Speaker 1: So today, Hillary Clinton spoke with US House lawmakers in a closed door deposition important remember closed door deposition, and said that she had absolutely no knowledge of Epstein or Maxwell's crimes. Now, before we get into what she said, we have to actually start with the drama that exploded literally minutes after the deposition started. Representative Lauren Bolbert Well got to leave it to good old Lauren Bobert to send a photo to Bennie Johnson of Hillary Clinton, which Dopey Penn ended up reposting on his social media account. Let me show you this is what Benny john breaking the first image of Hillary Clinton testifying under oath about Jeffrey Epstein to the Republican Oversight Committee. This is the first time Hillary has had to answer real questions about Epstein. Clinton does not look happy photo provided by Representative Lauren Bobert's way to literally throw her on to the bus. Now, he then posted another photo that clearly, despite despite the fact he already said who did it, that clearly showed that Bobert is the one who took the photo. Let me show you this one. Yeah, I think we know exactly who it came from. Now, let's be clear about something the Clinton's actually asked for their deposition to be open to the public, but James Comer, he said no. For a GOP member of Congress to then post a photo, well, let's just say it, it's ironic. Deposition was paused once people saw the social media post play the clip.
Speaker 2: Advisor to Secretary Clinton.
Speaker 3: This is Hillerine is a advisor to President Clinton.
Speaker 1: The hearing just went off the record for a moment because.
Speaker 2: It seemed that some of you may have seen that there was some.
Speaker 3: There were some photographs shared on social media, which is against Chamber of that were read at the.
Speaker 4: Top of the meeting.
Speaker 2: So the hearing has been paused briefly while they figure out where the photo came from and why possibly members of Congress are violating how fool.
Speaker 5: So we'll keep you updated.
Speaker 2: We just wanted to share what that means inside. Yeah, I'm actually saying that.
Speaker 4: Can you explain what the picture is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you look, if you.
Speaker 3: Look on your Twitter feed, you know who came from.
Speaker 2: It came from Benny Johnson, he said. Lauren Bover gave yeah, look at.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 5: We'll be back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, it's not going to take too much investigatory work. To figure that one out, mind you. Hillary Clinton even asked Comer if the press then could come in since the photo was already shared, play.
Speaker 6: That clip, all right, a broker this deposition, Clinton basically asked for Comer to have press come in for the rest of the deposition. You'll remember that the Clintons wanted to do this publicly anyway. Very hard to see what the distinction is between posting pictures in real time but saying that you can't do a public hearing. I think we're going to end up hearing more about that from the Clinton side and from Democrats as today goes on. There was also the point where she asked comer, can the press come in for the rest of the deposition?
Speaker 2: He said no.
Speaker 6: I think for folks who covered the Clinton campaign in twenty sixteen, the idea of Hillary Clinton asking for more press to be around certainly as a turn of the dial that they would have liked ten years ago. But that request obviously denied, and the deposition is now continuing as it was, which is behind closed doors and for we don't know how long.
Speaker 1: Still, Yeah, let me be crystal clear. If Lauren Bobert acknowledges that she did it. She's going to end up having to answer answered definitively for that one. And welcome back to The Michael Cohen Show on our continued journey to a million subscribers. Let's get there, so hit subscribe, watch, come, and share because all of this stupidity, if you even read my substack of today, this stupidity has to stop. I also want, on a programming note, remind you that while both Maya Kulpa and Politics Beat Down are no longer shown on the Midas Touch Network, those shows are They're still available. They're not going anywhere, and they're available right now on my YouTube channel right here, The Michael Cohen Show or wherever you get your podcasts now. Look. Like I said at the top of this video, Hillary said that she didn't know about the Epstein crimes. She later, of course, posted her opening statement on social media, and I actually want to read you part of it. In it, she turns around and she writes, as I stated in my sworn declaration on January thirteenth, I had no idea about their criminal activities. I do not recall ever encountering mister Epstein. I never flew on his plane or visited his island homes or offices. I have nothing to add to that. Like every decent person, I have been horrified by what we have learned about their crimes. It's unfathomable that mister Epstein initially got a slap on the wrist in two thousand and eight, which allowed him to continue his predatory practices for another decade. You know, it's interesting, how do we not acknowledge and accept Hillary Clinton's statement for that? And I bring that up because I too have provided a declaration. I provided a declaration staying the same thing. But yet there's still a whole group of individuals. There was an entire side that just refused to acknowledge that. I too, never met Jeffrey Epstein, never spoke to, never communicated, never saw him at the Trump office, never heard him speaking to Trump from the time that I began there in two thousand and seven to the time that Trump became president. During the first administration, let's at least hope that they believe Hillary Clinton. Mind you, Representative Robert Garcia, he actually spoke to reporters after saying it wasn't hard, of course, to figure out who sent that photo. Let me show you play the clip.
Speaker 6: Of course, thank you as ranking member. That leaked photo get out, and do you believe there should be any repercussions.
Speaker 5: Well, the repercussion should come from the majority and from Chairman Comer. I mean, it was very clear that that leaked photo was sent out by a member. I think it's not hard to figure out what member that was by looking at the photo and the fact it was not just one photo. It was one photo and then a second post that also included a photo as well, and so that.
Speaker 1: Was completely against the rules.
Speaker 5: I think we're grateful that the secretary continued the deposition, but not not acceptable.
Speaker 1: By the way. He's right, it's not acceptable either you abide by the rules or allowed the entire press allowed the public to come in and watch it too. Meanwhile, Garcia also explained that Clinton has been answering all the questions and not pleading the fifth to any of them play that clip from her.
Speaker 5: Secretary. Clinton is also completely cooperating with the deposition and the committee and his answering question in full faith and in good faith. What is not acceptable is oversight Republicans breaking their own committee rules that they established with the Secretary and her team, which you've all recorded you've seen by releasing quoto is not acceptable and it was gracious of the Secretary and her team to continue the deposition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean again, is there anything else anybody can say? It means she could have turned around and said you broke the rules, I don't need to do it, but instead she kept going and it's under oath. Meanwhile, represented Bell explain that the GOP not handling the investigation. Let's just say on how serious the offenses should be handled. Play that clip, and as a.
Speaker 3: Former prosecutor, I've been involved in leading in this investigation and serious offenses, and this ain't it. What we're seeing is political theater. What we're seeing is folks that are looking for headlines and tweets as opposed to doing the business of going about getting justice for the victims in this case and survivors in this case. I should say as well, and I think that that's what I think some of our friends on the other side are losing sight of, is that we are here to make certain that justice is served, and it's important for us and as Oversight members to do our job to ensure that all the evidence, any information is heard, and that any victims, any survivors voices are heard as well, and that's what we're supposed to be doing. And so what we're seeing today is a we have not learned one new thing. The secretary is here or she is more than happy to have all of you come in there and this deposition and hear her out. But there are those on the other side of the eye. We do not want that for whatever reason, and so we're going to continue to push for justice. We're going to continue to work to make certain that the victims and survivors are given their due and their voices are heard, and that justice is ultimately served.
Speaker 1: Okay, isn't that what we all want? I mean, isn't that what we all should want? In fact, it's not just on the Democratic side. I believe that there are plenty of people on the Republican side that want that as well. All I can do is just keep yelling and screaming along with each and every one of you. Release the files. Now. Garcia continue to say that his committee has set a new precedent by talking to former presidents and therefore Trump should have to testify as well. Play that clip.
Speaker 5: Lastly, I want to also add that this committee has now set a new president about talking to presidents and former presidents. And we're demanding immediately that we ask President Trump to testify in front of our committee, be and be deposed in front of oversight Republicans and Democrats, and that should happen immediately. He is the person that appears almost more than anyone else in the committee, and it needs to happen right now.
Speaker 2: Mister transfer, do you distinguish it all? Do you distinguish it all between the president and a former present in the sitting present?
Speaker 4: I mean, is there something in there?
Speaker 2: Because they will say, wait.
Speaker 3: A minute, we know what I think.
Speaker 4: Look, I know what the court ruled on as a mineral.
Speaker 5: We should we should depose the person that is mentioned in the Epstein files almost more than any other person next to Going Maxwell, and that's Donald Trump. We're gonna have a couple of comments and then we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let me also be crystal clear, there is a major distinction. Now, do I think that everybody whose name appears in there should be forced to testify absolutely if in fact that there is documentation or evidence that would suggest it. My god, my name is probably listed one hundred times in the Epstein files, but not because of my connection to Jeffrey Epstein, but because somebody like Jeffrey Epstein was talking to somebody like Democratic Member Stacy Plaskett. All right, so my name shows up there. My name also shows up with Jeffrey Epstein talking about my house oversight hearing. So just because my name exists in the file doesn't mean that I should be dragged in to have to testify. Again, if there is evidence of any individual I don't care who it is, then yes that person should be drawn in. But just because the name is mentioned, I don't know. I don't know. It looks like then there could be tens of thousands of people. How were we going to get justice? Then? Meanwhile, earlier today James Comer, he actually did acknowledge that he may bring in Howard Lutnick for questioning. Play that clip more question?
Speaker 6: Would you then ask the Commerce Secretary Howard Luttne it can come testify.
Speaker 2: It seems like he has some.
Speaker 4: Information that's very possible. And I think there, you know, I think it's a good possibility that his name will arise in some questioning today.
Speaker 2: It'll be on my list, and I have an email I printed off for Hillary asked about Howard Lutnik today and Joy.
Speaker 4: We're asking again.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I want to remind everyone we've already brought in Alex Acosta and Bill Barr for depositions. That's two Republicans in the in the Trump administration. So this isn't just about Democrats. This is about anyone that has any knowledge of Epstein the investigation. I think we all agree the government failed. The government failed the victims. And what our role is. We can't we can't prosecute anyone, But what we have been doing is getting transparency with the American people.
Speaker 1: We subpoena, yes, one hundred percent, any single person who has a direct connection to Jeffrey Epstein and there's an appearance of an impropriety and an appearance of potential rape of a child. Damn straight, they should be brought in. And then after they're brought in that testimony, she goes straight over to the Attorney General. I meanwhile, we do know that this entire investigation is political. I don't care what anybody says, but Representative supermanian He made the point that while no GOP members went to less Wester's deposition, many of them, well, they decided to show up to Hillary Clinton's play the clip.
Speaker 2: I want to make clear that there are no Republicans in Ohio to talk to Les Wexler, who bankrolled the Epstein's fortune for the most part, allowed a lot of his crimes to happen. Ka Hillary Clinton, who maintains that she doesn't recall meeting Jeffrey Epstein, is here today and we have a lot of Republicans here today. That's underscores to me the partisan nature of what some of the Republicans on our committee in Congress are doing and the way they're approaching this investigation. Meanwhile, they're not holding the Department of Justice accountable for breaking the law over and over again. There's two and a half million files that have not been released, and now we're hearing and seeing evidence of some of those files, including accusations against President Trump. We know that there are other information in those files that clearly is not about protecting victims. It's about protecting people who committed crimes. And so we as Democrats on the Oversight Committee or can continue to approach this investigation in a nonpartisan way because all we want is the truth and we want justice for the survivors. And we want to make sure this never happens again, no matter how rich, how powerful the perpetrators are.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yeah, totally listen. Once again, I think we all absolutely agree everybody who is guilty should be held accountable. One hundred percent partisan, nonpartisan, doesn't make a difference to me. I don't care under what theory that you choose to try to go after these individuals. If you're guilty, you're guilty, and let the documents show it, release the files, and as always, thanks for listening. Hey everyone, First of all, thanks for watching. I mean, we're gonna be posting daily episodes with reactions and talking about politics. We'll be talking about everything in fact, so please like and subscribe join us on this journey.