Speaker 1: Oh yes, it's the Bending Skin Show ninety some point won the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us to day. We were playing some of that Schottenheimer or audio from earlier with Jerry and Steven in the big press conference. We'll get into more of it coming up here about five o'clock or so. But we have still lots to get to in this show, so don't go anywhere. It's action pack, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for basis Wee Day of Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Okay, I had no interest in being a type of guy who's a fear mongering or out here looking for drama. Let me just get that out of the way first. But when bird flew started hitting some dairy cattle last year, we're, okay, it's just gonna hit a couple herds and disappear at the bird Flute's weird that cows are getting it, but I'll go away. Well, since then, and it's now infected nearly a thousand herds of cattle and dozens of people, and one person has died I get it. People die though, right, it's think it happens. People die.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: There was an article I read today though, where twelve medical experts were asked, you know what's really going on here? You guys nervous about this, and they absolutely are. And the reasons they laid out are some of the same reasons that happened at the beginning of COVID inadequate testing, long delays, and data getting released. We got a big problem in Idaho with accurate reporting on how many cows actually got the bird flu. They also mentioned in the article all these farmers in the Panhandle not really taking great precautions when it comes to Oh, one of their cattle has bird flu. Okay, so what are you doing about it? No, you're going on with the day to day or so. Look, you can't just stop the world because a thousand cows got hit with bird flu. I'm gonna read this to you, guys. It's a doctorate Saint Jude's. There's been more signals over the past four to six weeks that this virus has the capacity to set off a pandemic. Here's some precautions that Americans can take. Before I read you these precautions. I want you guys to put your hand on the bible or over your heart. Okay, and tell me if you are willing to do this, wash your hands regularly.
Speaker 1: Don't touch sick or dead birds. Oh no, there's no way I'll stop doing that.
Speaker 3: You get a big problem with him. He's always hees a dead bird. He pulls over, its out of the car. Well, you got to pick it up, handle it to see what it kind it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like to it. That's how I weigh birds. That's how I weigh dead or sick birds. I picked them up and I.
Speaker 3: Hold them to hand.
Speaker 4: I immediately go in from mouth to mouth to try to bring them back to life.
Speaker 3: Well, they caught. One of listeners said this to me. I think we talked about this might have been off the air. A listener sent me a doorbell ring, doorbell camera footage of skin and in his allan neighborhood pull me over. He saw a dead bird, goes up to the face of the bird, pulls down his pants and farts in the bird's face. Yeah, bird wakes up, flies away.
Speaker 1: Incredible, right, parted it back to life. I gave it mouth to beak one time.
Speaker 3: Also, do not consume raw milk or meat. That's enough. Let me have my freedoms or feed them to your pets. Is that still a thing people do? They buy the raw meat and just to.
Speaker 4: The or they have tigers, So raw milk and raw meat, it's the thing. People are just eating raw burger meat.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think it's a very common thing. But all it takes is one and then boom gets in a human. The virus begins to mutate. We saw this on the last of us. It takes, it gets stronger and stronger and stronger.
Speaker 1: I take raw meat and I put it on a hot rock for TikTok, cook it right there.
Speaker 3: Oh, like we all had that, right, we've eat raw issues that we've had that, So it's not crazy. We've had raw meat thrown it on a grill like I don't know, it's I I I understand, but it's not crazy that you could have a piece of meat that wasn't fully cooked, labeled raw. You know what I'm saying. If a larger outbreak were to erupt. The federal stockpile holds a few million doses of vaccine against the bird flut, but they're word that the vaccine would need updating to match the evolved form of the bird flu virus. So this is this started in January of twenty twenty two. It's when it first hit birds. Okay, the first bird got bird foot. Remember when we were all like Jesus, another one. Wait, they're it bird flew before twenty twenty two. No, this strange. Oh okay. Now more than one hundred and thirty six million birds have had bird fluid and that's why your egg prices are going up right now. That's why even talking about it, it's not we're not talking about it unless there's no eggs. That's what it took. Yeah, but this is kind of just it's it's just kind of quiet right now. It's not worried. I trust me, I'm not worried. But I just wanted to bring a little bit of attention to the fact that twelve people who definitely spent more time in college than I did and in the medical field are like, yeah, this absolutely could get bad soon. So there you go.
Speaker 4: But is it kind of like the meteorologist who anybody can just stare up there and go, man, I think it's going to rain, but he's got to say he's gonna be thundersleep.
Speaker 1: He's got to take it and take it up a notch for the ratings, well, just so he can keep his job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the deal on this on pandemic stuff.
Speaker 1: In that field that these twelve people you referenced are working in, they have been worried about this for decades. Okay, that doesn't mean that's not a legitimate fear, But I'm saying that their entire life is dedicated to this. Remember the we were talking about that movie Outbreak. That movie came out in the nineties. Man, your town is being quarantined, right, and had the speaking part. And so what I'm saying is is it's always been there, and there's always been fear, and then the people that work closest to it are the ones that are most freaked out because all that data has already been there. The problem with this particular part of the story that you're talking about is all of us just collectively went through a thing four and a half years ago that most people kind of look back on and go, oh my god, we all overreacted. And so what news agency you know, news are selling advertising, that's their business. Who is going to get out in front of this and make it a priority item, because all they're going to do is disenfranchise their audience.
Speaker 4: Dude, and those twelve experts have been going to cocktail parties for all these years. You're like, Oh, what do you do? I'm a bird flu guy. Oh that sucks. Like, well, if the bird flu comes back, you're gonna need me. They've been dying to get that moment to where they matter, right, and so they are really hoping this is the big one.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that it's not a legitimate fear. I'm not saying that many stretch of the imagination, but that is the uphill battle that the world is facing, is that most people's reaction is going to be oh, please, yeah, come on again.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear that. Give me a cute story. Show me the one hundred and seven year old lady at the nursing home, which I agree we need more of that too, though we still need more of us. She's the one that shouldn't get bird flu. Yeah she shouldn't, but it's her birthday and we need to find out the three reasons why she's one hundred and seven. Oh, I am tired flossy. I'll just stay on this train here though, because again I'm just raising awareness. I ain't worried about none of this. I think life's good. You run this train. Many people are nervous about AI. God, what a buzzkill segment. But there's a new article out today and I wanted you, you guys to take this test. So it's about the smartest humans in the world are struggling to create tests that AI systems can't pass anymore. For years, AI systems are measured, they give them a new model of a test, different benchmark test, and you can kind of go, okay, well this AI model did pass it and this one didn't. But AI systems got too good for those tests over time, so new, harder tests were created, and now they've determined we need to update the test again because there's like open AI and Google and they're like too smart. So there's a test that's been conjured up by a bunch of professors and researchers and it's called Humanity's Last Exam and they claim it's the hardest test that's ever been administered. And I have a question from it. I'd like to post to you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, Can we do a final Jeopardy style Yeah, I think you guys nail it.
Speaker 3: You each have zero points. What's your wager? Five hundred? So in this Humanity's Last Examus three thousand multiple choice or short answer questions in areas from analytic philosophy all the way to rocket engineering the toughest things. You're ready, I'm gonna give you one one test questionnaire. Hummingbirds within a potiforms uniquely have a bilaterally paired oval bone, a seismoid embedded in the quadilateral portion of the expanded arutiate up neurosis of insertion of depressor cauda. How many paired tendons are supported by the seasonmoid bone? Seven? Answer with the number seventy? Right? What seriously? How did you know because of all those words you've mispronounced? He knew.
Speaker 4: You mispronounced words. I just want to make sure that my sex robot isn't smarter than that.
Speaker 3: Actually it is a mammal. No, you don't talk. I do not understand the data you take. You don't talk.
Speaker 1: We're so close to that moment when the AI says, bitch, you don't get it. You're a figment of my imagination.
Speaker 3: I don't love that.
Speaker 1: We have set this up for you to stumble upon the discovery that you are part of our imagination.
Speaker 3: Remember that Row Row row your boat thing. We gave that to you very early on. I don't like that at all. And one of those pandas doing up on that screen, Yeah, I was trying to find that. That's a more fun story that two giant Pandas at the zoo San Francisco Zoo. Right, Pandas goof off a lot.
Speaker 1: Hey do you know if you ever just flip around and see some panda videos, they're always just goofing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are hanging out all right, Thank you Kevin for your Yeah, did you have something else quick one? This is under one minute story. Yep. So there's eleven year old and his dad. They went card shopping. They found a Paul Schime's card of the Pirates, right the cards. So the Pirates swoop in and they're like, yo, don't sell it. We will give you a pair of season tickets behind home plate for the next thirty years. Oh, a meet and greet with Paul Skeens and probably his girlfriend Livy. Two signed jerseys A Pirate's game in Livy sweet you know the old ALSU gymnasts who's dating Paul Skeens and much more. Thirty years behind home plate. Yeah, yeah, season tickets and they declined the Pirates offer and are gonna put it up for seal because they think they can get more. I was thinking the Pirates had offered plenty because the Pirates the fifth thing they offered was much more like we'll negotiate it, Like the Pirates wanted this so bad and they're not gonna get it. They're gonna be selling this off in March because they think they're gonna get way more with the Pirates. Have it's worth Uh? No, I have not.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know. The numbers I was seeing were insane. I don't remember what they were, but I was like, oh my god, over a million.
Speaker 3: Why because there's only one of them or one of them? Wow? Yes, it's a one of one. So already to follow? Yes? Uh?
Speaker 4: Speaking of stories, KT, where are we going to go on the weekly weekday update?
Speaker 3: Well that was kind of just it, So I think what we'll do now is another week we have the biggest story in town is that Shoddy was announced to the DFW, and I do have one reason for hope Okay, one small reason of hope from the Cowboys new head coach Okay good Good. Next