Speaker 1: Five o five. I think you have gar see the talk station Monday, say will this ideal? Yeah, no doubt about it. Hey, how about those beangles? Thankfully did not even bother trying to stay up to watch the game. Hey's some exciting football Yesterdayay, we have you Monday, Bryan Thomas right here. Sorry it's Monday, but we got to do with it, deal with it, and today's the day we deal with it. Coming up at fifty five Care Morning Show seven oh five, Keith Destrids from the Care Starts Now got a special opportunity to help, you know, stop pediatric brain cancer and find a cure for it. Getting a head of the holiday shopping special days like Black Friday and Super Saturday or whatever the hell those things are, maybe give to the charities before you go out and spend a lot of money on stuff and things. And every year I see another article gifts for the person manned woman who has everything. If you've got everything, do you really need a gift? Just asking out loud anyway, Christopher Smithman, it is Monday. We hear from Christopher smith on every Monday seven twenty for the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati and is typically the case. Don't know what's on is mind? Today we get to find out together and I always enjoy the discourse with the former vice mayor, and I hope you do as well. I always remember fifty five cares dot com and you can't listen live Monday Monday Brian James eighth five is is typically the case. Today we'll talk about inflation and tariffs. Of course, Donald Trump's big guy on tariffs. He keeps wanting to talk about tariffs. How's that going to impact things? The Fed going to adjust the rates according to whether or not tariff's go into place. I've seen a couple of articles on that. Uh. Brian James commentary on that one, followed by Social Security receipts upset and the cost of living adjustment? Are you upset about the cost of living adjustment? Well, I know the inflation rate's gone through the roof, and I doubt so this is security has kept up with it. But Brian James give us an analysis on that, followed by how much will Thanksgiving cost you this year? I suppose as much as you want to spend on Thanksgiving, but I know the cost of things has got up. So we'll find out how it impacts the cost of turkey, among other things. Again that begins at eight oh five with Brian James. You can begin at any time you want. If you want to give me a call five one, three, seven, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three taco with pound five fifty on at and t phones trying to see it. Yes, coming up. I do have a commercial for fastened Pro and I am pleased to announce I have a future son in law. My daughter got engaged over the weekend. Eric finally popped the question. Uh, and he is a hell of a guy. We're glad we all knew it was gonna happen. I think the only person who wasn't absolutely positive was gonna happen was my daughter because Eric had shown a lot of folks the ring. In fact, I had a launch appointment. It was a sales lunch appointment with the owners of fast and Pro Ray and Amanda. I said something about if you heard anything about Eric may be getting engaged. He goes, oh, she showed us the ring. It's like he had showed me the ring about a month ago. So anyway, I am a very very very very very happy dad. My wife paulat is very very happy. Apparently Eric's parents also very happy, so across the board happiness. And I am just so pleased to announce my daughter has a fiance, no longer her boyfriend. It's fiance Eric Hansman, my daughter soon I presume to be Lauren. Not sure when they're going to get married. Don't really care so much about that. I just got the hurdle over with, and again I'm excited for both of them. I really truly am. It's blessing in the Thomas family. So let me just get that out of my system right now. Anyhow, over fifty five caresy dot com mentioned podcasts Freaking Me Out the Pfizer papers Fizers Crimes against Humanity, a compilation of really in depth, deep dive review of actual Phizer internal documents that finally came out as a consequence of litigation. That's right, they weren't going to hand these papers out to anybody, but fortunately there's some people that are truly interested in finding out what in the hell that the deal was over at Fwiser in connection with the establishment of in creation of the COVID nineteen vaccine rushed to market and as doctor Nami Wolf pulls it, puts it in the rushed to market in spite of the fact that the clinical trials Fizer was doing work. I don't want to use the word rig but they overlooked all kinds of different negative health effects that that COVID nineteen vaccine caused and adjusted their internal studies. And h just speaking with doctor Wolf about the content of the book really kind of wigged me out. And all behind the scenes, you know, or behind the discussion and the I'm just wondering, why why did they rush that out in spite of all of the problems, And doctor Wolf concludes that has something to do with population control nine. I'm always jaded and cynical when it comes to people's conspiracy conclusions in that regard. But if you look at all the apparently behind the scenes before it came out, very well known problems that women had after getting the COVID nineteen vaccine, you know, you can draw a line from point A to point B on that. So get a copy of the book and get yourself all freaked out if you want. Maybe someone somewhere in a future administration Trump administration might figure out the nefarious realities. Maybe RFK Junior will take a look at this as well. Maybe RFK Junior has read doctor Nami Wolf's book. Anyway, you can get a copy of that there at fifty five care Sea dot Combrian Morella, her election thoughts, Trump appointments, and still well, lots of controversies swirling about the Trump appointment. So I'm most excited about this doge promising to bring sweeping change to bureaucracy. Viv Grahma swimming along with Elon Musk going to be in charge of this Department of Government Efficiency, which exists outside of government, And they keep going back to the conversation I had with Judge Neapaul Tano about it. I was excited about it. I brought it up first thing out of the gate, and he's like, Oh, this is just another expansion of government, and no, it's not. These folks are unpaid at least thus far the way it's envisioned. They're outside of government. They're just going to offer their conclusions, their opinions, their thoughts on what needs to be cut. And the interesting background behind this, the Supreme Court has laid a nice bed for all of these efficiency efforts to actually move forward with because there's been quite a few Supreme Court decisions of late which talked about the overreach of these administrative agencies in creating rules and regulations, basically writing laws behind the scenes and throwing them out into the world based upon loosely written legislation that's been passed. Nope, got to have a clear, articulated basis to make a regulation. It must exist in the law or you can't do it. Just summing up a multitude of different cases that have come down from the Supreme Court of the past year or two. Anyway, Ramaswami's on Bartaroma Show on Sunday Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiroma, and he said, this cost cutting strategy is going to start with an executive action. He said, the failures of the executive branch need to be addressed because the dirty little seeker right now is the people we elect to run the government. They're not the ones who actually run the government. It's the unelected bureaucrats and the administrative state that was created through executive action. It's going to be fixed through executive action, and here we go, he said, think about the Supreme Court's environment over the last several years, they've held that many of those regulations are unconstitutional at a large scale. Those last four words critical at a large scale, he said. Rescind those regulations, pull those REGs back, and then give us the industrial logic to then downsize the size of the administrative state. And the beauty of all this is it going to be achieved through executive action without congress some of the early wins and scurse some early wins, and then you look at the bigger portions of the federal government need to be addressed one by one. So because you have the legal foundation, and you do now with the Supreme Court's decision narrowing the legitimacy of so many of these regulations that have come out, and I was wondering on how this would ultimately turn out. Because you have the Supreme Court law the predicate to get rid of all these it's sort of like retroactively going back for the last god knows how many years and getting rid of all of the overreach from the regulatory administrators state because they never had the legal authority to do it in the first place. That's the point of these wonderful cases. This will serve as a supreme board for an executive action. Look, here's the Supreme Court case. Here's the executive action rolling back all these rags because well, you didn't have the authority to do it. That may not be easy, but it's a great place to start and to like the creativity these guys are bringing forward in order to bring about this change. And he did prejudic pledged to bring what he called sweeping change as early and quickly as possible. In fact, they want this whole office, this non governmental agency that the two of them are going to head up looking for volunteers. By the way, if you're a prominent business person and you know something about dollars and cents in bottom line and how to run an efficient business, get involved an unpaid position, lots of hard work, but to bring about national exposure and maybe you'll become a hero to the American public. Anyway, they want this work done to be done though later than July fourth, or twenty twenty sixth, the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the sunning the declaration of Independence. So the sweeping changes, Ramaswami said, the sweeping changes expected to come from initial executive action, laying the groundwork for Congress then to take meaningful steps in budget reductions. So if you get rid of a lot of the crap with executive orders, there's no need to fund it anymore. You can pair back the size and scope of government spending. And lord knows, I don't think there's anything more important than cutting back government spending. Oh look, the Pentagon failed its seventh straight financial law at one area of government eight hundred and sixty plus billion dollars worth. They can't even account for where the money went. Something wrong here, boy said, I love the American military. I have tremendous respect for him. But you think there's no fraud, waste, and abuse in the American military. I got a bridge or four. I want to sell you five sixteen right now fifty five care see talk station. Feel free to call in love to hear from if you've got a comment. We will continue after these brief words.
Speaker 2: Tell the.
Speaker 1: Five point twenty on a Monday Monday Monday with Brian James, preceded by Christopher Smithman with a smither vent and appearance by Keith Desser. It's care starts now. I'm gonna put some money together to cure pediatric brain cancer. What a wonderful organization they are. Anyhow, I falling out coming out of the last segment, of course, I mentioned the Pentagon fail epic fail, seventh straight financial audit. Welcome to your government. And again I go back to the DOGE Department, and I'm just maybe I have overly high expectations for the work they might be able to accomplish. But US Department of Defense again failed its seventh consecutive financial audit budget eight hundred and twenty four billion dollars. They are unable to account for a lot of the money that they spend. Yeah, back in twenty seventeen, they began their first ever agency wide financial audit. I stopped at that, and I think, you know what with the billions of dollars that flows into any organization like that, The first time they ever did an audit was twenty seventeen. Anyway, since the initial audit, Pentagon has consistently failed to pass its subsequent audits, the first of which failed any following year twenty eighteen. Out of the twenty eight entities audited this year, only nine received cleanup opinions. Fifteen received what they called disclaimers That means that they were so disorganized that auditors couldn't even determine the accuracy of their records. Let's say this to serve as an incentive for being disorganized, doesn't it? I mean either in seven audits in a row, there's been no change being brought about. Hey, just bad. I just screw up the papers so badly that the auditors can't even figure out what's going on when just high behind that one of them received what they called a qualified opinion, which is described as meaning the financial statements were mostly accurate but contained certain issues or exceptions that were not fully compliant with standards. The Idea issued a long winded nonsense statement, but also which included the following. The Department is firmly committed and is taking actions to achieve an unmodified audit opinion on its financial statements by December thirty first, twenty twenty eight. They just give him four more years and what would that be? Four more audits, then they'll finally get it right after well. Starting out in twenty seventeen, Pentagon Control and Michael McCord did what he what has described his downplay the audit failure, claiming the process or progress and rejecting the term failure altogether, he said, and I quote, despite the disclaimer of opinion, which was expected, the department has turned a corner in its understanding of the depth and breadth of its challenges.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So what does that suggest that they were in denial prior to the seventh audit failure. Oh no, it's okay. We now have an understanding of the depth and breath of our challenges. Our records suck. Auditors can't even determine the accuracy of the records. They suck so badly. But we get it now. We we've we've we've, we've turned around the bend on that one. He emphasized the department's commitment to achieving a clean audit within the next four years. I do not say we failed, As I said, we have about half clean opinions, about half we have half that are not clean opinions. So you're gonna love this one. If someone had a report card that is these are his words, someone had a report card that is half good good and half not good. I don't know that you call the student or the report card of failure.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 1: When you were in school, what was a failing grade under? What percentage was a fail seventy, Yeah, seventy. I know they locks that up a little bit over the years to I don't know the name of whatever.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 1: I guess he went through a different education process. He said, we had a lot of work to do, but I think we're making progress. Think so is twenty twenty eight achievable? I believe so, he said, But we do have to keep getting faster and keep getting better. Died. Okay, great, That's why maybe I have an overly inflated perception of what this doge can actually accomplish. So much money going in and out the door that they can't even keep track of it, And I would like to think I'm actually inclined to think they don't even want to keep track of it. Might be rather revealing on where the money goes. And oh, I have a whole lot of stuff this morning to talk about in that regard to it is five twenty five right now, local stories coming up or your phone calls always welcome, stick around.
Speaker 2: You right back.
Speaker 5: General Trump has done it.
Speaker 1: Five nine and a happy Monday to you. Five one, three, seven, two to three Taco a pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone, and don't forget get your iHeartMedia app. While you're over a fifty five care se dot com check out the podcast page. You can stream the audio directly from the website or use your iHeartMedia app. Anyhow, I got some local stories to dive on into here. Somebody wrote priorities on this. This looks like Joe Streker's writing. Since the city Council plans discussion motion directing the administration to prioritize mental health care funding for transgender youth. Uh motion brought forward by Counselman Mark Jefferies. Apparently, according to Sharon Coolidge from The enquire reporting on this, has a transgender adult son claiming he is concerned about the mental health of these young people after seeing a barrage of anti transgender political ads and reading a singular study about high suicide rates among transgender teens. That study, apparently by the Trevor Project, published in the Journal of Nature Human Behavior. Jaell you still getting that one? Oh yeah, of course he is. Paper copies still anyway. According to a Journal of Nature Human Behavior, it concluded that state laws focus on transgender issues have led to an increase of up to seventy two percent. An attempted suicide by transgender and gender non binary youth in just the past year. Motions set to be discussed at the Council's Budget Finance Committee one pm today. Sitting on signing Jeffrey's motion, Vice Mayor Jean Michelle lemon Kearney and Council of Victoria Parks, Jeffries asked all nine council members all Democrats, to sign, but only two of them did. He said the motion is aimed at finding gaps in funding. Quote. The mental health challenge is faced by transgender and gender non bininary youth in particular, is especially an urgent issue. By making the mental health and safety services for transgender and gender non binary youth a priority, whether it's by leveraging existing programs and or carving out new ones where needed, is to ensure that this crisis is addressed in an urgent fashion so all children in our city can thrive and live to their fullest potential. Now I speak of everybody's got a list of stuff and things they want government to fund and deal with. Everybody's got a long list, and there is a long long list. I guess within city Council as well. Joe, do you buy any chance off the top of your head, have any figures on the backlog of roads that need to be repaired in the city of Cincinnati too many? That was the figure that I read as well. Several train cars derailed on Saturday night in Queensgate, record of the since I Fire Department, they were dispatched. The train went into the thirteen hundred block or West merrig Way around nine pm. Train cars operated by CSX and a whole bunch of folks showed up since St please o Dot Metropolitan Sewer District and as well as the Fire Department. They found eight train cars, which were carrying a shipment of new automobiles derailed. Some of them struck the support columns for the sixth Street Viaduct. One actually disconnected and fell into the Mill Creek. No hazardous waste materials on the train cars, according to what police told local news WCPO appreciate Martlee Shram and Max Shillen reporting on it. Nobody was injured as well, which is great. ODOT Bridges Spector shut down the sixth Street Viaduct to make sure there were no structural integrity issues. Excuse me, yes, still struggling. Viaduct reopened roughly three hours after the derailment. Recording the statement, CSX said the trail train car that was in the Mill Creek was recovered, so they said, it's focused on the health and safety and on site staff and personnel mitigating the risk of the environment caused the derailment. Still under investigation. Well, thankfully no hazardous materials. I got some real bright spot in that one thirty two year old man shot and killed Saturday evening in the East End. According to Sincin Police Department, they showed up at the twenty four hundred block of Callahan Street about six fifteen pm for reports of a person shot. Once got their, officers found Dustin Colvin suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. First responders attempted life saving measures, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. Since they police has not identified any suspects in the shooting, the investigation is ongoing. However, if you have any information, the police would love you to give him a call. Homicide unit is the number five one, three, three, five, two thirty five forty two. So there's your local stories thus far. It's about five thirty five right now. Got stack of stupid coming up. If you can stick around for that, or feel free to call if you got a subject matter you'd like to talk about. I'd love to hear about it, so feel free to do that. I'll be right back five thirty nine on a Monday and a half. He one T you I five won three seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three taco tome Fi fifty. If you have an eight and T, phone over to the stack. Oh stupid. Kind of like a stack of gloom and doom here this morning. But here's one that I added to the stack of stupid serves as a nice springboard. This is some of the other conversations we're gonna have this morning, at least some of the topics I wanted to go on. This is, I think, definitionally speaking, this is bat crap insanity. There's a professor a at least singular in this regard. I'm not quite sure if this is a widespread theory, but the guy is a professor at British University or I'm sorry, woman Catherine, yesaw, she lectures. That's what Breitbard describes as the prestigious Queen Mary University of London. She has determined excuse me and I apologize again for the cough. It's just lingering. There's not a thing I can do about it. Has declared the subject of geology geology. It's racist. The subject of geology is racist and has been unduly influenced by colonization. She condemned geology as a subject that was riven by systemic or systematic racism. Thank you for the bubbling, bog and stupidity, Joe Stracer, That's exactly what I was thinking about. Study of prehistoric life through fossils also branded as an enabler for racism of the professor referring to the field of paleontology as pale ontology huh. Dalyr Mail reported that she stated in her book Geologic Life that the extraction of metals like gold and iron has created hierarchies, pushed materialism, ravaged environments, and was the root cause of climate change. Weren't the Incans big on digging up gold, Joe? The Mayans ancient civilizations? Did the Egyptians also use a lot of gold anyways? Moving on, claiming that geology continues to function within a white supremacist practice, she referenced the theft of land mining and other geological practices having led to the creation of white supremacy and a resulting geo trauma left undefined. Her new book focuses on geology between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries, putting aside all of the geological realities prior to the seventeenth nineteenth centuries anyway, suggesting the notion that non white people have a closer relationship to land than white people. Accord to the Mail Report, broadly, this is what she said, black, brown and indigenous subjects having intimacy with the earth that is unknown to the structural position of whiteness. Countering this ridiculousness, one person at least, we have one willing to go on record, GIMMI News reports. Chris McGovern, the chairman of the Campaign for Real Education Real Education, dismissed the assertions entirely quote, geology is no more racist than fish and chips. It's an entirely neutral term. Those seeking to decolonize the curriculum are in fact building their own sinister empire of thought control and intolerance. He pointed out that practices like mining are almost as old as mankind and not race dependent. That's the point I was suggesting earlier when I mentioned the well the Incoans and the Mayans.
Speaker 4: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Holy people are just if you think it up and just write it down and say it, then someone's going to believe you and buy into it at all and ultimately fund it. As I pointed out earlier, that one relates to some of the other things I want to talk about. Lay in the program. Your stupid mouth shut day Ratliff, You're awesome. Sarasota man arrested last Thursday night after Palm Beach police said he pulled up to marl Lago and asked to speak with President elect Donald Trump while driving a stolen car. Fifty two year old Farbaud Dolat. That's who was identified as the guy driving the car. Cord to the rest report, he drove a rental car listed under a woman's name. Please contacted the woman. She told him that she and the suspect were planning on buying a vehicle, but when she went back to the bank to withdraw the money, he took off in the rental car without her permission. Sarah Son to Caddy Sheriff Saw was confirmed to the Palm Beach Police the vehicle had been reported stolen. He's now facing charge of the vehicle theft operating a motor vehicle without a valve license. Apparently the least the third person to be arrested at mar A Lago since the summer. You're fine, just people thinking, just drive on in there. Hey, I'm here. That's five forty five fifty five k se DE talk station call Zimmer. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning taking care of folks for more than seventy five years, third generation. Wonderful folks at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning doing a fabulous job and making sure you're home, safe, efficient and comfortable. They'll keep your systems running longer, you know. One of the maintenance programs. They've got a bunch of different programs that they offer. Come over. I think I guess once a year, maybe twice, check the system, make sure it's clean, efficiently running, get ahead of problems that'll extend the life of your air conditioning and your heating unit. But you know what, sometimes they just have ended their useful life. It's over, it's done with. You can't lay hands on it. You need to replace it. And it's a perfect time to do that right now. If it's your air conditioning unit. The folks at Zimmer are now offering a twenty two hundred dollars cool carrier comfort rebate. That's right, carrier. The folks that invented air conditioning are offering the wonderful opportunity through Zimmer to save a heapload of money. I call twenty two hundred bucks off of heapload of savings. To take advantage of that while it's still lasts. I figure with winter coming fast approaching, they're gonna have some different opportunity for it in terms of heating unit. It's but in the meantime, if your existing unit's gone belly up, then Zimmer are the folks that call, and they are always the folks to call when it comes to heating and air conditioning service and repair installation, and the leaders in twenty four hour days, seven day a week emergency service. Tell Chris Zimmer Brian Thomas at how when you call to schedule your appointment. You can do that at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three or check them out online goot to go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five KRC Don Junior here guys five forty nine and fifty five KRCD talk station. Brian Thomas in front of the stack of stupid phone calls, relays well him from Christopher Smith and at seven and twenty create Keith Desters from the Caro starts now preseeds him talking about a wonderful opportunity to help them gather money to cure a pediatric brain cancer. Someday it's going to happen, and of course it's Monday, so we get money Monday with Brian James a datoh five. In the meantime, we go to Auckland, New Zealand, where what is described as a randy cuffle a couple little embarrassed they were spotted getting intimate in the middle of a golf course sixteenth hole, specifically the Clarks Beach Golf Club. A jogger described as being so stunned that she took a picture posted the image on face Graham Facebook, rather claiming that she thought the duo might have been cheating on their respective partners. I don't know how you conclude that, but whatever, sharing the performer, performer, the performance, you can call it performance. I suppose she captioned it. Hey Romeo and Juliet seven fifteen on a Monday, really said she documented the act. I documented the act. A couple appeared to show that they were aware they were not alone, speaking of local news out there the jogger air to concern. She said, I got my phone and just did a quick video, probably four seconds. But by the time they had stopped moving. I think they were aware of my presence. After my run, I did see a man and a woman like in the distance playing golf, and they looked like they were in their fifties or sixties, so I had a feeling it might have been them, but they weren't making eye contact with me. If there's some way you can work the mulligan into that one, maybe it'll suffice to just read the headline on this one. I suppose headline. You'd be do a phrasing if people exactly what the headline said, Joe headline, I spent twelve hundred pounds getting my penis tattooed. Now I can't have sex there. You go better late than never, you know. It's strange about that. It's the article itself happens to be like four pages long, and I'm reminded of my own son, But why are you doing that? Okay? Residents of a Scottish town woke up to police outside of home after I heard of cows took over the street. Police called the Hillford Road in the historic town of Ayr after five cows spotted grazing in the gardens. Animals left residence baffled after they were first seen around eight thirty in the morning when a neighbor sharing a photo online. Police car and a van can be seen parked along the street and cows behaving themselves in the clip, with the animals just calmly standing by the driveway of the property. Eventually, the police helped bring the wandering farm animals back home. That's about it. That's the extent of that one. They talk about instances that happened earlier in the year where herds of Coyle's escaped from their fields before being well handed over to animal rescues rescue crews. Some stacks stupid stories are better than other. Oh, this is a twisted one. A Georgia mother of three who killed her two little boys by placing them in an oven and turning them turning it on will now be spending the rest of for life in bars. According with Judge Atlanta ruling on Friday, Lamora Williams twenty four convicted of a whole bunch of crimes, including to count some murder, for the twenty seventeen deaths of her sons, ages one and two, who were killed roughly an hour apart. The woman had called nine to one one on the same day. Quote when I came in, the stove was laying on my son, my my youngest son's head, and my other son was laid out on the floor with his brains laid out on the floor. That's what she said to the dispatcher. I don't know what to do. I just came home from work bad. Then in February twenty eighteen, she was indicted on four counts of fell and the murdered, two counts and murdered, two counts of aggravated assault, two counts of concealing the deaths of another, and one kind of making false statement. Later charged with two counts of cruelty to children in the first degree, one kind of cruelty to children in d second degree, one additional kind of aggravated assault, one kind of obstruction of law enforcement officer, and one kind of battery resulting in substantial physical harm. Defendant tol poolice she left all three of her children at home with the caregiver from noon until eleven thirty pm in the day, and returned home to find that they had died. Caregiver was gone sometime between midnight on October twelfth, twenty seventeen, and eleven pm the next day today. She quote knowingly and intentionally killed the two toddlers by placing them in and oven and turning it on. That's according to the rest warrant issued by the Atlanta Police Department. Autopsy reports revealed the boys heads were stuck in a tipped over oven. Medical examiner disagree with the police claims that the children had been burned. These thermal changes appear to be entirely from dry heat and changes from prolonged exposure to heat. According to the medical examiner, it would require an extensive amount of time to get to this degree. She Prosecutors stuck by the police department's version of the evidence, contact of the defendant's narrative to jurors minds, and according to the court room report, the boy's father also called nine one one roughly the same times William hesitant to give the dispatcher her address. Father described the video call in comments to Atlanta based ABC there, calling it a real horror movie like Friday the thirteenth. She was convicted of fourteen counts against her, quickly sentenced to a life term in prison without the possibility of parol, on top of which an additional thirty five years. Well, I one may argue justice was at least served in that one. What a horrific, horrific reality. Anyhow, I'm usually looking for a little more humor than that, but what can you say. It is a Monday. Let's move on to different topics coming up off top of the hour. Look forward to hearing from you. You got a lot to go through, including how is it that Biden has now allowed or approved Ukraine's use of long range missiles inside Russia. I don't think the election had anything to do with that. Stick around. I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 2: There we go again, another news update.
Speaker 5: We're going to get all the facts.
Speaker 2: An ear full of information at.
Speaker 1: The top of the hour and they'll break it down fast. Fifty five krs.
Speaker 5: The talk station, First Financial Bank.
Speaker 1: It is so six here if if you five kre CD talk station. If we're having Monday to you, I hope you're gonna have one any way, and I hope you can stick around all morning. Coming up in an hour, the return of Keith Deserts from the Cure starts now. Their goal, well, the home run cure figure out how to cure pediatric brain cancer, may be able to cure all cancers. And there's been wonderful, wonderful inroads in a cancer research thanks to the wonderful work of every single human being who's contributed to the cure starts now and Keith's gonna be talking about a sort of get ahead of you know, Black Monday or Black Fridays sales and all that, by trying to get people to think about, you know, contributing to charities ahead of time, make your little contribution before the spending begins on gifts and stuff. So that's the method they're going with this year. Kei's gonna explain all that to us coming up in an hour. Looking forward to having him back on the program. Just a wonderful, wonderful man. He and his wife, of course, had to deal with the ultimate challenge, the loss of a child to geoblastoma, pediatric brain cancer many years ago. But they didn't just cry about it and wallow and misery, and they started the care starts now on millions and millions of dollars. It is now a global organization, so a great thing to be affiliated with them, and I appreciate the opportunity to do so. So an hour ahead of time with Keith, followed by seven twenty Christopher Smith and former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati with the Smith Event. We're gonna hear in two hours Monday, Monday, Brian James. We'll talk about inflation and tariffs, social Security recipients a little upset about their cost of living adjustment and how much is Thanksgiving going to cost you this year? It depends on who's coming over the house right anyway, we'll talk about that with Brian James. Love to talk to you if you want to call. I'd certainly appreciated. Get me out of this lingering ongoing and probably will never go away cough I'm dealing with, but also another I'm gonna put a plug in because I'm such a happy, happy man. My wife and are extremely happy. Yes, is my daughter has gotten engaged got engaged over the weekend. So there I said it out loud again. I'm proud, I'm happy, everybody's happy. It's great looking forward to having Eric part of the family. Officially feels like he's already a member of our family right now, but soon to be. I presume, Lauren Hansman. We really adore Eric. He's a good man, and everybody's happy when they're on their side of the family as well, which is a good thing. You don't want to start off on the wrong foot on something like that. Anyway. I mentioned at the outset of the morning show this morning by Viva Gramma Swimming being on FNC Sunday Morning Futures talking about this new DOGE Department of Government efficiency, and I hope I'm not overly optimistic about what they can accomplish. But he, along with Elon Musk, are going to be you know, pirting this non governmental organization. No, it's not going to cost you anything. This is apparently all volunteer work, and they're going to start cutting and they're going to start with executive orders. Executive orders predicated on Supreme Court decisions which have already ruled that so much of the regulatory state that's in place right now, is illegal, was extra constitutional, was beyond the law. So you start there and you go backward, and you look in and do it a deep dive analysis of all the regulations exceeded the scope of whatever legislation they sprung from, and a tremendous amount of work can be accomplished along those lines. And of course, pivoting over to Congress, Republicans, you're in control. Now, let's start cutting spending, said, over the last forty years, even conservatives, we talked a big game for forty years about cutting the federal government, about reducing the scope of the federal government. Politicians haven't been able to do it, stating the obvious, and so Elon and I were not politicians, were businessmen. Were coming at it from the outside. Sometimes if you go inside, you become native to this system. Said, I applaud Trump or setting this up for success. But I come back to the principle in the early months, score quick wins through executive action, show it can be done, and then I think will lay the groundwork for Congress to have the UH to take the meaningful steps for the future. A lot of these discussions are theoretical to do cut different entitlement programs or whatever. Let's just start with the fact that there is massive waste, fraud and abuse right now. Federal contractors are really exploiting the federal government. You could take the haircuts across the board and there will be no worse off for it. Well, and that goes back to the article I read about the Pentagon failing it's seventh straight financial audit, seven in a row. Looking at this since twenty seventeen, they haven't passed a single one. Oh, blah blah. But it's okay, Well, we'll be able to get it all cleaned up by twenty twenty eight. Just give us four more years. She's got two words for you, and it ain't happy birthday. As dad he used to say. You heard about some of the of the Trump's picks for hadding up the various agencies, and some folks are a little upset about Pete Hegzeth and it really kind of irks me quite frankly. The man served. He's a veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, but he is always mentioned as being a Fox News commentator. First, no, that's not what qualifies him for the job. And you can argue he's not qualified when we talk all day long about that versus someone else who has military experience. But his Fox News commentary is irrelevant but nonetheless across the board Fox News commentator, oh and parenthetically veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Anyway, you got a little insight into what he's planning on doing, hmmm, most notably undoing the Diversity Equity inclusion the DEEI and all the training that goes along that within the military, which has been put in place of actual military training, you know, teaching people how to break stuff and kill people. I always like to boil down the reality of the military is that what do you want your military to do? Win wars? Win wars involves what killing people in breaking things strategically. Anyway, back in late August, Trump said that if you want to have a sex change or a social justice seminar, then you can do it somewhere else. You're not going to do it in the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, Base, Force, the United States Marine. Sorry, military brass that led to these absurd and insulting initiatives will likewise be removed and they will no longer be in command. They're going to be gone, gone so fast. That was Trump backing it up. He appoints or wants to a point exet exact. Last week, said on The Sean Ryan Show, Well, first of all, you got a fire. You know, you got to fire the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, any general that was involved, general, admiral, whatever, that was involved in any of the dee I woke, woke s word, it's got to go. He wrote a book, The War on Warriors, in which he said, our generals are not ready for this moment in history, not even close. The next president of the United States need to radically overhaul the Pentagon's senior leadership to make us ready to defend our nation and defeat our enemies. Lots of people need to be fired. You note that at the Pentagon you can fire generals, unlike say the CIA or Department of Justice, where it's hard to fire senior officials because they're protected. According to Representative Chris Stewart, who's also been working on the transition team for the Department of Defense, they're considering draft executive order establishing a Warrior Board that'd be retired military personnel. They have power to review the various leaders of the American military and figure out whether they're unfit for leadership or not, then make recommendations over the president. Much inke that Doge, she's going to make recommendations of the president on where to cut idea. Pentagon requested funding to the tune of Fox News reporting one hundred and fourteen million dollars for DEI initiatives last year or this calendar year to be used for programs and initiatives aimed at furthering DEIA and incorporating DEIA values, objectives and considerations and how we do business and execute our missions. Okay, let's just put yourself in a position of Ukrainian soldier fighting on the front lines against the Russians. They're worried about where they're amos coming from. I'm sure the Russians feel kind of the same way, whether they're going to see their families again. Do you think any of them are thinking about diversity, equity inclusion and do the extent they're equity hires among the front lines. Maybe they're just equity hires and they're not trained to be the most efficient fighting folks anywhere. Isn't that what you want in his book, Hezeth row DEI amplifies differences, creates grievances, and excludes anyone who won't bow down to the cultural Marxist revolution ripping through the Pentagon. Forget DEI the acronym. The acronym should be d I E or ied. It will kill our military worse than any Ied ever could. He went on, the left isn't just interested in purging Trump supporters. Their ideology is based on marginalizing whatever's normal because they think normal is always oppressive. By their logic, the military runs on the most normal and most oppressive things of all strong men. Just being a guy who hits the gym means you're oppressing everyone around you. He also said a big reason for fewer training accidents, which apparently there are it is because of less training, more time than ever being spent on social justice, PowerPoint moralizing and meeting those metrics in today's military is the most important standard to meet. Every unit knows that social justice, transgender, woke training is the top priority. Not doing this training or not doing it properly, we'll get a commander or a junior leader fired. Not doing real field training become secondary. His words, So I like that, considering he well is a venter of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, did a pretty good job in the American military, is seen at firsthand, and in spite of the fact that he's Vox News contributor, I think the guy's got some right ideas, at least in so far as how to reform the military back to well a well oiled fighting machine to protect them America's interest six seventeen. Candy, I will get your call as soon as I come back. So I just looked up and saw you there, not to overlook you, but got in a role there. Want to mention USA Installation, which is back to ninety nine dollars a month interest free at any price. USA installation is the right way to go because it saves your money makes your home more comfortable. Right, so get your home insulated before the cold weather really hits in in earnest. You'll save the heatload of money and your heating bills. Your house will be much more comfortable with the USA Premium phone in the exterior walls because the highest R value phone, so you could either be under insulated or have no insulation, and a free inspection by USA will determine that and at ninety nine dollars a month interest free. I have lots and lots of listeners who saved more than that monthly on their energy bills. Yeah, your home can be so poorly insulated more than ninety nine dollars a month in savings, a lot more in some cases. And my friend Jeff had the whole thing paid off in just two years of energy savings. What a wonderful thing. Another oneful thing, twelve hundred dollars energy tax. Good it when you're doing your taxes next year, take twelve hundred dollars off. It's like getting a check for doing what the right thing all the time. So ninety nine dollars a month interest free. Give them a call for that free inspection. Five one three three eight one three sixty two six. That's three point eight one FOAM. Learn more online, Head over to the website. That's USA Installation dot Net.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC Celebrate six twenty two to fifty five KRC detalk station, Happy E Monday.
Speaker 1: Try to make it one anyway. I'm going to go to the phones. I promise Candy should be first. Five one, three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two to three talk. Thanks for holding Candy, Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Thank you. I just want to note that there's I believe sixty three days left in the Biden administration. Sixty three. I think I'm counting down. I'm wondering what what they're gonna They did stuff in the first ten days and quit, and they're gonna urgently do things in the last ten days.
Speaker 1: Probably like approve Ukraine using long range missiles into Russia. Uh huh, that's a little frightening.
Speaker 6: The countdown has begun as of November sixth, and Trump is marching on, so we can't Uh. He's not flacken, No.
Speaker 1: He's not. He's hitting the ground running as fast as he can. I appreciate that he's rolled out his cabinet proposals real early on, give him ready a very clear indication of what he wants to do. I am more excited about this Doze group than anything because someone needs a cut government and you got two multi millionaire slash billionaires running it. They don't need any money. They're doing it from the bottom of their heart and hope for a better future for our country. I mean, those are all real positive signals. And I got a lot of respect for both Evey Grahma Swimming, Elon Musk for what they've been on to perform in business. So let's give it a shot. Let's try to cut we we all know that there's plenty of areas to cut. We can probably come on with our own list of book long worth of areas. I got a bunch of multiple articles doing exactly that. But let's first get to Rick's call. Hey, Rick, thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is it?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? Nick, I apologize. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian. I think you might be familiar. I'm not certain, though. Do you know how every time they do a continuing resolution at the very last minute, Yes, they put in the standard boilerplate language says as the Secretary deems.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: And it goes back to that Supreme Court legislation.
Speaker 3: And when that Supreme Court legislation came down, it was only about ten days after.
Speaker 7: Excellon already filed a suit.
Speaker 3: Against the SuDS over their constraints on anmar VAC has particular ramifications for freaking. It might be an issue for somebody.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe, but it's not the concept. It's not Supreme Court legislation and Supreme Court opinions. See that's a problem. That's okay, But there is Supreme Court legislation. That's when you get like Roe v. Wade, you know, whole cloth, you know, actual legislation written by jurists, which is not their role. So I'm sorry I had to jump on that little component, but I'm aster, well, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Go to law school.
Speaker 1: That's today.
Speaker 7: I'm allowed to be excused on my igor.
Speaker 3: I don't think I got blonde hair. I got double excuses. Listen that The whole point is they filed that lawsuit and that is really gotten by very quietly, and I'm sure that the Biden.
Speaker 7: Administration has been able to try and slow that down as best as they're able.
Speaker 3: But that's not going to be able to be stopped.
Speaker 7: No, it's not, because what happens is it's impifications everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, every piece of legislation from this point forward is going to have to very specifically identify the role that the administrative state has. And if it doesn't administrates, not an administrative state isn't gonna be able to shoehorn rules and regulations into some other piece of legislation, which is what they do all the time. That's how a tablespoon of water on private land can be considered a navigable stream or something. It's nonsensical, it's way beyond the pale. It has nothing to do with what was originally contemplated by the environmental legislation ergo, it is not valid that is in place right now. So funny going forward basis. See, this is where the retroactive look comes from the Doge group Elon Musk Vive Gramma swimming making executive order suggestions because that is the law now. So look, we've taken to look at all these different administrations, all or these different pieces of legislation and the rules and REGs that sprung from them. And here is the entire list, volumes, thousands of pages of regulations that were way beyond the pale, and their ergo have been deemed by the Supreme Court to be unlawful, illegal, beyond the scope of the legislation, outside of their power eradicate all of them. You can go back decades and do that. The world will be a completely different place if they're successful with this an absolutely completely different places. And so to undo the eradication of those rules which exceeded the authority, the Congress would have to go back and enact legislation that specifically provides for those agency rules and REGs. And I don't see a Republican administration doing that. So we could be free of a substantial regulatory burden on a going forward basis. If they stick to their guns and the principles that they've outlined, it's going to be a beautiful thing. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk Fasten pro Roofing. Yay to Eric and Lauren. They're engaged. Thank you Eric for asking my daughter to be your bride. And I say that because Eric, of course works for fast and pro Roofing. He may be the guy that does your roofing estimate. Have lots of listeners come and their time. He goes over to a place, the listener's like, hey, listen to Brian Thomas, and he told me he said he might be coming over. He's a great kid. He really outstanding kid. And I think you'll figure out that on your own if he comes over. They have more than one person that does estimates, but he's been the roofing business I think since he was in high school. So that out of the way. Fast and Pro Roofing more about the company since nineteen ninety nine, A plus of the better business VERA Ray and a Man are outstanding people and their crews are superior at the work that they do. True craftsman. When it comes to replacing roofs. You can get any kind of roof in residential and commercial. You want to get rid of a shingle roof and go the metal roof, we'll do that for you. Uh. Maybe you have an Adobe roof or a slate roof. They do work on those as well. Box gutters, custom hands solder and they can reline the ones you've got, rebuild new ones. Uh, gutters and gutter guards of all types and exterior project's galore. I highly recommend you check out the gorgeous work that they do. But just heading over to the web page Fasten Fast and fastenproroofing dot com and then called because the inspection is free, guaranteed, honest, and there's so many companies out there that will rip you off. And then always irks me, and I've been talking about that for years and to this day it still irks me that there's the unscrupulous people out there will take advantage of even seniors out there. And then when is seniors going to be crawling around on the roof looking to see what's wrong with it? And would you be able to figure out what's wrong with it if you were up there? Not me? I have fast and pro roofing at my side. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five, and fare comes up. We can congratulate him. Y N A plus with a better business bureau again online fastenproroofing dot com fifty five car the talk station turn out to be your radio. Here's six thirty three here fifty five KRCD talk station. Feel free to call. I do have time for at least a couple of local stories here. Got a man dead after a shooting in a bar Reading, according to the Writing Police Department of the Statement, at eleven thirty pm on Friday, officers showed up at the Lounge seventy nine hundred blocker Reading Road for a man had been shot in the chest. Once they got there, they found a fifty three year old excuse me man in the parking lot with what they said or multiple gunshot wounds, taking the UC Medical Center and pronounced dead. Police haven't identified the victim yet at least police did also did not say if they have any suspects, but if you have information about the shooting, please contact the Reading Police Department, specifically Tenant Daniel Attire or Detective Lenninger five three seven three three forty one twenty two thirty two yuro old man shot and killed Saturday evening in the East End court of the CINCINNTI Police Department. They showed up at the twenty four hundred block of Callahan Street about six point fifteen for reports of a person shot. When they arrived, they found Dustin Colvin suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. First responded to attempted life saving measures, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. No suspects in the shooting as of yet. The investigation is ongoing, so if you have any information, called the homicide Unit five one three three five two thirty five forty two and we had the train to Ramn and Queensgate several train cars to the EU Road. Happened Saturday night Queen's Gate Corn of the Sincinni Fire Department the Cruise Dispatch of the thirteen hundred block of West Merrion Way. About nine pm, train cars operated by CSX officials found that eight cars which were carrying a shipment of new automobiles derailed. Some of the train cars struck the support columns for the sixth Street viaduct and one of them disconnected and fell right into the Mill Creek. No hazardous materials on the trains, according to all reports. O DoD Bridge inspectors shut down the viaduct to make sure there were no structural integrity issues, and it reopened about three hours after the derailment. CSX said the train car that was in the Mill Creek has been recovered. I don't know about your car delivery though, six thirty five fifty five krs the talk station. Feel free to call. And another call you want to make is the plum type plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. Every time you work with plumb type plumbing. From northern Kentucky to Dayton and everywhere in between, plumbing done right. They live by that motto and they do a wonderful job, A plus with a better business bureau, and hundreds and hundreds of happy, happy customers been serviced by Plumb type plumbing, including me, my house, my family, multiple plumbing projects, including emergency projects. They do that twenty four hour days, seven day we can count on. Plum type plumbing is so easy to schedule appointment. Two ways to do it calls seven two seven, tight t te seven two seven eighty four eighty three. But last time I scheduled appointment, I did it online. It was on a Sunday, and Wow, they got back with me in no time. It was like five minutes after I left the appointment. They request for an appointment online. So I can't guarantee that it's gonna be the case all the time, But so say, do specialize in twenty four hour days, seven day week emergency service. It didn't surprise me. They're great about communication, they're exceptional customer service, and you'll know exactly when they're going to showup because they always are great about contacting you and staying in touch with you, and the price always fair and ethical. No matter how big or small the job you're count you were lying on the right people with plumb tighte Plumbing family owner operated since nineteen ninety nine. So give them a call five one three seven two seven Tight online find more information and learn more about the company and what they can do for you. It's plumtight dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here's your Channel nine first morning weather forecast. Cloudy day today with a slight chancerra and high sixty five down to fifty five. Overnight showers show up before sunrise, and we get morning showers tomorrow, going up to sixty nine and partly cloudy every night down to forty eight. Mostly sunny Wednesday with a chance of showers. High A fifty seven. It's fifty six right now. Let's see what Chuck has to say about traffic from the UCE Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 8: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education and printing at options from the experts at U. See help len mor Ad you seehelp dot com. Highways just beginning to build northbound four seventy one slowly coming across the bridge. Elsewhere not all that bad, including southbound seventy five out of Sharonville. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty fifty five r CD talk station Happy Monday. Feel free to call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three Talk fifty on AT and T phones and at fifty five case dot com, where you can get freaked out by doctor Naomi Wolfe's book compilation the Pfeiser Papers Pfiser's Crimes against Humanity. Talked to her on Friday and just really could not believe what I was hearing from the doctor. And the good thing about that book, first question out of the gate to her was the source materials that comprise that book came directly from Peiser's own records as a consequence of litigation requests for information FO you and otherwise. Litigation resulted the Infeiser being forced to disclose all of the research they did leading up to the COVID nineteen vaccine. And it will freak you out. I mean, just listen to the podcast. You don't have to believe me. Look at the researchers who did all the work it comprised the book that she put together. She's like the editor of the book. She didn't draft it herself, but this is again source material from Pfiser, just scary and her conclusions are really what is the most scary about everything in there? So that's one podcast you should really check into. My friend Maureen suggest that that should be on the short list for best of shows down the road when I'm taking time off or I'm otherwise sick anyhow, and everybody's got a list. Announcement they've been coming ever since. The Trump you know, transition team has announced this Department of Government Efficiency to be headed up by Elon Musk and Viva Gramma Swaman. I know I'm talking a lot about it this morning, but I'm excited about that. We need to cut the spending and government and all the fraud, wasted abuse is just overwhelming. So let's go to the Daily Caller for their list, because everybody's got one.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Right now. The current administration, the Biden Harris administration, apparently on track to have paid out over one trillion dollars in improper payments by the time Trump takes office the end of January. Trillion a thousand billion. I mean, I like to emphasize that, because I did. Everybody's sort of eyes glaze over when you throw around a trillion here and a trillion there, and oh my god, it doesn't mean anything anymore. You're looking out of a landscape of one thousand stacks of one billion dollars. Each billion dollars represents the stack of one thousand million dollars. It's a lot of money, and that's well. Improper payments. Improper payments, defined by our federal government, is any disbursement made by the government to the wrong person, in the wrong amount or for the wrong reason. Let's point out regular examples of improper playments includes erroneous payments made through Medicaid and medicare, misallocated COVID nineteen eight, benefits paid to dead people, and taxpayer funds to lost lost to fraud. Large sums of improper payments are not a problem unique to the Biden Harris administration, of course, go back to the Trump administration. The government disclosed eight hundred and fourteen billion dollars in inflation adjusted improper payments. You know this could only come about and the government is so huge and so ridiculously large, that there's no way in God's green Earth that can account for all the money that's flowing out the door again. Going back to the story, I started a morning show with the pentagons, failed at seventh audit with a promise that they'll get it right by twenty twenty eight seventh straight financial audit. Anyhow, you can recover some of these the Biden Harrison administration of the close to one trilling that will be paid out over the current over the four year term, they recovered about fifty one billion dollars that of the two hundred and thirty five point seven billion that it erroneously paid out, and just calending your twenty twenty three tax dollars funding LGP activism abroad, get a load of some of the money that you and I are working each and every day to pay for. Spokesman for the State Department they previously told explain that promoting LGBT inclusion in other countries is a foreign policy priority of the current administration. Under Biden, the State Department, as well as the United States Agency for International Development USA have spent millions of dollars working to fund transgender surgeries, bankroll LGBTQ activists, and engage pro transgender I guess social engineering not in our country, although they're doing it here, but in other country. Court of Reporting USA gave two million dollars to Associacion Lambda, which is a Guatemalan based organization to engage in pro LGBT activism and provide people with gender affirming care. This organization attempts to influence elections in Guatemala and meets with government officials to engage in advocacy. Meanwhile, State Department funded the production of Again in This One funded a production of a play in North Macedonia where the play features God as a bisexual that has constant sex with Hermaphrodeitic, angels and communists are painted in a positive light. I can only read what's written, folks in another time, in another place, I would have called a giant barber streiss and flag on that description. But you know where we are these days. He thanks Jo being your researcher with a heritage foundation, a more conservative organization. Simon Hankinson wrote and report a couple of years ago. Americans are far from agreeing on how to deal with race, sex and gender, and schools and workplaces that would be Americans. Even when the US national consensus is there, Restraint is always necessary and attempting to convince other nations that one's own values should be theirs, like, for example, US trying to oppose these particular values LGBTQ plus IA whatever on. Oh, I don't know Muslim countries who don't agree to or abide by the idea that it's even appropriate behavior. And yet we spend a whole bunch of money alienating those nations and alienating their citizenry from the United States, who they look upon as completely batcrap and saying, now you've got a finite amount of money and you're trying to curry favor with other nations. Do you really want to try and change their culture that radically when they do not abide. That's what's going on going on. That's the point of his comment of the Heritage Foundation. So, I mean, I could go on for hours and hours on this. There's a couple of illustrations that the Daily Caller pulled out. Bobby's on the phone, Bobby, hang on, I'll get you your call just a second. I want to mention John Ryan pressed Ees interiores because if you want your kitchen done right, you want John on your side or at your side for your kitchen and modeling project. And he will be He's your true partner in a kitchen and modeling project. His company is Prestige Interiors, and you can check out his website and a lot of the projects he's done over the here is not all of them, mind you, but a lot of them. He's done kitchens large and small jobs, both large and small, just like changing out cabinets and countertops as a small job, or completely gutting your entire kitchen space and starting from scratch, which is what John did for us right there at the beginning, talking about design, flow form, function, better storage solutions. He has got at all a really really nice guy to work with too. You're going to enjoy working John. He's just a sweet guy and he will certainly bring about what you want for your kitchen. He'll stay within your budget too. He's got an A plus with a better business brown. Remember the National Kitchen and Bath Association, and again check them out online. First they pressed these one two to three dot com. See what he can do for you, and then get him a call. Tell him. Brian said, how when you do it? Five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, the.
Speaker 1: Channel nine says clouds today with a slight chance of ring going up to sixty five over ant fifty five showers before sunrise. So tomorrow morning you get showers, partley, cloudy, sky's on a highest sixty nine, clouds overnight as well, low forty eight and mostly sunny Wednesday, although there is a chance of showers fifty seven to high for Wednesday. It's fifty six right now. In time for a traffic update from the UCL Tramphaning Center.
Speaker 8: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personal ized education and treatment options from the experts? Say you see hell learn more at you see help dot com. Northbound four seventy one, beginning to fill in a bit more between Grand and downtown. I had two to three extra minutes to get across the bridge. Elsewhere highway traffic not all that bad, including northbound seventy five in the cut schock Ingramont fifty five krz the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is six point fifty two on a Monday. We're from Keith, destric from the care starts now at top of the our new special opportunity to help find a cure for cancer across the board, and it's nearly beginning with pediatric brain cancer and anytimes going to head over to the phones, Bobby was kind enough to hold over the breake there, Bobby, welcome back to the morning show. It's always good to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 4: Hey, happy Monday, my brother. It's the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning. Well, I got a couple of little things for you today, all right. One thing is we can save a little over five million dollars by taking the seven twenty four protection from doctor Fuci. He still has a complete security detail on him five million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that weird that he gets protection and literally nobody else in government other than like former presidents and vice presidents and people of that level get protection. I mean, I don't know. Maybe did doctor Fauci do something wrong to the American people that would lead him to be subject to some sort of maybe threat. Perhaps, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He did something right, he resigned.
Speaker 1: Well that is true. Well he saw the right out of the wall.
Speaker 4: You're still there, really, yes, sir, I'm saying the missile system that they are deploying in Ukraine, it's being manned by US troops. People don't know that they haven't been trained on it yet.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did see reporting that we did send troops into Ukraine to service our equipment, and that is not a good thing. Remember how the Vietnam War escalated. We started with advisors, didn't we, Bobby, Yes, sir, Yeah, this is that ATACAM system. ATACMS, which is army tactical missile system, requires specialized knowledge and of course access to specialized information and knowledge which requires a US security clearance that only American Americans can provide. Meaning we are directly involved in direct warfare with the Russians, including launching missiles deep into Russian territory.
Speaker 4: One other thing too, it's a short walk from Belarus into Kieo, remember that very short walk.
Speaker 1: I don't know quite how I'm supposed to interpret that, Bobby, I sure appreciate the call. Yeah, it's an really interesting development, on top of which you know you have the approval, and why late this late in the game, Biden's been holding back the approval of Ukraine's use of these long range missile systems. They apparently go up to like one hundred and ninety miles, which will allow them to hit the building up of North Korean troops as well as some other Russian troops. Is fifty thousand troops that Russia has amassed ten thousand soldiers from North Korea, and they're outside of the range of I guess what Ukraine has been using. So you got access to these longer range missiles. They're saying that they could then attack those particular forces. But astute observers pointed out that well, these Attakams surface the service missiles strike between one hundred and hundred and ninety miles away. Russia can simply move most of its war material further away in many cases has already done so. So maybe well we'll hold we'll hold back authority to use them until the Russians get the idea that we're going to allow authority for the Ukrainians to use them, and by that time they'll have moved everybody out of the area that could be impacted them impacted by them rendering them. Well, I guess pointless. I don't know nothing in this entire conflict. It makes any sense to me. Six fifty six fifty five Krsity talk station. Tomorrow we'll get the deep dive with Daniel Davis. I feel pretty certain that Daniel Davis will offer some of his personal insight into that retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis. Every Tuesday at eight thirty stick around, we'll hear from a care starts Now's Keith death reachap at the top of the our News. Then former Vice Mayor Christopher Smithman with the smith Event at seven twenty.
Speaker 9: When you want to know, when you need to know, when you have to know, you can be in the know right here on fifty five cars Talk Station.
Speaker 1: It's seven oh five and fifty five karsite Talk Station, Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the nice things about being the host of the fifty five krsite Morni Show as I finish on my eighteenth year, as the opportunity to spread the word on causes that I just think are absolutely wonderful and to be able to, you know, spread the word and let people know about it and maybe get people to help out, maybe inspire people to help out. It's just been one of the true blessings of this job. And for almost as long as I've been on radio, one of the organizations that I've been trying to spread news about is the Cure Starts Now. I was so inspired when I first met Keith and Brooke Desrich and they're obviously very sad. Tale that started the Cure Starts Now, which has just been a wonderful organization. They lost their daughter to pediatric brain cancer, and you know, as many people do, you can wallow in misery and you can you know, just sit back and say, oh God help me a bad hand and woe is me, or you can learn from it and decide you're going to do something about it. And that was what the inspiring thing about it was. They learned, you know, they dealt with their tragedy and they still deal with it to this day. But what a wonderful outcome after so many years. The Cure Starts Now going strong is now a global operation thanks to folks like my listeners who help out and contribute and participate and this strong community that they've created. Keith Destertz, Welcome back to the Morning Show, my friend. It's a real pleasure having you on to talk about the giving first campaign he got going on right now.
Speaker 10: Yes, thank you, Brian. Yeah, it's it's uh, you know, I know we normally get together. We'll talk about Greater's Ice cream. We'll talk about, you know, some of the bourbon raffles and things like that. This is just a pure opportunity to give thanks effectively.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: It started out as I think everybody knows about Giving Tuesday, and certainly you know about a Black Friday, small business Saturday, Cyber Monday, and then we get to giving Tuesday, and which is after.
Speaker 1: Something which as it comes after that after exactly right now, some of my listeners have said, wait a minute, what the hell is Giving Tuesday? Oh, I'm serious.
Speaker 10: Well, it's recognition that we focus on ourselves, or we focus on our families, but sometimes we don't.
Speaker 3: Focus on those that maybe the.
Speaker 10: Less fortunate once and it's a charity.
Speaker 3: Day, is what it is.
Speaker 10: But even still, it just seems wrong to kind of put that to the end. And we were kind of puzzled by that whole concept, and frankly, it felt like our kids and the fight against cancer was getting leftovers, if.
Speaker 2: You would, after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 10: And so what we did is we said that has to change, and so we created a thing called Giving First, and it puts it at the front of the chain and effectively is an ask to help us be able to beat cancer. And help us save our kids.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds a wonderful idea moving it ahead of schedule.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I didn't connect the two in regarding our upcoming now conversation this morning, But this morning, in the five o'clock hour, I had just seen yet another article and every year they come out, you know, for the man who had gifts, for the man who has everything, gifts of the woman who has everything. Was like, well, if you have everything that you really need a gift. You know, if sus squad and struggle in the world to try to find something that's going to be in some way, shape or form meaningful to someone who's got everything, or at least you perceive and was having it, how about a charitable gift in their name. I think that, to me is the ideal kind of gift where someone doesn't really need anything.
Speaker 10: Well, and not to mention what we're what we focus on with cure starts nown was we focus on research, we focus on giving life, We focus on giving time. You know, these are kids just like my daughter, that facing cancers that are some of the most difficult cancers out there, cancers for which there is no cure, cancers that are almost one terminal. But these are the cancers that the experts believe if we can beat we can probably.
Speaker 2: Beat them all.
Speaker 3: And so this is what we focus on.
Speaker 10: But when you give this gift, what you're doing is you're giving time, You're giving you the benefit of good research and hopefully life. And you know, we're seeing some great results out of it. And this is just us asking to try to get some folks to get involved with it and participate on it. And it's not just local you'd started here, but as you pointed out, it's in even international at this point.
Speaker 1: It really is. It's just mind blowing. And how many years have you has it been since you started the care Starts.
Speaker 10: Now, Well, we lost our daughter seventeen years ago, so for about eighteen years, been in this fight for about nine months prior is her battle, and we've helped out thousands of families. We've been able to double the lifespan of these kids. That's not much considering we're only talking still about probably less than two years, but we've already uncovered some very very big things that have changed how we fight cancer for every type of cancer that's out there.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I talked to the OHC folks all the time, one because because I'm a patient, but I have them on the radio program, and they're always talking about these new car ties, cell therapies, the genetic level therapies. Has that entered into the pediatric brain cancer, the geoblastoma types.
Speaker 10: They they that and even even more beyond it, where that was something that you know, we're talking about and still part of of of a bigger strategy. But we're even talking about brand new types of radiation that's being developed here at since a children's hospital that we're participating on that actually is starting to be some effects that are similar to what we see with CARTI and some of the other strategies. So you know, it's there's some real cutting egg stuff here that just you won't find anywhere else we are talking about. We just we just had a grant. We affectionately called it our uh uh b f G project, and certainly that.
Speaker 2: Means big fat grant.
Speaker 10: And what that focuses on is as it focuses on the idea that we should change how we have effectively develop some of these therapies and maybe wrap them in different ways to create a continual effect that you know, it's more sustaining and more moderate that maybe the body will tolerate and change how we deal with every type of chemotherapy and.
Speaker 2: Various types of treatments out there.
Speaker 10: So, I mean there's some real big things that you get down in the weeds with it, but effectively Give First is the name of the event, and that's today we run. It's about four hours long, and we have hundreds of families worldwide that participated it. And what we're doing is is we're asking people to learn about their stories, to learn about this fight, and to help us by funding some very very good research. So we're going to do storytelling. It's kind of a telethon, but more importantly, it's stories of promise, of hope, and of great research that we're going to hope to inspire people to get involved. Well.
Speaker 1: And the one thing that I think it's important to emphasize, you're doing something that nobody else was ever doing because this pediatric brain cancer is such an aggressive cancer and does lead to death in a rather short period of time. It's not something that regularly got any funding. You know, people and breast cancer is important, it got a lot of funding, but your survival ray. With breast cancers a lot longer, getting longer every year, of course, but at least there was time to do clinical trials and focus on that. You know, with pediatric brain cancer, you know, by the time you get some child into some sort of treatment product, if there is any, you know that their time is up. So it has never been the focus of much funding. You've actually transformed that whole dynamic, coupled with the idea that you're one of the only organizations that I'm aware of in terms of cancer research that has coordinated cancer researchers from around the globe to share research and come up with something that maybe even far transcends pediatric brain cancer. The home run cure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, and I'd like to break it down with folks that I mean, we all have been touched by cancer. I've been touched by other types of cancers within our family. I mean, certainly Brian, you've also been touched by cancer too. And at the end of the day, what it is is we're normally presented with you can do this, you continue participating chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, immunology, and you can have odds of maybe you know, thirty percent forty percent fifty, although we up to ninety percent. And if you're presented with those options, certainly you take them because it gives you some hope, It even gives you some odds with it. But the type of cancers that we're dealing with are cancers where they come to you and said, there's nothing and you're going to die from this. And so what happens is is these families, and sadly enough for our children, sometimes are forced to try things that.
Speaker 1: Are totally new.
Speaker 2: So we're actually inventing a new way.
Speaker 1: To cure cancer.
Speaker 10: Rather than surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and immunology. We have to create something brand new to really push the signs along rather than tweaking our way to treatments. And that's what cure starts now. He is, it's the hope of a home run cure. It's the belief that we have to really revolutionize how we focus on cancer. If we're going to cure it, we're going to get better at treating it every other way. But this, this is how we actually cure it for good. And the results are already here. You know, we would talk about hope eighteen years ago. We would talk about it even up to fifteen years ago. Now for the first time, we actually have some brand new things that no one has ever done, and it's it's strategies that are being used in every cancer out there, and they're being used worldwide.
Speaker 1: And it's all thanks to folks giving to the cure starts now tens of millions of dollars toward research over the years, and we can continue that. Your goal for today is eight hundred thousand dollars globally.
Speaker 10: Hundred thousand here to find another BFG project and we want to be able to cure cancer. And folks can see it by simply going to give dash first dot org. Let's give dash first dot org. You can watch it, you can hear the stories from five to eight. We hope that you donate to it and participate in it and help us fund some some really good, great research. And now you're going to learn about families that are here in the in the United States and Canada and Australia, even Japan. We just opened up a Japanese chapter this past week. And what we're trying to do is we're trying to unify a world to be able to finally beat cancer.
Speaker 1: Because we've talked about it enough.
Speaker 10: Now it's the time to actually care it.
Speaker 2: And be done with it.
Speaker 1: Well, and you've already created some inspiration for folks out there that previously, as you pointed out, had nothing to look forward to or nothing to hope for. So you've already almost at two hundred thousand dollars. I'm looking at this page right now again. Give dash first dot org. Just Derekkers put the link on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com. I mentioned it last Friday. It's up there again today, Today's today. Check it out, and please you know, five bucks, ten bucks, you got one thousand dollars, maybe a company out there once the done, eight, ten, twenty, they'll take whatever you can throw their way and it will be put to the best possible use. Keith, God bless you.
Speaker 10: Not to mention, we actually even have people who are matching it, so we actually have a situation. If somebody donates five dollars, it's going to be the effect of fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh so three times match, Yeah, three lots.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cool and we want to use up all of it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, and God bless those folks out there, they're doing that, and God bless you and everyone involved in the cure starts now. I wish it never had to have started, but Keith you have done a wonderful job, you and Brooke and now people have inspiration and hope where none existed. And thanks to my listeners for in advance for helping out today give dash first dot or go to fifty five kresy dot com. I can't remember that, Keith, looking forward to some positive results on the fundraiser today.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you very much, Brian.
Speaker 1: Anytime, anytime, anytime, seventy eighteen five k SE Detalk station Christopher smithing up next. Foreign exchange first though, get your car fixed for less money in foreign exchange. That is what it's all about. I always say the bottom line of foreign exchange is your bottom line. Because you get your car fixed to your satisfaction by an ASC certified Master technician, they'll have data access to your manufacturer technical little bit technical information. Does it matter where your car came from, if it's traditional foreign manufactured car, even if it's made in Kentucky, whether it's Japanese or Asian. In tradition, it is gonna be fixed at foreign exchange with a full warranty on parts and service for less money, less money, less money. I love saving money across the board. It's helped me out through my entire life. You don't want to sacrifice on quality, but you do want to pay less. And that's what my friends at Foreign Exchange do each and every day. BOSH certified business. You're gonna love working with them, and we, my wife and I recommend the Westchester location. So go I seventy five and do you hit the Tylersville exit. Go east on Tylersville just two streets hanging right on Kinglin and you'll run right into Foreign Exchange Westchester location. Please tell them Brian said, hi. When you stop in and when you call for that appointment, it's five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six. Oh and let's not overlook they're all trained now to service Tesla's. You got a better place to go than the Elon musk and dealership FORIGN Exchange six four twenty six, twenty six Online find him at Foreign X four in the letter x dot com.
Speaker 5: Our first students arrived in't.
Speaker 1: He see on a Monday? It's time Apologies for my coughing and my clearing my throat. Welcome back to the fifty five Casy Morning Show. It's time for the smith Man. Former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman, returns of the fifty five Carsey Morning Show every Monday at this time to vent his spleen. Welcome back, Christopher. Love having you on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Brian. You know, the Lake and Riley case in Georgia that will be back for the world to see is one of the reasons President Trump won the election. And if you remember, Georgia went to Biden by about twelve thousand votes four years ago. But when the Lake and Riley case broke that somebody who illegally came into this country made it to Georgia, hunted a college student. Are looking for a female college student to rape, and came upon Lake and Riley taking a jog, her normal jog, and he brutally murdered her. It sent a message to all Americans. It didn't matter whether you were black or white, or Latino or Asian. It was about your family, your daughters. And that could have been me and my situation. And people in Georgia, some of them suburban white women, were thinking most likely the southern border, so far away from me. This has nothing to do with me, and it has something to do with all of us that we have these types of people in our country who are praying on Americans like this, like what we're listening to. And even though Lake and Riley and no one should forget her name, she fought for her life and her devices that she had as a runner, because I was a long distance runner, that she had really showed her entire struggle in that fight for eighteen minutes when her heart ultimately stopped. Every parent in the United States of America could see themselves in that situation and never wanted it to happen to our babies. And so this election was everything about in Georgia, the Lake and Riley case, and it was one of the reasons President Trump wore in that state.
Speaker 1: Well, he certainly, I mean, obviously, we have a stark contrast and immigration policy between the Trump administration and the Biden administration, And lots of people are sort of out loud asking the question, what is with the Biden administration and its refusal to secure the border. Many think people are there, you know, population replacement. Oh, we need more workers to do the jobs Americans are not doing. Come up with their own reason. But open borders means many countries, and we all know this has happened. It's been well documented, literally emptied their prisons. This is not the first time it's happened under Biden's watch. It's happened to the prior administrations too. You know, the Cubans could overwhelm, empty the prisons, send them to Florida. It's you're going to get the worst of the worst, especially if a government is helping facilitate the transfer of those evil people from their country into the United States.
Speaker 2: And the scary thing, Brian Thomas, is that we know that there are still millions of people like Lake and Riley's killer still roaming our country, our states, our city, our blocks. And it's a very serious issue. And it's been very frustrating to listen to the governor of California who is positioning himself like he does he is not a part of the United States of America, and that there is some fight where he has to ignore the laws of this country. And so whether it's New York or whether it's California, I'm suggesting to every American, this is our business no matter your political persuasion. It doesn't matter whether you're a Democrat or Republican or an independent. Can't we just agree that having people in our country illegally who are murderers and rapists and thieves that came from the prisons that you're talking about, that they should be removed from our country and sit back. Can't we just agree with that basic point in honor and attribute to the life of Lake and Riley Well.
Speaker 1: I think that's why Donald Trump not only won the electoral College, but the popular vote for the first time in however many years decades by five million votes. Yes, I think the vast majority of people agree with everything you're saying, Christopher Smithman, and the immigration problem and the one that Biden created for one of the reasons that Joe Biden's team Kamala Harris did not get elected and they brought back Donald Trump. Evil Orange Man. Will continue with Christopher smith Aman in one more discussion after I break for a pause for Susette Loew's camp. You love Susette Loe's camp, and I know you will because she is just such a sweet person and for Mortgages, the only one you want to talk to. She's got more experience than probably anybody in the business with more than thirty five years, like probably thirty six now. But she's the sweet as she can be, very wonderful at customer service, knows everything there is and will help you quickly. That's right, thanks to my daughter now engaged, I get to throw that in there again. I'm so happy. First she got engaged over the weekend, so she and Eric are now engaged, me married. But she helped them get their house. They are so happy in it. It's just the beautiful thing to behold. And just a couple of days of working with Suzette secured financing for those young people, and I thought it was great. She took my advice. My daughter even listens to me, and I recommend you did too, because she's licensed in all fifty states being with Cross Country Mortgage including Puerto Rico, no junk fees, no application fees, great rates at a low cost. So regardless of why you need help with mortgage to buy a house, or maybe refinance yourself into some equity, or whatever the case may be, she's the one to call five one three, three one three fifty one seventy six. She'll get right back with you, so feel free to call it any time five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or shoot her an email. Who's at dot Low's camp, Los E. Kamps Who's at dot Low's camp at CC dot com. Men, if you're here, it is your nine first one of the forecasts clouds today with a slice ancer rain and highest sixty five. It's gonna be cloudy overnight, showers before sunrise and the low fifty five, so we start with showers tomorrow morning. It'll be partly cloudy and sixty nine for the high out of forty eight overnight with clouds Sunday for the most part. On Wednesday, although there is a chance of showers in a highest fifty seven and fifty six. Right now, time for traffic from the Ucale Traffic Center.
Speaker 8: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education and treatment options from the extraperts that you see help learn more at U see health dot com. Southbound seventy five break miikes through Lachlan, add an extra five north bounds an extra five minutes now, buttermilk into downtown northbound four seventy one, just a couple of extra minutes needed coming across the bridge. Chuck ingra Month fifty five KR see the talk station seven thirty one.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday always made happier because we had Christopher Smithman, former Vice Manor of the City of Cincinnati for the smither Vents. Would I like to call it Christopher good having you on the show? What else is on your mind?
Speaker 2: Well, brother, I was listening to your show like I do every morning from five to nine am in the morning, and I heard your guest talking about being touched by cancer so many families. I happened to be come by a fundraiser yesterday for a young lady by the name of Elise Vndermeyer, and she has Hopskin's lymphomia foma stage four in her early thirties, two young children, and the community at Jim and Jack's on the River here on the west side of town really came together just extended love and support for her and her children, and her husband and her family. And so I was just listening riveting your last guest talking about how cancer is impacting all of us and how we have to continue to raise money in order to turn back and get better care, better research for those who are suffering. So it was a touching and emotional interview that I was listening to early and I want to thank you for it.
Speaker 1: Oh and I think Keith eeschrich because he and his wife they provide the inspiration. I mean, can you imagine losing your daughter at such a tender young age and then, rather than just letting it impact you for the rest of your life, you decide, you know what, We're going to do something about this. We're going to do the hard work. We're going to start an organization and we're going to figure out a way to prevent this from happening to other families. And wildly successful. Again, they've been at this for eighteen years. They've raised tens of millions of dollars, and they've also had demonstrable success. As it was like, it only takes a couple of people get an idea going provide the foundation for others to assist you. There's so many people out there that want to help. They just don't know how to start, They don't want to start, they don't have the wherewithal, but they got a check book or they got some extra time. You give them the ability to help and they will come.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, absolutely absolutely, and so I just want to lift up again a lease Vandermeyer and her entire family. You're gonna make it. You're gonna beat this, and we send our prayers out. I want to just pivot into WHOOPI Goldberg as I conclude.
Speaker 3: You know, I used to be a very big fan of.
Speaker 1: Hold On, Christopher. I have since we're all of a sudden of time of this break, I am not going to cut this conversation short. So it's seven thirty four, So stop right now. I'm going to bring you back because I got a few words for Whoopy as well, and I never was a big fan se Well like Chris for diving into that way, I think she stepped in it sticker. I'll be right back one more with Christopher Smith than after I mentioned my dear friends at Colin Electric, Andrew Cullen is wonderful team of electricians for residential electric projects. You're in the best possible Lands family United operating since nineteen ninety nine. They pride themselves in their honest reputation. They're happy with the A plus they have with a better business peer well deserved. That is, I am happy with all of the work Colin has done in my house over the years and quite a few projects. It's been in any size project you can call calling to manage, whether it's an outlet installation, canlight installations done, both of those. Wire up your whole bathroom, yeah, done that. NOB and tube replacement and aluminum wiring replacement. Bigger jobs those are, but I didn't have to do that. I did have them wire up my whole house generator. That was a project. But they do a great work and you get attend your wiring warranty and literally everything they do for you, so that's a great thing. Plus the price is always right, it really is, and the customer service is fantastic. They're a well oiled machine for residential electric projects. Call my friends at Culin five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two to learn more. Check them out online Cullen see U l E and Culin Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Lack of housing. We need a space to admit everything. Donal at Channel nine. Weather cloudy day to day, slight chancer, rain and high sixty five overcast with rain before sunrise tomorrow fifty five. The overnight low sixty nine to high tomorrow with morning showers and partly cloudy skies, remaining partly cloudy overnight going down to forty eight, and the sun returns for the most part on Wednesday, although there is a chance at shower fifty seven the high. It's fifty eight right now. It's time for traffics from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 8: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education in treatment options from the extraperts at U see help learn more at UCA help dot com. Step seventy five break mikes through block on the add an extra five northbounds in extra five minutes now, buttermilk into downtown northbound four seventy one, Just a couple of extra minutes needed coming across the bridge.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingrad Month fifty five krs. The talk station seven fifty five k seed E talks station Happy Monday talking with Christopher Smith and the Smith event. Had to shut that conversation down because he was getting ready to dive into Woopy Goldberg. Of course, On the View not exactly a favorite television program of mind a lot of batcrap insanity, if I may be so bold, but I read a few articles about Woopy stepping in it, and I wanted to give you some extra time to address this one. Christopher Smithman, go ahead, well you.
Speaker 2: Know, will you know, Brian, I'm a small business owner. There are a lot of small business owners out there, and for Whoopy Goldberg to first pick on that small business in the time that we're in, meaning we're in tough economic times, it was absolutely outrageous, and they clearly no one was slighting her. The owner of the business of the bakery came out and said, listen, we were having problems, you know, with our boiler. This had nothing to do with Wooby Goldberg. It had nothing to do with her politics, It had nothing to do with her race, it had nothing to do with her gender. We were just a business that was struggling, and when she made the order, we couldn't meet it, and so for her.
Speaker 1: But she made the order a couple weeks in advance, and at that time they were trying to manage her expectations because their boilers were down and they didn't know if they'd be able to fill it in time, and they didn't want to disappoint her by saying, well, you know, we couldn't get the situation fixed, we can't make good on it. So they were managing an expectation. They were doing what every good business does.
Speaker 10: And they would be She would be crazy to think, no matter what her political persuasion was, her having those treats live on TV helps them, doesn't hurt them, right, So she gets on the she gets on the National TV and just starts blasting that one hundred and forty six year old business. But by the way, if boomerang not only on her, if boomerang not only on their on their show The View, but it enhanced the profile of a bakery that you and I would not have even known about if we didn't live on the East, on the East Coast. And so the problem with all of this victimization, meaning this is an example of someone who just bathes in being a victim. They walk around every day thinking somebody is out to get me. And so no one was out to get Woopy Goldberg. This was a business that was having a problem, and she decided she was going to go on National TV and attempt to destroy them, to smash them like a fly using her profile to come down hard, and it just blew up in her face.
Speaker 3: All of those.
Speaker 2: Wonderful uh desserts that were sitting out there just exploded upon her. And people are calling from all over the United States of America saying, listen, I'm in Alabama, I'm in Texas. I want to get whatever you have. Oh, we can't ship it to you. Hey, I'm making a donation. Give it to somebody else over the holidays. My point to you is that this is what was wrong with the media from the beginning, meaning they've always been getting it wrong. They sat back and called the called ice through their vice presidential candidate, the KKK. How do you think it made the Lake and Riley community feel? They talk about Trump being hitler, they've called the most recent appointments white supremacists, and now Whoopi Goldberg says they're after me because of my political views. As I try to buy some dessert, I'm saying, shame on this. On the on the on the mainstream media, they still have it wrong and they still have not learned their lessons from the last two years.
Speaker 1: Do you think they will? I guess because you know, I've seen some reports like for example, the Los Angeles Times, which I guess refused to endorse the candidate, and the left within all blew up and like, oh my god, this is terrible. I quit you needed to endorse Kamala Harris, and the owner said, no, We're gonna start trying to take a more fair and balance approach to news these days, because clearly the election reflected that in spite of the drum beat over the past seven years, eight years, however long, they've been beating the crap out of Donald Trump, which has been day one since he threw his hat in the ring to become president. They have been wailing on that guy. Obviously it had well, it had an impact. Perhaps in twenty twenty some people can test the outcome of the election. I'm not one, just let it go. But look how badly Trump beat Kamala Harris and the Democrats across the board in this election in spite of the constant drumbeat and kinda in spite of the crucifixag crucifixion of Donald Trump at a daily basis hitler, fascist, xenophobe hubbub, he kicked the living hell out of him and won the popular boat by like five million people. They've really been kicked back on their heels. So to the Whoopie Goldberg's of the world and the New York Times of the world, and to the other press out there in the mainstream media on television, do you think they're going to realize the eirr of their ways, that we the American people, are not as dumb as they take us to be, or are they going to stick to their current script.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to stick to their current script, Brian Thomas. But I also want to share with you is what you saw happen at the UFC fight at Madison Square Gardens in New York where President elect Trump walks into that stadium with twenty thousand people and it looks like he's about to get in the octagon himself. You would think he was walking in and he was about to take off his shirt and fight himself. My point is that's the disconnect from the media, the mainstream media. They don't understand that people are hurting out here and they are tired of being demonized because they say things like listen, I support the LGBTQ plus community, but I don't want a dude in the swimming pool with my daughter. That doesn't make people ridiculous who live in Prebo County in our state are someone who lives in the suburbs of California. People are tired of all of the identity politics, and we want to get together and solve the problems in America, the border, inflation, right housing issues. And they got tired of watching people go, guess what, We're going to put you up in a hotel. You came here illegally, but we don't have any money for people in North Carolina outside of seven hundred and fifty dollars. We were going through a hurricane and the White House said our solution for you at the beginning was seven hundred and fifty dollars. My point to you is if anybody did not see you at the UFC walk in by by Trump and watch the mainstream media today who won't even cover the Lake and Riley of cover. They're not even covering what's happening in that courtroom, with that, with that American family whose daughter was murdered by somebody who shouldn't have been here, who was released in New York and came and created hell upon a Georgia resident. I'm saying to you, to everybody here, we should be demanding that MSNBC, that CNN, that ABC, that NBC, that all of them should be showing the Lake and Riley a court case, just like they did when they when they were showing other high profile court cases around the world. I'm just saying to you, Brian, I'm tired of it.
Speaker 3: Man. That could have been my daughter.
Speaker 2: That could have been my baby. Man, that could have been your daughter. Congrass she's getting married. That could have been any of our families. That's what this election was about. My brother and I say, hey, look Woopi Goldberg, goodbye, We're tired of your craziness. And let me end by saying, in love to a least Vandermeyer, a fourth stage Hoskins with FOMA patient, we support you and your family and your two children and your husband, because that's what this country is about. It's about coming together, no matter your race, no matter your gender, no matter where you live, and just support people. And that's where I stopped through at Jim and Jack's and said, hey, I experienced this. My wide died of breast cancer, and even though she wasn't a survivor, we're gonna make you a survivor. We're gonna make you, Brian Thomas, a survivor. We're gonna make anybody listening today who's laying in their bed saying I don't have hope.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give them hope.
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas, thank you so much for allowing me to come on your show.
Speaker 1: Brother, Always a pleasure. I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you, and I appreciate that passion in your voice, especially on a topic like cancer and of course illegal immigration and the tragedy that's that that that illustrates right there, Christopher. Until next Monday, God bless you. Love you too, man, We'll talk real soon. Stay well, set fifty five KR, see the talk station. Get in touch with QC Kinetics. You know there are different ways to treat pain, and maybe even down the steroid shot run uh huh. Maybe your doctor's talking to you about surgery. Maybe you don't want to take pain medications anymore, although without it you are in pain. Well tell you what, if you're tired of lim with chronic pain, you know, knee pain, joint pain, hit pain, get the relief you deserve without going under the knife. If your body does heal itself. He's the finger cut example. You know, cut your finger, give it a couple of days, it's gone. Well, that's your body's natural healing agents at work. And QC Kinetics takes those identical healing properties and concentrates them right there in the joints where you have that pain, which helps heal and restore the aky areas. The treatment is now available right here in Cincinnati three QC Kinetics the nation's leader in regenerative medicine. The result moving again without pain. Imagine the thought of that they've treated thousands of patients they apparently had credible results. Finally relief from the arthritis pain, the injury pain without surgery or down to time, and no steroids or pain pills. So if you got it and your knees, your shoulders, your hip or back, how about checking it out. See if you're a good candidate with the new treatments here, and you can do that for free. Schedule a free consultation. If you're not a good candidate for it, they'll let you know. But why not give it a shot rather than surgery. Schedule your free consultation with QC Kinetics by simply calling five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC. According to Channel nine, we're gonna have a cloudy day to day with slight chancellrain in high sixty five clouds over night showers begin before sunrise tomorrow morning fifty five. That means we have morning showers tomorrow, setting any obvious partly cloudy day with the highest sixty nine. Continue partly cloudy skies overnight with a drop of forty eight, and then a mostly sunny ondesday with a chance of showers fifty seven for the high Wednesday round fifty six degrees. Let's hear about traffic conditions from Chuck Ingram from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 8: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education and treatment options from the experts at U See help learn more at U seehelp dot com. Highway traffic is building quite a bit on South Bend seventy one, close to a fifteen minute delay now Fields turtle passed the Reagan Highway northbound four seventy one backs up past Grand and northbound. Seventy five's an extra ten out of Erlanger Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: In fifty three the fifty five kre CV talk station. I'm a very happy Monday to you, so starting them with my cough, and I've been apologizing all morning for that. There's really nothing I can do about it. Nature's healing properties aren't working with me. But then again, if you've had this SRV, you probably know the same thing. It could be weeks and I'm hoping it's not. Let's see if Top of the Air news is gonna hear from Money Mondy's Brian James, inflation tariffs, how social Security recipients are apparently upset about their cost of living adjustments, and how much is Thanksgiving gonna cost you this year? Tomorrow? I am very much. I always look forward to Tuesdays because of the inside scoop with Bright Barton News. But given the developments going on between Ukraine and Russia, and just Russia independent of the war with Ukraine, I see they shut off the gas to Austria. They have limited their exports of enriched uranium to the United States, which think about that concept. We have to rely on the Russians for enriched uranium. Apparently Russia if had no details or timeline off for its uranium export restrictions. The announcement was on Friday. Russian continues apparently leveraging energy as a geopolitical tool and then pointing out to Austria. Austria actually won a court battle, which is why they didn't pay the Russians for the current supply of natural gas. They were awarded like two hundred and fifty million dollars or something. So rather than you know, I guess, try to go after Russia to get that money, they just said, well, well, what does not pay you for what's coming in now? Until we reached the amount of the settlement or of the legal resolution, they just shut them off. But that we have to rely on Russia for US enriched uranium. It's just it's mind boggling. This on the cusp of what appears to be an opening to the whole concept of nuclear plants being opened more readily in the United States of America. It's an interesting quirk to that reality, isn't it just in time? So supporting the Russian and the build up of their military and apparently the Russians. Russians ongoing war against Ukraine, doing so with American dollars, at least up until recently when they suspended the enrich uranium production. Crazy, impossible to understand world in which we live. Let's try to understand money matters. After the top of the our news money money with Brian James coming right up. Ever changing world. There's one constance you can depend on. Fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: At the top end, bottom of the hour. This rebear anytime, take your info to go.
Speaker 3: I'm listening your powered by.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station eight A five Here at fifty five KRCD talk station. Very happy Monday too. It is that time of day and time of week every Monday at this time. Brian James all with financials. Brian James, help us out with money matters. We're going to talk a little money Monday. Welcome back, Brian. I hope you had a nice weekend.
Speaker 9: Good morning, and welcome to Red's Hot Stovely right, it's time to change our focus to that.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess I watched a lot of football. I said I stially didn't stay out for the Bengals game. Thank god it didn't bother with that. But it's real exciting football. But I have to keep pointing out for listeners who are just now tuning in. I now have and engaged a daughter. They got engaged over the weekend, So Eric and Lauren are going to be wet and I'm as excited as I can. We are all excited about it. So really great news from the Thomas family this this Monday. So just had you and her and everybody, well, thank you man. He's a good kid and they seem to be a great team, which is really inspirational to everybody. All Right, inflation tariffs. We know Donald Trump's president elect, and he's been talking tariffs for a long time. I read the Wall Street Journal every single day of my life, and you get some Some are saying terrible ideas. Some are saying maybe not a bad idea. Got to be delicate about it. There's some upsides, there's some downsides. It seems like opinions are like sphincter's. Everybody's got one, but inflation and tariff's number one on the topic list for you, Brian James, what's your take on all this? We don't even really know quite where the tariffs are going to be imposed yet, do we Brian Hell's bells? Can you try to get him back there? Joe don't know how to get him back. I don't know how the system operates. Looks like Joe's cursing. I can't hear what's coming out of his mouth. It's not shocking at all. Regard anyway. President elect Donald Trump has promised manufacturing renaissance. Checking out the USA Today reporting on this when he gets back, pledging terraces to bolster companies and make products in the United States, drive up prices for imported goods to make America make products more appealing. And you can see how this could have a negative repercussions because it's inexpensive to manufacturer stuff in China, which is why everything went to China. They don't have OSHA, they don't have EPA, they don't have obligations for the well global warming problems. They have inexpensive energy. They build coal plants every day while we cut our throats and cut back on our abundant, inexpensive energy. It doesn't make any damn set what Oh, Brian you back, I'm here, you there, I can hear you. Now go ahead, and I was just diving into the article that you on this tariff issue. I'm not quite sure where we are on this. What's your take on the concept of tariffs and basically, how can can we terrify ourselves into a competitive playing field, because I was just going on over all the reasons all the manufacturing appears to have moved to China over the years. Well, they don't have minimum waves, they don't have OSHA, they don't have EPA, they have abundant cheap energy, they have coal plants churning out, belching out in carbon, and they don't seem to care about it. The global warming. People don't seem to tear about it when they do it, But if Western European countries do it, then they care about it, and we get spanked and ridiculed and are told to cut our throats in the name of saving the globe. So can you create a competitive environment through tariffs?
Speaker 9: Brian James, Well, it's tough to say that raising prices and raising the costs of manufacturing things is actually going to drive prices down.
Speaker 3: So that's another headline.
Speaker 9: So what's that stakes here? President like Donald Trump, of course plans to put in some aggressive tariffs. This range is from sixty percent to one hundred percent on stuff coming out of China. Basically Matt saying something that costs you ten bucks last year will could cost you twenty bucks this year when it comes to tacking a tariff onto it. And not only China is in the crosshairs, it's also he's looking at twenty percent on imports from other countries. So these are if you boil this down to the most basic elements, putting tariffs on something raises the price of creating it and shipping it out. So manufacturers aren't going to generally stand around and simply take that. They're going to pass the prices. On matter of fact, we've heard directly from Stanley Black and Decker and AutoZone and some other major manufacturers who have just said they're going to be they're planning on passing these onto customers. So whatever the outcome here is, it's hard to see that this is not an inflationary type of environment. Maybe over the longer haul, I think that the best possible outcome over a very long period of time is that this force is manufacturing to come back home and perhaps creates more jobs and so on and so forth, But we are not looking at here is a method to produce prices overall. So this is not something that's going to battle in place. And that's a whole different approach.
Speaker 1: Well, and I tend to agree with that. Logic and reasons suggests that is the outcome. But even if the idea, you know, hits something, okay, blocking dectors, all right, all right, right, all right, right, these tariffs are killing us. Is causing the price of the drill to go up double And well, let's bring it back to the United States. Could you sell a drill I'm just using that as a random example, obviously for less money if it is manufactured here in the United States. First off, you've got to have you have the the operation, the manufacturing facility built, because we don't have those anymore. You need to employ Americans that probably pretty expensive, maybe even union level jobs. You've got the problem with electricity being more and more expensive because of the blank and green environment that we have shoved down our throw so that the Chinese don't have to deal with. Wouldn't we be better off with a drill that costs you know, twenty percent more or one hundred percent more coming from China still save more money than if it was even manufactured here, because something suggests that we can't compete even if you throw tariffs on there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So, as I think about this, let's say these tariffs come in and they cause a Chinese drill or a Chinese manufacturer drill to cost more than a drill you know that would be manufactured here. Something tells me that the consumer is still going to be paying more no matter what, because in that case, an American based manufacturer can simply write raise their own prices to fill up that gap, but still leave it just shy of the cost of the Chinese drill, which gives them the ability to waive the American flag and say, look, it's cheaper to buy here, when at the end of the day, the consumer is still paying more either way. Because remember, at the at the end of the day of the decision makers at any publicly traded company, their duties lie to their shareholders, not their customers. Right, so if the market permits them to charge more, they will do so.
Speaker 1: So are we left to just I guess I want to say allowed China to walk all over is because of their low regulatory price and their inexpensive labor and cheap electricity. If we can't compete with that, leaving tariffs off the table, then we're never going to be able to bring manufacturing back to the United States.
Speaker 3: It's a tough tell.
Speaker 9: Remember, there already are tariffs in place. We've had tariffs in place since the first Trump administration, So that happened in July of twenty eighteen. We impose tariffs on about thirty four billion dollars worth of imports, and then in August another sixteen billion dollars worth. Some of those tariffs were kept in place by the Biden administration. So at the end of the day, when we look at the equation that has created the inflationary environment we're in now, we can't ignore the fact that we've already tried this before. Tariffs do not battle inflation. They cause inflation. That's a that's a different fight. We're trying to bring work and jobs back on shore. But this is something that's going to make inflation worse before it coul better well.
Speaker 1: And the reason that manufacturing these products around the world now as opposed to hear domestically is i mean, let's face it, companies are not weed to any particular administration or any particular country. They're not American companies. They're global companies. They're going to go where they can maximize their profit. Going back to the obligation they have to shareholders. If they can make it in China, make more money, maximize profit, they're going to make it there. They're not beholden to the United States of America in a patriotic way, like if you go back and look at the old Soviet Union versus the United States days when there was actually patriotism in the air, that seems to have dissipated.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think people won't buy it anymore, and it's not necessary to try to sell it. I think people at the end of the day are no longer conclude that companies are really fighting for the benefit of their home country. That's just not the case. They fight for the benefit of profit margin. And if that means they need to pull up the ten stakes and move to some other country based on a more favorable tax environment or some kind of inflationary environment or natural resources being president or whatever, that's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 9: One of the companies headlined in here is called Vermont Flannel. Vermont Flannel came out and said they will be passing prices onto their customers. I've not heard of Vermont flannel, but I'm gonna go out on a Limbrian and guess that they don't make flannel in Vermont anymore.
Speaker 1: Probably not all right, let's pause. Apparently Social Security recipients are not real thrilled about the cost of a living increase that they get. Maybe not quite enough in this inflationary environment. More with Money Monday's Brian James after a word for your safety, Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove strongly encourage you, as I have been lately, Please run out today and get yourself a carbon monoxide detector if you don't have one. Truly a lifesaver. And that's something that I don't even know if the Chimneycare fireplaces stuff cells, but they would certainly recommend it. Beyond that, they can check your chimneys and fireplaces for safety. They did it at my house. I had to take out the old insert that the builder put in because it was a fire hazard. That's what an inspection can reveal. I'm glad now I can safely and confidently and comfortably turn my fireplace on any time I want, and it's awesome. The insert that I got is all remote control, total first world. You know, flame adjustments and lighting adjustments and the venting adjustments and how much heat you bring into the room, all fully adjustable. One of the options you got with the Chimneycare Fireplaces stove. They have a multitude of fireplace inserts. They even have self feeding wood waste pellet stove inserts for your typical fireplace free standing stoves. They have those as well. Everything related to fireplaces and chimneys. They do tuck pointing, they do inspections, courses. Starts with an inspection video camera inspection of your flu They can check for whether it needs to be swept, water damage, and they replace it all. They fix it all, including replacing the linings. Of course they do that a plus. The better business Fear have been locally own and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Call them up July Employment to take care of your safety so you can enjoy the comfort this winter. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred Online you'll find them at Chimneycare Co dot com. Fifty five KRC overwhelmed with trying. You should have eight twenty if if you have have krc DE talk station. Brian Thomas talking with Brian James for Money Monday. Care about this all the time, the cost of living adjustment for Social Security. I guess every year and some years it's okay, and some years better than others. And I don't know what what indicator they base the cost of living on, Brian, because sometimes the inflation indicators take out things like food and gasoline, which impact literally every American. But this year, apparently seniors are not real thrilled with the two and a half percent increase, averaging about fifty bucks a month for the normal average recipient, not quite enough to cover the grocery bill. Brian, Right, So this year.
Speaker 9: Everybody's looking at a two and a half percent raise in SOB security. Now I remember this, this is for people who are already receiving so security. If you haven't turned on your Social Securities FIGOT yet, you're continuing to get an eight percent increase, which different story, but that's a little bit part of the problem. We set that in stone eight percent increases sixty seventy years ago. But in any case, now for those current recipients two and a half percent, and a little bit of history. I think we might have gotten maybe a little bit addicted to the most recent increases. So twenty twenty four was three point two percent, and then the whopper was twenty twenty three, where we hit eight point seven percent of pay increases for the character recipients. Yeah, so I think we're kind of back to quote unquote and whatever normal is. We're back to what we usually see. Maybe I'll praise it that way. And I think you're right that because I hear my own clients and talking about their parents in the inflation rates on the increases in so security don't quite cover without the increases and actual prices are. It's simply based on off of CPI, and there have been movements Brian to talk about moving that to something called the CPIE, which is the Consumer Price Index for the Elderly, which, as you might expect, it focuses more on the categories that are significant for seniors, and that's healthcare, housing, and prescription drugs, things like that. Now, unfortunately this has been kicked around in Congress a few times, and it was last discussed though February of twenty twenty three as part of the Fair Coola Act, which the House Ways and Means brought it on the floor, talked about it and said, hey, let's send it to a committee, and the committee promptly did nothing with it. We haven't discussed it since, so I think one of the hard cells of this is Social Security, as you and I discussed every now and then, is not budgeted for. It's something out.
Speaker 3: There that we are obligated. It has to be paid.
Speaker 9: However, we do not account for it. All the budgetary problems we have going on right now, social Security is not in there, and I think there's a lot of hesitance to shine a bright light on that by making social Security a bigger program than it is. Since we don't have a plan for it.
Speaker 1: We do not have a place for it, and the numbers on paper look terrible. If you look about funding and the amount of dollars coming in versus the amount of dollars rolling out, it's well, it's design has currently created to fail. But let me ask you one thing. You mentioned healthcare, housing, and drugs as three very important components of seniors' expenses, and who can argue with that? I circled housing because if you came up with a better plan for the cost of living adjustments within Social Security and ignoring the budgetary implications, how can you deal with a housing market that has blown up in terms of the value of real estate, which has had an obviously corollary impact on real estate taxes? And I hear this all the time. Seniors cannot handle a thirty percent increase in the price of real estate taxes. Social Security can't do anything about that because that's all local. It's all very different state to state. I mean, that's an impossibility, right there, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 9: There's a big conflict there because Social Security, of course, is based off of federal numbers, some kind of average that affects the entire country. While necessarily some of the expenses that get cited by seniors as being out of whack are in places they can't control. So the answer can't simply be you may have to consider moving to some other area that's more that's a little friendlier fear situation. Housing prices incidentally up about a half a percent in month over month in October twenty four, four point nine percent year over year, so we're still seeing these issues despite you know what we have heard about, you know, the economy being having a lot of issues and maybe that will slow things down, but it just simply hasn't happened. Even mortgage rates being higher than they've been in twenty twenty five years have has not done anything to slow it down. So, yeah, this does hit seniors pretty quickly. Again, yes, you're referring to property taxes, but that's the same idea. As long as there's demand, there will be higher property taxes. Localities will have to consider do we want to continue to have send that money toward the you know, the most of them send those dollars toward the education programs they have in place, but perhaps in the future there'll have to be some rethinking of.
Speaker 1: That well, and considering what you do for a living. That's financial planning, Brian James. I mean this illustrates even further younger people, people who are still in working age, maximizing their savings toward retirement so they can better manage these fluctuations.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sure you've had this conversation with with your your newly engaged daughter there.
Speaker 3: I know you have because you've told me.
Speaker 9: But then they yeah, they're at that point of life where they're just getting started. Anybody else in that situation staves safe stay from moment one. You know, if you even if you save more percentage wise in your twenties and you have to back off when the kids show up and things get more expensive, then that is absolutely a far better option than waiting until you're forty to get started. For these coming generations, I would say, including my own, I'm gen x are, our retirement success is going to rely a lot, a lot more on our own savings than that of our predecessors.
Speaker 1: Well, continue one more with Brian James. How much is Thanksgiving going to cost us this year? Should a little focus on just one meal? Money? Monday's Brian James. It's eight twenty five right now, fifty five KCD talk station. Here's an important thing, an important way to save money. I'll tell you what. You can take all the money, you say, by getting your imaging done at affordable imaging services and putting it in your retirement account. I mean, seriously, if you're going to spend three thousand dollars to get an MRI or a CT scan at a hospital and you end up saving that amount, ask my friend Jeff thirty one hundred dollars savings by getting an MRI or a CT scan rather at affordable imaging services. That was real money was gonna come out of his real pocket. That's like found money. So take it and put it away or do whatever you want with it. The point being you can save that kind of money at affordable imaging services. The overhead is really really low, not going to exaggerate it's low overhead. But they have the same kind of equipment the hospitals have. They've been doing this for forty years. So get your MRI, CT scan, Echo cardiogram, ultra sound, lung screening, and cardiac scoring, every one of which will include the board certified radiologists report along with the low price, no no extra. So MRI at a hospital thirty five hundred dollars maybe four grand, you get it with a contrast that affordable it's six forty five, no contrast needed, get it for four hundred and ninety five bucks. CT without a contrast four fifty CT with a contrast six hundred at a hospital five grand, yeah or more. Echo cardigram is only four hundred and ninety five bucks, And again all of them come with the board certified radiologists. I had this from one of the CT scans I got done most recently. You know, my cancer doctor said, here's the here's the prescription. Go to the imaging department at the local hospital. I said, I'm going to Affordable Imaging Services. I do spots for them. It's like fine. You know what she said about the image nothing, It was great, it worked fine, she was able to diagnose me or look at the report and everything, well, didn't go the way I want it, but massive savings. You got a choice when it comes to your medical care. Go elsewhere. Go to Affordable Imaging Services five one three, seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Learn more online all the pricing structure and all the details Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five krc Dale Donovan here from our Favorit Day is sponsored by Lows.
Speaker 1: It's Black Friday built up at Low's.
Speaker 11: Get up to fifty percent offs to like major appliances, plus take an additional ten percent off when you buy other select major appliances. Valid eleven six through twelve four cannot be combined with additional discounts. See Lows dot com for details. While supplies last.
Speaker 1: Ten or nine. First one to one forecasts cloudy day to day, slight chance of rain on High sixty five, gonna be overcast overnight, you get rain beginning before sunrise, low of fifty five overnight, got the morning rain. Tomorrow, it's gonna go up to sixty nine with cloudy skies, overnight low of forty eight with clouds, and Wednesday return of the sun for the most part, although there's still a chance of showers fifty seven on the high end at fifty seven. Right now, let's see about traffic from Chuck.
Speaker 8: Ingram from the UC Health Traffic Center. You one of the thirty eight billion Americans impacted by diabetes. Got person of ice education and treatment options from the experts, say you see help learn more at u sehelp dot com. Southbound seventy one slowly a bit below Field Turtle towards the wreck at the Reagan Highway.
Speaker 1: They're on the left shoulder.
Speaker 8: Rain shower just moved through the area too, doesn't help any northbound seventy five. That's over a twenty minute delay out of Burrow Linger into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty one fifty five kr CD talk station wrapping up another Money Money with Brian James, all or Financials, Brian James and maybe Brian I'm confused. Got this article from lendingtree dot com by the twenty twenty four Cost of Thanksgiving report, and everything's gone up. I understand that, but I guess I don't know. People's perceptions of Thanksgiving must differ from one place to another, because I'm looking at some really outrageous enses for Thanksgiving, and we'll talk about that, but I think over I mean, Thanksgiving was always my favorite holiday. You get gifts at Christmas, but Thanksgiving in our family, it was always the big holiday where all the relatives got together. You know, we have relatives in Lexington and far and wide, and they'd all descend upon someone's house and it would rotate, but everyone sort of brought something, so not one person was left with the entire expense of having to cook, prepare and spread out the bar and the turkey and the dressing and everything else that goes along with it. It's like Joan, you're responsible for the turkey and dressing, and Jerry irresponsible for this, and Brian you're responsible for this. It was never a massive expenditure, even if you had twenty five thirty people to serve, because it was broken up among various family members. We all love the pot luck nature of it, and you know, the camaraderie, the friendship, the celebratory environment. It's just there was nothing. There was no downside about it. Or am I just waxing poetic about time's gone past?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 9: I think some of that is because we have a tendency nowadays to look at data because it's available to us. So when you add up the costs of all those individual dishes, maybe somebody's only outlaying thirty forty fifty bucks. Even that's kind of high for one person, one dish. But when you add it all up this year, what we're looking at is four hundred and thirty one dollars for food, drinks, de core, all that kind of stuff. And that's a nineteen percent increase over last year.
Speaker 3: But I think you're right.
Speaker 9: You break that down across ten people, that's thirty four bucks a person, really not that big of a deal and actually still cheaper than eating out for the night. Yeah, but thirty six percent say that this is actually going to be a financial stream and fourteen percent regret their decision to volunteer to host. So I think these people maybe don't have the same kind of family situation that you and I do, where the load kind of gets shared a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, I understand the decision maybe regretting the host because at the end of the day, everyone leaves and then you got domestic clean up. But that's different. You know, Let's see, you're one day a year. It's not that much of a hassle. But I don't know what what's really gone up the most across the board here. Is it the turkey or something else, or is just literally everything. The one thing I circled that I figured is probably the largest financial strain on any family hosting Thanksgiving is the open bar, because you know, liquor is expensive, and a lot of people have some really high tastes in liquor, and expectations may be high about what you serve and is available at the bar. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and that's definitely a part of it. You know, we've been talking about the cost of moving goods across the country, so that's certainly you know, there's a cost to get those turkeys from the farms to the to the grocery shelves there. But let's not forget our old favorite thing to blame when we talk about inflation, which is eggs. Eggs are up sixty two percent over the last twelve months. That comes from bird flu and demand and things like that. Pumpkin pie filling is up about eighty percent. You know, these are the kind of things that we I know, I didn't. I didn't see that either, but that's something we're certainly not going to have. This is the day we make the excuse that it's okay to eat that stuff. So eighty percent more, yes, sign me up anyway. But yeah, there's the little All these little things, of course add up, and it has everything to do with just the overall cost of goods sold and cost of moving and manufacturing things, and of course the ever present need to expand profit margin when we can get away with it simply because people think things are more expensive. So let's sneak some profit margin in there too.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess one of the nice things you can do is volunteer ahead of time. Regardless of the situation that goes on any giving year in your Thanksgiving life, is at least volunteer to bring something when you come to offset whoever's having the celebration at their house, whether they ask for it or not. Bring the good bottle of bourbon, or bring the wine, or you know, bring a side dish, or at least offer ahead of time, because I think every little bit counts, and you know, it's it's also nice to have. Honestly, I get a great reward when someone enjoys something that I've made, or when I see the looks on people's faces with what my wife has baked. She's a wonderful baker, cookies and pies and everything. I mean, it gives you a tremendous amount of personal fulfillment, which honestly, I don't think you can put a price tag on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I can remember recently my family we did a Thanksgiving dinner around everybody was busy and things were crazy, and we simply went and got a gigantic bucket of fishes chili, and that was the focal point of the kind of apropos this season. May not get able to do a b a chance to do that here in the future, but that just made it easier and cheaper for everybody here in the short run.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of the Christmas story and go to the Chinese restaurant after the Buffins dogs ate the turkey. Right, it's the family component. It's being together that is the important thing, perhaps more so than exactly what you're eating or trying to bring off some Norman Rockwellian image of Thanksgiving that never quite does manifest itself. Anyhow, I still love Thanksgiving, even though there are going to be a lot smaller this year than any years compass. I don't mind a couple extra bucks, and I love the idea getting together and that outweighs money across the board. Brian James, always a pleasure having you on the program. We'll look forward to next Monday, another edition of Monday Monday.
Speaker 3: Good, the Green More.
Speaker 9: It's about family, not food. We will talk to you in one.
Speaker 1: Week, Amen, Brother eight thirty six fifty five KCD talk station. Please feel free to call it. Joe will open up the phone lines. Love to get the company as we close out the morning show this week or this Monday five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk oh with pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone, but don't go away, I'd be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station,