Speaker 1: Five O five. If it's O k r C detalk Jason at the Friday say it is a vacation. Well, who for Friday? Even though World War three is breaking out, some may say that anyway, try to have a happy Friday. It's about what's going on in the world. Yeah, Israel's launching an attack against the Iranian nuclear facilities. Got some details on that we can go over, But first, it's Friday the thirteenth. For the suspicious out there. Uh, don't count me among them. Anyway. Tech Friday a day hatter every Friday six thirty. We got meta planning to replace humans with AI to assess privacy and scietal risks. Just wondering how humans assess societal risks anyway, Guilty by algorithm, a secret algorithm, and zero transparency. Welcome to artificial intelligence justice. I'm curious about that one. Plus Apple paying customers ninety five million dollars in series spying settlement, and information on how you can get your probably tiny fraction of the payout. Adam Kaylor returns to the studio. Adam's going to be talking about an event that's coming to Cincinnati AT's American Truth Summit. You think artificial intelligence is of alved with that, Joe Ken Williamson, that'd be Joe Streker, execut producer the fIF five Gades of Morning Show and the guy who lines up the guests. Appreciate what you do every day, Joe Strecker. Let's see here. Ken Williamson, good man veteran. Ken Williamson always invites me to say a few words of the flag retirement ceremony in Union Township, which I will be doing tomorrow. We'll talk about the flag retirement ceremony. You are welcome to go. Pretty nice event. It's it's always you know, it's a small gathering of folks, so there's boy Scouts there and we learn the steps and appropriate processes to properly retire a flag respectfully and properly. Also learn what the flag means, you know, the blue section WANs, what each of the stripes means. It's it's It's a nice solemn ceremony and I enjoy participating in that every year. Fills me with patriotism and filling me with beer and awesome food. The Culping Society which shots infests this weekend another alternative to going out and protesting in the streets so there's all kinds of events going on this week, and I just I love the local German societies are just wonderful. People. Give me to the kite, which we will all experience together at least get a taste At eight oh five. Feel free to call five one three seven hundred two three tako with time five five on AT and T phones. Details are still coming in about this Israel strike in Iran, but Israel did attack the Iran's capital today, actually targeting nuclear program, and they actually killed a couple of the top military officials in Iran, and the Iranian news even reported that, so there seems to be no doubt that these guys are dead. Israel military also said it completed widespread attack on air defenses in western Iran, destroying dozens of radar installations and service to air missile launchers. Appeared certain to trigger a reprisal, and in fact it did, Supreme Leader Ayatola Ali Kamani warning that severe punishment would be directed at Israel, and that's when the Iranians began firing drones into Israel. Rak said more than one hundred drones had crossed over its airspace, and later Jordan said its Air Force and Defense system had started intercepting and shooting down some drones that had entered its air space because they feared that they would fall into their territory. The little cooperation there around the fringes. Apparently, the Israeli attacks hit several sites, including the country's main nuclear enrichment facility. Reports of black smoke seen rising in the air. Leader of Iran's paramilitary Revolutionary Guard, General Hossain Salami, is no longer with us, one of the ones the Iranian state television report had had in fact then killed probably targeted. I heard some reports this morning in the news there were some live news going on. Gottfeld preempted during my morning drive to report on the live activities going on in this conflict that the Iranian IDF or the Israeli Defense Forces had embedted some folks within or very close to Iran in order to launch some closer attacks. So it may be that they targeted these folks. Chief of Staff of Iranian Armed Forces, General Mohamed Bagari, also no longer with us, as confirmed by Iranian state television. Others said that some top scientists as well as other top military officials believed to have been killed in the attacks. If you're bombing a nuclear facility, presumably there are scientists there. So part of the casualties in Washington, the Trump administration, they had been cautioning Israel about, you know, maybe not doing an attack because we had been negotiating with Iran over the nuclear and Richmond program. Things not going swimmingly. I might add one of the articles over this morning had a detailed account of each of the different times we sat down with the Iranians, and obviously nothing was really accomplished, but I think everyone can draw a conclusion. I didn't mention it. The other day it was reported widely that Washington had pulled American diplomats from Iraq's capital as well as some other countries around the Middle East, and issued some warnings about non essential personnel and recommending that they leave red flag Maybe perhaps so. I'm sure Washington was alerted to this. Israel, for its part, says these preemptive assaults a fight for Israel's survival and necessary to head off what they proceed to be the imminent threat. Rom was going to be building a nuclear bomb, and there's all kinds of speculation about when that might have happened. We all know that they were enriching uranium to military levels, and there was some concern that they might even have a nuclear weapon within a month, others saying it was a year or maybe perhaps even more off. So depending on where you look you get the news that you read. Benjaminett and Yahoo for his part on that topic, it could be a year, could no. This is in with regard to how long it was necessary to remove the perceived threat from Iran. It could be a year, it could be a few months. So they're in for the long haul. And he warned the citizens that there would be reprisals, obviously in the form of drone strikes, but he said it was a clear and present danger to Israel's very survival Iran. A couple of hundred Israeli aircraft were part of this mission, took off this morning or today anyway, hitting one hundred targets or roughly one hundred targets that according to the information from Brigadier General Fi Deferent. In a statement noting that the attacks were ongoing in the aftermath, he said Iran had launched more than one hundred drones toward Israel. And again, depending on where you read I've heard as many as two hundred the threats in terms of drones ongoing, and you know this is going to continue for a while, that air defense systems are acting to intercept those threats. According to the general airspace shut down, as one might imagine, Israel, rock, Iran, and Jordan all shutting down their airspace. It was weird. I saw a graphic. It looked like one of those real time where the aircraft were in the region, and after these Israeli attacks happen, you could see all these aircraft just moving out of the general area. It's kind of creating this hole where aircraft otherwise would have been flying around. Netanyau expressed hope that the attacks would trigger the downfall The'ron's theocracy, saying in a message directed to the Iranian people that the fight was not with them, but with the in his words, brutal dictatorship that has oppressed you for forty six years, saying, I believe that the day of your liberation is near. Well, perhaps these kind of things tend to unify people. We have a lot of political division in our country if you haven't noticed, but and that existed prior to nine to eleven. I know it's gotten a lot worse since then, but after nine to eleven, the American people tended to unify and gather together in opposition to the terrorist attack that got launched on our country. One never knows what the Iranian people will say. Maybe they don't like the theocracy, maybe they don't like laws requiring them to wear burkinis and oppressing people for their if they're not fundamentalist Muslims. But generally speaking, I think it's safe to say that the Iranian people generally not fans of Israel. So we'll keep our popcorn out and witness what happens to unfold in the aftermath of this attack. They say multiple sites in the Iranian capital hitting the attack Netanya, who said triggered both nuclear and they targeted both military and nuclear sites also targeted where officials leading around the nuclear program and the ballistic missile Arsenal are. The International Atomic Energy Confirmed Agency rather confirm that in Israeli strike hit Iran's uranium Enrichmond facility and that TANS and they were closely monitoring it. And according to all reports, at least as of my reading of the news, moments before the microphone came on the Atomic Energy Agency said there was no reports or detection of any nuclear fallout leaking out, which you got you have to worry about that. That's you know, I'm a big fan of these modular nuclear plans. But you're in a live in a world where you can launch a drone strike from a garage pretty close to any facility. You got to wonder if there's any concern over nuclear fallout or leaking radiation. You can't deny it's a concern. And I always wonder that about attacking nuclear And these are enrichment facilities and somewhere someplace, you know, enriched uranium is being stored. How does one deal with that? If a bomb blows up in a room filled with enriched uranium, doesn't that suggest that that is going to leak out or somehow enter the atmosphere? So far, reports say it has not.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Earlier Thursday, Trump said he didn't believe an attack was eminent, but also acknowledged that quote, it could happen. It could very well happen. Close quote going back to the earlier in the week recommendation that US personnel vacate the area. So I think he covered himself with it could very well happen. US Embassy in Jerusalem issued alert telling American government workers and their families to shelter in place until further notice. Secretary of State Mark or Rubius said Israel took unilateral action against Iran, that we didn't have anything to do with it, but that Israel advised the United States that had believed the strikes were necessary for self defense, saying quote, we are not involved in strikes against Iran, and our top priority is protecting American forces in the region. Of course it is Trump is scheduled a meeting with the National Security Council today in the situation room. Of course, he will be going over this with his advisors. Not clear right now if he plans to make any remarks on the strikes, although knowing Donald Trump being Donald Trump, I suspect he probably will. Israel's main airport also closed. Not checking anyone, and here's how it affects you and me, at least in the short term. Brent crude has spiked on the news of the attack, jumping eight percent, and some projections that oil could go way north of one hundred dollars if the situation gets really out of control. So there it is let you know if I hear anything more this morning, if you've got something to say about it. Good idea, bad idea. I don't know. You could see this coming a mile away. Just really was kind of a question of when not if, Well, that question has been answered five seventeen right now if you if I have KRE see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday. I always enjoyed a few suiting words from Lemmian or Friday about Garsee dot com. You try herd media so you can extream the audio from your smart device. Uh, listen to Jay Ratliffe and Scott Wharton from the Cincinnion Inquirer had quite a few issues locally to talk about, including my recommendation you speak with Connie Pillach, who did have a press conference yesterday but did not address the issue of her statements about the rallies tomorrow, which, interestingly enough, her post which was without mentioning it was obviously directed to Donald Trump and his administration, vile and evil as it was, and unnecessary and unseemly for a prosecutor. As far as I'm concerned, she's entitled her political opinion. It's been in so far as being a prosecutor, and I had a couple of people mentioned to me, thank you Kevin for the barbecue yesterday. Kevin among them dropped off some by his famous barbecuter house. Yesterday I paid a visit good Man.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: She's going to be responsible for prosecuting anyone who commits criminal acts during these protests rallies, the No King's protest rallies tomorrow. Question will she after her statement out loud about the Trump administration, the reason for the rally, which is basically I guess to protest all things Trump and Trump administration, will she follow through and do her job? Wellt you speculate on that. But the very controversial post which I did talk about read yesterday on the morning show has since been deleted. It was on her personal page. It wasn't issued from the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office. It was on County Pillage's personal Facebook page. But you know, deleting a post, you know it's the Internet. You can't unring the bell. How are we to perceive a deleted post?
Speaker 5: Is that one?
Speaker 1: Is that someone saying, oops, I screwed up here. Let me endeavor to erase the record that we all know about Since it was widely circulated and reported, many people printed it off me included because I rely on print form to do the morning show rather than you know, looking at tabs on a video screen. You do things your oadway, but you know it's out there. You can't unring the bell. You're on record. It was widely reported, it was printed in the news media. But deleting a post, I think that's an admission of stupidity, isn't it? How else is one to perceive that? Anyway? I heard media aviation extort Jay Ralo of every Thursday. I enjoyed talking with Jay in the timing was good because the Air India crash, which was horrific, hundreds of people dead. I think we are now going to prefer the emergency exit aisle seat. One person actually survived. Two hundred and twenty nine passes or twelve crew members were killed in that crash. Yesterday, one person lived, British national vishwash Kumar Ramesh, the sole known survivor of the Air India crash. According to the sen police official there on site at the crash scene, Ramesh, near the emergency exit door, managed to escape by jumping out the emergency door and I thought this was a rather interesting statement to police. It wasn't clear whether he jumped before or after the plane made impact. Okay, I mean the plane just went down and blew up. Did he jump out while it was right before it hit the ground? Is that what that suggestion is? I was really puzzled by that statement in the reporting. Anyway, he was taken to a hospital, spoke with a media outlet there thirty seconds after takeoff. He said, there was a loud noise and then the plane crash. It all happened so quickly, so they show him walking away from the crash, according to news footage from the area, and again he was taken to the hospital. Medical help Care Form said the survivor told him that the plane had began to descend immediately after takeoff and then split in two. Reported he still had his boarding pass when he made it to the hospital, and that he reported seeing body parts and plane parts strewn all around the crash site as he made his way away from the plane, telling the newspaper when I got up, there were bodies all around me. I was scared. I stood up and ran. Someone grabbed a hold of me and put me in an ambulance and brought me to the hospital. That is truly a miracle that anyone was able to survive. That local story is coming up. You can feel free to call though, you know I love to hear from folks five on three seven four nine hundred eight two three Talk Pound five fifty eight and g phones. I think I may request that emergency exit row if I ever fly again, although given the news of late, I really don't feel like flying. Don't go away, be right back, Steve, Channel nine and wether. Forecast to day mostly cloudy day, afternoon showers of storms with a high of eighty two, clouds over night muggy is along with a storm chance sixty nine for the low Tomorrow at cloudy day muggy with scattered showers and storms on a high of eighty a cloudy night and a slight chance arranged Saturday sixty eighty overnight low Father's Day, Happy father S did all the dad's out there. Eighty one for the high with scattered showers and storms right now seventy one degrees but above kersee talk station about thirty on a Friday. We're gonna get to the phones here just real quick. Thanks to Cribbage, Mike Submarine or Mike, my dear friend. Thank you for your service for our country, he said. Trisha Mackie from Channel nineteen had a one on one with Collie Pillage. Just tried to press Connie Pillage on that Facebook post in which I mentioned, and which Connie Pillage had removed jargon coclllusions, he said. Pillage took her microphone off and walked off. Pillage's staff member intervened and said the interview was over.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Mike's concluded she's a coward. I conclude that her post reveals her as a demonstrable idiot. Also some reporting from Tricia Mackey and others at Fox nineteen on that very meeting, although they didn't report about that specifically in the Fox nineteen article, which I thought was rather interesting. She mainly wanted to focus on the neo Nazi issue. Remember the neo Nazis that gathered on the bridge February seventh and Evendale. No prosecutable crimes, That's what they concluded. So for everybody out there screaming at yelling about why no one was arrested, apparently there was no basis for an arrest. Twenty one CP Solutions was an independent group hired by the police department sided with the police. So and Pillage's announcement that there were no prosecutable crimes committed by the neon Nazis comes two weeks after an independent group released its findings, even though a police department's response to the neo Nazi demonstration on I seventy five. Again, that was the twenty one CP Solution, So apparently nothing to see there. Let's go to the phones order which they received, which means Tom is up first. Tom, welcome back to the fifty five case mornings you and a happy Friday to you brother.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Happy Friday, Happy early Father's Day. I am sure this is one of the many occasions just like me where I remember my father. Oh yeah, missing so much I did. I forgot to mention the other morning we were wishing happy birthday to your mother. The day that I met her is I had like four times celebrity meeting. That's the first time I met you over at Price so Chile. That was one of your December.
Speaker 5: Meeting.
Speaker 1: Greats there the listener lunch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, got to meet your mom and dad and I got to meet Christopher Smithman.
Speaker 5: So that was a that was kind of a big day.
Speaker 6: As far as celebrity meetings, I know you'll want to put yourself at the bottom of that list, and mom is obviously at the top. So yeah, your your dad would have definitely agreed with that.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, absolutely.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to mention real quick. I just went through College Hill into north into Northside, and at the corner of Ashtree and Hamilton there is an accident. You can scoot through, but be careful.
Speaker 5: Going through there.
Speaker 6: It looks like somebody t bone somebody didn't look like it was too serious. Everybody was out, but there's definitely an accident block in the most of the intersections, so Hamilton and Ashtree, just north of north Side. As far as this cowered Kanye pillage, I just I just want to remind everybody. Now, I've been living here in Hamilety County for thirty five years now, and I know that this county has pretty much been democrat uh pretty much most of the time, especially city of Cincinnati has been deep blue. But we always had one person there that was that was a good check against this liberal bs and that was Joe Jeters and the handle of the county prosecutor's office for a long time. Was uh was it was definitely a solid uh and I don't want to call it republican, just common sense and would prosecute based on the law. And you always had confidence that Joe Dieters was gonna make sure that things were done right.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: And he didn't take any crap from anybody. He was no bs and it was it was very comforting to know that that was there in spite of all the ridiculous Democrat craft going on in other departments and councils and whatever around it. But but ever since he's been gone, and especially since this cower Tony Pillach has gotten in there, it's it's it's one last thing in this in this area that that is gonna help us live better lives. It's just it's going downhill. It's ridiculous, but it's but you know what, you know, who's whose fault it is is the voters of Hamlet County. For some reason, you all decided that you wanted a Democrat in here. Well, congratulations, here's what you get. So, uh, you know, live with it, and maybe the next time we have an election, you'll follow my advice and don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, Brian, you too, Tom, and happy Father's Day to you brother. Wow, New Hampshire Gary's on the line. You can have to hold on New Hampshire Garre if you don't mind, just a couple of minutes five thirty five right now, if you five Curiosity Talk station, be right back there you go. Jeffrey, one of my listeners always instant message me about John the Fisherman, apparently a fellow Primus fan. He is, Joe. Here you go. God does play a wicked bass. I will admit, get to the phone. We've got a couple of collars online. Thank you for holding New Hampshire Gary. Welcome back to the morning showing a happy Friday to you, Happy Father's sake. Roan, Well, thank you and you assuming it applies.
Speaker 5: It does. Looking from this military perspective, looks like Iran is so in that they can't. They've been absolutely so far devastated in a conventional form of attack on the drones and being shot down and whatnot. It looks like that they're going to have to go to a second tier attack, which would be small terrorist attacks, cyber attacks or any which way they can because apparently they can't get through militarily because it looks like they've been devastated pretty bad, with the structure of the command structure being rotten the way you know, they're playing who wants to be in command?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 5: Who's next? You know, Yeah, and so you know, maybe even stopping you know, oil flow through the canals, you know, any which way they can do that. And I'm just going to have fun watching this on TV play out. I don't think it's really going to have much to do with us, unless I hope you have a cyber attack or something.
Speaker 1: Well, a cyber attack or something that's been looming in the back of my mind after I woke up to the reality is it is there a head indeed attack Iran and its nuclear facilities and other bases, and the potential that there are cells here in the United States sympathetic to the Iranian terrorists or otherwise, whether they be Iranians or sympathizers. You know, we got two million known god aways, and Lord knows what they're doing and what nefarious purposes they might accomplish here in the United States. And given how easy it is to attack something that's been demonstrated over and over again, most notably in the last several weeks of the news. So I'm a little concerned for you know, United States territory being attacked by some sort of terrorist action, perhaps related to or otherwise period, I mean, across the board for any reason whatsoever. But this may prompt something like that, And that's what's concerning me this morning.
Speaker 5: Wasn't it just last week that the Taliban leader in Afghanistan put a futtlaw on all the congressional leadership and said that there's four million Muslims now in the United States that it's open season on our leadership. JD.
Speaker 1: Vans were named specifically any of the cabinet members. Yeah, they got rattled on basically anyone in the Trump administration. Yeah, that was the that was the edach.
Speaker 5: So something like that could cause somebody to go a little tilt.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't seem to take much these days to get someone to go over the edge. Hell, we got congressional members going over the edge and doing crazy, crazy things and senators that we had want to have be forcibly removed after crashing the Department of Homeland Security Secretary of NOMES press conference the other day. So Yeah, people are becoming unhinged. And the other trend that I noticed and sort of unrelated but related at the same time, what is this, What is the story between all of our elected officials dropping F bombs regularly? You know, it seems to me that that's the kind of thing that the only dude to offer to get the click bait. No one will listen to their message unless it's filled and laced with profanities. You're like, wait a minute, a senator was using F bombs in their statement. Yeah, it's happening more and more all the time. I mean I listened to Gutfield coming in in his commentary and all that, and they drop them all the time on his show as well. That's a very conservative leaning program that they run. So I'm not happy with the direction of the country in that regard. But something's got to get clicks, and we're in a downward spiral on that. But yeah, in terms of the insanity out there and people doing crazy things, it seems to be more than norm these days. Let's see what Mary's got. Mary, thanks for calling this morning, and a happy Friday to you.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian. Hey, I just wondered I was going to actually call you about that County pillage interview. And at six minutes and twenty five seconds, well worth the watch and the unnamed county employee that came and swooped her.
Speaker 1: Out of there was none other than Sharon Coole.
Speaker 2: Our west thing go kind of.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's really like Brian, like, you don't see any of this, you know, Trisia Mackie. The majority of it is all about the you know, those idiots and Nazis or whoever those guys were.
Speaker 2: And then at the end, I mean the.
Speaker 4: Setup was you already knew that she wasn't going to take it because Tricia Mackie.
Speaker 2: Had already prefaced it prior.
Speaker 4: But you know, you watch this unedited six minute and twenty five second video of it, and when she starts pressing her, the camera winds out and here comes Sharon Cooley. You know, like I've met Sharon a number of times over the years, being politically active over in Westwood.
Speaker 2: Always you know, she's probably biased, but like I always thought she did a fair job at.
Speaker 4: Reporting the city you know, news and city hall and all that stuff. So I mean I just thought she was a good person and you know, did a good.
Speaker 2: Job with with what she did.
Speaker 1: But that's not her job anymore though, Yeah, to defend and how.
Speaker 4: Pathetic, But but the thing is, that's right, that'sitely her job and I understand that. But what type of lack of integrity or pathetic that you had to change careers in midstream to be a shill and cover for that pig that is Connie Pillage, not only about what she wrote on social media and all her nonsense there. But here we are, how many weeks after that police officer has still not been cleared by that woman in her office. That guy's hanging out to dry what she went on vacation. She's posting crap on social media, But here we are that police officer still has not been cleared of that Ryan Ryan hitting shooting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, value waiting.
Speaker 1: Work, Yeah involved shooting. I hear you a lot and clear. I will defend Sharon Coolidge on one level, though if you look at the direction, and it breaks my heart that the Inquirer is spiraling out of control. They're losing people, Their staff is now limited, they don't do as much reporting as they used to. They reprint things from USA today. Obviously, the number of subscribers and people who receive the inquirer for home delivery has gone downhill dramatically. So I think maybe sharon'saw the writing on the wall, and if you get a career opportunity that's going to maybe pay you more money, and you see what's going on around you, you kind of the fools, the one that's not looking up for his own best interests, as I point out out. And maybe this was a career change that benefited Sharon Coolidge, even though she's got to be biased politically now in defending Connie Pillage.
Speaker 8: So but how do that?
Speaker 5: Well do why?
Speaker 1: You know, we have certain integrity when it comes to our politics, and we wouldn't accept a job like that. So maybe it's a little revealing about Sharon coolidge inner politics as well. But well timed intervention. And I know they talked about it. They had to have talked about it ahead of time. Listen, if this social media post gets brought up and someone pesters me about it, then you need to come in here and say the meeting is over. And Tricia Mackie did that, and she's apparently according to Jos Schreker who just watched the video, Tristia said, wait a second, you promised us ten minutes, and as you said, there's only six minutes and thirty seconds worth worth of Q and A before that question pops in enters Sharon Coolidge to end the interview, depriving us of three minutes a potentially valuable information. Thanks Mary. It's five forty seven fifty five garous, the dog station, don't go away and maybe we'll get it. Stacker stupid in on the heels.
Speaker 3: Of Trump's tariff policy. Down's across five fifty.
Speaker 1: Two the fifty five krest talk station or a Happy Friday at Tech Friday with Dave hat or coming up every Friday at six point thirty h O Stacker stupid and yes it does include naked people, but no, sorry, Jeffrey, don't have Florida in front of me. We start with Mobile, Alabama. Some families described as on edge after a naked guy is caught on multiple cameras multiple nights in a row in a Tilman's Corner neighborhood. Hmmm. Well. Neighbor described it as alarming when seeing a naked man show up on her ring camera videos, saying I just went and looked at my cameras. I was looking for my cat. Instead, I see a completely nude except for socks man walk by. Then he goes in our backyard. He walks around the cars. She said he was holding something in his hand, phrasing even more disturbing. Accord to the reporting, this guy had something in his hand. I don't know what it was. I don't know if it was a lawnmow blade or something like that. Oh, is that what they're calling it these days, joe phrasing. Other niators also say the report of the scene a naked guy wandering around the area. One mom, of course very worried for her children, describing it as very scary. Residence. Neighborhood said they've seen him multiple nights in a row, walking in and out of the woods in the area, others taking extra precaution and encouraging others to do the same, putting surveillance cameras in once said they put flashlights around so wherever people walk by, the lights automatically turn on, saying, get cameras, get surveillance cameras. Put them on every single angle. Yeah, I took care of that. Years ago to Thomas House, video of a naked guy dancing on top of a moving police car in the Greater San Francisco area, specifically Antioch. Of course, going viral, Jose Garrido captured the video Thursday morning after he saw a man in the neighborhood. He said, it isn't just I just turned around. I wasn't expecting to see a naked man on the street. So an officer was in the area responded to the scene. As soon as the officer stopped, naked guy jumped on top of the police vehicle as a tradition is it Apparently The officer then slowly drove to a nearby parking a lot of a car dealership before calling for backup. Police Chief Joe Vigil Clearly this guy is having some type of mental episode. They talked the man down off of the police car, then took detained him and took him to until the ambulance had arrived, saying they thought it was better to take him to the hospital. No excessive force head to be used. Now here's an interesting twist on the Friday Naked Guys we go to Ypsilata Township, Michigan. Twenty year old man from Jackson arrested for a hit and run that killed a naked pedestrian in the Ipsilonti township Haven't Mad I ninety four near the US twelve bypass. Authorities police received reports of naked guy walking eastbound in the westbound lanes of I ninety four. Ambulance from here On Valley Ambulance arrived on the scene, but before they could get to the guy, he was hit by a dark colored sedan that didn't stop. First responders able to give the man some aid, identified as a fifty two year old man from Warren, but he did die at the scene. That's when police received a phone call the following or actually on June sixth, from someone who said they believe they knew who struck the pedestrian. Twenty year old man from Jackson reportedly confided in the caller that he was involved in the crash in the area. When trippers interviewed the suspect, they found it damaged twenty eighteen Chevy Malibu that they impounded. Twenty year old reportedly told police he didn't stop because he had been drinking while under age. Investigation has strived his ongoing charges expected to be requested from the local prosecutor's office. Again, interesting twist on naked guy five fiveifty six kar City Talk Station, Tech Friday come up at sixth third. We've got plenty to talk about between now and then. You can feel free to call love to hear from you. I'll be right back after the top of the hour. News news happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour, not gonna be complicated, and it's going to go very fast. Fifty five krz the talk station planning at six oh five right now tik about kar City Talk Station and Mary Thomas swishing everyone hate very happy Friday. I gets a good plan Flag Day tomorrow. If you talking with Ken Williams in a seven forty about the flag retirement ceremony and Union Township, do that every year. I'll say a few words there and learn how to properly retire a flag. That'll be a seven forty. Preceded by Adam Keeler, who's going to join the program in seven o five in studio teasing an event that's coming to the city of Cincinnati. Will learn all about it together, American Truth Summit, and of course preceded by Tech Friday's Dave Hatter at the bottom of this hour. Got several topics you talk about with him, and then finally eight o'clock, get your gimmuity the kite on Culpling Society shoots and fests this weekend. Yet something else to do to celebrate Father's Day before I jump back into the news five on three D eight two three top pound, five fifty on EIGHTE and T phones. Mike, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Hey, I got a good one foray. I'll give you a down home one. Okay. I was working the north end of District four in the early nineties and we got this. I got dispatched to a naked guy running around I think it was sixty eighth Street up in Heartwell and I get there. I'm looking around and this dude jumps on my car, my police car. He starts jumping up and down on it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's like the last story.
Speaker 2: I'm like you you got to be kidding me.
Speaker 8: I was like, and I get out of the car and say, get off my car, man, and he's like growling at me, sorry, you just chemical iriton on ing, which I've had absolutely no effect. And then he uh he went over to Hardware Elementary and started knocking out all the windows.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I sorr.
Speaker 8: I tried to. So I just so you know, I retired the same rank as your sister.
Speaker 1: Correct, thank you for your to the community. That's awesome.
Speaker 8: Thirty years So anyway, anyway, I'm sitting here, I'm uh spraying, and we're rolling around the ground and my backup comes to his officer, Neil's owner, and we're hitting this guy with our PR twenty fours.
Speaker 1: The old days, Yes, the PR twenty four.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm i'm because he's trying to fight us and punch us, so I'm hitting him. Neil hits him, He runs back towards Neil. I hit him, and it wasn't until a third officer got there and swung him around and he went head on into a steel pole, and he was like, well that one hurt. And then of course face first into a steel pole.
Speaker 5: What happens?
Speaker 8: Blood all over the place. Now, that just makes it worse because it's slippery trying to put handcuffs on people. Oh ye okay, yeah nowhere.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, go say the joys of being in law enforcement.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: So, well, there's blood all over us, and when the sergeants get there, and this is right after the thing in district three where you have western water and whatever, a pistol with somebody, and we finally get this guy he totally knew, finally get him handcuffed. Okay, so I mean, and the sergeants show up and their eyes are like, you got to be kidding me. And then the night chief shows up and it was Ronald McDonald. I think he's the Steve so I I'll tell you his name, and he goes, well, here's their story and if anything changes, love us.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 8: So when we get to the hospital, this guy did not have just PR twenty four marks on him. He had welch. You could see we were hitting the sky hard and it had no effect on him. Finally that the UC Medical Center physicians came. He said, this guy's junk full of PCP.
Speaker 1: That's what you guys know. I was waiting for it. Did you ever find out what kind of drugs he was on? Because it's the drugs, right, which is.
Speaker 8: Quite common because you get you get really hot that and that's why it causes you to take the clothes off.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well so yeah, the guy pled guilty to.
Speaker 8: Foresaults on the police officer resisting arrest, and unfortunately for him, he had one of the best judges for police officers in Hamilton County, which I believe Hangham. Harry mcawain is deceased as well, but he was the best because he was like, oh, you hit one of my police officers. He was like, well, I shouldn't shoot a six months in hell? Oh I went scoose me. I mean, I can't say that, I mean jail, but it should be. He should be like hell. And that's that's how Harry was. Here's just so to tell you the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's got tons of stories, Mike, And that was just what was gonna say. I like you hanging out with members of law enforcement, whether they're still active or retired. You guys are the best to hang out with because you got like a million stories like that. You can go on for hours and hours and hours. Thanks for your service, Mike. I appreciate you calling in a little more levity on a Friday and another illustration of the of the crap that our police officers have to go through on a day to day basis to keep our community safe. Aman Joey two three talk anyway a summary. Israel launched a huge attack on Iron's nuclear program it happened this morning today. They killed the commander Hossan sal Salami to find an interesting name. Two other generals were killed Netan Yahoo Prime ministers of the military. Operations would last as long as it takes. They've been shooting down drones that Iran launched in retaliation, more than one hundred so far, and you know that's going to continue. And according to the reporting, this is the second time I've read it or heard it. I heard it this morning on the Live news as I was coming in, and now I've actually read it in the Wall Street Journal, who's doing updates real time. Long before Israel's attack, agents smuggled explosive drones and other guided weapons into Iran, so much like the Ukraine strike on the Russian Air Force base that blew up billions of dollars worth of equipment, they were able to get up and close. And you think of that, that's rather interesting. So Iran not as secure. And then I double back and go to all of the unknown godaways that got into our country. And hell, we had open borders, we weren't even on the lookout necessarily for folks letting literally every human being into the country. So I'm just praying and praying and praying that something like this doesn't happen here. Not a launch on nuclear sites necessarily, but that some cell organization, maybe someone who's sympathetic to Iran or hates Israel, decides that since we're friends with Israel and we play nicely with him, that we're deserving of some sort of domestic attack here. Anyway, they did talk about Netanyahu said the possibility strikes, he's discussed with Trump on Monday, and that's why, of course, the United States began moving our diplomats and military dependents out of the Middle East. That was widely reported earlier in the week. It's like a giant red flag waving. Then something was going to happen, although Secretary of State Rubio emphasized that we were not involved in the strikes, and then of course warned Iran not to target our courses. Impact on the markets stal Jones futures down one point two, s and P down one point two, Nasdaq down one point five, obviously in anticipation of where the market's going to go in light of the war that's being waged right now between Iran and Israel. See here. In other news, the House passed. The DOGE cuts was a narrow vote, and you kind of wonder why it's narrow illustrating. I guess that the Democrats don't want to touch literally anything in terms of government waste and spending. So the vote two fourteen to two twelve, after some wrangling between GE GOP leadership, nine point four billion dollars in recision cutting foreign aid and the entity that funds National Public Radio and the public Broadcasting Service. You know, in an Internet age, you know, I don't think any population or any area of the country is going to be left without access to the news. So those entities have become so left wing that why are we, the American people funding it? You know, if all these tax payer dollars, if you left us out there that think this is, oh my god, oh my god, what are we gonna do with NBR, They're gonna still survive. Most of their funding comes from private donations anyway, so not going to go anywhere. But if your tax payer dollars are funding something like Fox News or some conservative outlet like that that you know, regularly emphasized conservative mindsets and conservative politics, you'd be pissed off and you'd want the funding cut two. So and it's just a tiny tiny sliver of what Doge identified in terms of fraud wasted abuse. So I'm a little disappointed that it isn't, you know, forty billion or one hundred billion or something like that. But at least it's a step in the right direction from my perspective. So you can cut nine point four heading over to the Senate where you know it's it's its future is uncertain, and the fact that it is uncertain is also for me a problem considering you don't need an overwhelming super majority in the Senate to get this done. You just need fifty one votes six point fifteen. Right now, if you five KCD talk station, Colin Electric, Andrew Culling and his team of amazing licensed of course electricians the well oiled machine of electric electrical repairs for your home, so residential electric work immediately think Colin Electric. They'll treat you great. The customer service is outstanding, the price is always right, and the work is great. I mean, I can't complain. They did tons of projects for me. I don't know you're gonna have the same experience with them. No complaints from my listening audience. Relying on Cullen. They enjoying a plus with a better business beer with good reason. And when they do work for you and they're all done, you get a ten year wiring warranty so you can have peace of mind knowing the work is done right. And if for some unlikely emphasized reason it's not, they'll come back and do it. So don't worry about that. You're gonna get great work from the folks at Colin Electric. And Tom Brian said, how many call a schedule the appointment? It's five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Online you'll find them at Cullen spelled c U l l E N Culin Electric Cincinnati dot com. This is Ted Cruz.
Speaker 10: Join me Sunday night at seven pm on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna WIX fifty five KARS the talk dation looking forward to Father's Day, David, and in other areas of fraud, waste and abuse. And again, I don't think the DOGE cuts were sufficient. The recision bill was not large enough. And I can reconcile my love for the American military, my support for the American military and veterans as well. Thank you for your service to our country and with my criticism of military spending. If you can't pass a damn audit, I don't think you're worthy of getting a trillion dollars in American taxpayer money. What are they spending the money on? Legitimate question? A revelation by Secretary of Defense Pete Hegsath testifying for the Senate a Senate hearing on the Department of Defense the Appropriation Subcommittee on Defense earlier this week. On Wednesday, providing testimony living up to his name, Democrat Senator Dick Durbin grilled Hegzeth about his administration ending what he described many wasteful research grants, saying, give me an example of a boondoggle in medical research and defense health. Pete Heggzath in response, I mean we're talking about some stuff I shouldn't say in public. You know, marbles in the rear, ends of cats, tens of millions of dollars, things that don't have a connection to what you're talking about. And then Durbin responds, well, was this like three hundred and fifty year old social Security check the President told us about and I didn't even remember that one. But sometime a couple months ago, Donald Trump they were talking about when they ferreted out the idea that there were hundreds and thousands of people over the age of one hundred years old still with active Social Security numbers, many of whom were still being issued checks, and at one point Donald Trump said something the effect of a three hundred and sixty year old person was receiving a check that turned out did not be true. Don't overstate your case, you know, hang your hat on the stuff that you really know is to be true. But beyond that, that's kind of what the reference was. Hegzeth response, I respect completely the issue you're speaking with, and this department couldn't be more sympathetic to that and ensure that it's funded. Referring I believe to Social Security generally speaking, but he went on the department Defense Department has been a place where organizations, entities, and companies know that they can get money almost unchecked to whether or not it actually applies to things that happen on the battlefield. Ran Paul chimed in thanking Hegzeth for working with white Coast waste or whitecoat waste to expose the taxpayer funded animal testing that has been going on that White Coast Coat Waste organization issued freedom of Information Act request discovered ten million dollars in a Department of Defense contract funded through the Navy Defense Advance Research Project Agency DARPA for experiments on cats at the University of Pittsburgh involving tests that inserted marbles and balloons into the rectum of cats and subjecting them to electro shock treatments for the purpose of studying constipation and erectile dysfunction. Yep, you're working today for this kind of stuff, folks, they say. The contract was originally said to expire in May of this year, but had been extended to twenty twenty seven, which Whitecoat Waste found out about that resulted in others finding out about it. Laura Lumer, who apparently loves animals and is involved in animal rescue, on her show Lumer Unleashed, talking with Whitecoat Waste Vice president Justin Goodman, she highlighted the organization's Freedom of Information Act discoveries, describing the test as horrifically disturbing and calling for immediate action from the Department of Defense. Less than two weeks later, ah the Navy announced the ending of all testing on dogs and cats. Whitecoat Waste. President issued to statement, We're thrilled the ten days after the Trump DoD canceled cruel cat tests exposed by US, the US Navy now cutting all wasteful experiments on dogs and cats following our investigation in campaign. Taxpayers shouldn't be forced to pay for pet abuse in Navy funded labs, and now, thanks to Whitecoat Waste campaign, including powerful advocacy from Elon Musk, Laura Lumer, Representative Nancy Mace, military veterans, and others, they won't have to. They went on to applaud Secretary Fail and Secretary Head Zetha and President Trump for first slashing US government's largest dog lab and now setting the Pentagon's cat and dog abuse in what they described to the litter box of history. Defunding dog and cat labs has been our top priority for Trump. Forour solution is simple, stop the money, stop the madness now, they were referencing. Back in April, the FDA announced plans to phase out all animal testing requirements, dating with dealing with antibodies and expanding other drugs after pressure from this White Coat Waste organization. Back in May Secretary of Veterans Affairs Doug Collins, also confirmed the Department was ending at least some of its primate testing in advance of the previously set twenty twenty six deadline to stop doing that. Marbles in cats rectums ten million dollars and you know, you know weird who thought that one up? Just we could go on for days talking about this kind of stuff, No wonder, we're trillions of dollars in the hole. Plumb type plumbing plumbing done right by my friends of lump type plumbing. They live by that motto and they know you deserve better. They deliver on better, better customer service, great prices, outstanding plumbing work with no service fees and free estimates. They have an A plus with a Better Business Bureau. So regardless of your plumbing problem or need, get get in touch with plump Tight. They hooked up my gas line for my home whole house generator. That's a plumbing at issue. Actually they do tankless water heaters. In fact, Plump Tight the Tri State's number one installer a tankless go tankless to have endless hot water. It never stops. Save a whole lot of space too. They have a longer lifestand than lifespan than traditional tanks and well say saving money too. Trenchless sewer line repair, but mentioned of that of A two. They don't have to dig your yard up. If you have a sewer line problem, they can fix it without digging. The experts of plumb title take great care of you. I assure you of that. Get in touch with them. Schedule apployment. Go to the website plump tight dot com. T I T plump tight dot com five one three seven two eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight fifty five. The talk STATIONEE on a Friday employment listening thanks to intrust it. If I'm on an interest it dot com Dave Hatter's company, they'll fix your computer problems at work or keep you out of trouble. Best practices are important. He talks about that all the time here on the on the Tech Friday segment. And of course, anytime your computers go down interest it is therefore you. Welcome back Dave Hatter and a happy Friday to you, my friend. Thanks Brian, always happy to be here. Thanks for sponsoring the segment. Man, I appreciate what you do every week trying to keep us out of trouble. If we would only take your advice. Hey, well, I'm not going to disagree with you, Brian.
Speaker 11: I wish more people would listen and take this stuff seriously before they become a victim of some type of fraud. And sadly it's rampant and everywhere and increasing.
Speaker 1: Well, it keeps interrust it in business. Well, there is there is that there is that. I'm not knocking that angle of it, but yeah, I've said it. But we want to be helpful. If all the problems of the world disappeared and I had nothing to talk about, I'd be happy to go find something else to do for a living in reward for not having problems in the world. And yet, so while you benefit from people ignoring your advice, which works to your advantage, you wish people would listen to you to stay out of trouble. Let's pivot over at Meta. But now the headlinerer the topic I have here is described as metaplans to replace humans with AI to assess privacy and social risks. What is this all about?
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is an interesting story, and you know, this whole AI space, it's so hyperbolic at this point. You know, you've got people on one hand saying half of white collar jobs.
Speaker 1: Are going to be gone in five years.
Speaker 11: You've got you know, Apple just recently, and this is interesting, and I've seen some people take have an interesting take on Apple's take. Apple just recently did some research that said that you know, these large language model based ais, the chat GPTs of the world and so forth, all apart, once you hit a certain amount of complexity, they just can't handle it. One of the things they mentioned, and I could understand where this would be problematic, is if you have a code based software that's ten million lines of code or more, it's just it can't understand the context of it.
Speaker 1: It's too much.
Speaker 11: So then on the other hand, again you've got all these people making these predictions that you know, this stuff is going to be so powerful, and Meta has made a huge investment or planning to make a huge investment anyway, and some AI. But basically, they've had teams of people inside that when new features are launched on meta platforms, and as a reminder, Meta is Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and other platforms, they had human beings that would view these things and try to determine, you know, is this good or bad? Is going to have a big societal impact? Is it going to potentially harm children? Those sorts of things. Right, So, they had human beings reviewing these things and trying to make a determination about what is the impact and now apparently they are doing that.
Speaker 1: Now apparently they are going to AI doing it.
Speaker 11: And you know, Brian, now again it doesn't from the reporting I've seen, it doesn't go into what type of AI, and I would rely folks, you know, there's more than generative AI out there. It's not just chat, GPT and rock and that sort of thing. It doesn't go into that. But according to this article documents obtained by NPR, up to ninety percent of all risk assessments will soon be automated, and both current and former employees of Facebook.
Speaker 1: Have raised some concern about this.
Speaker 11: You know, I think it's a little concerning because when you look at the AI that's out there, while you know, we've seen huge progress, we've seen it can excel at certain things. You know, anyone that knows anything about this at all is familiar with the term hallucinations sometimes called confabulations. With these things just literally make things up and if you can't trust the output one hundred percent of the time, how could you feel confident that if you're using it in these ways, it's going to make the right decision on these sorts of important topics. And when I say important topics, here's an example. Just yesterday, Time had an exclusive article with a psychiatry or psychologists rather a child psychologist who went on to ten different AI based chatbot sites pretended to be a troubled team.
Speaker 1: And I think you will find maybe we'll talk about this next week.
Speaker 11: I think you will find some of the things these chatbots told him quite alarming. So no, you know, in my mind, none of this stuff is ready for any kind of real primetime use if you can even have a one percent chance of a critical system that can hallucinate and just make something up now.
Speaker 1: And I get people arguing, well, Dave, you know software goes bad. You were a software engineer.
Speaker 11: You read software that had bugs, that didn't always do what you wanted, and all those things are true.
Speaker 1: That's all absolutely true.
Speaker 11: But you know my intention was never for it to misperform, produce incorrect results, have bugs. And also you could easily get into the code and see what it was doing. Most of these AI things are a black box. You can't even always predict how they came to a certain conclusion. So, you know, I encourage people go read this article for themselves. I don't think this is a good thing. I'm sure it's because and purportedly in the article, it's because they want to be able to move faster, less people, obviously less costs if you have the machines doing this sort of thing. But again there are people raising alarm about this. I don't I don't think it's a good thing at this point.
Speaker 1: And we'll see and the day artificial intelligence becomes self aware, you won't be able to rely on it to critically analyze itself.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's it's it's interesting conundrum.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 11: Apple just recently put out a study. I kind of got sidetracked there and didn't really finish my thought on that, and they they mentioned the complexities. But there are people saying, well, this is coming from Apple, the people who have the least skin in the AI game. I mean, Apple has a really been a significant player in this space. They've done some things, but you know, compared to like open AI, people behind chat, CPT, Rock, Google, others, so you know, there are some people speculating that, you know, Apple's take is more of a Sarah Grapes thing. Well, you know, yeah, we'll see, We'll see.
Speaker 1: I don't trust it myself, but you know me, Brian, I have a tenfol hack guy. Well, I'm good for you. You should be this day and age coming up next Guilty by Algorithm? Or or well with Dave atter about KCV talk Station Tech Friday with Dave Adder or find Dave and the crew at interest it dot com solve your business related computer issues and record of the business career are the best in the business. Uh Dave pivoting over Guilty by Algorithm? What is this one all about? And already I'm thinking it's not good.
Speaker 11: Well, I think you and I are going to agree that this is not good. And it's a good segue from the previous segment where I mentioned the black box idea of these llms and that you know, sometimes even the researchers building these things can't really predict exactly how they came to a certain conclusion, which is one of my concerns with all of these things. But you and I have talked about facial recognition off and on for the last ten years or so, and you know it will occasionally hit the news and you know clearly it's not a new thing. But I guess in my mind, Brian, so you know, I'm I'm close to sixty. I've been in this business for more than thirty years, most of it building software from scratch. And as I said in the last segment, do you know how many mistakes I made during that time, none of which were intentional. The software didn't do what it was supposed to do, some oversight on my part or my team's part, or whatever. My point is, software is never perfect. I know you and all of your listeners have experienced imperfections in software before, whether it's just some irritating thing or it makes your computer crash or whatever, right right, And I would like to remind you, in the entire history of the world, you know, human beings have not been on this planet that long, and of that time, software has only been in existence frame very very small time a moment, right time. I mean, think about it, Brian, When you and I were kids, you know, computers existed. Software was a thing, but generally they were room sized machines that were incredibly expensive, and the software and the hardware capabilities were very limited, right. I mean, really, most of this stuff took off during World War Two to calculate ballistics and things like that. So let's just say eighty years, and I would say, really, it's only been in the last forty years, right, that most people have been exposed to this stuff. Consumers are using it, et cetera. So in forty years time, and then let's say in twenty years of that. So my point is, all of this stuff is still incredibly immature in the grand scheme of things, even though facial recognition for itself has been around now for ten twenty plus years, right, biometrics, and we just see time and time again problems with these things. Bias in the algorithms, bias in the training data, the same things you hear nerds like me say about AI in general. But so to get to this particular story, which I personally find extremely disturbing. You know, we've got more and more cameras everywhere, We've got people with nests, ring doorbells, CCT. Cameras are everywhere. And the idea that when you read this story, law enforcement would basically have someone say you're guilty of a crime. They plug a picture or a couple of pictures of you that perhaps they found on social media into some tool and it says you're the guy, and they come arrest you. To me is very problematic, especially knowing what I know about this and the fact that these things are not imperfect or these things are imperfect, and that's well documented. But when you read this story, here's where it really really gets crazy.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 11: So this is from the article prosecution assistant has Miles nail thanks for confidence when forming you claim that quote fat daddy en quote was the killer. Cops poked around on Instagram, pulled some photos, fed them into a facial recognition recognition system, and out pop tie Bar Miles. The algorithm gave its blessing, the informent noted an agreement, the case was sealed. Okay, And then here's the scary part. The defense wants to see how the magic sauces was made. How did this algorithm work? How was it able to identify this particular person for arrest, And they basically said, Nope, we can't can't share that with you because that would compromise law enforcement tactics. How can you, as they point out in this article, how can you get a fair trial if you don't have a high level of confidence of how.
Speaker 1: The software works and then it accurately hit on this person. Yeah, that's exactly right. They are absolutely entitled to that in defense of their client. There's no question in my mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So later in the same article, facial recognition searches involved multiple components and steps that each introduced the significant possibility of misidentification. And what might be the most understated way to say this quote and this is like a Dave Hatterstoff quote. Here, this stuff screws up a lot, unquote. And the idea that you know you're going to be arrested, sit in jail, wait for a crime, and potentially go to prison because of some software algorithm that you can't even understand how it works or what it's false positive and false negative rates are to me, is extremely concerning and disturbing. So again, I always hate to be the doomsday guy, Brian and some like I'm against this stuff. My whole career has been in technology, although sometimes I do feel complicit in some of this. I mean, I haven't made any facial recognition systems, but you know, I've certainly made a career out of building technology that automates things and such. And you know, in so many ways we are headed in the wrong direction with this stuff, in my opinion, and to me, this is very concerning. This is something that you know, people should keep an eye on, people should talk to the legislator. Is about we should not be putting people in jail because some algorithm that they can't even share that this to me gets into like election election machines and voting systems and so forth. Oh well, we can't show you that it's our proprietary algorithm, Well then how can I trust it?
Speaker 1: Kund of the votes right? One hundred percent right? And then the other component of it is, you know, if you're a prosecutor, you don't understand how it works. So you'd have to hire an expert like you to who could adequately explain it to the jury the complexities of it, and their eyes would probably gloss over and have no comprehension of how it works while it's being explained to them. So multiple layers of it, multiple levels of extra cost and difficulties of the prosecutors would need to overcome in order to actually present the evidence that is needed. And it should be disclosed. Kind of crazy to me, This makes the perfect case. And you know, I'm not an open source zealot.
Speaker 11: And for folks who don't really understand this terminology, open sources just software in the most layman's terms, it's open.
Speaker 1: You can see them.
Speaker 11: You can evaluate the source code and understand what it does. Versus here's an executable file and you can't see how it does what it does. And when you get into these things that as a society we have to rely on that the results are correct. That's why you need open source. So experts could go in and look at the facial facial recognition algorithms or the election machine algorithms or anything that's critical like that and say, yes, we understand exactly how this works, and we agree that it works the way they say that it works, and we believe, you know, as a result of that, that you can trust the results of this thing. But when you can't see it, and worse yet, like in this case, no, we can't give it to you, and we're not going to give it to you because it's couched under the law enforcement tactics would be reviewed or whatever. That is extremely disturbing to me, Like something out of a Twilight Zone.
Speaker 1: Most Kopka is the trial six forty seven perfect, Thank you brother and Neel could get that one in there. Don't go away one more. You're gonna get your check. I'm reminded of the jerk one dollar nine cents Apple's paying out for series violations. First word for odo eggs to get rid of this day. This reminded me of the scene of the Jerk. He lost his optograb class action lawsuit. Navan Johnson was writing out individual checks to pay out the plainness one dollar nine cents for each person who won the suit got a slice of the action. Is that what this is? Apple paying ninety five million dollars in serious spying settlement.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you heard me laugh when you said that. Going out of the last segment, your your analogy for the jerk, there's just absolutely great Navin and the glasses.
Speaker 1: One dollar nine cents.
Speaker 11: And also, yeah, the trial reference was beautiful too. People, everyone listening to you should go read nineteen eighty four Animal.
Speaker 1: Farm and the Trial. The trial is great.
Speaker 11: I should read that book anyhow. Yeah, that's more or less what this is. So it's interesting and I know You've heard me say this many times over the years. Generally speaking, Apple tends to be more privacy and security friendly than many of their competitors because their business model is different. Their business model is not you and your data like Meta and Google and others. It's selling you hardware and software. Now, I want to be clear, I'm not saying they don't collect your data. Of course they do, but that's not their fundamental source of revenue, right, And so in general they tend to be more privacy and security friendly.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: I found this a little disturbing and further reinforcing the thing that people have asked me about and we've talked about, because we well, are these things actually listening to you? And my answer is, well, if you can talk to it, yes, it must be able to you. In other words, how could it possibly do something when you ask it to?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 11: And the issue has always been, you know, does it listen in a more liberal way than when you just say the talk the wake word, the talk phrase, whatever they call it on that particular platform. What is it doing with data that it might have collected when it wasn't explicitly commanded by you to do something?
Speaker 1: You know, all of these things. And we've talked about this before.
Speaker 11: There's but all kinds of studies that show that these things generally take a very liberal view to the wake phrase because and this is one of the points I try to make about IoT all the time. If they make them too difficult to use well work the pre the process very rigorous in order for it to do something, people will get frustrated and they.
Speaker 1: Won't use it. Yeah, someone with a speech impediment can't say alexa clearly enough. If it's very specific on waking it up, it won't work with someone with a piece of speech impediment. So this probably has a whole big range of words that'll make it operate. But the whole point that I see is it's got to listen to you all of the time in order to hear the operation word, which prompts it to do something correct correct.
Speaker 11: So then again the question is what is it doing with anything that is it capturing what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Right when you have political comments, your your curse, whatever you're doing at home, you know, and your intimate moments and all that kind of stuff. Clearly the problem is evident.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and there's a lot of research out there about that. A study was done years ago where they took a bunch of so called smart devices, put them in a room, turned on a TV, and just saw how often they activated. I encourage people to go find that. I'll post it in the notes. It I think would be alarming to most people. But the point here is, you know, Apple, while they have claimed no wrongdoing, there was a class action lawsuit Lopez versus Apple. Apple chose to settle it for ninety five million, which is probably like point zero ninety five cents to you and me, because they're probably making that much every minute. And you could if you've had an Apple phone between basically September of twenty fourteen and December of twenty twenty four and you believe that your phone has ever incorrectly activated, then you are you can file a claim. You can earn a potentially as much as twenty dollars up to five devices. So to Apple, your privacy is worth twenty dollars or less, because depending on the number of claims, you might get less than twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: You get one dollar or nine cents. Yes, yeah, it.
Speaker 11: Would be really good if someone in the listening audience could work up like an AI video of Tim Cook with the Navan Johnson glasses and writing writing checks for twenty dollars, you know, for the basically thesic might see what I could do today in my spare time, Brian with some a I can do it.
Speaker 5: I know you can do it.
Speaker 1: If you do, please share it with us, because we can put it up on this give up heresy dot com web page. I'll probably get a cease and assist. Yeah, we're out of time. But where do listeners go that have a sery and believe that their the rights or privacy has been violated? Along these lines?
Speaker 11: There is a settlement website, Lopez Voice Assistant Settlement.
Speaker 1: The deadline is July twentieth. You know that if you go to that website you can see the particulars of what you need.
Speaker 11: To do to submit your claim. The bigger point to me, though, is it's not a knock on Apple per se. It's not a knock on these voice driven things. You know, I don't use any of this. I have an Apple phone, I don't use Siri. The bigger point to me is, even though they claim no wrongdoing, why would they settle this lawsuit if this?
Speaker 1: If it weren't doing what they claim well, because I get jurys tend to run away and award massive verdicts, and lawyers are very, very expensive and they make heap loads of money. As you pointed out, ninety five million dollars isn't even going to be noticed by Apple, Hence the reason to get themselves out of a maybe bigger jam Tech Friday, Dave Hatter interest it dot Com. God bless you, Dave for all you do, and I'll look forward to talking with you again next Friday, my friend. If you have a great meeten and happy Father's.
Speaker 11: Day, always my pleasure, Brian, Happy Father's Day to you and all your listeners. And yeah, well maybe we'll tackle this time thing I make said, it's pretty scary.
Speaker 1: Coming up after the top of our news is Adam Taylor in Studio America Truth Summit. We'll learn about that with Adam. Stick around. News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the.
Speaker 3: Hour, we're moving very quickly at fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRC the talk station. It's seven six as we head on into a Father's Day weekend, and have you father's date all the father's out there. Brion Thomas Love when folks come into the studio to talk, and today the return of Adam Kaylor. It's always great seeing Adam and hearing what he's been up to and talking about local politics with Adam Kaylor. Good to see my friend. Good to see you again. Brian. Crime is down, Brian, Yeah, oh yeah, I know it's down.
Speaker 10: Accepted over the Ryan where it's up. Yeah, apparently it's It's absolutely wild. We just had someone just gets shot point blank. And was that the new shake shack up there in Clifton sadly, I mean it's I was just up there. I was at the Kroger like thirty minutes before that happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're kidding me.
Speaker 10: And this guy was Apparently it was a road rage incident and a guy comes in. Guys sitting there eating with his family or something.
Speaker 1: This is what I heard.
Speaker 10: I don't know those complealy details, but apparently guy comes in, just shoots a guy and jumps back in his car.
Speaker 1: They got him. The cops got him right after that.
Speaker 10: But situations like that and then what two people did yesterday, three people shot, I mean, it's it's crazy, like the amount what's happened with crime, especially downtown and you know when they say crime is down, always say for who.
Speaker 1: That's a great point, you know, for.
Speaker 10: Who, maybe it's down, and in Hyde Park, maybe it's down in some of these, you know, nicer neighborhoods, but you know places that have always struggled with crime and places that we're trying to rehab, that we're trying to bring back. You know, there's a lot of work that was putting over the right, a lot of people tested money.
Speaker 1: Well, see, that's why no one wants to talk about crime being up in there, and that's why they try to. When you know, Sarah Heninger or Herringer comes out and talks about how her husband got stabbed to death in their home in Over the Rhine by the former Over the Rhine business owner, five minutes from my house, they keep down playing the whole idea that crime is a problem in the city since then because the optics are bad. No one wants to live in an area with high crime and all of the work that they did and Over the Rhine, I'm glad you pointed out it's the point I made the other day. It's like, who'd want to live there? All the urban hipsters are going to flee because they're afraid to walk down the street in their own neighborhood.
Speaker 10: That's right, And yeah, that happened just right down the street from my house. And this is where it's all kind of located, is that northern portion of Over the Rhine, kind of in between downtown and Mount Auburn and in the west end. Unfortunately, a lot of people that purchase homes over there, you know, they're starting to question their decisions. There's a lot of Corey Bowman's over there, and of course there with his business. I mean he actually owns and runs a business in the city, and then he has the church as well. And I always ask people, I say, well, well you're you know, your vote left or whatever, you're voting for a guy who has no stake in the city, right, I mean, after what does he own? Is there anything that is there a business that he's you know, blood sweat and tears poured into. I mean, Corey actually has a business, two businesses. He has a congregation down there and over the Rhine, and he's trying to help people. I mean, someone who's actually invested his family is invested in that community. And now he's moving down growing to downtown. He just texted me the other yesterday and he's moving. He's in the middle of moving, but he's going to be closer to downtown now and closer to his business. So not only is he personally invested in these businesses, but now he's moving his family there, and unfortunately he's moving into a region that's kind of surrounded by crime. So you know, pray for everybody that lives in that area because it just seems like, you know, the current leadership is completely.
Speaker 1: Dismissive of what's happening.
Speaker 10: And you know, it took days for the mayor to say anything about this situation with this man who's just stabbed in a buddy of mine. He has cameras set up all over downtown. He's sending me clips of this guy just walking through downtown. Apparently he goes in a dumpster and finds a white blouse in the dumpster and just puts on a block. It was just like completely crazy and just walking around looking for places to just break into. I mean, this is all alleged. You know, we don't know if it's him. It was just a video that he patched together of a guy just walking around happened to be around the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was one that showed I think the actual have to call him a ledged murderer. But this, this guy named black who they picked up for the murder, walking with a knife in his hand down the street, a cake knife. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's telling me about it the day it happened, actually early that morning. You said, like a video this and that, and it's just wild and it's sad.
Speaker 12: You.
Speaker 10: I almost wonder if that video didn't exist, if there wasn't anything out there, what would happen. I mean, you got our prosecutor right now, who's promoting this no Kings thing that's sponsored by Marxists and who knows who pays them Chinese Communist Party, Chinese Communist Party probably. And you know, why are you supporting criminals who have come into this country illegally? Their first act was to come into this country illegally and an adult. Donald Trump is doing something about it. He's saying, let's deport these people who are not supposed to be here.
Speaker 8: You are a.
Speaker 1: Prosecutor, it's called enforcing the law, and that is your job.
Speaker 10: How can you be a prosecutor and you know you as a prosecutor get criticized for the things that you do. So here you are now criticizing someone else who's doing their job as the president of the United States. It's crazy to me, the hypocrisy. And then you wonder why they have a seventy percent disapproval rating in their party right now. I mean, it's the insanity that's in that party. Who's left that's a Democrat, Like, honestly, who is left?
Speaker 1: Well, the ones that actually raise their voice in opposition to the lunacy within the party, like Fetterman for example, And you think that guy was backcrap insane And honestly, I don't know if he is sane or not, but at least he is saying things that make sense to the average human being, Like he resists some of their positions and their policies, and like, Okay, there's one guy that's within the Democrat Party that's standing up against the far looney left part of the party which clearly has taken over, and he gets criticized from his own folks for that. You know, it's like, oh my god, you dare not speak about, you know, this particular issue or that particular issue. You're bucking the system. But he's not. I think actually he represents the voice of the sane Democrats in the world to the extend any remain right. Well, I mean Connie Pillage clearly has been brainwashed by the far left, lunatic friend of the Democrat Party.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Secretary of Homeland Security.
Speaker 10: No, she was speaking California, what yesterday or two days ago, and this Democrat congressman comes storming in throws this you know, just has this big old it's all theater, Brian, is.
Speaker 1: What it is? Well, you see, yes, it is designed to get clicks design. I mentioned that in connection with all of our elected officials now dropping F bombs. It's like and then you read a headline, you know, Nancy Pelosi as he says the F word or something in like she did, and you click on it. It's it's to get attention. We're trying to get And the same thing with the protesters. My regular theme for the past and these protests broke out is to point out that the greater Los Angeles community is almost thirteen million people, and there were several thousand individuals which we who are participating in the so called protest against ice, not all of them were throwing rocks and bricks, I will admit, But if thirteen million people are in the general neighborhood and three thousand people show up, that is a tiny sliver of the broader population in the area. So they are loud, they scream, they break things, they draw attention to themselves, and we all think the world's coming to an end, that revolution is afoot. But no, it's just because it's so crazy and people click on that kind of stuff and people's eyes are drawn to it, and maybe you know, the we're being drawn, our attention is being drawn to that to avoid our attention being drawn to other areas that are going on. Oh yeah, distract us. Yeah, there's a war going on right now in Iran, yeah, by Israel Baum the nuclear facilities. Another war. You know, it's just it's crazy what's happening.
Speaker 10: And then I mean, obviously in you know, there's nine hundred thousand illegals apparently in California, actually in Los Angeles, just in Los Angeles. And you know that electoral votes are tied to the number of people in your state, not just in Congress and everything else. It's all tied to the number of people and they count illegals in that number. So one of the reasons Democrats are so against deporting these illegals is because it's actually going to hurt them, yes, politically.
Speaker 1: It's not that they're compassionate and that they care about people. It's that the numbers aren't going to work out for them.
Speaker 10: The math doesn't math, and it's going to hurt them so politically, and I think that's one of the main reasons they're out here doing this kind of stuff. But it boggles the mind that this kind of stuff can happen and that people actually support this. I mean, you've got a congressman running in on the Secretary of Homeland Security and then claiming to be the victim.
Speaker 1: Alex Paedilla, California Senator.
Speaker 10: Senator, Senator, you're a senator and you're acting that way like a child, like a petulant child. This is who's left in the party. And it's sad what's become of the party because you know, I was a former Democrat. I mean, I grew up poor. You know, I thought this is who I'm supposed to vote for. These are the kind people, these are the compassionate people. But the more you learn, and this is I think why a lot of people in Cincinnati still vote Democrat. They don't have time to actually dig in to what's happening. They can't wrap their head around. Uh, the party that they grew up thinking was the Party of compassion is actually a bunch of conniving weasels.
Speaker 1: That's what's That's what's going on right now.
Speaker 10: And they're spending twenty million dollars trying to figure out why aren't young men voting for us? I know, And they're dropping F bombs now, Like to your point, every single other word, what is going on? Like that's not cool, Like people are dropping F bombs. Isn't going to bring young men back to you? You know what is going to bring young man back to you? Quit telling them that they're they're they're bad for being masculine, right, you know. Quit quit calling them say they're man explaining you all the time. Quit telling them that they're too aggressive.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know that's why you.
Speaker 10: Got men sitting in the house right now playing video games instead of out on the dating scene, having kids getting married. You got women out they clubs apparently right now by themselves. Oh, guys are just hiding out in the house because they're afraid of the hold me too situation.
Speaker 1: Let's pausoring Adam Keler back, honor ROLLI is having a good time talking politics and not going over to the general insanity of the world. We do have an event to talk about, and he's going to tell us all about the American Truth Summon. That another conversation topics with Adam Kaylor we back hold on, got to figure out which direction I'm going here. After I mentioned Zimmer Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. They've been at it for almost eighty full years, and congratulations to the Zimmer family, third generation helping area homes stay safe, efficient and comfortable. You got an HVAC problem, you want it fixed, You call Zimmer. You'll be glad you did. And right now, if the hv system's gone belly up, you can save up the fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a cool a new carrier comfort system from my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling. I call that real money. So save that money, get the brand new carrier system. You'd be glad you did. They make a heck of an HVAC unit. But of course Zimmer can manage all of your HVAC needs, so it's not just Zimmer that they take care of uh So check them out online. You can learn about all the services they offer, including like maintenance plans to extend the light of your life of your system at is go zimmer dot com. That's go zimmer dot com. And if you want to call them for an appointment, here's the number and tell them. Brian said, Hi five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety.
Speaker 3: Three fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here it is your Channa nine first warning. Weather forecasts a lot of clouds and a lot of chances of rain here, cloudy skies today, afternoon showers and storms, eighty two rain overnight as possible with mostly cloudy skies and muggy conditions sixty nine for a while, Buggy and Claudie again tomorrow with some scattered showers and storms in a high of eighty clouds and a slight chance of rain over Saturday night with the lowest sixty eight and on Father's Day mostly clouds, scattered showers and storms and any high of eighty one seventy one degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 14: From the UC Health Traffic Center from massage therapy to stress for leave named Cancer Surveillan once so you see Cancer Center Office, the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and survivors called five one, three, five eight five U see CEC Highways. Not bad at all to deal with this morning. No major time delays at Paul Into Downtown. Crews continue to work on coal Raine over two seventy five, but even there no delay. Kingram On fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty one Pikbove KRCD talk station and Happy Friday to you. Ken Williamson on the flag retirement ceremony, He's gonna join the program at seven forty. I participate in that every year and a half, I think last decade in a wonderful little event there to learn how to properly retire a flag of Reunion township. That'll take place one of the multitude of things going on and on our Flag Day tomorrow. And the Colping Society is going to be in for the shoots Infest which is also this weekend. Many opportunities to do things other than join Connie Pillach in protests like what everything I don't know, Adam Taylor in studio. We got a little bit of our system there in the first segment. Oh yeah, a little bit. We had to cover a lot well, and we didn't even scratch the surface. We didn't even scratch a surface. We had the main topics that are that are flying around on Twitter right now or X I guess it is now? Yeah, and truth I guess American Truth Summit. Speaking of which, what is this all about, Adam Kaylor.
Speaker 10: So, we are building some technology now. We have a company called Content Credits and we're testing it out. We need to find a partner to test this out with, hopefully a big, big publishing company. So we go to this sub summit subscription summit in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Last week.
Speaker 10: I met with fourteen different publishers New York Times, Washington Post, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Went down a list.
Speaker 10: Uh, one of the ones that was really interested in working with us, and we're going to go meet with them this upcoming week.
Speaker 1: Is the Epic Times. Some people say Epoch Times. I say Epoch only too specifically because of the spelling. Yeah, if you say Epic Times, and I know that's the appropriate pronunciation. If you're English. It's like tomato tomato. Both are appropriate. But we supposed to hear Europeans say epak yeah, pc. But if you want to spell it right, say epoch epoch And so I know how to send people to the website by pronouncing it that way. But anyway I use that site. I find it to be very very informative and well truthful as well, very truthful.
Speaker 10: Well, we're meeting with We met with the CEO and went to dinner with her, went to lunch with her, you know.
Speaker 15: Three days.
Speaker 10: We pretty much spent with her and we got to know her pretty well. And she was in a Communist labor camp under MAO when she was younger. Her both her parents were engineers. Well, I guess MAO decided they didn't need engineers anymore, so stuck her whole family in a labor camp. Eventually made her way to the United States. One of her employees, we were talking to him during the summit and he made some I guess comments on a chat group at one point, so they stuck him in a detention camp for thirty days. Beat him, he said, on every part of his body for the first three days he was there. While showing him copies of what he said on this chat group. So the first chance he got to come to America, he seek asylum and now he's an American productive citizen.
Speaker 1: Chief Technical Officer was he yeah, I think he's he's yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: So he yeah.
Speaker 10: So we had a really good conversation with him, and I asked her, I said, so, you guys are a conservative paper. She said, we're not. We don't consider ourselves a conservative paper. We seek the truth, that's all she said. She said, we seek the truth. And then that kicked off something in my head. And while we're sitting there at dinner with her, I said, would you would you be interested in coming to Cincinnati? I said, you know what a lot of prominent politicians right now from the Cincinnati. You got vivek, you got J. D. Thomas Massey, you know Bayner, former Speaker of the House, was from here. Mitch McConnell's not you know, Mitch Ronald ran Paul ron Paul. I said, you know what, we could probably get Warren Davidson. We can probably get a lot of really good people to come to this summit. So I reached out to my friend Gabe at turning point.
Speaker 1: He came in. You know, you spoke a little bit about it.
Speaker 10: The folks from AFP American Prosperity awesome, Adam Bowling, and I mentioned Wrightbart to you there on my PROGRAMM.
Speaker 1: At right, Bart would be amazing. We also need an mc bryan. But but we've got uh.
Speaker 10: I think we've got something really good going on, and maybe Jim Jordan, Jim Jordan potentially.
Speaker 1: It's it's I don't want to overlook any of them, you know, I was thinking when Davidson, yeah, he'd be more at the top of the list if I had to start writing there, not to overlook at Warren Davidson. But yeah, I mean we're you're right, You've identified a whole bunch of solid folks, if I might point out. Yeah, so I start rattling these people so kind of you said, I knew that was an error. Yeah, yeah, well yeah, but he's from you know, prominent, you know person, big name guy.
Speaker 10: But you know, I said, hey, look at all these people. I'm just rattling all these people off. And she's like, wow, that's you know, that's impressive. So I talked to her, talked to some folks at the the CEO of The Washington Examiner. A couple of days ago, I spoke to him on the phone. Uh, this woman works with him who's from Louisville, and she recognizes the fact that there's a lot of people from here. And Scott Jennings is from Louisville, the guy on CNN who's just like ripping them constantly. So you've got a lot of really big name people here. I think we get a conference together. But you know, being in Cincinnati makes sense. You know, it's a blue city, blue county obviously that I've run in in bringing these folks here to tell the truth, right, this is what I want and connecting some of the journalists or some of the prominent journalism groups. VAZ Media huge in Central and South America. Now they've come up here. I think they started in America in the United States in twenty two and now they've grown to be one of the biggest Spanish speaking channels out there. So possibly bringing them in as well. But we're thinking about maybe late September early October. You know, kids are back in school, people have kind of settled back in after the summer, and maybe doing it up at the Sharonville convention center because it's more up in that air, and plus you're not gonna have a you know, downtown would be probably a protesting.
Speaker 1: Pause. We'll bring out them back to talk a little bit more about this. Sounds like an amazing concept. I want to mention Chimney caref Fireplace and stove. Get your chimney inspected. Whether you have a gas or wood burner, chimneys need to be inspected. The primary concern up there if you let things get a little run down, water damage and you do not want that happening in your home. It could be a very costly problem. Well, let the Chimney Care, Fireplaces Stove come out to your home and they will for freet inspect and evaluate your exterior chimney the ending wrong. They are the the just absolute amazing crew to take care of any problems that are identified. Now, if you have a wood burner, take advantage of the woodburning Sweeping Evaluation special going on right now just one hundred and sixty nine to ninety nine. Include a video camera inspection for your wood burning chimneys. Obviously, you certified chimney sweep will sweep it all out, making sure it is all running or properly safe, though when the temperatures drop again, you can use it with peace of mind. So for either or both two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus of a better business. Brew locally in and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Learn more about the company or book the appointment online. It's Chimneycareco dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here's the Channine weather forecast. Kind of repetitive. I will say mostly cloudy afternoon showers and storms today eighty two for the high overnight mostly cloudy, muggy chances rain sixty nine, Mostly cloudy. Tomorrow, muggy, scattered showers of storms, high of eighty mostly cloudy overnight flight chance of rain sixty eight and finding for Frisday, mostly cloudy's scattered showers and storms. High of eighty one, seventy two degrees. Right now time for traffic from.
Speaker 15: The ucup Transits Center.
Speaker 14: From massage therapy to stress relief fan cancer surveillance. The UC Cancer Center offers the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and survivors, called five one three five eighty five see C.
Speaker 15: It continues to be a very quiet morning on the highways. No wha accidents to deal with, no delays either.
Speaker 14: I found four seventy one under five minutes from to seventy five southbound, seventy one wide open pans Field zertle Set kingbram On fifty five KRC, The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seventh thirty one, fifty five KRC Detok Station, Brian Thomas Adam Kayler in studio talking about this American truth. Somebody's putting together some prominent media figures, news news outlets like Epic Times, and maybe a bunch of others, and maybe some prominent right proper thinking politicians will show up too. As you were just rattled off a great, great list of folks that seem to have some clarity when it comes to the more complicated issues of politics that are going on in this world.
Speaker 10: Adam, Yeah, and you know, I want it to be about a lot of things. I don't want it to just be a big conference of complaining, right I you know, I want it to be faith, family and truth. I think would be a really good topic. I've got some people that I think could could speak to that, veterans. It'd be great to have a guy like Orlando Sonza obviously, Fernando Cruz, who's helping me put it together, big donor to the party. Uh, he's been great, helped out vivek a lot with a you know, having people do his house for a fundraiser. Fernando's awesome. Maybe some folks from the da V would be great. Uh you know, maybe uh, you know, some some police officers would be nice to have up there just talk about what's going on downtown, talk about what they see every day.
Speaker 1: I think that would be interesting. Education.
Speaker 10: Uh, the public schools, I mean, those things are a disaster and what have those become? Just like Marxist training camps. Uh, maybe we bring somebody in. I've got a friend royal Mont Academy. He's the president up there and it's a private school. Have him come in and talk about like why are why are more and more people sending their kids to schools like his? And what are they seeing college Hillsdale College exactly. So You've got a lot of good things out there that we could talk about when it comes education, media, misinformation, censorship. At the Times, they told me they were banned from advertising on Facebook, on Google, they were demonetized on YouTube. So One of the reasons we're going out there is because I own a digital ad agencies. We're gonna kind of help them with with some of that as well. And then policy, you know, what are what's going on the Washington Examiner, the CEO told me yesterday. The thing that really sets them apart is they dig into the policy. So they'll look at the big beautiful bill, for example, and they'll break it down for individual groups. They'll say, hey, are you a real estate investor, Here are some things that are going to make it easier for you to do this. Are you worried about regulation? Right, here are some of the things that are getting deregulated. Here, you know, whatever it is in that bill, they'll break it down for people. So they're in deep in Washington, and they're trusted by a lot of policymakers, So GOP policymakers, they essentially look to them for information.
Speaker 1: So since they're not reading their own da I mean, yeah, let's be honest.
Speaker 10: Their aids are built reading those so but but yeah, I mean, I think the second largest conservative news organization next to Fox The Washington Examiner, Yeah, yeah, and Epic Times is the fourth largest newspaper in the country, and they're number one when it comes to actual like paper readership, which is interesting. Yeah, yeah, tons, I mean they've got I think thirty million, thirty million daily readers of their stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a tenth of the United States practice. That's solid. A lot of that is big, bigger than I ever imagine at them it really. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So you get some national attention here, and you bring in these big media organizations like the Washington Examiner, like Epic Times, like VOZ Media, and you bring those folks here, and obviously being the size that they are, that's going to bring national attention to what's going on here in Cincinnati. Sure, and you know politicians, they're elections always around the corner, so you know, hopefully we can get a lot of them to show up. And just my connections with the GOP and stuff, I don't think it's going to be very hard to get those folks here. But I mean there's people out there that I think, what's want to sponsor something like this. We've already got a couple of folks lined up, so if anybody's interest, so you could always find me.
Speaker 1: I'm Adam from price Hill on Twitter.
Speaker 10: Still underscore hustling if you want to find me on there and DM me if you're interested in maybe sponsoring, or if you know somebody, or if you have any ideas some topics that you'd be interested in hearing about at a summit like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, putting together the well, the syllabus that's going to govern the entire seminar should be fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm excited about it. So, I mean, I think it's just something that needs to happen. I think this is the right place for it to happen. And I think a lot of people around here are pretty politically balanced. I don't think people are too off one end or the well, there are some folks that are, I think too far left probably here. Yeah, maybe maybe somebody who's supposed to represent everybody but is clearly partisan, like extremely partisan. But yeah, I think, you know, Cincinnati in general is a good place because you could talk to people here, right, And I can get a little worked up about politics sometimes, but it's just like I see the problems that are happening.
Speaker 1: I pay attention.
Speaker 10: I think a lot of a lot of people that listen to your show pay attention, and they just get frustrated because they keep seeing the same things happening over and over again, the same spending, you know, the insane spending in Washington. You think things are gonna change and then they don't change, Right, what's going on?
Speaker 1: What's in this bill?
Speaker 10: You got guys like Warren Davidson and Thomas Massey who raised their hand and say, hey, wait a minute, I thought we were cutting spending. Here we are with another two trillion dollars exactly in spending. And God blessed Trump and everything he's doing with immigration, and you know, he's making a lot of moves for one hundred and what fifty something days or something in office at this point, I mean, he's accomplished.
Speaker 1: A lot more than most doing it a lot more.
Speaker 10: And you know how hard it is when you're trying to pass legislation to get people to sign off on it. I mean, there's always going to be some pork in these bills, and they're always going to be massive, And if you want to get something like the border wall complete, they're gonna want to throw in some military spending. They're gonna want to throw in this in that, And you know, as a libertarian, it's just see that stuff and it just you just throw your hands up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well my perspective, if you can't pass an audit Department of Defense, and you shouldn't get any money or any more money. And that's just some I mean, I found out hexit pointed out they were funding through the Department of Defense to study to shove marbles up cat's rear ends for the purpose of studying erectile dysfunction and constipation or something like that. I mean, and that was it was documented. This isn't something he made up. He was testifying in front of the subcommittee the other day. It's like, wait, how does that happen? That's right? How is it that I am laboring, I am working, and you are working, and we were paying federal taxes and some sliver of that is going to something as preposterous, so preposterous that I couldn't even make up that kind of study just randomly, you know, break up some crazy study. Brian, Well, let me see, how about shoving marbles up cats? But if you'd think I was out of my mind or some kind of twisted pervert, but lo and behold, ten million plus dollars going to that insane. It is absolutely insane. Adam, I love the idea in the concept always enjoy talking with you. I appreciate the time you spoll my listeners me today. You and I will talk again online and of course here in the fifty five KRC Morning Show. As things develop, as you learn more about America Truth Summit, please pass along the details here in the morning Show.
Speaker 10: I will well, we'll get a website set up here pretty soon, you know, as we start to nail down some of the speakers, and yeah, we'll just keep it rolling, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Adam ko e h l e R. If you're trying to search for them and give him some help or advice or recommendations on the American Truth somebody's working on, get in touch with them online. Have a great day, Adams, great talking with you. YouTube run seven thirty eight cut up in seven thirty nine fifty five KRC DE Talk Station. We'll learning about the flag retirement ceremony taking place in Union Township tomorrow with Ken Williamson, veteran he is. That'll be next by first, imaging can be affordable if you go to affordable imaging services like I did earlier this week, yet another CT scan. It'll come with the board certified radiologist report the equipment they used. The CT scan, Well for me, it's the same as hospitals. But no, I didn't have to pay five thousand dollars like you would at a hospital. I paid twelve hundred dollars because basically my was two scans. So with a contrast, a CT scan is only six hundred dollars. If you don't need a contrast, it's four hundred and fifty. Go ahead and call your hospital imaging to farm and ask them what they charge. You're gonna be blown away. That same thing with echo cardiograms. Plus you have to wait around maybe weeks or a month before they can get you in Affordable imaging services called on Monday. Was there at noon on a Tuesday. That's how quick they got me, And it'll be the same with you. So learn more online about all the pricing and everything. Remember every image comes with a certified board, certified radiologist report. Just call him at five to one three seven five three eight thousand. Exercise your right to choose when it comes to medical care five one three seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Time for the Channel nine weather forecast, A lot of repetition of this forecast. Mostly cloudy today, afternoon showers and storms possible eighty two for the high clouds, muggy conditions with a chance of rain. Overnight sixty nine, clouds, muggy, scattered showers and storms. Tomorrow eighty oh night sixty eight with clouds in a slight chanceerrain. Father's Day, clouds gotter shower, showers and storms, and I have eighty one seventy two right now. Traffic times from.
Speaker 15: The UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 14: From Besides therapy to stress relief and cancer surveillance, the u SE Cancer Center offers the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and survivors, called five one, three, five.
Speaker 15: Eight five u SE CEE CEE.
Speaker 14: Just beginning to see a few break lights sat bound two seventy five approaching the Carroll Cropper Bridge from the Lawrenceburg Ramp northbound seventy five spilding through the cutno major time delay into downtown Chuck kingbra Month fifty five KR.
Speaker 15: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty three coles forty four to fifty five KR City talk station Flag retirement ceremony, Proper respect to the flag, proper displaying of the flag, what those stars and stripes on the flag mean, and how you appropriately retire a flag. All that and so much more come tomorrow. Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter six forty nine represented by today veteran Ken Williamson. It's pleasure to have you back on.
Speaker 5: Ken.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Morning Show, and thanks for your service to our country.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Brian, thanks for having me. I can't believe it's been fifteen years we've been doing this.
Speaker 1: If I've been doing it ever since you started, absolutely, Oh my god, I've been saying. I know I've been doing it for like ten years. I couldn't remember specifically, and I got the materials. I was like, this is the fifteenth, and I was just wondering. Was I there at the first one? I guess I was. It's always a real honor to be invited. Just saying a few words, and I have an appreciation, you know, for the boy Scouts. It showed up, I show up, but also what you do. And a salute and thanks to Steve Tam veteran Steve Tam, founder of the VVA six forty nine flag Retirement Ceremony. I know Steve has not been in the best of health, but man, I hope he's there. But he had such a profound passion for the American flag, and ken I love telling the story about how Steve tam when he would see a tattered flag being flown, like at a business or a home, he go up and knock on the door and tell him about it and say, you got to take that thing down.
Speaker 13: Yes he would, And he was just a tremendous supporter of this program, having started it back when we did. And the stories of him going around and collecting flags are known across the county.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they are. And he I mean he would. He would start out in a gentle fashion, but if he was met with any pushback, he could be very defensive about his position on the under respect for the flag.
Speaker 13: Oh absolutely, And sometimes he'd even offer to go out and buy a new flag. Yes he would to the people if they couldn't afford it.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of that, we'll talk about what we're going to do there on tomorrow. But it is an opportunity for folks to get a flag, because you're going to have some flags to hand out. A three foot by five foot flag you got first, what the first ten people who bring a flag to be retired get one.
Speaker 13: Yes, that's correct, and we do a little ceremony at the end where we present them with a new flag. So we'll gather their flags when they arrive and give them a coupon. In that coupon they'll present at the end of the ceremony and receive.
Speaker 5: Their free flag.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. And now, folks, if your flag is you know, faded, if it's tattered and falling apart, the right proper and respectful thing to do is no longer display it. So bring that flag to the ceremony tomorrow. We're going to be the Union Township Civic Center Amphitheater, which is on I Colts Road. It's forty three fifty I could and if it rains, you've got an indoor area secured, ken.
Speaker 5: Yes, we do.
Speaker 13: If it rains, we'll be inside the Senior Center, which is which is part of that building complex. It's on the far left side. We'll have signs directing people so you won't get well. But we you know, following the Boy Scouts a motto always be prepared. We arrange for an indoor areas because it looks like we are going to get rained out.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 1: Well, we're all kind of praying for me because of this ridiculous protests that are going on all around town. But since you have an indoor space, we can all pray for rain for that.
Speaker 13: But yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 1: So you're going to be there. The Boy Scouts are going to be They're the ones that walk through the appropriate that describing what each of the individual stripes represents, and what the color field represents, and the gradual dismantling of the flag, and then of course burning it.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, exactly because we indoors, most likely we won't be burning the flag.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true that that's the.
Speaker 13: Traditional manner of retiring the flag with the Boy Scouts will explain what each stripe means on the flag. They will also do a flag folding demonstration and each fold has a meaning as well, and many people don't don't know that. And you know, Steve tam is always talking about, you know, bring your children and bring your grandchildren to find out how to properly display the flag and fold it and respect it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sure there's a lot of adults of a listening audience that don't know the proper and respectful ray to retire a flag. So show up. It's usually you know, lightly attended, which I mean, I don't know why more people don't show up. But if you want to feel a little patriotism and honor the flag, which is kind of a rare thing these days, it's a wonderful opportunity to do. It. Starts at one pm. Ceremony usually lasts a total of what like an hour would you say, ken, Yeah.
Speaker 13: It's about an hour long, and it moves very very quickly, and there's tons of information that the Boy Scouts will be presenting. And if you you know, if you can't make it, you just absolutely have to retire a flag.
Speaker 5: We have several locations where you can drop those off.
Speaker 1: That's right, and you keep those. Those are all year round, correct.
Speaker 13: Those are all year round. Union Township Civic Center of course, is one of them. Everything Bagels an Eastgate, all Union Township fire stations, and of course the Claremont County Veterans Service Office in Batavia.
Speaker 1: Of course, thee Belzos making sure you have a place to retire your flag over there.
Speaker 7: Yes, can.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it as I always do, and strongly encourage my listeners. Joe Strekro put a link with the information about my blog page fifty five car seat dot com. So in case you're like, well, where was it and what time was it and what's going to be going on, you get that information there. So easy to go to fifty five kr seat dot com for that and you know, choose something to write to do. It's Flag Day, so let's remember the flag and learn something at the same time. Tomorrow again. Forty three fifty I Colts Road Union Township Civic Center, either the the theater if it's not ring, or inside the Senior Center. That's a beautiful facility you got out there, Ken.
Speaker 5: Yes, it really is.
Speaker 13: It continues a lot by the public, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that. Yeah, I really am, because it is such a really nicely built facility. It's just a really great location too, so easy to get to. Ken Williamson, I will see you tomorrow at least by one, if not sooner. I know the one year it was I was a little bit late. Sorry. One out of fifteen. You know that was a pretty good batting average.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 1: Take care of brother.
Speaker 13: Thanks We're really looking forward to seeing you and having a great time retiring.
Speaker 1: The flag indeed, and we will tomorrow one pm. Hope you see a lot of listeners there as well. Ken take care of yourself and thanks as always for your service to our country. It's seven fifty one here at fifty five K see the talk station and a great time to mention twenty two three on Roup forty two between Mason eleven and my favorite firearms store and indoor range and my favorite people who own it, Wendy and Jeff. They are just wonderful, wonderful people, and the staff there are knowledgeable and friendly and man. Since it's Father's Day weekend, bring dad in. All dads shoot for free as an extra shooter on the range. So get some quality time and with dad, squeeze off a few rounds and maybe get him a gift card. Yeah, or buy him a gift. If you're out there with them, say hey, dad, what do you want? And get them a firearm. They have a great selection of firearms. Prices are outstanding at twenty two three long guns, handguns. They have a huge selection of pre owned firearms. Save yourself a little bit more money. The range is unbelievably safety with the range safety officers and knowledgeable floor staff to help you with your your selections. Thank you for carrying microtech knives, Wendy. I carry one every day. They have those there and they also have a gunsmith classes. You can get dad a training class, So do that. Get the twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon to learn more. It's twenty two to three dot com the number twenty two five by the word three spelled out twenty two three.
Speaker 3: Dot com fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: Eighth five coming to at oh six. If you have Greci de talk station Friday and you know when you hear German music, thank you mister german Man. Joe Strecker, executive producer. You know you got some kind of festival going down in the city of Cincinnati at German Festival, and it's one of the best ones. I know I'm exhibiting a little bit of bias, but I was previously the Schutzendmeister, which made me king for a day in studio, the King of these shuts. Infest Scott along with Paul representatives from the Culping Society is the German Club that puts on shitts Infest every year. It's got a wild history behind it, and it happens to be America's oldest German festival. They've been doing this since eighteen sixty six. Welcome to the studio, Paul and Scott. Great having you in here, guys im and congratulations Scott. I didn't know I was told that you are the king and you're gonna tell the story about how you become king of the shuts Infest because it evolves shooting, hence the Shutzuen Shooting Festival, and I've enjoyed it for so many years and have participated in the shooting competition, much by chagrin, never did win. But there's two sort of separate events. You have the group shooting event, but then you also have the opportunity to become the king, which involves this cool story behind it. So Scott, let's start with you and explain the origins of shoots Infest before we get the details about the German festival, which goes on over three today, right today through Sunday. That's right, okay, So there you have it, generally speaking, and we'll talk about what happens when it rains. No problem whatsoever at Colping Park. But tell us the story behind shoots Infestcott Well.
Speaker 7: Shoots in Fest is a festival built all the way around a shooting competition. That's where it started and it's spread over the course of three days. Now, even though the shooting competition Sunday and Sunday afternoon, members of the Culping Society take a shot at a wooden eagle with twenty two's. Whoever gets the last piece of the eagle down becomes king for the year, and.
Speaker 1: That carries a lot of responsibility among the Colping Society.
Speaker 7: Yes, you become a ambassador for Colping throughout the German community and the community at large for an entire year. You throw six parties, I believe it is yep.
Speaker 1: You personally, yeah, six six weddings.
Speaker 7: It is like a lot like weddings over and over again.
Speaker 9: And Scott, right now, you're tempting go for doing one hundred different events in your reign.
Speaker 7: As a hundred king. I think this appearance here is number ninety seven. So tonight it shoots and Fest ninety eight, tomorrow's ninety nine and Sunday will be one hundred.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's unbelievable. Man, that's great. I've always been told by the colping folks it's one of those you better understand because if you're a good shot, you know you might have a chance of hitting that last flake of wood, but you better be prepared to do a lot of work because it's not just the joy of being crowned king and being a good shot, it's just you've got a lot of responsibility on your hands.
Speaker 7: It's a lot of work, but it's a lot of rewarding work.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you're hanging out with a bunch of German people's usually drinking beer, eating great food.
Speaker 7: Yeah, most of the time. I've put on a few pounds this year.
Speaker 1: It's easy to do. And thanks for bringing in the amazing soft pretzels and the strudle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we we have everything at the coping Shots and Fast, but we're often known for our beer and we have a variety of different beers, long before craft beers were popular. We've got Varsteiner, Polana, Cernick, Ludwig Krombacher, got some other craft beers like Mad Tree. So on the adult beverage department we're covered. And then for pastries, we've got sabatis and we've allowed you to partake in a few hot, fresh pretzels that are in the in the room there. They just took them out of the oven when I picked them up this morning.
Speaker 1: And you don't know that I've been I've been really, really really trying to be restrictive on my carb intake. I walk around the corner and there's two six packs of ice cold beer, a huge a couple of box of these amazing pretzels and a big giant boxes survives.
Speaker 9: So we take care of our good people here. But again about you, Brian. For the weekend, we've got a massive beer hall. It never rains in the beer hall, so.
Speaker 1: It's comfortable, it's air conditioned. You got you got the beverages and the food in there. That's where you go in and get a lot of the food. Anyway, waiting before we move away from beverages. Obviously you got a lot of beers, which is great. You'd expect that with the German Festival. Do you have the shoots and snaps again this year?
Speaker 9: I believe we do. And we also have the wine that one of the local vineyards provides. Okay, good, so yeah, we we we have everything on the fan of the shoots and snops. Yeah, we got the shoots and stops and the shots and cart that you can. We'll be rolling it around the electric shops.
Speaker 1: Carts are the crazy party people from the Booman folks?
Speaker 9: Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, they will be there with the uh, the appropriate accouterments.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you'll have theger sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Oh you know again, they just memories of my father and my grandfather sit in his basement stinking the entire room up. And it wasn't a huge room. I mentioned that to my listeners before. Just Rye bread, Limberger mayonnaise and red onion slices was how they would eat it. Man, you could smell that from a mile away. Never been a huge fan of Limber, but it's there for folks who wanted in terms of the uh, the Keg tappings today, right, that's.
Speaker 7: Right, we've got failure from Germany. Felicia Hoffna's she has seven hundred thousand YouTube followers on her channel, and so this Keg tapping is going to go global. It will, Oh that's cool. I'm sure it'll be live broadcast on the YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Well, we're like sister cities with Munich, aren't we.
Speaker 7: There we are FLI is from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that works out great. Yeah, as luck would have it, so putting us on the map at least in the Greater Munich area. And that what times of keg tapping.
Speaker 7: Keg tapping is right at seven pm tonight seven pm tonight at Colping Park yep. And for those of the more health conscious, we do have a one k beer run. It only has two beer stops in the run, so you know, you get that and then the King will hear it be there at the end of the of the one k run for your shot of schnaps of your choice. And then we also have a steinholding contest on Saturday from a holfper house and then of course we have the major shooting on Sunday, so lots of things to do.
Speaker 1: And the steineholding, you know, that's when you got a full stin of beer and you have to hold it straight out perpendicular to the ground until parallel.
Speaker 9: Parallel the ground, last man, last woman standing. And some people are like they practiced this. There are some crazy people. Look, they get barbells and they hold they spend all their days holding a barbell, like a ten pound barbell straight out. Take some stamina to do that. That's one word for it. We're actually the prelims to advance all the way to Munich. If you win Cincinnati, you go to Cleveland and New York the Munich.
Speaker 1: Oh this is a global competition is Oh that's wild. I didn't know that.
Speaker 15: Cool.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Now you always have some all kinds of sort of events going on. You get the culping dancers or something like that. Yes, yes, I'm one of them. So we'll be dancing.
Speaker 9: We have the Ensign dancers, we have the donor shop and dancers, and they happened throughout the weekend as well, normally twice, like we dance Saturday and Sunday, both at six o'clock. So it's it's really great to see the old traditions that you know are from the old country.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I've gotten to the dobbin Trobas books. They were here for Schwabinfest last week, right, and so we talked last week about how all the German clubs and they're a whole bunch of them. They give you guys all play nicely together. Well, absolutely, just the parade is going to happen as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, there's the parade today for Friday's parade, it's the cake tapping parade today at six forty five. That's a smaller one. On Sunday, two o'clock is the main parade to open the ceremonies for shooting at five o'clock. I will join the new King, whoever that may be, for his parade.
Speaker 1: Get your wallet out, buddy.
Speaker 9: But it's a great a great honor, it is it souys great. And then also we've got a lot of great food. We have Yeager Schnitzel dinners and chicken dinners made by our coping families.
Speaker 1: So you even sell the seasoning too, oh for the chicken, I could very well be I don't know that. Yeah, I bought some of them at the festival one year.
Speaker 9: It's a great family event. Bring your kids, bring everybody you know, you'll have a great time. And again we've got plenty of indoor space under the tent, so you won't have any problems no matter what the weather is.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I'll tell you what. We'll take an early breaker and bring you guys back and we'll give the address again. Some of the more details about the time, the times of the various events, and a little more information about the food because I had my thoughts and mind on one particular dish that I love that you guys always have and I'm sure you got to go on this weekend. So more on the Culping Society. Awesome co Colding Society shitts and Fest taking place this weekend. It's a fifteen to fifty five krcy Detalk.
Speaker 3: Station Don't Go Away fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: The Capital one cardholders can score their iHeartRadio music Take nineteen if any above carrisy Detalk Station.
Speaker 1: Shuts and Fest begins today. Show up any day either today, tomorrow or Sunday. Enjoy what we call umutlei Kite, which is just basically having a great time drinking beer, eating great food and institutio to talk about all that. Coping Society members Paul and Scott. The facility is located at one zero two three five ten two thirty five Mill Road. They've got plenty of parking and of course because it looks like it's going to rain, no worries there still show up and enjoy. They have lots of lots of space indoors and a huge tent that they have they've erected for the event. But we'll keep our fingers crossed that at least the rain doesn't land in that greater area so everyone can enjoy the commutic kite. You've got special Father's Day thing going on. You were talking off air, and I didn't realize fathers get in on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fathers are free on Sunday, free admission. And it's a great place to take dad, to have a couple of liters of beer.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, and enjoy some great food, the schnitzel. You're gonna have the schnitzel this year.
Speaker 9: I was thinking about the Jaeger Schnitzel and the chicken dinners and great home cooked meals. You'll you won't go away hungry for sure. And also the event is Friday from six to eleven, Saturday three to eleven, and Sunday one to nine. And as we mentioned four the admission is five dollars per person, except that's get in for you on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, I mentioned off air about people competing in the just the shooting contest, the not the contest to be king, you got to be a Colping Society member to do that. I get that all day long. But the teams are filled, but the teams are each comprised of members of different German clubs, as I understand they are.
Speaker 7: We've got an umbrella organization in Cincinnati, the GaCl German American Citizens League. I believe there's over thirty, maybe forty member clubs within that umbrella organization. Each of them are eligible to have a team or two in the club shooting competition.
Speaker 1: Okay, and as of this morning, there was only one one team space open. But that you said, that's probably yeah, that's probably sold out by now, that's great. This is what happens when you wait on Campa Disbey. Get in line early, right, you can be on to get a team together next year. I was fortunate enough to be invited by Jim and Anna Stuttenberg, who Jim wasn't Jim a prior king as well.
Speaker 9: No, but he ran the shot and fest and his wife for ten years.
Speaker 1: Absolutely just absolutely wonderful folks.
Speaker 9: We have a deadly gratitude of then, for all the work they've done last ten years to get us to where we are now.
Speaker 1: Indeed, so we mentioned the dancers.
Speaker 9: How about music, Yeah, we have music, German music and even some rock music. I believe on in the evenings. But we've got in the pavilion, we have music in the hall, we have music out in the field. We have music. So you can find any type of genre you'll be you'll be good for any of the German music.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joe Ramstein is coming. He said, it's about all right. Some people got that, you know, it's it just depends on your taste, right. Oh man, So craft work also the craft works getting back together to uh to show up at the shoots infest this week as well Altobahn. Some people got that one in that one too. Uh So what else do we need to know?
Speaker 7: Talk about the Grand Raffle?
Speaker 1: Oh, the Grand Raffle? How did I overlook that?
Speaker 7: Go ahead? We have four tickets to give away for the Bayron mentioned game on Sunday. That'll be drawn Saturday.
Speaker 1: The rest that's the soccer game, the club World Cup, the World Cup soccer game. See, I'm not a fan of soccer. I don't follow it, you know. And and I had forgotten about that because we had talked about here in the morning show. I don't know a month or so ago that it was coming. That's a big deal.
Speaker 7: It is Cincinnati. The host that that is amazing. Yeah, a lot of good work done by a lot of people, I'm sure. Yeah, and problems. I guess FC Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure they were heavily involved with that, and absolutely, you know a little skeptical and jaded and cynical about it because tax dollars were at work when they built that place, but not nearly the amount that went into the pall or the pay Course stadium. But that's I don't want to go down the political road while we're talking about heaving fun.
Speaker 7: And soccer is not your thing. There's other prizes in the Grand Raffle, premium seats for the Reds. We got Bengals versus Steelers tickets oh out of and some FCCT tickets that includes warm ups at the field level.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 7: So there's four big prizes in the Grand Raffle, all sports related.
Speaker 1: Well vunderbar and they have items for sale too, usually like steins and and Durndell's and things. Are you doing that as well this year? Plenty of merchandise.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, And if you need more information on the websites, there's a couple of different websites. There's www dot Colping, Cincinnatia dot com and shoots and fests since with a Y dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and from my non German friends sc h U E t z E n F E s T since he with a Y dot com. You don't need to remember that fifty five kr SA dot com English speaking, Spanish speaking, German speaking you can remember fifty five kr SA dot com. Joe's got the links right there, of course he does. So have we left out any details that my listeners need to know about or other draws for the festival, because right now you got me convinced.
Speaker 7: Now, if you like watching kids shoot, shout out to the junior King, my son Martin Schultz, and the junior Queen, Vivian DeFranco. The kids shoot at targets also on Sunday while the adults are shooting to become king.
Speaker 1: Oh great, Well, you know the one thing I meant to have you tell the story about why you shoot at a wooden eagle. This is like this goes back centuries, correct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fifteen hundreds or fifteenth century, I believe, so they'd be the fourteen hundreds. Child was in the woods and an eagle was going to attack the child, and a marksman hit that eagle with the crossbow.
Speaker 1: That's why you have an eagle as a t They.
Speaker 7: Made that gentleman the king for the year in the town, and we've done this every year since the fifteen hundreds.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: Interesting system of elected officials. It's like the lady of the leg holding a loft ex caliber, thereby signifying that you know, Arthur was going to be King of the Britons, right, Joe seeking his head at me. I'm sorry, it's Friday, Scott paul Man. It's been great having you in studio. I hope you have a glorious shits infest. And again, don't worry, folks, if it rains, show up anyway. They got wonderful indoor space and tent space. You still get to enjoy all the entertainment and fun and food and these shooting activities and the crowning of a naming and crowning of a new king on Sunday. Right, good luck to whoever that is, and that right on over. You'll have a great time, a great time, folks, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Father's Day, to the extent it applies to either of you. I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day and looking forward to it myself. Eight and again again real quick as we close out this segment, fathers are free. You get into the ships infest for free if you're a dead on Sunday, So take advantage of that. A twenty six right now. If you have kc DE talk stations, stick around. We've got more to talk about, and I will take phone calls if you care to call in.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: It is your channel. Iine first one and one. Forecast repetitive as it may be. Here you go again. Mostly cloudy afternoon showers and storms today with a high of eighty two, got a sixty nine low overnight with mostly cloudy sky's muggy and a chance of rain. Tomorrow guess, mostly cloudy, muggy, scattered showers and storms, high of eighty, mostly Claudi overnight with a slight chance of rain in the low of sixty eight, and on Father's Day, mostly Claudi, scattered showers and storms. I have eighty one, seventy two degrees right now. Let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 14: From the UCLP Tramphing Center. From Massionce Therapy to stressed for theaf and cancer surveillment. So you see Cancer Center offers the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and survivors. Call five one, three, five to eighty five uc CC getting reports of a new accident. He's found two seventy five and forty two in Sharonville northbound fourth seventy one.
Speaker 15: Had a wreck on the bridge for a very short time. That's now clear. Chuck ing Ram on fifty five krs the talk station, Hey.
Speaker 1: Thirty on a Friday, and a happy one to you, and happy Father's Day all the dad's out there, And a happy Father's Day to my father, looking down hopefully with a smile on his face. I sure do miss my dad, and I know a lot of folks out there that have also lost their fathers. But isn't a wonderful thing that we had one in the first place. At least mine was in my life, and I thoroughly appreciate it. And of course I blussed to still have my mom around. Take a mom out for a birthday dinner tonight. Let's get to the phones five one, three, seven, four nine, eight hundred and eight two three talk pound five fifty on at and t phones. Care to call, got a comment, love to hear from you. Let's see what Bobby's got this morning. Bobby, thanks for calling in.
Speaker 5: Hey, my brother.
Speaker 12: Happy father Day, Happy Flag Day, Happy Trump's Birthday, Happy military celebration for two hundred and fifty years. Happy Juneteenth coming up, and especially today, Happy Friday, the thirteenth.
Speaker 1: There you got got lots of things to be thankful and happy for on a Friday. And in advance of the song and the bumper music I love so much. What a wonderful world as long as you're looking in the right places, right, Bobby, that's right.
Speaker 12: My friend. Just look forward and stay out of their way.
Speaker 1: Stay out of the way. He go ahead.
Speaker 12: No, you know, if everybody just mind their own business and shut their pie hole, wouldn't it be a wonderful world?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, see, that's why I'm a libertarian, Bobby.
Speaker 15: You know, I trust you.
Speaker 1: I know how I know you can live your life as you see fit. I trust you to do the right things, or if you do the wrong things, live with the aftermath and the repercussions. But I'm not here to tell you how to live your life. I will stay out of your way. Bobby, and I hope that you do have a wonderful life. You know.
Speaker 12: It's just that's exactly right, my friend. There are consequences for persons.
Speaker 1: Behavior, Yes there are. Well, we'll see if Connie Pillage prosecutes people who maybe get out of wine tomorrow at this uh left wing Chinese Communist Party funded protests rally that are to rallies that are taking place across the country that she was widely supporting with her childish, petulant child tweets and refusal to speak with the media about them the other day.
Speaker 12: How I work there, Well, one suggestion I'd like to make, if there's any patriots like one attendem left wing organizations, one thing I'll recommend do not take your cell phone. Leave it at home. They remember the old saying don't take your gun to town, So leave your gun at home. That's what they need to do with the cell phones. They're tracking them.
Speaker 1: Ah, but yeah, that's something we live with every day. Bobby.
Speaker 12: I know people don't realize that.
Speaker 1: Well I know, well some people don't realize it. But yeah, I mean, even if you don't have you know, your your Google tracker software on which I keep mine off your phone tracking software. I keep mine up. They still can triangulate where you are with the cell phone towers. They know exactly where you are at any given moment if you own a cell phone, although you can take one if you get a Faraday bag. But then again, you won't get telephone calls or information coming into your cell phone that way, but it will prevent them from tracking you. I personally am not bothered by the reality of being tracked. I mean, I'm bothered by the fact that it exists as a concept that it is easy to be tracked, that our government is actively doing that at any given time. But you know what, that's the reality of using cell phones. If you don't want to be tracked, then just don't own one. But a cell phone might be a valuable thing to have at an event like that, To the extent someone starts getting in and engaging in what could be characterized as criminal conduct, you might want to be able to record that.
Speaker 12: Right, That's exactly correct, my friends, all right, be vigilant.
Speaker 1: Be vigilant, and since by default they can track you, if you own a cell phone, then you may as well bring one. See I'm gonna counter what your recommendation is and say definitely bring it because you may get something valuable on video by taking it. Bobby, God bless you, sir. I have a wonderful weekend, and again, Happy Father's Day to you. Two five on three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Yeah, and I got a'd make of it what you want. Connie Pillage stays quiet after a social media post. We had Tricia Mackie trying to interview Conni Pillage the other day. She held a press conference. She offered ten minutes from what I all accounts the cards on video. Uh, and she was talking about the Nazis that showed up the pro Nazi demonstration, you remember that and Hamion Canty Prosecutor County. Pillage said there was no prosecutable crimes committed by the neo Nazi demonstrators on February seventh and Evendale. So that was the purpose of her holding a press conference. Came on the heels of this this horrific post she made on her personal social media page. I'll emphasize that this one didn't come out of the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office. But it got a lot of people really angry because of the vile nature of her comments against the Trump administration, him specifically and the administration generally. Generally, he's backed up by vile humans whose accent advice indicate they want to destroy our democracy. Please join me Saturday, No King's Nationwide Day Defiance. So she's clearly revealing her political stripes. But when asked about that specific post, she wouldn't answer. Sharon Coolidge, who is her spokesperson, came running out and ended the confrontator or the confrontation, I guess one might label it that, but Tricia Mackew's question wasn't answered. She wouldn't address the topic. And interestingly enough, and what's your thoughts on this? Connie Pillach deleted the post that got people enraged and outraged. I know some people agreed with her. Of course, there are some people that agree with her. But given her capacity as a Hamilton County prosecutor, as so many have observed, if something were to happen at the No King's Nationwide Day of Defiance and one of the leftists that shows up there screaming and yelling and in anger about whether it's deportation with the LGBTQ movement or anything else people are angry and divided about and they commit an act of violence, that person, probably, if it's in Hamilton County, will be dealing with Connie Pillich in the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office and given her an endorsement of this No King's nationwide Day of Defense. Her obvious political bias has revealed on her personal Facebook page. Would she prosecute someone? And I don't necessarily think that she found no prosecutable crimes committed by the neo Nazi demonstrators to be reflective of her reaction if we do have actual crimes that might be committed, because we talked about this a lot the neo Nazi demonstrators, I mean some were arguing they should have been arrested for being in the streets and some are arrested for you know, how could all these people be in a U haul with those seat belts And isn't that an offense and violation? We speculate all day long. But according to Connie Pillage, no Also the twenty one CP Solutions and independent group hired by the police department also agreed and sided with police for not arresting anyone. So various different folks from various different political stripes all in full agreement that there was nothing there in the neo Nazi demonstrators except the exhibition by a bunch of idiots expousing a ridiculous philosophy of life. But insofar as Pillage is concerned deletion of her post, I mean she obviously believed in what she was saying when she posted it. You know what it takes, you know, a conscious effort to sit down and write a post that long and go into a rant it's good and it's a coherent, rant, unhinged message perhaps, and then posting it. That's intent. You wanted the world to hear what was on your mind. You were in support of this nationwide day of defiance, and you, using your leverage as an elected authority, elevated it so that more people would show up. Why would you delete it? Just a question? Maybe you have an answer to the question, feel Fred to give a called me right back. It's eight thirty nine fifty five the talk station.
Speaker 3: Hey, can we be real for a time.
Speaker 1: Time for another repetitive weather forecast. Let's see today mostly cloudy with afternoon showers and storms, and I have eighty two clouds over night, muggy storm chants or rain chance anyway sixty nine for the low. Tomorrow high eighty scattered showers and storms with mostly cloudy skies and muggy conditions again overnight mostly cloudy with a slight chancell rain sixty eight, and another mostly cloudy Father's Day with scattered showers and storms, high at eighty one seventy four degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update. Chuck from the.
Speaker 14: UCL Transit Center. From massage therapy to stress relief, fade and cancer surveillance. The UC Cancer Center offers the region's largest supportive services program for cancer patients and survivors called five month three five eighty five U see see he's found two seventy five slows after you get past Bostellar to an accident at forty two in Sharonville. Cruiser cleaning up a wreck near Mainville. That's on twenty two, just above forty eight. Chuck Ingramont aty top kr Seed the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eighty two fifty five kra Se detalk station. Yeah, well to the news is and there's some developments. I just wanted to get to of course you probably know by now if you've listened to any of the news or read anything anywhere. Israel attacked Iran's nuclear facilities and some of the weapons systems there. Woke up to that this morning in an effort to prevent Iran, of course, from well creating nuclear bomb that they probably would use on Israel, and some serious coordination on this. It reminded me a lot of the Ukrainian's ability to bring in and hidden drones into Russia to strike all those air bases and other military targets from close range. And you think about Russia and how is it that they were able to do that. I mean, they're at war with Ukraine. You think they'd be looking out for this, and maybe they were. This didn't catch it well by all accounts this morning, at least as is reported, Israel was pretty much able to do the same thing and getting weapons and drones into Iran. And here's another interesting, you know, fun fact. I saw this one on Fox News reporting Israel says he was able to trick the top commanders of Iran's air force into gathering together for a meeting. This was how they were able to wipe out so many of the top officials in Iran's military. According to the official from Israel, we carried out specific activities to help us learn more about them and then use that information to influence their behavior. We knew this would lead them to meet, but more importantly, we knew how to keep them there. And he put it out that the strikes were more successful than they hit in Israel it originally anticipated. I guess they wiped out more of the top military officials than they were even hoping for, because it was widely reported that. Even Iran confirmed that some of their top people were killed in the strike, so that's pretty wild. Also, International Atomic Energy Agency reporting that the facility, the bomb facility, or the enrichment facility, call it what you want, it's that Nancans facility, Iran's largest uranium in Richmond site, confirming that it was heavily damaged. So quite successful in the attack they were. As for his part, President Trump, he's now calling on Iran to make a deal and warning that the next attacks are already planned and they would be even more brutal than this opening strike in what Israel called Operation Rising Lion, he said on truth social media not that long ago. Excuseually not that long ago. I gave Iran a chance, after a chance to make a deal. There has already been a great death and destruction, but there's still some time to make this slaughter. With the next already planned attacks being even more brutal come to an end, Iran must make a deal before there is nothing left and save what was once known as the Iranian Empire. Close quote. That's a pretty bold statement from the President of the United States of America. And I personally and for my partner can draw your own conclusions. Otherwise, I do not want the United States to be embroiled in a conflict another war anywhere, period, but certainly not involving the Israelis and the Iranians, it seems to me, at least I think. And Trump also pointed out something to the fact that they have out all of our our great military hardware. He said, Israel has access to lethal military equipment manufactured by the US and that, in his words, they know how.
Speaker 7: To use it.
Speaker 1: All, you know, packaged into a broader concern for a variety of reasons about the known Godaways or anybody else that came into our country illegally during the Biden administration. You know there's some crazy people in the world stating the obvious, and this might serve as an impetus for one of these looney tunes or even maybe terrorist cell members to launch an attack within the United States of America. You know it can happen. Look at nine to eleven. Train pilots are pilots trained right here in the United States flying jets into our buildings, killing thousands of people. Hey, we live in a world of drones. It can be acquired on Amazon, for God's sake. I'm sure it doesn't take much technology, knowledge or information, information and technology that's widely available out there on the Internet to create a homemade bomb and blow something up. Hey, haven't talked about this stuff on Friday, but you know, it's just reality and reality that we find ourselves in. So at least keep your eyes peeled and be aware. Eight forty seven to fifty five KC the talk station, be.
Speaker 9: Right back, fifty five KRC dot com Man, trouble in the bedroom not anymore?
Speaker 1: Are extra special weekend for all the dads out there. Joey Gee.
Speaker 15: Buses too, Blue Phone.
Speaker 1: Sat quote a four old indeed got our Flag Day retirement celebration tomorrow's Flag Retirement celebration tomorrow or Knowledge and Information event. Union Cemetery is where that's going to take our Sorry I Colts Road in Union Township. I'll be there the information at your five careseea dot com. We had uh Ken Williamson from the Vietnam Veterans Association, which is behind the flag retirement ceremony. Then on earlier with the details. You can get them all a fifty five care Sea dot com got the shoots and Fest going on this weekend, so put a smile on your face and enjoy Father's Day as well with free entry for dads at the shoots in Fest. Let's get Bill's call. Bill, thanks for calling today, and happy Friday to you.
Speaker 12: Happy and happy Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Back at you if it applies.
Speaker 6: Hey, I real quick. I think I think I know why pills the whole deal with the post and why it came down, and the tone of it and everything. And I speak from experience on them. I think that sounds has all the earmarks of a late night drunken rage.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 6: I'm serious. I've done stuff like that when I had too many beers. It sounds exactly like what happened there, I'd be willing to bet money on them.
Speaker 1: You know, you may be onto something, Bill, because we all know if you drink, the first thing that gets shut down is that little voice in your head that typically pops up when you're sober, that says, you know what, this is a really bad idea.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah, And we.
Speaker 1: All have calltless experiences as we reflect back on our life. When that little voice is shut down, probably write a book.
Speaker 6: And over the last few years I've prayed very hard on that every day and I've pretty much eliminated it out of my life.
Speaker 1: So well, good for you, Good for you, Thank you, Thank you, Bill, and appreciate your insight and commentary on that one. You may be right. I don't know. Does Connie Pillage drink? Joe, do you know? Maybe a little bit? You don't have any insight information on that though. I don't want to suggest anything, but we'll talk off air. Oh I think I'm a John Joe Strecker's thoughts on the situation. Anyway. I won't comment. I just sort of say, listen, it's a possibility, so don't do that. Trying to make a certain sense of objectivity about what you are doing. Try to you to step outside of yourself before you hit enter. Is this gonna haunt me? Is this gonna be? Is this gonna be something that I'm going to live with regret over? You can force yourself to ask that question. You can turn that little voice back on if you just think about it. It just won't voluntarily pop up if you're in that state. And Joe also recommends deleting the first draft. Something I learned in when I was a lawyer, Joe, the FCC non compliant profanity that would come out in first drafts of letters when I was reacting to a phone call I just got off with with opposing counsel, you know, And then my secretary or my administrative assistant had to type that up, and then I had to clean it out, edit it up, and make it sound a little more palatable and friendly exactly that. Get it out of your system first. Just don't fire off the first draft or sit on it, don't send it, and then review it the next day see if it's suitable for posting. Otherwise, like Connie Pillach, you have to delete it and leaving all of us to speculate why did you posted in the first place? Folks Tech Friday with Dave. Had a great conversation with Dave, who also recommends read Franz Kafka's The Trial in addition to nineteen eighty four. Adam Kaylor and Studio on a political rant for the first segment, but also this great concept he's got, the American Truth Summit, putting together news organizations and prominent figures, political and otherwise together to have a summit about truth and politics and things of that nature. It sounds like it's going to be a wonderful event. Hoping it comes off. It's in its infancy right now. So if you've got some ideas for Adam listening to the podcast and help him out, he's easy to get in touch. With Ken Williamson on the aforementioned flag retirement ceremony. I am looking to being there, looking forward to being there. Fifteen years in a row. I've been able to participate in that. It's always a distinct pleasure to do so. Plus the culping shoots infest information for five carese dot Com on that Joe Strecker, God, bless you, my friend. Thank you for doing all the work to produce the show. Without you, it would not go Monday Morning Christopher Smithman and Monday Monday again, Happy Others Day with all the dad's out there, and don't go away because Glenn Beck's coming up. Stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the OLM and.
Speaker 3: That's so important.
Speaker 1: Another update coming up on fifty five KRC, the talk station