Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Birdie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the last screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better the Magician.
Speaker 2: Alright, alright, ladies and gentlemen, it is the one and only Balls and Teas podcast that you know. This is the freshest place to be. There is no other like this one. And as for me, you know I am the one and only Tony Tone, the Magician, the ball with a lot of flair.
Speaker 3: I am a classic man.
Speaker 2: For those who have been with us since the Get Go Listen, there's a season two. This is our second episode and it's always begging, as you know.
Speaker 3: But for those two just joined us along the way, let me just tell you.
Speaker 2: Will never ever want to listen to anything again once we're done with this episode, because you'll want more.
Speaker 3: You'll be doing an on care saying Tony told to Tony Tone.
Speaker 2: But ladies and gentlemen, just to give you the flow of the of the program is that the first five minutes, I just want you to find yourself at comfortable spot. If you're driving, please please, and requesting rather go to the nearest garage, part there for an hour and listen to me, because I don't want you to get all excited on the road and start disturbing other drivers nearby.
Speaker 3: Because this show is about.
Speaker 2: Content that's relative, that's relevant to you as an individual who plays golf, who likes camaraderie, who likes networking, and for the best of all, who likes the one and only tone.
Speaker 3: So, ladies and gentlemen, I am going.
Speaker 2: To ask you to get yourself settled, get yourself ice, cold water. Let it be today we're doing ten liters. It's not five litters, although in Pretoria it is a bit nippy. I just want you to cool yourself down because this show is the hardest that you've ever had.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna take a.
Speaker 2: Two minute break, and then when we come back, I will be introducing you to our work guest and.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you just once today's guest, I'm gonna put you in a high She's got a beautiful sound, she's got the energy.
Speaker 3: And she told me of record that she's ready for tonight.
Speaker 2: So I hope you will be as excited as she is when we come back.
Speaker 3: Let's take that two min the break. Thank you.
Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airwaves were Berdiees and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of divens drives and delightful better the Magician.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: As you know, this is the one and only Tony Tone the Magician, and you are tuned in to Balls and Teas, the only social golf podcast that covers every single corner of the world.
Speaker 3: I'm talking international spaces. That's where we at.
Speaker 2: And if you hear of anyone calling themselves Tony, turn the Magician, but it isn't me.
Speaker 3: I tell me I will take.
Speaker 2: Them somewhere somewhere, very very very very crucial but anyway, ladies and gentlemen, I promise you at hot show, I promised you a lot of vibes. I promised you and energetic and energetic guests. So if you can just allow me the owners to introduce the one and only founder and director of Marula Escapes.
Speaker 3: Man, now my singer, miss, my singer, how do you do?
Speaker 4: I'm doing very well? Thank you, my Lang good in talk Gooden opened when as not chess when I startlist and you said that we're global.
Speaker 2: So you know, for a moment I thought you were stattering, but if it was great things you need to teach me.
Speaker 5: I speak Spanish and some German.
Speaker 2: I today I will be your student. So well, Miss Pasinga. I tried to introduce you in the best possible men, and that I could from my side, but I believe that it would only be fair to give you the opportunity to reintroduce yourself properly. Tell our audience who exactly is now my singer and who's my Rula Luxury Escapes.
Speaker 3: And for the most we.
Speaker 2: Should we should talk about golf because there's a golf podcast. So I just want to understand your journey into this space and how did you find yourself being in love with the spot, So let me pass the mind to you and then you can just let the audience know exactly who you are, all right.
Speaker 4: So now my singer, I am the founder and director of Marula Escapes. We curate travel around the world, so it literally comes down to my clients dream it and wave a magic wand and.
Speaker 5: Make it happen.
Speaker 4: So it's quite an exciting journey because each travel experience that we'll put together is as unique to the client as their fingerprints, so no two trips are ever.
Speaker 5: Really the same.
Speaker 4: You know, we we we travel for for various reasons, and for me, it was important with the brand to be able to have travel return its investment for each individual and hence why we curate travels. So we don't We don't have predesigned packages except except if we're if we're doing like a golf tour or something like that that's.
Speaker 5: Pre planned that I joined.
Speaker 4: But as a general we design every experience from zero for each client based on their needs, their necessarity, their necessities, their interests.
Speaker 5: Et cetera. So that's us in a nutshell, I think.
Speaker 3: Pretty much. Trying to sum it up.
Speaker 4: And how I got into golf, guys, Nay, you see now mm hmm.
Speaker 5: But when.
Speaker 4: This golf thing, right it all the journey started around COVID. I think it was the around the first moments when we're allowed out of our houses and we're actually allowed to get some from some fresh air. So I a client, my husband's client for some odd reason, Lord only knows why gave us clubs. I think we had gone to the driving range because one of our friends is like, oh, you should come and try this thing called golf. And honestly I hated it at first.
Speaker 3: I like your honesty because a lot of people would say no, I lost it from.
Speaker 2: The for you to tell me the truth that now I didn't like this because I liked me.
Speaker 5: No sense to me.
Speaker 4: I was just like, why on earth people out and spend hours on the course a stick and and trying to hit this tiny ball and chasing it around.
Speaker 5: For hours on end. Like I'm just like, please.
Speaker 4: Somebody make it make sense, right, because I like my whole my whole life, I've been into sports. I've been either an athlete where I was doing nitball or you know, something biggerous, and I'm like, but guys like like golf. I'm just you know, it wasn't making sense. Let me be honest, I'm just like, I ain't even breaking a sweat, you know, I love how can they called us a sport when I am not sweating? Like, I wasn't understanding it. It's also very super frustrating when you're just starting because to to get that connection right with the ball, especially I'm a very competitive person. So yeah, so it was, yeah, it was just not working out well.
Speaker 5: But anyway, so we went, we went.
Speaker 4: To the driving range and now we're trying to, you know, understand this, this world of golf. We went a couple of times and then my husband's client was like, oh, I've got clubs at home that are just occupying space.
Speaker 5: You guys should have them.
Speaker 4: So we were given a set of clubs, very nice by the way, as I later learned. But but that's how we got into golf. And but now, what really propelled me as as as a woman, to get into it was realizing I'm just like Marie, you know, guy goes out the entire day. My whole Sunday, I'm left alone, and I'm like, this is not cool. Now, it was really selfish. I'm not even gonna lie. It was very selfish because I'm like, hip, this person tells me he's gonna play golf, and he lives in the morning, right, and now he comes back in the evening like after dinner. I'm like to how long does the sport takes? It taking the whole day?
Speaker 5: So then I was like, no, I need to.
Speaker 4: Kind of learn and understand this, And that's how I got in it. It was just like what I mean, my husband works very long hours, and I'm like, but now the weekends that were supposed to be spending together, you're out on the gold.
Speaker 5: Of course it needs the entire day.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, okay, so if this is what it is, and I'm going to learn these things.
Speaker 2: Behind yeah, And I mean, just to just to put this out bit, like you said, how long does it take to take you to play a round of golf?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean a round of golf in true honesty, is supposed to take you four or five hours max.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, But now the.
Speaker 4: Problem if you're sitting at home and you're waiting for somebody, it's a problem. The problem is the nineteenth hole.
Speaker 5: You see, that nineteenth hole is where it was beginning.
Speaker 4: Now we will get there and now it's a good time and they're catching up and they're talking about all these stats, and the drinks are flow and the tournaments are another problem because yeah, then these drinks all over the place. But the main issue is the main issue is that nineteenth hole, because then people get there and and I mean it's great.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm in it now, so I understand it.
Speaker 4: It's great for the networking where you get to chat and whatnot and you meet all these different people you know, and then you're sharing you have a common interest, which is a sport, and all the frustrations that come with it. And now all of a sudden, what was supposed to be four or five hours is ten hours.
Speaker 3: I'm like, so, yeah, how did we get it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And so I needed to understand.
Speaker 4: Because the excuse is no, you know, love we did.
Speaker 5: I did a round of golf. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: And then he tell me all these things that I don't understand, you know, all these golf terminologies, and I was just like, okay, I feel like a blonde right now because.
Speaker 5: This is just not making sense.
Speaker 4: And then I'm like, okay, but you tell me that this round takes four to five hours, but I feel like you've spent the entire day.
Speaker 5: So when did the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: What happened to the expo six hours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just like, what happened to the rest of the hours? But so that's how that's how I got into golf.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: But that's that's a lovely introduction to the spot. And you know, I always preach something to say as as golfers understanding and knowing how long it actually takes for one to be on the golf course. I always say, bring your closest people to the golf course so that you can spend more time and that they understand because there's no better teacher than experience. Or for you to actually say I'm gonna do this because I want to understand what's really happening there, and for you to be hoop up till now, then I'm happy because at least you took a decision. A lot of people, like like you said, from the initial you were not really interested.
Speaker 3: You were like, this is lame, this is not for me.
Speaker 2: But once you got to understand the space or should I say the environment and the comraderick around the spot, I think that's when the park actually hits you and you've just been sick from them.
Speaker 5: My guy, the bag took over, Like.
Speaker 4: I went from this sport doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: This is lame. I hate it too.
Speaker 4: I'm playing more golf than my husband and now I'm super competitive and I'm just like, basically, yes, you might be mister master Man because he's in fitness, so he's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, got all beguns.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, now I've been told that it's not about how big your muscles are.
Speaker 5: It's about letting this club do what it does best.
Speaker 4: So all right, So I was like, I'm gonna make sure i'll drive this guy.
Speaker 5: Nature comes out.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I'm gonna go to the driving range and I'm gonna, you know, learn my swing so that i can drive properly. Because as a woman, to be honest, on the golf course, the most frustrating thing, and I'll get to the second part of my statement just now, the most frustrating thing is that when you get on the course as a woman, immediately, and I've seen this multiple times, immediately the guys are like, oh my god, she's gonna slow down the course, and I'm like, my god, you know nothing about make an.
Speaker 3: An assumption.
Speaker 5: Because as soon as.
Speaker 4: Like me and my girls get on the course, the guys.
Speaker 5: Like, guys, can we can we go through?
Speaker 4: I'm like my guy, first of all, if you can outdrive me, then maybe we can talk about it.
Speaker 5: But then.
Speaker 2: Just just off record, miss my singer. You know you're talking about a long shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, uh.
Speaker 2: And then your husband will will have to forgive me for asking this question. Have you are driven him?
Speaker 5: I have?
Speaker 3: And how do you take it? How do you take now?
Speaker 6: Then he went to then he went to the gym and went to practice and night, and now he has driven me slightly more, but.
Speaker 3: At least you're keeping him on.
Speaker 4: So I was the first to break two hundred in the house.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, right, mm hmm.
Speaker 5: And this pissed him off.
Speaker 3: He was not happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was struggling for some odd reason to break two hundred and then here I was consistently breaking it.
Speaker 5: And then so then he went and fixed the situation.
Speaker 4: So last weekend when we played he hit two sixty, I was like, oh, okay, I think my longest drive is like to.
Speaker 5: To forty. So I'm like, okay, it's twenty meters.
Speaker 4: I'm long.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you one week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no, no, you know know, if anything in golf, lets let men be men. You know, we'll always try to exercise our masculinity around the gold course, especially on the tea box.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: But as I said, because of the immediate underestimation, if I can call it like that that I receive as a woman on the golf course, mm hm, I make sure that I'm going to drive you, you know, just just to just so the demands sit down and just.
Speaker 3: Just to brew someone's ego.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, because I'm just like, you can't just come.
Speaker 5: And assume yeah yeah, I'm like, hy no, no, let's let's do this then. Okay, so that's my thing.
Speaker 4: But as I said, I am super competitive.
Speaker 3: So mhmm, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I always say as a competitive individual, it should actually flow into positive aspects of your life. And speaking of which, I mean, you're an entrepreneur, you run your own business. Now, I just want to find out from your end with regards to this spot that you loved so much, how then do you integrate it into your everyday life when it comes to business.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna answer that question in two parts because remember earlier I said there were two parts with my journey with me, right, So one was I need to beat my husband and our drive.
Speaker 3: Him and I hope he's not listening it, no, but.
Speaker 5: He knows it very well. I'm very I'm a very honest persons. I told him it's not.
Speaker 4: But then the second part of it that I going back to the issue of as a woman going onto the golf course, there is these assumptions that I made, and and and and unfortunately there's a lot of bullying that happens when you're a woman on the course, as I said, because people automatically assume you're the one slowing down the course, and yet that's not necessarily the case.
Speaker 5: And and and it.
Speaker 4: Gets frustrating, especially as a beginner, because those who are more experienced do tend I'll use bully, but I mean, I think there's a lighter word, but English is depleted right now. So so because I wanted to get more women into the sport, but but for them not to have to go through what I went through. A friend of mine, and I started a Ladies club specifically for beginners to you know, get them used to let educate the rules, you know, get them onto the course without all the intimidation factors because there's powering numbers. So I'm like, well, you can bully one four ball, but you can't bully us if we're five four balls, because you can get through me, but then you have to get through fourmals. So we started a club that went from just us to like one hundred and fifty in joe Burg in like Tea, which is amazing speak.
Speaker 5: Right, especially.
Speaker 4: Especially for such a short time frame. But but it showed us that there's a need for something like this where you know, people are being introduced to to the sport in a in a safe environment. And because us ladies, the way we golf is very different from guys. But the ladies is about the outfits. As I learned, they want to look cute. They yeah, they're like, okay, but what's the color fee? And I'm just I'm not that person.
Speaker 5: So I was like, oh my goodness, this is this other world that I'm.
Speaker 3: Not used to.
Speaker 4: And then it must have little stops and photo moments, but I'm just like, Okay, this is ladies and this is what they love and if this is what it's going to take to get them on the course, then final let them wear they cute outfits. So then we had I had to adapt. I'm like, okay, right, how now this translated into the business is stemming off of running, you know, and and being active in this ladies group for like two years.
Speaker 5: I was like, but what I do is travel.
Speaker 4: And if there's one thing that Gold does very well is because as a golfer, you're always wanting to experience new golf courses to challenge yourself. Right, Golfers often travel, right, You're always moving somewhere to go and see something, and we always want those and those beautiful places, And to be honest, golf courses are generally in some of the most beautiful places well, right, So it ties in very well with what I do anyway, because I love beautiful places. So I was like, these two things actually make sense.
Speaker 3: For me together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a perfect synergy.
Speaker 4: So this year was when I was like, you know what, I should actually incorporate golf and golf tours into my business, seeing that I have access to this market right now, with these one hundred and fifty ladies. This is my opportunity to now show case is what I can do for them in this specific market, which is the golfers. And yeah, and then that's what it did. And then we went off to Mauritius.
Speaker 5: Done. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I didn't know you love golf that much.
Speaker 5: I mean, as I.
Speaker 4: Said, I love beautiful places.
Speaker 3: So the two just.
Speaker 4: Max if there are a couple of things that I love is beautiful places, incredible food, and it tings me to all these, to all of the above, like I'm just like golf, and Mauritius was breathtaking those courses. The scenery thing is just mind blowing. And then stepping off of that, I get it now. Words spread around this golf community. People talk, and now next year we're going off to Thailand because people are like, hey, we're here now, so let's go.
Speaker 3: I want to be in your luggage back.
Speaker 5: You should come along. Yeah. So that's how the two have married.
Speaker 3: Mhmm.
Speaker 2: And I like, you know, you've just put something into perspective to say, listen, you like beautiful places, you like great food, and you love gods. So golf has somehow become a mending world between the beautiful experience from a culinary paint of view as well as the hospitality side of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just it kind of became a very natural extension of what it is that I already do. I mean, my clients know me to curate all these beautiful experiences, and now I can add golf to that and not and not from a theoretical aspect, but from a very practical aspect where I'm an actual golfer, So I will consider things that you won't really learn from my textwork. I mean, it's just like with what I do with regards to travel.
Speaker 5: I've lived abroad for.
Speaker 4: Over twelve years and I've traveled extensively, So when I put together in that ginery, it's not based on theoretics. It's based on what would I do if I was in your shoes and I was doing this trip because I've extensively traveled. So yeah, it's very practical kind of inputs that that I provide.
Speaker 3: Awesome stuff now just to find out something.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, like you mentioned, you deal with a lot of different people obviously with different needs, and you try to curate the trips specifically for each one.
Speaker 3: Of them. Now, Obviously.
Speaker 2: People like certain experiences and what works for me you wouldn't work for the next person. So I just find out from your side, what would you say has been like the most outrageous request a client of yours has made with regards to a.
Speaker 3: Place that has.
Speaker 2: Beautiful landscapes, beautiful experiences as well as good golf.
Speaker 4: Like I get a lot of crazy stuff, you know, as as golfers, right, what averyods in in these few years that I've been playing. Yeah, golfers love to learn from the pros now because I'm pretty good at waving a wand and making things happen. You'll find that a person will be like, hey, now you know, I saw this guy on TV. He lives in this country and I'd love to meet him. I'm like, but my god, I feel like I know everybody.
Speaker 3: Just like.
Speaker 4: And make it like I would love to have a golf game with like a pro golfer, And I'm like.
Speaker 5: You, I'm just like, I'm like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'm pretty sure I can pull it out of a hat, perhaps, but wow, it's gonna take a whole lot of zeros for me to do.
Speaker 3: Like you have to make mountains move.
Speaker 4: For the proper, because I'm just like, where do I even begin. Yeah, people really don't want to meet the proofs, like the like the big boys that we watch on TV. So I'm like, if anybody is out there listening, they should give me a call.
Speaker 3: So okay, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean I mean with that being said, obviously you would get reviews and feedback from your clients, and based on that, you'd also be able to have confidence when making or meeting other requests in future.
Speaker 3: So I just want to find out you.
Speaker 2: Play golf, your clients play golf, and you've played golf in South Africa, like you mentioned, You've just recently played in Mauritius. Now, I just want to get an idea from you to say, amongst other golf courses that you've played it, whether alone, whether with your clients, whether with your friends and family, which of the golf courses or yeah, which of the golf courses which you think are underrated or they're not getting the shine that they actually deserve according to you and your experience around that golf course.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I would I would say I'm going to keep it local, right because South Africa is We've got.
Speaker 5: A very.
Speaker 4: Extensive list of courses around the country. I feel like, you know, when when golfers want to go around, the general inclination is to either do like a Safari course, like now you're going to do the Langa side. Definitely, the the Western Cape in all its beauty and splendor, right, those are those, those are all the very well known ones.
Speaker 5: Right. However, the Wild Coast, I feel like is very underrated.
Speaker 4: There's beautiful courses there, and it's just a region that is overlooked in general. It's just generally, irrespective of whether this has to do with golf or whatever, I just I just feel like that area of our country is is quite quite overlooked, and and and it and and and yet they have incredible places there, you know, in the Eastern Cape. So for me that that would be definitely one I haven't. I haven't played in the case that n I don't even to be honest, I'm not even aware they have a golf course.
Speaker 5: I think I'm being brutally honest.
Speaker 3: Wow, I do a number of things, and the.
Speaker 5: Kids that end golfer is not one.
Speaker 4: So perhaps the next time I go there, I'll find a golf course.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: I haven't actually golfed in the case that end, so for me, I don't have a reference point there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean if you're talking the Wild Coast, if you were to go to cast and the Wild Coast Wild Coasts on golf cost it's quite a golf course and a lot of professional tournaments have taken place there. There's same year I haven't played them. Yeah, but it's a nice environment. The weather they is always accommodating to golf golferst because it's never really too hot.
Speaker 3: It's just always.
Speaker 2: Humid and there's there's always a bridge, so maybe try it, try it next time. But when you're talking Western Cape, it's a difficult environment to play, but the courses are beautiful.
Speaker 3: There's just a lot of wind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's just Cape Town in general. I mean it's just moody, like you just never know where you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Now, now, let's let's talk about.
Speaker 2: Business and golf, right, I mean, you you are in that space on a daily base, and your clients are I would presume that some of them would travel for business rather than leisure as well, and obviously with the intent of securing other business opportunities. Now from your from your own perspective, if you were to look at what God can actually do for people in the business space, how would you explain it or how would you advocate for more entrepreneurs or self employee people to actually get into the space.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm again going to be brutally honest, right, you know, I've heard it said so many times that both is a great place to network, right Yeah, But I must say that in the female environment that I was in, I didn't really see much of that in terms of the networking turning into business. However, I must say mm hmm that once or as I play with my male counterparts, there's definitely a lot more networking and I can see and understand.
Speaker 5: And then when I when I went through to.
Speaker 4: The golf tournament last Friday where I was now I'm hosting a hole, I then saw in and in true capacity, the truth of what the power of the sport can do in terms of getting you out there, getting you in front of the right people, getting you the business opportunities. It it's it's it's quite a powerful tool, especially if you I mean it's it's it's good to be manning a hole, but if you actually on stand the sport. It gives you that much more leverage because as I'm talking to the golfers, I can talk and relate. Like you know, when a golfers like when I ask you, oh, how are you doing, how's the golf going, and you're like, oh, my gosh, I'm like, oh, golf is golfing. It's because I understand that one moment, Yeah, I understand that one moment you've hit your best shot, and then the second shot was like.
Speaker 5: Nah, dog, what are you doing? You know what I mean? And how frustrating that is? Where you're like, what happened?
Speaker 3: So when when a golfers.
Speaker 4: Says that to me, I can relate, and I feel like relativity. If you can relate to somebody and understand them, you're able to build that rapport much better because you are understanding truly where it is that they're coming from. So and and then the other aspect that I find it important. And I was explaining this to my friend the other day and I'm like, you know what, since I started playing golf, I've understood why a lot of your senior executives and these these you know, these big deals I could they always say big deals happen on the golf course. I understood why once I played golf, because I'm like, the sport requires understand integrity when it comes, for example, to the scoring, because it literally there's no ref right, So it's a good it's a good space to be there, and starts out a person regarding their level of integrity, like are you going to be here lying to me?
Speaker 5: And then you want to sign a deal with me?
Speaker 4: Because now I've seen you lie on your scorecards, so now putting into question your level of integrity and can I trust you? So when I saw this and I learned this about golf, I'm like, oh, oh, this is why these guys come to the golf to suss out there, to suss you out before the signs a big deal.
Speaker 2: I mean, a lot of people would say that whatever you do in the world, do not mess with people's money. And I think that's the reason people would actually go onto the golf course just to see your character, to see, okay, is this person worthy enough for me to actually conduct business with? And uh, just to see what happens to you under pressure as well, because remember you get those good shots, those bad shots, and then your reaction will determine a lot about you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, are you gonna be there, You're gonna be breaking your clubs and you know, having a whole hissy fits or are you gonna Are you gonna breathe and shake it off and carry on and try and fix it and correct it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a girl.
Speaker 4: Okay again, there's I will not There are differences, right because I've seen it when I play with my husband, when I get a bad shot, I will literally scream it out like I'm just like, can I just get out of my system right? Not because I Am trying to be an emotional being or whatever, but I'd rather just get it out right, whereas men, y'all internally everything yep. Yeah, And this is why you guys get strokes because you're not letting it out. I mean, the nineteenth hole is there for bet no. And now that's why you spend five hours at the nineteenth. We're reflecting on all of those things.
Speaker 5: That you should have already let out.
Speaker 4: So for me, when something bad happens, I will I will allow myself to feel that emotion in that moment. But it doesn't mean it doesn't mean I picture a tent and stay in that emotion, I'm just like, okay, I acknowledge then I'm feeling frustrated right now. Then I have to shake it off and hear my head and go sp whatever's in my cart and carry on the next one. So it's quite correct that you say, because it's a good sport to assess how people will take how people deal with things going wrong, things going right.
Speaker 5: You know, all those.
Speaker 4: Things about your character literally come out on the golf course.
Speaker 2: Awesome, not a problem, miss my singer. Let's go for a quick two to five minute break. Fill up those cold glasses of water. We've been talking and I'm really enjoying this conversation. I told you that time flights when chatting to Tony tone because we have been beautiful conversations about something that we both laugh in common. So if we can just if we can just go for a two minute break, and then when we get back, we'll get more into detail as to what happens or what drove you to actually get into entrepreneurship. And then hopefully it is a story that can relate to a lot of people who are listening, and you can give them some inputs or advice from your own experiences to say, how do you then navigate the space of entrepreneurship?
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: So, ladies and gentlemen, as we go on that five minute break, please please please take note of one of the most auspicious occasions that's coming up on the nineteen November at Eye of Africa. This is the Africa Summit Investments. God there, you don't want to miss this one. Trust you in me. Nineteenth of November, I of Africa. That's right, Ja and houting, and that's the Africa Summit Investment. This is where big players will be. This is where you can actually what can I say, maximize on networking opportunities. So to get more information regarding that, God, they please do contact non Puomelelo on zero seven nine one four six four three two two. It's non Puomelelo on zero seven nine one four six four three two two. Alternatively, you can contact sipot on zero six zero seven three five eight seven sixty six zero six zero seven three five eight seven sixty six. So, ladies and gentlemen, let's go for our five million break and then when we come back we will definitely engage more with Miss Massinger who has been a fantastic spot, and I love the passion she has for the spot is just that sure, she's very, very competitive, and.
Speaker 3: I don't think I want to find myself leaping with her. Of course she'll probably outdrive me, but in spite of those experiences.
Speaker 7: Invisible Ink Consulting your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top not accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including but not limited to, engineering, medical practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, events, management, attorneys, and financial services. Experience the power of our best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients in a high level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your findinancial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial future, your success outmiority. Please visit us at www. Dot invisiblelink dot co, dot Sea, Torichus, Www dot invisiblelink, dot co dot s.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves where Murdie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green, the balls and ts your passport to the golfing universe where every swing tells the story and every part has its potchline. Get ready to step onto the last greens and dive into the world of divids, drives and delightful better the Magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, you are still tuned into the hardest podcast there is in the entire world. And then this is Bows and Tease, and you are hosted by the one only Tony Tone the Magician. The boat with a lot of players, the only classic Manday is on all podcasts. Ladies and gentlemen, I am still joined here by miss Massinger, and guys, I'm having the time of my life. This conversation is eye opening to say, you know, for as much as we are out there on the golf courses, we believe that we are all macho, and we start intimidating and asking people to pass people. People go back and reflect and they'll be like, now, its these guys. They want to sop holes here because they think they can drive further than us. So Miss Massinger has actually brought there to light to say no, no, no, please do not judge a book by its cover. So we thought wasting any further time, let me welcome my gayest back up by miss Massinger. I hope you are heavy as much fun as I am today.
Speaker 5: I really am.
Speaker 4: This has been an extremely interesting conversation.
Speaker 5: To me.
Speaker 3: That I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: And yeah, now we're going to get into some of the most difficult questions that I believe I've got in mind for you. But before we actually get into that, I mean I always put my guests on the sport to say, man, we all have momish moments on the golf course.
Speaker 3: Now I would like to.
Speaker 2: I would like to get an understanding of what momish moments have you experienced since you started playing?
Speaker 5: You know, you know.
Speaker 4: I remember playing those course right observatory now we've nicknamed it observed of a tree because that that thing is tree lined and if you're shot, if you have a slight fade or anything, when you're you're teeing or for doing anything, you are finding a tree so.
Speaker 5: Straight, dead straight. I remember there was there's a time I went.
Speaker 4: Because I like to go there just to try and make sure I'm hitting this. You know, I'm straight as an arrow.
Speaker 5: And there's a time I went there and I tee.
Speaker 4: It off and my ball observed a tree and it came right back to me.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Literally hit a brand.
Speaker 4: I don't even know where and it came right back to me.
Speaker 5: Is like you have.
Speaker 3: Oh that's bad. I mean, like.
Speaker 4: How what what must happen there? Like, what must you have to happen?
Speaker 3: You basically dropped the shot, I mean like.
Speaker 5: Truly, just like this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: No, I was like, this is this is this is insanity.
Speaker 2: But but but I believe after that experience, you then realize, you know what we Without all these kind of experiences, you will never really enjoy golf. Because I'm of the view that with mistakes or with such experiences, you learn and then you work on something to improve afterwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's always there's always something to improve. And then the beauty or the frustration. I don't know, you're gonna take it run way there depends on how you the beauty and frustration will golf all at the same time, altogether all at once. Is when when you fix let's say, for example, your long game you try shots, then your short game decides I quit, and you're like mara.
Speaker 5: Wai, you know, or what's going?
Speaker 4: And then you fix maybe you're like, okay, let me get my chipping game on point. You fix that, and then your putty is like, nah, dog, I'm good with you, Like why, like.
Speaker 3: You know, you know. It goes back to saying the left doesn't know what the right is doing?
Speaker 4: Basically, no, Like there's very few times when everything is just working harmoniously and it's just you know, the symbiotic relationship that's just working. There's just just something you go there, and then there's something that is just not wanting to come to the party. Like so many times, going back to your question, there's so many times, like as I told you earlier, I can drive right. I'm driving two forty, and then there are times I get onto the course and this bow goes no way, like literally it lands in front of me, and I'm like, what kind of business?
Speaker 3: What just happened?
Speaker 5: Like what is this?
Speaker 4: And then I'll think a would and then and then I'll flap that thing and it will go and I'm like, matter, this is what my driver was supposed to do.
Speaker 5: Now just lost a shot.
Speaker 3: And you know, you know, I like.
Speaker 2: Your your reflection on that because it actually builds up to what I was just about to ask you to say.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, you took a leap.
Speaker 2: Of faith, if I, if I if my assumption is right to say I'm going to start a business, and in business, as you know, things will happen as they happen, especially in the beginning, to say, Okay, one day you strike a good deal and then the next day things go Soutlen Yeah, yeah, So it takes a lot of courage for someone to actually decide to say, listen, I'm going to invest, whether it's financial resources, my time, and I'm going to build.
Speaker 3: This business from the ground.
Speaker 2: Now, I would just like to get an understanding from you from a mental point of view. As a golfer, someone who's always been competitive, like you said, you've played a lot of sports, getting into a business sphere and studying something from scratch, how then do you relate the mental strength because I would presume studying a business is mentally draining because you have to figure everything out as the entrepreneur, as the owner of the business. So the same thing would apply to golf, to say, golf then becomes your business from the first t shot all.
Speaker 3: The way to the last part.
Speaker 2: Now, I just want to get your your your relation between the two to say, how how does one actually fit into the to the other, or how do you get inspiration from one to the other.
Speaker 4: So indeed, there's it takes a lot of courage or craziness, I don't know, or all of the.
Speaker 5: About to.
Speaker 4: Proceed with caution, right, yeah, you know because always from the from the outside, it looks so easy, just like with the sport of golf. From from the outside, from a person who's not actually ever touched the club, this doesn't look very complicated like us.
Speaker 5: Just like, but this sport looks super easy.
Speaker 4: Like what's so complicated about the situation?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: It looks easy enough.
Speaker 4: It's just like when you're watching or when you're viewing from the outside somebody running a business and things are going You're like, am I rely, I can do this?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? I have a dreaming it's easy enough. I can do this.
Speaker 4: And then you get into it and you experience the complexities of it, and then and and that's when you start wondering about how the how on earth are these people able to do this and sustain it, and keep saying and now, then why there's so many watering holes on a golf course, because wow, even in business, I'm just like, I've got a number of wine supplies and I'm forever calling I'm like my girl, listen.
Speaker 3: Like help out.
Speaker 5: You gotta send me a box. Because while right.
Speaker 4: I'm not condoning alcoholism, I'm just saying that a glass of wine gets me through the day. But what I appreciate with the lessons that you get on the course is one you might have a shot and it might not result in what you had envisioned it. You know, you get a shot and in your head, you know what the results is supposed to be, but things don't always happen that way, right, And then when you get to the next shot, now I have to clear your head and you have to be like, Okay, I mess that up, what happened, analyze, quickly, shake it off and get your next shot. Because if you're going to carry the mistake of what happened in your previous shot into your next you're gonna mess it up. And that applies to business so many times you make a decision, or you have something that you want to do, you have a project or an idea that you want to try out of implementing business, and it might fall flood on its face, it might not come out quite as you had envisioned. Right, But if you're gonna now carry that, I mean, you have to definitely carry the lessons. But if you're gonna carry that feeling of disappointment versus, Okay, this happened, I accept it, I take the lessons, I shake it off, and I move on, you're not gonna get anyway because then if you're gonna carry the mistakes with you and that feeling of oh my gosh, that's so messed up, and now I'm angry and now I'm feeling what, you're gonna mess up your own day. And that happens as well with business. If you're gonna carry all those emotions with you versus taking the lessons with you and shaking off the rest of the emotions, you're gonna mess up the growth potential of your business. Yes, you try something, it doesn't work, Okay, cook, that didn't work too bad? I lost money, I did whatever. When you lost time, you lost. Whatever, Great, take the lesson from that move on, same appliance with you tried something, it didn't work. Maybe you try to hit a shot with some iron, like like, now have this problem I feel I keep saying, maybe that's this African Muscile situation where I'm like, I knew I should have taken the shorter iron because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you went far over.
Speaker 3: I've just I'm just.
Speaker 5: Like, Okay, let's not do that next time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Take the lesson, make you into the next and the next shot or the next opportunity for referring back to business.
Speaker 3: All right, no, awesome.
Speaker 2: I really like how you've actually explained the correlation between the two because my next question was going to be about the time. I mean, during COVID times, for instance, the travel industry was heat hard and extremely hard.
Speaker 4: It came to a standstill. There's a difference.
Speaker 2: It died, let's say, and then it needed to be resurrected. Right, Yeah, So I mean for someone who's in that space, I mean it's I think for me, your resilience is an individual And now, like you've just explained to say, listen, regardless of how bad things are, always look forward to the next move. How did you how did you actually manage to position your mind and say this is where we are at the moment, but going forward, this is how things are going to work. I mean, it's very difficult at the time because obviously your income is then depleting because there's still other business expenses that you need to upkeep. So I just want to get an idea of how how did you manage that entire situation to a point where your business didn't just survive, I mean it flourished afterwards.
Speaker 5: Here's what's interesting.
Speaker 4: Great, So I came back to South Africa ten years ago to start this dream of mine that I had, and the business plan that i'd written when I was in Europe versus the business environment that I found was in South Africa were two completely different things. I realized very quickly when I landed here. Firstly, this is back in twenty fifteen, that I had to adjust my business plan because the South African market was not ready for what.
Speaker 5: Wasn't my business plan.
Speaker 4: Okay, just simply because I was in Europe and I had based my business plan on what I had seen from being in Europe, so the perspective was skewed so then I had to. Then I decided, okay, let me let me go into the industry here and work so I can understand it from the inside and then adjust my business plan according me so that the South African market could understand it.
Speaker 5: So that's where I started. That's back in twenty fifteen. But I did that.
Speaker 4: I did my business part time at that point because I was just trying to kind of wrap my head around what's going on, and also to build and started network.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna go into business.
Speaker 4: You need a solid network, and I needed to establish that because I had never actually worked in South Africa.
Speaker 5: Then I went then COVID hit.
Speaker 4: And then that was the crazy moment that I decided to go into my business full time.
Speaker 2: So when people are panicking, you decided, no, I'm going here.
Speaker 5: Well, I wouldn't say I decided. It was Jesus decided, truly, because.
Speaker 4: Because for for a while before then, I was like, you know, I was praying about it, and I'm just like, Lord, I didn't come all the way to South Africa to be working because I'm like, the salary here versus what I was getting in Spain. I'd rather just go back to Spain. I didn't come here to come and be an employee. As I said, I'm I'm a competitive person, and I was like, I don't want to climb the ladder, I want.
Speaker 5: To own it. So I was like, I didn't time me over for this, so we can just rather go back.
Speaker 4: So anyway, COVID hit twenty twenty and then October twenty twenty was still very much in prison in our houses. That's when I went into my business full time. And because I had kind of observed the industry, what I did that kind of helped propel the business and differentiated at.
Speaker 5: That point to where we are now.
Speaker 4: Is I saw a gap and an opportunity to have people travel virtually, not on pre recorded sessions, but I arranged travel experiences where people would log in on Zoom and my guide in the destination would take us for a live guided tour on zoom right where you could ask the questions as if you were standing there in front of him, and he'd walk around and show you so you could ask, oh, my gosh, cauld you go back to that, what is that?
Speaker 5: And explain. So it was very much of me showing people.
Speaker 4: Virtually, but as close as I could get it to say this is what it would be like if you actually visited this destination, and then it grew from there to my taste experiences, which you're colleague heard about, where I then bring the destination locally here in South Africa to plant the seed regarding travel. And that has been a further differentiation in my organization which I have trademarked to say, Okay, I'm going to take destination marketing or travel marketing offline because now it's frustrated with the fact that as an agent or a tour operator in the sphere, all I have at my veil to try and let a client know about a destination is a video or a photograph, and I'm like, that doesn't really depict or communicate in any way the true essence or at least an idea of what it is that it would be like to travel. So I was like, okay, how do I take this offline to give somebody an actual tangible experience as to what it truly would be like to go somewhere out.
Speaker 5: Of you know.
Speaker 4: I mean it started off with me doing a night in Paris, right, and I had I had a French model. She did the French the Paris Fashion Show and what like the catwalk model and she has a brand here did broad French cuisine brought all the French community in here to come and explain to the potential travelers as to what it is like. And then I had to travel there and then I had my guide in Paris take us around for a live walking to the streets of Paris. So things like that have truly helped differentiate myself from from other operators in a very unique way. But it's also helped to propel and expand the brand to what it is now where I saw a gap and opportunity. But it was also based on a lot of work that we do in this digital age. Is is based on digital that on digital communication with this email or WhatsApp or whatever. And I was like, guys, I didn't I didn't get into travel to talk on the phone. I want to meet people and a social person.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's all about the experience. It's about the that.
Speaker 3: The scent.
Speaker 5: Bring all those elements.
Speaker 4: I mean when you talk about scent, like for example, my last experience that I did brought North Africa to how.
Speaker 3: They and I literally the.
Speaker 4: Scent I am I found a supplier who imports pure Egyptian perfume oils into South Africa. So everybody anticipated walked away with the scent of North Africa.
Speaker 5: Everybody got a perfume, you know. So it's all those little touches.
Speaker 4: Where I was like, I'm letting my creativity flow and thinking outside the box.
Speaker 5: Help break the box.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be boxed in and leave people with an experience. People remember experiences. If you are able to touch somebody's emotion, they will remember you. And also I was like, people buy it from people they like, So, how are you gonna like me if all you're doing is talking to me and what I'm like, Nah, you gotta meet me, you gotta see me and that crazy personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really like that, but I just want to find out.
Speaker 3: I mean, you deal with a lot of international science.
Speaker 2: I mean, if there's anything where the people in South Africa contact you to say listen, I'm out like you to curate a trip for me to Mexico or to Spain, for instance. People will always have misconceptions or they will always have their own ideas of what they've perhaps read about or what they have seen on TV. Now, how do you then manage that to say, listen, yes, I understand this is the information you might have received or that you might have been exposed to when it comes to this particular area or this particular location. But in essence that's not the true reflection of what is happening there, because I would believe that people's perceptions actually shape the anticipation of experience to say, okay, now, and I'm going to get there, this is what I'm going to see, and then some form of reluctancy would also develop to certain things or how do you engage them on such things.
Speaker 4: So a lot of times when I am starting to build a rapport with my clients, I will I will let them know a lot about my life in terms of my travel experience. That way, it kind of builds an understanding that when I'm advising you, as I previously said, it's not based on theoretics or you know, it's based on I'm a traveler first and I just happen to get paid to what I love.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It literally comes down to that because for me, everywhere I go, and whether it's locally or internationally, I literally walk around with my eyes while I open there's so many things.
Speaker 5: That I'm aware of.
Speaker 4: For example, in holding where we're sitting that unfortunately not even the holding Tourism associational, because I spoke to them about a coming event and they knew nothing about this place or my previous place that I hosted an event. So it just comes down to a level of true interest. And for me, travel is a love and a passion, so I'm forever doing research and finding out what's the truth and what's this, And more often.
Speaker 5: Than not, I'll go and try.
Speaker 4: I mean, the world is big and there's a lot to see, and as an avid traveler, as soon as I take one place off, I've added five more. So it never gets finished, but I try. So my saying is if I might not have been there, but it's on my list, I get there at some point. But so what I do share with my clients is that, look, the advice that I'm giving you is coming from a traveler first, because let's be honest, you will most likely take make trouble advice from your friend who has traveled a certain destination over a travel agent.
Speaker 5: Right you.
Speaker 4: Right, your friend will say, oh, I've been to Bali and it was so nice, and I was ah. And then based across there, yes, based on that feedback, then you'll go to the travel agent and be like, oh my god, I have a friend went and it was awesome and I want to have the same experience. At that point, I don't really have input, right, You've made your decision and as time, and I never argue with that. However, what I've seen with my experience is as I talked to clients and I asked them, Okay, you've picked this destination. Why, Okay, you're this kind of a person you like onety three four five? Are you aware that perhaps you won't get.
Speaker 5: Much of that where you're going?
Speaker 4: So what what is the reason behind you picking this specific destination that you're talking to me about?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Like this, why what are you hoping to out of that experience?
Speaker 4: And then you know, once once we're engaging in the conversation, more often than out they will ask me, but like, why are you asking me all these questions? And I'm like, well, I'm a traveler first and then I'm an agent second. I'm like I travel all the time. Literally, So for me, as I said, I just get paid to do what I love. Anyways, so so it's coming from a space of you're talking to somebody like you're talking to a friend. And then on top of it, I have the actual expertise of the industry to back. So that's how I overcome such such situations.
Speaker 3: And I mean it.
Speaker 2: In your response you mentioned something about research that you you actually take your time in research a lot about whether it's the location, the culture.
Speaker 3: And all those things.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean research is the fundamental basics to innovation as it tends, so I want to understand. I mean, this is your space and from what you have done over the years, I mean to actually say, you know what, instead of just doing virtual tosks, let's involve a guide wherever that clients want to see and let it be an interact session that where people can actually ask. Now, within the entire African continent, where the economy within the travel industry is actually vibrant and is still growing, what innovations do you do you believe could actually improve or accelerate growth in their economy.
Speaker 4: There are a few areas, you know, when when people think travel and tourism, the first thought is either working a travel agency or restaurant or or a hotel primarily, yeah, right, those are the areas that come top of mind. And I was actually having this conversation with one of my friends and I'm like, look, I deal with a lot of international travelers, and as I said, I've traveled quite extensively. And the one area that I definitely see that we are not exploring or growing as much as we could in terms of its capacity, it's with regards to, first of all, guiding. For example, if I have a group of class in tow coming in internationally thirty forty fifty hundred to three hundred people, when I put them on a bus, the law dictates that there must be a qualified professional guide on that bus, whether or not he's actually talking to these people. They need to be on that bus, right because I've done to us where people are like, we're tired, please don't talk to us. Just it's okay, you don't need to be explaining, right The client.
Speaker 5: Will say that.
Speaker 4: Then they'll be like, nah, we're good, we're tired, and it's okay, you don't need to be explaining, no history or what we just want to rest right now. The law dictates that that person must be on that bus. That means that person must get paid whether they're talking or they're not talking. Right, true, the course to get that qualification doesn't actually cost that much and it doesn't actually take that long.
Speaker 5: But there is an underestimation.
Speaker 4: And what I've found in the industry is that you'll find that it's a lot of older people who are just keeping themselves entertained so that they don't have certain tire who are doing guiding, and yet and yet the client's one younger, especially black people. I'm not trying to make this a race issue, but for example, our country, a lot of the history is based on our on our racial history.
Speaker 5: Now I'm gonna be frank with it. And now they.
Speaker 4: Want to hear about our history from a person who has.
Speaker 5: Gone through it. But now those people are not Yes.
Speaker 4: But but now we're not on those buses telling our story, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I guess it's a lack.
Speaker 4: And then when I've been traveling, I've found if there is one country that has exploited or used its full potential with regards to travel revenue generation to its full potential, it's Indonesia Bali. Those people are ingenious, like the the the guides that you find on site, whether you're doing the bally sing. Do you know that this bully sing was just created by a guy who decided, Ish, I'm going to come up with an idea and I'm gonna have this long flowid dress and I'm gonna put a swing and people come here.
Speaker 5: And take photos.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, when you think about the logic of that, and then you think about I went there, I went to the group and the cues from a person has put a swing in some scenic spot. Just consider how many scenic spots we have in this country. I have not seen a swing. I have not seen nothing swinging in our country.
Speaker 5: Why. I'm not why?
Speaker 4: And they become expert forographers. The content that people will create for you, Like they'll take your phone and they'll create insane videos that you can literally just put up.
Speaker 5: Agree, we know our girls, okay.
Speaker 4: And I'm directing this to the women because I know that ninety of travel decisions are made by women, right, I deal with them all day.
Speaker 5: So I'm just like, I know this for a.
Speaker 4: Fact, and I'm just like Gus, there's this great gap that we are not exploiting and even basic things. When I think about our a lot of international travelers will come through and they want to see authentic life in South Africa, not Santin.
Speaker 5: I live in Santin, don't. I don't hear it on.
Speaker 4: Santain, right, But Santin is not South Africa. If you're sitting in Santin, you could be in New York. So like, no, they're like, guys, can you take us to alex for example?
Speaker 5: Right in Cape Town.
Speaker 4: They're very good where They'll take you to Kaylicha. I've taken so many international tourists to kaylie each and to wait, yeah, to go, and I want to see the vibe they want to seek us see. They want to see the township life. They want to see the authentic life that is the you know. But I'm like, but if if nobody is going to create like an itinery or experience that these people, these visitors can come and enjoy it, to come and see the truth of.
Speaker 5: What it is, then they never will.
Speaker 4: So there's a lot I mean, so it has been very good with it, right, but I'm like, there's there's a lot more potential. It's just a matter of open your eyes see what they might be, what is unique out there. I mean, people will even have sent clients on a shopping guys, they needn't. They're like, no, we want to buy African Katua and and now now somebody must take them shopping, right, So you can literally specialize anything. I mean people specialize in birds and trees and what and insects and fashion is one I've done odd tourism. There's been food tours. There's even been jazz to us, Like, do you think about what it is that you love, learn about it, become an expert in it, and you'll find a market to come and actually learn about it.
Speaker 2: Locally interesting And you know, if there's something that you've highlighted is that a lot of people would assume that international travelers would like to see the toll buildings, the.
Speaker 3: Lights, They really don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because even also South Africans when when we travel, we're like, okay, we know there's traffic lights in South Africa, there's electricity. We would travel to learn more about the culture. So if we are not exposing international travelers culture, then we're definitely feeling ourselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, because the essence of travel is to go and learn about different cultures, different ways of thinking perspective, because it helps you understand your neighbor a little better. At the end of the day, you know, you become a little more tolerating of the differences because you understand that just because I feel like something must be this way doesn't mean that from your perspective that is correct. Yes, there will be a lot of similarities, but there will also be a lot of differences. And what makes life beautiful is all the differences that exist between us. But now, if we're not going to go and confidently communicate that, then we are feeling.
Speaker 2: Ourselves true, true, one hundred percent. I take full note of that, mis Massinger, and sure you know, I've had so much fun chatting to you that we actually miss time and it's unfortunate that we have reached the end of our engagement. Hopefully we can do a part two today because I really really want to get more insights as to how can we improve especially the travel space within South Africa, because I believe that it is completely underrated and it is not fully exploited or fully taken advantage of.
Speaker 3: So it's just it's.
Speaker 4: Underrated, because I mean, Cape Town is voth of the best city in the world, but keep Town is like a mini Europe.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's not application.
Speaker 4: So I'm just like literally literally is like a little piece of Europe that sits here at the bottom of Africa.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: But with that being said, MSMs Singer, I really really want to acknowledge and appreciate the time that you've taken to join us today and the insights that you've actually given myself and our audience. I believe that people are still glued to the devices right now to say, sure they didn't understand the correlation between travel and golf in the way that you actually understand it, and obviously the economics of it as to say, how can we be more innovative to ensure that you capitalize in what you do. So we really really appreciate that and I look forward to more engagements. Like I said, if there's any possibilities of doing a part two of this, I would be more than thrilled to participate in it.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, hopefully this time around it will be.
Speaker 2: On video and it won't be via social media.
Speaker 3: We will be on video on a golf course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not a golf course so they can see me.
Speaker 6: I'll drive you put myself under pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because apparently I'm a long hitter. A lot of people who've played with me will say, hey, this this young man hits the ball so hot, although I do not see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I think it'll be It'll be wonderful to do this again. But thank you Tony for having for having me this evening. Thanks for bols and tease. I think it's been a it's been a wonderful overlap of time. It's been a very enjoyable conversation on my part as well.
Speaker 5: It's been it's been great fun.
Speaker 3: No, I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: And now please do continue bringing more people into golf, because the more the maria and then let's let's let's continue building this environment for social golfers. Let's continue sharing business knowledge in all different aspects from all different industries. So we really really appreciate your inputs as well as your contribution to the travel space in South Africa and internationally as a whole, because I like the fact that you are taking South Africa and Africa out of Africa to the people. Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, mss Singer. Once again, thank you and you must have yourself a beautiful evening. Further, we shall engage like I said, the next episode will be video live on the golf course.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will take you up on that.
Speaker 4: Have a great evening, everyone, and thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen. We have reached the end of our so today. As I said, it was extremely informative. And listen, guys, I've had so much fun. I've never loved so much right now. I even feel like the tone of my voice has changed the way I've been laughing because I had so much fun with my guest today. But please, whilst edit, make sure that you do contact nom Pumelelo and Sipole regarding the nineteenth November I of Africa, the golf Day that is powered by Africa Summit Investments. You must make sure that you contact nom Pumeloo on zero seven nine one four six four three two two that's zero seven nine one for six four three two two or Sipo on zero six zero seven three five eight seven sixty six. That's the Africa Summit Investments Golf Day that's happening on the nineteenth of November twenty twenty five at Eye of Africa.
Speaker 3: You definitely don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: This will give expose you to a lot of opportunities local and international. You will then be able to network with the who who's of the industries. So, with that being said, ladies and gentlemen, make sure that you catch us on Spotify, you catch us on Spreaker, You make sure you catch us on.
Speaker 3: Amazon as well as Apple Podcast.
Speaker 2: I am the one, the only, Tony Tone, the magician, the ball with a lot of flair. I am a classic man, and please continue listening to the One and only Balls and Teas Podcast. You must have yourself a great weekend. Like I usually say, if you're waking on Thursday, my people a man, no, man, no, it's no, it's not going to wake. But if you're waking on Friday, please make sure that you contact me directly. I will come up with a proposal on how we can structure your week better so that your weekend begins on Wednesday evenings.
Speaker 3: Just like mine.
Speaker 2: With that being said, ladies and gentlemen, thank you so much and much love to everyone that's supporting us.
Speaker 3: Tell your friend to tell their friends so that.
Speaker 2: Their friends can tell their friends and their families to tune into Balls and Teas.
Speaker 3: Thank you,