Speaker 1: The sun is shining out a cloud in the sky.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 3: Some people a boat boot on some skis, but we.
Speaker 2: Would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the evid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show. We're the evident Indoorsmen at home more.
Speaker 1: On the goal.
Speaker 4: We're the evident Indoorsmen.
Speaker 5: We hope you love its, so come on in and stay.
Speaker 6: We'll do our best to.
Speaker 2: Make use my were the indoors man.
Speaker 6: What is happening?
Speaker 7: I'm Rob Blundquist tonight, and we are the evid Indoorsman.
Speaker 1: And ladies and gentlemen, it's a game movie again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we have some pals from college here with us. Gentlemen, how's everybody.
Speaker 1: Doing doing super yah?
Speaker 3: We're happy to have all of you here.
Speaker 1: This is so fun.
Speaker 3: As we've talked about before, this is our reunion podcast. Basically when we see people we haven't.
Speaker 6: Seen it quite a while.
Speaker 3: Let's just introduce you guys individually. Let's start with the Matt Salmala Sally, how are you pal?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great? Thank you so much guys for having me. This is gonna be really fun. I have a good feeling about this one. I'm excited.
Speaker 6: We're excited to have you.
Speaker 3: Man, so pumped to have you. I feel like we should also say these are all theater folks from our college days, right, and that's how everyone knows each other.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, yeah, yes, we did some musicals together.
Speaker 7: I was in Guys and Dolls and Sweeney Todd with you yeah yeah, yeah, and they did a lot more than all those shows.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, let's move on. Then, Dan Big what hey, pal?
Speaker 1: Hello, thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, We're so pumped to have you.
Speaker 1: Nice. How you've been hanging in there, you know, living the dream?
Speaker 3: Love it? Yeah, Buddy's all we can ask. And then an old friend to the podcast. We've had him a couple of times. Steve Howard, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Back, guys.
Speaker 9: It is always wonderful to be here. It's weird not being here with Jenny. She's watching The Tank Commandments, but you know it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be fun.
Speaker 6: Anyways. We haven't had you on for a game night before, right, just just the just just the movies. Yep.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're gonna do well. Guys. I think we need to watch out for Howard. I think we needed to watch out.
Speaker 9: We've said that before, and then when I play at the end of the podcast, I always that's true.
Speaker 8: Are we doing like recent movies like something like like more topical things?
Speaker 4: Because the only great because.
Speaker 8: The only things I've seen recently have been either animated or.
Speaker 4: Yeah or or something.
Speaker 8: With uh uh inappropriate but.
Speaker 10: Anyway, something I'm gonna yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, clearing, I'm in the same boat with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be movies from across the entire spectrum, but also.
Speaker 7: The category hand or oh, we're going to get into it.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to put the cart before the herd.
Speaker 3: It feels like they're really chomping at the bit here, so maybe.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Let's do it all right.
Speaker 7: We're going to start off with a game that Bugues made up called the Starting Five. And so how this works, I'm going to name my five favorite actors from a particular film. When you know the film, you're going to ring in with your name, so I know who's ringing in.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: If you get it wrong, there's no negative points, but you won't be able to guess again for that movie.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: If there are actors' names remaining, you can guess those for a point each another person can steal if you get any of those names wrong. And all of these films are going to have some thing in common. When you know the theme, you can ring in at any time for a point.
Speaker 11: All right, okay, five, So five people, five cast members from a film, and we named the film.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and you can come in at any point in that you know, if you think you have it after the first one, maybe you.
Speaker 7: Do, Maybe you do, maybe, and then you could guess the four actors remaining and get up more points.
Speaker 9: I was thinking that, like with this group of people, this is gonna be one of the highest scoring games or the lowest.
Speaker 6: Nope, over under?
Speaker 3: Is that point?
Speaker 4: Five?
Speaker 6: You're gonna do? Great? I'm excited. Are you guys ready ready to go? Also? Good? All right? The first name is Roger Bart. The second name is Will Ferrell. Damn, damn.
Speaker 1: The producers boom wow, super impressed.
Speaker 6: I can remain.
Speaker 1: Now I can name some more actors.
Speaker 11: Okay, uh Nathan.
Speaker 6: Lane, yes?
Speaker 1: Oh, hold on five Huffman, Katie Huffman.
Speaker 6: Didn't pick Katie Huffman. One more name? Oh?
Speaker 11: I thought I was just naming people. Okay, Okay, well, well okay then no, so yeah, it's it's my five favorite I seen. Yeah, it's usually.
Speaker 6: More the top build.
Speaker 1: Usually I haven't seen the movie, so yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Well yeah, Nathan, Nathan Lane, you got Nathan Lane, Dave, Matthew Broderick Boom, you got to musicals. Uh, it's not movie musicals. That's a good guess.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 6: That was to each.
Speaker 1: It was to each, got it?
Speaker 6: It was good. That was impressive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was really fast.
Speaker 6: I was like, nobody's gonna know Roger bart and then rocked it up.
Speaker 1: I still don't know who that is.
Speaker 3: I have Yeah, hercules there you go.
Speaker 1: Oh oh I love that guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, I heard that guy can go the Distance.
Speaker 6: An animated movie. This guy love it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, Well let's go to the sec and one. The first name is Naomi Watts, the second name Emma Stone, the third name Zach Gallifanakis. The fourth and aim Edward Norton.
Speaker 6: In the fifth and final name.
Speaker 7: Is Michael Keaton, Birdman, Dave Oh, Sally, biggie guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, biggo.
Speaker 1: I should have I did. I didn't play the game right, but yeah, you're okay, God.
Speaker 6: But does he have to do the whole title.
Speaker 1: You really should.
Speaker 7: But can anybody name the whole title?
Speaker 1: I can't for sure.
Speaker 6: I know you can.
Speaker 4: Birdman, the man who's also a bird.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with the emancipation of Harley Quinn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's like the emancipation of.
Speaker 6: Puerto Rican Puerto Rico. Got it, perfect, nailed it. So that's another one for Biggie Nice.
Speaker 1: Unexpected virtue of ignorance.
Speaker 3: Guys, just want to.
Speaker 4: There you learn something new every days.
Speaker 3: I'm not really got to come in hand every day.
Speaker 6: Talking that in the back pocket.
Speaker 1: There it is number but I know that.
Speaker 6: Okay, how can you call yourself?
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 6: Don't worry. Here's number three you guys.
Speaker 7: The first name is Jeffrey Rush. The second name is Tom Wilkinson. Number three, the Dame Judy Dench. Number four, Joseph Fine or Fiennis d.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dave Shakespeare in Love. Shakespeare in Love is correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, there's a big post there.
Speaker 6: I was confused. I thought Dave said it, and then Dan, so I was confused. I didn't know what happened. And then one more right.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, so right now we have Jeffrey Rush, Tom Wilkinson, Judy Dench, Joseph Fine.
Speaker 9: One name remaining, and I know it, and I know her, and I know she dated Brad Pitt, and I know she was nominated for the Academy Award.
Speaker 6: You know so much about her? Do you know her name? Her name? This is the big problem.
Speaker 1: That is the question.
Speaker 3: I don't know any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: At points.
Speaker 6: I know her favorite color.
Speaker 9: She has that stupid She just got sued by that ski guy for her name.
Speaker 6: Three two one beppep Does anybody know who the last person is? In Shakespeare? Been a while it is?
Speaker 7: Of course you're fine. So that's uh, that's two two more? Yeah, theme is yet?
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot to think about the.
Speaker 7: Theme we've had the producers Birdman and Shakespeare in Love.
Speaker 1: Made a candle. That's a broad theme, my friend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's that title related. It is plot related.
Speaker 9: That's how Oh is it a movies about plays?
Speaker 1: You're keeping notes?
Speaker 7: I see, yeah, yeah, I'll say that it's movies where there is a production production production involved.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 7: So another point, Dave Boom thing, He's like, I'm out of here, so.
Speaker 6: It might make it easier.
Speaker 7: So it's all of these movies will have there's a theater production in the movie.
Speaker 3: I knew that and I forgot it already. So there we go.
Speaker 7: Let's keep going. Let's go to number four. The first name is Eugene Levy, Dave, Matt, Dave.
Speaker 6: Waiting for Guffman. That is correct in your names remaining.
Speaker 1: I am I here. I just watched that like three days ago with my son. Really nice.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I haven't seen that so long.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we got Catherine O'Hara.
Speaker 9: That's correct. Three names, Parker Posey correct, damn five four Bob Ballaban.
Speaker 6: That's a good guy. I didn't pick him, but he is in.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a made up name.
Speaker 6: Four three, two one deep. Anybody else want to come in? Yes, yes, uh, uh.
Speaker 11: Fred Willard and yes and uh Christopher guest.
Speaker 6: He's got two points and Howard got three points.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 6: That was good.
Speaker 1: That was that was fast.
Speaker 3: You guys are good at that.
Speaker 6: It could work all right, this one, and maybe it's tough. I'm not sure. I didn't see this until much later in life, so we'll see if you guys know this one well. The first name is Christopher Reeve Dave, Dave noises Off, Noises Off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, heaven, what on her quick?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 6: It should be doing this? You got four names remaining again, but.
Speaker 9: Michael Kaine, Michael okay, and I'm blanking on every other name that's in there, for denhilm Elliott.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I did Elliott.
Speaker 6: That's fine, John ritterd yes, oh nice, one more chance? Four Mary the Rettin, I'll give you Mary Leonner. There it is.
Speaker 7: There is one name remaining. Does anybody want to guess the last name?
Speaker 1: Carol Barnett?
Speaker 6: Carol Burnette? Is it so one? Yep?
Speaker 7: They've got Michael Caine, Mary lou Retten, Slash Hanner, and John Ritter and Slash four.
Speaker 3: Damn, I've ever seen Noises Off before.
Speaker 6: I hadn't seen it forever.
Speaker 7: It's one of my bandmate's like favorite movies ever. So I was like, whoa, dude, this is actually hilarious.
Speaker 6: It's incredible. Yeah, that cast is un It's bonkers. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Nicolett Sheridan was another one that I was thinking about putting down. And there's still more. Yeah, where are we after five?
Speaker 1: After five?
Speaker 3: Dave Power has twelve, damn, Bigwood has six.
Speaker 4: And is a lot of times.
Speaker 3: I'm just happy to be herejoin the company.
Speaker 6: Yeah, holding it down? All right, Well, let's keep going. Let's go to number six. The first name is Kylie Minogue, Dave, Dave mulan Rouge.
Speaker 3: Wow, bro would have got that too, I think, nicely done.
Speaker 1: Who is Kylie Minogue mulan Rouge.
Speaker 6: She's the green Fairy, green fairy. She has six seconds. She sings, she sings a little bit of a song.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, yea, she sings one little bit. That was good.
Speaker 6: That was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Another four names Dave.
Speaker 9: Okay, you and McGregor, Yes, John like Amo, Yes, Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 6: Yes, five yeah, three h two.
Speaker 1: I have a guess.
Speaker 6: But his name is anybody else?
Speaker 1: Yep, Biggie, Jim broad Ben.
Speaker 6: Jim's the one I forgot. I wanted to say David, but he's only one and four again? Damn right? One? Two? Yeah, you guys, you're good. You're very good.
Speaker 1: Yes you are. It's number seven.
Speaker 6: That was seven. The first name is Merritt Weaver. I now cannot remember that she was in this movie.
Speaker 7: The second name is Alan Alda. The third name is Laura Dern. The fourth name is Adam Driver. Number five is Scarlett Johansson.
Speaker 1: Five damn yeah, marriage story.
Speaker 6: Marriage story. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So he is a playwright and they actually do like one of his plays, quite a bit of it too, I remember, And I think she's also an actress and she was doing a bit too.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I think I've seen that movie through memes.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, that one, yeah tore me apart, not up.
Speaker 6: I cried a lot. Oh yeah, oh yeah, uh sweet.
Speaker 1: Let's go number eight.
Speaker 6: See how we do on this one. The first name is Alexandra Ship.
Speaker 3: No, no, that is cool.
Speaker 6: I didn't either.
Speaker 4: The second name, I'm not alone.
Speaker 6: Second name is Bradley Whitford.
Speaker 1: We're talking, right, Dan, A star is born?
Speaker 6: Good? Guess it is not. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The salary name is Sally A star just died.
Speaker 6: No, damn it. Okay, that was solid, guest.
Speaker 4: Good guess you know. I thought I had something there for a little bit.
Speaker 1: So far.
Speaker 4: Thank you for acknowledging that I feel seen.
Speaker 6: You are seen. The third name is Laura Benanti Banante. Uh right.
Speaker 7: The fourth name is Vanessa Hudgens, and the fifth and final name is Andrew Garfield.
Speaker 6: Oh nice, Dave, Dave, it's not.
Speaker 3: Is it? Just?
Speaker 6: Click? Tic tic boom tick? Tick boom, tic tick boom. You got it? Uh, all right, let's go.
Speaker 7: Number number nine. The first name is Alec Baldwin.
Speaker 4: Who the hell is that?
Speaker 6: Right? Some criminal? The second name is Hank is Aria. The third name is Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 12: Dave, Dave Along, came Polly Along, came Polly Oh wow? Yeah, because then you got two names remaining, Phillip Seymore Hoffman and Ben Stiller.
Speaker 6: So Phillips Seymour Hoffman is doing his Man Superstar.
Speaker 13: Yes, that's right, Dave got another three.
Speaker 6: Where are we going into the last one?
Speaker 1: Dave up, he's got the runaway.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's got eight, and Sally's got several more games to redeem himself.
Speaker 1: We're going to games.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I had any points either.
Speaker 7: You would, especially on this next one I got Yeah, yeah, you had some.
Speaker 6: Uh we'll just play this last one just for fun.
Speaker 7: Hell Number ten. The first name is Paul Rudd. The second name is Jonah Hill. Number three Kristen Bell, Sally Sally, I love.
Speaker 1: You, man, I love you too.
Speaker 9: But it's not about yes Dave forgetting Sarah Marshall, forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Speaker 1: Dracula Musical.
Speaker 4: Didn't they do Sweeney in the in the and I Love You Well. It wasn't Paul Rudd or no.
Speaker 8: Where was that Jason Siegel that did uh some production like a kid's production of Sweeney Todd.
Speaker 6: But it was just us.
Speaker 8: I thought that, what what one of they did they do that they did Sweeney. I'm thinking of a movie where they it was like with kids and they did Sweeney and it was like.
Speaker 4: Horribly bloody and everybody was horrified that in college, yeah, everyone was horrified.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were children. That sounds familiar, and it really does. Yeah, I can't place it. Are you looking it up?
Speaker 3: I'm trying.
Speaker 1: Well, fun fundless.
Speaker 11: That musical that Jason Siegel's writing and forgetting Sarah Marshall is a real Dracula musical.
Speaker 6: He was writing that's right, Yeah, and his.
Speaker 1: Friends were like, don't ever show that to anyone, right, yeah, I desperately want to see that musical.
Speaker 8: Look he I think he shopped that to somebody, like some some higher up or it was.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, yes, I remember hearing this in an interview.
Speaker 8: Yeah and there, Yeah, he was like, no, don't don't ever play that for anybody.
Speaker 7: So good, But Dave, you got it at Kristen Bells, and there's two names remaining.
Speaker 6: Well, we said Jason Siegel already, so that feels like that's.
Speaker 4: Ah, well, you're welcome, Dave.
Speaker 9: Jenny did do that during one of our games, though she leaned over. She was very mad, I don't I.
Speaker 6: Feel like I know the name. Yeah, I'm gonna I want to say me lacunas.
Speaker 7: You're good done, sweet, Well, Dave, you did very very well.
Speaker 1: How many points was that just for posterity?
Speaker 6: That was another three points?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah you really needed it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah he did. But there's more games, you guys, so we'll see how you do on this next.
Speaker 3: One, right, and this next one it's a different setup. So you're still going to ring in the same way by saying your name. Uh, there are still going to be five clues for every single movie, but this one we're gonna do plot words. So what I'm gonna do is I'm going to say words or phrases five different ones for the movies. Once you think you have the film, you can ring it at any time and guess. And we're gonna do weighted points because I'm just remembering that we wanted to do that last time. So if you get it after the first one, you get five after the second one, four, so on and so forth. But you can keep guessing after each clue, so there might be sorry you get it wrong.
Speaker 11: If you get it wrong at say one or two, and then get it wrong, can you continue guessing three?
Speaker 14: One?
Speaker 6: You can just keep going. You can guess each one. Yeah, keep going?
Speaker 3: So does that make sense?
Speaker 6: So Cinderella over.
Speaker 3: There's also a theme for this, so ringing at any point if you want to guess that a theme associated. But yeah, does that make sense?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, we'll start with number one.
Speaker 1: Stutter damn the king speech.
Speaker 3: Oh, great guess but incorrect.
Speaker 6: That is a great guest.
Speaker 1: Wow, that right?
Speaker 3: Okay, the four point clue.
Speaker 1: A protective mother.
Speaker 3: Sally, Yeah, water boy, water boys correct, four points.
Speaker 6: Mama, Okay, that was awesome. That's great.
Speaker 3: Not making fun of any of her friends with.
Speaker 4: Stutters, of course, of course that character.
Speaker 3: Let's I love that movie, man, I haven't seen it in a long time. There's no way it holds up right like Henry Winkler. That's a good job.
Speaker 4: That's a good job, you mean, mister timeless.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Give us my favorite part of Barry too.
Speaker 1: Because man, he was good. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 6: It's so good that Barry his death and scream wasn't supposed to be there. Yeah, I was going to watch that. I'm it Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to number two. First clues, intellectual property, four point clue, identical Twins.
Speaker 4: Sally Sally, social network.
Speaker 3: Boy, this might be your game, buddy.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 4: I was going to ring in after the first one, and I was like, let's wait.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: That was really good.
Speaker 7: You can you can guess each time. You don't have to save on your guesses. Sure, yeah, yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Number three audio visual equipment.
Speaker 6: You're just saying things you're seeing right now a.
Speaker 1: Moment.
Speaker 6: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Hazing Dan, Revenge of the Nerds.
Speaker 3: Oh, good guess, not correct, good guess. Great film. Mm hmmm, I love that movie.
Speaker 6: Doesn't hold up, hold up well at all?
Speaker 3: Real tough Dave.
Speaker 6: Yeah, days didn't confused.
Speaker 3: Oh, good guess as well.
Speaker 6: The hazing that's what it is. That is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's move on to the three point clue, and I'm gonna flip these around. Well, which one I'll keep it the way I had it. Three point clue blow job lesson.
Speaker 6: Dave, the Girl next Door?
Speaker 3: Oh, no, incorrect, I know it now.
Speaker 1: To give away familiar it was audio video equipment and blow is.
Speaker 6: Familiar with blow job.
Speaker 4: Dang it.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the two point clue public nudity.
Speaker 8: Else on the tip of my tongue too. I think, man, we might share a brain cell there a big wood. I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 6: Mm hm that I guess Cuthbert a like movie. Does that count for anything? Oh? She wasn't that good?
Speaker 3: That's a super good.
Speaker 6: God, I didn't remember that funny.
Speaker 3: I love Girl next Door though, that's a fun movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 6: That was the first time I ever saw Paul Dano.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure. That was the first time I saw boobs.
Speaker 3: I had seen before that. I do you think about it?
Speaker 1: Though? It's a good question.
Speaker 3: Does anyone have an idea for themes?
Speaker 6: Nope?
Speaker 3: Okay, great movies?
Speaker 6: What were the movies?
Speaker 3: Movies? We've had our water Boy, The Social Network and old School cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to number.
Speaker 6: Four, food Fight Dave, Dave got it? Animal House?
Speaker 1: Animal House is correct? For five?
Speaker 6: Is the theme like too old for School?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good idea. No, that's not. But that's close. You're you're you're in the right area.
Speaker 6: You're making it harder than it needs to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's not that complicated.
Speaker 6: I'm just cool movies.
Speaker 1: It's just it's cool movie.
Speaker 3: Movies that I think are neat.
Speaker 6: That I was giving you too much credit with the theme there.
Speaker 3: Pretty much the final clue for Animal House was going to be double Secret probation.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to number five. Golf Cart.
Speaker 6: Dave, Dave, National Lampoon's Van Wilder.
Speaker 3: Damn, nicely done, nicely done? Five points?
Speaker 6: Wow? Bro?
Speaker 1: What second?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 3: Space When I said the second clue of Claire's.
Speaker 6: It's like my least favorite.
Speaker 8: Yeah, god, gross, Yeah, that may be really ill.
Speaker 6: I think I've had this before.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. I think I had before. After five rop, where are we at? What's a score?
Speaker 7: Well, Dy've had zero until too uh yeah, so so right now, Sally's got eight, Dave's got eleven, Dan's got two.
Speaker 6: Damn to anybody's game.
Speaker 3: You guys are killing these though. I love it. Okay, let's go to number six.
Speaker 1: The first clue vomit, damn pitch perfect. That is correct. Wow, put into these clues.
Speaker 4: You get this one.
Speaker 3: The happening amazing whoa I love when they go to college in that movie. It's good.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The second was past the back the Test, That was one of my movies.
Speaker 6: Why am I blanking on? Vomit?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: Who even vomited in.
Speaker 3: The beginning at the beginning beginning pukes on everyone at the that's what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, van Camp whatever her name is, yeah.
Speaker 4: Makes good fish sticks. All right, sorry, Vanda Camp.
Speaker 6: Never mind, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 4: I thank you. That the greatest possibility.
Speaker 3: Seven number seven. I'm scared about this one. Let's prove me wrong. Okay, coming of age. It's not a pun. It's just a coming of age story.
Speaker 1: Although Dan stand by me.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they don't go to college. I don't think.
Speaker 1: All right, college game college.
Speaker 3: Maybe eventually, baby, Sure, Okay, it's all right, nothing.
Speaker 8: Lost, Sally, Yeah, American Pie, no crick kricks, but no, guess let's go to the second clu Beau.
Speaker 3: There's no way you're getting it from that first one. Okay, abandoned psychiatric facility. That's a great clue if you know exactly the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about, Dave.
Speaker 9: Yeah, how now, because that's a boarding school, I was gonna say Halloween h two.
Speaker 3: Oh oh wow, it's not that Yeah. Good guess though, damn kids, Oh wow, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 8: But no, oh kids, it's a tough watch.
Speaker 6: Bro. Yeah, it's brutal.
Speaker 3: I already don't like how this sounds. Yeah, let's go to the three point clue hot dog suit.
Speaker 6: Dave, Oh got it? Accepted? Accepted is correct? Nice?
Speaker 1: I don't know that one.
Speaker 6: That was for three right?
Speaker 1: Yeap?
Speaker 3: Three points?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 3: The college that they found is in an abandoned psychiatric Facility's okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say Shutter Island because that's a college movie.
Speaker 6: Now there you go.
Speaker 3: Good job there, collegiate with one another's good.
Speaker 6: There was one crazy person that was getting their mass.
Speaker 3: So yeah, looking at my dissertation number eight, ensemble movie.
Speaker 1: Ensemble four point clue Obsession.
Speaker 6: By Kelvin Kleine.
Speaker 1: Was three point clue jazz. It's jazz, baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you bring it?
Speaker 1: Dave? Yeah, Dave, whiplash whiplash is correct?
Speaker 3: I guess in this case. Ensemble movie is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You at the time into these clues. We're heaving.
Speaker 9: We just ruined like a bunch of really good like puns and stuff because we've got numberly.
Speaker 3: No, they're not that good for sure, No penis pump earlier, I.
Speaker 6: Will say that, but yeah, I was gonna say we didn't do it.
Speaker 4: Well, you can just put that into any of the next ones.
Speaker 1: There is probably true.
Speaker 4: It'll be the red herring of the of the clue.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the nine.
Speaker 3: I'm nine, beauty salon.
Speaker 6: Dave yes, legally blonde.
Speaker 3: My god, you guys are good at this point.
Speaker 7: Damn Dave's he just pulled away pretty good. Yeah, he got up to twenty two. There, Sally's at eight, dance at seven.
Speaker 3: I need to make these harder, huh or something.
Speaker 6: I would have gotten beat real bad on this game.
Speaker 3: This game is so hard to gauge to like what is too you know.
Speaker 1: It is hard to No, Yes, it's a difficult one.
Speaker 3: All right, Well this is good because I didn't come up with a tie breakers, So let's just do the last one here. Number ten, Number teen impressions, four point clue, improvised airbags. It's a weird clue. I get it. You know, we're all doing our best here.
Speaker 1: Three point clue are we.
Speaker 3: We're all we're doing the best we could on the day in which we did it. New parents, Uh.
Speaker 6: Oh got it?
Speaker 1: Two point huge party.
Speaker 11: Yeah, damn neighbors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct done. Remember they do the airbags and they they're flying all over the place.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it, yes, Oh it's good. I'll have to see it.
Speaker 3: And right yeah, what's her name that I can't think of right now?
Speaker 6: Rose? It is. Actually they're actually very fun.
Speaker 3: They're so good and the impressions they do. Robert and.
Speaker 6: Franco does the whole party, the whole.
Speaker 3: Crew, and it's so good.
Speaker 7: But Dave Franco does the most impressive, pretty spot on cool.
Speaker 3: For like a good impression. Yeah, it's fun to do, really good at it. He can even make his face like any Yeah, anyway, that was it for that game?
Speaker 1: Who won?
Speaker 6: Rob Dave? Dave won again. But y'all did much better on that one. That was. That was a good one. So this last game we're gonna do here, it's pretty much jeopardy.
Speaker 7: We call it bend it like Trebeckham, and so it's gonna go from one through five points wise one being the easiest. Five being the hardest. You don't have to say it in the form of a question. That's a bummer.
Speaker 6: What are the other things?
Speaker 7: There's gonna be two daily doubles, and whenever that happens, it's just whoever is the one that rings on it gonna answer. The only difference with this game is that you will get negative points if you get it wrong.
Speaker 6: You're gonna tell us.
Speaker 11: You're gonna tell us the category, and then we choose one to five for the day exactly.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna list off the categories, and then Bugs is gonna actually share his screen and show you everything so you don't have to remember it.
Speaker 6: All cool, you know those last minute checks on your screen there, Bugs, I am now yep, those mm hmm complete bang bus series. All right, sweets. Then I will say.
Speaker 7: The categories and then Bugs will show you here in a second. But the first category, Holy Matt Ramoni, and that's movies where a wedding takes place. We have Dan in real life. These are actors named Daniel. The third one is twenty four hours. This is movies that take place in one day. Sally Ride and that's actresses in space.
Speaker 1: God, you're clever.
Speaker 7: And then because we used to play poker all the time. I hardly know those movies where poker is played.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. Okay, the master at work.
Speaker 9: Yep, these this this needs to go into like a book about how to write good puns.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all.
Speaker 6: Share it?
Speaker 1: Share man doing it?
Speaker 6: Sharing is gary?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Yes, you guys are both doing a wonderful job. By the way, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You guys are great. Really proud of you guys. Thanks.
Speaker 4: This is tremendous.
Speaker 6: I really enjoy this.
Speaker 4: There we go, all right?
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 8: I'm except I'm gonna want to keep touching the screen here and like poking which number that I want to see?
Speaker 1: Can you guys see this is big enough?
Speaker 3: Everybody's good. But I'm just used to asking it. No, I don't ask that. I know the answer.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 7: Well, Dave, since you've just been rocking it out, you can. It's your board wherever you want to go.
Speaker 6: Oh, I feel like I have to go with twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: Twenty four hours for much for one or one to write.
Speaker 6: This nineteen eighty eight action.
Speaker 7: Film takes place at a Christmas party at Nakotomy Place.
Speaker 6: Dave, I believe way? Was I right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Da've had it.
Speaker 7: They've had it, They've got Okay, yeah, die Hard, die Hard is correct.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, still your board, Dave.
Speaker 9: And that is like, so we don't have to wait for the question to be finished asking before we can bring in.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's some of them that you'll need to but it's not a part of a rule. It's definitely not part of a rule. Okay, let's go number two, Number two.
Speaker 7: This film takes place on the last day of school in nineteen seventy six, and critics and audiences alike, Yes, Dave.
Speaker 6: Days and confused, dazed and confused. I was gonna say they thought it was all right, all right? Ay, ye got that correct, Dave? Where would you like to go? Number three? Number three?
Speaker 7: In nineteen eighty six, John Hughes released this film about a guy who skips school and has an epicadure around bugs.
Speaker 6: I need your help.
Speaker 1: I think it was Dave again.
Speaker 6: Okay, Ferris Buehler's day Off. Sorry, Harris Buehler's Day Off is correct.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know it sounds on my end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't worry. I'll make the edit. So Dave's definitely here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can blame the bluetooth. Yeah, yeah, number.
Speaker 6: Four, number four.
Speaker 7: Michael Mann directed this two thousand and four film where a contract killer makes a cab driver take him all around Los Angeles, go away from.
Speaker 6: Hit and that collateral collateral correct?
Speaker 1: Nice done?
Speaker 6: And Dan, that's your board? Where would you like to go?
Speaker 1: Let's close out the twenty four hours.
Speaker 6: Well ring ding ding ding. Dan is our first daily double.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And when you have less than five points, you can do up to five points.
Speaker 1: I think we've set four points, Alex.
Speaker 6: You want to do four?
Speaker 1: Four? And this is just for Dan though, right, and this is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nobody else ring in, This is just for Dan. In the two thousand and two.
Speaker 7: Film Phone Booth, Colin Farrell answers a phone call and is then trapped trying to negotiate with a sniper who is on the other line.
Speaker 6: What actor plays the caller?
Speaker 3: Hesitate?
Speaker 7: That was I thought I was gonna trip somebody up, not you for very sexy. Where would you like to go?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 9: That's also a really fun link to twenty four Hours two with Keefer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, show wow, we're making connections here. I can't write there. Let's go with Dan in real life for one.
Speaker 6: All right? For one. This Daniel played Harry Potter Dave Dan Dave got it, Daniel Ratcliffe. That's correct, Dave. Number two, number two.
Speaker 7: This actor was the most recent actor to play James Bond Dave Sally.
Speaker 6: That was Dave again, Yeah, Dave. Daniel Craig. Daniel Craig is correct. Number three, number three.
Speaker 7: This actor has been nominated for six Academy Awards, winning three.
Speaker 1: That was That was Daniel Lewis.
Speaker 6: Daniel da Lewis is correct. Nicely done. Where'd you like to go? Dan?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's going four four?
Speaker 6: This actor won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for Judas in The Black Messiah Dan Dave Dan.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to pronounce the last name, Daniel O. Lady, Well, I don't know how.
Speaker 6: No, you're thinking of David A yellow woe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you're right, I'm mixing.
Speaker 6: Okay, I know what I did, yep, fair, did anybody else ring in Dave?
Speaker 1: But I don't actually know ye, the same path I didn't.
Speaker 3: I get to take off cool.
Speaker 6: Cool, cool cool, all right? Going in five four three two one peep. This was Daniel Klujah. Yeah, yeah, I can picture his face.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was in that episode of Black Mirror and yes.
Speaker 6: That was such a great episode too. It was. Yeah, it's still yours though, Dan, where do you want to go?
Speaker 1: Let's close it out on five, We're closing it out.
Speaker 7: This actor is best known for being in The Wet Bandits duo.
Speaker 1: Darn Home Alone, Dan, Daniel Stern.
Speaker 6: Daniel Stern is correct, nicely done? Where would you like to go? Now?
Speaker 1: Oh? Let's do uh? Let's try Actresses in Space for one?
Speaker 6: Okay. This actress was nominated for Best Actress her role in Dave Sandra Bullock. Wow, yeah, nicely done?
Speaker 4: Contact gravity gravity? Oh yeah, not contact, that was Joy Jody Foster. Sometimes I mix them.
Speaker 9: Up, ye, Sandy be totally watching Sandy b go up against Anthony Hopkins. Let's do Sally Ride for two?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: She plays Michael Caine's daughter, an astronaut trying to save Earth in Christopher Noland.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 1: Uh the older or younger? Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, the older Caine's daughter.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, tricky, tricky.
Speaker 6: Not Matthew McConaughey's daughter.
Speaker 1: That's uh Anne Hathaway.
Speaker 6: Then Ann Hathaway got it is that two? Nicely done? That's HER's Dan?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sally right for three?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: Who played the role of Melissa Lewis, the main astronaut in charge of saving gaming in the Martian.
Speaker 1: Dan Dan Jessica Chastain boomed.
Speaker 7: Funny because she was in the last one.
Speaker 1: She was the red herring.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's called back did so that was that was before, right, that was for three you like that's I was going to look up how to save this actress's name, and then I didn't.
Speaker 6: Mm hm cool. I'm good at this.
Speaker 7: In this twenty twelve film. Knew me repaced.
Speaker 3: Before, Haven't We Damn.
Speaker 6: Prometheus? Nice? And I probably butchered that name, but I gotta look it up. I keep meaning you're gonna get I know due time I called uh.
Speaker 7: I called Donald Gleason Dominal Gleason on this podcast like forever, and somebody made like a like super convenient clip of me saying it over and over.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you hitting me.
Speaker 1: It was pretty great.
Speaker 6: It was pretty His name is Donald.
Speaker 9: I really hope that was Mary Fox who made that super cut, because that'd be great.
Speaker 6: The nicest person in the world, just being like, you're damn.
Speaker 4: And you should know it.
Speaker 6: But Dan very good.
Speaker 7: Even though I did not say her name right, it was Prometheus.
Speaker 6: Where where would you.
Speaker 1: Like to go? Sally Ride? For five?
Speaker 6: All right? Which actress is part of the crew that is trying to rescue the previous crew that landed on Mars in the film Mission to Mars.
Speaker 1: Wolf.
Speaker 6: I know it's a fiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to risk five.
Speaker 3: I like that movie too.
Speaker 6: I don't remember three two one pep.
Speaker 7: I would have never gotten this. Did anybody have a guess now that it's not point?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't even know the guess.
Speaker 9: I can picture the scene where she's letting Tim Robbins go, but I can't think of her name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, her name is Annie Nielsen, but that's still yours, Dan, Where do you want to go?
Speaker 1: Poker? I hardly know her.
Speaker 6: For one, John Malkovich splashes the pot in this Dave Yes Rounders is correct. I was like, I'm gonna try and say as much as I can. People get it.
Speaker 9: For It's Malkovich is Russian?
Speaker 1: Is great?
Speaker 3: Never about it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on? Why that was a great christ for walking.
Speaker 3: Play doing a Russian act?
Speaker 4: Wasn't trying to do a Russian act?
Speaker 6: Wise?
Speaker 4: We never don't watch this.
Speaker 6: I want is better whenever I please?
Speaker 3: All right, but.
Speaker 8: I feel so unsatisfied, like a young man coming in for a quikie.
Speaker 6: I think they both sound the same. Am I wrong? That's exactly saying the same thing. I don't know in front of disembarrassment.
Speaker 7: I know what what the clip will be for social media, so that'll.
Speaker 9: Be great that we should have sworn a whole bunch dur and that's so you couldn't put it up. Let's do number two and we'll see if they can do another bad impression?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: Which actor started bleeding from his eye while playing poker against James's Dan?
Speaker 1: That was oh? I made.
Speaker 4: The only name I could think of was Ivan Pace Junior.
Speaker 8: I'm like, no, he's a football player for pizza.
Speaker 6: That's amazing. I bet he could do it, though he could he could?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dan, that's yours for three for three. This Aaron Sorkin written film was centered around a woman who created an exclusive high stakes poker.
Speaker 6: Game five four three two one pep pete bugs.
Speaker 3: What is it Molly's game?
Speaker 6: It's Molly's game.
Speaker 4: I don't know that one.
Speaker 3: That's a fun movie.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even on my radar.
Speaker 6: I think Jessica Chastein was nominated for that one too. I think so heavy on this. Yeah, she's a wonderful big fan. Apparently all right? Was that that's still dance right?
Speaker 1: Yea for for poor.
Speaker 7: For four, a young billy Bob Thornton gets beat in poker and then hit in the face Dave in this Day Tombstone.
Speaker 6: Tombstone is correct.
Speaker 1: Nice, We'll be a huckleberry. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh and it's still you Dave.
Speaker 7: Number five, number five, a talented but down on his luck poker player meets a younger, charismatic poker player and went to New Orleans for a tournament. In this twenty fifteen.
Speaker 6: Film Good Movie five four three two one Mississippi Grind Mississippi Grinds with Ryan Reynolds and Ben Mendelssohn's a pretty pretty good movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting, for sure. Yeah check it out.
Speaker 11: I was gonna say, oh, it's been so close.
Speaker 6: So we just have the one category left. Where would you like to go? It's number one, number one, and and so this is holy matrimony for the listener. This is movies where a wedding takes place in what movie does the wedding efficient say? Marriage is what us together?
Speaker 4: Spaceballs incorrectort. That's so, can I say it anyway?
Speaker 6: Well, I think Dave David's David. Go ahead. I want to see the redemption arc here.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, Okay, I forgot it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 6: I don't say the producers.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no, don't don't.
Speaker 4: You're throwing me off. Crap. Okay, Princess Bride, thank you?
Speaker 6: There it is. Give me an arrangement.
Speaker 1: I'm just giving a due within a dween.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's the Princess Bride Sally. Where do you want to go, buddy?
Speaker 4: H probably Holy Matrimony?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, two two.
Speaker 7: This twenty eleven comedy was written by Kristin Wig and starting Amaya Rudolph.
Speaker 6: Dave got it right.
Speaker 3: I think Dan actually had that one.
Speaker 1: Oh oh?
Speaker 6: Dan? All right Dan?
Speaker 1: Alright? Did you bring in Dan?
Speaker 3: I saw your mind.
Speaker 4: I thought you had it first.
Speaker 6: I'm going with bugs.
Speaker 1: Bridesmaids.
Speaker 3: I think he would have had it either way, so I'm not too proud about that part.
Speaker 6: Cool, Dan, we got three four.
Speaker 1: Or five for three four?
Speaker 6: Three?
Speaker 7: What was Adam Sandler's Character's name in the wedding singer?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 14: Dan, I just got it, But buddy, no, buddy, no, buddy love.
Speaker 7: No, that's study professor, that's Nutty professor, study professor.
Speaker 6: Anybody else got his first name.
Speaker 1: But I don't think you were thinking of Buddy christ to.
Speaker 6: Beep beep. This was pretty close.
Speaker 3: To and I couldn't.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 6: It's still Dan. Just scream spaceball. I could ring the other daily double.
Speaker 1: Let's do how much does he have?
Speaker 6: All of it?
Speaker 4: All of it, all of it?
Speaker 3: There is a jeopardy. I want to let of people know that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, there's a we're gonna do a final jeopardy.
Speaker 1: I'll do, I'll do. I'll wager four points.
Speaker 6: No, seven, okay, four points. This is just for Dan.
Speaker 7: What actor does Vince Vaughan knock out while at the altar about to get married in wedding.
Speaker 11: Crashers five four I'm gonna say, Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 6: That is absolutely correct, nicely done. Way to go. And then that's just the last one here. Julia Roberts plays Maggie Carpenter. He always leaves.
Speaker 7: Dave run away bride, run away bride. Nice damn way to go. So that brings us to Final Jeopardy. How that works?
Speaker 6: Is.
Speaker 7: I'm going to tell you what the category is, and then when I do that, the three of you are going to text me separately how much you want to wager. And so the category is pitch please, And this is baseball movies.
Speaker 6: Baseball just started, so I thought that's so yeah.
Speaker 7: Now text me, if you feel good about baseball movies, how much you would like to wager, and then once I get all the wagers, I will tell you the question.
Speaker 6: All right, right, all right, very cool? I think.
Speaker 9: Weren't the Twins just ranked as like one of the most unwatchable teams in the MLB right now?
Speaker 6: They are not great? Second, there's a lot of time to switch it around. Didn't start off great?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I have all of the wagers and one funny one. So here we go. Did Sally wager a red herring?
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait?
Speaker 4: How do we?
Speaker 1: So? How do how do we? How do we answer?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 7: So I'm going to tell you what the question is here and then you are going to text me the answer.
Speaker 1: And then we'll read them.
Speaker 6: Yep, So don't alred it out twenty first. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 7: This twenty eleven Baseball movie was written by Aaron Sorkin, and it was based on the true story of how the Oakland Athletics GM decided to use analytics over scouting to decide who should make the roster.
Speaker 4: We text you the answer, Yep, you sure do.
Speaker 6: Good movie, all right, they're all in.
Speaker 3: Damn you guys are fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is the that's the fastest for sure. Right. Maybe I should have made it harder. I don't know. I thought it was okay, let's go. Uh.
Speaker 1: Sally uh.
Speaker 6: He wagered one and also said he wants to lick my toes.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 6: I didn't say that out there.
Speaker 8: I did text that if you got it.
Speaker 6: If you got it right or wrong, you'd have to lick his toes. Which one? Right?
Speaker 4: No, that's just he just needs to call me, okay to contract.
Speaker 6: Really no, I definitely will be after this. He got it correct.
Speaker 7: It was moneyball way to go, and then Dan he wagered five, and he.
Speaker 6: Also got it correct with moneyball, and Dave he wagered six. He also got a correct with moneyball. So they all did very well done. What what was the final score?
Speaker 1: Then final score?
Speaker 3: Dan had thirty one, Dave had twenty six, and Sally had two.
Speaker 6: I was here too, you were so Dan, you won then, right, Dan? One Way to Go? But that was really fun?
Speaker 1: What movies Africa?
Speaker 3: Agree that? True little extra tribute?
Speaker 6: What did he say?
Speaker 1: Winter Chicken Dinner? Dan from twenty one?
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm thinking of one specific movie now I'm thinking maybe more than one.
Speaker 1: It's probably more than one because it's twenty one. For sure.
Speaker 3: I was thinking the Great Film Team Cup.
Speaker 6: Great film all I could have done golf movies you just had the Masters. That would have been.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 1: Well, this was very fun, guys. Thanks for coming on. We do have one.
Speaker 3: More game for you, guys, but it's only going to be for our patrons, So if anybody wants to hear that, then go to patreon dot com slash the ab it endorsement right now.
Speaker 6: Please do that.
Speaker 1: We'll get to play.
Speaker 3: Along for these. We do sound clip games, so it's pretty fun.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 3: But guys, this was a blast. Thanks for coming on the pod.
Speaker 6: You guys.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, we'll have you all back anytime you guys want to h for sure. We can discuss that later. Often people don't want to come back, so we'll.
Speaker 6: One and done. Situation, I don't get.
Speaker 4: Invited so I heard.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned everybody else, We're gonna be doing another great podcast coming for you soon. I don't remember what it is, so what I but yeah, that does it Today for a movie game night, I'm Robo Christ. Thank you guys so much for listening. Until we talk to you next time. Enjoy the Great indoors.
Speaker 4: The sun is shining out a cloud in the sky.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 5: Some people a boat, put on some skis, but we would.
Speaker 2: Rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the Avid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show. We're the evid Indoorsmen at home. More on the goal where the Avid Indoorsmen.
Speaker 5: We hope you love it, so come on in and still we'll do our best to make use my the indoors Man.