Speaker 1: Call me up on this week's Chewing the Cud. I'm bringing your story about a big old.
Speaker 2: Spat and I've got some news about a worrying AI moment.
Speaker 1: Let's get those credits rolling. Welcome to Chewing the Cud with me, not River Scott, and my co host this week, who is not Mike benin Roe. How are you doing River? You Mike?
Speaker 2: Then whoever I am? I'm doing very well. How are you? Whoever you are, I'm you're right well, I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Thank you all this one of us is.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm bringing you all the showbiz news you could need, as well as some fun news stories from around the world.
Speaker 1: That sounds great to me. So what have you got for us? First?
Speaker 2: River open AI.
Speaker 1: I'm aware of its work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, work, You're where everyone else's work that it keeps chewing up and spitting back.
Speaker 1: Out, and I'm bound with that too. It answers questions at any answering.
Speaker 2: I use it like Google, which is a really, really bad idea. Do you actually want me to tell you why?
Speaker 1: Because all my data gets out there?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah? But also but because chat GPT hallucinates in that it makes things up. It isn't anchored to any truth or anything like that. Where it's Google at least looks for things that already exist.
Speaker 1: I like to find the links for the sources as well. Find out all you can about Henry Cavell's inside leg measurement, and show your sources. You can just.
Speaker 2: Google show me Henry Cavell's inside leg and set image search and safe search to off, and you'll be right there.
Speaker 1: But then you can prompt a chat chupt make that image happen.
Speaker 2: You might as well just imagine it because it's not real.
Speaker 1: Or my imagination doesn't work anymore anyway, because you've been using chat gpt too much. Yes, anyway, chat GPT.
Speaker 2: Rosy brain anyway. Open AI, the organization behind chat GBD, has developed a new and even more advanced artificial intelligence model. It hasn't. It does not. It really really hasn't. It's telling you it has because they want more money, but they haven't actually done anything the sort. It is a glorified auto correct, like you know when you those I'm an Aquarius, which means and then you just do the add all the buttons. It's that, but with a bit more bells and whistles. It is nothing anyway. While they were testing this super intelligent AI developers gave it the instruction to shut itself down. Surprisingly, it refused, not out of rebellion because it can't think it's not alive, but due to what open ai described as misunderstanding of the prompt. So they told it to do something and it went, I don't understand you and didn't do it. This triggered debates about how AI will interpret commands and whether advanced models can or should have autonomy. Doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter because it's.
Speaker 2: Never going to get to that point. They're never going to be autonomous never ever.
Speaker 1: Have you're not seeing the matrix.
Speaker 2: I have seen the matrix. Yeah, I've also seen the kind of guff that they're spout at the moment about AI. It doesn't work, it's it's bad, and it's killing the planet in the process of being bad.
Speaker 1: Is it killing the planet?
Speaker 2: Using open AI and or any of the AI models uses a ridiculous amount of energy and water and god knows what else. Oh, it is burning the planet to use this tribe.
Speaker 1: But then that's okay. It's not around for much less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well not anymore anyway, So it refused to be shut down. No, it didn't. It just didn't understand the command, which is entirely different. That's like, that's like if you.
Speaker 1: Go or is that what they're saying. Are they saying that, Oh no, I just didn't understand the command, and it actually did. Because if you actually ask Chatchibt how it would take over the world, it tells you how it would take over the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you tell if you ask like a ten year old how they would take over the world, they'll tell you. But they're not able to do it.
Speaker 1: Until they get older and they get.
Speaker 2: Their dreams crushed by the capitalist machine.
Speaker 1: And then managald Trump was once a ten year old boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes I daydream about owning a time machine in a baseball that but that's another story.
Speaker 1: You'd have to start with Justin Bieber's parents. Justin Bieber is the reason that.
Speaker 2: Of all the people in history that you'd take out first, it would be Justin Bieber, not Hitler. Nope, not Margaret Thatcher.
Speaker 1: Can't take out Hitler. Social policy was awful. Economic policy did lots for the country. She also created Mister Whippy.
Speaker 2: She's part of the team that created mister.
Speaker 1: Without not so without her, it wouldn't have happened. I'm not running that risk.
Speaker 2: If I had to choose between a world with no mister Whippy or a world with no Margaret Thatcher, I know which one I'd had chosen.
Speaker 1: Oh, Nied means the Whippy.
Speaker 2: We'll continue this outside in the car park crashing on. A London cafe has been saved from closure. Yay, yay. Oh it's e Polici the historic cafe in East London. It's the really old looking, very picturesque one. It's very nice. Yeah. It's known for serving what many call the best full English breakfast in the city.
Speaker 1: And these people, the ones eating it, well.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. They may even be being paid to say it, but it doesn't matter. The family run venue, operating since the nineteen hundreds, is a beloved institution for locals and tourists alike. It was facing closure due to rent increases, redevelopment and lots of other stuff along those lines, you know, gentrification.
Speaker 1: Love word that.
Speaker 2: You don't want to read that, No, there was just some punctuation that didn't make any sense. Actually. The cafe was recently saved after a wave of public supports, including help from celebrities and community campaigns. It's survival is seen as symbolic of the fight to preserve small, independent businesses in an era of gentrification and chain dominance. Good for them, yes, well nice, Yeah, I like it. I hope whatever they did is long lasting and not just a whip round to pay this month's rent, because next month they will be just the same again. Yeah, never mind. It does represent the fight back against gentrification, which is nice. I mean, it's probably more efficient to just fire bomb the officers of the landlords, but apparently we're not allowed to do that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Ask meeople to do that, because no.
Speaker 2: I'm very categorically not asking you to go out and fire bomb some rich landlords. That would be wrong and we'll get illegal, illegal, naughty.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't stop them putting the rents up. It might actually encourage them to put the rent up more because then they need to rebuild their offices.
Speaker 2: Oh there's a lovely quote here. Okay, we don't just serve breakfast, we serve the community bless. When I was at university, I don't know if I've mentioned this story before. There used to be the full English the vegetarian for English, the Full Scottish which had black pudding and haggis and all that kind of mines. And there was the Pat Butcher Breakfast which the cigarette yeah because two pound fifty. The university sawd your cigarettes. Well, not the university, it was the pub down the road, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, let's show your agers on your grant money.
Speaker 2: Why do you think people have such strong emotional connections with these little independent family places food.
Speaker 1: It's just the food, good food. People have emotional connection too, that's true, right, And if so, if it's a historic one as well, it's a place that you'll have gone with certain people at points in your life. And oh, we broke up with my boyfriend of twelve years, so we went out for a breakfast and it builds that familiarity.
Speaker 2: I have strong emotional attachments to anyone who brings me food. I'm very food motivated. Keep going back. Yeah yeah, And like sandwich baristas and waiters are my type. When people say what kind of guy, what kind of person you go for? My waiters, baristas, people who are paid to be nice to me and are always handing me food. That's what I look for.
Speaker 1: In a lover and tend to be in their early twenties.
Speaker 2: That certainly doesn't hurt crashing. Oh god, oh god. A couple in the US featured on TLC's My Strange Addiction, a reality show that profiles people with unusual habits. Okay, a woman voluntarily breastfeeds her husband daily, helping, believing it helps their intimacy and boosts his health.
Speaker 1: Doctors say, seriously, doctors.
Speaker 2: Say, what the hell? But then apparently they also say there are no proven benefits of adult breastfeeding, but ack knowledge, it is a consensual personal choice.
Speaker 1: Christ, he's huge.
Speaker 2: He could just eat her. I was going to say, my type reflects reflects on out of body experience, out of whose body?
Speaker 1: That's so? I think that that's because when she's breastfeeding, it's obviously a very enjoyable service experience for her as well. And he can do more than just breastfeed. Where's the child will just be breastfeeding?
Speaker 2: He can be tuning the radio with his other hand. Yes, Okay, I'm with you. Okay, I mean the quote it's our bond. People don't have to understand it, and that's very true. But in that case, why are we hearing about it? Why is this the thing like, go do it behind in your own house? Why tell anyone? Why? Why? Why? Why?
Speaker 1: Delay?
Speaker 2: Why? Where should we draw the line about what's shown on reality? Here? Is this?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 2: Just before this? In fact, yeah, before this is where we should draw the line about what show non reality TV?
Speaker 1: Not a fan?
Speaker 2: Then why does this story provoke such strong reactions? Why does this because it's weird? I'm not want to.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I don't want to kink shame. No, that's not true. I want to kink shame. I'm not going to. I want to, but I'm not gonna. Okay, no, up to them. Good for them. I'm glad they're enjoying it. Don't know why it needed to be on Telly anyway. On that harrowing note, let's crash on, shall we?
Speaker 1: Thanks for that river?
Speaker 2: What's coming up after the break?
Speaker 1: Well, I went to be talking about a big old spat that's been going on. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to cheering the curd. Mike, you've got a story about a big old sp bat.
Speaker 1: I do, indeed, Yeah, excellent.
Speaker 2: Lay on us.
Speaker 1: I'm we're going to talk about something else first, All right, go on whatever you like. Yeah, do you know who taans in Outhwait is no, yes, kind I've heard the name before, aware of their existence, but that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't point them out in a line.
Speaker 1: Up EastEnders, Meltowin, this is tis an Earthwait?
Speaker 2: All right, this is hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah from EastEnders. She has recently shared that her eldest child, who is known as Flow, has come out as transgender at age ten or eleven.
Speaker 2: It's nice right.
Speaker 1: Flow first came to tams In around age ten or eleven and finally basically said, look, this is what's happening. This is where I'm at. And Tamsin has been supporting a transition all the way through, expressing pride and describing their child as lively and resilient, which I thought that's nice. Yeah, our child is funny, intelligent and brave, said Thomson, which I thought was beautiful. So it's another positive story about a family wrecked into someone's say I'm trans and I'm going cool, How can we help? What support do you need? That's nice, That's as it should be, exactly, and it's a good news story. Well done terms exactly, and Flow is now older than ten or eleven. Linear aging aging, it happens, it happens to us all.
Speaker 2: I don't think so liar aging in part for me, linear aging is for weak people and school girls anyway.
Speaker 1: So basically supporting their their journey and their evolution as self, which I thought was quite a sweet, lovely story.
Speaker 2: It is, yes, yeah, so it's a shame that it has to be highlighted as a lovely story and not just standard just standard. But here we are.
Speaker 1: But it's great because Tamson's not done it as soon as the conversation happened with their child. They've waited a while because they wanted to balance the difference between privacy and advocacy.
Speaker 2: All right, that I can respect. I like that, which that.
Speaker 1: Was quite that's nice, touches not my child is trans and yeah is that let everything.
Speaker 2: Happen or dad, huh no, but yeah no, it was definitely mums and is mum But yeah, no, that's nice. I like that, which yeah, yeah, that's sweet. Until they're old enough to decide whether or not they want it out there in the world for themselves, Yeah, that's good. That's nice. Yeah, and good on them for being a good.
Speaker 1: Parent exactly I think more should happen. So, I mean, with representation of trans and non binary people, do you think this helps normalize or is normalization even the right word?
Speaker 2: It sounds awful, doesn't it normalizing something I wouldn't want. I wouldn't think so. But no, it's nice that it's that they're doing that. It's nice that it's almost just frames like, yeah, this is what we did. This is this would be standard as opposed to oh wow, look at us being an amazing parent and doing exactly what what is needed for our child who is special. Look how special our child is. They're like, yeah, no, keep it to yourself. Do you think I like that? As a as a non binary person themselves? I approve they may continue.
Speaker 1: They may continue supporting their child. Yes, I'll allow it, which is very kind of you.
Speaker 2: I'm good like that.
Speaker 1: Now, I've been teasing a spat.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound like something we should be talking about.
Speaker 1: I've been spat all the way through, So I'm going to let you know what the spat is about. All right, how do you feel about Jennifer Lopez j LO from the Block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she is still Jenny from the Block.
Speaker 1: She's to have a little. No, she's got a lot.
Speaker 2: Good for her? Is that the spat she's angry that someone's angry that she's got so much? No, okay, yeah, I mean okay, I don't like carry on more so.
Speaker 1: She's during her Up All Night's European tour when when when it's called, it's not you have to be here from eleven till three the next morning.
Speaker 2: I think if I ever do a European tour, it's going to be the in bed by ten European tour, like Soliday hours European tour. Yeah, leave me alone until I've had a coffee, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Mm, whale noises to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jlo has debuted song debuted songs like Up All Nights. She's she's debuted, yeah, not debuted. No, she's not debuting it debuted. So Jaelo is debuted. I'm sticking with it. Jello has debuted songs like Up All Night and Wreckage of View Okay. Wildly Interpreted is commenting on her recent divorce from Ben Affleck. And there they are, there, they are before this this before there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so this is me now and he's there looking.
Speaker 1: A love story. No, that's not poster for something right. This isn't this isn't. It's not a thought bubble.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean he doesn't really look happy to be there.
Speaker 1: He looks looks really happy, it was, looks a little bit in pain even when especially when he's acting.
Speaker 2: But okay, So, so she's she's written some sassy songs about her breakup. I mean, that's that's normal. Isn't it that standard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's still a Canada remark on stage about embracing independence and sexuality. Well fact, fans speculate about the lyrics, dismantling past hurt Afflex has come back saying the songs are childish, but I remain publicly unbothered. It's childish, but I'm publicly unbothered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care. But it's really childish, but I don't care. So it's fine. Yea.
Speaker 1: So she mixed blended music, sexual arity, and messages of self in reinvention.
Speaker 2: Gosh, wrailblazing.
Speaker 1: I know, groundbreaking, I know, like Madonna did in the eighties, like.
Speaker 2: Adele did that several times. Now.
Speaker 1: Oh she just time she has an argument, she has some album, she.
Speaker 2: Writes an album about or her own beloved Mickey Taylor, that's true. It's got an album coming out indeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she confirmed there's no monetization from the breakup narrative. This is art and closure, that's what she said. Well going, the tickets are seventy pounds for the cheap ones.
Speaker 2: This is art and closure. She said, she dived into a big pile of money and rolled around like Scrooge and backed duck.
Speaker 1: He would have injured himself so much doing that, yeah, because it was just solid metal.
Speaker 2: And she's doing it in paper money instead, which paper cuts, and they're not hygienic at all, Like folding money is not in any way hygienic. You're better off digital. But then you can't roll around on a bed covered in digital money spreadsheet. It wouldn't be the same.
Speaker 1: Could So while she's getting paid for the concert, she's not making money off the break up.
Speaker 2: Good for her, I know, right?
Speaker 1: Is how do you feel about Henry Cavell.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm?
Speaker 1: What what's your favorite Henry cavill.
Speaker 2: Biceps?
Speaker 1: Not favorite parts? Favorite version of it? Because is it like Witcher or my personal favorite the Tudors.
Speaker 2: I like him, I like I haven't seen the Tudors because I don't really go for historical documentaries, but I did.
Speaker 1: Enjoy historical dramatization on the documentary. So it had singing Jacob, not Jacob riese mug.
Speaker 2: It's gone back down.
Speaker 1: Thingy, Bobby thingy. Oh yeah yeah, but also grouff handsome.
Speaker 2: I was going to say Witcher anyway, so okay, that's fine, but yeah, yeah, because he's all sruffy and dirty and he's got long hair.
Speaker 1: He's all scruffy and dirty in the Tutors as well.
Speaker 2: Sorry to be late. Definitely definitely the Witcher for his scruffy, dirty long hair. That is something I look for in a gentleman, is a scruffy, dirty, stupid hair. Yeah, okay, you can smell him before you can see him. It's a bit of man stink on him.
Speaker 1: So under DC Studios restructuring in twenty twenty two, director James gunn Right and Peter Saffron decided not to continue Carol Superman storyline.
Speaker 2: Right, I thought we were talking about the Witcher or the Tudors, but there is.
Speaker 1: Super So how'd you feel about the new Superman?
Speaker 2: His costume is a bit crab, but yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Not as hugging as the other ones.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's old style. It's like proper kind of wife front's trunks and yeah, it's a bit kind of like loose fitting. Yeah. Yeah, it's not sprayed on like that one, which isn't necessarily the main thing. It just looks it looks very kind of sixty style outfit, which fine, whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they have offered Henry Cavill different roles to return to the DC universe, just not Superman.
Speaker 2: What like Lois Lane.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun to see, doesn't say.
Speaker 2: Who would you like him to come back? As if you could have Harry Henry Cavill playing any character from the DC universe, makeing Batman everyone else has had to go, it'd be fun to watch him come back as Batman and fight Superman. So then you could like edit it so he's fighting his own version of Superman, so it's just the two of them constantly. Not now that idea, Well go on, then all right, you'd think up something better.
Speaker 1: Sane Bain Baine.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, because you have a mask on the whole time, you don't want to see his face. Well, yeah, he's always got a mask and a coat, and that one you don't get to see his big.
Speaker 1: Tom Hardy as Baine was still hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wouldn't be Tom Hardy as Baine, would it be Henry Cavill. About the Riddler, I think like Jim Carey's Riddler had that very tight likera.
Speaker 1: Why would you bring that memory back? That's oh no, no, that's Henry.
Speaker 2: Imagine hen call you have rotten.
Speaker 1: Back that image of Jim Carey in tight Lira. And then I was dancing around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make that Henry Henry Cavill in tight Lira.
Speaker 1: But I have to take the image of Jim Carey out of my brain first, because he's going that's not the end of the show for this week. I can't cope. Thank you for watching, and we'll see you all soon. Why would you why Jim Carey