Speaker 1: Greeteys and salutations everyone at rich Wilson walk into Fantasy Baseball Live. Today is January fourth, Happy New year to everyone. It's three thirty here in the afternoon, and Tim and I running a little bit late, Timmy, because we were getting caught up on all the world events and all the craziness that's going on. And probably the first time Tim and I have talked for thirty minutes. I don't think it uttered the word baseball in those thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: It is pretty crazy. Yeah, oh yeah, it was an honest thirty minutes, that's for sure. And I'm just sitting back here and oh my glory watching all the NVB stars and future MLV stars signing up. An exciting time for a guy like me, Richie.
Speaker 1: Really, man, I have got I have got my hand on the zero point zero. Oh yeah, because we're we're gonna talk about right out of the shot. And first of all, how was your years, Timmy? Did you do anything? Did you stay up and watch the ball drop?
Speaker 2: I put on my dress pjs, okay, my finest fair saundered into the living room and we ate too much food. I ate a whole shrimpering. Can you believe that. No wonder I had heartburn for like three days. Wow, yeah, I so why would Why would?
Speaker 1: Why would shrimp give you heartburn?
Speaker 2: Because I hate way too much of it?
Speaker 1: Ok I.
Speaker 2: Four f family of four in one setting. Okay, I'm the only one that likes it, and I hate wasting. That's sort of been greened in me.
Speaker 1: We grew up in that era, I mean where yeah cleaned your plate and that was not a good thing to be taught.
Speaker 2: No, no, we Our dog was trained okay to put you to put your plate down a little a little bit with mum wasn't looking okay, the stuff like yeah, yeah, the dog learned to like more or lessay, so yeah, no, so no, it was quiet. We just sat around and watched a little TV, actually watched some BBC stuff, caught up and a little bit of that stuff, and just had a quiet evening. I'm well past the stage of partying with five hundred of my closest friends. It's no.
Speaker 1: So we and Marstown we have this thing called First Night Marstown or as actually Mars County. So and it's they opened up a bunch of venues, old churches, a couple of the historic holms, and our Mayo Center, and they have artists, musical artists mostly playing all over the town and just kind of wander in and out. It's got to their performances. Now it's put on by the arts and cultural groups. So it's it's a bit high brows stuff, which is kind of fun. So we saw a trio cello violinists who was a Jilli r train in a flutis playing kind of so we're celebrating the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary here in the United States. It's kind of a history through that. So they played forty five. It was phenomenal. Timmy Great. We saw an opera singer sing for We're supposed to stay for forty five minutes, and after about fifteen twenty minutes we said, okay, we've forard enough. Let's let's move on. So a choral group that was phenomenal. So that was the kind of stuff it is. So it's it's a lot of fun, you know. So it's not going and seeing you know, you're the pop group or whatever. It's it's a bit more like again, more cultural kind of stuff, but it's so much fun. You see a lot of people you know doing the same thing. You catch up, have a bike, to eat or just you know, grab something and then go.
Speaker 2: To like that.
Speaker 1: It's cool. Yeahs cool. Yeah. But speaking of music, Timmy, I have something to share with you that is a mus must watch on television. Are you a Billy Joel fan?
Speaker 2: More so the early stuff Piano Man, the first few albums as compared to the latter stuff. Yeah, but he's no, he's He's an incredible talent, incredible writer.
Speaker 1: So I want to encourage you and all of our listeners. There is a Billy Joel documentary that's just been put out. I think it came out in last July that is absolutely phenomenal. It's one of the best documentaries I've ever seen, and it takes them through his struggle growing up and struggle to make it and all of that. We're down to the Christy Brinkley year, so we're kind of in the it's five hours, so we're I think on hour four, so yeah, it's two parts. And the thing I didn't know about, Believe Joe, I'm not the biggest fan, but his first wife, who he stole from his first musical partner. They were married and they basically then fell in love. But she was the first part of the documentary. No one had ever really known anything about this woman because she kind of kept a little profile, but she kind of came back and she was his business manager. She was the inspiration for many of the early songs that she had and it is phenomenal. She's an amazing person. I mean, they really kind of played her up very big in the first part, and I just I mean, you just felt such admiration for this woman. And basically she saw Billy Joel killing himself with all the drugs and alcohol and crazy stuff on the motorcycle and she had a kid and said, look, you have got to stop. I can't live like this anymore. And he would not stop, and she said, I'm leaving you, and she basically left him. And pretty much Winnen had a normal wife and no one that she knew that lived around her even knew that she was married to Billy Joel and didn't know who she was. It's just a story. It's it's amazing. So they kind of go into that detail. They haven't gotten to his financial debacle, which is coming up. Great thing about it, his first wife's Elizabeth, who managed him. She had a brother name. Uh, I forgot the name of the brother who then managed him after she did, and that was who Billy Joel wanted to work with. And she said, you really shouldn't work with this guy. I don't trust him. And he was the one that took all his money. So it's just it's it's soap opera is to me, and it's just fantastic, just fantastic.
Speaker 2: I'll have toe.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so Tommy, let's get into some baseball, shall we. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good plan.
Speaker 1: Uh. Segment one says introduction of news and notes it was an Asian week. That's that's what I wrote, because it seems like all the Asians were hired and one actually went back to UH to hand for I didn't write who that was? Who was the guy that did not sign with a major league team?
Speaker 2: Uh? Good question? It must have been. Hey, that's that's a very good question. I've been so wrapped up in Okamoto and am I that I wasn't even aware of somebody didn't make the great oh no corn attack, yeah attack, I ask you? Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, that's yeah, Okay, who was theero zero point zero? There?
Speaker 1: No, let's m and I am I AM. I got the I've got the pronounce am I am a I. So that's how this how to pronounce dot dot com is saying m E I so, but you say it's am I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Emmy I is fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. I I don't know Timmy, So I'm gonna turn it over to you. Tell us about the guy. I didn't get the big money that I think that he and Scott Barrs went it. But it's a typical Scott Baris deal three years and fifty four million dollars. But he gets to opt out every month and basically he gets off every after every year. So tell us about him. Tell us if he's a guy that you're going to be targeting with your drafts, go through it for us.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I've we've talked about him before. He's coming off a season where he posted one one nine two ERA. His highest ERA prior to last year in the past five years was a three thirty and twenty twenty one. The past four years two forty one, two thirty, two thirty four. He strikes out better than one per inning. The stuff is fantastic. It really is great stuff. When I saw the when I saw the package. My first thought is did something come up on the medicals? Okay, because I saw this guy as one hundred and fifty to two hundred million type player on a long term deal. Well, if something didn't come up on them, if something came up on the medicals, it makes sense. If something didn't come up on the medicals. The only thing that I can see for the contract being what it was is he ran into a time problem, like not enough of it, Okay, So I start like I started, like what he's done, not knowing any of those particulars what he's done. Basically, he's getting twenty MILLI year okay, with an opt out at the end of the first year if he pitches to the level that I believe he's capable of pitching to, which is an ACE or very close to an ACE level pitcher. At the end of year one, he opts out and he'll get his big contract. And he's the type of player that he's betting on himself, and I think he's gonna win. So, like I said, I was go ahead.
Speaker 1: So I've got some information. So you and I talked about that. We've talked about him and I multiple times, and when we first brought him up. I don't know if you recall, because you never listened to me. So that's that's well found. That's well found.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: I had talked to some of my contacts at Major League Baseball teams and they they told me they weren't all that excited. And I asked why, and they said, the fastball was flat, and he didn't have a great he didn't have the splitter like all these other guys coming out of Japan. Was when I brought that up, you said, ah, but I think from what I've been reading, that's kind of come to like why he people did not want to spend one hundred and fifty to two hundred million dollars. Now, having said that, I reached out to a couple of people I know in the Bars corporation. I'm like, Hey, what's going on here? Is are the rumors true? And they downplay that, which you think they should. But they've also said they have been working in the off season with him and having him go through to get a little bit more spin on his fastball, to get a little bit more movement, and they had encouraged him to start throwing more of a two seemer than the four seamer to get somewhere. So they're pretty confident, and again Bar should be right, but this is kind of the line. They're pretty confident that they're going to be able to get this guy. He's going to outperform the three million, three year, fifty four million dollars and will become that two hundred million dollar pitcher that everybody that I guess Bar has thought, and you thought a lot of other people thought coming in. But I think they've got to prove it to the teams, and they and he's got to prove it, and he needs to make some changes in order to prove it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think if you go back and you take a look at twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, Okay, his walk rate was fairly elevated. Okay, last year he took his walk rate and cut it by about forty percent. That's a big number. He walked seventy in twenty twenty four in one hundred and seventy three innings. Last year he walked forty five. Okay, So I think there's some there's some command issues there that also you know, hey, they're going to play into it, but hey, he struck out seventeen in a game, pitched a no hitter last year, and historically he's pitched under a three r. He's a good pitcher, a very.
Speaker 1: My understanding, there's nothing wrong with the velocity of the fastball. It's it's strictly on the movement, which is can't be fixed. There's a lot of guys Joe Ryan doesn't have a great moving fastball, but he's been able to be very, very effective. You know, in fantasy drafts he's going as just below an ACE level. So that's the cop I've heard come up with is a Joe Ryan type of pitcher. So, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gentleman in Japan that I use for an awful lot of my information as a source. He's American and he's been in Japan for it's got to be thirty plus years. He was the sports editor at the largest paper in Japan for years and he's doing is his his own work now. He's he's got to site very capable. He has said that a Maya has better rap here stuff than yam a mortal Wow, And I will, I will, I'm not will take that.
Speaker 1: That I was not hearing that I had not heard that That's not what I was hearing from people that were from Major League Baseball teams.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and what he said was the difference separating the two of them is the control. Okay, okay, what and that Hey, that counts, Okay, definitely counts. Over overall, there's that there is a comparison between the two. But Yamamo was a better, better pitcher in all facets of the pitching game. But I think what's going to happen is it's a good situation for the kid. Okay, worse it happens is he goes back to Japan in three years there was sixty million bucks in his pocket or whatever, you know, and it didn't work. The best it happens he renegotiates after year one, after a good year and gets his two hundred mil. So it's it's a win win. It just wasn't what I was expecting. How, you know, the end results unfold.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I think so, I mean, well, yeah, I mean they also have to pay the posting fees. So for them, if it's after ten milis so if it's after one year, that's that's that's a hefty signing. So if he does leave after one year. But that's the risk that you know that they're on the hook for. It is a good landing spot, I believe for for him because I think the the Astros are still really good at developing pitchers, right, I mean so, I mean you could take a look at it. The guys that have come up, particularly these young Latin players, they've really been able to work with their all stuff and get them to throw more strikes. So I think that's encouraging as well with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let's face it, before this signing, Houston was going into next year with Downtown Hunter Brown and nobody else basically, Yeah, is that his nickname or just make that up? No, I just made that through that. Yeah, so Downtown Brown. Yeah, no, they were because.
Speaker 1: I guess that means franber Valdez was is not going to resign with with the Astros. I guess that's probably what we're hearing now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know you're looking at Christian Heavier who's still dealing with arm issues. Lance mccullors junior will always deal with arm and Mike Burrows that's the before this signing, that was the Houston rotation. They needed an arm badly, They really did. They actually need more than an arm, so the opportunity for him there will be he's he's not he's not playing for a position, Okay, he's playing to be their number two guy behind Brown.
Speaker 1: So hopefully he's he's healthy. I mean, if he's healthy, Heavier is a pretty decent pitcher. Lancel Colors, You're right. I mean there's you have to put a zero zero on him and might Mike Burrows is. I mean, he needs a lot of help.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, so again, Yeah, well you're looking at with Heavier, you're looking at a pitcher who's tossed a grand total of seventy innings in the past two years six twenty twenty three. That's that stuff I hate. I like the stuff, but he's got to prove he can stay healthy.
Speaker 1: So I think it was Tommy. Then you have Tommy John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe so, or some sort of a bridge, yeah, a bridge situation. But yeah, basically last year he threw thirty seven innings and they weren't real great, Okay, and I believe you know, I don't. I don't think he's one hundred percent yet anywhere close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so went he had surgery in June of twenty twenty four. So yeah, so he came back. It came back a little early because I think Garrett Cole's not coming back until so he had surgery. I think in May or June. He's not coming target to come back until June or July.
Speaker 2: So yeah, second second half basically, I think. So. Yeah, So anyhow, also, give me.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me a sateline. Games started, wins era and strikeouts games started.
Speaker 2: I'll go with twenty eight so full time, full time? Yeah, wins uh wins math who knows about fourteen wow?
Speaker 1: Era and strikeouts?
Speaker 2: Uh? E three twenty five strikeouts better than one per inning?
Speaker 1: Wow, Tim's all all in? And what would you where would you? Where would you take him? In a fantasy league?
Speaker 2: Let me just pull up, Oh where are we? The ADP's here, and I'll see see how they're currently sitting for pitching.
Speaker 1: He is going oops, M and I how you spell that?
Speaker 2: I I am ai.
Speaker 1: I am here. He's going seventy ninth, so you figure out seventy nine. There's probably at least twenty closers, so sixty nine sixty five something like that. Oh, I'm sorry, it's a twenty mineus seventy be fifty nine of fifty five. That's where he's going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just looking at the names right now, and I would take him above Tyler Glasnaw all right, we'll take them above Brambour, veld or Valdez, and they're both in the top forty. I'd probably take them over.
Speaker 1: So you take so seventy eight is Cabrera, Kate Horton, Ranger, Suarez, Tanner. You hate Tanner, but you would take them ahead of all of those guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, you're you're looking at it. I would be looking at him as a number two, hopefully paying number three four price wow, uh tim, Yeah, as I would take him before Cole Reagan's at nineteen because Cole Reagan's hasn't proved able to stay healthy.
Speaker 1: I love Cole Reagan's zero point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love the stuff, but against stay healthy. So what do you? What do you? What do you do?
Speaker 1: I don't know? What do you? Yeah? I mean, let's move on. Cosumo Okamoto sign to a four year deal. The Blue Jays are on fire man. They're signing everybody four year, sixty million dollars, no opt outs, so clearly not a Bar's client. Bars loves his ops. Now, was O Komodo was the guy? Was he the guy that you liked better than Murakami?
Speaker 2: Yes, as a matter of fact, he is.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I can't keep everything straight. Tell us about him.
Speaker 2: Again, O Kamoto. Well, just looking at the he'll hit the all fields. He hits for power. There's no speed, none whatsoever. His manager gave him the nickname of Young General. He was a team captain for his team in Japan. He's at two hundred and forty eight home runs and driven in seven hundred and seventeen. He had fifteen and half a season last year, which put him on pace to be a top three home run back in Japan. You gotta remember they're dealing with the they're dealing with the dead ball era right currently. And he's a six time All Star. Two.
Speaker 1: He's a little older, right, He's like.
Speaker 2: He's twenty nine. Yes, I was actually shocked that the Giants posted him. Okay, very unlike the Giants to make a move of that nature. The glove is adequate, it's not great.
Speaker 1: So you said you said his nickname was Little General. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that because he's he's a team leader kind of guy, or.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, he's a take. If you're the team captain on the Giants in Japan, it is comparable to being Derek Jeter with the Yeah. It carries that level of not mystique, but it carries that level of respect, and there's there's a lot of respect for his Yeah, his skills and abilities.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean was known as the captain around the around baseball. I mean when he said the captain, he knew who it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, I personally, you know, looking looking at the overall stats, even in a dead ball situation. Two years ago, he hit twenty seven home runs okay, which I believe had him tight for third or in third place. He's hit as many as forty one home runs.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm gonna give you numbers. I want you to tell me higher and then when to stop. He hits twenty home runs in twenty twenty six higher, he hits twenty five higher, he hits twenty eight higher, he hits thirty one.
Speaker 2: I can, I can, I can go with that number. Wow, that's big tim So he is. He's a big bat. He hits to all fields. His hit tool is very strong. Okay, Yeah, the launch angle, he's gonna hit home runs. Looking at the strikeout to walk numbers in twenty three, one hundred and eleven strikeouts seventy two walks the year following ninety seven strikeout sixty six walks and half a season last year he walked and struck out thirty three times, so in two hundred and fifty one bats.
Speaker 1: If I were to suggest that is he Carlos Korea.
Speaker 2: With more power, considerably more power, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Carlos Karai can still hit twenty one runs. I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy's got some serious skills. He really does.
Speaker 1: And he's going as the thirty first third basement off the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and gimme, gimme, gimme.
Speaker 1: So would you take him above Murakami?
Speaker 2: Yes, no hesitation. I am concerned. Amurakami's gonna have trouble with the high heat. This guy won't. He's hit hit home runs in international competitions. You know I'm on the big stage. No, he's he's a veteran skilled. Bad day, when I look at at the list above him, I will go up to at third base zero, I go up. I'll go up ahead of oh Man third third base is not that great, is it. I'll go up as high as match Saw somewhere, Matt Chapman somewhere in that range. I'd probably take him ahead and about Noelvie Marte after that, it's a crapshoot.
Speaker 1: Wow, Tim's all and I've already given you a zero point zero. So Timmy, you're all on this guy here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If he doesn't perform, well you got some answer to do, my friend.
Speaker 2: So well, yeah, you know what, Actually, I don't think I have any because right now his ADP is three thirty two. Okay, he will perform to that level. I am assured he will. I think whenever you get out of him is going to be significantly above the cost you're going to pay for him. Now that cost is going to increase rather substantially in the next short while. But if you've already got him, you didn't pay anything for him, so that changes it. Yeah, that changes things a little bit. We're January fourth, right, so let me just see I'm just going to put January first to fourth, okay, into the parameters, and let's see where he's at right now. Oh, he fell fourteen spots. Not No, he's up to twenty four. He's up to seventy one now from three thirty six since the signing. Now, granted that's only in one draft had this weekend, so it's an infinitively small sample size, but I expect him to rise up into the teams anyways, over the next month. His price is not going to decrease. Definitely.
Speaker 1: I need a third basement. To me, I'm in the fifteenth round. I'm two picks away. Is he somebody that I should be targeting in the fifteenth round?
Speaker 2: Oh, as far as I'm concerned, Yeah, who's left on the board.
Speaker 1: Jose Caballero, Muri Caleb, Caleb Durman, Mark Viento's, Brett Batti, Max Muntzy, Alec Bohm, Carlos Korea, those guys, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You could probably you could probably wait into the round or two. Who is me, I'd probably already have a rostered. I gotta be honest with Yeah, I start looking at the third base is not all that much better? Okay?
Speaker 1: The second?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's there's a race.
Speaker 1: I think I've got my guys scheduled. I I know I'm waiting on third base, so uh, actually waiting on second base? I can't. We'll go through my team a little bit in a In a little bit, I think you'll be we'll talk about that. All right, let's move on to me.
Speaker 2: You know, you know who i'd have on my team that you the name that you just mentioned is Cavallero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's he's eligible everywhere. I've thought about that everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's eligible everywhere. And Anthony Volpe is not going to be back until at the earliest the end of April. Okay, you give a guy like Caballerera full time at bats for a month and you can steal twenty bases. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think I I I my my problem with my team, Well, there's we'll talk about it. But I did not have any multi positional guys on my team, and I've thought of Caballero there and just you know, take them a little early into saying the hell with it. I need the I'm gonna I'm gonna take him for his positional eligibility, and then I've got, you know, I've got somebody else. Come August when everybody has hurt, I've got somebody that can pop in there. Let's of course he gets hurt. Tim I got two more questions for the Angels signed Kirby Yates, who is the closure in Los Angeles? And does Yates have a chance to earn some saves?
Speaker 2: I think he has a chance to earn saves because when you look at the bullpen situation, it's sort of weird, you know, looking at looking at the Angels and their bullpen is right now a series of question marks. Okay, uh can Roberts? Is Robert Stevenson going to be healthy? Okay? Then you then you've got Drew palmeranz who has never been able to stay healthy. Then you got Kirby Yates, and then you've Ben Joyce and a young player with a big arm. But again he's he's coming off shoulder surgery. Right So right now, if I had to bet, I'd say Stevenson and everybody after that would be the order I'd be looking at. But there's no guarantees that Stevenson's going to be healthy, or Joyce or Palmer, you know, I mean, it's it could be a real crapshoot. I'm anticipating that there will be guys relief pitchers in the Angel system. I'll be mentioning off and on all year on the Waverroad.
Speaker 1: So would you would you take a would you take a flyer on Yates and in a draft?
Speaker 2: In a draft and hold? Yeah, I would in a draft, and hold, I don't know if I would in a regular draft. Kirby HS I think is closing in on forty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so forty forty year old guys can earn a save man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can. Definitely. If you get to around forty seven and everybody's forgotten about Kirby, ATE's make him your pick rich. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking speaking of the Angels, Timmy, I don't know what you're going to say about this. I'm just gonna Anthony Rendon has retired from baseball. They worked out a deal to pay him his last year, but it's going to be extended over a number of years. I don't know how many years. I didn't even look into that. All I know is he was paid two d and forty five million dollars. He played two hundred and fifty seven games while with the Angels, and two had two hundred and twenty four hits.
Speaker 2: I don't know if.
Speaker 1: That's going to go down as the worst deal in baseball history for a franchise, but it just did not work at his body just broke. He was a good player with the Nationals, won a World Series, but Timmy brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, he was actually and after his last season in Washington, at age twenty nine, he was he was on track for a Hall of Fame potential career. Yeah, yeah, you look at the warrant, you know, his last year in Washington, he hit thirty four homers, drove in one hundred and twenty six runs, scored one hundred and seventeen runs. Over the six years that he was on the coast, he hit twelve less home runs in the six years on the coast than he did in his last season in Washington. He hit twenty two home runs. And yeah, it's yeah, yeah, you know, hey, and you look back and you say, well, how could they do something like that? Well, he hit thirty four home runs, drove in one hundred and twenty six RBIs. Yeah, he struck out eighty six times, he walked eighty times. He had a four to twelve OBP. He had two obps two of the last three seasons he was in Washington. OBP was over four hundred all three of his his last three seasons in Washington. His ops was nine thirty six, nine O nine and ten ten. Like he was a really good player. It just didn't work out. Like you said, the body broke and they were all other mitigating problems obviously, but it's just odd when you see a player with that level of success, Okay, just totally disappear, and he did. Totally sad.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I'm looking at baseball savant and twenty nineteen was his last year in Washington. Yeah. He hit the ball really hard, ninety point four miles an hour with a ton of launch, nineteen degrees of launch, so he's going to hit power is expected. Batting average was three ten. He never he never struck out. He always walked. He was a good defender, great range, not a great arm, but a good defender.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: He was a great player. I mean, looking at the data, there should have been I mean he was getting older, but there should have been hit the ball to all fields. You know, you're talking about the guy from Shapan. This is the guy that hit the ball to all fields. Looking at the stray chart in twenty nineteen, and I just I think his body gave out. I don't think. I don't think the talent disappeared, if that makes any level of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what for people that are, you know, throwing it out there, Anaheim was stupid. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, Anaheim wasn't stupid. It just didn't work out, you know, to give a guy a call.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would. I think that the stupid part was signing for such a long term contract, given his injury history in the past. That was probably the overpay. They probably got him on for another year that they had to. But I mean tough.
Speaker 2: You can't other in the duration of the contract. You can't say the Angels it was a stupid signing. At the time they made that signing, it was very good signing. Yeah, and people were excited about rendoing and you know on the West Coast, and hey, they had every reason to be based on what he had done and accomplished up to that point in time. And you talk about even the health. Okay, you look at his bats from twenty sixteen on five sixty seven, five oh eight, five twenty nine, five forty five. Yeah, he only had since coming into the league. He only had two seasons under under five hundred bats and one was his rookie campaign. So yeah, even even the health was.
Speaker 1: The health, the health, it was amazing. He was hurt all the time in the minor leagues and then he had a string of health before it all fell apart on him. So I mean, I I totally. I mean, I think it's just his body, as I said to the Verve, Yet his body just gave out and it just happened. Somebody, Let's take a break, five minute segment. People got their money's worth, so let's come back out. I'm an FC draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Because I said, Timmy, and we're doing our NFC draft. Oh, it looks like Chandler Simpson just got taken in the fifteenth round. He sat on the board for a long time, so.
Speaker 2: Fifteenth Yeah, that's that's a long time for a speed guy. Eh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was actually thinking about taking him in the fifteenth round. He was one of the guys. I mean, I'm not big on him, but I just thought that was starting to get to be about the right place for him. So Timmy, as we know, let me just get the total first round show. Hey, Tani, Aaron, Judge, Juan Soto, Bobby with Junior Jose Ramirez, Corbyn, Kerra was the guy that I wanted. He went six. I took La de la Cruz at seven, Trek Schooble at eight, Ronald Acunya Junior at nine, Paul Sken's, Garrett Crochet Rodriguez at twelve, Fernando Tatist junior thirteen, Christopher Sanchez pops up to the first round, and Francisco linn door. So you have say, four pictures in the first round and then coming back first pick in the second round. Yeah, i'mamoto second pick in the second round, Mason Miller. So the first closer off the board. So you had four starters in the first sixteen.
Speaker 2: Picks, yeah, and the and the closer that throws at one hundred and five miles an hour. That's half a pitch away from breaking. Yeah. I've been started following some of the NFBC stuff through Twitter, okay, and man, oh man, I get that it's a draft and hold, but some of the closes, you know, the bullpen decisions I've seen starting. Hey, I know it's a different game. There's no trading yet, yeah yet, But man, I'm having trouble with some of the things I'm seeing, Like Mason Miller.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have trouble with my You're gonna have trouble with my team, tim because I went I went laed La Cruz one, and I got burned last year by not having any closers, and I went, I went Edwin Diaz in the second round.
Speaker 2: Timmy, no problem, No problems with me. Yeah, none whatsoever. He's one of the few closers that I believe is locked in. Okay, barring something incredibly unfortunate. Uh yeah, in the league you're playing, and you have known. If you don't take him there, you're not getting him with your third pick.
Speaker 1: My logic was the following, Timmy, if everybody's gonna take a closer early, yeah, what's the difference if you decide not to take a closer, Yeah, you get a better hitter. But everything just kind of drops down a level. So instead of instead of uh kateel Marte going in the second round, he just drops down to the third recause people are taking people are taking those guys earlier, and that's that's what you just deal with it. If everybody's doing it, which they are, except for one or two players, one or two managers, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all you're doing, like you said, you're just backing everything up. The problem, the problem that occurs is when you're doing drafts outside of the n FBC and n FBC, you're playing by two sets of criteria.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 2: And hey, you're you're not gonna fight City Hall. If you want a closer, you either get Diaz then or you end up with a whole lot of Robert Stevenson's Okay, you end up with Jason and I know, right, yeah, yeah, you've taken that under the equation. Good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're you're getting your five staves at the end of the season to keep you out a last place from Victor Voddik. That's exactly what you get.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, exactly. And you ain't gonna win that way, not that you're not gonna do. You have to play that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I went Elie de la Cruz one. I felt really good about that. Again, I would have liked to have Corbyn Kaira went Edwin dis Number two. I went Wyatt Langford, who I'm all in on this year, was all in last year. Number three. I had speed and power with Dead La Cruz. I had power, some good speed with Whyitet. Langford went big power. Next with Matt Olsen, I thought that was good value.
Speaker 2: In the fourth round, that's awesome value. Yeah, I like what you're doing so far.
Speaker 1: And then I felt like I needed a picture and fine off the board and Freddy Peralta was still there. I went Freddy Peralta.
Speaker 2: Good pick in the fifth round.
Speaker 1: Then I went back and said, I want more strikeouts. I love the setup with Dylan Cease going to Toronto. I took Dylan Seas in the sixth round.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then I came back in the seventh round with Randy A Rose Arena, got more.
Speaker 2: Speed and power power funny.
Speaker 1: Then I came back with my second closer, don't laugh, Dennis Santana. So I went with a high end closer and then a mid level closer that might live basically August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that basically says the state of saves. Okay, when you're in what round seven yep, and you're looking at round eight yep. Yeah, there's nothing left?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was nothing left? Yeah, yeah, your guy could I could have taken your Saint Louis guy, and it was just yeah, I felt like I'd rather have done as Santana in that case. Then I came back in round nine with Jackson Holiday like you did. I like that pick, and my next pick was an homage to Bob King High Jacob Marcy number ten.
Speaker 2: There we go, You're on this Christmas guardless, done like that.
Speaker 1: Then came back with my picture that I will not leave drafts without Shane Bose Maul and a Boz going to the Oriols. And then Timmy, I did it.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 1: Tattas suiy Amaya is on Rich Wilson's team.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to worry about you. You didn't have to worry about the Christmas cardless but and you didn't have to worry about your ranking because I only send out like three. Okay, So I like it. Rich. I am impressed. You just won the league. It's over.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just like looking at it. And I was thinking about Garrit Cole in that spot and he's coming back in May June. I was thinking about Gavin Williams. You know, the data doesn't look great on Gavin Williams. I was looking at Carlos Rodon, who's not going to be back up till May or June. A lot of people don't know that he's going to start the season on the injured Reservelest, even though he started to So those were the guys Mackenzie Gore and I said, if you know am I, and again I went through that's what I called my friends at the Boris Company. They said, what's going on with this guy?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: And that's what they said. You know, we we kind of think their issues, but we think we can fix and we think he's going to fix them. And that gave me the extra push. I said, well, what the heck, let's let's give it a shot. It's supposed to be fun, and if it doesn't work, I figured, I get to blame you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I was just good to say.
Speaker 1: Went all the way because if it's bad and my team stinks, I can blame you and I'll have fun with it all season long. And if it's great, I can say, oh, well, you know I I was the one that made the decision.
Speaker 2: Of course, got lucky, okay, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then my next I got another picture. I went heavy picture, and I know I got a guy you do not like. I don't care, Ranger Swarrez. So I've got I've got Freddy Peralta, Dylan Cee Shane boz Amaya and Ranger Suarez is my one through five. I love Rangel Swarez is my fifth picture. Now I don't know Rangel Swarz. There is a little concern he is a bar a client that you know that he won't get a job. There is that concern maybe that because he was dropping, he should have gone earlier than he did. And I still don't have a catcher. I waited too long to get a catcher. That was a little bit of I just didn't like the catchers at the spots where I could get other players. And I finally was my first catcher. And I don't feel good about this because he doesn't have a job yet. But it is j t Romulto. I think the wires and it looks like the Phillies are trying to work out a deal with him. So I hope that the reporters are right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think that's I think that's the eventuality. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I got I got three outfielders, I got five starters. I've got two closers. I do not have a second base. I have a second I do not have a third baseman. And I've got now I've got one catcher, so I'm I might go with I might go with a third basement soon and get guy we were talking about Caballero, and uh, just get him for util a utility type of guy for downstream and might have a young young some younger players who have some upside as well.
Speaker 2: Well, you put him in play with Ellie and Langford and that should put you in an incredibly good spot in the stolen based category.
Speaker 1: Remember I got I got Speedster.
Speaker 2: You got Rosina too, Yeah, I got.
Speaker 1: Jacob Marcy, so I got plenty of speed. I affect. You probably need a little bit of power, but that's that might be you know the guy in New York that I might go for some power. The thing if if when I when I do my spreadsheet.
Speaker 2: Which Oka Oka Oka Oka the guy that when I do my analysis.
Speaker 1: And this is one of the few times I can remember that Actually, like my team, I haven't made any tremendous mistakes in the draft on it. It might not work, but I haven't made like last year. I made a mistake on the on the closer, and it was it was a miss. It was a mistake and I knew it, and I spent the rest of the draft kind of trying to recover from it. I didn't make that same mistake, and I haven't. Yeah, I don't have a third basement, but I'll get one. I'll figure that out out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll figure it out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and I feel good about my pitching as opposed to word, oh my gosh, I gotta get pitching. So I feel really good about it, which probably means I'm going to come in last place. But I'm having fun. The draft is a little slow. There's a couple of guys that draft really really slow. But you know, it's fun to kind of get in there and start picking people. It's very exhilarating to hit that draft button.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, excuse me. When you get through to round ten, twelve and you've got a good, solid mix and you're pitching, you got your closer, you've got some power, you got lots of speed, you should feel happy about that. Yeah. Yeah, you haven't put yourself into a situation where you're behind the eight ball and you're searching for something that's not there. And in the NFBC formats, if you get to round ten and you don't have a closer, you're gonna be overpaying for setup guys hoping to strike gold. Okay, and that's in your format.
Speaker 1: Times you do, Yeah, sometimes you do. And you can win the league by striking gold late with a closer in thenc draft and hold. But it's it's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not the way to build a team. No, you'll lose more often than you ever have a chance to win playing that sort of a game, and you don't want that. You want to be you want to be part of the game and in the game, and you know, hey, you get to the end of April and you don't have any saves and you don't have any any any prospects for saves, Well, good luck. It's a long year.
Speaker 1: Yep. So that that's where I'm at. So fifteenth round and I like it too. I'm pretty happy with it. Well, it's probably going to be a good three weeks to get this done because we're we're on day seven right now, and so we're doing two picks a day. So it's again a little Yeah, it's a little on the slow side.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, definitely being the consummate speed Ward that I am, Yeah, I get no complaintable what you've done there at all.
Speaker 1: And you know, again, I think the the easiest thing to find later on is low batting average and power, and so I'm pretty confident that I'm going to be able to find that in the draft, and then it's going to get to my sweet spot later on, and that's drafting prospects.
Speaker 2: So yeah, exactly after round thirty, you can start filling it in with guys that you like for the second half.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, even guys I like for the first half. Tommy, let's take a quick break, come back, and let's talk second base, shall we?
Speaker 2: Sure that sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: Tim has been has ranked catchers, he has ranked first base. If everybody wants to see and detail all of those rankings, you can see that out at the Patreon site. Yes, we put them out on prospect three sixty one. They're out there now. Actually the second base isn't out there yet, but you get a lot more detail on the Patreon sights. So I encourage everybody to head over there and join us out there. It's five bucks a month or fifty four dollars for the year, Timmy, after spending hours upon hours ranking and again, Tim is crazy, right, he actually goes and starts from scratch, writes every name, types every name down, doesn't use the last year, doesn't copy and paste from last year. At least that's what he's told me. Because I even said, Timmy, I can give you every position filled in with the NFBC ranking so that you could just start to move stuff around. Him said, nope, I want to do it from scratch, which I totally respect. I would not do it that way because I'm lazy.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of work. I go team by team. I use roster resources, my source document, and I go team by team looking at the players they have slotted in, looking at the players on their Basically, I scan the top part that shows the free agents. I go through the actual recommended roster that they've put together their bench slots, and then I go to their prospects by each position. And that's how I go team by team by all thirty teams, put them all out there. I shuffle a deck three or four times as I'm going along, moving players up and down and all over the place. And that's how I do it for every category. And I just find the information that I get going into it in that much detail helps me out a lot a lot. When it comes time for the real drafts.
Speaker 1: Richard, and you typed everything incorrectly because nobody came up as missing. The only person came up was missing was Sung Mon Song and that's because he, I think, is only third base eligible at the NFBC, and that's why he did not come up. So maybe, yeah, I don't know why he didn't come up, because it should have.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is, I was sort of torn as to what to do there because he's going to play second base, okay from what I can gather. So if I put him in at third base, and I have to write a narrative, okay that explains that he's not going to be playing at third base, but he might have third base eligibility, So I just put him in a second base that looks like that's where his home is going to be. And whether he's at second or third, take a look at your league, at your league settings, and go from there. But yeah, you know he is. He's going to be playing at second base in San Diego.
Speaker 1: So you spent hours working through this. Great job, by the way, great job, all of it. At second base in particular. I really liked how you went and approached it and kind of ranked the players. But you've been saying that it's it's a it's a disaster. Maybe I'm that's my word, but that's the impression I got. A second base is not deep. After now going and doing the detail, is that your same position?
Speaker 2: It's not deep. But as I said in my introductory narrative, yeah, you get a couple of elite players at the top. You've got some upside with youth okay, and Holiday and Kishel okay. But what what second base does have to offer? His speed okay from Bryce terrag Nico Horner, Xavier at Edwards, Bryce and Caballero. I even put hes On Kim in there because we need to have another zero point zero on this show. They're all capable of giving you good and basement. So my position on second base is take what that position has to offer, which is speed, and build around it. Okay, take take what the position gives you. Don't try and force the issue and just move forward. So yeah, although it's not deep in talent, it does have something to offer. It's just how you go about working that. In year overall team build there are.
Speaker 1: Some power guys, obviously, co tell Martine at number two. There's power, Brandon Lowe, You've got a nine power there and potentially even more power for where he's going.
Speaker 2: Uh and.
Speaker 1: Who else? Oh well, I mean Jackson Holiday. Yeah, so, and jose L two base still going to hit some home runs for you. So there there is some power there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is. But the way I'm approaching it is, I'm not gonna yeah, I'm not going to take jose L two v early to have a second baseman. I'm going to find what I believe is a better power bad. I know it's sep religious to even say that when talking about Josel two, But I'll look for my power elsewhere and just take the stolen bases and plug it in and go from there.
Speaker 1: So interesting how I approached second base when I did my draft target. So I use I tweaked the algorithm of by position depending on if it's a power position like first base, I will make I will make I will goose up the power. So you've got to really show a lot of power to rank high and second base since it's a little light outdo but it's the same kind of waiting across that and second base was very poor because of the lack of power. And I use combination of exit velocity and hard hit exit velocity and launch angles to try to look at if a guy has a chance to hit fifteen plus home runs or twenty plus some runs. And that's how I do it. So that's why. And speed is this a single? It's just it's just like powers, just a singles. You know, what's your speed? And look, yeah, cross reference that with how good you steal bases and you get a score for that. But that's why second base came out for me, very very poor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it would because you're limiting in your power bats, right, that's right. Yeah, And you're counting stolen bases as one category. Did you think of tying like runs scored into the stolen bases titlement to where they were hitting in the batting order.
Speaker 1: I did not do that level of dude. First of all, speed and and there's there's decent correlation, but not great correlation between speed and run scored. It's actually run scored on base skills where you're hitting in where you're hitting in a lineup. And I did not drag in where they're hitting in a lineup. Okay, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: That might be something would be fun for next year.
Speaker 1: I don't know if fangraphs does that. And Timmy, I'm not like you. I'm not typing in guys' names. If I can't import it and adjust it, it ain't happening.
Speaker 2: There's more to life than control fee and control V damn it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I mean, so I pay down for Fangraphs, which is fifty dollars a year. It's it's fantastic. You get all kinds of added downloading facilities. But I don't know if if ross if you know, if the the roster resource part of it is downloadable. I didn't even check into that, but but I'll think about that, Timmy. Let's get to your rankings, my friend. Okay, first four you go, Chalk, Chas, Chisholm, Katel, Marte, Bryce Terring, Nico Horner. You're exactly the same as the NFBC. Anything to talk to highlight on those four players?
Speaker 2: Ah well, hey, I think Chasm and Marte. Chisholm and Marte are definitely the two elite players that you're looking at. But Bryce Terrang.
Speaker 1: Showed more power last season, and the data supports.
Speaker 2: That he showed more power stolen bases. We're down a little bit. I think we're going to see potentially a twenty twenty season of the terrain. Nico Horner sort of concerns me a little bit, and I almost I almost moved Ja Jackson Holiday up a spot in that there is a chance that the Cubs move on from Nico Horner, and should that occur, where he ends up and where he ends up in that team's batting order could influence, of course, run scored potentially. Okay, so I decided to leave it as number four ahead a holiday. But that's the only thing that really concerns me is there's possibility that Horner could be moved and how that comes into affecting his value. I really don't know. It will depend on the team the bat or, and I would have to assume it's going to be to a very good team if he is moved.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, again, believe it or not, everyone teams don't care about stolen bases. Fantasy managers care about stolen bases.
Speaker 2: But teams do not.
Speaker 1: And when you've got a guy that's hard, hit rates and exit velocities are in the bottom ten percent, and you know that that's driving your expected batting average. You begin to worry if you're a team that hey, this batting average is eventually going to drop, which is going to drop his own base percentage. And he's not a big walker. His walk rate is below twenty five percent in the league. So you're hoping that he keeps up that big babbit, that he's had, the good, solid babbit, and he's using his ability to get, you know, to make that happen. Is going to prop up everything. And that's where I think from a baseball standpoint, teams will start to be concerned. And I would I agree with Tim. That's a long wind. It ran an answer to say, I believe Tim is right that the Cubs could decide to move on and say, hey, this guy's more of a utility guy, more of a Jose Cavalerio type of flayer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's but other than that, those are the only concerns I we Jazz Chishm of course has to stay healthy, as is Marte. But yeah, we're not betting on that. We're looking at at pure skills. Unless somebody has never achieved any ad bets or the duration of his career. No, we don't have issues like that. In the top four at all.
Speaker 1: I will say our Patreon members, I wrote a link the analysis of Jazz Chishm. I'll just tell everyone just be careful with gass Chism. The data does not support the power and speed that he showed last season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was one of only seven players who went thirty thirty. I understand that's big numbers, but I understand.
Speaker 1: But if you take a look at the if you didn't know what he how many home runs, and how many stolen bases he had, and were descended through an analysis engine, it would come up with something a lot less than that because the data just does not support that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Your guy, my guy, Tammy, because I know you drafted him in your first draft, is Jackson Holiday. I continue to be all in on him. It looks like you are because he is three better than the NFBC.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, I he went seventeen seventeen last year. He's going twenty twenty this year. I think.
Speaker 1: Remind me how old he is.
Speaker 2: Fourteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a very young.
Speaker 2: He's very young with upside. If I had to look potentially heading into next year, I could see him being as high as top three. I'm that bullish on Jackson Holiday moving forward, I can't. I can't rank him at number three this year, but I think the potential is there that he could and hey, you know it's gestism. At some point, IMI might not qualify, right, So Jackson always got a bright future.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, Jackson Holiday just separated celebrate celebrating a birthday on December fourth, Timmy, he turned twenty two years old. That is a two followed by a two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't seen his best season, not even close.
Speaker 1: Nope. And he hits the ball really hard. It's a ballharder any think they're they're yeah anyway, Okay, rounding out that top ten, we got Jose Altuve, the one and only, Jose al Tvy, Luke Keishall Ozzi, Alby's, Brandon Lowe, and Bryson Stott. I do not like that second half of the top ten Sans Luke, Keisha Temmy, Jose al Tuv is old Ozzi, Alby's is not the same guy. Brandon Low's got power, nothing else, and Bryce Stott's got speed and no power.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now Stott's good for ten home runs. I think he's okay, like he's boyd, but yeah, I get what you're saying, yeah, the guy, the guy that I like in that second group, uh is obviously the same same one that most other people are like. And then that's Keisho. And it's hard not to like with that eighty eighty five great speed.
Speaker 1: And I changed that on. I changed there is no such thing as eighty five great speed.
Speaker 2: I pulled that somewhere.
Speaker 1: I changed that to a good speed or great speed or something like that. When it got published, I forgot to tell you.
Speaker 2: That that's fine. You know he can run, well, yeah, he's got he's got. Yeah. There could be forty forty stolen bases there, goodn't there?
Speaker 1: Keisha? I think so. I think he can hit with speed, a little bit of pop. I like Keisha a lot holds on two of me. He's a little scary. I mean, he's getting old. I don't know how he's hitting in the home runs. Demmy, the data says the power is gone, but he's still doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put in my narrative like a fine wine. He's aging gracefully, and I think there's I think he's got another season at twenty five home run seventy RBIs ten to fifteen stolen bases, I think he can. He can accomplish that this year, and that puts him solidly in that group. Now it's hey, you've got a right to be concerned because he's thirty six years old. Not too many second basemen after the age of thirty five produce at a solid level. So yeah, I think there's reason to be concerned. My targets, other than Holiday and Kisho, for the most part, they're not in that. They're not in that top ten.
Speaker 1: Look, there's been no bigger supporter of Jose al two I think than me, right, And I'm not touching jose Olt. I didn't touch him last season. I was wrong. I'm not touching him this season. I just the setup is terrible, Tommy, It's just terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 1: And Ozzie Alvi's I warned everybody. I warned everybody in twenty twenty four that the data was not supporting what this guy was doing, and he has just dropped off a cliff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think one of the problems when you take a look at Alby's okay, everybody looks to Ozsi Alby's okay and sees twenty twenty three, I believe it is Yeah, that's the magic number twenty twenty three, and they see thirty three home runs, one hundred and nine RBIs, thirteen stolen bases, ninety six runs scored. That's not the Ozzy Alby's that we are looking at today. We're looking at a player that is going to hit I believe fifteen to twenty home runs, drive in seventy maybe steal ten twelve bases with a two forty two fifty average. Our mindset has to adjust from the fact that I don't think Ozzy Alby's is the same player he was two years ago. I think he's still a good player, but it's all about where you said the bar.
Speaker 1: His average exivelocity is eighty seven point five miles an hour. He's doing it all through launch. Eventually the launch doesn't work because then you become warning track home run power and it's it's he's just not aging well at all, and it's just and the speed to me, he's just gone. I mean it's the forty fourth percentile.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you're you're looking at Ozzie Albi's being the I'm based on my ranks the eight second basement going off the board, but he's going with an ADP of one sixty six, okay, which puts you in the twelfth round. I don't have any problems with Ozzie Albi's in the twelfth to fifteenth round.
Speaker 1: He's a fifteenth, He's a fifteenth to fifteen player and my home oopeny with no upside though yeah, no, I agree totally.
Speaker 2: It's all about how much you pay for him and when you decide to when you decide to go all in.
Speaker 1: Ye agreed to me to take a break and do the next ten shall we yees?
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: Tippy for my buddy sat Don Ruffaela has him at eleven and if you see he's going at six. Otto Lopez, Xavier Edwards, labor tour is boring old labor tours, Jose Caballero, Luis Garcia Junior, Jorge Polanco, Matt McClain, number nineteen, Marcus Simeon, Wow, have the mighty have fallen? And then Brent Batty and it coming to number twenty one times all in on the hey Sung Kim eighteen slots higher than the.
Speaker 2: So there's a zero white zero the wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, let's talk about him now, Timmy, I mean, where's all the love coming? For for Haysung, that's the that's the Dodgers kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Dodgers kid. When you take a look at what he did last year in his first year over rebounced back and or being the Dodgers in Oklahoma City finished the year in LA. He had eight home runs, stole twenty seven at bases in three hundred and ten at bats combined. The love is coming from the fact that I think after a first I'll call it adjustment Yim year, much the same as we saw with Hassan Kim in San Diego. I think we can look at five to ten home runs and I think we can look at thirty plus stolen bases in a full season of ball, and it looks like he has the second base job in LA. It's his to lose, and I don't think he's going to so I think there's value sitting there, and if you're leaving him till thirty nine, he'll be on all of my teams. It's as simple as that. I think it's a combination of opportunity and skills, and hey, he's going to hit the number nine slot. Is that a bad thing when you've got hitting immediately after you o Tawny and Betts and Freeman and you know, yeah, he could score a significant number of runs hitting out of the ninth spot with the bats following them. I think, so, I, hey, I do I want Brendan Donovan before taking a chance? No on Kim? No do I want cronin North do it? You know second base is not deep rich if once you get into the twenty to thirty five, into that grouping, if I'm looking at second basement in the I'm going to take a chance on upside every day of the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't score well on my analysis, Timmy, the average ex of velocity was eighty six miles an hour. Maybe it was just a small sample size that get it one hundred and sixty one at bats. He has fast, there's no question about that. Struck out too much, never walk, So it was hard for me to rank him high. But I do respect the fact that Hasan Kim if he follows a similar path there which Haw's Kim turned out to be really good baseball player. And if Hassan Kim can you know, kind of get you know, start to grow in a little bit to his man's strength and get full time at bats, maybe he can perform a lot better, So I will definitely support you on that.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, thank you very much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won't call you crazy.
Speaker 2: In other words, Okay, yeah, I think it's I think I formed a logical argument. Whether it comes to fruition or not, we'll see.
Speaker 1: But when I start, I like the argument. I like the setup based on how you have presented it. I'm always looking for setups, right, I'm looking for upside of guys. I'm not looking for Azzi Albi's if I if I get stuck with Abi Albi's, then okay, I get it. But I'm looking for some guys that have really good setups, and you painted a good one for Hassan Kim.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, now let's talk about Satan Rafaela. What's up, McLeod.
Speaker 2: How can you rank a guy that walked like fourteen times a year before? Okay? How can you rank him as number six? If I can't okay, I still think there's questions about the had tool, and I want to see another year before I start moving him up into the top five six. So basically, that's that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Sixteen home runs in twenty solem bases last year almost did almost at twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did, and hey, the walk rate's improved. I want to see a bit more before I start moving him up into that higher echelon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I he did not make my He did not make one of my targets, But I do, like Saydan Raffaela, because I I mean, when I did the breakdown of Pete Crow Armstrong and people can think I'm crazy, but the data supports this. Pe kro Armstrong has a lot more leverage than Saydan Rafaela. Otherwise they are exactly the same player statistic. So yeah, I just if Peaker Armstrong is going in the second and third round. Yeah, either one of them's too high or one of them's too low. I'll let people figure that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: All right. Uh, Labor Torres, m h. If you get stuck at second basis, Labor Torre is a horrible guy to have as your second basement.
Speaker 2: Not at all. Yeah, you're looking at a guy with ADB at two forty five. I've moved him up a little bit because if you take a little what he's done over the past four seasons, he's got one, two fifty six, two fifty two years of two fifty seven batting average, So I think you can safely say between two fifty and two sixty's a good spot for him. He's had one year that was down a bit in the power at fifteen home runs, but if you're the range is fifteen to twenty four. Over the past four years, the RBI total has been between sixty three and seventy six. I think he's perfectly safe and verging on being boring. The only thing he doesn't bring to the table is speed. But you're looking at pick two forty five. Okay, so you're looking what lateeen rounds? Yeah, yeah, I don't think he can go wrong with labor tours and round you're looking at ninety five six and round sixteen, seventeen eighteen. No, I think it's a fine pick.
Speaker 1: You don't like Matt McClain. You're talking to strike out strikeout rates are soaring for sure. I mean in two thou twenty three he had twenty eight point five ers a striker rate, was missed all of twenty twenty four and struck out twenty nine percent of the time last year. That obviously is not good expect at batting nevers of two thirteen. That is not good. He is fast, he doesn't have a ton of power yet, but he did go fifteen to eighteen last season, you know, and played full time. So what can I expect from him this year?
Speaker 2: I will say twelve to fifteen home runs, fifty to sixty maybe are weis. I'll go with twenty stolen bases eighteen to twenty and a batting average somewhere between one ninety and two ten.
Speaker 1: You're just down on them.
Speaker 2: Well, when you strike over one hundred and sixty seven times, okay, in five hundred and ten a bat that's a big number. And I don't see how he's going to support a half decent batting average. So for me, he's the type of player that I probably won't pick. I could end up with a guy that hits two ten, two fifteen in my middle endfield, but I'm not going to draft a guy knowing that he's going to do that, if that makes any sense. And I'm convinced right now that Matt McLean is not He's not going to generate a batting average, so I'm not going to blow off a category to get the home run and speed potential. Out of them, I'll look elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Marcus Simeon. I think it's fair to say Marcus Simon is not the same guy he was a few years ago. I mean, just as't the ball as hard as he used to. He still is pretty fast eighty one percent rating under sprint speed, and he still hits fairly well if you get and again he's thirty five. So who's as old as the hills?
Speaker 2: Yes he is.
Speaker 1: Statistically he looks like I mean, at as a middle infielder, can you do worse than Marcus Simeon?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah you can. You can end up you can, you can end up with a lot worse than Marcus Simeon. But I think that speaks to the caliber of the player pool at the second base more so than the skills of sim And you know, you're looking at a guy who is going to probably yeah fifty into twenty home runs, seventy RBIs, five to ten stolen bases and two thirty two forty batting average. You know is OBP the past two years has been three eight, three oh five. His OPS was down to six sixty nine from six to ninety nine from eight twenty six. The past couple of years, he'll be thirty six. Yeah, you can, you can do worse. It's just know your parameters outs that and yeah, the reality is he's at the decline. It's commenced. And I don't see a bounce back from Marcus. I mean, moving to the Mets, they're moving anywhere.
Speaker 1: I don't see a bounce. But I guess maybe I said it poorly. I mean, if you get caught out on middle infield, I mean, he is what he is. There's speed's still there, there's a little bit of power he should hit. I'm surprised how bad his batting average was. I don't know if the Mets is going to be better or worse for him. I mean I could see things imploding in metaland if they get off to a tough start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they haven't really done much this offseason, have they. You know, Hey, what happens if bred Beaty struggles or Viento's okay, if Senga is hurt and can't you know, can't get it, sim bring up the kids, Bring up the kids. When I look at Semi and I see he's going right now at two sixty Okayjrgate Polanco's at two forty six, uh Cavallera's at two thirty seven, Glabor Tors is at two forty five. There's a lot of players that are going off the board in that range, and he's just one of the four or five players that I think fit into that spot in the draft, and I'd be fine with all of them if that's the way I'm approaching second base. For me, I'm looking at the speed, So if I'm looking at one of those guys, it's only because I've shored up my speed right and it's no longer a priority.
Speaker 1: Mhm. My NFBC just said I'm on deck to him, I think I'm actually picking cond of Griffin just went off the board. I was actually thinking about that as well. So should I do this, Jose Cavallera. I think I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think you can get your power. It depends on the starting pictures available too. There's no relief pictures, obviously, but at least I do'be.
Speaker 1: There is Rookie Forsake, will Ves, Chris Bubeck, Connolly, Early, Zach Galen, Matthew Boyd. There's still some guys I'll get more pitches, but I mean, the multi player eligibility is so valuable in this format. It is, but I don't need the speed, which is what he's going to provide. I'm just gonna, I'm just gonna. I'm gonna hold off making that. I don't want to make a call here on my uh on a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, because you want to take a lover and see what power guys are left out there. There might be a guy that will give you ten to fifteen stolen bases to go along with twenty five home runs, right, that is more valuable. You know.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I can just grab somebody that took Corvin Carroll? Can I have him? I'll give you Jose Cavallero. Let's get back to second base here, Xavier Edwards. You down him three from where he was going to the NFBC and not a guy that's as you mentioned at the top, it's speeding zero power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is no power whatsoever. I remember last year about this time, and I was one of those guys that was huge on Edwards because I saw the thirty one stolen bases in two hundred and sixty some odd bats the year before in twenty twenty four. Yeah, we were all thinking big numbers. Injuries cut those numbers down significantly to only twenty seven stolen bases last year. I think he can steal thirty in his sleep. But at the same point in time, how much do I want to pay for that thirty? I don't want to pay as much as the NFBC guys do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of agree there. Twenty two starts Tommy Edmund, Brendan Donovan, Colt Keith, Jake Cronaworth, Sun Moon's Song, Andre Andre's Geminez, Jonathan India, Ernie Clement and Romy Gonzalez. Give me two guys in that grouping that you'd really like a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Get ready to hit zero point zero. But Sun Moon's song, Okay, past two years in Korea have been great. Okay, if he can find you don't have to. I have him ranked there. That doesn't mean you have to draft him there. Okay, you can probably pick him up in the four to five hundred range, but he's got potential for full time playing time. He is definitely one of them, and you know he's going so late. I look at Jonathan India India and he's never been a great player, but he had four really good years and then Ken So yeah, and Kansas City decided last year okay, that they wanted him to be their super sub. So he spent spring training learning two new positions, okay, and it flopped. Now the Royals are going back to him as a regular second basement this year, and they've spent eight million for the luxury of doing it. I think we could see a bounce back from India to the levels of play in twenty twenty four to twenty twenty three, which is, you know, mid teen power ten to twelve stolen bases a decent player. So I've moved India up a little bit because I think there is a shot at a bounce back from him. And when you look at all of the players down here, there's flaws all over the place. Again, I think India represents the potential for some upside. Rich Uh.
Speaker 1: He actually ranked pretty high on my analysis. I did not rank him as a target, but he was right on the cusps. So I'm kind of in agreement with you. I did not think about all the setup for uh, you know, learning, learning the multiple positions. I kind of love that narrative that you just did, so that in combination with what you said, with what the data is showing, I kind of support where you are with that. What's the second guy in that grouping?
Speaker 2: The second guy in that grouping? Ah? Hey, I I think if the Jays don't re up with Boba Schett, and I think that's a very real possibility because I'm hearing they're still they're still in on.
Speaker 1: I hear the Yankees are really in on uh On Boba Schett.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could I could see that. I think the Jays are still chasing hard on Kyle Tucker. Okay, so you know Immanez up until last year, he's going to play somewhere because of his glove. But I could see ten twelve home runs, maybe twenty five stolen bases as a late middle infield value. I'd look at him and as.
Speaker 1: Timmy, let's sick, let's sick. Let's do a couple more questions here, Let's take another break, come back and yeah, tack another break, come back, and we'll start to ask the hard questions, shall we.
Speaker 2: That sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: An hour and twenty one.
Speaker 2: Who.
Speaker 1: Timmy gave me a little grace as I had to go to the potty, Timmy, I couldn't take it anymore. I was Chris crossing my legs and it wasn't working.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's never a good sign, my friend, never ever, ever. I got to give you the time for that pause for the cause.
Speaker 1: A couple other guys here late. Uh uh, Lennon, So I'm assuming that's because he's out of it. You don't think he's going to get a job. And Kristen Campbell all the way down to forty thirty not big on him. Don't don't think he's going to get playing time. I'm assuming could he give us some color on both of those players. Well?
Speaker 2: In Boston with Campbell, uh, the Red Sox apparently are saying the preferred position they would like him to be playing his left field. Okay, well they've got about fourteen left fielders. Okay, you look at the oatfield. You know, I got Duran, you got Rafaela who plays, you know will A Brew, you got Roman Anthony. Okay, I just don't see Campbell fitting fitting in anywhere right now? How is that? I just hey, I think the potential, the skills are there, but I just don't see a pass the playing time right now. So how do I rank him above, Say, I've got romy Gonzalez at thirty, Okay, much higher. But Gonzales, he hits about hard, sprints, speeds solid. You know, there there are options in Boston. My problem is playing time. And with Lennon Sosa, he went from being an everyday, everyday type player, okay, to not being, you know, an everyday type player. So again, I don't know what's up with len and Sosa. Okay, it looks like they've got meat drawed into the leadoffs while the second base at DH they're looking at Quorros Sosa gonna fit in as a DH. It's playing time related and it doesn't look like he's going to get full time at bats. So I've just down shifted. And again I don't know what's going on with the White Sox, but we haven't heard much good about Lenonsoza or much of anything about Lenon Sosa this offseason at all. So I'm I'm just anticipating fewer at bats, fewer opportunities, and let's let's move them down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Out of these last forty or so players, give me a handful of guys that you're looking at for sleepers.
Speaker 2: Sleepers, how can you not like Adele Lamador, Well, he.
Speaker 1: Definitely can hit. I mean, but it was not very good when he got the promotion, and it's it's it's the Rockies, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the Rockies. If I'm going down this list, the guys that would intrigue me are all in a clump at the bottom, because again we don't know when they're going to get the call it. Max Anderson, Bryce Matthews, Bazanna, Tommy Troy, Okay, Treent. If the Cubs look at moving Nico Horner, Triantos could fit into the picture. Rockery zo I had had to give him a mention. Tomar Johnson, I think when you start looking at forty to fifty, there's a lot of players that will eventually end up rostered as injury replacements. Guys like Mauricio debonn Okay, possibly Cool Young, you know, Rocchio, Arias in Cleveland, Angel Martinez, Fossley's got the outfield eligibility, Tim Tawell on Arizona. There's a lot of players that I don't think are everyday players, but they will hold value at some point in the season as injury replacements, and do I want I'll pay for them as I need them. I won't stash them on my reserve roster.
Speaker 1: Richard, I think that's I think that's interesting and solid. I also think I like your I like Travis Bizana. I think there's some intrigue there. I think he'll get a shot. I don't know how good of a player he is. You know my love for Rock Reggio. I think that's a that's a great draft and hold round forty eight pick kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I really like, really like that.
Speaker 1: Casey Schmidt is there's this multi position eligible I think he did okay last season. I think there could be something there as well with him.
Speaker 2: What about that Geloff? Remember remember him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zach Geloff on my analysis scored very high. I'll just leave it at that. So maybe he can bounce back. But health was clearly a problem last season. Yes, he's pretty much free. He's pretty much free, and I think second base. As as I wrote to our Patreon members, if you don't you don't get the guy you're looking for. One strategy is to get a fill in guy and then look for some of these guys that might come up and play second place, like JT. Weatherholt and some of the Travis Bazanas of the world who might get a shot there and and will come up in that position. So that that's another strategy to play, because I do think Bizana is going to get a shot. I think JT. Weatherhold's going to be a shot. This depends on whether what Weatherhold actually plays or not. What position he plays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to say, and he'll probably be listed at shortstop or second base.
Speaker 1: He'll be listed at shortstop. But unless something happens to Mason Whin, I just think Nolan Forman. I mean, who knows what the Cardinals are doing anymore, But if Nolan Gorman, I just think that JT. Weatherhold's going to be the I think the best player on that team. Once he comes up and gets a little established, I think that's the guy they build around. I think he comes up. I think he comes up erillly in second base or third base, but I think second base would be the spot that he plays at unless they get rid of Aeronata.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know us, we are looking at thirty to forty and guys like Cody Clemens. I actually had him in my top thirty at one point in time. Then the Twins went and signed signed Josh Bell. Okay, well, adjustment time for Cody Clemens. Okay. Again, it's all about playing time and opportunities. So again, there will be opportunities in season. You just have to follow things very very closely. But as far as stashing players, I don't see second base being a priority.
Speaker 1: So your middle endfield is more than likely going to come from your shortstop.
Speaker 2: Either either that or I will end up in a situation where I look at Holiday or Keisha, one of those two you know, in eighth to tenth round, somewhere in that range based on the current numbers, and then I might be happy with Orge bolanco Real late. Like, I haven't done shortstop yet, but I know it falls off rather drastically after you get up to about pick twenty. I am am aware of that. So my middle infielder could come from second base depending on how I approach the position.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I'm gonna make it harder for you because the second mass so weak. Give me two guys, Timmy at the end of the season coming in the next year, are not top ten players? Two not one too. Oh and there's a right answer in here.
Speaker 2: By the way, f YI, Yes, I'm thinking the safe I'm going to go with the two easiest ones are Brandon Lowe and Bryson Stott. Obviously, I'm gonna go with Ozzie Lby's and ding.
Speaker 1: Ding Ding ding Ding right answer?
Speaker 2: And Brandon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would I have the pirates are hoping you're wrong because they would have a big season, you know, Keishall, I like the upside there, But if he gets off to a slow start in Minnesota, they you know, they might move on pretty quickly and demote him, so he could drop as well. It's another guy that does worry me a little bit, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be surprised if Jackson Holliday doesn't perform and can tell Marte and Jazz Chisholm aren't still there. But all these other guys, Timmy, even the great jose Al Tuve could.
Speaker 2: Find the wall.
Speaker 1: Might he finally might hit the wall and all these guys could come fall in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where can you rule out a fifteen fifty five stolen based season from jose L too? No, I don't think he can. I don't think it's gonna happen, but you can't rule it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, agreed, give me give me, give me two or three guys that you think might replace these guys, and you can give me coup on the teams, But give me a couple of deeper guys.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, replacing.
Speaker 1: Mong Song. I'm assuming there's one of them, right.
Speaker 2: Well, No, I want to give your finger or break. You've zero zero enough already to day. When I look at second base, the guy that really sort of intrigues me and is SoSE Cavallero, because if he moves into shortstop to cover off okay, while Volpay is rehabbing, is there a chance that Volpai doesn't have a job to come back to if Cavallero plays well, I don't think that can entirely be ruled out. So the upside from Cavallera, if he's a full time player, he could he could steal fifty sixty bases, okay for purposes of our game. That would put him as a top ten second basement So I like the potential there. Brett Baty, the upside potential he could move into the He could move into the top ten. He had eighteen home runs last year and pin Shy a four hundred of bats. If he gets up twenty five thirty home runs, you know, ten to twelve stolen bases. That that is very very intriguing. Ice on Kim there's upside there being that he's a Dodger and he he looks to have a job right now. We'll see how that shakes down. And then you get down to the bottom, the bottom tier, and yeah, how do you not like a guy like Max Anderson. You know, for the second half, a guy like the Zana Tommy Troy should get opportunities in Arizona. If Arizona moves on from Marte, which is rumored, Trianto's is the same situation. There could be opportunities there based on what happens with Nico Horner. So some of these guys towards the bottom could carry a fair bit of value heading into next year's drafts. What happens in the next two to three four months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won't reveal the suck ause Patreon members are paying for, but a lot of the I think there's a there could be much like we saw with Ketcher over the last couple of years and kind of changing of the guard was second base, as a lot of these kids are coming up from the minor leagues that started off being shortstops. In short JJ Weatherhold's a perfect example. They've got a really quality short stuff, but they're gonna play somewhere. It's going to be second or third. And I think you're going to see that next wave of players coming up. So and I kind of like some of the names you have here as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, guys like weather weather Holds, they'll get mentioned in the next feven movie do shortstops and yeah, yeah, so yeah, there there are going to be middle infield opportunities for a lot of these young kids as the aging veterans move on.
Speaker 1: So, knowing that I might be drafting Jose Cavallero and he's top of mind, you've mentioned a couple of times, until the Orioles, until the Yankees, and until Bobaschett is off the board, I'm a little concerned about Jose Caballero. I don't know how much the Yankees liked him. I haven't heard. He's a he's a he feels like a like a super utility guy, right and I think, right now, yeah, he would be perfect as a Yankee kind of doing that. And are they going to want to go to war with Cavalleros starting off the season and then going back to Volpi, who was terrible last year, even though the data says he could be better. That's what I don't know. If they're going to say we're the Mighty Yankees. We haven't signed anybody big. We just lost out on Amaya. We got to sign somebody. Let's overpay for Bobashett.
Speaker 2: That's what worries me so and and you know what, I think untill legitimate concern. If I was if I was in your shoes, knowing who you've drafted so far and looking at your team build. As much as Cavallero gives you the flexibility at multiple positions, I don't think he is the best player for you to be rostering, simply because you've already covered off on what other than the flex you've covered off on what Cavalleira is going to bring to the table, which is speed. So he might be the best player, but he might not be the best player for your team build. How's that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just again, I definitely agree with that, But I also just worry even because I've been thinking about Jose Cavallere for the last couple of rounds, and I just I can't get a read on what the Yankees are doing. And again, they are the mighty Yankees, and they got to be pissed that they haven't been able to score this offseason and they've tried well.
Speaker 2: And let's face that the Jays knocked them off their perch a little bit last year with that great season, and the Jays have been incredibly aggressive this offseason. Uh yeah, I would think in New York right now, the media is absolutely crucifying them for their lack of activity and your concerns, Avoute, Hey, we'll just give them what we should, what we want to give them. I think they're I think they're reasonable concerns.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, And Boba Schat has been said, hey I'll move to second base and move to third base. But the Yankees have a second basement. They have a really good defensive third basement. They Gashism at second and Ryan McMahon at third. I mean shortstop. Is the obvious one that's calling our name? Is calling somebody's name. And then you sit there and think, Okay, are they really going to go to war with Jose Cavallero with a backup of Volpie And I just don't know I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on a positive note, if you if you were to look at Cavallero, I still think he's going to get forty plus stolen basis. But that's all he might give you, just as a super sub relieving players, you know, and reduced it best. I think. I still think the speed is going to be there, But in your case, the speed is not all that relevant because you've covered off real good to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But having said that, yet it's still like, do I want anyway enough about me, Timmy? Yes, great stuff, Let's take our final break, come back and wrap this puppy up.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: Give me a player or to Timmy that you're going to.
Speaker 2: Avoid, I'm going to avoid everybody except for Jackson Holiday and Luke Keishall in the top ten.
Speaker 1: I can't disagree with you, my friend. I can't I disagree with you.
Speaker 2: I want to. I want to get some modes. I want to make sure my oatfield's covered off if I'm looking for power. Like as much as I like Chisholm Junior and Kato Marte and Bryce Terrang, I don't want to pay the price that one has to pay to acquire any of those guys. So I'm going to be looking further down the list. It's yeah, Hey, that was the conclusion I made as well.
Speaker 1: I agree with it. They'd have to fall, would have to go to the third round, and then I would be very interested. Can tell Marte. I think just still got the power. Solsa bar really hard. But it's out the good outfielders are sitting in those first rounds and you got to make choices. And that's just this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once we get to outfield, it becomes then you start looking, as you've done and I've done, you start looking at outfield. Do I want an outfield made up of outfielders after the say pick thirty through to pick sixty, Do I want to build my outfield with three players from that group and two from sixty to ninety trying to fill d H No, I don't. I want to try and avoid that situation.
Speaker 1: When I made the decision to go Elie de la Cruz, which to me was the right decision.
Speaker 2: I believe in that right.
Speaker 1: But that then it was like all of those second basemen were off the board. It's like, I'm not going with chisholmber T Marte. I got to go with an outfielder, right, and that's just the position I win. And I got to get another outfield soon after that. So you're you got two.
Speaker 2: Good ones, one with an immense upside potential and the other one has gone twenty twenty since I had a full head of hair. Okay, it can't get much. Yeah, a long time ago. Yeah, so no, I think I think it worked out well. I like what you've done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's uh, but that's just trying to help everybody as we've gone through that, thinking of the board and looking at the board. Yeah, sure you could go Elie de la Cruz followed by Catel Marte and be yeah, you got your middle, you got your middle all set up. You're going to be struggling to then with pitching, the high end pitching and outfit. It's going to run out in a hurry.
Speaker 2: Well, and first first base is you know, hey, if you don't get outfield, you've got to find yourself a good first basement. So then you take you've got your two middle infielders, you take a first baseman and and you'll find your team construction, your team build. It gets real nasty. You're going to spend most of the draft trying to chase after things you need rather than acquiring commodities that will improve your lot in life. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: First base was a priority for me. I did not want to wait too late, and yeah, and get no batting average. That was what I was worried about, because then, well, I know I can I know I could get power first base later on, but right, I just don't want to get a two twenty batting average and twenty five five runs to get a guy that I think can hit as well. And yeah, that's that was my That was my spot. And playing in a good lineup, which is why Matt Olson flat junior. Yeah, all of those play. Oh by the way, I was actually proud of my my league mates in this league that Nick Kurtz went back of, he went back of the second round, so once again went in front of him. He went pick one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eleventh pick in the second round.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no, I looking at some of those early numbers on Kurtz. Yeah he might deliver on them, but man, oh man, it's.
Speaker 1: It's tough to take. Tough to take Pete Alonzo after Nick Kurtz. You know, it's just like playing at Baltimore. Now just I mean Peter Anza. It's I think Nick Kurtz wants to become Pete Alonzo.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, well exactly, Yeah. How many times has Alonzo bested forty home runs? A lot more than once?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like Nick, so, Nick Kurtz, Nick Kurts it hit fifty five home runs or something crazy like that. But the risk associated with that versus pretty much being a short of thirty five to forty with Pee Alonzo, I don't know. Sometimes you just have to take the more conservative play and then go for your go go for the more risky stuff a little bit later. That's just how I like to play it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, sometimes your best pick is the one you didn't take when you didn't make the movie you didn't make, because again, you've got to look at filling a lot of positions in the best possible way that you can and adjusting your picks accordingly. It Drafting a team's not easy, and whether you've got sixty seconds on the clock or four hours, hey, one pick leads into another leads into another, and you start going down the wrong path and before you know it, there ain't no coming back. And that's when it becomes a problem and it gets ugly quick.
Speaker 1: Yeh, I agree with you. I mean that's a wrap, my friend. We will talk next week. Are we doing third base next week?
Speaker 2: I was going to do short stops simply, Yeah, the tie in between second and short the middle infield. Do it in one block and then do third base a week after.
Speaker 1: If that works for you, I'm I'm easy either way. We got to do another prospect stuff, so we have to talk about that during during the week. I've got some personal stuff going on this week, very exciting, Timmy. You know what I did Friday. You'll never guess what I did on Friday.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me how to root canal?
Speaker 1: No, that's I had. No I'm see good. But it was about the same kind of pain. I don't know Department of Motor Vehicle is like in Canada. But I had to go to the DMV. We're moving our permitted residence back up to New Jersey, and Laurie and I went and spent two wonderful hours at the DMV. Timmy, it's you make an appointment. I'm like, okay, great, we made an appointment at ten thirty and right all you do is you get into a long snaky line and then you get up about eleven o'clock to make it to the first thing, and you go, I have a ten thirty appointment, and the guy says, okay, go to that line. It's another long snake and lego, what do you mean I have an appointment? He goes, yeah, you have an appointment, Thank you very much. Going to the line.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, at ten thirty, you're getting it. The line, okay, at ten forty five, you're stolen our our equivalent to your DMV is exactly the same. You gotta remember a couple of weeks ago they suspended my license, right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah I remember that.
Speaker 2: Ye yes, yeah, okay, so yeah we're talking. Yeah, different countries, U same modus operende pretty much. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow. When you know they took my picture, you know, for the license, and you know they put it up on a big screen to say this is what timmy, I'm an ugly man. I have to admit that was horrible. I mean I just looked at it. Oh my god, I look old. I look terrible.
Speaker 2: I mean just like, yeah, you can't smile, they tell you not just look Mine looks like it should be up on the post office wall under the wall talking list. It's brutal.
Speaker 1: I got in the car with Laurie and I said, I have to tell you man, I said, I hope you don't dump me. I have no shot again another no, no, I have no shot to get in the date after get at that picture.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, oh, my war And that woman looked at you, goes is that okay? I go no, But I mean I'm afraid the next one who takes them look exactly the same. And I don't want to know that.
Speaker 2: Well, And you know what happens if you say no, it's not good, okay, Then you go over into the know the picture is not good line okay, and you're another forty five minutes eight for else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, it was. It was crazy. So but we're all done. We got uh, we got our license plates on the car and we got Tipperary Tipperary licenses. The new one's coming the mail in like two weeks or something, so I don't know. So we're we're all good. But I'm hoping the pictures. I know in North Carolina they turn them into black and white photos. I'm hoping that they turned these because then you don't look quite as bad as the black and white as you do in color.
Speaker 2: So right, yeah, no, and hey they take a look at it and yeah, it's it's black and white. What do you expect? Right? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I encourage you all our younger listeners, enjoy your youth. Thinks. Things really starting to go down the hill. It's just like, oh, man, I looked at my last I looked at my car. Driver says, that's not so bad. That was like five years ago. Like, and it's like, has it gone this bad in five years?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, probably listening to so much of my advice probably has did that process.
Speaker 1: Lord have mercy. Oh my god, it's it's it's over anyway, Timmy. It was good, good, good chatty, great show, great job on the ranking, and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: Be safe, be well, and looking forward to going through Shortstop next weekend.