Speaker 1: Him anything welcome. This is part of uh. You know it's just uh producer Sean and your boy, the legendary hitting with the swerve in Irving, Hit it with the swerve, hit it with the Sean. What's going on baby? Nothing man? Ship man, this is another episode two fifty five. How you doing, man? You're looking pretty shiny today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I had to go get my first facial man. You know, you know, I'm thinking about being a model. You know, we we got a hot we got course, you know, so I'm thinking about taking that next step of being a model. You know, well, you know you uh, you don't got too far to go, swerve looking smooth man. But anyway, man, I want to let all the fans know, not fans, I say, we're family now that my brother stray Horn he's really in the back, but he's really on the highway, Sean. Don't you know that stray decided to drive his son from sprayd in Tin Florida all the way to Michigan to compete in the camp. When you talk about dopes, dads, determined dads do whatever I do I can do for my kids. Sacrifice, commitment, dedication, pride, all that great stuff as a being a dad, I salute my brother. Man. He's a stand up, he's a hell of a dad. He's doing that for boy. Matter of fact, he did it for his oldest son too. He told me that's how his stunt. His son started off in the recruitment world, and now he's doing it for his youngest man. So I think right now he says, well, West Virginia, I think you say somewhere in Tennessee, Tennessee. If he's in Tennessee, you better not get pulled over.
Speaker 1: I know that manet pulled over either. I'll tell you that too. Don't get pulled over in Tennessee. Oh straight, I think straight will be good man. But yeah, it's it's it's actually inspired. Man. Hopefully one day I can be there for my son's the way off been because I know you and tomorrow were training earlier today.
Speaker 2: Right Oh yeah, yeah, we get it in money through Sunday. You know. See, we ain't got no time to waste. You know what I'm saying. I think my god Rodney Harrison. Matter of fact, he said a great quote today. I don't want to miss uh misquote him. He said, Amen, work will win wish and won't. So at the end of the day, the way I interpreted that, well, we gotta work and the more the more you work, the more you got a chance to win it. So that comes from the great Rodney Harrison, who I think should be in the in the Hall of Fame. But that's another show. But you know that's what I always send him pictures of tomorrow because he loved you know, he took heed to tomorrow. So that was that was his quote back to us. And uh, and I love.
Speaker 1: It, hey man, whatever ever get you moving? Man, I know, so y'all, did y'all go get the facial stuff before or after the training? When? How did that come about?
Speaker 2: So we actually went and got a facial today earlier before the training, and that was my first time getting it. I know you probably you know, whoever may follow me on Instagram. Uh, you know, I'm still an alpha male though. I don't want nobody to get that ship twisted because I didn't feel right, you know with the pulling and this and this and all that, and I had to let the young lady know on my alpha male you know, she wanted to do some kind of cream and all that ship Now but I did it because my son do it, and I had to do it with him. And you know, I'm not gonna never faint paint my nails and do that ship. You can forget that.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even think you would know how to do that. Swere, that's that's not that's not your lane.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, let's let's hop into it. Man. We gotta let's talk about a little bit hockey. We got my man's Howard honored. The honors continue to roll in for Michigan State's hockey. Isaac Howard. On Tuesday was named the recipient of USA's hockey Jim Johnson's College Player of the Year award. Before starting to earn such a distinction, look at that, man, we got we got hockey players of the year fourth time.
Speaker 2: But it's what I said at the beginning, you know. And I don't call myself the swan me or a guy that think he knows it all. I said in hockey, I thought we had a goalie of the year. I thought we had a player of the year. And I also thought we had a coach of the year. But I understand not getting not finished in the final four or whatever it was. We can't get the coach of the year, all right, but that that kid displayed everything in a player of the year, you know what I mean. He dominated, He was a leader, he showed up every night. He led us to a great record, and you know, we just we just weren't able to finished. But he was a hell of a player for us this year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hopefully we do bounce back. I mean, stuff like that happens.
Speaker 2: I watch, that was a good one.
Speaker 1: You gotta say parts unknown, so people don't know exactly where you are.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like I'm in jail and they just let me out to do the h do the show.
Speaker 1: Damn oh man. But yeah, man, who was it? What we got? Next year?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: So yeah, first round nexcess in hockey? I mean that happens. The best of teams get beat. Uh, coach is still there? I like that where the hockey team's going? What is itn't I don't know the boys name, but when somebody got like either didn't took the name off the draft or went in the draft, whoever gonna be back? So a team should be better next year.
Speaker 2: I mean you gotta think it's back to back final fours or how but they called frozen four or whatever it is. And you know it's one of those where you got to get to a point where you want to finish the drill, you know, run through the line. You know, let's let's let's just not get there and be comfortable and happy with just getting there. All right, let's finish, you know what I mean, Let's finish. We done did it back to back? You know, do do you get to a point where you go to question the coaching or do you go to question you know what I mean, like, how can we finish that drill? That got to be the next question because you done did it back to back? You know, somebody got to knock on the door and say, hey, we want to we want a damn championship. You know, that's what we're working for them, the type of players that we have.
Speaker 1: So I got a question for you. So were you on Alabama where you on Nick saban staff when he finally broke to win his first championship.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was there. I was there two seasons. I was there two seasons. We was there first when we made Tim Tebow cry. They said Tim Tebow, Well, uh so the year before I got that thing he went seven and six. The next year we went twelve and two, and then the next year we went fourteen and oh we'd beat Texas in the national championship in the rose Bow.
Speaker 1: So can you see some similarities with hockey? And like are the steps they're taking the build or like what was that process like coming you know, being seven and seven, they go twelve and two and then finally getting over the line.
Speaker 2: I mean it was a process. But you know, I don't know what year this coach is in, but I know in football that give you you know, they say three years, that third year that coach should have everything implemented far as players, you know, players in the right position, you know, everybody understanding the philosophy of both offense and defense. And they say that third year should be that year, right, And the thing about it is that's the year that Nick Saban won a national championship and then from there the rest is history. So I don't know what year this coach is in, but I mean I'm not knocking the back to back frozen four. I mean, that's great, you know, but just like as the care coach, he want to win it, just as the players want to win it. You know what I mean. So that's gonna be their motivation in the off season. Let's not be satisfied just getting to the Frozen four. Let's be the one that's at the end holding up the damn trophy.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, man, I think they're getting close, so, you know, bar injuries, we should get past them. That's what that's what I want, that's what I need to see. Oh shoot, uh uh we got some she got a personal message. Your boy, your nephew, Ozon Burrs three times All American.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: How do hit Did you.
Speaker 2: Hit him up?
Speaker 1: Sword?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no yet, No he had he hit me, he said, Oh, matter of fact, he he just showed me his twenty twenty three National Championship ring. I don't know if you guys saw that. So I get first exclusive because I am uncle Swerve. But uh yeah, he was a Player of the Year, which he which he deserved. You know that don't shock the fans. That don't shock us on this podcast. And uh he just I guess i' if he just received his twenty twenty three National Championship ring. But you know, he displayed it on the social media after he told.
Speaker 1: His own Oh of course I know. That was a proud moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's why I lit up my cigae for you, nephew. Oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he can come visit you in a cigar jail whatever you are. No, I don't do all the jokes, but let me let's see hold on, you know, before we go next topic, let's let's give a shout out to our good friends. A great matter. Exchange great matters.
Speaker 3: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game, overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Great matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty savings on your ups and that X costs.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sean, let me tell the I keep saying fans, the family members, My nephew, Oh is a three time All American, three times All American. That's that's that's wonderful, you know. So let's give a shot to Oh, and also to the head coach and the rest of his teammates. That's that's a great deal right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's that's that's the major achievement. Man, it's awesome. Always been a great guest. You gotta get that. You USh him live match going.
Speaker 2: You gotta understand straight, I mean straight straight on Tennessee. You better be careful down there in Tennessee Bury. Uh the thing about with me and oh you know, I trained him in the off season, you know, so we don't get a chance to play one on one, but we do have a little competition because he's a hell of a competitor. I'm just a hell of an athlete, you know. So I get it the net and I you know, I put him in situation that he really don't be put in in the competition because he don't face anyone like a swerve and nerve. You know, if you're gonna understand that, because I just got the gym. Man.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's just a pure athleticism and some of the people can handle it's just something else rather than just technique. I get you out here. You know, I used to play tennis in high school.
Speaker 2: Ain't it ain't about you right now? Show is about me.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I'm sorry. I forgot my place. Uh but speaking of that, man, oh you're not my place. But uh, well, you hear about uh this, you hear about Uh Richard Wesley no longer committed to Oregon. This guy was just jumping in the pool the other day. But uh, now was it seventeen days? What do you think about that? Dan Lanny out here up in the water. I think we got that too. Hold on, it's wild being the other side of this. Well look at this.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, all the schools we allso me, you know, you love, but there's one school you don't showing me the most love, you know.
Speaker 1: I guess let's get it.
Speaker 2: It's time baby.
Speaker 1: That was seventeen days ago. Now he just hoped back in. He just decommitted, Like what is what is commitment anymore? I mean, like we had these problems before. N I yell, but like people talking in the pool, for you, you can't drive that off man.
Speaker 2: You know, it's one of those things where you know, as a head coach, you gotta do whatever you gotta do to sell your program. You you know, you live in the world now where's its social media? You know?
Speaker 1: And these kids live for those things.
Speaker 2: The coach that got a sense of humor, that can a personality that'll do things like that. But at the end of the day, you know, there's no guarantee until that name and signed. But even when that name is signs another window can come where they can leave your school. So you know, I mean shout out to Dan for doing whatever you had to do to get the commitment. But I don't know what went wrong, but I'm willing to guarantee you one dollar more played a big part in whatever happened.
Speaker 1: One dollar more. I mean, I can't be mad at Daniel either, man. I mean, it's nice to see coaches giants enough to get high ranking players to come to their school, even if they only committed for seventeen days. I remember those days. But you know, Org has got a different type of budget though that the other type of money that comes in from one that's I don't you know what was it? Texas got what llegedly thirty five million or something to play with. Ohio State is up there too, So you know you need more than just one billionaire backer with multiple backers, people just dropping money. And I pray Michigan State when we get this new ad ad situation and get our backs dropped.
Speaker 2: Tom, you know you gotta understand this, son, and let's let's think about it. You know, we live in with this football world. You live in a copycat.
Speaker 1: JJ called them visitors. They're not committed no more. They just visitors, that's it. And when I visit. When I visit, I knock on the door and you let me in. I like it for the time that.
Speaker 2: I'm there, But once I leave, I can go visit someone else. You know, if they got one dollar more, it's okay for me now to go stay at that home for seventeen days if it's possible. But one thing you understand, we live in a copycat world in the in this industry with football, you know, on any level. And what I mean by that is, you know, if if if, if, if Ohio State is playing Michigan and you see a play that Ohio State is running that Michigan can't stop, and you play Michigan the next week, but you don't have that play in your playbook. You're gonna add it, you know. And you may call it Old State or OS or a buck Eye, right, because why you got it from the buck guys. They were successful running it. Now you hope that when you play Michigan you run it. So I say that the same everybody's gonna try to get a budget of twenty million. Why, because that's the what Ohio State did. That's how Ohio State won it, right, They got a budget, they had.
Speaker 1: A budget of twenty or twenty two million.
Speaker 2: Right, and they peaked at the right time and they won they wanted. They won the national championship. So that's why you see the Texas and the USC's and all these schools that really have the money coming out saying, hey, yeah we got forty million, you know this. You know this year, Hey you got thirty million, go out there and do the same thing Ohio State did. And that's what they gonna try to do. And that wouldn't have bet you that kid that just left the committed from Oregon it was one one dollar more. And when I say one dollar more, and I'm not literally saying one dollar, but I know it was more than what he got. That's what That's what these kids are doing now.
Speaker 1: Well, so speaking on like the multimillions, like what like how long before last say, how long? How soon before we start hearing one hundred million dollars in il football budgets like we're talking about some of these are gonna be like basically many NFL teams in terms of how much money they can spend on these kids.
Speaker 2: You gotta think about this Texas Tech. I think got a million dollar picture for softball. Yeah, softball.
Speaker 1: I saw that, So you gotta look at that number.
Speaker 2: But then if you look at a kid like like like, uh, the kid that left Georgia to go to Miami, the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Four million for one year.
Speaker 2: Then you look at the kid that's at Michigan three year, twelve million, like it's only gonna get it just like that. It's just like the NFL, right, look at look at look at Prety or whatever party mister irrelevant just just side of you know, he's one of the highest spaces. So and at the end of the day, it's just that's what you're gonna have to do until like when Straighthorn break it down with all this legistration and his big words and his research and all the people you know up there in the White House and all that stuff. So until they put it in order, that's what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Well, just like that used to Texas Technical, uh softball player that the guy who runs their ni L, their private in i L. He was a businessman. He's a billionaire now. He sold his company I believe recently for like four billion dollars and him and several others are privately running their ni L. Like if you got one dude with four billion liquid and now he got other groups of people down there were about to see a bunch of these smaller schools or schools that people don't really know about our people that you think that just worn't that good getting national championships like in everything because you buying them. I mean, and I'm not hating on that. I wish we had several billionaires who maybe own sports teams or maybe really richard lums who would just throw stupid amounts of money so that I can feel good about myself as happens win national championships. But that's just me personal.
Speaker 2: But you gotta understand this, This is why I vote for a guy like like like Tom Leaders right only because for one, look at the work that he started already without nil, you know what I mean. And then look at the teams that he that he has with the n i L. Look at look at their record, look at the kids that and how happy they were. No one left, no one got in the port or whatever it was. So if you already got that guy on your campus, when I mean on campus, working on your campus, and he wants to be a d. You gotta look at him seriously, you know what I mean, because he already doing something that you need that you lack, especially in another department. I mean, why not football while he's wanting that. I don't know all that I'm looking at. Hey, we need an N I L. Guy. You know, we got to have a chance to fight with the other schools and not get these guys where you know, you know how this college thing't work. You look at our commitments, you know what the other schools do. They just laugh because they didn't want them. They didn't go after we didn't the northwest end and Penn State and in Ohio State and USC.
Speaker 1: Looking at the guys.
Speaker 2: That we got from your favorite schools name uh Joe Montana University and uh Sacramento University. State over the west side, by the orange side, they say the best side. They not worried about those guys that we got.
Speaker 1: You can't even poo pool Sacramento State. They have a higher rate of football class but we do right now.
Speaker 2: One minute more. I had to give them a shout out and that and that just saying, you know, come on, like one thing about me. I loved my school. I want the best for my school. And I'm not a hater, but I'm a'm a I'm a reality and I'm a realist, you know what I mean. I want to have a shot to fight with the big dogs, least least least least attempt, you know, let them tell us know, but not to even go after those guys. You know. That pissed me off as a fan, you know what I mean, especially when you know the guys that we're going after. And then we one thing about Michigan State, Like we we got people everywhere, you know. We got people in Atlanta, we got people in Florida, we got people in Texas that we can if they was to reach out and say, hey, let's help, you know. But I think whoever come in as an ad in which we got a couple big in theirs, I don't know what it is, but what goes on behind closed doors? What you got to propose to them and say, hey, how can we you know whatever it is, But I'm willing to bet you those guys, if the right plan was brought to them there will they'll be willing to help. Because they every billion that we got give money elsewhere. They have to you know what I'm saying, They have to, So why not give it to the school that you attended?
Speaker 1: We for me I when you you were there. Swear you're a legend. You got your face on the wall. You know, you've been the league, you played football at the highest of levels.
Speaker 2: You and you're very shining.
Speaker 1: You've seen how to build a program to win a championship. And we've talked about this at nozall. You swear that you, you and Jason are talking about this at nausea. But like it just sounds like people will say, like holding things accountables, hayten, But it's just just facts. And like one of my one of my big bros, used to tell me, facts are me. You know they can't be but it just is what it is. Like we gotta get the money right. Hopefully this ad will be here soon and we can get this ball wrong. But you got a question here from a pool that's on Jace Richardson not returning. Did y'all expected hey, poo pooh, pooh pooh.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, pooh pooh. Let me ask you something, Pool, because you ask some good questions. If you with Jason Richardson and you was in the draft. You coming back, you know, I just think, you know, I think he still may go lottery lottery. I don't know what's the lottery. Top twelve, top fourteen, top fifteen pick.
Speaker 1: I've seen him anywhere from like sixteen to like twenty two.
Speaker 2: You know, even if he come back, it's just like when we had my guy home before. He's still gonna be six feet whatever it is, six one, six feet and a half, whatever it is. You know how much game his game gonna get better? You know, I don't think they're looking for him. It ain't too many guys that don't get picked one through five that come in and start in the NBA anyway, you understand I'm saying. So, I wasn't surprised by him coming not coming back. I wasn't even thinking about that. If he were my son, wouldn't become.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's he's Jason Jays did everything in Michigan State this year. He scored and he distributed, He won his games. So I mean statistically, like I think I gotta find this website, but it basically shows the player efficiency of each each player and all of them. I think he was in the top ten, like not just freshmen, but like all players in terms of its offensive efficiency, like cheating a half with the thirty in vertical who's basically a fifty forty ninety player at the college level of a high major level team that hadn't been doing well to the lead eight. Really, I mean people like Meers, I mean, don't you talk about that when you go to the league, Like you know, this guy's a winner, he does the little things to get like this or is that not important anymore? Like I'm not. I'm not. I didn't play at highest level. So I'm asking you, well.
Speaker 2: I couldn't take you the mindset of of of this new generation of football, you know, because football in this basketball shit is all different than the time that I was playing and growing up. You know football, you get inside the ten, you know it wasn't no spread. You know it was you tell the receivers get their ass to the sideline. You know, you bringing that big full bag, you bringing that big office line, that defensive alignment, refrigerator. Pairry those guys and you know you're running lead blast you know boom. You know basketball, you know you had the Tim Duncans of the world. People can play against them back against the thing against the gold. Now you got guys shooting sixty to seventy three is a game, you know, Nobody post up, nobody even throw the ball in the paint, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's all new.
Speaker 2: So I won't see him say I know the mindset of these new generations in these sports. So but at the end of the day, you won't win us. You know, you want guys to help you win. So let's see. But I didn't think he was coming back at all.
Speaker 1: Pooh pooh, Well before it gets because you just said something interesting about the jack and Nember three. Give a shout out to our friends, I hop and they will come back to talk a little bit about them.
Speaker 4: Six dollars never tasted so good. I Hops Breakfast Saves Combo is now just six dollars, featuring i ops world famous buttermilk pancakes, krispy hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cook to order your way, all for just six bucks. Part of the new six dollars House Swaves menu.
Speaker 1: Is the three pointer Dying Out. This is an interesting little article that came out saying you live by the three, die by the three. In the playoffs, most teams that rely on the three have died by it. Four teams that led the league in three point shooting this season all are watching the playoffs at home, still playing twenty first ranked Pacers twenty seven frank Nicks, which that might be over soon. In fact, the Wolves are the only team well, the Wolves just lost. So the number one three point team Austin Celtics eight point two to three point it's a game out. Golden State Warriors forty two three points a game out. Chicago Bulls forty two didn't make the playoffs, Cleveland Cavaliers lost, Minnesota timber Wolves, and Okay in its tenth So it's not really a bunch of it just seems like there's other parts of the game that are being used to win. It's just jacking them threes is not. It's not it this season, it's not. It's this playoff cycle. I don't think the three is going anywhere, but I just think that, you know, you see it, like like SGA, there's a lot of mid range game going on right.
Speaker 2: Now, Sean. The game is on about to come on in a minute, right and you can still see guys can be at the rim looking pretty with a layup and then they get to the rim and throw it to the side to shoot a three.
Speaker 1: Guys on fast break. You don't see.
Speaker 2: Nobody looking at the tongue god drive and driving from the free throw line there on the fast breakday, pulling up shooting the three. It's a three ball game. Yeah, you got the guys that that. I mean, look, look, look, look at the guy for the Knicks, the big fella. Look at the big fella. He not doing that. In ninety eight, ninety six, ninety five, I think Shad probably took one or two three and that was a joke, like, come on, the big the big guy at the Knicks, take more jump But then he played with it with his back against the ball. I mean, gets the towns right, I mean, whatever is milk and cook it. But I'm just saying he played two more jump shots, then he played with his back against the you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's the three is the thing.
Speaker 2: That's That's how they probably dropped their players and they mindset me, Hey, the more we shoot, the better chance we gotta.
Speaker 1: Scoring over one hundred points and hopefully we win. Well, I know one thing the Pacers and OKC have definitely been like they they've shot threes, not like they're having shot threes, but they have been attacking the basket like they're beginning the lane. It's been a lot more of that. And I hey man, it's like they said, lib three, they just could have been cold, you know, But it just seemed like it's the least the playoffs that you got to have a little more to your game than just shooting threes. And at this time, if you want to win a championship.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that one. I think. I disagree. I think everybody just just living and die by the three. You know, the team that made the most three. It ain't about the team that got the most points in the paint. I never heard that. I never heard anyone say, oh you would the team that get the most points in the paint will win tonight. Like I never heard that. And then you gotta think defense is not like you know it once was. And the team that plays the defense, which right now is Indiana, and it's okay, see like they playing the toughest defense.
Speaker 1: See embarrassed Minnesota, Yeah, Paris Minnesota. Like Anthony Edwards guy, and I know after the game he's talking about he's gonna work real hard and everything. But god, that's that's not your hue man. I'm just wrong with that team.
Speaker 2: You know, you get a guy like you get a guy like an who is the face of his team and he's still like, you know, still got room to grow far as uh being a leader, you know. But to his defense, I don't know if he has anybody around him that's older that's a leader and that's been in the spotlight that he's that he's in, if that makes sense. And then if you look at an old KC team, Yeah, you got the guy that went when the NBA Player of the Year or whatever it is. But their team is like a humble team and a young team that's together. Even when they do interviews after the game, it's like, damn near the whole start five do the interview, you know what I mean. That's that's kind of a growth for me, you know what I mean? With with with with with ant Man, it's like it's ant Man and then he just get the guy you from the Knicks. So it's like and then if you look at the record, I mean one, I think OKAYC won sixty some games in the regular season, and Minnesota one forty eight or something, you know what I mean. So it's like, you know, after I knew, okay, so he was gonna win that series.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Is it easy to be in the locker room as an adult or just a person in general? When you're playing sports and you got a young guy. You've been in the league twice maybe three times as long as him, and people are calling him the leader of the locker room, but you've been here, like, but how does that work? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, he's the he's the leader because of his play, if you understand what I'm saying. But now he don't have a god bess did a Kobe or MJ or Lebron or Dwayne Wade another superstar or another VET that has a name that he either can respect. If that makes sense you understand I'm saying. Think about when Lebron came to Miami, you know what I mean, a decision had to be made, you know, where the who gonna who gonna be batman, who's gonna be robbing? Just like when Shaq came to Miami. Shaq tells Dwayne Wade, Hey, it's your show. I am here to I'm here to help you and lead the way. You understand I'm saying so, But you got OG's there. A man don't have a O G there. Now it's differently he can if KG was there. You understand I'm saying, now KG can show him the ropes, or he can learn by watching and listening how leader is supposed to be. But right now he's still a young guy just trying to get points, you know what I'm saying, and learning on the road, on the way.
Speaker 1: If you ask me, uh, yeah, I can see that. I just I just know how sometimes egos can be when you start to lose anything you got, Like people saying this young guy is supposed to lead the team. You know, behind closed doors, you'll see you see how he acting whatever I'm gonnay, I don't know, Anthony it was. I'm just saying I know how, I know how people can beat and like you know, after you get blown out by thirty and like it was, what's it thirty? I think they got blown on like a couple of priceless playoff it gets okay.
Speaker 2: See, oh, I wouldn't to sleep. I wouldn't to sleep. Six minutes into the game, it was over. About it. I ain't. I ain't got to tell you my part. My popcorns got cold. Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think Minnesota's got to get ready to go Bert. I don't like. I don't like you just at certain points of the game, when you when you're paying someone that much money, you got to take them off the game because they're a liability offensively like that. That's that doesn't seem that's something you got to move. I just I don't know. I've never been a big fan of Gobert. Yeah, at least not in this current league we're in. But we got another question for you, uh from a Morgan. Hey, swerve, what's your thoughts on the running back room this coming season? A lot of inexperience. Who's gonna set up with Carter and Lynch Adams?
Speaker 2: Moving on, Morgan, I'm flipping the coin, you know. I'm waiting on to be able to use my drone to see what I can see in the summer workouts and also in the summer practices, because I don't know. It's the unknown, you know, even when I go back to watch these guys tape from the previous years, I'm still a little iffy, you know, because it's not the competition of a Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, or Oregon and USC, you know. So I don't know do they have the skills. I just think that we're very average, you know. I don't want to say above average, you know what I mean, But I think we're very average. But I'm hoping that I'm wrong, you know. But I also think we may have to be a sixty to forty past type of team for us to really have a chance to control the game and and give us the best chance to win. So I don't know, you know, I don't know if they looking for those guys to be home run home run guys, or you're looking for those guys to get you. Hey, I just need three yards, you know, get me three yards and then you know these other two downs, we're gonna pass this ball and try to get the ball to six and these receivers. So I don't know what to expect Morgan. I'm hoping for the best, but I don't know. I don't know enough about him to be honest, and a little bit that I do know about him that I went back and watched highlights in some of the games.
Speaker 1: I just see average. Let you go. We got another question from a Lintel Jefferson question, how many Kerrents you can stay basketball players in the NBA. Looks like we got six Miles Bridges, Max Christi, Draymond Green, Gary Harris, Jared Jackson Junior and savorite till me. And that's it right now. That's what's in the league. I know Brent Forbes and gen Zel are out of the league right now and Cashes is overseas. So yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: A good question.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Three yards in the cloud, it does. Yeah, that's that's what we got. If we can get lucky enough to.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's And you gotta think also, you know, and think about this. You know, it's a couple of games that we we we we could have won that we could have won easily two more games and then a lot of games the Michigan we were in the fight Ohio State. We started off tough with them, So it's not like, you know, guys just coming in and just just blowing us out. In Indiana, we fought right at the beginning, you know what I mean. So it's like we just got to find a way to finish and and and put guys in situations to be successful. You know, if we feel like six is a guy like like that for at Ohio State, let's let's let's put them in a situation to make plays. You know, were playing the quarterback the money that they say they're paying them, and now you're paying the receiver the money you're paying them. Sit let's use them. That's how I go. So, I mean, I'm excited for this year. You know, I'm putting my money back on my team. What make you say four and a half, five and a half, five and a half. So, I mean we got to go to a bowl game, you know, and and and and I think this coaching staff want to they hit the chattel. You know they here, they hear the negativity, they hear you know that head coach here, it's stuff get back to him. So I know he wanted to prove some people wrong. So I got time to put put put, put the house in the mortgage all on the five and a half like I did last year.
Speaker 1: And you know, Coach Marine made a good point earlier. But this isn't a chicken or egg argument. How can you attract chip recruits when you're missed When you've missed the bowl games for three years straight.
Speaker 2: All right, Coach Marine watched this and it's a great question. But watch this. The University of Miami just went to a bowl game. I think this year. I think two years ago they was five and seven, and a year after that there was another six and six or something. Then this year they go to bowl game. I think I think in uh, coach coach first three years so right now, it ain't about your bowl game. It's about the nil So why was somebody I'll always questioned, why would somebody go to University of Miami and they was five and seven and they now they still they and they was in the top.
Speaker 1: Ten in recruiting?
Speaker 2: Why because they had the nil money? The second year I think they go six and six in the top ten recruiting. Why because they got nil money? Why people come there? They play at Joe Rock. I mean, I say Joe Robbie a hard rock stadium. They only probably get twenty five to thirty thousand people. And it's eighty thousand dollars, I mean eighty thousand stadium. It's not on campus. It's like there's nothing attracted about it. Why people were going? It was the nil so, Coach Marine, That's that's what we're in and we're not doing both. You're not going on the Bowl game, you're not putting people in the draft, and you're not spending the money. We gotta be. We gotta face reality of what you think our season gonna be.
Speaker 1: We got you got to get this question to ask what just said, thinking the teams getting rid of classic rivalries to maybe make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Bullshit. Everybody trying to find a way to get in that playoff like any way they can't. Everybody trying to find a way taking away a rivalry game. Or I heard someone saying they only gonna play so many division game, but try to play some more teams with rank records. It's just crazy, man, what this game has turned into. Everybody trying to find an easy way to get to the twelve team playoffs, but to take away the ribery games. I think that that's bullshit because at the end of the day, those ribery games go back to history with fas, you know what I mean. It's like when Michigan played Michigan State, I had to learn that you got some families that be separated during that week, especially on that Saturday. You know what I'm saying, Uh, Miami, Florida state. You know, that's like a big rivaly down here. So it's like, you know, take away that is like, ah, the people in Florida were like, man, that damn what's going on.
Speaker 1: So it's especially since the playoff committee seems to like work for the TV networks. That's what it looks like where they moved the goalposts every year, where it's very arbitrary. You've got a team who played nobody basically all year. Uh, they have a good record, and then they get the playoffs and get destroyed. But because their brand name is because it's TV, they're allowed to sneak in, which is crazy. But then you get a team that goes eight and four, played some people, beat some ranked team, and they pushed from the Valida. You want the best football? Do you guys just want to stay? He said what I said, Like they should just say they want brand recognition, the money, But you know, they gotta play the game. They gotta make it seem like it's you know, it's really really a long thought press going to that's.
Speaker 2: Like the person that asks that question, I want you can also ask the questions Why are people leaving their comference to go to the SEC or to go to a CC or why are these other comforts trying to get these attracts, uh, the big names out of these small teams, I mean, save small comforts to add to their comforts. You know what I'm saying. It's just like it's so much going on now. I call it this new generation of football where you sit back as a fan and you say why why You know what I'm saying, but to each his own. Everybody got their opinion. So we got we got people they like as oh, that's my family. Man, it's a time for fam When when you got when you got, when you got the main big dog on the road being a dad and gotta do what you gotta do. You know, this is a time now for family to talk. Let's talk family. I got all day. I don't care about basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I appreciate that. Adam promises, how do we get to spend some money on a high level transfer? Or Richard and getting him to spend for a portal edition.
Speaker 2: Now, you know it is always it's one of those guys where you know he's a legend, he's a legend in the conference. He's a legend in the in the in the state. He's a legend on campus. He's a legend with the administration. He gonna do it his way, you know what I mean. I don't see him going out of his norm. I don't see him giving a kid some stupid kind of money just to come on his team. I think he's a guy that believes even his system and gonna do it his way. You know, you look at a guy, it's it's funny, man. I had I was gonna send it to you. I think the coach that was at Kentucky, he has I think it's like twelve guys that was in the playoffs in the NBA playoff, you know what I mean. I did not know the guy that's okay see went to Kentucky. Yeah, yeah, he got a guy from Kentucky got me got an okay see, he got a kid that said at Phoenix. I mean it was something that I saw on Twitter today. So but that that guy gonna do. He gonna play with the house money, he gonna play with the church's money. You know. He gonna do by any means. He want the top players, you know, and he gonna give himself a chance. I mean, look what he did this year in his first year, you know when he went to sixteen or lead eight. You know, so Mark Pope is no, I'm not talking about the guy that Kentucky. The guy that left Kentucky.
Speaker 1: He went to Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Right, Arkansas was in the top top eight or something, right sweet sixteen.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't even closing that year before. But what I'm saying is not just him looking at the guy at Saint John. He cleared out and brought a new out.
Speaker 1: They're paying money.
Speaker 2: I don't see is going outside his character to you know, get a kid five or six million. Uh you know, I think that. I think somebody signed the kid from was it Princeton went to Florida. They tell about he's getting six million something like that, Like, come on, I don't I don't see Isoe doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was paying six millions, but I think he paid. I think what thing is he pays the guy Fruits and that like come out of high school. He pays them. And whenever that level of money is, he's paying them. Whatever transfer is coming in, Like he like, he's probably not going to go above that, He's like, I want to keep keep the locker room cool. I'm not trying to break any waves. I just want to keep I want my guys to know I care about them.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Whoever's coming here is this supplement. I think that that's kind of how Islo's played it, except for except for uh, Tyson Walker. Tyson Walker. I think they actually spent to get him.
Speaker 2: So if that's the case, what about the kid that left us to go to n C State or wherever he went?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Was he was?
Speaker 1: He the freshm on campus, then high school? We recruited him out of high school he was a junior. I do not want to put people's business out there, because I did hear some rumors about how much n C State paid him to come there, and I would have left too out one hundred left for that money.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is if if, if, if, if he loved the kids that that was in the locker room, that started there from the beginning as a rest man, you know, one dollar more. I don't see him going outside his character. Feel like he got to pay a kid that much to win win games, or he thought that kid can be replaced, or he thought the next man up that he can motivate and coach and they can get him going where they can they can be replaced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean? Yeah, I mean I can't deny that. That's what That's exactly what it looks like. It looks like, hey, we're not gonna mess with this locker room chemistry. If you're gonna get some more money, go for it. You know, he does pay, like he does pay his guys to stay. I mean, it's not like he's not paying nobody nothing. Like we got history on the line, Like if he wanted to, he could just get the money to like just get a kid now, Like that's not gonna happen. Adam, her good stuffs? Where got you guys talking? Who's when we nice to see? He hangs it up. I agree with that, Adam. I would love to see another national championship Michigan State. We got we got guys like Villanova who have three now two or three national titles, like having two of it's good. It's only handful of schools who have more than one national championship in basketball.
Speaker 2: I'm one of those. Out of checked this out right, he hasn't won since my team please right, and and and and my team was a floor general. He was the heart. You know, he was the leader of that team where you know they played, they played, they played off his emotion, they played off his passion. You know, he was ahead. He was a coach on the court. And we haven't won since him. Right, We've been closed final fours and this and this right, but we praised Izzo, right, we praise him right as long as he geting to the sweet said team this the week said it, But we haven't won since two thousands. That have been twenty five years, you know what I mean? And I look at it and I may be by because I'm a mateen Clee, my favorite point guard. Y'all can have magic, y'all can have Zeke and all these other people, but mateen Clee and my favorite point guard. That kid, that guy played so much of a road on that where it was and everybody questioned the jump shot or this and this, but he willed his.
Speaker 1: Team to victory.
Speaker 2: If you watch from the Sweet sixteen all the way to Florida, he willed his team to victory. And we never had a point guard like him that led his team far. His emotion, passion, and leadership like he did, and Itzo hasn't won since him. Now we don'e have other guys that were high drivet picked the mateen and everything. You know what I'm saying. And I just questioned it where you know what is it like? You know what I mean? Like how twenty five years and we get some top recruiter and get some top names and this and this, not like for and you got you got the big enough in your back pocket because you got names of you in the football building. You know what I'm saying. So it's like I just want to know we ain't gonna get over that humble if we ever gonna get over that humb.
Speaker 1: Win't a championship in basketball right like else a lot of people being like more often like Cali carry for all the town he has, Like what you mentioned, he had twelve guys in the playoffs on he only has one, only one national championship, and he had way more talent. So I mean it's not like for lack of trying, but like just as a fan and alum, like I'm.
Speaker 2: So check this how to cut you off, shun. But it was a great question that someone asks and they asked how many and how many NBA players we got? Well, guess what we I got this text today. The Wildcats in the NBA have twenty nine bam from from Miami Heat Booker Brandon Boston, Anthony Davis, Justin Edwards, Fox Shay, Alexander Tyler, Hero, the list go on. You know, they have twenty nine. So that was a great question. I just got that text today. Wow.
Speaker 1: Well that that goes back to what I was saying. Though we got six currently in the league, they got twenty nine. We both got the same number of national championships.
Speaker 2: So all these guys was in the playoffs this year.
Speaker 1: I see, So that's eight.
Speaker 2: Wow. We just got that today. We got that question today. So that's why you gotta love this show, baby, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean that's true, the fact that you got that that quick, like people sending you in for me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I swear man, I got I got listeners everywhere.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: That's see. The one thing about this and I want the fans to do this. We won one thing I want to do. It's not for my own personal growth or anything like that. Let's make this show one of the top shows. Let's let's let's let's let I want I want some of that in the chat. How can we make this show one of the top shows in the country, you know what I mean? Like, who got an idea? Who knows somebody, that knows somebody that knows somebody? How can we do that family? Because why it's no one else. I don't know any other part. I don't really listen to that ship. But who's doing a podcast about their university? And can get you know, and doing what we're doing.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's many. But one thing we gotta do is take that next step and we we we all.
Speaker 1: For answers and suggestions. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 1: Hey man, we got, we're gonna get. We're gonna keep wrong. So we are wrong like twenty percent since you joins word. So I mean we're getting up there. We're gonna keep rowing to steady, steady face Steve. I think I need to ask everyone toy so much to the cookout, okay, Steve?
Speaker 2: So so if Steve he say in Jamaica, in Jamaica, I wouldn't have bet you he either got on a tight tank top or you know what, don't worry about it. I'll see it on Twitter.
Speaker 1: You know you know Steve Jamaican Steve. Yeah, man, but I guess well you know this, this is a great episode. Let's let's start start wrapping up Square. If you got any final thoughts.
Speaker 2: Hey, Like I said, let's come up with some successions, some some what we gotta do to make it to the next one. And I just want to say, hey, Scret while you're out there going through Tennessee, Sir, you usual better be careful and go to speed lifting. But be safe on that road, brother, and hit me when you get into Michigan. Don't hit me tonight, just text me because you got a long way to go.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they got you locked up wherever you are Square let me out. But yeah, man, I love the chat. You know, great questions. Not everybody keep him coming. We'll have him. Uh, we'll see you guys next week. And you know, for producer Shine and Swerving Sean.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to say, good job tonight, man. You know you on your way. You feel did pretty good. I mean you don't look like straight. He's a little more pretty than you, but y'all got the same size head. But you know you did a hell of a job, brother.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that means a lot. Swear, but you know again, love to love the chat, love, swerve love. Jason gave the opportunity in the community that makes the show special. But you know, sign off producer, Shine and swear. Hit him with the swerve one more time.
Speaker 2: Swerve. No, you got to hit you got to do no, no for you leave Sean. You got to hit him with the house. How straight in the show. Don't do that. Come on, dog, come on, I keep hope alive.
Speaker 1: Remind me how the show. You're the producer, Shan, Come on, uh, how you got me? You got me a live man? I gotta get the show.
Speaker 2: Hit him with the God bless thank you for God. Come on dog.
Speaker 1: Oh of course I'm sorry. God bless Go Green, Go what go White?
Speaker 2: No, I got to say go what?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: You all right, we'll see We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: M m m hm h