Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for Agnition with the AAW fanhob podcast team. We just saw Wressel dream over the weekend, and boy do we have a lot to talk about. Adam Cole's babyface turn, all of the champions at AW are now heals, and how are we feeling about the AAW Tag Team division, Plus how aren't the BCC in the elite storylines going to coexist? And finally we're gonna talk about the AAW Ring of Honor women in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated or yeah, Pro Wrestling Illustrated two fifty and talk about maybe who gets a push? Is it gonna be Anna j or what. So let's get started with ignition.
Speaker 2: This is Kelson and this is Alex and yeah, let's stir from the top. We had Adams baby face turned seemingly, we had I'll kind of recount what happened. We had Jack Perry attacked Shabata after the match after his Fluke victory. Then we had Daniel Garcia come out. Then we had the return of MJF who has beef with Daniel Garcia, and then we had the returning Adam Cole saving Daniel Garcia babyface Adam Cole. He made it very clear because he gave Daniel Garcia that fist pump and helped him up at the end. And we also saw him out at the very end coming out to help Dan or Brian Danielson after the last match. So Russell dream was one hundred percent. Adam Cole is a baby face.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah? How do you feeling about that? Alex?
Speaker 2: I get it. MJF is a better heel. I think when you come back from an injury, you know you're gonna be popular with the fans. I think it makes sense to come back, at least for the first night or first week as a baby face. I don't. I I think there's a lot remains to be seen. Is it gonna stick? How are they gonna explain the undisputed kingdom stuff? But I I'm not gonna jump to conclusions. I guess is my thoughts. I think Adam Cole is a better heel than he is a face. Though his face stuff with MJF was really really good. But yeah, I think I think it's too early to judge. Yes, he's a face his first night, but we don't know what's gonna happen. Everybody returns as a face to a m JF returned as a face.
Speaker 1: Yep, everybody gets so they show their true colors. Go ahead, sudden or MJF.
Speaker 3: MJF came out for when he returned from the injury as a face for about what five minutes, and then he turned back to the guy that everybody loves to hate. You're right, Alex, I think it's way too early to say he's going to be a face the whole time, because we watched Adam Cole go from being Adam Cole to m Jeff's best friend to the devil, and he got hurt in that process, and he's come back and right now it's working out that he's going to be the face to go against them. Jeff uh heal, But that might not mean anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could see what you're talking about. But I got a feeling that they're gonna be the Switcheroo with Unnecessary Kingdom and make them face and joy and Adam Cole to take on MJF. There's been teasing it a little bit with shaking hands and stuff like that and ring of honor. So I think Adam Pole would be great with Dan Garcia and mentoring him a little bit too. I think it's an interesting take and seeing where it's gonna go.
Speaker 5: First of all, I wouldn't be surprised if we see that tag team match on an episode of Dynamite MJF and Jack Perry versus Daniel Garcia and Adam Cole, maybe as a build up to those two singles matches at full gear. But if they are going to go in the direction of an MJF Adam Cole feud, with Adam Cole being the baby face and MJF being the heel, it'll be interesting to see how they tie the devil stuff into the story, which I don't think that be a big part of the story because if you look back, the devil stuff kind of flocked.
Speaker 3: Honestly, well, it doesn't necessarily need to be a part of it because that was over a year ago and everything has moved on so far that you can just let that go and not even recall it. You really don't have to.
Speaker 2: I think you have to. You have to mention it, You have to explain it a little bit. You don't have to get into detail, but if you don't, if you just pretend it never happened. That's not we don't.
Speaker 1: We know that Adam Cole is going to explain himself tomorrow night. I believe that's the terminology they used. Do you think that he's going to bring up the devil thing? Maybe, maybe at the very least bring up the friendship that he had for months and months and months and months with MJF.
Speaker 3: I think he will bring the stuff up about NJF. I'm not sure he'll I'm not sure that you can kind of leave it there and kind of bring it up a little bit, I guess, but it's not necessary for where they're at now, because you know, you can just take that whole devil. You really can just take the whole devil part out and just have a be that they were best friends that turned on each other and go from that way if you wanted to. But I do what you're saying, Alex. It's it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 6: I feel like.
Speaker 5: Adam Cale, at least for this feud against MJFF, is going to be a true baby face only because you think about what Adam Cale has been through recently, not just health wise, but like in his personal life, it's hard not to root for the guy, so at least for this storyline with MJF, I think he will be the babyface.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the interesting part with Adam Cole, for me particularly is that he has that history with NJF. That is some people think that it's I kind of think it's overdone with God and I think it's time for a new start. They've had a year to stew on it, basically. But then you also have the whole thing with the Undisputed Kingdom that may or may not be you know, addressed at all either. So we've got two things specifically with Adam Cole that a lot of people are looking at and saying they're still open ended and we need to do something with it. So it's going to be a very interesting promo that Adam Cole does. I hope he comes to the Ring and maybe I don't think we're going to see MGF because where it is is that he had to go and film some more. I have to go more too, But he may show up on the big screen or something. I don't know. It's something to look forward to, and hey, that's what this is all about. I'm actually looking forward to seeing something resolved on Wednesday night. Dynamite instead of just having, you know, banger matches that frankly we get them all the time. It's time for something new. Not that I'm complaining about the banger matches, but I want to see something more and looks like we're getting more on Dynamite this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure you need that. Banger matches are great, but you also need some story stuff to even everything out for sure.
Speaker 1: Now, speaking of story, I want to visit John Moxley because we all saw what John Moxley did to Brian Danielson. Uh, we have Wheeler Yuda did it to Brian Dangelson do it seems like everybody was against Brian Danielson. But Moxley is also addressing the addressing this tomorrow night again. I hope he comes out. I hope he gets in the ring and faces the music of the Company of Booze that he's definitely going to hear. But where do we go from here? I mean, obviously he's the world champion. Now do you think that he's a transitional champion? And who do you think is going to be his He probably have a match against you know, I don't know, Action Eddready or something that's a hopeless match. But what's his absolute upcoming feud. A lot of people are saying, Darby Allen, do you agree with that yet?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Go ahead?
Speaker 5: Oh I don't know if you pull the chigger on Orange Cassidy yet, because him and Darby I could see either of them taking the title from Moxley. But given the way this whole BCC story is going and the level of violence and insanity Moxley has gone to recently, I don't think he's going to be a transitional champion, and I'll be really interesting to see who he feuds with first. I think it needs to be not Orange Cassie or Darby Allen. I think you hold off on both of them till later. But at the same time, it does need to be a legitimate contender, whoever it is. It can't just be like, Oh, we're gonna throw Gonte Martin at him for his first title defense or whatever.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to all depend on what he has to say and where this storyline goes, because he very well could be I could see them making him a transitional champion. The whole plan, if you go by what everybody's been saying, is that you know this was Brand's idea. He wanted everything to happen the way he did. But everybody's thinking that Darby's going to be the next champion, and this is all setting up to be between Darby and John. But until we find out what is exactly going on with Marx, we can guess as much as we want to. He might not even I mean the way they acted with the title, he might not even want to defend the title. He might just want to keep it stored away, like it's being protected from something.
Speaker 5: I was gonna save this for Mike pot Pourri, but I'll just bring it up now. I love that all all three of a w's top guys right now, Swerve Strickland, Hangman on Page, and John Moxley are all absolutely insane, and they have different reasons for being insane. Like Hangman's insanity is because he's obsessed with Swerve Strickland and you know, going to through the people who prevented him from getting to Swerve. You've got Swerve who is just insane because of the level of violence he's willing to go to and the manipulation he does.
Speaker 6: And then Moxley is just well Moxley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Alex, I have a question for you. Yes. Well, first, you know, the original question is who do you think that that uh, Moxley's first real fewd is gonna go get going to be uh and this is quite But the second question that this is for everybody else is is there anyone that you do not want to see Moxley feud with?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I one hundred percent agree with whoever said Orange Cassidy. You know they had that Jerry Lynn. Yeah, mkay, they had that Jerry Lynn backstage segment where out of the blue, he's just kind of hyping up Orange Cassidy And for me, that's you know that there's a reason for that. And then Orange Cassidy was there right next to Derby at the end of the night. It feels like Darby's probably going to be the guy that unseats John Moxley. But I think Orange Cassidy has a lot of history with John Moxley feuding over the international title. And yeah, it seems like a good person for Moxley to make look really good in a championship match that he doesn't win. And I don't know if you guys remember when they had that trip both threat Championship match main event with Park and Orange Cassidy and Kenny Omega. That was one of the first AW pay per views I think I watched and that that was such a fun match to watch Orange Cassidy almost win. I don't know if it'll feel the same this time, but to see a close pinfall with Orange Cassidy almost becoming AW champion would really be something very exciting for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I think also I want to add that if they do fight each other, that I want to see the crowds of action when they ultimately beat the craft out of Orange Cassidy because he's a fan favorite and kids love him, so I think there's gonna be some tears shed for Orange Cassidy on the kid's side.
Speaker 1: They're gonna beat.
Speaker 4: Everybody up, I think, and unfortunately it's gonna people haven't suggested. It's gonna be kind of like a steam thing for for Darby Allen to come out of the shadows and finally be the one beat John Moxley. It needs to be Derby. People all the time tell me no, he's not ready, but he's more ready than anybody else I can think of on the roster right now.
Speaker 5: I think we have to keep in mind the fact that Christian Cage still has that like clipboard money in the bank type thing where he can cash in and get a title shot anytime he wants.
Speaker 6: So you can't just dismiss that whole thing.
Speaker 3: Do you honestly see Christian Cage going up against John Moxley and thinks he's going to win the title? I mean seriously, I like Christian and Christian does good work. Moxley would murder him, period. There wouldn't even be a fight. That would be. That would be the dumbest thing that he could do. The only way he could do that that I could see Christian doing that and act me having a chance is if Moxley is beat up so badly in the match that he's he's bleeding everywhere and been beat up by everything you can think of. It's just I just don't see that happening. That would be suicide for Christian.
Speaker 2: I can just imagine them doing that. Moxley's like half dead, Christian comes out, Moxley gets up, Christian just runs away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the other day.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm all in for the Moxley versus Orange Cassidy match. Or mini feud, because I do think the doll roads lead to Darby Allen and John Moxley. But I will accept a Orange Cassidy versus John Moxley mini feud if and only if John Moxley beats the livid shit out of the Orange. Because when Jerry Lynn at backstage at Wrestle Dream did that hype thing whatever it was for Orge Cassidy, my whole reaction was God damn it. Seriously, I mean, don't think about this, Okay, think about this. In the last six months, Orange Cassidy has had a revolving door of matches with the Conglomeration in different setups I guess against the Undisputed Kingdom in different setups, meaning that the un Disputed Kingdom may have had a special guest wrestler and Conglomeration at a special guest wrestler. Ornge Castide has done nothing but really tag team matches and trios matches and Casito Dotlin match. When was the last time that he had a.
Speaker 6: Singles match against Jericho?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There again, But what I have to saying is was that a meaningful match? You know? No, he hasn't had any meaningful matches, even the tag team and the Trio's matches, they weren't for titles, they were completely meaningless. He yeah, he was in the Casino Gauntlet to get a shot at the title, but that was just like so telegraphed. They all knew he was gonna get get that you, I mean, that was gonna happen two weeks before it actually happened. My point is is that Orange Cassidy has not earned anything, and if they need to do something with him and Moxley other than him get in the living crap beat out of him, they need to do something with Orange Cassie to make him earn the shot.
Speaker 5: If you, Moxley and Orange Cassie had had a great match for the International title all Out. I personally enjoyed their second match at Full Gear. I know some people didn't enjoy as much as their first.
Speaker 1: What twenty twenty two?
Speaker 6: No last year?
Speaker 4: Last year?
Speaker 6: I thought, yeah, that was the main event for All Out last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, so twenty twenty three, So it's.
Speaker 3: All going to come down to. It was if you, if you saw it and you paid attention to everybody that was in the rink to help out Brian. It was the entire conglomeration was there. It was Adam Cole and it was Darby Allen.
Speaker 7: They were all in the ring and hook right and hook, and I mean it's the kind of drew the who Private Party.
Speaker 1: Weren't they out there?
Speaker 3: So you're kind of getting the whole lines that are being drawn in the in the in the thing and how they're gonna separate this down. And another part of your question when you put up here was how are how is the BCC and the and the UH elite gonna coincide? I don't think it's going to. I think this is going to take center stage. It's gonna become the main thing that they pushed for the next however long they wanted to run. I think the elite storyline is kind of gonna get pushed back and just kind of they'll still be the elite and they'll still do their thing, But I don't think it's gonna be anything of importance unless and less everybody's talking about McMahon coming in. That would be probably the only place that you could put Shane in now, because this whole thing with the BCC, there's no way this has anything to do with Shane, because that's just not his character style.
Speaker 1: Listen, yeah, but listen, you know guys, Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Someting. But then again, Tony Khan turned right around, and who did he book for a match on Dynamite this week? The Elite against Orange Cassidy and Kyle O'Reilly and whoever I can't remember the third person.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, So so.
Speaker 1: Orange Cassidy isn't going against the Black Bool Combat Club. He's going against the Elite, which makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but and you had a lot of guys that we named as being the baby Faces in there kind of challenging the the BCC. Uh. If all those guys got together and came out at the same time, they would beat the crap out of the BCC, because it was only like four or five of them. I don't know. I can really see the Elite and the BCC kind of maybe not joining forces, but kind of both being part of this group that's fighting against the baby Faces.
Speaker 3: Well that's the whole thing. Like I said before, it's gonna determine the way this is gonna go. Is gonna be when they finally reveal what the hell's going on, because what they've said so far makes no sense for where they're headed, and.
Speaker 6: I think Moxley wants it that way. To Sutton, I.
Speaker 5: Think he's intentionally speaking in riddles, but to your point, Alex, and also kind of to what you're saying about the elite, Sutton. I think the key pier in all of this is Jack Perry. And I'll tell you why, because did Moxley recently have a conversation with Jack Perry if I'm not mistaken, Like we saw a backstage I believe right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the first days he came back, he came up to him, he was with the young bucks and he said, you've always been a nice kid or something like that, and patted him on the back and walked away.
Speaker 5: So Wave like, I don't I don't know how this would work, so you'd have to forgive me.
Speaker 6: I don't have all the details on it worked out.
Speaker 5: But Wave like, somehow Jack Perry is behind everything with the BCC.
Speaker 1: I don't see that.
Speaker 4: Happen, but I think he's I think Marx is going after the Day one people and he wants these younger people to step up because he doesn't have that much longer, you know, and they really haven't. They really haven't. MJF is really one only stepped up guys for the Day one people, So I think that's what they need. I think it's where it's going. Like I said, Orange Cassidy.
Speaker 6: Has has has stories, but.
Speaker 4: Just about every member of the BCC, you know, you to he turn, you would have turned on them. He also he's a pick on you. He took the belt from Park and he's had quite a few matches with Moxley, so he has that history. What about Claudio though, he's had matches with Plaudio, I thought, but maybe.
Speaker 2: Not a history.
Speaker 4: Maybe he has history with them. I'm yeah, but I don't think the underdog is gonna win this time. It's what's great about this because the good guy doesn't always win.
Speaker 5: So I didn't get to see Russell Dream because it was young Kapoor and I have family and stuff over uh.
Speaker 6: But I was able.
Speaker 5: To see like stuff on Twitter and whatnot, and I saw like the end clip with it was Hook, it was Orange Cassie, it was Darby all kind of just watching off to the side. I don't think it's a coincidence that that was the final shot before Russell Dream went off the air, Like it feels like, that's the next crop of young guys that Aw's kind of getna rely on.
Speaker 1: You know, what I think would have been better at the end there was if they had shown had the elite not come to the ring, but at least come out onto the ramp, you know, to set up a babyface versus heel battle. Because to me, I'm gonna be honest with you, when I saw Orange Cassidy out there, I was a little bit disappointed in that I thought that Orange Casside we better suited to go after Okada.
Speaker 6: It's Kyle O'Reilly that's going after Okada.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, like that absolutely zero sense whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you explain that.
Speaker 1: O'Riley is glorified jobber that I'm not saying that about his talent. I'm saying that about the way he's been booked. He hasn't. Again, AW has a problem right now, and that I mentioned this in the opening. All of their champions are heels right now. And there's very very few strong babyfaces, both in the men's and the women's division, and of course definitely not in the tag team or the trio's division. I mean, it's kind of preposterous because every tag team that's face has lost recently. It seems like same thing. Those are the trios. I mean, there's just nowhere to go they've gotten. I'm really hoping that face division yeah for trios.
Speaker 2: I'm really really hoping that that Darby Allen Brody king match with the handshake at the end just lead somehow to House of Black supporting Darby Allen in his fight against John Moxley.
Speaker 1: I think that would also alex that at all in when the House of Black was in that, I think it wasn't a four way trios match. Yeah, it was a four ways tris match at the BCC one. They they were the only ones that stood in the ring and shook their hands too. So I think they are establishing the House of Black as more of a anti hero at least not necessarily face team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And if they pull the trigger and just give them like a prominent role, I think that would that would be amazing for me at least. That's just a House of Black super fan.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. Plus, you AWS have to consider Julia Hard is going to be coming back too, and Julia Hart comes back as a true heel, that's just another heel in a sea of heels in the women's division. They need somebody strong in the women's division as a face, just as they need somebody strong in the men's division as a face. And I'm not only talking one person, I'm talking multiple people, because there's just so many heels of both sides right now, and they all have belts.
Speaker 2: Yeah and Julia, Yeah, Julia Hurt as a face goth. Yeah, that that. I feel like she would be so popular. She's already so popular as a heel, but like that could just be again.
Speaker 1: An anti hero, not necessarily a face, but an anti hero.
Speaker 6: You know, she does.
Speaker 2: Chaffir or, she does the.
Speaker 1: Right things, but she does it in a violent way.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And you have men in the men's division that can do the same thing. House of Black could do that. You know, you could even have Chris Jericho a big bill and doing something like that. You know, you don't necessarily have to have all these guys being healed, especially the ones that don't have belts right now. Yeah, well, Alex, what do you want to talk about next?
Speaker 2: Well, I think we sort of talked about the trio's division, So why don't we switch gears to the tag team division? We had that match at Wressell Dream Private Party. I'm not sure how you guys felt about it. I missed some of the beginning. I did think do the classic Kelson of choosing that moment to take my dog for a walk. But when I came back and when I saw the match was really really good, and I thought Private Party, who I haven't really ever been too excited about, looked really good. In the last half of that match that I did see, I honestly he thought they were going to win it a few times there. Ah, But yeah, after that, I mean, I assume that they're not going to immediately challenge the Young Bucks again, and who else has left? It's it's interesting. I think there is some strong tag teams, but no one that's comes to mind as being like the next in line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because look, Private Party in the Bucks. They put on a great match. But at no point since the match was announced did I ever think that Private Party was going to win this match. I approached this match as an exhibition match and not a title match, because it was no way that Private Party was going to win that match. They need a name, and unfortunately you don't have any, especially not on the baby face side. They need a name in the tag division to challenge, and it can't be f TR and it can't be the acclaimed I'm sorry, it's been there, that Groundhog.
Speaker 3: It's going to be Turbo Floyd Company. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: If it is, that's well fine, but i'll tell you I'm gonna be honest with you right now, as God is my judge. Right, If Turbo Floyd, well, just the Outrunners win the Tag Team Championship, I'm done.
Speaker 3: It's setting up to be the way because right now they are the most over tag team in a W period.
Speaker 1: Is over. They they absolutely have no place with a belt around their waist there.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for long used to have to beat the elite.
Speaker 1: If they beat the elite and lose to I don't know, top flight next week, I'm cool with it if they have that, But if they win the belts and they have the belts for like two weeks, I'm done with a W. I've done with the community. I'm done with this podcast. Shut it down because a W would have lost every bit of respect that I had for him. Because that's Apostles.
Speaker 3: They're the They're the team that's going right now. That's what everybody loves them. That's the whole reason why they're getting the push they're getting.
Speaker 1: Is they thousand and two, But there was no way that he was going to get a title shot. I don't see that housand is any different than the Outrunners.
Speaker 6: What happened to the Grizzled Young Veterans?
Speaker 2: They're still.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean about the Grizzled Young Veterans is they lose so goddamn always.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like they have this tendency every once in a while on a w when you bring in a new group that most people haven't heard of, that's what they do to them. They put them in and they get them in there, they get them losses and then they build them. They take them all the way down, then they build them back up. But most likely because the Outrunners have been having some fun with FTR, people are saying that you know the Outrunners will winning, then FTR take the titles from them. They're gonna turn on them. That I mean, if if you think about it, Outruns the Outrunners are faced. That would make the FTR heels and that would fit right in on there. The way they run the titles right now is everybody's got to be a heel.
Speaker 1: Yep, well, but I'm that serious about it. Out Runners win those belts and they keep from more than two weeks. I've bought it here. They are just they suck so bad. I don't care if people think I'm an idiot or whatever for saying it, but they suck. They're awful. They're they're for three year olds. I'm not three year old.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I think most people like them. I'm more agree with Kelson. I think I think they're entertaining, they're funny, but yeah, they do remind me of Dan Housen and that they're not They're they're super entertaining outside of the ring, and then when they're in a match, it's awful for me. And I feel like Tony Khan is would be very hesitant to pull the trigger like I could see in WWE they would run with them and give them the titles and ae W Tony Khan's more obsessed with just pure wrestling ability. So I don't see it happening, but it could.
Speaker 1: Let me put it this way, Alex, We've got Russell Dynasty coming up on January fifth.
Speaker 6: That is what.
Speaker 1: Put a half months away. Yeah, the Outrunners are the tag team champions, Who would the hell do you put them up against at the Tokyo Dome. I mean seriously, there's yeah, they picked up a couple of the rookies from startup, but put him in there to give him a challenge.
Speaker 2: No, they do have some goofy like opening wrestlers in New Japan like Rice Skate to Gucci who just only hits people with his butt toro yo.
Speaker 8: But yeah, that if you put the tag titles on the recult runners in a w tag titles automatically become the single most meaningless title.
Speaker 3: I mean, what what what are they worth? Now you've got him on the Elite who had wrestled, had him for five months or so, and wrestled for him for like three times. They're being used for no reason because the let's be honest, the Elite's whole storyline is ship because they're not doing anything with it. They've just let it go to hell and they've done nothing with it except they come out once in a while and they oh, well, where are the Elite? Where the where are You're like vps and we're gonna do what we want to do, and you're gonna do this.
Speaker 2: And it's they don't even do that anymore. They don't show them like producing this show and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So you took the whole storyline. You put the titles on the team that yes, they do a good job defending them when they defend them, but they've made it clear that they're on a part time contract that they only have to show up so many times a year, and that's what they're playing it off. Your titles work because they're on a group that nobody they're doing nothing with them, So what's the point?
Speaker 5: Actually, Yeah, the continental title, I would say, is in a worse position than the tag team titles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why was they caught in on having singles matches on some of the biggest shows it is?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: That's the thing I've been questioning ever since all.
Speaker 3: In I think it has to do with Elite having the same contracts. Except for maybe.
Speaker 2: Perry one contract only one person can wrestle per show.
Speaker 3: They all they all have that selected date kind of thing where they can select when they want to wrestle, and that's what they have to set up as that's the.
Speaker 4: Way pay millions of Why pay millions of dollars just for o'carder to not be on on the carrd Well.
Speaker 3: That probably comes down to the fact that Tony's proven in the past that he has an issue being able to do a whole lot of stories at once, and possibly they're not doing much with them because they're so worried about keeping this other story getting off the ground and getting it started.
Speaker 5: Who can say, yeah, except like, you have this storyline with hang Man. You got Jay White who just came back. He's on his own story. Now, you got Swerve and everything with Shelton, Benjamin MVP and most likely the daybuting Bobby lastly on Wednesday.
Speaker 6: So there are a number of stories going on right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what's the point? What was really the point of them attacking Tony Kahn and doing all this stuff and then boom, just doing nothing. I feel like that was a waste and we wasted all this where there's talent out there who could use those tag titles instead of keeping them on the elite.
Speaker 1: That I agree with.
Speaker 3: You got to put him somewhere and right now, your best and most popular tag team are the Outrunners. They don't have to hold him for long. All they gotta do is.
Speaker 1: The most popular. If you say the Outrunners are the best. I didn't don't know anything about.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 1: That's the most popular. That was exactly.
Speaker 3: It didn't mean it that way. But right now they're the ones that the fans are the most excited about f TR. Nobody wants to see f TR with the titles again because you had the f TR in the Elite wrestling.
Speaker 1: With the titles again.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't want to see me.
Speaker 2: Okay, f TR with the titles Outrunners chasing them. I think that would be the only scenario where I'd be interested in seeing the Outrunners in like a tag team title match, would be against f TR. But anyway, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I hope it doesn't happen. There are a lot of people that love the Outrunners, but I guess I'm just too mature for them.
Speaker 2: No, you're too young maybe or the third the youngest.
Speaker 1: Alive. So I mean, I just have no interest in ever seen the Outrunners in a wrestling ring. They can do movies. I just don't know where they're going to go. I mean, what kind of movie, Gilmore, you would be great in that they.
Speaker 3: Could redo all the Hogan's old movies.
Speaker 8: Nord I do think they were all I think they were in.
Speaker 1: I think they directed those movies, right, Yes, they did. They wrote the script.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, they're making all the old movies over again now, so that's the perfect thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they directed. Yeah, I'll tell you. I'm telling you. The way things are going right now in a w it's like another movie. I say it all the time. It's like groundhog Day. It's like rinse repeat, do something to take a risk. And I'm sorry, but FTR and the Elite and all that. They're great teams. They earned every accolade that they've gotten. They've got to do something. You got Shelton Benjamin hopefully Bobby Lashley coming in there, you go. I mean, I am excited about that match. Adam Adam Copeland did Christian Kick as tag team partners. Something new that's old, but still something new. I mean, the out Runners were there. I think they were their first opponents, you know, so.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, going to interject some freshness to it. I think I'm see what that's going to hid.
Speaker 5: I mean, Shelton Benjamin Taving on match with Leo Rush tomorrow. We all know that's probably gonna edge with Bobby Lashley coming out and debuting.
Speaker 1: Most like quite possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 5: From what I heard, the reason they kept Bobby Lashley off of Wressell Dream is because they had so many like angles and stuff on that pay per view.
Speaker 6: They didn't want his debut to get lost in the shuffle.
Speaker 1: The way that it was reported was that we already saw that Brian Danielson got beat down and in his hometown by Don Moxley in the BCC. Had Bobby Lashley come out, it would have resulted in a beatdown of Swear Strickland Swear Strickland also in his hometown, and they simply did not want to do two of hometown heroes on the same show. And I get that. I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that would have been dumb.
Speaker 1: Well, Alex, bring up one I want to talk about next.
Speaker 2: I think we have just one last topic before we maybe discuss the Pope Pier or the Dynamite cards. So we had the PWI two hundred and fifty Top Women was released today. We had a bunch of aw I'll just go through the aw women that are in the top ten. We had Athena at number ten, Mariah May number nine, Willow Nightingale was number eight, and then Tony Storm was the number one woman for the year. And this is like a k FAB list. It's not necessarily who's the most popular in wrestling, but it's the most successful woman I guess in wrestling title wise and match wise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do have some criteria. Matter of fact, like the only reason Mercedes Monett is not even anywhere on this list is because she didn't meet the right did not meet the criteria for the number of matches wrestled within the time period. By the way, the time period was from October first, twenty twenty three until September thirtieth, twenty twenty four. So when you read these rankings, that's what the that's the timeframe. Also with the top one hundred, Julia Hard at twenty six, Kakaroshida at thirty one, Billy Starks at thirty three, Chris Statlander at thirty six, Dianna Parazzo at I can't read it. I want to say that's thirty nine. Yeah, Red Velvet good to see her at fifty one, Sky Blue at fifty four, Queen Abanado at fifty five, and then you also had rounding out the top one hundred, you had thunder Rosa and Marina Shaffir and finally and a Jay And I will say this in the case of a lot of these women in a W not all of them, but a lot of them that I just named, they had a significant jump from last year. So I totally one that maybe fell a little bit was I think well of Nightingale was either seven or nine last year. So she was right, she's basically this year, She's basically right where she was last year, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: I got a question. You said the Mercedes is not on this list because she didn't meet the criteria for matches in the time period, right, right, Okay, how long? And I get it, but how long has Juliet Hart been out? Didn't she get out like summer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's been out for a long time.
Speaker 3: A match she's not in the time period.
Speaker 2: But it was from yeah, last year October.
Speaker 1: You're completely wrong here, uh the time period for this this uh PW Insider to fifty is from October first, twenty twenty three, last year. True, September thirtieth, twenty twenty four. Julia Hart actually had like thirty some matches.
Speaker 2: She had matter that she ten matches in twenty twenty four, she was time. Yeah she was going injured.
Speaker 1: That she was defending it like she had matches every week.
Speaker 2: It seemed like, Yeah, she got injured in April of this year.
Speaker 1: I could have swore she was She would she have been higher. But if she didn't get injured, absolutely, Because that's one thing I will say about the p WY thing is that they tend to penalize rustlers for being injured for any amount of time, even if they meet the criteria. For example, Julia, the one that's in WWE, is ranked like twenty second or something like that. She should be way up there, but she was injured, so she missed him time and they penalized her for it. I was actually kind of shocked that Julia Hart was twenty six.
Speaker 5: Is that like Statlander is thirty? Is that like Statlanders thirty six?
Speaker 1: But like I said, the PW Insider has this thing where they do penalize wrestlers. I don't think so, because if I am not mistaken, Statlander when she was injured, she came back last year. If I'm not mistaken, she came back in September of last year. Is that right? Isn't that when she beat Jade Cargill was in September of last year.
Speaker 6: No, I think that was a double or nothing.
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to remember when double or nothing was.
Speaker 1: Mean June in it, Jay Carkos, Jake Marko has not been in aw this year.
Speaker 4: No, she maade her.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty three. That was May of twenty twenty three at double or nothing.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, so that's been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Snatlander was not on the injured list at all during that time.
Speaker 2: No she. I guess she was the TVs champion at the beginning of their the period in October twenty twenty three and then lost it in November. I know they do, like if you were a champion for a long period of time during that the year, then you go up a lot higher. But she's lost a lot of matches in the last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well that story with her stokely did not help her as far as that goes. Stan Line was built in baby base and I'm glad that they're making her back into a baby face. Obviously that's the direction they're going because people wanted to happen.
Speaker 2: Some edge to her. I wish they explained it a little bit more.
Speaker 6: But you know, lot with Mercedes for the TBS title.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she'll end up losing. I know that's something that that's a whole different different color. But I really am tired of money with the belt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've often said that I do not believe that any wrestler should hold you belts with the amount of talent that is in the men's and women's division in a w and roh, there's no reason whatsoever for any wrestler the whole two belts, even if it's not an aw belt, which the IWGP Strong Title is a New Japan belt. But mercedeses walking around with two of them. She can stand to lose that DBS Championship and still hold on to that IWGP belt because I don't think that Mercedes is going to lose that belt if she does until Russell Dynasty in January.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like a big part of the New Japan anytime they run a show in America, be like front and center on the poster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But you know, hey, you're.
Speaker 2: Getting their value out of her as well.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean we've got to give credit where credit is due to Tony Storm, who was number one on that PWY list, and we kind of glossed it over. Let's give her some flowers. I mean her character personally, I think her character work is absolutely fantastic. I don't think that it's her wrestling that god her rock number one on this list. I think it was her character. But okay, I mean she's elevated pretty much everybody she's met in the ring with, and that's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: She's done the best character work in a w over the last year and a half. Easily.
Speaker 4: You guys, think of rival who's done as well as she has with character work.
Speaker 2: She's done.
Speaker 1: Who are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Okay, any other wrestler. I mean that's what I'm saying. She's done so good that even she's masking, she's going past the men except I love Juice Robinson. But she's really went and did her thing, even taking it to New Japan and taking it well. She didn't get to go to CMLLL, but she eventually will and her.
Speaker 1: While answer that question, I mean, look, there are several women in aaw who are doing some pretty decent character work. The outa Parazzo comes to mind, but Data Parazzo hasn't earned it. In my opinion. So I mean, even her buddy Camille the brick House is doing. I think she's doing fine character work. It's just that she hasn't earned it. But I will go back to this probably if there's a woman on the aw roster that is second to Tony Storm as far as character work, has earned a shot because they were a former TBS champion and they have the rematch clause, and I honestly believe that Mercedes Monette was always supposed to take the title from Julia Hart, and that is where it's going. I mean, think about the story that was built. The first person who ever got in the ring with Mercedes Monet, not in the match, but as an attacker, was Julia Hart. The lights went off and Mercedes Monette was beaten down. Julia Hard of course got injured, so they had to kind of probably flipflop that to make it seem like sky Blue is the one who attacked Mercedes Monette. But I don't believe that that was the story. I think the story from the get go with Mercedes Monette coming into a w was always Monette versus Heart, and I think that they're going to revisit that because God knows when something gets into Tony Kahan's mind, he's gonna find a way to do it, come hell or high water. Even if the people that are doing it are not with the company anymore, He'll still try to find a way to do it.
Speaker 2: M hmm, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think that's gonna be Julia Hart, Mercedes Bonett.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a question. MK. Just of people that I think are kind of on the level of Tony Storm, and maybe not quite, I'd say Willow in my opinion, she's you know, she's not really playing a character in the same way as Tony Storm, but like Tony Storm's just perfect at being who she is. He's perfect when cutting promos, you can't say anything, he doesn't do anything wrong. And Willow, for me, is just perfectly who she could be as a character. When she does a promo, it's as good as anybody in aw And she's put on great matches too. I thought her match with Mariah May was one of the best woman she perview men such as we've had in years. So not in years, but in a few shows. Yeah, So shout out to Willow. Number eight.
Speaker 1: Don't forget when it comes to story. Uh, you've got Mina Shirakawa still there and frankly, uh not maybe not as an opponent, but maybe a tag team partner. Mayuu Watani.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm really excited for her.
Speaker 5: It almost feels like right now they're waiting for Mina shar A Kawa to come over, and they're waiting for Tony Storm to come back, because when you look at since Mariah has won the women's title, there hasn't really been anything for her on the other side, Like, yeah, she had a really good match with Willow at Wrestle Dream, but I don't think anybody realistically believed Willow was gonna take the title off of her.
Speaker 2: It's funny you say they're waiting for Mina Shirica. It feels like Mina Shirka was waiting for them to use her.
Speaker 1: Yeah commitments, you know in CMLL and stardom, and so Mina Shirkla is basically waiting on Tony Storm to get back the aw.
Speaker 5: But in terms to answer your question earlier about who can ride with Tony Storm in terms of character work, I gotta say I'm JFF.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but MJF looks really stupid at a sports bro I can tell you that right now, do you know that m JF is Unless you know something about MJF, I don't. I don't think he's partner in the conversation. But there is somebody else that's partner that's been getting kind of talk about out quite a lot, and that's Anna J. What do you think about Anna j? If if they treat her with a serious push and not just you know, meet for the wolves, where would she go? Would she go against Storm or would she go against Monette?
Speaker 3: I like Anna Ja, and she's gotten better. She don't even think she's just not there yet.
Speaker 6: What about Jamie Hater for that matter?
Speaker 1: Rawlins, that's a really good point, but let's base it. Maybe Jamie Hater isn't ready yet. I don't know, but or maybe Tony Kana's got her, you know that to have a feud with somebody that's injured like thunder Rosa or something right now, and you know Tony Kahan, with his patience, will wait until you know the second coming of whoever to uh to pull the trigger on something uh and don't forget. I feel like if she if he was going to do something with Peter, he would have done it already and up.
Speaker 3: And when he when he had to run off that out of that four way match like that, that made no sense.
Speaker 6: But now before and I was just about to say, don't forget.
Speaker 5: During that four way it was board that came back randomly and attacked Jamie Hare Don't get where that's going. But okay, as long as you have a strong follow up on Dynamite, I'll pay attention, Jed, I'll.
Speaker 1: Forget that that four way match was that's necessary because of an injury.
Speaker 5: Uh so, yeah, I know Britt Baker felt came down with an illness, I know something like that.
Speaker 1: My point is that I believe they for me. Yeah, they sent Penelope for It out there to protect Jamie Hayter from taking a pin or worse, not getting the wind, you know. I mean if she would have been in the ring when somebody else got pinned, or outside of the ring, you know, prone on the ground when somebody else got the wind, meaning Willow would have been Let's face it, Willow was always going to win that match. He was gonna win the match against Britt Baker, and she was always going to win that match. There was no need for Jamie Hater to be out there at all other than other than simply to be the person that basically was the foil to reintroduce Penelope forward to the crowd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's that's you had so many other people that could have been putting that match instead of wasting Jamie Hater for nothing. I mean, she's come back, she's done what Since she's come.
Speaker 2: Back, it was nice to have her on Dynamite.
Speaker 4: And he's with Cameron, and I think partly Cameron, and that's not bad for a startup. I think they're slowly getting her back into it because of her injury. And still.
Speaker 1: I do want to point out one thing with Jimmie Hater. I would love for her to borrow sky Blue Scooby Doo outfit ring ring gear because I think it would just fit so well. Because everybody's constantly saying that Jimmy Hater looks like Daffity from Scooby Doo.
Speaker 6: Now, so I do like that, even though I think it's a little low for her.
Speaker 5: I do like that sky Blue is on here at number fifty four, although again I think that's just a tad bit low for her because I prior to her injury, it seemed like they were building her up for something and I was starting to get pretty investigated it, So, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: With you, Rollins, she's she's that low simply because of the injury. I really do believe that she would have been hire.
Speaker 4: I'm really looking forward.
Speaker 1: I'd really like to see.
Speaker 4: Uh Beanna Parazzo versus versus Mariah May or someone like that who got a little more established and stuff. That's what we need to keep on going. But I was kind of surprised to see Maria Shafir even on that list. I didn't know she wrestled that much and quite.
Speaker 1: A big tour of the indies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some matches in like the blood Sport thing where it's like shoot fighting without wrestling ropes.
Speaker 3: The mention of the Deanna Parazzo, who there's a lot of talk that she's going to start this late female gangster group. I keep hearing.
Speaker 2: About, well, you got Taia with her right.
Speaker 3: And possibly I was thinking before the Marina even got involved with the BCC that that might have been where she was going to go. But that could prove to be a little interesting in the women's division.
Speaker 1: I agree on that note.
Speaker 5: I was thinking the Renegade Twins, we're going to join up with Mercedes Monet.
Speaker 3: Now they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I had originally heard that the Renegade Twins were good link up with Mercedes Monee and Camille.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all. I've never heard the Renegades with the Ana Parazzo.
Speaker 3: I saw that in an article. I don't remember where it was, but I saw it a couple about a week ago. They were talking about and they said the Renegade Twins and it was somebody else thinking me the hirsh but I can't remember if it was her or not, but there there. It was kind of weird because most of them are r O H heavy wrestlers than AW, so that's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, Athena is number ten on the list, I personally think that she would have she should have been higher on the PWY list at number ten. Uh. Is it time for Athena and frankly Billy Starks to come to a W and make an impact?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I kind of.
Speaker 3: But the problem with that is is Athena doesn't want to do both, so until they get someone to take that title off of her, king going anywhere near a W.
Speaker 1: Queen Aminada can actually can actually be a good face for Riga Waterson.
Speaker 3: And and that's the part.
Speaker 1: There is that I think that's basically the face of RIGA.
Speaker 9: Is absolutely well, that's because Tony Kahn has let a W and let people from r o AH have the men's titles come over to a W almost as much, probably more than they.
Speaker 1: Are a r o H.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know that was They asked him that question when he first bought r o H and he swore, I'm not he wasn't going to do that.
Speaker 5: And yet like at Wressell Dream, Mark Briscoe defended the Ring of Iron World Championship against Chris Jericho.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that a team title too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. Brian Cage versus Atlantis Junior.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he deserves the title. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And someone asked Tony about the possibility of roster split. I think the first thing he needs to worry about is getting r o H talent off of a W. And because you have enough talent on the AEW only roster, you don't need the r o H guys there, you truly don't.
Speaker 1: I was kind of shocked at that Brian Cage in Atlanta's junior match, because remember this was the first show meaning Russel Dream that Fox Sports Mexico with broadcasting. Now, Brian Cage is pretty much internationally known, uh so they know him down to Mexico. But to have a Mexican Mexican superstar from CMLL at Triple A or where I don't even really I think Atlanta Studiors CMLL, Yeah, I do know that, but to have him on the first broadcast lose, it was kind of shocking to me. So maybe they're booking a rematch of some sort CMLL because I mean, look, a w has been doing a lot of work with Stardom. They've been doing a lot of work with CMLL. I mean you had Tony Storm and Anna jay Over and Stardom. You've had John Moxley, Tony Storm. I believe Brian Cage was down down in CMLL as well Willow Nightingale. I mean, you've had a lot of wrestlers participating, you know. So when you're looking at possible contenders in the women's division and the men's division that we were talking about for tag team titles and whatnot, don't discount the women from Stardom and the men from CML in this and of course the Dow Japan men. Uh yeah, I mean we can we can definitely see some of that. I mean, who was at gape Kid from uh Do Japan just wrestled in uh Ring of Honor.
Speaker 2: Oh really just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just matter of fact. He was the guy that if you if you remember, the news broke a couple of weeks ago that Anthony Henry had corners spectoral muscle. Oh yeah, yeah, that's what he was wrestling with gay Kid that it was nothing the kid did. It was just a you know, a freak stretch. I mean, it happens. That's the thing about with the torn pecks. Well, that kind of thing happens. It's never like it's never like a oh, somebody botched something. It's just a freak accident.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. And he's older, he's forty, Anthony Henry. He's no spring chicken. But yeah, that's really cool. And the Young Bucks I just saw they had I think at the New Japan show there was a little promo package of them saying that they're going to be defending on the titles that wrestle Dynasty, right, not defending the titles, just appearing. But yeah, they're already setting these things up. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Where the Golden Levers come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, to be honest with you, I think Russell Dynasty is going to be one of the most important shows that AW participates in because I think I said this last week or a couple of weeks ago, I think it's very important for AW to send challengers to these matches at Russell Dynasty and lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's time to pay it forward.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Have they been doing that? Because Tony Tony Storm just went to start him in Japan and lost. So that sets up mayue Watani. We're coming to AW and doing this doing the favor pay it forward. You've got to build up these companies. You've got to have women like Tony Storm going to start them and been putting over to start them. Talent. You've got to have Byou Evitani and you know, a zm and or a Zumi uh am Nakano do what they've been doing. Mina shar Kama come over to a W and put over a W talent, and that's good, but you've also got to you've got to reciprocate. That's my point, all right, So let's move on. We're gonna go ahead and do a pot Pourrie segment and basically what the pot pirisse segment is is that you could talk about anything you want to talk about. Uh, and I'm gonna talk about I'm gonna go first, and I'm going to talk about the Internet wrestling community because things have started to I've seen some changes in the Internet wrestling community and it's been mostly for the better. I think that aw fans and WWE fans are starting to actually get each other now. I've seen some interesting stuff. And by the way, aw fandhub our little subreddit is about to hit six k members. So if you are not a member of aw fan, please click that subscribe button or join button or whatever you want to call it, because that would help us get through six k and that would be really nice. So that's what I wanted to say, is that I really do see a change a little bit for the positive in the IWC on reddit. Look, Twitter is accessible. There are too many people with those little blue check marks on Twitter that have discovered that they can make money by getting engagement, interaction, profile views, whatever you want to call them, and they post the most preposterous stuff that they can in order to get cheap bops is the best way to put it. Twitter is an absolute or x as a absolute cesspool. But that's my that's my thing that I wanted to bring up for property.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, no, I'm just going to agree with you Kelson. Yeah, I feel like people have kind of maybe it's part of AW getting this new deal announced and they're they're going to be sticking around for a little while. Some people have learned they have to accept that. But yeah, I feel like people just understand, Hey, they're two different products, WWE and a w There's a lot of crossover fans of both, but there's a lot of people that just enjoy one or the other and you don't need to hate the other company for.
Speaker 1: Whatever, you know what. Ales one of the things I want to point out, You look at the stuff credits. Let's just because aw fanom is built around discorded and Reddit. Look at the subredits for AAW and look at the subreddits that are general pro wrestling and look at the subreddits that are WWE based. You add up all the members of all the subreddits, and they don't add up to what AAW gets in viewers on their shows each week, you know, for each program. And then of course that being said that they don't even come close to coming to what you know, Rod SmackDown get. My point is that the Internet wrestling wrestling community on Reddit is a Haltrey fraction of the people that are watching these shows and keeping up with them. The opinions may be valid, some of them may be invalid. That's all matter opinion. Some of them may be from trolls, and some of them may not be. The point is is that if you if it's not a religion, it's not law. When it's something is said by the IWC on Reddit, it's just a small fraction of an opinion of the people that are actually watching these wrestling showows. It's a very small fraction. So I just wanted to leave that there. Anybody else, I'm a POTPORI.
Speaker 6: I guess I'll go.
Speaker 5: So Jay White says he's on like this revenge tour, and after he beat Hangman at wrestled Dream in his post match interview backstage or whatever you want to call it, he was saying like, now I've checked number one off my list. Now I'm coming after number two. You don't know when I'm gonna come around.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 5: Striker and all that type of stuff, and then Tony Kahan tweets out flat out like, yeah, Christian Cage was number two and we're doing the match on Wednesday. I'm like, no, don't do that. Like I probably could have figured out it was Christian Cage, but I would have liked it to develop more. Have j White stalk a few different people, keep it a little bit of a mystery, and then not necessarily a full gear. But on a later episode of Dynamite, that's when you do Jay White versus Christian Cage. Don't just come out right away and say, oh, yeah, Christian Cage was number the mystery number two person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could rollins on social media. I mean you could see a large about of people more than normal collectively rolling their eyes on social media. But Tony Kahn kind of ruined that whole kind of what were you said? You know, he just announced it and kind of took the mystery out of it.
Speaker 5: Like I was genuinely interested in the story, and I'm like, I could see a number of different people being this mystery opponent for j White. Sure some of them are currently in storylines right now. I get it, But like I was thinking somebody, like, for example, Swerve Strickland or.
Speaker 6: Like MJF for.
Speaker 5: Example, just to name a couple and then for you to come out and just go, oh, yeah, it's Christian Cage.
Speaker 1: I'm like, really, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Did he actually say that that's his next revenge person or did they just get a match?
Speaker 1: Well, when you look at the match, it's kind of a big match. It's not like a job or anything. It's Christian Cage.
Speaker 6: I can find the exact tweet for you and read it.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's what I just I just wondered if he actually came out and said this is his number two on his list, or if it was just done a mass not.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, say number two. But you know.
Speaker 3: The tweet Christian having a problem with the Bang Bang Gang, but not necessarily Jay White, because the only time he really interacted with them, White was hurt.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, in Time's tweet, it says, after a monumental win versus Hangman at Wressel Dream, Jay White aims for revenge on the second man who cost him the owen Hard Tournament, Christian Cage on TBS this Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 3: That was dumb, But you.
Speaker 5: Know, it takes so much a lot of the scheme of the story in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, does anybody else up with potpourrie? I do so.
Speaker 4: I want to get props to uh to j R. He did an article that did an article out. He was speaking of his podcast or what he called out.
Speaker 6: He called out the.
Speaker 4: Mercedes Monnette problem, said that she's not connecting with him at least. And I want to say, you know, sometimes you have to go against the grain of your own company that you back and say maybe you need to work on her. And at least someone's saying, I know legions of fans, she has a popular following, but someone has to say that she's not or she used to be an n XT and something's missing.
Speaker 3: I think the thing that's missing with her is that she's trying to be the same as she was in WWE. She basically didn't change her character at all.
Speaker 4: He's always been that though. I mean, she and she needs a refresher well that in promo work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they put way too much on her shoulders based on her reputation instead of based on what she actually can do. That's just how I see it, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, anybody else have to have a potpourri?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I just have a quick one. I think the the ending of Russell Dream with Moxley beating Brian Danielson, just that moment that where everything just went quiet and Bryce Remsburg like threw up his hands after calling the match and put his hands in his face and he was so upset, and you know, it was like a horrible, dark, depressing moment, I think for everybody, and I just felt like that's something that AW sometimes is missing, just you know, like with Sting's finale was perfect for what it was, but it didn't really in the end. I yeah, I'm not saying anything bad about what happened with Sting, but the way that they handled Brian Danielson's the end of his career, it leaves there's now room for Darby Allen to carry that torch and get that heat back from John Moxley that's been built because of that moment. I think that it was tough and probably upset a lot of people, and a lot of people were disappointed with how it played out, But I think sometimes moments like that are important in wrestling to give people things to overcome later on, and so, uh yeah, I just I thought it was good for the health of AW in the long term. How they handled it.
Speaker 3: I think I could agree with that, and I think with the way Sting went out, you had to have him go out like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't get he didn't get that kind of respect anywhere else. He didn't get that kind of respect when he was in WWE. He didn't get that kind of respect when he's in TNA and Sting was. Sting was there as long as Flair was there. Sting was there back in the early days of w CWN before that, so you know, he's he is the icon. There's nobody else that ever had, will, ever had, or ever had the career this thing did. So you had to have him go out the way he did. It would have been horrible to have him go out any other way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, And it was things like, for sure, last match, whereas Brian Danielson's still maybe going to have other matches in the future, just not as full time guy.
Speaker 3: I almost guarantee you he's going to have his revenge when he's when he's healthy. You know that's coming someday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that's one of the aspects of wrestle dream that I haven't heard a lot people talk about, is the fact that like, yeah, we are you to turned on Darby Allen and he did the plastic bag, but you could he was so conflicted the whole time, like he really didn't want to do.
Speaker 2: It at the beginning. But once you're killing someone with the plastic bag over their head, I think you're you're.
Speaker 1: Pretty in Do you know this from experience?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can.
Speaker 1: Experience, you know, yeah, spisks, I can't say that word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a moment when you feel the life from your victim.
Speaker 1: When you're trying to strangle somebody to death. It's good to have experience, That's what Alex is saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And from experience, I can tell you that he was fully evil at that point.
Speaker 1: Well. One thing that people have been pointing out that I actually forgot about, but I did see if several people point this out, was I remember when Daniel Garcia was being teased as being a part of the Blackpool Combat Club. Brian Danielson kind of turned his back on Wheeler UTA at that time, And of course Brian Daniel Garcia did betray Brian Danielson. But we'll back and look at it. Danielson kind of drove Wheeler You to nuts. With that whole thing and left them out to dry a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: But anyway, well let's call this a show. We've got Dynamite on Wednesday night. There's gonna be a lot going on that we will be talking about it on All the Talk with the aw fanhab podcast team. We're gonna just give our thoughts on everything that happens on Dynamite. I'm really looking forward to this Dynamite because there's so much story that could happen. And might we see Bobby Lashley tomorrow night on Dynamite. Who knows? U can't wait to see what and hear what Adam Cole and John Moxley have to say. So, hey, there's a lot to look forward to. And well, we will be doing our live chat on the aw pat up subreddit. Don't join us for that. Thanks for listening. Everybody forty a w fan podcast team. This is Kelson, This is Alex. Good night everybody.
Speaker 3: Hey guys,