and I really enjoy mushrooms on my pizza. But I don't know if the basil in the mushroom. So I'm gonna go with bacon mushroom, andy onion.
Speaker 10: Onion, Wow, red yellow, red, pickled, caramelized.
Speaker 5: Oh, caramelized, Yeah, like caramelized yellow.
Speaker 1: We got three. We were lucky, we got three. Gimbi pepperoni, back all those onions.
Speaker 10: Take your pick, Mike, cup and char pepperoni, pepper duo peppers sausage.
Speaker 1: I would do pepperoni, green olives and uh honey.
Speaker 2: Hot honey or honey yeah honey, yeah, a honey, there it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, cup and char pepperoni. You can't go wrong. And you've introduced me to cup and char sausage. Oh, that is a great point. The cup and char sausage is slept on right now. I guarantee you ninety nine percent of the audience is not engaged in the cup and chart sausage.
Speaker 7: It's an actual piece of meat that goes on the pizza.
Speaker 1: Gimpie. Oh you're not cupping sausage then, okay?
Speaker 2: And then it both cups and chars, which you want out of your charge.
Speaker 1: It's in the neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's see if your co host was kidnapped and you had to make the appearance on the news to plead their release. How would you describe him like they're old, the smile lights up the room kind of thing. Oh gosh, just pick one of us, Lindsay, you don't have to do both of.
Speaker 2: Us such a question. I know.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna pass.
Speaker 1: Okay. Gimpy, Uh, he's a wee little fella.
Speaker 8: He only comes around once a year, usually hides in trees dressed in green, and you might find him with a pot of gold.
Speaker 1: Lindsey, Uh, Yeah, I would say it's a guy who looks like he's trying to be a biker, but he's got a little tiny arm. Easy enough.
Speaker 2: Who are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Right to me? That feels pretty the only it's the easiest person to describe. I think it is right. Look for the guy who has an arm that looks like a paenis. Yes. Yeah. Which one of you would survive longest on naked and afraid?
Speaker 7: Lindsay?
Speaker 5: It depends on what season it is, but I feel like I would, especially if it was in the colder months.
Speaker 9: The bug depending on where we are, too, because if the bugs are a factor, I might tap out early. But if I can stand the bugs, I'm making it.
Speaker 1: Kimpy, I want to say myself, simply because I don't have family and kids at home waiting for me, so I can sit there by myself, no problem.
Speaker 5: You disagree, I'm gonna vacation away from my kids.
Speaker 1: What about you, Mike, What do you think who of.
Speaker 2: The three of you can last the longest?
Speaker 10: We're going based on survival skills and the ability to take little to no food.
Speaker 1: That's the predicate, right, I think that's the misconception of the show. But yes, I think people think that's what it takes. But there are plenty of people that get on that show that are well proven outdoorsman survivalists and can't hack it.
Speaker 2: Oh so the mental game, who has the mental game to just eat the pain?
Speaker 1: It is a mental fortitude game.
Speaker 2: If I'm going I.
Speaker 10: Would be inclined to believe that you, out of just pure angry spite, would stick it out.
Speaker 1: It's not a horrible take. Yeah, it's not a horrible take to me. This is a quite easy answer. And it is not. Lindsay not because she's not an outdoors person. Not because I mean it gets a little too cold in here and she's complaining. Eh, that is true, right, And when your kid's gone on a mission trip or whatever you're you can't wait to get back to him. That's true, So I think you would be the first one to break from that standpoint. It is definitely not me because I don't have to prove anything to anybody. Gimpy is easily the one and has the track record of putting up with stuff he doesn't want to put up with, and he can turn a blind eye and compact it down. The only pressure point for Gimpy would be running out of cigarettes, right yeah, and no alcohol and no weed. See. Now here's the thing.
Speaker 7: Twenty one days.
Speaker 8: Where I make it afraid, I can find a way to I can find fruit around and mayment it. Right, So I'm getting drunk off a rotten fruit. I will find whatever plant, I'll smoke it. We'll see what it does.
Speaker 1: My favorite episode of Naked and Afraid was it Naked Afraid or Alone?
Speaker 7: And he ate tomatoes before they sent him out.
Speaker 1: Uh huh yeah, and then he cultivated the tomato seeds brilliant and planted tomato seeds. He's got food, no problem. Within thirty days he had food. Yeah, that was on a loan. That's a wild spie. You're right, not enough spie.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna go that far, why not just eat a baggie of seeds like he just.
Speaker 1: I think because there's you can easily go what I just had tomatoes. Oh, because they're gonna call you out, Yes, if you nefariously you know, you know, keystart or muled some seeds, and I think they would have a problem with that.
Speaker 7: That feels against the rules.
Speaker 1: Poppies growing here give mese like got weed. Plants growing. It's the hell out of me. I'm sorry. What cup and char sausage? I know what I'm doing for lunch day? Can people come and just order a cup and char sausage pizza?
Speaker 2: Yes, we can do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your guys is ingred technology wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. If you had to eat only one fast food restaurant forever and know others, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Hmmm?
Speaker 5: Probably Wendy's. Yeah, I love the dip in the fries and the frosty. It's awesome.
Speaker 8: Gimp man, I'll tell you what it was going to be, Carls Junior. That's my go to right, But lately I'm getting so tired of fast food burgers and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's just makes me feel gross.
Speaker 8: But Charlie's Chicken has a drive through, and that's the definition of fast food.
Speaker 1: So I'm going with Charlie's.
Speaker 7: Mike, come intrigued, what your answer is gonna be?
Speaker 2: The gut reaction would be in and out.
Speaker 10: But here's why it's not because with the Also, I'm gonna say this to all Oklahoma's you don't have a proper respect for Jacket a Box. Oh, this state does not respect jacket a Box like the like the West Coast, Because at jacket a Box you could have it a fantastic breakfast or perhaps a.
Speaker 2: Little Asian some egg rolls.
Speaker 10: You can have thecacos with Mexican or an impeccable burger, all at jacket a Box. So if I'm choosing one location to ride out the days of my life, it will be with Jack.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I almost said Jack in the Box too, because their egg rolls are salammon.
Speaker 2: Tacos are slamming y egg rolls are slamming.
Speaker 10: Burger is awesome, solid ass fries, and a breakfast menu that does not quit with a hash brown sandwich that begs to be fought.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad argument. I was trying to think of a loophole like a cava kava cava. I don't think they have a drive trail, So I'm gonna go with mcallisters. Okay, McAllister's Deli.
Speaker 5: They haven't drived through.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. Yeah, healthy option, sandwiches, salad, strowmi man.
Speaker 7: I got pretty good straw.
Speaker 5: Sometime I have baked potatoes. I should have picked that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Uh that's a that's a pretty good take.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you this to Mike with there's been all this talk about the lettuce situation and the cyclosporus situation. How when you're running a restaurant do you decide, hey, this is we need to stop having lettuce on them, Like how in this situation or have you guys had an evaluation like, hey, does this make sense or it doesn't affect us? Even though it probably doesn't, there's still a perception.
Speaker 2: But lettuce, well, we're always king leu.
Speaker 10: Anytime anything like this happens, we have we're buying produce from people who know where it came from.
Speaker 2: They're on it more than we are.
Speaker 10: They're the ones who say, hey, there's an issue with this state or whatever, so we stopped, or they're they're coming into the restaurant to recall it. So even if we were restaurant dumb assays which were in there's already protocols in place. With that said, then it becomes a perception thing and people will just buy it last and if they do bring it up already ask we're you know, saying what's happened and that we get our are you know these are not blood diamonds.
Speaker 2: These are safely procured pieces of.
Speaker 7: Lettuce British Leonardo DiCaprio, Is it procuring it?
Speaker 2: No, not in a dangerous way that that hurts people by the.
Speaker 1: Point, hopefully hopefully yes. Uh, what's the best best fast seafood, best fast seafood? What do you think, lindsay.
Speaker 5: Fast food seafood. I'm going with Long John Silvers or is that Captain D. I've never had Captain D.
Speaker 9: So I'm going with fast food or with Long John Silvers because you know, I eat it probably maybe once every.
Speaker 5: Three to five years, and I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. You're right, Mike, I can't think of another fast food seafood place who's asking that it's exit came?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 10: The people love John Silver's trying to get a plug, because that's the only option.
Speaker 7: Right Captain D's up in the Wasso, that's the only one that I know.
Speaker 10: There's an Luasso has not had a car in that drive through line in twenty years.
Speaker 1: Sadly, there was only a lot of cars in the drive through when that woman got attacked with a hammer.
Speaker 2: All right, I beg the question what is going on there? I'm calling shit? Not want to be in front right that. If there's ever a front in a Wasso, it's that crab Kings.
Speaker 7: But I don't think that that's it.
Speaker 2: That's not fast food.
Speaker 1: That's not White were Fish Market. That's not fast food.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there isn't there's that's.
Speaker 2: It the filet of fish. Are we rocking with that?
Speaker 8: I don't other than that, no Ah, man, that's it that Even the AI says long John Silver's and Captain D's are the only ones.
Speaker 1: You're getting Angie's fishing Wings at fifty first and Sheridan.
Speaker 2: Is that fast food?
Speaker 1: They got to drive through?
Speaker 2: All right? Fine? Then then they win.
Speaker 1: Good? Yes, they got it, they get it, Angie. I don't even know where to go from that one.
Speaker 2: No one's like, you know what I want with my fish? Speed?
Speaker 1: Right, who can make fish the fastest in the quality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speed's the answer to Indeed, I have a hanker.
Speaker 1: Right is crouting me? Is seafood?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: This week's special tilapia is seafood the hardest food ingredient to get correctly and deal with correctly in a landlocked state, because I have an argument that this is not a thing anymore.
Speaker 2: It's not a thing. It's totally us. Like now, there's a few places like if you're.
Speaker 10: In Maui and you go to Mama's, Yeah, you're having someone who really got the fish that morning.
Speaker 2: And there's a value to that.
Speaker 10: Places like Nobu, whether it's in the UK, Vegas around the coast, is because they're getting it flown in daily same So that's what they're doing. Everyone else I'm buying if I'm here in Tulsa or if I'm in Galveston, it's coming off the same truck with a frozen item that is one to two to three days old that you're cooking off if and here in Tulsa you can get it from Bodin's, which a lot of these places that get something they're getting from Bodeans, who's getting it extremely quickly. And it's a reseal thing. So we are just as if not more primed than most cities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I people, it's an old school thinking that you don't get fit. You know, good seafood in Oklahoma. Well you give good pizza Andelini's, that's for sure, good gelato and we need to We brought this up, Lindsay actually brought up earlier.
Speaker 7: Is Prosmo and Sundays and brunch.
Speaker 10: Prosimo brunches people, it's a very nice brunch our. Our chefs are really solid chefs, and I would you know that team is the best team I think we've ever had under our and Chef Scott and his whole crew and the gm Allen like they deliver impeccable service. They are solid, solid humans and the food represents that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so make sure you look at those places up. If you're looking for catering for an event and a pizza, we'll do catering. They don't cater just pizza. They do other things as well. Think about the gelato that guys can do big orders of that as well. Right, we can anything you fancy.
Speaker 10: My favorite, I mean a crap ton of pizza with garlic knots is great for an event, uh prosmo anything for a nice event, especially with the Fetichini Alfredo. And you know what, people, a great item is the Metropolis cheese steaks. Like Metropolis cheese steaks. I love that cheese steak. Kidding a whiz Ribbi cheese steak on an Amorosa roll and having like twenty of those for party.
Speaker 2: That's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And though for those who know that's that mother road market.
Speaker 10: That mother Road market also available Metropolis just google it or on DoorDash.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to take a break, Mike, thanks for coming by. Thanks you guys, and make sure you text us. We want to know what was your worst summer BM Mass and whatever that is to eight two nine four five. We'll be back. I've been asking people to answer this question, who was your worst summer BM Mass and whatever that is? To eight two nine four five. We get you on the phone. You're gonna get a twenty five dollars gift card to get a case for a course light or whatever else you'd like. A right, man, it looks like we got a last one. Daniel is on with us. Hey Daniel, how are you?
Speaker 12: I'm doing? Just fun? How about so good?
Speaker 7: Daniel, what was your worst summer?
Speaker 12: Well, back in the twenty twenty one at the beginning of the summer is probably a May close to June. I was out working on my g doing some fun end work. Well had a pretty sharp raising blade at the top of cunting over the box. Well, I guess I must have rent it over the top of my fingers. I got to pick up the pool and I'm trying to figure out why can I not pick up this tool. I look, I'm all my fingers hanging off to the side. So I hauler out my wife. I'm like, hey, I need a band aide. She comes out there and she goes, you need more than a band aid. I needless to say, I had to have it surgically repaired put back together. That whole summer was pretty much doing after that.
Speaker 2: One yeake, that.
Speaker 5: Had you have been a pretty damn sharp razor blade for you.
Speaker 12: It didn't go all the way through, but it went halfway through the bone.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 12: It was pretty bad. I remember getting to the hospital. It was kind of funny because whenever my wife had she just dropped me off. As she went back home to the kids. One of the nurses go sorry, tell me the truth. Is she the one that catched you? And I'm like, well, does she look beat up to that nurse team in the weirdness?
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: What I was thinking is that You're right the sharpest, my worst cuts I've ever had. I didn't know I got them.
Speaker 12: I like I said, I didn't realize it, Like I'm my mind didn't process that. I'm down here trying to pick up a tool and I can't, like I said, I can't figure out, Hey, why isn't my hand not picking up this tool? And then it kind of dawns on me when I see the blood and I'm going cold, Yeah, that'll look it.
Speaker 1: How long did he take from to heal or did they could they not reattach them?
Speaker 12: They were able to reattach it and uh it too, because I guess the tendons, uh tendons and the muscles they healed slowly. I was wrapped up in a cast for about three or four months.
Speaker 7: And are you back to one hundred percent with them?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: And no.
Speaker 12: Sometimes that those tendons kind of like tight enough and they hurt explosion when it's cold.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Who missed them? More? You or your wife. What can be?
Speaker 8: Go ahead and tell them exactly this stupid thing logged out on us. If you hit the prize bed, I'll get it. Oh, it's what a turd this system is.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give me a second and got me off guard. I was, I wasn't ready.
Speaker 8: I go to hit the button and it's like, no, we're gonna log you out this bitch. Thanks dude, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I can go a cappella if you like. Yeah, go acapella ca. Yeah. What I had a pool swim to swim in this God damn I need my music. What I had a pool to swim in? This summer is Lindsay's worst summer. Have a twenty five dollar gift card and get some course light or whatever you like. Back to you guys. Uh yeah, hang online buddy, so gim peek can get your info. And thanks for sharing your story, man, h thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is a pretty cool story. If you're ready for college football.
Speaker 8: Hell yeah, I recently picked up College Football twenty six for the PlayStation.
Speaker 7: Really yeah, it feels like a new adventure for you.
Speaker 1: It is a new adventure for me.
Speaker 8: I've played Madden and so I've got the basic gist of how the game goes, but it's totally different. There's a lot of recruiting involved. I've got built my own. It's called the Road to Glory. So you start off as a high school player and then you work your way up to college and then through college up to.
Speaker 1: The pros or whatever. Yeah, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: You never want to pick that either.
Speaker 9: And I think I'm gonna ask Marcus if he has that game, you could play against him?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, Well, if you haven't heard, there's been some changes at the University of Texas. Sarkisian said that they had to let receiver Parker Livingston leave to free up money for the major transfer editions, including cam Coleman to Texas. Sarks said that in al Monley is not endless, so several good players had to go to create cap space. Right and Lyvingston was two seasons at Texas, catching twenty nine passes for five hundred and sixteen yards and six touchdowns, and more importantly, he was roommate to Archie Manny, and Livingston made the change and transferred directly to Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: All Right, Texas reportedly offered.
Speaker 1: Livingston a six figure deal, but he left looking for a better opportunity. John Mattier says the Sooners have asked Livingston what Texas was like, but claims they have not grilled him about schemes or the playbook. Really, so he thinks they're gonna they're gonna do that. Can they do that? They absolutely can do that. They probably absolutely have done that. Just keep your mouth shutbody asked, we didn't ask you. Sarks response to seeing Livingston in OU uniform. I hope we kick his ass. He chose to go there. He's on the other side, which is a classic Sarkisian statement. So the real question is what's that going to be like when there is the red rivalry, you know, Red River rivalry. Yeah, it's going to be a good game. It's always a good game. Oh yeah, for sure, but like there's a little bit more behind it now, I think anyway, Yeah, that bad blood. He's got vengeance because they let him go. They got vengeance because he went to the other team. We got to score. It'll all matter. All that revenge will feel just right in that moment, or you'll live with it forever. Start calling him, You'll be You'll be Robin Williams in Wildcats, No, not Wildcats, what's the movie with uh Kurt Russell and Robin Williams and reliving high school best of times, reliving that high school. Robin Williams can't let it go that he dropped the pass. Yeah, and he convinces Kurt Russell, I think they're like thirty maybe forty, to get everybody back together to play the game again. And this time he wants the vindication because Robin Williams character has life, has fallen, apart, divorced, all that, so he wants to win his wipe out all these things.
Speaker 7: That's fantastic, trash movie.
Speaker 1: Entire life hinges on this one game. Yep, yep, yep. It's fantastic if you've never seen its good classic eighty six movie. We got to take a break and we'll be back.