Speaker 1: By Billy cunning him the Great American. About three weeks ago I had on Congressman brad Winstrip and the parents of Jack Quell, who found himself in a situation on the East Coast three or four years after graduation, in which he was working doing his thing and a friend of him were using some cocaine which they should not have done. The parents have freely admit to that he was a graduate of Muller High School. Great kid, shouldn't have done it. He did it. And I had a deadly dose of fentanyl inside. And Jackquell died by himself, gasping for breath. And they have a foundation Do It for Jack, Do It for Jack dot com, which is out there. And I think today is National Fentanyl Awareness Day, and there's an explosive new documentary available from doctor Robert to Margaret Fentanyl Death Incorporated has taken America by storm. The numbers north of one hundred thousand Americans every year die of it. And doctor Robert Marbat, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show and explain to me how it started, where it came from the last few years as metastasized. And I think Donald Trump's behavior on the southern border certainly has held quite a bit and stemming the tide, but that's not going to stop it. Explain why this crisis is happening right now, Well.
Speaker 2: It really only started about fifteen years ago, and there's a direct tie between Purdue Pharma in the southwest border and the Mexican cartels. As we all remember that crisis that went on in all the lawsuits against the hospitals, doctors, pharmacies. So suddenly that drug supply dried up, the synthetic opioids, and they had millions of people on scripts, hundreds of thousands addicted. So China, working with the Mexican cartels, started bringing it across the southwest border and that was the start of the fentnyl crisis about fifteen years ago. Since then, it's evaulved as you start to tighten up, and President Trump has done an amazing job of closing down the southwest border, and he's also working on the northern border with the Canadian biker gangs who started to get into the business. And so as we close those borders down, we're going to have to also start working at the boards of entury. That it's natural that it will start to come through. And the other thing I'm really getting worried about is that people will start producing it internally because the United States, which is only about four and a half percent of the world's populations, consuming thirty eight percent of the worldwide supply of fitnel. So as you close down the borders, and by the way, the price has already started to climb. The price for one pill of a thirty milligram pill was way below a dollar. Now it's up in some parts of the country fifteen eighteen dollars. That means the border is working. It means it's tightened up. But what we don't want I have is now suddenly a gang down the street starting to produce it. And that's what I worry about. Will be the next phase here.
Speaker 1: So it's not required from Russia, or from China or from Iran. All countries who wish us ill. And the view of the Chinese government about the typical American is fat, lazy, fat, and flatulant. That's the view, and they won us dead. And hijio ping has been successful. So you're saying, even if we have some success with China not importing fentanyl. I read somewhere that someone can buy on Amazon at pill press for like one or two hundred dollars, and somebody could get into the fentanyl business quickly by buying a pill press and putting the fentanyl inside the drug, stamp something on it to make it look like an acceptable drug, and someone could be in the fentanyl business quickly. But where do they get the precursors? Where do they get the drug itself?
Speaker 2: Doctor, Well, the precursors or if you will, the active ingredients still are coming mostly from China. They're coming from a few other places, Pakistan, India, but China is about eighty percent of the precursors and now pre precursors. And so that's why you've still got to be tough on China. You got it cut down all the precursors, but we also got to be very aware that as you can get these precursors into the United States through a lot of different ways. I mean, some people were just mailing it into the United States and it wasn't getting checked. And that's what's so great about President Trump is he's taken this Sirius. He's gone after both borders, both in the northern and southern border. He's gone after the ports of injury is getting tighter at the airports and so. And we know that's working because the price of a pill was under a dollar just four or five six months ago, and now it's running about fifteen to eighteen in parts of the United States. So we now know the borders are getting tightened up. Now we have to then start focusing on our own gang activity inside the United States, because my prediction is that will start to shift into the local gangs or sort of the gang down the street will say, hey, I can get into that. I can make that profit now that the borders are tighter.
Speaker 1: So this fentanyl could be in marijuana, it could be in pills, it could be in cocaine, it could be in heroin. What is the motivation of a drug dealer, Let's say you're in the drug dealing business to kill your customer. I mean, I think about Jack Quill from Muller High School. Well, what is the motivation of killing your customer?
Speaker 2: Well, their motivation is pure money and they want to sell as much of it as they can. They are working really hard to try to lower the lethality of it so that people will live and buy more. But the problem with fentanyl, and like the other drug we ever seen, is the potency is so so powerful that no matter how much you cut it, it's still deadly. And and they're really working hard, like up in Kensington in Philadelphia that was the epicenter of a a version of fitno called trank, which is mixing horse tranquilizer with fitnyl. And the goal and think about that horse tranquilizer, that'd be bad enough, but we're going to mix it with fitnyl. But their goal is to make it less lethal so that you'll continue to buy. So they're really trying to lower the you know how potent this drug is. But finnel is so powerful, that's the problem. That's the hard part to do. But the high is so powerful. People crave that high that they'll do anything to get it, even if they know it's it might kill them. And and that's just mind boggling to me how we got here.
Speaker 1: Well, when I if I would take a salt and turn it upside down one time, how many minute grains of salt representing one little grain of fentanyl is too much?
Speaker 2: Well, two grains of salt would kill most anybody in fentanyl if it was any fentanyl equivalent, and three grains would kill anybody. Two, So two to three grains of salt would kill a person. Another way to think about it is a rice grain. An average rice grain will kill fifteen people.
Speaker 1: One grain of rice would kill And so that's the problem. When the drug dealers are mixing this, they may be a little bit off, and if they're a little bit off, they'll kill They'll kill the customer absolutely.
Speaker 2: And sometimes your batch, this is not done in white gloved lads, is perfectly mixed with titrations and all this this is done in back alleys and jungles, you know, back of burnout buses, And so you might have a batch that comes out and has very little fentanyl in it, and they've sold it to the customer and they're disappointed, and then another part of the batch may have more of it. The other problem we're starting to see is about seventy percent of all other illisted drugs are now starting to have traces of fitnyl in it. And if you have a trace of coke or math, that's bad for you. But the lethality level, the potency level is just not nearly what it is in fitnyl. That literally fitnyl dust will kill you. Fentanyl dust. You know, we've not seen that in any other drug that literally dust from making fentanyl will kill you.
Speaker 1: I'm not too active in the drug community, but I'm told by Cincinnati cops there are drug abusers. There are drug abuses on the street and they take their drugs, whether it's marijuana or whether it's a cocaine or heroin, anticipating it's filled with fentanyl. And they have a friend with narkham next to them, and if I pass out and don't come back, hit me with narkam. And so many people do not travel around with narkam on them. And now it's become a thing to have public institutions have narkham available if you at the library of police department. And there's a terrible problem in the inner cities of this great country of ours, with thousands of homeless individuals that are mentally ill and drug addicted, who will have a copious amounts of narkham available. So when they get that extra little grain of fentanyl in their heroine or in their marijuana and smoking it, even as you say the dust of a fentanyl can kill, they have someone available with Narkham. Would you encourage colleges, universities, more police departments, public libraries, employers to have narkam available.
Speaker 2: This is a real complex issue because in one side, you absolutely saved the person to live another day. The downside is it doesn't solve the problem in the long run. It doesn't even solve the problem in the intermediate run. It does solve it for that particular dosing or that overdose. And so to me, we got to set up a system where the narcan is in conjunction with treatment and recovery and that you go in. But unfortunately, especially the West Coast and a little bit in the Northeast, we've made it so easy to get high and so hard to get treatment. We got to flip that on the head and make it easy to get treatment hard to get high. So, if you're using narcan with a treatment and recovery protocol, makes all the sense in the world. But if we start using narcan is sort of a crutch to be able to use more drugs, that starts to become a big problem.
Speaker 1: The lethality of this particular drug. I'm am I correct to state that about seventy percent of illicit drugs of one type or another carries fentanyl inside. Is the great majority, whether it's marijuana, heroin, cocaine, myth, the great majority have fentanyl inside the.
Speaker 2: Drug exactly right. And that's why we can't just be talking about fitnel. We have to be talking about all illicit drugs and the fact that over two thirds of whatever illicit drug you have on the street is has fitnel in it. We really have to realize, how are you going to be lucky and get a non lethal dose? Because it literally is that you're going to be lucky. Because what I'm finding when I spend time out on the streets and working with the police officers and doing the outreach with the Homelessness Commune, a lot of the dealers don't even know fittnel was in it. You know, it was literally tainted. You know, it wasn't purposely laced, It wasn't like a marketing tool. It was that somebody when Thursday was making fetnyl and Friday they were making K two spice and it got cross contaminated and they literally don't know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lastly, there's a foreign policy element to this that I think you've addressed briefly in this interview relative to communist red China who want to kill Americans. And they also the Mexican drug cartels are making addition to human trafficking. With human trafficking now at the bottom. Because of Donald Trump, this is about the one hundred day, there's been a ninety seven percent reduction in illegal immigrants coming across the southern border. And so now, what is communist red China do If the price of these pills, instead of being a dollar, are going to be fifteen to eighteen dollars, what is communist red chrying to do? They view us as horrible, fat, lazy, and flatulent human beings that are incapable of governing their own passions and desiurs. So what is China? How do they react to the idea that the mules across the southern border are not going to be there anymore.
Speaker 2: So think about it from a China point of view. They're bringing in hard green cash, you know, heartback currency when they have a very weak currency, so they're getting money in. It doesn't cost them any money to do this, and they're destabilizing their number one adversaries, So they make money while destabilizing their adversary. I don't think they're going to pull up stakes and say all right, we're done that because a fifteen year run on fentanyl and we're out of here. I think they're going to start trying to find other ways to get the precursors. And now they're starting to specialize on what's called pre precursors, and they're trying to get it into our country. And so this is cat and mouse game. But it's not a game, is that's and so we absolutely have to be ready for them to start trying to get more through the airports, now more through the water ports on the east and west coast because President Trump is locked down the southwest border. It is a trickle. And the number I always follow, and I know it's a little bit wonky, is what's called the getaways. You know, how many people did they see on video or the sensors that they weren't able to get And at times that had been over a million a year. I think one time it's like one point eight million over the last four years. Don't hold me that, but I think there's a ballpark there. Now we're down to single digit getaways in a week on it. And so he has really done a great job on the southwest border. He's also working that part on the northern border. But that means our water ports and our airports, the Canadian frontier between Alaska and Canada. A lot of people forget that. The Canadian US is the longest linear border between any two countries in the world, ground border, and a lot of people forget that. So I think they're not going to pull up states. I don't think they're going to save the parties over. I think they're just going to find new ways to try to get it in. And we got to be adaptable and moved quickly to intervene.
Speaker 1: Doctor Robert Dermargaret. The documentary is Fentanyl Death Incorporated. You're with the Discovery Institute, and you've sounded the alarm again. Today, April the twenty ninth is National Fentanyl Awareness Day. Parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandparents got to be aware of what's out there. And I'm sure Jack Couell of Muller High School was completely unaware of what he was doing when he took that drug he shouldn't have taken, and he paid for it with his life. And there were two girls at co Edge from Ohio State did the same thing. They exchanged some dietary pills that looked right on the cover, but they turn out to be filled with fentanyl. You get your prescriptive drugs from the pharmacy and Forewarned is forearmed. And once again, doctor Robert Margaret, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, doctor, thanks for having me again. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more. And by the way, today is National FENTONL Awareness Day. Go to the website do it for Jack dot com. Do it for Jack and get all the information you need. On news radio seven hundred WLW