Speaker 1: Seven oh five. Look you by kr CD talk station. Brian Thomas, A big smile on my face. Why it's Friday. That's reason enough. But I also have Nathaniel Sizemorigan Studio. He has an impressive resume, young man. He is. He's an award winning novelist, attorney, entrepreneur, graduated from Vanderbilt Law School, which I won't hold against him. Serves an associate editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review. Impressive, that is. I must underscore that after practicing a large firm of Washington, DC Metropolitan, he returned to Cincinnati to work for his family's business. He has written a couple of books. Debut thriller entitled Deadly Division actually won writing awards and was named as a finalists for the Hawthorne Prize. Second thriller, the Cohort number one new release Legal Thriller on Amazon. And congratulations to both of those. We're here to talk about those books and get a little insight about Nathanael's background. Welcome in studio, Nathaniel. It's a real pleasure having you here, Brian. Pleasure to be here, and thank you to Bob Katyre, who as the reason that I even know Nathaniel. We're mutual friends with Bob as a retired colonel, and I've had Bob on the program multiple times talking about the active shooter situations. He does classes on that. He also does, you know, wound care classes, and if you're out there in your business or your church group, your community group is interested in that kind of thing, just find Bob Katyre. Nathaniel, obviously, are you a recovering lawyer since you find yourself working in a family business and you're an author now as well, do you still practice law at all on any level?
Speaker 2: I am the corporate counsel for the family business. Okay, so I couldn't get out of it. I had to stay in it. But I wear a business hat some days too.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on that. At least you're sticking it out. Your dad's in studio too. He's a lawyer as well. Never did practice law, though he never did, maintains his law. Agree in regardless what prompted you to write. I know, I have a lot of listeners here who are writers, and I think it's really cool in these modern times that it's I think easier to get something published because you can do it on your own as opposed to submitting your work to multiple different publishers and wait around for that probably rejection letter, because that's kind of what I get the impression most happens, happens to most people. But what inspired you to write? And did you self publish or did you work through a publisher? How to work? The story's cool?
Speaker 2: I enjoy the storylines of the books, but the story of how I stumbled into this is really hopefully inspirational to those. Well, that's why I ask considering a critic side hustle. So we were on vacation in Kea Island, South Carolina. It was twenty ten. I was going into my third year of law school and I couldn't sleep. I had an idea. So I pulled out my laptop up and I pounded out ten pages of aimless drivel. It was nonsense, but it was a start stream of consciousness. Stream of consciousness. But I had this idea and I just couldn't put it to bed. So I wrote a storyboard and wrote about fifteen or twenty percent of it, and then life happens. I had third year of law school, I was dating a gow who's now my wife, and start a job, take the bar exam all the big things in life. It's sat dormant until a little thing called COVID gave us all some very necessary personal time to do a variety of things. So what I did was I watched the season of Downton Abbey and I started and I started a second one, and I said, you know what, I can do something better with my downtime. So I finished the book and I had a small press publisher friend in Atlanta BDI Publishers, send in the manuscript. He says, I think you have something here, and here we are two books later.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. You know, I'm friends with Peter Bronson, is a brilliant guy and he's an author as well. But he has his own publishing company, Chili Dog Press. Oh wow, so some local authors have worked through Peter Bronson's Chilidog press dot com. By the way, if you're interested in looking for a publisher, Peter's are just a It's a brilliant, wonderful guy. But you know, that's why I asked you the question about inspiration, because you know there are people out there that have the itch, but they need someone like you to demonstrate that, Yeah, it actually can be done and quite successful. You are. What are your books about, Let's start with the debut throw a Deadly Division.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, and I'd be remiss not to mention, you know, all glory to God for the inspiration for these books. In my acknowledgments, I say to God from whom all talents and blessings flow. I feel very strongly that God helped me write these books. I went in ignorant as to the general writing process, and He really helped me on every step of the way. So I glory goes to God for the success of these books. But I think really the folks that like John Grisham, they like Dan Brown, they like those types of novels, are really going to like Deadly Division and kind of inspired by Dan Brown. I start each book with a fact section, and these are well researched books, but they're things that are true that I want the reader to know when they started. And what's really cool, Brian, is that it echoes a lot of what's happening today. One of the most encouraging scary comments that I get is I wonder if this is really happening. Oh yeah, I wonder if this is really happening, And here's what I mean, deadly division. It starts out with a very controversial piece of legislation that was actually in the novel, an extension of the Johnson Amendment from the sixties, which says, if we give tax breaks to churches, we can regulate them. So, taking just a couple steps further, there's this piece of legislation called the Division Act, which says that the government can regulate and in fact restrict certain religious activities. And as a result, a young mother loses a child, and my protagonist David Steman sees an opportunity for fame and fortune and takes on her case. But what he doesn't know is that behind the scenes, there's a deep, sinister organization that will stop at nothing, even murder, to keep the secrets behind the Division Act quiet.
Speaker 1: Now, do you acknowledge and deal with the clause in the First Amendment the free exercise of religion in that particular context?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. I like to research my books. Well, most of it takes place in Washington, d C. And many of the venues in the book I've actually been to personally what I did during my process, and I'd say it's an interesting process. I'm a big movie guy always have been. I actually would play out the scenes in my head, and then I would write what I saw, and I wanted it to be in cool location. So, for example, there's one scene in the West Conference room at the US Supreme Court building. I was sworn in before the US Supreme Court and we were put in that room. So I actually pulled the pictures from that event and tried to draw it as accurately as possible. Oh that's cool, and that's Deadly Division. But of course I couldn't stop there. David Stoneman is pulled back into the fight in the Cohort, and he's lured to a secret island on the Carolina coast by this organization that he fought in book one, and I wanted to add an extra element of danger. So there's a hurricane bearing down on them, and he's being held captive in this high end, super exclusive hotel by this global organization with nefarious intentions, and he's trying to escape. He and all the new characters that I had in book two, So you don't have to read Deadly Division to enjoy the Cohort. I've had people pick up the Cohort first and really enjoyed. Go Back can read deadly divisions, So either are standalones and a really fun, suspenseful ride for those who like legal political thrillers.
Speaker 1: Legal political thrillers based upon real life realities. Boy, I sure hope not. That's that's the thing.
Speaker 2: But I get Facebook messages, I get text messages of real events with people say this sounds a lot like your book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, as host of the morning show here, I have what we used to call conspiracy theorists we are now calling pattern observers, and I'll get these instant messages like did you see this? I'm talking about something completely unrelated, and yet there is a relatable article or link out there in the world by somebody who's purporting to say this is going on. And you know, quite often I raise my eyebrow in the measure of skepticism, because you know, it's like Abraham Lincoln said, if you read it on the Internet, it's true, you know, yeah, you know. And so I just find it so difficult to sift through fiction and fact because of the multitude of sites and outlets and the multi I mean, you know what opinions are like, They're like sphincters we've all got one, and somebody's spewing some sort of nonsensical garbage all the time, which someone will grab a hold of and purport to be fact, like it's Donald Trump's fault that the helicopter flew into an airplane. Now where did this someone come up with that? Well, it's out there right now, you can see a real time. So that's the problem, the problematic thing, but which makes your type of works come across as plausible and real.
Speaker 2: I wrote the types of books that I would want to read, and I'll tell you on my on my wish list is for these to be made into movies or.
Speaker 1: Serious I bet well. And something tells me along the lines of Grisham and others that there probably is going to be a third book involving the same characters. There must be. We'll bring back Nathaniel's Eismore here in a moment, stick around, folks, right back after these words fifty five KRC. Not thinking about radio.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It is your Channel nine first morning weather forecast. It's going to be a cloudy several days, so we'll start out with today. The showers will end around noontime, partly cloudisk, guys, I have fifty nine enjoy It. Overnight low of thirty three with Clowns Claudie again the bar with a high forty four and cloudy overnight going down to thirty four, going up to fifty seven degrees on Sunday and yes, Cloudy's guys right now forty four degrees. Time for Chuck Ingram with an update on traffic.
Speaker 3: Chuck from the UCLP Traffic Center. Expect Mari you See help, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personal ized care, more chances to get you back to being you visit you See Health dot Com. Sep found two seventy five continues to slow onto the Carroll Cropper Bridge from the Lawrence Program thanks to the ongoing roadwork. I'm not seeing any problems at all on He's found two seventy five near col ring Or West at Love One. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc DE talk Station.
Speaker 1: Sevent eighteen. Here at fifty five krc DE talk Station, Brian Thomas here wishing everybody very happy Friday. Remember Tech Friday with Dave had it for just tuning in. Awesome segment with Dave as always did the podcast fifty five KRC dot Com at in studio. Nathaniel Says, a Sizemore attorney, author and quite an author. He is, he's got a couple of books he's written, and an inspiration in terms of those folks out there in the world that are looking to maybe be a writer. You have an idea or a concept for a book, and he just walked through his process a little bit and yeah, it can be done again. I'll mentioned Peter Brownson and chilidogpress dot com if you're looking for a publisher, but you know, using Amazon's I have some listeners who just did it directly through Amazon, had their own self published book. So it's just the world is a different place today than it used to be in terms of being an author. Now we were talking offline and the predicate for your the book that you were talking about earlier, which is deadly division. That that idea that they could pass a law in order to control the narrative about religion and what is how words are spoken in church is kind of frightening reality like we have with the government manipulating Facebook for example, and going in with FBI agents and suppressing messages. I mean that is a dangerous, dangerous concept. But off air you were mentioning a quote from Woodrow Wilson. You should probably read it because it reminded me of a comment or two that Judge Enteredopolitan has made to me several times over the years, which may explain why it is our politicians let us down from time to time. Go ahead and read that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So this is in the fact section of my second book, The Cohort. In his book The New Freedom of Call for the Emancipation of the Generous Energies of a People from nineteen thirteen, President Woodrow Wilson wrote, some of the biggest men in the US are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere, so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlock, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And as soon as you read that kind of got chills up my spine. Again, that's a that's a quote from Woodrow Wilson. And then along came Jay Edgar Hoover, and he vacuumed up all kinds of information. I mean, we have he filmed with our John F. Kennedy having sex with Marilyn Monroe or something. He spied on Martin Luther King Junior. He had the goods on every president and senators and politicians, and he literally threatened them with exposing this. This, of course a different time. Morally speaking. I think most people elected officials, if they've had a fair behind their wives back or something, probably be like, ah, everybody does it, and big deal, so did everybody else, And look at all the presidents who philandered and blah blah blah blah blah. You know, lighting up, Francis, it's your moral value system, not mine, but judgment. Paulitano has sort of suggested, if not directly indirectly, that he fears that many. When you wonder why in the hell it is your elected official voted a certain way in defiance of something they ran on or a policy position that they have out loud claimed to be near and dear their hearts, and they vote something polar opposite. It may be because that type of nefarious actor has the goods on them. Maybe they know their Internet searches what kind of porn they're watching, or that they're actually a homosexual, or whatever. It doesn't matter if you want to hide something and someone's got the goods on you, then you may capitulate to their sort of blackmail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's the concept of is there a deep state organization of puppet masters that really run the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And what's scary real about Deadly Division is that I was able to during COVID extract some of the restrictions that were a result of the coronavirus and add them to this.
Speaker 1: Oh no kidding, I was.
Speaker 2: And the restriction is actually on corporate prayer in the Division Act. It's a restriction on corporate prayer, which is group prayer. Of course, if you can't congregate, then you can't have corporate prayer. And as a result, a young man died with a disease that his twin brother was healed from with the benefit of corporate prayer. So when that religious action was restricted, he passed away. So the question is what's what's a bit scary about this is this is that's.
Speaker 1: What they did during COVID, And it's not new.
Speaker 2: This the concept from then Senator Lyndon Johnson in the sixties said, and it was called the Johnson Amendment.
Speaker 1: You can look it up, give it a Google.
Speaker 2: It was if we give tax breaks to religious institutions, we can regulate them.
Speaker 1: Right with corporate With federal money, come federal regulations. And if you're excused from the obligation, that excusing can also come with strings attached.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's that's what's scary, is when there's an overreach, but not just an overreach, an over reach that appears to come from a member of Congress, but who is the puppet of a deeper, darker global organization. And that's what the Cohort really focuses in on. Is it digs into that global organization.
Speaker 1: Did you have a particular person in mind when you're thinking about the global organization? Because to me, it's always like George sorows He. You know, he represents the ultimate behind the scenes dark force, at least in so far as pushing liberal policy and agenda and globalism. And he's got fat Bank and funds a lot of these non governmental organizations who undermine at least my personal belief systems.
Speaker 2: So I always planned and I get this question all the time, is you know xyz character is that me? It seems a lot like me, And the answer is almost never yes. It's almost never yes. But what I did was I came up with the idea of a character that would fulfill the role. And yeah, I think it is a combination of several personality traits which you can find in the news the.
Speaker 1: Thing Seize More, author of Deadly Division and the Cohort, both of which will be on my blog page fifty five KC dot com, so you can easily get a copy of them, and I encourage you to do it. Help this young writer out and we'll look forward to number three in the presumably series. I expect I fast forward like ten fifteen years. You're gonna have like a row of books involving these characters.
Speaker 2: I tell you what we'd like to do if if we make these into movies. It'd be fun. If you're listeners, we get some of them to be extras. Wouldn't that be fun? If we can shoot this, if we can get this soul Hulu, Netflix, Angel Studios, whoever's listening, Let's make this thing.
Speaker 1: I'll help you with the screenplay. Let's get this thing made into a movie. Lea, just put it on the lead screen. I'll sign up for a part, as long as I have to join the screen actors. Well, make you one of the good guys. Well, that will be kind of you. Seven five Nathaniel, best of luck with your book sales, and thank you for spending time with my listeners and me this morning here on the Morning show. Seven twenty five. Folks. Got some local stories coming up, and remember seven forty with Heart for Seniors. This is a fantastic organization doing the right thing for your loved ones who are in senior living facilities and probably not getting the care that they truly need and deserve. They have a solution for that that's coming up at seven forty.
Speaker 2: I'll be right back fifty five KRC A Minute of Hope,