Speaker 1: Hey, we're back News Radio eight forty W A J. Yeah, it's a broadcasting live on a very special Friday show and Grill Masters supply on Shelbyville Road in Middletown, just down the road from Roosters. I'm joined by my friends Joe Elliot and Uh.
Speaker 2: Well you should say friend. There may be two guys here, but which one is your friend?
Speaker 3: Friends?
Speaker 2: Cheff? How's it feel to be me? Ben?
Speaker 1: Eddie and h and the injured injured guy? Oh, I know is milking the injury for two days now.
Speaker 2: He didn't look like he's milking it too well. Right now? Listen, you doing okay, buddy.
Speaker 4: People said the doctor said, under no circumstances about to leave the house to broadcast because it would risk my life. And now I'm here and all the listeners they say, dight, why are you here?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dedications for you, Tony, Chris, Uh, dedications all right? Who did are real quick? We're gonna do crusade for children trivia? Yeah, okay, I know that one, Tony.
Speaker 5: Listen, no pressure on this, but this is for the kids.
Speaker 1: And if you lose, so this has been and we'll get to the crusade real quick. But this has been a week where this is your life Tony Cruz and people have come back into the studio. Which was the most surreal or which one did it was anything jump out of the this is.
Speaker 6: Your life to Yeah, the managers that came in and said, I felt like Sally Fields winning osk Her. You like me, you really like me, because you know those guys they never looked at you like like they did.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like like, I'm your boss.
Speaker 1: Well, frankly, if all three of them in the room, it was your last day and you know I walked in the room and all three of them were there, was like, this isn't.
Speaker 5: That happened to me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was called black Friday when they fired those people.
Speaker 5: I was one of them, and I call that black Friday. That's what they called it and them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this was the big one where they cut everybody and I walk in, I'll see my boss, his boss, and then I'll see somebody from HR.
Speaker 5: Went, well that's sitting good, and I shut the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kind of well, we were reminiscing on the first one where they had no offense to our bosses at the time, but we had a huge warehouse of studios and they would if you were fired, they would call your name over the know they call. And then so everybody started to gather in rooms and we would all listen and go. You could hear the cook with the with the phone over the intercom would go and you go, here we go. And the next one would be, well, we were in the room for Jim Jim Harley duke Meyer that day, and so I was in the room, goes, well, been good to work with you.
Speaker 5: Rock down, Rocky night, Troy Rolleck.
Speaker 4: And so that happened again in sales and we'll get the Crusader trivia. But they had fired when I was in sales. They let go I think it was twenty people. What and we the said clear counter as we sat there. And then when they came in, someone would leave, go down the hall and they wouldn't come back. Well, then our the main guy at the time was Bill Gentry, who did the show with you other. He came walking down the hallway after hours of this and he stood right in my cubicle because that's where the fal Kebas were.
Speaker 5: He looked down at him and thought, oh God, not again.
Speaker 2: And he goes. It's over, folks.
Speaker 5: I said you can't.
Speaker 4: You couldn't ye down the hallway right up to my desk and said, all right, Crusader children, trivia baby.
Speaker 1: Let's play the jeopardy music. And of course these guys get eight of the next ten questions correctly. I'm at six hundred and twenty dollars. We'll go to six hundred and forty. Okay for the last one or the second to last one, because Crusader's in just a couple of days or a week and a half. Okay, so eight of ten us I have eleven questions.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If one of these you can't answer, say I want the want the option, you can only do it once?
Speaker 5: All right, okay, real quick.
Speaker 4: By the way, free lunch Friday, come on by competition, ribs, pork but sliders, brisk of baked beans, coast law and more.
Speaker 5: Grill Master supply food is getting served now.
Speaker 1: Question one, Yes, what alloy is comprised of copper and zinc? What alloy is comp is comprised of copper and zinc? Anyone copper and zinc? Joe Elliott knows it.
Speaker 2: I do not copper, as Joe am I playing this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're in.
Speaker 1: I looked at these two and John and went, no, no, they're gonna need hell. I don't know copper what alloy?
Speaker 5: It can't be a luminum.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, figure it out because both of copper and zinc are both brown, right or what color?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: So you would understand this analogy? So what what was the what the what's the two things they had in all strip clubs in the nineties?
Speaker 5: Oh, stripper post chrome. It's chrome.
Speaker 4: No, I've never had a dancer give me a lap dance by the name of copper.
Speaker 1: Or you do a you do one more hint and that's it, all right, and then we'll take the l You do a bridge joke?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Iron?
Speaker 1: No? No, all right, it's brass brass.
Speaker 5: My bridge joke said brass. No.
Speaker 4: No, the bridge joke is it's cold enough to freeze the nuts off an iron bridge.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought it was a brass brass.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of glad I didn't know that because I'm not a brass fan.
Speaker 1: So go ahead, alrighty, that's it. We're now one down out of the gates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're we're up against it.
Speaker 1: You'll know this one. I don't know what American writer went on the road? See you're supposed to Jack Carouac finished the question. Jack Carrowac finished the question on the road, can you zip your fat face?
Speaker 5: What could be Charles Carrol?
Speaker 1: Here we go, what American writer went on the road to find lives answers? Also the name of Tony Venetti gave to the phone book. When we first got caller, I d let me think, hang on, go ahead, Jack Kerouac, Yes, whoa. So when they called it's a long story short. When they got caller, I d I didn't want my name in the phone book, right all right? So I called and they said, well, it's two dollars a month not to have your name of the phone. I go, what do he means? Two dollars a month? She goes, you could you know? You could use any name? And I go, uh uh. So we had to do days of caller ID. I said, She goes, what do you want to use? And I said, I am Jack Carrouac. When so, when if I called you, your said Jack Carrouac, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 3: I did the same thing. I didn't want to pay two bucks a month.
Speaker 1: There you go, he backed me up.
Speaker 5: I did the same thing. But I used, Tony Vannetti.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Question three, the Luxer hotel in Casino in Las Vegas was built in what unusual shape?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I've got no clue either.
Speaker 4: It's like a pyramid type thing, Jos, I was thinking pyramid two.
Speaker 6: Pyramid, pyramid, pyramid, Me me, me, me, me me correct?
Speaker 5: Hang on right, Hang on one second?
Speaker 2: Why do you think I'm retiring? Hang on?
Speaker 5: It's not only is my achilles hurting, but now my back is hurting from carrying you guys, Joe Elliott.
Speaker 1: I'm killed, all right, Tony. I think that's something to say, though, that you haven't traveled a lot. Now you're gonna do a little bit lux Question four, you're on a roll here? What what style of yoga is practiced in very in a very warm room?
Speaker 5: Yoga yoga.
Speaker 3: It's not called hot yoga.
Speaker 1: Na, there's an name sweaty sweaty as.
Speaker 4: Look at look look at the guy coming out on last day.
Speaker 5: Uh hey, well, honey, time out tom out.
Speaker 4: To Can you do one thing real quick at the end of the show, can you tell everybody exactly how you.
Speaker 2: Feel about him? And just.
Speaker 5: Because it was ratings?
Speaker 4: Baby, do you mind go out home because I gotta go out on a bank.
Speaker 1: We're gonna pull in, We're gonna pull in. I think you're let's say your wife by what's hot? Yoga called it's a it's it's a name to it.
Speaker 5: Hot?
Speaker 1: Because you can't get another answer wrong or the kids will suffer.
Speaker 2: Sushi.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, what did you say? Bisram bickram bickrum brum.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, bickram bickmyrect.
Speaker 4: But Eddie, I wish i'll tell you what you know that because Beckram is the guy that gives me my Marborough lights at Dogger's VP.
Speaker 5: Hey, beck what's up?
Speaker 2: But Hey, I wish I had you all right?
Speaker 1: Question number five really got me scared. I just went away with your last day, dude, and the crusadees like ten days away.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: What does the H stand for in H G. Wells? Is it Henry or Herbert.
Speaker 3: Herbert?
Speaker 1: I'm Herbert Herbert Herbert Dwight. Since you're such an avid reader, I want listening.
Speaker 4: I'm on his latest book and it is a great read in my book club, I'll go Herbert. Final answer, Herbert is.
Speaker 5: A good read. I just like saying that.
Speaker 1: Mean good job, Joe. All right, Joe Elliott, you want to get on the board.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: I like it, Joe, all right, this is just going to be a guest here because I thought you would be doing a lot better at this point. But and it's silly, but what is the record for the most lit candles in someone's mouth? Is it fourteen? Forty one or eighty one?
Speaker 5: It's gotta be eighty one, eighty one, forty one.
Speaker 3: I'd say eighty one too.
Speaker 5: Now let's go forty one.
Speaker 2: I'll say forty one, forty one. Depends on the mouth.
Speaker 5: What what what? What was the wait? Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait, what was the open your mouth?
Speaker 5: What was the middle question?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Question? You understand the candle has to be lit?
Speaker 2: Okay, forty one.
Speaker 1: It was the game a little bit fourteen.
Speaker 5: Let's go forty forty one, forty one.
Speaker 1: It's always smart to go with the middle one, right, That's where I was going. Forty one forty one. Final answer for lit candles in someone's mouth?
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, that's it. Wow. Oh, what's a nice thing you have there? What you.
Speaker 1: Alright?
Speaker 2: Alright? You okay, you're relieved?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get nervous. I get nervous because I wanted to go right, I care about the kids.
Speaker 4: There's got to be one person you worked with over the years that you hate that you can just like let it know.
Speaker 1: No, he hates, no one he hates. He's a boy scout. But the commercial exactly what I said on his first day, we hired a scout.
Speaker 5: I gonna have you find somebody, Tony Cruise.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Question seven. Robert De Niro and Al Pacino acted together for the first time in which film?
Speaker 5: I want to say The Godfather?
Speaker 1: Robert de Niro?
Speaker 5: I want to say the god Really Narrow wasn't the Godfather?
Speaker 1: Was he? Al Pacina was not in The Godfather?
Speaker 5: Al Pacina was De Niro? Was Niro? Was Narrow? De Niro wasn't in it?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Hang on what they've been in. They've been in Heat. Heat.
Speaker 1: Maybe Heat is an underrated maybe not underrate, but it is a fantastic film. Let's go with Heat that I believe was wasn't that Ashley judds like kind of platform that launched her? So she became a big star after that.
Speaker 4: And Heat movie, you see the trapper walks in and so it in Heat.
Speaker 5: Butchino's the cop.
Speaker 1: No, yes, Copper narrows.
Speaker 4: Narrow is the crook, and every time he walks by, he tells Pacino grass.
Speaker 1: So Robert De Niro al Pacino acted together first time.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing I know. H heat heat, Oh, okay, all right, how many are we in?
Speaker 1: You got three more?
Speaker 2: I always geting Robert De Niro and Robert de ball mixed up.
Speaker 1: Remember you can trade for another question at the I have one in reserve. All right, there's only gonna be several choices on these answer, so you gotta narrow it down. Nineteen seventy three, which building became the world's tallest when it.
Speaker 2: Opened World Trade Center? What?
Speaker 1: No, there, there's only several choices.
Speaker 2: This was the other one Chicago.
Speaker 5: We're building Sears Tower.
Speaker 1: So what's the name of the Chicago one?
Speaker 2: Serious tower?
Speaker 1: So you're basically your choices are because they're right around the same time. So it's the it's the New York or Chicago? Chicago nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 5: Right, Sears Tower. Yeah, so let's go serious.
Speaker 1: What do you think it was Chicago for a while?
Speaker 2: And then there's.
Speaker 4: Seventy three, Yeah, seventy three, So this is post God give me an answer.
Speaker 7: It was the John Hancock Building in Chicago's let's go serious.
Speaker 1: Let's go serious, Wight. We're trusting you. Yeah, yeah, let's go We're gonna trust Why.
Speaker 5: Let's go serious town. I was gonna go Roebuck Tower, but we're gonna go Sears Tower.
Speaker 2: You know, I think.
Speaker 1: Who? Yes, the Sears Tower in Chicago. That's where nineteen seventy three and.
Speaker 5: Now they got like a plexiglass thing where people sit there. Look at me, I'm hoovering over to Coo.
Speaker 1: I did look it up there you can get not a big apartment, but you can get an apartment in this year's tower for about one hundred and seventy five thousand or two hundred thousand. What practice does it come with a mop? Uh?
Speaker 8: What would only be about eight ft long?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, it was a decent sized closet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got the joke.
Speaker 1: Listen, some people, after events has happened in the country, don't like to live us.
Speaker 2: He went to Trinity, so he got too educated. He did that fun all right?
Speaker 1: What brand? This second last question, what brand of whiskey? What brand of whiskey? Was created in nineteen thirty nine, when the Queen of England visited Canada.
Speaker 5: Uh, Canadian royal, Canadian royal. What's it called? No, No, it's got crown royal, Crown royal. That sounds right, Crown Royal, Crown Royal.
Speaker 1: I'll go with that, Canadian witting. I'm so damn proud of you.
Speaker 5: Okay, my work. I think we're done here. Out of time, We're out of time. Arms around the time. We can't.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make Tony Kruz.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Let me say, Let me say what thing? All right?
Speaker 4: Tony Dwight team down by one zero seconds on the clock and the line.
Speaker 5: It all comes.
Speaker 4: Down to you're you're giving me ptsdt's let's go ahead.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: And it's a sports question?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a lot. Can I just say something real quick?
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you've ever covered this event?
Speaker 5: Can I say something? If it's sports, there's no way he can get wrong.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, there's absolutely no way he can get this one wrong.
Speaker 1: What here? We go for all the marbles? If you get this wrong, the kids lose money.
Speaker 5: Can I say one more thing?
Speaker 4: No, do not let the fact that everyone in here is staring at you make you nervous.
Speaker 5: You got you gotta block that out.
Speaker 4: Look like all these people out here for me, they're here for the food.
Speaker 5: You gotta block that out. When you answer, all.
Speaker 1: We go, all right, nip it?
Speaker 5: Alright?
Speaker 1: What decade was the first Indianapolis? Five hundred? Was it nineteen tens or nineteen twenties?
Speaker 2: I got hang on, be quiet, nineteen tens.
Speaker 1: You look very committed and either whether you were confident or not, you are pulling it off.
Speaker 4: Yes, nineteen tens, nineteen tens. Final answer, answer all comes down to this.
Speaker 2: Tens. Tony Cruz.
Speaker 5: Cruise.
Speaker 2: How do I know? Because I was in it?
Speaker 1: That's right, old man?
Speaker 5: Where Cruz came from? A lot about Tony.
Speaker 4: I always thought Tony Cruz came from the term cruising that was popular in the late seventies early eighties.
Speaker 2: No, that would be something remember about.
Speaker 1: We all know where it's from now, an old prostitute.
Speaker 5: If you weren't listening, it was a man. Sorry, it was a pimp.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Before they were madams.
Speaker 5: Yeah right. The only reason the only reason become a madame is you age out.
Speaker 2: So she is what she used? All right? Uh?
Speaker 1: Grill masters supply Tony cruise, Joe Elliott, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You guys rock out.
Speaker 1: We got listen. We're gonna let you do one more goodbye because the one you did on your own show was kind of lean. Yeah, we're gonna make you do it again. Okay, we're gonna make you do it again. We don't know, I don't care. Hey, go back and slam a dyke.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, Tony and Tony and I have some very special radio energy powder we're gonna share with you.
Speaker 5: When we go to wet along song.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me ask you the simple body shop dot com. I came out of the parking lot and my jeep was absolutely destroyed, quarter panel, bumper light, the whole deal.
Speaker 5: I had two estimates done.
Speaker 4: One was thirty eight hundred, the other one was forty two hundred. I knew I was gonna go to these simple body shop, but I wanted to get these estimates. I didn't have to go to these simple body shop. I just simply uploaded the pictures with a couple hours without either leaving my driveway. They sent me an estimate wasn't thirty eight hundred, it wasn't forty two hundred. It was nine hundred dollars. Folks, you don't have to turn everything into your insurans. Maybe you got dings, scratches, or maybe it was like me and you had full on damage. These Simple Body Shop is going to take care of that at a fraction of the costs. By the way, I got my car back the very next morning. The crew at these Simple Body Shop absolutely insane. Go to these Simple Bodyshop dot com.
Speaker 5: Stick around.
Speaker 4: It's free lunch Friday and it's a big one baby competition, ribs, pork, sandwiches, brisket, baked beans, and more. Get down here to grill Master supply right now. Wow, news RADIOA forty whas.
Speaker 1: All right, we are back news Radio eight forty whash. We are brought you bout the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Please buckle up, put the phone down, watch what you're doing, don't text for sure, and remember to get your real ID, which I have yet Joe to get.
Speaker 7: Oh, I got mine. It was an ordeal, but I got it done. Had to come back twice. You got it, yeah, Boat, it was a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a mess, And they continued I did. I tried one tactic where I showed up an hour and a half before they opened, and there was already thirty two people in the line. I walked around the corner and went what Yes, I went what yeah?
Speaker 3: So I had an appointment and it still didn't do much good.
Speaker 1: No, no, I I that's the part of the issue. So at some point they'll figure it out. Sometimes the government just can't admit that it was a kind of a mistake, but they.
Speaker 7: Hey, can I jump in here just real quick. I know you guys got a lot of other things to do, but I want to give a shout out to Rick Olgeier. Rick is the man here at at Girl Masters. He also has his fireplay shop, which I know you guys have talked about on this show. Yeah, he fixed my air conditioner years ago. Allgeyar Air, Allgear Air and water.
Speaker 3: Does plumbing now.
Speaker 7: This guy is into everything and I really appreciate him having us out here today for your show and Tony's retirement bash and whatever else. We're all doing that here, So I just want to give a salute to Rick.
Speaker 1: It's a great one too. It's been a great opportunity for Tony to have this is your Wife this week and I'm not so sure. I'm not so sure, how many of us wants to do a week of this is your wife.
Speaker 8: Terry Miners, this is this is so fu Now tomorrow it'll be crickets in his life. That'll be the amazing thing. By Sunday afternoon, he'll start crying and texting us and saying, let me come back.
Speaker 1: There's got to be a support group for Penny the wife. You know, he's been working for his entire life, but if anybody deserves a little quiet time and going to spend time with his grandkids. In all jokes aside, Yeah, I called him to the boy Scout the first day he was.
Speaker 8: You called him Pap Paul too. That was the first time I heard that route.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, Pap Paul had boy Scout when they hired him in mornings. I said, well, they went to boy scout route. But he's just he's just a different kind of animal man, He's a different kind of cat. I like him a lot, Joe.
Speaker 8: We've known him so long that we've seen cruise in his various phases. Yes, I remember when he went on summer vacation and then when he came back, his hat was turned backwards and he said, yo baby, and I'm like, oh my god, oh my goodness, where have you been? And his whole demeanor changed there for a while, and then ultimately we convinced him he's not eminem and then he came back to being Tony again.
Speaker 1: It's so fitting that he started in Christian radio.
Speaker 8: Wasn't he like Fluffy Year or so? He had some kind of a name. I know, you remember Joe he was on other station. No, I know he was Tony Cruz. But no, he was like Snowy and Fluffy or something. He was on something.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, on the rock stage in the morning.
Speaker 1: How did you know that his name Tony Cruz was inspired by a prostitute. No, I find out out today.
Speaker 5: So I thought, skip.
Speaker 8: Esse, just trying to make him sound like Tom Clean.
Speaker 1: He said, no, no, no, he told the truth today that this this guy, one of his program directors, would get in the car with her. He would write, share ride with a madam named Tony Cruz. She was a prostitute.
Speaker 8: Get out of it.
Speaker 1: And I said, we're just hearing this now right her last day.
Speaker 8: That is a strange is a strange story. But so I've shaken his hands all these years, and I didn't wash my hands right after.
Speaker 1: But he did.
Speaker 8: Morning.
Speaker 1: It's different than you and I. We did mornings long time ago.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And Nick Coffee was talking about our our little conversation the other day we did.
Speaker 8: Look Joe Elliott. I don't know if Joe was on that text thread, but we were. We were making a joke about getting up in mornings just you'd rather get hit in the face with a baseball bat five times instead of hosting a morning show. Yeah, and then Nick Coffee, I didn't realize was lurking, and he says, oh, thanks guys, thanks for talking me into this job.
Speaker 3: No, nothing like it. You know, we've all had this experience. If you've done mornings.
Speaker 7: You wake up and it's like, I don't know, five point fifty six or something, and you look at the clock and you're panicked, and then you realize it's Saturday, and you're like, oh, it's such a great relief.
Speaker 1: Okay. On that point, he gets to wake up tomorrow and forever now and not be somewhere on the road. Right it's dark and he's avoiding du drivers and trying to get to work.
Speaker 8: And I texted him at three o'clock this morning. Yeah, I woke up and I thought, it's gonna be Cruise's last show. I need to send him something. So I sent him a text, told him I loved him, how awesome he is, and he hit me back about eight minutes later, and I got to thinking he's probably on I seventy one while he's returning my text, I'm in bed.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that was side. It was Chase Scruel. That was a concern for me when I did Mornings. You got to dodge the the you know, bars close it forth. Yeah, so they you know, you get to the parking lots, do some math here and we're about the same time on the road.
Speaker 2: But I've done TV.
Speaker 8: You've done it too, where you had to do TV live shots in the early morning.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 8: And like I always say, I love Holly the producer, Holly Ruprect. She would get in my ear because I'd be five twenty am when I'm doing first Hit or five thirty five or whatever, and then she's watching the screen back in the studio and then drunk people be walking out of some place and Hollywood say in my ear while I'm on the air, I want to talk to Joe Ellie about something she'd say, you got a jackass behind you. I'ming up left shoulder, left shoulder, get ready. And then as soon as somebody would come up to try and disrupt my live shot, I turn around and say, how can I help you? How are you looking for the STD clinic that's right there.
Speaker 1: Well, it turns out that jackass was Dwight Whitten.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, weird.
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're I know what the problem was? Yeah, well I returned, turn up by it.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go, all right, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Alright, So listen, I wanted Tony Cruz to come on here and run down all right.
Speaker 5: See, I told you. I wanted Tony Cruz to come on here and for the last break just kind of run down people.
Speaker 2: Who he hated to work with.
Speaker 4: I heard earlier he refused to do it, but he did.
Speaker 5: He did, slapping this piece of paper a lots of songs.
Speaker 4: I'm on there there, God by the name of Bill Gentry again, talk.
Speaker 8: Talk to Doug Prophet. He still tells the story where he was walking down the hall in the building and he saw Tony Cruz tackle me and wrestle me, and I forgot what we were talking about, but he said, I can beat you. You're told, but I can beat you. And then he grabbed me and threw me down. That to me too, Doug Prophet's like today, they put you right in jail.
Speaker 1: For you put He did that to me too, because he wrestled Westport. All right, so we are at Faster's supply as we say goodbye to Tony Cruz. We're about five minutes away from that, so we got to get him back.
Speaker 2: On real quick.
Speaker 8: He's over there talking real quick.
Speaker 1: Tony Cruz, come on, buddy, real quick.
Speaker 4: Fifty fifty years ago, Kentucky Cardinals win the ABA Championship and ABA player Mike Grosso just walking.
Speaker 1: Wow, Tony Cruz, come and take my head seat because you're gonna do a better goodbye than you did on your own show. That was kind of lame. So here you go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Gets Wait, No, here's the challenge.
Speaker 4: I had to get out of the way somehow work the word.
Speaker 5: Precipitous in there.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you've got seven minutes cruise, seven minutes to fish seven minutes.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll all be quiet unless you want to tell me is near.
Speaker 6: Thank God, I don't have to work with these people anymore.
Speaker 8: Love, but say it out. Wow, I do love you guys. Thank you, he slurping, Go ahead, this is compelling.
Speaker 2: I know he's drinking his top.
Speaker 4: Cheer's your guy asked a question. Cheri's question retirement, And you know we've had conversations. But I got in the studio and I can't tell I told you so many times. I can't wait to get the retirement.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You always crash my dreams by talking about the finances. But here's my question to you, what are you going to miss the most the people don't work with you? I mean, you know, I mean I've missed. I missed Terry after nine miserable years.
Speaker 8: He always says nine miserable, but he loved. We had a ball when you were doing sports and all gosh, I loved it. We would laugh ourselves silly. I was just telling a story about Doug Prophecy and you tackle me in the hallway and he goes, what is happening here? We did a lot of crazy things back then. Ye yeah, but you know, uh, I loved working with you. I love seeing Tony and Dwight. You know, I love working with Joe, I mean there's there's nobody. I mean there's there's It's all been great, all right, We'll be like lou Gary get up and announced that you're dying. But it's still right, my boy.
Speaker 6: Sounds like I'm dying because of allergies. And then I've been up since two o'clock in the morning. This morning, I've been up since one o'clock.
Speaker 5: So take fat. No, we're gonna We're gonna miss it. But I'm so jealous, man.
Speaker 4: And you know, as as your wife Penny takes your picture, who by the way, her sleep number is forty three. I can only I can only guess that she's looking for her loss eyes. I can only I can only imagine that Penny is now looking forward to the golden years of you all sitting around and you going.
Speaker 8: What do he say? Can I borrow the teeth? I'm going to McDonald's like a girl.
Speaker 4: Sel Oh my god, my grossel a b a Kentucky colonel.
Speaker 5: He's too busy hitting.
Speaker 8: On my Joe Ellett. We're just gonna have to do the Louke Garrick thing to just help him here. I have a moment like that, at this moment, still the lucky, luckiest man in the world.
Speaker 2: But I don't like talking about myself or anything. I'm just not like that. No me, I like talking about other people.
Speaker 7: But a great career, I mean all seriousness. You have had just a great run at this radio station and in this town.
Speaker 2: It's been a blast.
Speaker 6: I mean working with some of the funniest people and uh Hard and Warren Heart's with you know, the Crusade and everything else. I just I've enjoyed every bit of it, you know, except the three o'clock in.
Speaker 5: The morning wake up.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, because radio is a tough, tough gig to get into.
Speaker 5: It is tough, man, it's tough. As a child, what did you want to do? What did you want to be?
Speaker 6: I I'll tell you what happened. And I don't know if this is what I wanted to be. But what one thing I remember calling play by play? I had a my my brother, and this guy across the street. We're playing with slock cars, and I called play by play on the slock cars.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding, So I did. I did? No, uh, and then uh. I've always been kind of in the entertainment thing. Westport.
Speaker 6: You know I did musicals and plays and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: That's what I used to tease them about. Okay, well listen, there's.
Speaker 2: No he'd say.
Speaker 8: I'd say, Tony, I only I know that you had one solo and all those shows that you you auditioned for. And he said, okay, I'll do it again. I'm gonna watch that. Man, how would you know that song?
Speaker 5: Terry?
Speaker 4: He explained a lot when he said, you know, I've always been in the musicals, explained a lot for but all jokes aside.
Speaker 5: We're gonna miss you, but I'm envious.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I can't. I can't wait to retire. And I wish you the best of all.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, because truly you are a great guy. Some people put on the side of being a great guy. Tony Cruz is what I will tell you a little of Kentucky, selling Indiana wherever.
Speaker 5: He's the real deal.
Speaker 4: He is, and when he comes off Mike, God love him. He's even one hundred percent more genuine than he is on the air.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be tough for us too.
Speaker 2: Well, we you know I love you guys. I'm always available phone calls. Well, that's gonna charge you seventy five bucks.
Speaker 8: Let's not get carried away, Tony many retired or are you both? She's still working a little bit. See that's the thing is now he's sitting around Dwight. He's gonna get a gambling addiction. Y, that's just absolutely correct. Oh, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I don't do sports.
Speaker 8: The wife's busy, so I had to come over here and see what is in fentanyl.
Speaker 2: Woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me get this real quick and we'll get the last word to you. Bernelds Pizza is a little style pizza. The pizza the constat is back and the pizza that Tony Cruz uses to celebrate his retirement with dine in carry out the delivery Bernal's pizza.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's that good cruise mis Herve love you. I love you too, buddy. We're gonna miss.
Speaker 2: You thanks to all the people that put up with me.
Speaker 4: And I gotta tell you, gotta tell you this much. Often management said they wish had uh five employees just like you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unfortunately we have ten.
Speaker 1: I love you, Tony Cruz, you are the best. And uh, We've had a lot of conversations about the University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky. Yeah, but you you set a standard for nice guy around us, but certainly we needed it. And enjoy your time off, Enjoy your grandkids and and and and there is a support group for Penny, so please have a great time. We love you dearly, Buy love you so much.
Speaker 5: I love you brother, best of luck Man.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: News Radio eight forty w h as Tony signing off for the last time.
Speaker 5: I love you, mo