Speaker 1: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: This peace Clippers talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to playoff.
Speaker 3: Basketball Clippers news happens. Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and.
Speaker 2: Now here he is the host of your LA Clippers free and post.
Speaker 3: Game at follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 1: The Clippers knock them down from three in Game three and win by thirty four over the Denver Nuggets. Final score one seventeen eighty three in their first ever playoff game. Hear and into a dome. That's how you open up the postseason here in your first ever home Clipper Nation. I want to start things off by saying this. We'll get your phone calls. Eight sixty six, ninety seven, two five seventy, of course, but everybody in the arena, you guys made the difference tonight. This Clippers team got blitzed early. They were down by seven. Denver was not missing. They went eight of nine. It looked like, uh oh, are they stepping up? Are they trying to quiet the crowd? Hear it into a dome. They couldn't do it. And this Clippers crowd and Clipper Nation experience that we just had hear it into a dome was special. You guys fueled this truly. I thought the Clippers were in deep trouble. Aaron Gordon was hitting everything to start. He had eleven points in the first quarter, first points to the ballgame. He finished with just fifteen. The crowd was never taken out of it. Even when the Clippers were up by as many as thirty four their final score they won by thirty four. It just felt like the wall, the swell, the atmosphere, the environment. It was to perfection. A plan coming together that had been in the works for years. Was Steve Balmer, Gillian Zucker, this Clippers organization, to give them a home court advantage, to give fans the best experience in sports, to make sure Clipper Nation was heard. You were heard, and you affected the ballgame. You guys were the difference tonight. Clippers came out, Yes, they started to hit shots, but it was the crowd underneath them. You provided that jet fuel. Because Denver came out out scorching hot and focused. Klibernation wasn't going anywhere, neither was this ball club. By the end of the first quarter, they flipped things around after being down by seven. The Clippers were up by seven at thirty five to twenty eight. They went on a ten to oher run to end that first quarter. They went plus eleven with Ben Simmons out there on the floor against Nikola Jokicic. There are some people that would look at the box score after Game one and be like, what did Ben Simmons do? He didn't do anything. He didn't affect this game at all. What do you mean You can look at tonight's box score. What do you mean, Adam? He played nine minutes? Like, what could you have really done out there? He went, oh, two, three boards, a steal, a block. How could he be that impactful? Well, you pick up Jokics full court, you hound him, you make him work for everything, and you flip a ball game early on when the Denver Nuggets had all the momentum. Plus eleven is what Ben Simmons went on the court in that first quarter before Zooke came back in to start the second and because of coach lose brilliance, it got zoom minutes where Yokic wasn't out there on the floor, and the Clippers opened things up in the second quarter to leading by as many as twenty and that was it. Once they got up by ten, it stayed above ten. This team showed a ton of poise and just a resilient nature while leading through out most of the ball game. Denver made a couple of runs, but it never felt like the lead was in doubt. The Clippers were that dominant on both ends, and I'm talking about pinpoint precision with their execution in this ball game on both ends. When they started a heat up from three, going nine to thirteen from three in the first quarter, it just looked like they were taking whatever was available. Defensively, whoever Denver left opened, they were finding. They weren't forcing anything. And then when you're hitting shots like that and at the half you're still twelve of twenty two from three to fifty one percent from the floor. When you're hitting shots at a eight like that and taking care of the basketball just four turnovers in the first half, well, you can set your defense on the other end, and we know how good they are when they can set their defense. The Nuggets had three fast break points in the game. They all came in the first quarter. That's it. Clippers showed more heart, more hustled. They outrebounded them by ten by four. When it came to offensive rebounds. This was as well played a ball game. It was the best executed game I've seen from the Clippers all season long. They were that good on both ends of the floor. They hold it teamed to eighty three points, the fourth best offense in the regular season to eighty three points. Suffocating defense. Jokic got off fourteen total shots after just sixteen last game. That's impossible, but the Clippers come at you in waves, these delayed doubles and triple teams at times that they mixed up with coverages. It's got Jokic off balance. It does. I'm still waiting. I think that forty point game is still coming. He's that good. But the Clippers have been as good as anyone defending him that I've seen over the last five years. It starts with the Vitza Zubats, because he's good enough. One on one, he caused a travel by Jokic. They finally called it, and you have the best player in the world looking a little bit fatigued and maybe even rattled out there. Just utter domination by this Clippers team. The Big four were set loose. Norman Pale looks to be back. The fourth quarter he had in Game two. That stuff is meaningful. It translated into this ball game. He finished with twenty points in twenty eight minutes. His defense was better too. He had a play where he just locked up Christian Brown, who got a couple of easy ones early on. He had four points in the first quarter, cutting to the basket the way he likes to. And then the Clippers just shut the water off. I mean they gave up. Let's see, they gave up twenty eight points in the first quarter. So the last three quarters they gave up fifty five total points. What was this the two thousand and four Detroit Pistons Ben Wallace out there, that was the original fear of the fro unheard of. Just fifty five points the final three quarters by this Clippers team given up to a Denver team that had a top five offense and has Nikola Joki whenever he's on the floor. I got the best offense in the league. He looked tired. Coach lou so far has played this beautifully. He didn't tire out his guys in Game one. I was worried about them losing that game the way they did and not playing guys heavy minutes. But it's had that compounding effect where over the length of the series the Denver Nuggets have been playing their guys more and coach lou has been playing his guys less. Now they look very tired and their bench. They're in trouble right now. Because we knew Michael Porter Junior was banged up heading into this one. He tried to get it out. Played thirty five minutes two of nine, though just seven points. Six boards went to the locker room at the end of this game. Russell Westbrook went out with a foot injury in this game, and russ has been good the first two games. He played just eight minutes, one of five airborne to three. The wall let him hear it. He was one of five and they were all threes. They only got four points off the bench. Peyton Watson had two, Zeke Najee had a point at the charity stripe and by the way, the wall in the first half when Denver was shooting on that side they went four of eight. Seemed to be effective. I think it's gonna survive. Coach David Adelman. I don't think the NBA is doing anything with it. I think what's going to happen is they're going to be trend setters and trailblazers and future arenas will see how cool this is and they're gonna say, hey, we want a wall too. The revolutionizing arenas with what they did here, this ingenuity from Steve Balmer, Gillian Zucker, there's nothing else like it, and teams are realizing this. This was only game one in the postseason. But you can't tell me the crowd, the wall, this atmosphere didn't have an effect on this game. It did. It wasn't just different, it was effective. Everybody did their job. I know Bogie got a bucket late and inconsequential time, I'm hoping that gets him going. They left him out there just to get that shot. He got it went one of three. He's been in a deep funk. He is far too amped. I think out there on back to back or one sequence. He had an offensive foul on one end and then got fouled and took a tough fall against Julian Strather trying to guard him coming around a screen. But everybody else pointed in the right direction, and I got a lot of faith in bodn Bodanovich. He has played in some really big games. He has performed in some really big games. You almost beat Team USA last summer. He and Yokish together. So yeah, from the windows to the wall, everything worked. Just a dream opening playoff game here and into it. Don't perfection Chef's kiss beautiful Inclipernation. You did it. You were able to affect the game. There's a real home court advantage. Now. Now you got to bring it again on Saturday for game four. Stay on them, do it all over again. But yeah, I've no doubt you will. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls. Eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy. Eight sixty six ninety eighty seven two five seventy is the number I'm out of Moslin. After the Clippers went by thirty four here in Game three with the final score one seventeen to eighty three for the Denver Nuggets. You're listening to Clippers talk here on an FI seventy ls.
Speaker 2: Sports Ford employs the most American auto workers in the US. They also assemble the most vehicles in the US. Ford's commitment to America is not a coincidence but a proud choice, and Ford is showing everyone that commitment is more important than ever.
Speaker 3: Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing on all.
Speaker 2: Four You pay what Ford employees pay.
Speaker 3: Now is the time to get into that Ford.
Speaker 2: You've deeniyhing take advantage of employee pricing while you can Ford from America for America. The LA Clippers and the Denver Nuggets. This is Round one playoff action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Clippers win one seventeen to eighty three over the Denver Nuggets here and into a dome in the first ever postseason event here Clippernation, Welcome home. The dome is home and it's one oh in playoff basketball. Clippers dominated by thirty four. Just a sound victory, a sound beating of the Denver Nuggets in this game in all facets. But to me, the biggest thing about this win is it happened here in the Clippers' own home. Finally they have their own home, and it worked in postseason game number one here at into it Home. Everything that was designed here was about bringing a home court advantage for big games like this. It's worked all season. Don't get me wrong. They went thirty to eleven here, and that was after losing their first four games. But tonight a true test. Would it translates to the postseason. Would teams get rattled intimidated? Didn't look like it at first with Denver, but after a quick start, they cooled af off quickly. Clippers held him to fifty five points the final three quarters. They were so in tune, they were so connected on both ends of the floor. The execution was at its apex tonight. Offense defense. I could not believe the way the Clippers were dissecting them and finding the right player every single possession, over and over again. No agendas, nobody looking for theirs, nobody trying to take over the game or do it by themselves. It was a complete team victory. Six players in double figures, and four of the five starters had nineteen or more, including Norman Powell, who looks to be back. He had twenty in the ballgame. Let's go too. We can start things off with Jene from North Carolina. Jane, you're on Clippers, stop with out of Maazen? What's up? Gene?
Speaker 4: It was going on? Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I hear a Geen?
Speaker 4: Hey, man, I'm surprised I'm first on this on this call, Hey, I would say, like, you know, they call you the energize of Bunny, you know, double E. I'm gonna call you triple A because you know you are the Adam augln and you are awesome for what you do.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. Man. It's good to be a part of this. It's easy. It's easy. It's easy. Like pell ask me, why do you keep doing this show all the time. It's two hundred and two straight days. There have been times where late at night, I'm like, I don't know if I want to do a show tomorrow. I'm tired. This is gonna end the streak. I'm gonna stop doing it. And then I wake up and I'm energized, and I start to think about this Clippers team and how just great this season has been, how exciting it's been, the possibilities moving forward and clippernation. People are texting me, tweeting me, I don't want to let you guys down, like I love to hear from you. Once I figured out I could take calls on off days, I was like, Oh, the streak is never stopping now, Okay, not never stopping, but until this Clipper season is over, whatever that may be, I'm not stopping. I can't stop. So I appreciate the love. But really, just like what we saw tonight with this crowd fueling the Clipper squad, it is the same thing to me all the time, Like I just feel like Clipernation. They're so on fire for this team. It just gets me excited.
Speaker 4: Rea and Big Gray, Well, we longtime Clipper fans, even some of the newest, We need this energy from you because the thing about it is is like a lot of people have the same energy you have, but they don't have a venue leon what I'm saying to basically express it. And I and I think it's great that you put this out there because I think it'll aspire a lot of other Clipper fans to actually speak up and you know, do what they do. Because we have been faithful for a long time. We don't go to other you know, with this team hot We're gonna go to this team, you know, because we know a lot that happens a lot. We stayed with our team. We've been there for years and I came in early two thousand and one. I'm in Podcasski, but I'm not gonna talk about that, but I'm just gonna say kudos for what you do. And then I want to talk about the game a little bit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all right, Gene, tell me what you saw of the game. I appreciate it, of course, and it's good talking to a long time Clipper fan that's got a great phone as well and a great voice. So, Geane, what do you want to say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to talk about thanks stakes for the you know, for the compliment, but I want to say that one thing that I realized this game that a lot of people, I don't think a lot of people were really recognized, is that one thing that has been hurting us is we've been getting beat up on the boards. And so like Kawhi, he would do whatever he needs to do, and so he took a step back in this game. And maybe he didn't do what he did the last game, but what he did was he made sure that he hit them boards because see a lot of our players are not doing that, and Kawhi was like, I'm gonna hit these boys. But he did double duty because you know, he has to score, he has to play defense, and so he was on the boards because that's what we was getting killed on the boards. So Kawhi made it a point that made sure that he was gonna be like, Oh, I'm gonna hit these boys and make sure we get these rebounds because we're not getting killed in these boys again. We gotta take away, we gotta take away these these these ridiculous uh turnovers. But we got to hit the bulls. And Kawhi was like, that's gotta that's gotta stop.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with the gene. That was a huge keych to this game, and I appreciate the phone call and Kawhi led them in that area. He said enough when it comes to them beating us up on the boards, he had eleven. The reason Zubos didn't get to his typical double double, the reason that streak is over is because of Kawhi because he was so aggressive getting rebounds, and the Clippers out rebounded them by ten in this ball game, by four. When it came to offensive rebounds, Zu did have five of those. Kawhi had two, though, so there's different ways to impact a game. No, he didn't go fifteen of nineteen. He was seven of seventeen, but having eleven boards and only being second to Jokis with thirteen. Kawhi knew if we shore up this area, if you know, we plugged this hole, this leak on the ship, then we can become that much better. We can start to eliminate some of these weaknesses we've had. You become a more complete team, a more balanced team, and you find other ways to win. And that's what it's all about, because you're not always gonna have your shot. Kawhi is seven to seventeen. I thought he got a kind of a rough whistle at times in this game. Two of his fadeaways on the right baseline over Christian Brown, he was He was on the officials a little bit wanting those to be and ones. He eventually did get a big and one. It kind of was one of the bigger buckets to make sure. The Clippers slammed the door, boarded it up and turn it into a wall, so Denver had no chance to come back on this one. But Kawhi is a complete player. He is a two way superstar. He does the little things. That's what makes him so special. It's not just that he can get you in a fish at thirty, is that he can do it while doing role player like stuff. That's the difference with Kawhi. He's exceptional in that way. He's very unique in that way, and he's very selfless every once in a while to a fault. Maybe when he first came back, I felt like he should be more aggressive, and we said in game one he should be more aggressive, but he turned it around. Kawhi was excellent in this ballgame. Probably their best player out there tonight, but there's a lot of guys to choose from. James Harden had all twenty of his points in the first half. And the one thing I loved about James Harden the first half was half of his ten shots were threes. He went three or five, so his other two makes were going downhill going to the basket, and he got found multiple times. He went five or six from the charity stripe. So even though the Clippers, you know, they they were taking a ton of threes rightfully, so they were making them. They started nine to thirteen from the outside after I think Denver was three of three to start the game from three. But they cooled off quickly. But the Clippers, I was concerned about what happens when the threes aren't falling what are you falling back on? How do you then get back into just executing and going through your actions and running your system, running your offense. And James Harden was making sure to steal, get downhill and get points in the paint, because the Clippers at the half, while taking twenty two to three pointers and hitting twelve of them, still were tied in points in the paint with Denver at twenty. That I thought was a huge deal. They won points on the paint by the end of this game forty two to thirty eight, even while hitting eighteen three pointers, so you still had enough balance there. They didn't just put them up from the outside. And by the way, the reason they were doing it is because typically if the Clipper, if the Clippers are knocking them down from three, it's a sign that their ball movement is really good and they're finding the open man. They're not gonna force them, they're gonna take the right type of threes. Well, they ended up taking almost forty in this game, which is about six more than they typically attempt. That tells you that the ball movement was great and the Clippers offense was finally tuned. When they're putting up a lot of threes. Typically that means the Clippers, Yeah, everybody's touching the basketball and they're finding the open man, and they were. You look at the end of the game, how many guys ended up hitting three pointers for them, norm with three, Kawhi with three, Done with two, James Harden with three, Niko Batoum with four, Derek Jones Junior with two, Patty Mills at the end knock one down. It's a really good sign for this team when that Typically when they are taking more threes. But James Harden ended up with nine assists to one turnover, didn't score a point in the second half, still affected the game. Awesome to see. Let's go to ELT's do be good here. We got eight six six, ninety seven two five seventy Lenny and Englewood. Lenny, give me like thirty forty five seconds. I gotta make sure he gets everybody all right.
Speaker 5: Listen, we should easily be up three to l Man. There hasn't been one game I wasn't worried about this game the night I felt that because here's the deal. We come into the gym already putting a plose to ninety on the board, Nuggets don't have enough offense to stay with us. Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, I heard has only had one hundred and five though, I mean then yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: But here's here's the thing about Kawhi that I love. If Kawhi would have came out and tried to go for thirty, to me, he's Carmelo Anthony. But that's not Kawhi. Kawhi does he knows that from that last game what's been happening where like you said, we've been been getting beat up on the boards. We didn't need that. We're coming back home. Our role players are going to play better, which they did. Norman Powell stepped up like we said he was Jones and then Nico coming off the bench. You know, role players always played better at home. That's the math. You can't beat the math. The math is math. That's where it always happened. So we're gonna get this next game and uh Nika Jokic those minutes, it's you know, the playoffs is a game, and so you're right, we don't need Simmons to come in there and play lockdown defense for taxing. We just need him to bother him, make it hard for him for three four minutes at a time. That's it. It's the game. The playoffs are game of inches, man. So you're right, we're moving forward here, and you got to if you look at it, Bro, I don't see how anybody can't say that we're not the second best team in the West. We dem there have four NBA All Stars and one and playoff NBA MVP. So anybody who's on these chats saying anything otherwise, just stay off the chats, man, because you don't believe. And there's why waste time messing with y'all, because this is real and they're very impressive, man, and I'm just I'm just very proud of what they're doing. So keep it up at him.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I agree when they're rolling like this, when they're humming, when they're on all cylinders, it's like they got four All Stars out there between James Zuo Kawhi and Noran Powell, and four guys that are so different in what they can do and how they star in their roles. Not necessarily as role players, but they are still playing roles. They have different ways they affect the game that compliment one another. Out there, Ryan Seman was talking to coach Lou about this pregame, like, you've had maybe more talented teams in the past, but now you have a team where guys one through twelve, everybody knows their lane, knows their role and what is required of them that night. Instead of having somebody that you know, maybe wants to score, maybe wants to pass, maybe wants to be more of a role player take a back seat. Yeah, I am talking about Paul George a little bit, and he's an all time great Clipper. There were CP three was in the house. He's an all time great Clipper to me. Pat Bev is a legend here, but Paul George was a moving target with his role. At times you didn't know what you were gonna get night to night. Norn Pall has more of a scoring appetite than Paul George. It's true, he's looking to get buckets. Now they're different players. Paul George does offer more, but it starts with being an attack mode and looking for your offense when you're a star. I just think the way this Clippers team has been built and has been constructed, the pieces fit much better. Not that last year's team couldn't have made a run. They could have if they were healthy, of course. But this team makes a lot of sense in different ways, and you're seeing it out there right now. We'll take a quick time out. We'll come back. Clippers win one seventeen to eighty three over the Denver Nuggets. I'm at a Muslim and you're listening to Clippers talking here on the emphire.
Speaker 2: So many sports, the LA Clippers and the Denver Nuggets. This is Round one playoff action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Clippers win one seventeen to eighty three. Great defensively, great on the offensive end, a complete game on both ends of the floor. And that's how you get a thirty four point victory in Game three, after the first two games were decided by a total of one point. The Clippers win this one and leave no doubt, winning by thirty four in their first ever game here it into a dome. Just incredible, the environment, the atmosphere, the noise David Adalman that was put out by Clipper Nation deafening. I didn't check to see if they did the decimal meter like they typically do. I might have missed it at some point. One thirty is the record at a basketball game, but it was loud, loud as I've ever heard it. Here, it into a dome. It was awesome, Just a perfect night for Clipper Nation. Celebrate it, enjoy it. Let's recap this ballgame, because it didn't look great early on. I must say there were some bad signs. Zu got blocked by Michael Porter Junior to start the game, and Aaron Gordon got an in one on the other end. You didn't go up strong at first. I was a little bit concerned, and for whatever reason, they started off the ballgame trying to throw a wrinkle at the Clippers with Michael Porter Junior on eacht Zubots and with Jokic on Kawhi. Maybe it worked for a second. They did it for two or three possessions, and then they went back to their usual covers on defense at Denver Nuggets. I don't know if anyone asked David Adelman about that. Maybe we'll do some Clipper stock after dark once they get back to Burbank after the game. But let's just say Denver led seventeen to eleven after an Aaron Gordon three in the first quarter. He was hot, he had eleven points, and I was getting worried. I was thinking about the twenty five he had in Game one, and Aaron Gordon, noticeably by the end of this game looked exhausted. More on that coming up, but there was this back and forth three point shooting going on where Ag hits that three point to put him up by six. Chris Dunn hits a three pointer off a nice pass from Norm pal At seventeen to fourteen. Ag another three. They're up by six again, He's already at his eleven points. We're four minutes in to the first quarter. Harden misses a corner three. It was wide open timeout. Clippers. They're down twenty to fourteen, and Denver is eight of nine from the field. Clippers get a stop, though, and Kawhi Leonard got in transition and had a beautiful move on Nikola Jokic to go around him for a scoop layup. Jamal Murray misses a three with the Visa Zubos on him. Done three pointer that spins out. Can't get it. It's still twenty sixteen. Denver zoo blocks then Aaron Gordon there's a foul cold and some people didn't like this challenge by coach Lou but I think this was an early turning point. He challenged it. They said it was marginal contact and the Visa Zubas got a ton of ball. He got him slightly with the body, but they won the challenge. Now it ended up being Denver's ball because Gordon at the end of the play came down with it imminent possession. But they ended up having a backcourt violation afterwards, as Jamal Murray dribbled the basketball off his foot, crit the wall. You guys were very loud. Now Ben Simmons comes in for Big Zoo. Here we go. Russ came in for Michael Porter Junior. Norm starts this runoff missing a three pointer. Jokics to Brown for a dunk after a double comes at Jokic and I thought, uh oh, is the Ben Simmons lineup not gonna work this time? Now here we go. It's twenty two sixteen, and now Norm hits a three pointer. Here comes Storm and Norman Powell. It was important the fact that he ended up in the first quarter with eight points. So his last quarter of game two he has seven. First quarter of game three he has eight. Norm's back, He's engaged, he looks good, He's pumping up the crowd, but still there's a Christian Brown back door cut and one twenty four to nineteen. He would miss the free throw against the wall. Now it's DJ batoom, Hardened Simmons and Norm Jokics is still out there. The beatsa Zubos has been off the floor. There was some miscommunication on a bad turnover on the far sideline, but then an offensive foul on Russ on the other end. Who generated it, Ben Simmons. It's still twenty four to nineteen. DJ missed an easy floater. He has missed a couple of those I've noticed in this series. Murray's alone for a Jokic pass and gets an easy layup. Six point game. Nope, that was the seven point lead they had. It was twenty six to nineteen. Harden hits a three pointer. Here we go twenty six, twenty two turnover. Christian Brown looking for Jokic cutting underneath on a back door cut. He thought he was fouled, didn't get the call. Harden hits another three pointer. Here we go, twenty six to twenty five, one point game. Jokis layup out of a timeout. Twenty eight to twenty five Denver. Norm free throws brings it back to one. Clippers get a stop hard and foul, but a side out. Now James gets a layup and I love seeing this him going left for a layup. Clippers are up twenty nine to twenty eight, their first lead of the ball game. I believe russ Miss is a three on the left wing. Harden another three, this one over picket. He's got thirteen points in the first quarter and the Clippers are on a seven to oher run. It's thirty two to twenty eight Clippers. Russ Miss is another three, but Toomb three on the right wing. Oh, these Niko Buttoomb get plays in this ballgame special. Clippers lead thirty five to twenty eight after the first quarter. They ended on a ten to ozer run. They went plus eleven in the Ben Simmons minutes with Jokic out there on the floor. They were nine of thirteen from three. Nine of their eleven makes in the first quarter were from three, and they went from down seven to up seven quickly. It's thirty five twenty eight hitting into the second Now it's tom bogy kawhi dj zoo. Thank you, Ben Simmons, You more than did your job. Zuo's coming back in and he's got minutes now or Jokic isn't out there on the floor. He quickly gets a tip in after missing his initial tip in on a miss from three from Kawhi Leonard. Now Kawhi Overpiket throws a pass to a Viata Zubats, who, excuse me, had picket on him for a lefty hook. So I Viata Zubats has the first four points of the second quarter, and Kahi was looking for him. Oh, you got the mismatch, We're going to you. That's what was like all night. Who's got the advantage, who's open, who's got the advantage. We're not messing around. We're getting to our offense quickly. Now we get a Nico Batoomb block on Aaron Gordon who had an easy layup and incomes, but Toombo block. Tomb was there. That I think was a huge tone setter, because everything was coming easy early on for Aaron Gordon, not now dj left wing three pointer. We went from Denver was up twenty eight to twenty five in the first quarter to a seventeen to zero run by the Clippers, where now they're up forty two to twenty eight. In the second quarter, Denver went almost seven minutes without a field goal. Clippers aren't done though here. Well. They would get to the free throw line Denver for a couple now, but Toom hits a three off a nice bogie pass. Clippers are up by fifteen. Nico came in and made a huge impact right away. He got a three pointer to go that hit off the front of the rim and got the friendly shooter's bounce where it had enough rotation to drop and fall in. Incredible this Clippers team, even though it got down to a ten point lead after a Russ made three, he was one of five from the outside. And I'm going they should be up by more right now. Why is it only fifty to forty? Are they relying too much on the three ball? Is this hot shooting gonna hold up well? Out of the timeout, Kawhi and Zoo run a pick and roll. It took him two tries, but eventually Kawhi found him and he had some really nice passes in this one, by the way, and they got the bucket out of the timeout to go back up by twelve. Jokic misses a three, Kawhi missed a baseline jumper. Ag misses a three pointer offensive rebound Brown, another miss three goes to Gordon, Russ misses a three. Then after that they had multiple possessions, they had opportunities to knock one down and that was the lone blemish, I would say in the rebounding battle, that one possession where they had I think three shots the Denver Nuggets in the first half. Now is Batoom, Kawhi done, Harden Zoo been one? See more of this lineup. Harden gets a layup. Remember he's not just settling for three pointers. That was key in him getting to his twenty points in the first half. Niko Batum gets another block. He's everywhere guys. Harden then gets fouled on the three from Michael Porter Junior on the right wing fifty four to forty. Pale comes back in for Batum at the four oh seven mark. Harden did miss the last free throw of those three that he got to. Russ airballs a corner three in the far side, and now Kawhi has a turnaround jumper on the right baseline on Christian Brown to put him up by eighteen. It was their largest lead at that point. Kawhi wasn't happy also, he thought there was contact. Jokic got fouled, went up against the wall and the horses that were there, and went one of two to make it fifty eight to forty one. Norm then has a beautiful on a pass to of Easta Zubots rolling to the basket for a big dunk after Zoom missed a bunny where he didn't know how wide open he was because of this great lob pass to the interior over the defense from James Harden like there were blitzing James, and he threw a perfect pass to of Easta Zubots. He was so wide open. I don't think he realized it and he missed a bunny, but Norm would find him two possessions later and get him a huge dunk. Clippers are back up by seventeen. Clippers end up being up at the half by eighteen. I was concerned because I thought, not necessarily by them being up eighteen and a half, but there were moments where it was just a ten point lead in that second quarter, and I thought, I have the Clippers done enough? Have they done enough to put away this Denver Nuggets team. But Kawhi had a beautiful pass before the the end of the first half as well to dj as a double team came and he dunked it basically to end the first half. It was sixty five to forty seven. We'll recap the second half after this time out. Clippers win one, seventeen to eighty three over the Denver Nuggets. Hear it into a Dome first ever postseason game here. We'll get back to your phone calls as well. I'm out of Maslin and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers audio network.
Speaker 2: The LA Clippers and the Denver Nuggets. This is Round one playoff action on the LA Clippers audio Network.
Speaker 1: Seed to eighty three in Game three. Hear it into a Dome first ever game here and they win by thirty four. Complete domination went through the first half. Second half recap, Clippers led by eighteen. It was sixty five to forty seven heading into the third and Aaron Gordon missed a layup to start the third and I thought to myself, Oh, Niko Batoum is still out there. Actually he's seeing ghosts because he had his shot blocked so badly in the first half. Kawhi goes to the line. Now the Clippers are up by twenty, they would stay up by twenty for some time. They would end the third quarter being up by twenty as well. But Jokic some of the memorable plays in that third quarter. He actually got called for a travel, the same travel he wasn't getting called for the first two games. He tried to go one on one against the beast of Zubots, and I think it led to him doing a little bit too much feat shuffling out there. Zu gets a floater right away on the other end. Now the Clippers are up by twenty two. In the third quarter, there was a great play from Norman Powell that caused Christian Brown to miss badly on a fallaway, and then Norm hit a three on the other end to put him up by twenty one when Denver was trying to make a run. Time out Denver after that Zoo will put him up by twenty four when he got one off the left window. The Clippers were really starting to open things up. When Norm got that and one as he split two defenders to put him up by twenty five, I said, I think we're gonna be okay tonight, guys. But to end the third quarter to really have the Clippers in a good spot where they could have just been a seventeen point game Nico, but toom huge three pointer and then the steal on Peyton Watson on the other end, and the Clippers are up ninety to seventy after three. Star of the fourth was brutal fouls being called on both sides, offensive fouls. Kawhi did have a great fee to DJ again for a nice dunk, but the moment you felt where, Okay, the Clippers have some distance here. It's not gonna be Denver's night. It's not happening. Even with the Clippers missing free throws, they were all, we'll have a thirteen from the charity stripe before the fourth quarter, and the wall got to him. It happens once in a while. Kawhi made a really aggressive move after his an eighteen point game with Yoki change some free throws on the other end and drew a tough foul on Jokic, and it just seemed like Kawhi's will was there. He wasn't gonna let this happen. He was gonna do it the hard way. He wasn't gonna settle for a jumper. It was when Jokic thought he knew what the play was on the other end, and Kawhi just went right at him on the left base line. Then he finally was able to hit some free throws the Clippers were able to. Jokic also was doing some stuff where he was trying to give them a possible challenge on an out of bounds play and was tying his shoe and James Harden came up to him and said he was he was trying to tie his shoes for him because Jokic was taking so long to delay it so they could have a look at it to see if they could have an opportunity or to challenge it. But Zoo had a beautiful step through as they found him with Christian Brown on him for a pushot to make it ninety eight to seventy six, and then Harden found Zoo again for an easy donk one hundred and seventy eight. They were blitzing. They have no answer for the pick and roll guys, they have nothing. They have nothing for it. They try to mix up coverages. Clippers were dissecting everything tonight. The DJ three made it one o six to eighty two. It was game over. Bogee finally got his bucket at the end of this game. That was good to see. Let's go to Mike in La. Mike quickly here thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: Alrighty Adam, First, thanks for continuing to do this. Two hundred and whatever it was days in a row? Was it two o two?
Speaker 1: Two hundred in a row? Straight days of Clippers stock for you.
Speaker 6: That's awesome, man, Thank you, uh, thank you.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't happen without you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 6: I just want to follow up on the last thing you said. I think it really was great to see Bogie get that, you know, one shot, even in garbage time at the end. Just hopefully that you know, gets him going, because if you know, we can get him going, quit keeping everything else as it is, and to watch out.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. If they get Bogey going, nobody's gonna want to see this team. But the Clippers have work to be done. And I appreciate the phone call. Mike, your regular so I wanted to close things out with you. I'm sorry I can get to all your guys' phone calls. I feel terrible. I will do some Clippers talk after dark when I get back to Burbank in about forty minutes here remember that at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side for that before we get out of here. I do one think the Clippers organization, Ralph La Labran Seeman know what Igo, Carla Jimenez on the call, Daniel West back in Burbank, and Big Brother Jake Warner mister three thousand hits because every broadcast with him has been a hit, and tonight he hit three thousand broadcasts in his illustrious career, Big Bro, it couldn't have been a better night here at into its Home for you to reach three thousand. My friend, I'm Adam Oslin. We'll talk to you guys with Clippers Talk after dark and about forty five minutes at Clippers Talk on the YouTube. Clippers won one seventeen eighty three, talk to you on Saturday.
Speaker 2: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single playoff edition all postseason.
Speaker 3: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 2: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 1: Clippers Talk maybe AM five seventy LA
Speaker 2: Sports KLAC, KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio Station