Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we are.
Speaker 1: Get off our show, idiot. The kids are playing to turn out, the countries are screwing it up. Gold Play Inner Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 3: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not.
Speaker 1: Who's the kid here? Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me? Now? Here's nick coffee?
Speaker 2: All right? Better late than never, right right, it's Coffee and Company fuel by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. We're not like really late, in fact, this is usually in fact, we're a little early compared to where we are at times when we sometimes get the four o'clock and five o'clock hour started. But for the most part we've been pretty sharp at being on like right at three o'clock. But today the Bats, their game just concluded. It was actually on ten eighty, not seven ninety. But had we got a lot of people in here working hard on Derby week, so we didn't have an available studio, so I had to kill a little bit of time there to get this thing started, but we're here. We're ready to rock and roll myself, Nick Coffee, Austin Montgomery alongside Derby Week continuing, and I mean I felt really bad because I like to have good energy before the show. But I really made Austin sad when I told him the forecast for Saturday. I mean, you didn't take it well mind me? Yeah, I mean it's not like I predicted it, because you know, trust me as someone who rarely gets a chance to be and I told you so. Guy, I'm going to take advantage of chances when I can say I told you so. But this wouldn't be genuine because I didn't predict this. I just said I hope it doesn't do what it's actually doing, which is that if we go back a couple of days. I remember, I think it was either Monday or Tuesday. It was Monday actually, because that was when we started looking at the forecast. It was like, Okay, we look pretty good for Oaks and Dirty, but man, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday not so much. And what what has happened is that it just delayed, it held off, and now it's going to be seemingly awful for Oaks and Derby I mean, I know that they're often wrong, and I'm really hoping they wrong this time. But I mean, the current forecast and this is this is you know, I'm sure maybe Mark with the c Weinberg on WDRB, maybe he's got something different he's seeing. Maybe you know, maybe Jay Cardosi's got something that he's looking at that nobody else has noticed. Maybe you can find some real positivity, some optimism about weather on Derby Day. But what it shows me here on this this weather app on my iPhone is a ninety five percent chance of rain on Saturday. In fact, it now says one hundred percent chance. It was ninety five Austin, whatever you and I were talking about twenty minutes ago. Now we're up to one hundred percent. Which can they do that? Though, like I feel like seeing a hundred percent chance of any weather is it is impossible because you know, one, you can't really predict the future. And if you could, then you know, we wouldn't really need mediuroologists. They would just you know, they would just be able to tell us what's going to happen because they can predict the future. So if you're going to say it's one hundred percent chance of something. I would hope that that means it's happening as we speak. But we're still a couple of days away. So here, I am trying to re route something in my brain to tell me that they're going to be wrong, because you know, it doesn't look good. But on Saturday, here's the chances of precipitation you have. Let me see here. Okay, I thought maybe I was in the wrong city. I'm not so on Saturday. From noon, I'm sorry, from midnight, you know, a midnight on Saturday, meaning Friday night, essentially up until six pm on Saturday, there's there's no less than a forty percent chance of rain. It's up to sixty in certain spots. So here's what we know it's gonna rain. I just hope that you know it doesn't rain as much as they're expecting, and that you know, maybe it rains early and then it doesn't rain in the afternoon, or maybe it holds off and we get hit late at night. But yeah, if you're preparing to go to Derby or really just enjoy Derby at a Derby party, or I mean, if the weather is what it looks like right now, I'm not really sure anybody would enjoy that under any circumstance, even if it wasn't Derby Day. But it would be just it would be just our luck if we just get, you know, hit with all this rain we were supposed to get throughout the week. It all just happens to dump on us on Oaks Day and on Derby Day. But that's that's what it's looking like. So not good. In fact, I haven't other than just looking at my phone, I haven't haven't been listening to what the local crews have been discussing, meaning those that you know are meteorologists for our news networks here in town, because obviously they they're aware that they're I mean, their job is to tell us what's going on in the Kentuckian area. And we happen to be hosting one of the biggest sporting events of the of the year in a couple of days. So maybe I'll look around to see if maybe I can find somebody that's going to tell me that it's gonna be okay, and don't worry about it, Nick, It'll be all right, It'll it'll work out. I want to answers Dan. Yeah, I mean, mother Nature's been bending us over all year, bro, I mean twenty twenty five. She's she's I don't know what she's doing, but she's humbling us. She's letting us know she's calling the shots, and we're really at her mercy because I mean, tell you what, Beyonce, I mean, it's been it's been brutal this year. I mean we are we have now concluded four months of the twenty twenty five year, which just saying this out loud is crazy. We are now one third of the way through twenty twenty five. Think about that, Like it just feels like it just started, right, I mean we are four months into this new year, which is not a new I mean we're well into the new year, so it's going back quickly. Yeah. So we've had, I feel like in the four months of twenty twenty five, I mean really really unusually bad weather, right, I mean the winter was a lot more brutal than we're used to, certainly more so than it's been in a long long time. And the wind, rain, flooding, tornadoes, and all we ask is maybe you make it up to us on Derby Day, Mother Nature, And she's she's relentless, isn't she just just just pounding us, just just giving us a beating. What do we do? I don't know what we do, but all we can do is, you know, pray that every year a Derby. That's true. Yeah, it's worked out the light.
Speaker 4: It wasn't rainy last year. Was it the year before? I think it rained after the derby? Yes, that sounds about right. I mean we've just stood in line.
Speaker 2: We've had We've had derbies recently that I can recall where we did not get rain. But it like the last few four or five derbies I can remember being there as part of our coverage. It was gloomy, which I'll take that over rain obviously. I mean, beggars can't be choosers. But like, I can't remember the last time I was working Derby and it was sunny and beautiful outside. In fact, the first two I believe were like that, and then I just assumed that it's always going to be great. And then also, man, this sucked. But when we did Derby, when nobody could go right, like when we did it in like September, right, yeah, twenty twenty. Yeah, we did it in September of twenty twenty, and like we parked on like out it. We parked in the infield because like you didn't have many I mean, the only people that could be there at the event were those that were like part of the families of the the owners of the horses and the race. And then of course we were there for media coverage, and it was pretty light that year as far as coverage, but we still we were still there, and I remember making the walk in and it was just so surreal because you know, you know, the derby's about to take place, but you know, I'm driving right up to like near where the thing starts, because that's how they did media parking because again and there's there's nobody there compared to what they usually have. And I remember making the walk in and you know, there's people, but not a crowd, like you know, it's not like it's a ghost town, but like it's it's just really these packs of people, right like twenty thirty people that are with this horse in some former fashion and then I mean that's really what it was. And then some workers. But I remember thinking like maybe it's because you know, it's happening in September and not in in May, but man, this would be the perfect day for this for this derby, but you know, COVID got in the way. So yeah, anyways, a lot to get into as we as we continue to move forward here during derby week. I will say last night the NBA playoffs got more of my attention than they typically do. And I trust me, I'm not gonna spend a lot of time talking about like Lebron James and his future with the Lakers, because you know, I don't think that will be interesting, and you know, Lebron's gonna be back with the Lakers. But last night, of course he's doing the whole well, you know, I have to talk to my family. I'm not really sure about what I'm gonna do. We know what you're gonna do. But I think Lebron at this stage, to see that he's two and twelve in the last three series that he's been in the playoffs, I mean, like he can be great, but like he can't carry a team anymore. And I'm not sure it's because he's fallen off. Like he's still an insanely talented player that at any moment can just remind you that he's one of the best ever. And I mean he'll have a game randomly and you'll say, yeah, I thought this guy, that guy was the best player in the NBA, but it might still be him just because he's so he's just different. But the rest of the NBA feel like has you know, has gotten better to where like Lebron can now go out there and put a team on like Lebron has throughout his career put teams on his back when he's had to or just done it because he's that great and they've fallen short. But it's like, you know, in the finals or it's Eastern Conference finals, now Lebron can be great and really put up the same kind of numbers that he's always put up, and they could be mid like not even good. And I'm not even sure the Lakers were very good at all this year. So the Luca trade clearly, I think the Lakers still feel like they won that. But you did start to see in this series, specifically not necessarily reasons to defend Nico Harrison, but things that he you know, was was I guess not a fan of when it comes to Luca, so much so that he was willing to part with a guy who had just taken him to the finals. You know, you see some of that play out, like the number. And we'll get into this later because I don't want to, you know, act like I'm going to lead with the NBA. But there's some numbers from Luca's career in the last couple of years compared to his first couple of years that would make you believe that he's aging a lot quicker than most do in the NBA. And maybe maybe one day Nico Harrison will be able to have the last laugh. I just hard for me to see, you know, to see to see that actually playing out, because it's one thing to give up Luca and you know, for a bunch of future picks and a star player, but like they just didn't get enough. So anyways, the playoffs at this point, I will say they've been more interesting than I than I anticipated. Also, we've got Mark Pope and Rick Bettino facing off against each other next season. I know Rick has talked about, In fact, Rick has both Louisville and Kentucky talked about games that really from an I understand there was nothing really in the works like it had been mentioned. Nobody said no, but Rick will do what Rick does and put it out there. And like I guess put pressure on Kentucky or Louisville to actually schedule the games, because you know, Louisville and Kentucky, I'm sorry, Kentucky and Saint John's, they're gonna play each other next year, but it's gonna be in the CBS Sports Classic, not in any he like, it wasn't In fact, it wasn't scheduled. Saint John's is taking the place of UCLA in the CBS Sports Classic. And obviously Rick had mentioned a few weeks ago he wants to play Louisville and they're working on it and bringing Louisville to the Garden next year to play his Saint John's team, and it'll be part of it. That'll be the first game in a you know, multi game series multi years. And I understand that. I don't want to say he lied, but like he extremely exaggerated sort of where that was in the process. But that's just kind of what Rick does. Rick just says things, and you know, has a great way of speaking it into existence or at least, you know, convincing people. I mean, what was it he said a few weeks ago that like everybody just started talking about and had it been anybody else that brought it up, Nobody would talk about it because it's ridiculous and it wouldn't happen.
Speaker 4: It was him liking the the Yankees and the Mets that.
Speaker 2: That that is, That was not even the one I was thinking. But you've given me another good example, right, like because in New York you can't do that, Like imagine trying to justify you grew up in New York. You love New York and you like the Net, Mets and the Yankees, Like come on now, like I don't know, I know you want to appeal to both New York sides there, but like they're gonna all think you're a fraud when you say that. But Rick says it and they don't think it as much because he's gifted when it comes to that kind of stuff. Here's what it is. He mentioned that the ACC and the Big East should should merge. Remember that he threw it and like that would never happen, and the ACC has no interest in that. I'm sure the Big East doesn't either. But yet because it's Rick, it got you know, he gets. If any other coach would have said that, it probably would have been laughed at, or maybe just not even noticed because you know it's it's not it's not realistic. But you know, Rick has has found his way onto the schedule of Mark Pope, And I mean, I don't think that'll be awkward for Kentucky fans. But again, I'm not a Kentucky fan, so I can't I can't speak for them, but like you're gonna want to beat Rix Brainsen, right, I would assume so. And also, let's be real, if Mark Pope loses and Kentucky just looks as if in year two of Mark Pope and year three of Rick at Saint John's that like Rick is in a much better spot. I mean, I don't think Kentucky fans will turn on Pope, but I guess the question would be this, and you won't know, none of none of the fans will know until it happens. But like you, you like Rick now right, I mean, I'm sure you'll find some that hate him, and I get it because you know, he coached Louislle for a long time and he flipped you off, and you know, I get it. But Pope being back gave Rick the extension to kind of crawl back to BBN in his own way to have that moment where he gets honored on on Big Blue Madness Night, And you know, it clearly was something that not any of us ever saw happening, but we probably should have expected it, just given the fact that he coached at Kentucky won a national championship, and he never hid the fact that he loved that job more than any he had. And he never said this directly, but I mean he kind of said it without saying it many times that he knows where he would be if he never left, right, So it's hard for us to even think about that. Whenever Calipari's in Lexington, Rick's at Louisville, and man, the rivalry is at a level it'll never be at again because there's just so much animosity and hatred. There's a personal rivalry between those two guys to where you just never think there's a scenario Rick. I mean, you know, Rick would ever come to Lexington unless he's forced to. So they had that moment last year, and I think it's healthy for their fan base. So I guess what I was going to say, as far as you won't know until you get there, if you lose to anybody, you're gonna be upset, right, Like if you lose to any team as a fan base, nobody wants to lose, right. But I think before they mended things, before they made up right and Rick came back and you know, talked about how great Lexington was and just gassing up Mark Pope, I'd feel like, had there not been that moment and Rick beat you, it would feel worse than just any loss, because man, that's a guy we used to make fun of and we you know, he's the enemy, and now here he is at a new school and we got a new coach and he beat us. But now that he's you know, at least been forgiven by seemingly a lot of their fans, maybe if he beats you, it's not as it's not like, you know, damn it, we lost to Rick. It's like, well, you know, he was a great coach when we had him too, and you know maybe one day, maybe one day Mark Pope will be able to get past is the guy he learned from. So I don't know, I feel like, put it this way, Cali Perry, that loss last year, like that sucked for Kentucky fans. It really didn't change a whole lot. They still had a good season, got a good seed, made it to the second weekend, but like that was a game that fans just did not want to lose. Players probably didn't care. I think they understood knew that like that was that was there was. That was a special game for the fans. Caliperry clearly, you know, wanted to go in there and remind them of what they maybe in his eyes, took for granted. But you know now that Rick has been has been viewed as like the good guy. Like I think there's maybe I'm way off here. I think some Kentucky fans are now like pro Rick anti cal and I in a way I kind of get it. But just imagine saying that like five six years ago, right, Austin, you have some friends that are Kentucky fans. Have they have you gotten any feel for like are they just kind of like they don't hate Rick now or do they like like him? Or are they still the hell with him? They're doing the thing. I never hated him. He was he well he I mean, he led us to a championship. He's Rick Patina. He just he just joined Louisville. We never hated him, Yeah you did? Yeah, Oh, you hated him big time, you made fun of him. I mean, like, and I have no problem saying this to Matt if he was here. Matt was able to utilize Rick Pattino as the enemy, being the Louisville's coach and Rick Patino, you know, the Katina pal Karen Siffer stuff, like those kind of things that they covered. I mean that that helped the growth of KSR substantially. Not to say it wouldn't be super successful without that kind of stuff, but like clearly like it was. I think the Kentucky fan average personality was all you know, most people had. There was an element of like making fun of Rick and Louisville, you know what I mean, And I don't it's not it's a rivalry, but like him being your former coach, and then man, did he give you guys a lot of ammunition to make fun of him. And then we defended him, and you know, had to live with the fact that we loved the coach who you know, had the program and some really embarrassing scandals, and then to see him go back to Lexington again. It all made sense and we should have expected it. But man, that's why I think some Louisville fans were like, all right, the hell with this guy. We defended you man when you were having intercourse on a table at a restaurant in town. We wanted you to We wanted you to keep your job. We had, you know, we had a prostitute scandal, and you know, I don't think Rick specifically was a factor in that, but you know, we'll never know. I'm sure people don't too agree with that. Yeah, Katina's ladies, Yeah, ladies of the night, Like we're in the battlefield, just you know, already wounded, already accepting that we're you know, we're pretty defeated, but we were still fighting for you Rick. Imagine fighting for your coach for that kind of stuff. And then he goes back to the rival and you know, talks up them, and I mean, did he make any He didn't really have any. He didn't take a shot at Louisville, but he did. He did lie and say that he had never been like invited back, which I loved how much that bothered former players. Not to say that I want there to be animosity, but like they checked him on that, and I was happy to hear that because he did his lit I mean, he was invited to come back when they honored the twenty thirteen championship team for their ten year reunion and chose not to. I mean, you know, and he could have, And I get it if it's still too raw for him to where he's just not ready for that. But I mean, don't lie about it, like, don't act like Louisville's out here trying to make you like a bad guy, because they haven't. So anyways, Patia, they did like a FaceTime call Pope and Rick did, and we'll let you guys hear a little little bit of sound from that. I mean, it'll be a big matchup, no doubt. And I just can't tell at this point. Are Kentucky fans looking at this as we better not lose that one because it's Rick, or is it, you know, just another game. I doubt that's the case, but I could be wrong. All Right, some of the things we will get into throughout the throughout the afternoon today, we'll continue to talk about, you know, everything that comes with Derby, meaning you know, Derby season. We've done that. I feel pretty good about what we've been able to do as far as giving you you know, you could tell we're in the derby season derby spirit, but it's just you don't talk a lot of horse racing. But today I'm gonna finally, finally let you guys hear about each of the horses from our own Jody Dimmling. I mean, We're not going to get to them all today, but Jody Dimling has done a great job of putting together, I think a profile for each and every horse in the derby that'll tell you a little bit about how they ended up being able to compete in the derby, a little bit about the owner, a little bit about the trainer, that kind of stuff. And I've had people over the years tell us that when they hear these on the station, of course news Radio eight for Whas, that Jody's helped them kind of determine who they want to bet on. So I've neglected that and it's a great resource that we have, so I'm going to certainly utilize it throughout the day today, So stick with us. It is Coffee and Company. Feel about Thorn's right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety Now back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: I know I said this yesterday, but it needs to be said once again today because here we are another day and more weird layers to the Bill Belichick Jordan Hudson's situation. I mean, have you heard the latest Austin. No, So when things just don't make sense, there's usually something that would make sense of it. And that was sort of what I'm sure many others like myself have been doing. Is Okay, what is this? Like? Clearly, you know she's attractive, she's young, she's getting some shine, some fame from this. I don't even think she's all that hot as everyone else. All Right, Okay, okay, because I'm with you, like again, like she's not bad by any means.
Speaker 4: But I hate to sound degrading when I say hot, but no, no, what you mean though, Like I mean.
Speaker 2: It, Actually I feel like if she was And yeah, I'm gonna sound like such a pig here, but I mean, look, she's attractive and she's twenty four years old. He's seventy three. I mean that alone is really not debatable. I guess everybody's opinion on what's attractive and what's not can be different. But what I'm saying is that, like she's pretty, you know, she's not an IG model, if that makes sense, right, Like, she's not, I mean, to my knowledge, she's not. You know, thirst trick happen in you know, social media year round because she's just you know again, and not to say she couldn't do that and have success if she wanted to, but she's she didn't have some public life of being like you know, I think when I say an IG model, people know what I'm talking about. But anyways, she she's she is benefiting from this for what we guessed fame, some notoriety, but really like that that would really have to be it unless you know she's using him for his money. That's what you know. There was really no reporting of that, and there's really no way to prove it at this point. But that's that's the newest evidence. Now. As far as him, you ask, Okay, what is he getting out of this? And I was listening to Coward earlier today and he he kind of said what I had mentioned yesterday. And I think it's probably the belief of a lot of people that other than just you know, enjoying the company of a twenty four year old woman when you're seventy three, like he looks more I guess cool to the younger crowd, and it's showing that he's not. He's not he's not dead yet, and I mean that, you know, his figure speech more so than actually dying. But you know, he's hip, he's cool. She's helping him have a social media presence that like he'd never had before, and he looks you know, more relatable than he ever has. But like, those aren't things that you would just assume the two parties here would merge together to mutually benefit just from that. And I still don't know what he's getting out of it other than what we mentioned, Like maybe he really just is into her, like he loves her, or maybe he's just like all right, you know, I don't have a whole lot of time left here at seventy three, so I now I'm gonna utilize my fame and my fortune and just you know, I'm only going to hook up and date women that are in their twenties. Like again, you know that's not unheard of, but this is Bill Belichick. This is not you know, just some random horny old dude. So those who claim this could be elder abuse, or maybe they mention it tongue in cheek. I still don't think that it's a serious situation to where like she's quite literally abusing this man and he doesn't know, Like he doesn't know it because he's just too old and senile. But we now know more about her. So since she's been linked to Bill Belichick, she has purchased a ton of real estate properties, which you know, she didn't have any of that until she was with him. No that, so you know, like that would make it make more sense as to why she would want to make this a because it's not just like, oh yeah, wow, Bill Belichick. He was seen out on a date with a young model or something. They're an item and they want that to be out there. And for him, again, I'm still guessing that he's thinking the benefit is that he looks cool and you know, he's showing a different side of him that nobody saw when he was the old, grouchy, grumpy grandpa in New England. Whereas for her, it's got to be money. So again, she's now she now has has obtained all these real estate properties and I'll try to see if I can pull up the number, but I mean it was it was pretty substantial as far as the value, and you know, I would doubt that she has the financial means to where she can go pay this without his assistance. And the reason I'm making that assumption it's not just because she's you know, she wasn't famous before she started dating him and that she's twenty four. But the family she comes from has had some real money problems. So she was raised in Hancock, Maine, and her parents ran a fishing business that at one point was was successful but then it went bankrupt. So like they ran out of money, they went bankrupt. Okay, So then this is going to be something that you will think I'm making up, but I'm not. I mean, this has been, this is this is, this is out there from TMZ of TMZ Sports. I mean the New York Post has a write up on it. And her mother now, her mother eventually moved to Provincetown on Cape Cod and she manages a sex toy shop in Museum Nice. So like that's like the maybe Bill's trying to use her to get through her mom could be. But like think about this, like for the for the worry that like her family might just be because let's be real, like when people see Bill Belichick in his seventies with a girl in her twenties. Like, if I was the mom or dad, I would be like, man, people are going to sexualize my daughter now because they're going to obviously think about how weird it would be to you know, I mean, this is not a normal thing. Right, he's old enough to be her grandpa. But like maybe they're not that bothered by because, you know, instead of being prudes and just you know, real protective. I mean, mom's business is a sex shop, a sex toy shop. Not a sex shop where you have sex, but a sex toy shop and museum which didn't know there was a I mean again, when it comes to the whole Belichick situation, say these things out loud with me, Right, Bill Belichick two years ago, Imagine saying he'd be in college coaching North Carolina. Imagine saying that he would be dating a twenty four year old woman when he's seventy three. You wouldn't believe it. Here's the new layer, Bill Belichick. The girl he's dating who's twenty four and he's seventy three. Her mother owns a sex toy shop and museum. Like, you can't make this stuff up. I mean, I'm not sure what else could come from this as far as layers, as far as just making it more weird, but I do think now like it's a money thing, gotta be right. I mean, this guy, you know, he doesn't he doesn't just have like money fresh off of an NFL contract. The guy has generational wealth. I mean, he's I mean, think about his accomplishment, think about what he's I mean, the guy has money that. I mean, I don't know where he'd rank as far as the highest paid guys, you know, ever in the NFL, as far as longevity, but you know, it wouldn't shock me if he's up there, because again, we're talking about a guy who coached for a long long time, and for a long long time he was really really successful. So you got a wonder though, at some point, does she you know, does she call it off? Because although she doesn't seem to care about people not really caring for her, I mean, I think she's kind of playing into that. But yeah, here's here's the specifics about her. Yeah, this is let's see, I'm reading directly from the New York Post. Bill Belichick's spry girlfriend, Jordan Hudson, has amassed in New England real estate portfolio worth about eight million dollars, all within the months of the fisherman's daughter meeting seventy three year old ex Patriots coach, according to property records, So at twenty four, she bought three multi family homes across the Boston area for about seven and a half million, inching millions of dollars in mortgage agreements within days. That was according to documents reviewed by realtor dot com. Two months earlier, she dropped six hundred and ten dollars on a cottage in the scene at Cape Cod town of Harwich, which she listed as her home address on the mortgage. Those on those mortgage documents. So these big time purchases all came right around the time that she, you know, was in fact, if there these two apparently met when she was twenty in twenty twenty one, So these purchases happened just a little bit before they were publicly an item. But clearly they had already been linked before it became like you know, a thing, and I don't know why, But like when she's seventy, when he's seventy one and she's twenty, I don't know why that sounds so much worse than twenty four and seventy three. Yes, it sounds much, but it sounds just as bad. It's worse. Yeah, yeah, you know. So look, it's legal, he's not doing anything wrong, but like I just you know, from a bill from the only reason I now, like don't think it's as crazy to say that, like he might need to have like an intervention, like somebody might need to check on him and like wake him up and like let him know, like what, like do you realize what's going on here? Like we think you do, but like not really sure because this is embarrassing. There's no I mean, she's the only one benefiting from this in any way. He's not. And and at this point it's this whole thing's created. It's got a life of its own to where the hope of oh you look at Bill Man. He's cool, he's edgy, he's he's hanging out with the young ladies. Oh, he's on ig now, he's doing yoga. Poses this has created a life of its own to where none of that's even going to get attention or even get acknowledged, if it ever even was going to in the first place. So he's not benefiting from her other than maybe you know, in an intimate way, and Carolina, there's no way that if they were honest, they would say that. Right now, they feel like, you know, they've made a good decision with the whole Belichick thing. He hain't coached a game yet. Maybe I'm overreacting, but like their coach who you know, you thought would be really getting the notoriety because it's Belichick coaching college and you know that alone is a story. But this whole girlfriend thing has It's become a much bigger thing than any other component. And I don't see a scenario where it ever is not. I mean, maybe it dies off and she's just around and we get used to it. But I mean, Carolinea's getting nothing out of this Belichick again, from a pub from a publicity standpoint, like a PR thing, I don't think he's getting anything out of it. He looks people now think he's senile. I would think the NFL's now if he ever wanted to come back to the NFL, which I'm convinced he does, which is why he's doing this college thing, because he wants to show the NFL what they're missing out on. They're now looking at him probably as if he's if he's like, you know, losing his edge mentally, because like what man in his position would be doing this? And again I act like he's committing a crime and she's committing to crime. They're not. But usually when things just don't make any sense as far as the surface the optics, there's usually more to it, And we've learned I think more to it each and every day, and I wouldn't be shocked if tomorrow there's even more. But anyways, that's your update on Bill Belichick. Jordan Hudson for the day. All right, quick break, we will come back on the other side, keep it rolling along. In fact, I believe I'm gonna let you guys hear the first Derby profile of the week from us here at sports Talk seven ninety. So Jody Dimling does a great job of getting you set for Derby Day, and we'll let you hear those throughout today and tomorrow. Give a lock right here on sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, Derby Week rolling along here. Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. We don't have good weather on the way it looks like, but let's all just pray that it doesn't end up being brutal, because I don't know, if I know, we briefly talked about it yesterday, I can't remember how how much we got into it. But if you think about it, one of the really cool like there can't be a day other than a holiday throughout the year in Kentucky where there's more parties that people throw at their house, right because you know, maybe Fourth of July, but I would be willing to bet there's more derby parties that go on around here than Fourth of July. Really, I mean, Fourth of July is a celebration, so it's it's kind of a holiday. So therefore, like it maybe it doesn't count because it's a get together to sell, you know what I mean, Like it's a holiday. Fourth of July is not a day where like I just know I'm going to be getting together with all of my family and grandparents, but like it's also a actual holiday that people celebrate their own way. You know, there's not to me, there's never been like that. All right, Well, I got to make sure I go see my mama because it's Easter. But like you know, Fourth of July is is still a really important holiday, so I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't know, you know, that's not blasphemous. I would agree with they're probably there has to be more derby parties than there is, like Fourth of July party. What do you think about super Bowl parties here?
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's a good one. But I feel like I don't know, Like I just I bet if you are from Louisville the area Kentucky, even I feel like it's more of a Louisville thing, but maybe it's bigger throughout the state. Because that's what I've never really I've never really known how the state embraces Derby, you know what I mean, Like I know that they it's the Kentucky Derby and obviously it takes place in Churchill Downs and the state. I mean, I think out in the state, Lexington specifically is more exposed to the sport of horse racing than us here in Louisville. But maybe that's just me. What do I know? But I just know that right now, anytime anybody I can think of that is that, you know, as a friend and acquaintance. If I were to ask them what they do for Derby, they would probably say that they go they have an annual place they go to because they're like, I know, like five ers. And I don't say this to bragg like I've got so many friends or something like that, because I don't really think it's that rare. Like there's like six different parts parties that I know that go on. I've been to each of them throughout the years, and I try to make a couple every year, but usually as I get older with my kids and whatnot, and I have to work half the day, we end up usually just kind of picking one maybe two to hit up. So I just feel like that's not rare, Like I feel like most people around Louisville probably don't go. Like That's one of the things that I got from a texter yesterday that really it's kind of what I was insinuating during the conversation was that I just, you know, growing up here having Derby like without being there and experiencing it because now I get to do that with work. I just, you know, I kind of took for granted that we had such a big, big event here. I mean I knew it, but it's just, you know, something you just don't really appreciate until you see that. There are people from across the world that come here for this and they love it. But a lot of people like myself growing up, didn't go to Derby every year because that's just not realistic unless you know, you're really into it, you have a family member that's like a you know, I don't know. Maybe nowadays, when I think about how realistic it be for everybody to go, for people to go to Derby every year, I just think how much that costs. So a lot of people who haven't gone to Derby maybe ever, I'm sure they've got many different Derby parties that they know of or they can attend. So regardless if you're going to the track or not, I imagine, you know, the perfect scenario for your Derby party would be to be outside and enjoying, you know, good weather in May while everybody's betting on the races and all kinds of different games, and you know, the Derby parties I go to, I mean you can and nowadays you can just get out your phone and bet on an app. But also like they've got each race, you can draw one and you can you know, there's all kinds of creative ways to do it and it's a lot of fun. In fact, the Derby party I've gone to probably more than any in the last twenty years, they auction off. They actually have an auctioneer auction off, like you bid on which horse you want, and I mean a lot of money exchange on that day. Yeah, it's awesome. So again, like I just kind of take that stuff for granted, but it's awesome. And and I bring it all up to say that it's not just those that are probably worried about the weather based off of those attending the Derby, but like, if you want to enjoy Derby Day regardless if you're at Churchill Downs or anywhere else, like we need good weather and it doesn't look good right now, so it's a bummer, all right. So again, this is our first Derby profile of the day, in fact of the week, to be honest with you, and Jody does this every year, does a great job giving us a brief rundown of each of the horses in the field. This is Admire Daytona and I'm about to play it right here from a studio computer and it's given me a weird look and file type. So I think we're good. But you know what, I'm gonna find out as soon as I try to play it, because it did some kind of weird like conversion thing, and here we go. It looks like it looks like it's going to work. So here is your Derby profile for Admired Daytonah, courtesy of the one and only Jody Dimpling.
Speaker 1: Now look at the Kentucky Derby Field one by one, ad Admire Daytona.
Speaker 2: You ae Derby winner.
Speaker 3: Admire Daytona is one of two Japanese bred horses in this year's Kentucky Derby field. The son of former Breeders' Cup Sprint winner and Eclipse Award winning Drayfong is likely the longer odds of the two horses coming from Japan, but that's not saying and Mayor Daytona doesn't have a chance to win the Roses. Owned by Djunko Kondo, trained by Yukiro Kato, they'll be making their first appearances in the Kentucky Derby. Admyre Daytona will be ridden by Christophe Lemaire. He's making his third trip to the Kentucky Derby. He finished sixth in twenty twenty three aboard Derma Sodogatky. Admired Daytona broke his maiden in his fourth career start in Japan, and in his fifth race, the Heistan Stakes, he ran into the other Japanese horse making the trip to the Derby Luxor Cafe on that day. Admired Daytona ran a disappointing fourth place finish, but he was shipped to Dubai for the UAE Derby. In the UAE Derby, it was a stellar stretch drive between three horses. Admire Daytona on the inside, took the lead in the latter portion of the race and then held on for a nose victory over Heart of Honor. Jacquie Christophe Lamarre says, Heart of Honor a very genuine horse with a chance to win the Roses.
Speaker 5: My horse has a good form. He was beaten by a very good horse in Japan and Admaya Deetona is a nice horse, very genuine. He's got some potential. I trust the staff for sure. They did a great job to bring him at his best.
Speaker 3: Since twenty nineteen six Japanese bred horses have run in the Kentucky Derby the best finish at third place last year by Forever Young admire Daytona. The UAE Derby winner hopes to be the first Japanese lease bred horse to win the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 4: Yeshm